Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

In the distant reaches of the Milky Way Galaxy, a race teeters on the brink of extinction as it is pursued by the relentless Atorian Empire. [Adventure forum.]

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:31 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 55, 0800
Location: A.D.F.S. Dauntless


The 1st SOG awakens the next morning at reveille (0600) and sets about their morning routine with unusual alacrity. They have gear to ready for transfer, after all. Morning meal consumed and showers taken, the squad sets about stripping their racks, folding their uniforms, and gathering the stuff from their foot lockers in the berthing. At 0700 Speckles shows up, gives them instructions as to which albatross they'll be taking at 0800, and doesn't insult their intelligence by informing them of the obvious necessity of getting all their gear onto that bird. It's a tight schedule with all the gear the 1st SOG has accumulated over the last few weeks, but they manage to get everything stowed aboard the waiting albatross, even the three suits of power armor used by various members of the squad. Wanda, Rolyn, Isabela, and Rúni board and pair off in jump seats between the four turrets. Each has a satchel with them holding all of their necessaries.

The albatross stands ready in Hangar Bay One. Flight deck personnel are removing the last few hook-ups, and the boarding iris is open.

Upper Deck, Albatross
Image

Rosseyn runs a few pre-flight checks from the co-pilot's station: all systems are nominal. Corrigon boards the albatross with the boredom of one accustomed to having been the master of many small craft. As he stows his gear he wonders what changes will have taken place when they return from their mission this time. Ryden slides into his seat behind Corrigon and runs a pre-flight check on all ECM and associated systems: all systems are nominal.

Lower Deck, Albatross
Image
Niall heads to the crew chief's engineering panel just behind and below the cockpit, and goes through his own engineering, auxiliary, and counter-measure systems checklist: all systems normal. Cairo takes position at the romeo one turret, pulls on his headset, allows it to merge into his head slightly, and checks in with the team. Halko stows his gear and takes the Lima one station. Sliding into the turret, he pulls on his headset and checks in with the team. Halko and Cairo in their turrets look once again at the familiar controls and the targeting computer panel. Their eyes drift over the display panels and take in its features.
The Target ID window is in the top right.
The Comm window is on the bottom right.
The data display is along the left side of the screen.
Just like on the Bait & Switch.


Moving to a New Home
Hangar Bay One is cleared of non-essential personnel with professional rapidity and the white shirt in charge of the deck signals for the doors to open. The moments pass, the doors open to vacuum, and Corrigon smoothly extracts the albatross from the bay as Rosseyn handles radio traffic with Dauntless Control and Pri-Fly. Halko and Cairo watch as the massive doors close behind them. The doors quickly disappear into the massive broadsides of the A.D.F.S. Dauntless but it takes a solid five minutes before the gargantuan ship begins to look small with distance. Niall and Ryden both get throbbing green lights on their displays. They are receiving coordinates and landing instructions for the Stiletto. The two nod to one another and Ryden routes the data to the pilot and co-pilot's instrument panels. Within a few minutes of high speed burns and directional corrections, they come within sight of their new home, the Stiletto.
Image

Corrigon initiates radio contact with A.D.F.S. Stiletto. "Stiletto Control, this is Albatross bravo-zero-zero-one requesting bay door opening for landing, ten souls on board. Over."

"Roger, Albatross bravo-zero-zero-one, proceed to landing on Stiletto's port side. Initiating bay door opening sequence now. Over and out." Corrigon maneuvers their vessel to the other side of the thousand foot long warship. The bay doors begin to loom large in the canopy of the albatross when they suddenly begin to retract with far greater speed than the massive, armored bay doors of the Dauntless. Within seconds, the massive doors are open and reveal the tight confines of the landing bay, but Corrigon, accustomed to landing Shrikes and albatrosses in a variety of vessels' landing bays, is unflustered. He uses the attitude control jets on the albatross to slow the vessel to a snail's pace as it passes beyond the door perimeter, then cuts the jets and allows the vessel to settle to the deck. The bay doors close with the same rapidity as they opened, and within a second there's a nearly deafening hissing sound as atmosphere refills the hangar bay. A few moments later, this too ceases, and everyone's instrument panels show a green light for full pressurization external to the albatross. They're home.

A white shirt and a trio of brown shirts emerge from a tunnel to one side of the albatross. The white shirt gives Corrigon a perfunctory thumbs-up, and the four crewmen get to work with a pair of small tractors and loads of experience to maneuver the albatross into proper position for it's next departure.


Conditions:
Local Time: Day 55, 0830
Location: A.D.F.S. Stiletto


Everyone knows they're going to need to let their passengers disembark, and get in touch with the Captain Tanaka before the Stiletto makes its jump to Chandrakant.

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:51 pm

OOC: Medical Records Confirmed via Hangouts & supplemented below[OOC]

Perception [59%]: 1d20 = 12 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d100 = 33
JiC D100: 1d100 = 70

Cairo rises sometime around 0500 to a flashing LED-alarm programmed into his personal computer and checks for messages [Medical Records, Court-marshal charges, ads for Male Enhancement and Credit Cards, an apology email from Qorbin for being a killjoy, whatever's there]. He's fresh as a blooming flower since he fatigues at 1/3 the normal rate and turned in early to boot. After reading through whatever is there (if anything), he rolls over onto an absently conjured floating disc (which conveniently hovers him past anyone sleeping and over the the head). **Heading over to the Stiletto today. Tanaka seemed like fun last night, guess I can pray that it's as good a ship as the Assegai was.** When he finishes with morning biological 'requirements', CJ quietly [Prowl 75%: 1d100 = 51] heads back to his locker and pulls out a clean t-shirt, flight suit, and running shoes which he dons [sans helmet which he tucks under an arm] before heading out to sit and reflect at the Hall-Memorial for awhile.

He then proceeds over to Hangar 002 in the interest of testing out one of his newly developed powers, the one that lets him go without an EBA. Cairo makes his way over to an airlock/access hatch and depressurizes before he steps outside for a-while [if questioned, CJ will explain that he's cleared for EVA without a suit]. Xanreys's unyielding grip remains locked onto a safety handle with 1 hand as the other calmly holds onto the unneeded helmet. **Passed over after the Coup for promotion, and now it looks like every gods-damned step up the ladder I take is going to be in the process of boosting some snivelling sod or another ahead of me. I'm either going to be looking at Niall's ass the who damn time, or covering it while he damn cowers like a b^tch. He's a nice enough guy, but damn it he did not do shit on that rock Grymdin except get snatched up and carried off by Zed and he still managed to get another promotion ahead of me ... though they really frakked over Halko didn't they? That kid's sprouting powers like a damn fountain and they won't even give him O-1 status.** In impotent frustration and rage, Cairo screams a string of profanities out out into the void where no one can hear them for a solid five minutes. Then, once this is complete the PA Pilot exhales, soaking up the silence and unyielding cold of emptiness as he looks inward for a path that doesn't involve breaking some dumb-ass' jaw into tiny framents, *3 weeks ago I was just your standard silk-smooth pilot who could dance a Wardog between the blades on a spinning fan. I couldn't even fly, and although I could ring an ADF Marine's bell I did not have to worry about killing anyone in a bar fight. Now I can lift 5? 6 tons? If I'm not careful or lose my fuse, my stress release is going to frakking permanently cripple someone else ... Blood and ashes, what the frak was Bodean thinking talking about barfighting for fun? He must be damn good at holding back. What do they say? To a man with only a hammer, a screw is a defective nail.*

In the vacuum Cairo floats in contemplation looking out at the unblinking and apparently unmoved starscape when he notices that he physically, in addition to not feeling the Cold or the need to breathe, seems to have lost his the gnawing feeling in his belly for breakfast, **I wonder if this is part of my biological adjustment, or did I just get too focused on something else and lost my appetite? If it was part of the change, does that make me more plantlike now? hehehe, Am I able to subsist off of starlight and solar radiation? No more rations necessary then? There's probably a limit, but no time today to experiment as to its extent.** Then heads back in to the Berthing where he quietly packs his gear into a couple heavy bags and heads back to Hangar 001 to find their new Albatross.

==== Later ====

With grim bemusement CJ takes a seat at the Romeo-1 Turret, **If this little jag-off Ego isn't a better frakking pilot than I am, I am going to figuratively break his knees, so help me ... or at minimum put him to scrubbing the halls of the Stiletto with a toothbrush 8 hours at a damn time.** Cairo will Machine-Merge and begin the fire-linking process for the two Romeo-Turrets creating set-ups for the 2 stations to jointly target and fire (with a basic Numeric password [1313] to access the joint-control function):

Computer Programming [95%+25% Linked = 120%]: 1d100 = 64, 1d100 = 69, 1d100 = 5
Weapon Systems [105%+25% Linked = 130%]: 1d100 = 15, 1d100 = 38, 1d100 = 15

"Romeo 1 and 2 designating a joint firing code of 1313 if the need arises for future operations. Can set up Lima joint-firing as well if desired, just name your access code. Or we can link the 2 front and 2 rear turrets if that is preferred." After completing any setup that Halko IDs as his preference, Cairo sits back casually from the console for a few moments after touchdown before unbuckling and walking over to check their stowed gear inquiring to anyone in easy earshot, "Hey did that Sentry-Bot from the Eclipse come over? I was going to take a look at its AI, FNF, and automated targetting programs."
Last edited by Cairo on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:10 pm

A medic shows up in the launch bay shortly after their touch down, approaches the boarding iris, and calls out to those inside. "I have a confidential intrafleet communique for Lieutenant Xanreys!" When Cairo shows up, she has him submit to a quick retinal scan, then hands over the datapad to him, and runs off back into one of the adjoining tunnels.

When Cairo goes to read the communique he finds that it's from Doc Links himself.

Confidential Message wrote:"Lieutenant, we finally managed to get around to your blood work. Sorry for the delay. Anyway, your results are enclosed.
Happy hunting at your new command,
Doc."

There is a prefacing statement followed by the three findings and commentary regarding each.
Code: Select all
Three serious genetic alterations have occurred since last your matrix was mapped.
YOU HAVE DEVELOPED AN UNIDENTIFIED RESISTANCE OR IMMUNITY ADAPTATION. These sorts of changes are often incredibly subtle. You may not even be aware of its manifestation under normal circumstances.
YOU HAVE DEVELOPED AN UNIDENTIFIED ALTERNATIVE BIOLOGICAL ADAPTATION. Often, but not always, these adaptations are easily identified by an immediate and obvious change in one's physical appearance. This is not the case with the markers on your matrix, so remain observant of your own physical body.
YOU HAVE DEVELOPED MASSIVELY INCREASED STRENGTH/MUSCLE DENSITY. This kind of adaptation usually, though not always, results in a visible physical change. Be cautious with your newfound strength as it can be as potentially harmful to yourself as with others until you've adapted to your new strength.

(Adjust your post accordingly.)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:41 am

Perception: 1d100 = 57/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 9

Dauntless:
Sleeping well after the nice promotion celebration for his SOG, the sound of reveille is a stark reminder that the celebrations are occasional while the job is forever. He awakens quickly and sets to preparations immediately. Shit, shower, shave happen before he's truly conscious causing him to nick himself during the latter activity. He instinctively becomes a semi-translucent, fully intangible blue version of himself, causing his razor to drop through his fleshless form and to the ground. He looks down with sleep in his eyes and says "Frak." Gotta get a handle on that.

The rest of the morning goes much better with his packing taking little to no time. If you never unpack, you never have to pack it back up. He places his photo album from the side of his bed into his duffel bag and makes sure to grab the picture of his parents from the wall. His gear, already neatly in order, is easy to load onto the new Albatross for the flight to the Stiletto. Once he's loaded up, he takes a look over the new Albatross before checking in with his new pilot. "Lance Corporal Malath. Ego. Combat Aviator. You're flying this bird today, tomorrow and until I say stop. My advice for you? Always do your best, fly true and straight and if you want to live, always listen to Brainiac. Without his smarts watching our backs, the 1st would be space dust 10 times over. We clear?"

The Void:
Once everyone is loaded on, Nova takes his seat in the co-pilot chair and runs his pre-flight checks, then handles the radio traffic as they head out the bay doors. As they pull away from the Dauntless, Nova says quietly "Goodbye old friend. On to the next."

From his co-pilot's seat, Rosseyn watches as Ego masterfully makes their way through the void and lands the Albatross in the Stiletto's docking bay. "Excellent work, Ego."

Stiletto:
"Alright, crew. Our passengers are going to disembark first. Once they are clear, the 1st may make its way off of the ship. I am headed to meet with Captain Tanaka. Brainiac, you're with me. Everyone else, get loaded up into our Berthing and familiarize yourself with the Stiletto. Welcome to your new home." And with that, he heads to C.D.C. to contact Captain Tanaka.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:28 am

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 19 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 2
JiC D100: 1d100 = 64

After accepting the datapad with his medical reports on it from the courier, CJ thanks the man and slips it into his pocket before returning his attention to the others, **Maybe I can re-purpose this datapad for Rolly. He probably doesn't have much, but this thing should at minimum have enough space for some music files, books too. Something to occupy his mind in the off hours.**

Rosseyn wrote:Stiletto:
"Alright, crew. Our passengers are going to disembark first. Once they are clear, the 1st may make its way off of the ship. I am headed to meet with Captain Tanaka. Brainiac, you're with me. Everyone else, get loaded up into our Berthing and familiarize yourself with the Stiletto. Welcome to your new home." And with that, he heads to C.D.C. to contact Captain Tanaka.


*Thankfully I was previously stationed on a Destroyer, I already know my way around the layout. Just have to find our Berthing No. which looks like XX-16748. Should be easy enough. Niall probably gets to take the Supermodel gal to her berth, but me? ... I shall drop my stuff and see who else is assigned about this thing. Maybe garner a bit of good will if I can.* Cairo lifts the heavily laden dufflebags of his gear without any apparent strain, and heads over towards the door to offer Rolyn a friendly jostle and humorous jibe since they are cousins, "C'mon c'mon slowpoke. Kidding, kidding. Looks like we are in XX-16748, stop by if you want to get a drink later tonight."

Once their passengers have departed, Cairo checks with the deck crew to see where the First SOG's combat gear will be stowed (OOC: On the Dauntless it was in the Hangar, but CJ wants to at least know where in the Hangar if there are different sections etc.) then follows suit and departs for [First SOG Berthing].
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:12 pm

Percep 39%: 1d100 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 56

Halko didn't linger in the Crow's Nest very long. He sipped at his drink and kept his conversation to just plain small talk. When Captain Tanaka and Commander Qorbin headed out, Halko set what was left of his drink back down on the bar, looked around for a moment and then headed back to their berthing.

Arriving back at the First SOG's berthing, Halko was happy to see that a lot of the gear they purchased off ship had been given back to them. Well, now this mean we have that much more stuff to pack. He shrugs and gets to work packing up all his gear.

When morning comes, Halko rises with the ease of a career soldier. Happily spotting that all his gear was still packed up save for the working uniform he set out the night before. Once he's cleaned up and ready, he goes by the mess hall for a bite before swinging back by the berthing and rounding up his gear.


Looking up at the Albatross, Halko smiles and says, "Lets hope you hold up better than your sister. Though she did us proud and got us home despite her moral wounds." Walking up the deck he runs his hand along the iris portal and says, "We're gonna need to find a name for you."

Halko stows his gear quickly and gets to his position at turret Lima One. As he fires up his station, he hears Cairo;

Cairo wrote:"Romeo 1 and 2 designating a joint firing code of 1313 if the need arises for future operations. Can set up Lima joint-firing as well if desired, just name your access code. Or we can link the 2 front and 2 rear turrets if that is preferred."


Clicking on his comms, Halko replies, "I was just thinking about that. I'm good with side to side. Link Lima One and Two under firing code 1847. While you're in there, you might as well set a fire code for front/front and rear/rear. After this run, I'll start taking the Lima Two turret so we can switch on the fly if need be."

Halko quiets down and enjoys the transit to the Stiletto. Once landed, Halko steps away from his turret and starts lining up all the gear that was stowed for the short flight over, readying it to be carried to their new berthing. Though he does keep out of the way of the passengers who will likely be off the Albatross as soon as the iris is open.

Once they have the location of their berthing, Halko grins at Cairo and says, "Mind conjuring up a force disk so we can get all this stuff in one run?" If Cairo has other plans, Halko goes out to find a cart that they can use. Either way, He loads up they First SOG's gear and makes his way to the assigned berthing.


Cairo wrote:"Hey did that Sentry-Bot from the Eclipse come over? I was going to take a look at its AI, FNF, and automated targeting programs."


Answering back with a shout, Halko says, "Yeah, I think I saw it when I was stowing my gear." He lets the word trail off as he goes about setting up his new turret.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:41 pm

Perception 83%/1d100 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 53, 1d20 = 7

Last Night
Ryden leaves shortly after their new CO leaves, bidding all a good night. He heads to the med bay for a checkup and normal bloodwork. While waiting for the routine checkup (after normal hours, so likely outside of Links' purview), he composes an email to Doc Links. He shifts uncomfortably, acutely aware he lacks his suit generator. 'I wish they'd get done with it already!'

    Doc Links,

    Got some leads on your information you wanted, and I have your prepaid FIN account with a two hours of prepaid access. Account number and passcode are attached. I also have some basic information (attached) on the Mull Tiaii Fassinae or Perola's medical research. The problem is, that is all I have. Short of spending time running down a reputable information broker, I'm at an impasse on getting any actual databases. They just aren't available without chasing down a ton of leads and weeding through the scams and set ups, which are rampant on Grymdin. If I get to either planet, getting that information will be my first priority. I have included everything I could find, on their medicine and their peoples.

    Did you ever work out those contacts that allow HUD and video information to be passed? Or pass it on to R&D?

    Anyway, seems we're shipping off to the Stiletto first thing in the morning. I stopped by to get a check up. Have a good one shipmate.
    Lt. Ryden Hunter, First SOG
Once he is called back, he goes through the motions, has blood drawn for standard post off-world mission tests. He he sees the Doc, he'll let him know he has mail. If not, he'll leave it to be found over the course of the next few days.

After leaving there, Ryden heads to Requisitions and heads up to the counter when called. "Lt. Ryden Hunter. SUPPO said that he'd left a package here for me, some armor?" He fills out any forms cheerfully and completely, giving small talk as needed. With the armor in a bag, he carries it with him to the hanger and packs it into one of the crates marked with his serial number. He also ensures a few things are loaded. The extra sweets that had been obtained were still in their stuff. He moves one to his crate and sends an email to Nova telling him he did it.

After making sure things were set up in their mission gear, he heads back to the bunks and packs up all his crap, except his hygene supplies, a set of workout clothes, and a uniform for tomorrow, as well as his flight suit.

Get up!
He also wakes up at 0500 and heads to the gym for one last workout on familiar equipment. In particular he works on strength training and keeping up his endurance training, as well as agility workouts. Bodean had shown him a lot, plus their sparring matches. They were always painful, but instructive. Bodean was a much better teacher for the things he knew than almost anybody knew, at least until recently. The thought of how uncomfortable Bodean's talk of his "sister-wife" amused him in a dark way.

And ONNN our way!
He heads back to the bunks by 0600 and gets a shower. He then goes and runs his workout clothes through laundry and heads back to get the final stuff packed up. The picture of his mother, which hands on the inside door of his locker, is the last thing to get packed. He places it protectively inside the book his father had given him after he graduated primary school.

Ryden arrives at the ship very early and helps get things moved inside. He finds his suit computer and gets it put on, and then his flight suit goes on. He then begins launch prep, setting up preferences on his station and the ones he knows about on all the others. None of them are particularly hard to deal with, but being able to quickly get to data you're used to getting to helps. Ego's station he doesn't touch - mostly because he just has no idea how the Lance Corporal would even want it done. He sets up several macros for sending data to various places in a hurry. All n all, it takes ten minutes. Considering his fingers never seem to stop, even when he looks away at something, that represents a lot of information and preferences entered. He also downloads all their mission data to the ship's computers from the backups on his suit.

Rosseyn wrote:"Lance Corporal Malath. Ego. Combat Aviator. You're flying this bird today, tomorrow and until I say stop. My advice for you? Always do your best, fly true and straight and if you want to live, always listen to Brainiac. Without his smarts watching our backs, the 1st would be space dust 10 times over. We clear?"

Ryden chuckles. "It's a team effort. Short version, you concentrate on flying, I concentrate on getting you information about your surroundings. And making sure the gunners have info. Niall will pass on any engineering issues to you, as normal for a crew chief. Once you enter your preferences and have them finalized, let me know so I can make a backup.

After the Flight.
Rosseyn wrote:"Excellent work, Ego."

Ryden nods at this, but says nothing else. Nothing else needed saying.

Rosseyn wrote:"Alright, crew. Our passengers are going to disembark first. Once they are clear, the 1st may make its way off of the ship. I am headed to meet with Captain Tanaka. Brainiac, you're with me. Everyone else, get loaded up into our Berthing and familiarize yourself with the Stiletto. Welcome to your new home."

"Copy that Boss, on your six."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:59 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 67

JIC 1d20 = 7
1d100 = 24

Transferring to the Stiletto

Niall boards the new Albatross and takes his seat at the Engineering station, running his typical pre-flight checks, and is relieved when all systems report back as normal. She's very similar to the Bait and Switch... the trick is always finding out where she differs, and how.

Halko wrote:"Lets hope you hold up better than your sister. Though she did us proud and got us home despite her moral wounds. We're gonna need to find a name for you."


Niall nods at Halko's words. "Sister, eh? That sounds about right. So they should have a name that bears out that theme..."

Bait and switch is a common scam. Scam... Con... Long con? Conman? Grifter?... The Grifter? That's not bad.

"What about The Grifter?"
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:14 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 55, 1030
Location: A.D.F.S. Stiletto
Grifter Stations
  • Pilot: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot: Rosseyn
  • EWO: Ryden
  • Crew Chief: Niall
  • Port Forward (L1) Turret: Halko
  • Port Aft (L2) Turret: Cairo
  • Starboard Forward (R1) Turret:
  • Starboard Aft (R2) Turret:
  • Passengers: Simone, Refit Combat Robot


Stand-By...
As soon as the jump is done, Corrigon contacts their new Mother. "Stiletto Control, this is Albatross bravo-zero-zero-one requesting bay door opening for departure, seven souls on board. Over."

Control responds promptly and professionally. "Albatross bravo-zero-zero-one, Control. Bay doors and depressurization are in the green, deck crew standing by. Control will advise when you're clear for launch. Control out." The 1st SOG soon feels multiple gravities of force which are maintained for the next fifteen minutes. It's very uncomfortable, but they each manage to keep from being sick or passing out through focusing on their breathing. When the initial, hard burn is finished, the tunnel doors to either side of the bay open up, and a handful of personnel (most in working uniforms with yellow piping, and all wearing helmets) emerge and get to work removing the fasteners which kept the Grifter fixed in place. They then use a small tractor to maneuver it into launch position near one of the launch bay doors. Once finished, a guy in a working uniform with white piping and helmet renders Corrigon a quick salute, then the whole deck crew vanishes back into the tunnels--all in under five minutes. A bright light flashes over the hangar bay door with gradually increasing frequency until it's steady. During this time even those helmeted and ensconced within the Grifter can hear the powerful evacuators pumping the air out of the launch bay. When the light goes steady, the launch bay doors open quickly and soundlessly. Not a breath stirs in the launch bay. Ryden is able to pull up updated telemetry from the Stiletto's nav feed. They've emerged from jump just inside the orbital path of Chandrakant 3 and are moving FAST towards Chandrakant 2's dark side on a course that keeps the fleet, the Atorian ship, and the planet all along their port side.

Image

Upper Deck
Image
Ryden and Rosseyn look around and take in the familiar sights of the cockpit. Ryden across from and behind Rosseyn, Niall's head & shoulders visible to them further aft and down the steps. The pilot's got a new face, but he's Arismal, and the voices of Cairo and Halko on the net are reassuringly familiar. The instrument panels are of the same configuration, just worn in the same places to different degrees than their last Albatross. All in all, the whole experience gives them both a mild feeling of deja vu. Even the blue-green speck growing in the distance outside the port launch bay seems a recollected memory. Corrigon, all too familiar with piloting these heavily armed shuttles, only feels novelty with his situation. He's part of a SOG, by the gods, and surrounded by their comradeship and competence. Strange constellations have so long been a part of the job that even the view out the open bay doors doesn't bother him. He's eager to get going.

Lower Deck
Image
Simone is reassured by the calm, professional, even casual tone of Halko in his turret seat a few feet fore of her fold-down seat. Across the way, Niall has finally risen from his own seat and stands before the crew chief's station, presumably verifying that everything's still fine after the jump and burn. Though she can't see him, she knows the squad's really big dude, Cairo, is in the starboard side turret. Other than slivers of space and stars she can see through the transparasteel sections of Halko's turret, her view is akin to that of someone on an old naval submarine: men and steel and technological gizmos. No cooling vegetation, no reassuring stone, no warmth of sunlight on her face and wind in her hair; just sweat and oil, men and steel. Everyone else feels the familiarity of a favorite pair of jeans.




Conditions:
Local Time: Day 55, 1145
Location: A.D.F.S. Stiletto
Grifter Stations
  • Pilot: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot: Rosseyn
  • EWO: Ryden
  • Crew Chief: Niall
  • Port Forward (L1) Turret: Halko
  • Port Aft (L2) Turret: Cairo
  • Starboard Forward (R1) Turret:
  • Starboard Aft (R2) Turret:
  • Passengers: Simone, Refit Combat Robot


Some interminable amount of time later, long after any possible novelty has worn off, Corrigon hears a familiar voice over the comm. "Albatross bravo-zero-zero-one, Captain Tanaka. You have a ten minute window. You are clear for launch. Happy hunting." The steady white light over the open bay doors turns green. The planet's dark side looms in the distance.

What are your intentions?

GM NOTE: I thought this a good place to cut my post. Feel free to re-post or carry-over any relevant skill attempts, etc. from your previous round of posts if they're now relevant.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:54 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 71

JIC 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 79

Pre-Flight

Niall wrote:Niall checks the AG drive's systems check, to make sure it is operating at optimum levels, per Ryden's request. If he finds a way to boost thruster output (WITHOUT ALTERING EM EMISSIONS) through programming or simple electronic repair, he will do so, but if boosting the thruster requires specialized mechanical repair or rebuilding, he will simply advise Ryden and Corrigon that boosting thruster output is not doable at this time. If there is doubt, Niall WILL NOT ATTEMPT to do so.

OOC Comments
Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 100% 1d100 = 87 (SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 91% 1d100 = 29 (SUCCESS)
Computer Programming ☞ 81% 1d100 = 32 (SUCCESS)
Computer Repair ☞ 76% 1d100 = 15 (SUCCESS)
Electrical Engineer ☞ 91% 1d100 = 100 (FAIL)
Electrical Engineer ☞ 91% 1d100 = 48 (SUCCESS)


Contingent Outcomes:
If Niall boosts thruster output - or if such is not necessary, Niall will state "Thrusters at optimal output."

If Niall cannot boost thruster output at this time, he announces "Thruster output unchanged. Will confer with engineering upon return to the Stiletto."

Niall then runs the standard preflight checks.

Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 91% 1d100 = 30 (SUCCESS)

"All systems check. We found a slight EM leak from the geologic sensor array, but I've repaired it, and I've written an EM burst protocol to mask our tell-tale EM sig while in the system. Emissions now within acceptable variance."

EGO wrote:"Niall, Cairo keep a close eye on those EM fluctuations, let me know the instance anything goes above the threshold. Niall, give me a continuous readout of the EM fields as regularly up to date as we can make it. If we get the attention of anything we shouldn't, I want to know in time to start evasive manoeuvres."


Niall nods. "Aye-aye. Routing EM readout to your station - you'll get the data in real time." Niall begins continuous passive monitoring of the ship's EM emissions, isolates those data, and forwards them to the conn. He also initiates the EM masking protocol, which will fire a white-noise-like burst of EM in conjunction with any emission outside of "EM silent" levels, to mask the emissions as stellar EM.

OOC Comments
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 91% 1d100 = 37 (SUCCESS)

Electronic Countermeasures ☞ 86% 1d100 = 90 (FAIL)
Electronic Countermeasures ☞ 86% 1d100 = 58 (SUCCESS)

Computer Operation ☞ 101% 1d100 = 67 (SUCCESS)


In-Flight

Niall continues to passively monitor drive performance and EM output, watching to ensure his preprogrammed EM spike protocol performs as expected.

Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 91% 1d100 = 36 (SUCCESS)

Hope Ego can keep that planet between us and that big Atorian ship... They didn't take much note of us last time we were here. Perhaps it's crippled. Still, dont want to take too much of a chance.

If the ship is flying EM silent within projected variances, Niall will report, "Grifter is maintaining EM silence. That nice big planetary EM bubble between us and the A-tards helps."

If he sees unexpected and unacceptable variance, he double-checks the readings checks to see if the protocol worked to mask the frequency burst.

Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 91% 1d100 = 87 (SUCCESS)
Computer Operation ☞ 101% 1d100 = 66 (SUCCESS)
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:31 pm

Perception 38% 1d100 = 13
JIC 1d100 = 78 1d20 = 17
Niall wrote:Niall nods. "Aye-aye. Routing EM readout to your station - you'll get the data in real time." Niall begins continuous passive monitoring of the ship's EM emissions, isolates those data, and forwards them to the conn. He also initiates the EM masking protocol, which will fire a white-noise-like burst of EM in conjunction with any emission outside of "EM silent" levels, to mask the emissions as stellar EM.


"Thank you, couldn’t ask for better. Lets hope we don't have to worry about anything during the journey." Corrigon thanks Niall in a friendly voice.

Ryden wrote:Ego, I'll be feeding you telemetry the whole time. If you need something say so, but you shouldn't have to ask twice. Also, get your preferences set and I'll save the config file on my suit for later. I put up the readings and flight log from the last time we were here. As you have time, look it over. You may see something we haven't. Fresh eyes and all. Anyway, looking forward to flying Air Malath." He grins a bit and gets the turrets all linked into a sensor feed he can drop in a microsecond.


"If I get chance, I'll have a look. While I am at it, how big do these dinosaurs get? Since I'll be taking a low flight plan once we reach the planet, I want to avoid one of them jumping up and trying to have us for lunch."
Could have done with this earlier, but at least I have it now.

Ryden wrote:"Yeah, we don't need to do that again. It sucked the last time."


Corrigon chuckles slightly as he responds
"From what I understand, quite a few of you might not even notice for a variety of reasons."

Cairo wrote:Delivering an audible chuckle CJ skeptically shakes his head at Ego's request, "You understand that I am riding in the ship right? I was not planning on visually monitoring the ship for EM leakage with my Mark-1 Eyeballs the entire time of transit, and getting out to periodically check things is kind of time consuming. Once this bird is in motion, I am just a plain old gunner since I am not up in the cockpit."


What a mitvah Corrigon thought, definitely feeling his nose pushed out of joint by being replaced as pilot. He switches off the intercom, not waiting to start an argument on the ship just before take off, but Rosseyn can hear Corrigon grumble quietly next to him.

“Considering you can merge with machines, being able to sense the ship having an issue whilst merged with it shouldn't be a problem."

Augur wrote:Control responds promptly and professionally. "Albatross bravo-zero-zero-one, Control. Bay doors and depressurization are in the green, deck crew standing by. Control will advise when you're clear for launch. Control out."



Whilst they waited, Corrigon peruses the data Ryden sent him, as he checks for possible issues during the flight they might encounter.

Augur wrote:Some interminable amount of time later, long after any possible novelty has worn off, Corrigon hears a familiar voice over the comm. "Albatross bravo-zero-zero-one, Captain Tanaka. You have a ten minute window. You are clear for launch. Happy hunting." The steady white light over the open bay doors turns green. The planet's dark side looms in the distance.


He looks at the co-pilot seat at Rosseyn.
"On your order," Corrigon awaits permission to launch, tapping the stick, ready to go.

Assuming he receives permission to launch, Corrigon takes them out, keeping the Grifter in the tolerances that Niall, Cairo and he established earlier before heading toward the planet using the protocol in order to prevent detection.

OOC Comments
Rolls copied from here
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=16745&p=1355390&sid=29ad25953f794a33e93c789935648ada#p1355345
Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small 106% 1d100 = 32
Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small 106% 1d100 = 93
Electronic Warfare 62/57%+5% 1d100 = 29
Electronic Warfare 62/57%+5% 1d100 = 75
Read Sensory Equipment 72% 1d100 = 83
Read Sensory Equipment 72% 1d100 = 63
Navigation: Space 77%+5% 1d100 = 18
Navigation: Space 77%+5% 1d100 = 61
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:28 pm

Perception: 83%/1d100 = 97
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 34
Massive, Amazing Rolls, like you'll never believe!
Military: Electronic Warfare 83%/Original post: 1d100 = 43 - To integrate Crash's routine into his own suite of EW protocols. SUCCESS
Cryptography 88%/Original post: 1d100 = 59 - To set up a new rotating Encryption scheme - his last one had been cracked on Grymdin. SUCCESS
Read Sensory Equipment 73%/Original post: 1d100 = 99 - Anything out there? Passives only. Crit Fail, but Deus ex machina and it's CRIT SUCCESS!
Navigation: Space 63%/Original post: 1d100 = 52 - "where do we go...from here?" SUCCESS
Computer Programming 113%/Original post: 1d100 = 63 - Make 3-D map magic SUCCESS


Corrigon wrote:"If I get chance, I'll have a look. While I am at it, how big do these dinosaurs get? Since I'll be taking a low flight plan once we reach the planet, I want to avoid one of them jumping up and trying to have us for lunch."

"It's all in the mission reports I'm pretty sure you should have access to. I downloaded them to the ship's computer. Your service number should get you into them the first time, then set up your access. I purge the ship and back it up on my suit after every mission, but as long as you save your preferences, they'll get restored when I restore the information to the ship. Data security and all." OOC: Check the archives I don't remember :P

Corrigon wrote:"From what I understand, quite a few of you might not even notice for a variety of reasons."

"Hey don't lump me in with those survival of the strongest, freaks of nature. Some of us still have to breathe here," he chuckles though, amused. And his tone is clearly joking.

"Alright, let's see if we can avoid a dead power drop this time! Hey Niall, I have some ideas for planet-side sensor and camera drones. I'll transmit them to you when I get the write up a bit more coherent."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:52 am

Percep: 64% =1d100 = 37
JIC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 82

Sensory Equipment 75%=1d100 = 33
Weapon Systems 85%=1d100 = 78

Slightly bored as he waits in the turret, Halko runs through his turret's systems one more time before they launch.

Keeping his eyes on the passive sensors and out the window, Halko calls back to Helbrect, "Don't be nervous. These guys will get us down in one piece. Well, Ego just joined the squad and we've never seen him fly before, but if he falters Fang will get us back in line." He chuckles a bit, "But the way you tell it, as long as we hit atmo, you should be able to survive a crash." He chuckles again, a bit louder, "As a matter of fact, so will I."

Halko lets the quiet sit for a moment, then asks Helbrect over his shoulder, "So why'd you go Chaplain? No offense but you don't seems the type. Plus with your powers you would have done well in Fleet Infantry, like me."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:39 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 5 [+15% in Space =74%]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: 1d100 = 49

Read Sensory Equipment (95%+25% Linked)=1d100 = 91
Weapon Systems (95%+25% Linked) =1d100 = 86

Merged to the Turret systems, Cairo checks the passive sensors more out of boredom than anything and taps the comm live, "Nova. Barring objection, I am going to switch from EBA to flight suit if we are planning on deploying in the Power Armors. Backlash, you have control of all turrets for now."

CJ will then trip down to the hold and perform a quick-change into a flight suit so that he can be more comfortable in the Hellhound, *Hehehe I wonder if Brainiac will eventually try and sync his Duskhound to turret targetting. Very situational, but you could put that on as a subroutine and activate within say ... a mile. That would let a someone hold off a damn pack of Dinosaurs, or bring on fire support without waiting for a 2nd PA to suit up.*
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:00 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 6/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 64

Corrigon wrote:He switches off the intercom, not waiting to start an argument on the ship just before take off, but Rosseyn can hear Corrigon grumble quietly next to him. “Considering you can merge with machines, being able to sense the ship having an issue whilst merged with it shouldn't be a problem."

Rosseyn gives a quick glance over to Corrigon to visually confirm that there isn't a problem and then puts his head back into his work. Need to figure out a way to ease tensions amongst the ranks. Can't have him off his game over some jest. That's for later, I've got an Albatross to fly.

Corrigon wrote:
Augur wrote:Some interminable amount of time later, long after any possible novelty has worn off, Corrigon hears a familiar voice over the comm. "Albatross bravo-zero-zero-one, Captain Tanaka. You have a ten minute window. You are clear for launch. Happy hunting." The steady white light over the open bay doors turns green. The planet's dark side looms in the distance.


He looks at the co-pilot seat at Rosseyn.
"On your order," Corrigon awaits permission to launch, tapping the stick, ready to go.

Rosseyn takes one last look at his control panel, making sure everything is in order. Once he's certain, he says "Take us out."
Pilot: Small Military Spacecraft - 3d100:
58, 92, 5
/95%

Cairo wrote:"Nova. Barring objection, I am going to switch from EBA to flight suit if we are planning on deploying in the Power Armors."

"I hardly think PA will be necessary for cataloging ruins. But just in case we run into trouble, it wouldn't hurt. Hell, maybe there'll be something heavy that needs picking up. Suit up, Fang."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33/40%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8; 1d100 = 71
Conditions: Healing Factor & Invulnerability.

Halko wrote:Keeping his eyes on the passive sensors and out the window, Halko calls back to Helbrect, "Don't be nervous. These guys will get us down in one piece. Well, Ego just joined the squad and we've never seen him fly before, but if he falters Fang will get us back in line." He chuckles a bit, "But the way you tell it, as long as we hit atmo, you should be able to survive a crash." He chuckles again, a bit louder, "As a matter of fact, so will I."

Halko lets the quiet sit for a moment, then asks Helbrect over his shoulder, "So why'd you go Chaplain? No offense but you don't seems the type. Plus with your powers you would have done well in Fleet Infantry, like me."


Simone looks to Halko. "Oh I'm not worried, as long as I'm moving fast enough towards a celestial body with a breathable atmosphere I should be fine, at least I think I will. Plus this isn't my first trip down in a dropship, hell not even my second. Though it is much nicer than either I've been on." Simone says with a laugh in her voice.

When Halko asks his second question Simone thinks for a moment. "Other than my civilian schooling making me very well suited for the job. It was the one most likely not to see combat. I mean I'm not afraid of getting into a fight, i would just rather not." Simone says again with a laugh in her voice.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:35 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD
Perception [59%]: Original post: 1d100 = 5 [+15% in Space =74%]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 49


Rosseyn wrote:"I hardly think PA will be necessary for cataloging ruins. But just in case we run into trouble, it wouldn't hurt. Hell, maybe there'll be something heavy that needs picking up. Suit up, Fang."


Cairo laughs heartily as he's changing, "Last time we weren't supposed to have 40,000 pounds worth of angry toothy Reptile. Better to have a PA available to tap something on the nose from 1000ft out hehehe ... Did they happen to give us anything more than Nav-Coordinates before lift-off? When they say ruins, are we talking about a ruined stone temple? ... an old Atorian outpost? Ship graveyard? Maybe a craft beer facility?" When he's in a flight suit, CJ steps onto a Force Disc and glides back over to his turret station, "Back at station Backlash."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:14 am

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1215
Local Time: Night, appx. 2200
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side)

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.

In Transit
The flight from the Stiletto's launch bay to the planet's surface is uneventful. Niall & Ryden's precautions seemingly succeed without a hitch. Halko & Cairo get in some simulated target practice, but the transit from launch bay to atmo is so brief that Simone has no chance to get in on the simulated exercise. The Stiletto practically dropped the Grifter on top of the planet's atmosphere, so the intrastellar travel is minimal, and the bulk of the flight consists of Corrigon carefully navigating the Grifter down through the thick cloud cover over wrapping the temperate zone of the world's nighttime side. In short order, Corrigon has brought the Grifter over the landing coordinates and his making his final descent. The LZ is an open meadow at the foot of a hillside covered in dense tropical forest which generally covers the surrounding area as well. There is a single beacon light situated in the clearing to aid in navigation, beside which rests the thousand foot length of a Liberty class transport, the A.D.F.S. Deliverance. It's cargo bay doors are sealed shut and all systems must be down as there are no lights or emissions radiating from it.

Landing
A tight-beam communication from the Stiletto comes across Ryden's console as Corrigon sets the Grifter down gentle as a feather a couple hundred feet from the Deliverance.
    Valkyries were to report contact/status within an hour of our arrival in-system. They have not done so. Gods Speed. CPT Tanaka
A pair of marines in heavy armor patrol the area between the Deliverance and the nearby hillside walking on either side of a small, hovering platform upon which is a mounted weapon. In the distance, at the foot of the hillside, a couple dim chem-lights break the monotony of darkness and cast a multitude of shadows into the depths of the inky night.

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:47 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 18 (SUCCESS)

JIC 1d20 = 5
1d100 = 58

Upon seeing the Deliverance at the LZ, Niall is slightly reassured. We're not the only Arismal on the planet. As Corrigon touches the Grifter down on solid ground, Niall unclips from his restraints and Checks the passive sensor array one last time before he begins readying himself for their excursion.

Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 91% 1d100 = 80 (Any sign of comms from the Valkyries? - SUCCESS)

"Second trip to a planet's always less nervewracking. At least we already know we can breathe the air here, and that the natives find us edible."

Niall packs his bio-med scanner, procured on Grymdin, into a belt pouch with his datapad. He looks at his various field chemistry equipment, tent, and other survival gear, and decides against bringing it.

"There's a tent here if you think we'll need it... but it's not dinosaur-proof or anything. Safer to sleep on the albatross." Maybe for excursions like this we can refit a cargo pod as a forward station. Weld some bunks and shelves into it... some cargo clips, and strap in a bunch of gear, and you have a portable FOB. Hell, we can probably install a tripod mount for a weapon and a sensor package as well. He smirks to himself. Dream big, Niall.

Making final adjustments to his gear, Niall musters by the docking ramp. He shakes a little tension out of his hands at his side, and waits for everyone else to be prepared to deboard. He steadies his breathing, making sure to take long deep breaths, in an attempt to further calm his nerves.

Once everyone's present, Niall opens the cargo ramp and makes his way down the gentle slope to the planet's surface. "Eyes on a swivel folks. Remember that we're delicious." Turning to Simone, he adds. "Local flora's a threat as well. Steer clear of vines, in particular."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:20 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 38 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 19
JiC D100: 1d100 = 99

Once the Grifter is safely on the ground, Cairo rises, grabs the Galactic Assault Rifle and his Backpack and heads down to the cargo hold to gear up. He will strap the rifle and backpack into storage on the Hellhound then suits up. In the Hellhound, CJ boots up and runs a precautionary diagnostic to confirm all of his settings are in place [firelinking (joint tri-lasers, and tri-lasers coupled to railguns), internal temp, etc.], triggers and resets the retractable Vibroblade systems through several test cycles, and sets their landing spot as a home point on his 3-D Analysis/Mapping. Once he has confirmed all systems are operating, CJ summons up a Force Disc that hovers about 2-inches off the ground and glides over to the boarding iris, *Last time Halko got dragged on by a vine, probably because of vibrations or something through the ground. So CJ's going the slightly higher road ... Maybe keeping 6 inches up will nix the issue as we look through these ruins ... come onnnn Brewery hehehe.*

When Nova arrives, Cairo waves, "You setting an Anchor here on the ship? Any contact with the Deliverance? Or from anyone else?"

Pilot: Robots & Power Armor (All) 127%: 1d100 = 84
Navigation 125%: 1d100 = 72
Read Sensory Equipment 95%: 1d100 = 85
Wilderness Survival 70%: 1d100 = 94
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:09 am

Perception 83%/1d100 = 51
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 93
Laser Communication 73%/1d100 = 6 PASS!
Military Etiquette 88%/1d100 = 5 - to ask for access to any scans the ship makes of their environs as well as offer their own sensor data for the ship as well. Critical Success!
Pilot Power Armor 63%/1d100 = 18 PASS!
Read Sensory Equipment 73%/1d100 = 40 PASS!
Computer Programming 113%/1d100 = 76 - Integrate incoming reports into our local Comm net. PASS!
Intelligence 69%/1d100 = 40 - Weather and Activity Reports show anything hinky? PASS!

Augur wrote:Valkyries were to report contact/status within an hour of our arrival in-system. They have not done so. Gods Speed. CPT Tanaka[/list]

"Nova, be advised, the Valkyries have not checked in like they should have by now. No other information on that front. Captain sends best of luck to us. Any reply?" Ryden secures his station, backs up the ship's logs and loads them on his suit, and sends an updated entry code and the answer to the challenge to each member of the team. He then secures his gear and mounts into the Duskhound. He neither asks permission or stops what he is doing for anything less than direct orders. Once mounted and ensuring everything is operating at peak efficiency. He hooks his satellite link into the Stiletto (as long as its within 300 miles, even in dense forest, as per the tactical interdiction pack). He sends any reply Nova wants to send and then uploads the ship's logs to his personal data account on the Stiletto. He then makes an automated request for any sensor data for their AO and offers up a feed of their own sensors for the ship in real time while they are in the AO. He also pulls the latest weather and activity reports that he can get his hands on.

Once he has everyone linked in, and feeds from all visors, sensors, and HUDs, he sends "Brainiac Ready." so that it scrolls on their visors and HUDs.

OOC Comments
[quote="Augur"]Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:39 am

As the Stiletto is operating under EMCON condition alpha, the only information it's able to provide via link is a still image of the overhead blanket of clouds with a text accompaniment that reads:
EMCON alpha. Previous geological surveys indicate swamp to the north, and dense forest covering intermittent swamps & rolling hills for the surrounding 100 miles+.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:41 am

Perception 38% 1d100 = 10
JIC 1d100 = 32 1d20 = 9

Corrigon brings the ship down through the atmosphere and down towards the base camp.

A beautiful untouched planet, well mostly judging by the fact there are ruins and I doubt the dinosaurs made those. he looked through the main screen and sighs
It could be a place that we could have colonised, but for the dinosaurs and being too close to ... Corrigon sighs again, keeping grief down inside. He takes a second just to tap just below his neck where the locket is for reassurance before he takes the ship down for a soft landing.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived at our destination. Please keep seatbelts on until the vessel has totally come to a stop. Corrigon activates the comm system, "As promised, we have arrived without detection. Please watch out for being eaten."

He turns to his co-pilot and commanding officer
"Orders sir?" he asks, "if you don't need me to take the ship anywhere, I'd like to change into some body armour. Currently, I am a bit too appetising to the flora and fauna for my liking." and the sooner I'm not, the better.
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:09 am

(rolls held)

Ryden can't help but chuckle. Hilarious, he thinks staying is even an option. "What Ego, think we'd leave you out? No more ship sitting for you! If we get eaten, so do you, so steady on that gun, eh?" he stops short of ordering him to get changed, but he does make it clear he is expected to anyway. "Aim for the fleshiest bits. Its like shooting power armor, you don't go for dead center mass unless you have a rail gun or a ship class weapon. That's probably why I went for power armor training first chance I got. You'd probably be a natural at it. Plus walking around with rail guns on your wrists is fun and fashionable, right Fang? In general, listen to Fang on power armor - he is the professional in that regard, much like you in the cockpit. Besides, as powerful as he has gotten in basic armor, I can't wait to see how he tears it up in power armor."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33/40%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 56
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.

Simone grabs her bag from the seat next to her and puts on her back. Simone seems unphased by the landing or even the concept of alien worlds, actually to any looking at her would likely think the opposite, she seems happy or even ecstatic. With a bounce in her step, Simone disembarks from the Grifter and puts boots on the ground. Simone looks about the area around her and looks to the A.D.F.S. Deliverance and smirks. Man am I glad I'm not stuck on the Opportunity any more... I could possibly be safe and sound and not on any crazy adventures. Simone thinks while sighing.

Simone looks to Rosseyn and see's what the boss man has to say.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:26 pm

Percep: 64% =1d100 = 34
JIC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 62

Sensory Equipment 75%=1d100 = 52
Weapon Systems 85%=1d100 = 48

Fang wrote:"...Backlash, you have control of all turrets for now."


Halko clicks his comms, "Roger, roger. Taking control of all turrets."

Simone wrote:"Other than my civilian schooling making me very well suited for the job. It was the one most likely not to see combat. I mean I'm not afraid of getting into a fight, I would just rather not."


Clicking off his comm mic, Halko replies to Simone but keeps his eyes on his turret controls, "Well, that's a nice theory, but in this squad its unlikely to happen." He chuckles a bit, recalling just how much combat they've seen in the last forty days.

Fang wrote:"Back at station Backlash."


This time Halko just shouts his response to Cairo, "You got it boss, turrets confirmed at prior configuration."

Halko doesn't sweat the ride down. Last time was way worse and if things go bad and the ship get toasted, I wonder if I could just keep exploding until someone finds me? Maybe the energy conversion or whatever it is will keep me from decomp exposure?

When the ship land this train of thought vanishes as Halko shuts down his turret and makes his way to the airlock. along the pat he grabs his duffle bag and slings it over a shoulder then pats his War Dog as he leaves it where its strapped in place, "We'll save you for back up. Besides, too many big girls at the party might ruin these ruins." He quirks an eyebrow at his turn of phrase, then shrugs and exits the ship with STAR in hand. hehe, have Zed pop up and try to get ahold of me. I'll detonate in his face.

Halko steps up next to Helbrect, still kind of chuckling at the thought of exploding next to Zed, and asks, "Do we have a location on these ruins?"
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:55 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD
Cairo wrote:Perception [59%]: Original post: 1d100 = 38 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 19
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 99


Ryden wrote: ... "Aim for the fleshiest bits. Its like shooting power armor, you don't go for dead center mass unless you have a rail gun or a ship class weapon. That's probably why I went for power armor training first chance I got. You'd probably be a natural at it. Plus walking around with rail guns on your wrists is fun and fashionable, right Fang? In general, listen to Fang on power armor - he is the professional in that regard, much like you in the cockpit. Besides, as powerful as he has gotten in basic armor, I can't wait to see how he tears it up in power armor."


From within the Hellhound, Cairo grins wryly, "Oh sure. The wearable railgun is one of those statement pieces that pulls together almost any outfit. The Powered Armor though is the ideal platform for balance and employment of the dual-railgun. Whether with nickel, or depleted uranium slugs, if it's worth Killing, it's probably worth Overkilling. The Power Armor's capability to amplify a skilled pilot's reflexes and capabilities. As much as flying a gunship is a fun team-sport, this is like a Shrike. It's a bit more, personal."

If/when the door opens to depart CJ (barring other orders) floats out into the night air and over to the patrolling Marines, "Hey. Xanreys of the First SOG. I guess you guys are scheduled to lift off soon. Any recent Contact? Atorian, Reptilian, or other?" After, whatever answer CJ also asks, "You guys have inertial mapping on the area and a direction on some ruins?" before thanking them.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 35/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 6

In Transit:
Rosseyn does what little work there is to do in the co-pilot's seat when someone like Corrigon is behind the controls. While they make their exit from the Stiletto and through the cloud cover of Chandrakant II, Rosseyn takes a moment to think about home. Mother can burn for how she treated me, but I do miss my old man. He never truly got to make the long days at work up to me, but he tried. He tried and it killed him. I killed him. "We've got a little bit of time. Tell me about yourself, Ego. What was life like for you before the big day?" Rosseyn sits and listens in an attempt to better understand his new pilot. And to get his mind off of his own tragedy.

Landing:
Corrigon wrote:"Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived at our destination. Please keep seatbelts on until the vessel has totally come to a stop. Corrigon activates the comm system, "As promised, we have arrived without detection. Please watch out for being eaten."

"Nice flight, Ego. Even without the danger, I can tell you've got the stuff."
Once a secure landing has been executed, Rosseyn will suit up in his Standard Armor and sling his rifle over his shoulder.
Corrigon wrote:"Orders sir?" he asks, "if you don't need me to take the ship anywhere, I'd like to change into some body armour. Currently, I am a bit too appetising to the flora and fauna for my liking." and the sooner I'm not, the better.

"Get suited up and ready for the mission. We will be entering these ruins ASAP."
Niall wrote:"Second trip to a planet's always less nervewracking. At least we already know we can breathe the air here, and that the natives find us edible."

"Well, we brought some of the toughest cuts for them to chew on, Crash."
Niall wrote:"There's a tent here if you think we'll need it... but it's not dinosaur-proof or anything. Safer to sleep on the albatross."

"Not planning on sleeping on the job, are you soldier?"
Cairo wrote:When Nova arrives, Cairo waves, "You setting an Anchor here on the ship? Any contact with the Deliverance? Or from anyone else?"

"I suppose an anchor would be handy for when that dinosaur tries to eat you again and we have to go back to get a camera." Rosseyn sets an anchor point in the middle of the lower deck of the Grifter. "No contact with the Deliverance yet. Was gonna do that the old fashioned way."
Ryden wrote:"Nova, be advised, the Valkyries have not checked in like they should have by now. No other information on that front. Captain sends best of luck to us. Any reply?"

Damnit. Just as we land. "Let her know that we are continuing on to the ruins but will be shortening our time there in order to assist the 3rd SOG. Thank you, Brainiac."
Halko wrote:"Do we have a location on these ruins?"

"Location marked by the 2nd SOG. Let's check in with the Deliverance and see how things are going in this crazy jungle of a planet."

Exiting the ship, he heads toward the marines near the Deliverance. "Lieutenant Commander Ridatharen. Who's in charge here?"
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

\

Postby Corrigon » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:55 am

rolls carried

Rosseyn wrote:"We've got a little bit of time. Tell me about yourself, Ego. What was life like for you before the big day?" Rosseyn sits and listens in an attempt to better understand his new pilot. And to get his mind off of his own tragedy.


"Trying to avoid life as a lawyer in the military," Ego shrugs as he flies the Albatross towards the planet, "My parents were lawyers, big time ones and Tier Onesies. Same with my brother and sister, who were senior execs at a corporation. Between them, they held quite a bit of influence. He drums his fingers on the control stick, thinking back to not so distant past.

"When I enlisted, obviously I wasn't going to be assigned to a creme de la creme posting, not when you are a Tier 3, let alone one without any obvious abilities. At one point, I fancied becoming a doctor, but that wasn't a starter and a field medic ... I don't know, it just didn't have the same appeal. So I wanted to become a pilot, first line of defense and one that my intelligence wasn't going to unduly influence."

He looks out into deep space for a moment, contemplating what they had lost.

"My parents, like most of our families, friends ... frak almost everyone we knew, gone in the instant. My brother and sister, and their respective partners were assigned on as part of an expedition to facilitate trade with new trading partners in other systems. Just because we weren't part of the FAR, didn't mean we shouldn't trade with them. Not like we could go back to pretending we were alone in the universe.

[b]"Still, my training was primary as a pilot, though I was to transfer to the Attorney Task group afterwards; then everything else happened. Everything caught us so offguard, I was lucky to get back to the Dauntless on the transport I was on.


By the time I was brought up to speed, the Profit Motive came back and after you guys went initially in, a few of us were assigned from across the fleet to help bring them in line with the rest of the fleet.

And my singular part in fighting the coup, which led me to reassigned eventually to the Dauntless and then here."
Corrigon breezes right through that last part, hoping you won't ask him about it.

Rosseyn wrote:"Nice flight, Ego. Even without the danger, I can tell you've got the stuff."


"Thank you si..." Corrigon cuts himself off quickly, "sorry, got to get out of that habit. Try not to draw attention to you."


Ryden wrote:"What Ego, think we'd leave you out? No more ship sitting for you! If we get eaten, so do you, so steady on that gun, eh?" he stops short of ordering him to get changed, but he does make it clear he is expected to anyway. "Aim for the fleshiest bits. Its like shooting power armor, you don't go for dead center mass unless you have a rail gun or a ship class weapon. That's probably why I went for power armor training first chance I got. You'd probably be a natural at it. Plus walking around with rail guns on your wrists is fun and fashionable, right Fang? In general, listen to Fang on power armor - he is the professional in that regard, much like you in the cockpit. Besides, as powerful as he has gotten in basic armor, I can't wait to see how he tears it up in power armor."


"Didn't think that in the slightest Corrigon raises an eyebrow, "just making sure I wasn't being left on the ship. Aim for the sensors, weapons, weak spots. If it can't walk, then it can't chase you down. I haven't the firepower to take one down, but do have enough to make it very inconvenient and awkward for anybody with one."

Rosseyn wrote:"Get suited up and ready for the mission. We will be entering these ruins ASAP."


Corrigon nods and goes to grab his gear; he suits up as quickly as possible, as he straps both pistol holsters to his legs and hefts up his rifle. He preferred to use his brain, but when needed, he can do some damage.
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:10 am

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1215
Local Time: Night, appx. 2215
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side)

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.

Planetside
Niall musters by the docking ramp in his full kit. Once everyone's present, Niall opens the cargo ramp and makes his way down the gentle slope to the planet's surface. "Eyes on a swivel folks. Remember that we're delicious." Turning to Simone, he adds. "Local flora's a threat as well. Steer clear of vines, in particular."

Cairo and Rosseyn exchange logistical ideas, and then Halko steps up next to Simone, still kind of chuckling at the thought of exploding next to Zed, and asks, "Do we have a location on these ruins?" No sooner do the words escape his mouth than he catches sight of the chem-lights at the foot of the hillside about a half-mile distant. Cairo exchanges humorous asides with Ryden as they all emerge from the Grifter's boarding iris.

The pair of Marines and the 1st SOG approach each other. Rosseyn pipes up. "Lieutenant Commander Ridatharen. Who's in charge here?"

One of the marines replies, "Sir, lieutenant commander Misra's in charge of the Deliverance. She's presently on board with her subordinate. The 2nd SOG is coordinating the squads planetside, so I guess that makes lieutenant Aadedai the on-scene leader. Coming down to get some, too, or to investigate the ruins?"

Cairo chimes in as well. "Hey. Xanreys of the First SOG. I guess you guys are scheduled to lift off soon. Any recent Contact? Atorian, Reptilian, or other? You guys have inertial mapping on the area and a direction on some ruins?"

The other marine looks puzzled at Cairo for a moment then shrugs and points at the chem-lights at the foot of the hillside about a half-mile distant. "Ruins are over there, sir."

Making their way across the night-dark meadow to the foot of the hillside is as simple as walking. The ground underfoot isn't level or manicured, so deep footfalls and water-logged soil alternatively set them off-balance or threaten to suck a leg knee-deep into the mud. There's no shortage of animal life either. On a number of occasions they disturb ground nesting animals and avians which take immediate flight at their approach, but at no point do they encounter any large predators. Approaching the location of the chem-lights, they notice there's a set of stairs leading down to a large stone door which blocks further investigation. The stairwell is flooded as it descends towards the door, and strange markings can be seen upon the door itself:

Image

Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:33 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 22 (SUCCESS)

JIC 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 26

Nova wrote:"Not planning on sleeping on the job, are you soldier?"


Niall smiles. "On this planet? Unlikely."

Niall stands at ease as Nova confers with the Marines, and then walks with the team to the ruin entrance.

"Flooded... and door is shut. Did the 2nd actually enter?"

Niall steps down into the water to examine the door. "Interesting marking. Could be a runic letter... or it could be a planet with a moon, or the 1st planet out from the sun, or a symbol for Hydrogen. He sighs. "Simone? Got anything on this?"

He examines the door to see if there are any mechanical components, and how they might operate.

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 100% 1d100 = 2 (Crit Success!)

If so, he attempts to open the door using it's normal mechanics. If such are indistinguishable from his examination, he attempts a variety of techniques including: press the stone; press the large and small dots in various sequences; attempt to move the small dot around the large dot; attempt to pull the stone; using a small reflective surface to reflect moonlight onto the symbol.

If these don't work, he asks everyone to get out of the water. "Everyone out of the water, and get WAY back. Gonna try something - but remember the oxygen in the atmo is rich here, so give me plenty of space." He'll splash a little water on the symbol, then give it a small zap with his electricity expulsion power from a good way back. Water is hydrogen plus oxygen. Electricity'll split the molecular bonds, leaving hydrogen gas and oxygen gas. Maybe hydrogen on the symbol is the trigger.

If none of these attempts are successful, Niall will more carefully examine the area around the door.

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 100% 1d100 = 69 (SUCCESS)

If there is no distinguishable method for opening the door, Niall will turn to Nova.

"Nova, I got nothing on this. I'd say blow the thing, but I don't want to destabilize the structure. I can attempt to disintegrate a narrow passage through the door if you like."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:10 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 15 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: 1d100 = 61

CJ floats along on his Disc about 1ft off the ground as the team squelches and slogs the half mile [North?] to the entrance of the target Ruins. He actively scans their surroundings looking for signs of prior exploration (tracks from the 2nd SOG, or Atorians, anything noteworthy), and periodically cycles his vision to the Infrared (for any significant heat signatures), Radio-wave, and Magnetic spectrums.

Damn I am glad not to be slogging through the mud at almost 900lbs ... Even with the Wardog's built in strength capabilities, hells I would rather fly it than march it. This Force Disc is a frakking Godssend.

Wilderness Survival 70%: 1d100 = 47
Navigation 125%: 1d100 = 97

Arriving at the Ruins' entrance, CJ silently rotates his Force Disc to orient himself to see if he can spot the Grifter from here and figure out whether there is a direct line of sight to get back and if, from the Grifter, one could actually see this entrance (i.e. are we on the far side of a hill?). The PA Pilot will eyeball and visually scan the door and surrounding (hill?) cycling his vision to the Infrared spectrum (is the door hot?), Radio-waves (any signals coming off it, or in the area?), Magnetic fields (anything abnormal?), and Gamma Rays (any radiation leaking outta here?). Pointing at the Symbol a clearly joking CJ asks, "Hey Brainiac, that wouldn't happen to be the Universal-Liloquan-Quadrant symbol for Bar would it?"

Image

Cairo will advise of anything that's visually distinctive, but otherwise stay out of Crash's way, standing back as directed when warned.
Last edited by Cairo on Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:18 pm

Perception 38% 1d100 = 48
JIC 1d100 = 36 1d20 = 3

As he changes into his armour, he taps his locket before he slides the chest piece on.
"May the Gods watch over us," he whispers to himelf.

As they head out, Corrigon takes up the rear of the party, keeping watch.

As Niall and Simone examine the book, he wonders if this was too obvious perhaps.

"Has anybody done a scan of this thing yet?" Corrigon asks nonchalantly, as he keeps watch,

OOC Comments
Detect Ambush 52%+5% 1d100 = 15
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:26 am

Perception: 1d100 = 68/40%
Just in Case: 1d100 = 28; 1d20 = 16
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor

Archeology 1d100 = 1/45% Pass
Astronomy 1d100 = 95/40% Fail
Lore: Alien 1d100 = 94/45% Fail
Art 1d100 = 47/40% Fail


Simone keeps up with the group easily as they make the trip to the ruins, even though she likely could have made the trip several times in the speed they moved at. When presented with her first view of the ruins she sighs contentedly. This is the stuff. Simone thinks before getting to work actually identifying what she needs to know.

Simone walks near the door and sits half submerged on the steps, examining the door. "Yeah, I wouldn't use explosives unless absolutely necessary, and given that the ruins are half to fully submerged, the consequences could prove disastrous." Simone says to no one in particular, but in response to using explosives and disintegrations.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:26 am

Perception: 1d100 = 14/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 44

Augur wrote:One of the marines replies, "Sir, lieutenant commander Misra's in charge of the Deliverance. She's presently on board with her subordinate. The 2nd SOG is coordinating the squads planetside, so I guess that makes lieutenant Aadedai the on-scene leader. Coming down to get some, too, or to investigate the ruins?"


"We're here strictly for the ruins. On a tight timeline as well. Turns out the 3rd SOG might be needing our assistance in system as well. We'll be heading straight in, tell Lieutenant Commander Misra we've arrived."

Nova leads the 1st SOG across the meadow toward the chem-lights. Upon arrival and seeing the flooded stairwell and stone door, Nova ponders the situation while listening to the suggestions of the squad.
Niall wrote:"Flooded... and door is shut. Did the 2nd actually enter?"

"No one entered. Chaplains told them to leave it alone. And that's why we're here."
Nova watches as Niall makes his way through potential techniques for opening the door. Would be too easy if that was a button. "Be careful with those volts, Crash. Don't want to roast the new girl too badly on her first mission."

"Fang, can you do a scan and see if there's any energy flowing to this door? Something we can trace to a source?"
OOC Comments
I know that's what you're already doing, but Nova doesn't. :lol:


IF Crash gets the door open:
"Good work. Let's move in." Nova leads the walk in, taking a careful look around at the first views inside the ruins. Before taking a step, he activates his Body Force Field (200 SDC) to ward off any unfriendly welcomes.

IF nothing Crash does gets the door open:
Niall wrote:"Nova, I got nothing on this. I'd say blow the thing, but I don't want to destabilize the structure. I can attempt to disintegrate a narrow passage through the door if you like."

Simone Helbrect wrote:"Yeah, I wouldn't use explosives unless absolutely necessary, and given that the ruins are half to fully submerged, the consequences could prove disastrous."

"Brainiac, I could use some ideas right about now. Crash, if you make a small, non-destabilizing passage through, I can get myself in and see if there's something internally to open the passageway up. I only need an inch or so."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:35 am

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1220
Local Time: Night, appx. 2220
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side)

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.

Niall examines the door to see if there are any mechanical components, and how they might operate (crit success). Noting how the stone door appears to almost seamlessly recess into the wall, he conjectures that the door slides into the recess upon the lock being properly opened. The gears in his mind turn and he considers the mechanisms that must be at play here. The door must be on some sort of track. There must be a mechanism for pulling the door open. Given the weight of the door and the seemingly primitive technology, there's likely a series of counterweights and gears for transmitting the energy...all held in check by a single lock of some sort. The lock, however, appears to totally confound him.

Simone takes in the details of the entrance to the ruins (crit success). While most of the markings appear to be truly alien, there's an odd similarity between some of the symbols and those within the Texts of Cojo to make her exceedingly curious. The markings on the door, in particular, catch her eye, and as Niall goes through a series of motions her mind wanders back to her formal studies of the texts. She'd originally read them in their most current translation, but coming upon phrases that seemed ambiguous or unusual, she'd often gone back to previous translations, and even to the original sources--the dead ur-language from which the contemporary Arismal language had developed. It takes her some moments filled with the sounds of the 1st SOG's impatience and Niall's efforts, before she comes to a startling revelation: The symbols of Iblis (the [trickster god] lesser brother of Atlas) and Setis (god of death) are present on the doors into the shrine. The former as a directive, the latter as a warning...and the relationship of the two gods appears to be inset into the door as an entry restriction, like a palm or optical scanner prevents & grants access to a secure space on a ship.

Cairo scans through the EM spectrum, lingering in each general band long enough to look for a pattern, while observing the structure & entry of the ruins. He nearly skips past the gamma ray band as it rarely has anything of import (no technology uses such), when, in between the gamma and cosmic ray bands, his visual field is overwhelmed by what appears to be static and he has to quickly move past it. The surge causes his head to hurt, and he feels a bit nauseous. Whatever the frak that was, it was a powerful emission between the cosmic ray and gamma ray bands...something he's never seen before.

Corrigon watches the surrounding environment, keenly aware of how ridiculous this all seems: a strategic operations group armed to the teeth with the most cutting edge equipment totally confounded by an ancient stone door. And of what use beyond satisfying some intellectual's curiosity was this place anyway? The Deliverance is within sight of the ruins and their position and the starship's presence only seems to magnify the ridiculousness of the contrast.

Seeing Niall's various tricks accomplish nothing, and Ryden being strangely uncommunicative, Rosseyn adds, "Brainiac, I could use some ideas right about now. Crash, if you make a small, non-destabilizing passage through, I can get myself in and see if there's something internally to open the passageway up. I only need an inch or so."

Ryden is being uncommunicative for a reason: while the others are busy standing around and looking inept, he's receiving a transmission on the A.D.F. military distress frequency.

    "Marine squad 032 under...hostiles. Attem...jam our...iting our position...questing back-up!"

A data burst piggybacks on the transmission which gives their coordinates.

What are your intentions?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:26 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 97

JIC 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 45

Niall studies the door for some time, muttering. "Door on a track, slides into the recess. Heavy door, needs counterweights, gears... all moved by some kind of lock." Lock releases counterweights, door slides open. But what lock?

Niall will examine the doors and the area around them for any moving pieces, in an effort to figure out the mechanics of the lock - if possible.

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 100% 1d100 = 27 (SUCCESS)
Research ☞ 111% 1d100 = 51 (SUCCESS)
Mechanical Engineer ☞ 81% 1d100 = 85 (FAIL)

If Simone shares her findings about the symbology, Niall is taken aback. "These are ARISMAL sigils? How is that possible?"

He examines the symbols.

Iblis... trickster. Setis, Death. A trick will get you in, beware of death? Or a Trick ON death will get you in? A trick on death? What is a trick on...

Niall looks at his hands.

Niall's memory wrote:It had all been in fun, a fast hovercar ride with two supermodels - probably more interested in my money than me, as usual. Then... cold. Wet. Pain. Mud everywhere. Coming to my sense... I felt the weight pressing the wrong way down on me - I was upside-down, under the hovercar, in the mud. Hard to breathe. I wrenched myself around, and my hands found the sidewall of the hovercar, so I pulled, and my lungs found air.

Then I heard the moaning. I slogged through the mud, I found Arkella first. Covered in mud. Bleeding. I fell to my knees next to her, my hands glowing with energy. I directed my mind to concentrate my energy, and somehow, her wounds stitched themselves together before my eyes. I'd done this before, but never on this scale. Her injuries were life-threatening.

I pushed up and looked around. Sarrilya was nowhere to be found... I staggered back to the hovercar, and shoved my arms down into the muck as far as I could, searching, feeling around for her. My fingertips brushed something warm. I dove in up to my neck and couldn't reach it. I hyperventilated, and shoved my face and head into the mud, into the hovercar, searching.

My hand grasped her arm, and I pulled with all my might. First my head came free, and I sucked in air once more. Then, her arm, shoulders... head. Arrilya was unconscious, bleeding heavily, not breathing. I channelled my powers into her once more, knitting her wounds. She began to cough up mud. I cleared her mouth and breathed into her, filling her lungs with my breath. She coughed, breathing once more.

I was spent - I'd never felt my powers, my strength so drained before. Healing their injuries took every iota of my inner reserve. How was I going to get them out of this bracken? I raised one hand to the sky, and summoned what little strength I had left... my hand glowed.

Surely, they'll find us, I thought. No one dies today.


Not a trick on death. Cheating death. Healing.

"Huh."

It can't be that... can it?

Niall will slice open his palms using a knife, then place the palms on each of the symbols. He then uses his Power touch to heal himself, while touching the symbols.

(- whatever P.T.P. are appropriate)

if anyone asks what he's doing, he says "Probably nothing. Playing a hunch."

If Simone doesn't share the info, Niall will stand back a moment.

Nova wrote:"Crash, if you make a small, non-destabilizing passage through, I can get myself in and see if there's something internally to open the passageway up. I only need an inch or so."


Niall nods. "Will do." Nill will start at the bottom of the door, and use his Power Touch to disintegrate a narrow hole through the door. (-1 P.T.P. per S.D.C.; Destroy by touch)

If Nova orders a return to the Marines position, Niall will abandon his attempts on the door and follow the 1st into action. I'll have to tackle this afterwards.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:30 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 92 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 18
JiC D100: 1d100 = 55

Rosseyn wrote:"Fang, can you do a scan and see if there's any energy flowing to this door? Something we can trace to a source?"


Cairo yawns within his Hellhound, "Door's giving off something … kind if a weird mix of gamma, and I guess cosmic rays? Never seen that before."

He remains on guard as Crash (and Simone?) appear to be working on getting the door open, *If they need something lifted, I suppose they will give a holler.*

If Brainiac shares the information about the distress call, he thinks to himself, Slogging 1/2 a mile through the mud to this entrance was 15 minutes. If I can get over there with my guns in under a minute, but frakking marching the whole team that distance might put our arrival just in time to collect the bodies. We would be better served sending 2 fast folks who can be quiet. Me and maybe Miss-I'm-fast-as-a-hovercycle ... But this is her forte here. I wish I could carry Halko.

CJ then keys his radio, "Nova? You want to Energy-Up and we can go act as cavalry? No weight capacity to Disc everyone ... The door's probably a bit more Crash and Brainiac's specialty. Or I can handle."

Navigation 125%: 1d100 = 79 -- calculate distance to get to coordinates provided (since we did not hear anything, likely some distance)


CJ will then (if approved), launch himself [100 Mph] with a short force-disc flight back to the coordinates provided by the Marines, *Frakkin-A, what the hell is attacking that Marines are calling in support?*


Read Sensory Equipment 120% (linked): 1d100 = 21 -- check Radar for anything new
Last edited by Cairo on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:47 am

Perception 38% 1d100 = 38
JIC 1d100 = 72 1d20 = 7

Nothing happening here at the moment he muses as he looks around the area. Preferably he would be out in space, investigating that behemoth of a ship. There is some intellectual curiosity, but that was all it was at the moment. If Simone mentions the proto-Arismel text, that grabs his attention.
Arismel all the way out here. These may be ruins, but that could mean that there are other colonies, offshoots of the Arismel out there. Damn, that might be a vain hope, but damn it was hope none the less

Augur wrote:"Marine squad 032 under...hostiles. Attem...jam our...iting our position...questing back-up!" A data burst piggybacks on the transmission which gives their coordinates.


Frak Corrigon swears internally, trouble and marines needing help.

"Do we respond?" he looks at Rosseyn, as he hefts up his rifle, showing his readiness to move out and assist. "If they are being jammed, that doesn't sound like the local fauna, but something technologically adept, possibly Atorian considering the ship in the system."



If ordered to move out

Corrigon plots a route to the co-ordinates and runs as best he can in the armour through the terrain, keeping in behind Halko and Cairo who had more experience of what was out there.


OOC Comments
Navigation 77% 1d100 = 6
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:07 am

Percep: 64% =1d100 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 80

Land Navigation 74%=1d100 = 89
Prowl: 70%=1d100 = 89

When they come up on the door to the ruins Halko snorts as he sees the flooded entryway and comments, "I guess its possible for it to be dry inside. If its sealed up well. Could be this part filled up just because its exposed." He gives a shrug and moves to the rear of the party, positioning himself opposite Corrigon to keep watch as the others with more education and mechanical skill move in to decode the riddle of the ruin's entry door.

If informed of the marines in trouble, Halko looks over to Nova and says, "Could be Zed causing problems again?"

If they move to assist, Halko marches at a quick pace with the others until they near the coordinates, clicks on his comms as he slows to sneak into the combat area, "Should we move in at full force or split and edge in to get the lay of the land?"
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:04 pm

Perception: 86%/1d100 = 95
JIC: 1d20 = 7, 1d100 = 62

Ryden's mind quickly works through a battle strategy. "Bossman, suggest dropping a portal point here, and the power armor and you all responding in force. Leave our infantry elements here to continue efforts and prepare for a welcome in case we and the 032 retreat via portal. They may jam their suits, they won't jam me. And even if they do, I'll give them a taste of their own medicine. Our infantry here are close enough to the ship to literally yell for backup, and they can triage and evac any we send through. Other than the Second, I doubt anyone has the quick response we do."

Conditions: Analytical Mind: A well-structured and ordered mind, the character's brain is able to process huge amounts of data quickly, figure out what's most important and logical, and likely conclusions and potential trouble areas/problems. In addition, the character is able to calculate numbers like a computer, performing complex calculations all in his head. Furthermore, the character can see the big picture, anticipate trouble and already have a plan in place to avoid the trouble or fix a problem.
Q: Where is the Second SOG supposed to be?
Q: Are they closer than us?
Q: Can we evac the 032 without placing the ships in danger?
Q: Were the 032 on the Status of Forces briefing we got? What was their mission and area of operation? Were

Supporting Skill Rolls:
Intelligence 69%/1d100 = 47
Detect Ambush 63%/1d100 = 97
Laser Communication 73%/1d100 = 2
Military: Electronic Warfare 83%/1d100 = 65|||78%/1d100 = 52
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 15/40%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 40
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.

Astronomy 1d100 = 17/40% Pass (To see if the astronomy depicted is correct.)
Pick Lock 1d100 = 10/45% Pass (To manipulate the locking mechanism.)


Augur wrote:Simone takes in the details of the entrance to the ruins (crit success). While most of the markings appear to be truly alien, there's an odd similarity between some of the symbols and those within the Texts of Cojo to make her exceedingly curious. The markings on the door, in particular, catch her eye, and as Niall goes through a series of motions her mind wanders back to her formal studies of the texts. She'd originally read them in their most current translation, but coming upon phrases that seemed ambiguous or unusual, she'd often gone back to previous translations, and even to the original sources--the dead ur-language from which the contemporary Arismal language had developed. It takes her some moments filled with the sounds of the 1st SOG's impatience and Niall's efforts, before she comes to a startling revelation: The symbols of Iblis (the [trickster god] lesser brother of Atlas) and Setis (god of death) are present on the doors into the shrine. The former as a directive, the latter as a warning...and the relationship of the two gods appears to be inset into the door as an entry restriction, like a palm or optical scanner prevents & grants access to a secure space on a ship.


Simone moves farther down the steps, oblivious to the water, and sits to get a good view of the mechanism. "So the Trickster and Death... what are you doing so far from home? Have you not forgiven your brother Setis... I'm sure if I was you I'd still be mad too." Simone says as she looks at the "lock". Simone gets up from her wet seat and gets close enough to touch the door's reliefs trying to manipulate anything to make it open.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:34 am

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1225
Local Time: Night, appx. 2225
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (night side)

Mission Directives: A.D.F. assets must maintain as much of a clandestine presence in-system as possible as the enormous Atorian ship is known to be active. While on the planet's surface, standard extraction protocols are in effect. If needed, the 1st SOG is to assist in the extraction of any units within operational distance. All units are scheduled to extract from the planet's surface and be on the Profit Motive by 1200 (Day 56) so as to prevent the imperial ship from detecting them. Failure to extract by this time will strand all units on the planet's surface for another 48 hours. The 1st SOG is to investigate the ruins and lend assistance to other assets in-system as they deem fit and according to their own priority assessment.

Niall & Simone
Simone moves farther down the steps and sits on the flooded steps to get a good view of the mechanism. "So the Trickster and Death... what are you doing so far from home? Have you not forgiven your brother Setis... I'm sure if I was you I'd still be mad too." Simone gets up from her wet seat and gets close enough to touch the door's reliefs trying to manipulate anything to make it open. Nothing happens.

Niall almost visibly recoils. "These are ARISMAL sigils? How is that possible?" He examines the symbols then slices open his palms using a knife. He then place his palms on each of the symbols, and uses his Power touch to heal himself while touching the symbols. A loud rumbling sound seems to fill the air. Dust and small rocks rain down all around the entrance as the massively heavy doors begin to grind open. Niall creeps forward a skosh and peeks inside as the door opens.

Image

Cairo, Corrigon, Halko, Rosseyn & Ryden
"Marine squad 032 under...hostiles. Attem...jam our...iting our position...questing back-up!" A data burst piggybacks on the transmission which gives their coordinates.

Cairo yawns inside his suit, "Door's giving off something. Kind of a weird mix of gamma and, I guess, cosmic rays? Never seen that before." He then keys his radio, "Nova? You want to energy-up and we can go act as cavalry? No weight capacity to disc everyone. The door's probably a bit more Crash and Brainiac's specialty, or I can handle."

Corrigon looks to Rosseyn. "Do we respond?" He hefts up his rifle, showing his readiness to move out and assist. "If they are being jammed, that doesn't sound like the local fauna, but something technologically adept, possibly Atorian considering the ship in the system."

Halko looks over to Nova and asks, "Could it be Zed causing problems again?"

Ryden's quickly pipes up. "Bossman, suggest dropping a portal point here, and the power armor and you all responding in force. Leave our infantry elements here to continue efforts and prepare for a welcome in case we and the 032 retreat via portal. They may jam their suits, they won't jam me. And even if they do, I'll give them a taste of their own medicine. Our infantry here are close enough to the ship to literally yell for backup, and they can triage and evac any we send through. Other than the Second, I doubt anyone has the quick response we do."

Ryden's analytical mind assesses the situation. The marine squad must be one of the "squads of personnel" mentioned during the briefing; not so consequential as to merit specific mention. Their mission was broad in narrow in objectives, but open-ended in execution: hunt and gather foodstuffs from the planet without being detected. The 2nd SOG is out hunting, but they were the ones who discovered the ruins, so presumably they're nearer to the marines in distress than other units on the planet, but their exact whereabouts in this vast wilderness are unknown, so it's an uncertain roll of the dice if they're even within communications range let alone closer than the 1st SOG. On a positive note, without any overt sign that the Atorian ship has detected the presence of Arismal ground forces, it's entirely possible to evacuate the marines to the Deliverance LZ at least without stepping out from the planet's shadow. Getting the marines back to the rest of the supply fleet was another matter entirely, and nowhere near as certain.

Nova, meanwhile, is seemingly lost in thought as his gaze drifts from those talking to him, back to the opening door, and back to the face of another person speaking to him.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:12 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 77 (FAIL)

JIC 1d20 = 1 (Nat. 1!)
1d100 = 62

Niall watches in astonishment as the doors grind open, revealing the vast space beyond. He holds up his hand, allowing it to glow slightly, as he peers inside.

That's... a pretty advanced piece of tech. To be able to detect the usage of a specific Arismal ability in order to trigger a device... which has stayed functional despite what looks like eons of erosion and exposure to elements... if it's actually technology at all.

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 100% 1d100 = 31 (is this even possible given the age of the structure and the technology of Arismal at the time? - SUCCESS)
Electrical Engineer ☞ 91% 1d100 = 59 (SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 91% 1d100 = 54 (a stretch, but ARE there sensory devices to detect specific powers that Niall knows of? Perhaps the Arismal have such - SUCCESS)

Niall thinks back to his time on Grymdin, and the discussions of Magic they had there. I laughed at Fang... I called it magic beans. But... What if it isn't... what if it's not hokum. What if it's real?

"Simone? How long do you suppose this has been here? I doubt anyone's opened it in a long time." They'd have had to have the specific ability to heal that I have. Almost like it was... waiting for me...

Niall shakes his head. This is preposterous. Maybe magic exists somewhere, maybe it doesn't. But Arismal magic? Fairy tales. Still... why would peple who can manifest power such as we can ever feel the need to invent magic?

Vaguely aware of something going on up the stairs, Niall feels drawn instead to the ruin below.

"Doubt there's anything alive in here, except bugs and fungus. Probably no one's set foot in here in... ages."

He takes a hesitant step inside, using his glowing hand to cast enough light to see by, but not enough to blind.

"If this is Arismal construction... Arismal technology... does that square with what we know? It seems far, far too old to have been put here by Arismal just since we gained interstellar travel, don't you think?"

Niall finds himself led inside by sheer curiosity, his characteristic reluctance to put himself in harm's way dulled by the keen desire to know this place.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:25 pm

Perception [59%]: 1d100 = 40 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 4
JiC D100: 1d100 = 88

Conditions: Merged to Hellhound PA, on Force Disc.

As the door to the Ruins, apparently bearing ancient Arismal symbols, rumbles open CJ's patience with Nova is beginning to fray, "Nova?? Focus man. There are folks out there under fire. Brainiac? You have a location you can share on those Marines? Can you figure out the sourcing on the jamming?" When coordinates are provided, CJ will immediately begin calculations on distance.

Navigation 125%: 1d100 = 1 - Route and Distance to the Marines.

"Ok, I can get there silently with my flight Disc ... it's near midnight so Nova's Energy-Form's going to be like a beacon. Barring other orders, I am heading over now, and maybe Brainiac should tote Nova after he sets an anchor? I'll you sit-rep shortly. I assume Brainiac can act as comms hub once he gets there, if he even needs to get within the area." Cairo holds for about 3 heartbeats before he accelerates off into the darkness [200 mph (OOC: yes, faster than the Wardog can fly)] trying to outrace a pit forming in his stomach. Gnawing at him is the knowledge that 3 weeks ago he couldn't have gone either as quickly or as silently as the Force Disc takes him but now he was aggravated by limits in its weight capacity and not being able to ship more of the squad, The Brushhead bitches use all sorts of personal Anti-Grav devices. I will have to be on the lookout for a few of those. Chances are we could reverse engineer or just integrate them. Once the Armor's weight is cancelled or dropped, I could handle moving folks without giving up the Hellhound's firepower.

*** If Brainiac fails/is unable to provide the Marines' coordinates, Cairo shakes his head in frustration, "Fine, I am going back to the Marines at the LZ. Hopefully they have a direction that the Squad was deployed. Gets us a starting direction. Standard ADF armor has 12 mile radio range, so they should be inside that. I will radio with whatever update I can get."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:00 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 27/40%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8; 1d100 = 72
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.

Archaeology 1d100 = 98/45% Fail
Art 1d100 = 17/40% Pass
Lore: Alien 1d100 = 78/45% Fail

Simone watches the door open with barely concealed glee. Taking her time, Simone slowly makes her way into the ruin, heading straight forward. "Hmmm... Who built you? Not Arismals, but worshipers of our gods. Curiouser and Curiouser." Simone says to no one, more muttering to herself. Simone keeps a eye on the walls and pillars examining any art/reliefs.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:36 am

Perception: 1d100 = 70/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 48

Rosseyn shakes the cobwebs off of his mind. "Sorry, needed a second. You're all right." Nova marks the entrance of the ruins as a gateway for himself and switches himself over to his energy form. "Helbrecht, Ego, Crash. You three move in to the ruins and stay in contact. Everyone else, stand ready. Fang and I go in, I open a gateway to the conflict as soon as it gets hot. Brainiac, confirm coordinates for support?" Once Brainiac has given the coordinates to Fang and Nova, he'll head out toward them.

On the way there, he flies low to the ground in an attempt to remain somewhat hidden. Within 100 yards of the coordinates, Nova puts up his body field and switches back to his flesh form. "Head on a swivel, Fang."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:20 am

perception 38% 1d100 = 12
JIC 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 49

Rosseyn wrote:"Helbrecht, Ego, Crash. You three move in to the ruins and stay in contact.


Corrigon opens his mouth to say something, but opts not to, erring on the side of not arguing with orders, especially when about to go into combat. He would rather be joining the others in combat, but there was some intellectual curiosity with the ruins.
Thankfully, under the helmet, it is not obvious

"Yes Sir," he responds, moving to protect the scientist and chaplain, keeping a close watch on the surrounding area.

"How do you want to proceed?" he asks Ryden, who as the only officer remaining, was in charge technically, "If Helbrecht here is mostly invulnerable to harm, then is it best for her to go first?" Corrigon's voice doesn't sound like he is being cowardly, more calmly analysing the situation.

"Otherwise, I'll go first, but keep a close eye out and we move very slowly. With an elaborate lock like this, I would imagine that there will be further security measures inside."

Though it is hidden underneath his armour, he taps the area around his chest where his locket is for luck and reassurance
"May the Gods protect us," especially if this place is somehow related to one of your wayward sons.

He squats down to get a better look inside, using his natural nightvision to see up to 600' depending on the terrain inside.

"Any suggestions?" he glances at Helbrecht

OOC Comments
Detect Ambush 52% 1d100 = 43
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:44 pm

Percep: 64% =1d100 = 36
JIC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 71

With orders given, Halko stays put with Ryden as Nova and Fang rush off to the coordinates given. Same old same old. hurry up and wait. Halko shifts over some to keep eyes on the three unfortunate people that have to wade into the flooded ruins. All that water, its a good thing they have suits on. Not much can hurt me, but I ain't looking to drown as we look for nothing in particular.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol


Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:54 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception [59%]: Original post: 1d100 = 40 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 4
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 88


Conditions: Merged to Hellhound PA, on Force Disc.

CJ grits his teeth from within the Wardog at the 'plan' disregarding his concerns about Nova in glowing energy-frakking-spotlight-form trying to fly in a night sky as subtle, Sure, shut it off from a short distance out. No one will have noticed. Oh and it definitely doesn't give a heading for whatever might spot you to know which direction reinforcements are coming from. Just ignore CJ because apparently being fearless is a reason not to think things through. But hey, at least he's not frozen up any more.

The PA pilot does not argue his points any further, and instead silently and deftly launches into the air to fly a bit (~10ft) above the treetops leaving nothing but wind in his wake.

Pilot: Robots & Power Armor (All) 147%[L]: 1d100 = 88 - on the fly systems check
Read Sensory Equipment -- 120%[L]: 1d100 = 49 -check for any radar signatures or radar or radio signals (ADF or other)
Intelligence 53%: 1d100 = 13 -- Tactical evaluation of Plan and any enemies they run across

As they approach the Marines' last known position, CJ clicks his weapons-array to alpha-strike configuration (2 railguns & 2 heavy lasers), "Mmmhmmm" he acknowledges.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Next

Return to HU2 Galactic: Annals of the Sixth Atorian Expansion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests