[MW V] The Belly of the Beast

The Battle for Center has begun! Fight for your lives, and the fate of the Three Galaxies!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

[MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Dark Lord » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:33 am

The aperture-sphincter slid open with a wet, organic sound. Halthhag stalked through it, his foul mood radiating off him so intensely the various sub-demons and Cormal-critters immediately picked up on it and scurried out of the Star General’s way. All save for one annoying gargoylite, too busy futzing around with some piece of trivia to notice. The Halthhag didn’t even slow his pace as he separated the impediment’s head from its shoulders, continuing on towards his inner sanctum.

Word must have spread quickly. The subsequent tunnels were all cleared of life, beyond Cormal’s standard defensive organisms. Even in his rage, Halthhag would not be so foolish as to take his frustrations out on them.

For 5,000 years, Center and Phase World had stood as a shining beacon of power, freedom, and civilization. Undaunted, unconquered among the Three Galaxies and the Megaverse as a whole. Halthhag had spent months preparing his strategy, moving his troops into position, carefully cultivating allies and distractions, and marshalling his own personal power. He had personally overrun more than half of the city, not counting the derelict parts beneath the surface. His forces had overrun Gateland, and walked the hallways of the very heart of Center’s defenses!

And they had failed.

Some bizarre piece of alien crap had sealed off part of Level 1 in the early hours of the invasion. Instead of his forces overrunning the manors, they were stalled- giving those accursed rich aristocrats time to mobilize their private armies and push him back. How can you predict something like that happening? He had accounted for so many variables, but hadn’t thought to inventory every damn vault in the place. Even that might not have been the end of it- but what followed was a cascade of failures and missed opportunities. Somehow, the defenders were able to sabotage Gateland, cutting off Halthhag’s reinforcements. Command and Control somehow resisted the efforts of that fool Ving to take control of their systems, and then the thrice-damned Splugorth showed up and helped break the siege! Fucking technology. As if that wasn’t disastrous enough, the Prometheans recovered enough to start killing off the invasion’s senior leadership- all but one of his body doubles was killed, and Halthhag had had to retreat from his own invasion.

A leaderless demonic horde, cut off and surrounded, and trapped in an urban environment that favored the mortals and their cowardly tactics was far from the well-oiled machine Halthhag had envisioned conquering the greatest prize in the Megaverse. Center was lost. But the Three Galaxies had a great many consolation prizes to offer.

Halthhag strode through the final aperture-sphincter and into the eldritch glow of his sanctum. Finally sheathing his sword, he approached the Book of Cormal. Bathed in the light of Cormal’s very heart (soul?), the sensation was warm and not unpleasant. At least, not for him.

A savage smile stole over Halthhag’s face for the first time in days. It was time for the Three Galaxies to learn the true power of the demon planets.


After a few minutes milling about in the organized (albeit jubilant) chaos that is Center Command and Control in the wake of the lifted siege, and aide finally recognizes both teams. The aide informs Baron, ”I am afraid, sir, that we must ask you to park your robot vehicle in our designated holding area, as the area in which the briefing will be conducted. Do not worry, the area is now completely secure.” After summoning a second aide, who leads Baron to what amounts to a futuristic parking lot beneath ground level, you are all collected and brought to a conference room a few levels up.

There, a familiar face awaits you- none other than Chef Icky. As Corbulo is absent for several minutes still, you have time to sit and converse. There are even food and drink available- little beyond hard rations and bottled water, but a small fruit platter was also apparently scrounged up and placed in the corner. Chef Icky is able to reveal that his mission primarily involved providing intelligence on the various species of deevil assisting in the counter-offensive, and keeping Center’s defenders apprised of any surprises that they might have in store. Apparently, Center has been running low on mages and others with scholarly expertise, and settled for a ground-pounder with more ‘hands-on’ experience. Icky’s assignment was surprisingly (perhaps even disappointingly), light on action, and he has little to offer that can compete with your action-packed goings-on.

Eventually Corbulo enters, nods, and instructs everyone ”Please, take a seat.” The commander follows suit, punches a few buttons on a keypad in his armrest, and summons a holographic display in the middle of the conference table. For the moment, it remains quiet.

”I have good news and bad news. The good news is, thanks in no small part to your efforts, the demonic invasion of Center is falling to pieces. With its leaders gone, its reinforcements cut off, and a more-or-less unified defense that even seems to include the Splugorth” Corbulo’s face screws up in distaste, ”they’ve lost their ability to inflict serious, organized harm on the city. Of course, I’m sure I don’t have to tell you that the fight has far from left them, and even disorganized they can still do a lot of damage within the city and to its inhabitants. The situation is contained, but it will likely be months if not years before we scrub the city completely clean of this filth, and that’s assuming none of them go to ground on the lower levels. We just got a fresh batch of supplies off of Naruni’s assembly line, and we’re throwing them all at the front. But that brute force operation is not ideally suited to a group with your diverse talents.”

”Which brings me to the bad news. Halthhag and one of his body doubles managed to teleport away. He could very well have gone home to Hades, but intel suggests otherwise.” He punches a couple buttons on his armrest, and the holographic display unit flares to life.

The image before you could initially be mistaken as a brownish planetoid- until you see the massive, fanged mouth on one side. Ringed with a mass of tentacles, each one about as long as the mouth itself, the mess looks like something out of a deranged bio-wizard’s nightmare. The rest of the planet’s surface is dotted with pink craters and a variety of bony spines- all with a distinctly organic feel. ”This is the demon planet Cormal.” Corbulo begins.

OOC wrote:Skill check time
Post a galactic lore skill roll. If you succeed by at least 5%, you have heard about demon planets and know all of the rumors about them- see the first paragraph under their description on P. 99, DB6. If you succeed by at least 20%, you know the rest of the general demon planet write-up (P. 99-100, obviously no stats or anything). If you succeed by at least 40%, you also know some general information about the defensive organisms typically found on demon planets (P. 101-104, again no stats). Keep this roll in mind- I won't call for additional skill checks latter on on this subject.


Corbulo continues. ”Cormal emerged from the rift at Kotus Point at the exact same time the demonic invasion began here on Center. Anyone want to bet that that’s a coincidence?” Corbulo makes a rhetorical show of looking for hands. ”I didn’t think so. The fact is, something has been brewing at Kotus Point for a long time. Even the Prometheans were concerned, so they sent a ship to keep an eye on it.”

The commander pauses for effect. ”I cannot emphasize strongly enough how much of a threat Cormal is to the Three Galaxies. A single demon planet can decimate entire space fleets- not only is Cormal supposedly the biggest one in existence, but it can make more. Potentially, we’re talking about the end of civilization as we know it.”

”Our Promethean psychics have been analyzing the debris left behind after your battle with Halthhag’s body doubles. The ones that didn’t go insane had visions of Halthhag in a place that looked an awful lot like the interior of a Demon Planet. It makes sense to assume that it’s Cormal. Why the damn thing is helping the demons of Hades, I have no idea, but Halthhag must have some way of communicating with or controlling it. That’s where you come in.”

”Command is putting together a strike force. Every troop that we can spare from the cleanup efforts here on Center is being loaded onto ships and sent to Kotus Point. Fortunately, the Prometheans dispatched one of their heavy cruisers to take a look months ago. They’ve been reporting on events there, and are currently in the process of rallying all survivors and trying to launch a counter-offensive. There’s no chance of destroying Cormal- not with what we have on-site. That means a ground infiltration. We’re sending your team in as support, with two overarching objectives. First, find Halthhag and kill him. Second, find whatever he used to get Cormal to ally with him, and either destroy it or retrieve it. Whatever it is, it’s liable to magical, powerful, and filthy-evil. So be careful.”

”Cormal currently has massive orbital defenses in place. Demon fleets, many of them ships we’ve never seen before. Allied forces on-site will engage them, but at this point it’s anyone’s guess how that will go. We’re sending you and as many troops as we can spare in stealth drop ships. The Promethean cruiser set up a small phase gate at Kotus Point, and your ships will both have phase transceivers. So teleport in, avoid the defenses, do your thing on the surface, and get the hell out. Field commanders at Kotus Point will have marching orders for you- when you arrive you’ll be assigned a sector to assist where you can support the main assault.”

Corbulo taps another button, and the display changes.
Ship.jpg
Ship.jpg (39.25 KiB) Viewed 4027 times


”These are the schematics for a modified, Star Ghost-Class Promethean Fighter. You may not recognize them, because ever since the Intruders arrived on the scene and caused a run on phase tech one of these fighters tends to cost more than a small planet. Life support and cargo space have been roughly doubled from the commercial version that used to be for sale. It won’t be a comfortable voyage by any stretch, but the phase tech should be able to get you past the demon fleet and onto the surface.” Corbulo pauses and adds, ”I know you mercenary types tend to get twitchy whenever you go too long without getting paid. After the mission, these ships are yours to keep- part of your compensation once the dust settles. Try not to get them blown up.”

AGMs
AGMs, please add one Star Ghost to the catch-all threads for each group. Life support is doubled from the book stats, increase cargo and MDC by 20% across the board.


Corbulo punches another button and the hologram turns off. ”The reaper robot you’ve been carrying around won’t fit, so we’re requisitioning it for the clean-up crew here on Center. However, your employer has arranged for a replacement, in the form of a new, experimental Naruni PA. I believe it’s called the Sun Chariot. Once we’re done here, one of my aides will take you to where it’s parked. For now I’ll answer any questions to the best of my ability. If you need last-minute repairs or other minor supplies my adjutant will see what she can do, but bear in mind that we need the heavy armaments here to clear out the last of the invasion.”

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Sorrenson » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:49 am

Perception: 1d100 = 21 /33 +15 Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 68
OOC Comments
No Galactic Lore skill, so no roll


Sorrenson moves along with the Reaper and parks the Drudge. He gives it a pat as he gets out, deeply satisfied that it's still in good condition. He stretches out his back to try to release some tension. Not in the mood for talking he makes his way t the briefing room. He's deep inside his head trying to figure out what the funk happened to him. The fact that he keeps seeing weird alien glyphs and computer code drifting lazily across his vision isn't helping matters. I'm having a hard time dealing with this. I really do feel like I was in two places at the same time. Best not to tell anyone... They'll think I'm even more nuts.

At the briefing he eyes the fruit and wastes no time going over and grabbing a few pieces. He sits down and starts munching away. Hey, this is pretty good! As he listens to the briefing he gets more and more nervous. Oh fuck! A really big 'demon planet', that can create other 'demon planet(s)'? As in multiple demon planets?! So we're not talking about a planet covered in demons. This think is a planet sized demon. Oh dear... He stares at the images on the display. For the second time today he is honestly struggling to make sense of the info he's being given. What a day! I get split in two, reassembled and now my crew has been assigned a suicide mission to a demon planet. He considers pulling out, saying 'thanks, but no thanks'. He seems lost in his thoughts for a long time. Eventually he sighs and takes a bite of fruit. After finishing, he clears his throat and asks, "Commander Corbulo, I have a question. Will my PA fit in the cargo bay of one of these ships? If we're gunna do this, I'd like to be properly attired."

GM EDIT: The Drudge will fit but it will be cramped (Sorrenson will basically have to kneel the entire ride).
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Starchief » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:36 am

Perception: 1d100 = 90/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 52

Starchief watches the hubbub in Center Control and Command with some pride in his heart. We managed to rout the enemy, destroy their leader and acquire one of their weapons for study. I'd say this is a victory indeed! He spends his time congratulating the collected teams for their hard work. That is, until he remembers about Thought. "Has anyone seen Thought? The big metal guy?" Once he's pointed to Thought's location, he eyes the cocoon the minotaur has placed himself in. Well, that's unexpected. Walking close to the cocoon, Starchief places his hand on its side and starts talking to it. "Hey, Thought! Big guy. You in there? You did good and you can come out now. We... You beat the bad guy." Trust: 1d100 = 60/92%
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Vortigern » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:28 am

Perception: 1d100 = 83/33
JIC: 1d100 = 32
JIC: 1d20 = 3

Demon Planet Cormal Skill Checks
Soooo about Demon Planets?
Galactic Lore: 1d100 = 73/45
Lore: Demons & Monsters: 1d100 = 6/75
History: Demons & Devils: 1d100 = 13/80


Demon Planet Cormal, Some More
How would one hope to control a Demon Planet? Aspiring, uh, I mean Inquiring Minds Want To Know! (Also relating to mission goals and the forms/permutations it could take etc.)
Galactic Lore: 1d100 = 48/45
Lore: Demons & Monsters: 1d100 = 76/75
History: Demons & Devils: 1d100 = 61/80
Recognize Enchantment: 1d100 = 76/80
Lore: Magic 1d100 = 39/70
-Recognize Enchantment: 1d100 = 77/65


Charming As Ever
Charm: 1d100 = 75/75


Vortigern shifts on his feet a bit before Corbulo, arms folded over his chest and lips pursed in mild distaste as the details of the plan are unfolded. "Kotus Point?" he asks softly in a questioning tone as the briefing continues around him. "It is good to see you continue to fare well in the siege Lord Corbulo. I advise that you remain wary in pacification and restoration of order. Your lordship may very well have become a target in his person." he says after a moment, inclining his head slightly to the other man. "An ambitious plan. Though it sounds as if the threat justifies the acceptance of some risk." he says, fingers coming up to absently brush at his mustache thoughtfully. "If the crux of the matter is his control over the Demon World, then ... the focus of all efforts should be focused there. I can think of few means to compel a being of such vast power beyond its True Name. If the enemy are in possession of such then breaking their hold over the planet will be no small feat. Even requiring equivalent means. And since we are here, I doubt anyone has the name of the Beast itself to provide such power." he says, his tone grim. "Given time one could bring the mountain to the sage. Yet this is just short of invading Hell itself."

Stroking his carefully trimmed goatee ruefully Vortigern takes a moment for his own thoughts before speaking again. "How long will we be in transit? If there is time I could better assist such a pitched battle if I were given access to a mobile platform of some kind. Perhaps using the gravtech techno-sorcery common here to keep it aloft. Something I could prepare some Circles upon and keep near at hand. And it seems like a battle wherein ... we will be far less concerned about any potential collateral damage. I could act with a more free hand there than I felt was appropriate here."

This entire affair seems the height of folly. Yet the tide has already turned in this city alone more than I thought possible. Perhaps there is a chance, however slim.

Request Example
Tech-Flying Platforms, World Book 21: Splynn, page 178
Last edited by Vortigern on Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 111/180


Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 101/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)


Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

MDC: 300/300
ISP: 230/230
PPE: 9/9
Forcefield1: 0/160
Forcefield2: 160/160


Varya

MDC/Body: 62/62
MDC/Shell: 0/116
User avatar
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Solaris » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:24 pm

Per: 1d100 = 8/33%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 61

"Icky! Where the flip have you been?", Solaris asks Minotaur 1. "You gotta meet this other guy...", she suggests, offering to lead Icky to Thought, and introducing the two if given the chance.

At the briefing, Solaris cautiously makes sure the chair or bench offered can support the weight of both her and her armor before sitting down. Oh super, a suicide mission. Another one! Solaris can't help but chuckle to herself over Corbulo's presentation. "Oh, uh...continue." Once the briefing is completed, she asks Starchief, "So...you need a pilot?"
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Thought » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 | 1d20+1 = 17
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 3
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 87
Init: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 18

Thought's 'coccoon' is an odd thing.

Seemingly an extrusion of metal of some kind, it goes 'bwong, bwong, bwong' as Starchief knocks on it.

From within, the man can hear the ever so slight sounds of movement.

"Thought no come out. Think Pussy."

Yes, that is Thought for you.

Brave enough to face down anything except his comrades when he thinks they think badly of him.

Thirty seconds or so might go by and perhaps Icky will join Starchief near Corbulo at the cocoon.

Finally, there is a sigh from inside that is about as big as Thought is.

".... him Chief man really believe?" The brute's tone is childlike. ".... Thought did good?"

He trusts Starchief anyway, despite having known him for a very short time. He is his commander, at least until this battle is finished and it's time to go 'home'. Home to the TGE.

Where the hell are they anyway?

The Seeronian's careful words sway him indeed and abruptly the coccoon shatters like so much glass.

Thought appears.... different than before. (OOC: Thought's PB is now 25 as per the physical perfection power. He looks kind of like a greek statue. Perfectly muscled, gleaming skin, etc, etc. Also appears to be higher level than he really is). Perhaps this is a side effect of the coccoon? Or he was turning into a butterfly in there, or something. This is what happens when the TGE conducts experiments and crosses his genetic code with scrap metal. Not that Thought knows this, or anyone else, of just how unstable his physical being actually is.

"... OH KAY! THANK YOU MISTER CHIEF MAN."

It's easy for Thought to stand tall and proud now, towering over most of the others present.

He blinks politely once or twice at Icky, dull eyes staring a moment.

"Well, Me Thought glad someone with brains here besides Chief Man! Me Thought. No very smart, punch things good. Hi!" He is glad to see another minotaur and Icky just looks all smarter than him.

He looks back at Starchief.

" .... No just Thought though, everyone do good. Kick Mister Demon man's ass. No know what happen tho, no want to go home when fighting do."

He pounds his left fist into his right palm, likely creating a metallic clank.

"Who Mister Chief man want Thought kick ass next?"
Disclaimer: Thought is an idiot and may not do things in ways that other people think are optimal or expect.
Warning: Thought is a moron.
Notice: See above & repeat.



Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)


User avatar
Thought
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:15 pm
Location: Moo.

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Chef Icky » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 29/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 2

Dark Lord wrote:There, a familiar face awaits you- none other than Chef Icky. As Corbulo is absent for several minutes still, you have time to sit and converse. There are even food and drink available- little beyond hard rations and bottled water, but a small fruit platter was also apparently scrounged up and placed in the corner. Chef Icky is able to reveal that his mission primarily involved providing intelligence on the various species of deevil assisting in the counter-offensive, and keeping Center’s defenders apprised of any surprises that they might have in store. Apparently, Center has been running low on mages and others with scholarly expertise, and settled for a ground-pounder with more ‘hands-on’ experience. Icky’s assignment was surprisingly (perhaps even disappointingly), light on action, and he has little to offer that can compete with your action-packed goings-on.


When everyone else arrives, Icky’s sitting in the corner with his hooves propped up on the table munching on some grapes from the fruit platter (conspicuously leaving the hard rations alone). Having to hang back as an advisor and being reduced to watching the battle through vidscreens and listening to comm channels has clearly not sat well with him. Oh well, at least I saved on ammo costs… he muses dejectedly. When the others arrive, however, he’s quick to welcome everyone back and chit-chat.

Solaris wrote:"Icky! Where the flip have you been?", Solaris asks Minotaur 1. "You gotta meet this other guy...", she suggests, offering to lead Icky to Thought, and introducing the two if given the chance.


“GOLDIE!!!!” Icky beams, clapping Solaris on the shoulder. “Gorram glad ya made it back! Dey ‘ad me cooped up in da command center feedin’ ‘em intel on da Deevils. Lemme tell ya, it was as borin’ as a frakkin’ Aglian bachelor party…” he grumbles. “Anyhoo, tried ta keep up wit’ yer boss brannigan but only caught ‘nuff ta hate missin’ out on da fun. So who’s dis ‘other guy’ I gotta meet?”

((OOC: Thought meets Icky for the first time. Hoo boy, this should be interesting))

--------------------------------------------------------------------

During Corbulo’s briefing, Icky’s face sours. Just when things were looking up, we go out of the frying pan and right into the induction coils. Although Icky’s not too up to speed on demon planets in general, the information provided is more than enough to convey the gravity of the situation. Big planet of monsters needs to go boom-boom or else the rest of the Three Galaxies snuffs it. Got it.

When Corbulo calls for questions Icky clears his throat. “Oi, I gotta question. Whaddya know ‘bout da troops we can expect ta find dere? More demons dat don’t get hurt when ya blast ‘em wit’ plasma weapons? An’ while we’re at it, ‘ow long we gonna haveta ride in dem Star Ghosts?” Fighters aren’t exactly known for their spacious headroom…

During the rest of the Q&A session Icky tries to put his admittedly limited knowledge of what might await them to the test.

Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100 = 39/44%

((OOC: Corbulo's responses will likely dictate what he asks for equipment-wise))
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Starchief » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:18 pm

(rolls carried over)

Chatting:
Thought wrote:"Thought no come out. Think Pussy."

"No one who heads straight into battle the way you did will ever be called that on my watch. You turned the tide and put the hurt on that Demon General!"

Thought wrote:".... him Chief man really believe?" The brute's tone is childlike. ".... Thought did good?"

"You have my word, Thought. If I didn't truly believe that you were a force for good, I wouldn't be here asking you to come out to join my crew in our next adventure."

Thought wrote:The Seeronian's careful words sway him indeed and abruptly the coccoon shatters like so much glass.

Thought appears.... different than before. (OOC: Thought's PB is now 25 as per the physical perfection power. He looks kind of like a greek statue. Perfectly muscled, gleaming skin, etc, etc. Also appears to be higher level than he really is). Perhaps this is a side effect of the coccoon? Or he was turning into a butterfly in there, or something. This is what happens when the TGE conducts experiments and crosses his genetic code with scrap metal. Not that Thought knows this, or anyone else, of just how unstable his physical being actually is.

"... OH KAY! THANK YOU MISTER CHIEF MAN."

"Whoa. Thought. You uhh... changed. Makes sense with the cocoon and all. Welcome back, son. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were a fellow Super-Soldier!" Did he get shinier? Bigger muscles? What the hell happened in there?

Chef Icky wrote:
Solaris wrote:"You gotta meet this other guy...", she suggests, offering to lead Icky to Thought, and introducing the two if given the chance.


“So who’s dis ‘other guy’ I gotta meet?”

Thought wrote:"Well, Me Thought glad someone with brains here besides Chief Man! Me Thought. No very smart, punch things good. Hi!" He is glad to see another minotaur and Icky just looks all smarter than him.

Hearing Solaris talking with someone, Starchief casually glances over to see his big bullheaded friend in the flesh. "Chef! Welcome back!" Starchief will give the big guy a solid high-five. "Kesslan's gone out there somewhere for the moment, so I'm in command. I'd like to introduce you to our newest and biggest member, Thought. Thought, this is Chef Icky." Starchief sits back and watches the two minotaurs chat it up.

Thought wrote:" .... No just Thought though, everyone do good. Kick Mister Demon man's ass. No know what happen tho, no want to go home when fighting do."

He pounds his left fist into his right palm, likely creating a metallic clank.

"Who Mister Chief man want Thought kick ass next?"

"Sounds like Corbulo wants to meet. He'll tell us exactly who's ass to kick, big guy." Starchief gives Thought a hardy slap on the back and begins making his way to the meeting.




Meeting:
When Corbulo enters the conference room, Starchief takes his seat as requested and focuses his attention on the holographic display and Corbulo's words simultaneously. The news of the routing of the demon forces is music to his ears. However, the escape of the Demon General and the reveal of an entire 'Demon Planet' doesn't sit well with Andra Sekona. A planet that can take out an entire fleet? And replicate itself? This isn't going to be easy. At the end of Corbulo's briefing, Starchief speaks up. "The women and men gathered here today, soldiers, are among the finest I have had the pleasure of fighting alongside. I believe I can speak for us all when I say, we will find Halthhag, bring his evil to a halt. We will also stop that planet no matter what the cost."

At the end of the briefing, Starchief begins mulling about, making plans for the team when:
Solaris wrote:"So...you need a pilot?"

Starchief looks up from his datapad and a smile creeps into the corner of his mouth. "It just so happens that I do. You fly to demon planets often?" There has to be some downtime. Time when we can just... be. Instead of chasing after demons or artifacts. I barely know this woman but she's proven to be a powerful ally and I think she might like me! OK, demon planet then a date. "So, what do you think about the new folks. There's the giant metal guy, the weird quiet woman, the summoner, the Promethian and the little purple dragon. I'm thinking some of them might help round out our missing numbers. Since it's just you, me, Metri and now Icky. Thought's stuck on me, so obviously him. Maybe the quiet one? You were in the robot with her. The summoner... well, there was something off about his allies. I'm not sure how I feel morally about compelling a being with free will to serve you." But it did win us a mighty battle. With allies like the Bhlaze, we could truly accomplish our goals. "I'll of course check in with the new folks as well as Captain Holt before making any decisions, but your input would be great, Lisa."

Once he gets Solaris' thoughts on the new folks, he heads over to Captain Holt. "So far, so good. Our two crews have come a long way from dinner chat. Any insights into this next mission? And I want to talk to you about some of our new arrivals. Seems our ranks have filled again and I wanted to offer a few folks membership amongst my crew with your blessing. I'm sure you've got your eyes on some potential recruits as well." Starchief leaves this next part open for Holt to make any suggestions about potential crew acquisitions.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Baron » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:45 pm

Chico Barone

Perception: 51% (+5%/combat, +15%/time)/ 1d100 = 95
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 90
Conditions
Stat Tracker:H.P.: 28/28; S.D.C.: 67/67
Weapon in hand: Built-in Particle Beam attached to NE-BA-226 (6/10 shots 3/4 eclips)
Armor: NE-BA-226MDC: (bonuses applied)
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
• Built-In N-F20A Force Field: 66/75

Power Armor: (Out of Power Armor ATM)
Permanent Conditions:
  • The character can communicate with any computer system regardless of preventative measures. Link can be by touch or remote connection.
  • Impervious to Fear
  • Character is ambidextrous and can literally divide his mind into two semi-autonomous parts to accomplish two separate tasks, without penalty and with all his natural bonuses.
  • Implants: Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration, Night-Vision, Polarized Lenses, Long Range Receiver/Transmitter Headjack
Temporary Conditions: Stoned, Pumped on Adrenaline.


Multi-tasking, Mechano-Link
Weapon Systems 109% / 1d100 = 65 success
Basic Mechanics 69% / 1d100 = 43 success

”I cannot emphasize strongly enough how much of a threat Cormal is to the Three Galaxies. A single demon planet can decimate entire space fleets- not only is Cormal supposedly the biggest one in existence, but it can make more. Potentially, we’re talking about the end of civilization as we know it.”


"Shitdamn, they come in planet-size? Man, I hate these fucking demondicks. Let's blow that fucker up!"

”I know you mercenary types tend to get twitchy whenever you go too long without getting paid. After the mission, these ships are yours to keep- part of your compensation once the dust settles. Try not to get them blown up.”


"First we whoop those ugly mothersuckers right back to where the came from and then we get not one but two Star Ghosts? Phase fighters? Jeezo must be with us guys. Praise him and his cheesy treats!" Baron whistles with wonder at the idea of flying the Promethean craft. Neato, I wonder how she handles? "That's one of the few fighters I've never flown; I can cross that off the list." Baron pauses then turns to Holt, "I do get to fly one of them right?"

Baron is getting excited at the prospect of using all this new gear, "We get to try out a Sun Chariot?! What is this, Cheezmas?"

Considering the capabilities of the Sun Chariot, Baron debates whether or not it's even tactically prudent to switch out power armors. Hmm, lessee, plasma doesn't seem to do the trick... can't fly, no multi-rifle, lighter force field.

"Sorrenson! I need a hand! We got to do some mods or this Sun Chariot will actually be a step down from my current rig. I've never piloted on before though, so we have to take it." Gotta cross it off the list! "Hey! You! Pale girl, you're handy with a spanner, give us a hand over here." Baron shouts at the strange albino woman.

Baron will the begin making the necessary mods (listed by priority):
  1. Attach Multi-Rifle.
  2. Switch Force-Field (Medium for Heavy)
  3. Switch Forearm Weapons from Plasma Cartridge to Particle Beam (if available, Baron has a rifle with him if that works) or Silverhawk Six-Shooters (Baron's wrecked PA was stored in the Reaper) or the Electrical Arc Discharger from the Techno-Warrior.
  4. Change swords to Ripper Vibro-Swords.
  5. Add Photon-Flash Generator from the Techno-Warrior.

Modified Sun Chariot Power Armor
Model Type: NE-X4-LH Sun Chariot Power Armor
Class: Experimental Combat Powered Armor Suit.
Crew: One.
M.D.C. by Location:
Forearm Plasma Cartridge Weapons (2; round shields) - 80 each
Chest Mounted Mini-Missile Launcher (1) - 100
Retractable Vibro-Swords (2, one per forearm) - 100 each
Forearm Shields - 120 each
Arms (2) - 100 each
Hands (2) - 50 each
Legs (2) - 160 each
Feet (2) - 60 each
*Head Helmet - 100
**Main Body - 320
FF Mod wrote:***NE-F50A Heavy Force Field : 160 (available In "armor mode" only).
* Destroying the head/helmet has a 01-70% chance of knocking the pilot unconscious. Staying conscious has its own problems: The pilot loses all combat bonuses provided by the armor, no access to sensors, his head is now vulnerable to attack, and the Sun Chariot can no longer use "chariot mode" or the "Dragon's Breath" attack. Note: The head (and hand) is a small and difficult target to hit. Thus, it can only be hit when an attacker aims and makes a "called shot," and even then he is -4 to strike.
**Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will shut the armor down completely, making it useless in both modes of operation.
*** If the M.D.C. of the force field is depleted, it cannot regenerate and reactivate again for 12 hours. As long as the force field's M.D.C. has not been depleted, however, it regenerates lost M.D.C. at the rate of one point per minute (that's 60 M.D.C. an hour). An overloaded force field can be activated at full strength (all M.D.C.) after the 12 hour delay has expired.
Remember: The Sun Chariot is made out of Thermo-Kinetic alloy and has a series of heat baffles that make it impervious to fire and heat (including magical fire); no damage. The Sun Chariot also reduces all damage from physical impacts, high speed collisions, explosives, missiles, and most projectile weapons by half.
Statistical Data:
Running: Can run at up to 70 mph (112 km) maximum. Note that the act of running does tire out the operator, but at only 30% of the normal fatigue rate, thanks to the robot exoskeleton.
Chariot Speed: As a wheeled vehicle, the Sun Chariot can reach an impressive ground speed of 400 mph (640 km) and does not tire its pilot (same as riding a crotch rocket motorcycle or rocket bike).
Leaping: The powerful robot legs can leap up to 20 feet (6.1 m) high or across, twice that distance with a running start. A leap is not possible in chariot config.
Underwater: Not possible. Being submerged for more than five minutes causes severe damage. The experimental systems react badly to water, blowing out the chariot configuration and the transforming ability of the armor.
Flying: Not possible.
Height: 8 feet (2.4 m).
Width: 6 feet (1.8 m), from shoulder to shoulder.
Length: 3.5 feet (1.06 m).
Weight: 600 Ibs (270 kg).
Physical Strength: Equal to a Robotic P.S. 24.
Cargo: None.
Power System: Nuclear; average energy life of 5 years, still experimental and draws too much energy.
Weapon Systems:
Rifle Mod wrote:Multi-Rifle
• Damage: HI-Laser 2D4x10 M.D., particle beam cannon 3D6x10 M.D., short range combined attacks do 4D6x10+20 M.D., fragmentation grenades 4D6 M.D. to a 30' blast radius
• Range: HI-Laser 10000', particle beam 2000', grenade launcher 1000', all double in space
• Rate of Fire: Each blast counts as one melee attack
• Payload: Unlimited for laser and particle beam attacks, 200 grenades

Wrist Mod 1 wrote:NE-50 Particle Beam • Range: 1200' • Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. per blast. • Laser Aimer Targeting +1 to strike, +1 to initiative. Payload: Unlimited; tied into nuclear power supply.

Wrist Mod 2 wrote:Six-Shooters: • Damage: 5D6 M.D., only fires bursts of 3 rounds
• Range: 800', double in space • Rate of Fire: Each burst counts as one melee attack
• Payload: 80 bursts (240 rounds)

Wrist Mod 3 wrote:NEL-11 "Lightning" Electrical Arc Discharger (2): One is hidden in each arm, with no visible firing ports. This unique weapon fires a powerful electrical bolt that not only inflicts Mega-Damage, but affects enemy aircraft, robots, vehicles, or power armor, or stuns humans (even through body armor) and other living creatures.
Damage: 4D6 M.D. per electrical blast, plus unshielded electronics (including sensor systems, computers, communications equipment, etc.) that are not destroyed when struck by an electrical blast directly will be scrambled for 1D6x10 minutes and likely to require some fussing and work to get them back online. Note: Light power armor, light and medium body armor, open vehicles, and light vehicles may also suffer additional damage and side effects (GM's option). See the Optional Lightning Side Effect Table. Heavy power armor and A.I.'s as well as armored vehicles and robot vehicles with a reinforced pilot's compartment are insulated and will protect the pilot, crew, and internal electronics completely.
Range: 1,000 feet.
Payload: Effectively Unlimited.
Bonus: +1 to strike.
Optional Lightning Side Effects Table:
01-15%: Lucked out! No additional problems or side effects.
16-30%: The instrument panel blinks out and sparks fly. It snaps back online 1D6 seconds later, but the crew loses the initiative (if they had it) and one melee attack. This may give their opponent the opportunity to escape or to strike again before they have a chance to respond.
31-45%: All weapon systems are temporarily out and there are minor electrical fires! One comes back online every 1D4 melee rounds.
46-60%: Radar and targeting systems are gone for 2D6 minutes. Line of sight visuals until they come back. No power combat bonuses provided by the armor or vehicle, and -15% on the piloting skill.
61-75%: Communications is knocked out for 4D6 minutes.
76-85%: Sensors and radar are gone and all instrument readings are unreliable for 6D6 minutes. The pilot must fly strictly on sight with a penalty of 25% when speed is one-third of the maximum possible, -50% at half maximum speed, and -75% at full speed. No initiative and no combat bonuses provided by the power armor or vehicle.
86-90%: Fried circuits! All weapon systems are locked and do not respond. Requires physical repairs, parts and an hour's labor by an Operator to get them operational. Take evasive action.
91-95%: Fried circuits! All sensors and radar are gone. Same penalties as #76-85%, only systems will not come back up. Requires physical repairs, parts and an hour's labor by an Operator to get them operational. Take evasive action.
96-00%: Engine trouble. Maximum speed is reduced to 10% of normal and power armor and aircraft will not be able to maintain flight. Make and emergency landing and take 1D6x10 M.D. in a rough (but not quite crash) landing. No bonuses to dodge and -2 Initiative.

Helmet Mod wrote:"Blinding Flash" Photon-Flash Generator: The photon-flash system creates a sudden burst of intense white light that can temporarily blind everyone within 20 feet in front of the power armor.
Damage/Effect: None, but victims need to roll a 16 or higher to save vs temporary blindness (Apply P.E. attribute bonus to save). A failed save means the character is blinded for 1D6 melee rounds, with a penalty of -10 to strike, parry, and dodge. The chance of falling is 01-50% for every 10 feet traveled, 01-80% if running. Those who successfully save suffer no penalty except -1 to initiative. Blinding Flash does not affect bionic or cybernetic eyes.
Rate of Fire: Once per melee round.
Range: 20 feet.
Payload: Effectively unlimited.

• Chest Mounted Mini-Missile Launcher (1): The chest launcher comes from the factory armed with plasma mini-missiles, but any kind of conventional mini-missile can be used in the launcher.
Primary Purpose: Anti-Aircraft/ground to air, Anti-Robot and Anti-Armor.
Secondary Purpose: Defense and Anti-Missile.
Damage: Varies with mini,missile type. Any mini-missile can be used, but standard issue is always plasma (1D6x10 M.D.). Fragmentation (5D6 M.D.) may be used for anti-personnel operations.
Range: Usually about a mile (1.6 km).
Rate of Fire: One at a time or a volley of two, three, four, six or twelve.
Payload: 12 total, six on each side of the chest.
• Dragon's Breath Plasma Ejector: A short stream of flaming plasma can be fired from a housing in the helmet, simulating fire breath.
Primary Purpose: Self-Defense and Close Combat.
Mega-Damage: 5D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Dragon's Breath blast counts as one melee attack.
Range: 100 feet (30.5 m).
Payload: Effectively unlimited.
Bonus: + 2 to strike when grappling with an opponent.
• Retractable Vibro-Swords (2): A pair of Vibro-Swords are concealed in the forearms of the Sun Chariot and used in close combat when in armor configuration.
Primary Purpose: Close Combat and Self-Defense.
Mega-Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Range: Close Combat weapons only.
Bonus: As per W.P. Sword.
Chariot Configuration: Ideal for high speed pursuits! chases and quick escapes. Once Chariot "config" is engaged, it generates a fiery plasma field around the Sun Chariot capable of inflicting serious damage to anyone who touches it. Anyone who grabs or leaps on top of a Sun Chariot is burned, suffering 2D6 M.D. initial damage and 2D6 M.D. additional for every melee round (15 seconds) he tries to hold on {which usually isn't more than 2D4 seconds}. The burning vapors blind unprotected eyes even of Mega~Damage beings, forcing the individual to close them tightly and temporarily blinding the character. Those in protective armor will still find their vision obscured because the plasma vapors create a thick, fiery mist that engulfs them. However, no permanent damage is done to the eyes and vision recovers as soon as they let go. The plasma field does have a few fatal flaws. The first is that the magnetic field that maintains the plasma field around the Sun Chariot interferes with communications systems and electronics (-30% on all skill rolls involving communications and reading sensors, reduce the distance of outgoing transmissions by 70% and incoming messages are filled with static and missing words). Second, the magnetic field does not protect anything the Sun Chariot is carrying or holding. and such things are burnt to a cinder by the plasma field. Third, only the Plasma Cartridge Forearm Weapons can be fired in Chariot configuration, and they are locked in a fixed forward position. To fire missiles, use any of the other weapons, or to engage aerial opponents, the pilot must stop and transform into the "armor" configuration (counts as two attacks/actions for that melee round). The only other mode of attack available in Chariot config is to sideswipe an opponent or slam/ram into his target over and over again, like an angry, flaming ping-pong ball. Every ram/sideswipe does 3D6 M.D. {2D6 points being bum damage from the plasma field} to the opponent and has a 01-88% likelihood of knocking the opponent off his feet and sending him flying 1D4x10 yards/meters (loses initiative and two melee attacks in the process) - 2D6 M.D. greater damage if the Chariot is going faster than 250 mph [400 kph] - but the power armor also takes 1D6 M.D. from each ram/sideswipe/crash attack (damage is minimal thanks to the Thermo~Kinetic aIloy that makes up the armor).
Hand to Hand Combat:
Rather than use a weapon, the pilot can engage in Mega-Damage hand to hand combat.
Bonuses and Damage from Sun Chariot PA Combat Training:
Restrained Punch: 2D6+5 S.D.C.
Full Strength Punch: 1D4 M.D.
Power Punch: 2D4 M.D.
Kick: 1D6 M.D.
Leap Kick: 2D6 M.D.
Body Flip Throw: One M.D. plus victim loses one melee attack.Body Block Ram in "armor" configuration: 1D6 M.D. and has a 01-45% chance of knocking one's opponent off his feet (if successful, the target loses the initiative and one melee attack/action), but counts as two melee attacks.
Bonuses:
+ 2 to initiative, + 1 to strike, +3 to parry, +2 to dodge, + 3 to dodge while in chariot mode, +2 to roll with impact, + 5 to roll with impact while in chariot mode, +2 to disarm, + 1 to pull punch, and + 1 attack per melee at levels 1, 4, 8 & 12.
Don't forget, heat, fire, explosions and most projectile weapons, including rail gun fire, do half damage.
Chico Barone is wearing: Baron's Borrowed NE Tech-Warrior and his accessory is: None!!?!?!

Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Viscount Armine Chico Von Caligula
Don't panic; know where your towel is. Any person who can travel the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a person to be reckoned with. And, above all, always remember that time is nothing but an illusion and mealtimes especially so. ~ From Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Armine Caligula. By way of Douglas Adams
The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear, by Captain A. Baron
Better to live or die, once and for all, than die by inches. Death is merely a dialogue between the Spirit and the Dust. Since we're all going to die, it's obvious that when and how don't matter, ~ From The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear by Captain A. Baron By way of Homer, Albert Camus, Emily Dickinson, Douglas Adams and Joseph Heller
User avatar
Baron
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:57 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Vortigern » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 21/33
JIC: 1d100 = 39
JIC: 1d20 = 3

Vortigern gives a wry smile towards Solaris during her moment of humor, sharing it seems some of her feelings regarding the matter. When Icky makes his reappearance he receives a stoic nod of greeting. "I am pleased to see you survived the chaos." he says to the minotaur before turning towards Star Chief and Thought. Listening there seems to strain him somehow, as he pinches the bridge of his nose lightly and looks down shaking his head.

How that one survived I will never know. It is like youth being wasted on the young. Strength is wasted on the brutish, perhaps?

After a moment he takes a few steps to draw nearer to Star Chief, inclining his head slightly. "You would hardly be the first to espouse such misgivings. Yet if you think there are not ethical arguments to the contrary, I would be eager to discuss them with you whenever your interest might be piqued." he says, stroking his mustache with an animated manner and eye. "Regardless I was glad we could be of assistance to one another in this whole wretched affair. Who knows how many lives were saved today. And lost. Mmm. Yet the tide was turned. No small feat to be sure. Think on it. One last foray into the darkness. We may not return. Yet we have already saved countless lives. And more yet, indeed countless worlds hang in the balance. Our names will be in the histories of a thousand peoples for as many years if not more. It is hard to fathom the breadth of such glory and acclaim." he says, pausing in an attempt to let the import of his words sink in it seems. "If you seek your home world, and assistance for it, you could not ask for a superior platform from which to deliver either one. Glory and Acclaim may not be your goals, Sirrah, yet they could just deliver the tools for your true ends into your very hands. Build a name, Sirrah, and when you raise a standard men will come."

Charming, As Ever.
Impress: 1d100 = 44/75
Trust: 1d100 = 2/88
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 111/180


Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 101/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)


Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

MDC: 300/300
ISP: 230/230
PPE: 9/9
Forcefield1: 0/160
Forcefield2: 160/160


Varya

MDC/Body: 62/62
MDC/Shell: 0/116
User avatar
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Tis » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:31 pm

Tisephone Atroposa
Perception: 37% (+15% regarding magic, machines, or their combination, +10% in the dark)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 30
Stats
: • • MDC: 40/40 • • PPE: 140/125 • • ISP: 98/41
Armor M.D.C.: 150/108 • • PPE Battery: 180/105

Telemechanics (10) 18.00/18.00 minutes
Asshat wrote:"Hey! You! Pale girl, you're handy with a spanner, give us a hand over here." Baron shouts at the strange albino woman.


Tis waits until it's absolutely clear that no one else is going to assist the rude young pilot as he fumbles with his gear. Only in wartime, on the cusp of raiding Cormal the Demon Planet, would I deign to assist such a fool.

"My name is Tisephone Atroposa. I am a master apprentice of the Lords of Technomancy, there is very little I can not do with any tool, spanner or otherwise. What is it you are attempting to accomplish?" Once Baron lays out the proposed modifications, Tis begins to work.

Telemechanics 88% / 1d100 = 72 success
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 76% / 1d100 = 59 success
Weapons Engineer 51% / 1d100 = 97 fail
Electrical Engineer 71% / 1d100 = 67 success
Robot Electronics 66% / 1d100 = 62 success
Mechanical Engineer 61% / 1d100 = 9 success
Robot Mechanics 56% / 1d100 = 2 success
User avatar
Tis
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: PW:A

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Chef Icky » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:28 pm

((Rolls held over))

Vortigern wrote:When Icky makes his reappearance he receives a stoic nod of greeting. "I am pleased to see you survived the chaos."


Icky returns the nod. "Oi chum! Likewise. Hate I wasn't out dere wit' ya -- ridin' shotgun over a bunch'a vidscreens ain't me idea o' a good brawl."

Starchief wrote:
Chef Icky wrote:
Solaris wrote:"You gotta meet this other guy...", she suggests, offering to lead Icky to Thought, and introducing the two if given the chance.


“So who’s dis ‘other guy’ I gotta meet?”

Hearing Solaris talking with someone, Starchief casually glances over to see his big bullheaded friend in the flesh. "Chef! Welcome back!" Starchief will give the big guy a solid high-five. "Kesslan's gone out there somewhere for the moment, so I'm in command. I'd like to introduce you to our newest and biggest member, Thought. Thought, this is Chef Icky." Starchief sits back and watches the two minotaurs chat it up.


Icky returns the high five. "Whaddya mean, 'e's 'gone out dere?' Feetal's gizz, we go through more cap'n's dat way..." he shakes his head. "Speakin' o' cap'n's, I ain't gotta start callin' ya "Cap'n Meatball" now do I? 'Cause I do got me standards, ya know." He looks up at the new metal minotaur. "So dis is da 'new guy' eh? Did ya miss me so much ya had ta go out an' recruit another minotaur ta keep ya company?" He chuckles as he looks Thought over. "Well... cut off me arse an' serve it up as rump roast, but yer a big 'un." Not as big as Oradro, but probably just as strong... he muses.

Thought wrote:He blinks politely once or twice at Icky, dull eyes staring a moment.

"Well, Me Thought glad someone with brains here besides Chief Man! Me Thought. No very smart, punch things good. Hi!" He is glad to see another minotaur and Icky just looks all smarter than him.


I'm guessing his momma probably named him Thought so he wouldn't totally be without one. Seems pleasant enough though. "Thought, eh? Da name's Icky. I run da galley on board da Dime Store Magic. If Meatball 'ere likes ya, dat's good 'nuff fer me. Welcome aboard." Icky chuckles and holds out his hand. "So what's yer story, Shiny-Butt? 'Ow'd ya wind up all armored like dat? An' what brought ya to da sunny garden spot dat's demon-infested Center?"
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Sorrenson » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:40 am

<Rolls held>
Baron wrote:"Sorrenson! I need a hand! We got to do some mods or this Sun Chariot will actually be a step down from my current rig. I've never piloted on before though, so we have to take it."

Sorrenson gets drawn out of his train of thought by Baron's request. "Yeah, sure. Lets get to work! I guess we'll be shipping out soon." Oh, actually I should see if I can get a slug thrower for the Drudge. That last ugly went imperv. to Energy. Nasty surprise that was. Before helping Baron Sorrenson puts in a request for a GR rail gun, or even better, a NE-800R Missile Assault System. Like the one the 'other me' carried onto the Sapceship, but never got to use. He then gets down to work with Tis and Baron upgrading his ride.

Basic Electronics 1d100 = 98/76%
Weapons Engineer 1d100 = 44/66%
Electrical Engineer 1d100 = 35/76%
Robot Electronics 1d100 = 45/61%
Mechanical Engineer 1d100 = 34/75%
Robot Mechanics 1d100 = 37/61%
Vehicle Armorer 1d100 = 7/71%
Weapon Systems 1d100 = 77/56%

While working on Baron's rig, he thinks about his own. Time permitting, he adds of one, of many, upgrades he's been considering. He requests a NE 50 Particle Beam Rifle, strips it down and adds it to the existing one mounted in his left arm. "I get the feeling I'm gunna need a bigger secondary gun. Two barrels are way better than one. Hopefully I can get this to work in time." He then modifies the targeting system so they both fire at the same time.

Basic Electronics 1d100 = 29/76%
Weapons Engineer 1d100 = 36/66%
Electrical Engineer 1d100 = 84/76%
Robot Electronics 1d100 = 44/61%
Mechanical Engineer 1d100 = 14/75%
Robot Mechanics 1d100 = 69/61%
Vehicle Armorer 1d100 = 36/71%
Weapon Systems 1d100 = 25/56%
Computer Operation 1d100 = 22/76%
Computer Programming 1d100 = 25/71%

The Ratanoid feels much better rushing around 'getting 'er done!'. His mood improves and seems to be enjoying his work.
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Baron » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:29 am

Rolls Carried...
"I get the feeling I'm gunna need a bigger secondary gun. Two barrels are way better than one. Hopefully I can get this to work in time."


"Hey man I've got some spare stuff," Baron offers any of the parts he's not using up for Sorrenson's use, (in particular the Particle Beam rifle).
Chico Barone is wearing: Baron's Borrowed NE Tech-Warrior and his accessory is: None!!?!?!

Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Viscount Armine Chico Von Caligula
Don't panic; know where your towel is. Any person who can travel the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a person to be reckoned with. And, above all, always remember that time is nothing but an illusion and mealtimes especially so. ~ From Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Armine Caligula. By way of Douglas Adams
The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear, by Captain A. Baron
Better to live or die, once and for all, than die by inches. Death is merely a dialogue between the Spirit and the Dust. Since we're all going to die, it's obvious that when and how don't matter, ~ From The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear by Captain A. Baron By way of Homer, Albert Camus, Emily Dickinson, Douglas Adams and Joseph Heller
User avatar
Baron
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:57 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Tis » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:34 am

(Rolld carried...)
"Yeah, sure. Lets get to work! I guess we'll be shipping out soon."

Seeing the Ratanoid technowizard join in with the pilot's tinkering enheartne's Tis and she in turn assists Sorrenson with his own work.

"Your work is quite excellent, I would love to learn more about your teleportation gun, it is quite clever." Tis says while admiring Sorrenson's creation.
User avatar
Tis
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: PW:A

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Bryke » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 72
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 3


Briefing
............................................................................
Lore: Demons & Monsters| 65% / 1d100 = 14
The Time Master contemplates all he knows of Demon Planets when it is mentioned, but feels a little left out. Reflecting on the jaunt away from Center, Bryke all too often experiences the loss of "common knowledge" showing up every so often. This is one of those times. His learning on Center would have taken the Time Master beyond the galaxies, and introduced the Promethean to new planets, star systems, clusters, space phenomena, peoples, and even different dimensions- but that part of his story was detoured.

"Can someone clue me in on what they know of 'Demon Planets' I uhhh- was absent a few days of class?" The over-sized Promethean says feeling a bit small because of it, "And is its name one that denotes sentience, or simply a "special place" in this galaxy?" He says making the air quote gesture.

While waiting for a response Bryke asks Corbulo and the teams:
1. Do they have any vids or software with lore on the subject.
2. Are there anything like Cestus or Myrmex available for him.
3. What is the time frame before we leave, I am sure the mages present can use time to replenish their strength.
4. Where have all the mages of center gone, and do you know of any other Time Masters.

After Briefing
.......................................................................................................

I need to get this force-field looked at, and find some durable gauntlets. Maybe the Techno-Types can help out.

The Promethean approaches the resident Techno-Smiths after the briefing, "Can anyone fix this force-field generator of mine, I've been feeling a bit nude since it went out on me."

CONTINGENCIES
If Corbulo does not know of or possess anything like a Cestus or Myrmex, Bryke will approach Sorrenson, and Tis and ask if they can build him a pair.
Natural Abilities

Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 71%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.

PPE: 236/93
ISP: 125/29
SDC:634/534 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/147

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
User avatar
Bryke
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Prothor » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:53 pm

Percep 33%: 1d100 Invalid dice code!
JIC: 1d20 = 15 1d100 = 65

Lore: Demon & Monsters 58%=1d100 = 96
Lore: Galactic/Alien 48%=1d100 = 78

Conditions:
Fly (as an eagle): 58.00/60 minutes (50 mph +1 Parry +2 dodge +2 dmg diving attk)

Before the meeting, Prothor looks to the little dragon thing and says, "Holt is the leader of the unit I am in. As for what I am, well, I am as you see here. A Sorinam cyborg. Though this model is not one of my peoples." Prothor sighs at the energetic creatures antics and simply waves off the offered piece of candy.

On the way to C&C, Prothor retracts all of his pop up weaponry and begins to assess his ammunition and the condition of his chassis as well as what is will take to rest his force field generator.

After listening to the briefing, Prothor waits a moment so all the obvious questions have been answered, and then says, "Magic, powerful and extremely evil. Doesn't give us a whole lot to go on. What is out ultimate goal for the demon planet?"
Prothor
Current Details
MDC by Location:
Left Upper Arm: 47/47-------Right Upper Arm: 47/47-------------Main Body: 180/180
Left Forearm: 33/33----------Right Forearm: 33/33----------------Head: 60/60
Left Hand: 33/33--------------Right Hand: 33/33
Left Leg: 60/60----------------Right Leg: 60/60
Left Foot: 13/13---------------Right Foot: 13/13

MI-B2 Medium Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Main Body: 230/230
Arms (2): 38 each.
Legs (2): 60 each.
Head/Helmet: 15
Integrated OP-Field (60min or 20 switch ons)
[*]1 - OP Field E-Clip loaded / use: 9.5 min / 4 switch on
Integrated N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
M.D.C.: 137/160

-Weapons:
Right hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Heavy Laser Blaster, Retractable/pop up
Left hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Mini-Machine Gun, Retractable/pop up
Skull of Saint Sabatt
PH-100 Heavy Phase Beamer
NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
Soul Craft Longsword
assorted grenades

-Current Effects/Conditions: None

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Image
User avatar
Prothor
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:57 pm
Location: Phase World PC (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:14 am

<Rolls held>
Baron wrote:"Hey man I've got some spare stuff,"

"Nice one! Thanks." Sorrenson happily takes the Beam rifle and starts stripping it down to install on the Drudge.

Tis wrote:"Your work is quite excellent, I would love to learn more about your teleportation gun, it is quite clever."

Sorrenson blushes under his facial fur. "Thank you! That's quite a complement from someone packing extremely fine TW craftsmanship." He says referring to her armor. "Whats do you want to know? It's pretty straight forward if you ask me. The tricky part was getting the targeting sync'd right. If you wanna trade schematics, I'm open to suggestions."

Bryke wrote:"Can anyone fix this force-field generator of mine, I've been feeling a bit nude since it went out on me."

Sorrenson looks over the field generator. He tries the first thing that comes to mind: a hard reset. "If a reset doesn't work. I suggest asking for a new one. Those things are a pain in the arse I hear once they've been knocked out of calibration." If Bryke asks about casually creating gloves. Sorrenson stops are stares at him. Oh right, he's being serious! "Sorry man. Working up something like that takes weeks, if not months. Well, that's how long it would take me, I'd have to work up the design and iron out the bugs." he says apologetically.

Basic Electronics 1d100 = 68/76% - to try to fix Brykes FF
Mechanical Engineer 1d100 = 15/75% - to try to fix Brykes FF
Electrical Engineer 1d100 = 88/76% - to try to fix Brykes FF
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Dark Lord » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:08 am

Before the briefing, Thought emerges from his cocoon. He and Starchief engage in a brief conversation before heading to the briefing, wherein his new commander reassures the Minotaur that he is now a valued member of the team.

Corbulo wraps up the briefing in his usual perfunctory manner, taking time to answer all questions with the air of a man who has to manage a million moving pieces all at once. Despite this his appearance is remarkably put-together, all things considered, and his demeanor is calm if a little impatient. Vortigern ponders the nature of these ‘Demon Planets’ as the briefing unfolds- he’s never heard of such a thing, but based on Corbulo’s description of its size and abilities the summoner thinks it safe to assume that Cormal is of a piece with the mightiest Demon Lords. Nothing in his lore or training suggests that they can be compelled, much less controlled, and he has heard more than one tale of summoner foolhardy enough to try only to find themselves reduced to gibbering piles of jelly (quite literally). Anything that exists to control a being of such awesome scale would go far, far beyond a standard ritual or the use of the true name- if it were possible it would undoubtedly entail an artifact or spell of legend. Though he is still adjusting his concept of such things as “size” and “distance” to the tri-galactic scale, Vortigern thinks it likely that no magic, no matter how powerful, would be capable of controlling one such as Cormal from any great distance, or without somehow weakening or incapacitating Cormal beforehand. Whatever it is Halthhag is using, it will almost certainly be on the Demon Planet itself and heavily guarded.

Sorrenson wrote:"Commander Corbulo, I have a question. Will my PA fit in the cargo bay of one of these ships? If we're gunna do this, I'd like to be properly attired."
”Both ships have been modified from the standard market model to include increased passenger and cargo capacity. I can’t promise that you’ll be able to bring your entire arsenal or that it will be a comfortable ride, but you can judge for yourself whether the contortions required will be worth it to you. Most ships are being moved into position in the same parking area as your reaper as we speak.”

Vortigern wrote:"How long will we be in transit? If there is time I could better assist such a pitched battle if I were given access to a mobile platform of some kind. Perhaps using the gravtech techno-sorcery common here to keep it aloft. Something I could prepare some Circles upon and keep near at hand. And it seems like a battle wherein ... we will be far less concerned about any potential collateral damage. I could act with a more free hand there than I felt was appropriate here."
”We’re moving out our assault force within the hour. From there, only a matter of minutes to get out of Phase World’s orbit and into safe transit distance. The phase transceiver will take you to Kotus more or less instantaneously, after that I’d estimate no more than half an hour to get all of our forces into position and launch the assault.”

”While the kind of flying platform you describe would be relatively easy to obtain under normal circumstances, and possibly even now, it’s largely a moot point as I’m not aware of anything small enough to fit in the ships’ cargo areas- and nothing can be affixed to the ship’s exterior without interfering with the phase teleportation systems. You’re welcome to try and scrounge something up here, but I personally wouldn’t waste your time.”

Chef Icky wrote:“Oi, I gotta question. Whaddya know ‘bout da troops we can expect ta find dere? More demons dat don’t get hurt when ya blast ‘em wit’ plasma weapons? An’ while we’re at it, ‘ow long we gonna haveta ride in dem Star Ghosts?”
Corbulo shrugs. ”It’s a safe bet that anything you’ve encountered thus far will be on the planet, in force. We don’t have any information on the exact disposition of Halthhag’s forces on Cormal, but I doubt he would have retreated there if he couldn’t defend his position. There’s a demon fleet engaging the ships at Kotus alongside Cormal. On Cormal’s surface, your guess is as good as mine.”

Solaris and Starchief having welcomed back their Chef, Starchief then makes a short, inspirational speech to those assembled- and formally places a few of the new arrivals under his personal command. Amidst the grumbling about another suicide mission, the teams collectively shrug their shoulders and prepare to get to work.

Baron is quite vocal in his enthusiasm for the new supplies, before grabbing Sorrenson and zipping back down to the vehicle bay. There, he quickly identifies the Sun Chariot and sets about using the tools present in the bay to modify its weapons systems to something capable of doing a little more damage to all things demonic. He is successfully able to integrate the multi-rifle from his Silverhawk into the Sun Chariot’s power system, and add the six-shooters from the same (along with their ammo magazines). Unfortunately, he is unable to integrate either system with the Sun Chariot’s plasma field, meaning that if it ignites his modifications will quickly be destroyed. Tis is able to assist with the more difficult aspects of the above, and with her help Baron is able to swap out the force fields on the two powered armors, but neither of you is able to locate any vibro-blades in the bay and the flash-generator modification would be too extensive to be feasible given Corbulo’s timetable. Sorrenson, for his part, borrows Baron’s particle beam rifle, and is able to integrate it into the drudge’s power systems and weapon firing controls ((both of you kindly update your sheets)). The techno-wizard also requests, and receives, an NE-800R (complete with two spare magazines)- although the weapon is too bulky to be integrated into the drudge, he will be able to carry it without issue.

Bryke wrote:1. Do they have any vids or software with lore on the subject.
2. Are there anything like Cestus or Myrmex available for him.
3. What is the time frame before we leave, I am sure the mages present can use time to replenish their strength.
4. Where have all the mages of center gone, and do you know of any other Time Masters.
In response to Bryke’s questions, Corbulo shakes his head. ”All we know about Cormal I have shared with you. I don’t have time for questions about the fate of Center’s mages- I have a city to defend.”
Bryke
If you want to request gauntlets, you need to do the work and look up what it is you want from the book- I’m not going to do it for you. What you can find in the books is all that might be available.


The team’s tech-savy characters are unable to repair either Bryke’s or Prothor’s force field generators, but after a word to Corbulo he radios someone requesting technical support. A few minutes later a pair of Uteni arrive and pop open the generators in question. After fiddling with the circuits for a few minutes (and more than a couple paranoid, backward glances to ensure that nobody is watching over their shoulders), the Uteni replace the components and hand them back to their owners, good as new. Should anyone express surprise or curiosity about their work, one of the Uteni merely states in a monotone ”Trade secrets” before bustling out of the room.

If the questions are concluded, Corbulo doles out Kruxxis’ comm. frequency for any additional requisitions, ends the briefing, and marches out of the room on his way to the next crisis. Those of you not feverishly working on armor or weapons modifications have a solid half an hour to assemble in the hangar.

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Starchief » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 62/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 1

Vortigern wrote:After a moment he takes a few steps to draw nearer to Star Chief, inclining his head slightly. "You would hardly be the first to espouse such misgivings. Yet if you think there are not ethical arguments to the contrary, I would be eager to discuss them with you whenever your interest might be piqued." he says, stroking his mustache with an animated manner and eye. "Regardless I was glad we could be of assistance to one another in this whole wretched affair. Who knows how many lives were saved today. And lost. Mmm. Yet the tide was turned. No small feat to be sure. Think on it. One last foray into the darkness. We may not return. Yet we have already saved countless lives. And more yet, indeed countless worlds hang in the balance. Our names will be in the histories of a thousand peoples for as many years if not more. It is hard to fathom the breadth of such glory and acclaim." he says, pausing in an attempt to let the import of his words sink in it seems. "If you seek your home world, and assistance for it, you could not ask for a superior platform from which to deliver either one. Glory and Acclaim may not be your goals, Sirrah, yet they could just deliver the tools for your true ends into your very hands. Build a name, Sirrah, and when you raise a standard men will come."

Starchief turns to face Vortigern as he hears the man's first words. Seems nice enough. Maybe I'm wrong about him. He waits until the man is finished and then replies in a friendly tone of voice. "Always up for a good discussion, sir. Maybe sometime after we win this battle. I too am glad you were here. We fought bravely and have won many battles. Without us, it seems there would not be a Center any longer. It is not your successes that I question, rather the methods by which you arrived there. As for Glory, I will admit, I am a man who loves it. And when I do make my way home, it will be with the stories of a strange world and fantastic battles. Hopefully with the crew of the Dime Store Magic at my side to strike the Tarlok colonizers a blow they will never recover from. You speak the truth today, sir."

Chef Icky wrote:Icky returns the high five. "Whaddya mean, 'e's 'gone out dere?' Feetal's gizz, we go through more cap'n's dat way..." he shakes his head. "Speakin' o' cap'n's, I ain't gotta start callin' ya "Cap'n Meatball" now do I? 'Cause I do got me standards, ya know." He looks up at the new metal minotaur. "So dis is da 'new guy' eh? Did ya miss me so much ya had ta go out an' recruit another minotaur ta keep ya company?" He chuckles as he looks Thought over. "Well... cut off me arse an' serve it up as rump roast, but yer a big 'un."

"Cap Claw went to go deal with something and never came back. I refuse to believe he's dead. Probably just off the radar. We'll scour this place after we deal with this next mission. And, I'm afraid you're right. Captain Meatball it is." When Icky refers to Thought, Starchief looks over. "Did we go overboard with the chrome trim? We picked the big guy up during a fight. Proved himself to be invaluable. I think we'll do good by keeping him around."

Once the briefing is finished (and after talking with Solaris and Holt about members), Starchief turns to his crew and says with authority, "Alright folks, we've got some new people with no assignments! I'm Captain Andra Sekona of the Dime Store Magic but you can call me Starchief. You've all met Solaris and Metri. This here is Chef Icky, longtime member of our crew returning to us for this fight. We will be taking with us on this mission and considering adding to our crew the following. When I call your name step forward. Thought! Tisephone Atroposa! Kiadan Slywyth! Welcome to the crew of the Dime Store Magic, Galactic Adventurers one and all. If you need supplies, speak now or forever hold your peace. We are going to fly a phase ship into a demon planet, take down a demon bear and usurp control of said demon planet. Are there any questions?"

Once he gathers his crew and answers any questions folks have, he will put in a request for 5 extra NE-EB batteries.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Thought » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:37 am

Perception: 1d20+1 | 1d20+1 = 16
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 11
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 19
Init: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 14

OOC: Manifesting Power: Swarm Selves

Who knows what the genetic scientists or possibly interns or maybe even janitors at the TGE facility did to Thought. Who knows what he was or who he used to be, but that made him what he was today. The unfortunate side effect of having his genetic makeup shredded like a kitten playing with a ball of yarn is his increasingly unstable his physical form is. Certainly he looks different since emerging from the cocoon, but when Starchief slaps him on the back to congratulate him and reassure him all genetic hell breaks loose.

It's not Starchief's fault. It's the fault of the Trans Galactic Empire, but just as a grain of sand can alter the course of a river by redirecting a few molecules at a time .... so he begins a new series of changes. Thought doesn't even notice. His metallic skin is cold, and almost seems to flex around Starchief's hand. Soft like a sponge and then snapping back to the way it was like memory foam. Metal is not supposed to do that. Thought is just happy to be accepted and that nobody thinks he is a worthless coward he fails to alert anyone that he feels a little bit odd as his genetic code continues to rewrite itself.

A tiny face emerges from the rippling musculature in Thought's deltoid area, staring at Starchief from 'inside' of Thought's skin. It moves only slightly, blinking at him; a complete carbon copy of Thought's real face.
"Moo?" It asks him, sounding like thought if much higher pitched. One would guess the size of the full 'creature' to be about six inches tall, moving and rippling Thought's shiny metal skin like a being covered with a skin of quicksilver mercury.

"MOO!" The tiny face declares cheerfully, and vanishes under Thought's skin.

Maybe it was a mirage? Or a hallucination?

No, that really happened but it's just weird and Thought's weird and there's lots to do so perhaps it is forgotten about.

"Ricky!" Thought says happily to Icky. "Me thought glad meet Chief Ricky!" Thought also doesn't really think to shake hands so attempts to fist-bump Icky instead. It will go clank if the other does it, not soft at all like his shoulder was. "I dunno! Me thought work for Trans Galactic Empire, me 'vincible Guardsman. Told me Thought that me do such good job they give reassignment, send me to Center to go do things and be famous and make good things! Me like okay, can use break cause commanders stupid. You know! Commander like diaper, always on ass, full of shit all that! So me glad to do good things but not know what to do good things, but had just been around for few minutes and then demons come and me get shot bunch and fall sleep and woke up and him Star Chief there and we kick ass and me here since!"

Thought is so excited he practically bounces.

"Chief Ricky!" A high pitched voice says from his neck, as a tiny little face emerges from his adam's apple. It makes a sticky tongue out face at Icky.

Thought still fails to notice, and hops up when Starchief calls his name, promptly stepping away from Icky possibly before he can reply.

"Me glad meet Star Chef and Chief Ricky! This going to be most fun that me Thought ever had! Going need big gun some kind, though! Maybe you have for me Thought? Big splodey gun, maybe nother forcefield... no mind get kicked in face so you don't need to, but face get sore..."

Thought's broad, bovine nose ripples and a tiny face emerges; staring Thought right in the eyes.

"MOO!" the face squeaks.

"AAAUGH!" Thought yells, darting behind Starchief in alarm.

"Oooooo, no feel good... feel like something.... belly... moving...!"

"MOO!" says Thought's left pectoral. "MOOOOOOO!" His thigh says happily.

"Wot... happening me... Thought meeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllltiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!! WHAT HIM STAR CHEF DO ME THOUGHT! HELP HELP!"

Thought promptly explodes. Or rather, he begins turning to liquid, mercurial matter and shapeless bits splatter against the floor . . . lying for a split second as steaming puddles of mercurial metal goo, before tiny faces emerge into those. "Moo! Wee! Moo! Wee! Aeeee! Aiii! Aooooo!" A strange, high pitched and echoing voice that is like Thought's multiplied by far too many squeaks up from the mess on the floor...

"WE THOUGHT!"

The largest puddle abruptly snaps into the shape of a six inch version of Thought, complete with both swords, shield, all his gear and everything else.

"ME THOUGHT!"

It promptly attempts to scale Starchief's right leg, attempting to reach his shoulder and sit there with a commanding view of the room.

"NO! ME THOUGHT ... TWO!"

Another puddle snaps into a six inch tall version of the minotaur, this one streaking off towards Icky, having clearly retained some of his super speed powers. Once it reaches the other minotaur, it flails tiny arms.

"THOUGHT TWO UP! PICK UP! WANT SEE!"

"NO! ME THOUGHT! ME THOUGHT! ME THOUGHT!"

Twenty three other six inch tall versions of Thought emerge from the puddles and Starchief and Icky will find themselves under an oddly adorable siege. They retain all of Thought's physical attributes (PB: 25) but now they are ... bitty, and climbing all over both of them. If neither fight it, both will end up with tiny Minotaurs on both shoulders, standing on their head and clinging to their horns. One will attempt to tie a cloth around Icky's left horn like a flag.

"ME THOUGHT THREE FAMOUS! ME SCALE CHIEF RICKY!"

"NO! ME THOUGHT TWO MORE FAMOUS!" Tiny arms wave from possibly Starchief's shoulder and head.

"ME CLIMB UP STAR CHEF MOUNTAIN FIRST! ME MORE FAMOUS!"

"NO MEEEEEEEEEE!" Twenty two other tiny Thoughts reply.

One has gotten, literally, into a vending machine by climbing in the slot and is banging on the glass and looking at Baron. Another is bouncing on a control panel that hopefully isn't something important, others run around under chairs and the like, after cupboards, people's ankles and everything else.

"WE THOUGHT! ME THOUGHT! UP!"

Abruptly, half the swarm skitters towards Starchief, and he will find himself literally even more under siege, at least fifteen of the tiny creatures leaping up, trying to scale him and take him to the ground and just bounce merrily.

"WE THOUGHT KICK ASSES. WHERE GUN!?! BIG GUN FOR WE THOUGHTS?"

"NO! BIGGEST GUN FOR THOUGHT TWO! NO BIGGER GUN FOR THOUGHT THREE!"

"Oh, Thought Four have biggest gun.. no worry." The one standing on Starchief's boot makes an obscene gesture involving a closed fist going up and down on something or other.

"HEY! NO DO THAT IN POOB-LICK. COMMANDER SAID!" Thought One yells at Thought Four.

"OH RIGHT ME SORRY KIDS ON TV WATCHING!"

"MOOOOOOOOO!" The chorus takes up cheerfully.
Disclaimer: Thought is an idiot and may not do things in ways that other people think are optimal or expect.
Warning: Thought is a moron.
Notice: See above & repeat.



Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)


User avatar
Thought
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:15 pm
Location: Moo.

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Solaris » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:15 am

((OOC: Sorry, I wanted to get this in BEFORE the GM post went up...))

Icky's shoulder slap leaves Solaris a bit sore, although she tries to hide her wince, waiting until Icky's back is turned to rotate her arm around and shake it off.
She intently absorbs Icky's explaination of where he's been with something of a mischievous smirk.

"So clear and in the rear, eh?", she lightly taunts.

Letting the two minotaurs converse, Lisa thinks to herself The galaxy is a weird place.

The Chief wrote: You fly to demon planets often?

"Can't say I do. But it could be a good place to work on my tan. If I'm not fried to a crisp first." And if I were a schoolgirl, I'd follow you anywhere, blink blink, blinkity blink blink.

Lisa smiles at Starchief's question about the new people. "I practically still am one of the "new people", aren't I?", she asks slyly. Once she sees Starchief is interested in a genuine answer, she drops any hint of playfulness. "I think that Thought is like a guided missile; point and shoot. No more, no less. Tis is just inexperienced, she'll come along. Having some extra magic support seems like a good idea. I don't know much about the summoner, but it does seem risky to rely on a controlled minion. What if he loses control? On the other hand, using an enemy against our enemy I have no qualms about. There's a purple dragon? One of the summoner's pets? The Promethian is a Promethian. They're as inscrutable as ever."

Lisa catches the exchange between asshat and Tis and eventually makes her way over. "Don't feel as though you HAVE to help him...", Solaris suggests.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Solaris » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:28 am

Per: 1d100 = 79/33%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 90

"Could always use more ammo.", Solaris shrugs at the question of gear. "If I could get a half a dozen magazines for each of my weapons, that would be ideal. Any chance I could get a force field for my armor? And maybe a few NE-EB batteries? And maybe some explosives? And an NE-01 BP Backpack?" Should I ask for a kitchen sink? Better not press my luck.

"Good speech. I would've used more fist shaking, but still good.", Solaris chides Starchief.

Thought's new power makes her raise an eyebrow. Haven't seen him do that before.

"Is he gonna be alright?", she whispers to Andra.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:28 am

Perception: 1d100 = 47
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 28

Sorrenson is happy with his work. Between Himself, Baron and Tis, they were able to get a bunch of stuff done. "Nice one Baron and Tis! That's some pretty good work considering the time constraints." When Though explodes into many little ideas, Sorrenson shakes his head and laughs. "Man, just another really freaking odd thing to add to the list of weird shit I've seen and done in the last 24 hours. Did that hurt? I bet it did."

Corbulo wrote:”We’re moving out our assault force within the hour. From there, only a matter of minutes to get out of Phase World’s orbit and into safe transit distance. The phase transceiver will take you to Kotus more or less instantaneously, after that I’d estimate no more than half an hour to get all of our forces into position and launch the assault.”

Damn! Things move fast around here. Sorrenson thinks to himself. He gets suited up and calls his drone in close and runs a diagnostic on it. He downloads the footage its taken so far and uploads it to his cloud. He then moves over to the Ghost and tries to maneuver his oversized PA into a space, that on first glance, looks a bit too small. He stuffs in the NE-800R and spare clips, then edges in himself. Finally he brings the drone in. It all fits - just. He radios Baron, or whoever is piloting the Phase ship. "I'm in! Quick close the door before I fall over, or something"
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Vortigern » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 100/33
JIC: 1d100 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 10

Vortigern grimaces slightly, then nods towards Corbulo. "Very well my lord. I defer to your logistical expertise in this matter. I have another request, one that may pertain directly to our mission. Some techno-artifice divination equipment could be, ah, instrumental in assisting in locating our target and their means of controlling this monstrous construct. Perhaps some equipment of that nature can be acquired to improve our chances?"

I would hate to have to simply wander where the demons are thickest to be found once we reach the surface!

Things Like These
Personal Scanning Equipment:

PSE-7000 - Three Galaxies, pg 105
UWW ARS-500 - Three Galaxies, pg 108

Both have multiple modular systems/packages that can be installed. I am willing to draft a specific build or the like if desired.
PS: I think the prices on those pieces of gear are ... insanely high. Screw the mage. Geek the tech first and steal his stuff!


When Thought becomes unsettled Vortigern turns and observes, one hand reaching down to settle on his axe. When Thought ... multiplies himself Vortigern turns and draws back a bit, seemingly rather unsettled for a moment. Then he slowly calms before turning towards Icky. "Perhaps you would care to explain? Did he just ... give birth? An asexual ... calving? How often does this occur? If they each do likewise the growth rate will be beyond calculation soon. We should take precautions that they do not overrun the city. It could be a greater threat than Hades."
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 111/180


Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 101/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)


Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

MDC: 300/300
ISP: 230/230
PPE: 9/9
Forcefield1: 0/160
Forcefield2: 160/160


Varya

MDC/Body: 62/62
MDC/Shell: 0/116
User avatar
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Chef Icky » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:31 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 13/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 57

Solaris wrote:"So clear and in the rear, eh?", she lightly taunts.


Icky laughs. "Oi, yeah, not my idea o' a good time when a boss brawl's a-brewin'... Gimme 'blunt an' in front' any day."

Dark Lord wrote:Corbulo shrugs. ”It’s a safe bet that anything you’ve encountered thus far will be on the planet, in force. We don’t have any information on the exact disposition of Halthhag’s forces on Cormal, but I doubt he would have retreated there if he couldn’t defend his position. There’s a demon fleet engaging the ships at Kotus alongside Cormal. On Cormal’s surface, your guess is as good as mine.”


Icky snorts and nods. "Figures. Best ta plan on plasma weapons not workin' too well on 'em den." He then dials up Kruxxis' comm code to request either a NE-105 Super-Rail Gun (DB8 Naruni Wave 2, p.33) or at the least a GR-15AR Assault Rifle (DB2 Phase World, p.126) depending on what might be available -- regardless of which one he can get he requests as much ammo as he can. And when he realizes his old Grav-Pack is missing, he asks if they could spare a new one.

Just as he gets off the comlink with Kruxxis he witnesses Thought's mega-mitosis (and his associated freaking out). "What da actual smeggin' frell is goin' on 'ere?" he takes a step back as one Thought becomes many mini-Thoughts. I've heard about those Invincible Guardsmen before, they're supposed to have some freaky powers... but I've never heard about anything as freaky as THIS. He's not sure whether he should be annoyed or amused as he's swarmed by the horde of miniature minotaurs... but when one tries to tie a cloth around his horn he's officially had enough. He pulls the mini-Thought away, as gently yet firmly as he can. "Oi! Oi! Oi! Nobody gets ta climb 'Mount Icky' unless dey're fiesty an' female! Give ova!" He waves the small oaf at Starchief. "Oi Meatball, ya really gotta watch yerself wit' yer recruitin' -- yer new guy barely takes a tap an' 'e goes all ta pieces."

He sets down the would-be bovine Edmund Hillary (not that Icky would know who that was) and proceeds to try and pry the others off him. Feetal's gizz, but children never seemed to like me THIS much... "Oi, lil' chums, 'ow 'bout doin' yer Uncle Icky a solid an' pull yerselves back together, eh? Or at least go try ta climb Mount Somebody Else..." If any more try to climb up on him he'll try to push them away -- again, as gently yet firmly as he can.

Vortigern wrote:When Thought becomes unsettled Vortigern turns and observes, one hand reaching down to settle on his axe. When Thought ... multiplies himself Vortigern turns and draws back a bit, seemingly rather unsettled for a moment. Then he slowly calms before turning towards Icky. "Perhaps you would care to explain? Did he just ... give birth? An asexual ... calving? How often does this occur? If they each do likewise the growth rate will be beyond calculation soon. We should take precautions that they do not overrun the city. It could be a greater threat than Hades."


Icky shrugs. "Ya got me, chum. I ain't never seen dis kinda stuff 'fore. Usually we prefer our makin' bacon done da ol' fashioned way. It's a lot more fun dan splittin' up like some micro-germ, dat's fer sure."
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Prothor » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:48 pm

Percep 33%: 1d100 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 50

Lore: Demon & Monsters 58%=1d100 = 34
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 53%=1d100 = 42
Lore: Galactic/Alien 48%=1d100 = 64

Prothor is thinking on what exactly a demon planet is when Starchief starts to recap the mission in front of them and assigns the teams. At least, he lists off who he's taking. Prothor turns to Vortigern, "That seems to leave you with us." If Prothor wasn't all cyber, his tone makes you think he'd be saying that with a raised eyebrow. "Don't worry. You're in good company and we won't have to worry about controlling the living beatstick." He nods over to Thought at the exact moment the Space Minotaur falls apart and starts causing a scene. "Um, yeah. Like I said." He pats Vortigern on the back as the other man starts asking about scanning devices.

Prothor then heads over to the FIDO and retrieves his plasma cannon. Eying the evil looking trident he pulled off of one of the dead demons, he gives a little head shake and leaves it in the cargo carrier. Turning back to the group, he says, "Request whatever gear you can carry and get aboard our ship." He grins a little to himself at that last part. "Baron, you're our pilot. And remember you're flying our paycheck, so no unnecessary risks."
Prothor
Current Details
MDC by Location:
Left Upper Arm: 47/47-------Right Upper Arm: 47/47-------------Main Body: 180/180
Left Forearm: 33/33----------Right Forearm: 33/33----------------Head: 60/60
Left Hand: 33/33--------------Right Hand: 33/33
Left Leg: 60/60----------------Right Leg: 60/60
Left Foot: 13/13---------------Right Foot: 13/13

MI-B2 Medium Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Main Body: 230/230
Arms (2): 38 each.
Legs (2): 60 each.
Head/Helmet: 15
Integrated OP-Field (60min or 20 switch ons)
[*]1 - OP Field E-Clip loaded / use: 9.5 min / 4 switch on
Integrated N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
M.D.C.: 137/160

-Weapons:
Right hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Heavy Laser Blaster, Retractable/pop up
Left hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Mini-Machine Gun, Retractable/pop up
Skull of Saint Sabatt
PH-100 Heavy Phase Beamer
NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
Soul Craft Longsword
assorted grenades

-Current Effects/Conditions: None

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Image
User avatar
Prothor
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:57 pm
Location: Phase World PC (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Baron » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:44 pm

Chico Barone

Perception: 51% (+5%/combat, +15%/time)/ 1d100 = 4
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 63
Conditions
Stat Tracker:H.P.: 28/28; S.D.C.: 67/67
Weapon in hand: Built-in Particle Beam attached to NE-BA-226 (6/10 shots 3/4 eclips)
Armor: NE-BA-226MDC: (bonuses applied)
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
• Built-In N-F20A Force Field: 66/75

Power Armor: NETW-PA,
Permanent Conditions:
  • The character can communicate with any computer system regardless of preventative measures. Link can be by touch or remote connection.
  • Impervious to Fear
  • Character is ambidextrous and can literally divide his mind into two semi-autonomous parts to accomplish two separate tasks, without penalty and with all his natural bonuses.
  • Implants: Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration, Night-Vision, Polarized Lenses, Long Range Receiver/Transmitter Headjack
Temporary Conditions: Stoned, Pumped on Adrenaline.


Skills
Multi-tasking, Mechano-Link
Use the Drones to maintain 360 degrees of awareness; find and target heavy hitters, and confuse and deterr the enemy:
Electronic Counter Measures 99% / 1d100 = 41
Basic Math 109% / 1d100 = 10
Radio: Basic 99% / 1d100 = 18
Mathematics: Advanced 89% / 1d100 = 21


Sorrey wrote:. "Nice one Baron and Tis! That's some pretty good work considering the time constraints."

"Not too shabby."

Baron watches Thought explode into a fury of Thoughts. He lights a Spliff. Considers offering it to the nearest mini-Thought but given the numbers, thinks better of it. In the mutagen rich Pleasure Slums Baron grew up in such occurrences were not uncommon. Ay, ay, ay. Los mutantes. Baron merely smiles at a Thought-Nearest-Too-Him. "Cool Beans."

Tin-Butt wrote: "Baron, you're our pilot. And remember you're flying our paycheck, so no unnecessary risks."


"You got it, Ironlung. No unnecessary risks while we raid the demon planet, roger that." replies Baron with no apparent sarcasm.


"Kruuxis my main man! I've got a shopping list for you! Hope you remember your friendly neighborhood, cheezfearing pilot."'


12-42 KHEX High Explosive (1D4x10 M.D.) Mini-Missiles
1 TX-002 Heavy Weapon Shield
Code: Select all
[b]TX-002 Heavy Weapon Shield[/b]
[size=85][i]The TX-001 Heavy Weapon Shield not only provides additional armored protection, but conceals a battery of mini-missiles. The missiles are hidden behind the armored plating that flips open to fire them.[/i]
M.D.C. of the Shield: 160
• Weight: 200 lbs. plus the weight of the missiles.
• Range: Close combat with the shield as a melee weapon, one mile for mini-missiles.
• Damage:
• • Shield as a blunt weapon: +1D6 M.D. to punch M.D. as per Robotic P.S.
• • Mini-Missiles: Varies with missile type.
• Rate of Fire: Missiles can be fired one at a time or in volleys of 2, 4, 8 or all 30 at once.
• Payload: 30 total missiles.
Modifiers: +1 to parry with shield.[/size]


Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 75% 1d100 = 71
... and some Magic Protection please. I've been feeling bad juju all day. I've noticed a bunch of folks got magical protection or weapons. I can swing a magic sword ya know.

Blue-collar Bot wrote:"I'm in! Quick close the door before I fall over, or something"

"And we're off! ..." Almost as soon as the door is closed the Star Ghost begins moving. "I wonder if this is the first time a Promethean Star Ghost has ferried a Drudge?"
Chico Barone is wearing: Baron's Borrowed NE Tech-Warrior and his accessory is: None!!?!?!

Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Viscount Armine Chico Von Caligula
Don't panic; know where your towel is. Any person who can travel the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a person to be reckoned with. And, above all, always remember that time is nothing but an illusion and mealtimes especially so. ~ From Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Armine Caligula. By way of Douglas Adams
The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear, by Captain A. Baron
Better to live or die, once and for all, than die by inches. Death is merely a dialogue between the Spirit and the Dust. Since we're all going to die, it's obvious that when and how don't matter, ~ From The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear by Captain A. Baron By way of Homer, Albert Camus, Emily Dickinson, Douglas Adams and Joseph Heller
User avatar
Baron
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:57 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Solaris » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:25 am

Per: 1d100 = 55/58%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 26

"Must be hard finding a female minotaur to 'climb all over' ya, eh, Icky?", Solaris jests. All I've seen are male ones. I wonder how big... Lisa quickly looks at Metri, blushes and tries to think of less depraved thoughts. He better not be reading my mind.

Icky the bastard wrote:"Ya got me, chum. I ain't never seen dis kinda stuff 'fore. Usually we prefer our makin' bacon done da ol' fashioned way. It's a lot more fun dan splittin' up like some micro-germ, dat's fer sure."


THANKS ICKY! NOW I'M PICTURING IT!
"So, Master Metri...what do you think of our chances?", Solaris asks, trying to block out any non-mission thoughts.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Metri » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:30 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 98/33%
JIC: 1d20 = 4| 1d100 = 28%
-----------------------------------
((Lore: Galactic. 1d100 = 48 / 70% <== About Cormal))

"Icky!" Metri exclaims in elation when he finally sees his old comrade. He rushes up to the minotaur to plant a giant hug on him (likely only succeeding in attaching himself to the bovine's massive leg). Even as the minotaur goes around greeting others, the Yhabbayar continues to squeeze Icky's leg like a small child overfilled with happiness at the return of a parent.

Corbulo's briefing however, forges new lines of worry on Metri's face. A demonic planet? And the largest of its kind, able to spawn other demonic planets? This will be quite the test of our abilities.

When Starchief speaks up, Metri is glad that it sounds like Icky will be rejoining them in this mission. And he steals another glance of happiness up at the bovine's face in what has recently been a sea of violence and misery.

Likewise, when Thought spills into his many swarm selves in another moment of comic relief, Metri allows himself a giggle and playfully chases one ore more of the swarm selves, allowing himself to be play-tackled by the many. If we are to think of Thought as a missile to be launched... what an incredible sight it will be when he hits the target and blossoms into the many miniature versions of himself only to tear apart whatever the target is.

Solaris wrote:"Must be hard finding a female minotaur to 'climb all over' ya, eh, Icky?", Solaris jests. All I've seen are male ones. I wonder how big... Lisa quickly looks at Metri, blushes and tries to think of less depraved thoughts. He better not be reading my mind.

Icky the bastard wrote:"Ya got me, chum. I ain't never seen dis kinda stuff 'fore. Usually we prefer our makin' bacon done da ol' fashioned way. It's a lot more fun dan splittin' up like some micro-germ, dat's fer sure."


THANKS ICKY! NOW I'M PICTURING IT!
"So, Master Metri...what do you think of our chances?", Solaris asks, trying to block out any non-mission thoughts.


Solaris' musing draws a broad smile to Metri's face before he then enters a look of mock pensiveness, "If assume even distribution of male and females, we do... And only males Solaris has met on adventures... Maybe collected in large aggregates the women are, allowing men to go out exploring. Finding the planet of female minotaurs, a solution to Icky's... and Thought's relationship dilemma would be." The Yhabbayar nods once emphatically at his impeccable logic.

Equipment request
  • Draygon Stormstrike heavy weapon with extra ammo. (DB: Three Galaxies. pg. 114)
  • ML-20 TK Grenade Launcher. (MercOps. pg. 148)
  • Void grenades (MercOps. pg. 151) <hoping for 6>
  • Nexus grenades (MercOps. pg. 151)
  • NE-10G Grenades (DB: Naruni Wave 2. pg. 95) <hoping for a crate of fragmentation>
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Solaris » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:21 am

((rolls held))

Solaris looks at Metri, stunned for a moment. "Uh, I, uh, meant our chances o-on success in our mission.", she stutters.

Is he messing with me? He WAS reading my mind! I'm sure of it!
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Tis » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:32 am

Tisephone Atroposa
Perception: 37% (+15% regarding magic, machines, or their combination, +10% in the dark)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 79
Stats
: • • MDC: 40/40 • • PPE: 140/125 • • ISP: 98/51
Armor M.D.C.: 150/108 • • PPE Battery: 180/105


My Fearless Leader wrote:When I call your name step forward. Thought! Tisephone Atroposa! Kiadan Slywyth! Welcome to the crew of the Dime Store Magic, Galactic Adventurers one and all. If you need supplies, speak now or forever hold your peace. We are going to fly a phase ship into a demon planet, take down a demon bear and usurp control of said demon planet. Are there any questions?"


"NO THANK YOU FOR THE HONOR SIR!!!!" Shouts Tis as she steps forward, so excited she fails to phrase the words correctly. She tries again, "No questions, sir. Thank you for the honor." Gosh he's handsome.


Solaris wrote:"Don't feel as though you HAVE to help him...", Solaris suggests.

"If only it weren't the end of the Universe... I'll try to help Master Sorrenson more." decides Tis as she replies to Solaris.

Sorrenson wrote:"Nice one Baron and Tis! That's some pretty good work considering the time constraints."

"Thank you Master Sorrenson, always a pleasure to work with a talented practitioner.
We did accomplish a lot."
Tis agrees.
Solaris wrote:((rolls held))

Solaris looks at Metri, stunned for a moment. "Uh, I, uh, meant our chances o-on success in our mission.", she stutters.

Is he messing with me? He WAS reading my mind! I'm sure of it!


"Teehee." Tis lets a giggle slip as she witnesses the exchange.


Before Corbulo leaves (or just to Kruuxis if that works) Tis requests the following:

"I would like to contact any representatives of my people here in Center, not only to enquire after their well-being but to request that they lend their aid to our mission. I believe there may be a Psycopompene gunsmith in the market here. If so I would ask if they can provide one of our Demonburner Rifles, or Knock-Knock Pistols. More common TW items that might be available from any arcane supplier I would respectively like to requisition are: the Thundergun Revolver, E-Mag Rifle or Pistol, Magefire Bolt Rifle or the Bolter Sniper Rifle. Otherwise 6 E-clips will do. Thank you. " A little bolder the second time around at this requisitioning sesh, Tis lays out the various top-shelf TW weapons that would be really cool right now.

OOC-There could be a Psycompompene TW Gunsmith in Center :pirat:

"In addition, earlier I overheard the others speak of a Techno-Wizard device that when deployed could clear and hold any location from demon influence. I wonder if such a device might aid us in this endeavour?"

Trust 50% 1d100 = 2
Charm 50% 1d100 = 53

-----------------------------------------------------
rare items by the grace of a higher power
TW 'Demonburner' Rifle
[Image]
• Range: 1000ft
• Damage: 4d6*10+10 MD to the Supernatural only.
• Rate of Fire: 1 shot per action
• Payload: 5 blasts can be stored in the gun
• Recharge Cost: 25 PPE
• Modifiers: +2 to strike in addition to any skill or O.C.C. bonuses
Magic Features
• Superscope: Nightvision, See Aura, See Invisible, Farseeing
•• 2 mile (3.6 km) range.
•• Constant effect as long as one charge remains in gun. Otherwise 10 minutes costs 1 PPE
• Fires Desiccation Beam: 4d6*10+10 MD to the supernatural only.
• Light Target: A successful strike lights target (as per spell) for five minutes.

TW "Knock-Knock" Pistol
[Image]
• Range: 500'
• Damage: 1d4*10 MD plus knockdown to direct target. Half damage plus knockdown to a 30' radius.
• Rate of Fire: 1 shot per action
• Payload: 6 blasts
• Recharge Cost: 24 P.P.E.
• Modifiers: +1 to strike
Magic Features
• Fires an Electric Bolt with an area knockdown effect.
Notes
Knockdown effect as per Shockwave spell


less uncommon items
TW Thundergun Revolver
[Image]
Range: 200'
Damage: 3D6 S.D.C. to mortal beings, 5D6 M.D. to practitioners and creatures of magic, 1D6x10 M.D. to supernatural beings
Rate of Fire: Single shot only, each blast counts as one melee attack
Payload: Six shots
Recharge: 10 P.P.E. or 20 I.S.P.


Armstrong "Bolter" TW Sniping Rifle
[Image]
• Range: 2200' (670.6m)
• Damage: 3d6+2 MD
• Rate of Fire: One shot per action
• Payload: 2 bolts per charge.
• Recharge Cost: 10 P.P.E.
• Modifiers: +3 to strike in addition to W.P. and other bonuses.
• Weight: 5 lbs


MP-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle
Image
• Range: 1600'
• Damage & RoF: 5D6+3 M.D. per single shot. or 1D6x10+6 M.D. for a three shot pulse.
• Payload: 18 blasts total
• Recharge Cost: 40 P.P.E. or 80 I.S.P. to completely recharge.
• Weight: 7 lbs.

Cost: 56,000 credits


MR-12 E-Mag Splinter Rifle
[Image]
• Range: 1600'
• Damage & RoF: 1D4x10+10 M.D.; single shots only
• Payload: 25 blasts total
• Recharge Cost: 20 P.P.E. or 40 I.S.P. per 5 blasts; 100 P.P.E. or 200 I.S.P. to completely recharge.
• Weight: 11 lbs.

MPR-4 E-Mag Splinter Pistol
[Image]
• Range: 200'
• Damage: 5D6+5 M.D. per blast
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 5 blasts
• Recharge Cost: 20 P.P.E. or 40 I.S.P.
• Weight: 5 lbs.
• Cost: 57,000 credits


6 long E-clips
User avatar
Tis
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: PW:A

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Solaris » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:38 am

((rolls held))

Lisa feels herself go more and more red with each passing second. Tis' giggling doesn't help one bit, but the ex-CAF Officer tries to remain composure. Sometimes, amplified hearing is really crap.

She suddenly snaps her helmet on to hide her growing discomfort, and sets the a/c to max. "Anyone notice that the environmental controls are a little off?", she asks to no one in particular.

If her gear requests have been fulfilled, Solaris makes her way to check out the group's new ship. ((OOC: Each group gets one, I take it?))
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Metri » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:43 am

((rolls held))

Solaris wrote:Solaris looks at Metri, stunned for a moment. "Uh, I, uh, meant our chances o-on success in our mission.", she stutters.


Realizing his mistake, Metri joins Solaris in a bout of embarrassment. His cheeks flush a darker hue of green before he tries to address Solaris' real question. Sensing the nervous undertone of the question, he does not answer directly. "Hmm." Metri begins, closing his eyes and nodding in agreement. "Difficult the mission is. Filled with uncertainty." Opening his eyes, he continues, leaning toward a more upbeat tone, "Accomplishing the impossible... is nothing new. Trust, I do... in the exceptionalism of everyone here." Metri gestures with a wave of his arm, stopping on Lisa, "Commander Solaris especially." and flashing her a wink.

When Solaris heads over to look at the new ghost ship, Metri will walk with her and ask, "See anything like this before, have you? Able to showcase your flying soon. Hmm, yess."
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Solaris » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:24 am

((rolls held))

Master Metri wrote: "Accomplishing the impossible... is nothing new. Trust, I do... in the exceptionalism of everyone here." Metri gestures with a wave of his arm, stopping on Lisa, "Commander Solaris especially."

Tis' giggling notwithstanding, Solaris nods respectfully, "Thank you, Master Metri." She gives Tis a pat on the shoulder, admiring the young woman's work. "Nice job, Tis. If it were me, I would've 'accidentally' shocked Baron, but lucky for him, you're not me."

Heading to the new fighter, Solaris slows her stride for her Yhabbayar companion, eyeing the Star Ghost with enthusiasm. I know at least a dozen pilots who would be green with envy right now., she thinks with a smirk.

"Never flown something quite like this, Master Metri. Hopefully the cockpit controls are laid out in a familiar pattern. If it flies like any other fighter, we'll manage." I hope.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Bryke » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 77
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 83

"Thank you." The Temporal Warlock states when given his fixed Force Field Generator .

I'll table the Cestus idea for now since no one seems to know a gladiators tool of choice, besides drawing up something with Sorrenson and/or Tis when time permits could prove interesting- that is if we actually make it back from Cormal.

In response to Bryke’s questions, Corbulo shakes his head. ”All we know about Cormal I have shared with you. I don’t have time for questions about the fate of Center’s mages- I have a city to defend.”


"I do not envy your responsibility Corbulo, I only find it odd that nearly all our casters were missing in this ground fight- and that they have with one accord (seemingly) left Center caster-less?"Bryke pauses to allow his words to have an affect before continuing, "Oddly coincidental."
Natural Abilities

Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 71%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.

PPE: 236/93
ISP: 125/29
SDC:634/534 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/147

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
User avatar
Bryke
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Chef Icky » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:21 am

((rolls held over))

Metri wrote:"Icky!" Metri exclaims in elation when he finally sees his old comrade. He rushes up to the minotaur to plant a giant hug on him (likely only succeeding in attaching himself to the bovine's massive leg). Even as the minotaur goes around greeting others, the Yhabbayar continues to squeeze Icky's leg like a small child overfilled with happiness at the return of a parent.


Icky laughs as Metri rushes up to greet him. "Oi, hiya Boog! Good ta see ya too!" He reaches down and pats him on the back. "Glad ta see ya didn't wind up pulped out dere. We're gonna have'ta have a sit-down gab session when dis is all over wit' so I can hear all 'bout yer ops while I was havin' ta ride da vidscreens."

Solaris wrote:"Must be hard finding a female minotaur to 'climb all over' ya, eh, Icky?", Solaris jests.


Icky chuckles. "Dat ain't yer volunteerin' I'm hearin', is it Goldie?" He pokes her in the arm with his elbow. "HA! Jus' yankin' yer chain dere -- I got me a strict rule 'bout not knockin' hooves wit' me crew mates. Always ends up leavin' a bad taste in yer mouth -- like when lettin' mato sauce boil over, only wit' no matoes." Well, strictly speaking it's more of a 'guideline' than an actual rule... he shrugs to himself.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Tis » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:17 am

(Rolls carried)
Icky Icky wrote:Icky chuckles. "Dat ain't yer volunteerin' I'm hearin', is it Goldie?" He pokes her in the arm with his elbow. "HA! Jus' yankin' yer chain dere -- I got me a strict rule 'bout not knockin' hooves wit' me crew mates. Always ends up leavin' a bad taste in yer mouth -- like when lettin' mato sauce boil over, only wit' no matoes." Well, strictly speaking it's more of a 'guideline' than an actual rule... he shrugs to himself.


Tis' eyes grow large and her pale white skin turns a bright shade of pink when the thought of inter-species relations now completely intersects with the inkling of minotaur penis size. Goodness me, what kind of group is this? Then then thought of Thought, or rather 27 Inklings, engaged in the boudoir and Tis' comparative sexual innocence is destroyed. She puts her helmet on and turns back to her equipment, whether it needs tinkering with or not.
User avatar
Tis
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: PW:A

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Baron » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:26 am

(Rolls Carried)

Baron swiftly downs a can of Cool Bananas and begins to try on the new P.A..

BZZZT!!!


"OW! What the Frakk! Static Charge?!! How did that get stored there?" Baron yelps as he gets shocked by an unexpected static shock.
Chico Barone is wearing: Baron's Borrowed NE Tech-Warrior and his accessory is: None!!?!?!

Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Viscount Armine Chico Von Caligula
Don't panic; know where your towel is. Any person who can travel the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a person to be reckoned with. And, above all, always remember that time is nothing but an illusion and mealtimes especially so. ~ From Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Armine Caligula. By way of Douglas Adams
The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear, by Captain A. Baron
Better to live or die, once and for all, than die by inches. Death is merely a dialogue between the Spirit and the Dust. Since we're all going to die, it's obvious that when and how don't matter, ~ From The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear by Captain A. Baron By way of Homer, Albert Camus, Emily Dickinson, Douglas Adams and Joseph Heller
User avatar
Baron
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:57 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Tis » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:28 am

Baron wrote:BZZZT!!!

"OW! What the Frakk! Static Charge?!! How did that get stored there?" Baron yelps as he gets shocked by an unexpected static shock.


Solaris wrote:"Nice job, Tis. If it were me, I would've 'accidentally' shocked Baron, but lucky for him, you're not me."


Tis nods to Solaris and taps the faceplate of her helmet where the 'nose' would be.
User avatar
Tis
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: PW:A

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Dark Lord » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:10 pm

The briefing ends, and after an entertaining interlude wherein Thought discovers his ability to split into miniature versions of himself, the combined teams get down to planning their next moves. And of course, a very interesting discussion of interspecies mating. Reasonable requisitions are handed out as follows:

Requisitions
Solaris- Ammo as requested, 1 N-20B force field integrated into your armor of choice. One extra NE-EB battery.
Icky- NE-105 Super Rail Gun, fully loaded.
Baron- Missiles as requested.
Metri- Stormstrike, with one extra 100-round clip, four void grenades, half a dozen NE-10G fragmentation
Tis- TW Thundergun, Armstrong “Bolter”, and three extra long e-clips.


Vortigern wrote:"Very well my lord. I defer to your logistical expertise in this matter. I have another request, one that may pertain directly to our mission. Some techno-artifice divination equipment could be, ah, instrumental in assisting in locating our target and their means of controlling this monstrous construct. Perhaps some equipment of that nature can be acquired to improve our chances?"
”Rest assured, you’ll have logistics support when you arrive. We won’t be sending you in blind. The on-board sensors your team has at its disposal should be more than up to the task.”
Baron wrote:... and some Magic Protection please. I've been feeling bad juju all day. I've noticed a bunch of folks got magical protection or weapons. I can swing a magic sword ya know.
Corbulo shakes his head. ”Can’t help you there, soldier. The magic quarter was practically a ghost town before the invasion, and it’s still swarming with demons. It’s gonna be a while before any kind of magic doo-dads will be easy to find on Center.”
Tis wrote:"In addition, earlier I overheard the others speak of a Techno-Wizard device that when deployed could clear and hold any location from demon influence. I wonder if such a device might aid us in this endeavour?"
”I’m afraid Master Thraxus’ little show-stopper is still firmly affixed where you lot left it. Believe me, if I knew a way to move it I would’ve done so by now, but your boss is playing coy in the matter.”

Bryke wrote:"I do not envy your responsibility Corbulo, I only find it odd that nearly all our casters were missing in this ground fight- and that they have with one accord (seemingly) left Center caster-less?"Bryke pauses to allow his words to have an affect before continuing, "Oddly coincidental."
Corbulo nods. ”I don’t believe in coincidence. Both the demons and the deevils appeared on Phase World in far greater numbers than would have been possible due solely to their takeover of Gateland. Several hundred thousand managed to get themselves smuggled to Center via transports, but even that doesn’t explain the sheer quantity in evidence here. Whatever it was these factions intended, it’s clear that they were building up to it for a long time. It makes sense that taking out the magic-users in Center would be a part of that process- mages and psychics would be the likeliest to see through any demonic disguises. Whatever’s happened, I just hope it can be reversed over time.”

Corbulo stands, consults a datapad, then states ”Captain Holt and, er, Ms. Slywyth, we have a special mission for the two of you on Cormal’s surface. Your orders will be transmitted to you separately- take the ship with your teammates then debark as instructed. Good luck to you both.” Turning back to Starchief, Corbulo adds ”I realize that this leaves you a little short on muscle. A new player joined the battle for C&C towards the end there; he seems like your type of people, and frankly I don’t have much use for weirdo lone-wolf types. He’ll meet you down in the hangar. Good luck to you as well.”
Handwavium wrote:I dislike introducing new PCs this way, but I’m not really inclined to do the mental gymnastics required to introduce a new character on Cormal’s surface, so insert the new guy’s intro here. If it doesn’t work out, pretend Corbulo didn’t say that last sentence.


The tinkerers finish their work. All requested supplies are delivered, and you are shown down to the hangar. There, your ships await. Holt boards the Adventurers’ shuttle with Kiadan (the dragon’s small size allowing two of them to take up one seat), while the Rogues (including Vortigern’s entourage file into the other, albeit with some protests from Carbunckle). Solaris and Baron take their respective helms (though Baron finds his more than a little cramped and awkward in his powered armor; -10% to all piloting skills). Finally, any of you snooping through the limited cargo area (successful perception roll; pilots excluded) will rather ominously note that it has been mostly filled with some kind of putty- any of you who spot it and who also have either demolitions or demolitions disposal will realize that it is KHEX plastique, and that it’s presently inert. Any attempts to guess at how much is there will put the estimate at around 100 pounds per shuttle!

Before you have much of a chance to panic or angrily call up Corbulo on the comm., you are given clearance and take off. Those of you near the windows can take a peek outside and see that Center is definitely worse for wear in light of the demonic invasion- smoke arises from some of the external landing platforms, and several have been destroyed. The city’s structure, as always, remains enigmatically immaculate.

As you proceed off of the surface of phase world, you realize that a number of other ships are joining you. Several are Promethean style, such as your own, but the majority appear to be shuttle or freighter classes; all appear to be on the same heading as your own- leaving the planet’s orbit then making a hard turn out of the plane of the system. Your trepidation at flying into the teeth of a demonic fleet (and, quite literally, that of a demon planet) eases slightly as the sight of your reinforcements. And of course, one can always blame the sinking feeling in one’s stomach on leaving Phase World’s gravity well.

No such excuses are afforded you as you leave the atmosphere. While Vortigern finds entering space proper to be a wondrous sight, those of you used to it find your gaze drawn to the devastation around Phase World. Here, the scope of the demons’ grand ambitions for the planet are brought into stark relief- what you initially might mistake for a new asteroid field you quickly realize is debris. Thousands upon thousands of space ships, many of them refugee ships destroyed by the demons solely for the purpose of interfering with the ground defenses’ targeting systems. Dozens of others heavily-armed warships, lying silent and lifeless and occasionally punctuating their rest with silent supernovae as their power cores finally give up the ghost. Further emphasizing the grotesque nature of the scene before you are the rotted hulks of what can only be demon ships- battleships easily the equals of the best that the CCW or the TGE have to offer. The defenders gave as good as they got, and ultimately carried the day, but those of you that care about such things cannot help but mourn the millions of lives lost because of the demons’ ambitions. It is a reminder of the horrors of war, of the innocents who always seem to get caught up in such events, and a grim testament to the necessity of what you do next. Suicide mission or no.

Fortunately, you only have five minutes or so to ponder the tableau. Before you can get to close to the debris field, or the cluster of ships huddling furtively to one side of it, your course takes a sharp turn and takes you out of the plane of the elliptical. You’re heading into empty space now, and as if given a silent command the allied pilots accelerate to maximum velocity, eager to leave the graveyard behind.

Another few minutes and you’re given the all-clear to activate your phase transceivers- to your knowledge, the first time such technology has been used for anything other than a rapid return to Phase World. There’s a flash of light, a curious sense of stretching, and then all is back to normal.

Y’know, aside from the planet out of a Lovecraftian nightmare before you. A maw large enough to swallow entire space fleets, ringed by tentacles thousands of miles long and punctuated by sharp, grasping teeth has fallen upon the assembled space fleets and is rapidly devouring them, like some sort of wild animal.

Silhouetted against a white hole (itself a rarity in astronomical terms), Cormal is the site of a massive free-for-all that stands in stark contrast to the mournful silence of the Phase World system. A demon fleet rings the planet, protecting it from all interlopers (though anyone foolish enough to approach has since either been destroyed or learned its lesson).

A hodge-podge of other ships stretches all around you- not quite as far as the eye can see, but easily the largest space fleet any of you has ever seen assembled before. Many ships have already been destroyed, victims of roaming demonic forces that appear to be targeting any ships attempting to power their FTL engines. Some opportunists and pirates appear to have taken the opportunity to settle old scores, or do some good old-fashioned looting, and are fighting one another. Others, civilian and religious transports from what you can tell via comm-chatter, are effectively helpless and either hiding behind allied battleships or making a break for it (and subsequently getting cut to ribbons). Here and there, though, are what look to be organized pockets of resistance- heavily armed ships from the CCW and various independent worlds for the most part. There is no sign of the phase gate that brought you here, or the Promethean battle cruiser in charge of it. Presumably, the Prometheans are using their mysterious technology to keep themselves a mystery.

An all-text transmission flashes onto the pilots’ screens- instructing all allied forces to hold position and await further instructions. You eye the demon ships nervously, but so far they appear to have taken no notice of the small armada that has jumped in from nowhere (one reason to be thankful for the chaos ahead of you).

Fortunately, you are not kept waiting long. A video transmission from one of the larger battleships is simulcast to both of your vessels, and the upper body of some gray-skinned alien you don’t recognize pops up onto the screen. He looks harried, but calm.

”You are the mercenaries under the employ of Lord Thraxus, are you not? I have orders for you.” The fellow blinks, shapes his head, then sighs ”Sorry- Lieutenant Bedwyn, Consortium Armed Forces. Been a long day.” He taps a console nearby and his image is replaced with a map (those of you manning the controls will also see a static image of the map has been downloaded).
Exterior.jpg


”This is a real-time feed of the area around what we believe to be Halthhag’s primary headquarters. As you can see, it’s pretty mountainous terrain- we’ve been trying to land a strike force to breach the citadel, but his ground-to-orbit defenses are second only to Phase World’s. We can’t get through, and we don’t have the resources to keep trying. Orbital scans have reveal a sizeable power signature in that ravine south-west of the main plateau- we think it’s some sort of generator. At least, I sure hope it’s not some sort of demonic horror show- that’d make your lives more complicated.”

”If you haven’t noticed, the powers that be scraped up every bit of plastique they could find on Center and loaded it into your cargo modules. You’re brave men and women to agree to fly a ship loaded like that through a war zone. We need you to fly into that ravine, locate the generator, and destroy it. After that, join the assault on Halthhag’s main citadel.”

”Fair warning, we can’t tell you want to expect down there, but Halthhag has hundreds of thousands of troops at your disposal. We’ll offer you all the support we can, but our troop transports and light fighters need to stay out of range until you can get those defenses knocked offline. Corbulo says you folks are the right ones for the job- I hope he’s right because I sure wouldn’t wish this mission on any of my men. Good luck- we’ll be firing a covering barrage at the demon fleet in one minute. Get ready to get the hell down there, fast.”

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 87/33 +15 Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 24

Baron wrote: "I wonder if this is the first time a Promethean Star Ghost has ferried a Drudge?"

From his more-cramped-than-normal cockpit Sorrenson replies. Yeah, I'd say so. Def the first time someones taken a dirty ol' Drudge on an assault of a Demon Planet... Pretty strange considering I don't have a death wish. Who knows, maybe they have some I-Beams I can set in place, or containers that need moving. More likely, just lotsa demons that need to be killed. LOTS!

On the trip out Sorrenson nervously waits for another one of his panic attacks to kick in. He's relived when it doesn't happen. Huh? What gives? No panic attack... I don't know if that's a good thing or not... When the messages start coming in, Sorrenson asks Baron to patch them through to him. He focuses on the 'generator' and tries to figure out what is it, and how to destroy it.

Basic Electronics 1d100 = 13 /76% - pass
Mechanical Engineer 1d100 = 13 /75% - pass
Techno-Wizardry Construction 1d100 = 39 /93% - pass
Electrical Engineer 1d100 = 78 /76% - fail

If he comes up with any insight, he'll share it with the group.
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Solaris » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:50 am

Per: 1d100 = 34/58%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 93

Pilot: Space Fighter 1d100 = 44/93%
Navigation: Space 1d100 = 60/78%

Lisa rankles at Icky's question, shakes her head and is glad to have her helmet on to hide her ever deepening blush. She accepts the extra supplies gladly and tucks them away on her ammo belt.

"Okay, who wants shotgun?"

Once Solaris is confident the Star Ghost will fly by doing a walk around and checking the flight controls, she takes her seat and awaits the rest of the group to board and get settled.

She does a full power up, methodically going through the pre-flight checklist with whoever was unlucky enough to call shotgun. Good work.

Taxiing to the runway (or launch pad).
"Center Control, this is GA Star Ghost, holding short of runway one one.", she finally radios the control tower, and awaits clearance to ramp up the power and take off.

Her radio crackles back with, "GA Star Ghost, this is Center Control, you are clear to depart on runway one one. Good hunting."

"Copy that Center Control. Have the victory parade ready for us."

Solaris gradually increases power and proceeds to head for space. It's been far too long., she muses, but her enjoyment of being back in space is tempered with the view of carnage around the planet. Solaris quickly goes back to focusing on her piloting duties and maintaining a high degree of professionalism.

Taking an abrupt turn into empty space, Solaris checks her systems again, finally getting a feel for the ship as the task force accelerates. "Activating phase-transceiver.", she warns, once given the signal, and switches it on. Oh jeez, that's disorienting. Must help to be promethean.

The text transmission appears to be genuine, and Solaris slows the ship to a "stop".
"Message coming in for us, Chief."

”You are the mercenaries under the employ of Lord Thraxus, are you not? I have orders for you.” The fellow blinks, shapes his head, then sighs ”Sorry- Lieutenant Bedwyn, Consortium Armed Forces. Been a long day.”

"Affirmative, this is...Lisa Solaris, of the Galactic Adventurers. Hold on...here's the Captain.", then Solaris adds with some humor, "Hopefully we'll have many more long days, Lieutenant."
I wonder if the good Lieutenant will recognize my name.

Once Bedwyn has finished his brief, Solaris nods, expecting Starchief to reply.
"Good luck, Lieutenant.", Solaris adds to whatever Starchief says.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Starchief » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:00 am

Perception: 1d100 = 92/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 85

Center:
Tis wrote:
My Fearless Leader wrote:When I call your name step forward. Thought! Tisephone Atroposa! Kiadan Slywyth! Welcome to the crew of the Dime Store Magic, Galactic Adventurers one and all. If you need supplies, speak now or forever hold your peace. We are going to fly a phase ship into a demon planet, take down a demon bear and usurp control of said demon planet. Are there any questions?"


"NO THANK YOU FOR THE HONOR SIR!!!!" Shouts Tis as she steps forward, so excited she fails to phrase the words correctly. She tries again, "No questions, sir. Thank you for the honor."

Recognizing the enthusiasm present, Andra nods to Tis to acknowledge her efforts.


Solaris wrote:"Good speech. I would've used more fist shaking, but still good.", Solaris chides Starchief.

Starchief laughs a little. "Fist shaking was my Commander's way. Probably helped that his fists could glow purple. Real intimidating. I can still remember it like it was yesterday."

Solaris wrote:
The Chief wrote: You fly to demon planets often?

"Can't say I do. But it could be a good place to work on my tan. If I'm not fried to a crisp first."

Tapping his rifle, Starchief says "I think we'll be doing the frying."

Solaris wrote:"I practically still am one of the "new people", aren't I?"

Starchief smiles back at Solaris. "After the display of power against those demons on the ramp, you're my secret weapon." At her analysis of the team, Starchief nods. "Solid rundown."

Starchief's eyes go wide when Thought falls to pieces under his back slap. The first face staring at him receives a strong eyebrow raise of confusion. Did I just see... No. Lots of magic going around. Just residual visions. Shake it off, Andra. When a few minutes pass by and Starchief is dealing with the technical aspects of the mission, he is taken by surprise when Thought runs to hide behind him and then melts into many small versions of himself. Finding himself under siege by a swarm of 6 inch adorable Thoughts, Starchief lets all the Thoughts on him know "All Thoughts are famous on Starchief Mountain." He helps some of the ones that are still trying to climb reach his shoulders so they can perch there.
Solaris wrote:"Is he gonna be alright?", she whispers to Andra.

"Look at the little guys. They're gonna be just fine."

At the exchange between Icky, Solaris and Metri, Starchief can't help but blush. This is probably a bad time to look at her. Who knows what they'll think I'm thinking...


Dark Lord wrote:Corbulo stands, consults a datapad, then states ”Captain Holt and, er, Ms. Slywyth, we have a special mission for the two of you on Cormal’s surface. Your orders will be transmitted to you separately- take the ship with your teammates then debark as instructed. Good luck to you both.” Turning back to Starchief, Corbulo adds ”I realize that this leaves you a little short on muscle. A new player joined the battle for C&C towards the end there; he seems like your type of people, and frankly I don’t have much use for weirdo lone-wolf types. He’ll meet you down in the hangar. Good luck to you as well.”

"You have not steered us wrong yet, Corbulo. If their mission is important, then we will make due with what we have. I'll keep my eye out for our new addition in the hangar."

Space Flight:
Solaris wrote:"Okay, who wants shotgun?"

"That would be me." Starchief straps himself in and doesn't take his eyes off the star field.

I love it out here. Since I can remember, this is what I knew I wanted to do. And now I'm the Captain of a starship? Life really does find a way. Seeing the destruction wrought by the invasion is disheartening, but Starchief works through it. Dying to forward freedom is the best death one could hope for. I'll remember these folks and fight for their spirits.

Solaris wrote:"Message coming in for us, Chief."

Dark Lord wrote:”You are the mercenaries under the employ of Lord Thraxus, are you not? I have orders for you.” The fellow blinks, shapes his head, then sighs ”Sorry- Lieutenant Bedwyn, Consortium Armed Forces. Been a long day.”

Solaris wrote:"Affirmative, this is...Lisa Solaris, of the Galactic Adventurers. Hold on...here's the Captain.", then Solaris adds with some humor, "Hopefully we'll have many more long days, Lieutenant."

"Well met, Lieutenant. Captain Andra Sekona, you can call me Starchief. You have my ear."

Dark Lord wrote:”If you haven’t noticed, the powers that be scraped up every bit of plastique they could find on Center and loaded it into your cargo modules. You’re brave men and women to agree to fly a ship loaded like that through a war zone.”

"The bravest, Lieutenant."

Starchief listens to the explanation of the situation carefully to come up with a tactical solution to their problem. "We will await your signal and then make our way planetside. This ship has plenty of features that should see us there safely. Not the least of which is an ace pilot. If that is all, we'll need a few minutes to talk and prepare. Awaiting your mark. Starchief out."

Starchief looks to Solaris. "I need an accurate estimation of the distance to the planet. Do we have enough Phase Charges to ghost the ship all the way there? Should we utilize the Jump system? This is your area of expertise. The explosives in the back are mine."
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Solaris » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:17 am

((rolls held))
Starchief wrote: "We will await your signal and then make our way planetside. This ship has plenty of features that should see us there safely. Not the least of which is an ace pilot. If that is all, we'll need a few minutes to talk and prepare. Awaiting your mark. Starchief out."


Solaris waits until the viewscreen flickers off. "Ace pilot? That's a lot of faith when you've barely seen my fly.", she says sarcastically. Yep, I'm the best and everyone knows it.

Starchief wrote:"I need an accurate estimation of the distance to the planet. Do we have enough Phase Charges to ghost the ship all the way there? Should we utilize the Jump system? This is your area of expertise. The explosives in the back are mine."


"Distance to target is simple math, presuming we know the spatial co-ordinates.", Solaris confidently nods. "That phase system on the other hand...I don't know...maybe?" pouring through whatever technical manual she can find, Solaris attempts to answer that query. ((OOC: GM?! HALP!))

DSM Edit 4/1/2018:
Minion War Star Ghost Specs Each charge has a short duration (minutes), so you won't be able to set it and forget it, it will require strategic/tactical use.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Chef Icky » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 4/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 5 | 1d100 = 98

Icky grins as he's handed the Super Rail Gun. "Now DIS is what I'm talkin' 'bout..." he chuckles. Demons may be fire and plasma resistant, but nothing beats kinetic energy for a good old-fashioned smackdown.

His smile fades when he approaches the DSM crew's assigned Star Ghost. "Oi vey..." he mutters dejectedly as he squeezes himself inside. "I knew I shouldn't 'ave stopped goin' ta dat yoga class." Once he gets himself inside and as situated as he can expect to be, he starts sniffing a peculiar odor. A familiar one at that. He takes a look around through the cargo area.

He opens up a panel and sees the explosive putty. So that's it. I thought that was either plastique or oregano -- figures it's not the latter; I'm running a bit low. However, his eyes grow wide when he realizes just how much of it is crammed away in the cargo hold. "Feetal's fraggin' gizzards..." he mutters to himself. "Oi, Meatball? Goldie? I don't wanna be da bearer o' bad news, but we're sittin' on 'nuff frakkin' KHEX ta blow us up several times over. Dey didn't use da words 'suicide mission' while I wasn't 'round, did dey?" He pauses a moment before adding. He looks over at Thought if he's in the fighter with him (or the Inklings, for that matter). "An' no fartin' in da general direction o' da cargo bay either. Save it fer da planet. Call it 'global warmin'' or somethin' like dat."

((OOC: Does it look smeared/poured into the cargo bay, or is it just a big stack of bricks?))

His thoughts on the cargo hold's contents are momentarily set aside as he sees the devastation in orbit. "Frag almighty... an' we figured we 'ad it bad dirtside..." he shakes his massive head. "If it's wrong ta wanna rip whoever's in charge o' all dis a new arsehole wit' me bare hands... I don't wanna be right." His hand rests on the barrel of the rail gun. All I ask is a chance to hit them back as hard as they hit us. If I go down today, please let it be after sending on a ton of company ahead of me. He's not sure if he's actually praying or just talking to himself, but of course if any divine being is out there and just happens to be listening...

Dark Lord wrote:”If you haven’t noticed, the powers that be scraped up every bit of plastique they could find on Center and loaded it into your cargo modules. You’re brave men and women to agree to fly a ship loaded like that through a war zone. We need you to fly into that ravine, locate the generator, and destroy it. After that, join the assault on Halthhag’s main citadel.”


"Ya fergot ta add 'more dan a lil' bit wobbly in da brain pain, Chuckles..." Icky snorts under his breath. "Or at least we would be if somebody 'ad told us 'bout da explosive before we climbed inside..."

He goes over his weapons one last time to make sure they're ready to go. "Alright, ya mugs, let's get down dere an' let 'em know what Hell's really like..."
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Baron » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:12 am

Chico Barone
Perception: 51% (+5%/combat, +15%/time)/ 1d100 = 19
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 93
Conditions
Stat Tracker:H.P.: 28/28; S.D.C.: 67/67
Weapon in hand: Built-in Particle Beam attached to NE-BA-226 (6/10 shots 3/4 eclips)
Armor: NE-BA-226MDC: (bonuses applied)
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
• Built-In N-F20A Force Field: 66/75

Power Armor: Sun Chariot Power Armor
Permanent Conditions:
  • The character can communicate with any computer system regardless of preventative measures. Link can be by touch or remote connection.
  • Impervious to Fear
  • Character is ambidextrous and can literally divide his mind into two semi-autonomous parts to accomplish two separate tasks, without penalty and with all his natural bonuses.
  • Implants: Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration, Night-Vision, Polarized Lenses, Long Range Receiver/Transmitter Headjack
Temporary Conditions: Stoned, Pumped on Adrenaline.

Skills:
  1. Baron makes sure to mess with any enemy sensors or comms. He pilots the Star Ghost to the best of his ability resisting the urge to show off.
  2. Until... he needs to get them down there, at that point he pulls out all the stops. Using the extent of his powers and training Baron will get them there, hell or high water.
  3. Chico Barone will use up to 100 charges to get them down to the target location
  4. In the case where stealth is not an option. The Phase Jump System will be his favorite trick. Using it to appear all over the map, confusing the enemy and attempting to cause 'friendly-fire' incidents among them.
  5. If possible he will use the Jump System to not only assist the Rogues advance but the Adventurers as well. Using his Multi-tasking and Mechano-Link mutant powers Baron sends text-only messages directly to Solaris' HUD so that they can coordinate their approach.
Multi-tasking, Mechano-Link, Skill Rolls
Electronic Counter Measures 99% / 1d100 = 15 / 1d100 = 89 / 1d100 = 100
Basic Math 109% / 1d100 = 80 / 1d100 = 24 / 1d100 = 36
Radio: Basic 99% / 1d100 = 16 / 1d100 = 42 / 1d100 = 29
Mathematics: Advanced 89% / 1d100 = 89/ 1d100 = 10 / 1d100 = 61
Navigation 109% / 1d100 = 88/ 1d100 = 74 / 1d100 = 89
Navigation-Space 109% / 1d100 = 99/ 1d100 = 67 / 1d100 = 51
Pilot: Space Fighter 114% / 1d100 = 79/ 1d100 = 89 / 1d100 = 79
Basic Mechanics 69% / 1d100 = 80/ 1d100 = 90 / 1d100 = 19
Phase Fields
  • Deflector Shield: Divide damage by 10 (except for Magic, Psionics and Phase weapons - all do normal damage)
  • Ghost Mode: OP-Field, ship speed reduced to 25%. Stopped only by phase, magic and force field barriers. Cannot fire weapons when field is on, nor solidify inside another ship or solid object.
    Duration: 8 minutes per charge
  • Phase Jump System: Short range teleport jumps. Each jump counts as one action.
    Range: 2 miles
    Rate of Fire: Each Teleport counts as one action. Use one charge per jump.
    Bonuses: +2 Dodge, +1 Initiative, +1 Strike
    Payload: 200 charges (see above)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Whoa, I guess Center didn't actually get the worst of it." Baron exclaims as he witnesses the horrors before him and begins to fully grasp the scale of this Minion War.

Jeez-Oh
Image

I know I doubted you before, but the fact is if these monsters exist and in great, invading numbers! Means... well it means your light must be real. Even if you are also anamorphic cheese puff and snack mascot, your divine light is real. It must be real!


"Jeez Whiz, I'm getting a little hungry, anybody got some chips?"
I have got to get me a supply of
Cheez-Ohs
Image! This munchie shortage is bullshit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorrey wrote:"Yeah, I'd say so. Def the first time someones taken a dirty ol' Drudge on an assault of a Demon Planet... Pretty strange considering I don't have a death wish. Who knows, maybe they have some I-Beams I can set in place, or containers that need moving.


"Man... wouldn't that be nice? All we needed to do was a bit of light construction. Maybe sort some pallets or something. I used to like fighting, but...how many hours has it been. What a crazy day."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dark Lord wrote:An all-text transmission flashes onto the pilots’ screens- instructing all allied forces to hold position and await further instructions. You eye the demon ships nervously, but so far they appear to have taken no notice of the small armada that has jumped in from nowhere (one reason to be thankful for the chaos ahead of you).


"Hurry up and wait, they tells us." reports Baron to the others.

Dark Lord wrote:Fortunately, you are not kept waiting long. A video transmission from one of the larger battleships is simulcast to both of your vessels, and the upper body of some gray-skinned alien you don’t recognize pops up onto the screen. He looks harried, but calm.


Baron immediately patches him through to everybody's nearest communication decive.

Dark Lord wrote:”You are the mercenaries under the employ of Lord Thraxus, are you not? I have orders for you.” The fellow blinks, shapes his head, then sighs ”Sorry- Lieutenant Bedwyn, Consortium Armed Forces. Been a long day.” He taps a console nearby and his image is replaced with a map (those of you manning the controls will also see a static image of the map has been downloaded).


"Mercenaries? Employed? Under? We're the Heroes of Gateland, Mothertrucker; the Scourge of Halthag! Give us dem orders!"


Dark Lord wrote:”This is a real-time feed of the area around what we believe to be Halthhag’s primary headquarters. As you can see, it’s pretty mountainous terrain- we’ve been trying to land a strike force to breach the citadel, but his ground-to-orbit defenses are second only to Phase World’s. We can’t get through, and we don’t have the resources to keep trying. Orbital scans have reveal a sizeable power signature in that ravine south-west of the main plateau- we think it’s some sort of generator. At least, I sure hope it’s not some sort of demonic horror show- that’d make your lives more complicated.”


"Hmm, uh... How hard is it to distinguish a generator from a demonic horror show? What makes you think it's a generator? "

Dark Lord wrote:”If you haven’t noticed, the powers that be scraped up every bit of plastique they could find on Center and loaded it into your cargo modules. You’re brave men and women to agree to fly a ship loaded like that through a war zone. We need you to fly into that ravine, locate the generator, and destroy it. After that, join the assault on Halthhag’s main citadel.”


"Figured. When they wouldn't let me take a spare suit. I know there's cargo space in these babies. As soon as I touched it!" Baron says to the others in the Star Ghost, "Not that it was explosives mind you. Just that they're stinking liars. It would be nice if it didn't feel like they got one over on us."

To Lieutenant Bedwyn, "The ignorant are often the bravest of all. Lieutenant Baldwerm today must be your luckytrucking day; I'm Captain Kid Baron, the greatest pilot in the Megaverse, and I don't know anything about what's happening here. And these guys? These guys are the greatest at the stuff they do." Baron jerks his thumb back with great confidence towards the rest of the gang. Leaning in to the screen, Listen up Budwine, we're gonna find the generator, blow it up, then go kill that cheezcursed Bear!"

Dark Lord wrote:”Fair warning, we can’t tell you want to expect down there, but Halthhag has hundreds of thousands of troops at your disposal. We’ll offer you all the support we can, but our troop transports and light fighters need to stay out of range until you can get those defenses knocked offline. Corbulo says you folks are the right ones for the job- I hope he’s right because I sure wouldn’t wish this mission on any of my men. Good luck- we’ll be firing a covering barrage at the demon fleet in one minute. Get ready to get the hell down there, fast.”


"One minute! What the fugg? Well then, how about you stop with well wishing and let us get to it."

Baron prepares himself for the most awesome high-stakes run of his life, with the most awesome tech fighter in the Three Galaxies! This is fucking awesome!
Chico Barone is wearing: Baron's Borrowed NE Tech-Warrior and his accessory is: None!!?!?!

Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Viscount Armine Chico Von Caligula
Don't panic; know where your towel is. Any person who can travel the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a person to be reckoned with. And, above all, always remember that time is nothing but an illusion and mealtimes especially so. ~ From Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Armine Caligula. By way of Douglas Adams
The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear, by Captain A. Baron
Better to live or die, once and for all, than die by inches. Death is merely a dialogue between the Spirit and the Dust. Since we're all going to die, it's obvious that when and how don't matter, ~ From The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear by Captain A. Baron By way of Homer, Albert Camus, Emily Dickinson, Douglas Adams and Joseph Heller
User avatar
Baron
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:57 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Solaris » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:39 am

((rolls held))

"Considering who we are, I thought that 'suicide mission' was implied, Icky."
Of course, during the course of checking the ship, Solaris had noticed a hold full of explosives, but she hadn't mentioned it. "Don't worry, if it goes up, we won't notice."

Weighing the options, Solaris answers the 'Chief. "I believe we have two options. Use the OP Field to do a stealthy approach, or initiate a series of hops to get down to the surface. Either has its disadvantages. According to the specs, the jump system would only hop us 2 miles at a time, whereas the OP-Field would slow us down by 75%. Up to you, Captain." I'd probably go in slow but stealthy if it were up to me.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Tis » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:23 am

Tisephone Atroposa
Perception: 37% (+15% regarding magic, machines, or their combination, +10% in the dark) / 1d100 = 87
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 43
Stats
: • • MDC: 40/40 • • PPE: 140/125 • • ISP: 98/51
Armor M.D.C.: 150/108 • • PPE Battery: 180/105


Electrical Engineer 71% / 1d100 = 34
Generator? Horror Show?
Lore: Magic
    / 1d100 = 35
    General Knowledge: 61%
    Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 51%
    Recognize Enchantment 43%
WTF?
Mathematics: Advanced 71% / 1d100 = 92
Math, help me now!
Galactic History 56/51% / 1d100 = 42
Mythology 56% / 1d100 = 40
This ever happen before? What happened then?
Demolitions 84% / 1d100 = 36
How are we going to use that to the best tactical advantage. How will we transport it safely.

If there is anything she can add to aid their descent Tis will not hesitate to mention it to Starchief and Solaris. Hmm, Both very stellar names. Truly, they are the type of heroes who will not fail!

Otherwise Tis will sit tight and pay attention. Taking only a moment for a quick prayer.

Mekhonot, the Machine. Now, I see your function so clearly. In your absence chaos reigns supreme. Hells wait eternally to spew forth an endless swarm of creatures to end the peace that Order brings. Entropy drains the System; Chaos rages in it's thirst to consume. Mekhonot, I am your servant here, your vessel. Let your Perfection guide me. Let me make no errors. Let me not stumble or fall. Let me bring honor to my people and name. Let me not fail my friends. Blessed is the System; Blessed is the Order; Blessed is the Machine.
User avatar
Tis
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: PW:A

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Prothor » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:13 pm

Percep 33%: 1d100 = 52
JIC: 1d20 = 16 1d100 = 75

Prothor listens as their mission is presented to them then gives a little head shake as Baron replies to Lieutenant Bedwyn. In the cramped cargo bay, he turns a little to look over everyone, "Our mission is in front of us now. Who is capable of carrying the explosives? I do not believe it is volatile in its current state. I trust there is a detonator around here somewhere." He turns some more looking for the tools they will need to complete this mission.

Prothor speaks up as he calls out to their pilot, "Baron, try to set us down somewhere inconspicuous but not to far from our objective. The risk to the ship and to ourselves should be as minimal as possible. And I do not wish to take some overly long trek from the ship to the ravine. It would put us at to great a risk before we reach our objective."

Prothor shifts a little "Unless there are any questions, for which I do not have the answers to, I suggest everyone prepare themselves for landing."
Prothor
Current Details
MDC by Location:
Left Upper Arm: 47/47-------Right Upper Arm: 47/47-------------Main Body: 180/180
Left Forearm: 33/33----------Right Forearm: 33/33----------------Head: 60/60
Left Hand: 33/33--------------Right Hand: 33/33
Left Leg: 60/60----------------Right Leg: 60/60
Left Foot: 13/13---------------Right Foot: 13/13

MI-B2 Medium Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Main Body: 230/230
Arms (2): 38 each.
Legs (2): 60 each.
Head/Helmet: 15
Integrated OP-Field (60min or 20 switch ons)
[*]1 - OP Field E-Clip loaded / use: 9.5 min / 4 switch on
Integrated N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
M.D.C.: 137/160

-Weapons:
Right hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Heavy Laser Blaster, Retractable/pop up
Left hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Mini-Machine Gun, Retractable/pop up
Skull of Saint Sabatt
PH-100 Heavy Phase Beamer
NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
Soul Craft Longsword
assorted grenades

-Current Effects/Conditions: None

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Image
User avatar
Prothor
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:57 pm
Location: Phase World PC (Rogues)

Next

Return to A City At War

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests