Beyond Broken Door

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Alays » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:24 am

Perception: 1d100:
2
/ 39%
JIC: 1d20:
7

JIC: 1d100:
21

A: Sixth Sense, Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange, Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple, Silenced, Enhanced Reflexes

Alays forms a smile as the Sunaj's protective barrier fades away. His eyes locked on the Sunaj's. Teeth clenched in anger and his muscles poised for another attack. Finally. Now I can get in close enough for the final strike. Just a few more swings. A heavy weight of disappointment falls over him as his opponent leaps to safety. Gritting his teeth harder, Alays dashes over to his rifle and picks it up. Lobbing a couple of grenades in close vicinity to where the Sunaj landed on the rooftop. Die like the coward that you are.

Taking a moment to reassess the situation at hand, Alays checks in on his new comrades, as well as himself. He uses this moment to unjam his rifle. Afterwards he takes up a more defensive position. I need a new strategy. Head long into danger seems not so fruitful. I wonder who the posses off to warrant these type of mercs. Maybe I got way in over my head this time. "What did you guys do to earn this type of wrath? How is your friend doing? Is she going to make it?" Alays asks as he keeps his eyes open for another assault.

Initiative: (+4) (+7) 1d20+7 = 19:
12

Action per Melee round: 7 (8)

Action 1: Move and pick up LG6 Rifle

Action 2: Attack with grenade launcher on NG-LG6 Rifle strike: 1d20+4 = 21:
17
/ damage: 1d6+4 = 6:
2


Action 3: Attack with grenade launcher on NG-LG6 Rifle strike: 1d20+4 = 21:
17
/ damage: 1d6+4 = 8:
4


Action 4: Attack with grenade launcher on NG-LG6 Rifle strike: 1d20+4 = 11:
7
/ damage: 1d6+4 = 6:
2


Action 5: Attempt to unjam rifle

Action 6: Attempt to unjam rifle or Reserved for Dodge 1d20+5 = 8:
3


Action 7: Attempt to unjam rifle or Reserved for Dodge 1d20+5 = 22:
17


Action 8: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+5 = 21:
16


Rolls for parry: 8d20:
20, 12, 18, 10, 3, 8, 14, 19
rolls do not include bonus of +5, (+7 if using vibro-knife)

Rolls for Auto-dodge: 8d20:
10, 17, 17, 4, 18, 7, 1, 14
rolls do not include bonus of +2
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:34 am

Rolls carried

Alays wrote: "What did you guys do to earn this type of wrath? How is your friend doing? Is she going to make it?" Alays asks as he keeps his eyes open for another assault.


"We took a job and they really want our primary," Weiss replies as he hurriedly deploys the medical device, "they don't take no for an answer and react really violently. The feeling is getting mutual. Sorry you signed up?"

Weiss looks pensive as he waits for the devices to kick in on Ashlynn, not knowing if they were working. Of course, with his face completely hidden behind his helmet, this wasn't obvious to anybody.
"You got any medical training?

Come on come on, work!
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:37 pm

Ronith wrote:Initiative: Original post: 1d20+10 = 26:
16

JIC: Original post: 1d20:
15
, Original post: 1d100:
52

PER: Original post: 1d100:
57
vs. 66% (+15% hearing)
APM: 9


Weiss wrote:"Trying to save Ash. Holler if you need me."
"With luck, Frostfang stabilized her. If not, just do what you can. I shall be there as soon as I can." Just hold on Ashylynn.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 66/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:25 pm

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 5:30pm
Climate: 58F, partly cloudy
Visibility: 1 mile
Terrain: Warehouse District,
Moderate radio traffic
Magic in heavy use. Detectable everywhere.


Ronith

Ronith springs at the out of control melee but shifts his trajectory in an attempt to save Ashlynn's life. Like a spring wind he arrives out of nowhere to Weiss and the merc's eyes, lays his blade to Ash's form and disappears again just as quick. His movement is just enough to catch the eye of the lieutenant who has one hand firmly grasping McGrath's arm as he tries to step through a portal at his feet. As Ronith watches him begin to drag McGrath down, several points on his torso erupt in gore as an enraged Barracuda drives King Tide through the Sunaj's back.

The eyes of the remaining Sunaj jump to his fallen leader leaving Ronith a perfect opening. Pinched between Ronith, Barracuda and Beltin the Sunaj falls quickly, Frostfang dealing the fatal blow.

With the last Sunaj's death, the remaining merc puts up a forcefield but raises their hands in surrender.

Grant

Grant finds himself atop a warehouse a thousand feet to the west as the pair emerge from the teleport. The grimace of surprise at Grant's sudden travel on the tail of the Sunaj leader is pronounced. Plunging the shadow blade into the netted form of his opponent, Grant watches as he grinds his teeth in pain. Finally he spits his blood at the Magus. "For hate's sake, I spit at thee." he exhales before snarling and coughing as his body convulses, the last traces of life leaving his body. Grant stands up in the light of the westering sun and looks back at the distant struggle of the Heroes for Hire.

Weiss

Weiss applies the nanobots. They do seem to be stopping the bleeding, or Ashlynn is running out of blood. Then suddenly out of nowhere, Ronith appears, gently and skillfully laying a blade against Ashlynn before disappearing again just as suddenly.

Ronith's blade seems to heal the physical body but there is still no pulse. While certainly no doctor himself, he's aware enough to know that she needs her heart restarted somehow and the kit doesn't seem able to perform that function. Having seen chest compression used before at some point, he decides to give it a try. Be begins mimicking what he had seen before in hopes that something is better than nothing.

Barracuda

Enraged at the slipperiness of their enemy, Ronith and Barracuda's noverbal plan of action is less a tactical plan and closer to a force a nature. As Ronith's path swings wide, Barracuda homes in on the closest Sunaj who seems focused on McGrath, Beltin and Ronith. A shower of sparks fly as King Tide is force through the back of the Sunaj's armor, grating against metal and bone, splattering McGrath-Whyne's form in crimson from his opponent. Steering the now lifeless form to the ground, he frees King Tide and along with Ronith and Beltin destroy the other remaining Sunaj with ease. The last merc puts up a shield and surrenders, hands up.

Ashlynn

Ashlynn turns away from the woman, determined not to give up yet. Suddenly she floats in darkness, unable to make head or tails of anything. Faintly she begins to hear things but no sight comes to her eyes. She isn't sure where she is or for that matter who she is or why she's here.. wherever that is. All she knows is that she is numb and cold.

Suddenly light floods into her dark world as a blur of colors and forms invade. Still unable to articulate anything, Ashlynn can only move vaguely.

Alays

Alays dives for his rifle, coming up with a grenade sandwich for his friend. The attack catches the Sunaj off guard apparently as the he pulls a grenade of his own but fumbles it, dropping it his own feet before it detonates, igniting what must have been other explosives on his body., obliterating his lower torso. The smoking corpse collapses to the ground.

Weiss

Weiss is shocked and pleased as Ashlynn's eyes snap open and a moaing gasp is taken. She is moving slowly but incoherently, but ALIVE!

An den...!

The gold woman appears, snapping out of a black point in space. She looks confused but angry.

Butcher's Bill

-None-
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:50 am

JIC: 1d20:
8
, 1d100:
89

PER: 1d100:
100
vs. 66% (+15% hearing)

Paramedic- 1d100:
95
vs. 111%
To help stabilize Ashlynn so that she can be moved back into the APC.

Conditions
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 458. min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 50 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Ext. Presence Sense | Rifter 25 77 | 0.5m | Exact number/location of all sentient beings in a 75-ft radius
  • Shadow Meld | BoM 103 | 3.5m | +15% prowl, attackers -5 to strike
  • Enhance Reflexes | Rifter 25 75 | 15.5m | +1APM, +3I, +2S, +3P/D, +2 PP (--> 27), +15% to physical skills relying on coordination or balance
  • Telepathy: Superior | Rifter 25 83 | 15.5m
  • Telekinesis | RUE 169 | 120lbs of weight | 20.25m
  • Invulnerability | BoM 116 | 0/50 MDC; impervious to cold, fire, energy, disease, poisons, toxins, gases, drugs; +10 vs. magic, psionics, HF | 0.25m
  • Armor Bizarre | BOM 104 | 7.5 min | 47/120 M.D.C. + HF 14 only vs enemies and enemies are -1 initiative


Ronith wants to exhale and take a load off- the fighting has been intense, and the cyber-knight is feeling every one of his wounds. But there's no time- his team needs him.

To the surrendering merc, Ronith levels a sword and says "Lay down your weapons and you shall not be harmed." After a moment's thought, Ronith decides that this is a good job for the new recruit, and sends a telepathic message to Alays. Confiscate the prisoner's weapons and take him into custody. We shall hand him over to the authorities as soon as we can. Aloud, he merely says "Barracuda, with me." Ronith then rushes over to Ashlynn's side. Along the way, he reaches out to Grant's mind. [color=blue]We are victorious, though not without cost. What is your status?

Ronith will feel a surge of relief when Grant reports that he is ok- the Sunaj leader was quite the handful, and now Ronith can turn his full attention to Ashylnn. Arriving at her side, Ronith will use his medical skills to assess her condition, and he will quite liberally use the remainder of Frostfang's healing touches for the day if they will help her. If, between magic and medicine, Ronith can get Ashlynn stabilized enough that she can be moved, he will turn back to Barracuda "Get her back in the APC, and make sure Beltin and 'McGrath' are alright." To Weiss, Ronith adds "You did well, and probably saved her life. Tend to your robot- I shall be along to provide what aid I can once I have secured the area."

With the immediate situation sorted, Ronith has time for exactly one sigh of relief before the golden woman reappears. Instantly (especially if forewarned by his sixth sense) both of Ronith's blades will point at the woman, and he will say in a husky voice "Surrender- your allies are all slain or in custody. This is your only warning." Should she make a hostile move, Ronith won't hesitate to respond in time.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 66/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:03 am

Perception: 50% (enclosed spaces)/55% (wide open spaces) 1d100:
91


JIC: 1d20:
9

1d100:
100


Ashlynn groans quietly, her breaths shallow, skin prickling with goosebumps. She opens her eyes, but they don't seem to focus.

"Hmm." She takes a shuddering breath and looks, seeing a dark shape over her, that gradually comes into somewhat blurry relief. "W... wweiss?" Another shuddering breath, then "Wha?"

Light fades, and darkness envelops her again. She is cold and numb, and a directionless floating sensation suffuses through her body.

Light seeps in around the edges, and she sees a blurred-out man's shape again. Weiss? Pangur Ban said... Where was I? Who was the lady? Ashlynn's head lolls to the left side. Her eyes try to focus on the mess she sees there. All she can discern is an overwhelming redness, and a strong coppery odor she almost instinctively recognizes as blood. She blinks her eyes, to try to make sense of the world. She vaguely looks back up at the shadowy man-form hovering over her. She tries to reach out for him.

Am I going to make it? Am I dying? I can't - I have to tell them... tell them what? What was it she said?

"Guh... gather the... the broken... " She coughs... Ashlynn wants to grab the man, make him hear, but her hands won't respond. "Tame... river... fuh...find... " She coughs anew, the force of it racking her body as her lungs work in vain to replenish the flow of oxygen to her organs with too little blood.

She shuts her eyes, concentrating on breathing, the breaths coming short and shallow. Her head lolls again, this time to the right, and her eyes see the remains of her right arm reaching uselessly out. "Mm.. my arm..."

Pangur Ban wrote:"Remember what I taught you. You're bleeding out. Preserve your strength. Slow your breathing."


She drifts into and out of semiconsciousness, focusing, when she can, just on breathing.

Gradually, Weiss comes into a rather vague focus. She manages a faint smile. "Uh... wweiss..." She coughs. "I... I think... I let myself... get disarmed." She shudders, and manages a weak, raspy laugh.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:13 pm

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100 = 33
JIC: 1d20:
14
, 1d100 = 61

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 79%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 89%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 120mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 800'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 14
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 57/78
  • P.P.E.: 198/610
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Energy Sphere (800/800 P.P.E.) Duration: 16/16 days
  • Energy Sphere (500/500 P.P.E.) Duration: 29/30 days
  • Farseeing | MA 9 | 3.00 min | 6 miles | Can see a license plate up to max distance, magnification adjusts automatically
  • Fleet Feet | 20 P.P.E. | PF2 186 | 2.75 min | Double P.P., Spd, and APM. -2 Init, susceptible to surprise attacks. -20% using skills that require a delicate touch.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 458.75 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 98.75 min | 3000' | See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 52.75 min | 111/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Invulnerability | 2 of 3 charges | BOM 116 | .25 min | Impervious to Cold, Fire, Energy, Disease, Poisons, Toxins, Gases, and Drugs. 6/50 M.D.C. force field. +10 vs Magic, Psionics, HF
  • Magic Net (on warbird) | BOM 101 | 120' | 10' radius | Dodge 16 or higher | 2.75 min | 2 rounds to cut with M.D. weapons, those caught are helpless.
  • Multiple Image | 7 P.P.E. | BOM 102 | Self | 6.75 min | -4 to save vs Illusion | 3 identical images, +2 Init, +2 dodge, +1 Strike. Iron will dispel image.
  • Mystic Alarm | BOM 95 | 2 P.P.E. | 8 years | Affects one object, will activate if disturbed.
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 97.75 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 121.75 min | 3600' | Works in non-magical darkness
  • Nova Blast | 30 P.P.E. | DB13 121 | 2600' | .75 min | Dodge (people -2, fighters/shuttles -3, larger ships -4) | Use bonuses to Throw. 1d4x100 M.D. in space, 1d4x10 M.D. in atmosphere.
  • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 3.75 min | 1200' | Can see astral beings, entities, elementals, ghosts, objects, forces and creatures that are or can turn invisible even if no form per se.
  • See Wards | HUGM 182 | 73.75 min | 360' | See active wards, how many, general sense of power.
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 19.75 min | 600' r | Mind Block/Alter Aura/Protection from Magic will block spell
  • Sense P.P.E. | NBMB 128 | 240' | 7.50 min | Acts like a geiger counter. Doesn't pick up magical emanations. Low 1-5 P.P.E. Typical 6-15, Medium 16-30, A lot 31-60, Vast 61-499, Incredible 500+
  • Shadesword | PF12 80 | Self | 15.50 min | 8d6 M.D. + Failed Save vs Magic has culmulative -2 Strike/Parry for next melee each additional success extends duration 1 melee.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 49.75 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • Telepathy | 4 I.S.P. | 60' surface thoughts, 360 two way telepathic communication | 11.00 min |


The map so it's easier for me to find.

Invincible Armor Regeneration: 1d6:
4
M.D.C.

Sunaj Leader Death Scene wrote:Grant finds himself atop a warehouse a thousand feet to the west as the pair emerge from the teleport. The grimace of surprise at Grant's sudden travel on the tail of the Sunaj leader is pronounced. Plunging the shadow blade into the netted form of his opponent, Grant watches as he grinds his teeth in pain. Finally he spits his blood at the Magus. "For hate's sake, I spit at thee." he exhales before snarling and coughing as his body convulses, the last traces of life leaving his body. Grant stands up in the light of the westering sun and looks back at the distant struggle of the Heroes for Hire.


Lore: D-Bee 114% vs 1d100:
52
| Recognize the man as a True-Atlantean

Grant makes a quick warding with his hand as the Sunaj tries to curse him, which ends with a sigh as his enemy chokes. He drops heavily next to the being, looking at his human face and checking that Sunaj is truly dead. "Why?" Grant asks despite knowing that there is no answer coming. "When could I have ever done you wrong? You'd be alive if you had not attacked us."

He stands back up and looks around at where he's at. This must have been where they stopped to observe us, he thinks. I need to get back to the rest of the team. Didn't Weiss say something about Ashlynn? Focused as he was on the leader of the Sunaj, he can't recall what he actually said.

Ronith wrote:Along the way, he reaches out to Grant's mind. We are victorious, though not without cost. What is your status?


Grant nods his head to himself, and answers in reverse, I am fine. The Sunaj is dead, he looks human, but I don't think he is. I will bring the body back with me. What happened? Is everyone alright? The cool logic of the Lord Magi gives way to his concern for his friends.

The mage composes the body and casts Weightlessness (6 P.P.E.) on it and then Telekinesis (8 P.P.E.) to be able to easily move it with his mind. Grant picks up any dropped equipment. He moves to a wall (or open floor space), the body floating sedately behind him. He reaches out with his magic and casts Mystic Portal (20 P.P.E.) with the exit centered within the APC. When the image stabilizes, he sends the body through and follows it. Once on the other side, he closes the portal quickly and steps out of the APC into the waning light and looks to his friends. Seeing Ashlynn on the ground he runs over, his voice cracking a bit in concern, "John, is she dead?"

When he receives verbal confirmation that she still lives, or the rise and fall of her chest, he takes a closer look at her bloody body. Her arms, they are gone! "Where are her arms?" he commands, "Bring them to me! Quickly!" With a grimace, he takes the proffered limb So much sticky blood, ugh. The mage kneels down next to her and aligns the stump and limb. He casts Heal Wounds (10 P.P.E. 3d6 S.D.C + 1d6 H.P.) until he is sure she is stable. "I can reattach the arm, but the ritual takes a few minutes."

He begins casting the spell Restore Limb (80 P.P.E.). He chants and watches as the magic flares around her arm, magically knitting the arm back to her hurt. He then continues to cast Heal Wounds if needed, drawing upon his Energy Spheres to fuel his magic. When finished, he calls to her both mentally and out-loud, "Ashlynn, can you hear me? You look a mess., but I think you will live." Unable to contain his revulsion at being sticky any longer, he cast Cleanse (6 P.P.E.) upon himself and her.

He stands up a bit more shakey about having been this close to seeing a friend die than the combat they'd just gone through. Not wanting to say more than he has to, Grant asks, "What do we do, continue on, or head back? The mage got away, along with at least one of the mercenaries. Someone needs to take out that Warbird that I netted."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Barracuda » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:56 pm

Perception: 1d100:
43
/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20:
6
/1d100:
51


Conditions
HP/MDC: 57/57
SDC: 181/181
Amphib Body Armor:
  • Helmet: 84/84 MDC
  • Left Arm: 60/60 MDC
  • Right Arm: 60/60 MDC
  • Main Body: 40/120 MDC
  • Left Leg: 72/72 MDC
  • Right Leg: 72/72 MDC
  • N-F20A: 75/75 MDC (ACTIVE)
Sustain:
  • Duration: 24 days
  • Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • BOM 109
Fly as an Eagle:
  • Duration: 459:00 minutes
  • Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack.
  • BOM 115
Tongues:
  • Duration: 50:00 minutes
  • Speak and understand all languages at 98%
  • BOM 114


With the last Sunaj slain and the last merc both surrounded and surrendering, Barracuda's anger is able to slowly slip away like the retreating tide. King Tide begins to lose its glow as he releases the charge from it.
Ronith wrote:Aloud, he merely says "Barracuda, with me." Ronith then rushes over to Ashlynn's side.

Barracuda nods and flies after Ronith toward Ash. Barracuda stands back as Ronith checks in on her medically. I'm useless here. Come on Ronith, bring her back. Ash, if you pull through, I'll find you that dinosaur you wanted! Just be strong dammit! The storm of negative feelings rages in Barracuda's head.
Ronith wrote:"Get her back in the APC, and make sure Beltin and 'McGrath' are alright."

"Yes sir." Barracuda's concern reaches a peak when he's forced to come face to face with his friend lying in a puddle of her own blood. "Hey Ash. I'm gonna get you somewhere safe, OK?" He scoops her up and gets her secure in the APC. "I'll be right back, Ash. I've gotta go check on Beltin and Whyne. Don't. Don't leave. Heh." Fuck this is awful.
He heads back to McGrath-Whyne and says "Sorry about all the blood. You two alright? We cleared them all out."
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:49 am

(rolls carried over)

Ashlynn groans involuntarily, feeling shifted from her place, and an odd tugging sensation at her right.

Someone wrote:"Ashlynn, can you hear me? You look a mess...."


Ashlynn's eyes flutter open. "Rr... rude." She coughs and chuckles.

Someone... else? wrote:"I'll be right back, Ash. I've gotta go... Don't. Don't leave. Heh."


"allrightseeyoulater..." Ashlynn's eyes flutter closed, but her shallow breathing continues.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:13 pm

(rolls carried)

Ashlynn wrote:Ashlynn groans involuntarily, feeling shifted from her place, and an odd tugging sensation at her right.

Someone wrote:"Ashlynn, can you hear me? You look a mess...."


Ashlynn's eyes flutter open. "Rr... rude." She coughs and chuckles.


"Thank the three!" Grant exclaims, relief very much in evidence on his face and tone of voice. "Rude? I am just stating the obvious. If you want to talk about rude, we can discuss later about almost dying. You've probably got a serious scolding coming from John soon." There should be some blankets in here, he thinks as he turns to rummage through the lockers. A few of the lockers are closed by leaning on them as Grant doesn't take much time to put things back exactly where he found them. Once he has the blanket, he's back at Ashlynn's side. "These will help keep you comfortable."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Alays » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:31 am

Perception: 1d100:
57
/ 39%
JIC: 1d20:
3

JIC: 1d100:
40

A: Sixth Sense, Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange, Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple,

As the Sunaj's body hits the ground with a squishy thud, Alaus gives a sigh of relief or a second or two. He quickly scans the vicinity for any lingering threats. He also watches the commotion of the others trying to help save the life of their friend. Watching, a sense of helplessness creeps in.

I wish there was something I could do to help. Anyone else have any ideas or skills that might help? Such a pretty young thing to die or early in life. Unfortunately I do not. A life of entertainment does not leave much for anything else. Besides, it looks as she is in good hands with the other members. If we could only talk to Jessie, she might know of something but then again she never talks with us. Death just a part of life. There wouldn't be much living if we never died. We need to look around for any leftovers. I could still use a workout. Ivor, how many times have I said if you ain't going to help them keep your depressing thoughts to yourself.

Alays makes a lap around the APC as the others load Ashlynn in. Afterwards he takes up a defensive position near the entrance of the APC. Readying his weapon in case of another attack. He waits patiently for excitement to die down and the next set of orders to be given.

Detect Ambush 50% - 1d100:
77
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:16 am

Ronith wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20:
8
, Original post: 1d100:
89

PER: Original post: 1d100:
100
vs. 66% (+15% hearing)


Ashlynn wrote:"Guh... gather the... the broken... " She coughs... Ashlynn wants to grab the man, make him hear, but her hands won't respond. "Tame... river... fuh...find... "
Once Ashlynn is safe inside the APC, Ronith lays a hand on her and eases her onto a cot (or appropriate other surface). "Easy, Ashlynn. Save your strength- we can talk later."

Grant Latham wrote:I am fine. The Sunaj is dead, he looks human, but I don't think he is. I will bring the body back with me. What happened? Is everyone alright?
Return the corpse here if you can. By all accounts the Sunaj are among the most enigmatic of the Splugorth servitor races. This could be an invaluable opportunity to learn more about them. Ashlynn has been severely wounded- I believe she is stabilized, but for now make sure that is the case is our priority. Return as swiftly as you are able.

Grant Latham wrote:"What do we do, continue on, or head back? The mage got away, along with at least one of the mercenaries. Someone needs to take out that Warbird that I netted."
Once Grant is returned and draws Ronith's attention to the netted warbird, the cyber-knight quietly says "I shall handle it." He will calmly walk over to the beast, observe its struggles for a moment, and then reverse Frostfang's blade and dispatch it with a single, clean stroke.

Afterwards, Ronith spots Alays' off by himself and approaches. "You did well. Keep an eye on the prisoner" he motions to the captured mercenary "and the surrounding area as you can. We shall be moving out soon, one way or the other."
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 66/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:22 am

Perception 41% 1d100:
58

JIC 1d100:
58
1d20:
5


Ronith wrote:"With luck, Frostfang stabilized her. If not, just do what you can. I shall be there as soon as I can."


"Not sure it did a whole lot actually. No doctor and all, but considering her injuries, I think that only healed a few cuts." Weiss remarks darkly to himself, keeping it off the radio.

Now hang in there kiddo

Virtus wrote:Weiss is shocked and pleased as Ashlynn's eyes snap open and a moaning gasp is taken. She is moving slowly but incoherently, but ALIVE!


Ashlynn wrote:W... wweiss?" Another shuddering breath, then "Wha?"


"Relax kiddo," Weiss' voice

"Ash is alive and breathing and kinda awake," he lets the rest of the team know.


Ashlynn wrote:"Guh... gather the... the broken... " She coughs... Ashlynn wants to grab the man, make him hear, but her hands won't respond. "Tame... river... fuh...find... " She coughs anew, the force of it racking her body as her lungs work in vain to replenish the flow of oxygen to her organs with too little blood.

She shuts her eyes, concentrating on breathing, the breaths coming short and shallow. Her head lolls again, this time to the right, and her eyes see the remains of her right arm reaching uselessly out. "Mm.. my arm..."


"Save your strength and tell us later," he reassures her, as he places a reassuring hand on her shoulder

Ashlynn wrote:She manages a faint smile. "Uh... wweiss..." She coughs. "I... I think... I let myself... get disarmed." She shudders, and manages a weak, raspy laugh.


Weiss gives her a faint smile behind his helmet that she can't see and gives a little chuckle.
Poor kid, she is probably going to need a load of cybernetics


Grant Latham wrote:"John, is she dead?"


"Alive, clinging in there, but still looks to be a bad way. he looks at the mage as he arrives, reaching up to run his hand through his hair, then remembering he is wearing a helmet. "Her arms are pretty messed up.

Grant Latham wrote:"Where are her arms?" he commands, "Bring them to me! Quickly!" With a grimace, he takes the proffered limb So much sticky blood, ugh. The mage kneels down next to her and aligns the stump and limb. He casts Heal Wounds (10 P.P.E. 3d6 S.D.C + 1d6 H.P.) until he is sure she is stable. "I can reattach the arm, but the ritual takes a few minutes."


"Frak," Weiss swears as he starts looking around for her missing body part, suddenly hopeful that Ash can be restored to something
"she was over here." he says to the others, directing anybody to look, though considering her injuries, it could easily If he finds her arm, he brings it back to Grant, trying not to lose any bits that might be only just clinging on.


Ronith wrote:To Weiss, Ronith adds "You did well, and probably saved her life. Tend to your robot- I shall be along to provide what aid I can once I have secured the area."


"Bear in mind this one," he points at the female merc nearby with his rifle, "is also our prisoner. She hasn't tried to escape, but she can psychically affect technology."

He looks at the state of Sir Ronith, with ragged armour and multiple wounds somewhat surprised. From what Grant, Ben and Beltin were saying, Ronith was normally indestructable.

"How are you holding up? he asks their leader, somewhat concerned considering how battered he looks, "If you need it, there is a set of Crusader EBA in the APC, considering yours is mostly falling off you. I can do some repairs, but honestly that armour might be a write off."

He keeps an eye on everyone as he makes his way over to the Beauty. He enters the pilot compartment and begins running tests to fully ascertain the damage


OOC Comments
General Repair & Maintenance 74% 1d100:
90

Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 74% 1d100:
99

Mechanical Engineer 34% 1d100:
54
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:26 am

Ronith wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20:
8
, Original post: 1d100:
89

PER: Original post: 1d100:
100
vs. 66% (+15% hearing)


Weiss wrote:"How are you holding up? he asks their leader, somewhat concerned considering how battered he looks, "If you need it, there is a set of Crusader EBA in the APC, considering yours is mostly falling off you. I can do some repairs, but honestly that armour might be a write off."
Ronith looks down at his shredded form abashedly. "I am afraid you are right, but do not worry about me. Ashlynn is our priority now. I shall see about obtaining a replacement suit when we return to Merctown- the other wounds will heal in time. For now, Grant's magical protection shall have to suffice."
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 66/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:19 pm

rolls carried

Ronith wrote:Ronith looks down at his shredded form abashedly. "I am afraid you are right, but do not worry about me. Ashlynn is our priority now. I shall see about obtaining a replacement suit when we return to Merctown- the other wounds will heal in time. For now, Grant's magical protection shall have to suffice."


Weiss activates the Razor on his suit, the device sliding up over his shoulder to keep their conversation private; partly in case Ronith disagreed and to protect the knowledge about the Door.

"If we are still planning to go through the Door to find McGrath," he reminds Ronith, "in a location where we are told magic reserves replenish very slowly, then I recommend that everybody be armoured. Who knows what we will encounter in there and honestly, wandering around in the almost buff is not exactly the best image to present especially as the authorities will be here soon."
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:53 pm

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 5:45pm
Climate: 58F, partly cloudy
Visibility: 1 mile
Terrain: Warehouse District,
Moderate radio traffic
Magic in heavy use. Detectable everywhere.


The Gold woman hears Ronith's ultimatum, looks about and looks confused for a moment before finally sighing exasperatedly, if not disoriented before dropping her hammer and taking a seat in a petulant manner.

Turning back to his team Ronith sets orders to get stabilize the situation. Grant, knowing a spell of great power for just such a happenstance begins the ritual. One was a clean cut and heals perfectly. The other arm was destroyed. What remained was enough to reattach but her right arm is heavily scarred with some of the form simply gone, including her pinky finger. Though it functions her arm is unpleasant to look at. For Ashlynn there is a pain that will forever linger in the limb.

Ashylnn is in and out as her body tries to catch up with healing its received. Barracuda scoops her up and moves her to the APC. There he makes her comfortable before running out to check on Beltin and McGrath. "No, not alright but I am alive." Whyne says, audibly exhausted. "How is your team mate?"

Grant enters the APC and checks on Ash, bringing a blanket to help comfort her. Her replies come weakly but that they come at all is the victory here.

Everyone sees Alays come around to check on everyone. His arrival was very recent but already this new man is proving his capability.

With the battle won, Weiss goes about both Ash's needs and also the Beauty's. The cost of the repairs will not be small. Perhaps something among the possessions of the fallen will help. Still, the larger reason of finding McGrath still lies before them.

Weiss and Ronith speak of the need to push on.

((There are 5 swords, 3 rifles, 2 pistols and various pieces of armor, 3 prisoners.))
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:52 am

Perception: 73% (enclosed spaces)/78% (wide open spaces) 1d100:
5


JIC: 1d20:
7

1d100:
7


Ashlynn groans a bit as Grant works to heal her and reattach her arms.

3d6:
3, 4, 1
S.D.C + 1d6:
2
H.P. (per Grant's spell)

When Weiss brings the remains of her arms, she chuckles. "Hey... you... you found them. Heh. I lost those."

As Grant presses the severed left limb against the stump, and casts his spell, she feels only an odd tugging sensation, as the torn muscles and ligaments, and broken bones, seek each other out and knit together.

When he does the same with the right arm, however, a severe pain arcs up her shoulder to her brain, and she again groans, involuntarily.

She begins to feel somewhat stronger, able to breathe normally, and feeling a bit less stunned, thanks to Grant's magic. She lifts her left arm first, flexes the fingers, giving it a "test-drive." She nods, and lowers it. Then, the right arm. She lifts it, and sees the fresh scars, missing chunks of flesh deforming the skin, and missing finger. The arm hurts, and moving it sharpens the pain. She winces, but only a little. She lowers her arm, and smiles at Grant.

"Thank you. They look great." she says, without a shred of irony or deceit. Leveraging herself upright with her left arm, she brings herself to a seated position, still slightly lightheaded.

Ashlynn shakes her head, in an attempt to physically shake off the shock. "That mage put the whammy on me. Couldn't really think right. Got in over my head, forgot my tactics." She looks up at Ronith.

"It won't happen again." But a sliver of doubt remained in her mind. I keep having to apologize to Sir Ronith... too much more of this crap and he's gonna show me the door. The thought of losing her new family sets a small panic in her heart.

She begins to think about the path ahead, and what needs to be done, and the fleeting, shadowy images she saw while on death's door begin to fade from her memory. Her body is still a catalog of injuries, which will heal in time, but at least she is in no immediate danger of death. For that, she is immeasurably thankful.
Last edited by Ashlynn on Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Barracuda » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:13 am

Perception: 1d100:
25
/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20:
3
/1d100:
4


Whyne wrote:"No, not alright but I am alive. How is your team mate?"

"Well, you helped us put down a serious baddie. These jerks have been responsible for all of the bad happening to us recently. Glad to see them defeated." Barracuda's tone shifts from big tough guy to concerned friend in an instant. "Ash... I'm not sure if she's going to be OK. Her arms they... they were blasted into mush. Ronith got her stabilized but she's going to need a hospital ASAP. Maybe even some bionics. Anyway, thanks. I'm gonna go check on her."

Ben leaves Whyne and heads back to the APC to check on Ashlynn. When he walks in, from far away he only sees her moving around under a blanket. Ugh... I hope she's not in too much pain right now. Just act normal, man. "Hey Ash... How you feeling? I figured you'd probably want someone to stick around in case you needed water or something." When he gets close enough to see properly, he notices that she has both of her arms. "Wait, what?! How?" He sits there for a moment with his mouth wide open before he gives her a big hug. "I was so worried!"
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:19 pm

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100 = 31
JIC: 1d20:
16
, 1d100 = 1

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 79%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 89%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 120mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 800'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 14
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 57/78
  • P.P.E.: 548/610
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Energy Sphere (800/800 P.P.E.) Duration: 16/16 days
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 443.75 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 83.75 min | 3000' | See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 37.75 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 82.75 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 106.75 min | 3600' | Works in non-magical darkness
  • See Wards | HUGM 182 | 58.75 min | 360' | See active wards, how many, general sense of power.
  • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 3.75 min | 600' r | Mind Block/Alter Aura/Protection from Magic will block spell
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 34.75 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%


The map so it's easier for me to find.


Ashlynn wrote:"Thank you. They look great." she says, without a shred of irony or deceit. Leveraging herself upright with her left arm, she brings herself to a seated position, still slightly lightheaded.

Ashlynn shakes her head, in an attempt to physically shake off the shock. "That mage put the whammy on me. Couldn't really think right. Got in over my head, forgot my tactics." She looks up at Ronith.

"It won't happen again." But a sliver of doubt remained in her mind. I keep having to apologize to Sir Ronith... too much more of this crap and he's gonna show me the door. The thought of losing her new family sets a small panic in her heart.


The left arm, there was too much missing for the limited general healing magic to fix, yet another item to add to the list, Grant think to himself as he sees her move the arm. "It was touch and go with the left arm, I am sorry that I couldn't restore it any further. Hopefully time will dull any lingering pain you feel," he says apologetically. "This group has access to people and resources on a totally different level from us. Their mage was able to counter most of what I could do. Sir Ronith's adversary," Grant points back to the body, "almost took his proverbial pound of flesh, and...the Blue Beauty." Grant shakes his head, "It looks bad, I don't have any idea how John is feeling, it can't be good."


Barracuda wrote:Ben leaves Whyne and heads back to the APC to check on Ashlynn. When he walks in, from far away he only sees her moving around under a blanket. Ugh... I hope she's not in too much pain right now. Just act normal, man. "Hey Ash... How you feeling? I figured you'd probably want someone to stick around in case you needed water or something." When he gets close enough to see properly, he notices that she has both of her arms. "Wait, what?! How?" He sits there for a moment with his mouth wide open before he gives her a big hug. "I was so worried!"


Grant moves back as Ben rushes to Ashlynn's side. He looks over the body of the dead Sunaj leader. We need to know who we are facing, but who knows how much blood is just squishing around in side that armor. I can't, Grant thinks. "Ben," Grant says to get his teammate's attention, "Do you think you could take off the armor on the bo," Grant breaks off as he tries to say body, "man over there. I can get in and out of my own easily enough, but it's not nearly as complicated looking as his. Maybe one of us will recognize him."

Grant steps out of the APC to see the others and their prisoners. The mage looks inward at his magical reserves and feels that they are almost depleted. He reaches up to one the spheres of energy hovering over his shoulder and pulls the energy in, absorbing all of it (500 P.P.E) with a muted pop as the last of it's drained out. That will do for now. Hopefully we will be to proceed to the door without more interruption after this.

Lore: Magic (Identify Magic Items) 84% vs 10d100:
13, 70, 28, 42, 56, 68, 61, 94, 9, 89
|Swords, pistols, armor, the hammer, other items found on the prisoners

He walks to Sir Ronith and Beltin, "Do you want the Dweomer Defense Forces to come and collect them? Perhaps we should also interrogate them ourselves?" Grant raises his hand to his temple, and looks at Beltin, then uses his eyes to direct their attention to the woman in gold. "Our prisoners seem compliant at the moment, have they been searched yet?" If not, Grant uses his ability to see magic to identify those objects and separate them to the side. He examines them to see if can determine if they what magical qualities the objects may have.

Interrogation 89% vs 1d100:
66


If asked to participate in the interrogation, Grant asks the following (the tongues spell is still active so there shouldn't be any language issues):

  • Who are you?
  • Why did you attack us?
  • What were your orders?
  • Who are your employers?
  • What did they look like?
  • If he can tell from her gear: Are you a Mystic Kuznya?
  • What are your future intentions to us? (This hopefully is something that Ronith or Beltin can confirm telepathically that she plans to leave us alone.)

Afterwards, he finds Alays, "Your arrival was timely, thank you for sticking with us and not bugging out. This was one battle where we needed all the help we could get." He holds out his hand to shake.

If he sees Weiss outside near the Blue Beauty, "John, this looks bad, much worse than the missile strike back at Merc-Town. Can she be fixed?"
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:01 am

Perception 45% 1d100:
33

JIC 1d100:
86
1d20:
11



Ashlynn wrote:When Weiss brings the remains of her arms, she chuckles. "Hey... you... you found them. Heh. I lost those."


"Yeah, you are going to need to be more careful where you put your things from now on." Weiss gently and almost parentally jokingly admonishes her.
"you rest and let the others take care of you," he ruffles her hair and heads out of the APC.

He walks over to the stationary form of his damaged robot and grimaces internally before Weiss goes inside and checks out the Beauty's systems. Running some quick diagnostics, he reassures himself that his precious robot was not going to explode or meltdown. He grabs the picture of Jaz and Zac and as he exits the Beauty, he spies Grant coming to see him.

Grant Latham wrote:If he sees Weiss outside near the Blue Beauty, "John, this looks bad, much worse than the missile strike back at Merc-Town. Can she be fixed?"


Weiss sighs loudly, perhaps slightly more loudly he needs to, but it had been a taxing day so far.
"She's pretty banged up Weiss sighs as he starts calculating the damage and potential costs, pointing at various points on the robot, "but she can move and her power plant is intact. Suspect when I move her back into the APC, some more of the armour plating will fall off, but overall she is a tough bitch. Take more than that to take her down permanently. What happened back at Merc-town was more par for the course. Comes with the territory of being the biggest target. Though in this group, that does not translate to the toughest. "

Weiss taps the Beauty's leg, testing it to ensure it doesn't fall off.

"That spell you did before should at least fix up some of the structural damage," he explains, "Missile launchers are more damaged than destroyed. Thankfully you have to arm them first, but she's missing a sensor turret and the railgun was obliterated. Ammo drum was further down on the chassis, so that's something I don't have to replace. Considering her origins, getting replacement parts has always been a little interesting. Loads of scrap merchants knocking around Merctown so hopefully I will be able to find something but I may need to modify her. Bloody psychics controlling my weapon systems." He grumbles at the last sentence, sounding annoyed, though possibly more at himself than anything else. That hadn't happened, then I doubt Ash would have ended up injured.

OOC Comments
Fanatic Robophile 74%(+3%) 1d100:
81
64% chance to assess damage.


He turns to look at Grant and then at the stash of salvage.
"One of the mercs was controlling technology on me. Is there anything in the gear over there such as the swords that doesn't require technology, like a sword Ronith uses? Don't want to get caught like that again."
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Barracuda » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:08 pm

(rolls held over)

Grant Latham wrote:"Ben," Grant says to get his teammate's attention, "Do you think you could take off the armor on the bo," Grant breaks off as he tries to say body, "man over there. I can get in and out of my own easily enough, but it's not nearly as complicated looking as his. Maybe one of us will recognize him."


Barracuda looks over to Grant and nods. "Ash, you should... turn away." Ben kneels over the deceased body of the Sunaj leader and begins unhooking his armor to get a good look at the being underneath. Once that task is done, Barracuda will take a look at the various equipment present to see if he can tell anything about it (Salvage: 1d100:
6
/45% - PASS
). If he's unable, he'll bring it to the attention of Ronith. "Anything special here? Couldn't hurt to load it on the APC for the future, right?"

OOC Comments
Barracuda doesn't have Recognize Weapon Quality but Ronith and Alays do. Salvage could apply to the various pieces of armor.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Alays » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:12 am

Perception: 1d100:
95
/ 39%
JIC: 1d20:
18

JIC: 1d100:
12

A: Sixth Sense, Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange, Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple,

Alays watches as the other members go about their business but keeps a vigilant eye on the prisoners. Alays gives them a once over to check for anything hidden, using his heightened sense of touch as well. Keeping out of the way all the while being able to act at a moments notice. At some time he walks over and checks his ride for any collateral damage. He secures his in blaster and helmet on the back of his motorcycle.

Detect Concealment 1d100:
57
- 50%
Recognize Weapon Quality 1d100:
76
- 45%

Damn helmets always make me feel a bit claustrophobic. Besides what kind of star would I be if you never say my face? Not this crap again. Doesn't he know? He's your friend. Not mine. I ju'st stuck wit him Not mine either. I just choose to work with him to make my life easier. I just hope he knocks this TV show crap off, or I'm AM going to kill him. Haters just be hatin.

Grant wrote:"Your arrival was timely, thank you for sticking with us and not bugging out. This was one battle where we needed all the help we could get."


When Grant walks up to Alays, he gives his a nod of acknowledgment. Before receiving his hand in recipotation, he knocks a bit of the dirt off his gloves. A crooked smile comes across his face before he responds.

"Hah, ain't that some truth. If that was going to last much longer, I don't think there would be as many of us left. They definitely were tougher than they looked. My condolences to your friend. May she heal fast and strong." His voice changing from jovial to somber, as he changes the subject. He let's the following silence finish making his point.
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:56 am

(rolls carried over)

Weiss wrote:"Yeah, you are going to need to be more careful where you put your things from now on. You rest and let the others take care of you."


Ashlynn nods, tired. Her natural urge is to get up, get going, go, go go. But, she's tired, so it's an easy enough choice at present to lay back down.

If she can see the prisoner/s (?), she'll give them the old Ashylnn Once-Over.

Eyeball a Fella 71% 1d100:
4
(CRIT SUCCESS)
Eyeball a Fella 71% 1d100:
69
(SUCCESS)

She shoots them an appropriate dirty look if they lock eyes with her, and sticks her tongue out at them.

Her eyes follow Barracuda out the APC to the fallen Sunaj.

Barracuda wrote:"Ash, you should... turn away."


She chuckles. "He can't be any uglier than Grant said I was." She smirks at Grant, clearly joking.

Still, her stomach is queasy, so she takes his advice and turns away as he strips the armor off the fallen enemy.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:42 pm

Rolls carried

Alays wrote:"Hah, ain't that some truth. If that was going to last much longer, I don't think there would be as many of us left. They definitely were tougher than they looked. My condolences to your friend. May she heal fast and strong." His voice changing from jovial to somber, as he changes the subject. He let's the following silence finish making his point.


Stood near Grant, Weiss nods in appreciation of Alays comments, equally hoping himself that Ash would be fine.

"We picked up a few rifles off these ..." he gestures over to the pile of weapons, "Might see something better than the popgun you're carrying. Where we're going, you're probably going to need it and I hope you don't have an aversion to worms.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:18 pm

JIC: 1d20:
6
, 1d100:
71

PER: 1d100:
60
vs. 66% (+15% hearing)

Interrogation- 1d100:
60
vs. 101%
Interrogating the prisoners.

Conditions
[list][*]Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
[*]Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 443. min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
[*]Tongues | BOM 114 | 20 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
[*]Enhance Reflexes | Rifter 25 75 | 0.5m | +1APM, +3I, +2S, +3P/D, +2 PP (--> 27), +15% to physical skills relying on coordination or balance
[*]Telepathy: Superior | Rifter 25 83 | 0.5m
[*]Telekinesis | RUE 169 | 120lbs of weight | 5.25m


Weiss wrote:"If we are still planning to go through the Door to find McGrath," he reminds Ronith, "in a location where we are told magic reserves replenish very slowly, then I recommend that everybody be armoured. Who knows what we will encounter in there and honestly, wandering around in the almost buff is not exactly the best image to present especially as the authorities will be here soon."
Ronith frowns, then concedes the point with a nod. "You are right, of course. I shall change once we are en route."

Ronith will secure the golden woman prisoner personally, and return her to the APC with the other prisoners. "Weiss, Alays, do a sweep of the battlefield and recover anything that looks useful. We can decide what to do with it later. I shall maintain watch on our prisoners until the authorities arrive."

Grant Latham wrote:"Do you want the Dweomer Defense Forces to come and collect them? Perhaps we should also interrogate them ourselves?"
Ronith nods, and replies quietly to Grant (outside of the prisoners' hearing) "Agreed. Interrogation first, then we turn them over to the authorities." Ronith will pat down each of the prisoners, and make sure that all of their weapons (in particular the golden woman's hammer) are securely stored where they can't be retrieved. He will then take the lead on the interrogation- he will use his own telepathic ability (and Beltin's) in conjunction with Grant to get the answers to the magus' questions. In particular, the cyber-knight is curious as to who the golden-skinned woman is.

Ronith then gets on his radio and contacts Dweomer security. "Dweomer Defense Force, this is Sir Ronith Turand. We were attacked by a group of mercenaries and assassins and have taken three prisoners. We have reason to believe that they may be responsible for property damage around the city, and can confirm that they were so responsible back in MercTown. We request they be held- for trial if the Three wish to claim jurisdiction, or until we return to MercTown. Our location is as follows." Ronith will keep a sharp lookout after that, until the authorities take the prisoners into custody.

Then, he will go see Ashlynn.
Ashlynn wrote:"That mage put the whammy on me. Couldn't really think right. Got in over my head, forgot my tactics... It won't happen again."
Ronith places a hand up and says "Shhh... Save your strength. You fought bravely against a very powerful adversary and nearly died. A commander can ask for no more than that. Rest now- you shall have the team's full support to get you restored to proper fighting condition once we get back home."

Ronith will also be interested in the body of the Sunaj leader. He knows that they are among the most enigmatic of the Splugorth minions, and he will be interested in seeing what's underneath their telltale armor. Should he learn anything interesting from the examination he will keep it to himself, for the time being.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 66/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:46 pm

rolls carried

Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 464 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
Tongues | BOM 114 | 55 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 543 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy. 1d6 = 1 [Make removable]regeneration

Ronith wrote:Ronith frowns, then concedes the point with a nod. "You are right, of course. I shall change once we are en route."


Weiss returns the nod, his face still obscured by the armour hiding the wry smile. Respect my experience.
"It's the lockers, second one from the end."

Crusader EBA
OOC Comments
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50
  • Arms: 30 each
  • Legs: 50 each
  • Main Body: 95
Weight: 24 lbs.
Modifiers: Fair mobility, -15% to physical skills
Features:
Book Reference: NG2, p.55-56


He looks over at Ash's stricken form in the APC and grimaces.
"I don't know if she'll be up and moving soon or not, but I do have a spare suit of light armour for her as well. Don't like the idea of putting her in harms way again, but we do need to move before the Sunaj can regroup and get reinforcements, let alone that other group as well."

Ronith wrote:"Weiss, Alays, do a sweep of the battlefield and recover anything that looks useful. We can decide what to do with it later. I shall maintain watch on our prisoners until the authorities arrive."


"I'll keep an eye out if we missed anything before. Looks like a lot of things got picked up already though," he nods to Ronith before turning to the rest of the group, "did anybody drop anything while we were fighting so we can keep an eye out for it?"

Weiss motions for Alays to take a route to cover the area away from where Ash was laid low. Her weapons will have been scattered, so Weiss looks around for those first. With Dweomer's defense forces arriving, he takes a chance and slings his plasma rifle on his back whilst he searches. Easier to carry stuff with two hands rather than one.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:35 pm

(rolls carried)

Weiss wrote:He turns to look at Grant and then at the stash of salvage. "One of the mercs was controlling technology on me. Is there anything in the gear over there such as the swords that doesn't require technology, like a sword Ronith uses? Don't want to get caught like that again."


"Yes, they were using the blades so most likely they aren't dangerous, you can definitely have one I would think. Sir Ronith's blades are on a whole other level than most magical weapons. You can't tell, but the magic from them is..." Grant pauses to consider the word, "intense."

Alays wrote:"Hah, ain't that some truth. If that was going to last much longer, I don't think there would be as many of us left. They definitely were tougher than they looked. My condolences to your friend. May she heal fast and strong." His voice changing from jovial to somber, as he changes the subject. He let's the following silence finish making his point.


Grant waits as Alays trails off, "She's definitely tougher than she looks." That arm! And she was still grateful. Considering she could have lost it forever, some use is better than none, but if the same were to happen to me, would it affect my ability to use my magic? I don't know if I would have such a positive outlook.

Seeing that Alays wants to change the subject, Grant adds, "It looks like once these guys are in custody, we are going to continue on our mission." He decides to give a bit more info since Alays has proven somewhat reliable, but at the same time a probing question to make sure that their new member isn't a plant. The Sunaj are known for next level deviousness. "We are close to where we need to go. We are looking for an artifact that is actually an extra-dimensional doorway. It's supposed to actually look like a door."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:42 pm

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 6:00pm
Climate: 58F, partly cloudy
Visibility: 1 mile
Terrain: Warehouse District,
Moderate radio traffic
Magic in heavy use. Detectable everywhere.


Heroes for Hire take a collective breath and assess the current situation. Ashlynn's rapid recovery is surprising to most, though it's clear she won't be exactly the same ever again.

The prisoners seem oddly complaint. All three are women. The gold woman is compliant but haughty. Also worthy of note, only one of them speak American. The others exclusively speak dragonese. Ash looks them over, judging that the two mercs are servants, trained or conditioned to be so. The gold woman is a proud one, supremely confident in her abilities and clearly feels superior to her other two comrades.


Grant's interrogation produces a few answers. The two merc women identify themselves as Shar and Cloa. If pressed these are the only names they have ever been given. The gold woman introduces herself " Behold! I am Maederan, the Strength of Ulom, Supreme Champion of the Ultima Games, the 88 Rings of Torment and the Pit of Golandar, feared by all, acknowledged by all, desired by all. I am THE Hammerfall!" she says breathing heavily and wide eyed as if giving some type of chant. Many in the group begin to suspect that she may be working with a short deck.


Blue is looking rough. She's going to need a full overhaul. There is some serious structural issues.

On the upside is the loot. The hammer is minorly magical but mostly just stupid heavy. Two demon claw gloves are also found. Four of the swords are magic swords rather than techno wizard and a draining blade. Two sets of bushman armor are taken from the merc women as are two vibro knives and two L-20 rifles. There are also several vials of poison recovered from the remains.

The guards arrive after several minutes. The take the prisoners into custody and begin assessing the damage to private property. Fortunately Grant's pull helps things with the guards.

Of course even with all that has happened, the door still awaits.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:42 am

JIC: 1d20:
16
, 1d100 = 62

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 79%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 89%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 120mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 800'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 14
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 57/78
  • P.P.E.: 548/610
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Energy Sphere (800/800 P.P.E.) Duration: 16/16 days
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 428.75 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 68.75 min | 3000' | See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 22.75 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 67.75 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 91.75 min | 3600' | Works in non-magical darkness
  • See Wards | HUGM 182 | 43.75 min | 360' | See active wards, how many, general sense of power.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 19.75 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%


The map so it's easier for me to find.

Maederan wrote:Grant's interrogation produces a few answers. The two merc women identify themselves as Shar and Cloa. If pressed these are the only names they have ever been given. The gold woman introduces herself " Behold! I am Maederan, the Strength of Ulom, Supreme Champion of the Ultima Games, the 88 Rings of Torment and the Pit of Golandar, feared by all, acknowledged by all, desired by all. I am THE Hammerfall!" she says breathing heavily and wide eyed as if giving some type of chant. Many in the group begin to suspect that she may be working with a short deck.


Interrogation 89% vs 1d100:
67


Is she a gladiator? They were definitely showy, and not local, Grant thinks. Let's do a change of tact, "THE Hammerfall! Here with us now, that's amazing. How did you end up here fighting us? Do we measure up?" He continues his questioning probing her for information on whether she's a hireling or a slave, and who may have sent her. Is Ulom her benefactor? "Who is your master and what is he? A human, or something else?"

With the weapons identified, Grant asks Sir Ronith, "This particular blade is a Draining Blade it is a piece of Techno-Wizardry rather than regular enchantment, so it requires some investment of energy by the user. I would like to keep it. John has asked for a blade as well, these others appear to be of a standard enchantment with no additional properties, perhaps, Weiss, Alays, and Ashlynn could benefit from them. That hammer is a bit of a novelty, but you'd needed to be very strong to even lift it."

With Sir Ronith's approval, Grant takes the blades over to John and Alays so they can pick, bringing the third over to Ashlynn and putting it next to her. The poison he carefully stores in the APC. If he can find a marker or pen and paper, he writes poison on them. "John, Alays, these blades appear to be benign, for edge weapons," Grant jokes with a grin, "Pick the one you like best."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:19 pm

Perception: 73% (enclosed spaces)/78% (wide open spaces) 1d100:
34
(SUCCESS)
JIC: 1d20:
13

1d100:
64


Save vs. Insanity 1d20+1 = 14:
13
(SUCCESS?)

Ronith wrote:"Shhh... Save your strength. You fought bravely against a very powerful adversary and nearly died. A commander can ask for no more than that. Rest now- you shall have the team's full support to get you restored to proper fighting condition once we get back home."


Ashlynn nods, reassured by her leader's words. She feels an upswelling of gratitude and pride in this new family she's found, that nearly brings tears to her eyes, but to Ronith, she merely smiles, nods, and says "Yes, sir."

Weiss wrote:"I'll keep an eye out if we missed anything before. Looks like a lot of things got picked up already though, did anybody drop anything while we were fighting so we can keep an eye out for it?"


Ashlynn smiles misschievously, despite her fatigue. "I lost my arms. I mean... my, uh, weapons. My laser sword and my gun. I mean, I lost my arms too but I got 'em back."

The Gold Woman wrote:Behold! I am Maederan, the Strength of Ulom, Supreme Champion of the Ultima Games, the 88 Rings of Torment and the Pit of Golandar, feared by all, acknowledged by all, desired by all. I am THE Hammerfall!"


Ashlynn struggles to right herself, to sit up, despite the throbbing of her mangled arm, so that she can look at the pompous windbag speaking at Grant, and give her the full Ashlynn Scrutiny (TM).

Eyeball a Fella 71% 1d100:
86
(FAIL)

Grant wrote:"...these others appear to be of a standard enchantment with no additional properties, perhaps, Weiss, Alays, and Ashlynn could benefit from them.


Ashlynn's eyes boggle. "Magic Sword? YES PLEASE!" She makes the 'gimme gimme' motion with her left hand. "... I mean... if there are enough of them." Her face turns beet red.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Alays » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:10 am

Perception: 1d100:
41
/ 39%
JIC: 1d20:
8

JIC: 1d100:
71

A: Sixth Sense, Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange, Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple,

Grant wrote:With Sir Ronith's approval, Grant takes the blades over to John and Alays so they can pick, bringing the third over to Ashlynn and putting it next to her. The poison he carefully stores in the APC. If he can find a marker or pen and paper, he writes poison on them. "John, Alays, these blades appear to be benign, for edge weapons," Grant jokes with a grin, "Pick the one you like best."


Alays accepts the blade from Grant. Returning his grin with equal vigor. He pick the first one that he plays his eye upon. Once he is holding the blade, he takes a closer look at it. Examining the edge for Knicks and other flaws. He also checks the balance.

"You know, you can never have too many blades at your disposal. Options are always nice. Thank you. Oh! You had mentioned something about a door being a gateway to somewhere else? That sounds eerily like where I just came from. Do you know where this door leads to? What kind of world it is?"

Alays points from the direction he came from before the short battle, or at least the best he can. He finds a spot on belt to secure his new addition to his arsenal.

Recognize Weapon Quality: 1d100:
27
45% - look over the new blade received from Grant
Land Navigation: 1d100:
39
- 54% - help explain where he just came from
Streetwise: 1d100:
16
- 45% - help explain where he just came from
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Zoe Barenger » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:10 pm

Grant receives a call on his radio. Checking, he notices it is on the Magus frequency. ”Sorry to interrupt m’lord. There is a strange man at the gates. He just appeared from a rift on a wierd motorcycle and is asking for a Sir Ronith?” There is a short pause then the sound of someone clearing their throat. "He isn't threatening, just chatty. what would you like to do?"
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:17 pm

(rolls carried)

Alays wrote:"You know, you can never have too many blades at your disposal. Options are always nice. Thank you. Oh! You had mentioned something about a door being a gateway to somewhere else? That sounds eerily like where I just came from. Do you know where this door leads to? What kind of world it is?"


'It's supposed to be a shadow of.." Grant stops and looks down at his radio as it chirps. "Who the heck is calling me?" he touches the microphone button, "Hello?"

Zoe Barenger wrote:Grant receives a call on his radio. Checking, he notices it is on the Magus frequency. ”Sorry to interrupt m’lord. There is a strange man at the gates. He just appeared from a rift on a wired motorcycle and is asking for a Sir Ronith?” There is a short pause then the sound of someone clearing their throat. "He isn't threatening, just chatty. what would you like to do?"


Too many damn coincidences in this mission. Alays arrives just as we fight the Sunaj and turns out to possibly have been through the Door? Now someone arrives at the gates asking for Sir Ronith? I've seen prolepsis at work, but this is like some overt hand of fate putting things in our path. Grant thinks as he listens to the message.

"What has he said is his business with Sir Ronith?" Grant asks. When the guard states he's bringing something from Zoe, he calls out to Sir Ronith. "Sir Ronith, apparently Zoe has sent a messenger after us, he's at the entrance of Dwoemer. It appears to be a single man who came through a dimensional portal. Do you want him to meet us here? Or have him go Mr. Hornes' residence and let him babysit this guy until we are done with our mission?"

He relays Sir Ronith's answer back to the guard. What was I talking about? The door. THE DOOR! "Alays, it's a dimension that should have similar features as Dwoemer, but broken. It's sort of a dump for all the undesirable things of Dweomer. Crumbed buildings, heaps of trash and debris, and of course fearsome monsters. Somewhere in there is a man we were hired to find. He actually looks like the man Beltin has been guarding."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Barracuda » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:11 pm

Perception: 1d100:
6
/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20:
5
/1d100:
99


Barracuda stays present for the interrogation, curious as to the nature of the golden woman. Unfortunately, he doesn't get the answers he wants from her fanatical ranting. "No one here's afraid of you, Hammerpants."

Barracuda helps sort out the gear with Grant and gets swords to the people who could use them. He also pays extra close attention to the body of the Sunaj Lieutenant that he undressed to find any details about who was after them. Any information he finds, he'll point out to Ronith.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:38 am

JIC: 1d20:
7
, 1d100:
45

PER: 1d100:
6
vs. 66% (+15% hearing)

Conditions
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 428 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 5 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%


Ronith will slip into his native tongue without a thought, translating for Grant and the others if necessary during the interrogation. However, it quickly becomes apparent to the cyber-knight that their prisoners are either mercenaries or slaves. The gold woman is clearly the result of the Splugorth slave arenas. Poor thing. I hope that they can help her here. He will, however, play along with Grant's ruse (and try to hide his bemused grin while doing so).

Once Ronith is satisfied that the trio has no useful information to provide, he will turn them over to the authorities as quickly as possible. Ever the collector, the cyber-knight will examine the newly recovered blades with interest, but upon concluding that they have little to offer in terms of augmenting his current capabilities Ronith will happily allow the others to claim what they wish. Any unused gear goes in one of the storage lockers, save for the poison- Ronith will gingerly set that aside with a look of disgust. We shall have to find some way to dispose of these.

Grant Latham wrote:"Sir Ronith, apparently Zoe has sent a messenger after us, he's at the entrance of Dwoemer. It appears to be a single man who came through a dimensional portal. Do you want him to meet us here? Or have him go Mr. Hornes' residence and let him babysit this guy until we are done with our mission?"
Ronith will reply to Dweomer security, requesting that they let the messenger through. It's possible that the Sunaj or their allies heard of Zoe and are using her name to try and trap us... But they have their own teleporter, why go to the trouble of opening a rift? One man is unlikely to succeed against us where their entire squad failed. To Grant, he replies "We shall hear what this man has to say. It strikes me as unlikely that he is in league with the assassins, and if he is I shall swiftly give him cause to regret that allegance."

To the entire team, Ronith adds "We shall hear what this man has to say, then proceed to the Broken Door. Ashlynn, if you are up for it we shall take all the help we can get. Suit up and get ready, but do not push yourself unnecessary. The rest of you, see to the disbursement of our spoils and prepare to move out. We cannot discount the possibility that the Sunaj have other allies out there- now is the time to make our move, before they recover their equilibrium."

When Jack arrives, Ronith will step out of the APC and meet him. He will keep his swords sheathed unless his sixth sense warns him of danger, but he will take several long strides away from the team vehicle so that he's meeting Jack a good ~50 feet away, out in the open. There, the cyber-knight will say calmly, "I am Sir Ronith Turand. You have a message for me?"
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 66/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Zoe Barenger » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:33 pm

JACK

Standing nearby is a warrior of some kind. He is dressed in high tech military body armor with 2 swords on his back and a fancy pistol on each hip. His cloak is the deepest black and seems to blow with no wind. There is a feeling of dread around him. The term “Bad ass” comes to mind as jack looks on.

[quote=Ronith] There, the cyber-knight will say calmly, "I am Sir Ronith Turand. You have a message for me?"[/quote]


RONITH

You hear the sound of a large engine coming closer long before your senses say anything. As you stand there, a 3 wheeled monster of a bike comes roaring down the road, following a will-o-wisp. As it gets closer, you can see that it is a man dressed in body armor. There is no helm so you can see the face. He looks human but the disfigurement of his face makes itnhard to tell at a distance.
User avatar
Zoe Barenger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 am
Location: AGM: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:00 am

(rolls carried)

Lore: Psychics & Psionics 89% vs 1d100:
10
| Knowledge of Crazies
Lore: Magic (Identify Magic Items) 87% vs 1d100:
30
| Knowledge of who can power TW devices.

Grant watches as Sir Ronith exits the APC to meet the newcomer, he looks at the new blade at his side. This blade's power is subtle, but this is a back up weapon for me. This should be used on the front line. He looks over at Alays, thinking of the bumps that must stick out of his skull. Those implants should increase psychic energy, that can be used to power this type of weapon as well.

"Alays, I've been thinking. This blade, I had thought I would use best, but I think it would be better if you wielded it. You should be able to use your psychic abilities to activate it. The enchantment will last a substantial time, making it worth the mental reserves to activate it. While not as strong as the blades that Sir Ronith wields, or the psychic razor of Beltin, it will quickly take down mortal foes, including those in power armor. Weakening them from the inside." He unstraps the blade and holds it out. "Those claws are not nearly as efficient, but if an enemy is close enough for me to have to use them, it might be useful as a last ditch weapon."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:10 pm

Perception: 1d100:
9

JIC: 1d20:
15
& 1d100:
50


Zoe Barenger wrote:JACK
Standing nearby is a warrior of some kind. He is dressed in high tech military body armor with 2 swords on his back and a fancy pistol on each hip. His cloak is the deepest black and seems to blow with no wind. There is a feeling of dread around him. The term “Bad ass” comes to mind as jack looks on.
Ronith wrote: There, the cyber-knight will say calmly, "I am Sir Ronith Turand. You have a message for me?"


Jack follows the ball of light toward a large armored vehicle. As they come upon the vehicle Jack can see a large warrior standing near the vehicle. The man acknowledges Jack and tells him he is Sir Ronith. Jack wonders Now how the hell am I gonna know if this is really Sir Ronith? Do I take this guys word? I just rode through a hole in space and was shit out somewhere and I have no idea this is where I am supposed to be. Shit.

He stares at the man for a good two or three minutes trying to figure out how he will know for sure that this isn't a rouse. "I do have a message for Sir Ronith. How do I know you are him? You got some ID? Your momma sew your name on your underwear?" Jack says to him hoping the man has a plausible way to prove who he is.

Do I just trust him, give him the stuff and just go back? Hell, I don't even have a way home. I forgot about that. I need a way back. Jack starts to internalize the panic as he realizes that he screwed up and didn't lock in his way home. "If you are Sir Ronith, Tell me where your home is and how you plan to get back."

Maybe if this is him he will let me follow him back. I still need to collect my paycheck from that Zoe chick. All kind of thoughts start to pas through Jack's mind. "Do you know Sir Elton?" he throws out in a nervous fashion. Jack starts to fumble around in the sack on the back of boar looking for the package from Zoe while he waits for the warriors reply.

Nervously he continues, "What's the name of the chick that makes the great sandwiches? She got a beau? Might want to talk to her some more when I get back. Met a crazy goat chick too! Strange one. Not too ashamed to say she might have peaked my interests."
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:55 am

Perception: 73% (enclosed spaces)/78% (wide open spaces) 1d100:
4
(CRIT SUCCESS)
JIC: 1d20:
15

1d100:
65


Sir Ronith wrote:"Ashlynn, if you are up for it we shall take all the help we can get. Suit up and get ready, but do not push yourself unnecessary."


Ashlynn nods, and hustles into the spare armor offered Weiss, grunting only a little with the effort, but determined to do her part. afterward, she reclips into her harness, and resheathes her sword and reholsters her weapon. The new magic sword, if she was given one, whe will carry in her left hand.

OOC Comments
I'm assuming he offered her the NG Roadrunner suit?


Once re-armored and re-armed (LOL), she leans against the APC and takes a few deep breaths before standing upright, and saying, "Ready to go."

Her mind, however, has concerns. Am I, though? I mean, I'll go against whoever I need to to protect my family... but... I don't want to be a distraction in combat. I need to play this smarter. Fight from a distance, use the gun more. Find cover - all those tricks Pangur Ban taught me that I never use - if I wanna make it through this.

Ashlynn rolls her shoulders, ready to go, and flexes her right fist, in part to begin becoming accustomed to the pain. It's ugly... but it works. I have Grant to thank for that - I'll never be able to repay that.

If she sees Jack ride up and ask for Ronith, she'll regard him cautiously.

Eyeball a Fella 71% 1d100:
17
(SUCCESS)

Jack wrote:"I do have a message for Sir Ronith. How do I know you are him? You got some ID? Your momma sew your name on your underwear? If you are Sir Ronith, Tell me where your home is and how you plan to get back."


Ashlynn laughs at this. "Seriously - you expect us to tell you our plans? Nice try. That's definitely Sir Ronith, though, Lord of the Granite Hall and leader of the Heroes for Hire, who are we. W-w-we are they. The Heroes for Hire, I mean. That's us."

Jack wrote:"What's the name of the chick that makes the great sandwiches? She got a beau? Might want to talk to her some more when I get back. Met a crazy goat chick too! Strange one. Not too ashamed to say she might have peaked my interests."


Ashlynn tilts her head. "You talkin' about Marit? She's married to Beltin."
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:31 am

Ronith wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20:
7
, Original post: 1d100:
45

PER: Original post: 1d100:
6
vs. 66% (+15% hearing)

Conditions
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 428 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 5 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%


Jack McDermott wrote:"I do have a message for Sir Ronith. How do I know you are him? You got some ID? Your momma sew your name on your underwear?... Do you know Sir Elton?...What's the name of the chick that makes the great sandwiches? She got a beau? Might want to talk to her some more when I get back. Met a crazy goat chick too! Strange one. Not too ashamed to say she might have peaked my interests."
I do not have time for this."If the swords and the cyber-armor do not give it away, consider which scenario is more likely; Dweomer's guards sent you to the correct elf, or they are all secretly working for me and 'in on it' as you humans like to say. Only you can judge whether the message Zoe sent is worth going to that much trouble, but knowing her as I do I suspect it is not. Frankly, I shall be happy if it's not merely anxious ranting about a conjunctivitis epidemic in Merctown."

"The fact remains, I am Sir Ronith Turand, Knight Eminent, Commander of Heroes for Hire, and Lord of the Granite Hall. If you have the knack and the inclination you may scan my surface thoughts to determine my veracity; otherwise the only proof I can offer you is what you see before you. My subordinates in the APC can vouch for me, but that would not convince a skeptical man. Did Zoe not provide you with our team radio frequency with which to contact us? You may transmit on it and listen to me if that shall suffice. Either way, however, I must ask that you decide quickly. I have wounded to tend to and a mission to complete."
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 66/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:10 pm

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100:
9

JIC: Original post: 1d20:
15
& Original post: 1d100:
50



Ronith wrote:"The fact remains, I am Sir Ronith Turand, Knight Eminent, Commander of Heroes for Hire, and Lord of the Granite Hall. If you have the knack and the inclination you may scan my surface thoughts to determine my veracity; otherwise the only proof I can offer you is what you see before you. My subordinates in the APC can vouch for me, but that would not convince a skeptical man. Did Zoe not provide you with our team radio frequency with which to contact us? You may transmit on it and listen to me if that shall suffice. Either way, however, I must ask that you decide quickly. I have wounded to tend to and a mission to complete."


Well apparently someone didn't get to finish breakfast thins morning. Jack thinks to himself while listening to Sir Ronith. "Don't get your panties in a bunch. I didnt know you were pressed for time. Zoe in fact didn't give me a way to verify you are you, but I am going to assume you are you since you say you are in fact yourself." Jack hands him the package from Zoe.

"So your on some big mission, important and all? It so happens that no that I have delivered this package I am a free agent. You guys need any help? Any good news in that package?" Jack looks around the knight and scans the APC. Then he looks over at the girl who walked up and winks, "I dont know her name but she sure can make a great sandwich. Nice lady too. If she is married that dude is quite lucky. How about you? You good at making sandwiches? Is the big guy over here always wound so tight?" he says to her with a hidden smirk under his face buff.

Looking back over at Sir Ronith he says, "I am sir Jack of McDermott, King of queens, Lord of the rings and I would be honered to join your group of merry men if you would have me." Jack solutes the man and snaps to attention, allbeit in a goofy sort of way. I really hope they take me on, I can use the money and hell, I dont even know how to get home.

Jack stands patiently and silently waiting for a reply.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:20 am

*Addendum-body search*

Barracuda and Ronith undertake the grisly work of stripping the leader out of his armor. Though there is trauma to the torso there is no doubt in either of their minds that his sinews were as tough as either one of theirs. Not only that, but he and the other black demon-assassins are all covered with tattoos, many of them similar to the others. Further, their bodies are for a lack of a better word; perfect. Even to many elves these humans would seem perfect, unlike most humans. Even the traits one would normally attribute to warriors; scars, injuries, callouses are not present. Sadly, physical perfection obviously did not carry on to their souls.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:00 pm

Ronith wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20:
7
, Original post: 1d100:
45

PER: Original post: 1d100:
6
vs. 66% (+15% hearing)
Conditions
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 428 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 5 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%
Anthropology- 1d100:
34
vs. 91%
To follow Jack's pop-cultural references
Streetwise- 1d100:
33
vs. 76%
Checking for gang tattoos, etc.

Ronith will scan the tattoos for anything he recognizes- in particular, he knows that street gangs sometimes tattoo their members, and he will be interested in anything that can shed possible light on a Splugorth-MercTown connection. He is also familiar with tattoo magic, both from his time as a cyber-knight and his battles against the Splugorth, and will look for confirmation of that fact as well.

Jack McDermott wrote:"I am sir Jack of McDermott, King of queens, Lord of the rings and I would be honered to join your group of merry men if you would have me."
Is he... Making human pop cultural references? Ronith takes the package and begins opening it, not taking his eyes off of Jack as he does so. When the package is open, Ronith's eyes flip down to examine the contents- a photograph and a couple of sheets of paper.

Seems like an awful lot of trouble for a new recruit. I wonder why she didn't just have him wait at the Haven for our return? But I suppose we could use reinforcements before we head into the door. Aloud, he says "You come highly recommended, Mr. McDermott, even if it is only Zoe. Heroes for Hire accepts new recruits, with one simple condition. I do not require any oaths, but you should know that I expect all members of my team to follow the broad strokes of the cyber-knight code. We protect the innocent, fight evil, and respect the law where doing so does not conflict with the other two. Do this, and you can expect an equal share of our payout. If you agree, you are most welcome to join us. Even if you plan to continue referencing ancient human literary titles and playing cards." Perhaps he and the Crazy can keep one another entertained.

Assuming Jack accepts, Ronith adds (ignoring any additional sarcasm for the moment), "Fall in with the APC. You and Alays can serve as outriders while we proceed to our objective. If you have any equipment that relies upon magical energy, you should be aware that we are going to a place where it may not function as it normally should. Welcome to Heroes for Hire." Ronith waves Jack over, and heads back to the APC. Once back inside, he says over the radio "Everyone, say hello to Jack when you get a chance. Let us move out."
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 66/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:43 pm

Perception: 45% 1d100:
89

JIC 1d100:
6
1d20:
13



Ashlynn wrote:Ashlynn smiles misschievously, despite her fatigue. "I lost my arms. I mean... my, uh, weapons. My laser sword and my gun. I mean, I lost my arms too but I got 'em back."


Weiss hands her weapons back to her and picks up one of the sets of Bushman armour, leaving it by her side.

"Been recently worn, but better protection than my Roadrunner armour." he tells her, "hopefully keep you in one piece. So no rushing off when we get in there. Sounds like it would be easy to get lost."

Grant Latham wrote:. "John, Alays, these blades appear to be benign, for edge weapons," Grant jokes with a grin, "Pick the one you like best."


Weiss takes one of the swords, trusting in Grant's expertise that there are no side effects associated with it. He twirls the blade, getting an idea of the heft and balance of the weapon. Whilst certainly not an expert in swords like Sir Ronith, Weiss certainly looks like he knows what he is doing with it and with some natural talent to go with it.


Alays wrote:"You know, you can never have too many blades at your disposal. Options are always nice. Thank you. Oh! You had mentioned something about a door being a gateway to somewhere else? That sounds eerily like where I just came from. Do you know where this door leads to? What kind of world it is?"


Grant Latham wrote:Alays, it's a dimension that should have similar features as Dwoemer, but broken. It's sort of a dump for all the undesirable things of Dweomer. Crumbed buildings, heaps of trash and debris, and of course fearsome monsters. Somewhere in there is a man we were hired to find. He actually looks like the man Beltin has been guarding."


Considering a number of groups have been searching for this door, surely not a coincidence. Certainly not affiliated with the Sunaj, unless they are playing a very dangerous game and sacrificing their pieces.

"Is this somewhere you went alone?" Weiss asks, sliding his sword into a hanger on his belt, "and if it is the same place, what can you tell us about it? So far, it would appear that you are a rare person with first hand experience."

As Ronith meets with Jack, Weiss moves the Beauty very carefully back into the APC considering the damage to her superstructure, though he stops for a moment to pick up the rear access door to hold it in place. Would not be difficult to bypass the door, but with a robot also blocking access, it would restrict space. He takes a quick look at the damage

OOC Comments
Mechanical Engineer 44% 1d100:
53


Ronith wrote:"Everyone, say hello to Jack when you get a chance. Let us move out."


"If he needs another rifle, we picked a couple L-20s," Weiss responds, "should ensure everyone is well armed.
As Weiss climbs through into the front of the APC to get it moving, he thinks for a second and activates his radio again, "Speaking of which, how many spare E-clips did we pick up? Everyone who needs it should have plenty of ammo available."
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:04 am

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100:
9

JIC: Original post: 1d20:
15
& Original post: 1d100:
50


Ronith wrote:Aloud, he says "You come highly recommended, Mr. McDermott, even if it is only Zoe. Heroes for Hire accepts new recruits, with one simple condition. I do not require any oaths, but you should know that I expect all members of my team to follow the broad strokes of the cyber-knight code. We protect the innocent, fight evil, and respect the law where doing so does not conflict with the other two. Do this, and you can expect an equal share of our payout. If you agree, you are most welcome to join us. Even if you plan to continue referencing ancient human literary titles and playing cards."

Assuming Jack accepts, Ronith adds (ignoring any additional sarcasm for the moment), "Fall in with the APC. You and Alays can serve as outriders while we proceed to our objective. If you have any equipment that relies upon magical energy, you should be aware that we are going to a place where it may not function as it normally should. Welcome to Heroes for Hire." Ronith waves Jack over, and heads back to the APC. Once back inside, he says over the radio "Everyone, say hello to Jack when you get a chance. Let us move out."


This dude really is like Lancelot or something. I wonder if he has a bad bone in his body. Jack wonders to himself while listening to the cyber-knights offer. ”Cyber-knight huh, that sounds pretty official. Your terms don’t sound all too awful. I guess I could go along with that. Just one thing, I’m not all to familiar with you “code” and all,” Jack says to him while actually making air quotation marks with both his hands. ”so if I get out of line you’re going to have to let me know” he finishes.

Jack looks up to the APC and listens to Ronith Speak over the radio and when he finishes, ”Hey bubba, you got another one of those radios? I don’t have one and it sure would be great to be able to communicate with the team. Or not. Haven’t met all of them yet anyway. Well I wonder what I’m getting myself into here. Could be fun, I guess. Doesn’t seem like they have a need to take advantage of me anyhow. This elf though, high and mighty like all the rest. Cyber-Knight, righteous. Probably thinks he is better than all us humans. Nothing better to do. Maybe this chick will provide some entertainment.

Jack looks back over that the chick that walked up with Ronith, ”Since I’m going to be around a while maybe it would be good to get your name. You want a ride?”Jack says to her and motions his head to get on the boar. If she gets on or not Jack rides over to the back of the APC to meet the rest of the team. On his way over he worries a little about what Ronith said about magic stuff, Still don't know how this bow works, is it tech, magic. Shit, I hope I don't have troubles with it where we are going.

When Jack gets to the back, before introducing himself and almost not aware of others around him he starts looking through his gear bag to bag and back again. "Damn it man, I must not have picked one up." he calls out and rifles through his bags one more time. "Anyone got a notebook I can use? I want to chart a quick map back to the front gate. I don't like to get lost."

OOC Comments
Jack doesnt have a radio so I purposely ignored and radio chatter he couldnt directly hear.
Last edited by Jack McDermott on Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:44 pm

(rolls carried)

Ronith wrote:Once back inside, he says over the radio "Everyone, say hello to Jack when you get a chance. Let us move out."


Jack McDermott wrote:When Jack gets to the back, before introducing himself and almost not aware of others around him he starts looking through his gear bag to bag and back again. "Damn it man, I must not have picked one up." he calls out and rifles through his bags one more time. "Anyone got a notebook I can use? I want to chart a quick map back to the front gate. I don't like to get lost."


Grant opens the door for Sir Ronith, and welcomes Jack. "Welcome to the team, Jack." He reaches into one of his pouches at his waist, a keen eye might pick up that his hand goes a bit deeper into the pocket than should be possible. He pulls his hand out, and tugs at the end as a notepad is pulled through the opening. Taking a few sheets from the pad he hands them over. "Here, you can use these," he says. He puts the notepad back in the pouch, taking time to carefully roll it so it will fit in the opening.

He turns back to Jack and looks at him closely, He's heavily scared and he's covering his face. "Jack I can see you have some scars, but we've had a lot of masked agents come at us recently, would you mind showing us your face?" If he does, Grant can't help but wince. I can't put illusionary magic into a talisman to possibly help him. "What happened?" Grant asks. "I've heard that there are some cybernetic/cosmetic options that could possibly restore your face, have you considered that option?"
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:38 pm

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100:
9

JIC: Original post: 1d20:
15
& Original post: 1d100:
50


Jack takes the sheets of paper from him. "Thank you, I appreciate it." he tells the man directly.

Grant Latham wrote:He turns back to Jack and looks at him closely, He's heavily scared and he's covering his face. "Jack I can see you have some scars, but we've had a lot of masked agents come at us recently, would you mind showing us your face?"


Wow, three sheets of paper and we are besties now? "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours. Well maybe we should be on first name basis before either of us shows anything. Unless your into one night stands? You into one night stands? Maybe the wily chick can join us and we can call it a party." Jack tells the man. He quickly jots down a map showing where he is and how to get back to the main gate he came in at. he looks back up at the man and says, "If you must." Jack pulls down his face buff long enough for the man to get a good look and then covers back up.

Grant Latham wrote:"What happened?" Grant asks. "I've heard that there are some cybernetic/cosmetic options that could possibly restore your face, have you considered that option?"


"Fix what? Perfection like this is hard to come by. I just keep my face covered so the ladies don't swoon all over the place." Jack looks back over at the chick and winks. "Don't fall in love too quick." he tells her. Then he looks back at the guy who gave him the paper. "Crazy thing is, I don't know what did it. One minute I'm boating on my way to the Bahamas, life is beautiful, I got chicks everywhere. Then BAM crazy blue hell lightning is everywhere and I wake up in this hell hole of an earth. Jack looks down avoiding eye contact. Thinking of home often touched a nerve he tried to avoid. It doesn't exist anymore, no need to long for it if it can never be he thinks to himself.

He looks around at the group, "So what about that radio?" he says generally t the group. "And maybe some names. Unless you like being called Dude or Bub."
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:33 pm

(rolls carried)

Well he can live with that mug, I'll get used to it eventually, Grant thinks to himself. "I think you are out of luck on the radio, I don't remember seeing one in the APC." He holds out a hand, "Let's start over, welcome Jack, my name is Grant."

"Bahamas? Is that a lake? I haven't heard anything with that name around here. But the idea that something could just strike without warning does sound a lot like the kind of thing that happens all the time now." Grant says.

When the opportunity arises, he goes back and checks out the body of the Sunaj leader. He pulls back the sheet to look at the body and it's tattoos. "Y'know, from what little I know, I can't think of anyone who can claim to have tangled with the Sunaj and lived to tell the tale. Nor of anyone every having captured one, dead or alive. From a lecture I remember, they discussed magical tattoos and that if you have enough of them it can alter the durability of the body, The Splugorth are supposed to have created warrior-slaves that use tattoo magic. But I haven't gotten the impression that the Sunaj are slaves, but more like hired mercenaries. I think we have an important discovery, and will need to figure out a way to hide the body and armor so we can take it back with us. Maybe we should take it through the door and stash it there until we are ready to come out."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Barracuda » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:00 pm

Perception: 1d100:
27
/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20:
5
/1d100:
44


Barracuda strips the Sunaj Leader in silence, noting the various tattoos but not coming to any profound realization about them. Gang members? This dude is seriously ripped. Like, damn. While Ronith attends to their new guest, Barracuda gets the bodies organized along with their gear.

Ronith wrote:"Everyone, say hello to Jack when you get a chance. Let us move out."

Barracuda wraps it up and heads back into the APC. He gives Jack a wave when he sees the newcomer. "Barracuda. Welcome aboard."
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:03 am

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100:
9

JIC: Original post: 1d20:
15
& Original post: 1d100:
50


Grant Latham wrote:"I think you are out of luck on the radio, I don't remember seeing one in the APC." He holds out a hand, "Let's start over, welcome Jack, my name is Grant."

"Bahamas? Is that a lake? I haven't heard anything with that name around here. But the idea that something could just strike without warning does sound a lot like the kind of thing that happens all the time now." Grant says.


Jack take the mans hand, ”Nice to meet you Grant, thanks for the paper.”Having another human around definitely helps to ease Jack’s nerves. ”The Bahamas was a place of beauty, It is no more and there is no point dwelling on the ancient past. This new word demands enough attention just to stay alive and doesn’t leave any room for romantic fancy. I wish it wasn’t so but such is life.”

Barracuda wrote:Barracuda wraps it up and heads back into the APC. He gives Jack a wave when he sees the newcomer. "Barracuda. Welcome aboard."


Jack nods at the man, ”It’s Jack. Not Barracuda, but I can see how you can mix those up and all.” This new guy seems human enough but Jack has a feeling something is slightly off about the man. If he is one of them I cant quite put my finger on it yet. he thinks to himself.

Looking around and generally addressing the group, ”So, with no radio what is the procedure for communication?”
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to H4H Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron