Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

In Century Station Operation Overlord has begun, villains beware!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Rook » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:41 pm

Perception (24%) 1d100 = 79
JIC D20 1d20 = 4
JIC D100 1d100 = 11

Everything seemed to happen so quickly to Rook, though in hindsight perhaps it was the effect she was under from.. whoever did whatever it was? The young heroine spread her wings and started to move towards the one called Herring, but as Empire re-appeared from.. somewhere.. she changed direction and moved to crouch beside him instead, to check and make sure that he is ok.

The molasses feeling continued to raise a bit of panic, a panic which she tried to force to the back of her mind with some success - then suddenly, it was gone, which was almost as much of a shock to her senses as when it started Blinking a few times, she looks between Empire and Rampart, then to where the aperture had been.

"What.. the hell just happened?" Rook asked, her tone a little unsteady.
User avatar
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Moya » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:37 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 93 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 82

With the bright flash of light, Moya takes up a defensive stance as she looks around for an incoming attack. Drawing her combat knife, she slowly walks through the door and towards where the flash of light came from. Not wanting to take any chances, she readies her other hand over her grenade attached to her utility belt.

Catch me once off guard is all I am going to give you. I ain't going to let happen a second. Besides if Chimera is here then there's bound to be fight sooner or later.

Rook wrote:"What.. the hell just happened?"


As the winged woman speaks, Moya stops dead in her tracks and hunkers down a little to blend into the shadows better. She waits for the others before she makes her next moves.

What do we got her? Are they friend or foe? Have they even seen me yet or can I get the drop on them. They probably don't know what kind of thing I can do, won't that be a surprise for them. If I play my cards right then I should be able to walk out of here without a fight but that's the boring way.


Prowl 53% - 1d100 = 85
HP: 156/156
SDC: 274/274
ISP: 47/51

Consistent Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Moya Thunderbird
User avatar
Moya
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:30 pm

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Tom Cassidy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:37 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12/52%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 63

Conditions:
- Force Field SDC at start of post: 1850/2700
- Force Field Body Armor: 300/300 SDC
- Giant force construct hand has a 48 minute duration remaining
- Energy Shield has a 45.50 minute duration remaining

Rampart realizes the error of his ways the instant he tries to erect his personal force field and finds that it takes a lot longer than it should. Stupid, stupid, stupid… he berates himself. Guess my ‘rookie act’ was more than just an act. Should’ve played this smarter. Now we’ve screwed the pooch and let the bad guys get away.

He can only watch helplessly as Lacuna departs the premises along with Herring, Eyespy, and what he guesses to be the Electrocutioner. When he’s able to move freely again he lets loose with a scream of frustration worthy of a king and wonders for a moment who looks sadder – him or the depressed patron.

Blackhaunt wrote:Empire, sitting on the ground, looks up at the other heroes. "OK, that sucked."


“That’s the understatement of the day,” Tom says as he helps Empire to his feet. “I’d use the term ‘total pooch screw’ myself. I’m guessing Shiny White Suit sucked you into his bag of holding when you charged in here like he did with Divine just now. You remember anything about being trapped in there? Did you happen to see a heavily-tattooed guy? He was supposed to be our ‘inside guy’ but we lost contact with him as soon as he entered.”

Rook wrote:"What.. the hell just happened?" Rook asked, her tone a little unsteady.


“What happened? We blew the collar, that’s what happened…” Tom grouses. “That’s why you ask for as much intel as possible during the briefing. ‘Oh by the way Omegas, we hear that the strip joint is run by a super-villain who can put people in his back pocket and he has a ginger vegan sidekick who can slow down time.’ THAT would have been helpful to know, wouldn’t it?”

He shakes his head. No, don’t go there. Every mission has variables. Things you weren’t expecting. What did Poole say during training? “No battle plan survives contact with the enemy.” Had you stopped mouthing off like a blithering idiot and just started punching, you might have taken Lacuna down before he had a chance to get away.

He hits his commlink with a sigh. “C-SWAT, this is Omega Charlie...” he doesn’t even try to hide the disappointment in his voice. “Targets have fled the scene with help from additional supers inside. Sweeping the rest of the building now. Over.”

Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 89/90%

He looks around at Rook and Empire. “We still have a couple of minutes before C-SWAT gets here to mop up, so let’s check to make sure there are no more nasty surprises for them -- or for us, for that matter. I’ll go downstairs, you two go upstairs. Holler if you see anything out of the ordinary.”

He starts downstairs to check out the basement. If he sees Moya he’ll strike a defensive pose. “Hold it right there, ma’am, we’re CHIMERA agents -- who are you and what are you doing here?”
User avatar
Tom Cassidy
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited: Century Station

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby EBAH » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:38 pm

Zericho

Local Conditions wrote:Date: Sunday, March 22nd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (62 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 5:35 pm

YOU USED TO CALL ME ON MY CELL PHONE
Strip Club:

Important Plot Point wrote:He motions for the patrons to head through and most of them do.


Moya perceives the room: a robot, a dude and a winged chick, plus a super strung out guy with huge headphones and a half dozen young ladies. Everyone looks a little confused. It's a bar...no...it's more than that. There's a long stage, with poles. Ugh. Poles. But at the moment, no one is dancing and the music is silenced.

It might be a little tense, in fact. The DJ has a revolver in his hands that's way too big for his spindly hands. The employees are looking around with just as much confusion as the hero-types. That they are hero types is not question.

Unfortunately all eyes, mobster and hero, turn towards her as she blunders into a stack of palettes of glasses. That makes a loud noise. And everyone sees the new addition standing there.

Sasha, Tom and Jason hear the clatter and turn to see another very heroic and attractive young woman standing right next to a stack of glasses.

One of the women raises begins to raise a phone to her head. It does beg the question, though, where did she have the phone, since its spangly "diamond" encrusted case clashing with the western themed "outfit".

What are you doing?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1081
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Moya » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:26 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 90 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 12

*CRASH* *SOUNDS OF GLASS BREAKING*

S%@#! What was I thinking. Look before you leap they say. Now I know why. So much for trying to get the jump on anyone. Well, now it time to face the music. Should I attempt to try and pick this up or act like I meant to cause a scene?

Tom Cassidy wrote:“Hold it right there, ma’am, we’re CHIMERA agents -- who are you and what are you doing here?”


Moya's stance goes from a stealthy one to one filled with more embarrassment than anything else. She sheaths he knife back into her belt before speaking. Her voice hints at disappointments and humility.

"Um… CHIMERA, huh?! Well, my name is Moya Thunderbird and as for what I am doing here, that's a bit more convoluted. Would you believe that I have no recollection of how I came to be here? I mean, I went to bed and the next thing I know, I am waking up in a box in the basement. I came up here and now we're here talking. That's about it. If you don't mind, who are you, other than CHIMERA, and what are you folks up to?"

By now, Moya's stance shifts to a more friendly posture, perceiving the main threat to be non existent at the moment. She continues to look around the room. Seeing a woman with a exquisite phone, Moya begins to feel an uneasiness creep in. She points in her general direction before opening her mouth.

"Is she one of yours? He phone seems a bit peculiar, if I do say so myself or is that just the norm around here?"

Charm/Impress: 48% - 1d100 = 31
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 53% -1d100 = 49
HP: 156/156
SDC: 274/274
ISP: 47/51

Consistent Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Moya Thunderbird
User avatar
Moya
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:30 pm

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Empire » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98/35% (65% in armor)
JIC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 64

Tom Cassidy wrote:“That’s the understatement of the day,” Tom says as he helps Empire to his feet. “I’d use the term ‘total pooch screw’ myself. I’m guessing Shiny White Suit sucked you into his bag of holding when you charged in here like he did with Divine just now. You remember anything about being trapped in there? Did you happen to see a heavily-tattooed guy? He was supposed to be our ‘inside guy’ but we lost contact with him as soon as he entered.”

Empire gladly accepts the hand up even though his suits gyroscopic stabilizing servos would right him more easily. "Yeah, if I ever see Shiny White Suit again, he's gonna be sucking some lasers through a straw." Empire rubs his robotic hand on the back of his robotic exoskeletal head and says "Did I remember anything? No, it was only a few seconds of nothingness. But when I came out, dude was gone and you were here. Didn't see the Doodles guy. Didn't see anything. Pure darkness and silence."

Empire starts to raise his hackles about Rampart giving him instructions. You're the new guy! I'm babysitting you! But he quickly gives that up. Aw, fuck it. What do I care? It was a good call. "Got it. Let's head upstairs Wings." Empire starts to head UP when Moya makes a noise, he sees the DJ with a gun in his hand and a dancer with her phone to her head. "Yo, DJ! Put that thing away! And Candy! Phone down. Now!"

If the DJ doesn't put the phone away or the dancer doesn't put her phone away, Empire will confiscate them. Mechanically.
Empire
Jason "Empire" Warner, Robo-Jock Extraordinaire

Armor SDC: 700/700
SDC: 59/59
HP: 30/30

Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250/250
Features:
1) Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
2) Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
3) Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'


Cumulative Robot Bonuses (In-Flight):
+1 attack/melee | +7 to initiative
+5 to perception | +1 to pull punch
+15 to HtH damage | +2 to strike HtH
+6 to strike with distance weapons | +4 to parry
+3 to dodge


Image
User avatar
Empire
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited PC (Century Station)

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Rook » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:02 pm

Perception (24%) 1d100 = 23
JIC D20 1d20 = 2
JIC D100 1d20 = 15

A brief nod from Rook to Rampart as she turns to look for a set of stairs to ascend, though spotting the DJ with the pistol she immediately diverts her movements to head in his direction, making it clear with her body-language that she was unafraid of the possibility of being shot. "Put the gun down." she states on a firm tone, bringing one hand up in what she hopes is a somewhat threatening manner. "We don't want to hurt you."

Of course, the sound of someone accidentally crashing into a stack of dishes draws her attention, though Rook is careful to keep herself position to keep an eye on the DJ as best she can. Frowning, she studies Maya, suspicion evident.. though by the end of the others monologue Rook has relaxed a little. Just a little. Looking to Rampart and Empire, she gives her head a questioning little tilt.

"What do you guys think?"

Roll to Intimidate the DJ (55%) 1d100 = 90
Last edited by Rook on Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Tom Cassidy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 34/52%
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 88

Conditions:
- Force Field SDC at start of post: 1850/2700
- Force Field Body Armor: 300/300 SDC
- Giant force construct hand has a 47.75 minute duration remaining
- Energy Shield has a 45.25 minute duration remaining

Moya wrote:"Um… CHIMERA, huh?! Well, my name is Moya Thunderbird and as for what I am doing here, that's a bit more convoluted. Would you believe that I have no recollection of how I came to be here? I mean, I went to bed and the next thing I know, I am waking up in a box in the basement. I came up here and now we're here talking. That's about it. If you don't mind, who are you, other than CHIMERA, and what are you folks up to?"


Rook wrote:"What do you guys think?"


Tom relaxes his posture as well and offers Rook a half shrug. "Fair enough, Ms. Thunderbird. We're part of the Omegas," he gestures to the others and himself. "Empire, Rook, and... Rampart." Geez, that name sounds so corny now... he thinks to himself. It made sense with the patriotic SLJ theme, but that's ancient history. Guess that's something I'll have to ask the higher ups at S.A.T.A.R. -- they may not even want me to use it anymore. Worry about it later though; you've got a job to do. "We're here to assist C-SWAT in apprehending two known fugitives. At least that was the plan right up until a minute or two ago. Now we get to play 'disappointing mop-up' now that our big fishes have swam away. I'm sure CSPD will be happy to take a statement from you if you want to file a report; sounds like you've got a solid case for kidnapping, false imprisonment, and even possibly human trafficking." That might be at least some sort of consolation prize if the D.A. can make any of that stick.

First Impression Rolls
Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 95/40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 98/30%
Law - General: 1d100 = 51/80% (to ascertain validity for kidnapping/false imprisonment/human trafficking case against Lacuna and/or the strip joint)


Empire wrote:"Yeah, if I ever see Shiny White Suit again, he's gonna be sucking some lasers through a straw." Empire rubs his robotic hand on the back of his robotic exoskeletal head and says "Did I remember anything? No, it was only a few seconds of nothingness. But when I came out, dude was gone and you were here. Didn't see the Doodles guy. Didn't see anything. Pure darkness and silence."


Tom nods. "Makes sense. Well, at least you're back on the outside with us now. Hopefully it won't seem but a few seconds for Divine and Doodles when we get them back. He mentioned his name was Lacuna and acted like he knew Balisong. That mean anything to you?"

Moya wrote:"Is she one of yours? Her phone seems a bit peculiar, if I do say so myself or is that just the norm around here?"

Rook wrote:"Put the gun down." she states on a firm tone, bringing one hand up in what she hopes is a somewhat threatening manner. "We don't want to hurt you."

Empire wrote:"Yo, DJ! Put that thing away! And Candy! Phone down. Now!"


"I don't know if anything in this joint counts as 'the norm,' given what I've seen today..." Tom quips. "Though it does seem weird for strippers to have their phones while on the job." He pauses a moment. "Not that I would know from personal experience, of course."

For a moment he considers saying something additional to the DJ and the stripper, but ultimately decides against it. Naaaahhhhhh. They got this. Instead, he just adds a 'no-no' finger wag with his giant energy hand.
User avatar
Tom Cassidy
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited: Century Station

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Rook » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:24 pm

(Rolls held over)

Rook glances back towards Rampart at that last quip, smirking but stifling a slight giggle. "Roger that, Rampart." the blonde mutant adds as she looks back towards the DJ, her wings spreading somewhat to effect a bit of a barrier.
User avatar
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby EBAH » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:51 am

Zericho

Local Conditions wrote:Date: Sunday, March 22nd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (62 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 5:40 pm

CANDY. YOU SAID IT, NOT ME.
Strip Club:

"Candy? What about it Tin Man? Compensating much?" the stripper says to Empire, before holding up the "just a minute" finger (the index version) in response to Rampart's gesture. Raising the phone she says, "Dispatch, this is Detective Levine, Vice, yeah, it's a mess, damn CHIMERA again, yeah, yeah, send CSI, let's see if we can salvage something."

Rampart's cop knowledge is enough to know her banter. Vice detectives are generally pretty grumpy when their cover is blown. Then she turns back to the Empire as he approaches to confiscate her mobile, "What?" She is actually quite attractive...and that's all Empire notices the closer he gets. Let's just say...if this was an anime, he'd have that nose bleed thing going on.

Rook and Rampart try to assert some authority in the situation, but the DJ ignores them at first. Neither seems threatening for some reason or another... But when Moya recovers from her entrance, and the Omegas treat her with respect, the tension in the room dissipates. The DJ puts the gun down rapidly, dropping it to the floor and backing up hands raised and a dumb smile on his face.

Not distracted by being ignored, Rook and Rampart do get a chance to survey the room for clues or anything really. There's not much. But the DJ looks like an actual professional, but it is weird to be packing heat, even if he works for organized crime. There is blood leading to one of the closets in the back...and what looks like four fingers sticking out from beneath the door!

What are you doing?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1081
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Moya » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:50 am

Perception : 1d100 = 70 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 19

Detective Levine wrote: "Dispatch, this is Detective Levine, Vice, yeah, it's a mess, damn CHIMERA again, yeah, yeah, send CSI, let's see if we can salvage something."


Really? More paperwork, now. Could this day get any worse? I always hate filling out reports. No one ever does anything with them anyways. Maybe if I blend in with these other Omegas, I won't have to repost to the detective?

Moya shakes her head when the detective phones in for her own backup but quickly stops in fear of someone seeing her disappointment. She takes a few seconds to watch the interaction with each other. Slowly turning her attention back to Rampart before speaking up.

"So, "Ram"-part, what's the next course of action, here? I mean, do you need me to stay around and file a report? Cruz, honestly, I really don't want to. There so boring. I prefer action over writing.

Standing at attention, Moya waits for a response from Rampart or whoever is in charge. Her facial expressions are that of a stoic statue. Her movements even mimic that of a statue, save for the slight rise of her chest. Moya makes an effort to mimic breathing, just in case anyone is paying that close attention to her.

I don't know them and they don't know me. Better keep an ace up my sleeve for when I'm down on my luck.
HP: 156/156
SDC: 274/274
ISP: 47/51

Consistent Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Moya Thunderbird
User avatar
Moya
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:30 pm

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Rook » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:02 pm

Perception (24%) 1d100 = 88
JIC D20 1d20 = 2
JIC D100 1d100 = 13

Rook watches as the DJ puts the weapon down on the ground, then offers a nod; she isn't sure if they have the authority to confiscate it, so she doesn't.. the young hero just assumes that the presence of.. a detective? Oh crap.. did we walk in on a sting operation?

Clearing her throat, Rook looks to Rampart and Empire a little uncertainly.. and that's when she takes note of.. a hand? Oh no. "Gentlemen.. lookie." she chirps, pointing towards the closet door, then immediately making her way over in that direction. As she passes Rampart and the detective, she comments to the latter, "Don't worry I'm not going to touch it.. just open the door."

To which, the blonde heroine follows up on her statement by opening the closet door, assuming no one else beats her to it.
User avatar
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Tom Cassidy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 8/52%
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 99

Conditions:
- Force Field SDC at start of post: 1850/2700

Rampart groans softly as "Candy" reports in. Of course she's a cop. Yet another item to add onto the list of 'things that would have been good to know before the mission started.' He lets his energy armor and weapons dissipate (though not the force fields keeping the goons outside contained). "Our sincerest apologies, detective..." he shrugs. "We weren't told the CSPD had a presence inside the establishment as well. How can we at least help with the mopping up?"

Moya wrote:"So, "Ram"-part, what's the next course of action, here? I mean, do you need me to stay around and file a report? Cruz, honestly, I really don't want to. There so boring. I prefer action over writing.


"I don't blame you, Ms. Thunderbird..." Tom nods. "The post-action reports were always the part I hated the most. And we can't force you to stick around and give a statement, of course, but you're the victim of an attempted kidnapping that took place here on the premises. Your assistance could possibly help the authorities nail this Lacuna guy for trafficking -- and I'm sure you'd agree that scuzz seriously needs to be taken off the streets." And it'd at least get something positive out of this fiasco, he adds to himself.

Rook wrote:"Gentlemen.. lookie." she chirps, pointing towards the closet door, then immediately making her way over in that direction. As she passes Rampart and the detective, she comments to the latter, "Don't worry I'm not going to touch it.. just open the door."

To which, the blonde heroine follows up on her statement by opening the closet door, assuming no one else beats her to it.


"Oh crap... Detective, I think we have a body!" Tom winces as he follows Rook's direction and sees the bloody fingers. As she reaches for the door he puts a hand on her shoulder. "Careful, don't touch the handle if you can help it. There might be fingerprints they can salvage." Please don't be Doodles... please don't be Doodles...

Once Rook gets the door open (with his help if needed) he surveys the crime scene. "Well, I don't think this was the 'private room experience' he was hoping for when he came in here."

Crime Scene Investigation -- 1d100 = 29/80%

I could really use a field kit, he thinks to himself as he looks over the scene. Wonder if I could request one?
User avatar
Tom Cassidy
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited: Century Station

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Empire » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 21/35% (65% in armor)
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 38

Maniacal Laugh wrote:"Candy? What about it Tin Man? Compensating much?" the stripper says to Empire, before holding up the "just a minute" finger (the index version) in response to Rampart's gesture. Raising the phone she says, "Dispatch, this is Detective Levine, Vice, yeah, it's a mess, damn CHIMERA again, yeah, yeah, send CSI, let's see if we can salvage something."


"Compensating?!" You have no idea... "No! You're compensating!" Empire goes to retrieve the phone but is quickly disarmed by her...attractive...nature. Holy shit, she has a tattoo there?! "Ummmm... Hi. I'm Empire. Did you say Detective? I'm sorry. I'm a little on edge, I got sucked into a vortex in that one guy's chest and it was really dark and boring and much less fun than here with you...wearing this..." Shit. I'm rambling. "Anyway. So... how long you been a cop?"

Empire is too focused to hear his teammates talk about bodies or fingers or anything else. That's a LOT of glitter. Wow.
Empire
Jason "Empire" Warner, Robo-Jock Extraordinaire

Armor SDC: 700/700
SDC: 59/59
HP: 30/30

Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250/250
Features:
1) Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
2) Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
3) Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'


Cumulative Robot Bonuses (In-Flight):
+1 attack/melee | +7 to initiative
+5 to perception | +1 to pull punch
+15 to HtH damage | +2 to strike HtH
+6 to strike with distance weapons | +4 to parry
+3 to dodge


Image
User avatar
Empire
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited PC (Century Station)

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby EBAH » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:08 pm

Zericho

Local Conditions wrote:Date: Sunday, March 22nd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Sunny, warm, bright (62 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 5:50 pm


Strip Club:
Candy, or Detective Levine, smiles at Empire's rambling. It's an ambiguous smile though. It could be actual amusement. Or it could be mild entertainment with the unimpeachable certainty that the armored hero in front of her is an idiot. If Empire talked longer he might find out for sure. The smile knocks his ego down just a notch, which is enough for Jason to take in some details. The tattoo he was diverted by is at least ten years old. "Yeah, I've been vice long enough, now take your 'heroes' and don't mess up my crime scene anymore. Might still be able to get some forensics."

She switches her attention to the more professional seeming Rampart. She sighs, all glimmer of whatever amusement Empire was providing vanished forever. "Well, undercover work is, you know, undercover. We can't tell everyone. And no one told me you were on the way either." She starts to talk again but is cut short by Rook. She swears, "Shit."

As Rook approaches the fingers, she's a little horrified and takes a moment to gather herself so Rampart beats her to the scene. His warning is enough to give her pause and not contaminate the scene anymore.

Rampart falls back into police habit. He analyzes the grizzly scene, and his worst fears (well, not his worst, maybe), and the tattooed covered fingers could really belong to no on but Doodles. However, maybe good news, on the other side of the door, there is no body.

What are you doing?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1081
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Tom Cassidy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 62/52%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 66

Maniacal Laugh wrote:"Well, undercover work is, you know, undercover. We can't tell everyone. And no one told me you were on the way either."


Tom snorts. "Gotta love that interagency communication, right?" he adds with a smirk. Guess some things never change -- I swear, sometimes I felt the top brass would leave things out of a briefing on purpose just to screw with us.

Maniacal Laugh wrote:Rampart falls back into police habit. He analyzes the grizzly scene, and his worst fears (well, not his worst, maybe), and the tattooed covered fingers could really belong to no one but Doodles. However, maybe good news, on the other side of the door, there is no body.


OOC: I find 'grizzly' scenes to be downright unBEARable. :)

Tom sighs at the sight of the fingers. "Doodles. I was afraid of that. Damn." He straightens back up and looks over at Levine. "He was our eyes on the inside. Figured he'd blend in with the clientele a little bit better than the rest of us. We lost contact with him right after he came in here; at the time I chalked it up to that disorientation field surrounding the building, that our radio calls probably weren't getting through the mental fog." He shakes his head. "You don't remember seeing him, do you? Tall guy, good looking. Dark hair. Enough tats for a whole biker gang."

He rubs his chin as he stares down at the crime scene. "This op was a cluster from the get-go..." he mutters to nobody. "Nobody got good intel from the brass, they sent rookies to back up a collar on most wanted supers, and not only did they get away we've lost two good people in the process. Wait..." he snaps his fingers as he looks over at Rook and Empire. "Have either of you two seen Knightingale since this all hit the fan?" He keys his comlink. "Knightingale, this is Rampart. What's your status? Over. I repeat, Knightingale, what's your location and status?"

Assuming he gets no response, his expression sours even further. "Make that three, looks like."
User avatar
Tom Cassidy
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited: Century Station

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Rook » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:31 pm

Perception (24%) - 1d100 = 98
JIC D20 - 1d20 = 20
JIC D100 - 1d100 = 21

Rook swallows hard, feeling a little green (but looking more pale), stepping back as Rampart takes over at the door; catching sight of the dismembered fingers she closes her eyes for a moment, then turns away and looks to the others in the room. "This is feeling more and more like my first mission." she murmurs in a low tone, jaw tightening. A slow sigh escapes before she turns her attention more fully on Empire. "Well, you're the veteran here.. what now?"
User avatar
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby EBAH » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:01 pm

Zericho

Local Conditions wrote:Date: Sunday, March 22nd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Setting sun, warm, bright (60 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 6:00 pm


Strip Club:
The Narc agent seems to sense the cop hiding behind the Omega suit. She gives Tom a wry smile before grabbing a coat left behind in the panic. "I saw that guy, yeah. Seemed at ease so I didn't pay attention. But he did go willingly back there." She picks up her phone and sees something she doesn't like. "Shit, shit!"

Tom was just calling Knightengale when she started cursing, and he knows why: the signal is being jammed*.

Rook feels a slight shudder and it draws her attention to her metal-sense. There is a comparatively large amount of rare, heavy metals below her, like platinum, iridium, and osmium. She also detects a large amount of tungsten.

What are you doing?

*In Century Station it's easy to "jam signals" for dramatic effect.
...And spell check doesn't work if you just use the wrong word...guilty as charged.
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1081
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Rook » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:53 pm

Perception (24%) - 1d100 = 64
JIC D20 - 1d20 = 18
JIC D100 - 1d100 = 64

Although Rook is fairly used to sensing unusual metals, its generally in much smaller quantities, and this immediately draws her attention. Closing her eyes for a moment the young heroine tries to get a better sense of where the metallic masses might be, in a 'x far away' sort of way. Regardless of what is able to be determined she looks up to Rampart, then to Empire. "It may be nothing, but I'm sensing a large amount of some fairly exotic metals down below somewhere. Like, way more than you would detect even in a laboratory I figure." the winged woman explains, then tilts her head slightly. "Given what we know of this place so far, and definitely the presence of a bunch of powered villains, its seems highly unlikely that its *not* just nothing, however."
User avatar
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Tom Cassidy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:41 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 29/55%
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 51

Conditions:
- Force Field SDC at start of post: 2450/3300

Rook wrote:"This is feeling more and more like my first mission." she murmurs in a low tone, jaw tightening.


Tom raises an eyebrow at Rook’s comment. First mission? Oh that’s right -- Steele mentioned something about that in the briefing. Wonder what all went down. Doesn’t seem like she’d be in any mood to elaborate any time soon though. "Not your first time finding severed fingers in a strip club?" He puts a hand on Rook's shoulder. "Seriously though, stay frosty. The fact we've only found fingers may mean the rest of him is still alive and well. As well as anyone can be when they've had fingers chopped off, anyway."

Maniacal Laugh wrote:The Narc agent seems to sense the cop hiding behind the Omega suit. She gives Tom a wry smile before grabbing a coat left behind in the panic. "I saw that guy, yeah. Seemed at ease so I didn't pay attention. But he did go willingly back there." She picks up her phone and sees something she doesn't like. "Shit, shit!"

Tom was just calling Knightengale when she started cursing, and he knows why: the signal is being jammed*.


Tom shakes his head as he gets nothing but static over the comms. Looking over at Levine he says “let me guess, you’ve got no signal now? Same here. Sounds like we’re being jammed.” He glances at Empire and Rook. “Something tells me the show isn’t over. Any ideas?”

As he's waiting for replies from anyone, he starts looking around the joint for anyone acting suspiciously like they're working tech equipment along with anything that might look like communications-jamming hardware. It couldn't have been like this the whole time. The cop lady was talking on her phone just a minute ago. Someone had to have flipped a switch or something.

Rook wrote:"It may be nothing, but I'm sensing a large amount of some fairly exotic metals down below somewhere. Like, way more than you would detect even in a laboratory I figure." the winged woman explains, then tilts her head slightly. "Given what we know of this place so far, and definitely the presence of a bunch of powered villains, its seems highly unlikely that its *not* just nothing, however."


Rampart nods. “Yeah, I seriously doubt they’re fabricating more poles for the stage dancers down there...” Why am I not surprised there’s more ‘evil scientist lair’ stuff down in the basement. It’d be just our luck to be standing right on top of some nuclear reactor about to go full-kaboom overload. “Can you ID those metals from here?”

He looks over at Moya. “Ms. Thunderbird, you said you woke up in the basement. Did you see anything like a lab or manufacturing facility down there?”
User avatar
Tom Cassidy
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited: Century Station

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Moya » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:56 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 48 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 4
JIC: 1d100 = 12

Tom Cassidy wrote:“let me guess, you’ve got no signal now? Same here. Sounds like we’re being jammed.”
“Ms. Thunderbird, you said you woke up in the basement. Did you see anything like a lab or manufacturing facility down there?”


"Well Rampart, I might be able to find the source of the jamming. Give me a few seconds and I'll take a look around. As for a lab or facility in the basement? I don't recall anything like that. Then again, I was more interested in finding an exit then doing some exploring. "

Severed fingers and now signal jamming. Looks like this skirmish isn't over yet. At least we'll have an X factor. Me or at least I think so. Now to find the source of the jamming.

Moya uses her Electrokinesis powers to try and find the the source of the signal jam. Once she believes she has located it, she will remotely turn it off.

Electrokinesis
  • Electrical Resistance Up to 60,000 volts inflict no damage. Greater than 60,000, including lightning and magic electricity inflict half damage. Range: Self Duration: 9 minutes (+3 minutes) I.S.P.: 4
  • Electrical Discharge Can cause a static electricity within a six foot area as well as a electrical discharge. Range: touch or 30 ft. (+10 ft.) Damage: 1 or 2d6 I.S.P.: 2 for 1 point of damage or 4 for 2d6
  • Manipulate Electrical Devices Has control over electrical devices. 12 different functions can be performed per melee round. Does not need to see the device to manipulate it. She can feel their presence. Range: 55 ft (5 ft) Duration: 6 minutes (2 minutes) I.S.P.: 4
  • Sense Electricity Can sense and pinpoint its exact location Can also sense the approaching electrical and Ley Line storms. Range: 55 ft (5 ft) Duration: 2 minutes I.S.P.: 2 pre every 2 minutes. 65% (5%) A failed roll means only 1d6*10% of all electrical devices/ sources of electricity could be sensed
HP: 156/156
SDC: 274/274
ISP: 47/51

Consistent Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Moya Thunderbird
User avatar
Moya
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:30 pm

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby EBAH » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:12 am

Zericho

Local Conditions wrote:Date: Sunday, March 22nd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Setting sun, warm, bright (60 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 6:00 pm


Strip Club:
Rook is able to get a better sense of where the metal mass is. Combined with Moya's brief description of the basement, Rook is certain there must be another room down there, and that's where the thing is.

The cop answers Rampart tersely, saying, "Yeah, I'm not getting any signal at all. Wherever you guys show up things get weird."

But you know, Moya uses her electrokinesis and totally blows the evil mastermind's evil plan to make life difficult for the mighty heroes who the evil mastermind is trying to challenge, but superheroes are super for a reason: they have powers and they use them to thwart evil masterminds.

The cop says, "Oh shit, it's working!"

What are you doing now that you won?
I'm so foulably human, I pick the lock but will not turn the key. ~ Bad Religion

ImageImage
User avatar
EBAH
Game Master
 
Posts: 1081
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Empire » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:52 am

Perception: 1d100 = 94/35% (65% in armor)
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 3

"Let's get a call in to CHIMERA HQ and see about wrapping this whole thing up. I need a shower and a beer. Maybe at the same time." Man...Doodles and Divine gone that quick. Sometimes it feels like heroes don't have a chance in this city.

Empire steps away and calls CHIMERA. "This is Empire. We're wrapped up here. There was an undercover stripper cop and maybe she can take care of the paperwork. We've also picked up a newjack. Should I give her the usual spiel? Join or go to jail? Or have we figured out a nicer way to do that yet."
Empire
Jason "Empire" Warner, Robo-Jock Extraordinaire

Armor SDC: 700/700
SDC: 59/59
HP: 30/30

Omega Suit
A.R.: 17
SDC: 250/250
Features:
1) Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
2) Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
3) Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'


Cumulative Robot Bonuses (In-Flight):
+1 attack/melee | +7 to initiative
+5 to perception | +1 to pull punch
+15 to HtH damage | +2 to strike HtH
+6 to strike with distance weapons | +4 to parry
+3 to dodge


Image
User avatar
Empire
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:47 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited PC (Century Station)

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Moya » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:27 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 58 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 92

"That should take care if the jamming signal. You guys can make your calls now. Should we head on down stairs or are we going to wait for the backup to arrive? The longer we wait, just gives them more of a chance to get way, if there is anybody left. I bet you, and I'm a pretty good gambler, that there is at least one straggler."

Moya gestures beck towards the stairwell, where she came from. Taking another glance or two around the room, as she waits for the others. Not knowing any of the procedures or nuances of her new acquaintances, she pays attention to Empire as he scuttles off somewhere.

Wonder what he's up to? Is her the leader? Can't really tell right now. Wonder what these goons wanted with me in the first place? That's the more important question.
HP: 156/156
SDC: 274/274
ISP: 47/51

Consistent Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Moya Thunderbird
User avatar
Moya
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:30 pm

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Tom Cassidy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:39 am

Perception: 1d100 = 1/55%
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 56

Conditions:
- Force Field SDC at start of post: 2450/3300

Maniacal Laugh wrote:The cop answers Rampart tersely, saying, "Yeah, I'm not getting any signal at all. Wherever you guys show up things get weird."


Tom snorts. “You should try it on this end. ‘Weird’ for me would almost be a return to normalcy.”

Moya wrote:"Well Rampart, I might be able to find the source of the jamming. Give me a few seconds and I'll take a look around. As for a lab or facility in the basement? I don't recall anything like that. Then again, I was more interested in finding an exit then doing some exploring. "


“Fair point,” he nods. Once the signal jamming stops, he gives her an impressed look. “Nicely done. So you’re a metahuman too -- that would explain Lacuna’s interest.” He looks back at the detective. “I’ve been out of the legal loop for a while. Is metahuman trafficking a separate felony now, or is it still just one standard version for everyone?”

Empire wrote:"Let's get a call in to CHIMERA HQ and see about wrapping this whole thing up. I need a shower and a beer. Maybe at the same time."


Tom shrugs as Empire moves off to make his call. “Well, nothing like combining trips in the name of efficiency…” Can’t say as I can argue though. Could use something like that myself.

Moya wrote:"That should take care if the jamming signal. You guys can make your calls now. Should we head on down stairs or are we going to wait for the backup to arrive? The longer we wait, just gives them more of a chance to get way, if there is anybody left. I bet you, and I'm a pretty good gambler, that there is at least one straggler."


“I’d say you’re right,” Tom nods again. “That signal wasn’t jammed when Detective Levine called out earlier. That means someone or something turned it on down there. Normally I’d ask a civilian to remain in a safe place because of the risk, but we may wind up needing you to do whatever you did again.” He starts to head down with Moya and looks back. “Rook, Empire, Detective, y’all up for a quick game of ‘hide and seek’ with a signal jammer?”

As they proceed downstairs he adds to those who accompanied them, “not to sound overly clichéd here, but if things look like they’re about to hit the fan duck behind me. I’ll throw up a shield for cover.”

Once they arrive in the basement he starts looking for any doors/hallways/etc. that might lead to the kind of facility that Moya/Rook had sensed from upstairs. If he can't find an obvious door he starts looking for/inside anything that looks big enough to conceal a non-obvious door instead.

Crime Scene Investigation -- 1d100 = 41/85% (in case that mother-of-all-critical-successes perception roll doesn't apply)

If/when he comes across a large box near some unconscious goons he gives Moya a glance. "I take it this is where you woke up from your nap?" If the unconscious goons are no longer unconscious he'll confront them. "Hold it right there -- you're under arrest for accessory to kidnapping and unlawful imprisonment! Surrender and come along quietly or we will have to use force!"

If things go sideways and it looks like hijinks are about to ensue, he'll erect a force field with a strength proportional to the perceived threat (100 SDC for a couple of goons with hand weapons, 300 SDC if they're packing heavy weapons, and if the place looks like it's gonna blow... well... I'll deal with that when the time comes...).
User avatar
Tom Cassidy
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited: Century Station

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Rook » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:03 pm

Perception (24%) - 1d100 = 16
JIC D20 - 1d20 = 14
JIC D100 - 1d100 = 16

Rook looks to Rampart as he proposes they go on a search for the jammer, offering a nod of agreement. "Aye, we should.. the timing is very suspicious indeed." the winged woman adds, then looks to Moya. "Did you see anything that might be jammer-esque when you were downstairs? Oh, Rampart.. I should be able to zero in on the equipment's exact location once we're downstairs, I figure... the components were using some very unusual-slash-rare metals in its construction that i can detect with a bit of concentration."

Once the group is downstairs, assuming they do indeed go downstairs, Rook closes her eyes to shut out distractions and focuses on the strange metals she sensed earlier, trying her best to pinpoint a direction and distance to them.

(OOC: There isn't a roll listed for sense metal, so I guess use perception?)
User avatar
Rook
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Moya » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:44 am

-> ROLLS CARRIED OVER <-

Rook wrote:"Did you see anything that might be jammer-esque when you were downstairs? Oh, Rampart.. I should be able to zero in on the equipment's exact location once we're downstairs, I figure... the components were using some very unusual-slash-rare metals in its construction that i can detect with a bit of concentration."


”No, nothing that looked obvious, to me at least. There's one around I just want pinpoint it. Somewhere close by, tho."

Rampart wrote:“not to sound overly clichéd here, but if things look like they’re about to hit the fan duck behind me. I’ll throw up a shield for cover.”


Shield?! Why the hell would I do… Oh, that's right they don't know anything about me really. That's good for now. They'll figure it soon enough, I reckon. I'll act like a damsel in distress for now. Don't want to reveal too much at once.

Moya remains silent and just gives a nod in acknowledgment. She allows Rampart to take the lead. Positioning herself in the middle of the pack. Adding to the illusion of being a damsel.

Rampart wrote:"I take it this is where you woke up from your nap?" If the unconscious goons are no longer unconscious he'll confront them. "Hold it right there -- you're under arrest for accessory to kidnapping and unlawful imprisonment! Surrender and come along quietly or we will have to use force!"


As the group proceeds downstairs, her mind has flashbacks of when she woke up. Her head still has a few spots of fuzziness. She tries to shake it off.

"Yep, this sure is. Still don't know why though. I mean I'm nothing special or have anything bizarre or unique. Do you know what type of agenda all these goons are up to? Sounds like this isn't your first encounter with them."

If the goons are still around and consciousness, then Moya will take a defensive position behind Rampart.

"Awe, looks like they are back for seconds. Couldn't get enough of the first go round."
HP: 156/156
SDC: 274/274
ISP: 47/51

Consistent Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Moya Thunderbird
User avatar
Moya
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:30 pm

Re: Charlie: Earth's Flightiest Heroes

Postby Blackhaunt » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:33 am

Zericho
Date: Sunday, March 22nd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Setting sun, warm, bright (60 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 6:00 pm

The Omegas don't find anything that would act as an obvious signal jammer in their search. However, the signal is working now, so that becomes less of a priority. The call comes out over the radios of those wearing Omega Suits. "Let CSPD wrap up the investigation. Director wants a full debrief and this newjack to be registered. Sounds like you've got the rest of the day to do paperwork."

The gathered Omegas (Rook, Rampart and Empire) bid adieu to the police and head to CHIMERA HQ with Moya in tow. True to their word, the entire rest of the day is filled with paperwork. Moya is given the choice to join the Omegas and make a difference using her abilities for a bit of money or to cease using her abilities within city limits on pain of imprisonment. Once that decision is made, you are all given a place to sleep for the night at CHIMERA HQ.


CHIMERA HQ
Date: Monday, March 23rd, 2043
Weather: Outside: Setting sun, warm, bright (60 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 9:15 pm
The next day, you all receive a message. "Director Balisong here. Sounds like last night was rough. Today promises to be rougher. The Omegas need you in the field ASAP. Sending you coordinates now. Meet up with Omega Leader Brute. Big red guy. You can't miss him. Good luck."

Please continue posting here.
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION

Previous

Return to Century Station: Operation Overlord Adventures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests