The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Government and Business District.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Wakiza » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:01 pm

Rolls as above

Wakiza nods, "Sound good. We still haven't committed to the job ourselves. Need to see the objectives, any intel and the pay structure before anyone commits." Wak walks over to Mercenary Plaza, with a train of Spooks.

Heading HERE
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:48 pm

Vheld wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 15, Original post: 1d100 = 94
PER: Original post: 1d100 = 81 vs. 51%

Lore: Demons and Monsters- Original post: 1d100 = 20 vs. 99%
Lore: Magic- Original post: 1d100 = 2 vs. 94%
Lore: Faeries and Creatures of Magic- Original post: 1d100 = 33 vs. 94%
Lore: Psychics and Psionics- Original post: 1d100 = 94 vs. 94%
Lore: D-Bee- Original post: 1d100 = 55 vs. 64%
Mythology- Original post: 1d100 = 79 vs. 89%
All for trying to ascertain the source of the attack, assuming that's what it is.


Vheld will return to the common area and wait for his minions' report, watching the others silently. When Lahz comes down, he says "You and Minerva take a load off and recover. If that was a directed attack, there might be another one inbound." When Wakiza arrives, Vheld will follow Carl out and watch the knight from under the hood of his cowl. On the one hand, cyber-knights aren't going to be too fond of Vheld and his menagerie, but on the other Vheld met a few in Tolkeen that could put all that aside for the greater good. Hopefully this one falls in the latter camp. Vheld will follow both Wak and Carl back inside and listen to the subsequent discussion.

Carl wrote: "I do not have a problem with accompanying him to whomever this person offering the contract is so we can hear the full story. What do the rest of you think?"
"If the Grey Seers are truly involved, then we are dealing with a threat on a planetary scale at the very least. We should get involved- if we don't, likely we will be involved against our will down the road, after the threat has had time to grow stronger."

Barring any disagreement from the others, Vheld will follow Wak.
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres: 1000/1000 PPE (30d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Carl » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:36 pm

((Rolls Carried))
Vheld wrote:"If the Grey Seers are truly involved, then we are dealing with a threat on a planetary scale at the very least. We should get involved- if we don't, likely we will be involved against our will down the road, after the threat has had time to grow stronger."
*A threat on a planetary scale? Exactly what I did not what to hear.* Carl follows Wak to the Mercenary Plaza.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Whisper » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:03 am

Perception: 1d100 = 73/58%
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 18;JIC d100: 1d100 = 15

"Aw, fuck it.", mumbles Whisper. "Lemmie get m'guns.", she says, hurrying to get her four particle beam pistols and two TX-6s. Explaining to Lulu what's going on, she shrugs into her body armor, straps handguns everywhere and rushes back to join Carl. Hmm...can't really carry more than this..., she thinks wistfully.


<<Off to the Plaza>>
Last edited by Whisper on Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Minerva » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 61/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 63

Vheld wrote:"You and Minerva take a load off and recover. If that was a directed attack, there might be another one inbound."

"I'm fine. Thank you." ¿Cómo pasó eso mis defensas mentales? Debo estar debilitándome. Entrenaré más duro cada día hasta que sea impenetrable.

At the break to gear up, Martina Graciela Minerva Valdez gets fully suited up in her Stalker Suit, Crystal Armor, Cloak, and weaponry to head out to the Mercenary Plaza.

Translation
¿Cómo pasó eso mis defensas mentales? Debo estar debilitándome. Entrenaré más duro cada día hasta que sea impenetrable.=How did that get past my mental defenses? I must be getting weak. I will train harder every day until I am impenetrable.
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:13 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 58 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: 1d100 = 98

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary & Suspicious], [[Telemechanic Mental Operation (12 ISP, 120', 8.00 Min]], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 81

With the determination that there is a larger task at hand, and feeling recovered, Lahz straps on his heavy pistol and Drone Command Gauntlet and heads to [[ The Plaza ]]
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:52 am

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 64 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: 1d100 = 27

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Thoughtful]

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 25




Lahz returns to the Haunt clad in his Roadrunner Power Armor and heads for the lounge, "Ray! Where the hell are ya? ... Alfred, take a voice message for Aurelia ... Honey. Quick mission into the Magic Zone, some cult is trying to summon something called Nxyla. Might be swinging by Psyscape. Planning to take Ray and Tony. Kit and Rex will remain on personal guard detail. Not sure if we're leaving tomorrow or if we have a couple days."

He straps on some additional gear [Long Knife, 3 spare E clips], and tosses the keys to the Road King Armored SUV towards Ray [Pilot Hover Craft 96%], "We're going to the Ogre's Den in the Warrens. Well, you're watching the car and shooting people that try to take it. Maybe I should get you a 2nd gun. Nah, you go ahead and handle things with the Hammer if you need to. Me and Tony will be inside so radio if you believe assistance is necessary."

Whisper wrote:"Hey, um, Lahz. Can you please do me a favor? Can you get me another shotgun for my PA? And some drum mags? And a bunch o' ammo? I'll be needin' another pistol fer my PA...And I'll pay ya back. With interest?"


Lahz looks over at Ray with a shrug, "Sure, no problem", "Upon further reflection, we will need to make a couple stops then you can drop me at the Ogre's Den, then head for Wellingtons in the Amrs Bazaar and pick up 2 WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher [Merc-Ops Pg 100], nah, better make it 4 of them, in case we need spare parts. I will make Whisper her 2nd 'Matching PA Pistol, but given the number of shots you can get off of one of those, maybe Tony and I should also have those rigged up as sidearms. Silver shotgun shells may be a good fallback ..."

The Psi-Tech retrieves one of his credit-sticks from his room [Unsecured Universal Card: 9,280,900 credits (Ace of Spades 10-30-18)],

Lahz hops into the heavily armored SUV with Ray as a chauffeur, and Tony following on foot (since he can do over 100 MPH and this is likely ~20-30 MPH through MercTown).

[[ MercTown State Bank ]]



WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun/Grenade Launcher [Merc-Ops Pg 100, Cost: 30,000, "Drum of Shotgun Rounds costs 32 Credits", however those will be standard (not Silver)].
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Whisper » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 15/33%+15% from amplified hearing
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 13;JIC d100: 1d100 = 27

By the time the team hits the Haunt, Lily is staggering around and barely standing, still clutching her bottle of peach schnapps.
"Lemmie in. Sally? Where ya? Where? Is...effin' r'bot..."
The best night so far. Should'a got that waitress' name...

Her robotic doppleganger promptly and professionally assists with getting Lily off to bed, but not before Lily is able to leave several increasingly annoyed messages for Lulu.
Bitch didn't even say hi.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:49 pm

Vheld wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 1, Original post: 1d100 = 90
PER: Original post: 1d100 = 65 vs. 51%


As is typical for Vheld, the shifter returns to the Haunt and immediately retreats to his quarters to bury his nose in a grimoire. While Vheld's obsession drives him to chide himself for the wasted time with the others, his heart isn't truly in it. They seem like reasonable enough people, and capable. Perhaps they will prove useful on our upcoming mission. Vheld will remain in his studies until the time comes to get a little sleep, which he does, before rising before dawn. He will resume his studies before, atypically, going downstairs and sitting in the common area until the others stir.

Carl's silence during the briefing, and absence since then, have not gone unnoticed by the shifter. He is concerned that the team's leader has left them again, but waits to be sure. Once the others are up, he will mentally send Sil around to sniff at Carl's room. If Carl emerges and resumes command, Vheld will squelch his doubts with a flash of relief. If, however, Carl proves absent or absentee as a leader, Vheld realizes that he will have to do something about it.

Should that prove to be the case, he will find Lahz and corner him. Abruptly, Vheld will say "Lahz. I would speak with you." Waiting until the others are busy with whatever mundane preparations they require before their mission, Vheld continues. "It appears that Carl has left us- that is his own business, but in his absence the leadership of this company is mine. To be frank, my goals extend beyond the Spook Squad, and I have no desire to command it. However, it has proven most... useful to me and I would not see it fall apart under an unsuitable leader. You are the next most senior member to myself in this company, and you bear the recommendation of our former commander Sir Thorn. Thus, effective immediately I am handing over command of the Spook Squad to you. You may retain me as your second or in whatever advisory capacity you see fit; I care little. But I think we can both agree that I am... less than ideal for being the face of this company. Inform the others however you will; I wish to finalize my own preparations for our mission."

Should Vheld have any substantial down-time prior to starting their mission, he will spend it in his studies.
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres: 1000/1000 PPE (30d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Minerva » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 84/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 12

Minerva returns from the bar, having had a lovely time with Jack from the Roughnecks but having a weird feeling about Mercedes. Definitivamente ella parecía como si me hubiera tirado por un acantilado. Ojos abiertos para eso. Upon reaching her room, she waters her plants and relaxes until sleep.

Day of the mission, she heads to the haunt's gymnasium to get some exercise before being cooped up in a vehicle.


Translation
Definitivamente ella parecía como si me hubiera tirado por un acantilado. Ojos abiertos para eso.=She definitely seemed like she'd throw me over a cliff if she could. Eyes open for that one.
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:30 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 93 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 20
JiC D100: 1d100 = 95

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Thoughtful], Roadrunner PA (No Helmet)

ISP: 179/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 36



Vheld wrote:Should that prove to be the case, he will find Lahz and corner him. Abruptly, Vheld will say "Lahz. I would speak with you." Waiting until the others are busy with whatever mundane preparations they require before their mission, Vheld continues. "It appears that Carl has left us- that is his own business, but in his absence the leadership of this company is mine. To be frank, my goals extend beyond the Spook Squad, and I have no desire to command it. However, it has proven most... useful to me and I would not see it fall apart under an unsuitable leader. You are the next most senior member to myself in this company, and you bear the recommendation of our former commander Sir Thorn. Thus, effective immediately I am handing over command of the Spook Squad to you. You may retain me as your second or in whatever advisory capacity you see fit; I care little. But I think we can both agree that I am... less than ideal for being the face of this company. Inform the others however you will; I wish to finalize my own preparations for our mission."


Lahz looks up from some sketch designs for some large shotguns for conversion into cannon-like pistols as Vheld enters the common room and listens to the taciturn spell-slinger until he's said his piece, "Alright. I can handle direction in the field. Consider yourself #2, but you are well aware that you have plenty of mystic knowledge that's outside my knowledge base ... That said, now that we are back here in the Haunt, I figure I will give you a heads-up. I grew up in Psyscape. My father Finn is a decorated Psi-Warrior who fought for decades to keep the City safe before the City withdrew to the Astral Plane. He and my older brother Nowak are members of Psycape's defense force. I left there oh ... maybe 50 years ago or so. I went back after Tolkeen but only lasted a couple days ... I couldn't mask very well and my inclination to judge and execute was considered extreme ... I guess I have mellowed a bit. But anyways, if we end up going as far as Psyscape we may even find help there. I just saw no point in telling tales for our temporary comrades."

The Elf listens to any response given by Vheld, then bids him good night so the Shifter can complete his preparations and Lahz can try and get the damn handles done on 3 weapons and still spend a few hours with his wife and daughter before shipping out. We will have Ray re-pack the pre-loaded shotgun 'magazines' with the 500 silver-loaded buckshot shells [60 per clip, so 8 Clips, with 20 rounds left over].

Weapons Engineer [83%]: 1d100 = 77 Whisper's Gun
Weapons Engineer [83%]: 1d100 = 7 Lahz's Gun (for Marauder)
Weapons Engineer [83%]: 1d100 = 23 Tony's Gun

This should result in 3 Large auto-shotgun-type 'sidearms' for folks ~10-12 ft tall (Whisper already has 1), and 2 clips of silver bullets for each gun.

Weapons Engineer [83%]: 1d100 = 97 Not Needed because he only had to convert 3 guns. He got 4 out of an abundance of caution but was successful so he is Ok.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:50 am

Lahz wrote:"Alright. I can handle direction in the field. Consider yourself #2, but you are well aware that you have plenty of mystic knowledge that's outside my knowledge base ... That said, now that we are back here in the Haunt, I figure I will give you a heads-up. I grew up in Psyscape. My father Finn is a decorated Psi-Warrior who fought for decades to keep the City safe before the City withdrew to the Astral Plane. He and my older brother Nowak are members of Psycape's defense force. I left there oh ... maybe 50 years ago or so. I went back after Tolkeen but only lasted a couple days ... I couldn't mask very well and my inclination to judge and execute was considered extreme ... I guess I have mellowed a bit. But anyways, if we end up going as far as Psyscape we may even find help there. I just saw no point in telling tales for our temporary comrades."
"Affirmative. I believe that we will work well together in these new capacities."

Vheld strokes his chin at Lahz's revelation. "Intriguing. If we have an 'in' with the community, they might be more willing to help us. Or at least, provide more useful information than we've been able to glean on this Nxla here in town. I shall follow your lead with regards to how much we divulge to the other members of this expedition, including fellow members of the Spook Squad. But we may need you to speak for us if it comes to that."

With that, Vheld will retire- rising early as usual to putter around his study before joining the rest of the team on their trip out of town.

((--> Adventure thread))
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres: 1000/1000 PPE (30d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Thu May 16, 2019 2:18 am

JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 76
Init: 1d20 = 13
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 56
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 78
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 74

Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear

Skills - N/A
Pilot: Automobile -- 68% / 1d100 = 87 - find good parking spot
Research -- 62% / 1d100 = 46 - watch the area
Streetwise -- 42% / 1d100 = 17 - watch for criminal types (locate not interact)
Surveillance -- 44% / 1d100 = 28 - Find good angle for hidden truck cam
T.V./Video -- 42% / 1d100 = 48 - use hidden truck cam
Photography -- 47% / 1d100 = 47 - use still camera
Computer Operation 60% / 1d100 = 98 - sync tie mic and hoidden truck camera to tablet
Intelligence 32% / 1d100 = 27 - fiqure out which of the “help” to talk to


Seymour Parks the rig in an alley near the spa. ” This should do it. Clear angle, good line of sight.” with a grin and a quick rubbing of his hands, Seymour digs thru his bag for his camera gear. ” Hmmm.. Let's try tourist. That usually works to get me into places like this.” He removes his press hat and runs his hand thru his hair. He closes his eyes and takes a breath to calm himself. Then with a determined look in his eye, Seymour starts to dress for his role.

He grabs his casual clothes, then he places his still camera around his neck and the film in a pocket. Smiling, he adds a tie clasp microphone to his coat lapel. ’this I will sync to my tablet.” he lays out his harness and checks the pockets. ’ I may have to repack this if I am to be a tourist.” He then takes the time to make sure his “bug” collection is secure. Then when happy with his look, he exits the rig and heads back to the cab. Jumping up, he attaches a wall mount camera behind him so it can see out the windshield. ”Now to sync that camera and my tie mic to my tablet.” Once that is done, Seymour jumps down, locks truck and starts to walk towards the spa. As he meanders down the road, he watches for criminal types, and any law enforcement types. Occasionally taking pictures. Of structurs, people (with permission), and exotic critters.

As he passes the Spook HQ, he rembers something. Seymour stops and sees the plaque. ”That’s right!” He reaches into his harness and ulls out his notebook. Scanning the pages, he stops and looks up. ”Spook Squad HQ. Yup, this is it. Now to meet a great mutant.” with a littlefull body shake to get out his nervousness, He approaches the door. ”Fritz said return with pics, not return right away. I got time.’ He knocks and waits, taking a few pics of his surroundings as he does so.
Seymour Ruiz
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=17490#p1361731
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: None
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Tue May 21, 2019 3:00 pm

((ROLLS HELD))

Post -
Seymour looks at the gate in front of him. ”This is too quiet. Something is up.” he steps back from the gate and examines the area. Looking around he realizes the chances of anyone being inside is slim to none. With a shrug, he wanders down the street, looking at shop woindows and whatnot for 2 blocks, then turns around and does the same for 4 blocks and finally returns to the Haunt.

As he approaches the gate once again, Seymour takes out his pocket mirror and gives himself a quick once over. " Looking Good, Ruiz.” With a smile, he presses the button on the gate and awaits a response.
Seymour Ruiz
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=17490#p1361731
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: None
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Dodsrike » Wed May 22, 2019 5:28 pm

Conditions:
Date: Summer, Friday, June 2, 111 P.A.
Time: 1200
Environmental Effects: None; 90°, dead calm
Location: Merc Town, The Haunt


Mierln finds that her access codes to The Haunt still work, in fact it looks like her room might even still be empty. She is greeted by Alfred, who politely informs her that the Spooks are out on a mission at the moment. Being back in The Haunt brings back memories, of all kinds. She hasn't been there long when a beautiful elven woman walks in on her, looking surprised to see anyone there. "I wasn't aware the Spooks left anyone here, did you not go out on their mission with them?" The woman barely waits for an answer before shaking her head. "No matter, I need someone to do me a favor. Something Lahz ordered has come in, and he said if it was possible to get it to him as soon as it came in. Seeing as you're here, and apparently a member of the Spooks, can you deliver it?"

Right about the time she finishes, Mierln hears Alfred say "Someone is at the gate. Should I let them in?"

Seymour doesn't have to wait for long before he hears a voice coming out of a speaker "The Haunt, residence of the Spooks. Deliveries are around back. Couriers need to present proper ID. I will announce you now." The voice sounds very crisp and precise, almost mechanical in it's delivery.

What are you doing?
User avatar
Dodsrike
Game Master
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Wed May 22, 2019 6:23 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 4
Init: 1d20 = 3
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 47
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 95
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 1

Conditions:
Normal loadout of gear

Seymour doesn't have to wait for long before he hears a voice coming out of a speaker "The Haunt, residence of the Spooks. Deliveries are around back. Couriers need to present proper ID. I will announce you now." The voice sounds very crisp and precise, almost mechanical in it's delivery.


Seymour takes a little stwp back in surprise. ”Just as i was about to give up.” He clears his throat. ’Yes?? Hi, My name is Seymour Ruiz. I am travelling from Laredo. I am in search of one Mr. Grott? I am a reporter and would lobve to speak to him. One mutant to another.”
Seymour Ruiz
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=17490#p1361731
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: None
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Previous

Return to The Hub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests