The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

The Spook Squad & the Roughnecks team up to tackle a dangerous, high stakes mission in the Federation of Magic.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Ronan » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:45 pm

Ronan wrote:JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 6 / Original post: 1d100 = 96
Perception [33%]: Original post: 1d100 = 82

Detect Ambush [54%]: Original post: 1d100 = 7 (Avoid forestry ambushes, maintain overwatch with new toy)


Wak wrote:"Well if you don't mind, can you man the Grenade launcher mounted in the rear. Keep watch."


Ronan perks up a bit and looks over to the mounted weapon system. Did... did he say mounted grenade launcher? Oh baby. Ronan thinks to himself with a grin and responds over the radio. "With pleasure." And will move over to the launcher and check the weapon system out, ensure it's functional and loaded before checking its field of fire and rotary abilities.

WI-GL20 Automatic Grenade Launcher
Fixed rear mount, aft, capable of 90° rotation
Range: 3,000'
Damage:
  • Fragmentary: 4D6 M.D. to a 12' AoE
  • Armor-Piercing: 1D4x10 M.D. to a 3' AoE
  • Burst Fragmentary: 2D6x10 M.D. to a 40' AoE
  • Burst Armor-Piercing: 3D6x10 M.D. to a 8' AoE
  • Rate of Fire: single shots & 10-round bursts only
Payload: 200 round belt


Chuckling to himself under his breath. "He he he. Let a horde of undead bastards come on us now." He grins as he switches the ammunition selector to Burst Fragmentary. "Don't give a shit what your hurts you; blow your damn bodies apart." He continues mildly to himself with a smile and makes sure it doesn't hitch on it's 90* rotation before settling in. Not that they can get us in the sky; next you'll tell me they can fly. He muses with a scowl.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Augur » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:37 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 0400
Environmental Effects: 70°, night time/dark
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Stormspire

Order of Battle
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Zed (Roughnecks; walking)
Zion (MARS)


  • Ronan takes in the nighttime vistas of his strange, and truly alien, new world from the observation deck of the ATRV as it skims over the lofty canopy of the dark, dread forest below. Within twenty minutes or so, he's sound asleep with his feet up on the large, circular table, leaned back in his chair, and with his head lolling slightly off to one side.
  • Vheld begins to take in the information from the assorted sheets. There's a huge breadth of content covered by the notes, and they seem to span a couple hundred years' efforts from at least two dozen scribes, priests, mages, necromancers, and loremasters. Unfortunately, the great majority of the content are notes; incomplete bites of knowledge from what must once have been a revered and treasured library. From what he can tell, little if any of the knowledge of the library was respected or valued by the Harvester cult which explains why the library was found in such a shambles when his team breached the entrance to the temple. His team hadn't destroyed and scattered the library. The Cult of Nxla had done so. Seymour finally finishes his task as they near Stormspire, and hands Vheld a disc containing his work.
  • Will has vivid nightmares about cutting his own eye out, and of being gunned down ingloriously and unceremoniously by a bag of bones and blood with agency, without honor, and without remorse. Will sleeps only fitfully over the course of their return journey. (Save vs. insanity [-1 modifier] from traumatic brush with death.)
  • Jack and Minerva get a room together, bathe and refresh themselves, and enjoy each other's company in the privacy of their own room.
  • Seymour bids adios to his Cargonaut deep in the forest of Soulharvest, but manages to retrieve much of his gear from the vehicle with the help of a few of the others. Returning to the ATRV, he does as requested and scans every sheet of paper in Vheld's vast collection. As the ATRV is nearing Stormspire, he finds he's finally finished after hours of tedious work. He makes a copy of the files to a disc and hands that over to Vheld. Returning to an empty cabin to put his feet up for a minute, Seymour looks over a few of the scanned images. What's depicted in each of them is a sheet of paper, often but not always dirty or water-stained, on which there is absolutely no visually discernible text.
  • Wakiza urges Ray to get them back to Stormspire as he plops down in the co-pilot seat beside him. He first clears his mind by organizing his thoughts into a virtual, mental library. He embodies each of his most troubling memories into the form of a book. He is standing before a deep, ebony bookshelf with a cart beside him loaded with all his troubling thoughts and memories from the temple, from the war, from his training, from his tribe, from his childhood. He begins to file each of the books away into the bookshelf, taking pains that they are properly organized by chronology, in their proper place, and well recessed into the deep shelves and out of sight once shelved. Once done, he walks a pace until he finds in the library of his mind the thing for which he has most sought: the power of self-control. He finds an interesting book on the subject labeled Masters and Melters of Minds and sits cross-legged between the shelves of his mind to peruse the pages within its bindings.
  • Zed gets a room, secures it, cleanses himself, and then sets about creating ten fire globes through invocation. Once done, he's chagrined to find that he has only space in his backpack for two of them, no space on his belt, and no other means of carrying such a load.
  • Saul is disappointed by the results of his magic. It clearly harmed the undead monster, but not appreciably. After the thing is dispatched, curiosities satisfied, and the hostages freed (the sacrificial woman only had a dislocated shoulder which was easily remedied), Saul ruminates on his shortcomings and the distinct lack of significance he feels he's made in his life thus far. The trip to Stormspire was only an hour, but Saul dwells on a lifetime of shortcomings during this window of time.
  • Mierin finds herself a strange lumberjack as she hacks away at the undead monster's neck while John holds it as still as possible in his huge, stony grip. After the thing is dispatched, curiosities satisfied, and the hostages freed, she takes a moment to enjoy the fresh air after the rain and lightning. The faint odor of ozone fills the air and lends a sharpness to her senses and to her appreciation of them. The thunderstorm has passed, but she inner cynicism suggests that the real storm is yet to come. This was too easy. It certainly wasn't going to be over like that. She mounts her bike and heads off towards Stormspire with the others, and with a sense of foreboding.
  • Wolf is disappointed in the relative ineffectiveness of his fancy gun-work. Sure, the trick shots were impressive, and sure they harmed the monstrosity, but they barely even phased it. After the thing is dispatched, curiosities satisfied, and the hostages freed, Wolf mounts his robotic steed, and follows after the others en route to Stormspire intent on improving his impact in the future.
  • Zion holds rear-guard during the distasteful butchery, happy to not be needed in such an unpleasant task as further desecrating the dead. While on watch, he catches a glimpse of at least two of those strange, upside-down beings about whom a few of the others had spoken, but they dashed off into the dark maze of underground passages in flight upon being seen. After the Murder Wraith is dispatched, curiosities satisfied, and the hostages freed
  • Rocky leads the hostages and would-be sacrificial victims out of their confinement and onto the surface where he's pleased to find the storm has passed. After the thing down below is dispatched, curiosities satisfied, and the hostages freed, Rocky recovers his gear from in front of the now not so empty inn, hops in his hover jeep, and lights the way back to Stormspire with the headlights of his vehicle.
  • John After the thing is dispatched, and the hostages freed, John satisfies his curiosity by wrenching open one of the sarcophagi. Inside are the remains of a man in decayed military fatigues. Stenciled on the left breast of the fatigues is a name: Adams, L. SSGT. On the right breast of the corpse's uniform is a symbol of a silver eagle rampant above a crest of three stars. John's memory of mythology is sometimes sketchy, but he's pretty sure based on the insignia that this fellow must be one of the fabled Nemans from the legends of the Dark Age. With his curiosity piqued, and his mind having something to turn over during the drive, John returns topside, assembles with the others, and paces them on their way to Stormspire.
  • Lahz is unsurprised that the reception clerk has a message from his father waiting for him. He opens it up and is further unsurprised to read instructions from his father to not bother him during meditation until his whole team is assembled, or until 0400, whichever comes first. He states that they all have a great deal to discuss, urgent tasks to accomplish, little time to waste, and to get himself and his teammates rested as quickly as possible. Inquiring after merchant availability, the clerk smiles politely and answers that this varies greatly, but that most shops in town are open within an hour of sunrise.


An hour after Lahz and company take up temporary residence at the Stormspire Suites & Conference Center, those who had made their excursion to the Lexington ruins find their way there as well, discover the other group is already resting, and follow suit themselves.


You are all awakened or disturbed with the arrival of the the Roughnecks' ATRV at 0400. Quickly getting dressed, you all reach the lobby to find Wakiza and the others stepping out of the ATRV. The paranoid and security conscious among you find that your vehicles have not been disturbed in the intervening hours. You are all gathered in the lobby of the Stormspire Suites & Conference Center when the clerk kind of bullies you all out of her lobby and into the vacant conference center where you won't be able to wake other guests.

GM NOTES:
  • The group which stopped the ritual at the temple in the heart of Soulharvest reaches Stormspire three and a half hours later.
    • These individuals have only that travel time to rest or meditate.
  • The group which stopped the ritual in the fields just North of Stormspire can rest or meditate for three hours.
  • The group which stopped the ritual in the ruins of Old Lexington can rest or meditate for four hours.
  • All Mages and Psychics can recoup P.P.E. & I.S.P. as though they were near a ley line over this period of time.


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Jack Killian: -119 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-18 shots, Enhanced Perception; Psychic Body Field: 70/-61
John Altfeld: -195 M.D.
Lahz: (Sustain active), -56 I.S.P.
Marauder PA: Mini-Missiles: EMPTY; LPC: 240 shots/-44 shots; WI-GL8: -33 silver shots; N-F50A Force Field: popped; 1 Secondary Optics/Camera destroyed
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Minerva: -75 I.S.P.; -30 M.D. to Psionic Crystal Armor ; Psionic Force Field: 70/ ; Hyper-TK activated at 2030.5 (12 mins)
NE-ATRV:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Rocky: -50 I.S.P.; Intangible, Shadow Meld, Enhanced Reflexes; Thundergun: 6/-6 shots;
Ronan: Mega-Juicer Combat EBA & Armored Flight Suit: DESTROYED; -22 personal M.D.
Saul: -26 P.P.E.; Wings: Fly as the Eagle @1930 (60 mins); Shadow Meld @2020 (10 mins); Sixth Sense active; -30 M.D.
Seymour:
Silhouette:
Slithn:
Sshir: -36 M.D.C.
Vheld: P.P.E. tracked in sig-line; -2 charges/invincible armor talisman; -16 S.D.C.
Wakiza: -100 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; EBA FF popped, -24 from P.P.E. Battery
William Summers: 3 H.P. only; Lifeward on NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor;
Wolf Whitaker: .44 Mag: 6/-1 shot; NE-6SL: 6/-5 shots;
Zed: 177 P.P.E.; Energy Sphere: 300 P.P.E.
Zion: -20 ISP
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5383
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Zion » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 14 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 54
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Mind Block-Auto Defense, Null Void, Psi Nullification, Sense Supernatural (300'/ 1200') WB12, pg30, Radiate Nature (12'/ 100') WB12, pg30

Zion shuffles himself into the vacant conference room. He moves off to the side, pulls up a chair and sits down. Zion crosses his feet.as he places them on top of the table. Leaning back in his chair while folding his arms in front of him. He watches the others file into the room. Observing each one for familiarity and remembrance. Are all dese people here fer da same ding? What kind do trouble did I get myself into, if it be need'n all dese folk. if anyone Zion hasn't met approaches and tries to strike up a conversation, he will exchange greetings and names. "Wa gwaan. The name's Zion."
Zion

Constant Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense, Six Sense, Sense Supernatural Beings, Radiate Nature, Null Void, Psi Nullification and interference

Equipment
Morning Star
    2d6 MD
Wilk's 457 Laser Pulse Rifle
    3D6+2 M.D. per shot or 1D6x10 M.D. burst
    30 shots per LE-Clip
User avatar
Zion
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:49 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby John Altfeld » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 20 / 73%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 72

CONDITIONS: John is 10 feet tall in his super-cool jumpsuit.

Once the Murder Wraith is beheaded, John says, "Thanks, lady, he was wiggly and I was getting tired of holding him still." Then he goes through the gore, looking for salvageable equipment, including magic items.

Lore: Magic (to find magic items): 1d100 = 52 / 81%

Later, gazing down on the body of the Neman, John chuckles and carefully puts the lid back on the sarcophagus. Well, well, a very valuable find indeed. Need to talk to Will and the Commander about this. 'I'm Saul, I'm Mierin, don't bother the dead!' Yeah, that's what you sound like.

He spits out his gear, turns back from pebbles and puts his clothes, helmet and equipment back on. John then paces the others on the way to Stormspire, thanking whatever deities made the rain stop. As they approach Stormspire, he tries to raise the team on the radio, "Roughnecks, this is Pebbles, we are approaching the rendezvous, please advise specific location."

As they pass through town on the way to the hotel John is confused. I thought Stormspire would be nice. This is a lot nastier than Kingsdale or MercTown. They need streets here. Plumbing. Weird. And gross.

At the hotel, he gets the nicest room available. Preferably one with a jacuzzi or whirlpool tub. He also covers a room for Wolf.

After a one hour soak in the tub, he comes back down and holes up in the bar until everyone else gets to the hotel.

As the other Roughnecks come in, John warmly gives them and Space Beef bro-hugs and nods to Vheld and Lahz. "They hid, but once we found them, we broke them like a Saturday-night promise on Sunday morning. How'd it go for you guys?"

When they file into the conference room, he whispers to Will, "Do you know much about the Nemans?"

Healing Rolls for the 4 Hours
Currently at -195 HP from Growth. Growth Healing Rules Here
That's 24 rolls...
4d6*24 = 288
Last edited by John Altfeld on Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 61/24%
JIC: 1d20 = 8;1d100 = 48


Paranoia Thought Text



Wolf nods in satisfaction to Mierin as the Undead's head rolls across the floor. You and that sword are quite the pair. I know you said you preferred to stay at range but you're quite good close up." Wolf tips his hat as he goes about reloading his spent weapons. So, what have we learned?...Both Mierin and John could kill us without much trouble...That, and?...And, what?...For the love of Pete. Did you not see how ineffectual you were? Mierin and John carried everyone here. The Monkey, while scary did not do much, neither did Rocky and that Zion person did absolutely nothing. I still think he might be working for the other side. On top of that while yes your silver had an effect it was not what you usually are able to do to a being. Nice shooting but we need more. We need something magical. Like those Thunderguns that we have heard about. Those would bring you back up to being useful again. That will also keep us alive longer as well. You are down to 4 silver rounds. Not that they did much....Ok point taken. This was not what I was expecting when I got out here. We are in so over our head...Yes you are...Ok so Thunderguns? Isn't that what Rocky was using at first. I think he ran out of ammo...I believe you are correct. We should speak to Wakiza about possibly picking up a pair while we are in Stormspire...Will do. Now lets get out of here.

When they all make it back to the inn where their gear is Wolf will get ready to leave with the rest of the group. Somewhere along the journey Wolf will wave John down and extend the hilt of the weapon to him, "Thank you. Even though I didn't use it I appreciate the lending of the weapon. Swords...Well i'm really not good with them. I'm more liable to injure myself as the enemy. But I think I know what would suit me. Would you be willing to accompany me to find a set of Thunderguns while we are in Stormspire? I will tell you up front that I don't have the money for them but if you were willing to spot me, I would pay you back upon completion of the mission. Either way I appreciate your help John."


As they move through the streets of Stormspire Wolf is taking in everything, Man the first part of this place was an absolute dump....I though we had the wrong place at first...Ya but it got better...There is a lot here. Seems like many hidden things here...Let hope we can get some rest, or at least a shower. This mud is intense. Wolf hops off Dusty when the group comes to a stop at the Hotel. Nice place...Don't let your guard down. This is the perfect time for someone to jump you...Gods do you ever give it a rest...only when you are asleep. Wolf stretches for a moment then truns to his horse, "Dusty Stay. Guard." The horse holds it's position near the other vehicles, unmoving. Before Wolf can get his request for a room out he is ushered into the conference room with the others. "Hey can we at least get some coffee in here? Man what kind of place is this?" Wolf will love over the people assembled. "Hey where is Felix? Something happen to him?" Wolf will make sure to stay close to John and the rest of the Roughnecks. Wolf will then lean down to John and whisper to him, "Hey was Will always in that armor? I mean we have been going for a while but I could have sworn he was wearing mage armor when we left. Enh. No big deal. He does look like hes been through it. Must have been rough for the others. Looks like we got off easy this time." He will find a chair and try and relax for a few moments before, what ever this is gets going.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby William Summers » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 42/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 84

Save vs Insanity (12+): 1d20-1 = 15

Conditions
  • SDC: 0/62
  • HP: 3/60
  • Ley Line Proximity: Double range/duration/damage, Will can draw 10PPE/melee. Double magic weapon damage/range.
  • Personal PPE: 10/178
  • Captured PPE: 0/356. 0/60 minutes
  • NE-BA-50 Raider Heavy Body Armor:
    • Helmet: 80
    • Arms: 55 each
    • Legs: 80 each
    • Main Body: 140
    • Lifeward: BoM pg 121
    • Must spend 20% more PPE to cast spells
    • Additional Effects: - 61-80% Reduce both range and duration of the spell by 20%.


3 ½ hours of sleep recovers: ? PPE


Damnit, not even rest feels comfortable. Will raises himself from the bed post dreams of eye mutilation and angle after angle of recap of his demise. You were dead. You're lucky to be back. Be thankful for what you've got, stupid. He takes a look at the Eye of Odin, shakes his head and places it back in its pouch. You'll be the death of... oh wait.

Once the team arrives to Stormspire, Will armors up and heads in with the rest of the crew. He spends the time catching up with the Roughnecks, gently chatting with the Spooks and getting to know the men from M.A.R.S. When he has the chance, he'll inquire at the reception desk about any cyber-docs or other medical clinics operating in the area.

As he sees squadmates who's healing capabilities he's aware of, he'll let it be known that he is in need of a healing touch or 10.
JTFAers who can heal Will
Ronan – Flesh Works
Minerva – Touch of Health
John Altfeld – Divine Healing
Jack Killian – Healing Touch
Saul – Healing Touch
Zion – Healing Touch


John Altfeld wrote:"How'd it go for you guys?"

"So, I don't want you to freak out or anything because we're in a room that you could destroy if you were mad. But I died. They told me I got killed by a Necro-Juicer? I didn't even get to land a strike!"
John Altfeld wrote:When they file into the conference room, he whispers to Will, "Do you know much about the Nemans?"

"I don't. They're the old technology cult or something right? Never really learned much about them in school."
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Minerva » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 84/54%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 92

Group: Stormspire
Conditions
  • H.P.: 104/104
  • S.D.C.: 177/177
  • I.S.P.: 321/390
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 5/35 MDC
  • Psionic Forcefield Inactive
  • 70/70 MDC
  • 3/4 Activations
    Stalker Suit
  • 12/12 MDC
    Cloak of Protection
  • 50/50 MDC
  • AR: 12
  • Impervious to Fire
    Ring of Invisibility (Inactive)
  • 0/10 minutes
  • 3/3 Activations
    Ring of Resist Fire (Inactive)
  • 0/2 hours
  • 3/3 Activations


Hand me that drink, will you Fireman? Minerva lies in bed with her left hand intertwined in Jack Killian's crimson locks and her right hand reaching over for a beverage. Can you believe that people do this without Telepathy? How boring.

At the sound of the ATRV arriving, Minerva gets herself up and dressed in her Stalker Suit and Cloak of Protection before heading downstairs to the lobby where she finds the rest of the strike teams sent to disrupt rituals. She finds Vheld and asks "Target eliminated?" She then asks the same of Mierin. When the group is herded into the conference center, Minerva takes a seat and a snack. If she sees Lahz, she'll ask "Otra patch up on my armor if you have the chance? I took some hits back there."

When Will brings up his need for healing, Minerva will wait to see if anyone else steps up first before offering her services. "You owe me a favor, Mageling."

If Minerva heals Will
Touch of Health:
+1d6*10 = 60 HP/SDC (-15 ISP)
+1d6*10 = 40 HP/SDC (-15 ISP)
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Vheld » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:02 am

JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 44
PER: 1d100 = 44 vs. 76%

Sense ley lines and nexuses- 1d100 = 54 vs. 85% (+10% to sense a nexus)
To determine where the closest ley line nexus is within 100 miles.

Seymour Ruiz wrote:” I should have been clear. Not any liquid….. Alcohol, well ethanol. To be exact. The higher proof the better.”
Vheld frowns. ”The best I can do is wine. If you wish to fuel your vehicle using that, I shall give the order, otherwise retrieving your portable gear shall have to suffice.”
Seymour Ruiz wrote:” Maybe you will owe me a favor? Hehe”
Vheld’s frown deepens. He is not accustomed to being spoken to in such a manner- but, after a moment’s reflection, the shifter nods to himself. I suppose I will, at that. Aloud, Vheld merely replies, ”Maybe I shall. If you are successful.”

Wakiza wrote:"Well I already owe you one for bring Will back." He pulls a necklace off from under his armor. "Will this Silver cross work?"
Vheld pauses, thinking for a moment, then shakes his head. ”The scales needed to be balanced. Consider it recompense- a life for the life Minerva’s carelessness snuffed out back at the village. Say no more on the subject, and I shall consider the debt hers to repay.” As Wakiza brandishes his cross, Vheld inspects it carefully before nodding. ”Assuming that is real silver and not painted iron or some sort of plastic imitation, then yes, that will suffice.”

Vheld spends the rest of the ride to Stormspire going through the notes. To the shifter’s lack of surprise, there’s little he can use- but a few things that might be of value to the mage’s guild back home. Once Vheld has finished going through everything, he will replace the materials in his sack and set it (along with the journal) in one corner of the ARTV, to be retrieved later. As the rest of his time dictates, Vheld will engage in some meditation or even a short nap, while his surviving minions recharge their energies. After Seymour hands Vheld the disk, he will look for an on-board computer to check to see if the documents were scanned. Disappointed but not surprised to find that they were not, he will eject the disk and return it to Seymour at the next opportunity. ”Unfortunately, the mage’s wards are too strong. Do not fret, this was the most likely outcome. I thank you for your efforts regardless.”

When they arrive, Vheld exits the ARTV promptly, looking irritated and withdrawn as usual but otherwise none the worse for wear (aside from his energy sphere being noticeably dimmer than usual). Relieved to be among familiar faces (though, of course, showing none of said relief) he approaches those Spooks that he sees.
Minerva wrote:She finds Vheld and asks "Target eliminated?"
Rubbing an ache out of his neck, Vheld nods and says blithely. ”Aye. No major problems, but the Roughnecks’ magus should invest in some better armor. I may not be around to save him next time.” To Lahz, he adds ”I need a few hours and a ley line nexus. After that I’ll be good to go.”

As the team assembles in the conference room, Vheld briefly closes his eyes and tries to locate the nearest ley line nexus. Once he has a bead on the approximate distance/location, the shifter will open his eyes and pipe up. ”We still need to pursue leads with Dweomer and Stormspire. Beyond that, I shall need some time at the local ley line nexus to restore my energies. Any of you who desire a talisman that contains one of my spells has until I leave to state your request and provide a small physical object that can house the spell. Anything not made of iron or plastic should be fine. Any mages who wish to accompany me will expedite things substantially.” For anyone who inquires, Vheld will give a brief overview of the spells in his arsenal appropriate for a talisman (levels 1-8).

Vheld has other plans for the nexus, as well, but those will depend on the team’s next steps and how much time they have left for such matters.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 101/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
1/3 charges on Vheld's and 2/3 on Sil's invincible armor talismans.
Energy Spheres: 264/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:46 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 16 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: 1d100 = 93

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Annoyed/Frustrated] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days), N-F50A Force Field [---/160]

ISP: [-56] 165/221
Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 53



STORMSPIRE

Augur wrote:[*]Lahz is unsurprised that the reception clerk has a message from his father waiting for him. He opens it up and is further unsurprised to read instructions from his father to not bother him during meditation until his whole team is assembled, or until 0400, whichever comes first. He states that they all have a great deal to discuss, urgent tasks to accomplish, little time to waste, and to get himself and his teammates rested as quickly as possible. Inquiring after merchant availability, the clerk smiles politely and answers that this varies greatly, but that most shops in town are open within an hour of sunrise.


You are all awakened or disturbed with the arrival of the the Roughnecks' ATRV at 0400. Quickly getting dressed, you all reach the lobby to find Wakiza and the others stepping out of the ATRV. The paranoid and security conscious among you find that your vehicles have not been disturbed in the intervening hours. You are all gathered in the lobby of the Stormspire Suites & Conference Center when the clerk kind of bullies you all out of her lobby and into the vacant conference center where you won't be able to wake other guests.


After ~2 hours of sleep, Lahz rolls over to find that though he is fully rested, it is still the damn middle of the night. The Psi-Tech checks his gear for damage after their long night, his sidearm and radio, then finds himself a comfortable position to meditate until he receives word that others have arrived. [+40 ISP] In the 'morning' with the arrival of the others, Lahz uses his Drone Command Gauntlet (5 Mile Wireless Range, NG2 Pg 245) to summon Ray, "Welcome back, Status Report? ... We lost Tony on our side. Bring the Duffle Bag with my gear up to room XXX ... then you are on Guard Duty. Watch the Marauder and make sure no one gets near it.

Lahz will pay for another 2 days in his room, and change into his Roadrunner armor, *May not be able to walk around town in the Marauder easily, but this armor will still let me go into shops to pick things up etc. and I can strap on my sidearms ...* He then heads back downstairs.

When he encounters the others and they are 'ushered' into a conference room, Lahz will take a measured walk around the room, scanning it for bugs within his limited (5ft) range:
Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 52
Electronic Countermeasures 61%: 1d100 = 4

John Altfeld wrote:As the other Roughnecks come in, John warmly gives them bro-hugs and nods to Vheld and Lahz. "They hid, but once we found them, we broke them like a Saturday-night promise on Sunday morning. How'd it go for you guys?"


The jaw of the Psi-Tech sets with visible frustration, "We were successful but Felix and Daphne flew off after the Battle. Neither was substantively injured. Tony was frakking destroyed, so in my opinion Blackman's ridiculously vague offer of a favor had better be valued over 40-million frakking credits or this think is a frakking loss. We briefly met up with a delusional golem who didn't believe that was what he was ... called himself Jimbo or something. Who knows maybe I am wrong and he was some kind of granite based D-bee, or a Warlock who had lost his mind ... whatever. We got here to Stormspire a few hours ago in time to find out my father Finn D'Gemmel-the-Self-Righteous is around here somewhere. Pops was kind enough to show up a couple hours before the battle, decline to help and tell us he was headed for Psyscape, but miraculously is back here in time to claim he was waiting on us and we should assemble for 'his-arrogance' to address us when we all get here about his contacts with Magestar and Dunscon. Blood and frakking ashes that man has an ego the size of Lone Star and all the graciousness of a kick in the teeth ... I don't need this crap before breakfast."

At Minerva's request he will attempt repairs on her Psionic Crystal Armor (+30 MD via 3 discreet short range blasts from his Universal Energy to Matter Converter (Patron Item)).

Vheld wrote:Rubbing an ache out of his neck, Vheld nods and says blithely. ”Aye. No major problems, but the Roughnecks’ magus should invest in some better armor. I may not be around to save him next time.” To Lahz, he adds ”I need a few hours and a ley line nexus. After that I’ll be good to go.”


"Take the time you need. I was going to look and see if I could find a few things to supplement my sudden lack of a damn bodyguard and the ineffectiveness of several weapons during that Ritual combat. If you can find the time and energy for it, I will request a couple of your Talismans: Mental Blast, and Time Slip. I will endavor to hit a bank too if I can. Is there anything you need purchased? We may benefit from grabbing the Hover-Jeep from our Garage at HQ if having access to energy here makes that simple ... " *Maybe I shoud just take Dad's car joyriding on a mission, bet he'd love that ...*

... Whenever an opportunity presents itself (after Sunrise and a decent breakfast), Lahz will grab whatever funds he has available and stop by the concierge/desk clerk again, "Is there a Bank in this town? Any maps of town available for sale? Or is there anyone you recommend to handle repairs and TW alterations?"

Charm/Impress: 45%: 1d100 = 36 - Be nice to the Clerk

"Shopping Attempt when appropriate"
When time can be found, Lahz will head out in search of a few things:
NG-300 Speedster (Electric = 98,000 Credits)
Appraise Goods 93%: 1d100 = 36
Barter 62%: 1d100 = 78
Charm/Impress: 45%: 1d100 = 67

Xiticix Mace (WB 23, Pg 78, 11,000-15,000 Credits) -- He'll pay up to 45,000 for this
Appraise Goods 93%: 1d100 = 5
Barter 62%: 1d100 = 90
Charm/Impress: 45%: 1d100 = 1

Xiticix Sickle Axe (WB 23, Pg 80, 12,000-15,000 Credits) -- He'll pay up to 45,000 for this
Appraise Goods 93%: 1d100 = 20
Barter 62%: 1d100 = 9
Charm/Impress: 45%: 1d100 = 2

Convert "Automatic Shotgun" on Marauder with TK Minigun (from common TW Vehicle Features , BOM Pg 336, 100,000 Credits) at appropriate Stormspire TW Shop ------- He'll pay up to 45,000 for this
Appraise Goods 93%: 1d100 = 60
Barter 62%: 1d100 = 58
Charm/Impress: 45%: 1d100 = 66

Convert Netgun from Meadows to throw Magic Nets (at appropriate Stormspire TW Shop)
Appraise Goods 93%: 1d100 = 77
Barter 62%: 1d100 = 52
Charm/Impress: 45%: 1d100 = 93


HP Bump for Lvl 9: 1d6 = 1
Last edited by Lahz on Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:37 am

JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 52
Init: 1d20 = 7
Perc: 30% / 1d100 = 45
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 67
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 2


Conditions:

Skills Used


Post -
Seymour sits up abruptly ” Fuck!! ” What the hell?? Why the fuck didn't those come out?” He tries to think over his old lessons from terry. ” I have a vague memory of something about...magic cant be photographed or some shit like that. Vheld will be pissed.” He closes his eyes and rests his forehead in his hands, with elbows resting on the table. ” What the frak am I gonna do? No camera, no bots, cant take a photo. They are gonna boot me out. *mentally slaps self* Man up, as the human s say. I will wait and see what happens.” He gives a sigh and stands. ” Time to face the music.” He heads to find Vheld. ” Well so much for that favor. Man, I am not good at this, I need to up my game if I want to stay with these guys.”

Emerging from his quarters/workspace, Seymour notices where they are. ” No time to gawk. Move Seymour. “ He continues on to find Vheld. As he approaches, he lowers his head and his tail drags limply behind him. ’Vheld, I must apologize….’ He stops short as Vheld responds in kind.

Seymour stands straight and even smiles as he hears the thanks given. He returns to his workspace and gathers up his gear. Carefully repacking as much as he can. Leaving his computer set up and connected to the vehicle, Seymour will take everything else but the polearm. ” Just need to relocate this gear. I can start by returning what I borrowed if I can.” He has a moment while his memory flashes back to his drones. ” I may not have had you long but you served me well. Godspeed heckle and jeckle.” He will spend the rest of the trip reorganizing his gear.




Upon arrival, Seymour grabs his pack, and straps on his weapons. Leaving his analog camera on the table beside his computer, he turns and heads in the Conference Center. As he crosses through the door, he slows right down and almost stops dead. ” Wow!!” He then continues on to the front desk. Seeing Lahz, he heads over. ” Excuse me. Sorry to interrupt you. I wanted to return some gear to you and discuss my debt. Let me know how much for the drones I lost and I will work on getting it for you.” He does a quick check of his mental files. ” I am sure I can ask my “friends” for the money.” He hands over the FF harness and Ripper knife. ” Oh, and the polearm is in the ride.”

Afterward, he follows the Spooks into the conference room. Seeing Vheld talk to some of the others as if old friends, shows Seymour that he is definitely the new fish in this pond of giants. ” The amount of power and experience in this room is astounding. I could learn a lot from just watching.” He finds a seat and sits. Using all his skills and abilities, Seymour watches.

After a few minutes, he hears Vheld make his statement ” A Talisman that holds magic?? I am down for that. Just no idea what to ask for.” He ponders this till he finds Vheld with a free moment. After a quick list of what is available as a talisman, Seymour thanks him and moves off. As he stands from his seat, he looks at Vheld. ’ I need a drink! You want anything?” Positive answer or nor, Seymour will head out to find something to eat and a drink.

Seeing Lahz “sweep” the room makes Seymour pause. ’ Why would you do that? Unless the CS found me?? What if?” Seymour then heads back to his original quiet seat and checks his wrist gauntlets for any signals that aren't from the Spooks. He stops working mid-word as Lahz opens up about his issues. As he rants, Seymour thinks to himself. ” I thought I had it rough. I am just gonna shut up and be glad for what I have got.”

When talk of shopping comes up, Seymour requests some time to stay here and work. ” If it is the same to you, I will stay here and work. I need to figure out if any pics are salvageable and then try to contact some friends. Anything you want to be sold or looked at?” He gives a smile that is meant to be charming ’ I know a guy.”
1d100 = 83
1d100 = 59
1d100 = 59
1d100 = 81
1d100 = 88
1d100 = 41
1d100 = 97
1d100 = 37
1d100 = 5
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Saul » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:47 am

Perception Bonus: 32% /58% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 72

JIC: 1d20 = 20
1d100 = 79

Lexington Ruins Group

Saul's anger got the better of him, he realizes, as Meirin cuts the head of the murder wraith from its shoulders. My magic... the... core focus of my life's work... barely affected it. I did not focus. I lashed out... and in so doing... I injured the victim and failed to contribute much more than a distraction to our enemy.

Bitterly ashamed, he helps free the victim, mumbling an apology for her shoulder as he helps her and the other prisoners escape. As they wrap up, he draws energy from the ley line to top up his reserves, more out of habit and an abundance of caution than any recognition of immediate need.

During the trip to Stormspire, Saul is quiet, and his thoughts are dark.

The purpose of my mission seems so frivolous... I'm supposed to meditate on all of this, and use it to guide my development... but I was utterly unable to make a dent in the enemy - so what good is my focused meditation method if I am trading versatility for power? Of what use is that to anyone? Perhaps... as a purely theoretical exercise it may have had some merit, but the real world is a dangerous place, and if we wish our abilities to serve the greater good, then they must be strong, and we must be unheistant and controlled in their use. I was neither.

He rides the hour in silence.

Stormspire

Upon reaching the hotel, he numbly pays for a room, takes the key, and retreats for some meditation, to replenish his psionic energies as much as possible. Following his meditation, he exits his room, and looks for Felix, asking the various individuals present if he is here.

Lahz wrote:"We were successful but Felix and Daphne flew off after the Battle. Neither was substantively injured."


Saul says "Thank you for this information", and smiles wanly, but his soul is plunged into a deeper darkness. My friend... gone now, to who knows where. Rocky is here... but I know know one else with any level of... kinship. I am alone.

As they enter the conference room, Saul attempts to bootstrap himself out of the morass of his thoughts, to listen to the debriefing. Hopefully, at least, by stopping these rituals we have ended the threat.

A dark part of him knows he is not that lucky.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 30/30
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 156/156
I.S.P.: 85/98

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:01 pm

ROLLS HELD

To Wolf

On the Journey
John accepts his lightblade back from Wolf. "Glad to help. I'd definitely want to go shopping with you. Stormspire is supposed to be a city of miracles! Um, but on covering your costs. You may want to check in with the Commander, since he signed you up. Usually he takes cash out of the company coffers to cover things like that."

In the Inn
When Wolf comments on Will's change of clothes, John looks at Will. "Sometimes people change clothes. I don't... Will has different armor?" He pauses. "You have more than one set of clothes, right?"

To Will

On Death
John frowns. "That's not funny, Will. You shouldn't joke about being dead."

On the Nemans
I heard they were gods. They're definitely not gods. I'll tell you why later.

Mythology (What does John know about the Nemans?): 1d100 = 27 / 56%

To Lahz
John nods soberly. "I'm sorry your quiet borg friend died. At least he did so saving the world. We had a similar experience, that man over there with his feet on the table just appeared at the ritual site, claiming not to be a cultist." John looks at Zion, appraising him. "Your dad sounds like kind of a dick and you seem stressed. We should drink after this meeting. Or during."

During the Meeting
When Vheld offers talismans, John quickly raises his hand, "I want the spell that makes you immune to energy. Mages use that all the time in combat. It's not fair. Please."

He adds, "I'll go wherever the Commander decides, but I'd really, really like to meet K'zaa." Then he half-whispers. "He's so cool."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Zion » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:06 pm

( Rolls Carried Over )

William wrote:As he sees squadmates who's healing capabilities he's aware of, he'll let it be known that he is in need of a healing touch or 10.


Zion overhears William's request for some healing. Taking his feet off the table, unfolds his arms and stands. Getting excited, he runs his hands together. A slow, circular pace. He runs his hands for a few seconds before stopping. Zion walks over to William. He clears his throat. "Sc'use me Mon. I heard ya' might be in need of sum heal'n. If ya' don't mind gett'n help from I and I, den i dink I can help ya' out. He's giv'n me da heel'n touch." If William agrees, Zion will say a small prayer before laying his hand on him. Zion concentrates and transforms his some of his energy into William, to replenish William's Lifeforce. Zion will repeat the process until William if at full strength or some relieves him.

Healing Touch Rolls
Will start healing HP first and then switch to SDC.4d6 = 11, 4d6 = 14, 4d6 = 13, 4d6 = 12, 4d6 = 12,4d6 = 19, 4d6 = 10, 4d6 = 9, 4d6 = 10, 4d6 = 16

Healed 10 time at 6 ISP each for a total of 60 ISP
Zion

Constant Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense, Six Sense, Sense Supernatural Beings, Radiate Nature, Null Void, Psi Nullification and interference

Equipment
Morning Star
    2d6 MD
Wilk's 457 Laser Pulse Rifle
    3D6+2 M.D. per shot or 1D6x10 M.D. burst
    30 shots per LE-Clip
User avatar
Zion
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:49 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:19 pm

**Rolls Held Over**

Paranoid Thought Text

Wolf takes John's advice and tries to speak with Wazika when there is a chance. "Wazika, we were successful in stopping the ritual at our location. However i have come to realize I am not equipped to combat the undead. I have two solutions to offfer. the first one, and my preference, is a small loan to purchase two Tunderguns and approximately 240 rounds of ammo for them. The other option is when in combat you guys point me at targets that can be effected by normal weapons and I will focus on them. The second option is less desierable as I would not be effective after my targets were eliminated. Thank you for hearing me out."
Well that was some good groveling...That was not what I was doing...Sounded like it...Fuck off. We need those weapons to continue to survive...Well now you are thinking. What is your next plan?...Vheld was offering to make talismans. We need one for emergency protection. This armor may not hold very long in a protracted fight...Now you are listening. So when are you going to off Mierin?

Wolf will move over to Vheld and pull out a small silver cross from his pocket. "Vheld. If you offer is good, I would like some additional protection. Armor of Ithan I think it is called. Thank you."

Wolf will look at Will, "Well joke or not glad you are still here." Wolf will stay near the rest of the Roughnecks for the remainder of the briefing.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Ronan » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:44 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 18 / 1d20 = 4
Perception [33%]: 1d100 = 15
Detect Ambush [59%]: 1d100 = 13 (Not comfortable in this environment, looking for probably or likely ambush spots.)

As Ronan awakens as they arrive from his nodding slumber amid the drive, he sighs. Yup. Not a dream, I really am stuck in this strange world. Damn it all. This is a real problem. Inter-Dimensional Monsters exist, trying to take over planets? Weak, pathetic husks that can flat out laugh at one of my punches. OH! And Apparently I can't control water anymore, but now I can turn silver. What is next, am I going to fly? Is there going to be an armada of space vessels reigning down on this planet? Will we all die; shit, death might be preferable. At least then, I might rejoin my old crew. His mind wanders as the Roughnecks ARTV touches down.

Ronan will sling his KLS and clean up the battered armor as best as possible. He then follows the others into the lobby and responds to the bro-hug from John welcomingly. "No worse for wear I suppose. Well, the going was tough, the fighting was touch and go for a second there, and the result was almost overwhelming. But overall, not too bad."

Wolf wrote:"Hey was Will always in that armor? I mean we have been going for a while but I could have sworn he was wearing mage armor when we left. Enh.


Ronan chuckles, "Uh, yeah, his other armor has a pretty large hole in it. Might make a good trophy for the time he brushed shoulders with Death and walked back."

Will wrote:"So, I don't want you to freak out or anything because we're in a room that you could destroy if you were mad. But I died. They told me I got killed by a Necro-Juicer? I didn't even get to land a strike!"


He clasps the mage on the back; "That just means they viewed you as an immediate threat and eliminated you before you could wreck havoc. Take it as a compliment, after all, you're here, and they are not." Ronan responds and then grabs a snack from the lobby and makes his way to the conference room.

He has nothing significant to add to the current conference discussions, being totally out of his element on this world for now. He sits back, props a leg up and listens to the conversations at hand. Though, when he spots Lahz, he will approach the pointy-eared one and remove the dagger loaned to him and twirl it in his hands so the handle is facing Lahz to hand it too him. "Lahz, I appreciate you letting me use this while I got my bearings on this strange planet. This light sword you got me works wonders, though, I must offer, that the armor provided was scrapped up something fierce. I don't imagine needing much more in the way of armor in the near future though, and will find a way to repay you for the money spent." Ronan states

Dwarven Long Knife
Item removed from Ronan's Sheet
Code: Select all
[b]Dwarven Long Knife[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/01/20180901191008-d672585d.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Rare Enchanted Knife[/i]
Damage: 2D8+4
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Super-Sharpness: +4 to damage, but more importantly it lowers the required roll for a critical strike by two points.
[*]Additional Damage: One die of damage is added to the weapon's normal damage.[/list]
Curse: (if any)
History: (if any)[/size]


Vheld wrote:"Any of you who desire a talisman that contains one of my spells has until I leave to state your request and provide a small physical object that can house the spell. Anything not made of iron or plastic should be fine."


Ah, those might come mighty in handy... Ronan muses and will request of Vheld. "Yes, Vheld, I seem to recall being stuck in some sort of magic, I think, restraints; something to remove that. I believe you call it dispel magic barrier. That would come in handy next time. The ability to travel quickly also has merit, such as your flying eagle magic. And though I am no slough, some form of protective barrier, Invincible Armor I think you called it in your description. Just something to provide me a buffer in dire straights." He pauses and then adds finally "Oh, and that magic good sir Will used on us, Chromatic Protection? That one would be excellent as well. I am not used to what these things are, and came in with little more than what I am wearing. So, if you have any spare materials, or a place where I can acquire them, for these talismans, I would appreciate that. I am also willing to come with and at least stand guard, with what I've seen recently, I wouldn't feel safe even in the core of the fleet." Ronan requests of Vheld.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Wakiza » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 44 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 68

Conditions: Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee); Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry) Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle); Combat Acrobatics. Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Vheld wrote:Vheld pauses, thinking for a moment, then shakes his head. ”The scales needed to be balanced. Consider it recompense- a life for the life Minerva’s carelessness snuffed out back at the village. Say no more on the subject, and I shall consider the debt hers to repay.” As Wakiza brandishes his cross, Vheld inspects it carefully before nodding. ”Assuming that is real silver and not painted iron or some sort of plastic imitation, then yes, that will suffice.”

Wak grimaces for a split second, She snuffed the life for that innocent villager without a second thought. However, he realizes the simplistic truth of Vheld's request, so he nods and says "Agreed." It is the least I can do after he brought Will back. After Vheld looks at the cross, "Well if it is possible then I would appreciate that powerful armor spell those necros' were using. I will leave to your studies."

Wak spends all the time he can studying within his own mind while meditating. (+28 isp) Once they are back at Stormspire, he looks at Jack and John, "So how did the new guys perform?" To Wolf, "Yea will see if we can pick you up some TW pistols while we are here. I might pick one up myself."

To the group, "Anyone find out who we need to talk to here?"
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 43/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 76 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Jack Killian » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:19 pm

Perception: 79% 1d100 = 23
JIC: 1d100 = 81 / 1d100 = 32

Meadow Group
Condition
Comments
OOC Comments
On a Ley Line
  • Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific up to the description of power.
  • Damage is increased by 1 additional die.


I.S.P. Recovery - spent I.S.P. is regained at the rate of 2 points per hour of activity, or 12 per hour of meditation or sleep. 7 ½ X 12=90 + 3x2=6?

Jack wakes up when Minerva moves and hands her the beverage, No I can’t believe that, I would like to learn more of this, especially with such a lovely instructor as you. No on second thought only with you. Jack smiles.

He watches her as she dresses. As she leaves, he gets up and dresses too and heads down stairs too.

He is glad to see Will but is upset that Will died! “Will I’m glad you got better" After a pause, “I need to get a ride and some magic weapons , Seemed like that was the only thing that could harm some of those creatures.”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Rocky » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:52 pm

Perception: 65%1d100 = 65
JIC d20: 1d20 = 10
JIC d100: 1d100 = 60

Lexington Group
Conditions

OOC Comments
Crystal Armor 30 MDC +
Natural Ability
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% 1d100 = 77

• Range: 170’ To pinpoint location of a presence
• Duration: Constant
• Automatically sense all presences



Rocky arrives at the conference table and gets a room where he meditates to get his ISP back A few hours later he heads down to the lobby to meet the others.

He is upset that Felix and Daphane are gone, “That isn’t like them?” lost more people this might be the beginning of the end of Mars? “Saul, I got your back and we have Zion too.”

He hears the others talking about the need of Magic and he speaks up, “Yea, I think we will need more weapons, of the magical nature.”
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:06 am

ROLLS HELD

Post -
Seymour sits in his quiet corner and thinks about Vheld’s offer. ” I have seen him do some shit. I am not a mage so I have no idea what the names of these spell things are. But if I explain what I am looking for maybe he will know.’ He gets up and approaches Vheld. Seeing the small group gathered, Seymour decides to wait a moment. ” He also mentioned using an item as a focus or something. I will again ask Vheld about specifics on that.”

When he sees an opening in the conversation, Seymour waves his hand at Vheld hoping to get his attention. Moving to within speaking range, but politely apart, Seymour fidgets with his tail. It is apparent to all that Seymour is both respectively scared and in awe of Vheld. ” I was thinking about your offer. I have questions. *Pulls out notepad and pen* First, as a muggle, I don't know much about magic. So I will describe what I am looking for, maybe you can assist with the name of the spell? Second, The item needed? Size limit? Can it be anything, not iron or plastic will work?” He will wait for a response with a pen poised.

After a quick game of 20 questions, Seymour finally makes a decision. ” Alright. Let's see if I got this. I would like something to help my reading of stuff… You suggested “Eyes of Thoth”, I believe? Okay, that is number 1. I will use a cheap pair of reading glasses as the focus. Next, Protection. “Invincible Armor” has a nice ring to it. For that, I can use a keychain. Lastly, and this is where I need your help once more. From your descriptions, 3 spells sound good. “Mask of Deceit”, “Tongues”, “Charismatic Aura.” Which do you suggest?” Seymour takes a breath and tries to remain calm. ” I hope that didn't come out as demanding.” He will sit and await an answer.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:41 am

Lahz wrote:Perception [42%]: Original post: 1d100 = 16 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 93

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Annoyed/Frustrated] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days), N-F50A Force Field [---/160]

ISP: [-56] 165/221
Telemechanics [99%]: Original post: 1d100 = 53




STORMSPIRE

Lahz looks blithely over at Seymour, "If you are not planning on Leaving, then don't hand back my loaned Forcefield. We still have things that are shooting at us on a regular basis and you still have not purchased anything else. The rest of the gear isn't loaned, you are buying that and are paying for it later. Your tab is around ... 150k, Ronan around 250k ... but unless you are planning on taking off, settling up is something we should handle back in Merctown."

"Prior Purchases"
Merctown_Purchases post ... viewtopic.php?p=1367165#p1367165 / viewtopic.php?p=1366930#p1366930
[1] Armored Flight Suit, Black [MercOps Pg 109, (20,000 Credits)
[2] Floater Camera [NG2, Pg 92, (35,000 credits)*2 = 70,000 Credits)
[1] Drone Command Gauntlet [NG2, Pg 245 (5,000 credits)]
[1] NE-RV01 Ripper Vibro-Knife, Uncommon [p.24, DB8, 10,000 Credits]
[2] NG Bushman Trooper (Common) [NG2 Pg 55, (46,000 Credits)*2 = 92,000 Credits]
[1] Bandit IP-10 Ion Pistol (Common availability in Black Market outlets, uncommon availability across North America)(p.173, WB14, (12,000 credits)

[1] NG Mega-Juicer Combat EBA (Uncommon) [NG2 Pg 57, 65,000 Credits]
[1] WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun (Uncommon) (MercOps Pg 100, 110,000 Credits)
[12] Heavy Ramjet 200 round belt (Uncommon availability) [(3,000 credits)*10 = 36,000 Credits)
[1] Lightblade (TW, Not sure of Availability) [RUE Pg 137, (20,000 credits)]
[1] Armored Flight Suit, Black [MercOps Pg 109, (20,000 Credits)


The Psi-Tech looks up at John's comment about his father with a bemused if resigned nod, "Oh yeah he's a real charmer. Thinks he's all grit mostly full of something that rhymes with it. You think humans get cranky around 80 years old? He's like 500 years old ... he would date back to before your Dark Ages, but he was born elsewhere. There were some good early years growing up though ... miss those."

With the approach of Ronan, Lahz takes back his knife and nods at the soldier's report regarding his gear status, "Ok, no new armor, that's fine. You still have your radio-comm?" He re-sheathes the blade at his hip, a final backup he never wants to need.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Ronan » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:47 am

Ronan Rolls Held wrote:JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 18 / Original post: 1d20 = 4
Perception [33%]: Original post: 1d100 = 15
Detect Ambush [59%]: Original post: 1d100 = 13 (Not comfortable in this environment, looking for probably or likely ambush spots.)


Basic Electronics [49%]: 1d100 = 4 (Crit Success)(Understand the basics of the functionality of the helmet)

Lahz wrote:"Ok, no new armor, that's fine. You still have your radio-comm?"


Ronan nods and holds the helmet. "The helmet is intact, though it shut off when the armor was destroyed. Might need a new power source. I'm sorry, this tech is completely alien to me so I can't say much else on its status. If it could be rigged to function without the power source on the chest piece, maybe even operate its HUD. " Ronan responds in query, while looking at the interior of the helmet to try to make sense of it's workings beyond a purely user-understanding. An extra cover for my eyes beyond these goggles is nice, this planet gets mighty bright in the day. He muses
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Mierin » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 42 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 36


Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Sustain – duration: 20 days

Mierin is glad when their last target is eliminated and nods in satisfaction as she puts Malice back in her shoulder scabbard. She also acknowledges Pebbles comment with a nod and leaves him to his foolish desire to open the sarcophagi. He is such a moron. Mierin thinks to herself. She's glad it's stopped raining as they head back to Stormspire. The last thing I need is to get hit by lightning.

Oncce they arrived, Mierin checks in and heads to her room. Even though she doesn't need to sleep much thanks to Vheld's Sustain spell, there's little to do at o'dark o'clock in the morning, so Mierin takes a quick cat nap out of habit. When that's done, she gets cleaned up and heads to the meeting of all the groups. She is glad to see all of the Spook Squad seems to be in good shape and joins them for the meeting.

"Target eliminated?" She then asks the same of Mierin.


Mierin nods at Minerva and replies, ”Naturally.” Her tone of voice, while not mocking, suggests this should have been a foregone conclusion.

The news that Will had apparently died and Vheld had brought him back gets a small reaction from Mierin in the form of a raised eyebrow as she appraises Will and glances at Vheld for a brief second. Very interesting. Mierin thinks to herself. Since she has no healing abilities, Mierin doesn't join the voices offering to heal Will. It's not like she could much more than slap a band-aid on his wound and since he wasn't bleeding, it wouldn't be that helpful. Mierin simply addresses Vheld's offer for a spell on a talisman, and says, ”I'll try to find something you can use once we can go shopping – Invincible armour will be very handy. I doubt this mission is going to get any easier as we progress and you can never have too much armour.” Mierin will also take one of the light blades offered by Lahz and asks him, ”Is there a place I can get silver ammunition? Or failing that, a non laser rifle? Malice worked out fine, but I'd rather not rely on the sword exclusively.”
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies

Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Lahz » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:53 pm

Rolls Carried Forward

Ronan wrote:Ronan nods and holds the helmet. "The helmet is intact, though it shut off when the armor was destroyed. Might need a new power source. I'm sorry, this tech is completely alien to me so I can't say much else on its status. If it could be rigged to function without the power source on the chest piece, maybe even operate its HUD. " Ronan responds in query, while looking at the interior of the helmet to try to make sense of it's workings beyond a purely user-understanding. An extra cover for my eyes beyond these goggles is nice, this planet gets mighty bright in the day. He muses


"Agreed. Should be pretty easy to drop a power source in and put further polarization on the helmet. Might have to wait until after we finish out this mission, but if you remain with the Spooks I can handle that for you."

Mierin wrote:... Mierin will also take one of the light blades offered by Lahz and asks him, ”Is there a place I can get silver ammunition? Or failing that, a non laser rifle? Malice worked out fine, but I'd rather not rely on the sword exclusively.”


Lahz chuckles at Queen, "Come sun-up, it's supposed to be pretty easy to shop around this place. I can keep an eye out for silver rounds but I might have to tap your travelling funds if they don't have a bank handy. We will have to check with the concierge."

*Having a damn magic knife at my hip will not help worth a tinker's damn if I cannot use it on something until it peels my Marauder off around me. I need to strongly consider getting a magic weapon for external use by the Marauder, or convert one of the built-in systems.*
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Zed » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:39 am

Perception: 23% | 1d100 = 66
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 64

STORMSPIRE

Conditions:
Energy Sphere: 300ppe approx 4 days

Post:
The High Magus remains in his quarters, thinking of more things he can do to prepare for any upcoming fight(s)/mission(s). Thinking back on the last skirmish with the undead wraiths and an irritatingly powerful necromancer, causes him more than a little frustration. He brainstorms quietly of things that he can do to be better prepared next go around.


"Maybe summoning some help would be good?"

Zed keys his radio speaking clear and succinct into it with the group:

"Hey all, two questions: One, are there any natural predators you can think of that fight undead, and/or mages. BREAK. And two does any one have need of- BREAK" He pauses trying to find an appropriate way to phrase it, "... napalm grenades?"


Skills:
Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 55% | 1d100 = 65 To think of a monster that is good or a natural predator to the undead, or mages.
Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 55% | 1d100 = 44 To think of a monster that is good or a natural predator to the undead, or mages.
Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 55% | 1d100 = 98 To think of a monster that is good or a natural predator to the undead, or mages.

Contingencies:
If a meeting is called Zed will leave most of his gear in his room except for his drone and back pack.
Zed will pay for another two days as well if they are staying for awhile
Zed will head out to shop for things as well if time permits [ooc: will be requested at the mall when/if appropriate]
P.P.E.: 177|30 +3d6/lvl
S.D.C.: 45|45
H.P.: 20|20 +1d6/lvl


Special Abilities
1. One with the body: -50% fatigue rate, hold breath for 3 minutes, +5% to balance
2. One with the mind: alert and able to stay focused even when all hell is breaking loose around him
3. One with Magic: comprehensive understanding of the principles of magic and is especially well versed in ritual magic and power spells
4. Pilot Automaton. [All, but prefers the Colossus]
5. May Draw P.P.E. from ley lines, nexus points, people, and ritual blood sacrifice the same as a Ley Line Walker
6. Link with the Lords of Magic: can draw upon the P.P.E. reserves of the three Lords of Magic to create magic weapons via the Enchant Weapons (minor) spell, at 50% P.P.E. cost to The Three; alerts The Three when a High Mage is killed
7. Automaton Creation & Bonding Rituals: knows the secrets of creating Automatons and the bonding ritual that gives the Controllers their unique union with the magical constructs


Zed aka Daelur Ezekiel Zenth
User avatar
Zed
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Ronan » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:41 pm

[Rolls Held]

Lahz wrote:"Might have to wait until after we finish out this mission, but if you remain with the Spooks I can handle that for you."


Ronan nods. Yes, Vheld did mention speaking to Lahz about it, may as well bring it up while we're all here. He thinks to himself before saying. "Yes, I spoke briefly about it with Vheld during our assault on the Temple. I'll stay on with your crew after this crisis is over; at least for now. Ultimately, returning home is my goal, but more on that later. For now, a spare radio piece might be needed if the helmet won't function without a power source." Ronan finishes then scoffs. "I feel like a damn pariah being without even the most basic of equipment here. Caught with my pants down..." He glances at his tattered armor and jump suit, "...Literally."

Pausing, he'll glance around then back to Lahz and shrug. May as well show them now. He sighs and adds "Apparently, when I traveled here, my body acclimated to the environment and one of my abilities changed. I can now do this." Ronan states and will activate his silver armor, encasing his entire body in a silver layer as he speaks again. "And this." He forms a sword in his right hand out of silver before letting all of it vanish as though it were never there. "Sorta just happened mid incursion on the temple. Still getting used to it but so far, it has proven extremely efficient. Vheld can attest to it." Ronan finishes and will then pause for any comments Lahz, or the others, may have.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Augur » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:14 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 0400
Environmental Effects: 70°, night time/dark
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Stormspire

Order of Battle
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Zed (Roughnecks; walking)
Zion (MARS)


Lahz finds no electronic bugs in the conference room, but does find Minerva's armor in need of repair, so he whips out his UEMC and gets it fixed up in a jiffy. He then asks the gal who ushered them into the room, "Is there a Bank in this town? Any maps of town available for sale? Or is there anyone you recommend to handle repairs and TW alterations?"

She responds dryly, "Yeah, all those things are here, hon, but nothing's open at this hour but hotels and the worst kinds of bars."

What John knows about the Nemans is what any ten year old village child might know. They were the technological defenders of mankind during the darkest days of the dark age, and no one knows why they vanished or when. In the Coalition States, those who are educated learn that the Nemans never vanished at all. They simply changed into the Coalition States after a long transition period culminating in the Prosek family regime.

Zion notes the terrible shape Will is in, and begins an extensive healing session with him.

Zed arrives with a question bouncing around in his head, but his question is too vaguely defined for his mind to formulate a clear and simple answer. (Waiting until the day before the GM post to ask the group a question is a poor strategy to get good results.)

Around the room all the other members from the assembled three merc squads chatter about Stormspire, technology issues, the adversaries they faced, discuss Will's death and resurrection, and swap stories about their recent experiences since splitting up.

A voice cuts through the chatter of the assembled mercs. "Our intelligence was wrong."

Finn D'Gemmel strides through the conference room door. He's flanked by a half dozen men and women wearing the same flowing purople and grey attire as Finn. All look strong, confident, and competent. "The Harvesters rituals--the ones you stopped--they were not rituals intended to summon Nxla, but to strengthen him upon his arrival. The psychic flash which so many of us experienced days ago...that was the result of the summoning ritual succeeding."

Finn lets this sink for a moment before continuing. "We've received word from scouting elements from both Psyscape and the City of Brass that there is a very large gathering on Black Mountain, in the far Southeastern corner of Soulharvest, of Harvester forces. They were able to send a single image and a desperate call for help before contact was broken. There were scores of undead everywhere." Finn pushes past Wakiza and John, pulls out a holographic projector, sets the projector on the table, and displays the holographic image over the conference table which dominates the center of the room.
Image
"Our timeline was right, Nxla's arriving this very morning. It was just the purpose of the rituals of which we were in error. Those scouts also reported one other thing of import: the Harvesters have a Blood Pillar. Dunscon's minion, Lily, was able to identify it by the scout's description. She thinks they're using it as a focal point of some sort for bringing Nxla to our world. It should be located somewhere on the mountain peak judging by what she said, and likely very well guarded. This is likely related to the rumors of a band demons operating in the magic zone, though the nature of their involvement must remain a mystery." Finn's face falls.
Anyone scanning surface thoughts or able to read the Elf...
There are so many arguments to be made by these men and women. Many of them justifiable complaints regarding the lack of foresight or perhaps even incompetence of Psyscape's great leaders. But none of that matters now. We do what we must when necessity deems it so.

Finn looks and back up as one of his companions rests a hand on his shoulder encouragingly. His face hardens into a mask of determination. "We haven't time to lose. Black Mountain is almost exactly 300 miles from here. If we arrive piecemeal, we will be destroyed piecemeal. We must all arrive at relatively the same time in order to overwhelm these devils and cut Nxla's connection to this world before he can arrive."

He steps up onto a chair and looks around the faces of all those assembled and takes in their faces one by one. "I don't know many of you, and no one has any right to ask this of any of you, but this situation requires absolute honesty. The Harvesters aren't stupid. They likely anticipate an attack. We'll be going into something akin to Hell on Earth, and some of us, if we're successful, will likely not survive. But if we fail, our collective deaths would be guaranteed." He ends these words with an uncharacteristically soft look in his eyes directed at his son. The steel returns to them as he raises his voice higher than ever before. "Come, let's finish the job and give these death worshippers exactly what they want, BUT ON OUR TERMS!" Finn pans the room of faces, pausing for a few moments on each, and lingering on the faces of Wakiza, Lahz, and Rocky in particular. "The squads from the True Federation, Magestar, and Psyscape will supplement you in your attack. Just let us know where you want us to strike from and we'll do everything in our power to help. You've already done so much...we'll follow you to Hell itself."



Meanwhile, on Black Mountain...

With dogged efficiency, Gailehn wipes the blade clean with a nearby rag. The sacrificed death throes are predictable, flailing against their restraints for five seconds before they become still. And now the soft bubbling gurgle marks the filling of the crimson-stained basin with the lifeblood of another. Like the timekeeping of a metronome in his head, the Harvester knows he now has half-an-hour before the next.

”An offering to power your greatness. Your servants await. Praise Nxla, Harvester of Souls.” he encants with measured routine before dipping his finger in the rivulet of blood and adding it to the tally on the pillar nearby pulsing with dark energy. As the third of five elders, Gailehn knows that they are on track to meet their quota. But worry etches deep lines on his face as he traverses the cold dark passageway leading outside. His soft footsteps echo against the hard sandstone walls and the undead horde shuffling along with their respective tasks or preparations part in his presence.

Cold air greets him as he finishes the ascension to the mouth of the cave. The pungent smell of decay and rot cause his nostrils to flare in satisfaction. ”No activity from the scouts.” a hooded Harvester reports without prompting. Gailehn nods slightly and surveys their surroundings.

Nestled atop the mountain, having repurposed a long abandoned coal mine, the fruits of their labor were ever present. A massive ring of blight had spread nearly a mile out causing all the vegetation to die and decompose. Verdant trees that had dotted the landscape now reached skyward with their leafless branches like decrepit clawed hands in eternal anguish. If their base had been closer to civilization, certainly someone would have noticed the change. But they chose their location well and were able to harvest the small communities nearby without alerting any of the greater powers of the continent. Though some of the other elders had argued for a more rapid expansion, it was his voice that won out. And their slow but methodical growth had yielded the successful ritual of summoning. It would not be long now.

Gailehn inhales slowly, pride filling his chest for a brief moment. He will be amply rewarded for bringing this reality to bear. The elders especially, will impose their will upon the remnants of this rich world once Nxla has consumed its share. They will be the kings among men in the cruel new order.

Reaching into his robes, Gailehn produces an eyeball, magically preserved and unblinking in its gaze. ”What do you think of that, father,” he snarls, elevating the eye so that he can stare it down. ”Not a worthless ink-fetching piss-ant anymore. I will be a KING!” The elder pauses a moment, his raised voice echoing through the valley below. ”I am here. You are not.” he continues, addressing the eyeball, ”My magic is stronger than yours. And soon, Nxla will grant me even more power.”

Silence fills the air as Gailehn continues to stare at the eyeball. Doubt returns and his own words haunt his mind. Worry and dread extinguish his pride in an instant. Will Nxla reward my success? Or will I be punished for the failures. None of the strengthening rituals succeeded. Those pesky mercenaries. We should have been better prepared. We are getting better prepared now. Gailehn’s gaze turns back toward the cave and he mentally goes through the checklist of defensive preparations. We won’t be surprised again.

Staying busy with work keeps Gailehn segregated from his emotions and is where he is most productive. He is about to head back underground when he spots the tiniest shift in coloration on the horizon. The twilight of night giving way to the return of daylight. Deciding to savor the moment, Gailehn watches the lightening hue grow for a few minutes. ”It will not be long now.” He states with elation before striding back inside.


Continue posting here.


GM NOTES:

The big question: how do you travel the 300 miles?

  • Spook Squad: on which edge (East, South, West) of the map is your group arriving?
    • On which edge of the map should the Psyscape squad arrive?
  • Roughnecks: on which edge (East, South, West) of the map is your group arriving?
    • On which edge of the map should the True Federation squad arrive?
  • MARS: on which edge (East, South, West) of the map is your group arriving?
    • On which edge of the map should the Magestar squad arrive?


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Jack Killian: -119 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-18 shots, Enhanced Perception; Psychic Body Field: 70/-61
John Altfeld: -195 M.D.
Lahz: (Sustain active), -56 I.S.P.
Marauder PA: Mini-Missiles: EMPTY; LPC: 240 shots/-44 shots; WI-GL8: -33 silver shots; N-F50A Force Field: popped; 1 Secondary Optics/Camera destroyed
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Minerva: -75 I.S.P.; 35/35 M.D. Psionic Crystal Armor ; Psionic Force Field: 70/ ; Hyper-TK activated at 2030.5 (12 mins)
NE-ATRV:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Rocky: -50 I.S.P.; Intangible, Shadow Meld, Enhanced Reflexes; Thundergun: 6/-6 shots;
Ronan: Mega-Juicer Combat EBA & Armored Flight Suit: DESTROYED; -22 personal M.D.
Saul: -26 P.P.E.; Wings: Fly as the Eagle @1930 (60 mins); Shadow Meld @2020 (10 mins); Sixth Sense active; -30 M.D.
Seymour:
Silhouette:
Slithn:
Sshir: -36 M.D.C.
Vheld: P.P.E. tracked in sig-line; -2 charges/invincible armor talisman; -16 S.D.C.
Wakiza: -100 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; EBA FF popped, -24 from P.P.E. Battery
William Summers: Lifeward on NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor;
Wolf Whitaker: .44 Mag: 6/-1 shot; NE-6SL: 6/-5 shots;
Zed: 177 P.P.E.; Energy Sphere: 300 P.P.E.
Zion: -80 ISP
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5383
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Previous

Return to Spook Squad/Roughnecks/MARS Joint Adventure (19 PCs)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest