Rune Items (non-canon)

Moderator: Augur

Rune Items (non-canon)

Postby Augur » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:31 pm

All such items are UNIQUE.

Code: Select all
[b]Name of Rune Item[/b]
[insert image here: 300 pixels in height if armor, 100 pixels in height otherwise, .png format, transparent background, only use the EU Image Repository to host images!]
[size=85][insert type of item here, italicized, no brackets]
Damage:
Alignment:
1. Independent personality with an average to high I.Q.
2. Communicate through limited telepathy.
3. Are totally indestructible, the blades never dull.
4. Made of black, dark grey, blue grey, or dark red metal and lined from tip to handle with runes.
5. Do no less than 4D6 damage (in Rifts they do 4D6 M.D.). Most known weapons do not exceed 6D6 points of damage, although a few are known to do 1D4x10 and 1D6x10 damage. In mega-damage dimensions, that damage is mega-damage.
6. Link themselves to their wielder/owner within six months of constant contact. Thus, both man and weapon can sense each other's presence within a four mile radius if separated.
7. Adds +1 to all saving throws.
8. Can be used only by a person of a particular alignment (good, evil, or selfish). Characters of an incompatible alignment take 2D4 points of damage each time they touch the weapon or 3D6 damage if a creature of magic.
[u]Greater & Special Abilities[/u]
[list][*]
[*][/list]
Curse: (if any)
Personality:
History: [/size]
Augur
Admin

Re: Rune Items (non-canon)

Postby Augur » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:12 pm

Kiss of the Ram
Greater Rune Medallion
Damage: None
Alignment: Miscreant
4. Made of black, dark grey, blue grey, or dark red metal and lined from tip to handle with runes.
5. N/A
6. Link themselves to their wielder/owner within six months of constant contact. Thus, both man and weapon can sense each other's presence within a four mile radius if separated.
8. Can be used only by a person of an evil alignment. Characters of an incompatible alignment take 2D4 points of damage each time they touch the weapon or 3D6 damage if a creature of magic.
Greater & Special Abilities
    Psionic abilities
    • Possesses all sensitive powers and Induce Insanity and Induce Amnesia (Rifter 25)
    • I.S.P. 90
    • Sixth level proficiency
    • I.S.P. recovers at a rate of 10 every three hours
Curse: None, technically; refuses to comply if worn with other jewelry unless the wearer successfully charms her (natural ability only)
Personality: This wretch is jealous of other jewelry & feels that she must be the only jewelry worn by her wearer. Like a spoiled brat, she whines and whimpers constantly and will refuse to do her master's bidding unless her petty vanity is satisfied. A manipulator who maneuvers everything to her ends, she enjoys a challenge when it suits her fancy, but as entitled as she is, that's rare.
History: A tool for suffering made by the Demon Lord Succor-Bemoth.

[b]Kiss of the Ram[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2019/02/07/20190207205752-8bda99ae.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Greater Rune Medallion[/i]
Damage: None
5. N/A
8. Can be used only by a person of an evil alignment. Characters of an incompatible alignment take 2D4 points of damage each time they touch the weapon or 3D6 damage if a creature of magic.
[u]Greater & Special Abilities[/u]
[list]Psionic abilities
[list][*]Possesses all sensitive powers and Induce Insanity and Induce Amnesia (Rifter 25)
[*]I.S.P. 90
[*]Sixth level proficiency
[*]I.S.P. recovers at a rate of 10 every three hours[/list][/list]
Curse: None, technically; refuses to comply if worn with other jewelry unless the wearer successfully charms her (natural ability only)
Personality: This wretch is jealous of other jewelry & feels that she must be the only jewelry worn by her wearer. Like a spoiled brat, she whines and whimpers constantly and will refuse to do her master's bidding unless her petty vanity is satisfied. A manipulator who maneuvers everything to [i]her[/i] ends, she enjoys a challenge when it suits her fancy, but as entitled as she is, that's rare.
History: A tool for suffering made by the Demon Lord Succor-Bemoth.[/size]
Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:24 pm

Odin’s Blade
Lesser Rune Bastard Sword
Damage: 6D6
5. Do no less than 4D6 damage (in Rifts they do 4D6 M.D.). Most known weapons do not exceed 6D6 points of damage, although a few are known to do 1D4x10 and 1D6x10 damage. In mega-damage dimensions, that damage is mega-damage.
Curse: None.
Personality: An annoying, spoiled, petulant child, it wants instant gratification, but its desires changes on a whim. Disrespectful to all but its master. Finds suffering of all kinds humorous.
History: Odin’s Blade was found impaling the corpse of a supplicant who failed attempting the rite of knowledge at the World Tree Yggdrasil. This sword has been used many times before to attempt to perform the right and has succeeded very few of them.

[b]Odin’s Blade[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2019/02/03/20190203191526-20342002.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Lesser Rune Bastard Sword[/i]
Damage: 6D6
Curse: None.
Personality: An annoying, spoiled, petulant child, it wants instant gratification, but its desires changes on a whim. Disrespectful to all but its master. Finds suffering of all kinds humorous.
History: Odin’s Blade was found impaling the corpse of a supplicant who failed attempting the rite of knowledge at the World Tree Yggdrasil. This sword has been used many times before to attempt to perform the right and has succeeded very few of them.[/size]
Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:20 pm

Skyrender
Damage: 5D6 M.D.
Alignment: Principled
5. Do no less than 4D6 damage (in Rifts they do 4D6 M.D.).
8. Can be used only by a person of a good alignment. Characters of an incompatible alignment take 2D4 points of damage each time they touch the weapon or 3D6 damage if a creature of magic.
Curse: None
Personality: None personality has made itself known in the time Sir Ronith has owned the weapon
History: Acquired during Sir Ronith's first battle against the Splugorth, Skyrender has been a constant, if silent companion ever since. Its history prior to being wielded by the Cyberknight is unknown.

[b]Skyrender[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2019/01/29/20190129211118-9f7247e0.png[/img]
Damage: 5D6 M.D.
Alignment: Principled
5. Do no less than 4D6 damage (in Rifts they do 4D6 M.D.).
8. Can be used only by a person of a good alignment. Characters of an incompatible alignment take 2D4 points of damage each time they touch the weapon or 3D6 damage if a creature of magic.
Personality: None personality has made itself known in the time Sir Ronith has owned the weapon
History: Acquired during Sir Ronith's first battle against the Splugorth, Skyrender has been a constant, if silent companion ever since. Its history prior to being wielded by the Cyberknight is unknown.[/size]
Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Fri May 24, 2019 1:30 pm

Malice
Damage: 5D6
Alignment: Aberrant
1. Independent personality with an average I.Q.
4. Made of red-grey metal and lined from tip to handle with runes.
Personality: Malice is quiet & brooding having been much this way in life. All he remembers from life prior to his soul being ripped out and infused into this sword is that he was a statesman in a state known as the Western Empire.
History: Sword was taken from a very powerful avatar of the goddess Kali.

[b]Malice[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2019/01/29/20190129211118-438f5f70.png[/img]
Damage: 5D6
1. Independent personality with an average I.Q.
4. Made of red-grey metal and lined from tip to handle with runes.
Personality: Malice is quiet & brooding having been much this way in life. All he remembers from life prior to his soul being ripped out and infused into this sword is that he was a statesman in a state known as the Western Empire.
History: Sword was taken from a very powerful avatar of the goddess Kali.[/size]
Augur
Admin

Postby Augur » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:02 pm

Panath's Toothpick
Lesser Rune Dagger
Damage: 4D6
1. Independent personality; I.Q.: 12
3. Totally indestructible, the blade never dulls.
4. Made of blue grey metal and lined from tip to handle with runes.
5. In mega-damage dimensions, damage is mega-damage.
6. Links itself to its wielder/owner within six months of constant contact; both man and weapon can sense each other's presence within a four mile radius if separated.
Personality: The stoicism and temperance of the soul trapped within this blade are matched only by its ruthlessness and cool-headed rationality; rash action, impetuousness, and temptations of pleasure are all met with sharp rebukes and physical pain.
History: One of Panath's greatest acolyte's had himself invested into this dagger as he lay dying of his wounds.

OOC Comments
[b]Panath's Toothpick[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2019/06/05/20190605170407-2c18970d.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Lesser Rune Dagger[/i]
Damage: 4D6
1. Independent personality; I.Q.: 12
3. Totally indestructible, the blade never dulls.
4. Made of blue grey metal and lined from tip to handle with runes.
5. In mega-damage dimensions, damage is mega-damage.
6. Links itself to its wielder/owner within six months of constant contact; both man and weapon can sense each other's presence within a four mile radius if separated.
Personality: The stoicism and temperance of the soul trapped within this blade are matched only by its ruthlessness and cool-headed rationality; rash action, impetuousness, and temptations of pleasure are all met with sharp rebukes and physical pain.
History: One of Panath's greatest acolyte's had himself invested into this dagger as he lay dying of his wounds.[/size]
Augur
Admin

Return to Rune & Holy Items