[GR] Janus Prison; The Pit.

The Phase World/Three Galaxies Archives

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

[GR] Janus Prison; The Pit.

Postby Consumer » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:11 am

A Hard Days Night!

The last few weeks have been rough. Gloom's break from the Splugorth came at a drastic and unexpected cost imprisonment. Ironically, it did get him away from the Splugorth, though how far away remains to be seen. It's strange because Gloom thought he was almost free, he didn't even see the blow that took his consciousness, nor has he ever heard of someone being able to knock out a Maxi-Killer either, but here he sits. The cell he sits in is one of a few hundred that circle the ring he's on, from a vantage point near the bars, he can see that there are a dozen of so levels or rings, both above and below him. The bars are designed to take the kind of beating that would wreck starships and attempts to brute force through them only are met with swift retaliation from the guards. Not that Gloom has noticed much in the way of attempted escapes, seeing as he's only been a resident of his cell for forty-eight hours. He spent the majority of the last few weeks in transit to where ever he currently is. Gloom considers it might be a space station or an asteroid base due to the lack of gravity.

Gloom isn't alone though. In his cell is a squat little bulbous headed alien with large black eyes. A device has been affixed to his bulbous head that Gloom could only guess is some manner of inhibitor. He only can guess as he has one as well, and unlike the smaller aliens typical prison jumpsuit, Gloom has a restraint affixed over his chest amalgamate, keeping it secured and unable to lash out.

The Alien seems to spend most of it's day sleeping floating in it's small berth. On the second day he finally talked to the Kitiani Maxi-killer. "I'm Yanath, what are you in for?" The alien asks in a nasally sounding voice.

GM Note: this thread is not in sync with the normal Galactic Rogue Thread. ~Consumer
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Re: [GR] Janus Prison; The Pit.

Postby Glom'nali'rafik » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:58 am

Perception: 1d100:
/41%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
/ 1d100:

Well, this certainly isn't the freedom I had been looking for. They haven't even told me why I'm being held prisoner. And in zero-g? That's just primitive. Whoever these people are, I think killing them will be a goal once I get free of this place. Maybe blow up this rock while I'm on the way out. Gloom has been over the cell, examining it top to bottom in the time since I he was put in it. Deciding that escaping will take some patience and learning guard routines, he does what he can to relax with his enhanced metabolism. Only so many days to live and wasting some like this. Isn't that wonderful.

Well, maybe you should have put more thought into your exit strategy. I mean did you really think it would be that easy to walk out? If I wasn't stuck with you, you'd be lost. But hey, you are away from the Splurgoth, so you got that right at least. I'm sure something will turn up. Hopefully when it does you can capitalize on it. I promise, I'll help with the thinking part of it, maybe this time we won't end up in a bad spot.

Yanath wrote:The Alien seems to spend most of it's day sleeping floating in it's small berth. On the second day he finally talked to the Kitiani Maxi-killer. "I'm Yanath, what are you in for?" The alien asks in a nasally sounding voice.

Looking over the small alien, Gloom gives him a dour look, "That is a good question. No one bothered to tell me what I am in for. I just got attacked and ended up here. I suppose it could be people upset with my live of work, but I have no idea how they would have found me in the manner in which I was taken. I'm Gloom by the way. What are you in for Yanath?" Can't say I really care but if I have to live in a cell with this guy, might as well be sociable for now. I can always snap his neck later if I need to."

You ask me the little guy is probably a mass murderer. Ohhh, or maybe a child slaver. He kind of has that look. If he is a mind rapist, please, do us both a favor and kill him in his sleep.
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Gloom

This is the voice inside my head.

M.D.C. 330/330 Absurr Life Node 300/300
I.S.P. 82
P.P.E. 25

Armor:
NE-BA-40 Medium Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by loacation
  • Head: 70
  • Arms: 40 each
  • Legs: 60 each
  • Main Body: 100

Grafted Armor
120 M.D.C.

Weapons:
NE-RV-04 Ripper Vibro-Sword

Constant Effects:
Can parry or dodge all attacks even from surprise or behind, Perfect 20/20 vision, Nightvision 600', Telescopic vision 6000', Magnification to the 300th power, See Aura 60', See the Invisible 120' , Sense Magic 120' ., See P.P.E. Energy, Impervious to poisons, drugs, and gases, Impervious to disease, Impervious to mind control and empathic transmission,

Current Effects/Conditions
Glom'nali'rafik

Postby Consumer » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:33 am

Glom'nali'rafik wrote: "That is a good question. No one bothered to tell me what I am in for. I just got attacked and ended up here. I suppose it could be people upset with my live of work, but I have no idea how they would have found me in the manner in which I was taken. I'm Gloom by the way. What are you in for Yanath?"]

Yanath nods his bulbous head. "Not the first time I've heard that story, probably not the last. as for why I'm in here... That's not very complicated, I'm a murderer, well accidental murderer. I worked for a company working on Interstellar communications and an unforeseen glitch in the product ended up it over twenty dead people in the end. The company threw me under the bus, a show trial later and here I am to spend the rest of my life." Yanath says in a unapologetic tone.

"You'll get used to it, pretty quiet most days. But they do occasionally give us stuff to do, like books or vids and what not." Yanath says with the voice of a man who's been in the place for a while.

"So what did you do in the world?" Yannath asks.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Glom'nali'rafik » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:32 am

/41%

/ 1d100:

How would you describe what we do for a living? Playing god? Profiting from the death of the innocent? Being a mass murderer? So many options to chose from. Could even be called a terrorist. Choices choices choices.

That isn't helpful. And anyway, I'm pretty sure that no one I killed was innocent. At least not totally. Death may have been a harsh sentence for whatever they did, but life's a bitch. What has gotten into you anyway, we escaped didn't we, you should be happier now.

No, you escaped. I'm still stuck here. And you should probably respond to him before he starts to think you are ignoring him. Just because we might kill him doesn't mean we should be rude.

Gloom glances at Yanath, "I was a troubleshooter and liquidator. I made problems go away permanently. It paid the bills. I had just decided to go freelance when I was kidnapped. Rather shitty timing if you ask me. Then again, gives me some motivation to get out of here. At some point anyway. Oh, do they feed us well? I have a pretty high metabolism, takes a lot of food to keep me running."

Gloom paces around the cell, looking to see if he can find an electronic keypad or anything similar near the door. If he can he will use telemechanics (-10 isp) on it to see if he can get any useful information off of it, like how to open the cell door, or at least the access codes to it.

You really think you're going to break us out of here? You probably aren't the first psychic they have had here you know. At least you're trying, I'll give you a b for the effort.

You know, you really could try and be more helpful. It would not kill you to do that once in a while.

No, but it wouldn't be anywhere near as fun. I'm in this for the amusement factor remember?

Gloom

I.S.P. 82
P.P.E. 25

Armor:
M.D.C. by loacation

Grafted Armor
120 M.D.C.

Weapons:

Constant Effects:
Can parry or dodge all attacks even from surprise or behind, Perfect 20/20 vision, Nightvision 600', Telescopic vision 6000', Magnification to the 300th power, See Aura 60', See the Invisible 120' , Sense Magic 120' ., See P.P.E. Energy, Impervious to poisons, drugs, and gases, Impervious to disease, Impervious to mind control and empathic transmission,

Glom'nali'rafik

Postby Consumer » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:08 am

Glom'nali'rafik wrote:"I was a troubleshooter and liquidator. I made problems go away permanently. It paid the bills. I had just decided to go freelance when I was kidnapped. Rather shitty timing if you ask me. Then again, gives me some motivation to get out of here. At some point anyway. Oh, do they feed us well? I have a pretty high metabolism, takes a lot of food to keep me running."

Yanath nods his bulbous head. "Sounds like an exciting lifestyle. As far as food, we're given supplements, that I guess are enough to keep us alive." Yanath says from his floating spot.

After Gloom's pacing and thinking, he tries to mentally link with the cell bars to see if he can find an easy way out. Almost as soon as he opens his mind to the machine, he begins to suffer an excruciating burst of pain in his skull. it starts from the base of his skull and becomes blinding pain behind his right eye. The whole situation makes any type of concentration impossible.

Several minutes pass before Gloom can think properly again. Yanath seems to be patiently waiting for Glooms pain to recede. "They have a Noro made Neural inhibitor attached to the back of your head. I would have warned you, but to be honest I thought it was for your symbiotes. Keeps Psychics like us from using our powers without excruciating pain." Yanath says. Even in Gloom's likely irritated state, he can hear the compassion in the small alien's voice.

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Glom'nali'rafik » Mon May 06, 2019 5:47 am

/41%
/ 1d100:

You damned idiot. Are you trying to kill us? It is a prison, did you really think they wouldn't inhibit your powers as best they could? If you are done with dumb ideas I suggest we take a bit and think things through a whole lot better. Quit being so damned impatient. Or is that asking to much out of you>?

You know, I really could do without the attitude. I'd considered the possibility of an inhibitor, didn't think it was that likely. I'm allowed to be wrong once in a while. Anyway, I don't hear you coming up with any brilliant ideas to get us out of here. Or is that asking to much out of you?

Oh, I see what you did there. I might be amused at some point about it. And considering we have basically just gotten here, I am waiting to come up with a plan to save us. Without more information it hardly seems reasonable to come up with a plan. Although as long as you do not try to fry our brain again I suppose you might as well try whatever you can

Great. So damn helpful. I'm going to work on a way to get us out. I really don't think you're going to be all that helpful. Again.

Yanath wrote:"They have a Noro made Neural inhibitor attached to the back of your head. I would have warned you, but to be honest I thought it was for your symbiotes. Keeps Psychics like us from using our powers without excruciating pain." Yanath says.

"That would have been great to know beforehand. This place just keeps getting better and better." Gloom doesn't sound the happiest, although a good part of that is probably the residual pain. "Ever hear of anyone getting out or escaping? I really don't want to spend what's left of my life stuck in this shithole." He looks at Yanath, trying to gauge how the little alien reacts to what he says.

Gloom

I.S.P. 82
P.P.E. 25

Armor:
M.D.C. by loacation

Grafted Armor
120 M.D.C.

Weapons:

Constant Effects:

Glom'nali'rafik

Postby Consumer » Mon May 06, 2019 4:19 pm

Glom'nali'rafik wrote:"That would have been great to know beforehand. This place just keeps getting better and better." Gloom doesn't sound the happiest, although a good part of that is probably the residual pain. "Ever hear of anyone getting out or escaping? I really don't want to spend what's left of my life stuck in this shithole." He looks at Yanath, trying to gauge how the little alien reacts to what he says.

Yanath hold his hands in a gesture of apology. "Me personally. No, never heard of anyone escaping. but given were on some rock of an asteroid, who knows where, I can't see any way to escape that gets one anywhere but dead." The large headed alien says a bit morosely.

Gloom is thinking of likely his next response, when something inexplicable happens, the lights go out plunging the entire cell block in absolute darkness. This causes a cacophony of yells and noises, before the emergency lights kick on. a dull red light bathing the cell block. Yanath for the most part looks confused. "That's new." he says quizzically.

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Return to Dead Planets