Dramatis Personæ:
  • Player Character Slot #1: Ronith
  • Player Character Slot #2: Brute
  • Player Character Slot #3: Marcus
  • Player Character Slot #4: Sentinel
  • Player Character Slot #5: Tyral
  • Player Character Slot #6: John

What to expect (besides the Spanish Inquisition):
  • My 'Gaming with Townsend' guidelines will give you a pretty good idea of how I roll. I'm honest enough to admit I'm not the most polished GM on the site, but you'll get my best effort week in and week out.
  • The characters in this group are all heroes (some more so than others, of course) and among the highest-powered ones in the Epic campaign. That's not a coincidence. Don't worry if your character can't juggle elephants or stop railgun rounds with his/her cheeks -- every Justice League has to have a Batman.
  • The Mechanoids are going to play a role in this adventure. They're not the only parties in play though, and not all are going to make their presence publicly known.
  • I use Hangouts chat a lot because I can also chat on my phone. This group has a dedicated chat (called, incredibly enough, "Townsend's Epic Group Chat") -- everyone *should* be added to it, but if for some reason you're not seeing it please let me know. Most of the time, any questions directed to me will be seen there first.
  • Epic-specific information for your characters (gear, MDC conversions, etc.) will be added in a reply to your character sheet threads. Some of you may wind up with different stuff from your normal loadouts; you'll need to track it separately from your normal gear for obvious reasons.
  • You need to avoid dying in the Epic as much as possible -- because you'll be erased from mainstream EU existence like Marty McFly's siblings in his photograph. It's a "Legends of Tomorrow" kind of thing.
  • Anything else that winds up warranting inclusion here, I'll give you a heads-up in the chat.
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
"...and now they work for me."
Townsend
Game Master

Re: Epic Heroics (Townsend's Group)

Postby Townsend » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:19 pm

Date: Unknown
Time: Unknown

Tavern.jpg

There's a flash of light and a sensation of falling before everything goes black. The next thing the individuals know, they find themselves in what looks to be a tavern of some sort. Brute and Sentinel would consider it a medieval style tavern straight out of a movie or video game. John, Marcus and Ronith might be reminded of any number of establishments in villages out in the wilderness, far from the touch of civilization. Tyral, on the other hand, would probably consider it a good-quality tavern that would fit right into any of the nicer cities the Eastern Territory has to offer.

It's hard to discern where this tavern may be located, as there aren't any signs on the walls and the oversized horn above the fireplace could come from any number of large beasts known to the denizens of Rifts Earth or the Old World. To the citizens of Century Station, however, it reinforces the fantasy feel of the place. Also reinforcing the fantasy feel of the place is the ambient music that fills the place without any apparent source.

At the bar is a young-looking woman with light skin and blonde hair (any magical/psychic scans will reveal some magical abilities of a mid-range level, as is further evidenced by a small flame flickering above her head) but aside from her there is currently nobody in the tavern aside from a half dozen individuals who have no idea where they are.

The woman looks up and smiles. "Oh, you're here; I didn't hear you arrive..." she says in English/American in a sweet voice touched with a similar accent to Lukke's. "They'll be here in just a few minutes, may I get you something to drink in the meantime?" She looks over at Tyral and if he looks at her as if he doesn't seem to understand she repeats herself in Elven.

What are you doing?
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
"...and now they work for me."
Townsend
Game Master

Postby Tyral » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:33 pm

Perception [+3]: 1d20+3 = 14
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 15
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 51

PPE: 188/213
Bracelet PPE: 60/120
SDC: 43/43
HP: 42/42

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 14, Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Sense Magic -[120' radius, 14 min]

Tyral's sudden awareness of being in a Tavern with no idea how he came to arrive stirs immediate concern, **Bellimar's Bollocks, there's no end to the madness of this evening ... first Von'Lycien's manor is attached by a Greater Demon and a pack of exploding tattooed freaks, then a Major Elemental, now this? What happened to that Halfrost fellow??? ... Have I finally taken leave of my wits? Is this what the wrong side of sanity looks like? ...** the Wizard offers the woman at the bar a measuring glance, **She's not bad, odd floating flame above the head seems a bit of a fire risk, but you'd think my 'wildest dreams' would star someone a bit more ... well you-know ... Maybe I'm deeper than I realize, or maybe she's got a couple sisters in the back ...** The Wizard glances about and takes note of the others, **Another Elf, and a few humans? All men. I'm going to hazard a guess this is not all in my mind ... ** Muttering a minor invocation [Sense Magic -2 PPE, 120' radius, 14 min], the Wizard steps towards the door to lean his Staff into the coat rack/hooks.

OOC: Hey Brute, are you a huge 9-ft, 4-Armed, Antenna Guy at the moment?

Stepping over to the bar he offers a winning smile to the barkeep before replying in a lyrical Elven tenor [ Charm/Impress: [80%]: 1d100 = 11 ], "Beg pardon Miss? ... I would love a glass of Western Red (wine) for my nerves. Maybe you could leave the bottle, and if you would not mind, who will be here? In fact, I might even hazard to inquire where we are located? That is, I was just talking with a Lukke Halfrost, and I seem to have misplaced myself ..."

As he awaits his drink Tyral notes that the Knight-looking Elf seems to be carrying a number of magic weapons or artifacts, and the oddly crafted man(?) in face-paint seems to be mystic in nature as well, **Is that a man? Some kind or armor? ... ** (OOC: Sorry Sentinel, you're going to be a hard one for him to peg off-the-bat) The Elf ponders the others with patient interest for several moments ...

Recognize Enchantment [70%]: 1d100 = 33
Recognize Magic [55%]: 1d100 = 1
Tyral Oslarelar
• SDC: 43 / 43
• HP: 54 / 54
• PPE: 235/235

Worn: Ironhide Ring [AR of 14], Gryphon Claw Gauntlets [retractable 2d6 claws], Leather Jacket (grey), Silk Shirt, Leather Vest, Work Pants, Boots
Weapons: Staff of Osarelar, Flaming Knife, Dwarven Knife

& Brago the Northern Timber Wolf
• SDC: 74 / 74
• HP: 41 / 41
• PPE: 21 / 21

Abilities: Empathic/Telepathic Link with Tyral: 600', Speech, Nightvision: 40', Perception +1, Heals at 3x natural rate, Impervious to Natural Fire (½ Damage from Magic Fire), See certain invisible beings: 600', Track by Smell 90% (Can Smell Prey 1 Mile away)
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sentinel » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:56 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 8 (another +3 for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 19/ D100 JiC: 1d100 = 8

Anthropology 70% /1d100 = 89
Archaeology: 65% /1d100 = 29

Sentinel felt like time had stopped falling into black oblivion as if passing out and before he could even bring a conscious reaction to mind he stood in a tavern with a strange and pleasant music in the air. …and where am I?

Looking around still as a statue he gathers in the surroundings and his eyes pass over several others with the same reaction as him on their face. One face he looks over though is familiar. ”Mr. Ja….Brute.” he says cutting himself short from saying his real name as Wi—fi had instructed.”Where are we? he asks as he gathers himself.

Walking around the six foot tall terracotta golem examines the room, ”This place reminds me of a Middle Ages tavern, but not exactly sure where?”, Sentinel says.
"Beg pardon Miss? ... I would love a glass of Western Red (wine) for my nerves. Maybe you could leave the bottle, and if you would not mind, who will be here? In fact, I might even hazard to inquire where we are located? That is, I was just talking with a Lukke Halfrost, and I seem to have misplaced myself ..."

Sentinel crooks his head in the direction of a voice speaking a language he understood and hasn’t heard in long time.

Elven: ”You are speaking a language I haven’t heard in a few hundred years. Who are you?” Sentinel asks Tyral a hint of suspicion in his voice.

[OOC: Tyral throwing you a bone since you got such a great Recognize Magic Critical success. If GM allows you recognize Sentinel as a Golem, but as you may know them they are mindless, Sentinel appears very much the opposite. If there is an Asian equivalent of a civilization in PF he would resemble that.]
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 236/236| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 495/495 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel
Spell reference at this Link
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 236/236 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 495/495 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 236/236 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 495/495 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 236/236 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 495/495 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders

ImageImage
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brute » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:39 am

Conditions: Human form

Perception: 1d20+5 = 25 (Nat. 20!)
JIC: 1d20 = 13
1d100 = 7

Dizziness. Falling.

I've done this before, Clint thinks. The... portal to the Spider Queen's dimension... felt like this.

When he regains his wits, and finds himself in a rustic medeival tavern, he is perplexed.

Sentinel wrote:”Mr. Ja….Brute. Where are we?"
Clint looks and sees Sentinel next to him, and feels a brief swell of relief.

"Not Century Station."

Sentinel wrote:”This place reminds me of a Middle Ages tavern, but not exactly sure where?”

Clint nods, examining the place. Bard's Tale VII? Vale of the Dragon? Sims: Black Plague edition? I feel I recognize this from a video game somewhere...

"Or... when? I feel like I did when we portalled to the Spider Queen's dimension, before you came on board... but also..." Clint takes stock of himself, noting a vague but persistent feeling similar to deja vu. "... different somehow. Like a... " He looks at Sentinel, clearly somewhat confused, and shrugs. "This is a new feeling... I don't have words for it."

Clint looks around at the other "patrons" in the place. He sees, among them, two men with pointy ears and, he had to admit, unnatural handsomeness. Holy Orlando Bloom we're in Middle Earth.

hot bartender wrote: "Oh, you're here; I didn't hear you arrive... They'll be here in just a few minutes, may I get you something to drink in the meantime?"

As the barmaid addresses him, Clint can't help but stare at the free-floating flame above her head. Don't be rude. He tears his eyes away. "Uh... beer?" Maybe better to keep your wits about me. "Or... I don't guess you have a Coke?" He chuckles. Water might not be exactly potable here... better stick with beer then... alcohol will kill all the bad bugs in it. He shakes his head, having reconsidered. "Nah... I'll have that beer."

She sounds like... Lucky. Lucky? Halfrost. Whatever his name was. "Uh... who will be here? Lucky Halfrost?"

As he waits for his beer (or whatever passes for beer here - he's not exactly expecting a Budweiser), he takes another discriminating look around. My antennae could tell me so much more... but I don't want to risk a panic by turning into my monstrous form here with no obvious threat around. So... what can I tell...

He looks at each of the other occupants, in turn, trying to surmise by basic visual cues whatever he can about them. Using his knowledge of the streets, he looks to see if any others seem native to Century Station (by style of dress or use of common idioms) or if they appear to be members of a known criminal outfit. He also uses his knowledge of the military to sense if any are active or former military, if they are wearing any identifiable military insignia, or using military mannerisms or jargon. (OOC: I am assuming these are as close to an auto-fail as possible - or have a hefty negative modifier - given Clint's lack of familiarity with cross-dimensional military and criminal organizations, but it's something he would try at any rate.)

Ronith
Streetwise -- 1d100 = 61/56% (FAIL)
Intelligence -- 1d100 = 13/46% (SUCCEED)

Marcus
Streetwise -- 1d100 = 87/56% (FAIL)
Intelligence -- 1d100 = 46/46% (SUCCEED)

Tyral
Streetwise -- 1d100 = 20/56% (SUCCEED)
Intelligence -- 1d100 = 33/46% (SUCCEED)

John
Streetwise -- 1d100 = 87/56% (FAIL)
Intelligence -- 1d100 = 95/46% (FAIL)
Brute

Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 846/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 68/250
Features:
1) Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
2) Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
3) Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'

Draupnir
    Mind Block Auto-Defense
    +2 vs. magic; +2 vs. Horror Factor
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby John » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:24 am

Perception: 1d20+7 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 80

Is this still New Nielfheim, John wonders, taking in the tavern. I was asking Pieter if he wanted to have a drink. No. That was before. Or was it after? Did we have the drink? His gaze flicks from person to person as he takes stock of the new surroundings, making no attempt to mask his interest in each, while he pats himself down to see if his equipment is where it would normally be. The six foot painted talking statue gets more of a look than the others, but not that much more. The mention of not having heard elven in several centuries draws another appraising look. What is that thing? The guy in the pajamas seems to know him.

I was rifted, he concludes, thinking back to the sensation upon shaking hands with Halfrost. But to where? Focusing in on the dimensional energies of this new reality John attempts to discern whatever he can (Dimension Sense 58%: 1d100 = 80) and uses those details to search his memory for hints of where they might be (Lore: Dimensions 50%: 1d100 = 92).

Only then does he move from wherever it was he appeared and joins Tyral and Brute at the bar. "I'll have a glass of whatever he's having," John says to the barkeep while nodding in the elf's direction. "John Smith," he says to Tyral unbidden then with a conspiratorial smile to Brute continues, "I'd shake your hand but I really don't want to get teleported again just yet."
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
John

Postby Marcus » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:04 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 19
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 28
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 13
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 90

Skills used:

Ronith
Lore: D-Bee--85%
Cybernetic Medicine (x2)--95/108%
Brute
Sentinel
Tyral
John

Townsend wrote:He holds out his hand. "Halfrost. Lukke Halfrost. It's a pleasure."
The moment Marcus shakes his hand, there's a flash of light and a sensation of falling before everything goes black.

With a blink, Marcus opens his eyes to a strange site. The room is warm, almost friendly in it's look and feel. The people are of an odd mixture but non-hostile at the moment. if would almost be a comforting place, "That is of course, if I hadn't been in the field with my team when Mr. Halfrost, I presume teleported me to this place." thinks Marcus. The good doctor take a moments to just observe the others when he hears the barmaid say.

Townsend wrote:The woman looks up and smiles. "Oh, you're here; I didn't hear you arrive..." she says in English/American in a sweet voice touched with a similar accent to Lukke's. "They'll be here in just a few minutes, may I get you something to drink in the meantime?" She looks over at Tyral and if he looks at her as if he doesn't seem to understand she repeats herself in Elven.

"Well at least answers will be forthcoming soon I would expect." Thinks Marcus as he holds himself back from the group to observe for a few moments. First off there is a elf with a cybernetic ear, a glowing sword and a Naruni Plasma pistol. "Ok, at least some of us are from modern times and carries gear I know. Now if only they are trustworthy."

The good doctors eyes run across another elf that seems to be speaking in another language and looks like he is carrying no modern weapons. "Not that that means much if he is any time of spell caster or psionic."

A human with a trident and longsword, "Starting to get a middle ages feel from this group. I really hope we aren't going to be gladiators. I would not do well."

A human with a mix of sword and Naruni gear. "Maybe I can offer medical services, I think there people or those around them will need a medic sooner or later by the look of them."

And a Terracotta Warrior, "uhmmm.. no comment."

"Portals to places I don't know, separated from my group and no clue how to find them again. Feels like I am back with the Rift Runners.", Marcus says with a fond tone in his voice almost before he realized he was speaking.
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ronith » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:42 am

JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 92
PER: 1d20+9 = 26

Conditions: 59/61 ISP

Townsend wrote:"You're probably wondering what I'm doing here -- well, truth be told, I ask myself the same thing from time to time. But the fact is, I need to speak with you on a matter of much higher importance than your current mission. But where are my manners?" He holds out his hand. "Halfrost. Lukke Halfrost. It's a pleasure."
In spite of his instincts, Ronith finds himself warming up to the fellow. "I suppose the investigation can wait a few minutes while the Defenders finish up. A please to meet you, Mr. Halfrost. What is thi-" Ronith takes the offered hand and promptly disappears.

In addition to feeling discombobulated by the teleportation, Ronith is immediately ill at ease in the tavern despite its homey appearance- even now, alcohol still makes him nervous. He stands stock-still for several moments, taking in the new surroundings and new people, his eyes lingering on the apparently magical flame commanded by the barkeeper.

He contemplates the offer of a drink. If someone wanted to poison me, there are likely easier ways to go about it than teleporting me who-knows-where. No reason to be rude. In reply, he says "Do you have any fruit juice? And, ah... who are 'they', exactly?"

Assuming a non-answer with his juice, Ronith shrugs and turns his attention to the other 'patrons', sipping it delicately while he listens to their conversation. For the most part, they do not seem to know each other, and are at as much a loss regarding our present circumstances as I. Ronith activates his sense evil ability ((-2 ISP)) to try and anticipate any hostile intent from the others, or their host. Assuming he detects nothing, he feels marginally more at ease and decides that now is a good time to try and make some friends. Being fluent in both English and Elven, Ronith switches between the two as needed ((I can do skill rolls if you like Servo, but I figure this will just grease the wheels a little.))

"I was also approached by Mr. Halfrost. One moment we were standing in the Mystic Quarter in MercTown, the next I was here and he was gone. I am Sir Ronith Turand, Lord of the cyber-knights' Granite Hall and commander of Heroes for Hire. I take it you all had similar encounters?"

Two of the humans appear to bear the accoutrements of mercenaries familiar to him, and while he might not admit it Ronith is glad to see the little tinges of familiarity. He nods to the fellow elf, but refrains from commenting on his archaic attire. The golem openly attracts Ronith's interest, being largely outside the cyber-knight's experience, but to be polite Ronith refrains from staring. Brute is the only one who occasions a comment.

"Your garb reminds me of the uniform of an old teammate of mine. An ancient superhero, from Earth but centuries before the Coming of the Rifts. I don't suppose you knew Spencer, but are you also from the past?" If his suspicions are confirmed, Ronith nods and frowns. So. Plucked from time as well as space. We could be anywhere, or anywhen, and likely our host is the only way back until I can find someone to open a rift.

Marcus wrote:"Portals to places I don't know, separated from my group and no clue how to find them again. Feels like I am back with the Rift Runners."
Ronith smiles at a familiar name. "Oh, the Rift Runners! I worked with them during our mission to Newfoundland to eradicate the Splugorth base there. I do not recall you- were you involved?" At least two of us need to get back to the same place.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 58/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86 (self), 87/87 (cyber-armor)
Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (3/3); Cleanse (3/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
Ronith
Group Leader

Postby Tyral » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:59 am

Tyral wrote:Perception [+3]: Original post: 1d20+3 = 14
D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 15
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 51

PPE: 188/213
Bracelet PPE: 60/120

Conditions: Spell Strength of 14, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Sense Magic -[120' radius, 14 min]

Sentinel wrote:Elven: ”You are speaking a language I haven’t heard in a few hundred years. Who are you?” Sentinel asks Tyral a hint of suspicion in his voice.

The Wizard turns to look at the speaker, what appears to be an shorter animated statue clad in heavily embroidered robes (and carrying a curiously styled club), and his eyes widen with a bit of surprise, **A talking statue? Some kind of Golem? No, I've never seen one that could speak ... although it seems to have a mind. Maybe some form of metamorphosis? ...**

With a small shrug Tyral offers an answer couched in questions of his own,"I am called Tyral Osarelar. Where in the Realms of Man have you managed to avoid Elven for 'hundreds of years'? ... Have you been trapped in the Land of the Damned? Yin-Sloth ... a Golem that speaks? Or perhaps some variation on a Guardian Stones? [PFRPG Pg 256] Is this <<gestures to Clint>> your Master? What are you called? ... and what brings you here?"

Repeated reference by other arrivals to Halfrost draws a bit of a consternation into Tyral's visage, "Halfrost? ... I met him, well it feels like just a few moments ago. But if you all also met him moments ago, how is that possible? ... Is this Halfrost some kind of puppetmaster dispatching Dopplegangers to various locations, and sending them all to send people back here? ... To what end?"

Ronith wrote:"I was also approached by Mr. Halfrost. One moment we were standing in the Mystic Quarter in MercTown, the next I was here and he was gone. I am Sir Ronith Turand, Lord of the cyber-knights' Granite Hall and commander of Heroes for Hire. I take it you all had similar encounters?"

The wizard places his back to the Bar opening up to the inclusion of another speaker, this time the tall martial-looking Elf and offeres further greetings, "A pleasure John-Smith ... and well met Sir Ronith. Where is this Merctown? Near Southwatch? ... You look heavily, if oddly armed." The Wizard does not seem overly alarmed by the abundance of weapons, but glances calmly around at the others, **This Ronith carries enough blades to give Thorgrim a run for his coin ... seems calm enough though. The at club the paint-faced statue carries appears enchanted as well ... and though JonSmith carries a simpler blade the fellow moves like a warrior.**
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby John » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:02 pm

Dice wrote:Perception: 1d20+7 = 21

"We have air, drink, a comfortable temperature," John says to Marcus. "all in all things could be much worse when it comes to sudden dimensional travel." The man seems almost abnormally calm given the group's situation, but then, he can leave whenever he wants. At least I think I can.

"Is there food," he asks of the barkeep. "Wings? Onion rings? Bread and cheese? And I don't mean to pry but I couldn't help but notice the flame, what's the story there?" He smiles as he asks about it, turning on the charm a little (Charm 70%: 1d100 = 87, Invoke Trust 70%: 1d100 = 62).

Glancing once more around the room he cataloges each person in his mind. So the guy in the lab coat and the Knight are from MercTown. The guy in the getup and the statue know each other, what did the guy say? Century Station. John searches his memory, trying to place it (Lore: Dimensions 50%: 1d100 = 70). The elf has never heard of MercTown. He mentioned a few places too. Land of the Damned, Yin-Sloth, Southwatch. (Lore: Dimensions 50%: 1d100 = 32)
John

Postby Tyral » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:23 pm

Perception [+3]: 1d20+3 = 9
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 8
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 77

PPE: 180/213
Bracelet PPE: 120/120

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 14, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Sense Magic -[120' radius, 14 min]

If his drink has arrived, Tyral hefts it for a moment as John-Smith counts their blessings (air? drink? are those assets? ... does anyone have a Holocaust cloak??), **What if it's drugged? We've been assembled for some reason, but what? ... If Halstroff can be in 6 places at once, then why not make one of them, here to explain things? ... Where are we though? Perhaps there are some landmarks or something outside that will give us a hint ... Even if the Man wants us to do something eventually honorable, there are enough out there who believe in the Ends outweighing the Means ...** The Wizard lowers his glass and walks over to the window or any door apparent to take a look outside.

As he moves Tyral asks, "When I met Halstroff, it was after Midnight in the Eastern Territories ... Anyone else?" He takes a gaze outside to see if there is anything useful to puzzling things out ...

History [67%]: 1d100 = 90 -- Landmarks?
Astronomy & Navigation [77%]: 1d100 = 3 -- Any recognizeable constellations?
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brute » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:11 am

(Rolls Carried Over)

John wrote:"I'd shake your hand but I really don't want to get teleported again just yet."

Clint actually laughs at this. "Wise man."

"And if I could dimmensionally teleport on my own... I guess I wouldn't be here."

Ronith wrote:I am Sir Ronith Turand, Lord of the cyber-knights' Granite Hall and commander of Heroes for Hire. I take it you all had similar encounters?"

Is he, like... a real knight? "My name's Clint Jackson." Hell. If they're telling their real names I might as well too. Not like I have a family to protect - everyone in Century Station who knows Brute knows that I'm Clint Jackson, after all. "My code-name is Brute. I'm leader of the Omegas, in Century Station." He nods to Sentinel. "Sentinel here is an Omega as well. We're sort of... law enforcement."

"And yeah, Lucky Halfrost got into our HQ, despite security protocols, and greeted us in a corridor before whisking us to parts unknown."

Ronith wrote:"Your garb reminds me of the uniform of an old teammate of mine. An ancient superhero, from Earth but centuries before the Coming of the Rifts. I don't suppose you knew Spencer, but are you also from the past?"

"I dunno. Spencer's a pretty common name..." Clint tries to remember if he's read about anyone in Century Station, Omega or not, who might've been named Spencer.

Intelligence 1d100 = 66/46% (FAIL)

"Uhh... did you say ancient?" So this interdimensional trip is another time-f#@%. Well, great. Okay... for Sentinel and I, the year we left was 2043, C.E., or A.D., depending on your preferred terminology."

John wrote:"We have air, drink, a comfortable temperature, all in all things could be much worse when it comes to sudden dimensional travel."

Clint nods, smiling. "Last time I travelled dimensions, we landed calf-deep in brackish water. Dry feet is a bonus. Also last time, the fifteen minutes we were gone translated into a full month." Hope they don't write us off as dead again this time.

Clint turns to Ronith. Guy is a knight, and commander of... Heroes for hire? A superhero outfit? Or something like that. Looks like a leader-type to me. "Sir Ronith, we should put our heads together. Halfrost brought us all here, through time and space. And whoever our host is, is taking their sweet time showing up to tell us why. Before we proceed, we should maybe know what our assets are, so we can figure out our strengths and weaknesses. Sentinel and I have our communicators, so we can help out there if need be. And it looks like Sentinel can speak elfin. Elfish? Beyond that, we're, uh..." Superheroes. Is that a term they'd even recognize? "We have inherent powers. I have an alternate form - a large red monster: strong, fast, heals quickly, that sort of a thing. I'm still me, though, when I transform, so... uh... no need to be shooting or stabbing me." He chuckles.

He points at Sentinel "My friend is a magically animated statue that can make copies of himself. He has a couple other tricks as well."

"We... don't have much in the way of weapons, but... historically... we haven't really needed them."

He looks around. I'm in a cross-time interdimensional bar with a flame-kissed barmad, two elfs, and who knows who or what else.

"Though I suppose anything's possible."
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby John » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:52 pm

"Daytime," John says to Tyral. "At the New Nielfheim colony world in the Three Galaxies." Then to Brute, "I can dimensionally teleport and I'm still here," John says casually after a sip of his drink. "Mr. Halfrost traveled to at least three dimensions to collect us all. Probably four unless I miss my guess about you and your strange clay friend. I for one would love to know why. Maybe I'm too curious for my own good. Isn't that how the saying goes? Curiosity killed the dimensional explorer?" He chuckles faintly at his own joke.

"No offense," he says, raising his glass to Sentinel about the 'strange' comment while looking him over in detail once more (Archaeology 73%: 1d100 = 72, Recognize/Figure Out Artifacts 53%: 1d100 = 29, Lore: Magic 70%: 1d100 = 41).

"He said ancient because 2043 is 350 years in our past." But I don't remember talking statues and people that turn into large red monsters in any of the history books I read. "Are talking magical statues that can xerox themselves and people who turn into regenerating red monsters common where you're from?"
John

Postby Sentinel » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:44 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 8 (another +3 for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 4 / D100 JiC: 1d100 = 66

”As Bru… I mean Mr. Jackson says I am not his. To explain, hmm you’re the first in a long time to ask. I am Emperor Qin Chi Zheng, CHIMERA named me Sentinel. Now that I think about it no one there asked me either. Thank you for asking." Sentinel answers Tyral genuinely pleased despite the barrage of questions. ”I don’t know of any Land of the damned or Yin-Sloth, no I haven’t heard that language since learning the art of Ki Shaping. You called it Elven? Hmm, I know it as Dragonese." Sentinel says shrugging. ”I have only ever heard it from my teacher and her husband.

Sentinel listens as Brute tells the others their story about their origins and some of their abilities. Well Mr. Jackson is honest to a fault. We don’t know why we are here or who they are. he ponders at the possibility of Brutes error in giving so much forthright information.

Sentinel couldn’t help but laugh aloud at the mention of animated magic statue. ”Am I an Indian in a cupboard now? Sentinel asks amused. "No, to answer Mr. Osarelar and clarify to Mr. Jackson, I am not an animated magic statue. I am in a “Golem” body, and once a long time ago was the First Emperor of China." He says with a perfect bow. ”I admit freely I still don’t remember how I came to be in this Golem." Trust: 40%/ 1d100 = 82

”As for Halfrost who seems to be obviously responsible,” Sentinel creates and ectype beside Tyral ”…who is to say he isn’t in more than one place at a time." his ectype finishes for Sentinel. ”It is likely apparent that all of you are also not so “normal”. At least we are not pitted to fight in an arena. I’d very much dislike killing any of you over such a base reason."
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brute » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:54 pm

(Rolls carried over)

John wrote:"He said ancient because 2043 is 350 years in our past."

Clint's eyes widen at this news. So it is a time effect as well. "Oh... kay. Thank you for that info. Um... If anyone here is a historian of my era, I'm accepting stock tips."

After a moment, he adds, "Or if there's, like, a new Hitler or anything, you could tell us before they round up 6-million-plus people and kill them. That'd be nice."

John wrote:"Are talking magical statues that can xerox themselves and people who turn into regenerating red monsters common where you're from?"

Clint smiles. "No, not exactly common. As far as I know, Sentinel and I are unique in that regard. But, there are other beings with superhuman abilities. When they decide to go rogue, it can get bad enough that you need others to step in to stop them. Hence, us: The Omegas."

Sentinel wrote:”As Bru… I mean Mr. Jackson says I am not his. To explain, hmm you’re the first in a long time to ask. I am Emperor Qin Chi Zheng, CHIMERA named me Sentinel. Now that I think about it no one there asked me either. Thank you for asking."

Clint does a double-take. An EMPEROR? "I'm sorry - did you say Emperor?" He shakes his head, as if to clear the thoughts clanking around in there. "We just had a queen of Atlantis in our HQ - if I'd known, I'd have introduced you properly." What, exactly, am I supposed to do with this information? We don't have a protocol on this... "Good to finally meet you properly, I guess."

Sentinel wrote:"No, to answer Mr. Osarelar and clarify to Mr. Jackson, I am not an animated magic statue. I am in a “Golem” body, and once a long time ago was the First Emperor of China. I admit freely I still don’t remember how I came to be in this Golem."

"Golem?" Clint tries the word out, it's unfamiliarity strange to his tongue. "Sorry about that - magic's not my thing. I didn't know there was such a thing as a golem. Lexie wouldn't have made that mistake."

Clint eyes Sentinel with new appreciation.

"I've learned a lot about you in the last five minutes."
Last edited by Brute on Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Marcus » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:28 pm

(Rolls held over)

Ronith wrote:"I was also approached by Mr. Halfrost. One moment we were standing in the Mystic Quarter in MercTown, the next I was here and he was gone. I am Sir Ronith Turand, Lord of the cyber-knights' Granite Hall and commander of Heroes for Hire. I take it you all had similar encounters?"

Ronith wrote:"Oh, the Rift Runners! I worked with them during our mission to Newfoundland to eradicate the Splugorth base there. I do not recall you- were you involved?" At least two of us need to get back to the same place.

"The Cyber-Knight that leads Heroes for Hire!?! Good reputation there, that is a bit more reassuring. It also seems that Mr. Halfrost invited us all here to talk.". Marcus can't help but let a warm smile crack his lips as he approaches the group, looking to Sir. Ronith, saying, "No, I didn't get to MercTown until after that event. I spent a few months as Natashas' second in command before Rift runners went their own ways. Lately I have been busy helping reform the Templar since they went independent from the Warriors Temple. New team but the same mission, helping those in need and wiping out supernatural evil where we can. Hopefully keeping the company above the red line if we can." Marcus gives a warm chuckle as he starts to calm down. "To be honest, it makes me feel a bit better about what Mr. Halfrost called us here to talk about knowing that a cyber-knight was taped. The cyber-knights have a reputation of defenders of the Innocent and punishes of evil." The good doctor lets that little nugget of information drop into the room and keeps an eye out for reactions as he and the other talk.

Tyral wrote:As he moves Tyral asks, "When I met Halstroff, it was after Midnight in the Eastern Territories ... Anyone else?" He takes a gaze outside to see if there is anything useful to puzzling things out ..

I was in the ruins of a city in a country that was once known as America. It was the middle of the day. Then I was here.

John wrote:"We have air, drink, a comfortable temperature," John says to Marcus. "all in all things could be much worse when it comes to sudden dimensional travel." The man seems almost abnormally calm given the group's situation, but then, he can leave whenever he wants. At least I think I can.

"Well, that is a nice silver lining, I'll give you that. But I would rather have been asked my consent before being pulled away from my team when we were out in the field. I can't help but worry about them." For a moment Marcus sounds more like a worried father then anything else. "But they are a tough bunch, I am sure they'll manage till I can get back to them. I'll say you seem too be taking this well."

Brute wrote:(Clint turns to Ronith. Guy is a knight, and commander of... Heroes for hire? A superhero outfit? Or something like that. Looks like a leader-type to me. "Sir Ronith, we should put our heads together. Halfrost brought us all here, through time and space. And whoever our host is, is taking their sweet time showing up to tell us why. Before we proceed, we should maybe know what our assets are, so we can figure out our strengths and weaknesses. Sentinel and I have our communicators, so we can help out there if need be. And it looks like Sentinel can speak elfin. Elfish? Beyond that, we're, uh..." Superheroes. Is that a term they'd even recognize? "We have inherent powers. I have an alternate form - a large red monster: strong, fast, heals quickly, that sort of a thing. I'm still me, though, when I transform, so... uh... no need to be shooting or stabbing me." He chuckles.

Marcus then listens as the others start to list off who they are and what they can do. "We have leaders, fighters, dimensional travel, a mage of some sort. Most of us are confidant and well above average from the normal from what I can tell. Why do I have the feeling that what Mr. Halfrost wants to discuss with us is not a going to be simple or easy. But Clint makes a good point, it is best if we know what each of us can do." And with that Marcus will speak up in his own turn, saying, "My name is Marcus Hawk, I am medical and Bionics Doctor. I specialize in the treatment of all the varieties dimensional being that have come to our earth. Lately I have been working as a combat medic or scout in my Mercenary group. A genetic oddity has given me a few abilities. I can fly faster then sound if needed and I walked away from being hit with a volley of missiles in England last year. I have a few other little tricks but I don't want to take up to much time. The most important note is I have two issues that can be a liability if things get bad. First, I suffer from panic attacks sometimes. I've learned to control is some. I won't run or freak out but I will be about half a effective as I normally am for a few minutes. Second, I will not Kill an intelligent being unless it is supernatural evil, Demons and vampires or the like. I am not fond of admitting it but it might be important for you all to know in case we are not just here for a drink and a game of cards.". Marcus looks down a bit uncomfortable.
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Townsend » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:01 pm

Date: Still Unknown
Time: Still Unknown

Tensions among the group seem to dissipate a little bit as the assembled individuals recover their senses and get to know each other a little better. A Cyber-Knight, an emperor in a golem, a super-powered law enforcement agent, a medic, and two mages. Some are more at home with each other than others, but the one thing they all have in common is a sense of confusion as to the ‘where,’ ‘why’ and ‘how’ of their current situation.

As John listens to the others he tries to get a sense of where he is and where the others are from. He can sense that the medic and Cyber-Knight are from the same dimension as he is. He’s pretty sure that the golem and the agent are from a dimension similar to his -- another Earth, to be sure, but one in which the magical energies are a mere fraction of the Earth he calls ‘home.’ In spite of the muted dimensional/magic energies, however (or perhaps as a result), beings with metahuman abilities are far more prevalent. As the elven mage talks more about his homeland, the more John believes that he’s from a world that’s commonly known as “The Old World” or “Pal-EYE-dee-um” in some circles.

As for where they currently find themselves, while it seems to have the same elevated magical and dimensional energies as the Earth of Rifts there’s a palpable difference. This dimension seems more vibrant, more intense, more… awesome, for lack of a better word. What he doesn’t find nearly so awesome is his inability to rift back home. It’s almost as if his dimensional abilities are being blocked at the moment.

Meanwhile, the Cyber-Knight in the room can’t help but feel a sense of deja vu in the group’s surroundings. He can’t quite put his finger on it just yet, but there’s something familiar about this place.

Tyral wrote:"Beg pardon Miss? ... I would love a glass of Western Red (wine) for my nerves. Maybe you could leave the bottle, and if you would not mind, who will be here? In fact, I might even hazard to inquire where we are located? That is, I was just talking with a Lukke Halfrost, and I seem to have misplaced myself ..."

The barmaid chuckles. “Oh, you weren’t misplaced, you were brought here to Den Vandrende Bakeren -- The Vagabond Baker…” she replies as she pours Tyral a glass of red wine. “I’m Skjorta. My father Alf and I run the place. It’s a favored location for those who want to meet without worrying about getting their throat cut. At least, not on the premises anyway.”

Brute wrote:As the barmaid addresses him, Clint can't help but stare at the free-floating flame above her head. Don't be rude. He tears his eyes away. "Uh... beer?" Maybe better to keep your wits about me. "Or... I don't guess you have a Coke?" He chuckles.

"Uh... who will be here? Lucky Halfrost?"

Skjorta taps her chin a moment as if thinking before snapping her fingers. “Ah yes -- Coca-Cola! I believe we have a few in here.” She turns around and pulls out a bottle from a wooden chest. “I believe the term is ‘It’s the Real Thing,’ yes?” She pops off the bottle cap and hands it to Clint. “Yes, Herredømme Halfrost will be here shortly -- along with some others.” She gives Clint a smile. “Don’t worry, it’ll all make sense before you know it.”

John wrote:"I'll have a glass of whatever he's having,"

Skjorta nods and pours John a glass of wine from the same bottle.

Ronith wrote:"Do you have any fruit juice? And, ah... who are 'they', exactly?"

Skjorta reaches into another wooden chest and pulls out a bottle. “An old Earth favorite -- strawberry lemonade.” She pours a glass and hands it to the Cyber-Knight. “One will be the one who brought you here, of course…” she smiles somewhat ashamedly. “As for the others, well… it’d probably be best if I let them introduce themselves. They’re somewhat particular that way.”

John wrote:
Dice wrote:"Is there food," he asks of the barkeep. "Wings? Onion rings? Bread and cheese? And I don't mean to pry but I couldn't help but notice the flame, what's the story there?" He smiles as he asks about it, turning on the charm a little (Charm 70%: Original post: 1d100 = 87, Invoke Trust 70%: Original post: 1d100 = 62).

“Oh, this?” she points to the flame above her head. “It’s a translation spell. I cast it a few minutes ago, before you all arrived. I can speak some of the more popular languages from your realm, but it never hurts to be prepared just in case.” She chuckles. “As for food, funny you should ask -- here comes Pappa now.”

As if on cue, her father emerges from the kitchen area (odd that both father and daughter look close to the same age) carrying a large platter of appetizers -- smoked salmon, gravlax, cheese-stuffed peppers, miniature meatballs, pickled herring canapes, warm lobster salad, twisted bread and caviar. He places the platter down on a table in front of the group and steps back. “Shern de shern de herf! Gersh gurndy morn-dee burn-dee, burn-dee. Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue. Bork! Bork! Bork!”

Those using some sort of translator (be it magical or technological) don’t fare a lot better. It’s as if his speech patterns are purposefully resisting all efforts to translate them into more understandable forms. The best the translators can manage are “Velcume-a tu zee-a vuondering beker tefern! I'fe-a mede-a my best ippetizer receepes fur yuou, my hunured guoests. Let my duoghter und me-a teke-a cere-a ouff yuou beffure-a zee-a meeting sterts. Nuo iet! Drink! Injuy!”

The group has a few minutes to partake of the refreshments before there’s a knock at the tavern door. The chef goes to the door and opens it to allow three men to enter the tavern. One of the new arrivals is clearly Lukke Halfrost. Another is a tall, lean man with reddish blonde hair and the beginnings of a beard flecked with grey. The third is an incredibly muscular man with a fiery red beard and hair to match, who seems to be keeping a wary eye on Halfrost (who in turn seems to be amused at the attention). Lukke and the musclebound redhead relocate to the bar where they lean with their backs against it while the third man approaches the group.

“Good evening gentlemen,” he says in an accent similar to Lukke’s and Skjorta’s. “We trust you’ve had the opportunity to enjoy some of the Frostulfsson family’s wares? If not, I highly suggest you do so; Alf is one of the best chefs around -- his gravlax alone is worth of the gods themselves.”

He looks at the faces of those assembled. “But of course. There are questions burning in your minds. Questions of who we are and where YOU are. Questions of how you got here and why.” He motions to the seats at the nearby tables. “This may take a while. Please make yourselves comfortable.”

“First, the question of who we are…” he continues after the group has seated themselves (or decided to remain standing). “You may refer to me as Mister Santalales. You have already met Lukke, of course, and that cheerful soul at the bar with him answers to ‘Grim.’ We represent a group of concerned individuals who have received reliable information about certain plans being implemented that, should they succeed, will have disastrous effects on all your respective worlds along with many others. But I will speak more to that later.”

“Where are you, you may ask? As you may have guessed, you are no longer in the realms you call home. But this one is connected to those worlds through various dimensional gates. Those of you with dimension-travelling capabilities may have already noticed that you currently can’t use them,” he glances at John. “That is part of the security measures that are in place to guarantee safety of those living here. I can assure you however that you are in no danger while you are our guests here. I can also guarantee will be returned to your proper realms when the threat has been dealt with at virtually the exact time and place you left. None of your companions or loved ones will even notice your absence.”

“Now you’re likely asking yourselves how this is even possible. You may even be scoffing inside at my words, convinced in your smug assumption that the laws of time and space are immutable. You can be forgiven for thinking me mad; most of the brightest minds of your worlds are steadfast in their certainty that the notion of time travel will always be relegated to works of fiction. The stuff of books and films where eccentric scientists wander through history in some large blue box, no doubt.” He snorts softly.

“The truth, however, is far different. Chrono-temporal energies may be fully harnessed by those who can perceive and manipulate them. But it is a truth that is fully known only by a very few and even then is only used sparingly out of fear that even the tiniest miscalculation can send shockwaves throughout the time-space continuum. Think of tossing a stone into a pond and the ripples that stretch out from the splash -- now think of all of space-time as that pond. In this case, however, the potential threat is so severe that our group has agreed that casting these chronometric spells to bring you here is worth the risk. Oh yes, there is risk here gentlemen. I won’t deny that. One of the effects of the spells cast to pluck you from your places in the timestream is that it creates a paradox resulting in an ‘echo’ of your presence remaining in the void left behind. If we return you to the point in the timestream from which you left, the paradox will resolve itself and all will be well. However, if you cannot be returned to your departure point -- such as if you are killed while dealing with this threat -- then your temporal echo, as is the case with all others, will eventually fade away into nothingness.”

He looks around. “Now, before we move on to the parts where we discuss the threat and why you in particular were chosen… do you have any questions on what we’ve covered thus far?”

What are you doing?
Townsend
Game Master

Postby Brute » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:25 am

Signature Block
Brute
Normal Form
HP: 37/37
SDC: 59/59
Monstrous Form
SDC: 504/504

Omega Suit
SDC: 250/250
Features:

1) Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
3) Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'

Perception: 1d20+5 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 13
1d100 = 19

Marcus wrote:"My name is Marcus Hawk, I am medical and Bionics Doctor. I specialize in the treatment of all the varieties dimensional being that have come to our earth. Lately I have been working as a combat medic or scout in my Mercenary group. A genetic oddity has given me a few abilities. I can fly faster then sound if needed and I walked away from being hit with a volley of missiles in England last year. I have a few other little tricks but I don't want to take up to much time. The most important note is I have two issues that can be a liability if things get bad. First, I suffer from panic attacks sometimes. I've learned to control is some. I won't run or freak out but I will be about half a effective as I normally am for a few minutes. Second, I will not Kill an intelligent being unless it is supernatural evil, Demons and vampires or the like. I am not fond of admitting it but it might be important for you all to know in case we are not just here for a drink and a game of cards."

Clint almost extends a hand for a handshake. "Good to meet you." So... he has panic attacks, and won't kill unless the bad guy is basically a hell monster. Good to know.

"Thanks for being so upfront. As to the panic attacks... it's perfectly understandable. If you give me a heads-up when you feel one coming on, I won't leave your side if I can help it. As to the not killing... well... that's just damn admirable. You're a man of conviction. I admire that."

Part of Clint, currently buried down deep, thinks, if we have any killing to do, I'll just have to do it myself.

As Skjorta the barmaid sets about answering questions and getting drinks, Clint turns his attention to her.

Skjorta wrote:“Oh, you weren’t misplaced, you were brought here to Den Vandrende Bakeren -- The Vagabond Baker… I’m Skjorta. My father Alf and I run the place. It’s a favored location for those who want to meet without worrying about getting their throat cut. At least, not on the premises anyway.”

The Vagabond Baker... So this place either has top-flight security protocols... or it's under some kind of spell - if we take her words at face value.

Skjorta wrote:“Ah yes -- Coca-Cola! I believe we have a few in here. I believe the term is ‘It’s the Real Thing,’ yes?”

Clint smiles widely as he accepts the beverage. "In a glass bottle no less." He nods, impressed, and takes a swig. "Yeah... it's the real thing all right."

Skjorta wrote:“Yes, Herredømme Halfrost will be here shortly -- along with some others. Don’t worry, it’ll all make sense before you know it.”

Clint smiles mischievously. "Maybe not. I can be a bit slow on the uptake." He says, tapping his temple for emphasis. "But maybe you can explain it to me... privately... sometime." He chuckles, not entirely serious.

Charm: 1d100 = 61/15% (LOL FAIL)

Then... her dad walks in.

Der Shøøf wrote:“Shern de shern de herf! Gersh gurndy morn-dee burn-dee, burn-dee. Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue. Bork! Bork! Bork!”

Clint's eyes widen, mouth agape. I am NOT hearing this right. Can't be.

As he lets the other men, including Halfrost, in, Clint thinks, Ah... time to get to business.

He takes a seat at the bar and listens to their greeting and their explanation.

Mr. Santales wrote:“Now, before we move on to the parts where we discuss the threat and why you in particular were chosen… do you have any questions on what we’ve covered thus far?”

Clint shakes his head. "I'll withhold questions until the end."
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Marcus » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:15 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 11 +2 if medical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 39

Brute wrote:"Thanks for being so upfront. As to the panic attacks... it's perfectly understandable. If you give me a heads-up when you feel one coming on, I won't leave your side if I can help it. As to the not killing... well... that's just damn admirable. You're a man of conviction. I admire that."

Marcus takes a deep breath now that he has it off his chest and at least one of the guys is willing to work with it. Marcus gives Clint grateful smile as he says, "Thanks you, it eases my mind. In most cases I won't need to be covered just the understanding that i'll be almost offensively ineffective and my medical skills turn into that of back-ally drunk MD. You do not want me trying field surgery in the middle of a panic attack."

Townsend wrote:He looks around. “Now, before we move on to the parts where we discuss the threat and why you in particular were chosen… do you have any questions on what we’ve covered thus far?”

Marcus stays quite and listens as the other talk.
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby John » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:13 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 13

John's demeanor changes noticeably when he realizes he's stuck here and can't, in fact, teleport away whenever he wants. It's not that he feels in danger or anything like that but most of his long life has been spent knowing that no matter what crazy situation he might get himself into he always had an out. Now he doesn't and that realization quickly changes his thinking as he glances around the room formulating plans on what to do should things turn dangerous.

Marcus' revelation of being a medical man is another concern. As a rule John keeps his supernatural nature hidden as much as he can. It was something that was impressed on him at a very young age when being different was not a healthy thing. It was also why his education consisted of library books instead of traditional schooling. Children in schools have accidents and get into fights. A child that can pull another's arm off in a fit of pique needs to be closely watched so that's what John's mother had done. Although, now that he thought about it, given the fact that he's now met a talking statue that claims to be the first emperor of China, a man that says he turns into a regenerating red monster, and a doctor that walked away from the wrong side of a missile volley maybe he wasn't so unique in this group. Still, the idea of being found out always gnawed at the back of his mind.

When the food arrives John holds up his hand in a sign to stop as the Swedish Chef launches into his speech and quickly chants the incantation for Tongues before asking, "Can you repeat that please?" He helps himself to some of the gravlax, a meatball, and a couple pieces of the bread.

As the troika arrive he sets his food and drink down to give them his full attention. His face is impassive when the dimensional block is mentioned and he doesn't find the explanation of time manipulation at all surprising. John knew a spell that could send himself into the future a few seconds so he knew such things were possible. He also knew of the existence of temporal magic although it wasn't a type of magic he practiced. Like Brute and Marcus he keeps quiet and waits for the real part of the briefing to start.
John

Postby Tyral » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:51 pm

Perception [+3]: 1d20+3 = 19
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 5
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 99

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 14, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Sense Magic -[120' radius, 9.00 min]

The Wizard leaves his glass of Wine untouched on a table by the Window (where he saw _______??_______ ), **Not a Golem it claims? What is a Golem, but a magically animated statue? ... The Art of Golemancy was lost in the Millenium of Purification, but did even the Ancients have self-aware Golems who could reproduce themselves? ... It, he[?] calls himself an Emeperor? Where is this China place? Maybe it, he, just takes offense at the term. Feels he's beyond it's limited useage ... and why not? I've travelled the world for over a century now, and I've never heard of such a place ... Another Dimension? Like one of the Heroc Realms the Gods preside over? ... The human, Clint ... who apparently can take another form with red skin, said they were from the year two-thousand-forty-three. Does that suggest that. They obviously must have some other calendar since, the Eastern Territory is only in year 346 ... although the Western Empire is over 5000 years old ... So we have been pulled together from across time, space, and dimensional boundaries ... I suppose to the degree that the dimensions exist at any sort of distance from one another. My Elven colleague seems to be from a time period that goes with the White-coated one (a healer(?) who professes to fly, and a certain durability), and those two are both from some Time after Clint and the Emperor-Statue are from ... The Black-haired swordsman and I are oddities... depending on when his year 2390 is... Bah!! It's enough to drive one to the bottle ...**

When the tattooed Chef emerges from the back and Tyral wanders over to examine the food, **even a translation spell fails before the ... but if they bothered plucking us from the far flung corners of the various Realms, I suppose it is unlikely they would do so only to poison me.** As he examines the offerings the Elf figures he might as well offer some self-description if only to avoid offering insult, "In my realm, I am a Wizard by trade. I come from a rather long line of them. I am roughly 150 years old, although I do not know how long that compares to time in whatever dimensions you call home. I have been trained in the knowledge of mundane healing ... although I have also acquired spells that tend to be far more efficient for most healing tasks. From where and whenever this is ... I have lost any sense of my familiar, Brago. Maybe he has not been born yet, or maybe I have been drawn from far enough in the past that he and I have already passed into oblivion by the time Halfrost plucked me ..."

Tyral watches the entry of Halfrost and his two companions with quiet reserve, **Santalales, Grim, and Lukke ... Santalales, Grim, and Lukke ... Santalales, Grim, and Lukke. I may well forget them anyways, but I might as well make an effort to remember to be angry at and blame down the damn road ... and why would the color of a box for travelling through time matter?** The Wizard cannot think of any particular questions when Santalales asks that he would want to interject and delay the explanation of what the alleged task Santalales and Halfrost had brought them for.

====

OOC: Marcus, Tyral I think would understand the word Missile, but not the way anyone else understands it. He's familiar with Missile weapons, but those tend to be Arrows/Spears/Rocks from catapults/etc. One can still be tough by taking a shower of Arrows, but I doubt he'd have a legitimate understanding of your degree of nigh-invulnerability just yet ...
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ronith » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:22 am

Ronith wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 1, Original post: 1d100 = 92
PER: Original post: 1d20+9 = 26
Language: Old Norse- 1d100 = 37 vs. 98%
To try and translate what the fellow is speaking.

OOC Comments
Conditions: 59/61 ISP

Tyral wrote:"A pleasure John-Smith ... and well met Sir Ronith. Where is this Merctown? Near Southwatch? ... You look heavily, if oddly armed."

Tyral's repeated references to strange locations triggers old memories in the knight. He frowns thoughtfully before saying, "Tell me- is the name of your world Palladium? I was raised in a community of elves from that realm, including my mother, and I heard stories of some of these places- the Land of the Damned is some forbidding place where ancient monsters were sealed off from the rest of the realm, correct?"

Upon receiving confirmation, Ronith nods "Then you are from an entirely different world than the rest of us. I would welcome the chance to converse with you more- I know only a little of my mother's people. But I know your world to be backwards in the ways of technology, so allow me to share this." Ronith unholsters one of the pistols at his utility belt. "This is called a gun- specifically a one-handed version known as a pistol. When pointed at a target it can discharge a solid or energy projectile- unless you possess some sort of magical protection I suggest you avoid them. Whatever our... host may have planned for us, it will likely involve danger to require such a diverse array of warriors, so you should be prepared to face foes bearing this kind of advanced weaponry."

Brute wrote:"Sir Ronith, we should put our heads together. Halfrost brought us all here, through time and space. And whoever our host is, is taking their sweet time showing up to tell us why. Before we proceed, we should maybe know what our assets are, so we can figure out our strengths and weaknesses. Sentinel and I have our communicators, so we can help out there if need be. And it looks like Sentinel can speak elfin. Elfish? Beyond that, we're, uh... My friend is a magically animated statue that can make copies of himself. He has a couple other tricks as well."
Ronith nods. "I concur. I also possess a radio, though it is nothing special. In terms of my own capabilities, I am a swordsmaster first and foremost, but I am proficient with a wide variety of weapons besides. I also possess a degree of psychic ability, and a few magical trinkets to give me an edge in battle. I am a veteran of two wars, and have spent the past year or so in command of a small mercenary company. Should we require a more hierarchical structure, I submit that I may be the most qualified. In which case, I would like to hear more about all of your capabilities, to improve our tactical disposition should it prove necessary."

Upon hearing that the strange statue-fellow can copy himself, Ronith nods thoughtfully. Interesting. The three of us may make a formidable force. Aloud, he adds "I wear a ring that can do the same, but my duplicates are only illusory." Ronith remains silent during Marcus' 'introduction' of him to the others, merely nodding along and accepting the praise as his due.

Once the introductions are complete, Ronith finds himself drawn back to the tavern's surroundings, and their sense of familiarity. Listening to the barmaid introduce herself, with a distinctly Scandinavian-sounding name, Ronith puts two and two together and begins to suspect he is back in (or somewhere adjacent to) Asgard. He keeps his suspicions to himself for the time being, however- when the barkeep comes out and begins speaking in a strange tongue Ronith calls up the lessons of his childhood to look for any linguistic similarities between it and Old Norse. He will again keep this to himself, given that their hosts should be arriving shortly, and decides to help himself to food and drink. No telling when we shall have another respite.

Listening to the introduction, Ronith finds himself a little amazed at the cavalier attitude with which their host addresses moving the lot of them through space and time. I had not thought such a thing possible. Clearly the work of Odin, or one of the other Gods. Could Ragnarok itself be imminent?

Townsend wrote:“Now, before we move on to the parts where we discuss the threat and why you in particular were chosen… do you have any questions on what we’ve covered thus far?”
Ronith frowns, but can't help himself. "Is this Odin's doing? Is Ragnarok imminent?"
Ronith
Group Leader

Postby Brute » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:01 am

(Rolls carried over)

Marcus wrote:"Thank you, it eases my mind. In most cases I won't need to be covered just the understanding that i'll be almost offensively ineffective and my medical skills turn into that of back-ally drunk MD. You do not want me trying field surgery in the middle of a panic attack."

Clint nods, appreciative of the man's blunt honesty. "Fair enough. Do you know what triggers these attacks?"

Ronith wrote:"I concur. I also possess a radio, though it is nothing special. In terms of my own capabilities, I am a swordsmaster first and foremost, but I am proficient with a wide variety of weapons besides. I also possess a degree of psychic ability, and a few magical trinkets to give me an edge in battle. I am a veteran of two wars, and have spent the past year or so in command of a small mercenary company. Should we require a more hierarchical structure, I submit that I may be the most qualified. In which case, I would like to hear more about all of your capabilities, to improve our tactical disposition should it prove necessary."

Clint listens intently. A veteran? That's significant. "I'm not a veteran of any wars. Some battles, yeah." He turns to Sentinel. His military experience might be centuries out of date... Turning back to Ronith, he adds, "If it comes to a question of leadership, I agree that, with what I know now, you seem to be the most capable."

"As far as other capabilities, My training is in basic law enforcement. I'm no soldier. I figure I'm here because I'm tough to kill, and I'm a fairly big slab of meat for others to shelter behind." Clint smiles, only half joking.
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Sentinel » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:24 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 15 (another +3 for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 19 / D100 JiC: 1d100 = 55

”Mr Jackson, if you care to ever know more feel free to ask. I do enjoy the conversation and I always have the time.” Sentinel says to Brute.

"In my realm, I am a Wizard by trade. I come from a rather long line of them. I am roughly 150 years old, although I do not know how long that compares to time in whatever dimensions you call home. I have been trained in the knowledge of mundane healing ... although I have also acquired spells that tend to be far more efficient for most healing tasks. From where and whenever this is ... I have lost any sense of my familiar, Brago. Maybe he has not been born yet, or maybe I have been drawn from far enough in the past that he and I have already passed into oblivion by the time Halfrost plucked me ..."

Sentinel listens to the elf Tyral intently as the rhythm of his dragonese brings back fond memories of his instruction in Ki magic and his favorite meditations. A wizard? Wasn’t the Ms. Lexie also a Mystic Wizard.

"Mr. Oslarelar, you said a spell, are you a Mystic Wizard? A caster of magic spells and words of power? I focus my Ki, and I believe it is the same though we call it different names. I believe I also could enjoy conversing with you on this subject.” Sentinel says to Tyral.

”Indeed this is interesting is it not, being plucked in time. I anticipate we will learn much about dimensions soon enough.“ Sentinel says to Tyral as he turns to Brute. ”We were just talking about this weren’t we Mr. Jackson? Gods and dimensional travel, how serendipitous.”

Sentinel listens to Sir Ronith speak before speaking, ”Leadership differs depending on the battle field, whether from a royal court, a field, or entire continent, each will present its own challenges and require a different leadership. I am not discounting your experience Sir Ronith but advising that before you take on such a role know the scope of it.” Sentinel says.

”Indeed an illusion can be as effective as the material if used correctly. I would be interested in seeing these magical trinkets. This Kanabō here has some interesting properties as well." Sentinel says holding up the giant club.
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tyral » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:14 pm

Tyral wrote:Perception [+3]: Original post: 1d20+3 = 19
D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 5
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 99

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 14, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Ironhide Ring [AR 12 (???)], Sense Magic -[120' radius, 9.00 min]

[ === Over Food before Santalales' Arrival (?) === ]

Ronith wrote:... Upon receiving confirmation, Ronith nods "Then you are from an entirely different world than the rest of us. I would welcome the chance to converse with you more- I know only a little of my mother's people. But I know your world to be backwards in the ways of technology, so allow me to share this." Ronith unholsters one of the pistols at his utility belt. "This is called a gun- specifically a one-handed version known as a pistol. When pointed at a target it can discharge a solid or energy projectile- unless you possess some sort of magical protection I suggest you avoid them. Whatever our... host may have planned for us, it will likely involve danger to require such a diverse array of warriors, so you should be prepared to face foes bearing this kind of advanced weaponry."

Tyral nods thoughtfully, "Indeed. I hail from the city of Wisdom in the Eastern Territory of Palladium ... " he looks over the 'Gun' item the younger Elf draws, "interesting. I can summon up mystic protection for most cases, and indeed launch balls of Flame if there is need ... though Combat is not my passion. But I seldom find myself needing rescue ... well, so far."

Ronith wrote:Ronith nods. "I concur. I also possess a radio, though it is nothing special. In terms of my own capabilities, I am a swordsmaster first and foremost, but I am proficient with a wide variety of weapons besides. I also possess a degree of psychic ability, and a few magical trinkets to give me an edge in battle. I am a veteran of two wars, and have spent the past year or so in command of a small mercenary company. Should we require a more hierarchical structure, I submit that I may be the most qualified. In which case, I would like to hear more about all of your capabilities, to improve our tactical disposition should it prove necessary. "

The Elf listens as the others continue while musing to himself, **Interesting, I wonder what is this Radio? Maybe I should acquire one ... Hehehe a Swordsman's brashness at his tender years hehehe. He's fought in two wars he says, enough to build confidence, but I suppose not enough to have regrets yet ... That's alright I suppose, let your youth have free reign Sir Ronith. It won't come again, so it is a joy to be bold without fear of the need to repent ... .** The elder Elf offers a noncommittal smile, "Perhaps. I suppose it would have to depend on what the tasks at hand will be ... but it's good to know you are willing."

Sentinel wrote:"... Mr. Oslarelar, you said a spell, are you a Mystic Wizard? A caster of magic spells and words of power? I focus my Ki, and I believe it is the same though we call it different names. I believe I also could enjoy conversing with you on this subject.” Sentinel says to Tyral ... "Indeed this is interesting is it not, being plucked in time. I anticipate we will learn much about dimensions soon enough." Sentinel says to Tyral as he turns to Brute. "We were just talking about this weren’t we Mr. Jackson? Gods and dimensional travel, how serendipitous."

Tyral turns with a nod to the Statue-Man, "I am a Wizard, no Mystic. Where I come from they are two different things. Related I supposed, akin to the Housecat and the Lion ... The Lion learns ... and so, I suppose shall we. If things develop as we might hope, well that would indeed be something to look forward to ..."

OOC Note
OOC: No offense intended, compared to Tyral, Ronith is very nearly a child.

WIZARD.SIGNATURE.BLOCK
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brute » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:37 am

(Rolls carried over)

Sentinel wrote:”Mr Jackson, if you care to ever know more feel free to ask. I do enjoy the conversation and I always have the time.”

"Oh, I will - assuming we both survive. This is fascinating."

Sentinel wrote:”We were just talking about this weren’t we Mr. Jackson? Gods and dimensional travel, how serendipitous.”

Clint smirks. "I am beginning to doubt that there is any such thing as serendipity."

Sentinel wrote:”Leadership differs depending on the battle field, whether from a royal court, a field, or entire continent, each will present its own challenges and require a different leadership. I am not discounting your experience Sir Ronith but advising that before you take on such a role know the scope of it.”

Clint arches an eyebrow at Sentinel lecturing someone he'd just met on leadership. Then he smiles, thinking, Well, I guess he WAS an emperor. Coming from someone else, that might be perceived as arrogant.
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Sentinel » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 pm

[Rolls Held]

Brute wrote:Clint smirks. "I am beginning to doubt that there is any such thing as serendipity."

Sentinel nods at Brutes comment. "Mr. Jackson, that is not entirely a false statement since my understanding is that favorable circumstances are subjective. But would you rather be alone or have me here? In that you can find serendipity." Sentinel says unintentionally lecturing Brute.

Tyral wrote:Tyral turns with a nod to the Statue-Man, "I am a Wizard, no Mystic. Where I come from they are two different things. Related I supposed, akin to the Housecat and the Lion ... The Lion learns ... and so, I suppose shall we. If things develop as we might hope, well that would indeed be something to look forward to ..."

"Mr. Oslarelar, that is interesting because the Lion is a guardian and closely allied with the Dragon. I am the Yellow Dragon. Perhaps we do have much in common if our fortunes continue." Sentinel says.

"You know little of combat magic? I have several mantra's that may be of use to you, and by extension the rest of us. Do you desire me to teach you, Lion?" Sentinel says to Tyral.
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tyral » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:59 pm

Tyral wrote:Perception [+3]: Original post: 1d20+3 = 19
D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 5
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 99

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 14, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Ironhide Ring [AR 12 (???)], Sense Magic -[120' radius, 9.00 min]

[ === Over Food before Santalales' Arrival (?) === ]

Sentinel wrote:"Mr. Oslarelar, that is interesting because the Lion is a guardian and closely allied with the Dragon. I am the Yellow Dragon. Perhaps we do have much in common if our fortunes continue." Sentinel says, "You know little of combat magic? I have several mantra's that may be of use to you, and by extension the rest of us. Do you desire me to teach you, Lion?" Sentinel says to Tyral.

Tyral cocks an eyebrow at the painted man thoughtfully with a slim smile, "You do not know me at all, yet by your tone you seem to speak down at me, or at least so it would seem to one who has known true dragons and lions. You indeed may know magics that I do not, though I would hazard I can reply in kind with spells foreign to you. I did not say that I know little of combat magic, and the Dragons I met in my youth were ... larger. I am a seeker of knowledge, I always have been, and although I would not object to an exchange of teachings, I have some doubts that I was brought here to act as an acolyte to any of you ... it seems unlikely though that we will be afforded that much time."

WIZARD.SIGNATURE.BLOCK
Tyral's Character Sheet
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby John » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:13 pm

Dice wrote:Perception: 1d20+7 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 13
Ronith's mention of Ragnarok catches John's attention and he twists in his seat to look at the elf after he says it. Didn't I stop that already? I'm sorry I've reached my limit of megaverse saving for the month. See me after a week somewhere tropical and a couple fruity umbrella drinks. Turning back to face Santalales John is interested to hear the answer.
John

Postby Ronith » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:29 pm

Ronith wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 1, Original post: 1d100 = 92
PER: Original post: 1d20+9 = 26

OOC Comments
59/61 ISP remaining

In response to the discussion about leadership, which in hindsight may have been too bold a claim, too soon, Ronith merely replies "My intention was not to exert power over the rest of you- my apologies if that is how it seemed. I merely know that in battle a clear chain of command is essential, and offered up my experience as a qualification. We can discuss the matter further at a later juncture."

Sentinel wrote:”Indeed an illusion can be as effective as the material if used correctly. I would be interested in seeing these magical trinkets. This Kanabō here has some interesting properties as well." Sentinel says holding up the giant club.
"I look forward to seeing this 'Kanabō' in action. I daresay the both of us shall have our opportunities soon enough."
Ronith
Group Leader

Postby Townsend » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:30 pm

Time: A smidgen past lunchtime, give or take an epoch

The hastily-assembled group continues to get to know each other a bit more until Mister Santalales begins his introduction and briefing.

Brute wrote:Clint shakes his head. "I'll withhold questions until the end."

Santalales nods. "Very well." He looks around at the others who also either shake their heads in silence or simply stare.

Except for one. And he makes up for the rest.

Ronith wrote:Ronith frowns, but can't help himself. "Is this Odin's doing? Is Ragnarok imminent?"

As Ronith asks his question, an impossibly big smile spreads across Lukke's face as he turns to tap Grim on the shoulder. "Told you, bror. Pay up."

Grim's own expression turns even more sour (if that was even possible). "Yeah, yeah, yeah..." He reaches into a belt pouch and pulls out a shining golden apple. "Here. Hope you choke on it." He hands it over to Lukke, who cheerfully sticks it in his pocket.

As for Santalales, he raises an eyebrow in surprise but otherwise makes no show of emotion. "It would seem the Intithson's mind is as sharp as Frostfang's edge. Very well." His visage shimmers away to reveal a red-haired, clean shaven man in the prime of life with a perfect gymnast's physique. And at least 2 feet taller than he was. "Baldr Odinson, at your service. Forgive us for the disguise, we had hoped to keep our involvement a total secret but as mortals are fond of saying 'the best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry.' Oh well." He sighs slightly. "To answer your questions, Intithson, yes the All-Father has commanded this quest and Ragnarok seems only a hair's breadth away more and more often." He gestures to John. "For instance, the Gjallarhorn was only just now recovered from a demon intent on using it to trigger the Great Ending -- thanks in no small part to the efforts of Mister Smith here as well as the Warlock Marines."

"But the looming specter of Ragnarok is not unlike a hydra. Cut off one head, two more seem to take its place..." He reaches into one of his own belt pouches and pulls out a crystalline object, which he sets on a table. "Although I dare say this particular threat could count as several heads at once."

The object begins to glow and beams of light shine forth from the sides. The light beams start to coalesce into images. Images of destruction. Images of entire continents being reduced to smoking cinders. Images of whole worlds stripped of all life. Images of the sky above blotted out by great hordes of flying robotic-looking creatures raining death. Images of different robotic-looking creatures stomping through the ruins of a once-great city, slaughtering innocent creatures without any regard for age or gender.

"They call themselves the Mechanoids," Baldr answers the question that is hanging the air but hasn't been voiced yet. "They are an ancient race, originally bred for war and turned upon the race that created them before unleashing death and destruction upon thousands of worlds. They are insane beyond any hope of discourse or negotiation and every last one of them are consumed with hatred fueling their determination to achieve their ultimate goal: eradication of all humanoid life throughout the Nine Realms and beyond. The All-Father has witnessed the destruction they have wrought during his travels and has expressed concerns that perhaps these monsters will ultimately be the spark that ignites Ragnarok by allying themselves with the Fenrir Wolf or even the Midgard Serpent. Unfortunately, the reality is even more dire than the All-Father's original concerns. We have it on reliable information that an Aesir is actually plotting to use these monsters in a bid to unleash megaversal chaos and bring about Ragnarok in a way that none of us had ever forseen."

Lukke raises his hands in protest. "Hey, it's not me! I like a good practical joke as much as the next Asgardian, but not one that'll bring about my death as well."

Baldr shakes his head and rolls his eyes. "I'm sure they've figured that out by now, Loki..." he sighs without looking back towards the bar. "No, this traitor to Asgard and living beings everywhere is none other than Hel, the Goddess of Death and the All-Father's biggest enemy. She's not too fond of me either since she had to let me go. Long story."

"Hel hates life. All life means to her is a supply of essences she can capture in her realm and these Mechanoids represent the perfect tool for harvesting them. To get her closer to that goal she has struck a deal with the Splugorth for their bio-wizards to construct for her a new non-humanoid body, one that she can possess and use to become their queen. If she gets control over them, or at least can count them among her allies, she will have the means to open any number of rifts and portals to all corners of the Megaverse and send them out to wreak havoc on a scale unimaginable to even the gods ourselves." As if on cue, the crystalline object goes dark and the images fade.

"And now you begin to understand why you are here and why we considered the potential threat great enough to risk casting the chronometric spells used to bring you here. Simply put, Hel cannot be allowed to complete her new body and ally herself with the Mechanoids. That, my friends, is where YOU come in."

He takes a step back and folds his arms. "I would assume you have questions now..." he looks at Clint for a long moment before resting his eyes on the others in turn. "You may ask them."

What are you doing?
Townsend
Game Master

Postby John » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:15 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 98

Lore: Mythology 90%, remembering the Norse Pantheon and associated legends: 1d100 = 21
Lore: Religion 87%, ditto: 1d100 = 29

Balder the Noble and the God of Deceit. Working together. I should have pushed for that vacation on Center to start sooner, John thinks as the asgardians reveal themselves. He turns to look at Grim more closely. He'd barely paid the man a moment's attention when he walked in, ignoring him as muscle, but with the other two being Gods, well, there was obviously more to him than a bad disposition. The shifter smiles for only a second when he's recognized for the small part he played in stopping the ritual on New Nielfheim but his mind is racing as he considers the implications of what was just said. Turning back to Balder he says the obvious, "Maybe I'm just slow but you're a god. Balder the Noble. Son of Odin and Frigga. You probably have ten times the raw magical power as myself, the elf," nodding to Tyral, "and the Emperor of China over there put together. I'm having trouble seeing what exactly we can do that you can't. Especially when you're keeping company with Loki, and, unless I miss my guess, Thor."
John

Postby Brute » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:07 am

Signature Block
Brute
Normal Form
Monstrous Form

Omega Suit
Features:

Perception: 1d20+5 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 31

Clint listens in rapt attention as the god lays out the plight of the megaverse before them.

Baldr wrote:"I would assume you have questions now...You may ask them."

Clint nods vigorously, a faint smile on his lips. "Oh, yeah. I have questions. Here they are, in the order they occurred to me..."

Clint holds up one finger. "You say you're gods? Like, actual gods, or... forgive me, but where I come from there are pretenders." He thinks briefly of Queen Arachne, and of his former teammate Bronsen the Loud. Though that guy might've been an actual god. Man, I wish Barney were here - he'd mess his pants over this. He chuckles.

Clint smirks and shrugs. "Do you know Bronsen the Loud?" He turns to "Grim", the one who John identified as Thor. "If you're Thor, he claimed to be your avatar. Said his mother was a valkyrie. We were never sure if he was... telling the truth, or just crazy. Or both, I guess. He disappeared not that long ago."

Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 54/40% (FAIL)

Holding up another finger, he asks "This Ragnarok... I have a team member back home who's better with this stuff than me. I'm guessing it's an apocalypse of some sort? Bad news?" Thunderclap used to talk about Ragnarok from time to time, but he never explained. Again, Barney would be able to recite chapter and verse on this.

Holding up a third finger, "These mechanoids. What kind of intel can you provide on their abilities, tactics, numbers? Weaknesses? If we're going to stop them, it might be handy to know a little more." If they're bots, Wi-Fi could've hacked them. Hell, even if they're not, she could hack their systems maybe. So... why am I here instead of them? Or hell, even the whole Omega team. This does seem more an all-hands-on-deck situation. This makes no sense.

Holding up a fourth finger, "Hel. Goddess of Death. Do we have some kind of plan for beating her? I mean, other than charge in all helter-skelter and wreck shit." He smiles, adding to the other assembled heroes, "That's Omega Standard Operating Procedure." Turning back to Baldr, he tilts his head. "If there's a... workable strategy we can employ, I'd like to have some idea." He glances at Sir Ronith for approval.

Then, in rapid succession: thumb, "What's a 'sploo-gorth'?", index finger on other hand, "What's a bio-wizard?", next finger, "What's a Rift - some kind of portal I'm guessing?"

Dropping both his hands, he says "And the biggest one, saved for last: Why us, exactly?"

He gives a brief, uncertain chuckle. "I have no problem risking my life for the greater good. I'm happy to help with this cause. I'd just prefer it not be for nothing, so... any help you can give will be greatly appreciated."
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Ronith » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:18 am

JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 100
PER: 1d20+9 = 27

Ronith Conditions
- 59/61 ISP remaining
Anthropology- 1d100 = 32 vs. 86%
To identify the golden apple and/or its function.

Ronith instantly drops to one knee as Baldr reveals himself. "My lord Baldr, it is truly an honor. I shall do whatever you command in the service of the Norse Gods, and to prevent Ragnarok." Once he is bidden (or allowed to rise), Ronith does so and continues the conversation normally. Apparently, this isn't his first rodeo with one of the Gods he worships, either. At Baldr's mention of John's involvement in preventing another form of Ragnarok, Ronith looks at the human with fresh eyes and a newfound respect. He nods, as if to say Any friends of the Norse are friends of mine.

Ronith observes the images featuring the mechanoids stoically- he's not familiar with them per se, but it doesn't take him long to get the gist of the situation. "Then we shall stop them of course." As the briefing continues and Loki effectively outs himself, Ronith takes an involuntary step back from the trickster. He can't help but wonder as to who Grim might be, but reasons that whoever it is will reveal themselves or not as they see fit- it is not Ronith's place to press for answers. He does, however, start when Baldr reveals that it is none other than another Norse God conspiring with the fiends.

At John's question to their reasons, Ronith answers with his own conclusion. "If the rest of the Aesir were to move openly against Hel it would likely start a war between the Gods- possibly even presage the coming of Ragnarok itself. Mortal agents acting more-or-less anonymously would avoid that. The humans on Earth used to have a saying for it- 'plausible deniability', if memory serves." Ronith pauses, then draws Frostfang- his holy sword of the Norse pantheon. "At least, that is the only explanation of which I can think- but my presence here would seem to jeopardize that objective. Which begs the question- why me, or for that matter why any of us? Is it enough that we would simply be beneath Hel's notice?"

Brute echoes several other questions that come to Ronith's mind, but a couple that the cyber-knight is qualified to answer himself.
Brute wrote:"What's a 'sploo-gorth'?", index finger on other hand, "What's a bio-wizard?", next finger, "What's a Rift - some kind of portal I'm guessing?"
Gods preserve us- what manner of backwater are these two from? Aloud, Ronith answers "The Splugorth are monsters- they have the power of Gods, dozens of species enslaved as their minions, and operate throughout the megaverse. Generally to the detriment of everyone save themselves. They view humans, and almost all sentient life, as slaves if one is lucky. Food if one is not. Bio-wizardry is one of their foulest, most secretive arts, and it entails the use of magic to twist life itself. They can create living weapons, and strange organisms to augment the body or mind. As for the Rifts, yes- they are portals through space and time, holding in equal amounts the promise of untold possibilities and innumerable horrors. If they do not appear on your world, consider yourself most fortunate."

Turning back to Baldr, Ronith coninues. "Milord, I stand ready to lay down my life in your service, as always. How do you direct us to proceed?"
Ronith
Group Leader

Postby Tyral » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:25 am

Perception [+3]: 1d20+3 = 4 (ummm Lost in his thoughts (?))
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 4
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 9

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 14, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Ironhide Ring [AR 14 (???)], Sense Magic -[120' radius, 9.00 min]

Tyral takes a seat at the end of a bench and looks the three men over, carefully noting the magic power that to his-eye they possess (or don't), and the lack of any obvious weapons as Santalales tells his tale and Ronith inquires about something called Ragnarok, **They carry no weapons, so one would guess they feel safe here. Both from us and from any other enemies tha might find them. Or were they just left out-of-sight because some of these others might know them? ... Ragnaraok, Ragnaraok? Does not sound like a good thing ... gods are trying to prevent it. Probably more Worlds-Ending than Party-of-the-Millenium, after all Father used to tell tales of how he marched with the Black Bastards of Berduu to kill a Hydra. They're a rather legendary pain ... and Intithson? Hmmm might be another name for Ronith? I thought he'd given Turand at introductions ... maybe it's a truename? or a description? Someone's son? But then the next generation would be Intithsonson? ... that seems cumbersome, how curious ... Let's see Lukke addresses Grim as Brother (Bror), but that could just be friendly comrades of some duration type thing ... Santalales, no, I guess he's Baldr shed some kind of illusionary disguise, or was he metamorphasized before?**

The Elf looks from the significantly taller former-Santalales to the curious blue and gold orb-thing, and cocks an eyebrow as it begins projecting images and the discussion continues, **Fascinating! ... Not the horrific carnage of iron-clad monsters ... but a wondrous item to bring to sight thoughts and images. It seems akin to a Crystal Ball, though where this is showing, I probably could not imagine. Alright, the Metal-beasts, or some of them at least are called Mechanoids. Oh, and Lukke is Loki and he may be something called an Aesir ... aaaand Hel a Death-Goddess --- can't really say "The" Death Goddess when there's Tolmet, Utu and Anubis where I'm from, they likely count, but these folks do not seem to know them --- anyways, Hel wants to build a new body and become ruler of these Mechanoids ... who don't like anyone else. Hel has a deal with some kind of wizards to make this new body? Curious, you would think a goddess could handle that herself, but really that's the thing Jon-Smith seems to be overlooking ... none of them are all-powerful, and many times, they prefer to work through intermediaries to prevent opponents from dispatching their own pawns**

He does not blurt out any questions, at first since others who at least seemed to think they knew more seemed to be tossing out a torrent of them and that seems likely to satisfy the need but when a pause arrives Tyral will inquire, "Yes. I do not know of either Splugorths or Bio-Wizards. It sounds like whatever art they practice would have been purged from my home-realm ... during the Millennium of Purification. Can someone explain what they are and why they would wish to build this disenchanted death-goddess a spare body? ... Actually is that the purpose of Zheng, that is Sentinel? ... " he turns curiously to the animated statue then back over at John, "Can you possess that other body instead of your own? ... It doesn't, to me, seem like we would have been brought to fight the wold-be God-Queen of these Mechanoids, but to destroy the Vessel? ... and I suppose the Bio-Wizards she is patronizing? ..."

The Elf's gaze drifts over to the beautifully crafted, but rather ordinary walking staff he'd left by the door, **Hmmm I suppose I wish I had something a bit more robust along for such a venture ... but maybe that new Spectral Sword spell will be sufficient.**

A.WIZARD.SIGNATURE.BLOCK
Tyral's Character Sheet
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sentinel » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:07 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 2 (another +3 for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 13 / D100 JiC: 1d100 = 48

Tyral wrote:Tyral cocks an eyebrow at the painted man thoughtfully with a slim smile, "You do not know me at all, yet by your tone you seem to speak down at me, or at least so it would seem to one who has known true dragons and lions. You indeed may know magics that I do not, though I would hazard I can reply in kind with spells foreign to you. I did not say that I know little of combat magic, and the Dragons I met in my youth were ... larger. I am a seeker of knowledge, I always have been, and although I would not object to an exchange of teachings, I have some doubts that I was brought here to act as an acolyte to any of you ... it seems unlikely though that we will be afforded that much time."

Sentinel burst’s into a musical laughter, much lighter and lyrical than one would expect from a stone statue. The Lion has teeth and claws. ”Mr. Oslarelar, you are correct I am certainly not a true dragon. I have before been humbled to know better and would not have offered to teach if I thought you lesser than you are. Lions are powerful, wise, and have instinct. Dragons are powerful, patient, and have time. Together we will do much and learn much.” Sentinel says with a slight bow to Tyral before being interrupted by the God’s reveal.

Sentinel listens and observes hearing the questions asked patiently waiting for the answers. And many questions are already answered leaving many more to be created in their place.

”I wouldn’t go as to say I am overwhelmed at what is happening here, but excited. This information of a new “world”, changes everything me and Mr. Jackson have known and I surmise the same for Mr. Oslarelar. We were aware of aliens and have had encounters with them, and I too have known a pair of Dragons who are nearly Gods in our “world”, but this is actual God’s and myths come to life. It is difficult to fathom the scale of the trials we seem destined to face when standing before the Celestial Court.” Sentinel gravely says.

Tyral wrote:"... Actually is that the purpose of Zheng, that is Sentinel? ... " he turns curiously to the animated statue then back over at John, "Can you possess that other body instead of your own? "

”Mr. Oslarelar, I certainly can’t inhabit any other form except my own. Our purpose seems to still be unclear.” Sentinel says pensively.

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 154/154 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 390/390 AR: 16
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 154/154 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 390/390 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 154/154 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 390/390 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 154/154 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 390/390 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tyral » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:25 pm

Tyral wrote:Perception [+3]: Original post: 1d20+3 = 4 (ummm Lost in his thoughts (?))
D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 4
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 9

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 14, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Ironhide Ring [AR 14 (???)], Sense Magic -[120' radius, 9.00 min]

Sentinel wrote:”I wouldn’t go as to say I am overwhelmed at what is happening here, but excited. This information of a new “world”, changes everything me and Mr. Jackson have known and I surmise the same for Mr. Oslarelar. We were aware of aliens and have had encounters with them, and I too have known a pair of Dragons who are nearly Gods in our “world”, but this is actual God’s and myths come to life. It is difficult to fathom the scale of the trials we seem destined to face when standing before the Celestial Court.” Sentinel gravely says. ...

Tyral shrugs noncommittally at Sentinal, "Well, on my world, the Gods of numerous religions still regularly honor and commune with their priests, but they do not reside there. They raise some from the dead, etc ... though it sounds like this may be rarer in other realms. For the most part the Gods are off in their own realms, so I was aware they existed. I just had not planned on making a trip to one ... so you said Celestial Court? Is that where we are?"

Sentinel wrote:”Mr. Oslarelar, I certainly can’t inhabit any other form except my own. Our purpose seems to still be unclear.” Sentinel says pensively.

"Oh. Alright then. Almost too bad. Acquiring and using a body fabricated to house a death-god might have been rather unique ..." He looks curiously over at the kneeling Ronith, **Is that sort of thing expected? ... Interesting. I rather would expect that from someone like Thorgrim, but do these gods need us to be abject in recognition of their divinity? ... It just seems like they would have the self assurance not to need the kneeling and scraping that mortal tyrants seek. I've got nothing against a good respectful bow, but well maybe I am overthinking it. Different Gods, different customs I suppose ...** Turning his gaze back to Baldr he asks, "Very well then, Lord Baldr ... do you have some plan for how you hope this task can somehow be accomplished? ... "

A.WIZARD.SIGNATURE.BLOCK
Tyral's Character Sheet
Last edited by Tyral on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sentinel » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:43 pm

(Rolls Held)

[Used in place of Lore skills in HU2:CC as no lore skills are trainable)
Anthropology 70% /1d100 = 80
Archaeology: 65% /1d100 = 21
Intelligence 74% /1d100 = 43

Tyral wrote:Tyral shrugs noncommittally at Sentinel, "Well, on my world, the Gods of numerous religions still regularly honor and commune with their priests, but they do not reside there. They raise some from the dead, etc ... though it sounds like this may be rarer in other realms. For the most part the Gods are off in their own realms, so I was aware they existed. I just had not planned on making a trip to one ... so you said Celestial Court? Is that where we are?"

"Mr. Oslarelar, I once believed in Greater Power, but after a millennium of life I have seen none beyond what man has seized for himself or been born with." he motions to himself and Brute.

"It is true very few men in our "realm" as you put it are capable of restoring the dead to life, but it is possible and not considered the hand of a god to those who can achieve such a feat. Magic, or Ki as I call it, is very rare in our realm. I have only met nine others in my long existence who have any significant capability with magic, and legends of others exist. But I admit that I am left with much doubt at this moment with self proclaimed Gods before us who are capable of pulling us through time. If that isn't nearly proof of deific status I don't know what else." Sentinel says to Tyral.

"I may be generalizing too much. I don't know if this is the Celestial Court and can only presume." Sentinel says to Tyral.

"Hel...I know him as Yama. Are they the same?" Sentinel asks the God Baldr before turning to Loki.

"Mr. Loki you have an uncanny resemblance to someone I just met in our realm. A man by the name of Faraday. Were you scouting us before pulling us to this place?" Sentinel says to Loki.

"Mr. Jackson, does he not look like Faraday?" Sentinel says soliciting Brutes opinion.

[OOC: Faraday is a player in HU2:CC who's character is supposedly a son of Loki. Whether that is true or not is to be revealed and he approves of this nugget of information revealing to Loki there is possibly a connection there for future spin off and tie ins, or cameos.]
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby John » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:19 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 98
"Rift is a slang term for a dimensional portal, a tear between one reality and another," John says in response to the question.

He turns to see a kneeling Ronith as the cyber-knight responds to the revealed god. Wow, he takes this stuff seriously. Not that John didn't take the presence of three Norse gods seriously but he certainly wasn't going to kneel in front of them. And then when Ronith goes and pledges his life to them, well, "Woah there cowboy. You might be ready to do that but I like living. So before we skip to the dieing in their service part maybe we figure out a way where that isn't necessary?" Even as he says it he frowns, not because of Ronith or his pledge, but because he just realized that by mentioning 'we' and 'figure out a way' he's already accepted doing whatever it was the gods wanted. They chose their agents well I guess.
John

Postby Townsend » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:25 pm

Ronith wrote:Ronith instantly drops to one knee as Baldr reveals himself. "My lord Baldr, it is truly an honor. I shall do whatever you command in the service of the Norse Gods, and to prevent Ragnarok."

Baldr waves for Ronith to stand up. "Rise, sir knight. Though the gesture is appreciated this is not the time for formalities."

As he does so, Ronith and John both realize where they've heard mention of golden apples in their studies of Norse legends/mythology/religion. The only known member of the pantheon associated with them is the goddess Idunn, a fertility goddess whose apples supposedly help the gods stay young and rejuvenated over the millennia.

Brute wrote:"You say you're gods? Like, actual gods, or... forgive me, but where I come from there are pretenders."

"There are always 'pretenders,' Agent Jackson," Baldr replies. "But to answer your question, we Asgardians are the ones who have been worshiped at one time or another in various incarnations of Midgard across many dimensions -- including the one from which you and your royal companion hail as well as the one from which Sir Ronith, Doctor Hawk, and Mister Smith have been brought."

John wrote:"Maybe I'm just slow but you're a god. Balder the Noble. Son of Odin and Frigga. You probably have ten times the raw magical power as myself, the elf," nodding to Tyral, "and the Emperor of China over there put together. I'm having trouble seeing what exactly we can do that you can't. Especially when you're keeping company with Loki, and, unless I miss my guess, Thor."

"You are perceptive, Mister Smith... but as you may well imagine, there are complications that prevent our handling this matter internally..." Baldr nods in acknowledgement while Lukke chuckles -- clearly at the 'bouncer's' expense -- which elicits an even sour expression from the muscular redhead, who grasps a hammer-shaped amulet on a chain around his neck. His visage shimmers as Baldr's did and in his place is another much larger humanoid dressed in what many of the group would recognize as traditional Viking garb (only much sturdier-looking), equally heavily-muscled as before but with long red hair and beard.

"Congratulations, lærd -- couldn't you of all people have figured that out just a few seconds earlier?" He scowls in John's general direction and mutters something the shifter can't quite make out as he picks up a tankard and chugs the whole thing without pausing.

Brute wrote:Clint smirks and shrugs. "Do you know Bronsen the Loud?" He turns to "Grim", the one who John identified as Thor. "If you're Thor, he claimed to be your avatar. Said his mother was a valkyrie. We were never sure if he was... telling the truth, or just crazy. Or both, I guess. He disappeared not that long ago."

Thor snorts. “I don’t have an ‘avatar,’ boy. I want to visit a world, I go there myself and not hide behind some remote-control flesh puppet.” He shrugs. “Can’t say the name sounds familiar… but his mother being a valkyrie? Now that’s another story entirely. There’s enough who’ve shared my bed for that part to be true at least.” He chuckles while giving Clint a wink and a nod.

Ronith wrote:At John's question to their reasons, Ronith answers with his own conclusion. "If the rest of the Aesir were to move openly against Hel it would likely start a war between the Gods- possibly even presage the coming of Ragnarok itself. Mortal agents acting more-or-less anonymously would avoid that. The humans on Earth used to have a saying for it- 'plausible deniability', if memory serves." Ronith pauses, then draws Frostfang- his holy sword of the Norse pantheon. "At least, that is the only explanation of which I can think- but my presence here would seem to jeopardize that objective. Which begs the question- why me, or for that matter why any of us? Is it enough that we would simply be beneath Hel's notice?"

Baldr nods. "You are correct in that Odin wants to avoid direction action against Hel, but his reasons go beyond that 'plausible deniability' you mentioned. Open warfare against one of our own would give the appearance of weakness to any number of external enemies and encourage them to exploit that perceived weakness. The All-Father has mustered Asgard's warriors who await the order to mobilize, but even we cannot deploy large numbers of troops without Hel or one of her spies taking notice and we cannot afford her even so much as suspecting we know her intentions. So for the moment our forces are being held in reserve -- in case you fail and she manages to take control of the Mechanoid hordes."

Ronith wrote:"The Splugorth are monsters- they have the power of Gods, dozens of species enslaved as their minions, and operate throughout the megaverse. Generally to the detriment of everyone save themselves. They view humans, and almost all sentient life, as slaves if one is lucky. Food if one is not. Bio-wizardry is one of their foulest, most secretive arts, and it entails the use of magic to twist life itself. They can create living weapons, and strange organisms to augment the body or mind. As for the Rifts, yes- they are portals through space and time, holding in equal amounts the promise of untold possibilities and innumerable horrors. If they do not appear on your world, consider yourself most fortunate."

“Fortunate indeed,” Baldr nods. “If there are creatures out there more suitable for one’s nightmares, I don’t know of them and quite frankly I don’t want to know.” He taps on the crystal, and it flares back to life showing images of a mound of lumpy, slime covered flesh with a giant eye surrounded by a crown of protective spines. Protruding from the flesh mound are eleven tentacles, four of which have a mouth and teeth.

“Vile and powerful creatures on their own, but what makes them especially dangerous is the kingdoms full of minions under their command.” Bladr’s disgust is plain to see. “They’ve tried to raid Asgard for slaves, artifacts and pieces of Yggdrasil but they’ve never succeeded. About the only good thing about them is that they hate vampires and the Mechanoids as much as we do -- which is why we feel it’s safe to assume that the only reason they’re assisting Hel in her endeavors because they don’t know what she intends to do with her new body once it’s done. A secondary component of your mission will be to ensure those intentions are ‘leaked’ to the Splugorth so they might… reconsider… their agreement with her.”

Sentinel wrote:"Hel...I know him as Yama. Are they the same?" Sentinel asks the God Baldr before turning to Loki.

"Mr. Loki you have an uncanny resemblance to someone I just met in our realm. A man by the name of Faraday. Were you scouting us before pulling us to this place?" Sentinel says to Loki.

Baldr shakes his head. “I have not met Yama myself, but I can assure you they are not the same. Where your Yama represents a chance at paradise or rebirth Hel brings only torment. She hates all living things and enjoys inflicting pain and death on others. She sees the Mechanoids as the perfect tool for inflicting widespread pain and death across all realms she can access.”

He looks at Tyral. “As for why she needs a new body, it’s because the Mechanoids hate humanoid, bipedal life as much as she hates *all* life and would never accept her if she appeared to them in her ‘normal’ form… and while she can magically alter her appearance for a time a new body would save her the effort of casting disguise spells as well as the guesswork of when those spells would expire.” He taps the crystal and the images shift to a series of images depicting creatures that look like bizarre combinations of tentacles, crustacean shells, gaping maws, and other dissimilar pieces welded together by an artist suffering from acute mental illness.

“According to our best guesses, the body she’s commissioned from the Splugorth will be one of these. They’re called ‘Metztla’ -- alien life forms who share the Splugorth’s disdain for other life forms as anything other than sources of food.” He pauses a moment. “As you can see, these monsters are about as far removed from being humanoid as anything can get. Just the thing for trying to impress a horde of murderous cyborgs.”

When Sentinel asks Loki about Faraday, however, the god simply smiles. “Oh, but telling you would be far too easy, ‘your Majesty.’ Far be it from me to confirm or deny a story with such deliciously fascinating implications. It’ll be much more fun to watch you figure it out for yourself.”

Ronith wrote:Turning back to Baldr, Ronith coninues. "Milord, I stand ready to lay down my life in your service, as always. How do you direct us to proceed?"

John wrote:"Woah there cowboy. You might be ready to do that but I like living. So before we skip to the dieing in their service part maybe we figure out a way where that isn't necessary?"

Baldr's face loses some of its warmth. "Aye, serve us and you may die. But if Hel manages to unleash the Mechanoids across a thousand worlds including your own, then you will most certainly die along with untold trillions of innocent beings whose only crime is being bipedal. But we do have a plan..." he looks around. "Unless there are any more questions before we proceed?"

What are you doing?
Townsend
Game Master

Postby Brute » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:31 pm

Signature Block
Brute
Normal Form
Monstrous Form

Omega Suit
Features:

Perception: 1d20+5 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 32

Baldr wrote:"...to answer your question, we Asgardians are the ones who have been worshiped at one time or another in various incarnations of Midgard across many dimensions -- including the one from which you and your royal companion hail as well as the one from which Sir Ronith, Doctor Hawk, and Mister Smith have been brought."

Clint's mind reels. Gods... The thoughts come fast and furious - but the overwhelming feeling of understanding sweeps them away as dust before a broom. Gods exist. This brings an odd feeling of... rightness. This is how things are supposed to be, he feels. Whether that's some or all gods, I don't know. But these gods, Asgardian gods? They're real.

Thor wrote:“I don’t have an ‘avatar,’ boy. I want to visit a world, I go there myself and not hide behind some remote-control flesh puppet. Can’t say the name sounds familiar… but his mother being a valkyrie? Now that’s another story entirely. There’s enough who’ve shared my bed for that part to be true at least.”

Clint chuckles at this answer. "Makes sense. Bronsen... didn't seem quite... all there. But he was powerful enough. Let's just say there was room to doubt some of his story." Clint's mind wanders back to the revelation about Asgardian gods. I mean... how does that even work? They seem like they act as... kinda... guardians of reality. At least, that's what all this seems like, anyway. Do people still pray to them? I mean, obviously Sir Ronith worships them, but he's from, like, 350 years from now... from my time anyhow.

Ronith wrote:"The Splugorth are monsters- they have the power of Gods, dozens of species enslaved as their minions, and operate throughout the megaverse. Generally to the detriment of everyone save themselves. They view humans, and almost all sentient life, as slaves if one is lucky. Food if one is not. Bio-wizardry is one of their foulest, most secretive arts, and it entails the use of magic to twist life itself. They can create living weapons, and strange organisms to augment the body or mind. As for the Rifts, yes- they are portals through space and time, holding in equal amounts the promise of untold possibilities and innumerable horrors. If they do not appear on your world, consider yourself most fortunate."

Baldr wrote:“Fortunate indeed. If there are creatures out there more suitable for one’s nightmares, I don’t know of them and quite frankly I don’t want to know. Vile and powerful creatures on their own, but what makes them especially dangerous is the kingdoms full of minions under their command. They’ve tried to raid Asgard for slaves, artifacts and pieces of Yggdrasil but they’ve never succeeded. About the only good thing about them is that they hate vampires and the Mechanoids as much as we do -- which is why we feel it’s safe to assume that the only reason they’re assisting Hel in her endeavors because they don’t know what she intends to do with her new body once it’s done. A secondary component of your mission will be to ensure those intentions are ‘leaked’ to the Splugorth so they might… reconsider… their agreement with her.”

Clint winces when the image of the Splugorth appears - his mind not quite able to take it all in. Splugorth... Rifts... Hel... All of this sounds like Very Bad News.

Sentinel wrote:"Mr. Jackson, does he not look like Faraday?"

Clint scrutinizes Loki. "Does he?" he asks, his mind still reeling.

Loki wrote:“Oh, but telling you would be far too easy, ‘your Majesty.’ Far be it from me to confirm or deny a story with such deliciously fascinating implications. It’ll be much more fun to watch you figure it out for yourself.”

I'll have to ask Sentinel about that. Curious line of questioning... and a curious answer. Is he trying to imply a connection between the two? What's a Century Station gadgeteer to do with Loki?

Baldr wrote:"Aye, serve us and you may die. But if Hel manages to unleash the Mechanoids across a thousand worlds including your own, then you will most certainly die along with untold trillions of innocent beings whose only crime is being bipedal. But we do have a plan... Unless there are any more questions before we proceed?"

Clint steps forward. "I'm convinced the threat is real. And if you think we're the ones to handle it... well... I guess I'll have to take that on..."
Faith? "...Trust. Speaking for myself... I'll stand with you." He turns to Sentinel. "Sentinel, I may be your team leader in Century Station... but we're not in Century Station. I'll leave you to make your own decisions here." He turns again, to look at the gods.

Gods. Despite the life-changing confirmation of divinity - in a way most people, Clint supposes, don't achieve until after they die, Clint manages to maintain his composure. There's a job to do, after all, he thinks, while, in the back of his mind, the thought echoes:

The gods are real.
Brute
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Sentinel » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:01 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14 (another +3 for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 12 / D100 JiC: 1d100 = 28

[Used in place of Lore skills in HU2:CC as no lore skills are trainable)
Anthropology 70% /1d100 = 52
Archaeology: 65% /1d100 = 68
Intelligence 74% /1d100 = 58

Baldr shakes his head. “I have not met Yama myself, but I can assure you they are not the same. Where your Yama represents a chance at paradise or rebirth Hel brings only torment. She hates all living things and enjoys inflicting pain and death on others. She sees the Mechanoids as the perfect tool for inflicting widespread pain and death across all realms she can access.”

”Master Baldr, though you never “met” Yama, do you personally know of the existence of the Celestial Court I speak of? That it actually exists?” Sentinel asks the question his voice rising almost as if becoming hysteric.

When Sentinel asks Loki about Faraday, however, the god simply smiles. “Oh, but telling you would be far too easy, ‘your Majesty.’ Far be it from me to confirm or deny a story with such deliciously fascinating implications. It’ll be much more fun to watch you figure it out for yourself.”

Bowing slightly when speaking to Loki, ” Master Loki, you honor me with your lips with my title, but your heart is mocking. Nonetheless thank you.”

Clint steps forward. []b"I'm convinced the threat is real. And if you think we're the ones to handle it... well... I guess I'll have to take that on..."[/b]
Faith? "...Trust. Speaking for myself... I'll stand with you." He turns to Sentinel. "Sentinel, I may be your team leader in Century Station... but we're not in Century Station. I'll leave you to make your own decisions here." He turns again, to look at the gods.

”Mr. Jackson, thank you though it would seem our decision has already been made for the both of us, even though we already agree to the conditions. We are here with nowhere to go and why would we! I have never been so intrigued in a several millennia and feel as if I have been a sheltered child my whole existence locked away in the Castle to have the wonders of the world thrown at my feet the first stroll outside its walls.”

Asking in general to all present, "It is apparent you have a wealth of knowledge on Maddam Hel and the Mechanoids she is allied with. What can you provide us in the way of information, tools, weapons, and support. Much of what was had got left behind when we were brought here. We are very much unprepared and that goes against every part of my better judgment."
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tyral » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:23 pm

Perception [+3]: 1d20+3 = 7
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 13
D100 JiC: 1d100 = 72
Save vs HF [+4]: 1d20+4 = 22

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 14, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Ironhide Ring [AR 14 (???)], Sense Magic [120' radius, 8.00 min]

Tyral's contemplative silence settles around him like a shroud of stillness as Baldr further and further draws back the veil over both their task, and their prospective opponents. The Elf's eyes lock on the image(s) of a Splugorth/Eye-thing, **Whoa!! Whoa?!!? Belimar's bollocks, that thing is hideous ... It's like an Eye that's trying to eat the world while scratching itself ... that is a disgusting looking hellbound creature. Say what you will about not judging books by their covers ... and that thing may have the soul of a charming poet ... but I have doubts. Hel has commissioned a 'body' from these Splugorth so she can gain control of a race of murderous Cyborgs, whatever those are ... These Splugorth then sound as bad as any Vampire or Demon that I have ever heard of, so I guess I can safely assume we are the good guys ... and from the lofty peaks of the moral high ground I suppose I should not be thinking about how nauseous I feel, that Baldr did not answer my query about whether there was some plan for how the task can somehow be accomplished ... Well maybe he didn't hear me. Besides, if these truly are Gods ... ostensibly even if we died, they could just resurrect us right? Isis, Ra, and Rurga all seem to handle that on a rather routine basis on Palladium, and that is in response requests from their Priests. Surely, if these Gods have taken a direct interest in us and plan to set us to this task. Then again Death cannot always be turned back ... perhaps rather than assume ... **

The Wizard wets his throat with a sip of water, his hand visibly shaking as he sets the glass back down before speaking quietly, "You referred to these Splugorth as a Them. This suggests there are many? Is it know how many? Are there Dozens? Thousands? Tens-of-thousands? If all we know is that Hel has struck a deal with a Splugorth, is that not akin to knowing she has a deal with ... a Troll, or a Wolfen, or an Orc? ... That is to say, is it known which of these Splugorth she has struck her pact with? Or where it might be found? You said they have attempted to raid Asgard before but that you have turned them back successfully ... This suggests you have weapons that have been tested to be effective against the Splugorth and their slave-minions in the past? ... and, what is a cyborg? ..." he trails off rubbing his eyes with the heels of his palm as though trying to banish an image that will not leave, "... I just ... Look, It seems like you have drawn all these others from a world with knowledge of you and, or, of the Splugorth things. I do not have any reason for you not to proceed because I already asked to hear this plan ... but I am hoping that it includes some of whatever you have used on the Splugorth in the past and ... for instance, on my world, resurrection is not common, but it is not unheard of. The Gods use it on a somewhat regular basis ... so although we may die in your plan. Is there any potential for ... mitigating mortality? ..." The Elf is very much not looking at Sentinel as he reflects, **I don't want to end up a painted statue thing ... but I am not exactly thirsting for oblivion here.**

A.WIZARD.SIGNATURE.BLOCK
Tyral's Character Sheet
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Marcus » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:10 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 12
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 17

Marcus keeps silent as the others ask and are answered. The good doctor remembers Sister Sky and her Faith in the Gods of the old Greek peoples. Athena was her patron goddess and with luck is with her now in fields of green grass and days filled with joy. From conversation he had had with her, Marcus had started to believe that there truly were being out there that were worshiped and that might still be active in some ways. But to see that this is true with his own eyes was a bit of a shock. Marcus almost frantically pours thru all he learned about the old Greek gods. Most of them seemed more petty and cruel then great and good. If he can believe the stories then the Gods can be as fickle as humans at times, just almost infinitely more powerful. Marcus mentally kicks himself for not listening more to Skys' lessons of the various Pantheons.

From the little Sky told him of the other Pantheons, the Norse we're almost all war-like. Their chosen after-life was a place of feasting and fighting. That seems like all Marcus can remember. "At some point it seems I'll have pull Sir Ronith to the side and find out whom we are dealing with here. John Smith seems to know whom we're dealing with here too. I'll have to trust those that know. In any case the threat is one that needs to be dealt with. If we can stop this menace then there is no choice, we must try. But how?"

Tyral wrote: "... I just ... Look, It seems like you have drawn all these others from a world with knowledge of you and, or, of the Splugorth things. I do not have any reason for you not to proceed because I already asked to hear this plan ... but I am hoping that it includes some of whatever you have used on the Splugorth in the past and ... for instance, on my world, resurrection is not common, but it is not unheard of. The Gods use it on a somewhat regular basis ... so although we may die in your plan. Is there any potential for ... mitigating mortality? ..." The Elf is very much not looking at Sentinel as he reflects, **I don't want to end up a painted statue thing ... but I am not exactly thirsting for oblivion here.**

Marcus' eyes pop wide at the mention of resurrection. The good doctor had heard rumors of this back on his world but had never found a real case of it. Just the whispers of High magical incantations, some off-handed mention from Natasha that their was a tattoo that could raise the dead and Skys' mention that the Gods could grant the power if they chose. But all of these were just that, unconfirmed rumors. "What I wouldn't give to be able to help those that fall past the reach of my skills. To save those taken from us by violence or accident. Even if I can't accomplish this feat myself, just knowing it's possible and finding a way to access it could change so much for the better on our world.". Marcus has to force his curiosity down and wait for the gods to answer the question. This is not the time for the good doctor to try and side track people with one of his obsessions. Instead he focuses on the other question asked by Tyral.

Tyral wrote:"and, what is a cyborg? ..."

"I think I can answer that one. A cyborg is a merging of biological and mechanical. In practice, on my world, if you lose a leg or a hand, I can acquire or build a mechanical replacement and connect it to you so you have the function back. For magic uses these interfere with the ability to use magic so we can grow a purely biological replacement and attach that so there is no loss magical ability. Many on my world use this to gain power. Legs and arms with the strength of 5 men and the speed to out run a horse. Some go a far as to replace all but their mind and become men of metal capable of blasting through city walls or defeating a few hatching dragons. Their level of power all depends on what they have build into themselves you understand. "
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sentinel » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:56 pm

(Rolls held)

Sentinel listens intently to the Wizard since much that is asked or said is beyond words exciting to the venerable Golem. "Mr. Oslarelar, mortality is certainly a valid concern. There are also things worse than ceasing to exist. Is there a recourse to retrieving trapped individuals?" Sentinel asks piggy backing on Tyral's line of questioning.

"I cannot say enough this is the most interesting few minutes I have had in centuries. In our "Past Earth" for a lack of better term, there are prosthetic that are very nearly as good as a replacements for lost limbs that give nearly all capability back to the individual, but not so advanced as to transplant a brain; well not that I am aware of. So to simply put it, your world has "living" golems not made of magic. Mr. Marcus what else can you tell me?" Sentinel asks strongly interested in what he has to add.
OOC Comments
I do not recall if Marcus introduced himself. I am assuming he did.
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tyral » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:20 pm

Tyral wrote:Perception [+3]: Original post: 1d20+3 = 7
D20 JiC: Original post: 1d20 = 13
D100 JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 72
Save vs HF [+4]: Original post: 1d20+4 = 22

Conditions: Nightvision: 60' [30' in unnatural Magic Darkness], Spell Strength of 14, Tongues [constant] & Truesight [Sees through Magical and Psionic illusions, Not Affected by Magical or Non-Magical Darkness, and can See Invisible], Bracelet [½ PPE cost for Spells], Ironhide Ring [AR 14 (???)], Sense Magic [120' radius, 8.00 min]

Marcus wrote:"I think I can answer that one. A cyborg is a merging of biological and mechanical. In practice, on my world, if you lose a leg or a hand, I can acquire or build a mechanical replacement and connect it to you so you have the function back. For magic uses these interfere with the ability to use magic so we can grow a purely biological replacement and attach that so there is no loss magical ability. Many on my world use this to gain power. Legs and arms with the strength of 5 men and the speed to out run a horse. Some go a far as to replace all but their mind and become men of metal capable of blasting through city walls or defeating a few hatching dragons. Their level of power all depends on what they have build into themselves you understand. "

The Elder Elf listens and nods along quietly to this explanation in thoughtful silence as Sentinel interjects ...

Sentinel wrote:"I cannot say enough this is the most interesting few minutes I have had in centuries. In our "Past Earth" for a lack of better term, there are prosthetic that are very nearly as good as a replacements for lost limbs that give nearly all capability back to the individual, but not so advanced as to transplant a brain; well not that I am aware of. So to simply put it, your world has "living" golems not made of magic. Mr. Marcus what else can you tell me?" Sentinel asks strongly interested in what he has to add.

At that point the Wizard clears his throat to break in (if politely possible), "I do find the premise of non-magically constructed bodies capable of replacing lost limbs or housing the mind to be fascinating, however, the time to explore those issues does not seem to be now. I think perhaps for now though, we should try to focus on the proposed plan that Baldr wished to share ... right?"

A.WIZARD.SIGNATURE.BLOCK
Tyral's Character Sheet
Tyral
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ronith » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:39 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 52
PER: 1d20+9 = 21

Ronith Conditions
- 59/61 ISP remaining

Ronith sheathes Frostfang and regards the rest of the briefing silently. They hate humanoids?!? Not humans, not mortals, but the form specifically? One the even continue to mimic themselves. How bizzare. A race of truly insane cyborgs. We would do well to neutralize this threat. As the image shifts again, Ronith instinctively clenches his fists- he's fought Metzla before and it is not an experience he would care to repeat. Aloud, he murmurs "This abomination must be stopped."

John wrote:"Woah there cowboy. You might be ready to do that but I like living. So before we skip to the dieing in their service part maybe we figure out a way where that isn't necessary?"
To this, Ronith simply replies "Valhalla awaits my death, should the Gods will it. I have no fear of that end, but yes, preventing these horrors from visiting their designs upon the Megaverse is our priority, and I have no intention of expending myself frivolously."

Townsend wrote:"Aye, serve us and you may die. But if Hel manages to unleash the Mechanoids across a thousand worlds including your own, then you will most certainly die along with untold trillions of innocent beings whose only crime is being bipedal. But we do have a plan..." he looks around. "Unless there are any more questions before we proceed?"
Ronith nods. "I concur, and while I can speak for no others here I would hear your plan, milord." After Sentinel's reply, Ronith nods again. "Aye, my fellows from Rifts Earth and I might be best equipped to understand the technical aspects of their advanced weaponry. Any information you may have could prove vital to our success. And our survival." He adds with a nod in John's direction. When the discussion changes to the subject of cyborgs, Ronith remains silent- impatient to get on with it but recognizing that those from more primitive eras may require some getting used to the idea. He will therefore defer to Marcus' expertise and wait for the conversation to conclude- after which he will reluctantly roll up one sleeve to display his own cyber-armor in an effort to speed things along.

"There are varying degrees of cybernetic augmentation- based on these images it would seem that these mechanoids are so-called full conversion. Little remains of their organic bodies- the brain, and a few critical bits and pieces of the central nervous system if memory serves. Depending on their exact design, the life-support system housing such pieces could represent a vulnerability that we can target, but more likely than not any we encounter shall be best defeated by destroying the head or the main torso, such as it is."
Ronith
Group Leader

Postby Sentinel » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:50 pm

(Rolls held)

Tyral wrote:
At that point the Wizard clears his throat to break in (if politely possible), "I do find the premise of non-magically constructed bodies capable of replacing lost limbs or housing the mind to be fascinating, however, the time to explore those issues does not seem to be now. I think perhaps for now though, we should try to focus on the proposed plan that Baldr wished to share ... right?"

"My regards Mr. Oslarelar, I did not intend to interrupt the discussion." Sentinel say's politely returns his attention to Tyral and the Knight as an ectype forms and appears next to them seemingly as if a dragon egg had hatched and grew in an instant to form a man. The ectype wordlessly turns and leans in towards Marcus.

Ectype Two Perception: 1d20+1 = 13 (another +3 for arcane)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 4 / D100 JiC: / 1d100 = 30

Pathology 85% /1d100 = 2
Medical Doctor 105%/95% /1d100 = 84/ 1d100 = 5
Robot Electronics 75% /1d100 = 45
Electrical Engineer 75% /1d100 = 34
Robot Mechanics 70% /1d100 = 5
Mechanical Engineer 70%/1d100 = 84
Mechanical Engineer 70%/1d100 = 68

Whispering in a moderate volume quieter than the surrounding conversations taking place the ectype asks Marcus, "Mr. Marcus, what more can you tell me about these cybermen? If they are much like these mechanoids I would like to know more, my intellectual curiosity notwithstanding. I am versed in modern medicine and robotics though if it is primitive by your understanding I would like to discover so spare me the layman terms and I will ask if I do not understand."

OOC Comments
Yellow Dragon
[ooc]Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu
P.P.E.: 154/154 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 338/338 AR: 16
Ectype 1
Ectype P.P.E.: 154/154 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 338/338 Equipment: Mobile Compact Computer/ HUD interface, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 2
Ectype P.P.E.: 154/154 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 338/338 Equipment: Robot Repair Kit with sophisticated tools, Neckband Radio/ID transponders
Ectype 3
Ectype P.P.E.: 154/154 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 338/338 Weapon: 40mm MM-1 Multiple Grenade Launcher Equipment: Neckband Radio/ID transponders
[/url][/OOC]
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby John » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:29 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 71

John takes the admonition from Thor in stride although it does seem somewhat odd to him. Maybe it's the whole the megaverse is going to end thing but there seems to be a level of assumptions or bets between the gods about how much the lowly mortals will figure out which seems odd to him, even petty. Although these beings are millennia old so maybe that's what you do to keep things interesting. Maybe he'd find out for himself one day.

Similarly the topic of cyborgs seems somewhat a distraction as well. Isn't crazy beings that want to kill all humanoids enough? Who cares what they are specifically? However the Doctor and the Cyber-Knight have the explanation well at hand so he doesn't interject. Besides the details of the technology isn't something he can speak of with any authority. None of the injuries he'd ever sustained lasted more than an hour so he'd never contemplated having any cybernetics installed. He wasn't even sure any could be installed given that any cut he received healed within minutes.

Nodding at Balder after a sip of his wine he says, "I think we'd all love to hear your plan."
John

Postby Townsend » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:52 pm

Baldr nods as the assembled heroes pledge their help. When Sentinel presses him on the subject of the Celestial Court, however, he merely shrugs. "Again, I only know Yama by reputation. But from what I do know he resides in a pocket dimension where he passes judgement on mortal souls. It could be that this dimension is this Court of which you seek."

As for Loki, when Sentinel replies to him he simply smiles and raises his glass in a toast.

As Tyral raises his barrage of questions, Baldr strokes his chin. "The Splugorth are an actual race of monsters, Master Oslarelar. Their total population is as unknown as, say, elves are in your world. What we do know is that Hel has repeated dealings with at least two Splugorth in particular -- Splynncryth, who lords over the ancient home of the Atlantean race on Earth, and Klynncryth, who maintains a significant presence in the city of Center on Phase World. Logic would suggest that this current plot of hers would involve at least one of those two."

"As for the Splugorth attacks on Asgard... the defenses of our realm are powerful and varied. The Splugorth have only committed to limited raids as they know that to attack with greater forces would only trigger full-out war. And they know it would be a war in which they would suffer greatly."

He taps the crystal again, which goes back to flashing images of the Mechanoids. "I know very little on the subject of bionics, but the Mechanoids would be considered 'full conversion' cyborgs as much as anything else. They have been bred for centuries to their current forms, which cannot exist for long when removed from their mechanical bodies. However, they all possess psychic abilities which seems to be a rarity for cybernetic organisms. While their insane hatred is directed primarily towards humanoids they feel themselves to be superior to all other races. This arrogance often causes them to underestimate their opponents. As far as tactics go, while they are certainly not stupid they mainly focus on swarming tactics and relying on superior numbers not only of themselves but also their robotic minions... so if you could isolate a small group you may enjoy an advantage."

"Now as for our plan of action... Our information places this 'new body' of Hel's in a citadel located in her realm of the dead. Fortunately, Hel's arrogance is every bit as great as that of the Mechanoids themselves, so she doesn't consider the possibility of a small team infiltrating her stronghold as much of a threat. So that is exactly what you are going to do -- make your way into her citadel and destroy that body before the process can be completed. But as we have no desire to throw you all to the Fenris Wolf unprepared, we will first send you to a location on Earth that we are using as a 'staging area' so that you may prepare yourselves for the task ahead of you. There is a community of those faithful to Asgard near the former location of Bath in England. It is through their seers that we first came to learn the information about Hel's plans. The fact that it is also relatively close to a city controlled by Splynncryth also makes our secondary mission of leaking those plans much easier." He pauses and grins slightly. "That would be the Earth of Sir Ronith's, Doctor Hawk's, and Mister Smith's origin of course."

There is a knock at the door, followed by the entrance of a rather unassuming-looking man.

Baldr nods at the new arrival. "Ah yes, Mister Birger... and right on time." He turns to the group. "Mister Birger here will accompany you to the Bath enclave and assist you in procuring supplies for your mission. Are there any remaining questions before you all depart?"

What are you doing?
Townsend
Game Master

Next

Return to 2017 Epic