Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

In the distant reaches of the Milky Way Galaxy, a race teeters on the brink of extinction as it is pursued by the relentless Atorian Empire. [Adventure forum.]

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:01 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 40 (FAIL)
JIC 1d20 = 19
1d100 = 50

Ego wrote:"What intel do we have on the ship? And what do we have onboard? Do we have an entry ring to burn the way through the hull? We have an external docking collar, so we can attach to the outside of the ship. Depending on the composite of the hull, we can probably burn our way through the outer hull, but that may set off internal sensors. If there are airlocks for EVA, then I can land on one of those and Ryden can hack his way inside. The only ways I see us gaining access to a hanger is if we are either captured by the ship or we are granted access. Anyway, did the 3rd SOG get onboard?"


Niall flips through the previous readings on the Atorian ship.

"The ship was largely shut down, very faint EM emissions. But it's huge - 19 miles or so in length. Five launch bays, one dorsal docking collar, two portside docking collars, and hull integrity stable. The 3rd was supposed to board and capture the vessel, but obviously we don't have any idea how that's going. They didn't report at the scheduled time."

Fang wrote:"Crash, was the Brushhead ship in stationary orbit with the Planet, or with the Moon? Did we get any kind of readings on the comparative distances and trajectories that would allow use of the moon as a screen for part of the approach?"


"It's in a geostationary orbit with the planet, if I recall correctly, though that could change. We also know there's been some shuttle activity from the big ship, because we ran into some brushheads on the surface last time we were here. I think the thing we thought was a moon is that Atorian vessel."

Niall takes new passive sensor readings of the Atorian vessel to compare to the previous readings.

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 100% 1d100 = 62 (SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 91% 1d100 = 86 (Did the EM signature change - SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 91% 1d100 = 1 (Did the ship's profile change, i.e., did it deploy any turrets or sensor arrays that were not previously deployed - CRIT. SUCCESS)
Intelligence ☞ 76% 1d100 = 71 (If the profile changed, identify sensor arrays or turrets with weapon types - SUCCESS)

He also passively sweeps any shuttles or escort craft they see.

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 100% 1d100 = 90 (SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 91% 1d100 = 49 (SUCCESS)

Ego wrote:"Brainiac, any word on residual data from that Atorian bot down in the the cargo hold?"


Realizing Brainiac has likely got his hands full at the moment, Niall answers, "I believe he scrubbed the data on that thing, so it couldn't be used to spy on us, and uploaded a wholly-new program suite. We've been loathe to use it for anything thus far, though... because it's Atorian."

As they approach the big ship, Niall quips "Quick, let's all give each other stupid haircuts and weird head tattoos - they won't know we're not them."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:05 pm

Percep: 64%=1d100 = 41
JIC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 34

Weapon Systems 85%=1d100 = 73

Halko keeps his eyes on his weapons scopes. Not knowing the answer to Fang's question about the robot, Halko keeps quiet. But when Crash speaks up about getting stupid haircuts, he sees his reflection in the turret window crack a big grin. Its good he's having some fun. That ship is massive and, well daunting. To continue the levity, Halko shouts back, "As long as you go first Crash." He pauses a second, "Then we'll have to put Helbrect in charge." with our most junior in the lead...Female lead society and all that.

Halko lets out a low laugh, not at the idea of Helbrect in charge, but at the idea of ALL the officers having to play a lowly subordinate. He doesn't do anything to break the light hearted mood. Not yet at least. Wait until we get a little closer to snap these soldiers back into game mode. "We could just paint you green and put you in a loin cloth...like they did on that old show."

What's got me on edge is the fact that we haven't seen much activity out of that monster. Seems to me a ship that big would be swarming with activity.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:35 am

Perception Bonus 41% 1d100 = 15
JIC 1d100 = 35 1d20 = 19

Corrigon inwardly curses as they pick up no sign of the missing patrol. Without being able to use the active sensors, there wasn't much chance of finding them.
We will come back and find you Corrigon swears mentally. He hates leaving them behind and inwardly curses. Cairo doesn't look happy either. Guess we have something in common.

"So what's the plan? Corrigon looks out at the moon sized ship, calculating angles.
That thing is huge. Bet I could fly given half a chance. He glances over at Cairo, bet he will claim the same. What an egomaniac. he thinks wryly to himself with a noted bit of irony. Being a pilot really does breed confidence he muses, no wonder we are clashing. He maintains position as passively as possibly whilst he waits for instructions.
"I can get us over there, but it helps to know where I am actually aiming for.


OOC Comments
Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small 110% 1d100 = 33
If we do actual move towards the ship
critical success on prowl - viewtopic.php?f=885&t=7678&p=1358918#p1358918
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:45 am

Perception: 1d100 = 65/40%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 2
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.

Simone sits quietly in the weapons station, hands folded in her lap as to not accidentally push any buttons. Simone even goes so far as closing her eyes, the situation being very much out of her control. Maybe I should have done differently in my life. Not squandered the powers I have for such illicit uses. Simone thinks morbidly as she waits for either success or failure.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 46/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 7

Terra Firma:
When the report that no A.D.F. were found upon their scan, Rosseyn subconsciously sinks in his seat. What a damned waste. We'll compile data at a later date and strike out at their killers full force. But for now, we assist the 3rd with the capture of the Atorian Ship and hope they're fairing better than our Nightmare 3-2 brothers. Rosseyn sits in his turret seat awaiting an update from the cockpit.

In The Black:
Cairo wrote:"We have a line of sight on the Brushheads' Capitol ship."

Niall wrote:"The ship was largely shut down, very faint EM emissions. But it's huge - 19 miles or so in length. Five launch bays, one dorsal docking collar, two portside docking collars, and hull integrity stable. The 3rd was supposed to board and capture the vessel, but obviously we don't have any idea how that's going. They didn't report at the scheduled time."

"Any visual on the 3rd's ship on any of those docking collars?"
Corrigon wrote:"So what's the plan? I can get us over there, but it helps to know where I am actually aiming for.

"Ego's got a point. Where's our access point?"
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:36 pm

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception [67%]: Original post: 1d100 = 49 [+15% in Space]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 18
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 87


Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1275/1450

==~==~==

Cairo nods to himself at Crash's recap and frowns a bit at Nova's inquiry about where to set down, "Land in a shadow on the far side, with a short walk to an airlock to hack. Prevents them from just finding our ship. With your gateways, the ship's hold is always literally one step away. Crash, is our self-destruct system removable? Could be a nice remote distraction."

With a jaundiced eye, the PA Pilot examines the hull of the Atorian craft looking for weapons and sensor placements, *What are you packing you bloated bitchbox? ... Missile batteries? Turret weapons? ... Is there anywhere we can set down that would minimize firing arcs at us and potentially give us cover behind something they themselves would not want to lose? ... After all, some of these parts are still going to be a challenge to replace.*

Intelligence [57%]: EP Success

If he spots a useful landing site that falls within his desired parameters and Nova still has not pulled the trigger to make a decision, Cairo will point the Ego there to land.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:37 am

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1531
Local Time: Night, appx. 0131
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (day side), 50 miles out from I.S.S. ?

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

As a side-bar discussion about the robot in the cargo hold echos throughout the craft, Cairo merges to the Grifter and checks passive readings. They're a hundred miles from the Atorian vessel and closing rapidly. They're not on a collision course, but they'll come pretty close. Assuming the ship's active and manned, it likely has motion detection systems just like the Grifter does. If the ship hasn't already detected them, they soon will. Other than the A.D.F. ships Cairo knows are on the night side of the planet (though the Grifter's sensors don't detect them for the same reason the Atorian ship doesn't), the huge, looming presence of the Atorian ship is the only spacecraft passively detectable in-system. Cairo hollers back at the crew of the Grifter from the co-pilot station, knowing better than to risk use of any unnecessary electronics during a stealth approach. "We have a line of sight on the brush-heads' capitol ship."

Rosseyn yells from his turret station over Halko's humorous suggestion to Niall, "Any visual on the third's ship on any of those docking collars?"

Niall gets the same results as Cairo regarding passive detection of other ships in-system, and compares current readings of the Atorian vessel to their previous readings. The ship's physical profile is unchanged, and its various EM emissions remain relatively static, but Niall is pretty sure he frakked up somehow. He's seeing absolutely no visual indicators of weapons of any sort. Niall provides a quick overview of the readings. "The ship was largely shut down, very faint EM emissions. But it's huge: 19 miles or so in length. Five launch bays, one dorsal docking collar, two port side docking collars, and hull integrity stable. The third was supposed to board and capture the vessel, but obviously we don't have any idea how that's going. They didn't report at the scheduled time."

Ryden pipes up at a normal tone. "Crash, we've only seen one side of that vessel. Assuming the Atorians don't make lopsided ships, you can likely double the number of launch bays presently visible. And I've seen so sign of any significant debris that would indicate the third's ship was destroyed, and all those docking collars are empty."

Corrigon shouts like everyone else. "So what's the plan? I can get us over there, but it helps to know where I am actually aiming for."

Rosseyn hollers yet again. "Ego's got a point. Where's our access point?"

Cairo hollers out his answer. "Land in a shadow on the far side, with a short walk to an airlock to hack. Prevents them from just finding our ship. With your gateways, the ship's hold is always literally one step away. Crash, is our self-destruct system removable? Could be a nice remote distraction."

Ryden pipes up yet again. "I'm reading EM spikes around the perimeter of that rotating aft section."

Simone looks up from the hands folded in her lap and sees the same thing as Corrigon when his eyes drift to that section. A series light blue, shimmering rectangles seem to pop into existence along the section that looks like a spoked wheel.

What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Cairo
    -175 personal S.D.C.
Rosseyn
    -840 Force Field used
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4922
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:22 pm

Perception Bonus 41% 1d100 = 15
JIC 1d100 = 28 1d20 = 14

Cairo wrote:"Land in a shadow on the far side, with a short walk to an airlock to hack. Prevents them from just finding our ship. With your gateways, the ship's hold is always literally one step away. Crash, is our self-destruct system removable? Could be a nice remote distraction."


Corrigon gives Cairo a thumbs up.

"If we keep energy emissions as low as possible, we might be able to pretend to be space debris as we float past. Though generally self-destruct systems aren't removable, we might be able to remove the explosive element and jury-rig some form of detonator. Unless some of you technical experts can no doubt do better than that." He keeps his eyes on the Atorian ship just in case there is any sign of activity he has to react to. Nothing had happened so far since they had found it, but he wasn't going to be caught napping if an entire squadron of fighters suddenly launched.

"This will no doubt be the point Ryden will state he can do with his eyes closed and arm behind his back, whilst hopping on one foot singing soprano the entire time." He says quietly, but loudly enough for Cairo to hear, with a little mirth in his voice.

Augur wrote:Ryden pipes up yet again. "I'm reading EM spikes around the perimeter of that rotating aft section."

Simone looks up from the hands folded in her lap and sees the same thing as Corrigon when his eyes drift to that section. A series light blue, shimmering rectangles seem to pop into existence along the section that looks like a spoked wheel.


"What the frak is that?" Corrigon exclaims, leaping into action, checking the passive sensors, as he prepares to activate the main engines, "we have some shimmering light blue rectangles on the rotating section. Looks like she just woke up. Does anybody recognise this?

OOC Comments
Read Sensory Equipment 77% 1d100 = 7 what can we detect?
Weapon Systems 87% 1d100 = 86 is the energy a weapon system?
Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small 110% 1d100 = 51 bring the main engines on line/up to full power if needed
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:30 pm

OOC: Confirmed w Augur in Hangouts that the large guns on the ship in the picture are not there.

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 37
JiC D20: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: 1d100 = 83

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1275/1450

==~==~==
The trip from the atmosphere to this point has been smooth, almost aggravatingly so, and CJ begrudgingly recognizes Ego as a competent, maybe even a very good Pilot, *Not quite in my class but for a green-flier who has never seen combat? He's skilled, either has loads of natural talent or he has been burning out seats in the simulators running through until he is textbook on every contingency. Almost a shame really. I kind of wanted to hate him, might not mind him as a wingman well, if he is a decent shot ... I wonder if we can drop a Bio-E Amplifier into this thing that can be tuned for defensive projections only instead of blaster type stuff ... like if we were able to put a shadow-cloak on this whole ship, it could augment our stealth capabilities. Or Backlash could hook in and we could become a near-invulnerable assault cruiser ... not like a bunch of fighters are going to pull out swords to attack us.*

Cairo's eyes remain peeled on approach for any sign of detection nods but he lowers his voice to ask within the cockpit, "Brainiac, what do we have on Service-Files for the 3rd SOG? Their power-distribution may give us a hint where they would land ... Any of them have something that would allow for mapping the area, y'know the mental-mapping power? Cloaking or illusions? All I know right now is they're easier on the eyes than you sorry lot."

Whatever response is received, he clears his throat to speak up a bit, "We are 100 miles out. We are on course for a tight fly-by unless we stop-short. That Behemoth will have motion detection systems, unless our ECM and stealth systems spoof them we are likely to be detected, soon."

Corrigon wrote:"If we keep energy emissions as low as possible, we might be able to pretend to be space debris as we float past. Though generally self-destruct systems aren't removable, we might be able to remove the explosive element and jury-rig some form of detonator. Unless some of you technical experts can no doubt do better than that."


CJ shrugs within his shadowy visage, "Could be, I haven't installed a self-destruct and am not sure how its explosive components are distributed throughout, or hell if it's just a subroutine they put in for fusion core overload, but I figure Crash will know. Just trying to plan ahead in case we need the distraction."

Corrigon wrote:"This will no doubt be the point Ryden will state he can do with his eyes closed and arm behind his back, whilst hopping on one foot singing soprano the entire time." He says quietly, but loudly enough for Cairo to hear, with a little mirth in his voice.


CJ grunts in agreement responding just as quietly, "Sounds about right."

Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small [116+20=136% (linked): 1d100 = 68] (assist as needed if Ego seems about to frak up)
Prowl [80%]: EP Success IF NEEDED (assist with stealth approach)
Read Sensory Equipment [100+25=125% (linked): 1d100 = 10] (local traffic, locate 3rd SOG ship(?))

JIC Rolls
Initiative [+7]: 1d20+7 = 24
Dodge [+18]: 1d20+18 = 37, 1d20+18 = 22
OOC Comments
AUGG Pg 217-218, There are essentially 3 distance-levels of sensor range 1) outer edge - 50% of range, 2) 50% range to visual/100miles, 3) 100 miles. "If the prowling spaceship successfully moves undetected, then it will remain invisible unless 1) the prowling spacecraft opens fire, 2) the prowling ship switches to active sensors, 3) the prowling vehicle moves closer [from 1 distance-level to another] to the detecting craft, or 4) it suddenly engages a light-speed propulsion system" and "Whenever a prowling vessel crosses one of these thresholds, it must roll again to keep prowling, otherwise it will become open to detection." Based on this, once we are inside the 100mile range we should not need to make continuous rolls.
With the stealth-coating on the Albatross [AUGG Pg 177], there is +20 Prowl for the Sneaking-Pilot, or -25% to the Detecting other-side.


Corrigon wrote:"What the frak is that?" Corrigon exclaims, leaping into action, checking the passive sensors, as he prepares to activate the main engines, "we have some shimmering light blue rectangles on the rotating section. Looks like she just woke up. Does anybody recognize this?


"Not sure, might be pinpoint shields? Hopefully not more damn Magic."

Weapon Systems [110%]: 1d100 = 57 - ID Blue Panels[?]
Lore: Alien [85%]: 1d100 = 74 - Has he heard of anything like the blue fields?
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:37 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 38
JIC 1d20 = 18
1d100 = 22

Ryden wrote:"Crash, we've only seen one side of that vessel. Assuming the Atorians don't make lopsided ships, you can likely double the number of launch bays presently visible. And I've seen no sign of any significant debris that would indicate the third's ship was destroyed, and all those docking collars are empty."


Niall nods. "I'd bet even money that the 3rd SOG's ship is on the far side of the brushhead ship, then."

Ego wrote:"So what's the plan? I can get us over there, but it helps to know where I am actually aiming for."


"I'd say swing around to the shady side of the street."

Fang wrote:"Land in a shadow on the far side, with a short walk to an airlock to hack. Prevents them from just finding our ship. With your gateways, the ship's hold is always literally one step away. Crash, is our self-destruct system removable? Could be a nice remote distraction."


Niall chuckles. "I've never been suicidal enough to find out. I'm not an EOD tech. But typically speaking, moving active explosive systems is considered a Bad Idea."

Niall thinks, but does not say aloud, ...So I won't be doing that.

Ryden wrote:"I'm reading EM spikes around the perimeter of that rotating aft section."


Niall's eyes boggle. "Frak! That can't be good. Do they have eyes on us?" Niall looks at his readings again to try to determine what has just activated - are those sensors, shields, weapons, engines, or a communications array?

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 100% 1d100 = 64 (SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 91% 1d100 = 2 (CRIT. SUCCESS)
Intelligence ☞ 76% 1d100 = 78 (FAIL)
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:43 pm

Perception: 83%/1d100 = 70
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 81

Ryden pipes up yet again. "I'm reading EM spikes around the perimeter of that rotating aft section." With that he begins trying to determine their next obvious question - are they hosed. He decides that brevity will serve him better than chatter, so he keeps up the say little act.

Corrigon wrote:"What the frak is that?" Corrigon exclaims, leaping into action, checking the passive sensors, as he prepares to activate the main engines, "we have some shimmering light blue rectangles on the rotating section. Looks like she just woke up. Does anybody recognise this?

Niall wrote:"Frak! That can't be good. Do they have eyes on us?"

"I think those are launch bay force fields - used instead of or to supplement launch bay doors. They are pretty static and about where we saw launch bays. I think Fang is right - they see an object moving and are about to come deal with it. Short of ejecting something and using ejecting it as a means of propulsion, we'll need some magic of our own to redirect them. We have minutes, at best. Ideas?"

Skill Rolls
Skill rolls to figure out the fields and any other behavior of the ship - Likely only one of these will count, but if multiple help, please and thank you for any additional information
Read Sensory Equipment 73%/1d100 = 37 - to get an idea of what the ship's behavior means - Success!
Weapon Engineer 38%/1d100 = 33 - to get an idea of what the ship's behavior means - Success!
Pilot Military Spacecraft: Medium 89%/1d100 = 66 - to get an idea of what the ship's behavior means, figuring they have more in common with capital ships than small craft do - Success!
Electrical Engineer 73%/1d100 = 53 - to get an idea of what the ship's behavior means - Success!
Detect Ambush 63%/1d100 = 41 - to get an idea of what the ship's behavior means - Success!
Intelligence 69%/1d100 = 64 - to get an idea of what the ship's behavior means - Success!
Radio: Basic 118%/1d100 = 86 - to get an idea of what the ship's behavior means - Success!
Lore: Alien 73%/1d100 = 2 - to get an idea of what the ship's behavior means - Critical Success!
Laser Communication 73%/1d100 = 14 - to get an idea of what the ship's behavior means - Success!
Military: Electronic Warfare 83%/1d100 = 51 - To see if we've been seen - Success!
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 86/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 44

Corrigon wrote:"What the frak is that? we have some shimmering light blue rectangles on the rotating section. Looks like she just woke up. Does anybody recognise this?

Cairo wrote:"Not sure, might be pinpoint shields? Hopefully not more damn Magic."

Niall wrote:"Frak! That can't be good. Do they have eyes on us?"

Ryden wrote:"I think those are launch bay force fields - used instead of or to supplement launch bay doors. They are pretty static and about where we saw launch bays. I think Fang is right - they see an object moving and are about to come deal with it. Short of ejecting something and using ejecting it as a means of propulsion, we'll need some magic of our own to redirect them. We have minutes, at best. Ideas?"

Shit. Yelling across the ship to avoid using the comms, Rosseyn reminds the crew of who they are. "Everyone keep your heads, we've got this. Brainiac, what can you do with passive electronics to mask our presence? I want eyes on those blue fields. If anything comes out, I want to know what it is ASAP. Fang and Ego, if whatever comes out of there gets too close, get us out of dodge. We're going to back up the 3rd and we're going to make sure we all get out of here alive."

Rosseyn maintains his position at the turret, systems currently on silent but ready to activate at a moment's notice.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:49 am

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: Original post: 1d100 = 37
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 83


Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1275/1450

==~==~==

Ryden wrote: "I think those are launch bay force fields - used instead of or to supplement launch bay doors. They are pretty static and about where we saw launch bays. I think Fang is right - they see an object moving and are about to come deal with it. Short of ejecting something and using ejecting it as a means of propulsion, we'll need some magic of our own to redirect them. We have minutes, at best. Ideas?"


*Actually I was saying we have been pretty careful and should not yet be on their scans. Ejecting something as propulsion? Does he think we're flying without propulsion here*

Rosseyn wrote:Rosseyn reminds the crew of who they are. "Everyone keep your heads, we've got this. Brainiac, what can you do with passive electronics to mask our presence? I want eyes on those blue fields. If anything comes out, I want to know what it is ASAP. Fang and Ego, if whatever comes out of there gets too close, get us out of dodge. We're going to back up the 3rd and we're going to make sure we all get out of here alive."


*That, seems like a recipe for fragging disaster*, Cairo looks over at Ego, "Maybe aim to put as much of an angle as you can on us and still see the fields. Given our relative scale, from this far out, we shouldn't be easily visible, but better to minimize our profile while still keeping LOS on the fields."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 91/40%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 20; 1d100 = 10
Conditions: Healing Factor & Invulnerability.

Simone listens to the group talk, her knowledge of what to do limited to the extreme. "So if we are going to EVA, do we have a spare suit, mine isn't environmental at all. And though I'm sure I can survive a few minutes with out one, I'd rather not try my luck." Simone asks calmly.

Simone looks back down to her lap again. Man I have no dog in this fight right now.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:06 pm

Percep: 64%=1d100 = 43
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 57

Weapon Systems 85%=1d100 = 99

Halko prepares to fire up the active scanners on his turret, but holds off for now as he waits to see just what is happening with the giant Atorian ship.

As he waits to be attacked or orders to do something else, Halko makes sure his suit is sealed up and mutters over the ships comm, "Why don't we just go on the drift? If we're aimed at them, can't we just cut power and coast on in with thrusters?" He shrugs to himself with his more or less rhetorical question.

If those are force fields over hanger bay or launch tubes, we're about to be fraked.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:19 pm

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: Original post: 1d100 = 37
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 83


Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1275/1450

==~==~==

Simone Helbrect wrote:Simone listens to the group talk, her knowledge of what to do limited to the extreme. "So if we are going to EVA, do we have a spare suit, mine isn't environmental at all. And though I'm sure I can survive a few minutes with out one, I'd rather not try my luck." Simone asks calmly.


With a laugh Cairo calls back, "You can hit my locker Chaplain. I'll try not to picture the transition too graphically."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:42 am

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1532
Local Time: Night, appx. 0132
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (day side), 50 miles out from I.S.S. Vikelter

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

Grifter Stations
  • Pilot's Station: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot's Station: Cairo
  • EWO Station: Ryden
  • Crew Chief Station: Niall
  • (L1) Lima One Port Forward Turret (Lasers): Halko
  • (L2) Lima TwoPort Aft Turret (Lasers): Simone
  • (R1) Romeo One: Starboard Forward Turret (Rail Guns): Rosseyn
  • (R2) Romeo TwoStarboard Aft Turret (Rail Guns):


The Grifter is moving in an orbital pattern at a rate faster than that of the planet's rotation towards the big ship which is in a geostationary orbit. The trajectory of the Grifter will bring them within a couple miles of the big ship--a very near miss. Corrigon's sharp eyes catch sight of the ship's designation (written in the imperial trade tongue) emblazoned along the side of the hull. His mind does some quick translation and he understands the name to read I.S.S. Vikelter. The ship is named after one of the imperial throneworlds. He then spots the lights. "What the frak is that? We have some shimmering light blue rectangles on the rotating section. Looks like she just woke up. Does anybody recognise this?"

Cairo responds, "Not sure, might be pinpoint shields? Hopefully not more damn Magic." Looking at the pale blue rectangles, CJ doesn't know what the frak they might be, but they sure as hell look too large and oddly placed to be weapon systems.

Niall also responds, "Frak! That can't be good. Do they have eyes on us?" A quick read of his board shows the Grifter to be virtually EM-silent. The Grifter ought to appear as nothing more than a large object moving through space if it's even detected. Motion sensors would register its movement if detected, but due to the ship's stealth coating and EM silence, tactical sensor systems would have a hard time finding it as a target.

Ryden replies in cucumber-cool fashion, "I think those are launch bay force fields - used instead of or to supplement launch bay doors. They are pretty static and about where we saw launch bays. I think Fang is right - they see an object moving and are about to come deal with it. Short of ejecting something and using ejecting it as a means of propulsion, we'll need some magic of our own to redirect them. We have minutes, at best. Ideas?" Ryden considers what he'd do if confronted with a large object on a collision course with his ship. Variables: object is hard to detect; ship is massive & so likely slow to maneuver; ship has launch bays; ship has no discernible weapon systems. Ryden comes to the conclusion that he'd likely launch small craft to either grapple & redirect the object, or destroy it. (Intelligence & Pilot Military Spacecraft) As they cross the hundred-miles distance threshold, his instrument panel picks up another new EM signature. It's an EM field that is being projected around the ship from four incredibly strong emitters. Those four emitters appear to be acting in unison, synergistically, to create a sort of field around the entire gargantuan size of the ship. He can't be certain of the nature of that field, but he can guess. The big emitters are projecting the same type of EM that are occuring around the aft launch bays, but presumably on a different frequency given the difference in scale.

Rosseyn pipes up. "Everyone keep your heads, we've got this. Brainiac, what can you do with passive electronics to mask our presence? I want eyes on those blue fields. If anything comes out, I want to know what it is ASAP. Fang and Ego, if whatever comes out of there gets too close, get us out of dodge. We're going to back up the 3rd and we're going to make sure we all get out of here alive."

It occurs to Corrigon (best JIC & Perception combo) that though the Albatross isn't as maneuverable a design as the Shrike, it does still have maneuvering enhancements engineered into its design, chemical rockets that are often used for fine attitude adjustments and minor course corrections during subluminal travel.

Cairo looks over at Ego, "Maybe aim to put as much of an angle as you can on us and still see the fields. Given our relative scale, from this far out, we shouldn't be easily visible, but better to minimize our profile while still keeping LOS on the fields."

Simone hollers from her turret when the opportunity presents itself. "So if we are going to EVA, do we have a spare suit? Mine isn't environmental at all, and though I'm sure I can survive a few minutes without one, I'd rather not try my luck." Looking down the Grifter's nascelle, she sees there's no shortage of gear on hand: a couple non-ADF rifles, a handful of shotguns, another handful of pistols, a submachine gun, a number of large ammo boxes, a quartet of toolkits, a medical backpack, and a survival suit.

Halko pipes up. "Why don't we just go on the drift? If we're aimed at them, can't we just cut power and coast on in with thrusters?" It then occurs to him how unnaturally quiet the Grifter has been since they left atmo and Corrigon put them into an orbital trajectory. Halko then realizes that Corrigon must have cut power since putting them into that trajectory. Still, the maneuvering thrusters seem like a good idea. It's then, as he's looking out the port forward turret at the huge ship they're approaching, that he spots a small impact crater along the side of the ship at amidships and beneath two huge disc-like structures the purpose of which he can't even begin to imagine.

What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Cairo
    -175 personal S.D.C.
Rosseyn
    -840 Force Field used
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4922
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 11/40%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 25
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.

Cairo wrote:"You can hit my locker Chaplain. I'll try not to picture the transition too graphically."


Simone shrugs. "Look all you want I don't rightly care." Simone says with a half grin. Whatever makes the boys happy i guess.

Simone unclips from her seat and moves back to the lockers. "What's the combo Fang?" Simone asks, if/when he gioves the answer, Simone opens the locker and pulls the armor from container. Once the armor is out, Simone closes the locker and begins stripping off her light combat armor. Likely much to Fang's dismay, the undersuit of her current armor is compatable with the armor she's changing into. I wonder why they gave me the non-environmental armor, is it because of my power set? Simone thinks as she slowly and methodically changing into the slightly heavier armor. Once Simone is changed, she stuffs her suit into her locker, before making her way abck to the chair.

"Thanks Fang, this'll make decompression managable." Simoe says with a smile.

Do you want me to add the suit, or do you want to do it Augur?
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:05 am

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 42
JiC D20: 1d20 = 19
JiC D100: 1d100 = 48

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1276/1450

==~==~==

CJ laughs heartily at Simone's response and calls back his code (if applicable), "Unless you are planning on coming up here to change outfits, I'll have to catch a different showing."

Keeping his eyes firmly on the instruments and everything he can perceive through the Grifter he looks for a landing site, *So based on the deafening silence in response to the questions, it sounds like Brainiac has no idea what the frak capabilities the 3rd SOG has, and he never got around to looking through the Atorian bot's programming. Oh good and Mr.-Decisive is itching for a repeat of that ridiculous ambush debacle on the planet. Let's see how can we recreate discarding the cover of a heavy rainstorm at midnight? ... Light yourself up like a spotlight. And how can we ditch the cover of getting in under the radar? Oh oh, lets make sure we hang in a visible location where things coming out of the hangar can be sure to freaking spot us.*

"Fire the chemical maneuvering jets to slow us up. Keep your eyes open for anything coming out of that thing. No external weapons so it's probably built as a carrier-deployer type craft. Usually have destroyer class escorts coupled with a boatload of fighters. I am putting us down on the ventral side, in the shade." He then forms a force disc in front of the Grifter and begins pushing back to assist with slowing down (OOC: won't have near enough power to negate inertia, but it may assist pushing back with 1200lbs and 300mph worth of pressure to assist).

*Technically this is no longer compliant with Nova's orders to watch the stupid launch bays, but those orders look like a disaster. Keep a line of sight on those, they have one on us. We use a hit if their architecture, maybe we can disappear. This way Ego doesn't get lashed for disobedience, I could not give-a-frak right now.*

Intelligence [57%]: EP Success - ID landing site with maximum cover and minimal visibility to any launch bay
Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small [116+20=136% (linked): EP Success - land with minimal engine assist somewhere unobtrusive
Prowl [80%]: Multi-EP Success IF NEEDED (avoid sensor detection and visual detection)

JIC Rolls
Initiative [+7]: 1d20+7 = 19
Dodge [+18]: 1d20+18 = 27, 1d20+18 = 34
Last edited by Cairo on Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:14 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 51 (FAIL)
JIC 1d20 = 11
1d100 = 7

Crash rechecks the passive scans to ensure there are no attendant craft nearby. Those lights are the only activity we've seen from that ship since we were here... what? 3 weeks ago? Aside from finding one small crew of brushheads planetside. Is there no distress signal? what can they even be doing?

Shaking his head, Niall double-checks the passive readings with an eye towards locating small-craft EM signatures - including any tell-tale EM signature that might identify an Arismal craft.

Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 91% 1d100 = 47 (SUCCEED)

If he locates any potential small craft, he feeds the data to the pilot's and EWO stations.

He then begins thinking about post-boarding. Using Arismal strategic standards, he tries to determine if the 3rd SOG would have head toward the bridge, engineering, or another location first.

Intelligence ☞ 76% 1d100 = 86 (FAIL)
Intelligence ☞ 76% 1d100 = 34 (SUCCEED)

It's kind of insane to send a small boarding party onto a ship that size... with the intent of taking it. They couldn't hope to crew it! The best they could do would be to deoperationalize it... what'd they used to say... scuttle it? No... not quite scuttle... but take out the command crew... Gods above, what was their plan here?

"If anyone has any clue how a 6-man unit was hoping to capture a ship of that size, it might help us find them quicker once we're aboard."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:10 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Niall wrote:"If anyone has any clue how a 6-man unit was hoping to capture a ship of that size, it might help us find them quicker once we're aboard."


Without looking back, Cairo shrugs non-committally but kicks off a few options, "Not sure of the 3rd's Powerset options. Could have been any number of plans. They may have had a Skull-Jockey, y'know a Controller, Mechanolink, Multiples ... like cloning ... Tangarat's tail they could be 20 strong with shapchangers and infiltrators."

*Which, now that I think about it, could make shooting First once we get aboard dicey ... I would hate to hurt one of ours.*

"How long until reset on your Fix-it power Crash?" he asks, fairly sure he's not going to like the answer.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:44 pm

(rolls carried)

Cairo wrote:"How long until reset on your Fix-it power Crash?"


"I'm not totally outta juice yet... but it replenishes when I've slept. So let's try not to get too injured if we can." Niall looks at his screen, and the massive Atorian cruiser that populates it, and thinks about how many Atorians might be on board, and then laughs - a mirthless, grim chuckle.

"Big as that ship is, I doubt it's got a B&B on it anywhere where I could get a full night's rest."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:55 pm

Percep: 64%=1d100 = 86
JIC: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 88

Halko listen to the others bat around options as they approach the giant spacecraft. His eyes focusing on the ship through his viewport and he speaks up, "Is it just me or is that an impact crater on the monster's hull. Just there between those two huge disc things? Do you thing that's how the third got in?" He pauses for a moment, "Or could have those, huh, hunters from the planet be making a run at the ship too?"
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:20 am

Perception: 1d100 = 79/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 23

Cairo wrote:"Fire the chemical maneuvering jets to slow us up. Keep your eyes open for anything coming out of that thing. No external weapons so it's probably built as a carrier-deployer type craft. Usually have destroyer class escorts coupled with a boatload of fighters. I am putting us down on the ventral side, in the shade."

Good call, Fang. Good call. "I put you in the co-pilot seat for a reason, Fang. Get us there. Can't see shit from this turret. And if I do see something, it's too late anyway, right?"

Halko wrote:Halko listen to the others bat around options as they approach the giant spacecraft. His eyes focusing on the ship through his viewport and he speaks up, "Is it just me or is that an impact crater on the monster's hull. Just there between those two huge disc things? Do you thing that's how the third got in?" He pauses for a moment, "Or could have those, huh, hunters from the planet be making a run at the ship too?"

"Lemme take a look at it." Nova uses what's at his disposal and aims the sights of the turret to the crater mentioned. If possible, he'll zoom in on it to get a better look at what it might be. When he's done, Nova turns to holler at Ryden. "Any idea how the 3rd might have gotten themselves on board?"
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:47 pm

Perception: 83%/1d100 = 90
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 43

When asked about passively hiding them and jamming, Ryden simply replies, "Already doing that. Using a feather's touch on it though. Less likely to wake up active defenses. Getting out of sight is definitely the best option. We could secure everything and rotate the ship and decompress out the boarding tube to provide a bit of EM free propulsion if needed. We just have to get EVA ready first."

"Once we can land, we will need someplace out of sight to park the ship. We should drop off a ground team led by Nova to secure the an entry, after Nova marks the ship for transport and then put the ship somewhere safe. I'm assuming we're going light on this, so no power armor right?"

Rosseyn wrote:When he's done, Nova turns to holler at Ryden. "Any idea how the 3rd might have gotten themselves on board?"

"Best possible stealth approach that involves an impact would be attaching their ship to a rock and launching it at the ship and detaching as it gets close. Probably why they are so jumpy with the small craft. If they think we're a relatively slow moving rock, they'll just send a workhorse shuttle and some fighter escorts to destroy it or tow it out so it can be destroyed. But you can bet they'll have the firepower to deal with us too."

"Personally that sounds too flashy. My bet is they did some version of what we are attempting."

Niall wrote:"If anyone has any clue how a 6-man unit was hoping to capture a ship of that size, it might help us find them quicker once we're aboard."

"Pretty sure their mission is recon, not actively taking it over. Idea was that an all female crew had a better chance of doing recon than a male crew. Pretty sure you wrote their mission brief in concept, if not totality. But if they were going to take it, it'd be a matter of establishing a cover and then hitting targets of opportunity that matter."

It's then he gets a reading of the larger forcefield. "By the Gods, that is one massive forcefield! New contact: Four emitters just came online. That behemoth has a equally large forcefield around it. Four emitters create one huge field. Locations marked in all HUDs and for the record. Before we can approach we'll need to get past that."

Thinking on his feet, Ryden decides to try and see if he can hack a bypass key. Sometimes you can bypass forcefields if you have a transmitter that matches the key frequency of the force fields, or at least that was one of the theories pressed in one of his advanced Electronic Countermeasures Theory classes back in training and college before that.

Read Sensory Equipment 73%/1d100 = 4 - CRITICAL SUCCESS! Analyze the larger force field with passive sensors, paying close attention to frequencies on the most detailed scale.
Computer Programming 113%/1d100 = 95 - SUCCESS! Construct a model of the forcefield to interact with
Military: Electronic Warfare 78% - Find the key frequency that allows passage through it, if such a thing exists. Then work out how to get the ship past it
    1d100 = 59 - SUCCESS!
    1d100 = 35 - SUCCESS!
Intelligence 69%1d100 = 24 - SUCCESS! Figure out how to get past the forcefield
Electrical Engineer 73%/1d100 = 95 - FAIL to get any insight on how forcefields work
Weapon Engineer 38%/1d100 = 94 - FAIL to get any insight on how forcefields work
Lore: Alien 73%/1d100 = 5 - CRITICAL SUCCESS! Is that how Atorian forcefields work?
Lore: Alien 73%/1d100 = 88 - FAIL Are these kinds of ships actual flagships or colony ships or something else?
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:54 pm

[rolls held]

Halko speaks up again, "We could try entry at the crater. Whatever they've done to seal it up is likely less secure then a typical hatch. Park the ship near that and walk in there. Its possible our opposition at that entry point could just be repair crews. The systems damage in that area would provide some cover too."

He pauses as Ryden speaks up, "Frak, A big ass force field? Any chance we can portal past that?"
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:33 pm

Perception 41% 1d100 = 64
JIC 1d100 = 73 1d20 = 18

Augur wrote:The trajectory of the Grifter will bring them within a couple miles of the big ship--a very near miss. Corrigon's sharp eyes catch sight of the ship's designation (written in the imperial trade tongue) emblazoned along the side of the hull. His mind does some quick translation and he understands the name to read I.S.S. Vikelter. The ship is named after one of the imperial throneworlds.


As Corrigon looks over the huge ship, his eyes suddenly focused and he could see the ship at much closer range than he could before. Then just as suddenly, his vision returned to normal, though he felt a little strange. His head hurt inside his helmet, as if it had been pressing on the sides of his skull. What the frak was that?


Augur wrote:It occurs to Corrigon (best JIC & Perception combo) that though the Albatross isn't as maneuverable a design as the Shrike, it does still have maneuvering enhancements engineered into its design, chemical rockets that are often used for fine attitude adjustments and minor course corrections during subluminal travel.


"Okay, we have thrusters, but if we want to appear like space debris and not become such, we need to limit any obvious and unnatural movements that would show that we are something more than what we want to appear to be."

OOC Comments
how long would another circuit of the planet take?


Halko wrote:Halko listen to the others bat around options as they approach the giant spacecraft. His eyes focusing on the ship through his viewport and he speaks up, "Is it just me or is that an impact crater on the monster's hull. Just there between those two huge disc things? Do you thing that's how the third got in?" He pauses for a moment, "Or could have those, huh, hunters from the planet be making a run at the ship too?"


"There's a cheery thought, Corrigon remarks mirthlessly, "getting caught up in a firefight between Atorians and those things."

Then it dawns on him about the name of the ship before them.

"The ship," his mouth dries up as he speaks, that they might be about to bite off more than they can chew, "its called the I.S.S. Vikelter. The ship is named after one of the imperial throneworlds according to the intel we have. This might be ..." he looks out at the huge ship and its possible capabilities, "one of their flagships!"

Ryden wrote:It's then he gets a reading of the larger forcefield. "By the Gods, that is one massive forcefield! New contact: Four emitters just came online. That behemoth has a equally large forcefield around it. Four emitters create one huge field. Locations marked in all HUDs and for the record. Before we can approach we'll need to get past that."


"If we move close to the field, can a gateway be used to pass through it?"

OOC Comments
Navigation: Space 82% 1d100 = 48 plot a path to the ship
Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small 110% 1d100 = 64 pilot ship
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:54 am

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD wrote:Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: Original post: 1d100 = 42
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 19
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 48


Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1276/1450

==~==~==

Ryden wrote:It's then he gets a reading of the larger forcefield. "By the Gods, that is one massive forcefield! New contact: Four emitters just came online. That behemoth has a equally large forcefield around it. Four emitters create one huge field. Locations marked in all HUDs and for the record. Before we can approach we'll need to get past that."


The litany of CJ internal cursing is lengthy and varied, but eventually he shifts his plan from an immediate landing to a delayed one. "We are going to a dead-stop on the shady side. If this field came up in response to automated motion sensors we are going to fault them by ceasing motion till they come back down. We have seen their triggers at least. Once the field comes down we will be landing as long as ... and someone get the fine measurements on this ... Does their field project along to Hull, or at a distance. Like 400ft out or something so we could landif we got under it. It would make sense to have some distance because otherwise you could never Fix anything while the field is up ... but you know these bitches are crazy."

Shift EP as appropriate to complete:

Intelligence [57%]: EP Success - ID landing site with maximum cover and minimal visibility to any launch bay
Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small [116+20=136% (linked): EP Success - Short stop to avoid engine output or contact while seeking to avoid motion sensor detection
Prowl [80%]: Multi-EP Success IF NEEDED (avoid sensor detection and visual detection)

JIC Rolls
Initiative [+7]: Original post: 1d20+7 = 19
Dodge [+18]: Original post: 1d20+18 = 27, Original post: 1d20+18 = 34
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:17 am

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1533
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Distance to Vikelter: 20 miles (will make contact with field in 1 melee)
Distance to Small Craft: 15 miles and closing rapidly (will make contact with field in moments, and then with Grifter in less than 1 melee)
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (day side), 50 miles out from I.S.S. Vikelter

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

Grifter Stations
  • Pilot's Station: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot's Station: Cairo
  • EWO Station: Ryden
  • Crew Chief Station: Niall
  • (L1) Lima One Port Forward Turret (Lasers): Halko
  • (L2) Lima TwoPort Aft Turret (Lasers): Simone
  • (R1) Romeo One: Starboard Forward Turret (Rail Guns): Rosseyn
  • (R2) Romeo TwoStarboard Aft Turret (Rail Guns):


Cairo and Simone have a humorous exchange regarding her change of attire as the Grifter continues to move in an orbital pattern at a rate faster than that of the planet's rotation towards the big ship which is in a geostationary orbit. Cairo then communicates to Corrigon, "Fire the chemical maneuvering jets to slow us up. Keep your eyes open for anything coming out of that thing. No external weapons so it's probably built as a carrier-deployer type craft. Usually have destroyer class escorts coupled with a boatload of fighters. I am putting us down on the ventral side, in the shade." The force disc he manifests in front of the craft has absolutely zero effect (cuz physics).

Nova chimes in his support for Fang's audacity. "I put you in the co-pilot seat for a reason, Fang. Get us there. Can't see shit from this turret. And if I do see something, it's too late anyway, right?"

Corrigon is able to significantly slow the Grifter's approach speed with constant application of the Grifter's directional thrusters. He knows that the change in velocity will definitely register the craft as something more than a bit of debris as rocks flying through space don't have brakes to slam-on, and certainly don't change course of their own volition. "Okay, we have thrusters, but if we want to appear like space debris and not become such, we need to limit any obvious and unnatural movements that would show that we are something more than what we want to appear to be."

As Corrigon applies the thrusters to slow down the velocity of their trajectory, Cairo engages the Grifter's STL anti-gravity drive to nudge them (EP Piloting) towards the big ship's ventral facing with the intent of landing on the huge ship...subtly. (Intelligence EP) He identifies the previously noted impact crater as being a structural weak spot useful for punching through the secondary hull (which looks totally unarmored!) and boarding the ship, and there's a vast majority of the ship that qualifies as being not near or in sight of the big ship's many launch bays. He also notes a pair of what look like huge cannons mounted along the "top" amidships to actually be directional arrays for long-range gravity communications. He keeps his touch light and his use of the AG drives to a bare minimum (EP Prowl) while Ego does his own fine-tuning adjustments to the Grifter's attitude, velocity, and trajectory with the thrusters.

Crash engages in some banter with Fang and voices his own skepticism about the operational task assigned to the third SOG while he checks the sensor feed on his station from the EWO station's passive collection of EM data. He picks up a single small craft emerging from one of the launch bays at high velocity. All the launch bay lights, save that one, go dark again. Niall highlights the small craft on his console, and magnifies it on the display. He's at first unable to figure what the thing is, then notes the absence of any readily discernible cockpit and recalls log entries from the first SOG about this kind of craft. It's an interceptor. A small, fast, and heavily armed for craft for its size, about a quarter the size of the Grifter.

Halko adds to the nervous din of conversation being yelled about the crew compartment, "Is it just me or is that an impact crater on the monster's hull. Just there between those two huge disc things? Do you thing that's how the third got in? Or could have those, huh, hunters from the planet be making a run at the ship too?"

Corrigon remarks mirthlessly, "There's a cheery thought: getting caught up in a firefight between Atorians and those things."

Rosseyn notes the impact crater previously mentioned looks rather angular and clean; unlikely that it's the result of an asteroidal impact or something similar. No, that's likely an impact crater from a small craft whether intentional or accidental.

Brainiac slams down his own hot takes on everything, stating things matter-of-factly as he works to counter the EM output from Fang's use of the AG drive, "Already doing that. Using a feather's touch on it though. Less likely to wake up active defenses. Getting out of sight is definitely the best option. We could secure everything and rotate the ship and decompress out the boarding tube to provide a bit of EM free propulsion if needed. We just have to get EVA ready first. Once we can land, we will need someplace out of sight to park the ship. We should drop off a ground team led by Nova to secure the an entry, after Nova marks the ship for transport and then put the ship somewhere safe. I'm assuming we're going light on this, so no power armor right?"

Rosseyn hollers at Ryden. "Any idea how the 3rd might have gotten themselves on board?"

Ryden speculates freely. "Best possible stealth approach that involves an impact would be attaching their ship to a rock and launching it at the ship and detaching as it gets close. Probably why they are so jumpy with the small craft. If they think we're a relatively slow moving rock, they'll just send a workhorse shuttle and some fighter escorts to destroy it or tow it out so it can be destroyed. But you can bet they'll have the firepower to deal with us too. Personally that sounds too flashy. My bet is they did some version of what we are attempting."

Niall's own skepticism is voiced in turn as the the piloting pair do their magic. "If anyone has any clue how a 6-man unit was hoping to capture a ship of that size, it might help us find them quicker once we're aboard."

Ryden replies to this as well. "Pretty sure their mission is recon, not actively taking it over. Idea was that an all female crew had a better chance of doing recon than a male crew. Pretty sure you wrote their mission brief in concept, if not totality. But if they were going to take it, it'd be a matter of establishing a cover and then hitting targets of opportunity that matter."

Halko adds, "We could try entry at the crater. Whatever they've done to seal it up is likely less secure then a typical hatch. Park the ship near that and walk in there. Its possible our opposition at that entry point could just be repair crews. The systems damage in that area would provide some cover too."

If Ego or Fang didn't have their attention focused so intently on their at-hand tasks, they'd have seen Ryden's eyes just about bug-out of his skull. "By the Gods, that is one massive forcefield! New contact: Four emitters just came online. That behemoth has a equally large forcefield around it. Four emitters create one huge field. Locations marked in all HUDs and for the record. Before we can approach we'll need to get past that." Thinking on his feet, Ryden decides to try and see if he can hack a means to bypass the forcefield. The small craft which Crash has highlighted from his own panel presumably is meant to travel through the force field to safeguard the bigger ship. He analyzes the EM signature of the force field, paying close attention to the frequency variation and cycle as the emitters pulse out the field. He's utterly clueless as to how Atorian engineers have managed such a feat, and has zero clue how such a system could be made to function, but he thinks he's correctly deduced a model of the forcefield with which to base some premises regarding bypass of the field. Kinetic weapons payloads can't be positively or negative charged to a specific frequency on the fly, so a strong enough EM field, like the Grifter's own magnetic shield under Crash's control, could be strong enough theoretically to effectively absorb incoming fire from those weapons. Energy weapons were a bit more adjustable given that their payload was energy itself, in whatever form delieverd, and so the frequency would have to vary algorithmically in order to serve against those kinds of weapons as well. But small craft and a ship's own weapons would need to be modulated to that same algorithm in order to be effective, therefore the key to passage through such a field must be in discerning the nature of the algorithm itself and matching one's own signature to it. Having made this deduction, and hoping there's no flaw in his reasoning, Ryden gets to work using the much less sophisticated small craft as a means of determining the nature, if not of the algorithm itself, then of the frequency being used at the moment anyway.

Halko pauses as Ryden speaks up, "Frak, A big ass force field? Any chance we can portal past that?"

Corrigon echoes this idea, "If we move close to the field, can a gateway be used to pass through it?"

Rosseyn knows the nature of his own power, and knows this is not an option, but everyone's presumably got their hands full, so he stays quiet for the moment; better to let them focus.

Corrigon's mouth dries up as he speaks, "The ship, its called the I.S.S. Vikelter. The ship is named after one of the imperial throneworlds according to the intel we have. This might be one of their flagships!"

CJ pipes up, discomfited by Ryden's discovery. "We are going to a dead-stop on the shady side. If this field came up in response to automated motion sensors we are going to fault them by ceasing motion till they come back down. We have seen their triggers at least. Once the field comes down we will be landing as long as...and someone get the fine measurements on this...does their field project along to hull, or at a distance. Like four hundred feet out or something so we could land if we got under it. It would make sense to have some distance because otherwise you could never fix anything while the field is up, but you know these bitches are crazy."

Ryden's able to readily determine that the field projects out to form an egg-like shaped bubble approximately five miles out from the ship's secondary hull. As the small craft passes through the field, he should be able to read its EM signature with active sensors, but that would alert both the small craft and the big ship to their presence. Of course, they've already been detected, hence why the small craft is on an intercept course. They've just not been identified yet.

Image

What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Cairo
    -175 personal S.D.C.
Rosseyn
    -840 Force Field used
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4922
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:33 am

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 27
JiC D20: 1d20 = 14
JiC D100: 1d100 = 99

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1276/1450

==~==~==

The launched craft drops a knot into Cairo's stomach but it simply joins the others that have been grinding on his nerves for awhile, *Time to pay your credits and place your bet, cut the cards right in half and I'll play from either side. Sometimes you just have to take your chances.*

"Small craft over there looks like it was launched to meet our course. Got a couple options. Can try and beat the Force Field and land on the hull, or Nova, can you drop an anchor point here if we put a bit of burn in, set down back on the dark side of the planet?"

** If Ryden advises of the dimensions on the Vikelter's force field CJ nods, *Alright well that confirms one option. Probably dangerous to try and clone their transponders. Once we get aboard, I will have to make sure we lift codes for a number of shuttles etc. Couldn't hurt to pick up AIs for us to start employing to handle gruntwork. Brainiac can reset their directives to handle things like hunting edible dinosaurs and stacking them somewhere for us to pickup periodically. Probably any number of other things.*


Read Sensory Equipment [100%+25%=125%]: 1d100 = 89
Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small [116+20=136%]: 1d100 = 54
Prowl for Grifter [80%]: EP Success
Last edited by Cairo on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:31 am

Perception ☞ 36% 1d100 = 80 (FAIL)
JIC 1d20 = 15
1d100 = 74

Niall's heart drops into his stomach when he sees the readings indicating a small craft has exited the atorian ship.

"I've got a bogey - just a small craft. By it's profile I'd guess it's an interceptor. Just the one, so they likely think we're debris."

Intelligence ☞ 76% 1d100 = 37 (did the 1st SOG's log entries indicate any potential vulnerabilities of these craft? Or if there are any old readings on these craft in action I can bring up - SUCCESS)

Ryden wrote:"Pretty sure you wrote their mission brief in concept, if not totality."


Oh... Niall nods silently. Yeah. I guess I did.

Ryden wrote:"But if they were going to take it, it'd be a matter of establishing a cover and then hitting targets of opportunity that matter."


Yeah... unfortunately we have some experience with that kind of operation. Or... defending against it, at least."

He looks at the interceptor's readings scrolling across his panel. We're flying as stealthily as possible, which means they might've just seen some glare reflected off us, and are eyeballing us. Which means, maybe we can trick them long enough to get close.

"So... if that pilot's eyeballing us, we might be able to plot a trajectory that looks like drift. Maybe as he gets close, give us a little spin? And while we're pretending to be an asteroid, maybe we can pretend to be a radioactive one, and jam his comms. Lemme do a little checking here..."

Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 91% 1d100 = 47 (Keep an eye on the situation - SUCCESS)
Astrophysics ☞ 81% 1d100 = 89 (plot a simulated trajectory that looks like drift? - FAIL)
Astrophysics ☞ 81% 1d100 = 8 (SUCCESS)
Electronic Countermeasures ☞ 86% 1d100 = 17 (Are there any known EM emissions from asteroids (perhaps those containing radioactive materials) which we could duplicate as he gets close to jam comms? - SUCCESS)

If Niall finds any readings that could be used to duplicate natural EM emissions from a radioactive atsteroid, and if he can plot a simulated drift trajectory that gets us close to the Atorian ship, he forwards these to the pilot and copilot terminals, as well as to EWO, for them to use or ignore as they see fit.
Last edited by Niall on Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:37 pm

Percep: 64%=1d100 = 35
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 8


Halko feels more than a little useless sitting at the dormant turret staring out the port at the giant flagship looming out there as some sort of interceptor comes at them. none the less, Halko stays ready at his turret as those in control of the Grifter do what they can to get the Squad to the apparent Atorian flagship.

Calling back behind him, Halko tries out a new callsign for Simone and says, "Hey Helly, You should have joined us before we went to Grimdon. That place had all kinds of stuff, though the justice system was a little cooky. And I did get turned into a pin cushion in the Blood Sport arena, but at least there was food. Drek alien food, but hey. "
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:04 pm

Perception Bonus 41% 1d100 = 75
JIC 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 6

"We have intercept people," he reminds the others, prepping the ship to move back on to its main flight system if they come under attack, "it will figure out that we are are not debris the second it has visual on us."

"Either we break through, circumvent etc. through this field or we abort, and use option two of the portal. It will take us a while to travel to the ship though, but picking us up is a lot less likely."

He eyes the interceptor in the distance,his eyes suddenly focusing again far closer in the distance than they ever had before and a sudden pain in his head that passes when his vision retreats back to normal.what is going on

"If we do break through, we need to provide a distraction that we can use in order to hide us on that behemoth."

OOC Comments
Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small 110% 1d100 = 76
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:42 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: Original post: 1d100 = 27
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 14
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 99


Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1276/1450

==~==~==

Niall wrote:"I've got a bogey - just a small craft. By it's profile I'd guess it's an interceptor. Just the one, so they likely think we're debris" ...
"So... if that pilot's eyeballing us, we might be able to plot a trajectory that looks like drift. Maybe as he gets close, give us a little spin? And while we're pretending to be an asteroid, maybe we can pretend to be a radioactive one, and jam his comms. Lemme do a little checking here..."


"Yeah we've got a visual on it over here too, drift is a possibility ... can play dead for a bit. Not totally sure it's going to get us all the way ...

Corrigon wrote:"We have intercept people," he reminds the others, prepping the ship to move back on to its main flight system if they come under attack, "it will figure out that we are are not debris the second it has visual on us." ... "Either we break through, circumvent etc. through this field or we abort, and use option two of the portal. It will take us a while to travel to the ship though, but picking us up is a lot less likely."


"Can't break through the field. We don't have the firepower ... Hey Brainiac, what are the odds we can clone that things transponders and you can break its comms? Anyone have a good line-of-sight on it's gun or missile armaments? If we break out in a blitz when that thing gets in weapons-range, we might be able to neutralize it quickly and masquerade our way back through the Field using their own codes. Then Backlash can pop out and give a simulated explosion as if the Interceptor succumbed to wounds dealt in destroying us ... Nova can you drop an Anchor point here just outside the Field, in case we need it? ... Our range on lasers is 6 Miles. Railguns 2 Miles. If we can lure them inside 2 Miles we should have a good shot ... but we may have to keep at playing dead and just grit through a couple of initial shots until they get close enough. Crash, keep your eye out in case we have to fire missile-chaffe globes.”

CJ trains his eye on the Interceptor and tries to gauge the weapons configuration.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:07 pm

Perception: 83%/1d100 = 5 Critical Success
JIC: 1d100 = 70, 1d20 = 14

"Can I? Sure. Won't be easy, but I can probably pull it off. Problem isn't me, but them seeing non-atorian weapons fire. It's going to be tough to avoid unpleasant questions or sneak past their shield. Best bet is to feign comm damage as well, and signal we are heading back to base. I'll crank up sensitivity on my sensors though, see if I can't eke out some of their conversations. But if you want to make us harder to detect, I suggest Crash looking at what he can do with his station to modify emissions on weapons and engines."

As he works, he chuckles and adds, "Too bad Backlash, Nova, and you can't EVA and just beat the shit out of the pilot and possibly the interceptor. I guess you could if Nova opened the airlock and marked some point in space to jump back to."

Read Sensory Equipment 73%/EP - to get every possible bit of background information on the emissions of interceptor; especially any transponders, etc.
Cryptography 88%/EP - To break any encryption
Military: Electronic Warfare 83/EP - To break any encryption on any transponders
Intelligence 69%/EP - To sort through what is sent out to find anything interesting
Intelligence 69%/EP - To use what readings we captured from the previous encounters to build up a basis for their communication, IFF and Flight protocols.
Radio: Basic 118%/EP - To intercept any kind of signal
Laser Communication 73%/EP - To intercept any kind of signal
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 52/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 13
Conditions: Healing Factor & Invulnerability.

Skills:
Radio: Basic 1d100 = 12/70% Pass (To listen in on incoming transmissions)
Cryptography 1d100 = 49/55% Pass (Break comm scrambling)
Read Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 87/55% Fail (Just to keep an eye on whats happening at her station)
Intelligence 1d100 = 12/60% Pass (To sift through the Comm Traffic)
Research 1d100 = 14/85% Pass (To correlate the info to applicable knowledge for possible use to the team.)

Simone sits rather quiet in her seat, the tension building in the archeologist turned chaplain. Reaching over Simone grabs a headset for the radio and starts ltrying to listen to the background chatter, seeing if anything comes to her as viable to their situation. Simone takes a furtive glance at the screen in front of her every few seconds to see if anything is happening. Yeah, I don't like being in a ship like this with a chance of just dying. Simone thinks as she continues to listen.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 61/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 13

Cairo wrote:"Small craft over there looks like it was launched to meet our course. Got a couple options. Can try and beat the Force Field and land on the hull, or Nova, can you drop an anchor point here if we put a bit of burn in, set down back on the dark side of the planet?"

Ryden wrote:"Too bad Backlash, Nova, and you can't EVA and just beat the shit out of the pilot and possibly the interceptor. I guess you could if Nova opened the airlock and marked some point in space to jump back to."


"On it." Nova gets to work setting the current point in space as a gateway for himself. Once that's done, he leans forward at his gunner's station ready to help take down the interceptor.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:10 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: Original post: 1d100 = 27
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 14
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 99


Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1276/1450

==~==~==

Rosseyn wrote:
Cairo wrote:"Small craft over there looks like it was launched to meet our course. Got a couple options. Can try and beat the Force Field and land on the hull, or Nova, can you drop an anchor point here if we put a bit of burn in, set down back on the dark side of the planet?"


"On it." Nova gets to work setting the current point in space as a gateway for himself. Once that's done, he leans forward at his gunner's station ready to help take down the interceptor.


With Nova confirming that he's left a Gate-point behind CJ shifts their course as much as he can with any kind of subtlety, *We have a way back to inside their sensors. Let's see if we can avoid contact.* He will attempt to dive the Grifter to the shady-far-side of the spinning ring to interpose it as a visual screen if possible.

Cairo wrote:Read Sensory Equipment [100%+25%=125%]: Original post: 1d100 = 89
Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small [116+20=136%]: Original post: 1d100 = 54
Prowl for Grifter [80%]: EP Success


Precautionary Rolls:
Initiative [+6]: 1d20+6 = 26
Dodge [+17]: 1d20+17 = 35, 1d20+17 = 29
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:25 am

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1534
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Distance to Vikelter: 20 miles (will make contact with field in 1 melee)
Distance to Small Craft: 15 miles and closing rapidly (will make contact with field in moments, and then with Grifter in less than 1 melee)
Location: Chandrakant II, Temperate Region (day side), 50 miles out from I.S.S. Vikelter

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

Grifter Stations
  • Pilot's Station: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot's Station: Cairo
  • EWO Station: Ryden
  • Crew Chief Station: Niall
  • (L1) Lima One Port Forward Turret (Lasers): Halko
  • (L2) Lima Two Port Aft Turret (Lasers): Simone
  • (R1) Romeo One: Starboard Forward Turret (Rail Guns): Rosseyn
  • (R2) Romeo Two Starboard Aft Turret (Rail Guns):


Niall calls out, "I've got a bogey - just a small craft. By it's profile I'd guess it's an interceptor. Just the one, so they likely think we're debris. So, if that pilot's eyeballing us, we might be able to plot a trajectory that looks like drift. Maybe as he gets close, give us a little spin? And while we're pretending to be an asteroid, maybe we can pretend to be a radioactive one, and jam his comms. Lemme do a little checking here." The first SOG's log entries only indicated one previous, brief, encounter with small craft of this design. Which only revealed that the interceptors pack a sizeable punch for their size, are squirrelly to target, and are limited to light (short-range) weapons. So far as replicating radiation from exotic bodies, Niall knows it's theoretically possible to mimic certain EM signatures, but that most radioactive signatures aren't going to be quickly replicable, if at all feasible, by an Albatross on short notice. The radioactive asteroid idea being a dud, Niall inputs some a drift trajectory that gets the Grifter close to the Atorian ship, and feeds it to the pilots and EWO.

Cairo adds, "...looks like it was launched to meet our course. Got a couple options. Can try and beat the force field and land on the hull, or Nova--can you drop an anchor point here if we put a bit of burn in, set down back on the dark side of the planet?"

"We have intercept people," he reminds the others, prepping the ship to move back on to its main flight system if they come under attack, "it will figure out that we are are not debris the second it has visual on us. Either we break through, circumvent etc. through this field or we abort, and use option two of the portal. It will take us a while to travel to the ship though, but picking us up is a lot less likely. If we do break through, we need to provide a distraction that we can use in order to hide us on that behemoth." Corrigon executes Niall's drift trajectory and smiles as the thrusters change the facing of the Grifter abit, cause it to slowly rotate on its longitudinal axis, and change the trajectory enough, gradually enough, to bring them within what he calculates to be a hundred yards of the big ship's secondary hull.

Cairo gets a sudden case of potentially useful diarrhea of the mouth. "Can't break through the field--we don't have the firepower. Hey, Brainiac, what are the odds we can clone that thing's transponder and you can break its comms? Anyone have a good line-of-sight on its gun or missile armaments? If we break out in a blitz when that thing gets in weapons-range, we might be able to neutralize it quickly and masquerade our way back through the field using their own codes. Then Backlash can pop out and give a simulated explosion as if the Interceptor succumbed to wounds dealt in destroying us. Nova can you drop an anchor point here just outside the field, in case we need it? Our range on lasers is six miles, railguns two miles. If we can lure them inside two miles we should have a good shot, but we may have to keep at playing dead and just grit through a couple of initial shots until they get close enough. Crash, keep your eye out in case we have to fire chaffe.” CJ trains his eye on the interceptor trying to see if he can figure out what kind of heat it's packing as the small dot in the viewscreen is backlit by engine burn and begins to rapidly grow larger in his field of vision. No dice. It's all in shadow.

Ryden replies, "Can I? Sure. Won't be easy, but I can probably pull it off. Problem isn't me, but them seeing non-atorian weapons fire. It's going to be tough to avoid unpleasant questions or sneak past their shield. Best bet is to feign comm damage as well, and signal we are heading back to base. I'll crank up sensitivity on my sensors though, see if I can't eke out some of their conversations. But if you want to make us harder to detect, I suggest Crash looking at what he can do with his station to modify emissions on weapons and engines."

Nova pipes up loudly, "On it!" and sets a point in space as a gateway for himself. Once done, he leans forward at his gunner's station.

Three sets of eyes are locked on the growing silhouette of the interceptor. Halko, Rosseyn, and Cairo are all watching it intently. Corrigon's eyes take in his surroundings, the minutia of inertial and vector information granted to him by his natural senses as he gently nudges the Grifter along its sequential series of thruster bursts to mimic the gravitational effect on an object's course. He considers the size of the ship they're approaching and realizes that it's entirely possible that this wouldn't even seem implausible to an observer. Simone grabs a headset for the radio and starts listening to whichever radio channel Ryden is currently subscribed.

Ryden is engaged in high level electronic warfare. He snoops the emissions of the interceptor as it closes in on them; it's targeting and tracking sensors lock onto the Grifter which gives him all the information he needs by reading such. It's squawking standard Imperial IFF, but he notices a change in the resonance of the hull as it approaches where his sensors tell him the force field to be. He suddenly realizes that the interceptor is polarizing its hull to a certain frequency. He shouts back to Niall to charge the hull to the same frequency, and patches the data into the crew chief station console. He then snoops the interceptor's comms traffic and quickly hacks the secure signal...but he hears absolutely no voices. The signal is pure data. It's audible, but the nature of the sound makes no sense to him. What's apparent is that the interceptor is receiving a continuous transmission from the ship.

Simone hears the audible data transmission and something bothers her. Sure, it's not voices, but the pattern is familiar. She's heard something like...she shouts out loud, "That's a telemetry signal!"

Now knowing that it's a the nature of the continuous transmission, Ryden quickly realizes that the interceptor is, in fact, a drone. From this he deduces that the drone is en route to destroy them as a dangerous rock. Someone on the ship has been directed to destroy this navigational hazard that's flying towards the big ship, and whoever is controlling the interceptor is carrying out the task. Ryden surmises that he should be able to spoof the interceptor's commands for a brief period if he dares to radiate.

Niall charges the hull by redirecting the power from the ship's power plant into the hull at a specifically modulated frequency as per Ryden's specifications. There's no big flash, or arcing electricity, or anything else sexy-looking. The polarity of the hull has been altered. That's all.

Ryden smiles as the Grifter passes through the force field without a hint of resistance.

At five miles, the interceptor opens fire with a barrage a brilliant blue spears that stab through the black and score the top of the starboard nacelle. Rosseyn gets a little shaken up, but the ship's tough and he's seen much, much worse. Cairo attempts to use thrusters sparingly to dive the Grifter to the shady far side of the spinning ring, but the interceptor fires again, and at just the wrong moment. The port side of the Imperial ship fills the forward windows of both foreward turrets and the cockpit. Ryden spikes the interceptor's command signal for a split second, causing it to cease fire long enough to fly right past them. Cairo and Corrigon do what they can and are amazingly able to correct the rotational drift and facing of the Grifter. Corrigon and Cairo immediately kill all thrusters as they see what's inevitable. Rosseyn, too, sees what's about to happen from a terrifying vantage point and calls out "Brace for impact!" Simone winces despite herself. Niall, always the one with the most precarious position aboard, seizes the two handholds on either side of his console and his family flashes before his eyes. Everyone seated at a station grips their harnesses and involuntarily grits their teeth. Halko just smiles.

Astrophysics is a harsh mistress. Instead of dipping beneath the ship, the Grifter buries itself nose first into the gargantuan ship at a couple hundred miles per hour. The crew chief's station flashes in front of Niall's eyes briefly, and everyone onboard feels a sudden flickering in gravity. A deafening noise resounds throughout the inside of the Grifter, everything shakes for a moment, then all is still. There's no massive, jarring concussion, just a rattle and some shaking. From the cockpit Corrigon, Ryden, and Cairo see what looks like a large, mostly empty cargo bay. Rosseyn and Halko see only the surface of the secondary hull, a few feet from their ball turrets. Simone sees only space from her vantage, then, a second later the interceptor flies by some miles out from the ship heading aft. Niall sees a prompt in faint blue lettering on his console. Automatic boarding sequence safety program complete.

Map Reveal
Image


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -396 to armor
Cairo
    -175 personal S.D.C.
Rosseyn
    -840 Force Field used
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4922
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:50 am

Perception: 1d100 = 82/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 67
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.

Simone smirks once the craft stops moving. "Well that went well. Volund guided whoever made this ship." Simone says paying lip service to the forge god. unbuckling the straps of her harness, and gets up from her seat, crashes being something that dosen't seem to bother the Chaplain. "So what now?" Simone asks.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:15 pm

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 75
JiC D20: 1d20 = 8
JiC D100: 1d100 = 82

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks]

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1277/1450

==~==~==

As they are bumping their way to an jarring stop Cairo calls back, "Still better than your Dead-stick landing Nova! ... Unless half of you are unconscious back there. Everyone Ok??"

Simone Helbrect wrote:Unbuckling the straps of her harness, and gets up from her seat, crashes being something that dosen't seem to bother the Chaplain. "So what now?" Simone asks.


Cairo laughs as he responds with a few suggestions, "Now we grab our guns and go see if these Imperialist bitches have anything worth liberating Chaplain. Ego and Crash wanna run a systems check and make sure we can lift off? Nova? You want to set a Gate-Point in the Hangar here so we have an easier way to board next time than bumping and grinding along the Hull? ... Maybe me and Backlash take a walk around the room? You can cover us and chime in with the Turret if we need the assistance hehehe". As the Shadow-Clad PA Pilot rises he grabs up his backpack full of ammunition and Assault Rifle and heads for the Boarding-Iris.

Unbidden a dark thought crosses CJ's mind, *Maybe we should set the Self-Destruct ... Nova can come back every 30 Minutes or something and hit delay. We don't want to die and be the ones who delivered the Brushheads a barely-used Jump-Drive.*
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:29 pm

Percep: 64%=1d100 = 27
JIC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 59

Once the ship has come to a stop, or seems to, Halko unstraps from his turret and makes his way back into the main junction point of the Grifter. Along the way he calls out to Simone, "That's good old fashion Arismal engineering. This ship is a boarding craft. Its made for this drek." Seeing her up and moving around, he adds, "There's some grenades in my locker and a big shotgun. Take what you think you can use. This is gonna be one hell of a mission and our load out needs to match up. There's some other group gear too." He shoots her a grin as he turns to the main intersection of the ship, just behind the

Cairo wrote:..responds with a few suggestions, "Now we grab our guns and go see if these Imperialist bitches have anything worth liberating Chaplain. Ego and Crash wanna run a systems check and make sure we can lift off? Nova? You want to set a Gate-Point in the Hangar here so we have an easier way to board next time than bumping and grinding along the Hull? ... Maybe me and Backlash take a walk around the room? You can cover us and chime in with the Turret if we need the assistance hehehe"


Halko nods to the officers, "Sounds good. We can take Flash here outside with us. But with this big ass hole in the Atorian's ship, maybe we should back the Grifter off and tuck it away somewhere harder to find. With the portal in place they can run their checks while the Grifter gets settled and then portal right back here to meet back up with us. Meanwhile we check out the area and do a little scouting." He gives the Officers a sly smile, hoping they accept the suggestions to alter the proposed plan.

Either way, he double checks the seals on his armor and verifies his ammo loadout with a simple hand movement over his body that makes it look like he's crossing himself.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:10 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Halko wrote:Halko nods to the officers, "Sounds good. We can take Flash here outside with us. But with this big ass hole in the Atorian's ship, maybe we should back the Grifter off and tuck it away somewhere harder to find. With the portal in place they can run their checks while the Grifter gets settled and then portal right back here to meet back up with us. Meanwhile we check out the area and do a little scouting." He gives the Officers a sly smile, hoping they accept the suggestions to alter the proposed plan.


"That's a great idea Backlash. You, me, and New-Girl can secure the area. Ego and the Tech-team can get the Grifter backed out and stick it somewhere that isn't a big hole in their Hull. Nova can bring the dream-team back here via Gateway."

*Should I bring Halko's Wardog? Should Brainiac bring his Duskhound? ... I wonder how big the interior halls will be. That reprogrammed bot is an Atorian model, and that is 8ft tall, so the halls probably scale well. Probably 12ft on average you'd think ... we will see.*
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:23 am

Perception ☞ 39% 1d100 = 30 (SUCCESS)

JIC 1d20 = 19
1d100 = 85

Niall holds his breath as the Grifter crashes nose-first into the Atorian ship, and doesn't breathe again until he sees the message across his screen:

Grifter wrote:Automatic boarding sequence safety program complete.


Niall exhales in relief. "Boarding sequence safety program complete." Thank the gods.

Fang wrote:"Everyone Ok??"


Niall shakes his head, then calls out, "I'm good."

Fang wrote:Ego and Crash wanna run a systems check and make sure we can lift off?


Niall nods, already beginning a damage report. "Roger."

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 102% 1d100 = 87 (SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 96% 1d100 = 91 (Damage report - SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 96% 1d100 = 58 (external atmo - is it breathable, or vaccuum? - SUCCESS)

Niall calls out the results of the damage control and atmo checks, and preps to extract the ship from it's hole once Nova has laid a gateway on board.

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 102% 1d100 = 71 (SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 96% 1d100 = 67 (pre-flight - is the Grifter operational enough to back out of the hole? if so, complete pre-flight checks. - SUCCESS)

To Ego, he says, "Maybe we can park it on the hull?"
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:18 pm

Perception Bonus 41% 1d100 = 11
JIC 1d20 = 13 1d100 = 82

Augur wrote:Astrophysics is a harsh mistress. Instead of dipping beneath the ship, the Grifter buries itself nose first into the gargantuan ship at a couple hundred miles per hour. The crew chief's station flashes in front of Niall's eyes briefly, and everyone onboard feels a sudden flickering in gravity. A deafening noise resounds throughout the inside of the Grifter, everything shakes for a moment, then all is still. There's no massive, jarring concussion, just a rattle and some shaking.


As the Grifter impacts into the ship, Corrigon feels his armour and helmet all become too tight, as it feels like it could crush him or he was trying to burst out of it. As the danger passes, the pain recedes and Corrigon feels normal again.
"Ow," Corrigon rubs his arms
Did my armour just get too small? he looks down quickly at himself, but he can't see anything different, Considering all the changes this squad, am I next?

Augur wrote:From the cockpit Corrigon, Ryden, and Cairo see what looks like a large, mostly empty cargo bay.


"Okay, looks like we are in a currently unused bit of the ship. Considering we just punch a hole in the ship, I imagine we might be seeing a repair crew sooner or later once they figure out where we hit and what that interceptor can tell them." Corrigon informs the others, peering through the viewport.

Cairo wrote: Ego and Crash wanna run a systems check and make sure we can lift off?


"Affirmative, don't want to get caught here."

Cairo wrote: Ego and the Tech-team can get the Grifter backed out and stick it somewhere that isn't a big hole in their Hull. Nova can bring the dream-team back here via Gateway."


"Be ready for decompression. Won't be anything plugging the hole until any forcefields kick in, so hang on to your britches. Shove something out afterwards to make it appear that was what hit this ship, whilst I hide the Grifter. With any luck, that will confuse them long enough for us to attach somewhere out of sight."

OOC Comments
Read Sensory Equipment 77% 1d100 = 35 check for damage and flight capability
Electronic Warfare 67% 1d100 = 11 use passive sensors to prevent the Atorians
Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small 110% 1d100 = 86 check the Grifter can still fly
Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small 110% 1d100 = 54 fly the Grifter
Prowl 62% EP critical success sneak the Grifter out and hide her safely on the Atorian vessel
Intelligence 56% 1d100 = 45 good place to hide the Grifter on the superstructure.
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 13/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 74

As the Grifter rapidly approaches the hull of the other ship, Rosseyn holds on to his station stoically. No better way in than through.
Cairo wrote:As they are bumping their way to an jarring stop Cairo calls back, "Still better than your Dead-stick landing Nova! ... Unless half of you are unconscious back there. Everyone Ok??"

As they come to a stop, Rosseyn grins and then hollers back "I'll give it top three landings. We're fine back here."

At the mention of Backlash's plan, Nova gives the thumbs up of approval. "Hell of an idea. I'll hop out and set a gateway." Rosseyn gets out of his seat and does a gear check. Once he's sure he's got everything, he'll set a gateway in whatever room they've burst into. Once it's set, he'll get back on board and hop into the co-pilot's seat to help Corrigon take the Grifter out.

OOC Comments
Pilot: Small Military Spacecraft - 1d100 = 59/95% - to assist in flying the Grifter
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:45 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Cairo wrote:"That's a great idea Backlash. You, me, and New-Girl can secure the area. Ego and the Tech-team can get the Grifter backed out and stick it somewhere that isn't a big hole in their Hull. Nova can bring the dream-team back here via Gateway."


Simone practically jumps at the comment. "Yeah I can definitely hold an area." Simone says, maybe a bit too enthusiastically. This has been one weird trip, but I am useless in a ship, as far as flying and what not. Simone thinks as she does a quick check of her gear. "Does anyone have a spare rifle?" Simone asks. You'd think they would have made that stuff mandatory for special forces group. Simone thinks again to herself.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:10 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Simone Helbrect wrote:Simone practically jumps at the comment. "Yeah I can definitely hold an area." Simone says, maybe a bit too enthusiastically. This has been one weird trip, but I am useless in a ship, as far as flying and what not. Simone thinks as she does a quick check of her gear. "Does anyone have a spare rifle?" Simone asks.


Shadow-clad Cairo nods in response, "I have a Tac-Rifle (STAR) along. It has shorter range than the one I was going to bring but more punch. Given your self-professed speedy nature, you can close the distance pretty easy, so the STAR may be a good choice for you. Be careful though, it's got a lot more kick than those pistols you are toting, so don't shoot one of us in the back ... well except Backlash. He can literally send it onward down-range."

CJ will extract his STAR from his gear and hand it over (along with 4 full clips), "If we lose gravity out there, don't panic, I will get a Force Disc over for you to grab onto in short order. Just be ready for it. If we get out there and the Brushheads start sending troops at us, you keep behind Backlash until we can get somewhere that has atmosphere, otherwise being super-tough with a hole in that EBA will just mean you are very 'toughly' being spaced-to-death ..."
Last edited by Cairo on Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:39 pm

Niall wrote:Niall calls out the results of the damage control and atmo checks, and preps to extract the ship from it's hole once Nova has laid a gateway on board.

With the secondary hull breached, the chamber they've punched a hole into has been exposed to vacuum. Gravity is almost standard though at .9G.
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4922
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:40 pm

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 51
JiC D20: 1d20 = 18
JiC D100: 1d100 = 79

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Force Disc, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Force-Disc

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1277/1450

==~==~==

Once he is done handing off weapons to Simone, CJ grabs his backpack and switches out some clips (moving Rifle clips to armor harness, and pistol clips to backpack) then steps onto a Force-Disc he summons to glide casually over to the boarding iris. To Nova he offers a quick suggestion, "When you get back, what do you think of laying down a force-field before we go through that big door? May be able to avoid any significant depressurization and any tripping any alarms that go with significant hull breaches."

To Halko and Simone (once they arrive) he remarks, "Someone check those alcoves off to the Right as we exit [bottom of Map], and keep your eyes peeled for lockers. If they've had a hull breach this big, chances are they expect anything in here to be gone. We plugged the hole, but they don't have to be wrong … you see any Atorian suits or armor, we might be able to use those in future operations. I am going to try to secure the door. Any suggestions before we go?" Barring any concerns raised by the others he taps the controls to open the iris.

Exiting the Grifter Cairo scans for sensors and cameras as he moves across the room towards the door [NE on the Map] to determine its operating mechanism, and if possible kill the lights, *Our eyes are superior to theirs generally, we will be fine by starlight and if they open this up they'll be silhouetted for easy firing.*

Basic Electronics 105%: 1d100 = 59 - if needed for alien controls (Door and lights)
Computer Operations 110%: 1d100 = 81 - if needed for alien controls (Door and lights)
Read Sensory Equipment 100%: 1d100 = 63 - Spot any sensors etc.
Intelligence 57%: 1d100 = 10 - to choose a spot with cover to secure the area and wait for Nova and the others
Prowl 80% [+20% in dark area]: 1d100 = 90 - minimize visibility as he covers the doorway in case of counter-boarding

*** If he is unable to figure out the lights, CJ will summon a force-discus (i.e. of throwing) and lob it a few times at whatever is giving off light to set the scene more favorably for the Arismal.
Just in Case
Strike 1d20+11 = 21, Damage 5d6+5 = 20
Strike 1d20+11 = 25, Damage 5d6+5 = 23
Strike 1d20+11 = 18, Damage 5d6+5 = 24
Strike 1d20+11 = 12, Damage 5d6+5 = 24
Strike 1d20+11 = 31, Damage 5d6+5 = 19=38 Damage
Strike 1d20+11 = 25, Damage 5d6+5 = 28

Lastly (if he gets this far), the PA Pilot cycles through a few areas of the EM Spectrum (Infrared because with everything exposed to vacuum things should be pretty cold and anything hot may be of significance, and Radio to see if anything in here is giving off discernible signals, Range reduced to 100ft) for anything useful in their immediate area.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

PreviousNext

Return to HU2 Galactic: Annals of the Sixth Atorian Expansion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests