Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Moderator: Augur

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Lahz » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:15 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 11:
9
[+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20:
15

JiC D100: 1d100:
97


Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 96%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Uneasy/Cautious/Angry], Marauder PA Link

Telemechanics [96%]: 1d100:
23


Marauder Main Body: 200/440 MD
• Arms: 50/90 (L) | 50/90 (R)
• Legs: 115/175 (L) | 115/175 (R)
Force Field: 80/160 MD [OFF]

Lahz shakes the cobwebs from his head and takes stock of the situation, **Dammit, Dammit, Dammit!!! That's going to be like a weeks worth of repair work ... just grinding my way out in the frakking Garage!! ... Assuming I live. This bunch of freaks popped out of the middle of nowhere, and it looks like just me and Erg holding the freaking door ... Where the Hell is Tarot?!? ... 2, 4, 8 of those things? and another wave of Cyborgs? ** When railgun fire begins to rain down from above, Lahz radios as he shifts his suits shoulder-turrets to firelink with his right forearm blaster, "Jack?? ... How about something I can use for cover too? ... You to Sshir"

Packaged with a bit of a prayer, Lahz uploads coordinates for 2 more missile strikes, the first on the newly arrived batch of mutant creatures, the next on the Cyborg second-stringers ... then takes to firing defensively at any missiles headed to hit him or Erg.

APM (Merged): 9
Initiative [+2]: 1d20+2 = 15:
13


1 -- Radio & Shift Turrets back to Missile Defense
2 -- Input estimated coordinates for targeted Boat Missile Volley [6 Standard PLASMA LRM (missiles)] on pack of Mutant things to hit them at least 50ft out [ EP Crit ], 24d6*20 = 1640:
5, 3, 3, 5, 1, 2, 6, 4, 2, 5, 3, 2, 4, 4, 2, 3, 6, 4, 3, 2, 3, 2, 6, 2
MD Missile Damage to 40ft Radius
3 -- Input estimated coordinates for targeted Boat Missile Volley [8 Standard PLASMA LRM (missiles)] on center line of advancing Borgs [ EP Crit ], 32d6*20 = 2300:
4, 1, 2, 5, 3, 4, 6, 3, 3, 2, 4, 6, 5, 3, 4, 6, 6, 3, 3, 3, 2, 4, 3, 3, 2, 4, 6, 4, 3, 2, 3, 3
MD Missile Damage to 40ft Radius
4 -- Fire dual Forearm Lasers @ any incoming missiles he sees Strike: 1d20+2 = 22:
20
, Damage: 6d6:
4, 4, 2, 5, 5, 3
*2=46 MD
5 -- Fire dual Forearm Lasers @ any incoming missiles he sees Strike: 1d20+2 = 11:
9
, Damage: 6d6:
4, 6, 2, 3, 4, 1
MD
6 -- Fire dual Forearm Lasers @ any incoming missiles he sees Strike: 1d20+2 = 22:
20
, Damage: 6d6:
6, 6, 4, 3, 5, 3
*2=54 MD
7 -- Fire dual Forearm Lasers @ any incoming missiles he sees Strike: 1d20+2 = 5:
3
, Damage: 6d6:
6, 6, 1, 2, 2, 5
MD
8 -- Fire dual Forearm Lasers @ any incoming missiles he sees Strike: 1d20+2 = 10:
8
, Damage: 6d6:
1, 1, 3, 2, 2, 4
MD
9 -- Fire dual Forearm Lasers @ any incoming missiles he sees Strike: 1d20+2 = 18:
16
, Damage: 6d6:
3, 6, 4, 3, 1, 1
MD

To Dodge or RWP (as applicable):
Dodges [+8]: 1d20+8 = 27:
19
, 1d20+8 = 9:
1
, 1d20+8 = 24:
16
, 1d20+8 = 23:
15
, 1d20+8 = 11:
3

RWP [+4]: 1d20+4 = 23:
19
, 1d20+4 = 9:
5
, 1d20+4 = 16:
12
, 1d20+4 = 23:
19


Missile.Defense.via.Turrets
(auto-firing)
1d20+4 = 18:
14
// 4d6:
6, 3, 4, 5
MD
1d20+4 = 10:
6
// 4d6:
4, 6, 1, 4
MD
1d20+4 = 6:
2
// 4d6:
2, 3, 1, 3
MD
1d20+4 = 6:
2
// 4d6:
5, 1, 1, 6
MD
1d20+4 = 21:
17
// 4d6:
2, 6, 6, 1
MD
1d20+4 = 5:
1
// 4d6:
5, 3, 1, 5
MD
1d20+4 = 7:
3
// 4d6:
5, 1, 5, 6
MD
1d20+4 = 17:
13
// 4d6:
1, 6, 1, 2
MD

Missile.Ordinance Tracking
Ship: 44/64 Plasma LRMs (-14)
CTT-M20 Missile Rifle: 10/20
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vinograd » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:22 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 15:
14

Just in Case: 1d20:
16
/1d100:
59

Conditions: Dragon Metamorphosis: (1/4 size Royal Frilled Dragon; Duration 14:00:00), Armor of Ithan (40 M.D.C.; Duration: 00:03:45), Telepathy (Duration: 00:07:30).

M.D.C.: 432/397
P.P.E.: 140/130
I.S.P.: 100/94

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 11:
9

Number of Attacks: 5

Action One: Cast Invisibility: Simple (6 P.P.E.; Duration: 00:12:00)
Action Two: Cast Sense Magic (4 P.P.E.; Range: 120 feet; Duration: 00:08:00)
Action Three-Four: Wait for Vheld's army to move into the next chamber.
Action Five: Begin flying into the next chamber breathing Paralytic Breath onto the Mutants (Save vs. Non-Lethal Poison 16+).

Parries as needed: 1d20+6 = 19:
13
, 1d20+6 = 21:
15
, 1d20+6 = 22:
16
, 1d20+6 = 7:
1
, 1d20+6 = 25:
19
.

Vheld wrote:Assuming that there are more mutants in there than the current group can deal with quickly, Vheld turns to Carl. "I think the time has come for drastic measures. Everyone keep back but be ready to move quickly."


Vinograd stops when the more experienced Shifter says it's a good idea. Looking to Carl for a brief moment, but then deciding it's still a good idea. Not one to sit idle Vinograd begins to rapidly spit out short phrases and quatrains in dragonese while moving his fore claws in precise motions. the first spell he casts has an immediate effect as the shrunk-down Royal Frilled Dragon Hatchling vanishes from all but technological sight. though his voice continues to be heard as Vinograd casts a second spell. After the two spells Vinograd goes quiet awaiting for Vheld's army to be both created and mobilized, before Vinograd folows after them in the air to breathe paralytic poison breath on the nearest mutants. This is the life. I hope there is some magic treasures to be found.
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Erg » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Rolls/Condition Carried:
Lahz wrote:"Jack?? ... How about something I can use for cover too? ... You to Sshir"


If Erg hears this from Lahz before he starts casting his 2nd 'call lightning' (as posted previously as APM:4,5) .. Erg will forego the 2nd lightning and instead .. still using the force field of his MA-2 TW armor as the tech focus item .. cast a energy field .. on Lahz (follows with him) .. form of a 'wall' on his side facing the approaching enemy .. wall version so Lahz can still fire from around the sides of it (as he wishes) , but can still use it as defensive cover as well.

Foregoing the call lightning means not using 2 actions for that .. APM:4-5 .. and not using that -15PPE.

(Alternative)
APM4: Lahz Energy Field Wall (-10PPE)
APM5: Reserved to renew Erg's Energy Field Bubble/Sphere as needed.

Each Energy Field as level 4 spells will use 1action and -10PPE

Per BoM-p.101 Can be cast on self or others up to 60ft away up to 8ft radius = 16ft diameter bubble/sphere .. I'm guessing a roughly 16ft wide x 16ft tall , as the 'wall' version.

Lahz Defensive Energy Field Wall 60MDC x 3 Nexus = 180 MDC .. 1min per lv x lv6 = 6min x 3nexus = 18minutes
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Carl » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:37 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 18:
11

JIC D20:1d20:
11
; D100: 1d100:
86


Condition: Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); (Sunglasses)Impervious to Energy talisman, 1 use remaining (lv5) Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining), 15 min duration)

Vheld wrote:Assuming that there are more mutants in there than the current group can deal with quickly, Vheld turns to Carl. "I think the time has come for drastic measures. Everyone keep back but be ready to move quickly."

Carl moves to give Vheld the room that he requested.
Vheld wrote:Vheld begins issuing orders. Pointing imperiously to the chamber ahead of them, Vheld says "Half of you go in there- destroy any creatures you see save those of us currently in this room." After the first 90 warriors march off, Vheld turns to the other half "Proceed outside at once- destroy anything living that bears the taint of Morogot, and all of the metal troopers marching to attack the entrance to this place."

With his horde dispatched, Vheld will wait a minute for the combat inside the great chamber to get going. Once it sounds like the mutants are sufficiently engaged, Vheld will say nonchalantly "Shall we?" If they move into the chamber, Vheld will rise into the air as high as he conveniently can and fire lightning bolts at any mutants that get too close to the group.

**Now that is a nice trick.** Carl follows Vheld lead and waits until the sounds of combat comes from the chamber before he begins moving towards it. Answering Vheld, Carl says, "Lets do it."
Echo wrote: "We shall, I can move ahead rather quietly if we need another route." Echo offers, continuing to brush or knock off any goop from his armor.

**I remember when that was my job.** "If an opportunity presents itself, take it."

Carl hesitates outside the entrance to ensure that he can move into the chamber without getting immediately attacked and to get a look at what they will be facing once they enter. If the little guys on his team are winning, Carl stays out of the way and will only attack if he or the group is threatened. He will then search to see if their target is in the chamber or if this chamber leads to another area that their target might be at. If the little guys seem to be losing, Carl will fire dual particle beams at anyone fighting who are not on his team and that he has a clean shot at. If the bad guys are tall than the small warriors, Carl will fire over the little warriors' heads if necessary.

Initiative: 1d20+7 = 18:
11

APM: 8

1 - Observe how things are going in the room and if their adversary is visible.

If necessary:
2 - Fire dual particle beam at creature 1d20+7 = 10:
3
; Damage: 1d6*10 = 40:
4
MD
3 - Fire dual particle beam at creature 1d20+7 = 15:
8
; Damage: 1d6*10 = 10:
1
MD
4 - Fire dual particle beam at creature 1d20+7 = 19:
12
; Damage: 1d6*10 = 60:
6
MD
5 - Fire dual particle beam at creature 1d20+7 = 13:
6
; Damage: 1d6*10 = 40:
4
MD
6 - Fire dual particle beam at creature 1d20+7 = 27:
20
; Damage: 1d6*10 = 40:
4
MD
7 - Fire dual particle beam at creature 1d20+7 = 14:
7
; Damage: 1d6*10 = 50:
5
MD
8 - Fire dual particle beam at creature 1d20+7 = 16:
9
; Damage: 1d6*10 = 20:
2
MD
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Minerva » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:33 pm

Perception: 1d20:
12

JIC: 1d20:
2
/1d100:
58


With her sword in her hand still inactive, Minerva stops in her tracks as the evil mutants are made to disappear from their location in front of the team to an unknown location. Hombre poderoso... "You make them all move? With your mind? You are a magician?"
Vheld wrote:"I think the time has come for drastic measures. Everyone keep back but be ready to move quickly."

When Vheld creates his almost 200 strong force of magical fighters, Minerva stands in shock. Nunca en mi vida he visto algo como esto. Y crecí en torno a los hombres buitres.
Carl wrote:"If an opportunity presents itself, take it."

Picking her metaphorical jaw off of the ground, she follows closely behind the 90 magical warriors sent into the spiral to observe the battle and offer back up if needed.


Contingency Combat Actions
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 20:
18

APM: 5
Action 1: Activate Laser Sword.
Action 2: Slash mutant with Laser Sword. Strike: 1d20+10 = 18:
8
. Damage: 5d6:
1, 2, 1, 2, 1
MD
Action 3: Slash mutant with Laser Sword. Strike: 1d20+10 = 26:
16
. Damage: 5d6:
6, 1, 5, 5, 4
MD
Action 4: Slash mutant with Laser Sword. Strike: 1d20+10 = 11:
1
. Damage: 5d6:
4, 2, 4, 2, 4
MD
Action 5: Reserved for dodge: 1d20+5 = 11:
6


Translations
Hombre poderoso=Powerful man
Nunca en mi vida he visto algo como esto. Y crecí en torno a los hombres buitres=Never in my life have I seen something like this. And I grew up around vulture men
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby SNAFU » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:46 am

TIME & DATE: 19:53,
CLIMATE: Ice & Sand Storm!!!
VISIBILITY: Ice & Sand Storm!!!
TERRAIN: rocky, barren, wasteland, no vegetation
LOCATION : The western Crimean Highlands, 3 miles from the coast.
LEY LINE: Almost on top of a Nexus.


All spells cast as intended (Erg: 1 Lightning, 1 Energy Field) except Bel'dar. All actions and conversation happen as intended.

Inside
A Horde of Munchkin-sized warriors appears around the Spooks inside and upon Vheldd's command storm into the chamber at the center of the spore. There they engage with the throng of mutoids who have congregated there in a shared berserker rage. The Munchkins and Mutoids are fairly evenly matched when comparing individuals, but Vheld's horde has a numerical advantage of 3:1. They also move and attack as a unit while the muties have no such organization. In a few moments the chamber has been cleared. Besides the mound of dead mutants, a strange structure stands in the middle of the chamber.
Image
A moment of investigation reveals that the mutoids were attacking the structure, or attempting to, their claw and tooth marks scar the exterior, but the damage is merely cosmetic.
Those with psionic sensitive powers of any kind (including Rune items) will feel an intense psychic anguish emanating from the structure.



Outside
The Muties-from-nowhere have barely made a move before they are smoked by plasma form the sky. Very little remains once the smoke has cleared. Lahz turns his attention to the incoming borgs, he targets the largest concentration of them and is quite satisfied with the empty crater that results. Those that remain find themselves suddenly submerged in another River of Ice as Sshir retargets them.

Sshir erects a massive wall of ice providing solid cover for everyone.
Erg recharges his defenses. Erg can't use a single item to project two iterations of the same spell. He can however use Lahz' currently unused FF generator, which he (presumably) does. Lahz is wrapped in the comforting blue-light of the protecting Energy Field. He finds (or will find) that he can't use the Force Field until the effects of the spell or removed or destroyed (although it continues to recharges just as normal)

The rest of the attacks are spent on shooting down the incoming missiles, Erg directs his lightning to the grouping of incoming missiles and his strike and knocks down one of them, Lahz and his Turrets shoot down six and Whisper manages to knock down two. The last smashes into Sshir's Ice Wall doing 200 M.D. to the mystic structure.

110 diminutive warriors suddenly march out of the Spore and assemble themselves in a line. Not seeing any enemies, they hold position.

Although much further away, another line of 'Borgs trudges towards them, through sand and ice and snow, slowly but surely, and behind them in another line, and behind that another and so on. The conditions are such that the eta of these 'borgs is probably more that 5 minutes from the current time.

Bel'dar's investigation reveals that the missiles are being fired from nearly 50 miles away on the other side of the island. In order to target it the creature would have to fly a significant distance.

To everyone's surprise and delight, there are no indications of yet another incoming volley.
SNAFU
 

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vheld » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:00 am

Initiative: 1d20:
7

JIC: 1d20:
11
, 1d100:
3

PER: 1d20+5 = 22:
17

APM: 7
Conditions
- Fly as the Eagle (424m30s remaining, +1p, +2d in flight).
- Invincible Armor (74m15s remaining, 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength (opponents now need 17+ to save vs. Vheld's magic).
- Impervious to energy (Vheld/Brokswa; 50m15s remaining).
- Chromatic protection (Vheld/Brokswa; 23m15s remaining, failed save = blind, -10s/p/d, -4I for 1d4*3 melees, half duration for lesser supernatural).
- Charismatic Aura (38m45s remaining; Friendship/Trust invoked, Vheld gets +8 to PB, affects 180ft. radius).
- Tongues (79m30s remaining, understands/speaks all languages at 98%)
- X-ray vision (28m30s remaining, PFRPG P. 203)
- Ice wall (135m00s, 450/450 MDC)
Warrior Horde
- 180 in total (~135 heading outside, 45 into the spore).
- 13m15s remaining.
- MDC 66 each.
- IQ 7, PS 28, PP 21, PE 28, Spd 21; all attributes supernatural.
- Impervious to pain, poison, cold, heat, and fear.
- HF of 12.
- Does 3d6 MD with their axes (unless the nexus modifier applies, which I think it does- in which case damage is 9d6).
- +2 initiative; +3 strike, parry, and dodge


Once his horde has done its work, Vheld confidently floats into the chamber behind. Sparing little more than a glance for all of the dead mutants, Vheld's attention is quickly absorbed by whatever structure the mutoids were trying to destroy. He will pull his attention from it long enough to update the orders for his warrior horde. "Half of you, join your fellows outside. Your orders are the same- destroy the oncoming army of metal men. The elf in armor, Lahz, and my demons may command you in my absence. Those of you that remain here, be prepared to destroy whatever emerges from that... thing if it is hostile." So ordered, half of the remaining warriors depart and the remainder take up positions surrounding the structure.

Vheld is a little tempted to break it open straightaway, but instead he communes with his rune medallion upon sensing what it can divine of the suffering inside. Use your abilities to see what else you can learn. The Kiss of the Ram will use telepathy to scan the surface thoughts of whatever's inside and report its findings to Vheld ((-4 ISP)). Presumably, one (or both) of the Spooks' targets is inside, and likely transformed by Morogot- Vheld will relay anything he finds to the rest of the team before turning to Carl.

"My initial instinct is that if the mutants wanted to open that, we should not, but I don't see that we have any choice, do you?" Assuming Carl agrees, Vheld will add "I shall make some preparations. The warriors can soften him up a bit." Vheld will then cast ice ((-15 PPE)) on one side of the chamber- specifically, wall of ice large enough for each member of the team to hide behind but short enough (and with enough space on the sides) that everyone can lean around it and open fire/establish line of sight/what have you. Vheld and Brokswa will then take cover behind it- once everyone else his done so (or indicated that they don't plan to), Vheld will order the remainder of his horde to break open the structure and attack whoever is inside unless they surrender.

Should the being inside prove hostile, Vheld will use his magic to interfere with its combat abilities it while his summoned constructs keep it busy.

Actions 1-2: Cast barrage ((-15 PPE)) (12 blasts * 6 MDC per blast = 72 MDC + -3 to defend against any other attacks during the barrage; loses two attacks if doesn't try to defend)
Actions 3-4: Cast barrage ((-15 PPE)) (12 blasts * 6 MDC per blast = 72 MDC + -3 to defend against any other attacks during the barrage; loses two attacks if doesn't try to defend)
Actions 5-6: Cast barrage ((-15 PPE)) (12 blasts * 6 MDC per blast = 72 MDC + -3 to defend against any other attacks during the barrage; loses two attacks if doesn't try to defend)
Action 7: Cast carpet of adhesion against whatever's inside to keep it rooted to the floor ((-10 PPE))

Auto-parries (+9): 7d20:
15, 7, 16, 20, 8, 7, 7


Brokswa
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 15:
10

JIC: 1d20:
10
, 1d100:
50

PER: 1d20:
1
Conditions
- Invincible Armor (61m30s remaining, 178/225 MDC remaining, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength.

Armor regeneration- 1d6:
4


Brokswa will remain by Vheld's side, ready to charbroil anything hostile that emerges from the structure in the chamber's center.

Strike rolls (+4): 10d20:
6, 7, 5, 11, 4, 20, 6, 18, 6, 2

Damage: 5d6:
6, 5, 2, 4, 1
, 5d6:
2, 4, 4, 6, 6
, 5d6:
4, 4, 1, 3, 1
, 5d6:
1, 3, 6, 2, 5
, 5d6:
2, 3, 2, 6, 1
, 5d6:
5, 5, 3, 3, 2
, 5d6:
5, 6, 3, 3, 2
, 5d6:
6, 1, 1, 6, 2
, 5d6:
2, 4, 4, 1, 4
, 5d6:
6, 1, 6, 6, 6


Auto-parries (+10): 10d20:
15, 18, 8, 1, 9, 7, 2, 1, 4, 16


Outside (I assume the nexus affects all of these)
Storm Conditions
- Affects 15 mile area for 7.5 hours.
- Torrential downpour of 4 inches of rain per hour, causing flooding.
- Flooded roads immobilize all ground vehicles.
- Poor visibility slows travel by half.
- Winds gust up to 35MPH, hail does 1d6SDC to buildings, trees, etc. once every half-hour.
- People are drenched in two melees.
- At sea storm can lash up waves of 6-8 feet.
- Note: Aside from area of effect and duration, does not account for possible boosts from the nexus.
Sandstorm
-Lasts 12 minutes, affects 60 foot area (targeting the plane)
- Visual distance reduced to 5 feet
- Penalties for unprotected eyes/flesh
- Radar and motion detectors temporarily obliterated
- Hearing reduced by half
- Speed reduced by 75%
Earth Rumble
- Lasts three minutes, affects 90 foot area
- Save vs. HF 14 or higher (not sure if spell strength bonus applies to this, but if it does HF 15 or higher); usual penalties for failed save vs. HF
- If failed save, 60% chance a person will flee, 85% chance an animal will
River of Ice
- Lasts 15 minutes, river is 300 ft. long by 120 ft. wide by 75 ft. deep
- Can dodge the river before it hits at -3, otherwise no saving throw
- 9d6 MDC per melee round due to cold, plus effects of hypothermia
- -25% to swimming skill, swim speed reduced by 75%

Bel'Dar
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 18:
12

JIC: 1d20:
8
, 1d100:
76

PER: 1d20+2 = 16:
14

APM: 6
Conditions
- Invincible Armor (74m15s remaining, 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength.


Once Bel'Dar determines just how far away the site of the missile launches is, it hesitates- debating whether to undertake the dangerous and lengthy trip to pinpoint its location more precisely or simply to leave the mortals to their fate. Fortunately, Slithn glides up at this time and, after reaching the same conclusion, directs Bel'Dar to return to the spore and report what it has learned to Lahz. Slithn will continue on towards the site of the launches to try and get a more precise fix on its location.

Bel'Dar will wheel around and head back towards the others- flying in towards Lahz and screeching "Missiles 50 miles away- other side of island. Slithn attempting to fix position." It will then await orders (flying away from the cyborgs/defensively if Lahz gives no further instructions).

Auto-dodges (+8): 6d20:
3, 14, 5, 19, 20, 7


Slithn
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 5:
2

JIC: 1d20:
3
, 1d100:
78

PER: 1d20:
1

APM: 4
Conditions
- Nexus proximity (can draw 1d6+1 ISP per melee, range/duration doubled, damage increased by two dice)


Land Navigation- 1d100:
25
vs. 98%
To get a fix on the artillery's position.

After catching up to and giving new orders for Bel'Dar, Slithn will take off in the direction of the missile launches as fast as she can. She will try to get a fix on their exact position as quickly as possible, at which point she will turn around and head back towards the others.

Sshir
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 9:
6

JIC: 1d20:
1
, 1d100:
71

PER: 1d20:
4

APM: 5
Conditions
- Invincible Armor (61m30s remaining, 225/225 MDC remaining, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength.


Sshir will focus on maintaining his magical defenses around the Spore entrance, recasting wall of ice ((-20 PPE)), and recasting it again if it is destroyed. He will do nothing else unless ordered to by Lahz.

All minions and Vheld will reactivate their talismans of invincible armor if necessary.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 197/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
2/3 charges on Vheld's and Sil's invincible armor talismans.
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Erg » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:43 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 9:
7
(Additional +3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20:
3
, 1d100:
87


Current
Conditions
  • Sustain : 286h 39m 45s: No need Eat, Drink, Breath , Only ~2h sleep per 24 hour period.
  • ETA to Warlord Sokolov's whole island 'purge' : 3h 44m 45s
  • Updraft TW Shoes : 12m 0s Run on Air Max Spd 50 Max Altitude 1,000 ft ... Currently Hovering ~1 foot off the ground.
  • MA-2 MDC MainBody50 Leg50e Arm45e Head40 : 7m 0s Breath Without Air , Cleanse , Armor of Ithan (Fire, Lightning, Cold do 1/2 Dmg) MDC 50 Remaining
  • Energy Field Sphere Around Self : 18m 0s MDC 180 Remaining
  • Nexus Proximity : 3x spell range, duration, damage , Can Drawl 20 PPE/melee


Erg notices the mini army come out.
They seem to be taking up a defensive position. I don't know if they are from Margot as self defense , or Vheld to help us .. but .. for the moment .. it doesn't seem to matter too much .. they aren't attacking us .. so .. if they continue to not attack us , and do help us defend this position .. even if it is just by coincidence .. it helps us just the same .. Still , if they are form Margot , they might just attack whomever attacks them or it .. so .. as long as there are all those Cyborgs .. best not to attack them.

Erg also notices the seeming end of the missile attacks ..
hmmm .. that probably means one of a few things .. maybe they ran out of missiles or are reloading .. probably not likely to be that one .. maybe they came under attack from some other source , but given what we were told about the rest of the island attack fronts .. it's probably not that either .. or .. they have their own forces closing in on our position .. the missiles were intended to soften us up for those forces .. but .. they don't want to risk friendly fire damage to their own forces .. hmmm .. hate to admit it .. as it is the option I like the least .. but .. it seems like that might be fairly likely.

As Erg notices the numerous lines of cyborgs slowly advancing ...
damn it .. option 3 it is .. this doesn't look good .. hopefully they get the attention of this mini army .. maybe they will soften them up or slow them down .. in the mean time .. I am thinking it might be best for me to switch tactics .. Despite the Nexus I've already spent more than 1/2 of my own reserves .. I need to start conserving energy some .. and beginning to prepare for some more extremely , intensive defensive measures .. joule per joule I can get a better yield out of defensive mystic uses than offensive ones .. and if that mini army does go out against the cyborgs .. my offensive contribution will be very small % comparatively .. no .. I need to prepare and make the best use of what I can.

Erg plans to continue to observe the situation around them .. but tries to accumulate as much mystic energy as he can .. while he still can .. he will continue to renew/recast the defensive energy field barriers for himself and Lahz as needed .. but otherwise tries to conserve his energies , and harvest from the Nexus.

Initiative: 1d20:
10

APM:5

APM 1,2 : reserved to renew/recast as needed defensive energy fields for himself and Lahz.
APM 3 : Observing and scanning the situation:
Sensory Equipment Skill 71% Rolled: 1d100:
87

APM 4 ,5: Defensive maneuvers As needed
Dodge 1d20+2 = 20:
18
or Roll with Impact 1d20+2 = 17:
15

Dodge 1d20+2 = 14:
12
or Roll with Impact 1d20+2 = 22:
20


If needed Erg will sacrifice the Dodge/Roll actions for additional efforts to renew/maintain the Defensive Energy Fields for himself and Lahz .. if not needed .. Erg uses the 20PPE per round from the Nexus to recharging himself a little.
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Minerva » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:25 pm

Perception: 1d20:
12

JIC: 1d20:
6
/1d100:
91

Conditions
ISP: 163/334


Following the Warrior Horde into the chamber, Minerva watches as the mutants are quickly and efficiently slaughtered. Asombroso. Poderosa magia. Tales pequeños guerreros. Once the battle is over, she takes note of the anguish radiating from the structure in the center of the chamber. Me pregunto qué podría ser? Si tiene dolor, debe haber algo o alguien dentro. Tal vez esta es la forma en que habría terminado si se dejó a la putrefacción en ese alma chupando goo. Minerva opens her mind enabling her to See Auras (-6 ISP, 30 seconds). In this particular instance, once ready, she looks at the structure in front of her to learn about itself or its inhabitant. After she looks at the structure and learns what she can, she turns her gaze upon her recent saviors, to learn what she can about them. If need be, she'll spend another 6 ISP to renew her ability to See Auras, but she makes sure to have a full look at Vheld, Carl, Echo and Vinograd. ¿Con qué clase de hombres me estoy rodeando? Once she's seen the auras of her new friends, she will make certain not to give away that she was having a peek at them. If there is anything interesting gained from her look at the structure, she will share that information quickly. If the Aura read indicates any sort of mind, Minerva will lower her Auto Mind Block and activate her Telepathy (-4 ISP, 6 minutes) to glean some surface thoughts from the structure. In the chance that her opening up telepathically allows something bad into her mind, she will cease Telepathic communication and allow her Mind Block to slide back into place.

"What do we think it is?"



Translations
Asombroso. Una magia tan poderosa. Tales pequeños guerreros.=Amazing. Such powerful magic. Such tiny warriors.
Me pregunto qué podría ser? Si tiene dolor, debe haber algo o alguien dentro. Tal vez esta es la forma en que habría terminado si se dejó a la putrefacción en ese alma chupando goo.=I wonder what it could be? If it's in pain, there must be something or someone inside. Maybe this is how I would have ended up if left to rot in that soul sucking goo.
¿Con qué clase de hombres me estoy rodeando?=What kind of men am I surrounding myself with?
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Echo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:17 pm

Perception: 1d20:
14
+ 3 = 17
JiC: 1d100:
86
// 1d100:
13

Skill Checks
Note: Many skills repeat constantly as the environment Echo is in changes; apply skills on as relevant
Intelligence: 1d100:
27
/62% (Augment Critical Thinking)
Surveillance: 1d100:
67
/68% (Watch everything around him with his HUD)
Prowl: 1d100:
54
/58% (Hide in Plain sight, find suitable positions to use for cover)
Concealment: 1d100:
40
/45% (Find good cover/hiding spots)
Detect Concealment: 1d100:
17
/53% (Determine if there are any enemies hiding)
Detect Ambush: 1d100:
24
/63% (Find any stalkers)


Echo's eyes scan the immediate area, the object and look for any particular alcove that may allow access and/or any monster still in hiding. When he sees the signs of attack on the structure, he shifts. Not taking any chances here. The assassin thinks to himself and takes a quick moment to ensure his own safety parameters are up; that being his shield, his psionic dampener and that his armor has acclimated to the walls and colors of this place to provide him better coverage.
Suit Acclimation
(1d4*15 = 15:
1
seconds to acclimate to the environment.)


He will maneuver on the outside of the chamber, watching where he steps and staying out of the way of Vheld's horde. When Vheld suggests opening it or forcing their way inside the structure, Echo will settle into a perch and level his rifle at the object to ensure he can have a clear line of fire to anything that comes out or whatnot. Sometimes, I wish my parents would've left me with some mental genes but then I remember who I am and that all I need is this. Echo thinks to himself as he reveals in the unknown. No one thinks you are a threat when you are mundane..

After finding a suitable spot, Echo keys their internal frequency. "I'm setting up an interior over-watch; might not do much considering but better to be prepared; I will aid as needed. Also; what are we doing with the survivor?" Echo questions regarding the new and relatively unproven tag-along.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vinograd » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:09 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 9:
8

Just in Case: 1d20:
9
/1d100:
45

Conditions: Dragon Metamorphosis: (1/4 size Royal Frilled Dragon; Duration 13:59:45), Armor of Ithan (40 M.D.C.; Duration: 00:03:30), Telepathy (Duration: 00:07:15), Invisibility: Simple (Duration: 00:11:45), Sense Magic (Range 120', Duration: 00:07:45).

M.D.C.: 432/397
P.P.E.: 140/120
I.S.P.: 100/94

Vinograd lands near the structure and absently picks up one of the dead mutoids, intending to eat it. Vino remembers he was told not to, so he tosses it aside. Looking at the structure, Vino can feel the anguish inside, and it makes him uneasy. [Dragonese/Elven]"I can feel indescribable anguish inside this thing... I am uncertain as to how to react." Vino says to n one in particular, but to everyone at the same time. Vino lightly pokes at the structure with a talon, checking rigidity and texture. [Dragonese/Elven]"Any idea what it is?"
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Carl » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:27 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 27:
20

JIC D20:1d20:
10
; D100: 1d100:
2

Conditions
Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); (Sunglasses)Impervious to Energy talisman, 1 use remaining (lv5) Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining), 15 min duration)

SNAFU wrote:A moment of investigation reveals that the mutoids were attacking the structure, or attempting to, their claw and tooth marks scar the exterior, but the damage is merely cosmetic.
Those with psionic sensitive powers of any kind (including Rune items) will feel an intense psychic anguish emanating from the structure.
Though his swords, Carl get a sense of psychic anguish radiating from the structure.
Minerva wrote:If need be, she'll spend another 6 ISP to renew her ability to See Auras, but she makes sure to have a full look at Vheld, Carl, Echo and Vinograd. (Carl is impervious to 'see aura'.)
"What do we think it is?"
Vinograd wrote:[Dragonese/Elven]"I can feel indescribable anguish inside this thing... I am uncertain as to how to react." Vino says to n one in particular, but to everyone at the same time. Vino lightly pokes at the structure with a talon, checking rigidity and texture. [Dragonese/Elven]"Any idea what it is?"
Carl replies first in Dragonese and then in American. "No idea what it is, but from the displeasure radiating from it, I am assuming that it is some type of prison and I am also assuming that it is probably holding one of our targets. I guess we are about to find out because the only way to ensure that it is him is to open it."
Vheld wrote: Vheld will relay anything he finds to the rest of the team before turning to Carl. "My initial instinct is that if the mutants wanted to open that, we should not, but I don't see that we have any choice, do you?" Assuming Carl agrees, Vheld will add "I shall make some preparations. The warriors can soften him up a bit." Vheld will then cast ice ((-15 PPE)) on one side of the chamber- specifically, wall of ice large enough for each member of the team to hide behind but short enough (and with enough space on the sides) that everyone can lean around it and open fire/establish line of sight/what have you. Vheld and Brokswa will then take cover behind it- once everyone else his done so (or indicated that they don't plan to), Vheld will order the remainder of his horde to break open the structure and attack whoever is inside unless they surrender.
*Yeah, not much of a choice.* He nods his head in agreement with Vheld. As Vheld create the ice barrier, Carl says to the others, "Take cover and be ready to attack whatever emerges from that thing, but lets verify that it is hostile or one of our targets before we vaporize it. Also, unless you have some type of breathing device, take a deep breath and hold it when that thing is opened, it will probably be unnecessary, but I do not want any of you getting sick because of the initial smell that might emit from that thing when it is opened." Carl follows his own command and gets behind the ice wall.
Echo wrote:"I'm setting up an interior over-watch; might not do much considering but better to be prepared; I will aid as needed. Also; what are we doing with the survivor?"[/b] Echo questions regarding the new and relatively unproven tag-along.

Carl thinks for a moment,"That is up to her, if she actually makes it out of here alive. She can come with us out of this place or she can go her own way." *We should charge her for the rescue, but being around that darn cyberknight for so long must have affected my mercenary greed. We will find some other way to benefit for our selfless act. She has the temperament to be a spook, but does she have the skills?*
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Whisper » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:53 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 6:
4

Just in Case d20: 1d20:
8
;JIC d100: 1d100:
70


Coming out of her daze, although still tipsy, Whisper asks, "So what now?"
She's a bit unsure about what to do next; there's no way that the small group of us can hold off an army of 'borgs.
Luckily, her suit seems to continue to function in spite of the damage, and Lily's always been something of a survivor.

Initiative 1d20+5 = 16:
11

# of Actions: 8

*combat actions if needed
Action 1: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 14:
10
, damage 2d4*10 = 80:
4, 4

Action 2: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 9:
5
, damage 2d4*10 = 40:
3, 1

Action 3: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 18:
14
, damage 2d4*10 = 30:
1, 2

Action 4: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 23:
19
, damage 2d4*10 = 60:
2, 4

Action 5: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 22:
18
, damage 2d4*10 = 70:
3, 4

Action 6: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 5:
1
, damage 2d4*10 = 70:
4, 3

Action 7: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 8:
4
, damage 2d4*10 = 60:
3, 3

Action 8: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 20:
16
, damage 2d4*10 = 50:
2, 3


auto dodge rolls: 1d20+4 = 17:
13
, 1d20+4 = 16:
12
, 1d20+4 = 6:
2
, 1d20+4 = 20:
16
, 1d20+4 = 12:
8
, 1d20+4 = 16:
12
, 1d20+4 = 5:
1
, 1d20+4 = 11:
7
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby SNAFU » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:29 am

Inside

The Kiss of the Ram (Ramkist, master, if you will) reports,

The being Chaz'Azmych is in there. He would have those out here know. His pain, his anger. He would have us know. Master, I fear we would need to invest in great feats of restoration, in order for me to then torture him... there is very little left to do here, torment-wise. His meat is gone, his mind is beyond reason and all that remains. Do not underestimate him! His power rivaled your own, master! Yes, take cover.


Echo takes position on top of Vheld's ice wall while the rest take cover behind it or soon follow.


The Hordlings chop through the Chaz-construct slowly but surely like axe to hardened oak. Eventually they have cut through the shell, and are now cutting through Chaz-Azmych although the material has not changed. Deep in the center of the head-shaped shell the cerebral cortex of Chaz-A, his last bit of self is freed from the last rot of Morogot, and as such is able to release the full extent of his pent-up fury.

A great sucking Rift, 40' in height, opens with a craking boom, followed immediately by howling pull as everything not behind the Mighty Ice Wall is sucked into the rift. The fourth of Horde and loose bits of Morogot go immediately.

The Spooks remain safe behind Ice but the Spore collapses around and above them, as it is pulled into the void that appears to await through the gap. A great sheet of Sporgoo looms above the Spooks enclosing them in a huddled mass next to the wall. On the other side Chas-Azmych has become a ball of light, crowned by the howling Rift. He sprays bolts of ley-line energy at the stout wall of frozen aqua, it will take some time but he will cut through it. Oh he will cut through it.

But then they might get crushed/smothered by Sporgoo before that... either seem to be imminent in between 15-20 seconds away.

Outside

Erg notices a crow in the distance, coming from the open, and calm, sea. How odd it... it seems to be attempting to push its way through the storm. It displays unnatural determination in its endeavor. Also, can he hear a voice in the wind? Maybe...

"You Idiots! Turn off your fucking storm!

Whisper and then Lahz notice the Spore begin to collapse on itself.

An adhoc missile battery, a large warcamp, and the gutted remains of Voidveil's fortress are located on the point of the third and final nexus.

All else as happened as intended.

Whatchado?
SNAFU
 

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Minerva » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Perception: 1d20:
7

JIC: 1d20:
5
/1d100:
97

Conditions
ISP: 163/334


From behind the wall of Ice, Minerva watches as everything not behind it goes flying toward the structure's location. "Tal vez deberíamos haber dejado las cosas como están. Don't strike it. I'm going to shut it down." Assuming she can sense a mind at play and it is within 300 feet, she will reach out with her impressive mental abilities and send said mind near the sucking rift on a trip to Chillsville. Once that's done, she'll create a Telekinetic Force Field around as many members of the Spooks as she can to prevent the goo from crashing directly on to them. If successful and if she can, she'll peek around the corner from within her field and get a glimpse of what is making such a big mess out of things.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 21:
19

APM: 5

Action 1: Warn others.
Actions 2-3: Mind-Wave @ Chaz. EP Crit Success (-30 I.S.P.) Duration: 2d4+3 = 8:
4, 1
melee rounds.
Action 4: Telekinetic Force Field. Duration: 20 minutes. Size: 30 foot diameter. M.D.C.: 75 (-30 I.S.P.)
Action 5: Observe the scene.



Translations
"Tal vez deberíamos haber dejado las cosas como están."="Maybe we should have left things as they are."
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Erg » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 22:
20
(Additional +3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20:
9
, 1d100:
45


Currently
  • Sustain : 286h 39m 30s: No need Eat, Drink, Breath , Only ~2h sleep per 24 hour period.
  • ETA to Warlord Sokolov's whole island 'purge' : 3h 44m 30s
  • Updraft TW Shoes : 11m 45s Run on Air Max Spd 50 Max Altitude 1,000 ft ... Currently Hovering ~1 foot off the ground.
  • MA-2 MDC MainBody50 Leg50e Arm45e Head40 : 6m 45s Breath Without Air , Cleanse , Armor of Ithan (Fire, Lightning, Cold do 1/2 Dmg) MDC 50 Remaining
  • Energy Field Sphere Around Self : 17m 45s MDC 180 Remaining
  • Nexus Proximity : 3x spell range, duration, damage , Can Drawl 20 PPE/melee


Erg continues to try and charge up from the ley line .. anticipating it will be needed very shortly for defenses from the cyborg army.

Flying into a storm like this .. No way that's just a normal crow .. we know we are facing powerful magic wielding enemies .. we wouldn't want to let our defenses just because some crow asked us .. boy would we feel foolish all they had to do was ask us to lower our defenses and , than without the storm's interference , they easily target lock on to us and we're all dead .. but .. I guess it's best to let Lahz know , just the same anyway.

Initiative: 1d20:
7

APM:5

APM 1: Point out the un-natural crow to Lahz

APM 2,3 : reserved to renew/recast as needed defensive energy fields for himself and Lahz.

APM 4 : Observing and scanning the situation:
Sensory Equipment Skill 71% Rolled: 1d100:
86


APM 5: Defensive maneuvers As needed
Dodge 1d20+2 = 3:
1
or Roll with Impact 1d20+2 = 13:
11
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vinograd » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:47 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 13:
12

Just in Case: 1d20:
18
/1d100:
27

Conditions: Dragon Metamorphosis: (1/4 size Royal Frilled Dragon; Duration 13:59:30), Armor of Ithan (40 M.D.C.; Duration: 00:03:15), Telepathy (Duration: 00:07:00), Invisibility: Simple (Duration: 00:11:30), Sense Magic (Range 120', Duration: 00:07:30), Bio-Regeneration: 1d10:
3
.


M.D.C.: 432/397
P.P.E.: 140/120
I.S.P.: 100/94



Vinograd is frightened, which is a new feeling for the dragon. The situation has gone from just weird to outright insane. Vinograd looks frantically around for an exit that will help his new-found friends. Spitting out a quick refrain Vinograd tries to break the laws of physics and hold up the spoorgoo that is threatening to crush them. (Mystic Fulcrum 5 P.P.E.; Duration: 00:20:00) [Dragonese/Elven]"We should try to escape, this roof is heavy." Vinograd says as he struggles against it's weight. Crushed under a mushroom... sad fate for a dragon.
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vheld » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:37 pm

Initiative: 1d20:
11

JIC: 1d20:
11
, 1d100:
39

PER: 1d20+5 = 15:
10

APM: 7
Conditions
- Fly as the Eagle (424m15s remaining, +1p, +2d in flight).
- Invincible Armor (74m00s remaining, 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength (opponents now need 17+ to save vs. Vheld's magic).
- Impervious to energy (Vheld/Brokswa; 50m00s remaining).
- Chromatic protection (Vheld/Brokswa; 23m00s remaining, failed save = blind, -10s/p/d, -4I for 1d4*3 melees, half duration for lesser supernatural).
- Charismatic Aura (38m30s remaining; Friendship/Trust invoked, Vheld gets +8 to PB, affects 180ft. radius).
- Tongues (79m15s remaining, understands/speaks all languages at 98%)
- X-ray vision (28m15s remaining, PFRPG P. 203)
- Ice wall (134m45s, 450/450 MDC)
Warrior Horde
- 180 in total (~135 heading outside, 45 into the spore and presumed dead).
- 13m00s remaining.
- MDC 66 each.
- IQ 7, PS 28, PP 21, PE 28, Spd 21; all attributes supernatural.
- Impervious to pain, poison, cold, heat, and fear.
- HF of 12.
- Does 3d6 MD with their axes (unless the nexus modifier applies, which I think it does- in which case damage is 9d6).
- +2 initiative; +3 strike, parry, and dodge


Dimension sense- 1d100:
58
vs. 85%
To try and alter the rift's trajectory.

After his rune item's pronouncements regarding the state of Chaz-Azmych's mind (and body), Vheld sidles over to the construct and pockets an innocuous piece of... whatever it is that could also plausibly serve as proof of the being's death. It may not be enough to satisfy Hades, but it's better than nothing. The shifter then retreats to the dubious safety of the ice wall.

When their quarry is released, and all hell breaks loose, Vheld spares no time for the dozens of his magical constructs now (presumably) lost. Instead, he gives orders while frantically thinking about what he can do to salvage the situation.

To Kiss of the Ram, he thinks Tell me everything you can about that Rift. At a minimum, the thing will use it's Read Dimensional Portal ability ((-6 ISP)). The shifter will also reach out with his dimension sense to try and reroute the portal as it's forming to try and alter its destination- ideally some innocuous, habitable but uninhabited planet in the Three Galaxies (or other destination with which Vheld is familiar). Assuming that doesn't work, it's time for plan B.

Trusting that Brokswa's self-preservation instincts will suffice for what he wants his minion to do, Vheld spares a few seconds to add an energy field bolstering Minerva's. Running through his repertoire, Vheld decides that a curse would be an appropriate way to further slow down their opponent, before turning to Carl and saying "I'll be back", casting a final incantation, and winking out of existence.

Action 1: Dialogue.
Action 2: Dimension sense/screw with portal as it opens.
Action 3: Energy field ((-10 PPE)).
Actions 4-5: Cast luck curse on Chaz-Azmych ((-40 PPE)).
Actions 6-7: Cast D-step ((-50 PPE)).

Should he have time for whatever reason (and should his/Kiss' reading of the dimensional portal suggest nothing that can harm him between dimensions), Vheld will step around the ice wall and take a closer look at whatever has been done to Chaz-Azmych.

Auto-parries (+9): 7d20:
8, 10, 18, 7, 7, 15, 12


Brokswa
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 16:
11

JIC: 1d20:
3
, 1d100:
79

PER: 1d20:
8

APM: 5
Conditions
- Invincible Armor (61m15s remaining, 179/225 MDC remaining, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength.

Armor regeneration- 1d6:
1


Brokswa will swoop to the floor, hunker down with the rest of the team, and summon the biggest, thickest wall of plasma that he can between the oncoming flood of spore-goo and the force fields forming themselves about the others.

Auto-parries (+10): 5d20:
4, 1, 4, 14, 4


Outside (I assume the nexus affects all of these)
Storm Conditions
- Affects 15 mile area for 7.5 hours.
- Torrential downpour of 4 inches of rain per hour, causing flooding.
- Flooded roads immobilize all ground vehicles.
- Poor visibility slows travel by half.
- Winds gust up to 35MPH, hail does 1d6SDC to buildings, trees, etc. once every half-hour.
- People are drenched in two melees.
- At sea storm can lash up waves of 6-8 feet.
- Note: Aside from area of effect and duration, does not account for possible boosts from the nexus.
Sandstorm
-Lasts 12 minutes, affects 60 foot area (targeting the plane)
- Visual distance reduced to 5 feet
- Penalties for unprotected eyes/flesh
- Radar and motion detectors temporarily obliterated
- Hearing reduced by half
- Speed reduced by 75%
Earth Rumble
- Lasts three minutes, affects 90 foot area
- Save vs. HF 14 or higher (not sure if spell strength bonus applies to this, but if it does HF 15 or higher); usual penalties for failed save vs. HF
- If failed save, 60% chance a person will flee, 85% chance an animal will
River of Ice
- Lasts 15 minutes, river is 300 ft. long by 120 ft. wide by 75 ft. deep
- Can dodge the river before it hits at -3, otherwise no saving throw
- 9d6 MDC per melee round due to cold, plus effects of hypothermia
- -25% to swimming skill, swim speed reduced by 75%

Bel'Dar
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 19:
13

JIC: 1d20:
15
, 1d100:
77

PER: 1d20+2 = 19:
17

APM: 6
Conditions
- Invincible Armor (74m00s remaining, 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength.


Bel'Dar, having delivered its message to Lahz and the other defenders, will retreat from the battle and, spying the deflating spore, begin circling (from a distance) to try and locate Vheld.

Auto-dodges (+8): 6d20:
19, 11, 13, 19, 4, 13


Slithn
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 19:
16

JIC: 1d20:
11
, 1d100:
36

PER: 1d20:
20

APM: 4
Conditions
- Nexus proximity (can draw 1d6+1 ISP per melee, range/duration doubled, damage increased by two dice)


Slithn continues to try and pinpoint the artillery's position.

Sshir
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 16:
13

JIC: 1d20:
18
, 1d100:
28

PER: 1d20:
16

APM: 5
Conditions
- Invincible Armor (61m15s remaining, 225/225 MDC remaining, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength.


Upon Erg mentioning the Crow's desire, Sshir dispels the storms it has created (leaving the ground defenses in place), and growls at Bel'Dar to do the same.

All minions and Vheld will reactivate their talismans of invincible armor if necessary.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 197/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
2/3 charges on Vheld's and Sil's invincible armor talismans.
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Carl » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:13 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 25:
18

JIC D20:1d20:
15
; D100: 1d100:
73


Condition: Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); (Sunglasses)Impervious to Energy talisman, 0 use remaining (lv5) Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining), 15 min duration)
SNAFU wrote:The Hordlings chop through the Chaz-construct slowly but surely like axe to hardened oak. Eventually they have cut through the shell, and are now cutting through Chaz-Azmych although the material has not changed. Deep in the center of the head-shaped shell the cerebral cortex of Chaz-A, his last bit of self is freed from the last rot of Morogot, and as such is able to release the full extent of his pent-up fury.

A great sucking Rift, 40' in height, opens with a craking boom, followed immediately by howling pull as everything not behind the Mighty Ice Wall is sucked into the rift. The fourth of Horde and loose bits of Morogot go immediately.

The Spooks remain safe behind Ice but the Spore collapses around and above them, as it is pulled into the void that appears to await through the gap. A great sheet of Sporgoo looms above the Spooks enclosing them in a huddled mass next to the wall. On the other side Chas-Azmych has become a ball of light, crowned by the howling Rift. He sprays bolts of ley-line energy at the stout wall of frozen aqua, it will take some time but he will cut through it. Oh he will cut through it.

But then they might get crushed/smothered by Sporgoo before that... either seem to be imminent in between 15-20 seconds away.

*I did not know what to expect, but I could not even imagine something like this. I hate when I am out-of-my-depth. I guess the target is basically dead, so the mission is completed, now if we can only make it out of here alive to get paid.* Carl activates the last charge on his Impervious to Energy talisman as he remains behind cover and visually searches for a way out.
Vheld wrote:Trusting that Brokswa's self-preservation instincts will suffice for what he wants his minion to do, Vheld spares a few seconds to add an energy field bolstering Minerva's. Running through his repertoire, Vheld decides that a curse would be an appropriate way to further slow down their opponent, before turning to Carl and saying "I'll be back", casting a final incantation, and winking out of existence

Carl nods. *I wish I could do that.* To the others he says, "This barrier is not going to last long, so while we wait for Vheld to his thing. Anyone have any means of enhancing the current barrier or creating another one? If Vheld cannot stop the collapsing of this structure, we will also need to be ready to move quickly, because we will probably only have seconds to get out of here. Most likely that will be through one of Vheld's rifts, but if you have any ideas or abilities to get us out of here just in case we need it, I would like to here it." The last part is more directed at Minerva and Vinograd since he does not know there abilities.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Whisper » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:40 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 17:
15

Just in Case d20: 1d20:
8
;JIC d100: 1d100:
10


"Hey, is the spore collapsin' a bad thing?", Whisper asks softly, wondering what the fallout will be.

"Do we need to move back?", she asks a bit nervously.

Any bad sh!t comin' through there, I'm gonna plug., she thinks, keeping her particle beam rifle ready.

Whisper scans the area for enemies in range ((Sensory Equipment1d100:
74
/60%
)) then tries to jam enemy radar and radios ((Electronic Countermeasures 1d100:
5
/60%
)).

Initiative 1d20+5 = 8:
3

# of Actions: 8

Action 1: sweep the area with her sensors
Action 2: attempt to jam enemy radar/radio with ECM
Action 3: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 7:
3
, damage 2d4*10 = 50:
2, 3

Action 4: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 16:
12
, damage 2d4*10 = 50:
4, 1

Action 5: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 9:
5
, damage 2d4*10 = 50:
4, 1

Action 6: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 7:
3
, damage 2d4*10 = 30:
1, 2

Action 7: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 20:
16
, damage 2d4*10 = 60:
2, 4

Action 8: shoot the nearest baddie: strike 1d20+4 = 5:
1
, damage 2d4*10 = 40:
1, 3


auto dodge rolls: 1d20+4 = 12:
8
, 1d20+4 = 17:
13
, 1d20+4 = 9:
5
, 1d20+4 = 14:
10
, 1d20+4 = 14:
10
, 1d20+4 = 9:
5
, 1d20+4 = 8:
4
, 1d20+4 = 13:
9
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Echo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:03 pm

Perception: 1d20:
12
+3 = 15
JiC: 1d100:
87
// 1d20:
7

Skill Checks
Intelligence: 1d100:
34
/62% (Augment Critical Thinking)
Sensory Equipment: 1d100:
47
/68% (Any systems that may help him find weaknesses)
Surveillance: 1d100:
38
/68% (Overwatch)
Prowl: 1d100:
25
/58% (Avoid being a target to the large pulses)
Detect Concealment: 1d100:
3
/53% (Look for openings, hidden objectives of importance)
Climbing: 1d100:
59
/68% (Look for paths of escape should Vheld be unable to transport them)


When the horde breaks through the Ice and the cracking boom shakes the room Echo drops behind the sheet of ice. That was a big boom, gotta get out now. Echo thinks to himself as he slides under whatever protective shields his teammates can cast over them and double checking the status of his heavy force field. He then assists Carl in looking for a way out of the collapsing sprawl. When Vheld winks out and Carl addresses them within whatever barrier is surviving them, the sniper simply glances at Minerva and the Human-Dragon. So far, I can deduce this one is one of those legendary creatures; selfish inclination but limitless potential... he thinks regarding Vinograd then his eyes glance to Minerva. She is a wild-card but seems psionic... not that I have any means to help in this case regardless.

The sniper has nothing to add to anything said nor abilities to mention so he remains quiet as he looks for a way out beneath his variable armor. He will look for structural weaknesses and paths of escape or anything that might prove useful until Vheld's return and/or an escape is discovered. He will move with the Spooks regardless.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby SNAFU » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:53 pm

TIME & DATE: 20:53,
CLIMATE: Ice & Sand Storm!!!
VISIBILITY: Ice & Sand Storm!!!
TERRAIN: rocky, barren, wasteland, no vegetation
LOCATION : The western Crimean Highlands, 3 miles from the coast.
LEY LINE: Almost on top of a Nexus


Actions and Conversations happen as intended except those described below.

Outside

The crow arrives with much cursing and upon landing transforms back into the proper form of Umay Kubai (the hag).

"You're going to war is it? Is this what you thought we wanted? You've really buggered it up now. Hades will have you if the Russians don't. That's a nation of cyborgs you understand!? And they have the last of these fools!?! You didn't make it easy on yourselves."

Inside

Minerva unleashes a torrent of psionic psychedelia on Chaz al Trippy and suddenly the vibe in the room has done a 180 degree hairpin turn. It takes a moment to process, but the bellowing rage-filled vitriol has been replaced by hysterical giggling. The energy bolts seize and the energy form of Chaz Azmych takes on the visage a laughing child.

Brokswa's Plasma Wall, and the Rift, destroys most of the Spore-stuff above them, leaving them, the ice-wall and Chaz and his Rift in the middle of a round crater in the midst of a great field of spore-goo. They can see Whipser's hovering PA in the distance.

Vheld is told the Rift is opened to the Alpha Void (a well-known vacuum/void dimension, Vheld will have learned of long ago.) With Chaz lost in his own head space, Vheld has no trouble directing the Rift to a nice meadow he went to once. This then causes the howling vacuum to stop, and now only the giggles of Chaz Azmych can be heard.

Once they approach the construct containing Chaz, they realise that there is a significant portion of the back of Chaz's head that still remains biologically his. Once you peel it from its rest, the hologram like form of young baby Chaz, blips out of existence.

You leave the crater by your perferred means and arrive in time to see Umay Kubai finish her opening salvo of admonishment.

Whatchado?
SNAFU
 

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vheld » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:15 am

JIC: 1d20:
10
, 1d100:
11

PER: 1d20+5 = 7:
2

Vheld Conditions
- Fly as the Eagle (424m00s remaining, +1p, +2d in flight).
- Invincible Armor (73m45s remaining, 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength (opponents now need 17+ to save vs. Vheld's magic).
- Impervious to energy (Vheld/Brokswa; 49m45s remaining).
- Chromatic protection (Vheld/Brokswa; 22m45s remaining, failed save = blind, -10s/p/d, -4I for 1d4*3 melees, half duration for lesser supernatural).
- Charismatic Aura (38m15s remaining; Friendship/Trust invoked, Vheld gets +8 to PB, affects 180ft. radius).
- Tongues (79m00s remaining, understands/speaks all languages at 98%)
- X-ray vision (28m00s remaining, PFRPG P. 203)
- Ice wall (134m30s, 450/450 MDC)
Warrior Horde
- 180 in total (~135 heading outside, 45 into the spore and presumed dead).
- 12m45s remaining.
- MDC 66 each.
- IQ 7, PS 28, PP 21, PE 28, Spd 21; all attributes supernatural.
- Impervious to pain, poison, cold, heat, and fear.
- HF of 12.
- Does 3d6 MD with their axes (unless the nexus modifier applies, which I think it does- in which case damage is 9d6).
- +2 initiative; +3 strike, parry, and dodge
Brokswa Conditions
- Invincible Armor (61m00s remaining, 183/225 MDC remaining, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength.
- Armor regeneration- 1d6:
4
BelDar Conditions
- Invincible Armor (73m45s remaining, 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength.
Sshir Conditions
- Invincible Armor (61m00s remaining, 225/225 MDC remaining, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength.

River of Ice
- Lasts 15 minutes, river is 300 ft. long by 120 ft. wide by 75 ft. deep
- Can dodge the river before it hits at -3, otherwise no saving throw
- 9d6 MDC per melee round due to cold, plus effects of hypothermia
- -25% to swimming skill, swim speed reduced by 75%


Vheld gingerly peels Chaz's remains up off of... whatever, and stows it in an empty knapsack- even as his minions witness the explosive collapse of the spore and converge on his location. Vheld rises back into the air to meet Bel'Dar and resume his customary place above his steed, bringing the Infernal Sprite down to rendezvous with the others.

To Carl, Vheld says "What now? I can try to talk my way past them, but who knows it it will work. With Morogot's influence banished, we may be able to summon voidveil out of their custody. Or we can try a frontal assault." Vheld adds a twisted smile. Noting that the remnants of his horde are still in play, he calls out to them "Return to us and await orders." He will then do the same. When Carl tells him to attempt another summoning, Vheld will do just that (calling upon the nexus as much as he can while still casting the spell quickly).
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 197/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
2/3 charges on Vheld's and Sil's invincible armor talismans.
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vinograd » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:59 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 3:
2

Just in Case: 1d20:
5
/1d100:
90

Conditions: Dragon Metamorphosis: (1/4 size Royal Frilled Dragon; Duration 13:59:15), Armor of Ithan (40 M.D.C.; Duration: 00:03:00), Telepathy (Duration: 00:06:45), Invisibility: Simple (Duration: 00:11:15), Sense Magic (Range 120', Duration: 00:07:15), Mystic Fulcrum (Duration: 00:19:45) Bio-Regeneration: 1d10:
6
.


M.D.C.: 432/406
P.P.E.: 140/115
I.S.P.: 100/94
AoI.: 40/40



Vinograd shrugs his shoulders when everything suddenly gets better so to speak. Vinograd crawls over the wall and approaches the center of the crater with Vheld, Vinograd is curious to see what remains of the monster who wrought all the destruction around them. [Dragonese/Elven]"That was different." Vinograd says, his voice full of confusion/wonder. [Dragonese/Elven]"So that leves one left for your contract right?" Vinograd asks to confirm what the next step is likely to be. Vinograd quietly continues to study the area, trying to make heads or tails of what just happened. Once Vheld leaves, Vinograd follows him to join with the group, holding position near Carl.
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Erg » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:19 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 18:
16
(Additional +3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20:
17
, 1d100:
6


Currently
  • Sustain : 286h 39m 15s: No need Eat, Drink, Breath , Only ~2h sleep per 24 hour period.
  • ETA to Warlord Sokolov's whole island 'purge' : 3h 44m 15s
  • Updraft TW Shoes : 11m 30s Run on Air Max Spd 50 Max Altitude 1,000 ft ... Currently Hovering ~1 foot off the ground.
  • MA-2 MDC MainBody50 Leg50e Arm45e Head40 : 6m 30s Breath Without Air , Cleanse , Armor of Ithan (Fire, Lightning, Cold do 1/2 Dmg) MDC 50 Remaining
  • Energy Field Sphere Around Self : 17m 30s MDC 180 Remaining
  • Nexus Proximity : 3x spell range, duration, damage , Can Drawl 20 PPE/melee


When the crow transforms into Umay Kubai.
Letting it live and such .. Would not have been my first choice .. too risky .. too likely to just be a trick of our magical enemies .. But , she's lucky , and the gamble seems to have paid off.

When the ungrateful Umay starts her stream of uninformed pointless criticizing .. Erg says nothing and just turns away from her .. leaving any comments or interaction with her to senior members , like Lahz , Vhled, Carl .. She's clueless. No wonder Hades needed us to get this job done for him.

Erg instead keeps his own focus on the advancing Cyborgs , and trying to replenish his reserves as much as he can before the seemingly imminent attack hits .. still anticipating every tiny bit he can muster will soon be needed for defense to survive this.

When Vheld and the others come out of the blob/spore .. Erg is relieved .. Maybe Vheld can rift us out of here .. and with Margot gone , maybe just summon the last of them to us .. once we are relocated some place safer of course .. at the very least , give us time to plan/prepare our next move.

JIC
Initiative: 1d20:
3

APM:5

APM 1, 2 : reserved to renew/recast as needed defensive energy fields.

APM 3 : Observing and scanning the situation:
Sensory Equipment Skill 71% Rolled: 1d100:
92


APM 4, 5: Defensive maneuvers As needed
Dodge 1d20+2 = 3:
1
or Roll with Impact 1d20+2 = 8:
6

Dodge 1d20+2 = 16:
14
or Roll with Impact 1d20+2 = 9:
7
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Minerva » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:13 pm

Perception: 1d20:
17

JIC: 1d20:
4
/1d100:
80


Conditions
ISP: 133/334

Skills
Language: American - 1d100:
89
/82% - FAIL


"Alabanza a la ciencia." Minerva breathes a sigh of relief after her plan of making the enemy docile worked perfectly. Las risitas. Nunca me acostumbraré a las risas. She watches as Vheld plucks Chaz's brain from its holster and the holographic Chaz disappears. "How do you say in American? Robamos su mente de mierda! The brain is for the winner! Jejeje!" With the goo taken care of, Minerva has little to fear. No más sanguijuelas malditas. She takes a look around the chamber to see if there is anything of interest to her. If so, she'll grab it. If it's covered in gore, she'll use Telekinesis to pick it up.

If there is nothing or when she is done, she walks out with the rest of her new friends to see the old woman talking to more new folks gathered outside. ¿Quién es la vieja puta? Minerva turns to whoever is near her and says "Normally, it is like this for you? Exciting." Me alegro de estar libre de ese terrible saco que rezuma. Y si juego mis cartas bien, tal vez pueda conseguir un paseo a la civilización de este grupo.


Translations
"Alabanza a la ciencia"="Praise to science"
Las risitas. Nunca me acostumbraré a las risas.=The giggling. I'll never get used to the giggling.
"Robamos su mente de mierda!"="We stole your fucking mind!" - Failed
No más sanguijuelas malditas=No more leeches goddamnit
¿Quién es la vieja puta?=Who's the old bitch?
Me alegro de estar libre de ese terrible saco que rezuma. Y si juego mis cartas bien, tal vez pueda conseguir un paseo a la civilización de este grupo.=Glad to be free of that terrible oozing sack. And if I play my cards right, maybe I can get a ride to civilization from this group.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Carl » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:02 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 27:
20

JIC D20:1d20:
5
; D100: 1d100:
73


Condition: Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); (Sunglasses)Impervious to Energy talisman, 0 use remaining (lv5) Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining), 15 min duration)
SNAFU wrote: Minerva unleashes a torrent of psionic psychedelia on Chaz al Trippy and suddenly the vibe in the room has done a 180 degree hairpin turn. It takes a moment to process, but the bellowing rage-filled vitriol has been replaced by hysterical giggling. The energy bolts seize and the energy form of Chaz Azmych takes on the visage a laughing child.
*OK, that was unexpected. When I asked for them to do something, I was not really expecting them to do something. That little contribution was a very nice payment for our rescue. She might be worth added to the squad.* Carl gives Minerva a nod of the head as the only acknowledgement to her accomplishment.
Minerva wrote: "Normally, it is like this for you? Exciting."
Once outside he turns to Minerva and says, "Whenever there is a god involved, I would say 'yes', this is normal. OK, you are free from you prison and from your captors. You can go your own way or you can stay in danger (says with a smile) and continue to stick with us. If you stick with us, you will be compensated once the mission is completed. The choice is yours?" Carl gives Minerva time to think about what she might be getting herself into before turning his attention to the hag.
SNAFU wrote: The crow arrives with much cursing and upon landing transforms back into the proper form of Umay Kubai (the hag).

"You're going to war is it? Is this what you thought we wanted? You've really buggered it up now. Hades will have you if the Russians don't. That's a nation of cyborgs you understand!? And they have the last of these fools!?! You didn't make it easy on yourselves."
In a calm voice Carl says, "Well, I cannot argue with you about not wanting to start a war with the Russians. And we have no intention of starting one, but I doubt if there was or is a way to come into what they believe is their territory, take what they believe is their, and defend ourselves against any hostility including theirs without pissing them off. Doing what it takes to complete the mission and pissing someone off seems to go hand-and-hand."
Vheld wrote:To Carl, Vheld says "What now? I can try to talk my way past them, but who knows it it will work. With Morogot's influence banished, we may be able to summon voidveil out of their custody. Or we can try a frontal assault." Vheld adds a twisted smile.
Carl almost lets his blood-lust show, but quickly conceals it and replies to Vheld's question. "Unless we have something of value to deal with, I do not think talking is still an option. As mush as I would like to put a dent in their superior attitude, the hag is right, we did not come here to start a war. Lets see if you can summon the target before we go knocking on their door and taking him." Carl says it with an attitude that sound like he actually believes that his small band can take on a nation.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Lahz » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:42 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 18:
16
[+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20:
9

JiC D100: 1d100:
13


Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 96%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Uneasy/Cautious/Angry], Marauder PA Link

Telemechanics [96%]: 1d100:
79


Marauder Main Body: 200/440 MD
• Arms: 50/90 (L) | 50/90 (R)
• Legs: 115/175 (L) | 115/175 (R)
Force Field: 80/160 MD [OFF]
Erg Energy Field: 180/180 MD

Lahz mechanically chuckles both at the Hag-Crow's warning and in relief as Carl and the others emerge from the creepy pod thing that they had to race to both defend and assault. "Summon the guy, then tap that time-stop [Time Slip] spell? He can't exactly move space if he can't move through time? As for the Warcamp ... if they've decided to use a stationary battery to rain fire down on us ... well there's a reason I put our Boat onto a randomized course. So we can always just put a few hundred tons of high explosive detonation onto their battery and let it take them out for us ... alternatively, you can drop that chest of gold on the Locals in exchange for Voidveil ... But"

With the momentary break in fighting, Lahz uses his radar and upgraded [thermal] optics to scan locally for the momentarily stalemated Cyborg lines, "Don't summon the guy here ... Let's pop back to the Nexus off this island .... with the Crazy-Big Bear? Or the Magic Zone? ... Basically summoning him to a spot we're already in a stand off seems risky. My vote is we vanish in a puff of smoke ... Leave the storms blowing to cover our tracks. Maybe even send out the expendables as a distraction about 30 seconds after we leave. If we do that Bear-Spot, I can send coordinates to Ray to bring the boat up that way. Should be able to meet us in just a couple hours ..."

Read Sensory Equipment 78+10=88% 1d100:
10
-- Thermal and Radar readings
Computer Programming 78% --- 1d100:
1
(CRIT SUCCESS) -- Code a burst transmission to Ray detailing new route IF Carl approves of somewhere we can send the Boat

Missile.Defense.via.Turrets
(auto-firing)
1d20+4 = 22:
18
// 4d6:
6, 6, 5, 2
MD
1d20+4 = 12:
8
// 4d6:
5, 2, 3, 4
MD
1d20+4 = 16:
12
// 4d6:
4, 1, 5, 2
MD
1d20+4 = 22:
18
// 4d6:
6, 4, 2, 3
MD
1d20+4 = 8:
4
// 4d6:
5, 4, 4, 5
MD
1d20+4 = 14:
10
// 4d6:
4, 3, 2, 3
MD
1d20+4 = 12:
8
// 4d6:
2, 5, 6, 2
MD
1d20+4 = 12:
8
// 4d6:
1, 3, 1, 5
MD

Missile.Ordinance Tracking
Ship: 44/64 Plasma LRMs (-14)
CTT-M20 Missile Rifle: 10/20
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Whisper » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:30 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 16:
14

Just in Case d20: 1d20:
2
;JIC d100: 1d100:
48


"Okay, so, like, I'm in serious need of repairs.", Lily says softly.
God, I have the best team. Hey, did we pick someone else up?, she thinks to herself.

"If we can get outta here without more combat, I think I'd be better off."
She goes through her system check to make sure everything is still functional despite the damage and does a quick glance at her various sensors (radar, thermo; Sensory Equipment 1d100:
16
/60%).

((OOC: sorry, I thought I had already posted...not really sure what happened there))
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Carl » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:47 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))
Lahz wrote:"Don't summon the guy here ... Let's pop back to the Nexus off this island .... with the Crazy-Big Bear? Or the Magic Zone? ... Basically summoning him to a spot we're already in a stand off seems risky. My vote is we vanish in a puff of smoke ... Leave the storms blowing to cover our tracks. Maybe even send out the expendables as a distraction about 30 seconds after we leave. If we do that Bear-Spot, I can send coordinates to Ray to bring the boat up that way. Should be able to meet us in just a couple hours ..." ]
Whisper wrote:"If we can get outta here without more combat, I think I'd be better off."

"Sounds like a good plan, lets get out of here first before attempting to pull the target to us. Carl notices the team looking at the newcomer and waits to see if Minerva decides to stick with the team before making introductions.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby SNAFU » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:28 pm

Mini-update: Chaz' Lootbag!!!

You have no problems recalling the barge and getting yourselves out to sea. The Russians appear to be glad to see the back of you.

Once the ruckus had settled; sharp eyes spot a cache full of various exotic treasures. Attempts at identifying the objects will reveal the following. Most seem to hail from the Palladium dimension.


Battle Fury Blade
Image
• Weight: 7 lbs.
• Damage: 6D6 M.D.
• M.D.C.: 200, regenerates 20 M.D.C. per day.
• Powers: By channeling 40 P.P.E. into the weapon, the wielder can invoke the Battle Fury. While this fearsome ability is active, the weapon inflicts a whopping 1D6x10 M.D. with every hit. In addition, every time the wielder makes an attack with the sword, they get two attacks instead of one; the weapon striking with blistering speed (opponents are -5 to Parry the unexpected, super-quick, second attack). Finally, for the duration of the enchantment, the user is encased in a suit of magical force with 100 M.D.C.
• The Battle Fury lasts for 3 minutes.

Mod text: An ultra-rare Battle-Fury Long-Sword (able to be used one-handed)

Code: Select all
[b]Battle Fury Blade[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/xgzn460.png[/img]
[size=85]• Weight: 7 lbs.
• Damage: 6D6 M.D.
• M.D.C.: 200, regenerates 20 M.D.C. per day.
• Powers: By channeling 40 P.P.E. into the weapon, the wielder can invoke the Battle Fury. While this fearsome ability is active, the weapon inflicts a whopping 1D6x10 M.D. with every hit. In addition, every time the wielder makes an attack with the sword, they get two attacks instead of one; the weapon striking with blistering speed (opponents are -5 to Parry the unexpected, super-quick, second attack). Finally, for the duration of the enchantment, the user is encased in a suit of magical force with 100 M.D.C.
• The Battle Fury lasts for 3 minutes.[/size]
[color=#4000FF]Mod text: [i]An ultra-rare[b] Battle-Fury Long-Sword[/b] (able to be used one-handed)[/i][/color]


Defender
Image
Legendary Enchanted Ring
Magic Features
• Protection from Spell Magic: Constant +1 to save.
• Protection from Psionics: Constant +1 to save.
• Protection from Undead: Holds undead at bay & makes wielder impervious to vampire's hypnotic gaze/mind control.


Code: Select all
[b]Defender[/b]
[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-NZ03oqS_YP0/WbIXtPfLVKI/AAAAAAAAABE/t2iSvuGwh4AM4IA68S45C8E-F9B3EM_nQCK8BGAs/s105/2017-09-07.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Legendary Enchanted Ring[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
• Protection from Spell Magic: Constant +1 to save.
• Protection from Psionics: Constant +1 to save.
• Protection from Undead: Holds undead at bay & makes wielder impervious to vampire's hypnotic gaze/mind control.[/size]


Ring of Thieves
Image
Legendary Enchanted Ring
Magic Features
• Invisibility (simple): 10 minutes; three times daily.
• Sense Traps: 10 minutes; twice daily. Range: 12' radius.
• Nightvision 60': 60 minutes; three times daily.


Code: Select all
[b]Ring of Thieves[/b]
[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-YNM4NK_5QGU/WbIXuTtKCzI/AAAAAAAAABI/Xr91DgDI75wisiZh6gbKGZTmbq2DAKe0QCK8BGAs/s109/2017-09-07.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Legendary Enchanted Ring[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
• Invisibility (simple): 10 minutes; three times daily.
• Sense Traps: 10 minutes; twice daily. Range: 12' radius.
• Nightvision 60': 60 minutes; three times daily.[/size]


Ring of Invisibility
Image
Uncommon Enchanted Ring
M.D.C.: 5
Magic Features
• Invisibility
• • Duration: 10 minutes per activation.
• • Charges: 3 renewed every 24 hours.


Code: Select all
[b]Ring of Invisibility[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/21/20170721122446-aee273eb.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Uncommon Enchanted Ring[/i]
M.D.C.: 5
[u]Magic Features[/u]
• Invisibility
• • Duration: 10 minutes per activation.
• • Charges: 3 renewed every 24 hours.[/size]


Amulet of Armor of Ithan
Image
Rare Enchanted Amulet
M.D.C.: 50
Magic Features
• P.P.E. Cost: 20 P.P.E.
• • Duration: 5 Minutes or until M.D.C. is depleted, can be reactivated with an additional P.P.E. or I.S.P. input


Code: Select all
[b]Amulet of Armor of Ithan[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/21/20170721122450-1dada841.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Rare Enchanted Amulet[/i]
M.D.C.: 50
[u]Magic Features[/u]
• P.P.E. Cost: 20 P.P.E.
• • Duration: 5 Minutes or until M.D.C. is depleted, can be reactivated with an additional P.P.E. or I.S.P. input[/size]


Talisman of Armor
Image
TW Armor Amulet
M.D.C.: 100
Magic Features
• • Duration: 10 minutes per activation.
• • Usable 3 times per day.


Code: Select all
[b]Talisman of Armor[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/21/20170721122502-5a2e423c.png[/img]
[size=85][i]TW Armor Amulet[/i]
M.D.C.: 100
[u]Magic Features[/u]
• • Duration: 10 minutes per activation.
• • Usable 3 times per day.[/size]


Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery
Image
M.D.C.: 10
P.P.E.: 180
Recharge Rate: 10 P.P.E. per hour.
Other Features
••To Be Discovered Through Roleplay


Code: Select all
[b]Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/15/20170715090716-d0acda16.png[/img]
[size=85]M.D.C.: 10
P.P.E.: 180
Recharge Rate: 10 P.P.E. per hour.
[u]Other Features[/u]
••[color=#FF0000]To Be Discovered Through Roleplay[/color][/size]


Shadow Armor See Rifter #12, pgs 36-37
Image
• A.R.: 16 (N/A in Rifts-like Environs)
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• S.D.C.: 400 (Armor is indestructible. If S.D.C. is depleted all abilities become inert and it turns into a normal shadow worn by the character, but it is not removable. After 8 hours all S.D.C. regenerates and the armor returns to normal.) (MDC in Rifts-like Environs)
• If touched by good aligned characters they take 4d6 damage straight to Hit Points and their hand passes through the armor. Selfish characters who touch the armor take no damage, but receive a vicious chill and their hands pass through as well.
    Magic Features
    • +30% to Prowl.
    • Wearer can see perfectly in total darkness.
    • Wearer is completely invisible in darkness. While in darkness, he is impervious to all forms of magical detection.
    • Travel through Shadows.
    •• Wearer has the ability to travel between shadows as if through a magic Portal.
    •• Can travel to any shadow within 2000' radius unimpeded.
    •• Beyond 2000', the wearer may travel any shadowed location within 15 miles which he is personally familiar with.
    •• May be used 3 times /day.
    • Turn into Shadow
    •• The wearer can turn himself and everything on his person into a single shadow. (Twisted semblance of the wearer)
    •• In this form wearer can perform no actions other than movement.
    •• In this form wearer is impervious to everything (from weapons, to magic, to psionics) except sunlight. Sunlight does 4d6 damage directly to Hit Points. Wearers killed in this form become trapped as a shadow forever and the armor vanishes into the plane of shadow.
Curse: None, unless trapped in shadow form as noted above.
History: These rare suits are thought to have been created in the time of thousand magics by powerful evil forces long dead.


Code: Select all
[b]Shadow Armor[/b]  [color=#FF0000]See Rifter #12, pgs 36-37[/color]
[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-WLORu-yyYPQ/WbIXhLNN9wI/AAAAAAAAABA/XZWQbdmvJRckHIIPyPcvcaf91QU043fUQCK8BGAs/s300/2017-09-07.png[/img]
[size=85]• A.R.: 16 (N/A in Rifts-like Environs)
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• S.D.C.: 400 (Armor is indestructible. If S.D.C. is depleted all abilities become inert and it turns into a normal shadow worn by the character, but it is not removable. After 8 hours all S.D.C. regenerates and the armor returns to normal.) (MDC in Rifts-like Environs)
• If touched by good aligned characters they take 4d6 damage straight to Hit Points and their hand passes through the armor. Selfish characters who touch the armor take no damage, but receive a vicious chill and their hands pass through as well.
[list]Magic Features
• +30% to Prowl.
• Wearer can see perfectly in total darkness.
• Wearer is completely invisible in darkness. While in darkness, he is impervious to all forms of magical detection.
• Travel through Shadows.
•• Wearer has the ability to travel between shadows as if through a magic Portal.
•• Can travel to any shadow within 2000' radius unimpeded.
•• Beyond 2000', the wearer may travel any shadowed location within 15 miles which he is personally familiar with.
•• May be used 3 times /day.
• Turn into Shadow
•• The wearer can turn himself and everything on his person into a single shadow. (Twisted semblance of the wearer)
•• In this form wearer can perform no actions other than movement.
•• In this form wearer is impervious to everything (from weapons, to magic, to psionics) except sunlight. Sunlight does 4d6 damage directly to Hit Points. Wearers killed in this form become trapped as a shadow forever and the armor vanishes into the plane of shadow.[/list]
Curse: None, unless trapped in shadow form as noted above.
History: These rare suits are thought to have been created in the time of thousand magics by powerful evil forces long dead.[/size]


Cloak of Protection
Image
Unique Magic Armor
• A.R.: 12
• M.D.C.: 150
• +2 to all saving throws
Note: Can only be repaired by magic craftsmen (costs vary, but will always be at least ten times normal armor repair costs)



Code: Select all
[b]Cloak of Protection[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/lfTJmI8.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Unique Magic Armor[/i]
• A.R.: 12
• M.D.C.: 150
• +2 to all saving throws
Note: Can only be repaired by magic craftsmen (costs vary, but will always be at least ten times normal armor repair costs)[/size]



Dwarven Enchanted Long Knife
Image
• Damage: 2D6+8 M.D.C.
• Modifiers: +2 to Strike and Parry
• Lowers the requirement for a critical strike by two numbers (18-20)


Code: Select all
[b]Dwarven Enchanted Long Knife[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/HCiOtXt.png[/img]
[size=85]• Damage: 2D6+8 M.D.C.
• Modifiers: +2 to Strike and Parry
• Lowers the requirement for a critical strike by two numbers (18-20)[/size]


Dagger of Panath
Image
Greater Holy Weapon - Dagger
M.D.C.: 250 (Unusually tough; seldom break — it takes a lot to destroy one of these weapons and the blades rarely dull)
Damage: 4d6
Magic Features
• +3 to strike on a back stab
• Critical strike x3 from behind or an additional x2 to the modifier of an assassin that has a backstab
• Critical strike on a natural 19-20
• Raise the M.A. of the wielder to 24
• Acts as a normal dagger, except when in the hands of an assassin or follower of Panath
• Under all forms of scrutiny, magical and non, the dagger appears as a normal weapon even when in use


Code: Select all
[b]Dagger of Panath[/b]   
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/21/20170721115830-fdb3e70d.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Greater Holy Weapon - Dagger[/i]
M.D.C.: 250 (Unusually tough; seldom break — it takes a lot to destroy one of these weapons and the blades rarely dull)
Damage: 4d6
[u]Magic Features[/u]
• +3 to strike on a back stab
• Critical strike x3 from behind or an additional x2 to the modifier of an assassin that has a backstab
• Critical strike on a natural 19-20
• Raise the M.A. of the wielder to 24
• Acts as a normal dagger, except when in the hands of an assassin or follower of Panath
• Under all forms of scrutiny, magical and non, the dagger appears as a normal weapon even when in use[/size]


Ring of Ages
Image
Legendary Enchanted Item
This ring was worn by the sage and mystic Gaan the Reckless, so named for his many daring exploits. Unfortunately, Gaan tended to leap before he looked, and got himself seriously hurt or killed on a few different occasions. What kept him going was his most precious possession, his Ring of Ages.
  • This simple ring of silver confers 1D6+1 extra lives to its owner.
      That means whenever the wearer is slain, after one minute (4 melee rounds), the character instantly revives, at full Hit Points and S.D.C. and P.P.E. (and/or I.S.P. if psychic). This effect only works 1D6+1 times; roll when the owner first takes possession of the ring and keep track of it.
  • Should the owner ever lose the ring and regain it, the number of extra lives remains constant, as if he never lost it in the first place.
      Thus, let's assume Gaan owned the ring, and it had two extra lives left, and he lost it. Gaan's brother Daal takes the ring and wears it for a year, using it on numerous occasions. Gaan later retrieves the ring and puts it back on again. Gaan does not roll 1D6+1 again to see how many extra lives the ring will confer to him. He only has two lives left, period.
  • The Ring of Ages only revives somebody if they die while wearing it.
      Placing this ring on the finger of a dead person does no good. After this ring runs out of extra lives, it will no longer serve any purpose to the wearer, but cannot be removed by any means. It must continue to be worn for the rest of the character's natural life, which will be the long end of normal. In fact, characters who are careful and die of old age are said to revive a minute later as a 20 year old! This is repeated until the last life provided by the ring is gone, lost by natural causes or through foul play. Note: that those slain come back to life at the same age they were when they died.

Code: Select all
[b]Ring of Ages[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/21/20170721122500-b34064bc.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Legendary Enchanted Item[/i]
This ring was worn by the sage and mystic Gaan the Reckless, so named for his many daring exploits. Unfortunately, Gaan tended to leap before he looked, and got himself seriously hurt or killed on a few different occasions. What kept him going was his most precious possession, his Ring of Ages.
[list][*] [b]This simple ring of silver confers 1D6+1 extra lives to its owner. [/b][list]That means whenever the wearer is slain, after one minute (4 melee rounds), the character instantly revives, at full Hit Points and S.D.C. and P.P.E. (and/or I.S.P. if psychic). This effect only works 1D6+1 times; roll when the owner first takes possession of the ring and keep track of it. [/list]
[*][b]Should the owner ever lose the ring and regain it, the number of extra lives remains constant, as if he never lost it in the first place.  [/b]  [list]Thus, let's assume Gaan owned the ring, and it had two extra lives left, and he lost it. Gaan's brother Daal takes the ring and wears it for a year, using it on numerous occasions. Gaan later retrieves the ring and puts it back on again. Gaan does not roll 1D6+1 again to see how many extra lives the ring will confer to him. He only has two lives left, period.[/list]
[*] [b]The Ring of Ages only revives somebody if they die while wearing it.[/b] [list]Placing this ring on the finger of a dead person does no good. After this ring runs out of extra lives, it will no longer serve any purpose to the wearer, but cannot be removed by any means. It must continue to be worn for the rest of the character's natural life, which will be the long end of normal. In fact, characters who are careful and die of old age are said to revive a minute later as a 20 year old! This is repeated until the last life provided by the ring is gone, lost by natural causes or through foul play. Note: that those slain come back to life at the same age they were when they died.[/list][/list] [/size]



The Gauntlets of Mastery
Image
These magical gloves were owned by Lady Meweyn of Westmarch, who used them on a more or less constant basis.
• When wearing the gloves, the wearer suddenly finds himself able to do things he never knew he could, as if unlocking some kind of hidden reserve of knowledge and experience.
  • This effect adds +30% to all of the wearer's skill ratios, even for skills he has no idea how to perform! That's right, even skills the character has absolutely no experience in have a 30% chance of success, provided the skill requires the use of the hands. The gloves do not confer any hand to hand combat skills nor any physical skills aside from Swimming and Climbing.
• The gauntlets can take the shape of any kind of hand wear, from heavy falconry gauntlets to dainty lace gloves. All the wearer need do is mentally command the Gauntlets to change and they will. The transformation only takes a melee round. The gloves also automatically grow or shrink to fit anybody's hands from a Gnome to Troll-size.
• They always feel comfortable when worn, and will always keep the wearer's hands warm and dry.


Code: Select all
[b]The Gauntlets of Mastery[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/21/20170721082357-ea7b1665.png[/img] [size=85]
These magical gloves were owned by Lady Meweyn of Westmarch, who used them on a more or less constant basis.
• When wearing the gloves, the wearer suddenly finds himself able to do things he never knew he could, as if unlocking some kind of hidden reserve of knowledge and experience. [list][*][b]This effect adds +30% to all of the wearer's skill ratios, even for skills he has no idea how to perform! [/b]That's right, even skills the character has absolutely no experience in have a 30% chance of success, provided the skill requires the use of the hands. The gloves do not confer any hand to hand combat skills nor any physical skills aside from Swimming and Climbing. [/list]
• The gauntlets can take the shape of any kind of hand wear, from heavy falconry gauntlets to dainty lace gloves. All the wearer need do is mentally command the Gauntlets to change and they will. The transformation only takes a melee round. The gloves also automatically grow or shrink to fit anybody's hands from a Gnome to Troll-size.
• They always feel comfortable when worn, and will always keep the wearer's hands warm and dry.
[/size]



The Pauper's Crown
Image
Lord Therendil won this crown during the Chaos War from a general in the Old Ones' Army. It is a simple iron crown that is rather heavy to wear and has a light rusting along all of the edges. It is not a pretty thing to look at, but it radiates an intense aura of magic.
Curse: Whoever possesses the crown will be destined to never have more than just a few coins in his pocket.
    Even if the wearer is heir to a vast fortune or the lord of a kingdom, he will, personally, be poor while he has the Pauper's Crown, somehow unable to access or control any of his wealth. Most likely he will actually lose his personal fortune, but most who accept the Pauper's Crown have no desire for personal wealth and look toward lofty intangibles that make life worth living (having good friends, good health, helping others, being known as brave and honourable, etc.). Should he later relinquish ownership of the Crown, the money he once lost will not come back. It is gone for good.
However, on the upside, the wearer enjoys the following enchantment, which transforms him into a god on the battlefield and a leader among leaders.
  1. The wearer's P.S. becomes supernatural; if it already was supernatural, it goes up by +2D6 points.
  2. The wearer gains a Natural A.R. of 15. If he already had a natural A.R., then it goes up to 15 or by +1 point, whichever is higher.
  3. The Wearer's Hit Points and S.D.C. both double. (And become MDC, or pre-existing MDC is doubled, on Rifts Earth or similar environs)
  4. The wearer heals at a rate of 2D6 Hit Points or S.D.C. (MDC) per hour, and is +2 to save vs poison, +4 to save vs disease, and +8 to save vs coma & death!
  5. The wearer's M.A. increases to 30. If the wearer's M.A. was already that high, there is no additional effect.
  6. The wearer gains an additional two attacks per melee round.


Code: Select all
[b]The Pauper's Crown[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/SZlsVBG.png[/img][size=85]
Lord Therendil won this crown during the Chaos War from a general in the Old Ones' Army. It is a simple iron crown that is rather heavy to wear and has a light rusting along all of the edges. It is not a pretty thing to look at, but it radiates an intense aura of magic.
[b][u]Curse[/u]: Whoever possesses the crown will be destined to never have more than just a few coins in his pocket. [/b][list]Even if the wearer is heir to a vast fortune or the lord of a kingdom, he will, personally, be poor while he has the Pauper's Crown, somehow unable   to access or control any of his wealth. Most likely he will actually lose his personal fortune, but most who accept the Pauper's Crown have no desire for personal wealth and look toward lofty intangibles that make life worth living (having good friends, good health, helping others, being known as brave and honourable, etc.). Should he later relinquish ownership of the Crown, the money he once lost will not come back. It is gone for good. [/list]
However, on the upside, the wearer enjoys the following enchantment, which transforms him into a god on the battlefield and a leader among leaders.[list=1]
[*] The wearer's P.S. becomes supernatural; if it already was supernatural, it goes up by +2D6 points.
[*] The wearer gains a Natural A.R. of 15. If he already had a natural A.R., then it goes up to 15 or by +1 point, whichever is higher.
[*] The Wearer's Hit Points and S.D.C. both double.[b] (And become MDC, or pre-existing  MDC is doubled, on Rifts Earth or similar environs)[/b]
[*] The wearer heals at a rate of 2D6 Hit Points or S.D.C. (MDC) per hour, and is +2 to save vs poison, +4 to save vs disease, and +8 to save vs coma & death!
[*] The wearer's M.A. increases to 30. If the wearer's M.A. was already that high, there is no additional effect.
[*] The wearer gains an additional two attacks per melee round.[/list][/size]



TW Dragon Harness of Flight
Image
TW Dragon Harness; (Mystic Tendrils extend from the centre-piece fastening it in place on the wearer's chest)
M.D.C.: 150
Magic Features
• Fits to size.
• Fly Like the Wind
Range: Self
Duration: Constant
Saving Throw: None
This endows the recipient(s) of the magic with the ability to fly like the wind, at the amazing speed of 150 miles (240 km)! There is no altitude limit as long as there is breathable air. +1 on initiative and +4 to dodge while flying.


Code: Select all
[b]TW Dragon Harness of Flight[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/03/20170703081451-6fa4aa3d.png[/img]
[size=85][i]TW Dragon Harness; (Mystic Tendrils extend from the centre-piece fastening it in place on the wearer's chest)[/i]
M.D.C.: 150
[u]Magic Features[/u]
• Fits to size.
• Fly Like the Wind
Range: Self
Duration: Constant
Saving Throw: None
This endows the recipient(s) of the magic with the ability to fly like the wind, at the amazing speed of 150 miles (240 km)! There is no altitude limit as long as there is breathable air. +1 on initiative and +4 to dodge while flying.[/size]


In addition there are
1600 Diamonds (1 carat)
2300 Rubies (1 carat)
3300 Emeralds (1 carat)
SNAFU
 

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Minerva » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:54 pm

Perception: 1d20:
19

JIC: 1d20:
19
/1d100:
92


Carl wrote:
Minerva wrote: "Normally, it is like this for you? Exciting."
Once outside he turns to Minerva and says, "Whenever there is a god involved, I would say 'yes', this is normal. OK, you are free from you prison and from your captors. You can go your own way or you can stay in danger (says with a smile) and continue to stick with us. If you stick with us, you will be compensated once the mission is completed. The choice is yours?" Carl gives Minerva time to think about what she might be getting herself into before turning his attention to the hag.


"I like excitement. I will stay if you will have me. Who are you? What is this grouping called?"

On board the barge, Minerva removes her hood and lets her bright red hair down. When the group discovers the loot cache, Minerva expresses interest only in the cloak. "Mine is getting old. I would have new?" If her status as the newest player in the field prevents her from acquiring the cloak, she waits to see what is left when the rest of the team takes their pick.

Loot desires
  • Cloak of Protection
  • Pauper's Crown
  • Ring of Thieves
  • Ring of Invisibility
  • Amulet of Armor of Ithan
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vheld » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:39 pm

JIC: 1d20:
2
, 1d100:
45

PER: 1d20+5 = 18:
13


Vheld Conditions
- Fly as the Eagle (424m00s remaining, +1p, +2d in flight).
- Invincible Armor (73m45s remaining, 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength (opponents now need 17+ to save vs. Vheld's magic).
- Impervious to energy (Vheld/Brokswa; 49m45s remaining).
- Chromatic protection (Vheld/Brokswa; 22m45s remaining, failed save = blind, -10s/p/d, -4I for 1d4*3 melees, half duration for lesser supernatural).
- Charismatic Aura (38m15s remaining; Friendship/Trust invoked, Vheld gets +8 to PB, affects 180ft. radius).
- Tongues (79m00s remaining, understands/speaks all languages at 98%)
- X-ray vision (28m00s remaining, PFRPG P. 203)
- Brokswa invincible armor- 61m00s, 183/225 MDC remaining
- Other minions- 73m45s for Bel'Dar, 61m00s for Sshir invincible armor
Warrior Horde
- 135 total
- 12m45s remaining.
- MDC 66 each.
- IQ 7, PS 28, PP 21, PE 28, Spd 21; all attributes supernatural.
- Impervious to pain, poison, cold, heat, and fear.
- HF of 12.
- Does 3d6 MD with their axes (unless the nexus modifier applies, which I think it does- in which case damage is 9d6).
- +2 initiative; +3 strike, parry, and dodge


Before lifting off, Vheld orders his minions to dispel all of their atmospheric manipulations and other elemental barriers in the vicinity. No sense in pissing the Russians off any more than we already have. He will turn and order his warrior horde to sprint towards the interior of the island, and then essentially run around in random directions- dispersing themselves as widely as possible to lead the Russians on a wild goose chase but not to engage anyone or anything in combat.

Feeling his extensive magical exertions, Vheld boards the barge and orders all of his minions to stand on deck, on guard for any further attacks. He will proceed to the bridge, and order whomever's piloting (Ray?). "I suggest we not leave the island yet- either of the other two ley line nexuses on Crimea should do for our purposes, and we want to stay near at hand in case the summoning fails and we need to explore alternatives."

At Whisper's comment regarding the state of her armor, Vheld will mutter a quick incantation and add invincible armor to it ((assuming he can))- too tired to care about the pilot's protests. "That will keep you alive, at least." He growls.

Vheld will use the breather to recharge his energies from one of his fast-fading energy spheres- he will have Bel'Dar do the same. When the loot comes out, Vheld will forget his fatigue and peruse the offerings with his usual interest in all things magical. He'll finger the PPE battery with interest- An interesting design- potentially useful alternative to my energy spheres, and express his awe if he recognizes the shadow armor at all. The pauper's crown he will also regard with interest, pondering I must explore potential loopholes around this curse. I doubt they had credits and bank accounts wherever it came from. For the moment, however, he is too wrapped up in the possibilities to stake a claim to anything, and after a while he will sit back and simply meditate while they head to their destination.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 197/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
2/3 charges on Vheld's and Sil's invincible armor talismans.
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Erg » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:22 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 4:
2
(Additional +3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20:
3
, 1d100:
54


Currently
  • Sustain : 286h 39m 0s: No need Eat, Drink, Breath , Only ~2h sleep per 24 hour period.
  • ETA to Warlord Sokolov's whole island 'purge' : 3h 44m 0s
  • Updraft TW Shoes : 11m 15s Run on Air Max Spd 50 Max Altitude 1,000 ft ... Currently Hovering ~1 foot off the ground.
  • MA-2 MDC MainBody50 Leg50e Arm45e Head40 : 6m 15s Breath Without Air , Cleanse , Armor of Ithan (Fire, Lightning, Cold do 1/2 Dmg) MDC 50 Remaining
  • Energy Field Sphere Around Self : 17m 15s MDC 180 Remaining
  • Nexus Proximity : 3x spell range, duration, damage , Can Drawl 20 PPE/melee


Erg is glad to put some distance between them and that unpleasant situation .. He's also glad to see the loot the others returned with.
"That looks like some really nice loot you guys got .. We might want to hold off on using any of it until we get them thoroughly checked out , to confirm they don't have hidden curses or such."

Loot
Erg would not yet 'put on' or 'carry' any of the items himself .. he would want to wait until they can get them back to Merctown and examined by the Guild , to confirm there are no curses or such .. that having been said the items Erg would be interested in order of interest are:
#1> Gloves of Mastery
#2> Ring of Ages
#3> Miniaturized PPE Battery


Once they get more clear , away from the cyborg army and such .. Erg says to the others .. "So .. Now that we have a little breathing room .. if Vheld isn't able to summon our last target to us .. we probably need to start a back up plan .. researching and planning our approach to getting to him in a more 'conventional' way."
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Carl » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:47 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 11:
4

JIC D20:1d20:
14
; D100: 1d100:
53


Condition: Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining), 15 min duration); (Sunglasses)Impervious to Energy talisman, 0 use remaining (lv5)
Minerva wrote:"I like excitement. I will stay if you will have me. Who are you? What is this grouping called?"
Carl says, "OK, welcome to the group, for now. If you decide that you want to stay with us after this is over, we will talk. For now, just know that we are mercenaries for hire. We prefer to keep our group's name a secret when we are out in the field in case we piss someone off like we just did with the Russians. In the field, I am Joker (he points to the others) this is (Vheld)Deuce, (Lahz)Ace, (Erg)Jack, (Whisper)Tarot, and (Echo)Seven." He looks at Vinograd, "Hmm, we have yet to come up with a code-sign for our reptilian friend. Lets keep it simple, for now you (pointing at Minerva) will be Diamond and our dragon-born friend will be Spade. Once this situation is over and if you are still with us, you can choice your own code-signs or keep those."

When the loot is displayed, Carl looks at the sword and sighs because he knows his swords would never let him use it. *It would still be a nice thing to use while in power armor.* He looks at the rest of the loot and makes a mental note of the other things that he would be interested in.
Loot
Interested in the following in this order:
Shadow Armor
TW Dragon Harness of Flight
Defender (ring)
Erg wrote: "So .. Now that we have a little breathing room .. if Vheld isn't able to summon our last target to us .. we probably need to start a back up plan .. researching and planning our approach to getting to him in a more 'conventional' way."
"Good idea. What do we know about this one?"
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vinograd » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:02 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 12:
11

Just in Case: 1d20:
20
/1d100:
12

Conditions: None.

Vinograd is glad to be out of the rotting fungus and general mess that was the tower. Vinograd cancels all of his spell effects and joins the group on the boat, slinking around in his natural form. When the loot is presented, Vinograd pokes at few of the items considering their function, before putting in his requests for what he'd like. When Carl gives him a call sign, Vinograd is confused, but just shrugs it off as a human thing. Spade...? Like the digging tool? Weird humans.

Vinograd approaches Carl. [Dragonese/Elven]"So what now?"


Loot Wants
1. TW Dragonflight Harness
2. Talisman of Armor
3. The Gauntlets of Mastery.
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Whisper » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:27 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 4:
2

Just in Case d20: 1d20:
3
;JIC d100: 1d100:
22


Once safely away from danger, Lily hops out of her suit and gives it a thorough inspection. Shit, I'm even gonna have to replace parts of the frame. I guess the ol' thing was due for a new coat of paint anyway. Maybe I can get some custom styling done, too.

Whisper frowns at Vheld casting some kind of stuff on her armor and then even more at his 'I'm helping you, deal with it.' attitude. "Thanks.", she answers bitterly.

Upon the group finding loot, she realizes that it's all magical crap and goes back to tending to her Mecha-knight.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Erg » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:48 pm

Rolls Carried

Carl wrote:
Erg wrote: "So .. Now that we have a little breathing room .. if Vheld isn't able to summon our last target to us .. we probably need to start a back up plan .. researching and planning our approach to getting to him in a more 'conventional' way."
"Good idea. What do we know about this one?"


Erg replies, "As I recall Warpveil has non-magical powers to manipulate space and distance. Either he is somehow being held by those cyborgs .. or they are only holding a decoy , and he is still on the loose .. If the later , with the fall of the island forces, he's probably on the run , and picking up his trail to track him down might be very hard .. If the former , finding him would be the easy part, getting in and out of the cyborg camp would be the very hard part .. Although his trail probably starts back at the ruble remains of his island fortress , but with all the fighting and such that likely happened there .. finding just his one trail will probably be a needle in a hay stack .. If we had some item that we knew belonged to him , there are mystic means of tracking that could help us .. but , where would we find something we know belonged to him?"
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Lahz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:24 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 18:
16
[+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20:
13

JiC D100: 1d100:
44


Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 96%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary/Relieved], Marauder PA Link

Telemechanics [96%]: 1d100:
19

Mechanical Engineering [73%]: 1d100:
24
-- Repairs/Tinkering/Evaluation

Marauder Main Body: 200/440 MD
• Arms: 50/90 (L) | 50/90 (R)
• Legs: 115/175 (L) | 115/175 (R)
Force Field: 80/160 MD [OFF]
Erg Energy Field: 180/180 MD

OOC: Did the Hag-Crow accompany us onto the Ship?

Even back at sea Lahz continues to feel wary but he steps over to look at the items that seem to have been recovered, "I love the idea of those gloves. They could make my project-work alot easier ... like the knife too" -- he holds up the Dagger of Panath --- "Maybe even integrate it with a modern springload system as a PA Forearm blade? ... Might want to consider one for yours too Tarot (with the Dwarven Enchanted Long Knife) ... some crap, you need to fight fire with fire. Though that new auto-shotgun rigged as a PA Pistol can do the trick for silver hating beasties ..."

OOC Comments
I love the Shadow Armor & Talisman of Armor ... but not for this Character. I acknowledge the Gloves are extremely valuable, however, even if Lahz acquires them, please anticipate that he'll let Erg use for tinkering in Merctown.


Loot Choices
1 - Gloves of Mastery
2 - Dagger of Panath
3 - Ship


From within his mechanized shell, the Elf wrinkles his brow a bit considering Erg's evaluation of the Russians' capabilities, "Well there are a few ways it could be done ... they could have a few Psychics around, hit him with a whammy. Or he could have been injured in a blast that took him unaware. They could be keeping him in a coma, or have dosed him with a drug ... He might even have just sold out and hired himself away with the intent on going Native and becoming a warlord ... The nice thing I believe, is that if he's alive and apparently not IN Morogot ... we should be able to summon him. If the warlords have a decoy, the decoy wouldn't be summoned, right? ..."

As the Boat chugs along, the Psi-Tech will move onward to see if he can make any in-progress repairs and taps his radio once more, "Before we consider ditching this Ship, I'd like to propose seeing if we can get it through a Deuce-Portal out to the Open-Water on where we stopped over after that last little tangle ..." OOC: Baja "... The long range launchers, power plant, even the hull plating is all expensive material, it's a long term project but we could do very well with it. I wouldn't want it anywhere near home, because, well shit look at how easily I took it over before. I think I'd like to ground the thing and start stripping stuff ..."

Missile.Ordinance Tracking
Ship: 44/64 Plasma LRMs (-14)
CTT-M20 Missile Rifle: 10/20
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Carl » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:12 pm

Rolls carried
Lahz wrote:"Before we consider ditching this Ship, I'd like to propose seeing if we can get it through a Deuce-Portal out to the Open-Water on where we stopped over after that last little tangle ..." OOC: Baja "... The long range launchers, power plant, even the hull plating is all expensive material, it's a long term project but we could do very well with it. I wouldn't want it anywhere near home, because, well shit look at how easily I took it over before. I think I'd like to ground the thing and start stripping stuff ..."

Carl stops for a moment to think. "I have to admit that I never thought about ditching the ship, but I guess keeping it secured somewhere is wishful thinking. OK, unless someone can think of something better; lets see how much we can take from it".
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Echo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:12 am

Perception: 1d20:
18
+3=21
JiC: 1d100:
58
// 1d20:
15

Skill Checks
Intelligence: 1d100:
44
/62%
Sensory Equipment: 1d100:
65
/68%
Surveillance: 1d100:
43
/68%
Detect Concealment: 1d100:
46
/53%


Minerva wrote:"I like excitement. I will stay if you will have me. Who are you? What is this grouping called?"


"I think you'll make a fine addition here." Echo says surely with an indistinguishable expression from within his armor. Echo examines the loot acquired and slightly shakes his head. All this magical equipment and I without the slightest idea how any of it works. That armor looks sick and a couple of those rings may help me in the field but I can't imagine others not finding better uses for it. He looks down at his rifle and gives it a slight pat, Maybe I can get some scraps and get Deuce or Joker to show me the ropes on using them.

Echo looks to Carl and Vheld at a lieu in conversation with the others, "So now that we have a breather, I'd like to have a more involved recap of what our mission is. I got the down and dirty before but unfortunately lack the full understanding of what we are to accomplish. Regardless, just tell me who our target is... hopefully another like that Russian to play tag with." Echo requests, the ladder being a comment made more in jest at distance battles and hide and seek. He will leave the technical talk of the Hovercraft to the experts but offer a comment if asked, "I'm sure I can dig up some old contacts around New Lazlo or Mechanicsville who'd love some of those stripped parts if we wanted to avoid it finding its way to our home."

Loot Desires
When the opportunity arises, Echo will have placed a bid on the following items. However, without the foreknowledge on their working on an intimate level, will not argue should another take it. Echo will also point out, if required, that he has zero magical items and that certain ones could critically augment his capabilities in assisting some of his near god-like companions.
Shadow Armor (Assassin)
Pauper's Crown (Echo's currency is favors and he spends his money quickly on upgrades anyways)
Gauntlets of Mastery (Echo is a skill whore)
Dagger of Panath (Hello, Assassin here, Assassin God ;))
Ring of Thieves (See above ;-D)
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby SNAFU » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:59 pm

The Summoning of Voidveil.

While recouping on the boat the Spooks watch Vheld perform his summoning ritual. This time, as Vheld reaches out, he can definitely find and connect to his target. Perhaps his reality shifting powers had interfered the first time, but whatever the reason, it no longer hampers the ritual.

Once Dr. Voidveil materialises before you realise why his powers might no longer be interfering with Vheld's Magic.... There is simply not enough left of him.

Obviously, in order to contain him, the Russians have employed cybernetic containment techniques similar to those the CS uses on magic-users. Except in this case Voidveils entire body has been replaced with grey-metal box which contains what remains of the good Doctor.

Image

While studying the curious monstrosity, Echo hears the surface radar go off, and can identify three incoming vessels coming in from the West, their route suggests they are not circling around from the Russian side but rather sailing directly from a point in the South and West. Echo realises that this likely means they are Slavers' likely equipped with the very same gear and craft as the Spooks currently find themselves.


INDIVIDUAL LOOT

(This is the best I could figure from your desires, I kind of wimped out on the Pauper's Crown. Minerva is getting three lesser items while Echo gets two greater items, pretty even... I say you flip on it.

Battle Fury Blade
-Vheld (minion)

Defender
-Carl

Ring of Thieves
-Echo

Ring of Invisibility
-Minerva

Amulet of Armor of Ithan
-Minerva

Talisman of Armor
-Vinograd

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery
-Erg

Shadow Armor

-Carl


Cloak of Protection

-Minerva

Dwarven Enchanted Long Knife

Unclaimed

Dagger of Panath
-Echo


Ring of Ages
-Erg

Gauntlets of Mastery
-Lahz

Pauper's Crown
Minerva or Echo

TW Dragon Harness of Flight
-Vinograd

Gems
Unclaimed
SNAFU
 

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Erg » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:49 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 10:
8
(Additional +3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20:
4
, 1d100:
95


SNAFU wrote:Once Dr. Voidveil materialises before you realise why his powers might no longer be interfering with Vheld's Magic.... There is simply not enough left of him.


Erg is relieved that Vheld was successful.
Excellent, that's the best case scenario to get him.

"Excellent, great job Vheld."

SNAFU wrote:While studying the curious monstrosity, Echo hears the surface radar go off, and can identify three incoming vessels coming in from the West, their route suggests they are not circling around from the Russian side but rather sailing directly from a point in the South and West. Echo realises that this likely means they are Slavers' likely equipped with the very same gear and craft as the Spooks currently find themselves.


IfEchoShares
"Our job here is done, time to go home." No need to fight any of them. Even if we loose the boat, mission accomplished.

IfEchoNoShare
Now we just have to get back home, and contact customer to exchange proof for payment.


OOC Comments
If no one else wants the gems. Erg can put them to use in future TW creations.
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Lahz » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:31 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 8:
6
[+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20:
14

JiC D100: 1d100:
89


Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 96%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary/Relieved], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands], Marauder PA Link

Telemechanics [96%]: 1d100:
76


Marauder Main Body: 200/440 MD
• Arms: 50/90 (L) | 50/90 (R)
• Legs: 115/175 (L) | 115/175 (R)
Force Field: 80/160 MD [OFF]
Erg Energy Field: 180/180 MD

Tyral flexes his hands as his gloves/Gauntlets of Mastery shift and adjust form as he looks around at those with their various spoils then straps the unclaimed dagger*** onto his thigh and climbs back into the Marauder.

Dwarven Enchanted Long Knife***
Image
• Damage: 2D6+8 M.D.C.
• Modifiers: +2 to Strike and Parry
• Lowers the requirement for a critical strike by two numbers (18-20)


If Echo indicates any incoming intercept-craft, Lahz will adjust course to maximize speed and the distance they are making on the way up-river towards the Bear-Nexus,"Deuce? Any chance of taking the Ship through to the Western ocean before we get company? ... "
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vinograd » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:24 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 17:
16

Just in Case: 1d20:
13
/1d100:
83

Conditions: None.

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 140/140
I.S.P.: 100/100
M.D.C.: 432/432


Viongrad is happy when a share of the loot is handed to him. Wish It was all mine, but I suppose that is the price I pay for having such powerful allies. Vinograd quickly puts on his new treasures and is pleased with their look on him. Now to acquire more power. Vinograd moves to the side of the ship and looks out over the land that is Crimea. Anyone who knows the physiology of dragons may be able to tell that Vinograd has a sad look on his face. [Dragonese/Elven]"I now leave my homeland for the last time, likely never to return. My mother never deemed it necessary to give me family or name, but the land of Crimea did both. Farewell homeland, I shall hold you forever in heart and name." Vinograd says in a low voice that is likely stolen by the wind. Shaking his head, Vino moves back to the group. (Language: American 1d100:
82
/52% Fail
) Vino seems perplexed and wanting to say something, but it appears he can't find the words. [Dragonese/Elven]"So were does our mission take us now. I have said my goodbyes to Crimea."
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vheld » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:41 am

JIC: 1d20:
20
, 1d100:
47

PER: 1d20+7 = 19:
12


Vheld Conditions
- Fly as the Eagle (424m00s remaining, +1p, +2d in flight).
- Invincible Armor (73m45s remaining, 225/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, -15% to physical skills, fully environmental, regen 1d6 MDC/melee).
- Nexus Proximity (3x spell range, duration, damage; can draw 20 PPE/melee; +2 save vs. magic/HF; +1 spell strength (opponents now need 17+ to save vs. Vheld's magic).
- Impervious to energy (Vheld/Brokswa; 49m45s remaining).
- Chromatic protection (Vheld/Brokswa; 22m45s remaining, failed save = blind, -10s/p/d, -4I for 1d4*3 melees, half duration for lesser supernatural).
- Charismatic Aura (38m15s remaining; Friendship/Trust invoked, Vheld gets +8 to PB, affects 180ft. radius).
- Tongues (79m00s remaining, understands/speaks all languages at 98%)
- X-ray vision (28m00s remaining, PFRPG P. 203)
- Brokswa invincible armor- 61m00s, 183/225 MDC remaining
- Other minions- 73m45s for Bel'Dar, 61m00s for Sshir invincible armor


As the loot is divided and no-one makes for the Battle Fury blade, Vheld takes it up and hands it to Sshir. "Use this for the time being. Stand ready to use it." He will then wordlessly return to the others to take part in the conversation- but aside from a nod to Minerva as she is introduced the shifter maintains his usual enigmatic silence. Any unclaimed magical loot Vheld will offer to take to the guild- it never hurts to get in good with them, but he couldn't care less about the gems (though he will have his minions load them up so that the group can sell them).

Lahz wrote:"Before we consider ditching this Ship, I'd like to propose seeing if we can get it through a Deuce-Portal out to the Open-Water on where we stopped over after that last little tangle ..."
Vheld speaks up, "Given enough time, and particularly if we make use of one of Crimea's nexuses, it should not be too difficult to open a rift large enough to accommodate the barge. Concern yourselves more with finding a place to park it back at MercTown."

Erg wrote:"Excellent, great job Vheld."
Vheld nods. A suspiciously easy summon. With a shrug, he says "I guess that covers it. Opening the Rift will take most of the last of my reserves- Carl you are sure we don't want to just go back to MercTown?" Should Vheld notice (or Echo point out) the contacts on their radar, Vheld will add "I think it best we be on our way."

Striding to the front of the barge, Vheld will open up a rift large enough to accommodate it- either heading towards the caves in Baja California, or to a field outside of MercTown that he normally uses for such things (depending on Carl's response). Vheld will have enough energy to open a second Rift afterwards, but he will be largely spent as a result and none-too-thrilled with that- thus if given the option the Shifter will prefer to head straight back to MercTown, but he will do as he is told.

Vinograd wrote:[Dragonese/Elven]"So were does our mission take us now. I have said my goodbyes to Crimea."
Feeling somewhat paternal towards the dragon, Vheld turns to Vino. "We need merely perform a small ritual to get back in touch with our... employer upon our return. Any additional bounty he wishes to bestow upon us can be shared, at which time you are free to take any path you choose."

"However, I suggest that you remain attached to our company. There will undoubtedly be a new mission soon, with its own excitement and rewards." And hopefully less ridiculously horrific than this one. "In addition to the material benefits continuing to work with us would provide, our base of operations is located within a sizable town that includes, among other things, a powerful mages' guild. Should you wish to join and advance your studies of the mystical arts I am confident that such could be arranged." If Minerva overhears, Vheld will add "The same applies to you, minus the guild I suppose."
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 197/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
2/3 charges on Vheld's and Sil's invincible armor talismans.
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Minerva » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Perception: 1d20:
3

JIC: 1d20:
20
/1d100:
16


Minerva watches as Vheld works his magic and summons Dr. Voidveil. Calling others to you with magic. That is extraordinary. This is a powerful group, indeed. Once the dust settles and she gets a look at what's left of Dr. Voidveil, she raises an eyebrow. "He is but a box with a head. Where is the rest of him?"

Losing interest in the good doctor, Minerva turns her attention to the loot on board the barge. She examines the cloak first. Tan suave y casi translúcida. Sin embargo, ofrece una gran protección. Este es un gran hallazgo. Next she slips on the Ring of Invisibility. ¿Puedo hacer con una chuchería lo que hago con mi gran mente? ¿Libre de gastos? ¡Excelente! Not wanting to waste a charge, she moves on to the next item, the Amulet of Armor of Ithan. Más protección. Esto es realmente una bendición. Gracias a los dioses por estos regalos y por mis nuevos amigos. ¡A muchas aventuras juntas! To anyone looking at her, she is visibly excited.

Done with the stuff, she moves on to the people. Willing her mind to alter her vision and see auras, she has some conversations with the teammates that she hasn't met yet to get an idea of who she is with. Minerva walks up to Whisper and says "You are Tarot? I am Diamond. How you like this group? You are only woman. They are..." she pauses for a moment to find her American words, "Good men?"

After her convo with Whisper, she goes to chat with Lahz. If she can see that he is a psychic, she'll nod to him and say "You have a strong mind. Glad I'm not alone. I am Minerva. Or Diamond, they told me. How old were you when you learned of your capabilities?"

Once she's done with Lahz, she goes to meet Erg. "Hello, I am Minerva. Your friends found me in the slimey thing that we destroyed together. I am from the Achilles' Republic where my brothers and sisters are Falcons and Capybara. Where are you from? And what do you do?"

Vheld wrote:"However, I suggest that you remain attached to our company. There will undoubtedly be a new mission soon, with its own excitement and rewards." And hopefully less ridiculously horrific than this one. "In addition to the material benefits continuing to work with us would provide, our base of operations is located within a sizable town that includes, among other things, a powerful mages' guild. Should you wish to join and advance your studies of the mystical arts I am confident that such could be arranged." If Minerva overhears, Vheld will add "The same applies to you, minus the guild I suppose."

Lastly, she overhears Vinograd and Vheld's conversation and nods to the man. "A sizable town would be wonderful. I wish for a motorcycle. And more enemies to hurt in their minds." She offers a genuine smile at the end which in any other group of folks might be a red flag.

Translations
Tan suave y casi translúcida. Sin embargo, ofrece una gran protección. Este es un gran descubrimiento.= So soft, and almost translucent. Yet it offers great protection. This is a great find.

¿Puedo hacer con una chuchería lo que hago con mi gran mente? ¿Libre de gastos? ¡Excelente! = I can do with a bauble what I do with my great mind? Free of expense? Excellent!

Más protección. Esto es realmente una bendición. Gracias a los dioses por estos regalos y por mis nuevos amigos. ¡A muchas aventuras juntas! = More protection. This is truly a blessing. Thank the gods for these gifts and for my new friends. To many adventures together!
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Echo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:59 pm

Perception: 1d20:
19
+3=22
JiC: 1d100:
97
//1d20:
7

Skills
Intelligence: 1d100:
60
/62%
Surveillance: 1d100:
39
/68%
Sensory Equipment: 1d100:
33
/68%
Detect Ambush: 1d100:
22
/63%
Concealment: 1d100:
18
/45%
Detect Concealment: 1d100:
80
/53%(Fail)



Echo takes a moment to examine the items procured, for both the dagger and the ring were beautiful pieces that the assassin would definitely incorporate into his current repertoire. He'll do a quick knife flick before sheathing the blade and securing it to his armor. He removes his left gauntlet to wear the wrong once its purpose is explained. His eyes glance to the crown, one of the unclaimed items, and he looks to the others. "That crown is slightly intriguing, the iron is a bit out of flavor but some of its properties are impressive." Echo remarks, but doesn't grab it.

While studying the curious monstrosity, Echo hears the surface radar go off, and can identify three incoming vessels coming in from the West, their route suggests they are not circling around from the Russian side but rather sailing directly from a point in the South and West. Echo realizes that this likely means they are Slavers' likely equipped with the very same gear and craft as the Spooks currently find themselves.


Echo's head darts to the horizon at the sound of the radar, Bloody hell we left our guard down. Echo internally scolds as he looks towards the west horizon and keys his radio, "Spooks, 3 airborne boogies coming from the west. Silhouettes mark them as slaver rigs, with each potentially as equip as we are. After this, engaging them directly isn't advisable. We should leave the area and plan our next move in a safer location." Echo states, offering his tactical appraisal of the situation. As they prep to leave, Echo will grab the crown if no one else does.

Vheld to Vino and Minerva wrote:"However, I suggest that you remain attached to our company. There will undoubtedly be a new mission soon, with its own excitement and rewards." .... "The same applies to you, minus the guild I suppose."

Echo looks to Vheld and adds, "I am not sure if our companion here can understand me, but if you'd be so kind Deuce, his powers are impressive; he'd be a valuable ally." Echo adds regarding Vinograd, but unable to express it to Vinograd directly hopes Vheld will.

To Minerva, when given the chance he will approach her and extend a hand, "We've not been properly introduced yet, I'm called Echo, or Seven in the field. You and your abilities are most impressive, should you choose to remain, you will make a fine ally." Echo remarks, but then moves on unless conversation is pressed.

Since Echo has no role in maneuvering the ship to safety or through the rift, he will find a perch near the top of one of the towers/masts/spires of the hovercraft and examine the horizon.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Carl » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:24 am

Perception: 1d20+9 = 26:
17

JIC D20:1d20:
2
; D100: 1d100:
48


Condition: Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Defender (ring):Protection from Undead, +1 save Protection from Spell Magic/Psionics Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining), 15 min duration); (Sunglasses)Impervious to Energy talisman, 0 use remaining (lv5)

Carl looks at the armor, *Nice! Now I do not need Erg to make the modifications to my current armor, but I will need to see if he can add a force field to my new one.* He puts on the ring that was identified as "Defender". *Another protection item to add to my collection.* After shuffling through the loot, he turns his attention to the summoning.
SNAFU wrote:While recouping on the boat the Spooks watch Vheld perform his summoning ritual. This time, as Vheld reaches out, he can definitely find and connect to his target. Perhaps his reality shifting powers had interfered the first time, but whatever the reason, it no longer hampers the ritual.

Once Dr. Voidveil materializes before you realize why his powers might no longer be interfering with Vheld's Magic.... There is simply not enough left of him.

Obviously, in order to contain him, the Russians have employed cybernetic containment techniques similar to those the CS uses on magic-users. Except in this case Voidveils entire body has been replaced with grey-metal box which contains what remains of the good Doctor.

"I like it when someone makes our job easier. I wonder what they did with his body, but the head should satisfy our contract."
Vheld wrote:With a shrug, he says "I guess that covers it. Opening the Rift will take most of the last of my reserves- Carl you are sure we don't want to just go back to MercTown?" Should Vheld notice (or Echo point out) the contacts on their radar, Vheld will add "I think it best we be on our way."

Striding to the front of the barge, Vheld will open up a rift large enough to accommodate it- either heading towards the caves in Baja California, or to a field outside of MercTown that he normally uses for such things (depending on Carl's response). Vheld will have enough energy to open a second Rift afterwards, but he will be largely spent as a result and none-too-thrilled with that- thus if given the option the Shifter will prefer to head straight back to MercTown, but he will do as he is told.

*Now that everything is taking care of it would be nice to get back to town right now, but the ship is too valuable to just leave without stripping it, the greedy part of me just cannot leave it behind without at least seeing what we can get from it.* "Take us to the caves so we can at least put the ship somewhere for later savage."
Echo wrote:Echo internally scolds as he looks towards the west horizon and keys his radio, "Spooks, 3 airborne boogies coming from the west. Silhouettes mark them as slaver rigs, with each potentially as equip as we are. After this, engaging them directly isn't advisable. We should leave the area and plan our next move in a safer location."
Knowing how Vheld feels about slavers, Carl cuts his eyes to the Shifter to see how he reacts to the news; seeing that he is still under control, Carl says, "Yea. lets go."
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Whisper » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:17 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 18:
16

Just in Case d20: 1d20:
15
;JIC d100: 1d100:
75


Whisper frowns at Minerva's American.
"Yeah, I'm Tarot. Good men? Well...honorable enough for mercs, ya know?"
She shakes her head slightly at the group's reliance on magic and the immediate division of the loot.

Hope it don't bite us in the ass., she thinks, wondering if such a crutch is really necessary.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

PreviousNext

Return to Adventure Archives: Spooks Squad

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests