The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

The Spook Squad & the Roughnecks team up to tackle a dangerous, high stakes mission in the Federation of Magic.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:48 am

Perception: 1d100 = 34/24%
JIC: 1d20 = 12; 1d100 = 28

Paranoia Thought Text

Lexington Ruins Group

Active Affects
Thermal and Night Vision 600'

Wolf immediately snaps to the sound of the moaning and fires several shots from his Silver loaded .44 mag revolver. Well there goes the element of surprise...apparently the others just wanted to talk. I told you they would try and get you killed...Not intentionally...No? Well maybe not yet, but it will come. Now stop pulling your shots.

Wolf moves down the hall after John passes. "John where are you going?"

Init: 1d20+14 = 21
APM:6

Action 1: Fire .44 Mag at Xombie at the end of the hall; Strike: 1d20+4 = 8; Damage: 5d6 = 16 (Silver)
Action 1: Fire .44 Mag Xombie at the end of the hall; Strike: 1d20+4 = 19; Damage: 5d6 = 11 (Silver)
Action 1: Fire .44 Mag Xombie at the end of the hall; Strike: 1d20+4 = 16; Damage: 5d6 = 12 (Silver)
Action 4: Move closer 20', yell at John, and holster Equalizer. Still have .44 Mag in hand.
Action 5 and 6: Reserved for dodge: 1d20+9 = 25; 1d20+9 = 10

Parry: 1d20+9 = 24; 1d20+9 = 15; 1d20+9 = 14; 1d20+9 = 27; 1d20+9 = 24; 1d20+9 = 10

Contingencies:
If the silver does not affect the target Xombie, Wolf will yell out, "Silver doesn't work either!!!" and will quick draw one of his NE-6SLs to see if that works.

NE-6SL Strike: 1d20+4 = 21; Damage: 1d4*10 = 40
NE-6SL Strike: 1d20+4 = 20; Damage: 1d4*10 = 10
Last edited by Wolf Whitaker on Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Yojimbo » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:09 am

Perception: 1d100 = 100/40%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 80
JIC (20): 1d20 = 1

***MEADOWS GROUP***

Conditions: Nightvision 1000', See the Invisible

Lahz wrote:Striding towards Stormspire in a downpour Lahz responds as he picks his way towards civilization, "Spoken like a fellow who hasn't lost something or someone that couldn't be replaced Fella ... A nickel's worth of free advice my large new friend, I tell you as a father who has buried a daughter, and a husband who has buried a wife, sometimes a barstool is the only time machine available to hear them laugh again ... No hard location was set for meeting the others, but a Bar has the combined benefits of being Dry, Open ... and they usually have chicken wings.”

"On the contrary - I lost the only family I have ever known. They all died, and they all died because of that accursed drink," replies the Holy Terror to Lahz. "This world is full of cowardly, spineless men who think only of self-gratification and satisfying their own greedy desires," he says, "and I find that consuming alcohol invariably increases their number. When you are ready to meet with the other groups to eradicate this destructive Nxla, call me on the radio and I will join you. Until that time, I will not willingly be around alcohol or any place that serves it."

Lahz, referring to Psyscape wrote:"Grew up there and they have bars, but that was decades ago..."

Yojimbo looks at Lahz sharply. "You grew up in Psyscape? I have heard of it, but have never had the opportunity to visit. I would like to see it some day... are we planning to visit? Perhaps they could be of assistance against Nxla," he says.

Perhaps at Psyscape, the psychics there can help me discover my purpose and destiny.

Stormspire Ambience wrote:There is only an incoherent sprawl of makeshift streets, structures (everything from wood and tin shacks to the grand tower near the center of town), debris, and mud...everywhere mud. Most of the streets are unpaved, and so the heavy rains have mixed with the flotsam & waste of the city's inhabitants and transients to create a remarkably terrible sludge which fills the streets, stinks to high heaven, and sucks at both armor-shod feet and wheels alike. Lighting is sporadic at best, with the center of town glowing faintly on the skyline as indication that some areas are better maintained than others. A couple of lighted windows in a nearby quonset hut structure suggest an open tavern, and as the party stop to consider their options, the distant sound of a burst of ballistic weapons fire breaks the monotony of the drizzling rain and the whine of Minerva's motorcycle engine

Yojimbo has seen worse, but he has also seen better. He trudges onward, his massive 7 ton armored form sinking into the mud with every step.

Lahz wrote:"Folks I think we can find something a little more high end than this don't you? ... ”

"Contact me on this frequency when it is time to meet with the other groups," says the Holy Terror curtly when the other members of the group stop in front of what appears to be a drinking establishment.

Without stopping or waiting for a reply, he keeps moving and trudges past the "tavern" building and begins to head toward the tower in the center of town.

Don't these people have more important matters to attend to - like stopping a supernatural evil menace that threatens everyone within several hundreds of miles, perhaps? he thinks as he leaves.

On the way to the Spire, he lifts his simple flute to his lips and plays a tune, whisking him away to a faraway place and bringing back memories of a different life and time...

Skill Roll: Play Musical Instrument (Flute): ---> 1d100 = 6/52%

(ooc: Yojimbo is heading for the main Spire. When he arrives, he will inquire about force fields and devices that allow him to cast Armor of Ithan or the like, as well as various magic scrolls. He doesn't really have any significant amount of money right now, so he's just browsing and killing time to avoid drinking holes or being around alcohol or other judgment impairing drugs.)
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C. (main body): 1032/1032
P.P.E.: 460/460
I.S.P.: 85/85

Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
Yojimbo

Postby Saul » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:48 am

Perception Bonus: 29% /55% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 14

JIC: 1d20 = 14
1d100 = 45

Condition: Shadow Meld (from armor; ??/40 melees); Sixth Sense (untriggered?)

Lexington Ruins Group

Saul was about to wonder if the Xombie could detect them when it begins to moan. Well... that settles that question. Just as suddenly, John's pebble form surges through the corridor to slam into the xombie and the door behind it. Desperately, Saul tries to maintain his footing, holding as still as possible so that John's aggregate and mobile scree may flow around him while he draws additional PPE from the ley line to replenish his reserves.

Once John is past, Saul target's the Xombie with an Electric Arc spell, arcing it back and forth to hit the Xombie over and over.. "Finish him quickly!"

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 14
APM 6

Action 1: take position, maintain footing in the human avalanche that is John
Action 2: cast Electric Arc (-8 PPE); 1d20+2 = 21; Damage 2d6 = 7 MD
Action 3: redirect Electric Arc; 1d20+2 = 5; Damage 2d6 = 6 MD
Action 4: redirect Electric Arc; 1d20+2 = 19; Damage 2d6 = 7 MD
Action 5: redirect Electric Arc; 1d20+2 = 19; Damage 2d6 = 11 MD
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge; 1d20+3 = 9

Total PPE spent: 8 PPE

Contingency

If John's actions reveal the ritual beyond, Saul will leave the Xombie to others and work to stop the ritual at all costs, targeting spellcasters specifically using his super telekinesis. He grabs one of the spellcasters with his telekinesis and slams him repeatedly into the walls to disrupt any attempt at spellcasting.

Action 2: Grab spellcaster with Telekinesis (Super; 20 ISP); Strike 1d20+3 = 4 (Nat. 1!); Damage: None "The Ritual! Stop it at all costs!"
Action 3: Slam held spellcaster into wall Strike 1d20+3 = 9; damage: 2d4 = 4 M.D. (equivalent to hurling a hard wall at the spellcaster) or if grab was unsuccessful make another attempt
Action 4: Slam held spellcaster into wall Strike 1d20+3 = 6; damage: 2d4 = 6 M.D. (equivalent to hurling a hard wall at the spellcaster) or if grab was unsuccessful make another attempt
Action 5: Slam held spellcaster into wall Strike 1d20+3 = 14; damage: 2d4 = 4 M.D. (equivalent to hurling a hard wall at the spellcaster) or if grab was unsuccessful make another attempt

Total PPE spent in this contingency: 20 PPE (for each grab attempt) = max 60

In either case:
Total PPE drawn from Ley Line this round: 10

EDITed because I had Saul casting a 1-round duration spell over and over needlessly. Thanks to Ryan for pointing out my error and saving me a bucket of PPE. :)
Last edited by Saul on Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 30/30
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 156/156
I.S.P.: 85/98

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
Saul

Postby Vheld » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:48 am

Soulharvest Group
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 21
PER: 1d100 = 25 vs. 76%
Conditions
[*]Dimension Sense: 90% skill, Vheld will detect any dimension-based magic (including teleports, opening of portals, etc.) that occurs, 7m remaining. If dimension magic is detected, Vheld can attempt to alter the course of the spell; see R:UE P. 121-122 for details.
[*]Invincible armor: 110/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerates 1d6MDC/melee, fully environmental, -15% to prowl, etc. 51m remaining. BoM P. 121.
[*]Mystic portal: 17m remaining, R:UE P. 219-20.
[*]Storm staff active: 2m remaining, Vheld is impervious to non-magical energy attacks and can fire up to four lightning bolts each melee
Invincible armor regeneration for this round: 1d6 = 3 MDC

Land Navigation- 1d100 = 80 vs. 95%
To help guide Ray to an appropriate landing zone closer to the team’s current position
Lore: Magic- 1d100 = 34 vs. 94%
To assess any potential for catastrophic side effects of Vheld’s attempt to nuke the temple, altering plans as per contingency below.

Ronan wrote:"Let me carry this sack of shite, if he becomes rowdy, I can just encase him in Silver and he'll hate his life."
Vheld nods. ”Take him, with my thanks. Just wait on the other side, we won’t have to haul him around for long.” This one has his uses. Perhaps I’ll convince Lahz to keep him around after this is done.

Once everyone is through the exit portal Vheld dispels it to ensure that nothing from the temple can follow them through it- leaving the original entrance portal, and everyone standing around in the dark and the humidity. At last, Vheld releases a small sigh of relief- they made it. The shifter closes his eyes and leans back his head, allowing himself to feel his exhaustion as it catches up with him- the receding adrenaline surge, the massive spellcasting efforts, and the physical toll of his resurrection are all catching up. But his work isn’t done yet. Still letting the tension wash over and drain out of him, Vheld cues up the Spooks’ team radio frequency and contacts Ray. ”Attention Ray- this is Deuce. Acknowledge voice override and prepare to receive instructions.” Assuming that Ray doesn’t take that opportunity to express any objections to Vheld’s instructions, the shifter will continue. ”Relocate the vehicle closer to our position, maintaining a minimum half-mile distance from the temple.” Vheld will then add a description of the terrain nearby so that Ray can set down close enough to the group that they won’t have to walk far, but far enough away from the temple that they can beat a very hasty retreat in the event of any catastrophic side effects.
Seymour Ruiz wrote:”Ahem, excuse me sir. While we were in the library, i found something. I am not sure if it is important or not, but in wanted you to see it first. If it is not a threst, great… but if it is a threat, you are the best to deal with it.”
Vheld ends his reverie, opens his eyes, and addresses Seymour with the kindest tone of voice he has displayed towards the reporter yet. ”Well done. Take it back to the vehicle for now- I shall examine it later. Thank you for your assistance.”

After taking a minute to recuperate, and getting a precise fix on the ARTV’s new landing zone, Vheld will proceed with his final ‘screw you’ to the temple and the necromancers in it. First, he will ensure that Sshir gets clear of the temple; the minion is replaceable but those weapons are not. When Slithn shows up, Vheld will direct her and Sshir to enter the ARTV along with Sil. Should the rest of the group need any prodding, Vheld will turn to Wakiza. ”Get them inside, and tell Ray to get ready to lift off. Ronan and I will be right behind you.” Figuring that the cyber-knight is better-positioned to corral the civilians than the irascible shifter, Vheld will wait by his entrance portal for everyone to get into the ARTV. He then turns to Ronan.

”I am going to start casting a spell. When I do, wait a few seconds then throw the necromancer through this portal.” Vheld gestures to the entrance mystic portal before him. ”Then, double-time it to the ARTV. This could produce… unexpected results.” Assuming Ronan acknowledges Vheld’s instructions, the shifter will begin casting the spell annihilate ((-300 PPE, takes three actions to cast)). If they time it correctly, Ronan should throw the necromancer through the portal just before Vheld finishes casting his spell- at which point a baseball-sized sphere of antimatter appears above Vheld’s palm. After giving Ronan a moment to get out of the way, Vheld chucks it through the entrance portal (aiming it at the necromancer); EP CRIT to strike (marketplace post here), 2d4*100 = 800x2= 1600 MD plus 4d6*10 = 160x2= 320 MD to everything in a 10-foot radius. Vheld will immediately shut the entrance portal after the sphere is through (though the one-way nature of mystic portals should ensure nothing travels back). After seeing to that (and, ideally, a somewhat spectacular explosion from the direction of the temple), Vheld will return to the ARTV.

Contingency #1: Vheld will try to use his knowledge of magic, and what he learned of the temple, to assess the likelihood of his tactic producing any secondary explosions or magical effects that could potentially affect the team at this distance ((it’s unlikely based on my reading of the spell, but I wanted to account for the possibility)). If Vheld judges that there is such a chance, he will adjust his directions to Ray and the others, as well as the timing of the spell, to give everyone a chance to get out of harm’s way before he casts annihilate. He will also have Ronan toss the necromancer through the portal immediately, and wait for Ronan to make it out of harms way before triggering the annihilate. Finally, if need be Vheld will cast D-step (-50 PPE, two actions) to get himself out of harm’s way as well.

Contingency #2: If, for whatever reason, Vheld cannot toss the annihilate spell through the mystic portal he will close it first, have Ronan drop the necromancer some 50 feet away from everyone else, and then use the annihilate spell at close range (but outside the 10-foot blast radius). Should the necromancer still be alive after that, Vheld will stab him until he is dead.

Either way, once Vheld and his remaining minions are safely on board the ARTV he will finally allow himself to relax. Exhaustion creeps into his voice as he addresses Wakiza or whoever is taking charge of the civilians. ”If you want me to rift us to the others I’ll need a ley line and 1d6*10 = 60+15= 75 minutes. Otherwise, I’ll be in the back.” Assuming his services are not needed (at least until the civilians are returned home, Vheld will retreat to the back cargo hold. He will grab the book Seymour retrieved, and begin studying it as well as everything Sil has in her sack to see what of value they were able to secure. Once he’s done with that, Vheld will mediate.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 199/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 81/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Talismans: 2/3 on Vheld IA; 2/3 on Sil IA and FatE; 2/3 on Sshir, IA
Energy Spheres: 450/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:55 pm

Perception [42%]: Invalid dice code! [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: Invalid dice code!
JiC D100: Invalid dice code!

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Furious], Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days), N-F50A Force Field [---/160]

ISP: [-56] 155/211
Telemechanics [98%]: Invalid dice code!

MEADOWS GROUP

Yojimbo wrote:"On the contrary - I lost the only family I have ever known. They all died, and they all died because of that accursed drink," replies the Holy Terror to Lahz. "This world is full of cowardly, spineless men who think only of self-gratification and satisfying their own greedy desires," he says, "and I find that consuming alcohol invariably increases their number. When you are ready to meet with the other groups to eradicate this destructive Nxla, call me on the radio and I will join you. Until that time, I will not willingly be around alcohol or any place that serves it."

"Sounds like a tale for another time Jimbo, though a hammer can just as easily kill a man as drive a nail. Though it is a plain truth that alcohol can be abused, so can a hammer, or a knife. There are some things inherently evil, but I do not think you can really label alcohol in its entirety as within that category ... "

Yojimbo wrote:Yojimbo looks at Lahz sharply. "You grew up in Psyscape? I have heard of it, but have never had the opportunity to visit. I would like to see it some day... are we planning to visit? Perhaps they could be of assistance against Nxla," he says.

"Indeed I believe our next objective will be to travel to Psyscape once we have reassembled our collective forces. A few of us have contacts there ... If you find any TW shops that are open give a holler. Have a few things I'd love to purchase while we're in town."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Lahz
Group Leader

Postby Zion » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 88 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 67
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Mind Block-Auto Defense, Null Void, Psi Nullification, Sense Supernatural (300'/ 1200') WB12, pg30, Radiate Nature (12'/ 100') WB12, pg30

Group: Lexington Ruins

Dadgummit. I ain't got no magic. Zion thinks as John goes rushing past. Seeing Wolf fire down the tunnel, Zion takes up a defensive stance and draws the ambient PPE energies.
"Go! I'll cover our rear." He relays to the others. Glancing back at the way they came in, making sure nothing is advancing. Zion cast See Invisible before preparing himself for an attack.

Combat Actions
APM: 5

Initiative:1d20+1 = 6

Action 1: Take a defensive stance and draw PPE from the Ley Line and convert it into ISP 1d6+1 = 2
Action 2: "Go! I'll cover our rear." Cast See Invisible (4)
Action 3: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+6 = 19
Action 4: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+6 = 21
Action 5: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+6 = 18

Contingencies:
If anything comes through the doorway use Telekinetic Force Field (30 ISP, 150 MD, max size is 60' diameter, Duration: 90 minutes) to seal off the intruder and the doorway in place of the first available dodge.Zion will position his force field in such a way that other intruders cannot advance but does not separate the group from each other. (If any enemies from from the red "X" and place the force field where the white circle is.
Attachments
PSX_20200127_043930.jpg
PSX_20200127_043930.jpg (13.95 KiB) Viewed 2043 times
Last edited by Zion on Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zion

Constant Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense, Six Sense, Sense Supernatural Beings, Radiate Nature, Null Void, Psi Nullification and interference

Equipment
Morning Star
    2d6 MD
Wilk's 457 Laser Pulse Rifle
    3D6+2 M.D. per shot or 1D6x10 M.D. burst
    30 shots per LE-Clip
Zion
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ronan » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:55 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 90 / 1d20 = 14
Perception [33%]: 1d100 = 28

Detect Ambush [59%]: 1d100 = 84 Once back to the RV, with his KLS, watching for incoming.

Vheld wrote:"Take him, with my thanks. Just wait on the other side, we won’t have to haul him around for long."

Ronan nods and hauls him through the portal. I wonder what is plan is for this one. I can try extracting information from it perhaps. Ronan muses while waiting on the other side.

Vheld wrote:”I am going to start casting a spell. When I do, wait a few seconds then throw the necromancer through this portal.” ... ”Then, double-time it to the ARTV. This could produce… unexpected results.”

"Understood, I'll give it a three count once you begin and toss it in." Ronan responds. Okay, not torturing. Maybe just wants to make sure this things goes out with whatever this spell is. Ronan things to himself during Vheld's beginning, still not fully aware of what spells or magic really are, but figuring them close enough to psychics or other powered individuals like himself, he doesn't question him. He will count to three in his head once he hears or sees Vheld begin and toss the mindshattered Harvester into the portal.

Ronan will move out of the way and get behind Vheld, and once he sees Vheld lob the dark sphere into the portal and shut it, will double-time back to the RV.

Contingency 1: Ronan will follow Vheld's instructions to toss the necromancer immediately without a three count and double time it back.

Contingency 2: Ronan will toss the Necromancer about 50 feet away, which is easily within his capability while still encased in his silver armor, augmenting his already impressive strength. If it survives Vheld's Annihilate, Ronan will help stab it to death with his still active Lightblade.

Contingency 3: If the NEcromancer becomes rowdy or attempts to break free in any way, Ronan will encase him in silver. 2 APM to encase a standard humanoid and throw him as per Vheld's instructions. He'll remove the silver encasing as the necromancer leaves his hands, letting him flail in the air.

Once Ronan has returned to the RV, he will collect his KLS rifle, which he left aboard, and climb on top and use it's optics to keep an eyes on the devastation and/or any incoming they may have while Vheld and Wak decide the next step.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe | Venenifer
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wakiza » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 38

Conditions: Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee); Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry) Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle); Combat Acrobatics. Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.
[*] Storm Rider Armor (BoM p. 47): 120/120 MDC armor; Impervious to all forms of Elemental Magic, Lightning, and even ley line storms; Other types of energy do 1/2 damage; can hover and fly at 60 mph.

Group: Temple

Wak nods and heads out. He grabs his rifle and says, "Lets move out," while looking at the civilians, "unless you want to stay behind?" He leads them through the portal, Nice way to travel! As he looks back on the other side of the portal, "Damn that is a lot of undead!" He ushers everyone on to the RV, "Ray, start it up and move to pick up Vheld and Ronin. Make sure we are in a position to head directly out." He looks around, "Will, how are you feeling?" He heads back to the rear mounted grenade launcher just in case and keeps an eye out to protect those still out there.

Detect Ambush-- 1d100 = 69 / 78%
Detect Concealment-- 1d100 = 56 / 73%
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 43/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 76 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
Wakiza
Group Leader

Postby Rocky » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:01 pm

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 85
JIC d20: 1d20 = 13 / d100: 1d100 = 81

Lexington Group
Conditions
OOC Comments
Comments
Six Sense
See Invisible
Crystal Armor 30 MDC + Force Field 70 MDC
Natural Ability

Shadow cloak, Shadow Meld: as per the spell at 5th level of proficiency (p.103, BoM) Activation Cost: 10 P.P.E.
Enhance Reflexes: ISP.: 10 This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens al natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.). The psionic power provides the psychic with a +3 to Perception, + I to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +I0% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl).
Ghost
Night Vision (4)
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% 1d100 = 35
•Range: 170’ To pinpoint location of a presence
• Duration: Constant
• Automatically sense all presences

INIT 1d20+2 = 21

After Saul and Wollf send their answer to the zombie and it looks like it is down., Rocky follows John down the hall staying in shadows. Once inside the area Rocky will try to use his Vizier’s Ring Ability to Astral Hole (p.138, BoM) /Portal to a dark corner behind the enemy.

Number of Attacks: 7
Action 1:Wait till Saul Fires
Action 2: Wait til John Fires
Action 3 John heads down the tunnel
Action 4: Rocky follows
Action 5: Enter Astral Hole if need to maneuver into Shadows
Action 6: Exit Astral Hole In Shadow.
Action 7:Extra if needed.

Parry: 1d20+16 = 29 , 1d20+16 = 34 , 1d20+16 = 32 , 1d20+16 = 35 , 1d20+16 = 28 , 1d20+16 = 33 , 1d20+16 = 36
Last edited by Rocky on Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jack Killian » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:28 pm

Perception: 79% 1d100 = 32
JIC: 1d100 = 16 / 1d100 = 95

Meadow Group
Condition
Comments
OOC Comments
On a Ley Line
  • Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.
  • Damage is increased by 1 additional die.

Jack looks around as they approach Stormspire, Jack has never seen anything like this in Australia or Mexico. This is all new to Jack He is eager to see what this place has to offer. As he gets inside the city he is upset at the place and how downtrodden it is. Jack is leery of this place. When Menervia and the others stop. Jack gets off the bike and speaks to Minerva, “Thank you for the lift.” He looks around, “I might want to catch a ride to a better neighborhood.” “Lahz, do you know a better neighborhood."
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby William Summers » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:37 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 64/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 82

Group: Soulharvest

Conditions
  • SDC: 0/178
  • HP: 3/178
  • Ley Line Proximity: Double range/duration/damage, Will can draw 10PPE/melee. Double magic weapon damage/range.
  • Personal PPE: 0/178
  • Captured PPE: 0/356. 0/60 minutes

Despite his severe aching, Will does his best to keep up with the rest of the group on their trek to the ATRV. He continues to absorb as much PPE as he can from the Ley Line so as to not be caught unawares. Godsdamn, this really hurts. I've never been more thankful for a seat as now. As soon as Will reaches the ATRV, he takes a seat and gets out of his busted Battler armor. "That's the end of the line for you, old friend. Mayhaps someone will get you patched back up, but it's not looking good." With the large hole in his military uniform that he wore under his armor, he just shakes his head at his situation. "I look like a Saloon Bum."

Wakiza wrote: "Will, how are you feeling?"

"I feel like shit, Wak. Got an extra shirt lying around? Or better yet, another armor? Anyone here got some healing mojo? I'm pretty much trashed after that." Died and came back to life? I'll have to tell that one to Pops when I see him.

Will looks around the ATRV for a refreshment of some sort as well as a shirt and possibly a spare armor. Once he's done, he plops down into a seat and subconsciously rolls the Eye of Odin between the fingers in his left hand.

Question
How much PPE have I been able to absorb during the trek to the ATRV?
The Man in Black
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Minerva » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 71/54%
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 80

Group: Stormspire
Conditions
  • H.P.: 104/104
  • S.D.C.: 177/177
  • I.S.P.: 315/390
    Psi-Sword
  • Damage: 8D6 (6D6 base + 1 die from ley line +1D6 from fencing) Double vs Xombies and Harvesters.
  • Duration: 30/60 minutes
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 5/35 MDC
  • Psionic Forcefield Inactive
  • 70/70 MDC
  • 3/4 Activations
    Stalker Suit
  • 12/12 MDC
    Cloak of Protection
  • 50/50 MDC
  • AR: 12
  • Impervious to Fire
    Ring of Invisibility (Inactive)
  • 0/10 minutes
  • 3/3 Activations
    Ring of Resist Fire (Inactive)
  • 0/2 hours
  • 3/3 Activations
    On a Ley Line
  • Can use 1D6+1 ISP per melee round. Can not be stored.
  • Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.

Driving the Black Talon through the rain and mud, Minerva is relieved when the torrent lets up when they get closer to Stormspire.
Jack Killian wrote:Jack gets off the bike and speaks to Minerva, “Thank you for the lift.”

"Anytime chico." He is a nice boy. Who sets fire to people sometimes. I think I like him.

Lahz wrote:"Folks I think we can find something a little more high end than this don't you? ... ”

Jack Killian wrote:“I might want to catch a ride to a better neighborhood. Lahz, do you know a better neighborhood."

"This is truly a shithole. Ace, you head in with Volcano. I'll be out here watching my bike." And leaning against the wall of the tavern they chose, Minerva does just that. She watches as Yojimbo heads away from the group and thinks to herself Metal gigante hombre santo que odia el alcohol. Interesante. She does some people watching and keeps an eye on her gear and bike.

Translations
Metal gigante hombre santo que odia el alcohol. Interesante. =Giant metal holy man who hates alcohol. Interesting.
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:12 am

JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 11
Init: 1d20 = 3
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 69
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 20
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 72

Conditions:
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 76
Seymour:
[*]Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw

Skills Used
OOC Comments
Surveillance -- 54% / 1d100 = 89 - set camera on auto follow
Computer Operation 70% / 1d100 = 36 - try to get the drone to hurry

Post -

Seymour slams on the brakes as they move. ’Heckle!! I forgot my drone!!” He quickly transmits a command for it to join up with him. He then returns to hauling ass. Watching his viewscreen out of the corner of his eye, Seymour nearly falls as he sees the horde following them. Finally reaching the vehicle, he looks back and grips his empress pistol with white knuckles.

When Vheld tells him to take the book to the vehickle, Seymour nods and using the vehicle as cover, waits till he can enter it. When allowed in, he stashes his pack, with the book, under his seat and holds his pistol ready. Leaning in the doorway, providing overwatch, Seymour makes dsure his drone is en route. At the mention of the massive spell being released, Seymour starts to wory and types quickly, trying to get his drone to hurry.

When there is a moment of calm, Seymour asks Wak. ’Any chance of trying for my rig?”
Seymour Ruiz

Postby Mierin » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 32 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 18
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 14
APM: 9

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 28 (88%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 21 (59%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Prowl 1d100 = 82 (83%) to remain undetected if at all possible

Lexington Ruins Group

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet - active
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare
Sustain – duration: 20 days
Activated Invisibility charm (Invisibility: simple, duration: 30 minutes

Mierin shakes her head as she replies to Wolf in a whisper, ”All out of silver, I'm afraid. I do have this though.” Mierin slings her rifle over her shoulder and shows them Malice, her lesser rune sword, removing it from the scabbard slightly so they can see the red-grey metal lined with runes from tip to handle. In truth, Mierin isn't positive it would be better than her rifle, but then again, her rifle was useless against the undead, so maybe she'd have better luck stabbing them. Though using the sword wasn't her favourite method of attack – anything that was within stabbing distance was too close for Mierin's liking.

Her train of thought is derailed when she realizes the zombie has started moaning. Shit! Mierin curses inwardly. Slinging her rifle over her shoulder, Mierin pulls Malice from her shoulder scabbard and grips the handle in both hands. She's a bit surprised to see Pebbles racing off, hopefully to take care of the moaning zombie. He better know what he is doing! She takes a second to activate her invisibility charm, hoping to remain harder to detect. Mierin realizes that quite a few things can see her even if she is invisible but she's hoping, if the ritual is taking place in the next room, that there will be enough chaos for her to be undetected to a degree. Mierin starts to head toward the stone door with the others. If the zombie has been taken out, Mierin ignores its remains and follows the others into the room, looking around attempting to figure out what is going on and what the danger is. (Contingency: if zombie is still moaning, Mierin will attempt to decapitate it with Malice).

Actions
OOC Comments
1. shows others sword
2. slings rifle over shoulder and pulls sword from scabbard
3. activates invisibility charm
4. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+6 = 15
5. follows group toward stone door
6. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+6 = 16
Contingency: if zombie is still moaning, Mierin attempts to decapitate it with her sword. Strike: 1d20+6 = 8, Damage, if hit: 5d6+8 = 28
7. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+6 = 16
8. & 9. surveys room, trying to figure out what is going on

Auto-parry, if needed (+4 bonus not included): 9d20 = 101 (ooc: pls ignore, messed up roll attempt)
9d20:
19, 4, 13, 18, 15, 9, 16, 3, 17
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies

Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:24 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map

Stormspire Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2305
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%

Order of Battle
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Yojimbo (Roughnecks; walking)
Zed (Roughnecks; walking)

Yojimbo plays his flute as he, Lahz, and the others discuss their venue options while Minerva parks her bike just outside the dive bar.

Soulharvest Group
Conditions:
Time: 2215
Environmental Effects: 85°, oppressively humid; night time/dark
Ley Line: 5 miles long, 500' thick, East-West axis, centered on Temple Mound; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%

Order of Battle
Mouser
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)

Vheld dispels his portal the keys the Spooks’ team radio frequency and contacts Ray. "Attention Ray- this is Deuce. Acknowledge voice override and prepare to receive instructions. Relocate the vehicle closer to our position, maintaining a minimum half-mile distance from the temple."

Ray replies concisely and with no hint of a strange accent or dialect, "Acknowledged, Deuce, en route."

Vheld and Ronan together hurl the mindshattered harvester through a new portal, and time it so that Vheld releases a small sphere of antimatter at the necromancer just before Vheld closes the portal. In the distance, a muffled THUMP can be heard, but little else. No spectacular explosions or fireworks, just a muffled thump. Vheld's not terribly surprised given how localized such a magic detonation is.

Wakiza notes that Ray's already en route, so instead gets people moving toward the ATRV after Vheld & Ronan pull their explosive prank. He and Will confer a bit as Seymour frets about his forgetfulness. Finally, Seymour voices his primary concern: all his stuff that's seemingly lost somewhere in the recesses of this interminable, dark forest. He asks Wakiza, "Any chance of trying for my rig?" A couple hundred yards further along than they had been, the ATRV glides into view and settles down to the forest floor. The exterior airlock door opens, two by two the group cycles through, and within minutes everybody's aboard.

Ray pipes up over the intercom, "Where to next?"

Lexington Ruins Group
Conditions:
Time: 2030.25
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%

Order of Battle
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Zion (MARS)

John exclaims, "Oh, for fuck's sake!" rolling around his allies and the xombie at high speed. He bursts through the stone door as a rolling landslide. John crashes through the door and into the big, singular, and threatening undead like a ton of bricks, using his momentum to carry them both smashing into the North wall. He smashes the Murder Wraith repeatedly against the wall with incredible force. Wet, splintery, crunching noises from the impacts are all he can distinguish from the otherwise deafening roar of his rocky body’s movement. He also feels some sharp pains from small explosions and such as the undead juicer counterattacks. He shouts at the sacrificial people, but it’s doubtful anything can be heard over his landslide as the sound of him reverberates through the tight, stony passages. An undead with a bio-comp harness, a heavy energy rifle, and a sword stands on guard in the chamber. He immediately recognizes this one as a dreaded Murder Wraith. A necromancer (clearly a Harvester) wielding a whip, and with an odd-looking gun on his hip, is binding a villager to the raised altar near the North end of the small chamber. The chamber itself is barely more than thirty feet wide and perhaps as much as fifty feet long. A woman is tied face-down to the altar at the North end of the room, and a group of others are wrapped in a wire mesh net of some sort just South of the necromancer.

Wolf immediately snaps to the sound of the moaning and fires several shots from his revolver. Though the first shot nearly misses, each shot strikes true and blasts the young man moaning. His soulless eyes stare out blankly at Wolf under a head full of straw-colored, tousled hair, and the overalls, undershirt, and boots he wears in undeath suggest he might once have been a farmhand. Wolf moves down the hall after John passes, holstering his Equalizer as he walks. "John, where are you going?"

Rocky follows John down the hall staying in shadows. Once inside the area Rocky finds it well lit, and so there’s no dark corner behind anyone present in the chamber.

The fur on the back on Saul’s neck stands on end as he has a sudden premonition of extreme danger. Saul holds still and draws energy from the ley line as John flows past him in a deafening rumble. Once John has crashed through the doors, Saul sees the woman bound to the altar, but can't quite see anything but the xombie and his teammates due to his restricted line of sight. So he rushes past Wolf's cautious advance until he spots his target: a necromancer. Ignoring the xombie, Saul focuses on the necromancer and tries to reach out and grab him. "The Ritual! Stop it at all costs!" he yells, and perhaps it's his passion clouding his mind, but his aim is off. Instead of the necromancer, the woman on the altar is yanked hard while bound on the altar. She yells out in sudden, piercingly clear pain...which alerts the necromancer to Saul and friends in the passageway. The necromancer locks eyes with Saul, and Saul can feel a very deep, very human evil radiating at Saul through the necromancer's eyes. It's then that Saul notices the man's lips have been moving, he suddenly explodes into electric life with blue energy and rippling bolts of lightning coursing in arcs around his body. His form grows a staggering four feet, and his body rises a foot off the ground. Saul's next attempt to grab him fails, and in response blue lightning arcs out and blasts Saul. Saul perseveres, however, and his following telekinetic attack succeeds, slamming the Harvester into the wall beside him.

Mierin slings her rifle and draws her lesser rune sword, activates her invisibility charm, and follows in John’s deafening wake toward the stone door. The xombie is still quite active, so she whacks it once with Malice. It’s an effective strike, but the xombie way too tough to be taken down by a single swing of a sword. (Called shot melee strikes only cost 1 APM, but receive no bonuses.)

Seeing Wolf fire down the tunnel, Zion takes up a defensive stance and draws the ambient energy. "Go! I'll cover our rear." He relays to the others. Glancing back at the way they came in, making sure nothing is advancing. Zion wills himself able to perceive the imperceptible before in preparation for a flanking action. (Psychics don’t “cast.” Find more creative/accurate descriptive terms.)

GM NOTES:
  • Everyone with LOS on the Harvester needs to post a save vs. Horror Factor 16.
  • Super-lengthy dialogs & combat actions don't mix well together.
  • John: 5 EP spent total: perception, deus ex machine, save vs. HF

MAP

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Jack Killian: -119 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-18 shots, Enhanced Perception; Psychic Body Field: 70/-61
John Altfeld: -125 M.D.
Lahz: (Sustain active), -56 I.S.P.
Marauder PA: Mini-Missiles: EMPTY; LPC: 240 shots/-44 shots; WI-GL8: -33 silver shots; N-F50A Force Field: popped; 1 Secondary Optics/Camera destroyed
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Minerva: -75 I.S.P.; -30 M.D. to Psionic Crystal Armor ; Psionic Force Field: 70/ ; Hyper-TK activated at 2030.5 (12 mins)
NE-ATRV:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Rocky: -50 I.S.P.; Intangible, Shadow Meld, Enhanced Reflexes
Ronan: Mega-Juicer Combat EBA & Armored Flight Suit: DESTROYED; -22 personal M.D.
Saul: -26 P.P.E.; Wings: Fly as the Eagle @1930 (60 mins); Shadow Meld @2020 (10 mins); Sixth Sense active; -30 M.D.
Seymour:
Silhouette:
Slithn:
Sshir: -36 M.D.C.
Vheld: P.P.E. tracked in sig-line; -2 charges/invincible armor talisman; -16 S.D.C.
Wakiza: -100 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; EBA FF popped, -24 from P.P.E. Battery
William Summers: 3 H.P. only
Wolf Whitaker:
Zed: 177 P.P.E.; Energy Sphere: 300 P.P.E.
Zion: -20 ISP
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Augur
Admin

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 8/24%
JIC: 1d20 = 17; 1d100 = 36

Paranoid Thought Text

Lexington Ruins Group

Save vs Horror (16): 1d20+3 = 22

Good Settle down. Trigger squeeze for your snap shots...I got it. Oh shit that's a big one...finish your target first...hehe I can hit both...oh great, here we go. You're about to be insufferable if you pull this off. Wolf will fire the last three silver rounds in his .44 mag revolver as he draws and fires on the harvester with his NE-6SL pistol in his right hand. (Gunslinger can draw and fire in one action; Paired Weapons Pistol p. 94, WB 14).
As the last three silver rounds are fired wolf will count aloud, "Three, Two, One." as the rounds are fired and drop the .44 mag pistol when it's empty. He will then draw and fire his other NE-6SL at the Harvester.

Combat Posts:
APM: 6

Init: 1d20+14 = 34

Action 1: .44 Mag Strike Xombie: 1d20+3 = 9; NE-6SL Strike Harvester: 1d20+3 = 18; .44 Mag damage: 5d6 = 21 (Silver); NE-6SL Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 MD
Action 2: .44 Mag Strike Xombie: 1d20+3 = 4; NE-6SL Strike Harvester: 1d20+3 = 19; .44 Mag damage: 5d6 = 15 (Silver); NE-6SL Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 MD
Action 3: .44 Mag Strike Xombie: 1d20+3 = 5; NE-6SL Strike Harvester: 1d20+3 = 20; .44 Mag damage: 5d6 = 20 (Silver); NE-6SL Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 MD
Action 4: NE-6SL Left strike Harvester: 1d20+3 = 17; NE-6SL Right strike Harvester: 1d20+3 = 5; NE-6SL Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 MD ; NE-6SL Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 MD
Action 5: NE-6SL Left strike Harvester: 1d20+3 = 16; NE-6SL Right strike Harvester: 1d20+3 = 14; NE-6SL Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 MD ; NE-6SL Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 20 MD
Action 6: Dodge: 1d20+9 = 20

Auto parry: 1d20+9 = 24; 1d20+9 = 20; 1d20+9 = 28; 1d20+9 = 23; 1d20+9 = 21; 1d20+9 = 10

Contingency:
If Wolf needs to move to get line of sight on the Harvester use the below action set.

Action 1: Move to gain line of sight of Harvester and Xombie at the same time.
Action 2: .44 Mag Strike Xombie: 1d20+3 = 9; NE-6SL Strike Harvester: 1d20+3 = 7; .44 Mag damage: 5d6 = 19 (Silver); NE-6SL Damage: 1d4*10 = 20 MD
Action 3: .44 Mag Strike Xombie: 1d20+3 = 5; NE-6SL Strike Harvester: 1d20+3 = 20; .44 Mag damage: 5d6 = 18 (Silver); NE-6SL Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 MD
Action 4: .44 Mag Strike Xombie: 1d20+3 = 13; NE-6SL Strike Harvester: 1d20+3 = 14 ; .44 Mag damage: 5d6 = 16 (Silver); NE-6SL Damage: 1d4*10 = 20 MD
Action 5: NE-6SL Left strike Harvester: 1d20+3 = 18; NE-6SL Right strike Harvester: 1d20+3 = 16; NE-6SL Left Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 MD ; NE-6SL Right Damage: 1d4*10 = 20 MD
Action 6: Dodge: 1d20+9 = 26
Wolf Whitaker

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Silver 6/6
Silver 0/6

Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vheld » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:33 am

Soulharvest Group
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 86
PER: 1d100 = 98 vs. 76%

Vheld is silent, but more than a little self-satisfied with his plan. With luck, that’s one necromancer who won’t be coming back to haunt me. Pity we can’t check and make sure. Hopefully it’ll slow the horde down. Turning to Ronan, he gives the alien a nod. ”Thanks. Now let’s get the Hades out of here.”

As they move back to the ARTV, Vheld is slowly allowing his fatigue to take over, and he returns to his default settings of ‘quiet and irascible.’ When he hears Ray, he remembers his earlier concerns about the robot’s voice. And now his voice is back to normal. I’ll definitely have to remember to mention it to Lahz. Still, Vheld shrugs it off- it’s unlikely to be Nxla, or they would have faced a more concerted effort to prevent them from getting to the temple. Some sort of natural effect seems unlikely, but even so it’s likely to be localized and thus not a problem for much longer. That leaves some kind of glitch, which is firmly outside the shifter’s wheelhouse.

As they enter the vehicle, Vheld turns to regard Ronan. ”You handled yourself well in there. Let me know if you need me to put in a good word to Lahz about your membership in our little band.” At Ray’s request for orders, and the lack of clear direction from the others, Vheld sighs and decides he needs to be the reluctant team leader a little longer. ”Ray, fly us back to Seymour’s vehicle so that he can retrieve the rest of his gear. After that, find out where the civilians want us to take them and do so if it isn’t too far out of our way. Then set course for Stormspire. I’ll be in the back- I have work to do.” When he spots Seymour, Vheld gives him a terse but not unkind command, ”Bring me the book you retrieved.” Vheld will then settle into the comfiest seat he can find, call Sil to him, and begin sorting through all of the materials taken from the temple library- starting with the book Seymour retrieved.
Leave me alone.
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 199/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 81/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ronan » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:05 am

JiC: 1d100 = 79 / 1d20 = 2
Perception [33%]: 1d100 = 82

Detect Ambush [54%]: 1d100 = 63

Impressive to say the least. Ronan remarks on the little black orb that thumps behind the portal and nods to the spell caster, following him to the vehicle. Hades? Ronan muses at Vheld's reference.

Vheld wrote:”You handled yourself well in there. Let me know if you need me to put in a good word to Lahz about your membership in our little band.”

Ronan nods, "That'd be good. Dunno what my chances are of getting home, but while I'm here having a home away from home would be good." Ronan remarks, and well then leave the shifter to his own devices. He'll clasp Will on his back and add, "Seriously though, glad your back. You were only gone a few minutes but the fact you got back up is astounding, on your front, and on Vheld's." Turning to look at the rat-man Seymour, he adds "I'm glad you survived as well, got a bit crazy there." He jests, then to the others, he'll continue. "I'll be up on the top with my rifle watching for undesirables. Books aren't really my forte." Ronan finishes and, with his KLS, will climb up to the top and be ready.

When applicable on the fly, he will pull out the parchment papers given to him from the monkey-man Saul to write a journal entry.
Journal Entry
Journal Entry wrote:Okay, not sure how to do this, I don't even know what date it is on this planet. Let's see. I got ripped away from my home and immediately flung into the fray with enemies the likes of which I've never seen. They can hurt me, and I couldn't hurt them, not initially.

I used to be able to control water, but now that ability seems to have vanished and replaced itself with the ability to control silver. I'm still figuring it out, but so far it's been far more useful in the environment. Armor here seems to be destroyed on the whim, I am glad I left my ADF set at these folks garage. But the silver creates armor, and weapons, and walls? I'm not sure what it's limitations are yet, but it's application seems vast. Good thing, cause I have a feeling this week is going to get even crazier as we get closer to whatever this Stormspire is.

Oh! And a energy sword made of light that weighs almost nothing. I like it. A good backup and small enough to conceal. This world is full of wonders, to be sure, from black spheres of death to walking sacks of blood. I miss the simplicity of my home, though I don't know if I'll ever see it again.
Skadoosh
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wakiza » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 35 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 34

Conditions: Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee); Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry) Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle); Combat Acrobatics. Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.
[*] Storm Rider Armor (BoM p. 47): 120/120 MDC armor; Impervious to all forms of Elemental Magic, Lightning, and even ley line storms; Other types of energy do 1/2 damage; can hover and fly at 60 mph.

William Summers wrote: "I feel like shit, Wak. Got an extra shirt lying around? Or better yet, another armor? Anyone here got some healing mojo? I'm pretty much trashed after that." Died and came back to life? I'll have to tell that one to Pops when I see him.

Wak gives him a half smile, "Well, when you see a blast come at your chest . . . move. I brought a suit of Naruni Raider armor you can use." Glad you're back brother!

Seymour Ruiz wrote:When there is a moment of calm, Seymour asks Wak. "Any chance of trying for my rig?”

Wak looks at the rat, "I thought you ran out of gas, but yes we can stop by if you need to." Wak nods to Vheld and says to Ray, "Yes, stop by Seymour's rig." Wonder how bad ass this mage really is? "Hey Vheld, nice moves for a mage, you can handle yourself and a sword. I was wondering, can you create talismans? Was considering picking a few up. Can you create them to hold that armor spell those necros were using? How much would you charge me for one or two of those? May be useful during the next scrape."

Wak uses the radio on their RV, "Any Roughnecks out there? We just left the Temple."

Code: Select all
[b]NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/03/20170703083953-49617d9d.png[/img]
[size=85][u]M.D.C. by Location:[/u]
[list][*]Helmet: 80
[*]Arms: 55 each
[*]Legs: 80 each
[*]Main Body: 140[/list]
[u]Features:[/u]
[list][*]Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)[/list]
Book Reference: p.40, DB8[/size]
Wakiza
OOC Comments

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)

• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

Soundtrack:
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
Wakiza
Group Leader

Postby Lahz » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:00 am

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 94 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 9
JiC D100: 1d100 = 17

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Disgusted / Kinda Tired / Blue], Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days), N-F50A Force Field [---/160]

ISP: [-56] 155/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 84

MEADOWS GROUP/STORMSPIRE LOITERERS

Jack Killian wrote:“I might want to catch a ride to a better neighborhood. Lahz, do you know a better neighborhood."

Lahz nods within his PA, “Not to lean into an Elven stereotype or anything, but I frankly don't want to set foot outside the Marauder out here. This place could use some Gentrification ... Hell if I could find a nice convenient biker-gang shakedown in progress it might be the best way to to solve your lack of a personal vehicle ... I don't know of a better neighborhood, but there's more lights over towards the big tower, and this feels like the bottom of a barrel so we can assume we're going up ... hell maybe that should really be the goal. Higher ground will get us outta the sewage here."

Minerva wrote:"This is truly a shithole. Ace, you head in with Volcano. I'll be out here watching my bike." And leaning against the wall of the tavern they chose, Minerva does just that.

An open scoff chimes back, “Pfffft ... Hard pass. It's nice in here, hell I might put on some music."

This never happened
Wakiza wrote:Wak uses the radio on their RV, "Any Roughnecks out there? We just left the Temple."

OOC: Lahz's PA at least can receive the signal because he has a 500 mile radio-range.
AUGUR: No, it does not. Look again.

“See there? Saved by the Comms. Sounds like survival for the Temple Group. Shouldn't be surprised, they had Deuce." Lahz wrinkles his nose at the brownish sludge of an open sewer cascading down the street then responds on the (JTFA) broad-frequency, "Meadows has made it to Stormspire. It's lacking in amenities unless someone knows a good rendezvous point ... We are light 2 members, 1 dead, 1 flew off in the rain ... gained a random Golem-thingy."

He begins to walk towards the big tower that give Stormspire its name (ideally via a route that leads them uphill or out of the ass-end of this little locale), "It better be nicer as we get closer to the center. Keep an eye out for a Hotel or a ... Late Night TW ... Dry-cleaner?"

If they run across a garage large enough to enter with his Marauder, a restaurant, nicer Bar, Hotel (OOC: open all night but not like Yojimbo can walk upstairs in most buildings that were not constructed during the Golden Age, hell 14,000lbs probably damages most flooring), or Casino, Lahz will head there.

OOC: The prior Bar is just not somewhere that squishy Lahz would leave his PA to wade through ankle-deep sewage to reach.
Last edited by Lahz on Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Lahz
Group Leader

Postby Saul » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:36 am

Perception Bonus: 29% /55% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 73

JIC: 1d20 = 8
1d100 = 63

Save vs. Horror Factor: 1d20+4 = 16

Conditions: Shadow Meld (from armor; ??/40 melees); Sixth Sense (Triggered); Armor of Ithan (20/50 MDC)

Lexington Ruins Group

Saul grimaces when he accidentally grabs the victim from her restraints, but refocuses quickly, and when he finally grabs and slams the necromancer it is with satisfaction. I hope the girl is unharmed... I shall make the necromancer pay, regardless.

With a snarl, he gestures with an outstretched, clutched hand, slamming the held necromancer from wall to wall with his Super-Telekinesis. Ideally, this will keep him from any spellcasting until he is dead. As he repeatedly bashes the necromancer around the room, not letting go with his telekinesis, Saul's anger and animal instincts kick in, and he finds himself "barking" as he attacks - in a very undignified manner - baring fangs and scowling. In between ape-like vocalizations, he occasionally says "Die!"

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 22
APM 6

Action 1: Slam held necro into wall; damage: 2d4 = 3 M.D. (equivalent to hurling a hard wall at the spellcaster)
Action 2: Slam held necro into wall; damage: 2d4 = 4 M.D. (equivalent to hurling a hard wall at the spellcaster)
Action 3: Slam held necro into wall; damage: 2d4 = 6 M.D. (equivalent to hurling a hard wall at the spellcaster)
Action 4: Slam held necro into wall; damage: 2d4 = 4 M.D. (equivalent to hurling a hard wall at the spellcaster)
Action 5: Slam held necro into wall; damage: 2d4 = 5 M.D. (equivalent to hurling a hard wall at the spellcaster)
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge; 1d20+3 = 18

If the necromancer somehow breaks free, Saul will grab him telekinetically again. Strike rolls: 1)
1d20+3 = 17; 2) 1d20+3 = 7; 3) 1d20+3 = 21; 4) 1d20+3 = 14; 5) 1d20+3 = 21
When his Armor of Ithan gets popped, Saul will sacrifice an action to reactivate it from his armor (-10 PPE)
If the Spellcaster continues to be able to attack despite being pinballed around the room, Saul will turn him face up, slam him into the ceiling, and hold him there.
Last edited by Saul on Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOC Comments

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
TW Features:
Saul

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:19 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 44
Init: 1d20 = 5
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 57
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 89
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 43

Conditions:
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 26
Seymour:
[*]Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw

Skills Used

Post -
Soulharvest Group
Seymour looks from his viewscreen to the distant tower and back to his viewscreen ”Heckle!!!!!? He uses his tail to wipe a tear from his eye as he turns and gets in the vehicle. As Vheld and Ronan talk, Seymour moves beside Sil and just waits. ”Wow!! You are a big puppy. *carefully sticks out a hand for a sniff* Arent you a pretty girl. My name is Seymour.” He snaps his fingers softly and goes to retreive the book. Just as he returns to Sil, Vheld tells him to bring the book. ”Good thing i went and got it then.” He follows Sil and Vheld. When vheld sits, Seymour hands him the book.

As Seymour turns to leave, Hew notices il and her collection of looted papers. Truning back, ”If you like, i can stay and help with fiquring this stuff out?” He waves hois hand at the papers when he says “stuff”.

He whips his head around at the mention of returning to his rig. ”Yes, it is out of gas. Good thing is it runs on almost any liquid. But m,ainly, i want to get what gear i left….. If any remains.”
Last edited by Seymour Ruiz on Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seymour Ruiz

Postby Wakiza » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:51 pm

This never happened
Rolls as Above

Lahz wrote: “See there? Saved by the Comms. Sounds like survival for the Temple Group. Shouldn't be surprised, they had Deuce." Lahz wrinkles his nose at the brownish sludge of an open sewer cascading down the street then responds on the (JTFA) broad-frequency, "Meadows has made it to Stormspire. It's lacking in amenities unless someone knows a good rendezvous point ... We are light 2 members, 1 dead, 1 flew off in the rain ... gained a random Golem-thingy."

As Lahz starts to talk Wak turns on the speaker for comms, so all can hear. Wak ponders, hmmm wonder what happened? "We are on our way. Who did you lose? We almost lost one. A Golem huh? You hear from the other team yet? So we get there, crash for the night, maybe a quick shopping trip in the morning for those that can, then move off to the other locations? Hope John and the new guy Wolf made it. Can't imagine what could take down John though, would have to be powerful magic or psi . . . likely both.
Wakiza
OOC Comments

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Armor
M.D.C. by Location

Soundtrack:
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
Wakiza
Group Leader

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:38 am

Perception: 1d100 = 16 / 73%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 19

FOR REAL RUINS GROUP

CONDITIONS: John is at his 40'8" size (40,000+ lbs in a 9' high x 12' wide x 12' long 'cube'), Pebbles, See Invisible, Radar to 900', and Can't be Touched by Undead.

"Innocent civilians, please leave the battlefield!" John says again. "This is very dangerous!"

Seeing that... someone is smacking the Harvester around, he faces the Murder Wraith.

Can't hurt this guy without drawing my sword...

Combat Stuff
Priority Tree - Strike Rolls are to grapple Murder Wraith until that is successful. Once Murder Wraith is grappled, use it like a pinata bat to strike at Harvester.

Initiative: 1d20+13 = 19

Action 1: Grapple Murder Wraith Strike: 1d20+10 = 18
Action 2: Grapple Murder Wraith Strike: 1d20+10 = 22 - IF MURDER WRAITH IS ALREADY GRAPPLED use it like a pinata bat to strike Harvester. Damage: (1d6*10)+32 = 92
Action 3: Grapple Murder Wraith Strike: 1d20+10 = 20 - IF MURDER WRAITH IS ALREADY GRAPPLED use it like a pinata bat to strike Harvester. Damage: (1d6*10)+32 = 92
Action 4: Grapple Murder Wraith Strike: 1d20+10 = 28 - IF MURDER WRAITH IS ALREADY GRAPPLED use it like a pinata bat to strike Harvester. Damage: (1d6*10)+32 = 92 CRIT X2 Damage
Action 5: Grapple Murder Wraith Strike: 1d20+10 = 19 - IF MURDER WRAITH IS ALREADY GRAPPLED use it like a pinata bat to strike Harvester. Damage: (1d6*10)+32 = 92
Action 6: Grapple Murder Wraith Strike: 1d20+10 = 27 - IF MURDER WRAITH IS ALREADY GRAPPLED use it like a pinata bat to strike Harvester. Damage: (1d6*10)+32 = 72
Action 7: Grapple Murder Wraith Strike: 1d20+10 = 28 - IF MURDER WRAITH IS ALREADY GRAPPLED use it like a pinata bat to strike Harvester. Damage: (1d6*10)+32 = 52 CRIT X2 Damage
Action 8: Grapple Murder Wraith Strike: 1d20+10 = 22 - IF MURDER WRAITH IS ALREADY GRAPPLED use it like a pinata bat to strike Harvester. Damage: (1d6*10)+32 = 82
Action 9: Grapple Murder Wraith Strike: 1d20+10 = 27 - IF MURDER WRAITH IS ALREADY GRAPPLED use it like a pinata bat to strike Harvester. Damage: (1d6*10)+32 = 72

Parries: 1d20+14 = 17, 1d20+14 = 24, 1d20+14 = 28, 1d20+14 = 32, 1d20+14 = 18, 1d20+14 = 32, 1d20+14 = 17

Auto-dodge: 1d20+1 = 14, 1d20+1 = 18, 1d20+1 = 13, 1d20+1 = 9, 1d20+1 = 19

(1d6*10)+82 = 92
(1d6*10)+82 = 132
(1d6*10)+82 = 102
(1d6*10)+82 = 112
(1d6*10)+82 = 122
(1d6*10)+82 = 112
(1d6*10)+82 = 112
(1d6*10)+82 = 92
Last edited by John Altfeld on Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:30 pm

Rolls Carried Forward

MEADOWS GROUP/STORMSPIRE LOITERERS

This never happened
Wakiza wrote:As Lahz starts to talk Wak turns on the speaker for comms, so all can hear. Wak ponders, hmmm wonder what happened? "We are on our way. Who did you lose? We almost lost one. A Golem huh? You hear from the other team yet? So we get there, crash for the night, maybe a quick shopping trip in the morning for those that can, then move off to the other locations?

Trudging through the monsoon Lahz responds, "Felix flew off ... maybe back to Merctown post-fight. Tony met the bad end of a reactor explosion, Blackman better have a line on a f___ing replacement. Zed the bird-guy is MIA. Golem calls itself Yo-Jim-Bo. You have an idea where you wanna crash here?"

"If we can get a local maybe we can get a damn recommendation," he says to no one in particular.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Group Leader

Postby Wakiza » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:51 pm

Rolls as Above

This never happened
Lahz wrote:Trudging through the monsoon Lahz responds, "Felix flew off ... maybe back to Merctown post-fight. Tony met the bad end of a reactor explosion, Blackman better have a line on a f___ing replacement. Zed the bird-guy is MIA. Golem calls itself Yo-Jim-Bo. You have an idea where you wanna crash here?"

Hmm, so we lost a few of the new guys. Wonder where the bird mage went off to? Over the radio, "Well that happens with new guys. Some just aren't cut out for the life, as I am sure you know. Is there no place to get a room there? Supposed to be a shopping wonderland, so I can't believe there isn't a decent inn around. Probably just crash in the RV then."

Wak gets up and looks to the Rat, "Well, I hope your ride is still there. Was left it in the middle of nowhere, so it should be safe, but you never know in the magic zone." He looks to Will, "Does that armor work for now? Fortunately for you we are heading to Stormspire."
Wakiza
OOC Comments

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Armor
M.D.C. by Location

Soundtrack:
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
Wakiza
Group Leader

Postby Mierin » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 2
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 28

save vs HF: 1d20+6 = 10

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 85 (88%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 63 (59%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Prowl 1d100 = 69 (83%) attempting to be as quiet as possible to avoid detection

Lexington Ruins Group

Condition:
OOC Comments
Multi-Optic eyes

Mierin scowls when the zombie takes the hit but keeps standing. Tough bastard Mierin thinks to herself. Better take it out – the last thing we need is this coming up from behind when we're taking out the big guns. Since some of the others have rushed ahead into the room, Mierin focuses on the zombie for the moment. Taking malice, Mierin continues to separate the zombie's head from its shoulders.

Once the zombie is down, Mierin will head into he room with the others and look around, taking stock of where she can be the most useful.

Actions
OOC Comments
1. attempts to decapitate it with her sword. Strike: 1d20 = 1, Damage, if hit: 5d6+8 = 28
2. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+6 = 10
3. attempts to decapitate it with her sword. Strike: 1d20 = 17, Damage, if hit: 5d6+8 = 23
4. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+6 = 10
5. attempts to decapitate it with her sword. Strike: 1d20 = 17, Damage, if hit: 5d6+8 = 20
6. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+6 = 19
7. attempts to decapitate it with her sword. Strike: 1d20 = 16, Damage, if hit: 5d6+8 = 32
8. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+6 = 21
9. surveys room, trying to figure out what is going on

Auto-parry, if needed (+4 bonus not included): 9d20:
10, 7, 17, 13, 17, 5, 11, 9, 2
Mierin
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies

Stats & Stuff

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Zion » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:35 am

Perception: 1d100 = 61 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 33
Conditions: See Invisible (duration:), Sixth Sense (Triggered), Mind Block-Auto Defense, Null Void, Psi Nullification, Sense Supernatural (300'/ 1200') WB12, pg30, Radiate Nature (12'/ 100') WB12, pg30

Clear Zion takes a split second and peeks through the doorway. He turns his rifle and his attention back towards the main group. Realizing his mistake, Zion begins to run in the direction of Rocky. Reaching the mouth of the tunnel running northward, he readies himself for as anything. He turns the corner and proceeds to move up into the hallways. Continuing past the test of his teammates. Zion tries to avoid getting people line of sight. He quickly moves through the tunnel to avoid any interruptions to anyone casting magick the use of psionics. Heading for the door he passes through. He checked the corners adjacent to his sides before looking back to the far side of the room. Zion strafes to his right (east) before taking a shot at the harvester.

Combat Actions

Initiative:1d20+1 = 4

Action 1: Run back towards Rocky.
Action 2: Turn and move northward up the hallway
Action 3: Pass through the doorway and side step to the east.
Action 4:Attack harvester with Wilk's 457 LPR. strike: 1d20+1 = 6 damage: 3d6+2 = 16
Action 5: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+6 = 7

Save vs HF (when coming into LOS of Harvester): 1d20+2 = 7 EP purchase for Deus ex Machina here.
Zion

Constant Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense, Six Sense, Sense Supernatural Beings, Radiate Nature, Null Void, Psi Nullification and interference

Equipment
Morning Star
    2d6 MD
    30 shots per LE-Clip
Zion
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:45 am

Perception: 1d100 = 3/40% CRIT success
JIC (100): 1d100 = 59
JIC (20): 1d20 = 11

***MEADOWS/STORMSPIRE GROUP***

Conditions: Nightvision 1000', See the Invisible

Lahz wrote:"Meadows has made it to Stormspire. It's lacking in amenities unless someone knows a good rendezvous point ... We are light 2 members, 1 dead, 1 flew off in the rain ... gained a random Golem-thingy."

"Felix flew off ... maybe back to Merctown post-fight. Tony met the bad end of a reactor explosion, Blackman better have a line on a f___ing replacement. Zed the bird-guy is MIA. Golem calls itself Yo-Jim-Bo. You have an idea where you wanna crash here?"

Yojimbo pauses playing his flute to respond to the radio chatter.

"Yojimbo the 'Golem thingy' here - though I may look like a Golem, I am very much autonomous and alive. Let me know where you all decide on staying and I will stand guard. I have no need of food, sleep, or other restorative measures. I am still moving toward the main Spire. Interesting place."

Golem thingy? he thinks to himself. I suppose that's what I most closely approximate to most people, though... he thinks to himself and continues to play his simple wooden flute, enjoying the melodious sounds as he continues toward the main Spire.

At some point, he realizes, based on the stares he gets, that he isn't wearing his poncho and stops to put it on. Perhaps this will attract less attention.. he thinks.

The Holy Terror then continues his journey toward the Spire while playing his flute.

Skill Roll: Play Musical Instrument (flute) 1d100 = 7/52%
Yojimbo
Current Status
M.D.C. (main body): 1032/1032
P.P.E.: 460/460
I.S.P.: 85/85

Weapons and Items Worn or Carried

Always On
  • See the Invisible
  • Nightvision (1000ft)
  • Indefatigable

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: N/A! Depleting the main body (or destroying the head) will destroy Yojimbo.
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): N/A
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12): +7
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Impervious to supernatural possession, can survive indefinitely in vacuum/at any depth, impervious to weather/exposure, indefatigable, impervious to poison, drugs, or magic potions, cannot be turned into a vampire, immune to vampire's mind control bite
Rune weapons and fire inflict double damage Holy Terrors. Furthermore, Holy Terrors cannot use any type of symbiotic organism or learn to commune with Wormwood magic. They can draw power from symbiotic crystals and stones.
Yojimbo

Postby Rocky » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:19 pm

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 19
JIC d20: 1d20 = 15 / d100: 1d100 = 8

Lexington Group
Conditions
[OOC] Comments
Six Sense
See Invisible
Natural Ability

Shadow cloak, Shadow Meld: as per the spell at 5th level of proficiency (p.103, BoM) Activation Cost: 10 P.P.E.
Enhance Reflexes: ISP.: 10 This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens al natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.). The psionic power provides the psychic with a +3 to Perception, + I to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +I0% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl).
Ghost
Night Vision (4)
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% 1d100 = 45
• Automatically sense all presences [OOC]

INIT 1d20+2 = 7
As Rocky enters he moves to the left to get a view of the Necromancer who is slammed against the wall and the undead. He starts shooting At the Undead with the Thundergun trying to take him down quickly when the undead is done he switches to the necromancer
Action 1: TGT Undead TW Thunder gun, Strike 1d20+5 = 17
Damage: 5d6 = 15
Action 2: TW Thunder gun, Strike 1d20+5 = 16
Damage: 5d6 = 17
Action 3 TW Thunder gun, Strike 1d20+5 = 11
Damage: 5d6 = 24
Action 4: TW Thunder gun, Strike 1d20+5 = 14
Action 5: TW Thunder gun, Strike 1d20+5 = 6
Damage: 5d6 = 10
Action 6: TW Thunder gun, Strike 1d20+5 = 23
Action 7: Strikes the Necro With the Phase sword (by pass armor) Strike 1d20+12 = 18
Damage: 4d6 = 9
Parry: 1d20+16 = 29 , 1d20+16 = 22 , 1d20+16 = 35 , 1d20+16 = 32 , 1d20+16 = 35 , 1d20+16 = 19 , 1d20+16 = 36
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jack Killian » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:49 pm

Perception: 79% 1d100 = 49
JIC: 1d100 = 14 / 1d100 = 96

Meadow Group
Condition
Comments
OOC Comments
On a Ley Line

Jack looks at the others who are not going in then speaks, “Let's head up the hill to a better place, I don’t need a drink this bad, especially if it ain’t my own town. They might spike my drink, and leave me with nothing but a story to tell.”
He looks to Minerva and says, “Hey beautiful let’s get out of this dive and find a better place. Do you mind giving a weary traveler a lift a bit further inland?” Jack gets back on the bike if she lets him.

Jack listens to the radio chatter to see how the other groups are doing. When he gets a chance, he mentions to Lahz, "I need to get a ride here do you have any idea where to go look? Beside more magic weapons."
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:

Weapon Carried:

Range:
Damage:
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:

Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby William Summers » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:09 am

Perception: 1d100 = 86/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 43

Conditions
  • SDC: 0/178
  • HP: 3/178
  • Ley Line Proximity: Double range/duration/damage, Will can draw 10PPE/melee. Double magic weapon damage/range.
  • Personal PPE: 0/178
  • Captured PPE: 356/356. 0/60 minutes

Will rests in the ATRV, absorbs PPE from the ley line and thinks about this most recent adventure. I've dealt with tougher than this mission before and survived. What was I missing? Why wasn't my best enough? Have I not been training? Have I become complacent? No, I train daily. Maybe its time for a change of pace for me. I'll have to give this more thought. When I'm not on the brink of death.

Ronan wrote:He'll clasp Will on his back and add, "Seriously though, glad your back. You were only gone a few minutes but the fact you got back up is astounding, on your front, and on Vheld's."

The attention brings Will out of his reverie and back to this reality. The one where everything aches. He smiles as best he's able to Ronan's comment. "Thanks Skyman. I missed the action and that's always going to eat at me. But I'm glad I'm back for more too. Vheld is... quite the mage. I'll have to thank him appropriately when I get the chance."
Wakiza wrote:Wak gives him a half smile, "Well, when you see a blast come at your chest . . . move. I brought a suit of Naruni Raider armor you can use."

He looks to Will, "Does that armor work for now? Fortunately for you we are heading to Stormspire."

Turning to Wak, he nods graciously. "This kinda material keeps me from casting at full strength, but it'll keep me alive until the next chance I have for armor. Thanks brother."

Will takes the Naruni armor and finds a marker in the ATRV. Then on the chest, he draws a dot with lines coming out of it like a sun. He draws the same symbol on his own chest, and chants the words "Suojella Elämää" (Lifeward, -20 PPE). He then dons the armor and tests out the feel of it. He spends the rest of his time absorbing more PPE from the Ley Line they're traveling on/near to keep his captured reserves topped up.
The Man in Black
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Minerva » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:22 am

Perception: 1d100 = 4/54%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 18

Conditions
    Psi-Sword
  • Damage: 8D6 (6D6 base + 1 die from ley line +1D6 from fencing) Double vs Xombies and Harvesters.
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 5/35 MDC
  • 70/70 MDC
  • 3/4 Activations
    Stalker Suit
  • 12/12 MDC
    Cloak of Protection
  • 50/50 MDC
  • Impervious to Fire
  • 0/10 minutes
  • 3/3 Activations
  • 0/2 hours
  • 3/3 Activations
    On a Ley Line

Lahz wrote:
Minerva wrote:"This is truly a shithole. Ace, you head in with Volcano. I'll be out here watching my bike." And leaning against the wall of the tavern they chose, Minerva does just that.

An open scoff chimes back, “Pfffft ... Hard pass. It's nice in here, hell I might put on some music."

"Then we all just sit in the rain? Let's explore the city. No one wants to drink at this bar."

Lahz wrote:
Wakiza wrote:Wak uses the radio on their RV, "Any Roughnecks out there? We just left the Temple."

“See there? Saved by the Comms. Sounds like survival for the Temple Group. Shouldn't be surprised, they had Deuce."

"He is a bad ass. He probably just stole the zombies from the necromancers. Glad they made it out OK."

Lahz wrote:"If we can get a local maybe we can get a damn recommendation," he says to no one in particular.

"I'll give it a shot." Minerva looks to anyone walking the street and asks "Where's a safe place for a traveler to recharge? Food, drink, sleep, etcetera." (Charm: 1d100 = 20/70%)

Jack Killian wrote:He looks to Minerva and says, “Hey beautiful let’s get out of this dive and find a better place. Do you mind giving a weary traveler a lift a bit further inland?” Jack gets back on the bike if she lets him.

"Hold on, bombero. We need to get some info before we just head out."

If she receives info from a local, she guides the group directly there. If no one wants to talk to the pretty lady, she heads toward the main spire with Yojimbo bringing Jack along on her Black Talon.
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:56 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map

Stormspire Group
Conditions:
Time: 2330
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire

Order of Battle
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Yojimbo (Roughnecks; walking)
Zed (Roughnecks; walking)

Lahz strongly counsels against heading into the shithole tavern, and instead seeking higher ground. For once, everyone is in unanimous agreement with Lahz. Minerva looks up and down the "street" such as it is, and spies nobody walking around in this weather or in this filth at this very late hour of the night. Resigned but relieved, they travel a mile further into Stormspire, following the natural contours of the terrain and always seeking elevation. Gradually and in spurts, the road improves. In the last few hundred yards there are actual sidewalks along the streets which are actually paved, and have what look to be run-off ditches along the sides of them. Sewage is not apparent. The roads are in rough shape, but look to be maintained, and the common thoroughfares are well lit with neon advertisements and regular street lamps. A large sign catches the eyes of the traveler: Stormspire Suites & Conference Center. A concrete parking garage with open bays for atypical vehicles adjoins the seven story building with the bright signage which advertises rest, quality accommodations, a number of comfortable amenities...and no mention of price. From this venue, they can just see the top of the great tower in the distance through buildings competing for space in the skyline. The tower itself looks to be no more than a half mile further.

Soulharvest Group
Conditions:
Time: 2330
Environmental Effects: 85°, oppressively humid; night time/dark
Ley Line: 5 miles long, 500' thick, East-West axis, centered on Temple Mound; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%

Order of Battle
Mouser
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)

Wakiza in unable to raise anyone via the ATRV's radio. Ray looks up at him, "Sir, the operational range of our communications system falls well short of reaching anyone so far as we've traveled. We'll have to close a lot of distance before trying again." (That two-way conversation never happened.) Wakiza then offers Will a suit of armor. (This has been transferred between PC equipment sheets.) Vheld, weary from the battle, exchanges passing words with Ronan and Seymour before heading back to his appointed cabin in this flying, alien, mini-motel. Ronan, for his part, makes his way up to the observation deck, sits down, and pens a note in his journal. Will retreats back to his cabin, casts as invocation on his new set of armor, then lays down to rest and absorb whatever ambient energy he can. Sadly, they're no longer in close proximity to the ley line, but his need remains the same. It occurs to Will that at this moment, they could really use a Body Fixer or Psi-Healer on the Roughnecks, or at least a well equipped medical suite. Seymour delivers the book to Vheld then waits nervously during the return trip to his vehicle. (Proofread your posts! The writing is full of typos!)

Ray eventually spots teh cargonaut after some time searching the dense canopy in the night for any sign of it. Eventually it's spotted, and Ray settles the ATRV down through the forest canopy, and onto the forest floor a few dozen feet away from Seymour's tracked vehicle. Seymour and a handful of the others get out and help him haul all of his crates of gear into the cramped cargo space of the ATRV. The Cargonaut rests amid the forest, now empty of not just fuel but also cargo.

(The following is ready for transfer to Seymour's character sheet. Complete the transfer before the next GM post. This is your one shot at recovering your stuff. Content removed.)

Lexington Ruins Group
Conditions:
Time: 2030.25
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%

Order of Battle
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Zion (MARS)

Wolf manages to get in a single shot at the soulless village boy before Mierin moves in, then focuses on the Necromancer being smashed by John’s meat club. Mierin ducks a few clumsy blows from the relatively slow-moving, soulless village boy, and with a single strike from Malice, cleaves the xombie’s head clear of its neck. The corpse of the young villager collapses to the floor in a bloody heap. John calls out as he reaches for the Murder Wraith, "Innocent civilians, please leave the battlefield! This is very dangerous!" The Murder Wraith hits him with an energy blast and a melee strike, and the Necromancer strikes him with some terribly painful black lightning shit that John’s never even imagined possible while he’s stunned with sudden, inexplicable fear. But once blasted, he snaps out of it and is able to seize the undead in his rocky hands. Once so gripped, John uses his newfound meat club with devastating efficiency. After a half-dozen smashing blows, along with the efforts of Saul’s telekinesis, Rocky moves to the left as he advances and starts shooting the undead that John’s using as a meat club. He’s a very experienced shooter, however, so this is akin to moving target practice at a range, and Rocky lands every shot. With his last shot, the Thundergun’s last smoking chamber is empty. Zion makes sure the back entry is clear then runs back to join the others. He turns the corner and up into the passage crammed with his teammates. He ducks under and through them and into the room, but finds the Harvester a pupled and unrecognizable heap of gore on the floor to one side of the altar and the woman now bathed in grit and gore who’s still bound atop it. The juicer plate that the Murder Wraith was wearing hangs off of its rotting corpse in shambles, but aside from a handful of scorch marks, the murder wraith itself is still a very animated undead horror in John’s grasp...and John can’t hold it forever.

MAP

GM NOTES:

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Jack Killian: -119 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-18 shots, Enhanced Perception; Psychic Body Field: 70/-61
John Altfeld: -195 M.D.
Lahz: (Sustain active), -56 I.S.P.
Marauder PA: Mini-Missiles: EMPTY; LPC: 240 shots/-44 shots; WI-GL8: -33 silver shots; N-F50A Force Field: popped; 1 Secondary Optics/Camera destroyed
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Minerva: -75 I.S.P.; -30 M.D. to Psionic Crystal Armor ; Psionic Force Field: 70/ ; Hyper-TK activated at 2030.5 (12 mins)
NE-ATRV:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Rocky: -50 I.S.P.; Intangible, Shadow Meld, Enhanced Reflexes; Thundergun: 6/-6 shots;
Ronan: Mega-Juicer Combat EBA & Armored Flight Suit: DESTROYED; -22 personal M.D.
Saul: -26 P.P.E.; Wings: Fly as the Eagle @1930 (60 mins); Shadow Meld @2020 (10 mins); Sixth Sense active; -30 M.D.
Seymour:
Silhouette:
Slithn:
Sshir: -36 M.D.C.
Vheld: P.P.E. tracked in sig-line; -2 charges/invincible armor talisman; -16 S.D.C.
Wakiza: -100 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; EBA FF popped, -24 from P.P.E. Battery
William Summers: 3 H.P. only; Lifeward on NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor;
Wolf Whitaker: .44 Mag: 6/-1 shot; NE-6SL: 6/-5 shots;
Zed: 177 P.P.E.; Energy Sphere: 300 P.P.E.
Zion: -20 ISP
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Augur
Admin

Postby Ronan » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:59 am

JiC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 96
Perception [33%]: 1d100 = 82

Detect Ambush [54%]: 1d100 = 7 (Avoid forestry ambushes, maintain overwatch)

Ronan will aid in the transportation of materials from the Cargonaught back to the ATV, then reassume his place in the observation deck with his KLS at the low ready. So far so good, doesn't seem like we've been followed and the vehicle was left alone which implies there are no vagabonds in the area. Ronan muses to himself and will queue the radio to reach those below deck. "So far so good, it doesn't look like we were followed at this point. We should be clear to head to the next meeting point without trouble, though I am keeping an eye on the horizon just in case. Let me know if I am needed elsewhere." Ronan responds and then returns his gaze outward. He will lift his goggles for probably the first time since landing amid the observation deck, where his silver-glossed eyes can see clearly in the night.

His eyes trace the Ley Line off in the distance as they are able and he relinquishes a sigh; I hope my team is doing okay. Maybe I'll see you again someday... but it doesn't look like it'll be this day. I can't walk away from such a threat... though if I die and see you on the other side... well, I could accept that fate. Ronan resigns internally at the prospect of returning home to his former teammates amidst the current threat.

Contingency: Should the ATV come under fire or it begin to rain/storm, he will Silver-Up immediately in armor.
Skadoosh
Active Abilities:

Active Gear:
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vheld » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:49 am

Soulharvest Group
JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 67
PER: 1d100 = 83 vs. 76%

Lore: Magic- 4d100:
88, 97, 96, 100
vs. 94%
Research- 1d100 = 32 vs. 59%
For understanding the contents of the various documents/books/etc. retrieved.

At last- the rest of the team is taking care of business, his enemies lie (more or less) dead behind him, and Vheld can stop talking to people and do what he loves- curl up with a magical grimoire. The shifter has one too many demons or shady deals in his past to ever truly be at peace, but with Sil next to him and much to read it’s as close as he is ever likely to get again. A shame about Brokswa and Bel’Dar. They shall have to be replaced when next I have the opportunity. Unfortunately for Vheld, his studies are interrupted by people who keep talking to him.

Wakiza wrote:"Hey Vheld, nice moves for a mage, you can handle yourself and a sword. I was wondering, can you create talismans? Was considering picking a few up. Can you create them to hold that armor spell those necros were using? How much would you charge me for one or two of those? May be useful during the next scrape."
Suppressing his irritation at being interrupted, Vheld replies ”Likewise. The talismans are simple enough to create- I merely require a ley line nexus and time. However, the latter I am not sure I can provide. I have replacement minions to summon, a new energy sphere to create, and somehow I doubt Nxla will sit idly by and give us time to restore ourselves after disrupting his ritual. Rituals, assuming the other teams are successful.”

”All the procedure will require from you is an appropriate bauble or trinket to serve as the host for the spell. I recommend you pick something small, that you can wear next to your skin and under your armor. I was able to pick up a number of them in MercTown for only a couple dozen credits apiece. Bear in mind, however, each talisman has only three charges, and can only be recharged by myself, personally. Should you wish to proceed, I shall do what I can. No payment is required- but you will owe me a small favor.” Vheld smiles thinly and (he hopes) enigmatically from under the hood of his cloak. Maybe that will discourage him.

Seymour Ruiz wrote:”Wow!! You are a big puppy. *carefully sticks out a hand for a sniff* Arent you a pretty girl. My name is Seymour.”
Sil perks up from where she lays, curled on the floor at Vheld’s feet, and turns her glowing blue eyes on Seymour. She cautiously sniffs the outstretched hand, gives it a perfunctory lick, and then returns to her nap. It’s been a big day. At her side, Vheld cocks an eyebrow. ”It seems she likes you.”

Seymour Ruiz wrote:”If you like, i can stasy and help with fiquring this stuff out?” He waves hois hand at the papers when he says “stuff”.
Vheld considers Seymour’s offer. The shifter has long preferred to work as a solitary scholar, and is reluctant to invite anyone else to share it with him… But, he thought as he reflected on the mass of material retrieved from the library, there was an outside chance Seymour would reduce the time it would take Vheld to go through it all. And no doubt, there was a lot of useless garbage among the materials that Seymour could sift out. With a soft sigh, Vheld replies ”Very well. I’ll take a look at that book first- you start sorting through the sack. Make three piles. One for anything that looks like it might be instructions for learning a spell. One for anything that is clearly mundane, and one for anything you aren’t sure about.” Somehow I suspect the latter will be the largest, but we’ll see.

Seymour Ruiz wrote:”Yes, it is out of gas. Good thing is it runs on almost any liquid. But m,ainly, i want to get what gear i left….. If any remains.”
Vheld wants to ignore the comment- but a teammate is a teammate, after all. ”If it runs on water, Sshir can create some for you to use as fuel. Otherwise, I recommend stripping it down as much as possible. We are not likely to return to this godsforsaken place anytime soon.” Vheld makes no move to assist with the effort to reclaim Seymour’s gear, however- he has books to read. If he’s asked, he will order Sshir to assist.
Leave me alone.
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:19 am

Perception: 1d100 = 82/24%
JIC: 1d20 = 18;1d100 = 57

Paranoid Thought Text

Lexington Ruins Group

Wolf lets out a low chuckle as the Harvester is splattered against the wall with it's own creation. Well that was big and i'm glad John is on our side. I don't think there is much that I could do against him...No not much. He would kill you in an instant. Befriend that one. Instill loyalty. He is the one you need to keep with you...You're not going to tell me he is going to kill me?...even if I did you don't stand a chance against him, either way we still have one more undead to deal with...Damn I can't get a clean shot. To many people...Ceiling...I like where your head is at...You better its the same place yours is.

Wolf will holster both of his weapons and calls out to John. "John hold it still!" Wolf will then draw his un-fired .44 mag pistol and his pocket mirror. Wolf will use the mirror to see over the crowd so he can aim his shots and bounce the shots off the ceiling into the murder wraith. Wolf gives a small smile as he fires.
Sharpshooting
Can shoot over his shoulder by holding up a mirror and using the reflection to aim; no penalties, keep full bonuses to strike.

Ricochet shot! The shooter can bounce bullets, arrows, slings, and other fired projectiles off of one surface and angle the shot in such a way that the projectile ricochets bounces off and hits a different/second target! Inflicts only one point of damage to the first surface and full damage to the second. Reduce bonuses to strike by half.

Combat:

Init: 1d20+14 = 15

Action 1: Holster current weapons and Yell at John, "John hold it still!".
Action 2: Draw un-fired .44 mag revolver and pocket mirror.
Action 3: Ricochet shot-Ceiling to Murder Wraith- Strike: 1d20+2 = 15; Damage: 5d6 = 16 (silver)
Action 4: Ricochet shot-Ceiling to Murder Wraith- Strike: 1d20+2 = 22nat 20; Damage: 5d6 = 16 (silver) x2 = 32
Action 5: Ricochet shot-Ceiling to Murder Wraith- Strike: 1d20+2 = 19; Damage: 5d6 = 23 (silver)
Action 6: Ricochet shot-Ceiling to Murder Wraith- Strike: 1d20+2 = 14; Damage: 5d6 = 16 (silver)

Auto parry: 1d20+9 = 25; 1d20+9 = 16; 1d20+9 = 28; 1d20+9 = 11; 1d20+9 = 16; 1d20+9 = 27
Wolf Whitaker

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Silver 6/6
Silver 0/6

Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Saul » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:12 pm

Perception Bonus: 32% /58% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 5 (CRIT. SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 10
1d100 = 93

Conditions: Shadow Meld (from armor; ??/40 melees); Sixth Sense (Triggered); Armor of Ithan (20/50 MDC)

Lexington Ruins Group

Saul grins cruelly when the Harvester is pulped. Ritual is over. Now it's just clean-up. He sees John's gigantic pebbly form wielding the murder wraith as a mallet, the crowd of people trying to exit, and the woman - whom he may have injured in his mad attempt to grab the Harvester - still bound to the altar.

"Rocky, Clear a path for the innocents!" First thing: Protect the innocents With that, he uses his mental abilities to erect a dome of energy over the hapless sacrifice (Energy Field; -10 PPE). Then, he begins to focus on slaying the Murder Wraith. Again, he casts an Electric Arc (-8 PPE), which he aims at the Murder Wraith in John's grasp, arcing it around and around the room to lance the undead with electric death over and over. "Watch your fingers, John!" Assuming... that form even HAS fingers.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 17

Action 1: cast Energy Field over the altar-bound victim (-10 PPE; dome of 60 MDC) "Rocky, Clear a path for the innocents!"
Action 2: Cast Electric Arc (-8 PPE) 1d20+2 = 10; Damage 2d6 = 5 MD "Watch your fingers, John!"
Action 3: redirect Electric Arc; 1d20+2 = 19; Damage 2d6 = 5 MD
Action 4: redirect Electric Arc; 1d20+2 = 4; Damage 2d6 = 6 MD
Action 5: redirect Electric Arc; 1d20+2 = 19; Damage 2d6 = 6 MD
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+3 = 5

Total PPE spent: 18 PPE

If his Armor of Ithan gets popped, Saul will sacrifice an action to reactivate it from his armor (-10 PPE)
OOC Comments

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
TW Features:
Saul

Postby Vheld » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:25 am

Vheld wrote:Soulharvest Group
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 16, Original post: 1d100 = 67
PER: Original post: 1d100 = 83 vs. 76%
Journal wrote:Vheld finds that the journal is full of notes on how to adapt the soul stealing of the Harvesters into a ritual oriented at the Horseman of Death. The journal is warded and the notes copious to the point that replication or commitment to memory is impossible. In the margins of the notes, periodically throughout the journal, are comments and questions which indicate incredible frustration, rage, and likely no small amount of mental instability. Vheld can also tell that this journal is no recent creation, but rather the culmination of a life's work due to the subtle but considerable changes to the penmanship, the quality of the inks used, and the increasingly angry and possibly irrational commentaries in the margins. Apparently, the mage back at that village from near the beginning of their journey has been working hard at deciphering particular spells and rituals of incredible power his entire life.
Vheld's eyes widen fractionally as he realizes what it is he has before him, with frustration rapidly overtaking wonder as it dawns on him that he will be unable to learn the spell before the time comes to return the journal. Still, the prospect of such a powerful spell is too tantalizing to pass up without exhausting every possible option. Once he's finished reviewing the materials, Vheld lifts his head up and addresses Seymour. "Stop what you are doing. I want you to see if you can capture digital images of this journal. Readable images. If you can manage that, I am prepared to reward you appropriately." It seems unlikely that the wards would not extend to technological apparatuses. But perhaps this unstable genius we're dealing with got sloppy in his old age.
Leave me alone.
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jack Killian » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:00 pm

Perception: 79% 1d100 = 55
JIC: 1d100 = 100 / 1d100 = 43

Meadow Group in Stormspire

Condition
Comments
OOC Comments
On a Ley Line
  • Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific up to the hidescription of power.

Jack gets on the back of the Black Talon behind Minerva. He speaks to her, “Thank you again.”

As the party heads up town, he sees a big Difference, just like back in Aussieland go to the hills where the rich like to gather. Jack sees the Stormspire Suites and Conference Center’s bright lights and he speaks up, “This is great. Now this is what I’m talking about.”

Then he hears a voice in his head and responds to the rest of his group over the radio, “Lahz, your father sent me a message. His Team is in there.” He points toward the bright lights. “He says he is been talking to Magestar and Dunscon? I have no idea who or what they are. He says we need to talk to everyone, uh, all your people.”
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

M.D.C. by Location:
Features:

Weapon Carried:

Range:
Damage:
Payload:

Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:

Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rocky » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:11 pm

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 66
JIC d20: 1d20 = 19 / d100: 1d100 = 68

Lexington Group
Conditions
OOC Comments
Comments
Six Sense
See Invisible
Natural Ability

Ghost
Night Vision (4)
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% 1d100 = 24
• Automatically sense all presences

INIT 1d20+2 = 22

Saul
"Rocky, Clear a path for the innocents!

Rocky wants to say something to Saul but realizes he is in the way of a horde of people trying to get out of the way of the mayhem that is being brought down by his group in the small altar room. So, he says, “If you want to live follow me.” He turns and leads the group to the room to the south.

Invoke Trust: 84% 1d100 = 14

Rocky stops and holds up his hands and speaks, “We need to wait for the others. We are not sure what else might be up there. It is about over so take a minute and catch your breaths. When we head out you do exactly as my team tells you. Is that clear. "

Action 1: TW Thunder gun, holstered. Grabs CFT Auto Shooter
Action 2 leads survivors out
Action 3 Have them hold up in the southern room.
Action 4:
Action 5:
Action 6:
Action 7:
Parry: 1d20+16 = 18 , 1d20+16 = 26 , 1d20+16 = 19 , 1d20+16 = 20 , 1d20+16 = 19 , 1d20+16 = 32 , 1d20+16 = 24
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby John Altfeld » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:15 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 22 /73%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 12

RUINS GROUP

CONDITIONS: John is at his 40'8" size (40,000+ lbs in a 9' high x 12' wide x 12' long 'cube'), Pebbles, See Invisible, Radar to 900', and Can't be Touched by Undead.

John looks down at the Murder Wraith. "You make a good club. Want to team up? No?"

He holds the Murder Wraith out in front of him, its feet near the ceiling, head pointing down. "Can someone behead this with a magic weapon or something?"

Combat Stuff
Initiative: 1d20+13 = 29

Priority Tree: Continue to grapple Murder Wraith and hold it out for the rest of the team to dispatch. If Murder Wraith Escapes, recapture/grapple.

Action 1: Hold Murder Wraith out for team execution. If Murder Wraith Escapes, recapture. Recapture Strike: 1d20+10 = 13
Action 2: Hold Murder Wraith out for team execution. If Murder Wraith Escapes, recapture. Recapture Strike: 1d20+10 = 23
Action 3: Hold Murder Wraith out for team execution. If Murder Wraith Escapes, recapture. Recapture Strike: 1d20+10 = 11
Action 4: Hold Murder Wraith out for team execution. If Murder Wraith Escapes, recapture. Recapture Strike: 1d20+10 = 28
Action 5: Hold Murder Wraith out for team execution. If Murder Wraith Escapes, recapture. Recapture Strike: 1d20+10 = 23
Action 6: Hold Murder Wraith out for team execution. If Murder Wraith Escapes, recapture. Recapture Strike: 1d20+10 = 14
Action 7: Hold Murder Wraith out for team execution. If Murder Wraith Escapes, recapture. Recapture Strike: 1d20+10 = 20
Action 8: Hold Murder Wraith out for team execution. If Murder Wraith Escapes, recapture. Recapture Strike: 1d20+10 = 13
Action 9: Hold Murder Wraith out for team execution. If Murder Wraith Escapes, recapture. Recapture Strike: 1d20+10 = 27

Parries: 1d20+14 = 21, 1d20+14 = 21, 1d20+14 = 18, 1d20+14 = 30, 1d20+14 = 30, 1d20+14 = 21, 1d20+14 = 26, 1d20+14 = 29

Auto-dodges: 1d20+1 = 3, 1d20+1 = 5, 1d20+1 = 12, 1d20+1 = 16, 1d20+1 = 15, 1d20+1 = 15
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby William Summers » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:55 am

Perception: 1d100 = 86/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 22

Conditions
  • SDC: 0/62
  • HP: 3/60
  • Personal PPE: 10/178
  • Captured PPE: 0/356. 0/60 minutes
  • NE-BA-50 Raider Heavy Body Armor:
    • Helmet: 80
    • Arms: 55 each
    • Legs: 80 each
    • Main Body: 140
    • Lifeward: BoM pg 121
    • Must spend 20% more PPE to cast spells
    • Additional Effects: 1d100 = 71 - 61-80% Reduce both range and duration of the spell by 20%.

As the others help Seymour unload his Cargonaut, Will meditates in his cabin. Legs crossed, hands folded, the big guy lets his thoughts melt away and his consciousness become one with magic. Flickers of things important to him drift through his mind, but he holds on to them the way a sieve holds on to water. Dweomer, The Eye of Odin, The Roughnecks, Brianna, The Eye of Odin, Thirsty Pete, The Eye of Odin, The Eye of Odin, THE EYE OF ODIN DEMANDS YOU CUT OUT YOUR LEFT EYE NOW

Will shocks back to reality after an hour of meditation and stares at his left hand. He hadn't placed the Eye there when he started, but there it was, staring back at him. "Damn." Done with meditation for the moment, Will puts the Eye back in its pouch, gets back into bed and tries to catch some Zs while he has the chance.
The Man in Black
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Minerva » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:34 am

Perception: 1d100 = 67/54%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 65

Conditions
    Psi-Sword
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 5/35 MDC
  • 70/70 MDC
  • 3/4 Activations
    Stalker Suit
  • 12/12 MDC
    Cloak of Protection
  • 50/50 MDC
  • Impervious to Fire
  • 0/10 minutes
  • 3/3 Activations
  • 0/2 hours
  • 3/3 Activations
    On a Ley Line

At the sight of Stormspire Suites & Conference Center, Minerva's eyes light up.

Jack Killian wrote:“This is great. Now this is what I’m talking about.”

"Finally, some comfort. I can battle all day, but señorita needs un baño. Puedes unirte a mí, linda." Minerva parks the Black Talon and heads into the lobby of the Stormspire Suites & Conference Center. Heading to the reception desk, she says "Evening. I would like two rooms please. One large bed in each. I saw a place for parking. How secure is this parking? We have critical gear that must be protected. I'm sure you understand."

Once the reception desk lays the room options out for her, she'll make a decision for the team, pay for the rooms and then head up. "Ace, here's your room key. Volcano and I will be in room [insert numbers]. If we're meeting with your father when the entire group is present, we must get some rest, no?"

Translations
"Puedes unirte a mí, linda."="You are welcome to join me, cutie."
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Zion » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 74 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 18
Conditions: See Invisible (duration:), Sixth Sense activated, Mind Block-Auto Defense, Null Void, Psi Nullification, Sense Supernatural (300'/ 1200') WB12, pg30, Radiate Nature (12'/ 100') WB12, pg30

Watching down the barrel, Zion contemplates how he is going to be useful. He restrains himself from squeezing the trigger. Instead he watches and waits. Zion also watches to see if any of the corpses will reanimate themselves. May I and I protect him and keep him safe. "Let's hurry an fin'sh it."

Combat Actions

Initiative:1d20+1 = 6

If any of the corpses are reanimated is the following:
Action 1: Speak "Gotta live one here!"and attack with Wilk's 457 LPR. strike: 1d20+1 = 7 damage: 3d6+2 = 11
Contingency: if first shot does no damage ten stop firings and use alternate set of actions below.
Action 2: Attack with Wilk's 457 LPR. strike: 1d20+1 = 11 damage: 3d6+2 = 17
Action 3: Attack with Wilk's 457 LPR. strike: 1d20+1 = 10 damage: 3d6+2 = 14
Action 4: Attack with Wilk's 457 LPR. strike: 1d20+1 = 5 damage: 3d6+2 = 9
Action 5: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+6 = 15

If none of the corpses are reanimated use the following:
Action 1: Speak "Let's hurry an fin'sh it."
and remain in position. Dodge 1d20+6 = 15
Action 2: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+6 = 17
Action 3: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+6 = 11
Action 4: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+6 = 10
Action 5: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+6 = 22
Zion

Equipment
Morning Star
    2d6 MD
    30 shots per LE-Clip
Zion
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mierin » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 9 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 68
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 27

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 59 (88%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 49 (59%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Prowl 1d100 = 58 (83%) attempting to be as quiet as possible to avoid detection

Lexington Ruins Group

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments

Mierin nods, satisfied when she decapitates the zombie. Finally. Heading into the room with the others, Mierin raises an eyebrow at the scene, wondering what she missed.

He holds the Murder Wraith out in front of him, its feet near the ceiling, head pointing down. "Can someone behead this with a magic weapon or something?"

When Mierin hears this, she replies telepathically, not wanting to give her position away to anyone who can't see her when she is invisible. On my way' (telepathy, 4 ISP). Mierin then wastes no time heading over to where John is. Hopefully, I can do this a second time' Mierin thinks to herself as she attempts to behead the MW, doing her best to avoid any attacks that may come her way.

Actions
OOC Comments
1. goes into ritual room and looks around
2. replies to John telepathically and heads over to where he is.
3. attempts to decapitate Murder Wraith with her sword. Strike: 1d20 = 13, Damage, if hit: 5d6+8 = 25
4. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+6 = 14
5. attempts to decapitate Murder Wraith with her sword. Strike: 1d20 = 8, Damage, if hit: 5d6+8 = 24
6. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+6 = 22
7. attempts to decapitate Murder Wraith with her sword. Strike: 1d20 = 16, Damage, if hit: 5d6+8 = 26
8. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+6 = 9
9. attempts to decapitate Murder Wraith with her sword. Strike: 1d20 = 12, Damage, if hit: 5d6+8 = 24

Auto-parry, if needed (+4 bonus not included): 9d20:
20, 11, 6, 4, 9, 2, 6, 11, 4
Mierin

Stats & Stuff

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:27 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 31
Init: 1d20 = 14
Perc: 30% / 1d100 = 19
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 60
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 20

Conditions:
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 58

Skills Used
Research -- 73% / 1d100 = 86 - sort papers
Lore: Magic - id spell formula??
--General Knowledge: 50% / 1d100 = 91
--Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 40% / 1d100 = 96
--Recognize Enchantment: 32% / 1d100 = 31
Lore: Psychics & Psionics -- 47% / 1d100 = 8 - id mention of powers
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 53% / 1d100 = 75 - id pictures
Computer Operation 75% / 1d100 = 68 - scan to harddrive
Computer Programming 55% / 1d100 = 2 - write program to help sort
Intelligence 40% / 1d100 = 49 - make piles as requested
Photography -- 58% / 1d100 = 16 - takes stills of book
Appraise Goods -- 67% / 1d100 = 95 - id anything of value (pre - rifts??)
History: Pre-Rifts 32%/24% / 1d100 = 16 - id authentic items

Post -
Soulharvest Group
Glad to have others to help, Seymour sadly moves his belongings to the new ride. Giving the rig a caress, ” I am sorry, my girl. This is it for us. If i can i will come back for you, but chances are this is the end. You were a good and steady truck. I will miss you.” With a tear in his eye, he turns and heads back with the others. Finding a spot near Sil, Seymour sits and rests his hand on her back. Even though she is a demonic wolf, Seymour thinks of her as a big dog.
He listens to the others talk as he awaits instructions from Vheld. Pulling out his notepad, he makes note of the talisman spell and the needed trinket. Then hearing about what Vheld wants to do, Seymour sits back in his seat. With the amount of juice that he must have used in there, I don't blame him for wanting some peace and quiet. But a favor as a price tag?? Well, within reason…. I could live with it. As he listens, he hears Vheld’s comment about his rig.
Seymour looks distraught at the thought of leaving his rig behind. ” I should have been clear. Not any liquid….. Alcohol, well ethanol. To be exact. The higher proof the better.” That reminds me. Now that I have figured out how to make moonshine, I should whip up a batch for my rig.
When Vheld gives his orders, Seymour stands and with a final scratch, ” What say, girl?? Let's get some work done.`` He heads to an open area and starts sorting the papers into the mentioned piles. He will use what he knows as a basis for his piles. Terry taught me about reading and writing… but only in American. I can recognize the format for a recipe, a formula. Hell, I can even guess at foreign languages by the letters and format. I don't have to be able to read it to know what it may be. He then rolls up his sleeves, and pulls out his handheld computer. Between it and his gauntlet, he scans and copies every piece of paper. ” Once I have it all scanned, I can try to write a program to sort it for me.” He looks up at Vheld ” Just need to finish scanning this pile and I can start organizing, which won't take long.” No sooner did Seymour finish speaking, when Vheld says
Vheld wrote:"Stop what you are doing. I want you to see if you can capture digital images of this journal. Readable images. If you can manage that, I am prepared to reward you appropriately."

Seymour stands there slack-jawed. After a moment, he looks at Vheld. ” Maybe you will owe me a favor? Hehe” With that, he turns on his professional side and gets down to the serious work. Time to shine!! Seymour pulls out a bunch of tools and small bits of gear. With a practiced hand, He gently lays the book on a table and scans it with his gauntlet. Pulling out his digital camera, he takes pictures of each side as well the front and back. Ever so gently he opens the book with one hand while looking through the camera lens. Don't want to get hit with some voodoo bullshit. He takes a still shot of every page, cover to cover. He then makes copies of all the papers he just scanned. He gives one copy of the temple file to Vheld, and keeps the others in a secured file on his system.
Seymour Ruiz

Postby Lahz » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:25 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 15 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: 1d100 = 97

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Disgusted / Kinda Tired / Blue], Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days), N-F50A Force Field [---/160]

ISP: [-56] 165/221
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 92

STORMSPIRE LOITERERS

Standing before the Stormspire Suites and Conference Center, Lahz looks up at the lights before heading into the parking structure.

Jack Killian wrote:Then he hears a voice in his head and responds to the rest of his group over the radio, “Lahz, your father sent me a message. His Team is in there.” He points toward the bright lights. “He says he is been talking to Magestar and Dunscon? I have no idea who or what they are. He says we need to talk to everyone, uh, all your people.”

The Psi-Tech checks the Marauder's sensors and radio for recent activity for a few moments:

Radio: Basic 113%: 1d100 = 31
Read Sensory Equipment 93%: 1d100 = 97

“My father? Let me guess? A terse invasive and rude voice that pops up in your head demanding things? Had it my whole childhood. The day the barrier went up I finally got a bit of piece from his condescension ... Odd that while we were on our way to the ceremony he was too busy on his way back to Psyscape to assist us with stopping Nxyla's ceremony because he needed to gather additional forces, and he also took our radio frequency but he would rather invade someone's head uninvited. So Frakking typical.” Lahz disembarks from the Marauder in a safe parking spot, randomizes a 12-digit security code for access [and will tip whatever Valet or security guy is around 500 Credits to watch the Marauder].

"Magestar and Dunscon, they are the folks from that first village. The ones with identical self-righteous condescension, remember? ... Eh whatever, let's go find the old bastage." He will follow a few steps behind the others until they hit a check in desk.

Minerva wrote:Heading to the reception desk, she says "Evening. I would like two rooms please. One large bed in each. I saw a place for parking. How secure is this parking? We have critical gear that must be protected. I'm sure you understand."

Once the reception desk lays the room options out for her, she'll make a decision for the team, pay for the rooms and then head up. "Ace, here's your room key. Volcano and I will be in room [insert numbers]. If we're meeting with your father when the entire group is present, we must get some rest, no?"

Lahz offers a bemused grin to Minerva, "Well Deuce hit me with a spell for that, but you go ahead and try to get a couple hours in at some point young lady." The Psi-Tech will address the desk clerk, "Hi. You have a D'Gemmel staying here? And the hours for the Stormspire Tower store"

** If the clerk answers in the affirmative about D'Gemmel, Lahz will ask to leave a message with a room number for the morning (in case the others will have arrived by then)

"Shopping Attempt"
Lahz will also seek to see if there is a concierge who can provide info on any local vehicle dealerships. Eventually Lahz would like to get hold of an NG-150 Streetrunner Hovercycle (Electric = 91,000 Credits, NG Book 2, Pg 170), or an NG-300 Speedster (Electric = 98,000 Credits)

Appraise Goods 93%: 1d100 = 87
Barter 62%: 1d100 = 31
Charm/Impress: 45%: 1d100 = 66

Xiticix Mace (WB 23, Pg 78, 11,000-15,000 Credits)
Appraise Goods 93%: 1d100 = 22
Barter 62%: 1d100 = 60
Charm/Impress: 45%: 1d100 = 64

Xiticix Sickle Axe (WB 23, Pg 80, 12,000-15,000 Credits)
Appraise Goods 93%: 1d100 = 73
Barter 62%: 1d100 = 94
Charm/Impress: 45%: 1d100 = 45

Convert "Automatic Shotgun" on Marauder with TK Minigun (from common TW Vehicle Features , BOM Pg 336, 100,000 Credits) at Stormspire Shop
Appraise Goods 93%: 1d100 = 71
Barter 62%: 1d100 = 52
Charm/Impress: 45%: 1d100 = 39
Last edited by Lahz on Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor

Lahz
Group Leader

Postby Wakiza » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:56 am

Perception: 1d100 = 44 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 68

Ronan wrote: "So far so good, it doesn't look like we were followed at this point. We should be clear to head to the next meeting point without trouble, though I am keeping an eye on the horizon just in case. Let me know if I am needed elsewhere."

Also over comms, "Well if you don't mind, can you man the Grenade launcher mounted in the rear. Keep watch."

Wak nods to Will, "Yes, get some rest brother. You should be able to pick up armor better suited to you at Stormspire."

He looks at Vheld, "Well I already owe you one for bring Will back." He pulls a necklace off from under his armor. "Will this Silver cross work?"

Wak will remain vigilant in the command center as Seymour gets his stuff from his old vehicle. We can't get complacent now, we are still in the Magic Zone. After he is done, "Ray, on to Stormspire."

Sensory Equipment-- 1d100 = 84 / 53%
Weapon Systems-- 1d100 = 80 / 63%
Detect Ambush-- 1d100 = 10 / 78%

While traveling Wak will Meditate and focus on power and how to obtain it. I can no longer be a pawn. I must take control of my destiny! He has few and faint memories of his real father, but he does remember his father telling him he was special. He said "A true warrior hones his mind as well as his body," and he always spoke of how I had such a powerful mind. He said I would be a great warrior because of my mind. My mentor, Sir Taloquin, assisted in training my mind to be a Knight. Maybe I should start honing it even more sharply. My adoptive parents were both Psi-Warriors and they started to teach me how to fully develop my abilities. Time to continue. What were Dead Boys most afraid of . . . what were they called . . . Mind Melters I believe. Well there it is, time to train Wakiza, time to train!
Wakiza
OOC Comments

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Armor
M.D.C. by Location

Soundtrack:
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
Wakiza
Group Leader

Postby Zed » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:32 pm

Perception: 23% | 1d100 = 38
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 10

STORMSPIRE [The group formerly known as Meadows :) ]

Zed, eager to get out of the storm and rain, pays for a room then heads up to it.
"I am in room" [Insert number and floor]. Then heads up.
On the way to his room he checks the radio at least three times, once on ground level, another time [on the elevator or stairs whichever is appropriate], and once in his room. He does so to find any dead spots on the route if any.

Once in his room he takes an inventory of his gear, cleans it, and then casts: Cleanse on himself.

While in his room, the High Magus uses the leyline to create: 10 Fire Globe(s) [40ppe].

Contingencies:

If attacked by physically Zed will cast Armor of Ithan immediately, then radio to the team while running away from the danger.
If attacked and the attacker is just trying to steal from him, Zed will still cast AoI, defend himself, and radio the team. 1d20 = 14 , 1d20 = 17 , 1d20 = 1 , 1d20 = 10
Last edited by Zed on Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
P.P.E.: 177|30 +3d6/lvl
S.D.C.: 45|45
H.P.: 20|20 +1d6/lvl

Special Abilities
1. One with the body: -50% fatigue rate, hold breath for 3 minutes, +5% to balance
2. One with the mind: alert and able to stay focused even when all hell is breaking loose around him
3. One with Magic: comprehensive understanding of the principles of magic and is especially well versed in ritual magic and power spells
4. Pilot Automaton. [All, but prefers the Colossus]
5. May Draw P.P.E. from ley lines, nexus points, people, and ritual blood sacrifice the same as a Ley Line Walker
6. Link with the Lords of Magic: can draw upon the P.P.E. reserves of the three Lords of Magic to create magic weapons via the Enchant Weapons (minor) spell, at 50% P.P.E. cost to The Three; alerts The Three when a High Mage is killed
7. Automaton Creation & Bonding Rituals: knows the secrets of creating Automatons and the bonding ritual that gives the Controllers their unique union with the magical constructs

Zed aka Daelur Ezekiel Zenth
Zed

PreviousNext

Return to Spook Squad/Roughnecks/MARS Joint Adventure (15 PCs)