The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

The Spook Squad & the Roughnecks team up to tackle a dangerous, high stakes mission in the Federation of Magic.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Augur » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:29 am

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 0400
Environmental Effects: 70°, night time/dark
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Stormspire

Order of Battle
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Zed (Roughnecks; walking)
Zion (MARS)

Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Jack Killian: -119 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-18 shots, Enhanced Perception; Psychic Body Field: 70/-61
John Altfeld: -195 M.D.
Lahz: (Sustain active), -56 I.S.P.
Marauder PA: Mini-Missiles: EMPTY; LPC: 240 shots/-44 shots; WI-GL8: -33 silver shots; N-F50A Force Field: popped; 1 Secondary Optics/Camera destroyed
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Minerva: -75 I.S.P.; 35/35 M.D. Psionic Crystal Armor ; Psionic Force Field: 70/ ; Hyper-TK activated at 2030.5 (12 mins)
NE-ATRV:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Rocky: -50 I.S.P.; Intangible, Shadow Meld, Enhanced Reflexes; Thundergun: 6/-6 shots;
Ronan: Mega-Juicer Combat EBA & Armored Flight Suit: DESTROYED; -22 personal M.D.
Saul: -26 P.P.E.; Wings: Fly as the Eagle @1930 (60 mins); Shadow Meld @2020 (10 mins); Sixth Sense active; -30 M.D.
Seymour:
Silhouette:
Slithn:
Sshir: -36 M.D.C.
Vheld: P.P.E. tracked in sig-line; -2 charges/invincible armor talisman; -16 S.D.C.
Wakiza: -100 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; EBA FF popped, -24 from P.P.E. Battery
William Summers: Lifeward on NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor;
Wolf Whitaker: .44 Mag: 6/-1 shot; NE-6SL: 6/-5 shots;
Zed: 177 P.P.E.; Energy Sphere: 300 P.P.E.
Zion: -80 ISP
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5690
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:51 am

Perception: 1d100 = 94/24%
JIC: 1d20 = 20;1d100 = 25


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 10 (When threatening or being attacked)



Wolf's slow, methodical, loud clapping breaks the silence following Finn's speech. What are you doing?... Wolf ignores the voice in his head for the time being. "Well...I'm down right inspired. Don't get me wrong it was a great speech. But I have to wonder...what or who was it for? We are already committed to seeing this job through. So why the speech? It was heavy on gusto but light on facts. These others here, are they the leaders of these other groups you mentioned? If not then how can you ensure support for the fight with out the leaders present. Also you say we 'Haven't the time to lose' I believe is what you said. So...What does that mean? You obviously have some kind of idea on how important this is, so why not give everyone some kind of tangible time line? Or is this more bad information? Some of us literally just got here, one of ours died and came back. And these small fights highlighted a serious flaw in our strategy. Our conventional weapons and thinking will not win us the day. I understand short time lines. I've been on them myself. But you can not expect us to jump into a fight of this magnitude knowingly unprepared. That is simply asking for people to die without reason. Don't get me wrong this has death written on it six ways from Sunday, and that has never stopped me before. What does give me pause is our lack of effectiveness against our enemy." Wolf will look directly at Finn, "Do we have the time to acquire at least marginally effective gear for this fight? You are the one with the time frame in your head. So share it with the rest of us."
Wolf will let that question stew,Hey! WTF? You make good points but you might be being a little aggressive here. Hey. HEY!!, for a moment before continuing on, "You want three groups to follow our three groups into a battle. That is fair but you have not given us any information on their capabilities or numbers. How do you expect us to know the best use for these groups without their basic information. Who is our point of contact for these groups, where are they, what are their capabilities? So maybe instead of giving us speeches you give us useful information next time." Wolf's last sentence is almost growled rather then spoken.

Wolf moves back over to Waz and lowers his voice, "Sorry, boss. I hope that wasn't our employer. But we needed more info. And we needed to get his head out of the clouds. Anyway I'm with you all the way. Oh do we have a way to move 300 miles quickly? I'm assuming a rift would be the best way right?"

Are you done ignoring me now?...Yes. Sorry I could have you distracting me from what I was doing. Needed a clear thought process to get that all out...I get it. And I don't disagree with what you said. Might not make you friends but hopefully the information will keep us alive for the time being...at least until the first shots. That image had so many undead. Four. Only have four silver bullets left. After that i may as well be using a rubber band gun...Indeed. Lets see what comes of this.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Vheld » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:38 am

JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 36
PER: 1d100 = 60 vs. 76%

Vheld stares balefully at Finn, his mind working furiously. I am in no position to battle one such as Nxla right now. Aloud, he merely says "What do you think they are doing there, and how long do we have to prepare?" After a moment's thought, he adds "And how many of your mages are able to assist me with some spellcasting?"
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Talismans: 2/3 on Vheld IA; 2/3 on Sil IA and FatE; 2/3 on Sshir, IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Ronan » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:12 am

JiC: 1d100 = 4 / 1d20 = 15
Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 33

Recognize Weapon Quality [44%]: 1d100 = 3(Crit Success) (KLS Ammunition)

Ronan listens silently. Hell on Earth. Earth. Well, if not all of us survive, what better way to die than against such a foe. I don't hold a candle to many of the abilities of my fellows here, and I'm sure if my team were here, we'd be a welcomed ally; especially Miranda and John. I may be seeing you in the afterlife soon it seems. He thinks to himself and sighs deeply at the table as he shifts. His KLS resting in his lap, he glances down at it while they continue talking. If my damn pod hadn't been destroyed, I'd have more than 10 rounds for this beauty. Wait. He pauses and releases the mag from the KLS and unloads a single round from the magazine and places it on the table, standing up, then waits for a pause in conversation before speaking to the locals.

"I have a question; do you know of a skilled arms-maker nearby that either can fashion some more of these rounds in a timely manner, or has some on stock? This is a KLS RG-15X Electromagnetic Rail-gun that uses specialized Helical magazines and APDS rounds. I'm not worried about another magazine right now, but having some spare ammunition would be extremely useful; if any gun-jockeys want an explanation why, I'll explain but to avoid boring the rest of you, not at the table. I had several spare mags and ammunition boxes, but unfortunately most of my equipment was destroyed when I arrived here; I'm lucky the KLS survived." Ronan states, nodding his head to the round on the table.

OOC: Please update the Bill of Damages to show no damage to personal M.D.C. -- Ronan regens 1d4*10 every minute naturally
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe | Venenifer
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Augur » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:48 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 0405
Environmental Effects: 70°, night time/dark
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Stormspire

Order of Battle
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Zed (Roughnecks; walking)
Zion (MARS)

Wolf's slow, methodical, loud clapping breaks the silence following Finn's speech. He then attempts to begin on a long, insulting tirade, but Finn cuts him off with a murderous glare. A psi-sword manifests in the hands of a pair of his fellows behind him, but Finn holds up a hand which belays any violence. The psi-swords vanish. He immediately pans the room and points to the most experienced members of the three crews. He points to Rocky, William, Wakiza, Mierin, his son, and Vheld "You six. You're not children toying with the end of the world, but clearly some of your men are. Join me in the anteroom. I'll share what intelligence I have with you while the rabble learn some manners." He steps down from the table, and strides into an anteroom attached to the conference room motioning for the door to be closed behind them.

Moments later, on the other side of the room, the doors to the conference room bang open. A bald, dark-skinned man with a long, heavy beard, and tree-trunk like chest with limbs to match stands between the doors. He is wearing a simple brown tunic and sandals. His eyes are very nearly wild. His teeth are like a military cemetary. He calls out, "Where is the vengeful sword of Tyrin? Where is the cyber-knight bent and twisted by war?" His hair is even more disheveled than the rest of him, and his brown tunic is stained and torn in many places.

In the Anteroom (Rocky, William, Wakiza, Mierin, Lahz, Vheld)
Vheld wrote:"What do you think they are doing there, and how long do we have to prepare?" After a moment's thought, he adds "And how many of your mages are able to assist me with some spellcasting?"

Finn replies bluntly. "I have no mages, but the group from Magestar should be arriving any time now. They are all mages. I assume you mean to travel by rift then? Sound thinking. I'm not sure we have other means to reach the mountain by dawn." He then backtracks a moment, "I think they're preparing for Nxla's arrival. Doubtless that's what the Blood Pillar is for. No doubt they're butchering innocents even as we speak as well...to strengthen him prior to his arrival. One of the grey seers reached across time and space with his mind and told me only a short while ago that dawn is to mark his arrival." He consults the clock hanging upon the anteroom wall. "That gives us about three hours to get there and stop them...somehow." Lahz sees dark circles and a tightness around his father's eyes as he's never seen before. If Lahz didn't know any better, he'd think his father was holding back a wave of overwhelming dread through sheer force of will.

Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Jack Killian: -119 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-18 shots, Enhanced Perception; Psychic Body Field: 70/-61
John Altfeld: -195 M.D.
Lahz: (Sustain active), -56 I.S.P.
Marauder PA: Mini-Missiles: EMPTY; LPC: 240 shots/-44 shots; WI-GL8: -33 silver shots; N-F50A Force Field: popped; 1 Secondary Optics/Camera destroyed
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Minerva: -75 I.S.P.; 35/35 M.D. Psionic Crystal Armor ; Psionic Force Field: 70/ ; Hyper-TK activated at 2030.5 (12 mins)
NE-ATRV:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Rocky: -50 I.S.P.; Intangible, Shadow Meld, Enhanced Reflexes; Thundergun: 6/-6 shots;
Ronan: Mega-Juicer Combat EBA & Armored Flight Suit: DESTROYED; -22 personal M.D.
Saul: -26 P.P.E.; Wings: Fly as the Eagle @1930 (60 mins); Shadow Meld @2020 (10 mins); Sixth Sense active; -30 M.D.
Seymour:
Silhouette:
Slithn:
Sshir: -36 M.D.C.
Vheld: P.P.E. tracked in sig-line; -2 charges/invincible armor talisman; -16 S.D.C.
Wakiza: -100 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; EBA FF popped, -24 from P.P.E. Battery
William Summers: Lifeward on NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor;
Wolf Whitaker: .44 Mag: 6/-1 shot; NE-6SL: 6/-5 shots;
Zed: 177 P.P.E.; Energy Sphere: 300 P.P.E.
Zion: -80 ISP
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5690
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Wakiza » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 97 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 57

Conditions:
-Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee);
-Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry)
-Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle);
-Combat Acrobatics.
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Lovely, another quick turn around and I've spent most of my psychic reserves. As it gets heated Wak just steps between Wolf and Finn, giving a hard look at the ones who dared to lite up their psi-swords at allies. I didn't even do that to Minerva and she slaughtered an innocent. Spirits, gotta let that go. Besides there are only handful of psi-sword wielders I'd be cautious to cross blades with and two of them live, or used to live, in Merctown. A damn elf and a giant alien looking cyber knight I heard about a few years ago. Wak nods to Wolf, "Don't worry, we are all a little worked up as we lost a man and almost lost another. Especially when our time could have been better spent elsewhere. Go take a breather."

An extremely crazy looking man is looking for him. "Well, bent and twisted may be a tad harsh, but I am the only knight here. I am Sir Wakiza Blackhoof." EDIT: Timing is off. As per the post Wakiza is already in the conference room before the "wild man" arrives.

In the next room, "Well first thing, do you have any pull here to get some stores open? Several of the younger warriors need to pick up some additional gear. They found their tech to not be as useful as expected. We need everyone geared and ready for this scrap. Next, weaknesses, what do you know? What works best and what doesn't work at all. You have any idea the numbers we face? So far we have run into necromancers, using very effective spells, blood humanoids, skeletons, zombies and what looks like juicer zombies. Seems like most took magic to destroy. We need better intel and a plan this time." Wak looks at Fin expecting some answers.
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 219/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 76 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Lahz » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:43 pm

OOC: Lahz should be +40 ISP (so -16)

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 68 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: 1d100 = 99

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious/Annoyed/Worried] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder PA, Sustain (19 Days)

ISP: 165/221
Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 48




The Psi-Tech is conducting a mental catalogue of the condition of his Marauder when his father interrupts to offer his entreaty for the assembled to throw themselves into the breach between a would-be-God-Intelligence and all of the rest of the world without taking any time to arm themselves for the task and shakes his head slowly in consternation, *I see, that it would have been a massive imposition for you to pick up a radio and give ANYONE a heads-up last night when you knew I had arrived in town. Instead I have 1½ clips of silver ammunition for a short range sidearm, and a Mace ... I am missing all missiles, have 3 hours left on recharge of the Forcefield, and am down 1 Robotic bodyguard ... what the?!? ...* the 'slow-clap' of the MARS gunslinger interrupts Lahz's own fuming and he nearly walks over to slap the man as he reflexively feels the desire to defend Finn, *Which is of course ironic since my own thoughts were not far off. I just have manners. I may have to reprogram his robotic horse to skip ... but he's not wrong that cryptic shit is getting old.*

**

Lahz walks out into the antechamber for a meeting of the Merctown leaders and Finn, "All due respect, the lackwit cowboy is not wrong. You have met Lily, great. Where is she? Where is their Dragon? What reinforcements are they bringing from Dunscon? Dragons can teleport right? ... We have a Magus from Dweomer here (Will), can their Dragon get him there to summon his fellows to battle? Psyscape has been preparing for this fight for over a Century, if our team opens a portal there, can you have troops and gear brought through? If a ritual summoning Nxla has already succeeded, then what makes you think arriving there at Dawn will do anything but make us his first victims on the Planet? I ask because charging to be there without adequate weaponry or forces, sounds an awful lot like the scenario where we all die pointlessly. Have your people already made contact with Stormspire? I do not care if they are charging for their goods, but opening their doors early so we can buy up stock to go handle a God-thing that is planning on eating the bulk of their customer-base seems a small thing to ask ... and can someone tell me what a Blood Pillar is and why we care that they have one?"

If Finn has no connection or ability, Lahz shrugs, "Fine, Deuce and I will head there now. I will radio if they open up."

"Shopping"
In Stormspire, Lahz is looking for:
[20] Nexus Grenade [20,000 Credits Each, MercOps Pg 150] = 400,000
[40] Beehive Grenade [6,000 Credits Each, MercOps Pg 150] = 240,000
[10] Goblin Bomb (Grenade) Carpet of Adhesion [16,000 Credits Each, BoM Pg 329] = 160,000
[2] Telekinetic (TK) Rifle [75,000 Credits Each, BoM Pg 327] = 150,000

Per Federation of Magic (Pg 122), it appears Stormspire also manufactures a vehicle called a Ley Line Streaker which can be armed with "a rack of six conventional mini-missiles".
On that basis, Lahz would like to purchase a loadout of Mini-Missiles
[20] High Explosive Mini Missiles [1200 Credits Each, RUE Pg 257] = 24,000



*** Contingency: Note that Lahz will not repeat questions if they've already been asked by others present. All questions are presented based on not knowing what order the discussion will proceed in.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:13 am

JIC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 77
Init: 1d20 = 20
Perc: 30% / 1d100 = 75
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 13
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 68


Conditions:


Skills Used
Computer Operation 75% / 1d100 = 99 - use computer to connect with contact
Computer Hacking 52% / 1d100 = 82 - use proper codes for BM
Surveillance -- 54% / 1d100 = 75 - make sure no one traced him

Post -
Seymour hears all the talk of shopping and if things are closed or not. ”Maybe i can try to call Merctown. I know some people.” Seymour moves to find Lahz. ’If you need me, I will be back in the ride. I am gonna try to contact some people in Merctown. Maybe they know someone here.’ He heads to the ARTV.

Once inside, he fires up his system. After a few minutes of pressing keys and typing, he manages to get a weak signal thru. ”Cmon, cmon. Almost have it. Please be there.” It has been awhile since Seymour has had to talk to Fenrick . Hopefully he answers. No sooner does that thought exit his mind, when his system tells him there is a connection. ”Ahhh.. Fenrick, my old friend. Miquel here. I need a favor.” There is a second of fuzzy inference on the screen then Fenrick’s face comes on. ’Miquel!! How are you? Anything good for me?” The face on the screen gets wrinkled up ”What do you mean “a favor”?” The question is asked with the air quotes motion.

Seymour gives his most charming smile. ’i got swept up in something big. I am with a bunch of mercs who re going after something Nxla. We need gear and most of the shops are closed here in stormspire. Please tell me you know someone?” Seymour pauses in anticipation while Fenrick answers. Fenrick holds his chin in one hand while he types something on an unseen computer. ”Okay. I will make a call, but you owe me, Miquel. Because we know each other and this is BM profit, i will not charge you for the time involved. Favor for favor, thu. Okay?”

Seymour grips the table a little harder as he replies with a simple ”Done.” Hw then waits as Fenrick cuts the line. [i]”I have no idea what i just agreed to. A favor for a favor is the BM law. I hope Lahz is good with this arrangment. Now…. do i go tell him now or wait till i hear of something open?”[i] He heads off to find a snack.

Halfway thru making a sandwich, his system beeps with an alert. Taking a moment to complete his sandwich, Seymour looks at the message. It a list of places that will open for them at this hour. Prices may be a little higher due to the hour of business. Seymour also notes an attachment. This is a list of names for Seymour to talk to in stormspire. ((BM contacts))
Seymour Ruiz
 

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Saul » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:55 am

Perception Bonus: 32% /58% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 13

JIC: 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 42

Rocky wrote:“That isn’t like them. Saul, I got your back and we have Zion too.”


Saul nods. He's keeping morale up - like a leader should. But... you can't run a mercenary company on the backs of only three soldiers. Still... at least we stopped Nxla.

"Thank you, Rocky. That means a lot."

Saul settles in as the various individuals drift back to their familiar companions, stories are exchanged, plans made, and the like. He can almost feel the satisfaction of a job well done. After all, they saved the victims, and stopped the summoning ritual.

Finn D'Gemmel wrote:"Our intelligence was wrong."


Saul's heart sinks as he hears the new information. Nxla has already been summoned. He is, at best, weakened, but still a calamitous threat. And the window to stop him is closing.

Saul turns to look at the aerial image of the location, to see the scores of undead captured by whatever aircraft snapped the photo, and his stomach turns to ice.

It's not done.

He breathes deeply, in part to steady his heart.

Finn wrote: the Harvesters have a Blood Pillar.


Lore: Magic / General Knowledge: 60% 1d100 = 19 (what do I know of Blood Pillars - SUCCESS)

Blood Pillar? That sounds familiar... dark magic no doubt, and dangerous.

As Wolf slow-claps and then barrages the speaker with questions, Saul rolls his eyes. As Finn's men activate psi-swords Saul stands, but takes no action. What madness is this? Wolf is a reckless show-off, a classic narcissist. He demonstrated as much in the warrens underneath Lexington. But to draw weapons when we face much worse is a fool's game. Are these men psychopaths? I am surrounded by madmen. When Finn calls the team leaders into another room, Saul glowers silently. Fine - now we have to get our intelligence filtered through another person. He sighs and bows his head.

These are trying times... times I fear I was not made for. Ultimately, I'm an academic at heart. It is no question I'm over my head. Yet, I cannot walk away. This Nxla poses a threat to all who love life and freedom, and all those with the power to resist should do so. That includes myself. It is as the man said:
'if we're successful, will likely not survive. But if we fail, our collective deaths would be guaranteed.'


He turns and walks over to Zion as he finishes up healing Will. "Zion, friend. How are you doing?"

As he stands by his new friend and surveys the mercenaries present, a thought occurs to him - a memory - and he cannot help but to give it voice. "The falcon cannot hear the falconer."

...And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
Last edited by Saul on Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saul
 

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby John Altfeld » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 52 / 73%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 34

Conditions: John is at +1 feet, wearing normal clothes now. John was also healed of his damage by the time he reached the hotel - see previous post two back.

John laughs as soon as Finn and the others get out of the room. "Man, I was right - Lahz's dad is a dick. Well, it sounds like there's no time to waste. I'm going to visit K'zaa, if the Commander asks when they get done in there."

John then walks out the front of the hotel and makes his way to K'zaa's tower at about 40 mph. Once there, he presents himself to the guards (if there are any) or rings the doorbell (if there aren't any guards).

When he gets someone's attention he says. "Hi, sorry to bother you so late at night, but there's a cult trying to summon a world-ending evil god in a couple hours and currently leadership from Psyscape, Dunscon's Federation and Magestar are having a planning session on how to deal with it. I think it would be great if K'zaa was aware of the potential end of everything, so if you can put me in touch with someone important, I'd appreciate it."
Last edited by John Altfeld on Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Aegis of No Retreat » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:08 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 0408
Environmental Effects: 70°, night time/dark
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Stormspire

Order of Battle
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Zed (Roughnecks; walking)
Zion (MARS)


[Everyone not inside the anteroom]
Ronan wrote:"I have a question; do you know of a skilled arms-maker nearby that either can fashion some more of these rounds in a timely manner, or has some on stock? This is a KLS RG-15X Electromagnetic Rail-gun that uses specialized Helical magazines and APDS rounds. I'm not worried about another magazine right now, but having some spare ammunition would be extremely useful; if any gun-jockeys want an explanation why, I'll explain but to avoid boring the rest of you, not at the table. I had several spare mags and ammunition boxes, but unfortunately most of my equipment was destroyed when I arrived here; I'm lucky the KLS survived." Ronan states, nodding his head to the round on the table.

”Oooh!” the eccentric Seer squeals, covering the distance via tip-toe to stand before Ronan with astonishing alacrity. ”’Silver-eyes scattered in the Wind’, asks a VERY important question…” The crazed man slowly rotates his head as he speaks to Ronan, the moniker meaning little to the others gathered. Once his face reaches an unnatural angle, the Seer lunges into what appears to be a victory pose that is a close relative to yoga’s ‘Salutation to the Sun’.

”Yes yes yes.” the Seer mumbles in staccato, ”Important ammunition. Fantastical feats yet to be realized.” Flinging his beard over his shoulder as if it would hinder his movement, the Seer proceeds to inaccurately mime (much as children would) a slow motion gun battle with explosions and grisley noises. He finishes with what is a massive chest cavity wound that sends him laying flat on his back like a limp rag doll.

”Cafe Lucca on the corner of Serpent and Bedlam. Mister Fedi Moshte. Favors brown leather jackets. His kids think it makes him look cool. Has an expresso every morning when the cafe opens at 4:30. Secretly wants a blueberry scone, but his belly and wallet won’t allow him. Former soldier. Is fond of his KLS relic, but no longer has use for the ammunition with his family of six. Not sure how much is left.” the Seer elaborates from the floor before spasming to his feet. His gaze casts about at the others (not worthy enough to join Finn inside) searching for questions he can answer.

Ammunition mechanics
If you pursue this lead, include in your post any relevant skill rolls (e.g. trust, find contraband, barter).
  • Skill failure: Fedi no longer has the ammunition.
  • Success [0-20% under]: He has 1 full magazine and 4d4 loose rounds of APDS remaining.
  • Success [21-40% under]: He has 2 full magazines and 1d4*10 loose rounds of APDS remaining.
  • Success [41-60% under]: He has 3 full magazines and 1d8*10 loose rounds of APDS remaining.
  • Success [61% or more under]: He has 4 full magazines and 2d6*10 loose rounds of APDS remaining.


Inside the Anteroom (Rocky, William, Wakiza, Mierin, Lahz, Vheld)
Wakiza wrote:"Well first thing, do you have any pull here to get some stores open? Several of the younger warriors need to pick up some additional gear. They found their tech to not be as useful as expected. We need everyone geared and ready for this scrap. Next, weaknesses, what do you know? What works best and what doesn't work at all. You have any idea the numbers we face? So far we have run into necromancers, using very effective spells, blood humanoids, skeletons, zombies and what looks like juicer zombies. Seems like most took magic to destroy. We need better intel and a plan this time." Wak looks at Fin expecting some answers.

Lahz wrote:Lahz walks out into the antechamber for a meeting of the Merctown leaders and Finn, "All due respect, the lackwit cowboy is not wrong. You have met Lily, great. Where is she? Where is their Dragon? What reinforcements are they bringing from Dunscon? Dragons can teleport right? ... We have a Magus from Dweomer here (Will), can their Dragon get him there to summon his fellows to battle? Psyscape has been preparing for this fight for over a Century, if our team opens a portal there, can you have troops and gear brought through? If a ritual summoning Nxla has already succeeded, then what makes you think arriving there at Dawn will do anything but make us his first victims on the Planet? I ask because charging to be there without adequate weaponry or forces, sounds an awful lot like the scenario where we all die pointlessly. Have your people already made contact with Stormspire? I do not care if they are charging for their goods, but opening their doors early so we can buy up stock to go handle a God-thing that is planning on eating the bulk of their customer-base seems a small thing to ask ... and can someone tell me what a Blood Pillar is and why we care that they have one?"

Wakiza and Lahz’s barrage of questions impact on the stoic demeanor of the elder elf. Once it becomes clear the two have asked their share (for now) of questions, Finn let’s out an exasperated and exhausted sigh.

”Youth,” he utters to himself as if the word fully encapsulates the folly of the entire line of questioning. But his demeanor does not shift to one of condescension, but rather calm patience. ”You assume we, the forces of Psyscape, have been doing nothing but twiddling our thumbs while your mercenary groups have been doing the heavy lifting. This is very nearly the opposite of what has transgressed. Carefully re-orient your perspective and perhaps it will make more sense. You’ve heard the stories Lahz, Psyscape has been engaged in a shadow war against this enemy throughout living memory. We have been fighting in hopes to prevent the summoning of Nxla. But like any vermin, the harder you work to exterminate, the deeper underground and hidden they become. In recent years, the Harvester’s efforts were infused with a greater level of subterfuge and intelligence became harder to obtain. As the intelligence dried up, Psyscape leadership believed the fight had been won… that is until the visions.”

Finn points in what seems to be a three random directions, but upon closer inspection correlates with the three battles fought to halt rituals, ”Your mercenary companies fought and successfully halted three rituals. Knowing that such would be a time when their forces would be spread thin, we made an incursion at Black Mountain. Did you stop and wonder why there were no enemy reinforcements? No? I didn’t think so.” Finn’s face grows solemn as he reflects on the skirmish. ”We have woefully underestimated the size of the Harvester forces. Underestimated the complexity of the catacombs that wind throughout their underground fortress beneath the Black Mountains. And underestimated the ferocity of resistance the Harvesters’ devotion would manifest on behalf of their dark overlord. That we even know about the existence of a Blood Pillar came at a cost. Not everyone successfully retreated last night when the order was given. Lahz, remember that red-haired boy, Tad, from two streets down? You and he used to play mind puzzles before your psychic trainings drew you along different paths?” Pursed lips and a shake of his head negated the need for any additional words on the matter.

”Stormspire is effectively ruled by a single individual. A lizard mage named K’zaa,” Finn explains (though likely not news to most present). ”Given the effectiveness of magic against this form of undead, Psyscape has long sought, through channels official and not, to develop an alliance or at the very least an agreement of sorts with Stormspire. We have tried to appeal to the ‘greater good’ and that if Nxla enters this realm, there may be no Stormspire to rule over. But for whatever reason, time and time again, our pleas fell on deaf ears. We suspect that in his own arrogance, K’zaa believes he will be able to somehow sidestep this undead plague or perhaps that it will lead to his economic or strategic advantage long-term. It is difficult to understand. But he is stockpiling goods and weaponry. Perhaps in preparation for the defense of his city? Perhaps so that he can mark up the profit when the demand skyrockets? I cannot say. But in response to some of our more recent efforts to recruit K’zaa’s aid, and especially the vision corresponding to the completion of the ritual, he has re-directed his manufacturing toward a heavily guarded warehouse facility near the base of his spire. Stores have had their inventory stripped, sometimes by force.” Finn sighs. ”He has been gracious enough to allow us temporary haven in his city without harassment. There is that at least.”

Turning toward Wakiza, Finn addresses some more of the cyberknight’s concerns, ”At this point, you have likely encountered some of the weaknesses of the undead. They are vulnerable to silver, magic and usually psychic weaponry. The Harvesters themselves are mortal (for now), magic wielders. So weapons affect them depending on what protective invocations they have active. If you ask about Nxla… Legends speak of a hideous tower of grotesque anatomy that is particularly vulnerable to psychic energies, but should be subject to conventional weaponry.”

Tapping an index finger into the palm of his other hand, Finn finishes, ”The intelligence we have has been paid through the sacrifices of brave men and women. Omniscience is, perhaps something we can only muse about in hindsight. But we believe that the Blood Pillar the Harvesters have managed to procure is acting as a foci of some sort. When we glimpsed it during our fighting, there were still fresh sacrifices being made to power it.” Finn glances at his timepiece with increasing worry.

Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Jack Killian: -119 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-18 shots, Enhanced Perception; Psychic Body Field: 70/-61
John Altfeld: -195 M.D.
Lahz: (Sustain active), -16 I.S.P.
Marauder PA: Mini-Missiles: EMPTY; LPC: 240 shots/-44 shots; WI-GL8: -33 silver shots; N-F50A Force Field: popped; 1 Secondary Optics/Camera destroyed
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Minerva: -75 I.S.P.; 35/35 M.D. Psionic Crystal Armor ; Psionic Force Field: 70/ ; Hyper-TK activated at 2030.5 (12 mins)
NE-ATRV:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Rocky: -50 I.S.P.; Intangible, Shadow Meld, Enhanced Reflexes; Thundergun: 6/-6 shots;
Ronan: Mega-Juicer Combat EBA & Armored Flight Suit: DESTROYED;
Saul: -26 P.P.E.; Wings: Fly as the Eagle @1930 (60 mins); Shadow Meld @2020 (10 mins); Sixth Sense active; -30 M.D.
Seymour:
Silhouette:
Slithn:
Sshir: -36 M.D.C.
Vheld: P.P.E. tracked in sig-line; -2 charges/invincible armor talisman; -16 S.D.C.
Wakiza: -100 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; EBA FF popped, -24 from P.P.E. Battery
William Summers: Lifeward on NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor;
Wolf Whitaker: .44 Mag: 6/-1 shot; NE-6SL: 6/-5 shots;
Zed: 177 P.P.E.; Energy Sphere: 300 P.P.E.
Zion: -80 ISP


((GM note - I have not yet addressed Seymour’s Black Market post because I thought it important I get this mini-update out.))
ImageImage
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Lahz » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:43 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 5 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 1
JiC D100: 1d100 = 93

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious/Annoyed/Worried] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder PA, Sustain (19 Days)

ISP: 165/221
Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 88




*Maybe the least attitude I have seen out of him in the last 50 years, so I guess I'll take it. Quite frankly, Dad has no idea when our assault began, or that it lasted less than 2 minutes, so he's either guessing that he is the reason we were successful and there were no reinforcements, or he just needs to believe it to cover up the gaping stab-to-his-ego from his own tactical blunder. Doesn't matter. Doesn't change anything. He came in and laid it all bare before saying we had done 'so much they would follow us', now his pride is realizing he cannot look as far down on people and it annoys him.*

Lahz takes a lean up against a nearby wall and shrugs at Finn's defensive response, "So you were there? Great. Is the Black Mountain on a Ley Line or a Nexus? How did you get there and back? Do you have repairs you need completed or is all your gear factory-ready to go?"

*Does it have a big Tower with an Eye made of Fire that looks out upon all it surveys? ... Do we just rechristen it Mount Doom right frikkin here??*

"Ok, so you do not have an 'in' with Kazaa. We know where the primary manufacture will be this warehouse complex, so let's go over and we can find someone in charge. We are looking to be customers, so I don't care about paying 100k to get a door opened and bump some sales-guy's commission early in the morning. Stormspire deals with all sorts of night-dwellers so they are probably still open. Shall we go?"

"Reminder"
Things Lahz is Looking for (so he doesn't forget)
[20] Nexus Grenade [20,000 Credits Each, MercOps Pg 150] = 400,000
[40] Beehive Grenade [6,000 Credits Each, MercOps Pg 150] = 240,000
[10] Goblin Bomb (Grenade) Carpet of Adhesion [16,000 Credits Each, BoM Pg 329] = 160,000
[2] Telekinetic (TK) Rifle [75,000 Credits Each, BoM Pg 327] = 150,000

Per Federation of Magic (Pg 122), it appears Stormspire also manufactures a vehicle called a Ley Line Streaker which can be armed with "a rack of six conventional mini-missiles".
On that basis, Lahz would like to purchase a loadout of Mini-Missiles
[20] High Explosive Mini Missiles [1200 Credits Each, RUE Pg 257] = 24,000
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:50 am

Perception: 1d100 = 6/24%
JIC:1d20 = 11;1d100 = 92


Paranoid Thought Text

Active Effects:
[list][*]Horror Factor: 10 (Required if threatening or for anyone to draw a weapon against or attack the gunslinger) Ref, WB14 page 94.



As weapons manifest Wolf's hands instinctively find the grips of his pistols. Just as quick as they do Waz moves into Wolf's view and pulls him into the here and now.
Wolf hears Waz's words and nods to his leader. "You got it boss. Good idea." Wolf looks back to the ones who drew on him, then back to Waz in time to see him exit the room.
Well congratulations, you managed to get more enemies on the list...their reaction was not expected...you should have still shot them. Better to do it now then to wait for the sword in the back later...For once I dont disagree with you. While I may have sounded disrespectful they were questions that needed answering. Hopefully we have at least spured people into the correct direction...You still need to be rid of these ones...oh I'm sure the opportunity will present its self. I am with you but this will require more finesse then we usual to do. Wolf will stay near the rear of the Roughnecks for the time being.

Wolf continues to wait through the odd behavior of the seer. When the seer begins looking for other questions to ask, Wolf speaks up, "Good man. I am looking for a pair of TW thunderguns and the silver ammunition they use, to assist with the fight ahead. Where might these supplies be aquired?"
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Augur » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:13 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 0410
Environmental Effects: 70°, night time/dark
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Stormspire

Order of Battle
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Zed (Roughnecks; walking)
Zion (MARS)


In the Conference Room (everyone else)
Seymour heads out to the ATRV, and hops on an unspecified computer, but given that there's no way to connect with Fenrick some 300 miles away, he mostly stares at a blank screen while he tries to think of some other option.

Wolf wrote:"Good man. I am looking for a pair of TW thunderguns and the silver ammunition they use, to assist with the fight ahead. Where might these supplies be aquired?"

The seer cocks his head to one side as if puzzled. "Do you not know where you are, son? This is Stormspire, the heart of techno-wizardry. I'm sure there's scores of such things here. Of course, like any city, all the shops and shopkeeps are fast asleep at this early hour."

GM Note:
Seymour wrote:Once inside, he fires up his system. After a few minutes of pressing keys and typing, he manages to get a weak signal thru.

Underlined: I've no idea what computer you're referring to, but you're 300 miles from MercTown, and there's no internet in Rifts.
Italicized: The player posts his intentions, the GM posts the results.


In the Anteroom (Rocky, William, Wakiza, Mierin, Lahz, Vheld)

Lahz wrote:"So you were there? Great."

Lahz notes Finn's hand twitch. His father clearly just restrained himself from slapping his adult son. "Do I have to slap sense into that thick skull of yours like you're twenty? That chip on your shoulder is weighing down your brain, child. I never said I was with the men and women who died and whose lives you so casually dismiss. If I had been, you'd be speaking to your mother right now--about my death. Must I send you outside to the child's room to sulk with that petulant ass, or are you capable of seeing through your black cloud of resentment towards me for not being an idyllic father?" He looks Lahz square in the eyes. "Dale was among the scouts sent to the area around the mountain."
Lahz wrote:"Is the Black Mountain on a Ley Line or a Nexus?"

Finn sits back a half a degree in his seat. "Finally, an actionable question. The scouts did mention that a weak ley line runs across the site, but they did not mention a nexus. Based on the geography, it might be the Small mercies."

Lahz wrote:"Ok, so you do not have an 'in' with K'zaa."

Finn's eyes flare with anger. "Roland said he advised YOU to gather allies. No, I don't have an 'in' with one of the most powerful beings in this hemisphere. We've all been quite busy otherwise. Had I known you would allow yourself to disregard your duties, I would have sent reliable, sensible, Dale to try and gain an audience with the lizard mage, but when we met in the field I thought you had grown out of your childish selfishness." Finn stands up from his chair. "And for all we know, your brother could be dead on that cursed mountain right now...or worse." He pushes in his chair as he takes a step back. "We have perhaps three hours until the end of the world, and you want to engage in commerce?" Finn shakes his head in clear surprise. "Son, have you gotten into drugs? You're not thinking clearly. I seriously doubt we have the TIME for that. We don't even know how we're going to reach the location in time, and your priority is making a purchase?" Finn points at the door. "Get out."

Finn looks to Rocky, William, Wakiza, Mierin, and Vheld. "Well, one of you reassure me that my wife and I won't be trapped in eternal torment as slaves of Nxla in a few hours. Throw me a line. My son has clearly left his brains back in his armored contraption."

Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Jack Killian: -119 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-18 shots, Enhanced Perception; Psychic Body Field: 70/-61
John Altfeld: -195 M.D.
Lahz: (Sustain active), -16 I.S.P.
Marauder PA: Mini-Missiles: EMPTY; LPC: 240 shots/-44 shots; WI-GL8: -33 silver shots; N-F50A Force Field: popped; 1 Secondary Optics/Camera destroyed
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Minerva: -75 I.S.P.; 35/35 M.D. Psionic Crystal Armor ; Psionic Force Field: 70/ ; Hyper-TK activated at 2030.5 (12 mins)
NE-ATRV:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Rocky: -50 I.S.P.; Intangible, Shadow Meld, Enhanced Reflexes; Thundergun: 6/-6 shots;
Ronan: Mega-Juicer Combat EBA & Armored Flight Suit: DESTROYED;
Saul: -26 P.P.E.; Wings: Fly as the Eagle @1930 (60 mins); Shadow Meld @2020 (10 mins); Sixth Sense active; -30 M.D.
Seymour:
Silhouette:
Slithn:
Sshir: -36 M.D.C.
Vheld: P.P.E. tracked in sig-line; -2 charges/invincible armor talisman; -16 S.D.C.
Wakiza: -100 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; EBA FF popped, -24 from P.P.E. Battery
William Summers: Lifeward on NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor;
Wolf Whitaker: .44 Mag: 6/-1 shot; NE-6SL: 6/-5 shots;
Zed: 177 P.P.E.; Energy Sphere: 300 P.P.E.
Zion: -80 ISP
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5690
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Wakiza » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:41 am

Perception: 1d100 = 33 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 11 1d10 = 7

Conditions:
-Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee);
-Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry)
-Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle);
-Combat Acrobatics.
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Aegis of No Retreat wrote:”Youth,” he utters to himself as if the word fully encapsulates the folly of the entire line of questioning. But his demeanor does not shift to one of condescension, but rather calm patience. ”You assume we, the forces of Psyscape, have been doing nothing but twiddling our thumbs while your mercenary groups have been doing the heavy lifting. This is very nearly the opposite of what has transgressed. Carefully re-orient your perspective and perhaps it will make more sense. You’ve heard the stories Lahz, Psyscape has been engaged in a shadow war against this enemy throughout living memory. We have been fighting in hopes to prevent the summoning of Nxla. But like any vermin, the harder you work to exterminate, the deeper underground and hidden they become. In recent years, the Harvester’s efforts were infused with a greater level of subterfuge and intelligence became harder to obtain. As the intelligence dried up, Psyscape leadership believed the fight had been won… that is until the visions.”

Wak nods, "We made no such assumption, but we did do the heavy lifting last night and we lost a man because of it and almost lost several more for lack of preparation. These undead are like no undead I have fought before." Great a shadow war, another war to stop the enslavement of our world. Might have been nice if these guys worked with the seers. Maybe then the seers would have had a chance in convincing others.

Aegis of No Retreat wrote:Finn points in what seems to be a three random directions, but upon closer inspection correlates with the three battles fought to halt rituals, ”Your mercenary companies fought and successfully halted three rituals. Knowing that such would be a time when their forces would be spread thin, we made an incursion at Black Mountain. Did you stop and wonder why there were no enemy reinforcements? No? I didn’t think so.” Finn’s face grows solemn as he reflects on the skirmish. ”We have woefully underestimated the size of the Harvester forces. Underestimated the complexity of the catacombs that wind throughout their underground fortress beneath the Black Mountains. And underestimated the ferocity of resistance the Harvesters’ devotion would manifest on behalf of their dark overlord. That we even know about the existence of a Blood Pillar came at a cost. Not everyone successfully retreated last night when the order was given. Lahz, remember that red-haired boy, Tad, from two streets down? You and he used to play mind puzzles before your psychic trainings drew you along different paths?” Pursed lips and a shake of his head negated the need for any additional words on the matter.

Wak looks solemn "I am sorry you lost men as well, I know how rough that is even for a good cause, however the temple was hit with plenty of reinforcements. Worse there were undead that were using energy weapons. I haven't seen that before outside of vampires. They took out two of Vheld's minions relatively easily." Damn undead!

Aegis of No Retreat wrote:Turning toward Wakiza, Finn addresses some more of the cyberknight’s concerns, ”At this point, you have likely encountered some of the weaknesses of the undead. They are vulnerable to silver, magic and usually psychic weaponry. The Harvesters themselves are mortal (for now), magic wielders. So weapons affect them depending on what protective invocations they have active. If you ask about Nxla… Legends speak of a hideous tower of grotesque anatomy that is particularly vulnerable to psychic energies, but should be subject to conventional weaponry.”

Wak nods clearly interested, "The psychic weakness should be useful."
Aegis of No Retreat wrote:Tapping an index finger into the palm of his other hand, Finn finishes, ”The intelligence we have has been paid through the sacrifices of brave men and women. Omniscience is, perhaps something we can only muse about in hindsight. But we believe that the Blood Pillar the Harvesters have managed to procure is acting as a foci of some sort. When we glimpsed it during our fighting, there were still fresh sacrifices being made to power it.” Finn glances at his timepiece with increasing worry.

Wak shakes his head, "Wonderful, more innocent blood spilled. They were slaughtering villagers at the temple as well. So we might be able to slow them or even stop them if we destroy that foci?"
Augur wrote:Finn's eyes flare with anger. "Roland said he advised YOU to gather allies. No, I don't have an 'in' with one of the most powerful beings in this hemisphere. We've all been quite busy otherwise. Had I known you would allow yourself to disregard your duties, I would have sent reliable, sensible, Dale to try and gain an audience with the lizard mage, but when we met in the field I thought you had grown out of your childish selfishness." Finn stands up from his chair. "And for all we know, your brother could be dead on that cursed mountain right now...or worse." He pushes in his chair as he takes a step back. "We have perhaps three hours until the end of the world, and you want to engage in commerce?" Finn shakes his head in clear surprise. "Son, have you gotten into drugs? You're not thinking clearly. I seriously doubt we have the TIME for that. We don't even know how we're going to reach the location in time, and your priority is making a purchase?" Finn points at the door. "Get out."

Finn looks to Rocky, William, Wakiza, Mierin, and Vheld. "Well, one of you reassure me that my wife and I won't be trapped in eternal torment as slaves of Nxla in a few hours. Throw me a line. My son has clearly left his brains back in his armored contraption."

"We were trying to gather allies until we got reassigned to handle last night's missions." Wak gives a grim smile, "No one can reassure you of that, especially not me as I've lost two fathers and all my blood family to incursions that seem much more minor to this one, but if we don't make a few purchases, we will likely lose men that have or will become our brothers. Some of these kids need magical weapons that suit their skills or they will be the next victims in this war." Fathers and sons, I wonder if this is how it has always been? He leaves any discussion of magical travel to Vheld. "Probably not an appropriate time, but it might be my last time. Do you know Maria and Aral Romanov? They were Psi-Warriors from Psyscape and they disappeared in Canada about 13 years ago. The rescued me when I was six and raised me. The were away for their home for at least 20 years before they disappeared. I always meant to find my way to Psyscape to let someone know and to find out more about them."
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 219/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 76 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Lahz » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:10 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 23 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 15
JiC D100: 1d100 = 97

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious/Annoyed/Worried] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder PA, Sustain (19 Days)

ISP: 165/221
Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 13




Finn's words land in Lahz's gut like leaden weights and his father's intentionally degrading and hurtful attacks bring down a final barrier.

Augur wrote:Lahz notes Finn's hand twitch. His father clearly just restrained himself from slapping his adult son. "Do I have to slap sense into that thick skull of yours like you're twenty? That chip on your shoulder is weighing down your brain, child. I never said I was with the men and women who died and whose lives you so casually dismiss. If I had been, you'd be speaking to your mother right now--about my death. Must I send you outside to the child's room to sulk with that petulant ass, or are you capable of seeing through your black cloud of resentment towards me for not being an idyllic father?" He looks Lahz square in the eyes. "Dale was among the scouts sent to the area around the mountain."

*So, another son you were not there for? Let me muster up some more surprise.*

Finn sits back a half a degree in his seat. "Finally, an actionable question. The scouts did mention that a weak ley line runs across the site, but they did not mention a nexus. Based on the geography, it might be the Small mercies."

*Ahhh, they had scouts who surveyed the approach initially prior to an assault. How were they in contact with those scouts? Is there a frequency to monitor? And why not mention the existence of a Ley line at the location until someone asks? Finn-the-Great cannot bring himself to be up front about anything? Ever?*

Finn's eyes flare with anger. "Roland said he advised YOU to gather allies. No, I don't have an 'in' with one of the most powerful beings in this hemisphere. We've all been quite busy otherwise. Had I known you would allow yourself to disregard your duties, I would have sent reliable, sensible, Dale to try and gain an audience with the lizard mage, but when we met in the field I thought you had grown out of your childish selfishness."

*Yes, and Roland the random mage from some random village in the Magic Zone, he should be believed over your own son. If what we did last night was so important, maybe you shouldn't be bitching about the time it took to get it done you stupid old bastard.*

Finn stands up from his chair. "And for all we know, your brother could be dead on that cursed mountain right now...or worse." He pushes in his chair as he takes a step back. "We have perhaps three hours until the end of the world, and you want to engage in commerce?" Finn shakes his head in clear surprise. "Son, have you gotten into drugs? You're not thinking clearly. I seriously doubt we have the TIME for that.

*If you had prepared your troops for the actual task ahead, you may not be here trying to convince another son to throw his life away on the hopes of saving a favorite that hated you ...*

We don't even know how we're going to reach the location in time, and your priority is making a purchase?" Finn points at the door. "Get out."


*Less than 3 minutes ago you were concurring with Vheld that Rift travel was a solid choice, but now you have no idea? Frankly it appears you had no method at all until you came to ask for help.*

An arctic wind in the midst of a winter blizzard carries more warmth than the Psi-Tech as he waves 1 dismissive hand at Finn and quietly responds, "This shit is why she left you, and why Dale hated you."

*Dale hasn't been able to stand to be in the same room as Dad for a damn century, and I suppose now that I am no longer a teenager I can see why. There is no point in seeking his approval. The only thing he approves of is second-guessing everyone like a sanctimonious blowhard.*
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Mierin » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 32 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 64

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Sustain – duration: 20 days

At first, Mierin simply listens as the few of them are brought into a separate meeting room. When Finn gets increasingly angry, Mierin simply raises an eyebrow as he and Lahz exchange retorts that get uglier by the second. Shaking her head, Mierin thinks to herself, And they say women are the emotional ones.

Finn looks to Rocky, William, Wakiza, Mierin, and Vheld. "Well, one of you reassure me that my wife and I won't be trapped in eternal torment as slaves of Nxla in a few hours. Throw me a line. My son has clearly left his brains back in his armored contraption."


Mierin shakes her head. ”I'm not in the business of giving anyone promises that I can't keep. Besides,” A small smirk appears on her face, ”I doubt you would believe me if I did.” Mierin continues, “The shopping Lahz indicated isn't for some fun trinkets we want for the hell of it. If you want us to succeed at this mission and possibly save your other child, we're telling you that this is what we need.” Mierin's voice is calm as she is talking. Getting upset and fighting amongst themselves was a sure fire way to ensure that Nyxla succeeded in its goals. She ignores Waz's questions to Vheld since they could not be less relevant to what they were doing at this moment. ”Since throwing a tantrum and insults around the room isn't going to help us succeed in our goal, how about we focus and get what we need?”
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby William Summers » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:15 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 73/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 25


Conditions
  • SDC: 62/62
  • HP: 60/60
  • Ley Line Proximity: Double range/duration/damage, Will can draw 10PPE/melee. Double magic weapon damage/range.
  • Personal PPE: 27/178
  • Captured PPE: 356/356. 60/60 minutes
  • NE-BA-50 Raider Heavy Body Armor:
    • Helmet: 80
    • Arms: 55 each
    • Legs: 80 each
    • Main Body: 140
    • Lifeward: BoM pg 121
    • Must spend 20% more PPE to cast spells
    • Additional Effects: - 61-80% Reduce both range and duration of the spell by 20%.



Conference Room
Ronan wrote:
Will wrote:"So, I don't want you to freak out or anything because we're in a room that you could destroy if you were mad. But I died. They told me I got killed by a Necro-Juicer? I didn't even get to land a strike!"


He clasps the mage on the back; "That just means they viewed you as an immediate threat and eliminated you before you could wreck havoc. Take it as a compliment, after all, you're here, and they are not."

"Thanks Ronan. I hadn't looked at it that way!"

Jack Killian wrote:“Will I’m glad you got better"

"Thanks Red, glad to be better!"

Wolf Whitaker wrote:Wolf will look at Will, "Well joke or not glad you are still here."

"Why does everyone think I'm joking?"


Will welcomes Zion's healing touches readily, and with the 10th healing he takes stock of his physical wellbeing. A shoulder roll, a neck crack, a side kick. Wow. I'm at 100%. I have literally never felt better. From dead, to peak performance. That's the life of an adventurer! ”Damn, that's exactly what I needed. What was your name again, friend?” Once Zion introduces himself, Will shakes the man's hand and says ”Zion, you should set up shop in MercTown. You could make a pretty penny with talents like that.”

While absorbing whatever ambient magical energy he can, Will continues chatting with folks until Finn's voice cuts through the chatter. At that point, he listens. Inspired by the speech, he's a bit baffled when Wolf brings aggression to the conversation. As the psi-swords come out, he tenses a little, but sees Finn tell his men to back down, and so does so himself.

Finn D'Gemmel wrote:"You six. You're not children toying with the end of the world, but clearly some of your men are. Join me in the anteroom. I'll share what intelligence I have with you while the rabble learn some manners." He steps down from the table, and strides into an anteroom attached to the conference room motioning for the door to be closed behind them.

Will nods at his summoning, stands and follows Finn into the anteroom.

Anteroom
Once again listening thoroughly, Will hears the timeline for doomsday and his expression gets markedly more serious. The back and forth between Lahz and his father that began outside the room continues to distract from the conversation at hand and Will reaches his breaking point with it.

"If the two of you do not stop bickering, everyone on this planet will die. Please do shut up. Feel free to argue once we've saved the world. Now down to planning.
It sounds as though we will be unable to make purchases here in town due to this lizard-mage's hoarding. We don't have the time to worry about that. If we have three hours until dawn and dawn is when this creature makes its full arrival to this world, then we need to be there before as soon as possible to stop it. Whether we have the resources or not, we must prevail. Unless someone has some sort of magical way to make supplies appear, we do without. Dead if you do, dead if you don't.
Because of this, the magical weapons we have at our disposal should be distributed amongst the group as to their skill sets. For those weapons that do not require magical activation, those should go to the non-magical amongst us. I can sort that out after this meeting. And I have an arsenal of grenades and weapons of my own to loan to our company.
Vheld is capable of transporting our entire unit. However, he should be preserving his magical energies for whatever battle is upcoming. The Roughnecks ATRV is equipped with enough space and speed to get this entire unit there if we push it at top speed. It won't be subtle but it will do the trick.
We were tasked with recruiting help from as many factions as we could. We are at the end of the line now. We have the Dunscon's Federation, Magestar, what's left of the MercTown Armored Recon Services and your delegation from Psyscape. While we intended to recruit the assistance of the forces located here and my home of Dweomer, the time for that has passed.
We can place the Federation and the Spook Squad to the South. Roughnecks approach from the West. MARS and Magestar approach from the East. Psyscape from the North. We box them in, clear our way to the center, take down the Blood Pillars and destroy whatever lives there.
We are hearing that this Nxla is allergic to psychics. We must protect them at all costs. That means that redheaded civilian-killer, that means Volcano, that means Lahz here, Sir Blackhoof can create a psionic sword so definitely him. And hell, all of MARS.
I may have missed a few things, but in short, we stand, we fight or we die."

Will sits back down in his seat and places the helmet he was clutching under his arm on the table.
The Man in Black


Ledger
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Aegis of No Retreat » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:40 am

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 0415
Environmental Effects: 70°, night time/dark
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Stormspire

Order of Battle
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Zed (Roughnecks; walking)
Zion (MARS)


[Seymour]
Flustered inside the ATRV, Seymour tries what he can to try to raise Fenrick in MercTown. His efforts are generally met with static and other interference noises. Flipping through his mental vault of Black Market contact frequencies and protocols, the information broker decides to pursue another way. Without thinking, he moves his video camera onto the ATRV dash with the intention to rifle through his backpack for his tablet.

An ear-screeching sound born from feedback and a stuck button blares on the channel. The unpleasant noise sounds for a full 5 seconds before Seymour realizes his error and sets his camera back on the floor.

”Private channel. Take your kiddie radio, your punk friends and…. Get off!” an agitated voice declares from the ether.

”Fenrick?” Seymour asks tentatively, not knowing what else to say in the moment.

”Huh? No. Who’s asking?” the startled voice begins before he pauses, then initiates a generic Black Market greeting keyphrase, ”The Sun warms the melons on Tuesday.”

Seymour navigates the BM keyphrase pleasantries without difficulty. He is a little surprised by the regional nuances, but is able to successfully prove his own credentials.

Lyle (the name he gives once authorizations are complete) identifies himself as a Stormspire-based fence. He initially seems eager to get off the comms and get back to what he was doing, but when Seymour tells him the dire nature of their mission, Lyle can’t help but listen.

”Look. K’zaa has been locking down Stormspire. He is nearly done too. Not sure what happens after he is fully locked down, but the gossip mill says the tower is going to disappear. Some serious people I take seriously have said K’zaa has done it before. You are going to have a really hard time procuring anything these days, let alone in the next few hours. I had to burn through five contacts to smuggle the one shipment I have for a client in the Southwest. And they’ve already agreed to pay triple the price for delivery and to compensate both my inconvenience and also the drying up market.”


In the Conference Room:
[Wolf, Saul and others not in the Antechamber]
”Mmmm…” the Grey Seer hums as Wolf makes an equipment request. He taps his nose repeatedly apparently in thought. ”Fifty-fifty. The rat finds a way.”

Without any other questions being directed at him, the Grey Seer busies himself humming a soft melody while picking through his beard. He finds a larger piece of debris, holds it up to his eye for examination and then takes a sudden interest in Saul (who just happened to be in the direction of his gaze at the time).

”Asante sana squash banana.” the Seer begins to repeatedly chant as he approaches the simian, seemingly mocking the mystic with an ape-like walk with his arms swinging like pendulum in front of him.

Once standing before the diminutive monkey, the Seer drops down into a cross-legged seated position. Seriousness, warmth and compassion seem to emanate from the Seer. ”Your mind is made. Destiny affixed. You will know the moment. Let them know the real you.” He reaches out to place an open palm on Saul’s chest. Should the simian allow, he feels warmth and as if a seed of hidden reserve is planted within him.

The Seer lays down on his back, legs still crossed but now staring at the ceiling, his beard a splayed mess. ”Not long now… The kingdom’s riches spirited away. The little dragon on two legs hoarding all he has built over the past half-century. Fear and arrogance. He wears it like a cloak. Thinks it will protect him.”


[John Altfield -- At K’zaa’s tower]
”Slow your approach, or we WILL open fire!” the Stormspire guards warn as John speeds toward the tower. The makeshift checkpoint is well clear, but still within line-of-sight of K’zaa’s tower. John thinks he notices one of the other guards lower their weapon slightly, likely communicating on their comms.

Even at this early hour, John can see that K’zaa’s tower is like a beehive bustling with activity. John complies with the guards’ demands, slows to a halt, and explains his reason for being there, requesting an audience with someone that has K’zaa’s ear. ”No unauthorized entry.” the first guard responds curtly. A third (not the one talking to John or the one that was likely on their comms), with a significantly younger-sounding voice, chortles lightly and remarks, ”not like anyone would listen right now. We are so out of here.” He is immediately silenced by the second guard.

”Thank you for your concern citizen.” the first guard continues a bit more mildly and mis-identifying John’s relation to the city, ”Your message has been passed on to the authorities. Kindly about-face and return to your domicile.”

Should John continue to press the matter, the second guard will pipe up, speaking as if trying to recite something from rote memory, ”K’zaa is aware of what transpires. His goals are not currently aligned with yours. Further pursuit of this matter will be considered an act of aggression and dealt with accordingly.” Then, with a dismissing wave, urges John to back away from the spire and return from whence he came.

If/When John moves away, he thinks he overhears the guards discussing something.

Eavesdrop wrote:Guard 1: “Are we really going to wait much longer? I don’t want to be stuck out here when they close up.”
Guard 2: “Captain says if the last two shipments don’t make it in the next 10 minutes, we close up shop and bring it in.”



In the Anteroom:
Wakiza wrote:Wak shakes his head, "Wonderful, more innocent blood spilled. They were slaughtering villagers at the temple as well. So we might be able to slow them or even stop them if we destroy that foci?"

Grateful for a hiatus from his family dispute, Finn exhales sharply before answering the cyberknight. ”Yes, very astute. We believe the blood pillar augments the capabilities of the Harvesters. And believe it may be used for an additional ritual of some sort, should be an important goal during the fight. Since your squads tend to be talented at unconventional warfare, if there is some way the blood pillar could be destroyed early on in the fight, that should help swing the battlefield conditions in our favor. Or at the very least keep it from tilting too hard in the enemies’ favor.”

Lahz wrote:An arctic wind in the midst of a winter blizzard carries more warmth than the Psi-Tech as he waves 1 dismissive hand at Finn and quietly responds, "This shit is why she left you, and why Dale hated you."

Finn’s finger continues to point at the exit but wavers in its steadiness. Fury and sadness emanate from the elder D’Gemmel and he shakes to contain his emotions. Lahz knows that the daggers he just placed successfully struck the nerve he sought. ”Out.” Finn says once more. His tone is just as icy as the psi-tech’s and seems to bring him to the brink of violence. Small objects in the room begin to shake and hover amidst Finn’s telekinetic anger.

Wakiza wrote:"We were trying to gather allies until we got reassigned to handle last night's missions." Wak gives a grim smile, "No one can reassure you of that, especially not me as I've lost two fathers and all my blood family to incursions that seem much more minor to this one, but if we don't make a few purchases, we will likely lose men that have or will become our brothers. Some of these kids need magical weapons that suit their skills or they will be the next victims in this war." Fathers and sons, I wonder if this is how it has always been? He leaves any discussion of magical travel to Vheld. "Probably not an appropriate time, but it might be my last time. Do you know Maria and Aral Romanov? They were Psi-Warriors from Psyscape and they disappeared in Canada about 13 years ago. The rescued me when I was six and raised me. They were away from their home for at least 20 years before they disappeared. I always meant to find my way to Psyscape to let someone know and to find out more about them."

Wakiza’s voice pulls Finn back from the edge. He regains his composure and continues, ”I understand your concern for your men. If I had the resources, I would offer them. However, as is, I have nothing but my life and the lives of my men left to give. I do not know how to help you equip your men. K’zaa will not be helpful. Both Magestar and the Federation have committed to lend aid. But their mobilization for the fight does not include a trip here, to Stormspire. Perhaps they will have extra weapons and munitions…” Finn’s face darkens, ”Or perhaps your men will better be able to arm themselves in the midst of battle…” The elder D’Gemmel knows that the battle will be hard and many will fall. With sadness, he makes reference to battles in which under equipped soldiers have found the weapons they need to finish the fight only by relieving them from their fallen comrades.

”As for Maria and Aral Romanov, I am not intimately familiar with all the individuals that graduate from our institutions. But the last name does sound vaguely familiar. What I can promise is this: finish this battle and you will have earned yourself an open invitation to visit Psyscape. Our Academy keeps meticulous records. And your honored status will grant you an allowance to review those records at your leisure.”

William Summers wrote:"If the two of you do not stop bickering, everyone on this planet will die. Please do shut up. Feel free to argue once we've saved the world. Now down to planning.
It sounds as though we will be unable to make purchases here in town due to this lizard-mage's hoarding. We don't have the time to worry about that. If we have three hours until dawn and dawn is when this creature makes its full arrival to this world, then we need to be there before as soon as possible to stop it. Whether we have the resources or not, we must prevail. Unless someone has some sort of magical way to make supplies appear, we do without. Dead if you do, dead if you don't.
Because of this, the magical weapons we have at our disposal should be distributed amongst the group as to their skill sets. For those weapons that do not require magical activation, those should go to the non-magical amongst us. I can sort that out after this meeting. And I have an arsenal of grenades and weapons of my own to loan to our company.
Vheld is capable of transporting our entire unit. However, he should be preserving his magical energies for whatever battle is upcoming. The Roughnecks ATRV is equipped with enough space and speed to get this entire unit there if we push it at top speed. It won't be subtle but it will do the trick.
We were tasked with recruiting help from as many factions as we could. We are at the end of the line now. We have the Dunscon's Federation, Magestar, what's left of the MercTown Armored Recon Services and your delegation from Psyscape. While we intended to recruit the assistance of the forces located here and my home of Dweomer, the time for that has passed.
We can place the Federation and the Spook Squad to the South. Roughnecks approach from the West. MARS and Magestar approach from the East. Psyscape from the North. We box them in, clear our way to the center, take down the Blood Pillars and destroy whatever lives there.
We are hearing that this Nxla is allergic to psychics. We must protect them at all costs. That means that redheaded civilian-killer, that means Volcano, that means Lahz here, Sir Blackhoof can create a psionic sword so definitely him. And hell, all of MARS.
I may have missed a few things, but in short, we stand, we fight or we die."

Will sits back down in his seat and places the helmet he was clutching under his arm on the table.

”Thank you.” Finn says, gratitude written all over his face as Will rallies and brings the others in the anteroom to their senses. ”We agree to your deployment recommendation. And will pass it on to the other factions once we are on-site.”

Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Jack Killian: -119 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-18 shots, Enhanced Perception; Psychic Body Field: 70/-61
John Altfeld:
Lahz: (Sustain active), -16 I.S.P.
Marauder PA: Mini-Missiles: EMPTY; LPC: 240 shots/-44 shots; WI-GL8: -33 silver shots; N-F50A Force Field: popped; 1 Secondary Optics/Camera destroyed
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Minerva: -75 I.S.P.; 35/35 M.D. Psionic Crystal Armor ; Psionic Force Field: 70/ ; Hyper-TK activated at 2030.5 (12 mins)
NE-ATRV:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Rocky: -50 I.S.P.; Intangible, Shadow Meld, Enhanced Reflexes; Thundergun: 6/-6 shots;
Ronan: Mega-Juicer Combat EBA & Armored Flight Suit: DESTROYED;
Saul: -26 P.P.E.; Wings: Fly as the Eagle @1930 (60 mins); Shadow Meld @2020 (10 mins); Sixth Sense active; -30 M.D.
Seymour:
Silhouette:
Slithn:
Sshir: -36 M.D.C.
Vheld: P.P.E. tracked in sig-line; -2 charges/invincible armor talisman; -16 S.D.C.
Wakiza: -100 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; EBA FF popped, -24 from P.P.E. Battery
William Summers: Lifeward on NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor;
Wolf Whitaker: .44 Mag: 6/-1 shot; NE-6SL: 6/-5 shots;
Zed: 177 P.P.E.; Energy Sphere: 300 P.P.E.
Zion: -80 ISP
ImageImage
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 15/24%
JIC: 1d20 = 2;1d100 = 91


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 10 (When threatening or being attacked)



Wolf gives a slight chuckle to the response of the seer and merely tips his hat to them man. For the next several minutes Wolf goes about pulling the spent casings from his weapons and ensuring they are all topped off from the extra ammunition from his backpack. When Wolf gets to his .44 Magnums he will look at the four remaining silver bullets in his hand. This is not going to be easy. And don't say it...I wasn't. This fight will likely be more intense then that time the baron sent his men after you for sleeping with his wife...Heheheh. That was a good time. Had to use my knife for the last three guys. At least we were prepared for that fight...It is the only reason we walked away from it. But now there are others. I would be hesitant to relay on them but they may be useful in making sure we stay alive...Some of them, I have grown fond of John, But if anyone is going to survive it's John. Hey where did he go?

Wolf will look around for John. "Hey has anyone seen John? That man is always on the move."

Wolf will grab his radio, "John. John Where are you at? You better still be in range of this thing. Hey you need help? We haven't heard for you for a few."

Butcher bill update: All NE weapons reloaded from backpack. .44 mag: One empty, One 4/6 rounds Silver
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Ronan » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:06 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 94 / 1d20 = 20
Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 48
Invoke Trust [24%]: 1d100 = 14 (Trustworthy to the Seer)
Charm/Impress [29%]: 1d100 = 14 (Polite to the Seer)

”Cafe Lucca on the corner of Serpent and Bedlam. Mister Fedi Moshte. Favors brown leather jackets. His kids think it makes him look cool. Has an expresso every morning when the cafe opens at 4:30. Secretly wants a blueberry scone, but his belly and wallet won’t allow him. Former soldier. Is fond of his KLS relic, but no longer has use for the ammunition with his family of six. Not sure how much is left."


Ah, a retired soldier. Always a feat to meet a retiree from a profession where the people die young; perhaps I can convince him to help me in this plight. Though, I am hardly a skilled talker, perhaps one of my new associates can help me. Ronan muses and nods his head towards the seer with a slight close of his eyes from behind his goggles. "Many thanks, seer. Might you know how amenable he may be to part with these spare rounds, should he have them? It is a matter of life and death, after all."

Ronan looks over to Seymour and Minerva; "Think one of the three in the other room; Meirin, Lahz or Vheld, would care to accompany me to this individual to see about this ammunition? It would be a great boon to the team." He asks, more towards Minerva who he understands to have been with the Spooks for at least a little while.

Ronan will then wait for one of the experienced members on his new crew to leave, looking for Vheld or Lahz specifically due to his communication with them, but will also address Meirin should he spot her first. When Ronan sees them, he'll wait for a lull in whatever statement they have about their conversations inside the antechamber, then will approach and say "So, would any of you be willing to accompany me to see a Mister Jedi Moshte, a retired soldier who also has a firearm such as mine and is rumored to have some spare ammunition he doesn't need anymore given his family. If I could get one or two of you to go with me to help express my... our need for these spare ammunitions, it would be a great benefit. I can go into detail on why this ammunition is important should you desire."


Should any gunjockey or anyone ask for a description on the ammunition
Ronan nods and begins his statement like a soldier describing his favorite rifle. "This is the most efficient micro-rail gun I have ever used. It fires a Armor Piercing Discarding Sabot round that has varying effects based on the target. In the case of organic targets with natural healing abilities, such as myself, for example, it would temporarily remove that healing ability, very similarly to depleted uranium rounds; making the target much more vulnerable to attack. These rounds will also wreck havoc on robot combat vehicles or inorganic targets, such as cyborgs, causing a variety of malfunctions. The target is always left bleeding from the impact, and it penetrates up to a foot of heavy steel plate. I had plenty of ammunition for her before I got here, but lost it all upon arrival."
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe | Venenifer
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Wakiza » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 51 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 98

Conditions:
-Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee);
-Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry)
-Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle);
-Combat Acrobatics.
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

As Wak performs his usual intermittent scan for invisible lurkers he feels his stomach tighten. That was odd.
Aegis of No Retreat wrote: Grateful for a hiatus from his family dispute, Finn exhales sharply before answering the cyberknight. ”Yes, very astute. We believe the blood pillar augments the capabilities of the Harvesters. And believe it may be used for an additional ritual of some sort, should be an important goal during the fight. Since your squads tend to be talented at unconventional warfare, if there is some way the blood pillar could be destroyed early on in the fight, that should help swing the battlefield conditions in our favor. Or at the very least keep it from tilting too hard in the enemies’ favor.”

Wak nods as he considers, "Maybe that is a solid task we give to John and Ronin. Seems right up there alley."
Aegis of No Retreat wrote: voice pulls Finn back from the edge. He regains his composure and continues, ”I understand your concern for your men. If I had the resources, I would offer them. However, as is, I have nothing but my life and the lives of my men left to give. I do not know how to help you equip your men. K’zaa will not be helpful. Both Magestar and the Federation have committed to lend aid. But their mobilization for the fight does not include a trip here, to Stormspire. Perhaps they will have extra weapons and munitions…” Finn’s face darkens, ”Or perhaps your men will better be able to arm themselves in the midst of battle…” The elder D’Gemmel knows that the battle will be hard and many will fall. With sadness, he makes reference to battles in which under equipped soldiers have found the weapons they need to finish the fight only by relieving them from their fallen comrades.

Wonderfukinful! No help from the lizard mage. "Well, I'm not gonna order men who who are ill equipped for the job to attack a foe in the hopes that a weapon falls that they can use and is useful. But I won't stop them from volunteering."
Aegis of No Retreat wrote:”As for Maria and Aral Romanov, I am not intimately familiar with all the individuals that graduate from our institutions. But the last name does sound vaguely familiar. What I can promise is this: finish this battle and you will have earned yourself an open invitation to visit Psyscape. Our Academy keeps meticulous records. And your honored status will grant you an allowance to review those records at your leisure.”

Wak gives a slight bow, "And if we survive, I will take you up on that visit."
Aegis of No Retreat wrote:”Thank you.” Finn says, gratitude written all over his face as Will rallies and brings the others in the anteroom to their senses. ”We agree to your deployment recommendation. And will pass it on to the other factions once we are on-site.”

Wak nods to Will, "Will, we have less than three hours and it is 4:15 in the morning, do you have the juice to get a group inside Dweomer, set a meeting with leadership, convince them to help, and mobilize them in under two hours? If not, ..."
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 219/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 76 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Lahz » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:40 pm

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 26 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 18
JiC D100: 1d100 = 60

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Calm] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder PA, Sustain (19 Days)

ISP: 165/221
Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 80




The words have hardly left Lahz's lips when he finds serenity. His father's fury clattering and shaking nearby objects barely registers, *Truth sets you free. You might not like hearing it old man but the incessant need to always be right and one-up everyone and everything you encounter so that you can look down on everything, it is your unmitigated arrogance and vanity that bring us here. If you strike me, well, I will not win. We are not all Psi-Warriors, and my gifts are not the same. But I have a duty to my people to try and prepare them to win rather than try to toss a snowball at a bonfire.*

Aegis of No Retreat wrote:[Finn] regains his composure and continues, ”I understand your concern for your men. If I had the resources, I would offer them. However, as is, I have nothing but my life and the lives of my men left to give. I do not know how to help you equip your men."

*Gee, was that so hard to say? I think when I asked what he had available all he could do was evade and act indignant that we would have the nerve to question him less than 5 minutes after his little concession that he had launched an assault without sufficient information and had already lost the bulk of his forces.*

Aegis of No Retreat wrote:K’zaa will not be helpful. Both Magestar and the Federation have committed to lend aid. But their mobilization for the fight does not include a trip here, to Stormspire. Perhaps they will have extra weapons and munitions…” Finn’s face darkens, ”Or perhaps your men will better be able to arm themselves in the midst of battle…” The elder D’Gemmel knows that the battle will be hard and many will fall. With sadness, he makes reference to battles in which under equipped soldiers have found the weapons they need to finish the fight only by relieving them from their fallen comrades.

*Right, because when you refused to respond to our questions about where the Magestar and Federation folks are, and when they would get here, so we should all cross our fingers that they are bringing extra stuff to share. That's a winning plan. I look forward to cashing the winning lottery ticket that the head Necro-shithead will have in his pocket when we kill him too ... *

The Psi-tech nods at Mierin's contribution and holds himself in check from an eyeroll at William's apparent concession that 'as long as Finn says we cannot get anything, we should not try, should not attempt to secure anything else, and should just charge in unprepared ... let's spread ourselves thinner instead of even attempting to equip.' *This is not a glass half empty (Dad), or glass half full (Will) situation ... the glass is too flipping big. Change the scenario. *

William Summers wrote:"The Roughnecks ATRV is equipped with enough space and speed to get this entire unit there if we push it at top speed. It won't be subtle but it will do the trick. We were tasked with recruiting help from as many factions as we could. We are at the end of the line now. We have the Dunscon's Federation, Magestar, what's left of the MercTown Armored Recon Services and your delegation from Psyscape. While we intended to recruit the assistance of the forces located here and my home of Dweomer, the time for that has passed ..."


Lahz's tone is almost serene as he responds to the thickly-built-and-bearded magus, "Although a master-psychic, I am differently gifted than those who swing a psi-blade and have no capacity to directly harm these things with any of my mental powers, so maybe I don't belong on your list of folks to get to the party. However, with all due respect Will based on the maps previously provided, even if you cannot manage communication from here you can still get to Dweomer in the time left ... even if all we do is drop you on a Wingboard alone you could make it in what, 2 hours? The fact is based on their reputations, the Lords of Magic would jump to offer help on something like this, and their city has ample practitioners capable of then sending you on to meet up with the rest of us at Mount Doom or Black Mountain or whatever they wanna call it ... Hell maybe what we should be considering is making a top speed collective-trip to Dweomer if you don't want to split up the group, although apparently 'the group from Magestar should be arriving any time now' and we have no idea how many that group will be comprised of, if will will have their own transport capabilities, or can all fit on your craft." The Psi-tech offers a glance to Mierin, then to Vheld, " ... if they are absolutely hellbent on a pure direct-assault, then maybe the Spooks need to direct ourselves through Merctown. We have more info, can get our vehicles and weapons so we are not all reliant on 1 APC. They can use the Magestar folks to get themselves to Mount-Black. Blackman may have additional info, we can drop Seymour's videos in case we all die and another cycle has to try and pick up where we all die, and maybe I can squeeze an aircraft with a few Long Range Missiles out of the Airport ... if I have to hijack it ... make the leap from determination to desperation."

*It does not have to be half full or half empty ... but to mix metaphors, one should try to have a Plan-B*

==============

At any subsequent close of the meeting when approached by Ronan, Lahz shrugs, "Vheld has a boatload of stuff he was going to try and prep. Queen is good at convincing people to look hard to accommodate her though ... but you have about 20 minutes to get that done." He will then look over to Mierin, "Handle the cost, I will drop group funds to you when we next have access."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby John Altfeld » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:59 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 66 / 73%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 36

John taps his helmet as Wolf distracts him. "Wolf, I told you guys that I was going to K'zaa's tower. I'm like a half mile awaaaa..." And then he starts shouting.

Trust/Intimidate (Hey guards, this is for real and you should hand your post over to John. Who is sexy.): EP CRIT.

"WHAT?!? NXLA is coming here earlier than everyone thought?!? We have to go right now or we're all dead?!? Okay, man! I'm on it!"

John turns to the guards. "I don't know what you all have planned, and I apologize for 'eavesdropping,' but what direction were your last supply people coming from? Because everything is blowing up now and I probably passed them on the way here."

He waits for the guards to reply. "I can't say I hit every alley in that direction, but I definitely didn't see any 'shipments' coming this way when I went through that area. And you saw how fast I came in. I have to get out of here, but if you want to start packing in, I can stick around for 10 and let your buddies know if they show up during that time."

He looks off into the night, like a hero. "It's the least I can do."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Vheld » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:13 am

JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 25
PER: 1d100 = 6 vs. 76%
Conditions
[*]Aura of power (No saving throw, Vheld appears to be level 13, 50% stronger, adds 1d4+2 = 3 to MA, 20min remaining)
[*]Charismatic aura (+8 PB, power/fear, 120ft. radius, save vs. 18 or better, 30min)
[*]Nexus proximity- triple range, duration, damage of spells, draw 20 PPE per melee, +2 save vs. magic/HF, +1 spell strength)


Lore: Demons and Monsters- 1d100 = 18 vs. 99%
Lore: Magic- 1d100 = 18 vs. 94%
To recall everything he knows about blood pillars

Vheld silently follows the others into the briefing with Finn. He is likely the only person present who feels, not exactly joy… but certainly excitement at the prospect of a direct confrontation from a being of Nxla’s power. So it has already been summoned. Is it already too late? Should I be thinking of an evacuation plan? It wouldn’t be hard to find sanctuary somewhere in the United Worlds of Warlock. It’s not like the average human lifespan on this little planet is anything to get excited about anyway. He watches the gathering, and the initial conversations in silence, weighing his options. No. Fleeing now would likely be a non-starter for the others, and it seems rather pointless to resurrect Will only to leave him to die. Vheld’s eyes narrow even as his introspection deepens. But you don’t really want to leave, do you? Think of it. Nxla and his minions are fortified, but only recently. It is likely to still be weak so soon after its initial manifestation. There is even a pyramid analogue, in the form of a blood pillar. It’s as close to a dry run as you’re going to be able to get without tipping your hand. You’ve been thinking about this for a long time. Planning. Preparing. Don’t you want to see how all that effort would pay off, even if it is incomplete as yet?

Vheld is warming to the idea, and watches the others plans. Plus it will be a good opportunity to see how the rest of this mercenary rabble responds to such a situation. Perhaps they will have a useful role to play when the time comes, after all. He studiously ignores the arguments, particularly the family drama between Lahz and his father, but does chime in if his expertise is needed.
Lahz wrote:"and can someone tell me what a Blood Pillar is and why we care that they have one?"
”Essentially, it is a demonic repository for magical energy. Nxla’s followers could inflict all manner of unpleasantness with it.” And so could I. Vheld pauses and licks his lips. ”I will direct the assault against it. Be ready with any long-range support you have left.”

Aegis of No Retreat wrote:”Did you stop and wonder why there were no enemy reinforcements? No? I didn’t think so.”
”Yes, you did an excellent job keeping that undead horde from appearing out of nowhere and storming the temple so quickly we barely escaped with our lives.” Vheld says dryly.

Aegis of No Retreat wrote:”Psyscape has long sought, through channels official and not, to develop an alliance or at the very least an agreement of sorts with Stormspire. We have tried to appeal to the ‘greater good’ and that if Nxla enters this realm, there may be no Stormspire to rule over. But for whatever reason, time and time again, our pleas fell on deaf ears."
It’s all Vheld can do not to stare, agape, at this breathtaking display of naivete. Fucking knights. Aloud, Vheld’s voice is icy. ”You people are idealistic fools. Leave K’zaa to me.”

William Summers wrote:"If the two of you do not stop bickering, everyone on this planet will die. Please do shut up. Feel free to argue once we've saved the world. Now down to planning."
”Agreed. Settle your family drama on your own time, we have work to do.”

William Summers wrote:”Vheld is capable of transporting our entire unit. However, he should be preserving his magical energies for whatever battle is upcoming. The Roughnecks ATRV is equipped with enough space and speed to get this entire unit there if we push it at top speed. It won't be subtle but it will do the trick.”
Vheld shakes his head. ”I appreciate the concern, but with a sufficient amount of prep time here, the rift will pose no drain on my reserves in battle. If we can avail ourselves of the local ley line nexus, I believe that Stormspire can serve as an excellent staging area.

Vheld listens impassively to Will’s tactical breakdown. Aloud, he merely says [b]”Where is the blood pillar in relation to this map?”
Vheld frowns and considers the map. To Will, he replies ”The plan is sound from what I can tell. I shall lead a spearhead into their forces and attempt to link up with the division from psyscape, to provide magical support.” And I’m sure nothing whatsoever will go wrong having the Federation troops fight alongside the do-gooders.

Aloud, Vheld continues. ”This will require opening at least two rifts on either side of the battlefield- doable, but it will take time and the assistance of as many allied mages as possible. My greater concern at this juncture is with using our lead time most efficiently. As it stands, two factions in the area have yet to be convinced to lend support. In addition, most of our troops have not had a chance to rest or resupply.”

”I shall depart at once and go see K’zaa. I will endeavor to make the case to him that he should provide some material support for our effort, and secure the use of his local ley line nexus. Will, assemble a delegation to go to Dweomer- meet me at the nexus and I’ll rift you there. If Lahz and the others coordinate the resupply here, I can begin work on spellcasting. I shall need some assistants to go to the market place and buy up trinkets to turn into talismans. With luck, we can get everyone combat-ready in time to meet any reinforcements Dweomer can cobble together, and rift in.” All business, Vheld turns to Finn. ”What can you tell me about the ley lines in the vicinity of Black Mountain?”

Barring any objections to his plan, or further need for Q&A, Vheld stands and makes ready to depart. ”Time is short. I believe that mine is best used speaking with K’zaa. I shall take a few of our number with me to get me past his guards.” Turning to Wakiza, Vheld adds ”I think that having a cyber-knight with us might help convince K’Zaa. Care to join me?” To the others, he simply says ”Meet at the nexus later.” The shifter then abruptly departs.

Seeing a number of troops outside, Vheld does a quick visual scan. He approaches Ronan, Minerva, and (after some frowns and study) Zion. To each, he merely says ”You. Come with me.” Once they’re outside, Vheld grabs his minions and makes for K’zaa’s domicile. Along the way, he briefs the team. ”We are going to convince K’zaa that it is in his interest to expedite our prompt departure from the area. Unless we need to stage a coup, just focus on looking intimidating.” Once he’s near the nexus, Vheld will draw PPE and cast two glamours on himself- aura of power and charismatic aura ((-14 PPE)). If he has time, Vheld will also absently rub his neck and activate his psionic protection tattoo. Not likely to do much, but every little bit helps. When Vheld arrives at the guarded gates, he stares them down and, putting the full force of his will into his charismatic aura, states ”I require an audience with your master. Now.” Vheld will make it clear that he's not taking no for an answer, but will agree to reasonable stipulations regarding weapons and minions (including the crew he brought with him).
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Talismans: 2/3 on Vheld IA; 2/3 on Sil IA and FatE; 2/3 on Sshir, IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Saul » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:55 am

Perception Bonus: 32% /58% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 87

JIC: 1d20 = 8
1d100 = 99

Eventually, Saul begins to notice the antics of the old Seer. Taking him at first for a clown, he ntoices the others paying him attention and asking serious questions. A fool perhaps, or something to waste our time with.

The Seer wrote:”Asante sana squash banana.”


Saul seethes as he sees the human mimic his ape-like gait. "What do you mean b-" Suddenly the seer is upon him.

The Seer wrote:”Your mind is made. Destiny affixed. You will know the moment. Let them know the real you.”


The warmth from his palm, emanating through his chest and into the core of his being, strikes him like a thunderbolt, and he is taken aback before he can speak a word. His doubts have been - if not erased - at least set aside.

This is too important. There is no room for doubt. Doubt is a luxury for the safe. There is only time to act.

He looks at the others, desparately trying to make last-minute plans. Where a moment ago, he felt hopeless, he now feels a once-hidden strength. We are not the best this world has to throw against Nxla. But we will defeat him regardless.

OOC Comments
Did Saul gain any insight from his ruminations on the Blood Pillar in my previous post (results were successful) or not?
Saul
 

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Rocky » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:44 pm

Perception: 65%1d100 = 62
JIC d20: 1d20 = 12
JIC d100: 1d100 = 86

Conditions

OOC Comments
Crystal Armor 30 MDC + Force Field 70 MDC
Natural Ability
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% 1d100 = 14

• Range: 170’ To pinpoint location of a presence
• Duration: Constant
• Automatically sense all presences

Rocky listens to the Wak and the others on what is going on. He then speaks up, “You want a coordinated attack on this area, We, are just a little concern, and I speak, I thing for all the other companies here. That, we seem to be the cannon fodder because we are mercs and if there is no one left in the Company, well then, they don’t have to get paid. As it is right now, my team lost two of its members. So, I am looking from my point of view I have a mage, a newbie that can stop magic and the power of the mind. A robot that drives the jeep to get others around and me to go in and take out one area.”

“Now if I recall my earth history right there were a group of Spartans, 300 I believe, that went out to slow down their enemies so that the other nations could get their act together. Well we did that, and now we survived at least most of us. Now we hear, sorry we need you to take the remainders of your companies a strike again. Hell we aren’t cowards we know the threat is real. "

“Now, I came from Psyscape, and I know a little about its capabilities, I have seen other powerful nations here, on this earth, respond to threats. What it looks like we, represented in this room, are the only ones caring. So sorry they don’t want to sell us anything for fear that it might upset the monsters that will take over. I know my nation will bear the brunt of this, along with the Merc companies here today. It seems we have come up with a compelling request, to open up the stores so we can get needed supplies for our people to have a better chance of victory. So, what is your solution going to be?”

"And we have to get supplies and more help and we have a short time to do it. Now I can use a magic Spell Greater Rift two times today. But I should Save one to get us to a spot to attack."

"If Kazar is wants to have deniability, maybe you can talk him into letting us steal, some supplies. If things goes bad he can have some video evidence that we stole it . If we succeed he becomes a Hero and their weapons get free advertisement. "
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Wakiza » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:27 pm

Rolls and conditions as above

Vheld wrote: Barring any objections to his plan, or further need for Q&A, Vheld stands and makes ready to depart. ”Time is short. I believe that mine is best used speaking with K’zaa. I shall take a few of our number with me to get me past his guards.” Turning to Wakiza, Vheld adds ”I think that having a cyber-knight with us might help convince K’Zaa. Care to join me?” To the others, he simply says ”Meet at the nexus later.” The shifter then abruptly departs.

Wak simply nods to Vheld, "I will." Well this ought to be interesting. Vheld vs Kzaa, the Lizard-Mage, one of the more powerful creatures on the continent. Might be bad if he gets us killed before the main fight. Wak will follow Vheld out of the room and nods to Minerva (without a disapproving look on his face), Ronin and Zion. He follows him out of the building and towards Kzaa's residence. He keeps his hand resting on the hilt of Derilian and eyes the guards as Vheld makes his play.
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 219/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 76 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Zed » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:13 pm

Perception: 23% | 1d100 = 38
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 91

Conditions:
Emotions: Anxious, Focused
Energy Sphere: 300ppe


What have I gotten into… didn’t know I would be part of saving the entire world so soon away from home… If the three could see me now- I wonder if this is what they had seen and was why they sent me. I should be as prepared as I possibly can.

Zed makes certain all his gear is ready to move.
...................................
[The following invocations are done using the leyline]

Create Wood [10 ppe, soft]

He takes his knife and cuts that wood into 10-12 pieces half an inch or less[to the best of his ability] and marks them with letters to tell what is what later. He also drills/cuts a hole with the knife in the middle of each disc/piece, by first starting with the knife edge perpendicular to the surface and rotating it.

He cuts a 2-4 inch wide strip from the sheet in his bed saying aloud softly, “I will pay for the damage to this sheet.”

He piles the wood together and casts: Ironwood [50ppe at least but varies based on sdc of wood] to turn these pieces into MD material.

When that is done Zed takes two of the disks and Casts: Talisman (Invincible Armor) [1180ppe, 500ppe plus the price of the spell x3 all that doubled]

The remaining pieces he makes into ppe batteries, casts: Talisman [50ppe, times however many are left in that one piece of soft wood]

Once all that is done Zed runs the strip of sheet through the holes in the middle and ties the ends together with a butterfly knot. He adjusts it so it fits around his shoulder and under his arm like a bandolier, but tight enough that the disks don’t move or clank.
.................................
When this is all done he goes to speak with Wakiza. His intention is to take the remaining Fire Globes to their vehicle, two at a time, one in each hand to walk them down and find a stable place to store them inside it. Zed will explain what they are and how they are used and how any “accidental” discharges are impossible.

Contingencies:
The disks do not need to be perfect circles nor circles at all. Just 10-12 pieces with holes in them and turned MD
Zed will repeat the process of making an identical “bandolier” if time permits.
If another member would like a Fire Globe, Zed will part with them, he will try to keep at least three in the vehicle in the case of that.
Last edited by Zed on Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zed
 

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Augur » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:11 am

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image

Order of Battle
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Zed (Roughnecks; walking)
Zion (MARS)

Timeline: 10 weeks to end of JTFA. Last 8 weeks (max) dedicated to finale.

Stormspire
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 0420
Environmental Effects: 70°, night time/dark
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Stormspire

Wakiza wrote:Wak nods to Will, "Will, we have less than three hours and it is 4:15 in the morning, do you have the juice to get a group inside Dweomer, set a meeting with leadership, convince them to help, and mobilize them in under two hours? If not..."
Lahz wrote:"...with all due respect, Will, based on the maps previously provided, even if you cannot manage communication from here, you can still get to Dweomer in the time left. Even if all we do is drop you on a Wingboard alone, you could make it in what, two hours? The fact is based on their reputations, the Lords of Magic would jump to offer help on something like this, and their city has ample practitioners capable of then sending you on to meet up with the rest of us at Mount Doom or Black Mountain or whatever they wanna call it. Hell, maybe what we should be considering is making a top speed collective-trip to Dweomer..."
Vheld wrote:"Will, assemble a delegation to go to Dweomer- meet me at the nexus and I’ll rift you there. If Lahz and the others coordinate the resupply here, I can begin work on spellcasting. I shall need some assistants to go to the market place and buy up trinkets to turn into talismans. With luck, we can get everyone combat-ready in time to meet any reinforcements Dweomer can cobble together, and rift in."

Will wracks his brains as to how to accomplish all that's been set before him when the team from Magestar finally arrive. Will converses with Roland about his predicament, and Roland nods gravely. "You need to open a rift to Dweomer so that you can request the aid of the Lords of Magic on our behalf." Roland sighs. "When last I met with your teams, I advised you to pursue allies, but I did not expect for you to wait until the last moment. That was incredibly short-sighted. I hope whatever else you accomplished with your time was worth it. We can do as you request, but we'll have to leave the city to do it, and it will leave a few of us quite drained. Still, if the Lords of Magic could be brought to our aid, we'd be in a much stronger position to stop this threat. Follow me." Roland and the Magestar team, having just arrived, begin to depart for the outskirts of town. Seymour, Saul, and Zed follow Will's lead and the group make their way after a brief foray through the city to it's edge. There the Magestar team, with some help from Zed, quickly prepare a ritual on a clean patch of grass. In short order, they all join hands, a lengthy and powerful invocation is made, and the darkness of the early morning is rent asunder by a crackling, bluish white tear in the dimensional fabric of reality. On the other side is a sparkling, walled city of respectable proportions lit in the night exclusively by magic-powered lights.


The Magestar team, with Roland at their head, make their way back to the hotel near the heart of the city and arrive even more tired than when they first arrived. Roland's usually placid demeanor is gone, replaced by irritability from exhaustion. Anyone greeting him receives little more than a flat, tired glare from him unless it's a direction question requiring a response.

Dweomer (Seymour, Saul, Will, Zed)
Image
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 0500
Environmental Effects: 70°, night time/dark
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Dweomer

It doesn't take long for William to track down a person who he knows might be able to help, and, indeed, it's not long before he's able to rouse the huge sphinx from his nightly slumber. "I never forget a face. William, what brings you to disturb me at this hour? Are you here to collect on a bet that I no longer devour my students? You might be on the losing side of that bet if the reason is anything so trivial." To the others, the sphinx makes a curt bow. "I am Multhas, the Chancellor of the Defense Institute here at Dweomer. I wish I could say that I was pleased to make your acquaintance. William here, was once one of my charges. He is now jeopardizing his life for some reason, and this has piqued my curiosity." He looks down from his massive twelve feet of height upon Will, the splendor of the giant-sized apartment behind him lost as insignificant details before the imposing figure looming over them all.
Image
<<AoNR>>

Resupply (Lahz, Rocky, Mierin, Jack, Wolf)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 0430
Environmental Effects: 70°, night time/dark
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Stormspire


Wolf reaches out to John via comms and finds out the scout is currently trying to negotiate K'zaa's tower. The gunslinger silently hopes John is successful and manages to procure something useful when he hears the man hollar without any context.
John Altfeld wrote:"WHAT?!? NXLA is coming here earlier than everyone thought?!? We have to go right now or we're all dead?!? Okay, man! I'm on it!"


At Ronan's request, his quest for KLS ammunition is handed down to Lahz and Mierin. Like the others in the conference room, Mierin heard the Seer's enigmatic clues. The seer has no more information for Ronan about Moshte's willingness to part with the ammunition. Lahz authorizes Mierin to spend down her own funds and get reimbursed from the group funds later.

In the meantime, Lahz makes plans to travel to MercTown for a resupply if possible. Vheld's mission to access K'zaa's nexus becomes even more vital for these purposes.

[Mierin]
Mister Moshte is exactly where the Seer predicted he would be when Mierin arrives promptly at Cafe Lucca. He gives her a sidelong glance and an unconcerned shrug before entering the establishment to sounds of recognition. Without needing to say anything, the staff begin preparing Fedi's daily expresso. Upon spotting Mierin, they are pleasant and warm, "Welcome to Cafe Lucca. How may we serve you?"

GM reminder to Mierin
Please include relevant skill rolls to determine availability (which is in part how much ammunition Moshte is willing to part with. Kindly roleplay the dialogue to convince him as much as you can. Bonus ammo may be available if this is done well.


K’zaa/Nexus (Vheld, Ronan, Wakiza, Zion, Minerva, John)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 0430
Environmental Effects: 70°, night time/dark
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Stormspire


John Altfeld wrote:"WHAT?!? NXLA is coming here earlier than everyone thought?!? We have to go right now or we're all dead?!? Okay, man! I'm on it!"

John turns to the guards. "I don't know what you all have planned, and I apologize for 'eavesdropping,' but what direction were your last supply people coming from? Because everything is blowing up now and I probably passed them on the way here."

He waits for the guards to reply. "I can't say I hit every alley in that direction, but I definitely didn't see any 'shipments' coming this way when I went through that area. And you saw how fast I came in. I have to get out of here, but if you want to start packing in, I can stick around for 10 and let your buddies know if they show up during that time."

He looks off into the night, like a hero. "It's the least I can do."

The wilderness scout finds the guards unusually receptive to his offer. Whether it is the fortuitous nature of his timing or his animal magnetism, the youngest guard immediately leaps at the opportunity, "Perfect! It's a deal!" Despite the clear lack of authority the youngest guard has among the trio, the other two come to agree after a shared glance. It would seem they also had reservations in Tower K'zaa that they did not want to miss.

The three head off and John can visually confirm that they make it inside. John mans the station and is met with no additional shipments initially. By the end of the promised 10 minutes (0420), the activity around the tower has tapered off. The doors look closed and there appear to be minimal guards out, around, or on patrol.

Vheld concludes his conversation within the antechamber and commits to convincing K'zaa to allow him to utilize the nexus. He gathers some to assist (in looking intimidating) and heads out.

At 0425, Vheld reaches the guard station John currently occupies. Arriving soon after him are some frantic-looking guards (4 in total) with a pair of storage containers lashed together. Cursory observation will conclude that the TW device causing one of them to hover failed and the second is being used to compensate. But with such a jury-rigged solution, the guards travel at a significantly slower pace than usual and those present witness an erratic jerking of both crates to one side, likely a consequence of not being able to turn off the faulty TW device.

With the knowledge he has, John suspects these to be the missing shipments the trio of guards were talking about. These four must be having a really challenging time though and they are so busy fighting amongst themselves that they hardly notice John (or that he is not three Stormspire guards that typically occupy the checkpoint). Their arguments likewise result in losing track of time.

And at 0430, K'zaa's Tower disappears in spectacular fashion. The nexus pulses a moment, envelops the structure and collapses back on itself. Vheld's request becomes moot without even needing to confront the lizard mage.

Aftereffects
The disappearance of K'zaa's tower has an aftereffect on the nexus. Treat the nexus as a ley line for the next 2d4*10 = 30 minutes and ley lines in Stormspire as not ley lines for the same amount of time. After that time, the magic replenishes and treat as before.


GM NOTES:
  • Spook Squad: on which edge of the map is your group arriving?
  • on which edge of the map is the Psyscape squad arriving?
  • Roughnecks: on which edge of the map is your group arriving?
  • on which edge of the map is the True Federation squad arriving?
  • MARS: on which edge of the map is your group arriving?
  • on which edge of the map is the Magestar squad arriving?


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Jack Killian: -119 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-18 shots, Enhanced Perception; Psychic Body Field: 70/-61
John Altfeld:
Lahz: (Sustain active), -16 I.S.P.
Marauder PA: Mini-Missiles: EMPTY; LPC: 240 shots/-44 shots; WI-GL8: -33 silver shots; N-F50A Force Field: popped; 1 Secondary Optics/Camera destroyed
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Minerva: -75 I.S.P.; 35/35 M.D. Psionic Crystal Armor ; Psionic Force Field: 70/ ; Hyper-TK activated at 2030.5 (12 mins)
NE-ATRV:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Rocky: -50 I.S.P.; Intangible, Shadow Meld, Enhanced Reflexes; Thundergun: 6/-6 shots;
Ronan: Mega-Juicer Combat EBA & Armored Flight Suit: DESTROYED;
Saul: -26 P.P.E.; Wings: Fly as the Eagle @1930 (60 mins); Shadow Meld @2020 (10 mins); Sixth Sense active; -30 M.D.
Seymour:
Silhouette:
Slithn:
Sshir: -36 M.D.C.
Vheld: P.P.E. tracked in sig-line; -2 charges/invincible armor talisman; -16 S.D.C.
Wakiza: -100 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; EBA FF popped, -24 from P.P.E. Battery
William Summers: Lifeward on NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor;
Wolf Whitaker: .44 Mag: 6/-1 shot; NE-6SL: 6/-5 shots;
Zed: 177 P.P.E.; Energy Sphere: 300 P.P.E.
Zion: -80 ISP
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5690
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby John Altfeld » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 71
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 17

John smiles and waves at the other members of JTFA, then walks over to the four struggling guards, giving them a cursory salute. "Hi guys, before your buddies ran into the tower, they said that we should take charge of this late shipment to help fight Nxla. That's where we're going. To save the world."

He looks them up and down. "You can come with us, if you want. It's your asses on the line too, now."

Trust (John is talking sense, join JTFA!): 1d100 = 74 / 35%
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Vheld » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:01 am

JIC: 1d20 = 7, 1d100 = 81
PER: 1d100 = 51 vs. 76%
Conditions
[*]Aura of power (No saving throw, Vheld appears to be level 13, 50% stronger, adds 3 to MA, 20min remaining)
[*]Charismatic aura (+8 PB, successful deception, 120ft. radius, save vs. 18 or better, 30min)
[*]Psionic save tattoo (Impervious to mind control, +3 to save vs. psionic attacks of all kinds, 30min remaining)
[*]Nexus proximity- triple range, duration, damage of spells, draw 20 PPE per melee, +2 save vs. magic/HF, +1 spell strength)

Charismatic aura successful deception- 1d100 = 4 vs. 80%
To convince the guards to part with the supplies.

Availability and Rarity Rolls
I figure these probably aren't necessary as trinkets qualify as common, but to expedite:
Trust/intimidate: 1d100 = 28 vs. 84% (boosted via aura of power)
Lore: Demon/Monster: 1d100 = 65 vs. 99%
Research: 1d100 = 53 vs. 59%


After his rush to get to the tower, Vheld feels a flash of irritation as it disappears. How anticlimactic. The shifter briefly toys with the idea of trying to mess with K’zaa’s dimensional magic, or possibly opening a rift to follow him, but ultimately decides that it isn’t worth the effort. The have the nexus, and apparently some supplies ripe for the taking.

As he sees John talking to the guards Vheld walks up confidently and, without slowing down, states matter-of-factly ”Ah, good, our shipment has arrived. Sshir, bring it to the others then return.” Assuming the deevil is strong enough to carry the loot (otherwise, Vheld will add Ronan to his “request”), Vheld will concentrate on his charismatic aura spell to try and convince the guard(s) that his team is the rightful owner of the supplies and they will not get in trouble for letting Vheld take it. If necessary, Vheld won’t hesitate to apply fear and intimidation instead, but he recognizes that deception offers the best chance for a clean escape.

Irritated that the nexus has been rendered inaccessible, Vheld nonetheless does what he can while he waits for it to return to normalcy. If there is a curio shop or someplace similar nearby that sells trinkets suitable for talismans, Vheld will grab a handful. He will then get to work as outlined here. After he has completed the basics (recharging talismans and his energy sphere) Vheld will complete any additional talismans requested (currently only an invincible armor talisman for Wolf). Then, it will be time for summoning.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Talismans: 2/3 on Vheld IA; 2/3 on Sil IA and FatE; 2/3 on Sshir, IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Lahz » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:05 am

OOC: Butchers Bill Update: Marauder Laser Pulse Cannon: 240/240 shots (all regenerated), N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 (recharged)

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 91 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: 1d100 = 93

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Calm] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder PA, Sustain (18 Days)

ISP: 165/221
Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 30




After the breakup of the general meeting, Lahz proceeds back down to the garage and loads into the Marauder for a systems check [Weapons Systems 88%: 1d100 = 30], When the Magestar folks begin arriving he offers a mechanical hand-wave, "Good early early morning to you Roland. Do you have a radio frequency you would like to share so we can get people on common communications? ... How many troops do you have? Where are you guys coming from? Do you know when the Dunscon folks are getting here? Do you have any needed repairs? We have some capacity in that area and if it is needed I'd rather fix stuff now rather than with NXLA screaming in our heads ..."

Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 71%: 1d100 = 29 -examine gear
Appraise Goods 93%: 1d100 = 13 - examine gear
Charm 45%: 1d100 = 3

Once he obtains whatever information he is able, and uses his UMEC to Repair any allied forces Armor or Gear as needed, Lahz opts not to stay for Roland's inevitably predictable and scornful follow-up remarks. Instead he turns to walk off up the street towards where the Stormspire tower previously was.

When he encounters Vheld and the others he offers a wave, ""Any luck with K'Zaa? … No Browska eh? I lost Tony. Can I borrow that big hammer?
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Mierin » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 64 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 20

Rolls
OOC Comments
Find Contraband, Weapons, Cybernetics 1d100 = 12, 1d100 = 16, 1d100 = 93 (74%)
Intelligence 1d100 = 63, 1d100 = 46, 1d100 = 4 (85%)
Streetwise 1d100 = 20, 1d100 = 22, 1d100 = 58 (77%)
Trust 1d100 = 38, 1d100 = 27, 1d100 = 83 (30%)
Charm 1d100 = 51, 1d100 = 28, 1d100 = 57 (15%)


Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare
Sustain – duration: 20 days

Mierin has to expend a lot of effort to not snort derisively and roll her eyes at Will's speech. Could he BE any more of a Boy Scout? Yeah, let's rush in unprepared. That sounds like a great idea! However, since she's apparently gotten what she wanted, Mierin doesn't say anything, not wanting the argument between Lahz and his father to continue.

At any subsequent close of the meeting when approached by Ronan, Lahz shrugs, "Vheld has a boatload of stuff he was going to try and prep. Queen is good at convincing people to look hard to accommodate her though ... but you have about 20 minutes to get that done." He will then look over to Mierin, "Handle the cost, I will drop group funds to you when we next have access."


Mierin nods at Lahz. “No problem.” After listening the Seer, Mierin heads out to see if she get the ammo that Ronan wants for his gun.


Mister Moshte is exactly where the Seer predicted he would be when Mierin arrives promptly at Cafe Lucca. He gives her a sidelong glance and an unconcerned shrug before entering the establishment to sounds of recognition. Without needing to say anything, the staff begin preparing Fedi's daily espresso. Upon spotting Mierin, they are pleasant and warm, "Welcome to Cafe Lucca. How may we serve you?"


As Mierin heads to the Cafe, she considers how to approach Mr Moshete. A lot was riding on this and she wanted to make sure the team were as equipped as possible. This fight isn't going to be a walk in the park. Ronan needed this ammo and she figured he wouldn't have asked for it unless it gave him and, hopefully, the rest of the team an advantage. Given that they are under a serious time crunch, Mierin decides to simply be honest and level with him. At no point had anyone told her that what was happening was a secret. Mierin politely relies to the staff. ”I'd like a black coffee and 2 blueberry scones please.” Mierin pays for the food and coffee and heads over to where Mr. Moshete is. Mierin asks him, ”I hope you'll forgive me for bothering you this early, but I have a very urgent request. May I join you?”

Assuming he agrees, Mierin sits down. "Please accept this blueberry scone as a token of appreciation of your time." Taking a sip of her black coffee, Mierin explains, doing her best to impart the severity of the situation, trying to be as discreet as she possibly could, given the nature of the news she was about to deliver.. ”I'm part of a group trying to destroy an ancient evil , Nxla, whose goal it is to bring hell with to this planet, killing millions and enslaving whichever poor saps survive. As I understand it, you have a cache of ammunition for a KLS RG-15X Electromagnetic Rail-gun. We only have 4 hours until Nyxla performs his ritual, which is why I'm approaching you at this ungodly hour of the morning with a blueberry scone. What I'd like to do is purchase as much of the ammo that you have tht you're willing to spare. One of my teammates has a use for this ammo and anything you can spare will help take us closer to succeeding in our task. “ Mierin pauses and waits for Moshete's reply.
Last edited by Mierin on Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Wakiza » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 34 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 36

Conditions:
-Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee);
-Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry)
-Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle);
-Combat Acrobatics.
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Wak just shakes his head as the the tower disappears, He looks at Vheld, Wonder if that is good or bad? The lizard mage is gambling that others can defeat the threat without his having to waste any resources of his own. Well almost any. Wak follows Vheld's play and walks right up to the guards, "Thanks for the gear! Are you coming with us to fight Nxla and his band of dead, or are you running off to meet up with your boss. Seems he left a little early." Wak has one hand on the hilt of his sword and the other touching his Widow-Maker heavy plasma pistol. "Don't worry our guys can can carry this back with no difficulty." Wak puts himself between the crates and the guards. Wak will use Empathic Charisma to dismiss the guards if things look like they are going south.

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 42 / 60%
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 219/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 76 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby William Summers » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 25/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 60

Conditions
  • SDC: 62/62
  • HP: 60/60
  • Ley Line Proximity: Double range/duration/damage, Will can draw 10PPE/melee. Double magic weapon damage/range.
  • Personal PPE: 27/178
  • Captured PPE: 356/356. 60/60 minutes
  • NE-BA-50 Raider Heavy Body Armor:
    • Helmet: 80
    • Arms: 55 each
    • Legs: 80 each
    • Main Body: 140
    • Lifeward: BoM pg 121
    • Must spend 20% more PPE to cast spells
    • Additional Effects: - 61-80% Reduce both range and duration of the spell by 20%.


Anteroom:

Lahz wrote:Lahz's tone is almost serene as he responds to the thickly-built-and-bearded magus, "Although a master-psychic, I am differently gifted than those who swing a psi-blade and have no capacity to directly harm these things with any of my mental powers, so maybe I don't belong on your list of folks to get to the party. However, with all due respect Will based on the maps previously provided, even if you cannot manage communication from here you can still get to Dweomer in the time left ... even if all we do is drop you on a Wingboard alone you could make it in what, 2 hours? The fact is based on their reputations, the Lords of Magic would jump to offer help on something like this, and their city has ample practitioners capable of then sending you on to meet up with the rest of us at Mount Doom or Black Mountain or whatever they wanna call it ..."

"Three hours for this kind of mission is pushing it. But you're not wrong. We do need more help. I'll bring a few of us mages along to stress the point and be back before you can say 'Larmac's your uncle'."

Wakiza wrote:Wak nods to Will, "Will, we have less than three hours and it is 4:15 in the morning, do you have the juice to get a group inside Dweomer, set a meeting with leadership, convince them to help, and mobilize them in under two hours? If not, ..."

"To save the world? I've got the juice to do anything."

Conference Room:

Once the meeting is over, he chats with Roland about how to get numerous persons to Dweomer. When the Magestar crew offers to ritualize a rift for them, Will wastes no time in gathering Saul, Seymour and Zed. "Follow me. We have a world to save. We're going home to get help. We're going to Dweomer." When the rift materializes, Will steps through last with a degree of hesitation. Will they even welcome me in? If it weren't for the end of the world, would I be asking them for anything?

Dweomer:

The shimmer of magic inherent in Dweomer raises Will's spirits, if only for a moment. "Welcome to Dweomer, gents." He walks forward for 15 seconds, taking in the sights and early morning quiet, until he remembers his purpose. He begins to look for someone, anyone who can help him find the Sphinx. Once in the presence of the Sphinx, Will signals for the other three to hang back slightly. He steps forward and then gives the Dweomer Battle Mage Salute. "Chancellor Multhas, I have not come to be eaten nor have I come for anything trivial. Rather, to inform you of a battle so great as to require the greatest of your students aid. In two hours time, a world ending threat will materialize on this plane of existence. A god of the undead with an until now secret army of necromancers and soul-thieves. We have a squad of powerful fighters, as well as the assistance of delegations from Psyscape, Magestar and Dunscon. We need more. I have already perished once fighting this threat and I am prepared to do so again in order to save the realm. This is not a threat that can be avoided and it will find Dweomer if Dweomer is not there to stop it. Can we count on your assistance?" (Charm: EP Crit)
The Man in Black


Ledger
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Ronan » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:08 am

JiC: 1d100 = 94 / 1d20 = 7
Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 92

Invoke Trust [29%]: EP Critical Success (Invoke the trust of the retired soldier, soldier to soldier conversation)

As the tower vanishes, Ronan looks to Vheld. "Alright, I'm going to see if I can catch Mister Moshte and Mierin; thank you in advance for the talismans." Ronan remarks and will then take off at his full run speed, covering a mile every eight minutes and not slowly due to his superior endurance, he hurries to the Cafe as quickly as possible to catch Mieirin and Mr. Moshte; his KLS in hand.

Arriving as quickly as possible, and hopefully in time to join the conversation with Mr. Moshte. He'll ask for a glass of water and at the Cafe and when he sees Mierin with Mr. Moshte sitting at the Cafe, he'll move to join them, KLS slung across his chest.

"Good morning, Mr Moshte. My name is Ronan Deshe; allow me to start by saying that a Seer has sent us to you, and that I am a soldier from another world. " Ronan begins, holding nothing back and glancing to Mierin who may disapprove of his beginning openness to the stranger. I've got nothing to hide, and am not ashamed to ask for help when I need it. He thinks to himself before continuing. "I'm under the impression that such travelers are far more common on this planet than I would expect, but I come from a place where the idea of magic is a fairy tale at best, the idea of being transported to another world or.." he glances at Mierin in a brief pause as he remembers what William and Vheld told him. "..dimension, is unheard of. This is not by my choice." He says solemnly, taking a pause as he takes a drink of water.

"I was a member of a special drop unit of the fleet; we dropped behind enemy lines and established foot holds for our forces. It was during one such drop that the unthinkable happened and I was sent here instead. She, " he nods to Mierin in kind before continuing, "and her crew were kind enough to take me in and not leave me; and I suspect my own team did not survive the drop." He continues, his voice low as he's actually saying what he's been thinking this whole time. He takes a breathe and continues. "And now, even though I know there are methods to return home, I cannot. Not because those methods aren't available to me, for I am sure if I looked hard enough they would be, but because I have been thrust into a crossroads where I can make a difference and even if I die; I die knowing that it was doing something beyond just myself, that I carried the honor and strength of my former team with me to the death and I took some of these bastards with me." He continues, his soldier side starting to show more as he pats his KLS rifle.

"The seer told me you used one weapon such as this, and it shouldn't surprise me now knowing that there are multiple.. uh, dimensions, that this type of weapon might've circulated. I was the only one in my Fleet to have it, and it has served me well. Regrettably, on my landing, all of my spare ammunition and equipment was destroyed; I'm lucky it survived the crash. With the looming threat over this world, I do not have the time to seek an arms maker to make me new rounds, but I do have the time to seek out a fellow soldier. Even at this hour when none but those who have conditioned their body and mind to be awake before all others." He says, nodding his head lightly towards Moshte, a soldier's nod, before finishing. "The seer did tell me you had ammunition, and that you are retired. I would never seek to take all of your resources, so with that in mind, and the looming threat, I ask of you; are you willing to part with any of your spare ammunition? We will pay for it." He finishes, looking to Mierin for approval in his final statement.

Shit, Queen basically just got my whole sob story. Hopefully she doesn't think less of me for it, but I needed to lay it out for this man.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe | Venenifer
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Lahz » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:16 am

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD





OOC: In the interest of consolidating and moving things along, in the event that Rocky opts to use his Teleport Ring as indicated here, Lahz will gladly accompany him and hopefully bring back whatever is needed from various Group HQ's including any missiles/armaments requested:

Merctown_Dash
FROM Spooks' Lockup/Armory
Unsecured Universal Cards: 1,588,000 credits (1/17/19 Augur)
(2) Acid TW Grenades
(3) Doorbuster TW Grenades
(3) Flashfire TW Grenades
(1) Seeker-Bat TW Grenades
(1) Sleep TW Grenades

From Rocky's Room
2x MageFire TW Nexus Grenade
  • Range: P.S. >20: 100', P.S. 20+: 200', SN P.S.: 300'
  • Damage: 55% chance of closing a rift and does 1D6x10 M.D. to 500' AoE
    (does damage whether the Rin closes or nOl).
  • Payload: Single use TW item
  • Weight: .5 lb.
  • Features: after pin is pulled, user has five seconds to throw it before it detonates
TW Characteristics:
  • TW Functions:
    • Turns the invisible visible & Knocks TW flying devices out of the air
    • 40% chance of negating any Ley Line Magic spell & 50% chance to dispel magic barrier
  • Book Reference: p.151, MercOps


2x MageFire TW Void Grenade
  • Range: P.S. >20: 100', P.S. 20+: 200', SN P.S.: 300'
  • Damage: per TW function, 5' AoE
  • Payload: Single use TW item; unleashes a 3rd level strength (Bottomless Pit) spell effect
  • Weight: 1 lb.
  • Features: after pin is pulled, user has five seconds to throw it before it detonates
TW Characteristics:
  • TW Functions: Victim is removed from scene; when victim reappears, disoriented for 1D4+1 melee rounds (-1 APM, and -50% to Spd, combat bonuses, and skills)
  • Book Reference: p.151-152, MercOps


Crystal Assault Rifle
Image
  • Range: 2,000'
  • Damage: 4D6 M.D. + Psionic Paralyzation
  • Rate of Fire: single shots only
  • Payload: 40 shots per Crystal Cell or 8 I.S.P. per shot
  • Weight: 6 lbs.
  • Features:
    • Psionic Paralyzation: save vs lethal toxins or paralyzed for 1D4 melees
      • On a failed roll of 5<, a save vs coma/death is required (see book)
  • Modifiers: Must be a psionic to use
  • Book Reference: p.128, DB2



FROM Roughnecks' Lockup/Armory
(5) Heavy Fusion Blocks
(20) AP Mini-Missiles


At the Haunt, the Elf does not even attempt to stop for what would end up being a drawn out follow-up goodbye with his wife and daughter. He wants to, but there just is no time to spare, the last one will have to be enough for her. Lahz will have Kit drive them around in the Squad Car (hoverjeep) from HQ to HQ, lamenting the fact that the vehicle cannot be brought back due to weight constraints.


Upon return, Lahz will reload minimissiles into the Marauder for the upcoming battle (putting him @ 20/20).
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:25 am

Perception: 1d100 = 24/24%
JIC: 1d20 = 2;1d100 = 50


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
[list][*]HF: 10 (When threatening or being attacked)



Wolf watches the meeting break up and the people go their separate ways. Wolf smiles at John's response over the radio. Heh, good luck John. He must be in front of the tower...Lets hope he has better luck then you did...I think my luck is fairly good...Ya, sure. You very likely instigated future problems for us. That being said future problems will be acceptable as long as we can still have them. I do not look forward to this conflict...Ya me neither. Looks like we will have to do what we can.

Wolf will key his radio, "You got that right John. Let me know if you need assistance."

Wolf will be waiting next to his horse for the group designated for resupply. He is sipping on a small cup of wine. When they show signs of looking to move out, Wolf will cork the wine bottle and place it into his saddle bags and comment, "So where are we heading?" Why do I feel so tired?...It's almost over. We can rest when we are done...I know. Just have to keep going. We'll See this through.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Saul » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:00 am

Perception Bonus: 32% /58% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 85

JIC: 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 55

Will wrote: "Follow me. We have a world to save. We're going home to get help. We're going to Dweomer."


Saul stands immediately and gathers his gear. This is Will - the one they said died. Vheld - the dark one - managed to resurrect him. Powerful magic indeed. Between Will, who is present, and Vheld, whose effects are obvious and immutable - where Will goes, there goes evidence of Vheld's power - Saul feels hopelessly outclassed, and a biting voice deep inside asks him 'what do they need you for, ape?'

Dweomer Group

Saul enters the rift to Dweomer with the others, and the familiar sights and smells of that magical city assail his senses. It is a feeling of, if not so much home, then at least a near-home.

Dweomer... I lived here many years, pursuing my studies. Serving in the militia. I was one of but a handful of mystics pursuing education here - all of us were told we were crazy, and, to be fair, all of the other ones were. To study formally that which we can gain naturally seems a waste of time, and I can see why.

My dissertation on the use of focused meditation to guide the path of one's development, however, is seminal - or at least I feel it so - so at least my time here was not wasted. Unfortunately... my power cannot compare to those high mages who reside in this city, nor will it ever. I only hope that I have some value to contribute. Some role to play.


Will wrote:"Welcome to Dweomer, gents."


Saul nods. "A welcome home, for me. I dwelt here many years, honing my abilities and studying formally. I served for a time in the militia, as well."

Saul accompanies the others to Chancellor Multhas' presence. Saul instinctively salutes, recognizing his superior - in both military and magecraft senses of the word.

Multhas wrote:"I am Multhas, the Chancellor of the Defense Institute here at Dweomer. I wish I could say that I was pleased to make your acquaintance. William here, was once one of my charges. He is now jeopardizing his life for some reason, and this has piqued my curiosity."


Saul bows. "Dr. Atticus Solomon, Graduate of the Institute - it is an honor to make your acquaintance, sir. Though I did not take any of your classes I did study with some of the protege's in your department in the Practicum course."

Invoke Trust: 55% 1d100 = 30 (SUCCESS)

Saul stands 'at ease' during William's plea for aid, knowing it better to have but one spokesperson, and not all to be clamoring for aid simultaneously. Multhas has but little patience, and none to spare for fools. Still - he has a tactician's mind, so surely he must realize that should we fail, the danger will present itself upon Dweomer's doorstep before long. To ignore this plight would be an abrogation of the oath we, all of us in the militia, swore - to defend Dweomer with all craft and ingenuity, even unto our deaths. I pray he sees the sense in this.
Saul
 

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Rocky » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:29 pm

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 68
JIC d20: 1d20 = 7 / d100: 1d100 = 76

Rocky talks to Lahz and the others, “I can get us to Merctown quickly. I can teleport us there outside the city gate. Call the Agency that sent us on this run and have them get some shops open. I know we at MARS have 45 silver rounds, a bunch, over 200 and some silver. I have to CFT shooters and the Thundergun. We have a TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower, V-81 Volcano Mark I Plasma Discharger, a Jolt gun, and a staff of life might come in handy."
"Now carrying the stuff back that is the problem, I think the weight on the spell is limited, it isn’t opening a rift where we can drive a vehicle through.”

Rocky checks with his ring, We can do this right? The greater Teleport you mention was what I was thinking. Not sure the lesser Teleport can do it. Any thoughts from you. Like I might be able to take a look at the gates using my power of the mind, Need a photo or video to make sure we don't pop in to anything solid.

When ready Rocky Pictures the front gate area and off to one side, tries 99% 1d100 = 42
OOC Comments
The mage can teleport himself alone, or other people and objects within 20 feet (6.1 m) of him. The total number of people and items which the mystic can teleport is limited by the amount of weight he can handle (1,000 lbs l450 kg per level of experience). The following tables indicate the chance of a success and the results of a failed teleport. Ring is at level 10 so about 5 tons, and 3000 miles
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Jack Killian » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:42 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 68
JIC d20: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 14

Jack speaks to Minerva, “Looks like we are separating for a short time, we will get back together.” He wants to give her a kiss and is waiting for her to whisper into his head to go ahead.

He will then go with Rocky and crew.
“Rocky you said you have silver 45 cals, Well I could use a bunch of those for my Thompson.”

He looks to Lahz “Lahz is there a way to beef those up? maybe coat grenades with silver?”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Lahz » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:04 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD


Jack Killian wrote:He looks to Lahz “Lahz is there a way to beef those up? maybe coat grenades with silver?”


Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 71%: 1d100 = 99 (OOC: Wow even if it was possible, Lahz wouldn't think so)

Lahz frowns just a bit within his helm before offering a chagrined shake of the head, "It's possible but not in the time we have. That said our D-Bee-Soldier-Addition seems to have developed some kind of silver-based-powers. Not totally sure of the extent, but we of the power but when we get back from Merctown we can have him give it a shot."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Minerva » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 24/54%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 99

Minerva, bored with the conference room shenanigans, is relieved when Vheld gives her something to do. "Intimidating. That I can do."

She accompanies Vheld to the tower, only to have it disappear as they arrive. The arrival of the crates is fortuitous however and Minerva assists in whatever way is necessary to ensure the team gets the package. If assistance is needed in carrying them, Minerva will transform into her supernatural state to lift the boxes.
Grace Minerva
Ledger

  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)

Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Zed » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:20 am

Perception: 23% | 1d100 = 1
JiC d20/d100:  1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 84
 
Conditions:
Emotions: Anxious, Focused
Energy Sphere: 300ppe
 
Zed is home… a touch exhausted… but home. Years spent exploring Dweomer on days he was not doing studies, and after training as a High Magi- this place has been good to him.

"We are home." The High Magi says with a big smile, and a deep breath in response to Will. Caught up in nostalgia he does not notice the Sphinx's approach. When Saul speaks he looks over at him, trying to jog his memory.

Where have I heard that name...

The Timneh Salutes when Will and Saul do, out of a learned response. He stands at ease as well while his senior, Will, speaks.

[ooc: In rank structure, officers “technically” out rank regular enlisted, no matter their stripes, but there is an unwritten rule that states something to the effect of, honorable experience and time in service supercedes formalities. Think Sargeant Major vs 1st Lieutenant (aka butter bar).]

Zed listens closely without interrupting.

I wonder if we can get two automatons, Will and I can pilot them, and like they are meaning, Dweomer is affected by this threat, maybe not now, but SURELY sooner than later.
Zed
 

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Zion » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:02 am

Perception: 1d100 = 6 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 77
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Mind Block-Auto Defense, Null Void, Psi Nullification, Sense Supernatural (300'/ 1200') WB12, pg30, Radiate Nature (12'/ 100') WB12, pg30

Zion watches with an inquisitive look as the four guards approach. He lets John approach first, then Zion will slowly walk up to the side and join in their conversation. He walks closeness enough to allow his calming nature to reach them, hanif they were not psychic. "Fer sure mon. We could use all da help we tin get. We're all in dis toget'her." Zion smiles and does his best to look friendly and warm. He looks back and the others and gestures slightly towards them. Hope day don't get mad wit us axing dem ta help. We do need dare help and what's ever in dem boxes. Zion will help where he can with the cargo.
Zion
 

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Aegis of No Retreat » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:06 am

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image

Order of Battle
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Zed (Roughnecks; walking)
Zion (MARS)

Timeline: 9 weeks to end of JTFA. Last 7 weeks (max) dedicated to finale.

Dweomer (Seymour, Saul, Will, Zed)
Image
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 0510
Environmental Effects: 70°, night time/dark
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Dweomer

Will signals for the other three to hang back slightly. Saul bows. "Dr. Atticus Solomon, Graduate of the Institute. it is an honor to make your acquaintance, sir. Though I did not take any of your classes I did study with some of the protege's in your department in the Practicum course." Zed salutes when Will does so, then stands at ease as well while his senior, Will, speaks. Zed listens closely without interrupting. Will steps forward and gives the Dweomer Battle Mage Salute. "Chancellor Multhas, I have not come to be eaten nor have I come for anything trivial. Rather, to inform you of a battle so great as to require the greatest of your students aid. In two hours time, a world ending threat will materialize on this plane of existence. A god of the undead with an until now secret army of necromancers and soul-thieves. We have a squad of powerful fighters, as well as the assistance of delegations from Psyscape, Magestar and Dunscon. We need more. I have already perished once fighting this threat and I am prepared to do so again in order to save the realm. This is not a threat that can be avoided and it will find Dweomer if Dweomer is not there to stop it. Can we count on your assistance?"

"Well met and received, gentlemen." Multhas gives Saul and Zed a polite nod then turns his gaze upon William. Multhas' wings tuck in close by his sides, his tail snaps audibly, the mane of fur beneath his neck expands in volume, and his thick brows furrow. "You chose an inauspicious time to lodge a formal diplomatic request." Multhas' brow somehow manages to knit together even tighter as his eyes bore into Will's own with a penetrating stare that brooks not a blink. After a solid five minutes of this stare-down, Multhas nods. "A team of my best students will meet you atop the Black Mountain at the designated time. The Soulharvesters will not succeed. Now, leave this place, Summers. You have a rendezvous with destiny, and I have a group of volunteers to rouse to this challenge." The doors behind them swing open, and Multhas simply turns around to tend to his business content to let them see themselves out.

Resupply (Lahz, Rocky, Mierin, Jack, Wolf)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 0500
Environmental Effects: 70°, night time/dark
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Stormspire


[Cafe Lucca - Mierin & Ronan]

Mierin's approach is met with a gracious gesture for her to join him and a look of gratitude on Mr. Moshte's face as he savors the proffered blueberry scone. Mierin's initial assessment of the former soldier as she lays out the situation is pretty straightforward. The man is likely in his mid to late fifties and has many wrinkle lines to match his salt and pepper hair.

"Ah, world-ending ancient evil," Fedi echoes, leaning back slightly in his seat. His demeanor still maintains a soldier's vigilance and Mierin suspects that he understands the seriousness of the dilemma, but is trying to gauge whether Mierin herself is trustworthy. "The ammunition is, as you say, rare. And I do have some in storage. I cannot say whether they are still in fighting condition though as I have not fired that weapon for over a decade."

Ronan arrives on-site to see Mierin already seated with Mr. Moshte. She is leaning in, demonstrating rapt attention to the man's words and he seems to be enjoying his favorite treat with his breakfast. Grabbing a token item from the counter, Ronan swoops in to add to the conversation.

The Arismal's countenance (and the sight of a well-maintained KLS-RG-15X) seems to capture Fedi's gaze. As Ronan's story progresses, Mr. Moshte slowly begins to nod along. The plight of one professional seems to find harmony with the other.

"I appreciate your offer to buy the ammo. I've got a family and mouths to feed, so can't just give it away or else I would." Fedi chuckles lightly, "In fact, if I were twenty years younger, I might just suit up and join you in trying to save the world. But I fear these aching bones won't do much good on the battlefield these days." A glimmer of the 'glory' days of his youth shimmer in Mr. Moshte's eyes for a moment.

After the moment passes, Fedi grabs a nearby napkin, produces a writing utensil from his tactical cargo pants and begins sketching what looks like a rough map with landmarks. "My KLS ammunition is buried in a metal ammo tin beneath a drooping willow tree on my homestead. I figure if you are in a rush, you'll be able to dig it up faster than I can. I'm asking for 8,000 credits for each fully loaded 12-shot helical magazine, there are three. And 500 credits per loose round. If you are on the mission you say you are, it's all or nothing." Mr. Moshte finishes matter-of-factly, then takes a long sip of his morning brew.

KLS ammunition
3 full magazines and 1d8*10 = 80 loose ADPS rounds. Selling it at twice the base price: 8,000 credits per fully loaded helical magazine (12 rounds in each: 2,000 empty mag + (12*500=6000) = 8000), 500 per loose ADPS round. UG, feel free to self-modify Ronan's equipment and Mierin's cred-stick to reflect purchase.


Should Ronan and Mierin agree to the terms, they find the ammunition buried as the napkin described. It doesn't take too long for them to dig it up and return to their Stormspire base with their winnings.

[Conference Room/MercTown Supply Teleportation Run: Lahz, Rocky, Jack, Wolf]

For those remaining in the conference room. Discussion revolves around equipping the squads. A proposal of heading to MercTown to resupply at the mercenary groups' bases is met with a suggestion by Rocky to use his runic ring to facilitate teleportation.

Using a photo as the anchor to return to Stormspire, Rocky and Lahz manage to return to MercTown, quickly gather up some goods from the Haunt and MARS base and return uneventfully.

Items desired as part of MercTown Dash successfully acquired.

K’zaa/Nexus (Vheld, Ronan, Wakiza, Zion, Minerva, John)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 4, 111 P.A.
Time: 0440
Environmental Effects: 70°, night time/dark
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Stormspire


John approaches the bickering group of guards and flashes an attempt at a winning smile. His explanation is met by trepidation by two, and when the other two notice the absence of their destination (K'zaa's Tower), they make a break for it, running away in the opposite direction.

"Uh... I'm not sure, we need to see paperwork..." one of the remaining two guards begins, forcing the words out through what sounds like chattering teeth.

Vheld subsequently makes the decision easy for them, ordering one of his demonic minions to secure the crates. Sshir grins wickedly and steps menacingly toward the shipment, causing chatter-guard to drop his TW-modified L-20 rifle and likewise make a run for it. The final guard retains his composure. Those of you who have a military background notice markings of seniority on this guard's armor ((not a ranking per se, but victory notches/stamps from battles fought, enemies defeated)). Standing up to the imposing canine humanoid, he manages a sigh and a mutter of resignation, "Alright, make it look good.". In the blink of an eye, Sshir happily obliges, rending a set of claw marks with an upward swipe and then open hand striking with his other hand, sending the guard flying backwards onto his back. Happy for the moment of carnage, Sshir smiles broadly, showing his oversized canines. The guard coughs a moment then plays possum for however long it takes for everyone to depart.

By now, Wakiza and Zion have noticed the clear lack of need to employ any psychic energy or even project intimidation or camaraderie toward securing the shipment.

Shipment Contents
  • (x2) TW Food & Water Purifier (WB26 pg. 96)
  • (x6) TW Animal Repellent (WB26 pg. 96)
  • (x4) TW Lantern Poles (WB26 pg. 97)
  • (x2) TW Watchguard Poles (WB26 pg. 99)
  • (x1) TW Water Well (WB26 pg. 99)
  • (x2) Lightning Axe (BoM pg. 319)
  • (x4) Lightning Rod (BoM pg. 320)
  • (x3) Xiticix Hooked Short Sword (WB23 pg. 78)
  • (x6) Xiticix Spear (WB23 pg. 79)



GM NOTES:
  • Spook Squad: on which edge of the map is your group arriving?
  • on which edge of the map is the Psyscape squad arriving?
  • Roughnecks: on which edge of the map is your group arriving?
  • on which edge of the map is the True Federation squad arriving?
  • MARS: on which edge of the map is your group arriving?
  • on which edge of the map is the Magestar squad arriving?


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Jack Killian: -119 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-18 shots, Enhanced Perception; Psychic Body Field: 70/-61
John Altfeld:
Lahz: (Sustain active), -16 I.S.P.
Marauder PA: Mini-Missiles: EMPTY; LPC: 240 shots/-44 shots; WI-GL8: -33 silver shots; N-F50A Force Field: popped; 1 Secondary Optics/Camera destroyed
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Minerva: -75 I.S.P.; 35/35 M.D. Psionic Crystal Armor ; Psionic Force Field: 70/ ; Hyper-TK activated at 2030.5 (12 mins)
NE-ATRV:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Rocky: -50 I.S.P.; Intangible, Shadow Meld, Enhanced Reflexes; Thundergun: 6/-6 shots;
Ronan: Mega-Juicer Combat EBA & Armored Flight Suit: DESTROYED;
Saul: -26 P.P.E.; Wings: Fly as the Eagle @1930 (60 mins); Shadow Meld @2020 (10 mins); Sixth Sense active; -30 M.D.
Seymour:
Silhouette:
Slithn:
Sshir: -36 M.D.C.
Vheld: P.P.E. tracked in sig-line; -2 charges/invincible armor talisman; -16 S.D.C.
Wakiza: -100 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; EBA FF popped, -24 from P.P.E. Battery
William Summers: Lifeward on NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor;
Wolf Whitaker: .44 Mag: 6/-1 shot; NE-6SL: 6/-5 shots;
Zed: 177 P.P.E.; Energy Sphere: 300 P.P.E.
Zion: -80 ISP
ImageImage
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby John Altfeld » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:15 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 70 / 73%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 73

CONDITIONS: See invisible, Radar, Can't be Touched by Undead, is +1 Feet.

John says loudly, "Oh no, this man has had a heart attack! Evil, wicked demon!"

He then leans down and takes any weapons or other easily detached equipment the 'unconscious' guard is carrying.

John whispers, "Hey man, I'm John. Sorry about this. But we're gonna save the world. Come by MercTown and I'll buy you a drink. Also, I'm gonna be a god. Get in on the ground floor!"

He then leaves his secure NGMI card on the guard even though John knows the guard 'can't' access it.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Lahz » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:23 pm

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 78 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: 1d100 = 84

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Calm] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder PA, Sustain (18 Days)

ISP: 165/221
Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 78




As Lahz, Rocky and a couple others blink to Merctown and back in a warbling instance of teleportation, the Psi-Tech keys his radio for general relay (including Magestar), "Back from Merctown. Minor batch of goodies. Any word from Dunscon's people? Or Dweomer? ... Do we have a Plan-of-attack developed so it can crumble to ash at first contact? ... Teleport in a batch of Fusion Blocks covered in Silver as a diversion? Let the shrapnel be our opening wave .... or Send in the Sassy-Dragon with our Giant to do a juggling act? Did we get anything useful outta K'Zaa?"

Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 71%: 1d100 = 58 - Re-Load Marauder with Minimissiles

Suiting up in the Marauder afterwards, the Psi-Tech hefts the magic hammer on loan from Vheld and gives it a few test swings to familiarize himself with the carry through, and the degree of strain the Marauder has in controlling it (OOC: Should be fine with a PS of 50).



OOC: Butcher's Bill update:
Marauder PA: WI-GL8: -33 silver shots; 1 Secondary Optics/Camera destroyed
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 5:

Postby Saul » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:16 am

Perception Bonus: 32% /58% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 83

JIC: 1d20 = 20
1d100 = 65

Dweomer Group

Chancellor Multhas wrote:"A team of my best students will meet you atop the Black Mountain at the designated time. The Soulharvesters will not succeed. Now, leave this place, Summers. You have a rendezvous with destiny, and I have a group of volunteers to rouse to this challenge."


After the staredown, to hear this is a distinct relief for the simian sorceror. Skilled defenders are always welcome, especially when the stakes are this high. I only hope our collective courage and might is enough.

Saul follows Will out of Chancellor Multhas' chamber. "Well entreated, Will. Chancellor Multhas can be hard to convince, I have heard. You should consider that an unqualified diplomatic success."

If we survive. Courage and power alone may not be enough, if luck is not at hand.

When the rift back to Stormspire appears, Saul steps through quickly, reminded of a quote from a pre-rifts book.

“If people bring so much courage to this world the world has to kill them to break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.”
Saul
 

Next

Return to Spook Squad/Roughnecks/MARS Joint Adventure (12 PCs)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron