Bird Dogging at Falcone's - Hammond Operations Center

Into the Breach: The 110th begins their operation.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Bird Dogging at Falcone's - Hammond Operations Center

Postby CS High Command » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:39 pm

This Going to the Dogs Already - Main Team
    Date: January 9, 110 PA
    Time: 1300 by end of post.
    Temp: 4°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog into the town of Hammond
    Weather: Partly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: A little over a mile from the nearest Ley Line; 4 miles from the nearest nexus to the North and 6 miles from the nearest nexus to the south.

Team Doc has figured out that it is possible that the Falcon's Nest, a local merc bar, could be on the killer's patrol zone, and it is one of the team's next stop. Team Tex has cleared most of the names on their list. Mane and Snoopy did end up getting useful contacts though.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Re: Bird Dogging at Falcone's - Hammond Operations Center

Postby James Howlett » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:55 am

Perception: 1d100 = 48/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 39
Conditions: none, relevant.

Skills:
Cooking 1d100 = 46/54% pass (To cook a meal large enough to feed the team.)

James reenters the warehouse, and shakes his coat loose from the biting cold outside. Hie mechanical limbs not so much affected as the fleshy bits of his torso and face. James makes his way into the conference room and tosses his over coat over the back of a chair, before finding a spot for himself to sit down. Now is the hard part, waiting for the other team. James says as he considers his next moves. Coffee would be nice, maybe lunch as well. James thinks before deciding to do something about it.

James makes his way into the trailer and rummages through the kitchen for the necessary supplies to make both coffee and a meal large enough for he team.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Drummond Leighton » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:23 pm

Perception: 24% vs 1d100 = 50 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 6, Invalid dice code!

Alias: Doug Blackwood

Drum follows his two teammates back to the HOC. Once there he's at a bit of a loss as to what to do for a few minutes and ruminates, We weren't exactly inconspicuous back there. While we need to go find this Falcone, it's possible, we picked up a tail ourselves.

"Doc, I am going to take up a position to keep watch on anyone approaching the building," Drum says to the leader fo the 40-4th. The cyborg goes back to his locker and pulls out his rifle. Holding it by it's handle he looks for a position to be able to observe the passing traffic from a window. Preferably a second story window if there is one available that he can reach.
Drummond Leighton

Postby James Howlett » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:49 pm

Drummond Leighton wrote:"Doc, I am going to take up a position to keep watch on anyone approaching the building,"

James nods. "Not a bad idea. Radio if you see any strangers around. I will let you know when I have dinner ready." James says to the Combat Cyborg. He's probably bored to tears with this. James thinks as he looks for a shaker of garlic powder.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Drummond Leighton » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:28 am

(rolls carried)

James Howlett wrote:James nods. "Not a bad idea. Radio if you see any strangers around. I will let you know when I have dinner ready." James says to the Combat Cyborg. He's probably bored to tears with this. James thinks as he looks for a shaker of garlic powder.

Even a cyborg gets sleepy as the hours tick by and the other members of the team haven't returned. He decides he needs to talk, "Hey Doc, I can see you've got some cybernetics of your own, they look pretty substantial under thermal imaging. What is your specialty? When get time I want my chassis upgraded to max, y'know? I've heard those Triax guys have robots that are stronger than an Enforcer. But beyond that armor, reflexes, on-board weaponry. The more I have the more utility. Maybe even a suite sound system and some retractable timpani drum pads so I can do some drumming, I'm pretty good I've been told."

"It's been a while, do you think we should radio the others and find out their ETA, maybe they are in trouble." the cyborg says concern in his voice.
Drummond Leighton

Postby CS High Command » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:53 pm

Time: 1320 by end of post.
    Temp: 4°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog into the town of Hammond
    Ley Line info: A little over a mile from the nearest Ley Line; 4 miles from the nearest nexus to the North and 6 miles from the nearest nexus to the south.

Team Tex makes its way back to the warehouse about 20 minutes after the rest of the team.

Officer Brief
The in depth info on the Falcon's Nest and its clientele is minimal, but Marcus is able to give the officers a good run down of the place. It occupies a space once belonging to another bar that the owner bought out a few years back. As such he knows what the layout should look like.

The owner is Gerry Falcone, a shipping company owner who has a side business in all the businesses his employees frequent. It's a family owned business that is pretty obviously a front for organized crime. He employs mutant animals because they work for less than the human and d-bee psychics they replace. Their work ethic is another selling point. He prefers mostly human or human looking d-bees otherwise. Fang is supposed to have taken a job as bouncer at the bar, but its possible he moved into other employment with Falcone.

Falcon's Nest Probable Floor Plan
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Mane » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:18 pm

Perception: (52% Normal Bar, 90% IFF Bar): 1d100 = 93
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 83

Sense Psychic & Magic Energy (80% base): 1d100 = 45
Sense Supernatural Beings (72% base): 1d100 = 37
Kitty Hearing:
* Discriminate between two sounds (75% base): 1d100 = 90
* Judge Distance & Precise Location of Source (98% base): 1d100 = 68
* Recognize & Identify Prey by Sounds (90% base): 1d100 = 37
Skill Rolls:
* Computer Operations (95% base): 1d100 = 75
Conditions: "Recon Eye" removed

Alias: "Preacher" Kitteon Snow

Mane walk into the warehouse somewhat flummoxed that his best moves failed to so much is slightly impress the lady at dancy techno-music bar. Even so, Fate seemed to bless him with the ability to get enough information to fulfill his mission. Regardless, his ego would have been better satisfied if he got more than just a quick dance and a simple peck on the cheek from the hottie.

As the officers gathered to converse and discuss what they had found, Mane made his way over to one of the computers. Once there he plucked his Recon bionic eye from his skull, opened up the back of it, and from the small orb withdrew a small SD micro memory card. After popping the memory card into the computer, he had it download the full contents of the video surveillance he recorded at the techno-dance bar for immediate and later review. He added a few chapter stops to the video for easier referencing later on.

When he got to Snoopy's impressive dance number, Maine isolated the footage and made a copy of it. Gold like that could not be let go or vanish from memory.

"That's my man!"

When finished, the hulking cat wiped the memory from the SD card, reassembled his bionic eye, and put it back in his head. Once done with that, he stood ready to report his findings after the officers were ready to hear it. He began with an image of the bombshell technogirl on a monitor, making use of the video he just uploaded.

"While Operation: Copulation with the lovely lady was a complete bust, the actual mission parameters were somewhat more successful. Being a groupie of the merc' set, she was able to provide us with some valuable information on a number of our suspects."

Mane then advanced the video to the next chapter stop, freezing the image on that Gerold Titan.

"Gerold Titan... asexual bodyguard and killer for hire. Wasn't able to get much more on him so he does remain a person of interest.

Others mentioned include Henric Isold... cyborg pirate and certifiably crazy. However, he has nuerous mutants on his crew, including mutant animals. We can cross him off the list.

"Karen Page... insane M.O.M. user. Word of mouth says she'd rather fuck a mutant animal to death than actually cause one harm. We can most likely cross her off the list too.

"Yvonne Dade... she's been Mrs. Popular with one of the big merc companies down in Merctown, and has been so for roughly six months. We can definitely discount her as a suspect.

That's all I got."

With that said, Mane sat down on a nearby crate to let others present what they found. However, without mention or presentation the big cat advanced his video to Snoopy's impressive dance number and let it play on a loop.
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Drummond Leighton » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:13 pm

Perception: 24% vs 1d100 = 36 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 7, 1d100 = 39

Seeing the other members of his new team, he calls down, "Looks like they are back!" Under his breath he murmers, About time.

He comes down from his perch, his rifle slung across his back. He finds a seat and listens to the battle cat's story. He laughs as he hears the various descriptions of their suspects. Wow, this crew gives their mutant animals a free hand.

"So that leaves our guy, right? Falcone?" he looks over with a grin below his face plate, "Mane, you ready to catch a bird in in it's nest?
Drummond Leighton

Postby Mane » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:21 pm

Mane was fiddling with the beads in one of his braids of hair when the cyborg addressed him. The image of Snoopy's performance on the screen put him in mind of finding his happy place, which brought out the peace-loving hippy in him. Even distracted as he was, the flower-child of a killer eventually registered Drum's question. But instead of answering directly, the half-insane cat replied with a question in turn.

"Have you ever had the opportunity to meet one of your heroes? I know this guy is a sick-o in need of a good killin', but I can't shake the feeling that he's also an artist, and a talented one at that. His work stirs something deep down inside me... a part of me I haven't been in contact with for months now. So, I guess I am ready to meet him, but at the same time I'm equal parts giddy for the encounter, and anxious at the same time."

Mane mused fondly on the death-obsessed murder-machine he once was before his therapy treatments took all that away ... for the most part. For a reward for thinking such thoughts, his behavioral inhibitor implant gave him a sharp shock. The hulking cat twitched in response, not surprised the tiny machine objected to such thinking.

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:49 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 38
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 46

When the group left the bar, Grayson found himself flustered. His normal behavior of incessantly scanning the crowd for information and threats was nonexistent. Instead the scout had found himself thinking of open fields and forests of his youth, warmer climates of the Pecos badlands, and a powerfully attractive package that had blond hair and surprisingly no tan lines. Likewise, the walk back to their current base of operations had his mind focusing not on what he considered his job, but of the heat generated by flailing limbs and piles of hay.

Once back at the base, Greyson had a pensive expression clearly etched into his face, one that quickly flowed into shock before settling on angry when he viewed Mane's video of Snoopy dancing around at the bar as the big battle cat finished his report of what he should have been helping with. -How the fuck did I miss that?- The thought ignited a slow roiling rage inside himself, not at anyone else, at his blatant lack of focus that had just slapped him in the face. -Am I losing my edge? What the hell is going on with me?- As his thoughts spiraled down into darker and darker territories, ghosts of memories flickered to life and piled on. Faces of young kids, of friends, of comrades all swirling around inside as if taunting, accusing him of not paying attention and letting them die. -Do I even belong here anymore? Are they safe with me keeping watch over them?-

The sounds of continued conversation was lost amidst the self imposed torture of the scout's thoughts and memories.

((ooc: Sorry guys, still got a lot going on over here...but I will be forcing myself to get something up each week because you all deserve that. Hope everyone's New Year is going well.))
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
Running through his head currently
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/84
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

DS-1U Reinforced Duty Uniform
Mobility: Superior; no movement penalties of any kind.
M.D.C. by Location:
    • Arms (left): 5/5
    • Arms (right): 5/5
    • Legs (left): 8/8
    • Legs (right): 8/8
    • Main Body: 15/15
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 47/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 2; 1d100 = 60
Conditions: None.

Drummond Leighton wrote:"Hey Doc, I can see you've got some cybernetics of your own, they look pretty substantial under thermal imaging. What is your specialty? When get time I want my chassis upgraded to max, y'know? I've heard those Triax guys have robots that are stronger than an Enforcer. But beyond that armor, reflexes, on-board weaponry. The more I have the more utility. Maybe even a suite sound system and some retractable timpani drum pads so I can do some drumming, I'm pretty good I've been told."

James chuckles. "Yeah, very substantial. I am likely the top man in the Coalitions States when it comes to cybernetic and bionic sciences, though I suppose my specialty in that is neural implants. Triax does make a pretty strong Cyborg, and I've heard that there are some other nations that make even tougher ones. Though I have no personal knowledge of them. So if you have an idea of what you want, I can likely either design it or at the very least install it."

Drummond Leighton wrote:"It's been a while, do you think we should radio the others and find out their ETA, maybe they are in trouble." the cyborg says concern in his voice.

"They're fine. I would have gotten some manner of message if it were otherwise. James responds while stirring some ingrediants together.

Mane wrote:"While Operation: Copulation with the lovely lady was a complete bust, the actual mission parameters were somewhat more successful. Being a groupie of the merc' set, she was able to provide us with some valuable information on a number of our suspects."

Mane then advanced the video to the next chapter stop, freezing the image on that Gerold Titan.

"Gerold Titan... asexual bodyguard and killer for hire. Wasn't able to get much more on him so he does remain a person of interest.

Others mentioned include Henric Isold... cyborg pirate and certifiably crazy. However, he has nuerous mutants on his crew, including mutant animals. We can cross him off the list.

"Karen Page... insane M.O.M. user. Word of mouth says she'd rather fuck a mutant animal to death than actually cause one harm. We can most likely cross her off the list too.

"Yvonne Dade... she's been Mrs. Popular with one of the big merc companies down in Merctown, and has been so for roughly six months. We can definitely discount her as a suspect.

That's all I got."

James nods when he hears the details. "Seems thorough enough, and from what we got from the other merc, likely at least our target zone." James says as he pours a bit of seasoning into the mixing bowl. James is relatively quiet after that as he concentrayes on cooking the meal.
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:24 pm

Mane wrote:"Gerold Titan... asexual bodyguard and killer for hire. Wasn't able to get much more on him so he does remain a person of interest.

"Maybe from where you sat there cat, or towards your kind for sure, but I can tell you this bit of intel is no good. He was out of town though, for the incidents we're talking about, I'm quite certain. We talked a while," Snoopy says deadpan trying to hide the amount of fun that was. He hadn't let down at all when they were on their downtime, cramming in two advanced training courses at the same time like he did. But here, not only did his stupid plan actually turn up evidence, it's also just nice to have that kind of a chat. Even if you know it would never actually go anywhere.

He snaps back to focus, hopefully before anyone notices he'd lost it. He falls back to his normal business like--his business is being the best--manner. If Howlett is cooking thought, it's hard to pretend there's any sort of authoritative decorum about the place. So when things seem like they are falling apart from briefing mode, he walks over to his gear and starts cleaning and doing basic maintenance. He wishes that this could all keep moving forward at a rapid pace.
Snoopy
Out along the edge / Is always where I burn to be / The further on the edge / The hotter the intensity

And I fought with courage to preserve / Not my way of life but yours
Stats

Conditions:
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 27/27

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
• Range: 800' • Damage: 2d6 MD • Payload 30/30 LE-Clip / 2 LE-Clips
Vibro-Knife
• Damage: 1D6 M.D.
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
• Range: 2000' • Damage: 2D6 M.D. / 6D6 M.D. burst • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only • Payload: 30/30 per LE-Clip

Armor
CA-FS1 Armored Flight Suiit
• Helmet: 25/25 • Arms (left): 6/6 • Arms (right): 6/6 • Legs (left): 10/10 • Legs (right): 10/10 • Main Body: 22/22

Vehicle
Deathwing:
• Main Body of Wing: 174/290• Main Body of Armor: 149/180
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Mane » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:55 pm

Snoopy Toretto wrote:
Mane wrote:"Gerold Titan... asexual bodyguard and killer for hire. Wasn't able to get much more on him so he does remain a person of interest.

"Maybe from where you sat there cat, or towards your kind for sure, but I can tell you this bit of intel is no good. He was out of town though, for the incidents we're talking about, I'm quite certain. We talked a while,"

"Hmmmmmm..." the hulking cat intoned as the plot thickened and the list of suspects narrowed down. "...if that's the case, then we need to refocus our efforts on ... who's left on our suspect list?"

The growing smell of Howlett's culinary concoction was being to distract the cat, as he realized it had been a little while since he ate. A part of him drooled over the idea of a bloody T-bone steak the size of a car tire, slathered in mesquite with just a hint of gunpowder. Another part of him wanted nothing more than soy baked tofu fufu vegan garbage from the most holistically organic garden the area.

Mane realized he was getting off track. There was still work to be done.

"So how do want to proceeded, boss? I say we start killing the people on our short-list and wait and see if that did the trick."

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:49 pm

Time: 1325 by end of post.

About this time, James finishes the food and the team gets it all passed out and everyone sits down for a strategy session. The team's drivers all get some as well, though they go back to their own semi for the time being.

They have the place, the floorplans, and the people. Now just to make contact with Fang and hopefully find their killer. Just need to solidify the approach and head out.

Posted for ease of access:
Officer Brief
The in depth info on the Falcon's Nest and its clientele is minimal, but Marcus is able to give the officers a good run down of the place. It occupies a space once belonging to another bar that the owner bought out a few years back. As such he knows what the layout should look like.

The owner is Gerry Falcone, a shipping company owner who has a side business in all the businesses his employees frequent. It's a family owned business that is pretty obviously a front for organized crime. He employs mutant animals because they work for less than the human and d-bee psychics they replace. Their work ethic is another selling point. He prefers mostly human or human looking d-bees otherwise. Fang is supposed to have taken a job as bouncer at the bar, but its possible he moved into other employment with Falcone.

Falcon's Nest Probable Floor Plan

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby James Howlett » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:06 am

Perception: 1d100 = 79/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 61

James sits at the conference table with a small plate of food and his computer. "So we have a layout, a possible victim, and several possible killers. There are three points of entry and a possible bar full of hostiles. I propose a three prong method of attack. One group will keep a watch on the entryways, denying the quarry a chance to escape. a Second group will enter and take up positions inside to identify and react to possible threats, while the final group will approach Fang, and see if he can provide an actual target. Now this is what I've come up with, I am willing to listen to alternative plans for this operation." James says before taking a few bites of his food.
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Mane » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:32 pm

Mane sat there, eatting the delicacy prepared for him and the others by boss himself. While he would have liked more, he wasn't the only one there. Regardless, the meal was sufficient enough to get his mind back on track.

He examined the schematics of the facility and nodded knowingly and enthusiastically. Finally! Something that's more in my skill-set! the SWAT-trained cat thought to himself with a little excitement.

"Sir, I volunteer for Team Two. My recent training is a solid match for that job. Mane then paused before adding another thought on the matter. "Also, we need to keep in mind that a place like this may have one or two secret ways in and out. Possibly a secret basement too. It could be helpful if our sneaky sniper gave it a discrete look-see. Egan?"

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Drummond Leighton » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:55 pm

Perception: 24% vs 1d100 = 60 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 51

Drum listens and eats as Doc outlines his plan. "There's only a half-dozen of us and an unknown quantity of people inside. If Fang is just a bouncer, it seems doubtful he's a resident there, why not wait for him to come out and we 'invite'," a dull clank as one fist meets the palm of another, "him to discuss what he knows in a quiet spot of our choosing." If things go FUBAR inside we could be in serious trouble. It's not like we can just go in fully armed.

With Mane volunteering for team 2, Drum adds, "If we are sticking with the plan as outlined, perhaps I should be with team 3. So if things do go south, there's something to be shot at while the rest get out."
Drummond Leighton

Postby Egan Grey » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:34 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 35
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 16

The smell of food, and a grumbling stomach brought the scout's mind back to the present. Getting a plate for himself, he returned back to his seat and forced himself to pay attention to the conversation going on around him.
Conversation so far wrote:
James Howlett wrote:"So we have a layout, a possible victim, and several possible killers. There are three points of entry and a possible bar full of hostiles. I propose a three prong method of attack. One group will keep a watch on the entryways, denying the quarry a chance to escape. a Second group will enter and take up positions inside to identify and react to possible threats, while the final group will approach Fang, and see if he can provide an actual target. Now this is what I've come up with, I am willing to listen to alternative plans for this operation."
Mane wrote:"Sir, I volunteer for Team Two. My recent training is a solid match for that job. Mane then paused before adding another thought on the matter. "Also, we need to keep in mind that a place like this may have one or two secret ways in and out. Possibly a secret basement too. It could be helpful if our sneaky sniper gave it a discrete look-see. Egan?"
Drummond Leighton wrote: "There's only a half-dozen of us and an unknown quantity of people inside. If Fang is just a bouncer, it seems doubtful he's a resident there, why not wait for him to come out and we 'invite'," a dull clank as one fist meets the palm of another, "him to discuss what he knows in a quiet spot of our choosing."Drum adds, "If we are sticking with the plan as outlined, perhaps I should be with team 3. So if things do go south, there's something to be shot at while the rest get out."
Hearing his name, Egan's mind went through some processes given the layout and the known issues that he remembered as Drum spoke his mind. Speaking after the Borg was finished. "If Fang is fulfilling his role as a bouncer when we go, it is possible we could get him at the door."
-Wouldn't that be easy...- Rang out inside the scout's head before he sighed to himself. -But, that wouldn't be our luck.-
Becoming verbal once more, Egan addressed the big cat's thoughts. "The owner probably does have some hidey-holes inside the place. As for underground routes, that is another possibility. We would have to check and see if he owns any other nearby businesses as those could be linked together. But I'm not sure if I could find those entrances without having some serious time poking around the place." The scout gives the group a shrug before continuing. "If we want to do some breaking and entering before hand I can give it a shot. Otherwise, I would consider myself to be on Team 1. A two man crew can cover all known entrances and exits as well as each other. Only problem being we'd be pretty easy to spot in this kind of weather just hanging around outside...and if there is a passage in the alley that would require a third." Taking a bite of food, the scout chews slowly trying to work over the problem in his mind.

Skill Rolls
    [Intelligence – 71%, 1d100 = 84, FAIL] - To think about other ways to either prove or disprove of secret pathways
    [Streetwise – 56%, 1d100 = 92, FAIL] - To try and figure out a way to watch the business from the outside without standing out like a sore thumb in the cold.
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
Running through his head currently
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/84
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

DS-1U Reinforced Duty Uniform
Mobility: Superior; no movement penalties of any kind.
M.D.C. by Location:
    • Arms (left): 5/5
    • Arms (right): 5/5
    • Legs (left): 8/8
    • Legs (right): 8/8
    • Main Body: 15/15
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Casper Wilpepper » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:53 am

Perception: 1d100 = 62/26%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 13

Casper picks over the food and listens to the plan James lays out. Casper inputs one of his own. "Why not have someone watch him and once everything is winding down for the night, we talk to him then. Of course that might include a phyiscal approach, but even so everyone except maybe the staff should at least have the opportunity to be drunk to one degree or another."

"But, failing that I'd like be of most use talking to Fang directly." he adds, still unsure of his footing with this unit.
Casper Wilpepper
Alias: Codex
Casper Wilpepper
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:07 pm

Drummond Leighton wrote: "There's only a half-dozen of us and an unknown quantity of people inside."

"*Pfffft*" Mane scoffed, almost unconsciously. When he realized that was out loud, he figured he may as well interject his thoughts. "The element of surprise is one hell of a force multiplier. Even if we're outgunned three to one, with the right start and a sufficient level of violence, they'd have no chance."

The mere prospect of taking enjoyment out of the violence of his work made his behavioral inhibitor give him a warning buzz.

Drummond Leighton wrote:"If Fang is just a bouncer, it seems doubtful he's a resident there, why not wait for him to come out and we 'invite'," a dull clank as one fist meets the palm of another, "him to discuss what he knows in a quiet spot of our choosing."

Mane shrugged then nodded in agreement.
"... Yeah, that works too. Not as much fun, but it could get the job done."

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:43 pm

Perception 1d100 = 94/64
JIC 1d20 = 10
JIC 1d100 = 98

Military Tactics 1d100 = 11/94% -- determine best routes in and out of the building and likely tactical challenges
    Intelligence 1d100 = 4/68% -- validate the intel they received vs what the plan shows
    Detect Ambush 1d100 = 25/63% -- determine the best place to wait outside for any runners, where to position people to stop them

Snoopy eats. And he listens. He thinks. This is a classic scenario. He analyses it. Taking the other soldier's opinions and thoughts in mind, Snoopy forms his own. But he doesn't care to object with Howlett's assessment though. "If the boss goes in, I'll stay out, or other way around. One of us should stay back so we both don't get killed."

He doesn't like the three entrances, or all the rooms in the back. It seems like a nightmare scenario for a quick in-and-out. He looks at the plan again. He doesn't really like it.

However. He's as gung-ho a soldier boy as the best of them, so he can't help feeling that a highly trained group of Coalition Army Special Forces will make short work of any pathetic mercenaries or criminals. "Boss has a plan, and we are the best, just because we're, uh, alternately attired, doesn't mean we are any less the best."
Snoopy
Out along the edge / Is always where I burn to be / The further on the edge / The hotter the intensity

And I fought with courage to preserve / Not my way of life but yours
Stats

Conditions:
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 27/27

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
• Range: 800' • Damage: 2d6 MD • Payload 30/30 LE-Clip / 2 LE-Clips
Vibro-Knife
• Damage: 1D6 M.D.
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
• Range: 2000' • Damage: 2D6 M.D. / 6D6 M.D. burst • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only • Payload: 30/30 per LE-Clip

Armor
CA-FS1 Armored Flight Suiit
• Helmet: 25/25 • Arms (left): 6/6 • Arms (right): 6/6 • Legs (left): 10/10 • Legs (right): 10/10 • Main Body: 22/22

Vehicle
Deathwing:
• Main Body of Wing: 174/290• Main Body of Armor: 149/180
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Mane » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:56 am

Snoopy Toretto wrote:"Boss has a plan, and we are the best, just because we're, uh, alternately attired, doesn't mean we are any less the best."

Mane gave a single hard nod in firm agreement. "Now that's the can-do attitude I expect out of this team! All we need now is to decide to go in hard or smooth. Personally, I prefer hard with all due brutality... but then again that's more me playing up to my strong suit."

The bold Battle Cat then looked over to the boss, Howlett. Ultimately it would be his call. Either way it went down, Mane honestly didn't mind. One way or another he was most likely going to get blood on his claws.

With the relish of the passing thought of taking momentairy delight in the dance of death, Mane braced himself for a jolt from his brain implant. But the moment passed, and no zap was delivered. Was the implant smart enough to distinguish between work and pleasure?

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 66/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 52

Mane wrote:"Sir, I volunteer for Team Two. My recent training is a solid match for that job. Mane then paused before adding another thought on the matter. "Also, we need to keep in mind that a place like this may have one or two secret ways in and out. Possibly a secret basement too. It could be helpful if our sneaky sniper gave it a discrete look-see. Egan?"

James nods. "We will scout it out first before, moving in to our positions."

Drummond Leighton wrote: "There's only a half-dozen of us and an unknown quantity of people inside. If Fang is just a bouncer, it seems doubtful he's a resident there, why not wait for him to come out and we 'invite'," a dull clank as one fist meets the palm of another, "him to discuss what he knows in a quiet spot of our choosing."

That would be a good idea, if we believed he was going to lie. Given the situation in this town, I do not see this being a problem. Plus I would like it to look less assault and more coincidental." James says. He's eager. James thinks.

Drummond Leighton wrote:With Mane volunteering for team 2, Drum adds, "If we are sticking with the plan as outlined, perhaps I should be with team 3. So if things do go south, there's something to be shot at while the rest get out."

James again nods. "Noted."

Egan Grey wrote:"If Fang is fulfilling his role as a bouncer when we go, it is possible we could get him at the door."

James nods. "That would be convenient, and would speed up the process." James says with a soft smile at the scout.

Egan Grey wrote:"The owner probably does have some hidey-holes inside the place. As for underground routes, that is another possibility. We would have to check and see if he owns any other nearby businesses as those could be linked together. But I'm not sure if I could find those entrances without having some serious time poking around the place." The scout gives the group a shrug before continuing. "If we want to do some breaking and entering before hand I can give it a shot. Otherwise, I would consider myself to be on Team 1. A two man crew can cover all known entrances and exits as well as each other. Only problem being we'd be pretty easy to spot in this kind of weather just hanging around outside...and if there is a passage in the alley that would require a third."

"How long do you think you would need?" James asks once Egan is done talking.

Casper Wilpepper wrote:"Why not have someone watch him and once everything is winding down for the night, we talk to him then. Of course that might include a phyiscal approach, but even so everyone except maybe the staff should at least have the opportunity to be drunk to one degree or another."

"But, failing that I'd like be of most use talking to Fang directly." he adds, still unsure of his footing with this unit.

James again nods. "Noted."

Snoopy Toretto wrote:"If the boss goes in, I'll stay out, or other way around. One of us should stay back so we both don't get killed."

James again nods. "That was the plan."

Snoopy Toretto wrote:"Boss has a plan, and we are the best, just because we're, uh, alternately attired, doesn't mean we are any less the best."

James smirks. He's taking to his role well.

"So group one will consist of Sergeant Grey and myself. Group two Private Leighton and Private Mane, you will make your way inside and provide operational security. Group three Lieutenant Torreto and Specialist Wilpepper will approach the target and determine what Fang may know. If Fang is located at the door, Group two will assist group one." James says with a pause. "I want this to be clean as possible, but if the shit hits the fan. Show the no mercy. This killer is late for his death, lets make it happen."
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Return to CS Special Operations Group Adventure Forum