Souq Street

Soniua is the wellspring of opportunity! If a deal is to be done, no doubt here is where it will happen. This district is a sprawl of conference centers, business offices, retail establishments, wholesalers, you name it! If it can be bought or sold, this is where to find it!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Souq Street

Postby Augur » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:56 am

Souq Street is a curious commercial experience in its own right. Souq Street is actually an entire neighborhood of streets divided into specialized sections dealing in specific types of product each usually housed in a few narrow streets and named after the product it specializes in such as the gold souq, the fabric souq, the spice souq, the leather souq, the book souq, etc. This promotes competition among sellers and helps buyers easily compare prices. Most commonly sold commercial products are available on Souq Street.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Re: Souq Street

Postby Rosseyn » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:31 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 7+3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 50

Conditions:
PDR dominance: Soniua, Oron, Hykri

Nova arrive to Souq Street and looks around at the various specialty sections. "Damn, you really can get everything here." he says to himself in Pilian. He begins walking around, looking for the Electronics Souq that was recommended to him by the concierge. Let's get something not too fancy, but with a little security. I bet I could find all kinds of fun stuff in this place...

Once he finds the Electronics Souq, he tries to narrow it down to a booth with communications devices. Earpieces, hand held radios, whatever they might have, he's interested in.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119

Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:05 am

Rosseyn wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d20+1 = 7+3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 12/Original post: 1d100 = 50

Conditions:
PDR dominance: Soniua, Oron, Hykri

Nova arrive to Souq Street and looks around at the various specialty sections. "Damn, you really can get everything here." he says to himself in Pilian. He begins walking around, looking for the Electronics Souq that was recommended to him by the concierge. Let's get something not too fancy, but with a little security. I bet I could find all kinds of fun stuff in this place...

Once he finds the Electronics Souq, he tries to narrow it down to a booth with communications devices. Earpieces, hand held radios, whatever they might have, he's interested in.

Conditions:
Time: Day 46; 1100 Local

Rosseyn eventually finds his way to the electronics souq by way of various advertisements, signs, and help from an occasional stranger. The Souq Street district is quite busy with countless people afoot window-shopping, haggling, barkers yelling out the virtues of their wares and great values from innumerable stalls and fronted establishments, and generally a vast throng of people going to and fro engaged in commerce. When he finds his way to the street where the electronics souq is located (it's more of a cul-de-sac in reality), his senses are assaulted by recording devices, security systems, and automated defenses beyond count. Also the sheer volume of active electronics simply overwhelms his senses. It's only a few moments before he's forced to close his mind to all the sensory input lest he develop an insane headache or have an aneurysm or something. TGE Class One Security Robots are ubiquitous among the throng of shoppers. Every imaginable electronic gadget he can imagine is available and advertised here. Compact Aberrant Bio-Energy Dampers are also advertised, but not displayed as the price tag on these devices generally hovers around a million credits each.

After some time using his mundane senses to get a feel for the souq, "Magolar's Electronics Emporium" catches Rosseyn's eye. Entering the neon-framed glass and steel entrance, Rosseyn makes his way through a number of small clusters of people to find what he's looking for in various areas of the store. Every imaginable piece of communications gear is either on display or advertised as available for purchase, as well as countless accessories for those items.

(Just let me know what, in specific, you're looking for and I'll work up some stats for such, and provide a price based on your ability to negotiate/haggle. If you lack a skill in such, your M.A. is your fall-back stat.)
Augur
Admin

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 12 (ignoring enhanced senses)
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 84

Hard to think in this place. Maybe I should have sent someone else... Once he tunes out his enhanced senses, Rosseyn is able to look around the store and find some things that interest him. He first takes out his Premier DRO Card to check the status of this particular vendor. Rosseyn then inqures about the price and range of the video communicator wristbands in both basic and satelite uplink varieties. (AU: GG page 152). And then about the more mundane Ear Mike Radio Receiver and Transmitters (HU:2 page 344).
Current Details

Current Gear:
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:44 am

Conditions:
Time: Day 46; 1130 Local

Rosseyn blanks out for a bit before he is able to look around the store effectively. The Premier DRO Card, when he checks, shows this establishment to be dark blue (quite good) in rating color. Rosseyn then inquires after technical and price details of some common and popular communications devices.

VidComm Watch (Range: typically around 2 miles, VHF 250mhz) -- 750 credits
Code: Select all
[b]VidComm Watch[/b] [size=85](Range: typically around 2 miles, VHF 250mhz)[/size]

VidComm Watch Deluxe (Range: typically around 2 miles, VHF 250mhz, includes satlink) -- 1500 credits
[b]VidComm Watch Deluxe[/b] [size=85](Range: typically around 2 miles, VHF 250mhz, includes satlink)[/size]

Wearable Communicator (Range: typically less than 1 mile, VHF 150mhz) -- 750 credits typically available as either an earpiece, headset, or glasses/goggles
[b]Wearable Communicator[/b] [size=85](Range: typically less than 1 mile, VHF 150mhz)[/size]

Hand Held Personal Computer (HHPC) Gloves -- 2500 credits
    This pair of fingerless gloves contains a personal computer able to make wireless connections with local data networks. One glove is configured to be the processing unit while the other is the primary interface unit (PIU).
    The holographic interface is manipulable via the PIU and also via voice command in all of the major trade languages. Range: typically around 1 mile, 900mhz
[b]Hand Held Personal Computer (HHPC) Gloves[/b]
[list][size=75]This pair of fingerless gloves contains a personal computer able to make wireless connections with local data networks.  One glove is configured to be the processing unit while the other is the primary interface unit (PIU).
The holographic interface is manipulable via the PIU and also via voice command in all of the major trade languages. Range: typically around 1 mile, 900mhz[/size][/list]
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/tjarksn/HHPCGlove.jpg[/img]

GM NOTE: If you choose to purchase any of these items, simply copy and paste the appropriate item code (below each item) and paste it into the appropriate gear post, and then deduct the appropriate sum from your card. If this is all you wish to purchase at this location, post your exit post along with what you've decided to purchase, and proceed to your next destination thread.
Augur
Admin

Postby Rosseyn » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:12 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 12 (ignoring enhanced senses)
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 39

Rosseyn purchases 6 of the VidComm Watch Deluxe, pays the clerk 9000 credits and takes off back to the hotel.
Current Details

Current Gear:
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Gateways (0/15):
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:03 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 22
JiC D20: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: 1d100 = 8

H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Merged to Hacking PC

Cairo arrives in the Mercantile District and finds his way towards the Electronics Souq so that he can try to track down Ryden's requested gear with a bit of annoyed internal dialogue running in the background, **He acts like it's a bad idea to pick up flash grenades that we know have been effective on a guy that's been all over us like a cheap suit ... but Brainiac asks for a stack of weird ass tech that'll probably run 50 times as much and he doesn't bat an eyelash. Sometimes Nova's a dumbass ... or maybe I'm just not respected in this outfit yet.**

CJ takes a seat on a bench and drops 1 hand into his backpack to merge to his Hacking Computer and tapping into GT's wireless network to do a bit of comparison shopping. He's looking first for current Kassan Visor/Glasses Styles, and then to price out the capabilities and prospective vendors for the optics requested by Brainiac.

Computer Operations [125% (+25% from Link)]: 1d100 = 50
Research [65%]: 1d100 = 26, 1d100 = 12

Once completed, the PA Pilot will in-merge and head for whichever store that seems to be best customer-rated for pricing and service and heads in, "Hi there, I am looking for ..."

[1] VidComm Watch Deluxe (Range: typically around 2 miles, VHF 250mhz, includes satlink) (price above)
[1] Kassan-Style Multi-Optics Light-Adjusting Visor with HUD and Wireless Capabilities

Brainiac Cost Estimate wrote:Multi-Optic Glasses: Optics Glasses, 4300 credits (Merc Ops 119)
VR Goggles, 2000 credits (HU: GG p. 151)
HUD/Wireless Receiving element, ?
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Gilina » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:59 pm

Noran's Encrypted Text wrote:Soria. If you are Receiving, please confirm your status. We had a run in with a repeat-hostile.

Soria's Encrypted Text wrote:Status: Operational. Everything is clear here. Do you need backup?
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:35 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception (+5): Original post: 1d20+5 = 22
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 8

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air

Standing in the Electronics shop, Cairo feels an incoming message to his communicator and glances down:

Soria's Encrypted Text wrote:Status: Operational. Everything is clear here. Do you need backup?

**Hehehe it looks like Sleeping-Beauty finally woke the frak up** he momentarily merges and kicks back a humorous message.

Encrypted Text from CJ wrote:If I did, your response time would not inspire hehehe :wink:
Aldric & the Others are interviewing a prospective asset.
There should be a new SMG for you in a case in our room, we couldn't find any Ribbon or bows.
I am completing some other acquisitions.
I will pick you up shortly, you can assist.

He then turns back to the Clerk hoping to finish out the transaction without too much delay.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:48 am

Cairo wrote:[1] VidComm Watch Deluxe (Range: typically around 2 miles, VHF 250mhz, includes satlink) (price above)
[1] Kassan-Style Multi-Optics Light-Adjusting Visor with HUD and Wireless Capabilities

Brainiac Cost Estimate wrote:Multi-Optic Glasses: Optics Glasses, 4300 credits (Merc Ops 119)
VR Goggles, 2000 credits (HU: GG p. 151)
HUD/Wireless Receiving element, ?

CJ filters the flood of results that come back to him. There are a variety of glasses, goggles, and visors with various capabilities, but not one example can be found where a unit incorporates both VR and multi-optics. The two technologies seem incompatible, or at the least, non-complementary in their utility. Wireless capability is a common enough feature, and adds about a thousand credits on average to various models. There is no model or general style of optics items unique to or indicative of Kassan fashion preferences. Kassans do seem to prefer glasses and visors to goggles though based on various customer feedback reviews of various items.

• Multi-Optic Glasses: 4,000 credits (Merc Ops 119)
  • Multi-Optic Visor: 4,500 credits (Merc Ops 119)
  • Multi-Optic Goggles: 5,000 credits (Merc Ops 119)
    • VR immersion is not an available feature.
    • Add an 1,000 credits to price for wireless transceiver.
    • Add an 1,500 credits to price for wireless + HUD/overlay feature.
    • Wireless and HUD allows for team optics networking with a master computer controlling the network, as well as augmented data overlays IRL.

• VR Glasses: 2,000 credits (HU: GG p. 151)
  • VR Visor: 2,500 credits (HU: GG p. 151)
  • VR Goggles: 3,000 credits (HU: GG p. 151)
    • Wireless + HUD/overlay is a standard feature.
    • VR optics allow for VR immersion as well as augmented data overlays IRL.
    • Multi-optics, or any other variety of optic perception, is not an available feature.
Augur
Admin

Postby Halko » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:12 am

Percep: 1d20+2 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 13

Halko walks along with Cairo, staying fairly quiet as the two men make their way back to the Mercantile District, and thinking about their best method of making some extra money. The arena seems quick and easy, but a bit too flashy and out in the open. We'd be exposing ourselves and who knows what kind of information they'd demand about the fighter before they'd let someone compete. Jujack would likely be our best option to fight. Offer the least amount of questions...to us at least. FRAK, that scan we had to do as we came on station. I bet that thing was comprehensive enough to ID us as Arismal. Zed prolly had someone on the take to ID us if we ever tried to come on station. Maybe we should slip down to the docks and see if we could grease a few hands for info on that big frakker.

Halko gives a little chuckle and leans over to Cairo, "I've got an idea. We should swing by the docks when we're done here. In a place like this, I bet we could buy some info on our big friend. But first, I'd like to stop by the weapons shop. Turns out I wasn't told not to buy flash grenades and I still have my full card. I could probably pick up a couple, just in case, without putting too big a dent in my funds." Halko gives the man another grin as he wonders if the Officer will let him do what he's thinking.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
Halko

Postby Cairo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 12
JiC D20: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: 1d100 = 94

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air

Selecting from the options available, Cairo hands off his DRO Card & Credit Card to complete the purchase of:

[1] Light-Adjusting Multi-Optic Visor: 4,500 credits (Merc Ops 119)
  • Add an 1,500 credits to price for wireless + HUD/overlay feature.

[1] VR Visor: 2,500 credits (HU: GG p. 151)

[1] VidComm Watch Deluxe (Range: typically around 2 miles, VHF 250mhz, includes satlink): 1,500 Credits
    Estimated Total: 8,500 credits [Please Confirm]

The PA Pilot then turns back to his larger compatriot (Backlash) clearly impressed, "That's flipping brilliant. Both of those. Let's pick up our 3rd person, but those should definitely be on our list ... "
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:23 pm

[rolls held]

Halko smiles and gives Cairo a nod, "I'm glad you like the ideas. I was worried I might end up on report." He steps back a bit and lets Cairo take care of the purchases for Ryden.

When Fang makes his selections and pays for Ryden's new gear, Halko says, "Lets go get our plus one and see if we can't old school some intell out of a dock master. Though a dock hand might be cheaper. I think Brainiac would crap himself if we got this done low tech." He gives a little chuckle as they wait on the clerk to come back with the purchases.

Halko muses as he waits, Aside from the idea, I don't really have the skills set for snooping. I guess I'm back to being the intimidation factor and Sleeping Beauty can be the distraction.
Current Details

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
Halko

Postby Augur » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:07 pm

Multi-Optic Visor
[size=85]• Polarized lenses
• Passive IR Nightvision: 300'
• Thermal-Imaging: 300'
• x3 Telescopic magnification
• Integrated Wireless HUD[/size]

Cost: 6,000 credits

[b]VidComm Watch Deluxe[/b] [size=85](Range: typically around 2 miles, VHF 250mhz, includes satlink)[/size]

Cost: 1,500 credits

VR Visor
[size=85]• Integrated Wireless HUD
• Modifiers: +1 to Strike in a RES[/size]

Cost: 2,500 credits

Total: 10,000 credits
Augur
Admin

Postby Cairo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:17 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 8
JiC D20: 1d20 = 15
JiC D100: 1d100 = 23

Cairo frowns for a second as he recomputes the Math over in his head and comes close to a face-palm moment, then rolls his eyes and hand's over his DRO Card & Credit Card to deduct 10k. Stuffing the items into his backpack, the Pilot turns to Halko as they start to walk out, "On Report, pfffft ... That is, didn't you buy some Flash-Bangs a while ago? I thought I heard you asking about them back when they were looking at suits ... but I'm not totally sure." Stepping down an alley and off the main street, CJ steps up onto a Force-Disc (and once Halko has stepped up) lifts off so that they can head back to their own rooms in the Novoo Industrial Sector, at the Kelvin Hotel on Spacer Street ...
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:36 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 53

Halko grins at Cairo, Oh, this is going to be fun. Lets see, how can I set this up....Ah yes.

Halko follows Fang's lead, "Yeah, I placed an order the last time we went shopping. I just need to swing back by there and pick it up. Though I was smart about it and didn't prepay, just in case we had to head out or something."

Halko chuckles a bit when Fang conjures up the force disk, "Must be nice to have you're own transportation....and you don't even have to pay for valet parking." He goes ahead and climbs up on to the force disk and lets Cairo maneuver them back to their rooms at the Novoo Industrial Sector, at the Kelvin Hotel on Spacer Street.
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Image ImageImage
Halko

Postby Niall » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:59 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 23

JIC 1d20 = 15
1d100 = 35

Niall will arrive at Souq Street with ryden and Nova.

"I think all we needed was chocolates, and bath stuff for sensitive skin, right? And FIN accounts. Should be easy enough."

Niall will look for sweet shops and purchase a box of chocolates, and look for bath shops to purchase a 6 month supply of hand and face lotion, body wash, shampoo and conditioner for sensitive skin.

Turning to Ryden, he says "I trust you can swing the FIN accounts?" With a smirk that says he knows he's talking to the best man for that job.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Captain Cardea » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:03 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2057

When the group enters the district, Niall is the first one to speak up. "I think all we needed was chocolates, and bath stuff for sensitive skin, right? And FIN accounts. Should be easy enough." Turning to Ryden, he says "I trust you can swing the FIN accounts?" Ryden just stands there unresponsive. He seems to have heard the question but still just looks around. Not waiting around for a response, the trio heads off to the nearest shop. The first stop is the skin care shop. As they step into the shop, smells of lotions and perfumes fills the air. There is one customer already being helped. A lovely young female, from behind the counter on their right, greets them. ”Good afternoon. How may help you today? Looking for something in particular?

What are your intentions?
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master

Postby Niall » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:08 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 25 (SUCCESS)

JIC 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 47

probably alien female wrote:”Good afternoon. How may help you today? Looking for something in particular?"

Niall smiles at her, despite his natural misgivings. "I certainly hope so... looking to get some bath supplies for ... a lady friend. She's got sensitive skin, so I want to get her a good range of products. Shampoo, lotions, body wash, conditioner... you know. That kind of thing." Niall frowns, remembering that CJ bought some hygiene kits back at the TGE Emporium. He turns to Rosseyn. "Were those hygiene kits from TGE for sensitive skin? I don't recall specifying. Did anybody check?" Whatever... anything we don't need becomes fleet currency I guess.

Turning back to the alien shopgirl, he adds, "So yeah... we're looking for products for sensitive skin."
Current Details
ImageImage
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
S.D.C. by Location:
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor

FAS Tier 1
S.D.C. by Location:
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Captain Cardea » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:24 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2052.25

With a smile Niall answers the young shop girl. "I certainly hope so... looking to get some bath supplies for ... a lady friend. She's got sensitive skin, so I want to get her a good range of products. Shampoo, lotions, body wash, conditioner... you know. That kind of thing. Frowning, he turns to Rosseyn. "Were those hygiene kits from TGE for sensitive skin? I don't recall specifying. Did anybody check?" Waiting a bit but not receiving an answer, Niall turns back to shop girl. "So yeah... we're looking for products for sensitive skin."

” Yes, I believe I can help you out with that. Just give me a minute to go get you some samples and variations. If you’ll excuse me, I’ll be right back.” The shop girl gives the group a smile and turns away to go into the back storage room. After a few minutes the shop girl comes back with a tray loaded down with a variety of products. ”As you can see, we have a wide range of products. We have a range from low-cost to your more exotic types. What type of budget are we looking at or are you looking at more quantity than quality?”

What are your intentions?
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master

Postby Rosseyn » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 82/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 51

Conditions
:arrow: Obsession: Loves the opposite sex.

How was I in two places at once? Wait. That man explained the whole thing. And Red and Mee-Ah-Rin were both there. Damn, if that weren't the weirdest mission I've been on in a while, I would have liked to have spent some time with her. Them. Both of them. Shit. We're shopping. Rosseyn's eyes dart between the faces of those present before he hears Niall repeat his question.
Niall/Vanko wrote:He turns to Rosseyn. "Were those hygiene kits from TGE for sensitive skin? I don't recall specifying. Did anybody check?"

"I'm not sure. Let's get these just in case."
lovely alien girl wrote:”As you can see, we have a wide range of products. We have a range from low-cost to your more exotic types. What type of budget are we looking at or are you looking at more quantity than quality?”

Well, if there were ever someone to take my mind off of Red, this might be it. Rosseyn looks the shop girl in her eyes and flirtatiously steps a little closer. "We're just a bunch of men. We don't really know about this kind of stuff. What, uh, what would you suggest?" Rosseyn makes sure to play up his 'interest' in her opinion about facial care products. (Seduction: EP Crit)

Once he has her interest, he says "Sweetie, what I need is a six month supply of the good stuff. What kinda deal can you cut me? Seeing as how we're close friends and all now."
Current Details

Current Gear:
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Gateways (0/15):
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Niall » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:34 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 90

JIC 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 14

Rosseyn wrote:"I'm not sure. Let's get these just in case."

Niall nods. "All right... good plan."

shopgirl wrote:”As you can see, we have a wide range of products. We have a range from low-cost to your more exotic types. What type of budget are we looking at or are you looking at more quantity than quality?”

Niall begins to speak up but stops as Rosseyn speaks.

Rosseyn wrote:"We're just a bunch of men. We don't really know about this kind of stuff. What, uh, what would you suggest?... Sweetie, what I need is a six month supply of the good stuff. What kinda deal can you cut me? Seeing as how we're close friends and all now."

Ah... I see what's going on here... Nova's trying to get with this alien chick. Niall smirks.

He turns to Nova. "Thanks, Aldric. Soria will really appreciate this, because I'm worthless at picking out this stuff." There... now she'll think these are for "my" girl, and not his.

He turns back to the shopgirl and smiles. "She keeps complaining that our bath products are too harsh for her skin, so I wanna get something she'll like... that won't break the bank. Y'know? Aldric here agreed to help me out, because he's a great guy." He puts his hand on Nova's shoulder in a friendly manner.

Lore: Alien ☞ 65% 1d100 = 61 (What species is this girl? - SUCCESS)
Invoke Trust ☞ 15% 1d100 = 47 (wingman skillz? FAIL LOL)
Current Details
ImageImage

ADF Standard Armor
S.D.C. by Location:
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor

FAS Tier 1
S.D.C. by Location:

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Ryden » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:20 pm

Perception 1d100 = 51/83%
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 71

When the First In came back from that mission to Phorilla, things had changed in the fleet. New armor had been rolled out to the crew, and liberty was called for. He'd begun to make headway with Miwa, but she also warned him about the danger the problems in command were allowing to happen as they split over ideologies. Not that either of them would have predicted things would go the way they had. The crew was just starting to relax when the unthinkable happened. The Atorians had found the fleet. The Bait and Switch, under the command of Speckles, had performed admirably, but she got pounded into dirt. They had to effect a hard landing that jarred people out of inebriation. "That is why we don't go declaring war on the stars' damned Atorian Empire," he said at the time, and he felt it was true still. Joining the FAR would give an outlet to the warmongers and protection for the rest of their endangered race.

Then came the mission to press-gang some of the best and brightest civilians into service for the Fleet. That went swimmingly. If it hadn't been for Wallace Mikko, the famous test pilot, or Mykhailo Glaw, an aquatic systems engineer witht he power to become water, who formerly worked for the planetary council, their situation would have been MUCH worse. Severina Jeļena was every bit the hot head and agitator her profile had said she would be. She damn near had the crowd ready to riot. But Mikko and Glaw had saved their asses.

Their next mission was a hunt for water, organic mass, and possibly habitable worlds. What they found was not what they expected. The Suha, Hesperos, and Chandrakant systems all sounded non-descript at the start. Suha held nothing but an old comm satellite orbiting a world that had been nuked by old fission based munitions. Hersperos had a pirate base on it that dealt with Grymdin, though that name had meant nothing at the time. About the only thing we got was a possible forward base and a few Arismal POWs, including one product of genetic mutation, Fang.

Niall wrote:He turns back to the shopgirl and smiles. "She keeps complaining that our bath products are too harsh for her skin, so I wanna get something she'll like... that won't break the bank. Y'know? Aldric here agreed to help me out, because he's a great guy." He puts his hand on Nova's shoulder in a friendly manner.

Ryden breaks from his reverie at the antics of his shipmates. Ryden says nothing as the other two ham it up. Instead he's casually doing research on products, looking for information on products and pricing, so he can ensure they are not taken in by a sweet, but swindling clerk alert enough to realize that a couple of guys, probably Kassan, one trying to get in her pants and another trying to stay in the pants of another, will make good marks for her salescraft. If the prices go beyond 5 or 10% of the expected price (and he'll err high to be safe), he'll transmit the correct price to their watches as SPAM mail about it.

Research 108%/1d100 = 46 to find info on various products. PASS!
Intelligence 69%/1d100 = 52 to do some very fast market research. PASS!
Mental Disciplines - Speed Reader: The character can read seventeen pages per minute. Just as important, the character comprehends and remembers what he is reading clearly.
Art 68%/1d100 = 79 Which one would the COMMO visually enjoy as well as enjoy the effects of? Ryden will consider his own technophile mother's tastes when considering that. FAIL - lovely lol
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Captain Cardea » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:32 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 49, 2102.75

Niall turns to Rosseyn. "Were those hygiene kits from TGE for sensitive skin? I don't recall specifying. Did anybody check?" Rosseyn looks around before answering. "I'm not sure. Let's get these just in case." With an approving nod, Niall responds."All right... good plan." When the shop girl returns to the counter she speaks up. ”As you can see, we have a wide range of products. We have a range from low-cost to your more exotic types. What type of budget are we looking at or are you looking at more quantity than quality?” Rossyen is the first one to respond to the shop girl. "We're just a bunch of men. We don't really know about this kind of stuff. What, uh, what would you suggest? Niall chips in, doing his best to play his part. "Thanks, Aldric. Soria will really appreciate this, because I'm worthless at picking out this stuff." Rossyen answers the shop girl with infatuating smile. Giving it his best effort, Rosseyn lays it down, heavy on the macking. "Sweetie, what I need is a six month supply of the good stuff. What kinda deal can you cut me? Seeing as how we're close friends and all now." Niall adds in, making their cover a little more slid. "She keeps complaining that our bath products are too harsh for her skin, so I wanna get something she'll like... that won't break the bank. Y'know? Aldric here agreed to help me out, because he's a great guy." After a couple of minutes with some flirtatious exchange of words and looks, the trio acquired what they were looking for and at a decent discount.
During the transaction, the trio receive an encrypted message from the other half of their squad. Arena Mission Complete. Bet better have paid off. Will need a couple days to heal up. After they receive the message and finish the transaction, they eventually rendezvous with the other squad mates at The Portal, in the Soniua Mercantile District.
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master

Return to Soniua Mercantile District