Beyond Broken Door

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:57 am

Perception: 73% (enclosed spaces)/78% (wide open spaces) 1d100:
73

JIC: 1d20:
5

1d100:
70


Weiss wrote:"Been recently worn, but better protection than my Roadrunner armour. Hopefully keep you in one piece. So no rushing off when we get in there. Sounds like it would be easy to get lost."


Ashlynn nods, as she buckles and straps the armor into place. "I'll be careful."

Jack wrote:"I dont know her name but she sure can make a great sandwich. Nice lady too. If she is married that dude is quite lucky. How about you? You good at making sandwiches? Is the big guy over here always wound so tight?"


Ashlynn tilts her head. "Sandwiches? You seriously asking about if I can make sandwiches? Yeah... I can make sandwiches. I make a helluva jam sandwich. See you take two slices of bread, and you jam 'em together. And the big guy? No - he's got a heart of gold. We're just on a job right now, so it's business time. And in business time? You do business."

Jack wrote:”Since I’m going to be around a while maybe it would be good to get your name. You want a ride?”


Ashlynn grins widely. Too widely perhaps. And thrusts her mangled right hand out for a handshake. "I'm Ashlynn! I'm gonna ride in the APC for now, but thanks! I love motorcycles though! I'm gonna teach Zac - that's our son - how to ride a motorcycle when we get back. He's not "our" son like I'm his mom or anything. I'm not. He has a mom, though, she's just not here. Anyhow, he's "our" son like he's the group's son. But not really. He's Weiss' son. But he's like my son. Or my little brother. I haven't decided how the intergroup family dynamics work yet."

After he reveals his face to Grant, Ashlynn whips off her right glove to hold up her mangled hand - freshly scarred and sans pinky. "SAMESIES! ...what's a Bahama?"

Jack wrote:”So, with no radio what is the procedure for communication?”


"Stay near someone with a radio or yell really loud." She smiles.

Ashlynn then mounts back up into the APC, ready to roll out.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:52 pm

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100:
9

JIC: Original post: 1d20:
15
& Original post: 1d100:
50


Jack's eye's open wide as he listens to Ashlyn describe her relationship with Zac. Well her relationship to the whole group as it where. "This sounds like a sharing is caring kind of group. I might fit in perfectly around here."

"The Bahamas was a place. Was, I guess, maybe is. Not sure if it's there anymore." he replies to here question while still internally trying to digest the mom, not a mom dilemma and slightly excited to find out about the intergroup dynamics.

Ashlynn wrote:"Stay near someone with a radio or yell really loud." She smiles.


As Ashlynn walks back into the APC Jack stands uncharacteristically quiet, shaking his head in acceptance of her solution to the radio issue and thinks to himself, That just might be the type of crazy I'm into.

He looks at the others and yells, "So what's next?" looking at the group he shrugs, "Just trying to follow instructions. By the way, did anybody check those dead folks to see if they had a radio we might be able to pair up witht he group? It's not against the code to take radios from dead people is it? I can just borrow it and give it back the next time I see him."
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:42 am

Rolls carried

Jack McDermott wrote:He looks at the others and yells, "So what's next?"


Weiss looks backwards at the sound of the shouting and sighs; Oh joy, we have another one!

He yells out the door of the somewhat battered looking APC.

"Get in the APC," he calls out, "unless you fancy walking?"

They needed to get going and the longer they spent here, the more time the Sunaj had to reassemble another team. He did not want to tangle with them, not in their current condition. Grant might not be able to put them back together next time.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 pm

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 6:15pm
Climate: 58F, partly cloudy
Visibility: 1 mile
Terrain: Warehouse District,
Moderate radio traffic
Magic in light use. Detectable within 500 ft.


Everyone gets vaguely acqauinted with Jack. Ash is still shaken but functional.

The questioning of the gold woman calling herself Maederan resulted in a few more answers. Grants asks her how they measured up. She laughs theatrically. "I have no idea, none of you would fight the Hammerfall! Without those in black, I now have nothing to do until you ransom me back. As far as my master now, I've never been introduced but his name is Lord Otoxolyth. I don't believe it to be a human. Ulom was my first master, who trained me and cultivated my talent." she says with wide-eyed enthusiasm.

Ronith is confident that the black clad opponents are tattoo magic users. The tattoos are now devoid of magic but he has seen them before. Not the sloppy art scrawled on slaves but crafted with art in mind.

Eventually everyone loads up and heads towards the door, leaving their captives with the authorities here.

Alays recognizes the turns they take through this area. It is infact where he just left from.

Everyone sees debris strewn everywhere as if there was a battle here recently. On the other side against concrete loading docks, a door is seen. It looks almost as if propped there. It may be able to be moved. But there is little doubt this is Broken Door.

Image
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:04 am

Perception: 45% 1d100:
73

JIC 1d100:
76
1d20:
3


"Here we are," Weiss announces to the team as he parks up the battered APC near the doorway, "hope you were not expecting anything impressive. he looks over at the portal entrance and raises an eyebrow, really is a broken door. Weren't joking were they.

He checks the sensors to run scans on the area, checking for other people, but also environmental markers; Considering what potentially has gone through the portal, who knows what effect on the environment has been had.

OOC Comments
Sensory Equipment 69% 1d100:
70


"Considering the APC is somewhat compromised, what security measures are we putting in place?" Weiss asks the others,

OOC Comments
If he has flaked, might I suggest that Beltin stay behind


Other people have been using the portal; might be unconnected but what were they looking for?

Whilst they wait and discuss, Weiss lies his plasma rifle across his lap and reaches into his tool box to pull out a couple of tools. he works at attaching the Wilks optic sight to the rifle.

Need to conserve ammo in there. This should help ensure that I hit more often. Wish I'd had it sooner, though that merc was a problem screwing with my weapons.
OOC Comments
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 74% 1d100:
33
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:50 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100:
8
(SUCCESS)
JIC: 1d20:
13

1d100:
78


Jack wrote:"The Bahamas was a place. Was, I guess, maybe is. Not sure if it's there anymore."


Ashlynn tilts her head. "Umm... are you from ancient times? Barracuda's from ancient times too! Maybe you two can compare notes!"

As they approach the door, Ashlynn watches from the window of the APC.

Weiss wrote:"hope you were not expecting anything impressive."


She shrugs. "I was kinda expecting a broken door. Note to travel guide: A-plus; does not disappoint."

As they get ready to exit the APC, Ashlynn tries her energy shield again, for the first time since her left arm was reattached. It flickers on but hodls steady. She nods, satisfied. Well, that still works then. Awesome. I gotta get with parrying a little better... My shield is proof against any attack - if I can get the shield in place fast enough.

She rolls her right arm at the shoulder, flinching a bit at the pain the action provokes, but shakes it off.

When it looks like everyone's ready to exit the APC, she sounds off. "Mega KillRocket Superstar is ready for her close-up." She steps out of the APC and activates her radar, checking for movement within the 400' radius range of her abilities.

Interpret Shapes 90% 1d100:
85
(SUCCESS)
Estimate Distance 92% 1d100:
71
(SUCCESS)
Estimate Direction 92% 1d100:
36
(SUCCESS)
Estimate Speed 72% 1d100:
64
(SUCCESS)
Estimate Exact Location 82% 1d100:
81
(SUCCESS)
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:22 am

JIC: 1d20:
8
, 1d100:
63

PER: 1d100:
51
vs. 66% (+15% hearing)
Conditions
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 413 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack

Tracking- 1d100:
70
vs. 96%
To see whether/who/how many have entered Broken Door recently

Jack McDermott wrote:”so if I get out of line you’re going to have to let me know”
Ronith smiles to himself. "Oh, do not worry. I shall." Ronith waves him over to the APC- if he can find a radio in the various storage compartments, he will hand it over to Jack. Otherwise, the cyber-knight shakes his head and says "It appears that we shall have to wait until our return to MercTown." Ronith will then dismiss Jack, to allow him a few minutes to get to know the rest of the team.

Grant Latham wrote:"Y'know, from what little I know, I can't think of anyone who can claim to have tangled with the Sunaj and lived to tell the tale. Nor of anyone every having captured one, dead or alive. From a lecture I remember, they discussed magical tattoos and that if you have enough of them it can alter the durability of the body, The Splugorth are supposed to have created warrior-slaves that use tattoo magic. But I haven't gotten the impression that the Sunaj are slaves, but more like hired mercenaries. I think we have an important discovery, and will need to figure out a way to hide the body and armor so we can take it back with us. Maybe we should take it through the door and stash it there until we are ready to come out."
Ronith frowns. "I dislike carting a corpse around. It is macabre, and disrespectful. But you raise a good point- these Sunaj are enigmas, and it is clear that they utilize tattoo magic. Very well- I think we can keep him in the APC for the time being. Perhaps some of the True Atlanteans among my cyber-knight brothers will be able to tell us more about this fellow." This was not the work of a slave master. I cannot believe that the Chiang-Ku or the True Atlanteans would inscribe tattoos on a gang of assassins, which means that this must be the work of a new player with access to tattoo magic. Or a renegade? Or a minion race that has been able to bargain for a favored position among the Splugorth hierarchy- but I know of few species who look so close to humans who could do so. We must be missing something here...

Jack McDermott wrote:”So, with no radio what is the procedure for communication?”
"Grant and I are telepaths- if necessary we can use that for communication, but in general we should all try to stick together regardless. Our informant mentioned nothing about the dimension beyond Broken Door affecting psionic abilities, but anything could happen so be ready."

Upon arriving at Broken Door, Ronith is first out of the APC as usual. He will inspect the door for any signs of what awaits them, then the area around to see if they can expect any company inside (beyond their target). Then he will return to the team.

Weiss wrote:"Considering the APC is somewhat compromised, what security measures are we putting in place?"
"Alays, Jack, do a circuit of the area and make sure we are not being observed, or that there are no other unpleasant surprises waiting for us in the vicinity." Turning to Beltin, Ronith addsd "I do not think that we can rely on the APC's security to keep the area secure. And certainly, Whyne has fulfilled her part of our agreement. I would like you to stay here with her. I can think of no-one else both powerful enough to hold the area and who also stands a good chance of warning us once we are all inside."

Back to the group, Ronith adds "I shall take the lead inside. Once we have the lay of the land I shall set a marching order. Let us get in and get this done." Once everyone has finished their preparations (including new armor if need be), Ronith will draw his swords and head inside.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 50/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:29 am

Perception: 1d100:
15
vs 33%
JIC: 1d20:
4
and 1d100:
57


Ashlynn asks Jack if he is from the past. He stares at her blankly and shrugs. Is it the past? Is it some place altogether different? Is it all a dream? Not knowing the truth of the event has always put Jack in a bad mood. He had given up on the thought of going back years ago but always hoped one day he would find closure. Not knowing and answer, he just turns and mounts the boar.

Jack rides along side the APC and follows the group. It's been a while since I was part of a group, he thinks to himself. I wonder if I am ready, is it right? Will they accept me? Should I accept them? There is no shortage of confusion running through his mind but he knows he must focus on the tasks at hand. This doesn't seem like the type of group to be on a foo foo princess mission so there is probably gonna be some difficult time ahead.

Get it together, There will be time enough to figure out if this is right latter. As he twists and turns he keeps track of which way they are going. Always need to know how to get back. Pulling up to the side of the APC when it stops he sees the debris around and wonders if they are late. Hell he didn't even know what they were doing, what the mission even entailed. "Hey guys, What is the mission anyway?" He asks Ronith and Ashlyn as they step out of the APC. "It is pretty obvious someone has been fight around here. We on a search and rescue of some sort? he follows up.

With the battle dmage around Jack feels like it might be a good time to put his helmet on, pull it off the back seat and pulls it up and over his head. Better safe than sorry, although I guess if I take a head shot I won't be around to be sorry, he thinks to himself.

Ronth asks Jack to do circuit around and he does, he drives around looking for anything suspicious or signs that might help the group understand what has happened here recently.

OOC Comments
Detect Ambush 1d100:
38
vs 45%
- See if there is anyone waiting to ambush the group
Detect Concealment 1d100:
21
vs 40%
- See if there is anything hidden in or around the area
Tracking: People 1d100:
81
vs 30%
- Identify how many and what type of people have been here
Track & Trap Animals 1d100:
5
vs 45%
- Identify if there has been any animals or creatures through here
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Barracuda » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:59 am

Perception: 1d100:
70
/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20:
6
/1d100:
19



Jack McDermott wrote:
Barracuda wrote:Barracuda wraps it up and heads back into the APC. He gives Jack a wave when he sees the newcomer. "Barracuda. Welcome aboard."


Jack nods at the man, ”It’s Jack. Not Barracuda, but I can see how you can mix those up and all.”


"No, I'm..." Barracuda looks at Jack with confusion that turns to annoyance. Oh god dammit. Barracuda grabs a rag from the APC and cleans up King Tide while they drive.

Ashlynn wrote:
Jack wrote:"The Bahamas was a place. Was, I guess, maybe is. Not sure if it's there anymore."


Ashlynn tilts her head. "Umm... are you from ancient times? Barracuda's from ancient times too! Maybe you two can compare notes!"

Dammit Ash... "Later. We've got a magic door to survive."
Ashlynn wrote:"Mega KillRocket Superstar is ready for her close-up."

Barracuda smiles at Ashlynn's indomitable spirit, puts his visor down and exits the APC.

Ronith wrote:"I shall take the lead inside. Once we have the lay of the land I shall set a marching order. Let us get in and get this done."

"Right behind you. " Barracuda checks his gear and gets ready to enter the Broken Door.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:12 am

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100:
88

JIC: 1d20:
11
, 1d100 = 81

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 79%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 89%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 120mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 800'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 14
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 57/78
  • P.P.E.: 548/610
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Energy Sphere (800/800 P.P.E.) Duration: 16/16 days
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 413.75 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 53.75 min | 3000' | See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 7.75 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 52.75 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 76.75 min | 3600' | Works in non-magical darkness
  • See Wards | HUGM 182 | 28.75 min | 360' | See active wards, how many, general sense of power.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Tongues | BOM 114 | 4.75 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%


The map so it's easier for me to find.

Maederan wrote:The questioning of the gold woman calling herself Maederan resulted in a few more answers. Grants asks her how they measured up. She laughs theatrically. "I have no idea, none of you would fight the Hammerfall! Without those in black, I now have nothing to do until you ransom me back. As far as my master now, I've never been introduced but his name is Lord Otoxolyth. I don't believe it to be a human. Ulom was my first master, who trained me and cultivated my talent." she says with wide-eyed enthusiasm.


A name at least, Lord Otoxolyth, this will require more research when we get the chance, but for now, nothing to do but press forward, Grant thinks as Maedreran is taken away.

Ronith wrote:Ronith frowns. "I dislike carting a corpse around. It is macabre, and disrespectful. But you raise a good point- these Sunaj are enigmas, and it is clear that they utilize tattoo magic. Very well- I think we can keep him in the APC for the time being. Perhaps some of the True Atlanteans among my cyber-knight brothers will be able to tell us more about this fellow."


Grant nods, "Very well." He helps look for a suitable nook to store the body and armor. He takes what is left of the helmet and stores it separately from the other pieces up in the cab.

On the short ride to the door, Grant reviews what he knows about what lays beyond the door. I have one full energy sphere, and about a dozen mana talismans in my pouch, but based on what Mr. Horne has said opening the door is about as half as draining as a dimensional portal. No time to go back to the nexus, I will have to make due with what I have. In there my magic should work normally, but it won't replenish at it's normal rate. We need to go to 1016 West Elm Street, about 3 miles from the entrance. Once inside the home, to the basement and the furnace to find the artifact. Hopefully the professor made it that far and then couldn't make it back and is just waiting for rescue.

"Alays, does this look familiar?" Grant asks. When Alays affirms he was in there, he adds, "At this point then, what you know is most likely more accurate than us, what did you see?"

Lore: Magic (Recognize Runes) 104% vs 1d100:
15


Grant follows Sir Ronith out of the door of the APC and moves directly to the door, missing Jack's question. He examines it with his inner eye, inspecting the surface for any runes or other mystical symbols. Then reaches out a tentative hand and touches the surface of the door, moving his hand over it feeling the various imperfections, indents, and groves on the surface.

We need to act quickly, much of the magic I've cast on the team will be wearing off soon. Grant thinks as he steps back from the door. "With the instruction from Mr. Horne, I should be able to open it as he indicated, once inside though, I will have to conserve my energy to make sure I can open it back up. The first mile to the location is supposed to be a maze of junk, he recommended flying, the flight spell I cast should still be active on most of us." He motions to Alays and Jack, "I will cast the same spell upon you both, so we don't have to carry you."[/b] He mutters the incantation with a few flashy hand movements, and then reaches out with both hands and touches them on their shoulders. "Your thoughts should control your direction, give it a try here before we go in. It should last about 3 hours."

When everyone is in position, he steps before the door and focus his will and charges the door with mana. When it opens, he waits for everyone to pass through to ensure the door stays open, then follows them in. A thought burbles through his mind and a smile crosses his face, I am going into another dimension!


For Alays and Jack:

Code: Select all
Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 P.P.E. | 2 by touch | 160 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Alays » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:30 pm

Perception: 1d100:
43
/ 39%
JIC: 1d20:
10

JIC: 1d100:
39

A: Sixth Sense, Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange, Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple,

Alays and company arrive at the location of the broken door. Alays takes a momentary look around to see if anyone has come by to check out the ruckus, the first time he was here. He waits until all the members have gathered.

Sir Ronith wrote:"Alays, Jack, do a circuit of the area and make sure we are not being observed, or that there are no other unpleasant surprises waiting for us in the vicinity."


"Sure thing boss. The last time I was here, a big statue came to life, so be on look out yourself for another one. Jack? You ready?"

Alays responds to Ronith, giving him a crooked smile. He then turns his attention to the new member, Jack. Waving him on to follow. Pausing for a second, to make sure Jack is following, Alays begins to make his route around the parameter of the broken door.

Detect Ambush 1d100:
18
- 50%
Detect Concealment 1d100:
24
- 50%

Grant wrote:"I will cast the same spell upon you both, so we don't have to carry you."


"Flying?! Sweet, this should prove some excitement. Before we go jumping head first, I've got a few words of advice. Wish I would have had some the first time I went through. I came back out so it wasn't a total loss. The first thing is, once we go through the door, we'll be in a big pile of junk with lots of tunnels. We got to be careful cuz there are, for lack of a better term, “junk worms”. They sense vibrations, so flying through the tunnels might be more productive than trying to run through it."

Alays begins to laugh at the thought of having to run back through the tunnels. He checks his gear. Then he follows Ronith’s lead and gets prepared to enter the door.
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:06 am

(Rolls carried over)

Jack wrote:"Hey guys, What is the mission anyway?"


"Well, once we pass through the gate, we take 1123 steps to the north, then 356 steps... there's this whole map. We're looking for a guy named Connor McGrath who's maybe in there alive and maybe dead but looking for some kinda thing - obviously, he's not looking for it if he's dead unless he's some kinda ghost or zombie or whatever, but we need to find him and it and get out. And there's Sunaj after us and maybe a Splugorth? I dunno. I never saw a Splugorth but I heard they're bad news."
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:00 pm

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100:
15
vs 33%
JIC: Original post: 1d20:
4
and Original post: 1d100:
57


"Current Status"
Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 P.P.E. | 2 by touch | 160 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack


Grant wrote: He motions to Alays and Jack, "I will cast the same spell upon you both, so we don't have to carry you." He mutters the incantation with a few flashy hand movements, and then reaches out with both hands and touches them on their shoulders. "Your thoughts should control your direction, give it a try here before we go in. It should last about 3 hours."


"Wow buddy, Last time I could fly was at a party in the village. It didn't end well. I'll take your word for it that I can and try it out latter. I'm gonna keep my feet on the ground and my ass in the seat for now. Hope you don't get offended. I'm sure it will come in handy soon enough. He says to grant with a short nod of acceptance. These guys have some powers, he thinks to himself then drifts off ever so shortly, nervously wondering what flight will be like.

As Jack begins to take off he hears Alays say,

Alays wrote:"Sure thing boss. The last time I was here, a big statue came to life, so be on look out yourself for another one. Jack? You ready?"


He stops and he replies, "Already on it slow poke. We can ride together or go opposite directions to cover more ground quickly. It's on you bub. Jack could sense that the group dynamics might have a hierarchy to it but couldn't yet pin down the exact order. Of course all the puppies would try to dominate him. He was of course the current runt. Time will tell if I get to run with the big dogs. Can't wait to see how it all pans out, he thinks to himself.

Ashlynn wrote:"Well, once we pass through the gate, we take 1123 steps to the north, then 356 steps... there's this whole map. We're looking for a guy named Connor McGrath who's maybe in there alive and maybe dead but looking for some kinda thing - obviously, he's not looking for it if he's dead unless he's some kinda ghost or zombie or whatever, but we need to find him and it and get out. And there's Sunaj after us and maybe a Splugorth? I dunno. I never saw a Splugorth but I heard they're bad news."


"What beautiful efficiency you possess Ashlyn. Did you even attempt to breath during that?" he says to her. Damn this girl has energy. he finishes silently in his mind. "So we are here to save a guy maybe, and or collect a thing maybe. Got it!" with a quick hidden grin under his helmet he turns and makes his waya round the perimeter.

"Hey Alays!" he yells through his helmet. "I'll go left, you go right. I'll meet you on the other side, he finishes and takes off around the perimeter.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:52 am

Rolls carried

Weiss tests the options in his suit and realises a few more options; If this works, then I don't need a radio and solves a few other potential problems.

He deploys the Razor and sets it to the radio frequency they had been using.

"Testing, one, two, three, testing,"

OOC Comments
Frequency Absorption allows the razor to act as a radio
Barracuda can do it as well.


Provided everything works as intended
Weiss moves to the side door of the APC where presumably everybody else exited the APC and looks for the latest recruit.

"Jack," Weiss calls out to the new arrival, holding up his radio set, "take this. My suit has a function that works as a radio, so I don't need it." he turns and looks at the spare weapons they collected
"Alays, Jack, how are you doing for backup weapons? We have a couple of spare rifles. If you can manage it, worth having the spare firepower in case you lose your main weapon."


Alays wrote:"Sure thing boss. The last time I was here, a big statue came to life, so be on look out yourself for another one. Jack? You ready?"


As Weiss was already sticking his head out of the APC at the time, he hears the exchange and immediately begins thinking tactically.
""Is this somewhere you went alone? And was the Golem on this side of the Door or the other? What did or did not work on the golem?" Information and intel was always useful, especially as Alays was the only person they had contact with whom had ever been through the door. Admittedly, the man was literally crazy, but that did not mean he could not provide useful information. And if there is another group looking for stuff, that is something we should know about so we don't get caught unawares.

OOC Comments
Alays missed Weiss' questions from Feb 13th, so trying again


OOC Comments
Do we have a stat block for the swords?
How many E-clips did
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:00 pm

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100:
15
vs 33%
JIC: Original post: 1d20:
4
and Original post: 1d100:
57


Jack rides along watchfully. Damn, this helmet always makes me feel claustrophobic, he thinks to himself. What was it that guy said this thing did besides protect my awesomely beautiful face? he wonders a bit. Then as is a light bulb was flipped on a thought lights up all his concentration at once. If people could see his face it would not be hard to tell how much he was blushing now. Jack was feeling like a bright red apple at this point.

Built in communication... yeah, that's the radio. Now how the hell do I play off this dumb as blunder. Got to be a way. Great Jack! Way to make a first impression! Jack continues his route around the perimeter trying to work out in his mind how he might be able to get through this with little to no razzing from the others.

Back at the APC after finishing his perimeter scan Weis calls out to him.
Weiss wrote: "Jack," Weiss calls out to the new arrival, holding up his radio set, "take this. My suit has a function that works as a radio, so I don't need it." he turns and looks at the spare weapons they collected. "Alays, Jack, how are you doing for backup weapons? We have a couple of spare rifles. If you can manage it, worth having the spare firepower in case you lose your main weapon."


Jack walks up close to Weis, lifts his helmet slightly and very quietly says, ”Yeah, about the radio.” He pauses for a second trying to find the words. ”It seems I may have forgotten, maybe, that this uh. This suit. This suit may have a built-in radio. Uh, yeah. In fact. I think I’m pretty sure it does.

He stands there sheepishly wondering what Weiss will do or say. Not having been around many people for a long time Jack hasn’t had to worry about what others think of him. Now being here in this moment he remembered what it was like to be a part of a team and what that meant. He would have to be more thorough in the future. No need to waste time and energy.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:20 pm

(rolls carried over)

As Ashlynn musters near the broken door, her sensitive hearing picks up a sound... not more than a whisper...

”Yeah, about the radio.”


She perks up, interested.

" This suit may have a built-in radio. Uh, yeah. In fact. I think I’m pretty sure it does."


Ashlynn chuckles. The chuckles elevates to a laugh.

With a snort, it proceeds into full cackling. She points at Jack.

"YOU... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... YOU... YOU SAID... YOUSAIDYOUDIDN'THAVEARADIO... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... YOU WERE SHOUTING AND EVERYTHING.... BUT YOU HAD A RADIO! THIS! WHOLE! TIME!"

Ashlynn's laughter devolves into a coughing fit, and she leans against the APC, trying to catch her breath, with her cheeks stained with tears and face red as a tomato.

Presently, she regains some of her composure, but cannot stop the occasional chuckle.

"I mean... heheheh.. the shouting and everything... priceless." She wipes the tears from her eyes.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Alays » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:59 pm

-> Rolls Carried Over <-

Weiss wrote:"Alays, Jack, how are you doing for backup weapons? We have a couple of spare rifles. If you can manage it, worth having the spare firepower in case you lose your main weapon."


"I got a couple. Never hurts to have to many, besides the writers always have something for me. Wouldn't want the to kill off the star, now would we?"

Weiss wrote:"Is this somewhere you went alone? And was the Golem on this side of the Door or the other? What did or did not work on the golem?"


"Alone? No. I was hired by some other merc. The golem was on this side. The thing was made of stone, so the only thing I found effective was some explosives. Sadly I only have a grenade or two left. "

Jack wrote:"Hey Alays!" he yells through his helmet. "I'll go left, you go right. I'll meet you on the other side,


"That sounds good to me. Just make sure you don't go too far into left field. Then you m.k ight not come back." Alays gives a belly laugh before taking off in his intended direction.
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:03 am

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 6:21pm
Climate: 58F, partly cloudy
Visibility: 1 mile
Terrain: Warehouse District,
Moderate radio traffic
Magic in light use. Detectable within 500 ft.


The team checks over gear and recount what they know. Alays' knowledge about the junk worms seems to tally with Horne's advice about flying. Ronith elects Beltin to stay with Whyne and the APC for the mean time. "Ill keep an eye on things here. Be careful in there." Beltin adds.

Jack has an epiphany regarding his suit's capabilities. Ashlynn punctuates the epiphany, amused by the revelation and its implications on earlier events.

Once everyone is situated, Grant pulls energy to activate the door. Broken Door is not like any other device he has used. Most techno wizard devices draw magic like a magnet. This is like sumo wrestling. It resists being opened but, inch by inch Grant forces it open. Eventually momentum is gained and the doors open to dismal sight before them. There is a small area everyone can walk into, but on all sides, above and below there is junk. Discarded items of all manner are packed together with only tunnels through the pile providing a path for travel. The junk aside, it is utterly black here save for the failing light of sunset spilling through the doorway. All within eyesight is still.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:46 am

Perception: 1d100:
85

JIC: 1d20:
13
and 1d100:
80


"current on"
Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 P.P.E. | 2 by touch | 160 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack

Armor Provides the following.
• Masks infrared and thermal emissions, making the wearer's heat invisible to infrared and thermal optics! 01- 25% chance of showing up on thermal systems, and even then the reading/image will seem unusually unclear.
• Insulated, high temperature resistant shielding for up to 500 degrees centigrade. Normal fires do 5% of their normal dam­age and only when exposed to it for more than a few minutes. Mega-Damage fire, heat, plasma and magic fire does half dam­age. (M.D. cold does full damage.)
• Kinetic energy dampening and cushioning system. Explosions, high impact, falls, and projectile weapons (arrows, bullets, rail gun rounds, grenades, missiles, etc.) do half damage. S.D.C. punches, kicks, and weapons do no damage.


Seeing Grant work his magic to open the door gives Jack an awestruck feeling. This guy has some talent, he thinks to himself. Realizing the door is now starting to open he rationalizes that it is getting real. He quickly move some items around in his gear, moves his laser rifle to the front side of his chest rig and makes sure his vibro sword is on his good side and accessible.

He grab his survival sack from the boar and throws it in his back pack figuring he will not be able to drive the boar through the door and will have to leave it. Loudly through the helmet he asks, "What is the team frequency anyway so I can get my armor set right?" He walks over to Ashlynn and stand next to her. "That was some funny stuff right? I'm have tempted to yell again. you ready for this?"

Jack settles his attention back to the door and waits to hear what the boss wants to do. "I guess it time to go find that guy with the thing." he says to Ashlyn. "He Grant, This flying stuff gonna be hard?"

I wonder what this helmet has for optics, he wonders to himself.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Alays » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:07 am

Perception: 1d100:
64
/ 39%
JIC: 1d20:
20

JIC: 1d100:
89

Conditions: Sixth Sense, Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange, Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple, Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 154 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack



As Alays walks through the door and into the next dimension a bit a apprehension begins to over take his sense. He quickly finds the strength to fight back the feeling. Once his nerves settle, he clears his thought before speaking.

Didn't think I would be back here. Last time I almost got fucking eaten. We should at least be able to bypass the worms this time. God would that be nice.

"This Is about as far as I can direct you. Once those worms showed up there wasn't too much left for us to do. Hopefully with you guys, we can pass them up. So if anyone else wants to try and navigate through this part of the maze, then I'll cover your flank. Remember these things can borrow through this junk like mole through dirt. So try not to disturb too many things."

Alays’ eyes quickly adjust to the low light conditions. Gripping his rifle firmly. Just in case the worms decide to surprise attack again. He begins to scan the area for any telltale signs he can remember from his first encounter. Waiting patiently to see what the others decide for a plan of action.

Detect Ambush - [dice]1d100[dice] - 55%
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:33 am

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100:
51

JIC: 1d20:
14
, 1d100 = 42

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 79%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 89%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 120mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 800'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 14
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 57/78
  • P.P.E.: 548/610
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Energy Sphere (300/800 P.P.E.) Duration: 16/16 days
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 406.75 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
  • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 46.75 min | 3000' | See through 4" S.D.C. .5" light M.D.C. material. 1" dirt. 1' water or heavy M.D.C.
  • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 1.75 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
  • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 46.75 min | Undetectable by psionics or magic. Includes Psi-Stalker/Dog boy or similar. No aura
  • Nightvision | MA 9 | 70.75 min | 3600' | Works in non-magical darkness
  • See Wards | HUGM 182 | 22.75 min | 360' | See active wards, how many, general sense of power.
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.



Grant wipes the sweat that has beaded across his forehead from the effort of opening the gate. The need for mana and the door's resistance to accepting is incredible. If I hadn't know it would actually open, I may have given up beforehand. Yet another defensive measure of the Three? Definitely prevents accidental access.

"Quickly through the door, Beltin, thank you for staying behind. Having any sort of safety net if we get stuck on the otherside..." Grant trails off. He nods to Beltin and Whyne and steps into the darkness through the door. The first syllable of a spell to create light passes his lips and then he stops. No, not yet, use technology when possible on this side. He reaches into one of his pouches, his fingers touching the objects inside until he finds the cylindrical shape he was searching for. He pulls out his flash light and flicks it on.

Jack wrote:Jack settles his attention back to the door and waits to hear what the boss wants to do. "I guess it time to go find that guy with the thing." he says to Ashlyn. "He Grant, This flying stuff gonna be hard?"


I told him to practice before we go through the door, the mage thinks. "The magic reacts to your will and thought, so order your mind," Grant says, "I suppose that old saying is still true. "It's not the fall, but the sudden stop.' Be mindful of your desires."

Standing in the darkness, the shaft of quickly dimming light from out side the door causing the shadows loom large, Grant looks around. An old story comes to mind, "Jack you've brought something a bit more useful than bread crumbs, right?"

He reaches back into his pouch and pulls out the picture of Professor McGrath, "Now that we are inside the gate, I may be able to sense him." Beltin should be doing this, crosses Grant's mind. Magic or psychic energy? Psychic for now. Grant stares at the image, focusing on the lines and curves of the man's face. What are you doing? His mind calmed and focused, he activates his ability of Remote Viewing (10 I.S.P. RUE p176) to get a 2d6+6 = 9:
1, 2
second vision of what the Professor is doing this instant.

He recalls what Ashlynn reminded him of:

Ashlynn wrote:"Well, once we pass through the gate, we take 1123 steps to the north, then 356 steps... there's this whole map. We're looking for a guy named Connor McGrath who's maybe in there alive and maybe dead but looking for some kinda thing - obviously, he's not looking for it if he's dead unless he's some kinda ghost or zombie or whatever, but we need to find him and it and get out. And there's Sunaj after us and maybe a Splugorth? I dunno. I never saw a Splugorth but I heard they're bad news."


Land Navigation: 102% vs 1d100:
16


"Ashlynn, let's work together on validating the directions." Once Sir Ronith gives the order to move out, he lifts off the ground, and begins counting his steps in the air.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Barracuda » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:43 am

Perception: 1d100:
55
/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20:
4
/1d100:
24


Conditions
HP/MDC: 57/57
SDC: 181/181
Amphib Body Armor:
  • Helmet: 84/84 MDC
  • Left Arm: 60/60 MDC
  • Right Arm: 60/60 MDC
  • Main Body: 40/120 MDC
  • Left Leg: 72/72 MDC
  • Right Leg: 72/72 MDC
  • N-F20A: 75/75 MDC (ACTIVE)
Sustain:
  • Duration: 24 days
  • Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • BOM 109
Fly as an Eagle:
  • Duration: 408:00 minutes
  • Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack.
  • BOM 115


Ashlynn wrote:"YOU... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... YOU... YOU SAID... YOUSAIDYOUDIDN'THAVEARADIO... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... YOU WERE SHOUTING AND EVERYTHING.... BUT YOU HAD A RADIO! THIS! WHOLE! TIME!"

Ashlynn's laughter devolves into a coughing fit, and she leans against the APC, trying to catch her breath, with her cheeks stained with tears and face red as a tomato.

Presently, she regains some of her composure, but cannot stop the occasional chuckle.

"I mean... heheheh.. the shouting and everything... priceless." She wipes the tears from her eyes.


"Ash. Dude. Come on. Serious face. Magic door adventure. Get it together."

Barracuda watches as Grant does his mojo to get the door open and is in awe of the immense darkness within. Glad I absorbed all that energy earlier. I should be able to light this up no problem. Barracuda floats in and starts glowing. He raises the brightness until it's at a reasonable level that won't blind his teammates. If his armor prevents his glow from being bright enough to light their path, he'll use his ability to shoot light beams in its place, creating a searchlight with both hands. "Just tell me where to shine my light, guys."
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:51 pm

JIC: 1d20:
16
, 1d100:
20

PER: 1d100:
21
vs. 66% (+15% hearing)
Conditions
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
  • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 407 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack


Jack McDermott wrote:"Hey guys, What is the mission anyway?" He asks Ronith and Ashlyn as they step out of the APC. "It is pretty obvious someone has been fight around here. We on a search and rescue of some sort? he follows up.
In between putting on his loaner armor, Ronith answers "We are searching for one Professor McGrath, who has entered the realm behind Broken Door. It is effectively some sort of mystic junkyard, with the added bonus that magic may not work properly. There may be... other things, of interest but do not concern yourself with them now." How even to begin the prophecy and everything... Best to keep it simple for now.

Ronith, who also has enhanced hearing ((and a successful perception roll last round)) smiles to himself once Jack admits his error, and stifles a laugh at Ashlynn's ribbing but declines to join in. No need to embarrass him further. Still, it is good to hear the new unit coming together. Perhaps these new recruits shall work out after all. At the mention of a golem guarding the Dweomer side of the Broken Door, Ronith will scan the area for any remnants of it (if only to reassure himself that it hasn't regenerated or something). He'll make note of anything interesting that he finds, but once it's time to enter he will draw the team together for a quick briefing. Ronith will also make sure Jack and all of the other new recruits have the team's radio frequency before they head in.

Grant Latham wrote:"With the instruction from Mr. Horne, I should be able to open it as he indicated, once inside though, I will have to conserve my energy to make sure I can open it back up. The first mile to the location is supposed to be a maze of junk, he recommended flying, the flight spell I cast should still be active on most of us."
Satisfied that the perimeter is secure, Ronith settles on his haunches, summons a small psi-sword, and scratches a capital 'V' in the dirt. "We fly in this formation. I shall take the lead here", and thrusts at the joint of the V. "Barracuda, follow at my right, Alays at my left. It shall be our task to engage any hostiles we encounter at close range, and give the others time to scatter and seek cover. Our top priority for the mission is preserving Grant's magical reserves- we do not have any clear idea of how rapid the rate of drain is, nor whether or how much we shall need his focus in order to exit. Ashlynn, you stick with Grant and help keep him alive. The two of you follow behind Barracuda."

"Weiss and Jack, you follow behind Alays. Weiss, I realize that we cannot utilize your skills to the fullest capability inside, but nonetheless I believe you are well-equipped to provide fire support to those of us in the lead. Jack, you bring up the rear- flight spell or not, we can expect a labyrinthine interior and navigating back to the Broken Door after we have located McGrath may prove challenging. Particularly if we come under attack again. I want you to keep track of our route back. Once we find McGrath, be prepared to lead us back to the entrance as quickly as possible."

"Should we encounter opposition before we find McGrath, I shall engage it at close range to give the rest of you a chance to situate yourselves. Barracuda, you shall be my second. Alays, dispose yourself as either melee support or ranged fire support as the situation dictates. The rest of you are to stay at a distance, seek cover, and fire at will."

"Should we encounter difficulties after we have located McGrath, Jack will lead the way back to the entrance. Ashlynn and Grant, follow close behind him. Alays, you shall be in charge of getting McGrath to safety. Weiss, assist Alays or myself as needed. Barracuda and I shall cover our retreat."

"We get in, find McGrath, and get out as quickly as possible. If there are no questions, move out."

Ronith will prepare himself to take the lead, drawing his swords but waiting for the rest of the team to situate themselves before heading in. Once inside, he will take note of Frostfang's telltale white glow- if it seems fainter than normal, Ronith will sheathe his magical blades and activate a pair of crimson psi-swords instead. Otherwise, once everyone is inside Ronith will take to the air and begin following the directions previously outlined.

Barracuda wrote:"Just tell me where to shine my light, guys."
"For now, light our way. I doubt anything waiting for us missed the sound of that door opening."
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 50/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:05 am

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100:
85

JIC: Original post: 1d20:
13
and Original post: 1d100:
80


"current on"
Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 P.P.E. | 2 by touch | 160 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack

Armor Provides the following.
• Masks infrared and thermal emissions, making the wearer's heat invisible to infrared and thermal optics! 01- 25% chance of showing up on thermal systems, and even then the reading/image will seem unusually unclear.
• Insulated, high temperature resistant shielding for up to 500 degrees centigrade. Normal fires do 5% of their normal dam­age and only when exposed to it for more than a few minutes. Mega-Damage fire, heat, plasma and magic fire does half dam­age. (M.D. cold does full damage.)
• Kinetic energy dampening and cushioning system. Explosions, high impact, falls, and projectile weapons (arrows, bullets, rail gun rounds, grenades, missiles, etc.) do half damage. S.D.C. punches, kicks, and weapons do no damage.



Grant wrote:"The magic reacts to your will and thought, so order your mind," Grant says, "I suppose that old saying is still true. "It's not the fall, but the sudden stop.' Be mindful of your desires."


”Well I guess it is good my mind is a still as a pond”, Jack says in reply. ”I would hate to see someone who’s thoughts were all over the place.” He finishes and looks towards Ashlynn while he is saying it.

Ronith wrote:"Weiss and Jack, you follow behind Alays. Weiss, I realize that we cannot utilize your skills to the fullest capability inside, but nonetheless I believe you are well-equipped to provide fire support to those of us in the lead. Jack, you bring up the rear- flight spell or not, we can expect a labyrinthine interior and navigating back to the Broken Door after we have located McGrath may prove challenging. Particularly if we come under attack again. I want you to keep track of our route back. Once we find McGrath, be prepared to lead us back to the entrance as quickly as possible."


Once Jack hears Ronith plan he falls in line. He checks his pockets to make sure he still has the paper and pencil in there. ”I’ll track our every twist and turn Ronith we will get out.” he says. Jack put the paper safely away, pulls his bow up to ready and follows the group through the door in formation. As long as I’m still alive, he thinks to himself.

Jack enters the team frequency into the mini comp on his arm. He checks comms and then speaks ”Check, check. Microphone check. 1. 2. Check, check.” He switch on the flashlight in the arm on his suit. Confidence starts to enter his body, first like a slow shiver then vibrating. Adrenaline is a wonderous things, he thinks to himself. ”Today. Today is a good day to die. Live well, fight well and f… Wait, is this a PG13 group or what?”
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:10 pm

Perception: 45% 1d100:
33

JIC 1d20:
2
1d100:
76


Current Magical Effects
OOC Comments
Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 413.75 min | Fly 50 mph, +1 parry, +2 dodge, +2 damage diving attack
Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 7.75 min | 150/150 M.D.C. | Regenerates 1d6 M.D.C./melee round, complete environmental protection, 1/2 damage from energy.
Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
Tongues | BOM 114 | 4.75 min | Speak and understand all languages at 98%


Alays wrote:"I got a couple. Never hurts to have to many, besides the writers always have something for me. Wouldn't want the to kill off the star, now would we?"


We are so going to need to get a handle on what exactly Alays' delusions are. Weiss rolls his eyes behind his helmet; Crazies may be useful, but also hard on the brain to cope with.

"Well, couple of spare L-20 Pulse rifles in the APC if you need them." he tells him, indicating with his hand where they are.

Alays wrote:"Alone? No. I was hired by some other merc. The golem was on this side. The thing was made of stone, so the only thing I found effective was some explosives. Sadly I only have a grenade or two left. "


Weiss rummages in his backpack and tosses a couple of grenades to Alays.

"Just in case, but don't use them unless you have to. How are you doing for ammo? he advises the Crazy, as he pulls out a few more e-clips and attaches them to his harness, "now tell me about this merc that hired you. Any idea what they were after? Did they have a crew?" Mentally, Weiss remembers what he can from what Beltin showed them of the other team that was hunting Whynne to compare with any details Alays can provide.

After he finishes with his backpack, he places it back inside the APC and picks up his portable tool kit, slinging it over his shoulder.

Jack McDermott wrote:Jack walks up close to Weis, lifts his helmet slightly and very quietly says, ”Yeah, about the radio.” He pauses for a second trying to find the words. ”It seems I may have forgotten, maybe, that this uh. This suit. This suit may have a built-in radio. Uh, yeah. In fact. I think I’m pretty sure it does.


Jack is lucky Weiss is wearing a helmet that completely obscures his face
God help me from amateurs

Well... he starts before he is suddenly interrupted.

Ashlynn wrote:"YOU... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... YOU... YOU SAID... YOUSAIDYOUDIDN'THAVEARADIO... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... YOU WERE SHOUTING AND EVERYTHING.... BUT YOU HAD A RADIO! THIS! WHOLE! TIME!"


Weiss smiles beneath the helmet, mostly glad that Ash is feeling far more her normal self.

"Ronith, just so you know, that Crusader armour has a radio as well, in case you didn't know." Weiss' voice has a slight mocking tone to it, as he glances at Jack as he says it. He turns back to Jack

"Least you figured it out before we went through the portal. Quick bit of advice, make sure you know what our gear can do and also what it can't. Need to procure some nightvision goggles at some point. Pain not being able to see in the dark."

As they step through the portal

Virtus wrote:There is a small area everyone can walk into, but on all sides, above and below there is junk. Discarded items of all manner are packed together with only tunnels through the pile providing a path for travel. The junk aside, it is utterly black here save for the failing light of sunset spilling through the doorway. All within eyesight is still.


"Another doorway Grant," Weiss looks around, rifle up as he walks through the portal and takes position on the flank, "you must stop spoiling us

As he realises how dark the area is, he flicks on the flashlight attached to his utility belt.
"Unless you can see in the dark, I suggest lighting them up if you've got them.

OOC Comments
I am presuming that as this is another dimension, Weiss' gyro compass is currently going haywire
Land Navigation 68% 1d100:
94


Barracuda wrote:Barracuda floats in and starts glowing. He raises the brightness until it's at a reasonable level that won't blind his teammates. If his armor prevents his glow from being bright enough to light their path, he'll use his ability to shoot light beams in its place, creating a searchlight with both hands. "Just tell me where to shine my light, guys."


The polarising visor common to all EBA kicks in as Ben lights up.

"Cheers light bulb, he jokes, keeping his rifle pointed outwards, "suspect we have everyone who might be here's attention by now already"

Ronith wrote:"Weiss and Jack, you follow behind Alays. Weiss, I realize that we cannot utilize your skills to the fullest capability inside, but nonetheless I believe you are well-equipped to provide fire support to those of us in the lead.


Weiss nods and taps the barrel of his plasma rifle
"That I can do. I also have my tools with me just in case we need to deal with anything more mundane. He pats the case hanging over his shoulder, "with magic less usable, I figure there is a likelihood that somebody did something with this junk."

Ronith wrote:"Should we encounter difficulties after we have located McGrath, Jack will lead the way back to the entrance. Ashlynn and Grant, follow close behind him. Alays, you shall be in charge of getting McGrath to safety. Weiss, assist Alays or myself as needed. Barracuda and I shall cover our retreat."

"We get in, find McGrath, and get out as quickly as possible. If there are no questions, move out."


Weiss nods and moves into position, ready for a fight and hoping it would be a quiet trip. The likelihood of that was remote though.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:48 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100:
33

JIC: 1d20:
18

1d100:
18


Barracuda wrote:"Ash. Dude. Come on. Serious face. Magic door adventure. Get it together."


Ashlynn chuckles and looks into the space beyond Broken Door. "Hey look, it's a wonderland of garbage." She smiles and proceeds to enter with the team.

Jack wrote:"That was some funny stuff right? I'm have tempted to yell again. You ready for this?"


Ashlynn grins, hiding the pain of her recently mangled arm. "Always ready! But let's save the yelling for really important stuff so's we don't cause a cave-in. Like if there's an ambush or your sportsball team wins a point or whatever."

Jack wrote:”I would hate to see someone who’s thoughts were all over the place.”


Ashlynn looks mock-offended. "Hey, I fly like a gorram bird. Like a, like a leaf on the wind. Not my fault most of you can only think about one thing at a time."

Ronith wrote:"Ashlynn, you stick with Grant and help keep him alive."


Grant wrote:"Ashlynn, let's work together on validating the directions."


Ashlynn nods, and heads over to Grant. "Right-o." Help keep HIM alive? He just saved MY bacon.

OOC Comments
Hopefully the map Watcher had was provided to us in some way before that player left the game.


When Barracuda lights up like a lantern, Ashlynn's eyes boggle. "Oooh... shiny..."

Ashlynn stays glued to Grant's side, trying not to get distracted by all the neat crap piled in here. Keep focused, Ashlynn! You pull one trinket outta the wall and you could bury us all alive. Job to do, get it done. For the most part, she remains silent, in an attempt to use her radar (range 400') and heightened sense of hearing (range 360') to determine movement among the junk by anyone who ain't us.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Alays » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:31 pm

Grant wrote:"The magic reacts to your will and thought, so order your mind,"


"Umm, order my mind?"

Alays speaks with a bit of concern in his voice.

"Well, I can take care of mine but what happens if the others can't order their minds? I never fly solo, you know. You probably don't come across this delima too often, so you probably have no idea. Either way it going to be fun ride. Better buckle up, just in case."

Ronith wrote:"We fly in this formation. I shall take the lead here"...
"We get in, find McGrath, and get out as quickly as possible. If there are no questions, move out."


Alays waits and listens patiently as Ronith explains the tactic and course of actions. Giving a few head nods ever now and then, to show he is still listening and paying attention.

"Roger, that. A quick smash and grab. I'll make sure my side holds. No need to worry about me."

Weiss wrote:"Just in case, but don't use them unless you have to. How are you doing for ammo? he advises the Crazy, as he pulls out a few more e-clips and attaches them to his harness, "now tell me about this merc that hired you. Any idea what they were after? Did they have a crew?"


"One can never have too much ammo. If you could spare a few clips, I can gladly replace them later. But about these mercs, I can't really say much about them. Only meet them for this job. Thought they would have been able to handle themselves. Guess I was wrong. Good thing it didn't cost me too much. Mostly pride. The only information about what we were looking for was a building with pillars. That's all I got before those damn worms attacked. Sorry I can't be of any more help."
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:48 pm

(rolls carried)

Alays wrote:"Umm, order my mind?"

Alays speaks with a bit of concern in his voice.

"Well, I can take care of mine but what happens if the others can't order their minds? I never fly solo, you know. You probably don't come across this delima too often, so you probably have no idea. Either way it going to be fun ride. Better buckle up, just in case."


What is he talking about? Grant thinks distractedly as he's focusing his energy on opening the door. Then he remembers, The implants. "Well, tell the others that, if they want to get home, you all need to work together."

Weiss wrote:"Another doorway Grant," Weiss looks around, rifle up as he walks through the portal and takes position on the flank, "you must stop spoiling us."


Grant grins, his excitement at having traveled to another dimension growing. "John, it's a door way to adventure!" Grant says dramatically with a flourish as he waves his hand to encompass the piles of trash.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:52 am

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 2:02am
Climate: 80F, grey sky, no wind, no sun, ambient light only
Visibility: 5 miles
Terrain: Urban Decay
no radio traffic
no magic detectable


Barracuda, having absorbed energy earlier now emits light illuminating these junk tunnels. The light seems to have a harsh effect on the landscape. the shadows beyond the light grow more ominous. Thanks to Grant, the whole crew drifts into the foreboding terrain like spirits. As they move through the tunnels, all is silent save for an occasional groan from their surroundings. Above, below and to all sides is junk. Bicycle frames, cars parts, old clothing, toothbrushes and all manner of other discarded items seem to make up this environment. Everything seems to be impacted with dirt or some fashion of clumpy matter.

The crew takes special care to not touch the sides, nor top or bottom. The tunnels wind everywhere, even doubling back. Compasses do not register here at all. Moving slowly, carefully they make their way through dead ends and circular paths. One large worm is encountered moving through their passage. Fortunately Ronith spots a side passage to duck into to allow the worm to pass. Everyone remained motionless as the great beast passed. Weiss calculates it to be over three hundred feet long and over twenty feet in diameter. Even though Barracuda dims his light, the creature didn't seem to notice it, perhaps being utterly blind.

Eventually many hours later Ronith spots a dim sickly light. With caution they approach. A town is seen beyond the tunnel. Heroes for Hire emerge from the tunnels about a hundred feet up from the street on what can only be described as a mountain. It towers above them for hundreds if not thousands of feet. It fills almost their whole vision behind them. the sky is grey. Or it might be better to say there is no sky, just grey. No clouds, no wind, nothing is moving save for some tiny black dots in the far distance. Those with the ability to see far distances will see that they seem to be birds like crows but sickly and cruel looking.

Ashlynn and Weiss notice some small animals like rats that move in an out of the trash mountain nearby. In the far distance there is what appears to be a tower of some fashion or something jutting towards the sky from the landscape. Closer at hand there appear to be ruins. Building of similar appearance to that in Dweomer but shabbier. Briars and other brambles grow in the vacant lots around burned out cars and other litter. This stretches on for as far as the eye can see to the grey horizon.

Navigation may be very difficult though not far away a bent street sign is visible. What looks like the river they passed over when traveling to the warehouse district can be seen in the distance giving them some fashion of bearing.

Grant in Beltin's place reaches out with his mind, trying to perceive McGrath. As Grant's mind sifts through the darkness of thought he sees a distant figure. Even as his psyche speeds towards that scene a dome of impenetrable id erects itself between the mage and the object of his thought. Though the scene is blocked, it does answer one question; McGrath is alive.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:10 pm

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100:
74

JIC: 1d20:
15
, 1d100 = 58

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 79%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 89%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 120mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 800'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 14
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 47/78
  • P.P.E.: 548/610
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Energy Sphere (300/800 P.P.E.) Duration: 16/16 days
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.



As the group readies to leave the door, Grant looks up from where he had been sitting concentrating, a smile on his face even though his tasks was unsuccessful. "He's here, and alive. He was able to block me, but still, he must be one cagey bastard to still be alive here for months. Best case, this dimension is out of sync with where we were and moving much slower in comparison."

He gets up and dusts off his knees, frowning at the dirt he sees there, he starts to speak a word of power and then stops, No conserve, dammit, we don't know what this place has in store for us other than trouble.

Sense Ley Line 79% vs 6d100:
22, 79, 60, 21, 6, 56
| 60 miles
Sense Nexus 89% vs 6d100:
69, 36, 80, 35, 56, 85
| Dependent on finding a ley line first
Sense Rift: Automatic | 120 miles

As the minutes tick by, then hours, Grant reaches out with his sense to determine if there is any ley lines or nexus in this dimension. When the first hour passes and his magical reserves are unchanged, the little voice in his head says, This is bad. It begins to repeat after the second hour. By the third, it's barely audible to those next to him, "This is bad, bad, bad."

After the fourth, he tells the group, "This place is like a leach for magical energy. My reserves are unchanged, but definitely not recovering. We need to play an entirely defensive game here I think."

He reaches into his pouches as the fly along, pulling out various pouches looking at them with his flash light and putting them back and reaching for another. He does this a few more times taking out something occasionally.

As they reach the exit, all of the ley line nexus enhanced magic he'd cast back in Dweomer finally wears off, and his feat touch the ground. He quickly strings together the items in his hands.

He walks over to Jack and Alays, he hands each of them a bracelet with a small shield and a hollow triangle on them. "Here, each of you takes these, I am not going to be able do much in here, hopefully these will keep you alive while we are here. The shield will grant you an invisible protective field of energy for about five minutes, the other one will help keep up your energy and eliminate the need for food, air or water for about 5 days. To use them, touch the one you want and will it to activate. You can use each one 3 times, so be judicious."

Land Navigation: 102% vs 1d100:
3


He carefully slides his way down the slope and if the area is clear goes over and looks at the street sign. Hopefully this matches the instructions.

For Alays and Jack
Code: Select all
[b]Talisman of Armor of Ithan[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2019/01/26/20190126131236-e522d633.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Armor of Ithan
[*]Duration: 5 minutes
[*]M.D.C.: 50 (1/2 damage from magical fire, cold, and lightning)
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.150, BoM[/size]

[b]Talisman of Sustain[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2019/01/26/20190126131236-e522d633.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Sustain
[*]Require no food, water, or breath, need only 2 hours of sleep/night. Can survive almost all environmental conditions
[*]Duration: 5 days
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.150, BoM[/size]
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:40 pm

Perception 45% 1d100:
42

JIC 1d100:
86
1d20:
13


Alays wrote:"One can never have too much ammo. If you could spare a few clips, I can gladly replace them later. But about these mercs, I can't really say much about them. Only meet them for this job. Thought they would have been able to handle themselves. Guess I was wrong. Good thing it didn't cost me too much. Mostly pride. The only information about what we were looking for was a building with pillars. That's all I got before those damn worms attacked. Sorry I can't be of any more help."


Mercs, underprepared and lucky to be alive it sounds like. Idiots like that give the profession a bad name.

Weiss tosses him another clip to go with the grenades.

"Don't get too excitable with those. We may need them and unless Ben has been eating his wheaties, recharging e-clips might be an issue in there." he tells Alays as he ponders a few followup questions.

"They all human or were there Dbees amongst their number? Any magic users? Presumably there was at least one to open the door unless they had another way?"

Grant Latham wrote:Grant grins, his excitement at having traveled to another dimension growing. "John, it's a door way to adventure!" Grant says dramatically with a flourish as he waves his hand to encompass the piles of trash.


"You bring us to the nicest places," he answers sarcastically looking around at the rubbish, "your last portal was a 4 out of 5. Fraid I'm going to have to rate this one only a 1."


As they travel through the tunnels and have to hide from one of the worms, Weiss can't help but marvel at it, despite its potential danger.

Virtus wrote:Weiss calculates it to be over three hundred feet long and over twenty feet in diameter.


"That's a big one," Weiss whispers as its passes their hiding place, using the Frequency Razor to prevent the sound from leaving where they were.

Arriving at the other end of the tunnels, Weiss was glad to be out of there. Where they ended up was a surprise.

Virtus wrote:Ashlynn and Weiss notice some small animals like rats that move in an out of the trash mountain nearby.


"Definitely not a holiday destination, but a town out here, that was not on the brochure Weiss is a little surprised by the presence of the town, mostly that anybody would live in a place like this, though perhaps they find themselves unable to leave, "certainly seems to be enough food source for those little scavengers. Guessing they either have some form of defenses or the worms don't actually leave the tunnels for whatever reason. Guess some people like their privacy and probably not a fan of magic if they are living in a location whereby you can't recover your strength."

"Grant, do you have enough power to get us flying again with one extra for McGrath or are we likely to be hoofing it through those tunnels?" he asks the mage, looking back at the tunnel they had just exited, "Ben and I can keep any of those worms from picking up any sound we make, but our footsteps will still likely attract attention." and I don't really fancy walking all that way. Hell on the soles.

He looks down at the town again and taps the side of his helmet in contemplation.
"If there is no magic here, then either they are living a very basic lifestyle or they are reliant on technology. Could be that my technical skills might come in handy for bartering purposes," he taps his tool kit to emphasise the point,"Considering what Alays was saying before about a building with pillars, can I suggest we keep an eye out for it. Could be that it is not relevant to our mission, but it might be a useful locale to visit."
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:31 am

(rolls carried)

Weiss wrote:"Definitely not a holiday destination, but a town out here, that was not on the brochure Weiss is a little surprised by the presence of the town, mostly that anybody would live in a place like this, though perhaps they find themselves unable to leave, "certainly seems to be enough food source for those little scavengers. Guessing they either have some form of defenses or the worms don't actually leave the tunnels for whatever reason. Guess some people like their privacy and probably not a fan of magic if they are living in a location whereby you can't recover your strength."

"Grant, do you have enough power to get us flying again with one extra for McGrath or are we likely to be hoofing it through those tunnels?" he asks the mage, looking back at the tunnel they had just exited, "Ben and I can keep any of those worms from picking up any sound we make, but our footsteps will still likely attract attention." and I don't really fancy walking all that way. Hell on the soles.

He looks down at the town again and taps the side of his helmet in contemplation.
"If there is no magic here, then either they are living a very basic lifestyle or they are reliant on technology. Could be that my technical skills might come in handy for bartering purposes," he taps his tool kit to emphasis the point,"Considering what Alays was saying before about a building with pillars, can I suggest we keep an eye out for it. Could be that it is not relevant to our mission, but it might be a useful locale to visit."


Grant looks back at Weiss from his own observation of the wrecked town. "It took much longer than I had expected for us to get to this point. I had expected the whole town to be a dumping ground, rather than the maze we had immediately entering the Broken Door."

He points to the rolled up mat on his back, "If we can find a few rugs out there, I can cast a more efficient spell that could allow up to three of us to travel together on the same rug. At this point, if I can avoid casting anything else until we find the professor, I should have enough to cast the needed flight magic. And if those worms haven't changed the tunnels so our maps stay accurate," Grant shrugs his shoulders, "what took us hours should hopefully take us only a couple to get back."

The professor isn't know to be a psychic or magic user from we've gathered, but if he's found some source of energy in here that allowed him to block my viewing of him, perhaps I can tap into that to fuel my magic.
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:59 am

Perception: 1d100:
12
vs 30%
JIC: 1d20:
5
and 1d100:
73


Current additonal items worn
Talisman of Armor of Ithan
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Armor of Ithan
  • Duration: 5 minutes
  • M.D.C.: 50 (1/2 damage from magical fire, cold, and lightning)
  • Charges: 3
Book Reference: p.150, BoM


Talisman of Sustain
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Sustain
  • Require no food, water, or breath, need only 2 hours of sleep/night. Can survive almost all environmental conditions
  • Duration: 5 days
  • Charges: 3
Book Reference: p.150, BoM


Jack follows the group in formation, watchful and attentive on where they came from and where they have gone. This place was even stranger to him than his new home world he had come to accept. Damn it, Will I have to learn to live in this new place? No, No way. These guys don't seem to be the type to not have a plan. I may not know it but I feel it deep down inside. they must have one. Focus Jack! Focus! Track Jack! Track!

As they move along Jack make sure to painstakingly detail their route. As they move along he dips down occasional to mark the path so they can follow the marks out. Like Hansel and Gretel, he makes small changes to the landscape or builds makeshift markers that he should remember on the way out.

When they duck in the passage to hide and Jack sees the worm he momentarily loses his breath. "Holy Cow, where the hell are we? That thing was huge! he whispers not realizing he has his helmet on. They probably can't hear you Jack. You have your helmet on stupid. Probably not a good idea to break radio silence either. With worms like that I wonder what other lovelies live here. Probably see the baron Harkonin float by soon.What the f..." he thinks to himself.

As the spell Grant cast on him slowly wears off he slopes down to the ground witht he rest of the group. Well that was fun while it lasted, he thinks to himself as Grant walks up to him.

Grant Latham wrote:He walks over to Jack and Alays, he hands each of them a bracelet with a small shield and a hollow triangle on them. "Here, each of you takes these, I am not going to be able do much in here, hopefully these will keep you alive while we are here. The shield will grant you an invisible protective field of energy for about five minutes, the other one will help keep up your energy and eliminate the need for food, air or water for about 5 days. To use them, touch the one you want and will it to activate. You can use each one 3 times, so be judicious."


"Well hell, thank you! Hopefully I'll be able to repay the favor one day, he says loudly enough for grant to hear through his helmet while taking the talismans from him. These guys are way more prepared than I am. While they are stopped Jack takes another moment to make more notes on their route.

Trail Blazing - 25% vs 1d100:
66
- Mark their trail along the way so they can follow back.

Cartography - 45% vs 1d100:
43
- Create a map of their route in case the trailblazing is flawed.

Land Navigation 60% vs 1d100:
86
- Track where they came from and where they are going.

Detect Ambush 45% vs 1d100:
81
- Watch for creatures that may attempt to attack

Detect Concealment 40% vs 1d100:
65
- Look for hidden things along the way.
Last edited by Jack McDermott on Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:44 pm

JIC: 1d20:
16
, 1d100:
76

PER: 1d100:
80
vs. 66% (+15% hearing)
Conditions
[list][*]Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
Prowl- 1d100 vs. 101% (+20% for cloak of shadows)
Seems prudent.
Anthropology- 1d100 vs. 91%
On the off-chance he spots any interesting junk.
Demon/Monster Lore- 1d100:
91
vs. 101%
To identify the worm, in particular whether they can expect others of its ilk to be around. Also to try and identify the birds.
Land Navigation- 1d100:
2
vs. 98%
Any clues as to where they are, exactly.

Ronith initially eyes his surroundings with distaste- he's been in worse areas, but a massive landfill is definitely near the top of the list. He will hold his swords close as the worm passes, unsure of how hostile it is but unwilling to press the team's luck given their present condition. As they continue to pass through the tunnel, Ronith will drift slightly out of Barracuda's light-glow- not so far that the others lose sight of him, but far enough that he can easily blend into the shadows if need be to give himself an advantage over any 'interlopers.'

Once they emerge from the tunnels, Ronith will signal Jack. "I hope you know the way back." The cyber-knight pauses to take in the mountain behind them- while no expert in geography, Ronith grasps the seeming impossibility of such a grand valley literally underneath the city of Dweomer, and concludes that there must be even more magic afoot in the vicinity. Hopefully, that means his and Grant's will continue to work.

After the entire team has exited the mountain, Ronith says "Tighten up- same formation but we stick to the ground unless we are spotted. We move into town first, and see if we can locate McGrath. If not, we resort to psychic senses- from here on out we need to try to conserve our strength. We may need it on the way out."

Grant Latham wrote:"He's here, and alive. He was able to block me, but still, he must be one cagey bastard to still be alive here for months. Best case, this dimension is out of sync with where we were and moving much slower in comparison."
"Good enough for now- if you got any sort of sense of his location, point the way. Otherwise, let us assume that he is in that town for now. Do he think he detected you?"

Ronith will let the rest of the team discuss the situation among themselves, provided they do so relatively quietly. But, once the others are ready to head out, he will set a brisk pace towards the town in front of them. He will keep his swords out, and an eye out for trouble.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 50/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:37 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100:
58

JIC: 1d20:
11

1d100:
64


As Ashlynn enters the doorway with the rest, she smiles at Grant, while holding her nose. "What an incredible smell you've discovered!" She sticks to his side as ordered, in the formation Ronith mandated, until they have to duck out of the way of the giant worm.

Ew. Ew. Ewewewewew. When the worm is safely away, she shudders bodily, and says "Guh", but presses on.

Grant wrote:"He's here, and alive. He was able to block me, but still, he must be one cagey bastard to still be alive here for months. Best case, this dimension is out of sync with where we were and moving much slower in comparison."


Ashlynn nods at this new info. "Good - I'd hate for us to come all this way only to bring back a corpse... I hope there's enough of his mind left to still be worth the effort. She thinks briefly about McGrath's wife, and then, as a matter of course, Weiss' wife, and her own family. Well... whatever his condition, it's worth the effort I guess.

Ronith wrote:"Tighten up- same formation but we stick to the ground unless we are spotted. We move into town first, and see if we can locate McGrath. If not, we resort to psychic senses- from here on out we need to try to conserve our strength. We may need it on the way out."


Ashlynn lowers to the ground as her flight spell expires, and marches along with the rest of the crew, maintaining her place in the formation.

"So..." Ashlynn begins, having held her tongue for far too long, "...Am I alone in finding that there being life here is encouraging? I mean, that giant worm was SUPER-EW, but there's little varmints and birds too, so that means there's some kinda ecosystem, which means we got some familiar rules to work with. I mean, we all come from an ecosystem right? And I find that kinda calming. And yeah, maybe magic don't regenerate here, and that's bad, no doubt," she casts an eye at Grant before continuing, "... But, y'know, T'avi used to say life was kinda like a magic of its own - before Hagbard would call him a sentimental tool... but - OH HEY, GRANT!" She slaps his shoulder excitedly, " If you need to borrow energy can't you do that from us? 'Cause I'll lend what I got if it comes to it. Ennyhoo, what I was getting at was that even though the place is a literal mountain of crap, it's not so bad. I mean... Things can still live here, yeah?"

As they approach within hearing distance of the town, however, Ashlynn falls silent once more.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:57 am

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100:
12
vs 30%
JIC: Original post: 1d20:
5
and Original post: 1d100:
73


Current additonal items worn
Talisman of Armor of Ithan
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Armor of Ithan
  • Duration: 5 minutes
  • M.D.C.: 50 (1/2 damage from magical fire, cold, and lightning)
  • Charges: 3
Book Reference: p.150, BoM


Talisman of Sustain
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Sustain
  • Require no food, water, or breath, need only 2 hours of sleep/night. Can survive almost all environmental conditions
  • Duration: 5 days
  • Charges: 3
Book Reference: p.150, BoM


While they are all standing close enough to talk, Jack asks quickly, "What is the protocol with the radios? We going radio silent or you think it ok to use em?" Jack keeps his eyes peeled for large warms and small critters.

Ashlynn wrote:"So..." Ashlynn begins, having held her tongue for far too long, "...Am I alone in finding that there being life here is encouraging? I mean, that giant worm was SUPER-EW, but there's little varmints and birds too, so that means there's some kinda ecosystem, which means we got some familiar rules to work with. I mean, we all come from an ecosystem right? And I find that kinda calming. And yeah, maybe magic don't regenerate here, and that's bad, no doubt," she casts an eye at Grant before continuing, "... But, y'know, T'avi used to say life was kinda like a magic of its own - before Hagbard would call him a sentimental tool... but - OH HEY, GRANT!" She slaps his shoulder excitedly, " If you need to borrow energy can't you do that from us? 'Cause I'll lend what I got if it comes to it. Ennyhoo, what I was getting at was that even though the place is a literal mountain of crap, it's not so bad. I mean... Things can still live here, yeah?"


Jack watches Ashlynn as she rolls through her nervous rant. "I guess it would be a bigger concern that things could live here if we expected to be here a long time. Which we don't. Right? I don't. Right? We don't? Right?" Jack shutters at the thought of having to familiarize himself with a new home. We need to get home no matter what, Jack thinks to himself. Then freezes for a second, had he just really considered that chaos ridden hell world home. What is the matter with me? That's not home. Is it?

"We should be thinking about getting back, not if or how we can survive here. Let get this guy and go." He pats Ashlyn of the shoulder softly. "This is not our new home."
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:28 pm

(rolls carried)

Ronith wrote:"Good enough for now- if you got any sort of sense of his location, point the way. Otherwise, let us assume that he is in that town for now. Do he think he detected you?"


Lore: Psychics & Psionics -- 89% vs 1d100:
38
| More concrete info on what blocked Grant's remote viewing.
Lore: Magic (General) -- 114% vs 1d100:
5
| More concrete info on what blocked Grant's remote viewing.

"My sense of it was that I had locked on, and then before I got near a mental barrier was erected. It was different that just a mind block, so something felt my presence, but if it was the professor, I could not tell," Grant replies, a hand rising to rub the back of his head before realizing that he's wearing a helmet.

Ashlynn wrote:"So..." Ashlynn begins, having held her tongue for far too long, "...Am I alone in finding that there being life here is encouraging? I mean, that giant worm was SUPER-EW, but there's little varmints and birds too, so that means there's some kinda ecosystem, which means we got some familiar rules to work with. I mean, we all come from an ecosystem right? And I find that kinda calming. And yeah, maybe magic don't regenerate here, and that's bad, no doubt," she casts an eye at Grant before continuing, "... But, y'know, T'avi used to say life was kinda like a magic of its own - before Hagbard would call him a sentimental tool... but - OH HEY, GRANT!" She slaps his shoulder excitedly, " If you need to borrow energy can't you do that from us? 'Cause I'll lend what I got if it comes to it. Ennyhoo, what I was getting at was that even though the place is a literal mountain of crap, it's not so bad. I mean... Things can still live here, yeah?"


Grant stumbles forward from her slap. "Oof! Yes, Ashlynn, finding that there is life in this place is a positve sign, hopefully we will return before we have need to sample the local cuisine" Grant chuckles, but...There are places where the intensity of magical energy is low, but there should still be some sort of flow of energy, there is life here, it can't be a closed circle, there must be some sort of input of energy to keep things going. "All living beings have at least some potential psychic energy, but most people have little, hence, their in ability to perform magic. But you are right to mention it, pooling what every we have may make a difference later."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Alays » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:22 am

Perception: 1d100:
63
/ 39%
JIC: 1d20:
1

JIC: 1d100:
49

Conditions: Sixth Sense, Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange, Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple


After making it through the tunnels with any major incidents, Alays takes a looks around. He looks up at the mounting of junk before looking down below. Remaking silent, he stands silent and double checks his gear.

Grant wrote:""He's here, and alive. He was able to block me, but still, he must be one cagey bastard to still be alive here for months. Best case, this dimension is out of sync with where we were and moving much slower in comparison."

"Here, each of you takes these, I am not going to be able do much in here, hopefully these will keep you alive while we are here. The shield will grant you an invisible protective field of energy for about five minutes, the other one will help keep up your energy and eliminate the need for food, air or water for about 5 days. To use them, touch the one you want and will it to activate. You can use each one 3 times, so be judicious."


"If he blocking you then that might mean he already knows we're here or at least now he does. Since he's been here for a couple of months, it's probably safe to assume that there's traps or defenses already in place." When Grant offers the aslismans to Alays, he puts a hand up and gesture a no thank you."You know that's pretty nice of you but I think I'll have to decline that offer. If those damn juicers don't need any magical aid and I'm better than any of them, then I don't need it either. Besides it looks like others might need them more than me."

Ronnith wrote:"Tighten up- same formation but we stick to the ground unless we are spotted. We move into town first, and see if we can locate McGrath. If not, we resort to psychic senses- from here on out we need to try to conserve our strength. We may need it on the way out."


Alays makes sure he lock and loaded before they start to move. He follows in formation, keeping a keen eye out for anything.

Detect Ambush 1d100:
74
- 55% - to make sure the group doesn't get jumped

Detect Concealment 1d100:
11
- 55% - to try and spot any hidden bunkers, turrest, traps, stash spots, ect.
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:37 am

(rolls carried)

Alays wrote:"If he blocking you then that might mean he already knows we're here or at least now he does. Since he's been here for a couple of months, it's probably safe to assume that there's traps or defenses already in place." When Grant offers the Talismans to Alays, he puts a hand up and gesture a no thank you."You know that's pretty nice of you but I think I'll have to decline that offer. If those damn juicers don't need any magical aid and I'm better than any of them, then I don't need it either. Besides it looks like others might need them more than me."


Grant nods, "My thought too, but neither his wife or Mr. Horne here in Dweomer mentioned any significant mental or magical abilities. Perhaps he has some sort of Techno-wizard device. This whole place is a trap, I wonder if we will be able to tell if it's something he set, or what was already here."

When Alays rejects the talismans the mage says, "As you wish, but those 'damn juicers' as you say have already decided that tomorrow doesn't matter. It may be that you don't need it for yourself, but you might be in a situation where one of us needs it and not in the position to use it." Some of Grant's other memories from q845 bubble up. "Once your fighting for your life, there's not much point in fighting fair, it's your life after all, that is at stake. Use whatever advantage you've got." Grant holds the talisman's out one more time, but if declined, puts them back in his belt pouch.

This may be another short-term member of the group, Grank thinks. Like that power armor pilot that met us on our way down the Mississipi, he was with us for less than a day I think before being killed...
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Barracuda » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:06 am

Perception: 1d100:
89
/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20:
7
/1d100:
60


Barracuda keeps his eyes on the junk surrounding them. Look at all this stuff! I wonder if any of this could be made useful or like is worth something. MercTown Earth is definitely different from home. Whole different set of values. I bet if I found an old Coke can, I could get some loot for it. (Salvage: 1d100:
19
/45% - PASS)
If he sees anything that might hold value, he'll swoop down to grab it.

He mentally joins the group when they talk about McGrath and his blocking their senses. "What's that street sign say? This all kinda looks like where we just came from. Maybe he's... at his house?"
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Alays » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:14 am

-> ROLLS CARRIED OVER <-

Weiss wrote:"They all human or were there Dbees amongst their number? Any magic users? Presumably there was at least one to open the door unless they had another way?"



"There was a good mix of humans and D-bees. As for magic users, I only notice the one who entered the door. Then again, he did use a couple of trinkets from a bag. That's more than I can do. Well, maybe. I dunno. Never really tried."

Grant wrote:"As you wish, but those 'damn juicers' as you say have already decided that tomorrow doesn't matter. It may be that you don't need it for yourself, but you might be in a situation where one of us needs it and not in the position to use it." Some of Grant's other memories from q845 bubble up. "Once your fighting for your life, there's not much point in fighting fair, it's your life after all, that is at stake. Use whatever advantage you've got." Grant holds the talisman's out one more time, but if declined, puts them back in his belt pouch.


Alays pauses for a quick moment before reluctantly taking the trinkets. Once he has taken them, he gives them a once over. Looking for nothing in particular. Alays then places them into his utility belt, for ease of access later.

"Umm. I guess you're right. I don't have to use them but someone else might. I can at least be your pack mule." Alays chuckles slightly."You know, this is probably one of those scenes with heavy foreshadowing or at least the calm before the storm. Well if we have rats and other creatures living in this pile of shit, Do you guys think there are other people, besides McGrath, living here? I can't understand why, tho."

I can't think of why anyone would want to live in a place like this. Shut and junk all around you and that damn smell. The proverbial saying of “One man's trash is another man's treasure.” out of all this amount amount, I pretty sure I might be able to find at least one thing I would want. Don't know why I would even look tho.

Alays kick a few items over in a half as attempt to find something. He looks around to see if anyone has started to move out. Edgar to pits some distance between him and worms and tunnel systems.

Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics - 1d100:
17
41% - Just a casual glance around to see if he can't spot anything worth while.

Detect Concealment 1d100:
2
- 55% - to try and spot any hidden bunkers, turrest, traps, stash spots, ect.
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Virtus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:36 pm

Conditions
Time & Date: Day 3, 2:17am
Climate: 80F, grey sky, no wind, no sun, ambient light only
Visibility: 5 miles
Terrain: Urban Decay
no radio traffic
no magic detectable


Everyone makes their way down to street level. The nearly sepia tone landscape combined with the stagnant air gives an unpleasant claustrophobic effect. Taking a look at the bent street sign, it reads "N. Plaza Blvd" and "N. Bridge St." Making an educated guess, that puts their location about 2 miles north by northwest from the address Horne had given them.

Barracuda sifts through some of the debris near them, kicking it about. Within eyeshot he can see many crushed soda cans, broken bottles and even the remnants of a vending machine. Through the shattered window of what looks to have been a convenience store, he spots a Coke clock hanging on the wall. It looks to be in good condition from a distance. Walking up to the broken store window it looks to be in excellent condition for what certainly is a pre-rifts item. it's filthy and a little faded but looks complete. Trash litters the convenience store floor and counter. Something else catches his eye; the remains of a dog. It looks as if it had been partially eaten. What is odd however is the condition of the remains. It has begun to decay visibly but there is almost no odor. The flesh and skin has settled onto the floor but no maggots or other typical signs of decay. It has a collar but no tags. There is a definite sense the dog carcas has been here a very long time.

Alays also casts around for useful items. Many things appear to be broken or in poor condition, but there are street lights, street signs even hydrants that seem to be whole more or less and worth good coin though some may take some time to procure. Alays ponders about other people living here. His sight glances across the tower in the distance. Something about it is disconcerting. It feels like something is there, as the Heroes glance at it.

For Ronith, Grant, Weiss and Ashynn the tower seems ominous and not a place to draw closer to. Looking at the map, if all things are equal or at least close, they will have to draw closer to the tower, but not directly to it.

Assuming the Heroes continue on, they approach the bridge quickly and unimpeded. Upon crossing the bridge Ashlynn happens to spot what looks like a human body laying in a doorway a hundred feet away. Even from a distance it looks dead. Much like the dog, it is certainly dead but in an odd state of decomposition.

The address is little more than a mile away at this point but the stillness is even more oppressive here. On the upside, as there are more building here which obstruct the view of the tower. Any opportunity to blot out the view of the tower is welcome. Now that you've drawn closer, it stretches many hundreds of feet high. The material used is hard to determine but it's dark and is utterly out of place for the surrounding. Looking further down what they guess is Bridge street, there appear to be more in distance to the south. Dozens at least.
User avatar
Virtus
Game Master
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Grant Latham » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:17 am

New Perception: 72% vs 1d100:
88

JIC: 1d20:
9
, 1d100 = 100

Constant Abilities
Character Sheet

  • Sense Ley Line: 79%
  • Sense Ley Line Nexus 89%
  • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 120mi
  • Sense Magic in Use: 800'
  • Immune to Possession
  • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
  • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
  • Base Spell Strength: 14
  • Spell Range doubled
  • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
  • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
  • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
Stats
  • M.D.C.: 90/90
  • I.S.P.: 47/78
  • P.P.E.: 548/610
  • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 35/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
Active Magic and Psionics
  • Energy Sphere (300/800 P.P.E.) Duration: 16/16 days
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.



Sense Magic in Use 800'
See Magical Energy: Line of sight (1000')
History: Pre Rifts 64% vs 1d100:
28
| Insight into what we are finding
Intelligence 67% vs 1d100:
9
| Any hidden meaning from the bodies
Land Navigation 102% vs 1d100:
22
| Stay on course
Navigation 106% vs 1d100:
38
| Use the map
Wilderness Survival 74% vs 1d100:
14
| Shelter if needed, compatible wilderness dangers
Appraise Goods 83% vs 5d100:
70, 13, 58, 15, 12
| Value of the items being examined


Grant is focused on his magical senses, but as members of his team pull out items from the debris, he examines them with a critical eye. He shares what he thinks they may be worth, but says, "Unless you can put it in your pocket or pack, I would leave it here where we can find it. However, I suspect that once we find the Professor, we will be in a hurry."

This place is supposed to be where dangerous magic is discarded, but we've seen little, Grant thinks. He verifies his sense by examine his other team members for the magical items he knows they carry. He also examines each building from the outside carefully for any sign of magic as they move down the streets. His gaze invariably returns to the tower and the sense of unease returns to the pit of his stomach.

When they come across the first body, he remarks, "No insect life, this place was probably a sterile environment outside of what people have brought to it." He looks to the others, "Any ideas of what may have killed this person?" Grant looks for obvious bullet holes or laser burns.

At the sight of multiple bodies along their path, Grant turns and looks towards Sir Ronith to see if he is reacting to any unseen danger. Sir Ronith usually has his swords out and flashing by the time I've noticed what he has.

The mage looks at the way the bodies are strewn across the street looking for a pattern. Have they all fallen in a particular direction, are they moving away from a particular building? he ponders. "It may be prudent to establish a marching order down this street, perhaps we should stay to the edge of the street near the buildings."
Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

Info
H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

Constant Special Abilities
• Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

Equipped Gear of Note
MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
User avatar
Grant Latham
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:14 am

Perception: 1d100:
42

JIC: 1d20:
12
and 1d100:
48


Current additonal items worn
Talisman of Armor of Ithan
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Armor of Ithan
  • Duration: 5 minutes
  • M.D.C.: 50 (1/2 damage from magical fire, cold, and lightning)
  • Charges: 3
Book Reference: p.150, BoM


Talisman of Sustain
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Sustain
  • Require no food, water, or breath, need only 2 hours of sleep/night. Can survive almost all environmental conditions
  • Duration: 5 days
  • Charges: 3
Book Reference: p.150, BoM


With so much around him, so familiar, Jack seems to fall quiet. No witty quips. No banter, no sharp comments. The strangeness of the surroundings has him feeling scared, lost and so much more alone than he is. Could this be home?! The thought vibrates through his body to his core. Could this be the what happened after I left? When I left? How I left? Jack is always so uneasy with so much uncertainty in his own mind about how he had actually come to be in his new life. His current surroundings seem to expand this uncertainty. He does his best to drown his emotions down.

Stay focused Jack, he tells himself over and over. Keeping up with his responsibilities he continues to mark their journey down so they can follow it out and drops route markers behind as they go.

When they come to the dead body he asks, "How can they be here so preserved but still so dead for obviously such a long time? Is this place in asome kind of time loop or lock?" Time loop, there has to be a better word. "Could we be out of sink with time?"

Jack continues to scrutinize his surroundings watching for traps or hidden stuff. When grant mentions to the group to be careful of what they pickup he nods in affirmation. His time in the wilderness taught him carrying unnecessary things only made life harder. Any time they spend pouring through the endless clutter of this place was more time they would have to be here. That was something Jack wished to limit.


Trail Blazing - 25% vs 1d100:
9
- Mark their trail along the way so they can follow back.
Cartography - 45% vs 1d100:
45
- Create a map of their route in case the trailblazing is flawed.
Land Navigation 60% vs 1d100:
13
- Track where they came from and where they are going.
Detect Ambush 45% vs 1d100:
69
- Watch for creatures that may attempt to attack
Detect Concealment 40% vs 1d100:
35
- Look for hidden things along the way.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Alays » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:18 am

Perception: 1d100:
47
/ 39%
JIC: 1d20:
14

JIC: 1d100:
11

Conditions: Sixth Sense, Dissociative identity disorder: Ivor=Orange, Lillian=Pink, Jessie=Purple


Knowing the group is non a time constant, Alays decides not to dig around further. He does keep an out out for anything quick and easy to swipe, with minimal effort. As they walk toward their destination, Alays can't help glancing over to the tower from time to time. Partially out of curiosity and then other part out of paranoia.

There's gotta be something over there. I mean why else would I have went with Posey and her crew the first time. Now, back in here with with other crew and looking for something different. I don't know what it is but something is off about this place.

Jack wrote:"How can they be here so preserved but still so dead for obviously such a long time? Is this place in asome kind of time loop or lock?" Time loop, there has to be a better word. "Could we be out of sink with time?"


"well, it doesn't really matter what you call it or what it is, for that matter. The only thing we need to know is where is our charge and how to get back. Once you break it down to that, everything else is just fluff. KISS. Keep it stupid simple. Beside, look on the bright side, if we die here at least our good looks will be preserved."

Alays laughs as he finishes. As the group approaches Bridge street, they can't but notice a dozen or so bodies. He readies his rifle, his gaze fixed in the bodies.

"Those bodies, either a trap or a warning. Could be both, too, but we should be cautious as we proceed further into streets. Can anyone tell if those bodies are alive or dead?"



Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics - 1d100:
61
41% - to find anything he can grab real quick.
Detect Ambush 1d100:
19
- 55%
Detect Concealment 1d100:
7
- 55% - to try and spot anything on the bodies. Trip wires, explosives, etc.
Last edited by Alays on Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Alays
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Weiss » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:52 pm

Perception: 50% 1d100:
19

JIC 1d100:
89
1d20:
10


Alays wrote:"There was a good mix of humans and D-bees. As for magic users, I only notice the one who entered the door. Then again, he did use a couple of trinkets from a bag. That's more than I can do. Well, maybe. I dunno. Never really tried."


"Did he leave with you?"Weiss asks, pondering whether they might have company already and possibly another source for getting home if something happened to Grant. Of course, with a mix of dbees and humans, that definitely sounds like we have another interested party for definite. "And are you able to contact them?"

As they cross the bridge, Weiss took a few moments to examine the structure, noting how old and the current state of it. He did not want to walk across something that was going to collapse.

"I know that this is not the most strategic place to stop," he explains to the others, "but if we take a few moments to examine the bridge, I might gain some clue as to whom exactly built it. The fact that a bridge is actually needed is strange considering this place is supposed to be a dump. Maybe they were dumping more than just objects.

OOC Comments
Detect Concealment 39% 1d100:
29

Mechanical Engineer 49% 1d100:
9



Virtus wrote:For Ronith, Grant, Weiss and Ashynn the tower seems ominous and not a place to draw closer to. Looking at the map, if all things are equal or at least close, they will have to draw closer to the tower, but not directly to it.


"Considering we heard that there was all this rogue magic here, anybody got the idea that its currently all situated at that tower?" Weiss looks up at the tower in the distance, a knot of trepidation in his stomach, "with any luck, I hope we get to avoid that place." just doubt we'll be that lucky.

Grant Latham wrote:When they come across the first body, he remarks, "No insect life, this place was probably a sterile environment outside of what people have brought to it." He looks to the others, "Any ideas of what may have killed this person?" Grant looks for obvious bullet holes or laser burns.


Jack McDermott wrote:When they come to the dead body he asks, "How can they be here so preserved but still so dead for obviously such a long time? Is this place in asome kind of time loop or lock?" Time loop, there has to be a better word. "Could we be out of sink with time?"


Weiss pokes and prods the body with the end of the barrel of his plasma rifle. This was definitely not a place he'd want to take Zac. His hackles raise as he looks around before taking a closer look at the body.

OOC Comments
First Aid 51% 1d100:
65
what state is the body in? are they alive and what killed them

"Well considering that we've seen rats and they haven't predated on this corpse," Weiss muses, looking over the body for signs of life, what they are wearing, injuries and even any weapons, "they must have one heck of a food source to be ignoring all this. All the stuff that makes a body rot when dead seems to be missing or at least unable to do anything to the corpses." Weiss checks his internal clock to see if it is still ticking over or has it stopped?

OOC Comments
Is Weiss' cybernetic clock still working?


Alays wrote:"Those bodies, either a trap or a warning. Could be both, too, but we should be cautious as we proceed further into streets. Can anyone tell if those bodies are alive or dead?"


Starting to wish I'd invested in an optics package. Then at least I could tell if they still had heat emanating from them.
"Not from here sadly," Weiss responds grimly, "don't have the gear for it, but you neglected one major possibility in your analysis. These people could have been attacked and whoever did it did not care enough to do anything about the bodies."
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ashlynn » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:25 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100:
42
(SUCCESS)
JIC: 1d20:
4

1d100:
64


Ashlynn notes the tower in the distance and shudders. What's that Hagbard used to say? 'Feels like someone walked over my grave.'

When Ash sees the human corpse, however, the oppressive atmosphere becomes too much. "Guys I don't like this place. I don't like the dead bodies and I don't like the ominous tower and I don't like the GORBAGE everywhere and I don't like the ominous birds and scuttling rats and giant worm-things." Taking a different tack than the rest who are trying to discover how he died, Ash uses her keen insight to try and determine who he or she was.

Eyeball a Fella 74% 1d100:
26
(specifically, rich or poor, blue collar or white collar, what part of the country they come from, if they are an artist/skilled labor/management, etc. - SUCCESS)
I.D. Undercover Agent 68% 1d100:
11
(was he or she a merc, an explorer, etc. - SUCCESS)
Salvage 50% 1d100:
27
(what type of gear did he or she have - any info on him as to why he or she was here - a map, instructions, orders, etc. - SUCCESS)

Having discerned what she can, she shudders involuntarily and moves on.

When she sees the dozens of corpses to the south, something snaps. She starts giggling. "heheheheheh... this place is a nightmare. Which of you is having a nightmare we're all stuck in? Grant..." She eyes him suspiciously, a glint of humor in her eyes, "Is it you? Is this your nightmare?"

She giggles again, and periodically snickers as they walk.
Last edited by Ashlynn on Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 15/45
S.D.C.: 26/68


Bushman Trooper EBA (borrowed from Weiss)
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50/50
  • Arms: 32/32 each
  • Legs: 57/57 each
  • Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Jack McDermott » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:33 am

Jack McDermott wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100:
42

JIC: Original post: 1d20:
12
and Original post: 1d100:
48


Current additonal items worn
Talisman of Armor of Ithan
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Armor of Ithan
  • Duration: 5 minutes
  • M.D.C.: 50 (1/2 damage from magical fire, cold, and lightning)
  • Charges: 3
Book Reference: p.150, BoM


Talisman of Sustain
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Sustain
  • Require no food, water, or breath, need only 2 hours of sleep/night. Can survive almost all environmental conditions
  • Duration: 5 days
  • Charges: 3
Book Reference: p.150, BoM

Alays wrote:"well, it doesn't really matter what you call it or what it is, for that matter. The only thing we need to know is where is our charge and how to get back. Once you break it down to that, everything else is just fluff. KISS. Keep it stupid simple. Beside, look on the bright side, if we die here at least our good looks will be preserved."

Jack listens to Alays response and nods, "You got a good point there. More questions will only serve to keep us here longer. Besides, if we preserved this beuty it would only draw more tourists to this god forsaken place. I wouldn't want to be the main attraction. Jack says with a wave of showing along the side of his helmet.
Alays wrote:"Those bodies, either a trap or a warning. Could be both, too, but we should be cautious as we proceed further into streets. Can anyone tell if those bodies are alive or dead?"

Jack shoulders his bow temporarily and pulls his rifle up to his shoulder to look through the scope at the bodies in the distance. He flips between the FLIR Thermal-Imaging setting and the telescopic zoom to see if he can pick up and heat on the bodies and looks for any details they can't yet see. Zombies? Maybe? Stranger things have happened. he thinks to himself while looking. As a survivalist he knows how to make a trap or two, he looks for any telltale signs of things he has used in the past or knows of.

Track & Trap Animals 45%/55% vs 1d100:
32
- Identify possible traps.
Detect Ambush 45% vs 1d100:
4
- looking specifically in the distance.
Detect Concealment 40% vs 1d100:
43
- looking specifically in the distance.

"Well, what is dead but undead? If they move aim for the heads. I saw it in a movie once. he says out loud with a slight chuckle.

Ashlynn wrote:When Ash sees the human corpse, however, the oppressive atmosphere becomes too much. "Guys I don't like this place. I don't like the dead bodies and I don't like the ominous tower and I don't like the GORBAGE everywhere and I don't like the ominous birds and scuttling rats and giant worm-things."

Sensing the tension in Ashlynn's voice Jack says to her through the helmet speaker "I do not like them Sam I am. I will not eat green eggs and ham. He winks at her playfully then remembers his helmet is on and she probably can't see his face. "Just in case you can't see, I'm winking at you. he finishes with a chuckle.
[H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 59/59
Perception: 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

Character Sheet
Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death: +10%
  • Magic (varies):
  • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
  • Insanity (12+): +1
  • Psionics (varies): +1
  • Horror Factor (varies):

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Expert
  • Number of Attacks: 5
  • Initiative Bonus: +1
  • Strike Bonus: +3
  • Parry Bonus: +5
  • Dodge Bonus: +5
  • HTH Damage Bonus:
  • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
  • Bonus to Disarm:
  • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Head/Helmet - 50/50
  • Arms -30 /30
  • Legs - 40/40
  • Main Body -60 /60
User avatar
Jack McDermott
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Ronith » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:50 pm

JIC: 1d20:
5
, 1d100:
60

PER: 1d100:
94
vs. 66% (+15% hearing)
Conditions
[list][*]Sustain | BOM 109 | 24 days | Provides air, food, water, and only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Paramedic- 1d100:
50
vs. 111%
Anything he can learn about the bodies' causes of death, etc.
Intelligence- 1d100:
69
vs. 96%
Trying to discern any patterns to the bodies, e.g., did they all die in line of sight with the tower

As the team moves through the ruins, Ronith remains largely silent. His cyber-knight training left him with some sense of wonder at the marvels left behind by humanity's golden age, and it is in this spirit that he gazes upon the wreckage around them. At the same time, he finds his gaze continuously drawn to the tower before them- the sense of foreboding it prompts warring with his curiosity at what else lies around them.

Weiss wrote:"I know that this is not the most strategic place to stop," he explains to the others, "but if we take a few moments to examine the bridge, I might gain some clue as to whom exactly built it. The fact that a bridge is actually needed is strange considering this place is supposed to be a dump. Maybe they were dumping more than just objects.
"As you wish, but try to move quickly. I dislike this place- the sooner we are gone from it, the better."

Such abstract (or at least ill-defined) concerns are submerged when Ronith first catches sight of a body. He initially brings the team up short, his arm raised in caution, before realizing that there is unlikely to be any immediate danger and waving the others forward. Ronith himself will proceed straight to the body and examine it (without touching anything) to see if there's anything he can learn. His medical skills are rudimentary, however, and given the amount of time that appears to have passed Ronith is aware that he probably won't get much out of the examination. With that in mind, he won't push his luck by keeping the team in place for a more thorough inspection, leading the others further on.

The tension in Ronith's shoulders will ease slightly as he has more opportunities to get out of sight of the tower. What the Hel is it with that thing?
Grant Latham wrote:"No insect life, this place was probably a sterile environment outside of what people have brought to it."
Ronith grunts. "Or it was sterilized."

Grant Latham wrote: "It may be prudent to establish a marching order down this street, perhaps we should stay to the edge of the street near the buildings."
Ronith nods. "Always a prudent suggestion. We stay single file- I take the lead. Alays, you are behind me, followed by Jack, then Weiss, then Grant, Ashlynn, and Barracuda at the rear. Everyone, keep an eye on that tower- if it starts doing anything unusual, we find the thickest cover we can and hit the dirt. Check your environmental seals before going further, too." Ronith will do as he instructed the others and run a quick check of his borrowed armor.

Once the team is ready, Ronith will lead them forward again.
I am better than you. You just don't know it.
Always active- Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible
+12 vs. Magic, 11 vs. HF, 8 vs. Psi
Status
ISP- 50/66; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 86/86; EBA destroyed
Talismans: AoI (0/3); Invulnerability (0/3); Cleanse (2/3)

Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +1 dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
User avatar
Ronith
Group Leader
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

Re: Beyond Broken Door

Postby Barracuda » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:21 pm

Perception: 1d100:
74
/43% (58% underwater)
JIC: 1d20:
6
/1d100:
4


Ben grabs the Coke clock off of the wall and wipes the dust from it. Now THIS is what I'm talking about! He slides it into his backpack and that's when he notices the dog. "Poor little guy. Wait, what the hell happened to your skin?" That's not how decomposing looks. I should know from all the whales back home. Ben steps out of the convenience store and heads back to the group. "Things don't decompose right here. This place is real weird." He sees the rest of the group looking at a dead body. "Oh. You figured that out already."

Barracuda gets in the rear of the marching order and keeps an eye out for trouble. Especially anything coming from the tower.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

PreviousNext

Return to H4H Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests