BACK IN TIME

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:26 pm

Ecks sighs at the words of reason. "Yes, you're right. Well then, we best get out of here. It doesn't seem like the armor is that big of a deal to these people right this moment. So let's just walk casually though the woods. Let's make our way towards the river to the north west. My thought is to see about getting a boat a little further inland and find a vacant location to set up a base of operation as Mink suggested. It's simply too packed here with camera's everywhere." he says, not wishing to accidentally show up on their most wanted list.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:40 am

Local Conditions wrote:The Big Apple
  • Population: Unknown
  • Time: 0525 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
  • Ley Line Activity: None
  • Weather: 45, overcast, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, bright city lights, it's not dark
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Normal x1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

Nobody knows what's in your future.
Though death and unhappiness are certain.

NOBODY KNOWS WHAT'S IN YOUR FUTURE....THOUGH DEATH AND UNHAPPINESS ARE CERTAIN (Ecks, Bri, Drake, Mink, Sel, Victor, Max!!)
Superheroes, parks, drones, self-driving cars (isn't that just another drone?), overbearing law? Isn't that just what the golden age is all about?

Eck's finds reputable news sources explaining the funk in the middle east as aberrant weather patterns caused by solar flares, or unusual animal behavior as some sort of light pollution phenomena. There are many other equally ludicrous, "plausible" explanations. The "alt" media, seems more realistic given Eck's future-knowledge. The leading theory is centered on an ancient city called Memphis. The quick and easy interpretation offered by a few helpful chaps, has this all centered in Memphis, TN. But....that's pretty much crackpot, tinfoil hat kind of thing. Memphis, 20km south-ish of Giza, is the epicenter of the craziness.

Of course, there is a slight distraction as Drake manhandles the pesky police drone. The little guy doesn't know how to react and emits a series of truncated siren bursts before going silent. It's little waving appendages go still in a moment. The radio network blazes for a second when the drone's battery hatch is breached. But it ends quickly (except for a faint low level signal that is barely detectable, barely as in no one does).

Max quickly becomes a secondary distraction. But he has the opportunity to watch the crowd watch Drake's crass action. Most people don't even notice. Given the apparent trappings of a police state, the crowd's reaction is a little incongruent. Of course, there are some individuals that are gawking, but they are the vast minority.

The waves of the psychic tumult still wash back and forth through Bri's brain, but in their weakened state, they do not create a tsunami of discord. Fun! Her twin rune weapons do create a certain tension of their own, and Bri can feel for a moment that they aren't talking to each other. But Maia, clearly the more uncomfortable with the situation breaks the silence first. I'm not entirely sure what this other weapon means to you. In a slightly pedantic tone, Mesi responds, I mean nothing, I'm a merely a means to an end.

Despite the distractions, Bri is also aware that the local populace seems a bit more inured to the crazy than she remembers.

Across a few streets, up a ways, the battle between the supers continues to rage on. A few police air cars have arrived and are clearing the area of bystanders. But the reaction from the crowd isn't even as big a deal as it was five minutes ago.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:
    Note
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Victor Singer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:10 am

Perception: 1d100 = 33% (45% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 17

Victor follows Ecks' lead as the group moves on, but continues to keep the cameras on the 2 supers fighting it out so long as Sels' drone and/or his suits cameras can track them, but he lets the suit handle that. He keeps his eyes on his immediate surroundings, people, and law enforcement. "Lead on.", he says to Ecks.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 44
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 98

Seriously? how hard could it be to walk out of Manhattan? Max is still very tired and it may be affecting his better judgement. A deep breath and a quick prayer. Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. He feels better.

"Alright boss man lets go. but lets stop for some pizza."
Maximillian O'Malley

Postby Brianna Clarke » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:56 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 52

1d10 = 9

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 78/170 (x10)

Ecks sighs at the words of reason. "Yes, you're right. Well then, we best get out of here.”

Brianna pats Ecks on the shoulder sympathetically. ”Don't worry.” Brianna says to him with a playful wink. ”I'm sure before this is all over, you'll have plenty of chances to get into fights.” Brianna then falls quiet as she listens to the continued conversation of her weapons, grateful that Mesi's presence was stopping the painful mind storms she had been having. She can't help but liken it to a conversation between an old friend and new friend. The old friend is jealous of the new friend,which surprises Brianna to no end. 'Mesi just wants to help us on this mission.' Brianna attempts to reassure Maia. 'Plus, thanks to her, I'm not having any of those awful mind storms.'

"Alright boss man lets go. but lets stop for some pizza."

Brianna grins at Max when he suggests they get pizza. ”I second that idea. Pizza here is pretty tasty from what I remember.” Looking around, Brianna comments, “The people here must be used to all this chaos. Where I'm from, this is definitely not normal.” Brianna gestures toward the super hero fight. “Super heroes were mostly just fiction. They weren't real.”

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 53/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 89

Ecks pull up the maps from the Museum they had photographed. The question is do we go further inland or find something local? For the meantime I guess we should work for speed until we can get a firm assessment of what's going on."Alright, let's head for the harbor. We should be able to find an old warehouse or similar. There are also a couple islands with abandoned structures, or at least there were in the museum. Let's just keep our eyes open."

He grins and lifts an eyebrow at Brianna. "Strategic fisticuffs. You know how delicate we are most of the time." he says sarcastically.

With that he directs everyone towards the northeast. "Let's move quickly and intently. Sel, keep your drone moving as a look out since Victor's tied in. Drake you and Minkowski are still probably best as our scouts for the mean time. Everyone good with that?"
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Selenidaria » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 5/31% (46% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination) Pass!
Just in Case: 1d100 = 37/1d20 = 8

Sel watches as Max gets fined by a drone for playing music before Victor disables it and thinks to herself You have to pay to play music? What an odd time... She sees Bri say to Ecks he will have plenty of chances for other fights, and Ecks reply of strategic, Sel chips in with "I feel we should keep our fighting to a minimum while we are here, if for no other reason than getting involved in a fight could delay us and it really doesn't sound like we have time to get delayed." When food is mentioned, Sel says "Did anyone think to pack any food? Also, do we have any currency that can be used here?" Thinking about currency made her think about how much it would cost for them to take a taxi to the docks, so she flags down a robo-cab and asks "How much for a lift to the docks district?" When Ecks tells her to fly her drone along with the group, she sighs and says with exasperation "Sir, that's what I've been trying to get Max to do for me as I can only psychically link to it for only about 14 minutes at a time before I forget how to fly it, Max already learned how to do it through practice. Can you please get him to fly Scott for me?" Sel pleads.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:03 am

The concept of forgetting how to operate something is so alien to him he has to process it. Shane had also mentioned an ability of his similar to that. Shane! Well I hope he made his way through Madhaven. Everything happened so quick I forgot to mention him to the Garden folk.

"Max, would you care to run the drone for a bit?"

Ecks looks to the northeast and begins walking that direction, following Drake and Minkowski ((assuming they are scouting ahead)).
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Drake » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:17 am

Perception: 1d100 = 96/55%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 11; 1d100 = 77
Conditions: None really.

Drake follows along after the group, his power armor making the walk less strenuous at the very least. It during times like these that Drake is most concerned, idyllic locations usually have some manner of trap involved. So Drake does what any good survival minded individual from a hellish post apocalyptic future would do, he quietly freaks out. Drake keeps looking around for threats real and imagined, while following the party.
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 52% (45% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 71

Selenidaria wrote:"Did anyone think to pack any food? Also, do we have any currency that can be used here?" Thinking about currency made her think about how much it would cost for them to take a taxi to the docks, so she flags down a robo-cab and asks "How much for a lift to the docks district?" When Ecks tells her to fly her drone along with the group, she sighs and says with exasperation "Sir, that's what I've been trying to get Max to do for me as I can only psychically link to it for only about 14 minutes at a time before I forget how to fly it, Max already learned how to do it through practice. Can you please get him to fly Scott for me?" Sel pleads.

Victor looks over at Sel, "Yeah, I brought meal bars along...here let me get you a few.", he stops to unsling both his rifle and duffel bag and rummages around in it until he finds the packs of meal bars. Unwrapping a bundle of them he looks around to the others, "Anyone else want some?". Victor pops open his face plate and begins to unwrap a bar for himself, while doing so he looks around at the people walking along the sidewalks. As he looks from person to person he suddenly glances at his ion rifle, then at the large quantity of explosives in his duffel bag, then back at the people of this Golden Age. "Uh, people....I don't mean to alarm anyone, but we might want to stash our heavier weapons and any explosives.", Victor tries to spot anyone carrying anything heavier then a pistol, using all of his suits cameras and the drone, as he continues talking, "Taking a look at most of these people I see a fair number of people carrying side arms, but that's about it. While our power suits and bionics seem pretty common place, the heavier guns being carried seem to be confined to law enforcement only."

{Skill Rolls}
Find Contraband 56% / 1d100 = 14%
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 52
JIC: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d100 = 30

Max walks down the street in a very relaxed nonchalant manner. He has already had a chance to check out the area in person so now hes feeling chill. He steps up to Sel and pulls out his flask. He takes a small sip and offers some to her.
"Sorry. I wasn't trying blow you off honey. Id love to fly your little drone baby."He shakes the flask. He smiles and purrs a little.
Maximillian O'Malley

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:41 am

• Time: 0535 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE

Nobody knows what's in your future.
Though death and unhappiness are certain.

WHERE HE TRAVELLED TIME...FOR THE FUTURE OF MANKIND (Ecks, Bri, Drake, Mink, Sel, Victor, Max!!)

The shock and awe of the past, and of a vast field of early morning yoga, maybe have precluded the AAPS team from fully analyzing their situation. Superheroes are a big distraction too. But beginning with Max's disturbing discovery about the automated vehicles, the hits just keep on coming.

Their is the somewhat odd blasé attitude of the general populace. The superhero battle is raging, with approaching sirens and all, but the yoga-ites are back to their Goddess Poses (how apropos) and back to ignoring the spectacle.

Generally, the general populace are human, and clearly so. But a large population, large enough to be non-negligible, but not the majority, is not. There are mutant animals, similar to Max. Dogs, cats, bears, and other friendly mammals wander to and fro on their business. Max notices, with parallels to his own experiences as a cat surrounded by humans, that the mutants are treated somewhat differently. Not vicious cruel, but, different. Sel is aware of it too, but growing up in a more "open" kind of society it confuses her a little.

Ecks has a different set of observations. There are cyborgs everywhere. All sorts, minimal mods, moderate and full conversion. That's cool and all, Merctown has plenty, for sure. But this is different. A lot of this is cosmetic, no combat mods visible at all. The people borg'd out seem to be just normal parts of the crowd, they don't cause a stir.

Vic can't help but notice, and Ecks can't help either, there are also lots of power armor and robots everywhere! Doing construction work, carrying stuff, just walking around chatting it up with the odd mutant-cyborg fashionista.

Vic is too distracted by the hardware itself to realize, though Ecks does: there are no weapons anywhere. Not event he smallest laser pistol. Not even a vibro-knife!!

Ah, but the thing most shocking, to Max at least, there isn't a religious symbol in sight. No crosses, stars, crescents, wheels, crossing swords, whirls, spirals, etc. Nothing.

The cops handling the supers don't even seem to be packing.

Holstered, slung and otherwise not being brandished, so far no one has taken a second look at AAPS. Except for the whole drone mauling, that is.

But as they peek out from Central Park, the most welcoming sight of all:
What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:
    Note
ImageImage
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Drake » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:59 am

Perception: 1d100 = 55/55%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 44
Conditions: None.

Drake keeps following the group, his anxiety easing ever so slightly. "So if the goddess isn't here, what could we do to figure out where the fight actually is?" Drake says questioningly. Drake takes a moment, and pops the seal of his helmet and pulls it off to clip the Little Brother's waist. "Either the superhuman's fighting are so common that they don't care, or that maybe none of fights tend to have collateral damage. The fact that no one seems to be armed is strange, they're not worried about anything it seems. That disturbs me a bit." Drake says.
Drake
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Armor:
Weapons:
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mink » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:06 pm

Perception 65%/1d100 = 79 FAIL
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 27

"I'm pretty sure it's a matter of there are quick reaction forces, like that 'hero' and then police for everything else. One thing our time doesn't have a lot of, unless you're in Ishpeming or the CS, is a lot of police enforcing weapons laws. Remember how I got us set up looking like a coherent, if varied force? They probably view us as some unknown group of heroes or vigilantes who are currently doing nothing wrong. I'm going to see if I can get some local funds to eat off of."

With that, Mink searches for online bank accounts without much in the way of identification needed. She's learned how to do this in her own home and in the CS and Northern Gun, and she is certain that it won't be that hard. At the same time she puts up a message on a few message boards she finds offering her footage of the fight to anyone willing to pay - after she scrubs it of personally identifying stuff.

Streetwise 35%/EP Auto Success - to find mention of how to get a no ID bank account
Photography 45%/1d100 = 30 - to Trim the video down to good shots worth selling
Computer Operation 75%/1d100 = 55 - To set it up and find a place to sell the video/pictures
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:20 am

Perception: 1d100 = 6% (45% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 35

Victor is having a hard time here. You would think a naked, drop-dead gorgeous woman had suddenly walked by, but no. He has suddenly noticed the RCV's and power armor suits of this era. Victor begins to quietly geek out, now ignoring the super hero fight he retrains both his suits and the drones cameras on the extensive variety of robotic attire. "Ecks, Mink, Sel, are you guys seeing this?", he says after several minutes of ogling, his brain picking apart the custom modifications that many of the power suits are sporting, "No two suits of power armor are the same...I mean, it looks like there are dozen of base models, like NG's line of human sized suits. But every single one has been modified! Although, I can't figure out what purpose most of these mods have. I mean, why does a suit with a jet pack need wings from a butterfly? Or a furry cat tail? And I don't see one single paint job that makes any tactical sense! Wait, hold on....oh, now that is just wrong. I just spotted a suit with a black, yellow, and pink camouflage pattern! Ecks, does any of this make sense to you?".

Victor continues to watch, record, and analyze every single robot, RCV, and power armor suit he or the cameras can see. The discovery of a pizzeria doesn't even seem to enter into his thoughts, although he does follow the group inside, should everyone decide to head in there. If food arrives, he eats...but this is more like his body doing automatic functions, he doesn't really look at what he is eating.

{Skill Rolls}
Fanatic Robophile 76%/1d100 = 21%
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mink » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:29 am

(rolls held)
Mink *HAS* seen things like this. While military systems are not allowed, certain executives and celebrities can get dispensation for very light power armor and they tend to dress them up to their own tastes - often extravagantly. "Fashion," she states plainly. "They are done up in a way to suggest it is a fashion statement as much as anything. It's probably also a sign of wealth."
Image Image
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:17 am

Perception: 1d100 = 36/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 65

Ecks nods at Drake's comment. "Disturbing is an interesting way to put it, but ultimately I agree. From what I've read there is fighting still at least in other places. I've never seen any place no matter how homogeneous where people get along peacefully all the time. It raises the question of how conflict resolution is handled if opinions aren't swayed with words and smiles."

If expectations are anything, Ecks continues to be surprised. However, considering the supernatural nature of their arrival and other recent events he simply nods. "Yeah Singer. Weird, eh? The weapons though. I suppose it's best to keep everything stashed out of sight if possible." he says, keeping his trench coat buttoned to conceal his own weapons. "Fashion or convenience." he says in reply to Mink. "Still, considering how much we have to pay for such things in our time, everyone must be loaded here or maybe they're all flash and sparkle. Actual quality might be a bit lacking. Hard to say really. If it is fashion, I'd expect that even though everything looks customized, there might be a few manufacturers offering mass produced customizations."

Spotting the pizza shop, he raises an eyebrow. "Bri, did your time have a Ray's pizza? Any good? Either way, I could go for some pizza. How about everyone else?"
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Mink » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:55 pm

(rolls held)
"Why do you think I'm trying to sell some pictures online and get some local currency." Mink grins. "The pizza smells amazing at least. I had some this one guy said he had bought from a place in one of the cities aside from Chi-Town. Anyway, he claimed it was the best pizza in existence. I'd like to test that theory." She grins.
Image Image
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:07 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Mink wrote:Mink *HAS* seen things like this. While military systems are not allowed, certain executives and celebrities can get dispensation for very light power armor and they tend to dress them up to their own tastes - often extravagantly. "Fashion," she states plainly. "They are done up in a way to suggest it is a fashion statement as much as anything. It's probably also a sign of wealth."

Victor pulls a face, "Fashion? Like, fancy suits and dresses and shit? Wait, you mean to tell me these folks are wearing power armor for no other reason then the way it looks? That just seems...wrong.".

Ecks wrote:If expectations are anything, Ecks continues to be surprised. However, considering the supernatural nature of their arrival and other recent events he simply nods. "Yeah Singer. Weird, eh? The weapons though. I suppose it's best to keep everything stashed out of sight if possible." he says, keeping his trench coat buttoned to conceal his own weapons. "Fashion or convenience." he says in reply to Mink. "Still, considering how much we have to pay for such things in our time, everyone must be loaded here or maybe they're all flash and sparkle. Actual quality might be a bit lacking. Hard to say really. If it is fashion, I'd expect that even though everything looks customized, there might be a few manufacturers offering mass produced customization's."

Spotting the pizza shop, he raises an eyebrow. "Bri, did your time have a Ray's pizza? Any good? Either way, I could go for some pizza. How about everyone else?"

Victor is still hung up on the idea of power armor being equated to formal attire so his response is distracted, "Yeah, pizza, sure whatever...".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mink » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:12 pm

(rolls held)
Victor Singer wrote:Victor pulls a face, "Fashion? Like, fancy suits and dresses and shit? Wait, you mean to tell me these folks are wearing power armor for no other reason then the way it looks? That just seems...wrong.".

"I used to write stories on it for magazines out of Ishpeming. There's a thriving after-market, especially among executives and high paid specialists, not to mention athletes, who need to get out in the field and have more credits than sense. I've heard it's worse in Free Quebec and over with Triax. I know these guys in the free running scene who trick out their power armor with all kinds of stuff simply to look cool. And I've seen some interesting team jobs in the arenas too."

And it was all true. That had been the more enjoyable aspect of establishing her cover.
Image Image
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:16 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Mink wrote:"I used to write stories on it for magazines out of Ishpeming. There's a thriving after-market, especially among executives and high paid specialists, not to mention athletes, who need to get out in the field and have more credits than sense. I've heard it's worse in Free Quebec and over with Triax. I know these guys in the free running scene who trick out their power armor with all kinds of stuff simply to look cool. And I've seen some interesting team jobs in the arenas too."

And it was all true. That had been the more enjoyable aspect of establishing her cover.

"Don't get me wrong...I like a good custom paint job now and then. But when I mod out my suits, I upgrade, I don't be-dazzle! Why dump money into custom armor playing if it doesn't help stop the other guy from tearing you a new one?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mink » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:22 pm

(rolls held)
Mink shrugs. "Because it flies well with the viewing public and it looks cool as hell. I mean I saw one girl who used hers in free running and had it looking like she was an angel, right down to LEDs to give her that 'angelic glow.' She had it scultped to mirror her own curves too. I don't swing that way, but I might have for her. But keep in mind, we're not talking professional mercs or military for the most part. We're talking folks who don't rely on it to keep them alive. They just like the boost it gives. One of the reasons I like mine is it's not obvious. Most just assume I'm a beefy woman, not that I'm in stealth power armor."

It was nice to not have to dissemble everything. Of course that was the reason she put so much into establishing covers - so she could have real conversations while in character. 'I'll need to get at the Knight's library when we get back. See what they know about temporal magic.'
Image Image
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:31 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Mink wrote:Mink shrugs. "Because it flies well with the viewing public and it looks cool as hell. I mean I saw one girl who used hers in free running and had it looking like she was an angel, right down to LEDs to give her that 'angelic glow.' She had it scultped to mirror her own curves too. I don't swing that way, but I might have for her. But keep in mind, we're not talking professional mercs or military for the most part. We're talking folks who don't rely on it to keep them alive. They just like the boost it gives. One of the reasons I like mine is it's not obvious. Most just assume I'm a beefy woman, not that I'm in stealth power armor."

It was nice to not have to dissemble everything. Of course that was the reason she put so much into establishing covers - so she could have real conversations while in character. 'I'll need to get at the Knight's library when we get back. See what they know about temporal magic.'

Victor thinks on that for a moment, "An angel huh? And this was for a sporting event? Like the arena fights up in the MI? I thought about entering one of those, for fun anyways. Is it some kind of requirement to make your suit look flashy to enter that kind of event?", Victor keeps the questions coming, apparently Mink knows more about this sort of thing. In response to her comment about her own body Victor shrugs and says, "I think your built just fine...", realizes what he just said, "I mean...you look....uh. I-I'm gonna just eat some pizza now.".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mink » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:55 pm

(rolls held)

Mink gives a decidedly girlish giggle. "Thanks Romeo. Yeah, it's called free running. It's a sport about moving through urban environments as fast as you can. I'm actually pretty accomplished at it. I won the amateur championship last year. The armor I wear when not in my power armor is what I won from that. But the ones doing it in power armor are faster and do even more amazing jumps. 50 to 100 feet at a time, through windows and doors from the building over. It's not required to compete, but it helps getting sponsors to pay for your repairs. Still waiting to see if I can get money so we don't have to wash dishes for the pizza."
Image Image
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:03 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Mink wrote:Mink gives a decidedly girlish giggle. "Thanks Romeo. Yeah, it's called free running. It's a sport about moving through urban environments as fast as you can. I'm actually pretty accomplished at it. I won the amateur championship last year. The armor I wear when not in my power armor is what I won from that. But the ones doing it in power armor are faster and do even more amazing jumps. 50 to 100 feet at a time, through windows and doors from the building over. It's not required to compete, but it helps getting sponsors to pay for your repairs. Still waiting to see if I can get money so we don't have to wash dishes for the pizza."

Victor sighs with relief that Mink did not take that the wrong way. Hearing the conversation steered back into familiar territory, he first removes his helmet so the conversation is not through mics and speakers anymore, "So this free running is done in power armor? Hmmm, I might have to try it just because. Uh, what other sports are done in power suits?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mink » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:32 pm

"I've heard some leagues of Murderthon allow power armored players. Most power armor sports I know of involve either feats of agility, precision, and obstacle courses. I think there is one involving football that juicers, crazies, and borgs also play, as opposed to full on Murderthon. But all of those suits are bare bones models. Just speed, strength, and maybe jump boosters. Armor is light to non-existent so as to keep them fast."
Image Image
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:56 pm

Perception 1d100 = 16/85% >looking for armor that needs small repair
Recognize Machine Quality: 1d100 = 15/90% >judging different types of power armor worn, identify brands or makes particularly those of a performance variety
Roadwise: 1d100 = 21/77% >to talk to his people

Mink's mention of money reminds Ecks of their predicament. "Let me know once you manage an account." Seeing Mink's entrepreneurial spirit, Ecks looks around, particularly for those in power armor. I would sport some of these power armors in a heart beat. he thinks to himself. Invariably just as with cars, there are going to be those with performance models and those that tag along in admiration of the performance models. He watches people for a bit while Mink is doing her stuff, looking for someone wearing good quality gear. "I'm going to try to drum up some cash as well. Hopefully no more drones. I'll be back in a bit"

If he can find such a person he will approach casually and use his interpersonal skills developed on the job. "Hey, nice armor. I'm not familiar with it. It looks sweet though. What's the specs?" he says, throwing out a hook. It's hard for any gearhead to NOT talk about their gear. Once he gets him talking, he'll add "Yeah my friends and I are passing through town. Where do you have your work done? Any places around here to go full out?" he continues. Hopefully if he can get an idea where the gearheads gather, he might be able to make some money and some contacts.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 85

Max is walking along waiting for a response from the cute red headed elf. Shes damn near a foot taller than he is but he makes a mental note to say a few Our Fathers for the thoughts he had about her. Then he smelled the food. Max hasn't slept or ate in a while and if he cant sleep, food will do. He starts to loose his cool demeanor.
"Hey yall... I dont know about yall but Im eating."
Max then makes an immediate bee line for the pizza.
Maximillian O'Malley

Postby Mink » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:22 pm

(rolls held)

Mink grins as credits hit her account. "Got it. Who wants pizza? I'm buying."

She walks in and looks at the menu. She gets everyone's input and then orders pizza for the group. One is a Ray's Famous Special Pizza, with extra meat and cheese. She also orders one called a barbecue pizza and is curious about it.
Image Image
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:20 am

((rolls carried))

Assuming Ecks gets some general information where gearheads gather to compare power armor he returns to the group where Mink offers to buy pizza. "Pizza? Most generous of you Minkowski! I'm guessing you had some luck. I'm a pepperoni and anchovies guy but I'm good with whatever. What about everyone else? At least we won't see any Hell's Horsemen here. Too bad there's not an Old Grand Dad's here but this might be alright too." He says the last bit with a smile aimed at Drake and Bri. It makes him think of Beanpole however. He remembers being there with everyone at the time after the disaster in Sarasota County.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 59
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d100 = 38

"Im so hungry right now I'll eat anything, But if you got credits maybe after this you can get me a refill"He purrs at Mink shaking his flask at her. "And I need some caffeine or Im gonna sleep here." Max slips into a chair and gets comfortable
Maximillian O'Malley

Postby Brianna Clarke » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:03 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 72

1d10 = 5

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions

Brianna follows the rest of the group taking in the sights, quietly smiling to herself. She's noticed her sword and dagger have gone quiet, but doubts that will last for long. She enjoys the quiet in the meantime. She watches all the people around the group, a little envious that they're enjoying their lives not realizing what was eventually oging to happen. 'Is this what Sarah Connor felt like?' Brianna wonders to herself.

Mink grins as credits hit her account. "Got it. Who wants pizza? I'm buying."

Brianna's face brightens and she smiles at Mink. That's very nice of you, thanks!” Brianna adds a Pan Pizza to the order so the group can try Chicago style pizza.

Brianna Clarke

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mink » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:47 pm

(rolls held)

Ecks wrote:Assuming Ecks gets some general information where gearheads gather to compare power armor he returns to the group where Mink offers to buy pizza. "Pizza? Most generous of you Minkowski! I'm guessing you had some luck. I'm a pepperoni and anchovies guy but I'm good with whatever. What about everyone else? At least we won't see any Hell's Horsemen here. Too bad there's not an Old Grand Dad's here but this might be alright too."

"According to the sign over there, this is a New York institution. Like Grandads is for Merctown, I'd guess." She takes a bite of the pizza and her eyes close in rapture. "Okay, I can see why. This is amazing."

She then refers back to Ecks' first comment when he got back. "Yeah, I was able to sell some of the footage and stills from that fight we saw earlier. It's a truth in any society with even a mostly free press, publishers are hungry for footage and pictures because they sell issues and episodes. I had pictures from that parkour event I told you about that got bought by a publisher out of Chi-Town. Turns out there was this girl from Chi-Town competing and I had gotten some really nice pics."

Brianna Clarke wrote:Brianna's face brightens and she smiles at Mink. That's very nice of you, thanks!” Brianna adds a Pan Pizza to the order so the group can try Chicago style pizza.

"Not a problem. Ooh, nice choice."
Image Image
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:23 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 22/34% (or 49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d100 = 25/1d20 = 4

Sel looks around her and feels like she is seeing everything for the first time again as the full scope of just how much technology was around her. She went slack jawed and stood in total amazement as she weeps tears of joy (not that anyone else could see them). After several minutes ogling technology the way most men ogle a pretty woman, she notices that there was a clear difference in the way humans were treated compared to the way the mutant animals were treated, even if they weren't being disrespected. It felt confusing to her. Victor starts to gush like a little school girl (and Sel really can't blame him because she's on the verge of doing so as well), causing her to force the issues of inequality from her mind as he speculates the purpose of what he's seeing, and Mink chimes in saying that it's a form of fashion. "It would look like to me that the humans of this era treat power armor in a way similar to how racers treat their race cars and motorcycles, trying to be the flashiest and most memorable. My mentor, Orog, whould often have me design and make TW modifications for racers vehicles to give me experience with designing and modifiying things. Those racers usually had a normal vehicle for the normal races, plus their special rides for the special races. Many of them had us sign exclussivity contracts, prohibiting us from installing the mod we made for them on one of their opponents vehicles."

As Victor's and Mink's conversation veered back to sports, she looked around and saw a self driving car parked nearby and found she could not help herself. With trepidition, she slowly approaches the vehicle much in the same way that a wild predator would stalk it's prey. She kneels down next to it, removes her helmet, and presses her forehead to the car as he mentally links to with Telemechanicx (-10 ISP). When the mental link finally expires, she sits in a chair with an expression that could be confused with the satisfied look of content many have after engaging in sex (not that wouldn't be far from the truth). She tries a slice of the pizza that Bri orders and the look on her face intensifies. "OH MY GOD THIS IS SO GOOD!" she exclaims.
Last edited by Selenidaria on Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

"Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:59 am

((rolls carried))

Ecks tries one of the large floppy pizza slices. Taking a bite he nods in approval with head tilted. However Brianna's order, the pan pizza, is more to his liking. "Now we're talkin'." he says with a smile. "A little more like I'm used to. They're both pretty good but call me a sucker for good deep dish." While he eats he does take note of the difference in language between American and the language they speak here. It's understandable but the accent is heavy and even some of the words are different. He wonders what he sounds like to them.

After eating a couple slices, Ecks continues "So, we need to find a place to crash. we have two good options as I see it. Either head towards the harbor and look for a warehouse there or head inland and find one there. I want to get out of the surveillance state here. We might also look for any slums they have here. If we need to make it over the ocean, I think our most likely option is going to be air travel. So we're either going to have to come up with a lot of money for tickets, stowaway if possible or to commandeer our own." he says in American.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Re: "Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:53 am

Ecks wrote:Ecks tries one of the large floppy pizza slices. Taking a bite he nods in approval with head tilted. However Brianna's order, the pan pizza, is more to his liking. "Now we're talkin'." he says with a smile. "A little more like I'm used to. They're both pretty good but call me a sucker for good deep dish." While he eats he does take note of the difference in language between American and the language they speak here. It's understandable but the accent is heavy and even some of the words are different. He wonders what he sounds like to them.

After eating a couple slices, Ecks continues "So, we need to find a place to crash. we have two good options as I see it. Either head towards the harbor and look for a warehouse there or head inland and find one there. I want to get out of the surveillance state here. We might also look for any slums they have here. If we need to make it over the ocean, I think our most likely option is going to be air travel. So we're either going to have to come up with a lot of money for tickets, stowaway if possible or to commandeer our own." he says in American.

"Given the prevalent use of automated cars, would we even be able to commandeer a plane if it's automated as well? I feel that our best chances of getting out from under surveillance would be in the harbor area as there are going to be large warehouses and untold amounts of large shipping containers that are coming and going that would mask our presence as well. The only downside would be the fact that it would also increase the risk of us getting lost in there, or forgetting how to get to where we're holing up if we split up for whatever reason." Sel says, voicing her concerns.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 51
JIC: 1d20 = 4
JIC: 1d100 = 35

Max has for the moment let his guard down, this place seems safe enough for now. The food was good but he is hungry so it doesnt matter if its good or not. He can eat a lot of food for his size and he eats a lot of pizza and drinks several drinks. As he reaches his fill he nods off and falls asleep. Its been along time since he got any sleep and he is out hard and fast.
Maximillian O'Malley

Postby Ecks » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:32 pm

((rolls carried))

"I would expect automation is mostly in major cities. And, to be fair automated in many ways is no harder to high jack than anything else, maybe even easier." he says in a close voice so as to not let his words drift. As pretty and nice as everything is, it makes him more wary and cautious than normal while enjoying some good pizza. Ecks shifts in his seat glimpsing at the people around. There are so many questions he still needs to answer about this place to get a better handle on it. However time may not be available to ever get them.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Selenidaria » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:36 pm

Ecks wrote:"I would expect automation is mostly in major cities. And, to be fair automated in many ways is no harder to high jack than anything else, maybe even easier." he says in a close voice so as to not let his words drift. As pretty and nice as everything is, it makes him more wary and cautious than normal while enjoying some good pizza. Ecks shifts in his seat glimpsing at the people around. There are so many questions he still needs to answer about this place to get a better handle on it. However time may not be available to ever get them.

"I'm looking at the this from the point of view that automation wouldn't have a need for a pilot's compartment or windows, maybe even cameras depending on the sensors being used. We can't just assume that every vehicle that we come across is going to have space for a driver/pilot if it was designed to be automated. An automated cargo plane could very well have very little spare room in the cargo hold, and wouldn't need to have environmental seals unless the cargo was alive, and even then I would suspect that the individual cargo containers would have the environmental seals instead of the planes. I feel that this is not only something that we need to think on, but also plan around ahead of time if we can so that we have a contingency plan." Sel says to Ecks. She sits and eats as she contemplates what they can do when a thought occurs to her. She can enter a computer in a similar fashion to how most psychics enter the Astral Realms and looks to Bri and asks "Can you communicate telepathically?"
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:47 pm

(rolls held over)

Conditions

Brianna grins as she watches everyone enjoy the pizza they ordered and grabs a slice of each of the pizza so she can try all of it. Digging in happily, for a brief second, Brianna almost feels the way she did before the world ended and she ended up in the weird world she was trying to survive in.

She can enter a computer in a similar fashion to how most psychics enter the Astral Realms and looks to Bri and asks "Can you communicate telepathically?"

Brianna nods at Sel and replies, ”Yes, I can communicate telepathically.”

Brianna Clarke

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:56 pm

Brianna Clarke wrote:(rolls held over)

Conditions

Brianna grins as she watches everyone enjoy the pizza they ordered and grabs a slice of each of the pizza so she can try all of it. Digging in happily, for a brief second, Brianna almost feels the way she did before the world ended and she ended up in the weird world she was trying to survive in.

She can enter a computer in a similar fashion to how most psychics enter the Astral Realms and looks to Bri and asks "Can you communicate telepathically?"

Brianna nods at Sel and replies, ”Yes, I can communicate telepathically.”

"I was hoping so. I can mentally enter a computer or storage device and perhaps learn information, or perhaps gain access to funds to give us more options, but if I do I would only be able communicate to someone through telepathy. I just need to know what to look for. Is that a psychic ability you possess? I just don't want to presume what you can do." Sel explains to Bri, realizing that enter a computer like she was talking about was something that Bri might be able to do.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:57 am

• Time: 0600 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE

THE SUN IS THE SAME IN A RELATIVE WAY* (Ecks, Bri, Drake, Mink, Sel, Victor, Max!!)
Note: the accent is similar to the Metal Morph mutants.
Ray's has lots of "traditional" appeal, but it also clearly caters to the modern sensibilities. There are normal tables and booths. There are also standing tables that are sized to the exo-skeleton crowd. Stools are available so that the non-enhanced members of a party can sit at the large tables as well. So accommodating.

The smell of pizza and bread and bad coffee hits Drake like a wall. It makes Grandad's Pizza seem weak. This is pre-Rifts pizza!!!!

Mink takes the entrepreneurial of the time in stride and makes some cash money (of the virtual kind) real fast.

Victor's googly eyed staring at the general population borders on awkward. Piqued by Ecks and Mink's conversation, he notices that there are approximately six very common brands of base model suits (think Ford, Chevy, Honda, etc). They have a wide range of accessories from an equally diverse group of manufacturers. He can also determine some of the luxury base model brands (Jag, Porsche, etc.), which have a corresponding range of accessories from a more limited pool of manufacturers. He is doing some serious ogling.

Ecks observes the crowd for a while too, but not nearly as awkwardly as Victor. But Ecks goes a step further and actually makes contact! He approaches a likely suspect. He was able to spot the fashionistas, the muscle-car posers, the wannabe street racers, and all the other people who would have maybe read the brochure. But there are actual performance junkies in amongst the posers and wannabes. Whereas the poser macho suit might have extra loud servos and pronounced hydraulics, the true performance models are more subtle. So he approaches a more subtle unit clearly designed for the free running that Mink was describing. It is a tight machine. But Ecks can hear that one of the knee shock absorbers is out of tune and causing a scraping sound. It's probably the shock absorber itself contacting with its protective casing. That's just a guess of course... Ecks spends approximately eight minutes talking to the person in the armor (gender is unclear) about the scene. The person is seriously interested in Ecks' rig as well, asking all sorts of questions. They notice the logo and say, "Yo, like, if you show up at the run, don't flash the colors. Everyone's a little skittish around you contractors after, you know." But they do tell Ecks where and when an "event" is occurring. Starting "around" 11pm in the "old Jersey" port the annual "crane run" is happening. Strictly "street" of course.

The pizza hits the spot and the coffee is bad, but there is a sufficient sufficiency for even Max's Madhaven induced hunger. Basically until all the food Mink will pay for is gone, that's all that Max notices. There is a small crucifix on the wall next to the business license. Small miracles?

It may be called "Chicago Style" pizza, and even though it is tasty, it is not like pizza in Chicago. Oh well. We all know how particular people are about their regional pizzas. I even know this guy from Columbus who claims that Tommy's Pizza is the best pizza ever. I mean it's good and all...but I guess someone from the West Coast can't really judge, you know...

Ahem, anyway.

Mesi transmits an irritated thought t Bri, I do not understand all the geo-political terms I have heard cross your mind. Middle East is not a designation I am familiar with. Our goddess thrived by the fertile Nile. Before Bri can react, Maia does, Yes, the Nile is part of Egypt which is part of the Middle East.

The profusion of tech is enough to distract Sel from the enormity of the environment. She latches on (literally) to one of the delivery vehicles idling (not that it's internal combustion, in this instance, idling is used to indicated that the vehicle is sitting and waiting before it gets back to work) at the curb. The vehicle is about the size of a golf cart, almost all of its volume dedicated to some sort of pressurized containers. When she puts her noggin on the vehicle's hood, she learns all sorts of good stuff! It's an automated delivery vehicle that caters to the micro-brew enthusiasts in the city. Each pressurized container is a growler of some sort of uber-craft beer from an equally hipster brewery in some cool hip part of town (she can see its route map, of course). Oddly, its door-to-door capability is limited, the customer actually has to get out of their home and down to the street and CARRY THEIR OWN little tiny container of outrageously prized brew (she can also access the promotional material and ads it projects). There is no cabin or on-board physical controls. The navigation around the city is a combination of "GPS" (which uses satellites!!! in orbit!!!) and a local data network that provides the finer precision. Unfortunately for Sel, the concept of satellites and orbit and the endless vastness of space is enough to make her pass out. But only for a couple minutes.

The pizza does a good job in aiding Sel's recovery.

At this time in the morning, Ray's is fairly empty. So Max can find an empty booth and crash. The hard, molded, fake wood is pretty damn comfy. Compared to the monster filled rubble of Madhaven, it's amazing.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:
    Notes

*The Great Gig in the Sky is next, because you can't actually listen to Time properly without transitioning right into The Great Gig in the Sky.
ImageImage
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Selenidaria » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 61/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d100 = 11/1d20 = 1

When Sel mentally bonds with the vehicle and she learns of satellites orbiting the earth, she turns her head skyward as she tries in vain to look for them high in the sky, and it keeps going, and going, and going, and going...

The next thing she remembers is waking up flat on her back thinking Technology that is flying around the earth so high, creating a communication web that spans the enitre globe! How exciting! How terrifying to put it up there in the first place! AGH! Before she opens her eyes again, she rolls over on to her side and looks down when she opens them and then gets up, first leaning back up to her knees, then getting up all the way. Shaking her head, she says to Ecks "If I was uncertain before, I am very much confidant that any mode of transportation that we find, needs to be able to accommodate living passengers. Anything that is automated with cargo space is going to have it's cargo space specifically designed for the maximum amount of cargo and would not need any amenities for people since they are not supposed to be there. Not unless we found an empty cargo container and managed to swap a cargo billet, but that would be about it."

Sel listens in from a respectful distance away (at least 15') on the conversation that Ecks is having with person in armor about the street run, and after their conversation is over, she will go to the nearest available public computer terminal and do a search using the terms "power armor street running" and "contractors" to see what comes up, as well as directions to the "old Jersey Port", using the term "crane run" to try and get an idea of the route. (Computer Operation: 1d100 = 62/67%)
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:32 am

Perception: 1d100 = 23/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 94

Computer Use: 1d100 = 81/103% < locate the information on "the incident".

"Possibly. But also remember for actual cargo craft they are transporting more than birthday cards. Automated cars are one thing, but many ton aircraft suspended over the heads of civilians I suspect may still have pilot technicians. As you know, the only thing guaranteed with tech is that it breaks. But I expect that some further research will net us what we need to know. As far as a cargo container, I suppose we could ship ourselves if we can come up with the cash. Outside of that all of us have armor that should take care of our basic needs for a while if we don't. I was talking to a person earlier that mentioned an event for the armored crowd. It might be an opportunity to make some cash on the side." Ecks says, taking another bite of pizza. The pizza is good and a welcomed change. But fleeting time hasn't escaped his thoughts.

Ecks also adds, "Worth mentioning they thought I was a contractor. Guessing a security contractor of some fashion. They seemed to indicate there was an incident. I'm looking to see if I can find reference to it. Seems like it was a big deal." he says, wiping his hands off on a napkin and pulls out his computer again to read up on any major incidents involving defense or security contractors, power armor or similar.

"Speaking of a place to go, they mentioned the Old Jersey port. The Crane run. If it's kind of a derelict area it might be worth checking out." he adds off hand as he scans digital media.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:08 pm

Ecks wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 23/85%
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 5/Original post: 1d100 = 94

Computer Use: Original post: 1d100 = 81/103% < locate the information on "the incident".

"Possibly. But also remember for actual cargo craft they are transporting more than birthday cards. Automated cars are one thing, but many ton aircraft suspended over the heads of civilians I suspect may still have pilot technicians. As you know, the only thing guaranteed with tech is that it breaks. But I expect that some further research will net us what we need to know. As far as a cargo container, I suppose we could ship ourselves if we can come up with the cash. Outside of that all of us have armor that should take care of our basic needs for a while if we don't. I was talking to a person earlier that mentioned an event for the armored crowd. It might be an opportunity to make some cash on the side." Ecks says, taking another bite of pizza. The pizza is good and a welcomed change. But fleeting time hasn't escaped his thoughts.

Ecks also adds, "Worth mentioning they thought I was a contractor. Guessing a security contractor of some fashion. They seemed to indicate there was an incident. I'm looking to see if I can find reference to it. Seems like it was a big deal." he says, wiping his hands off on a napkin and pulls out his computer again to read up on any major incidents involving defense or security contractors, power armor or similar.

"Speaking of a place to go, they mentioned the Old Jersey port. The Crane run. If it's kind of a derelict area it might be worth checking out." he adds off hand as he scans digital media.

"I hope you don't mind that I was eavesdropping on your conversation with them, but I already started searching for information pertaining to either, trying to find out the incident in question and/or the route for the Crane Run at the Old Jersey Port." Sel say as she eats with her left hand and types with her right.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 68
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 93

Max's dreams are more vivid than usual. He sees the mutant from Madhaven selling pizza. Hes telling him that he can't sing on the corner. WHATSAMATTA WITH YOU CAT, GET OFFA MY CORNER!
The mutant slowly melts away into a devil and disappears. The angel appears from the sky as big and bright as the sun and then changes to look like one of the angel pictures in the sunday school books, very cartoonish and medieval. Ready yourself Maximillian. It is time to do His bidding.
The angel floats away.
Max sees his mother. So religious. She looks so proud of her son.Do me proud son. Save the sinners Next to her is his father. He sings in his usual deep gravelly voice Soft Kitty warm kitty little ball of fur, happy kitty sleepy kitty purr purr purr... His dream trails off.

Outside of his dream he twitches a little in his seat, rolls a little and continues to sleep.
Maximillian O'Malley

Postby Ecks » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:15 pm

((rolls held))

Ecks is suprised by Max's quick descent into sleep. "Doesn't talk much does he? I'm sure this is all very odd for him. I do have to say I'm feeling a bit of a food siesta coming on if we weren't up to our eyeballs now."

Replying to Sel, he says, "What? No. Doesn't bother me. Hopefully one of will dig up something quick. Maybe we can make our way that way after we're done."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Drake » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 60/55%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 26
Conditions: None.

Drake is rather quiet during the dining experience at the pizza shop. He eats a few pieces, but doesn't really show any real joy in the fact it's pizza. Once the group is done eating, Drake shakes his head as he watches Max fall asleep. Now there is a skill I never learned. To sleep whenever i needed to. Drake thinks as he sits there in his slim chrome-plated power armor. When Eck's mentions the Jersey Port, Drake cocks his head to the side. "You think they'll have ships there?" Drake asks quizzically.
Drake
M.D.C. by Location:
Armor:
Weapons:
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:14 pm

Ecks wrote:((rolls held))

Ecks is suprised by Max's quick descent into sleep. "Doesn't talk much does he? I'm sure this is all very odd for him. I do have to say I'm feeling a bit of a food siesta coming on if we weren't up to our eyeballs now."

Replying to Sel, he says, "What? No. Doesn't bother me. Hopefully one of will dig up something quick. Maybe we can make our way that way after we're done."

"No, but we've only known him for what, less than a day? But back to the race, I was actually considering entering it myself. I am pretty sure that Mink already is planning on entering it too, and is more likeley to do better than me, but who knows what will happen? Not to mention that is just more chances of scoring some quick and easy cash. If I can find out what the route is, I'd like to try and take Scott out to scout it out ahead of time and try and give us a leg up in the competition, especially since we don't know the area like the locals do." Sel says to Ecks. When Drake asks about the port, Sel replies with "It would be reasonable to make that assumption, or at the very least that there will be ships nearby."
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:19 am

((rolls carried))

Ecks seems only mildly interested in the race, but is also cautious about doing too much to get noticed. "I'd just make sure to make yourselves seem less military-esque. That seems to helping us but there might be more involved with that. but yeah, let's head that way."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

PreviousNext

Return to AA Professional Services