First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:23 pm

Perception 59%: 1d100 = 100
JIC d20: 1d20 = 19
JIC d100: 1d100 = 48

Charm/Impress 20%: EP Critical Success
Invoke Trust 65%: 1d100 = 45

Dragonese 84%: 1d100 = 93

"HEY THERE! Fi stop shooting this fool!" Kat takes several bounding steps after the dragon and speaks to him in his own language. " I'm not getting in your way Mr. Big and Scaly, but we got our own business to handle with the assholes in this mine. Namely freeing at least some of the slaves and recovering a stolen piece of magical mining equipment. Maybe if we can set some boundaries of action, we can work together, eh? You don't eat the slaves until we pick some specific ones we're paid to rescue out, or even let us take all the ones still standing if you know, you aren't hungry or in the mood to smash tiny life forms for no good reason. And you don't smash our magic miner. You get to keep whatever they stole, and we split the rest of the loot down the middle? Half for you, half for us. I swear on the Twelve Divines to keep my side to the deal if you keep your side. Whaddya say?"
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:37 am

Perception: 1d100 = 12
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 84

I didn’t know dragons HAD ‘masters.’ Is this Ilyncryth a god?

Over coms, Susan notes, “Dragons keep most of their hoards in secret pocket dimensions. If the leader of our targets was able to actually steal from this one’s hoard we may well need it’s help dealing with them.”

Then Susan casualty walks over to where the dragon had pinned Kat looking for potential dragon dna samples.
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:11 pm

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 33
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 94

Townsend wrote:”I had been informed by my master, Ilynncryth, that a small band of people are controlling a sizeable force of slaves and have broken into my inner sanctum. I come to investigate and find a small band of people in a field that has obviously been used by a sizeable force of people, most likely slaves…” the dragon says, trailing off at the end of his sentence. Turning its head back to Jez in the Titan Robot, it says ”If you have nothing more of interest to say to me, then it is clear that I must go kill some intruders. Good day!” The dragon turns toward one of the ventilation shafts and begins walking away.


Jez's mind reels at the sudden remembrance of a bizarre setting, a grotesque being comprised of mostly tentacles, and a certain agreement she had accepted & blown off ever since. Sonofabitch. Small multi-verse, eh, scaly? Jez pipes up over the TR's loudspeaker, "I, too, serve Ilynncryth as well as myself. He owed me a great debt, and I in turned owed him a small one. So you see, Dragon, we might actually be allies as we serve the same master. We've already killed a number of these scum, but we're not negotiating for the lives of the slaves. Why not coordinate our efforts? You can provide aerial reconnaissance and some nominal air support, and we can squash these insects for you. You take back your property, we take theirs, and we escort anyone who's been brought to your territory against their will safely out so they don't trouble you. Unless you have a better proposition?" (Invoke Trust: 88% / 1d100 = 90)

Jez observes Cordelia's utterly unprofessional behavior once more and grimaces. She radios Fiona on a closed channel, "Fi, put a frakking stop to that bitch's mewling, or so help me, I'll feed her to the dragon."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Fiona » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 24/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 40
Conditions: None, Sixth Sense (Inactive)
I.S.P.: 148/72
T-11 Armor: Leg (R): 80/77, Leg (L): 80/77



Fi stops shooting the dragon who doesn't even seem to care. Gods forbid if we had to fight him. Fi thinks as Kat is yelling at her. Fiona holsters her small laser pistol as Jezebel begins to radio her. Man what a bitch. Maybe hardass soldier girl likes to fight dragons, but Cordelia is not even close to a soldier. Fi thinks as she makes her way over to Cordelia. "Hey are you okay? That was intense." Fiona says with a soft kindness in her voice. "Oh sorry to see your camera got ruined. We should be able to replace it once we're done with our mission." Fiona says as she puts a comforting arm around Cordelia.

"Let's let Jez and Kat talk. I'm not getting any closer to the lizard than I have to." Fiona says, making sure to give Cordelia the impression that the Dragon scares her too.
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Image
Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 85
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d100 = 40

Cordelia looks with a grimace at her backpack. It is lightly armored but scorched non the less. She doesnt open it. Best to not look now. She seems to have lost the satchel of explosives she picked up off the dead dwarf somewhere in the run for her life. Probably for the best

Fiona says
Fi thinks as she makes her way over to Cordelia. "Hey are you okay? That was intense." Fiona says with a soft kindness in her voice. "Oh sorry to see your camera got ruined. We should be able to replace it once we're done with our mission." Fiona says as she puts a comforting arm around Cordelia.

"Let's let Jez and Kat talk. I'm not getting any closer to the lizard than I have to." Fiona says, making sure to give Cordelia the impression that the Dragon scares her too.

She looks down at Fiona and smiles. Cordelia is almost a foot taller, But Fiona for her size seems to be not scared at all. Time to get it together
"Thank you. Sorry if I lost it for a minute there. The thought of being incinerated and eaten by ten tons of magic reptile kinda got me. But I swear I'm better now."
Image

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:52 pm

Townsend wrote:
    Date: Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
    Time: 1:31 pm
    Temp: 48 degrees F
    Weather: Sunlight is beginning to come out more, raising the ambient temperature.
    Ley Line info: Nearest known ley line is 85 miles west in MercTown
    Location: Dawson Springs/mine near Dawson Springs


Cordelia’s heart is racing a mile a minute upon seeing the a dragon for the first time, her brain is overloaded with fear at first, but once Jez and Kat start talking to it, she realizes that there is a chance she’ll live to see another day. With all the excitement, she realizes that she needs to be taking pictures of it, but when she goes to grab her camera, she notices that it was affected by the fire. Her emotions are overloaded still, and this is just too much to bear and she begins to cry, thinking of all the pictures she’s already taken and have lost when a stray thought enters her mind that the memory card may still be usable. She feels a small amount of relief at the fact that at least those are still safe.

Kat shouts at Fi to stop shooting before trying to speak with the dragon in it’s own language, and it replies with ”What manner of presumptuous mortal are you to command me to eat the slaves? Just to slight you, I won’t give them the dignity of being eaten by me! And why would I need to use a slave to dig a hole with magic when I could do it faster and more efficiently? And what sort of sacrilegious comment was that about tearing treasure into pieces? I would never do something like that unless it was cursed!”

The dragon now looks to Susan who asks if Ilynncryth is a god, to which it says ”Ilynncryth is a Splugorth, therefore is greater than any mere god! Gods are vain creatures who require the love and worship of mortals for their power whereas the Splugorth are true Cosmic Beings! They are destined to be the true rulers of the Megaverse!”

Jez declares to the dragon that she too serves Ilynncryth, chuffs as it is both amused and unimpressed all at once that such a creature could impress the Splugorth enough it owed her a great debt before solemnly saying ”The debt you owe may be greater than you realize.”

Fiona puts her gun away as she goes over to Cordelia to check on her and calm her down.

Butcher's Bill:
Kat (Force Field): -14 MDC
Analoy (Armor of Ithan): -(25/2) MDC = -13 MDC
Cordelia: -25 MDC
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
Image
"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:05 am

Perception 59%: 1d100 = 89
JIC d20: 1d20 = 17
JIC d100: 1d100 = 24

Appraise Goods 78%: 1d100 = 64
Advanced Math 83%: 1d100 = 8

Hmmm. Pretty sure that came out wrong. Did I try to order him to eat all the slaves? Oh well. It sounds like I'll get my wanted results. "Good enough for me."

Then Kat's partner mentions her affiliation with what is apparently a Splugorth. One who commands dragons instead of tentacled monsters, blind bitches, and refugees from the Planet of the Apes. Kat sticks a pin in that thought. Later.


"Forgive the interruption, Mister Big and Scaly. Have fun down there. May we help?"

A dark corner in the back of Kat's subconscious mind is trying to calculate how many liters of blood are in a dragon, and what the market price for a liter is. In case the unthinkable should happen and the dragon dies down in that hole.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Analoy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:25 pm

Percep 55%: 1d100 = 78
JIC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 38

Language: Dragonese/Elven 104%=1d100 = 78

Conditions:
Heart with Tiny Wings: Run at Superhuman Speed, 58.25/180 min duration, 80 mph (292 ft/action), Leap 20' high & 30' long from a 30mph running start, +2 dmg from HTH attacks, +1 Dodge
Armor of Ithan: 60/47 MDC


Analoy moves back once Kat is released and forms up near Fiona and Cordelia, just in case this go south again. Best I stay close to these two. If that dragon decides we're the enemy again, I can give these two some cover and the squishies may last through the fight. But is sounds more like we're ants that aren't worth the trouble to talk to anymore.

When the Jez and Kat start trying to turn the dragon to help there mission, Analoy figures she'd better just stay out of that talk until the bosses are done. Instead she turns to Fiona and Cordelia, "You two still frosty? This is a weird mess we've gotten ourselves into but with some luck, things might just go our way still." She gives the two a reassuring smile as she listen ti the bosses and the dragon speak.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/202
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 87

Cordelia has begun to get her composure. A little solidarity helps her bravery. "Thanks Analoy, get this girl power thing going." She pauses and lowers her voice "But seriously, can we trust a dragon. If he serves the Splurgoth, They are bad customers. I have heard of some of the wicked things they do to people. "
Cordelia looks at the Dragon.


Image

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:38 am

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 76

Dragon wrote:”The debt you owe may be greater than you realize.”

Jez's TR-004 seems to shrug its shoulders as her synthetically amplified voice booms out. "Eh, perhaps. I'm not too worried about it. Truth be told, dragon, I'd forgotten all about that episode until your name brought back the memory. Myself and some others did him a real solid, but the favor he gave us...not much of a favor. He snatched us up to his home dimension for some face time then thinks we owe him for putting us back where we came from? Sounds an awful lot like a bullshit favor to me. Sounds more like a petty gangster's behavior for frak's sake. I got the serious impression that he was on the outs and working in the shadows while a competitor of his was kicking ass and doing great." The robot shrugs once more, "but that's just what my gut tells me." Jez eyeballs the terrain and considers what they've learned. "Tell you what, dragon. You go ahead and take this tunnel entrance, we'll find another way in. We'll route out these intruding slavers together. You get the pleasure of getting rid of these trespassers, we get the pleasure of fulfilling our contract and liberating the slaves And to top things off, we'll haul away all their junk for you. Whatcha say?"
Invoke Trust: 88% / 1d100 = 23 (aid in persuasion)
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Fiona » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:48 am

Perception: 1d100 = 20/32%
Just in case: 1d20 = 6; 1d100 = 32
Conditions: Sixth Sense.

Analoy wrote:"You two still frosty? This is a weird mess we've gotten ourselves into but with some luck, things might just go our way still." She gives the two a reassuring smile as she listen ti the bosses and the dragon speak.


Fi shrugs. "Definitively one of my stranger days, likely the strangest yet. Yeah, I'm okay though, Dragon doesn't seem to want to eat us and not like we did any damage to it anyways. Not sure if we're being paid enough for this job if a Dragon is involved." Fiona says quietly.

Cordelia wrote:"But seriously, can we trust a dragon. If he serves the Splurgoth, They are bad customers. I have heard of some of the wicked things they do to people. "


Fi shakes her head. "I read somewhere once, 'Never make a deal with a Dragon'. Seemed like sound advice when I read it." Fiona says with a pause. "Any Idea what they're talking about? Don't have a translator to understand it's language." Fi asks quizzically.
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Image
Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 6
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 76

Susan walks over to stand with Fiona and the others.

"One of the rulers of Lazlo is a dragon. He is known for his honesty in deals as well as his wisdom. Why wouldn't you make a deal with a dragon?"
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:18 pm

Townsend wrote:
    Date: Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
    Time: 1:32 pm
    Temp: 48 degrees F
    Weather: Sunlight is beginning to come out more, raising the ambient temperature.
    Ley Line info: Nearest known ley line is 85 miles west in MercTown
    Location: Dawson Springs/mine near Dawson Springs


When Cordelia asks the question about being able to trust the dragon, it huffs and says "You can trust a dragon as much as you can trust a human, be that as it may!"

Jezebel wrote:"Tell you what, dragon. You go ahead and take this tunnel entrance, we'll find another way in. We'll route out these intruding slavers together. You get the pleasure of getting rid of these trespassers, we get the pleasure of fulfilling our contract and liberating the slaves And to top things off, we'll haul away all their junk for you. Whatcha say?"


The dragon ponders this for a moment until it says "Deal!" and leaps into the air toward the mine entrance, shrinking in size very rapidly until you realize that the dragon is changing it's size to become smaller as it flies away. As it flies into the pit that the mine entrance is in, you see a dwarf being flown around by some unseen force drop strait down into one of the vertical air shafts.

Butcher's Bill:
Kat (Force Field): -14 MDC
Analoy (Armor of Ithan): -(25/2) MDC = -13 MDC
Cordelia: -25 MDC

Because it seems that entering the mines is now imminent, please post your marching order.
Attachments
Mine interior.jpg
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
Image
"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:03 am

Perception: 1d100 = 48
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 21


Cordelia's jaw drops wide open.
"Did that dragon just turn into a dwarf?" Or was it a dwarf turned into a dragon? She shakes it off.

She then turns to Fiona and translates. "Boss lady just struck a deal with the dragon. He gets the intruders and we get the prisoners. But I think since he just went in we should hurry. He may just kick ass without taking names."
She looks to the other girls for guidance. She knows what Indiana Jones would do but shes more short round at the moment. She tries to psych herself up.Time to do the right thing.



Image

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Fiona » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 60/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 13; 1d100 = 35
Conditions: None, Sixth Sense (Inactive)
I.S.P.: 148/72
T-11 Armor: Leg (R): 80/77, Leg (L): 80/77



Fiona watches the exchange between the Dragon and the others, wincing when the creature answers Cordeilia's question. Yeah, I don't think we're being paid enough for this job. Fiona thinks as she slowly follows the others to wherever they may be going. Mind control, Crazy dwarves with special abilities, a fucking dragon... yeah, this wasn't a well researched operation. Fiona thinks morosely.
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.
Image
Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
User avatar
Fiona
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Location: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Member

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:48 am

Perception: 1d100 = 58 / 26%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 7

Susan looks at where the flying dwarf dropped down into the mine.

"It seems as if going directly after the air-mage is desirable and likely his associates may be near him. Perhaps after some explosives or... the things that blind people. Whatever those are. Most of our opposition does not appear to have helmets or eye protection."

She then waits for orders. Fidgeting.
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:53 pm

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 40
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 64
Detect Ambush ☞ 80% / 1d100 = 30 (to determine which entrance is least likely to be guarded/trapped)
Trap/Mine Detection ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 53 (to determine which entrance is least likely to be guarded/trapped)
Detect Concealment ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 46 (to determine which entrance is least likely to be guarded/trapped)
Prowl ☞ 85% / 1d100 = 70 (to sneak inside the best alternative entrance)

GM wrote:The dragon ponders this for a moment until it says "Deal!" and leaps into the air toward the mine entrance, shrinking in size very rapidly until you realize that the dragon is changing it's size to become smaller as it flies away. As it flies into the pit that the mine entrance is in, you see a dwarf being flown around by some unseen force drop strait down into one of the vertical air shafts.

Jez reviews the maps & intel in the comfort of her TR's cabin, then radios the GIRLS. "Okay, let's move, ladies. I don't think it's gonna be wise to follow a dragon down a hole. Let's make our way to another entrance and infiltrate this complex with haste. Let's relocate the vehicles so they're not easy targets here again."

Jez will lead the group to the best location as determined by her instincts and read of the intelligence (skill checks noted above) unless Kat's own seems to be better. She'll then secure the hatch, and make sure the TR is powered down as well as secured before dismounting and merging with her Naruni rifle. That done, she'll lead them to the entrance, and then do her best to sneak inside.



NE-95 "Double Threat" Assault Rifle: 20/16
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:02 pm

Perception 59%: 1d100 = 95
JIC d20: 1d20 = 9
JIC d100: 1d100 = 37

Kat utters a quiet prayer to each of the twelve divines before following Jez.

If someone mentions the flying dwarf Kat says "Damn. Told you all the warlock was up here somewhere. We should follow him. The dragon will be a fine distraction so they'll be dealing with him and not watching their six."
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 70
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 77

Cordelia immediately hops in line behind her bosses. I aint going first She readies her side arm. "lead on boss." She tries to hide her nervousness.

Image

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:38 pm

Townsend wrote:
    Date: Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
    Time: 1:36 pm
    Temp: 48 degrees F
    Weather: Sunlight is beginning to come out more, raising the ambient temperature.
    Ley Line info: Nearest known ley line is 85 miles west in MercTown
    Location: Dawson Springs/mine near Dawson Springs


Uncertain as to what should be done next, Cordelia looks around at the others. Fiona and Analoy are both silent while Susan quips up and makes a suggestion regarding the dwarven air warlock that they temporarily had in custody a little while ago before fidgeting around, to which Kat replies. The Titan Robot Vehicle is still and silent as Jez reviews the map and intel they have before speaking over the radio, issuing orders. With that, the group heads for the mine pit where the entrance is located. She parks her towering war machine behind a rocky outcropping on the other side of where the TW Zone Ranger is, kneeling it down so that it is not visible from the mine pit or where the Zone Ranger itself is parked. As Jez leads them down into the mine pit, Kat utters a quiet prayer.

At the entrance to the mine, they line up with Jez in the lead, followed by Cordelia, no doubt wanting a great view point of all of the action while not wanting to be the first target made available. After Cordelia comes Fiona, then Susan, who is then followed by Kat, with Analoy bringing up the rear. Jez goes in as cautiously as she can, and can make out the distinct sounds of screaming coming from somewhere deeper within the mine itself. A group of four humans, three males and one female between the ages of 18 to 45 are carrying a body of a young girl and drop her on the ground next to two other human bodies who are laying in such a way that you can’t make out their general age or gender.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:

Kat (Force Field): -14 MDC
Analoy (Armor of Ithan): -(25/2) MDC = -13 MDC
Cordelia: -25 MDC

Since I only got input from two people concerning marching order, I tried to place the remaining people as logically as I could from what I guess, and also put Analoy in the back until James is able to post again. The white area in the wall is a tunnel..
Attachments
Mine interior 1.jpg
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
Image
"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 47
JIC: 1d20 = 4
JIC: 1d100 = 56

Cordelia momentarily reels in horror at the sight of the young girl. Keep it together, loosing my composure now wont help this girl She to reassure herself.
"Whats going on down there? Help us to help you. How many people are still down there and which way are they."
She knows whats going on. A dragon is getting his lunch on. She tries to help the people as she tries to also pull helpful intel out of them.


Image

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby The Bos » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:33 pm

Map Closeup 03-26-19.PNG


OOC: Corrected map...

- Figures on the map are not to scale, obviously, as otherwise the mine carts would be the size of Publix shopping buggies. It does show the marching order however.

- The dragon went in the same entrance as the characters, but per Townsend sufficient time has passed for it to have moved on from the area shown.

- The white area on the previous map was indicating where a wall had been but isn't there anymore. I've cleaned that up as it wasn't reading as a new tunnel (at least not to me). The new passageway is to the right of the unidentified corpse wranglers.
User avatar
The Bos
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 12:07 pm
Location: Rifts: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:25 pm

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 82
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 33
Prowl ☞ 85% / 1d100 = 52 (obvious intent)
Detect Ambush ☞ 80% / 1d100 = 44 (to keep an eye out for traps, things camouflaged, etc.)
Trap/Mine Detection ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 93 (to keep an eye out for traps, things camouflaged, etc.)
Detect Concealment ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 32 (to keep an eye out for traps, things camouflaged, etc.)
Sensory Equipment ☞ 65%+25% (merged) 90% / 1d100 = 76 (using her suit's sophisticated sensors)

GM wrote:Jez goes in as cautiously as she can, and can make out the distinct sounds of screaming coming from somewhere deeper within the mine itself. A group of four humans, three males and one female between the ages of 18 to 45 are carrying a body of a young girl and drop her on the ground next to two other human bodies who are laying in such a way that you can’t make out their general age or gender.


Jez mentally keys her mic open to the group's comm channel. "Coredlia, Susan, Fiona, see what you can do to help those people." She waves her gun in the direction of the people with the bodies. "Annie, Kat, with me." She signals to Analoy to cover their backs as they advance into the mine, then signals to Kat to follow the north track into the chamber, showing by signal that she'll stay on the easterly track. She keys a private freq for Kat. "Map indicates there might be ways up and over in that chamber. Might be good over-watch spots for sniping if correct." Jez quietly, cautiously advances along the easterly tracks, staying close to the wall to take advantage of any cover or shadow it might provide.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:22 am

Perception 59%: 1d100 = 46
JIC d20: 1d20 = 18
JIC d100: 1d100 = 42

Prowl 78%-10%(armor)=68%: 1d100 = 94
Intimidate 65%: 1d100 = 70

When Cordilia makes her move to go talk to the people on the other side of the collapsed bridge, Kat double times it over the other bridge and tries to make her way to a position where the new tunnel is without being spotted.

Needless to say, the City Rat is ignoring Jez's instructions to stick with her.

Should the people make a move back down the tunnel, Kat makes her lever action rifle make it's intimidating clicking noise as she chambers a new round into it. "Don't you fucking move." Should they run, Kat will take a single aimed shot at the fastest moving one's leg.



(Combat if needed)
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 17
APM: 5

A1: Jack new round in chamber.
A2-A4: Aimed Called Shot to runner's leg 1d20+8 = 26 Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 MD
A5: Dodge/Parry as needed 1d20+6 = 24
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:52 am

Perception: 1d100 = 78
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 10
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 14

Susan moves further down the tunnel so that she's across the broken bridge from the poor (presumably mind-controlled) people who just dropped the body. She lowers her rifle to cover any threats that might come out of the tunnel beyond them, then activates her directional mic, whispering over the loudspeaker.

"Please do not move. We are here to help. I'm a doctor. I took an oath."

She then tries to estimate the distance across the gap in case she needs to make a jump.

If worse comes to worst, I will use my hypodermic gun on them. It's full of knockout drugs today, right?
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:50 pm

Townsend wrote:
    Date: Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
    Time: 1:40 pm
    Temp: 48 degrees F
    Weather: Sunlight is beginning to come out more, raising the ambient temperature.
    Ley Line info: Nearest known ley line is 85 miles west in MercTown
    Location: Dawson Springs/mine near Dawson Springs


Cordelia calls out to the group of four citizens, trying to get their attention.Jez quietly walks into the mine, not seeing any signs of ambushes, but spots a series of large stones that look like they could be marking possible IED’s. Her suit’s sensors don’t report anything out of the ordinary. She issues commands to the team before cautiously advancing along the eastern series of tracks. Susan stands across the chasm from the four citizens, lowering her rifle and trying to appear as non-threatening as possible, calling out to them through her suits loudspeaker to try and reassure them, estimating that the chasm is about 20 feet wide.

Kat also tries to quietly walk into the mine, but accidentally kicks a large stone, sending it bouncing ahead of the team. Following Jez’s instructions, she moves to the front of the group, arriving at a new hole that connects to the adjacent tunnel. When the people don’t respond to Cordelia, she tries to sound intimidating but really sounds more like she’s itching for a fight, shouting for them to stop. But they neither stop, nor do they even react or acknowledge their presence, so Kat shoots the person in the lead high on the thigh. But since her weapon is a high energy weapon, and plasma at that, the person’s whole leg from the hip down to just above the knee instantly turns to ash while his skin half-way up his lower abdomen and on his other leg blister and char from 3rd degree burns, his clothes catching fire as well.

The man who was shot drops like a rock, silent for a half a heartbeat until the pain overcomes the effects of the mind control at which point he starts screaming in pain, which then startles the other three who were with him, breaking them from the mind control as well, which causes them to start screaming when the see what’s going on and who probably is responsible for it.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:

Kat (Force Field): -14 MDC
Analoy (Armor of Ithan): -(25/2) MDC = -13 MDC
Cordelia: -25 MDC


Map Closeup 04-10-19.PNG
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
Image
"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 9
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 25

Even Susan isn't crazy enough to try to jump across that. Instead, when Kat shoots the man's leg off, Susan shouts, "Oh god! Don't move! I'll be right there!"

She then runs across the intact bridge, and tries to help the man to not die, first injecting him with a sedative from her hypogun.

Field Surgery: 1d100 = 76 / 51%
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 24

Cordelia is worried that the group is going to attack them when they dont respond. This could get dicey real quick
And then the "warning shot" hits the man closest to them.
Yep dicey
She is trying to keep it together. Her hands are shaking, But her voice is calm and clear.

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 80% 1d100 = 100
"Let us help you. We mean no harm." She approaches hands up and tries to pacify the screaming group so that Susan can help the now very injured man. "If you can tell us where the others might be. Where your captors are, the dwarves and a Magician. We Just want to help you out of this and to get home" Cordelia repeats herself until the group starts to respond.

Image

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:24 am

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 2 Crit success
JIC: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 94

Prowl ☞ 85% / 1d100 = 55 (obvious intent)
Detect Ambush ☞ 80% / 1d100 = 30 (to keep an eye out for traps, things camouflaged, etc.)
Trap/Mine Detection ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 45 (to keep an eye out for traps, things camouflaged, etc.)
Detect Concealment ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 15 (to keep an eye out for traps, things camouflaged, etc.)
Sensory Equipment ☞ 65%+25% (merged) 90% / 1d100 = 4 (using her suit's sophisticated sensors) Crit success

Frakking Kat. Loose cannons cause collateral damage. Jez shrugs and concerns herself with her own aims as nobody seems to be keeping their eyes on the big picture. Jez advances (prowling at speed 21) down the offshoot tunnel (leading to the next map) as she keeps her senses alert for dangers. At least Cordelia is showing some mettle, finding her niche, and taking appropriate action. And Susan seems to be consistent if not entirely right in her mind. She keeps her comms silent, and hugs each corner as she moves down the passage so that she can look around corners and see what's ahead before moving into that area.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby The Bos » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:56 pm

    Date: Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
    Time: 1:42 pm
    Temp: 48 degrees F
    Weather: Sunlight is beginning to come out more, raising the ambient temperature.
    Ley Line info: Nearest known ley line is 85 miles west in MercTown
    Location: Dawson Springs/mine near Dawson Springs

Susan races around through the tunnels and does a perfect baseball slide down by the shot individual and begins frantically trying to save his life. Unfortunately, either by the influence of her own drugs or the distractions caused by all the screaming, she is unable to focus her thoughts enough to properly administer the sedative and so causes another round of screaming from the wounded man. She draws back and tries again, which seems to work as the guy’s screams start to fade along with his consciousness ((OOC: This is why you add a JIC roll)). Whether it’s the sedative doing its job or he’s passing out from the shock on his way to the next life… well…

As she is on the ground trying to save the man’s life, a flicker of light catches Susan’s eye. Not only has Kat’s plasma blast disintegrated the man’s leg, it seems to have also ignited some pieces of coal lying along the railway. Cordelia’s sharp eyes catch it as well.

Speaking of all the screaming, to say that the other three who are coming out from whatever mind control they had been under are not dealing well with the experience would be a significant understatement. Cordelia tries to reassure them and calm them down, but while she tries her best to keep her voice steady, her nerves momentarily get the best of her and she half barks, half bleats out her words the first time she forces them out. This sends one of the men, already severely stressed over seeing a friend shot in front of him, straight off the deep end -- literally, as he tries to launch himself across the chasm and onto the other end of the ruined bridge. “NO! YOU’RE ONE OF THEM! LET ME OUT OF HERE! LET ME OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU…” It’s a valiant effort born out of desperation, but sadly it’s not enough to make it across and his voice trails off as he disappears into the darkness with only a sickening crunching noise punctuating the end of his fall. The woman mentally shuts down and collapses into a sobbing pile into the other man’s arms. The last man standing looks frantically at the newcomers and is very close to cracking himself, but Cordelia’s repeated message manages calm him down just enough for him to stammer out “p-p-please, don’t kill us! Who… who are you? Wh-where are we? What do you want with us? Why… why in the hell did you shoot Earl?”

Meanwhile, Jez pulls away from the rest of the group and begins silently scouting the tunnels on her own. She comes to a dead end chamber and is just about to work her way back down to the main passageway when the chamber is filled with a bright light forming a portal. Out walks James along with a figure in black armor and cape. Almost immediately afterwards the portal flashes again and a very tall (as in a good six inches taller than Jez) blonde woman steps out behind them.

OOC Comments
James -- you’ve never seen this tall blonde before in your life. She definitely wasn't behind you when the stranger opened the portal.
Jez -- on a critical success perception roll (less than half your skill), the style of the stranger’s armor vaguely resembles types worn by the Sunaj, operatives known to associate with the Splugorth.
Valun -- Not sure how much you and Townsend have discussed your intro, but he tells me you’re expecting this so welcome aboard. The Rogues’ loss is our gain.


What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:

Kat (Force Field): -14 MDC
Analoy (Armor of Ithan): -(25/2) MDC = -13 MDC
Cordelia: -25 MDC


Map Closeup 04-24-19.png
User avatar
The Bos
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 12:07 pm
Location: Rifts: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:39 pm

Perception 59%: 1d100 = 61
JIC d20: 1d20 = 18
JIC d100: 1d100 = 19

Invoke Trust 65%: 1d100 = 81

Kat jacks a new round into her chamber. Inside her helmet the City Rat is grimacing at herself a bit. Can't be sure they wouldn't warn their mind-master about us. Kat is trying to do a job of convincing herself. Seeing nobody heading back down the tunnel, Kat looks for the round she ejected from her full rifle onto the ground before she fired. When the guy starts screaming and then takes a dive, Kat winces visibly. Well fuck. Two more bodies on my conscious. Fixer's cousin better still be alive. Make this worth something. Kat watches Susan approach the now legless fellow, but the City Rat's already written him off as a corpse.

"Couldn't risk you telling your captors we're here for them. Now stay put, and don't you take any final leaps like your friend there did."
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 64
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 14

Cordelia tries to get herself under control. She is still shaking. Until she sees the screaming man run off the end of the ledge.
Oh My God
she stopped entirely for an entire minute. "Yep, Dicey. She starts slowly and cautiously toward the remaining people.
"I'm sorry for your friends. We really are here to help. Can we help you?"
Image

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Valrún » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:36 am

Perception: 1d100 = 87/37% (+5% on ley lines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 21

Valrún steps out of the rift, taking in her surroundings. Þetta lítur ekki vel út. She takes a good look at the others in the chamber, taking note of any weapons and armor. Well at least there is a breathable atmosphere this time. Could be worse I suppose. I wonder what gods-forsaken part of Miðgarðr I'm in now. Maybe one of these people can tell me. Hmm, probably the woman, she looks like she might be from here. Might as well introduce myself to the mortals. She takes a couple steps away from the rift, and looks directly at Jez, "Hvaða hluti af Miðgarði er þetta?" After a moment or two, she cocks her head slightly to the right and tries again, "What part of Miðgarðr is this? I don't recognize this part of the realm." She keeps her voice carefully neutral, although it is hard to miss the inquisitive undertone.

Translations
Þetta lítur ekki vel út. = This doesn't look familiar.
Hvaða hluti af Miðgarði er þetta? = What part of Midgard is this


Skill Rolls
Language: Old Norse 1d100 = 53/82%
Language: Trade 4 (American) 1d100 = 69/82%
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

OOC Comments
Goddess in the Making
M.D.C.: 158/158
P.P.E.: 233/233

Constant Effects
Fire and Cold Resistant 1/2 damage
Bio-regenerates 1d6x5 M.D.C. per minutes (4 melees)
Sense Rifts 90 mile radius
Sense Ley Line 30 mile radius
Sense Magic in Use 300' radius
User avatar
Valrún
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:14 pm

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 60
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 88
Intelligence ☞ 74% / 1d100 = 71 (any discernible clues as to the woman's origins or nature?)

GM wrote:Jez pulls away from the rest of the group and begins silently scouting the tunnels on her own. She comes to a dead end chamber and is just about to work her way back down to the main passageway when the chamber is filled with a bright light forming a portal. Out walks James along with a figure in black armor and cape. Almost immediately afterwards the portal flashes again and a very tall (as in a good six inches taller than Jez) blonde woman steps out behind them.


When James steps out from the weird portal, Jezebel does a double-take. What the frak? "James?" she inquires. The second flashing portal prompts her to level her energy rifle at waist level at the portal. When the enormous blonde woman steps through, Jez is taken aback. Okay universe, I don't know what games you're playing, but you'd better have an explanation for this.

"Who the frak are you?" The woman says some sort of gibberish and the eyes behind Jez's helmet narrow. Well, that wasn't the Imperial Trade Tongue, but with different hair this bitch could pass for an Atorian cultural icon. The woman's language changes.
Valrún wrote:"What part of Miðgarðr is this? I don't recognize this part of the realm."

Jez realizes her trigger discipline has been sloppy and emotional. Until the blonde started speaking her accented form of what the natives call "American," she had unconsciously been tightening her finger on the trigger. She consciously removes her finger from the trigger and rests it across the trigger guard. Ask questions then shoot if necessary, Jez. "I don't know what a mid-guard is, lady, but the locals call this shithole 'Dirt,' or some such."

Jez radios the rest of the team on the group frequency. "Somehow James is here with me further ahead in the tunnels, and he brought some huge bitch along with him. No time for details right now."

Jez doesn't take her eyes off of the statuesque blonde, but directs her words elsewhere. "James, this your new girlfriend, or what? And who the frak is minding our new digs if you're not there? And how the frak did you get here?" Jez realizes she has more questions than they have time for right now. Frak, I hate mysteries. "Know what? Save it for when Kat puts you to the question. There's a no-shit dragon in these tunnels, and a bunch of dwarves who've pal'd-up with some evil 'magic' using bitch are holed-up down here. If you see the dragon, don't piss it off; it's nominally working with us."

Jez takes another looks at the big broad. That big jarhead from the first SOG would've loved this big chick--if she was family, anyway. Freak. "Look sister, you heard my spiel to the nugget here. So take that shit under advisement. If you wanna get the frak out of here, just follow the screams behind me to the surface." Jez eyes the interesting rifle the woman has in hand. "But if you know how to use that," she nods at the woman's rifle, "we could maybe use your help taking this bitch down. Whatcha say?"
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 67 / 34%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 30

Susan actually didn't see who shot the man (check the perception roll on the last post), and when the second person throws themselves into the abyss, she starts completely freaking out. Good thing she's on Boing-o and has a patient to take care of!!!!

"My god, these people have been driven completely mad by the mind control device!" As she continues to stabilize her patient, she says. "This man either needs to be made comfortable and attached to the IRMSS working on him, or evacuated. Cordelia, can you determine if these people are going to continue to be a danger to themselves? If not, I can instruct them on removing this man from the tunnels. If so, we should consider sedating them until we have removed our armed opponents."

Once this is sorted out, she moves forward to join Jez, taking up a position guarding the join in the tunnel currently at the south edge of the map. (Where the tunnel Jez is in and the tunnel that lead to the rest of party join).

Who's James? Oh well, I'll find out eventually. Maybe he's a mutant!
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby James Miller » Wed May 01, 2019 10:06 am

Perception: 95% 1d100 = 4
JIC: 1d100 = 25, 1d20 = 4

Skill Rolls:
Radio Basic 83%|1d100 = 41 Success
Unscramble Coded Messages: 59%|1d100 = 32 Success
Prowl 73%+5% 78%, (-20% for other to detect, -21% for infrared and thermal to detect) |1d100 = 35 Success

James steps through the portal and gets a little dizzy as he finds himself in a dark tunnel, I'm about done with the god damn confusion and disorientation. This has not been a good 24 hours for me fuck!! Out of nowhere a bunch of data starts flooding into his mind as the cave comes more into focus. Who the hell is this women behind me now, more fucking surprises. The person in the armor doesn't seem to be upset at her appearance so James keeps his cool but puts all his senses on high alert and keeps an eye on this new women. Before he has a chance to say anything Jez is standing in front of him looking as confused as he felt.

Jezebel wrote:"James?"


James opens his mouth to answer but realizes he has no idea what the hell to say so he just closes it and points at the person in the armor. The women and Jez both talk for a second before she turns her attention back to James.

Jezebel wrote:"Somehow James is here with me further ahead in the tunnels, and he brought some huge bitch along with him. No time for details right now."[/color]


James realizes she is on the radio with the rest of the GIRLS so he tries to tune into their frequency hoping there were no decryption changes since he was last connected with all of them, (Radio Basic). If he can't get on he will use his Bandit ear to try hack in on his own. No one has time to babysit me through using the radio, I may as well try get in on my own., (Unscramble Coded Messages).

Jezebel wrote:"James, this your new girlfriend, or what? And who the frak is minding our new digs if you're not there? And how the frak did you get here?" "Know what? Save it for when Kat puts you to the question. There's a no-shit dragon in these tunnels, and a bunch of dwarves who've pal'd-up with some evil 'magic' using bitch are holed-up down here. If you see the dragon, don't piss it off; it's nominally working with us."


At Jez's first question James opens his mouth to answer but yet again has to leave it open and not talk as he doesn't know where to start when explaining why he is where he is right now. Thankfully, Jez bulls ahead and he is forced to hide his surprise at the situation they were currently in. Sweet fuck, it's right into the fire with these women. Looking up at Jez, James just quickly blurts out, "I'll stick close to you and stay out of the way." Taking in Jez and remembering how goddamn tough she was and his own very squishy state, James adds, "Maybe I won't stay too close though.". At that James will go where Jez goes doing his best to stay back and observe and wait for a time his skills might be useful, (Prowl).
James
OOC Comments
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Fri May 03, 2019 6:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d100 = 12

The panic stricken people are starting to work on Cordelia's calm. What little she has.
"Christ Doc, cant you calm these A holes down."
She then notices James and his new friend. She stops mid exclamation. Her anxiety fades away as she is truely dumbfounded.
"Doc Susan? Is there a Valkyrie in here?"
Thoughts of Norse mythology scramble through her brain. History: Post-Apocalyptic 75% 1d100 = 56


Image

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Mon May 06, 2019 2:35 pm

ROLLS HELD

OOC: Adding to the previous post as per the 'conditional comment' regarding the rescuees.

When Cordelia gives her the green light, Susan calmly steps over to the man and says "I don't know what happened here or what they've done to you, but we're here to help."

She then knocks him out with her tranq gun, quickly injecting the crying woman as well, helping to ease them to the ground.

She also dumps her canteen on the burning coal to put it out before going to guard the passage as per above.
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Fri May 10, 2019 10:17 am

Townsend wrote:
    Date: Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
    Time: 1:43 pm
    Temp: 48 degrees F
    Weather: Sunlight is beginning to come out more, raising the ambient temperature.
    Ley Line info: Nearest known ley line is 85 miles west in MercTown
    Location: Dawson Springs/mine near Dawson Springs



Kat chambers a new round into her gun and and tries to get them to trust her, but all she’s managed to do is make them trust that she won’t hesitate to shoot. Cordelia tries her best to try and calm them down, which seems to have an effect of them moving toward her a little, until Kat realizes that they are putting Cordelia directly in between them and her. Susan kneels over the body and her fears are confirmed while inspecting the man, he will die without immediate medical attention. She realizes that if she were to use an IRMSS kit, it would give her an additional 30 to 45 minutes to getting him to a medical facility. Trying to distract herself from the reality in front of her, she talks about options on what to do with the other two prisoners. Cordelia asks Susan to calm them down, and that’s all the permission she needs to knock them out with a fast acting sedative. Susan is able to apply it to the first person with no problem, but the other person sees what’s going on and starts to freak out a bit, requiring Susan to wrestle them to the ground in order to administer the sedative, but it also left them bleeding.

James steps through the portal into a dark tunnel lit only by the light from the portal. Jez immediately begins to barrage him with questions to which he does not reply. She also notices a tall figure clad in demonic looking dark armor. She’s seen armor of that style before, although she can’t recall who wears it, but it is a safe bet that people that wear armor like that are the nicest kind of people. Then the portal flashes and an even taller woman than she is, reminiscent of stories of valkyrie in old Norse legends from Earth. Jez tenses for a moment, almost ready to fire her weapon before relaxing just a little bit as she scolds herself for her lack of trigger discipline and an unbidden thought enters her mind that having been around Kat could be partially to blame. The woman standing in front of Jez speaks in a totally foreign language unlike any she had ever heard before, and then switches languages after a momentary pause, but this one she is able to understand, to an extent at least. Valrun, the last person to enter the cave by means of an open rift, is able to see a short (comparatively) man in armor directly in front of her with a slightly taller woman also in armor in front of him pointing a rifle at her, tense at first but relaxes a little bit after a moment. As she tries to ascertain that she is in fact on Earth, or Midgard as she knows it as, she is reminded of the mission she was given to her by her father, to stop the Temporal Raider known as Miiraak from freeing The Shackled Servant, or allowing The Shackled Servant to die. Jez responds to Valrun’s queries to the best of her knowledge before talking on the radio, which James listens in on in one form or another.

As Jez speaks on her radio, the figure clad in demonic armor turns to James and reminds him ”Miiraak must NOT succeed!” before stepping back through the portal and closing it from the other side. Jez has some questions for James before she decides to save them for later and gives him a brief briefing before asking Valrun for help in her own fashion. As Jez does this, James fades from sight.

The map will be posted either tonight or tomorrow, per the Bos

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:

Kat (Force Field): -14 MDC
Analoy (Armor of Ithan): -(25/2) MDC = -13 MDC
Cordelia: -25 MDC


Map Closeup 05-10-19.PNG
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
Image
"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Mon May 13, 2019 5:30 pm

Perception: 71% / 1d100 = 91
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 1
Prowl ☞ 85% / 1d100 = 55 (see also Stalker Suit for reduced thermal signature) (for obvious reasons)

Frak. The party's split, but that might actually be for the best. James, if I recall, is one sly sonofabitch, so he'll do fine in recon. Too-tall here, however, sticks out like a gods-damned, neon-painted, bullet magnet. Jez smiles behind her visor. Bait. Jez keys her mic on the secure group channel. "Cordelia, Susan, set that area up as a staging area for the townsfolk. As we encounter them, we'll send them to you. Kat--don't shoot them unless they initiate violence. Keep a watchful eye, and provide whatever medical attention you can. If you get company, let us know via radio ASAP. We're proceeding ahead. Jez out."

Jez makes as if to hand signal to James, but he's already vanished from sight. Good. Take some initiative, soldier. She keys a secure channel to James alone. "Scout ahead and stay stealthy. You've got a technological edge, so make use of it and cover some ground. I'll be moving south, keeping my left hand on the wall and following it. I'll update you with what I see. Do likewise."

She She looks to the huge, outlandish woman. Whatever, sister, so long as you're not a frakking brush-head. She says through her voice amplifier, "We're scouting these tunnels and expect violent opposition from a band of slavers who have 'magic' at their disposal. You with us? If so, draw some attention--I doubt that's gonna be hard for you--and flush out whatever might be ahead. If I had a spare radio, I'd give you one, but I don't, so just shout if you run into any trouble." Jez then stalks ahead at a brisk walking pace in a tactical crouch, her rifle at the ready, and keeping herself as close to the left wall as possible. She follows that left wall south and wherever it leads.

Image
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby James Miller » Wed May 15, 2019 12:11 pm

Perception: 95% |1d100 = 35
JIC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 17

Skill Rolls:
Radio Basic 83%|1d100 = 57 Success
Prowl 73%+5% 78%, (-20% for other to detect, -21% for infrared and thermal to detect) |1d100 = 43 Success
Detect Ambush 63% |1d100 = 69 Failed
Detect Concealment 48% |1d100 = 35 Success
Surveillance 63%|1d100 = 25Success

James listens intently to the instructions coming from Jez:

Jezebel wrote:"Scout ahead and stay stealthy. You've got a technological edge, so make use of it and cover some ground. I'll be moving south, keeping my left hand on the wall and following it. I'll update you with what I see. Do likewise."


Happy to have a job and some directly leadership, he responds with a simple, "Affirmative." and starts down the tunnel bringing all of his skills at subterfuge to bear, (Prowl, Detach Ambush/Concealment). Regardless of what or if he finds anything, James will do everything to stay hidden and silent. He will, as always, choose stealth over a brute force assault.

If he happens upon any group he will message Jez on the private channel immediately, (Radio Basic) and start making note of who the leaders may be as well as the purpose of the group, (Surveillance).
James
OOC Comments
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Thu May 16, 2019 11:40 am

Perception: 1d100 = 20 / 23%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 49

Susan nods, then realizes Jez can't see her. "Copy that, commander!"

She then does what she can to make the unconscious people comfortable and gets the IRMSS put on the leg-missing victim.

"Cordelia, can you make sure the coal hasn't caught fire and about to kill us all?"

After that's all taken care of, she carefully walks to the edge of the crevasse, and looks down, trying to see the guy who jumped.

Finally, she puts her back against the wall nearest her patient and tries to watch all passages at once, while doing anything she can to help him.

Medical Doctor: 1d100 = 57 / 73%
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Fri May 17, 2019 6:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 31
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 59
Perception: 60%

Cordelia is just about to become frantic and start screaming with the rescued (sort of) towns folk of Cadiz. Then Dr. Susan lets loose the tranquilizers. She seemed happy to do it. Note to self, Susan may be inclined to steal kidneys and leave you in a tub of ice. Stares at the Dr. as she goes about her merry duties.
Shakes it off and turns to the towns people as the drift off to sedation. "Um, Sorry." she shrugs.
At Susans request she check the coal in the area to see if anything is on fire. She looks around also for anything else that may be laying around or hidden. 1d100 = 52 Archeology +60% 1d100 = 92 Find Contraband 57%


Image

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Kat Porter » Thu May 23, 2019 11:28 am

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 52
JIC d20: 1d20 = 1
JIC d100: 1d100 = 76

Kat purposefully avoids watching Susan work on the fellow she shot, taking a position at the top of the stairs Jez went down and pointing her lever action rifle at the end of the hall. After about 1 minute Kat adjusts her gear and leans her family heirloom against the wall next to her and goes beck to pointing the lever action down the hall.

Thinking about the last time she went underground, Kat gets quite uncomfortable. Tiny little deevils crawling out of the ground, walls, and ceiling start picking at the corners of the City Rat's subconsious. "I fucking hate caves." the City Rat mutters to herself.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.
Kat Porter
Conditions
P.P.E.: 19
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 39
Perception Bonus: +5
Charm/Impress: 20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65%

Image
User avatar
Kat Porter
Group Leader
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: Rifts PC (G.I.R.L.S. of MercTown)

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Townsend » Thu May 23, 2019 6:34 pm

Townsend wrote:
    Date: Wednesday, February 5th, 111 PA
    Time: 1:48 pm
    Temp: 48 degrees F
    Weather: Sunlight is beginning to come out more, raising the ambient temperature.
    Ley Line info: Nearest known ley line is 85 miles west in MercTown
    Location: Dawson Springs/mine near Dawson Springs


Jez prowls ahead, issuing orders via her radio, then gives Valrun some suggestions on what to do if she sticks with Jez, staying as close to the left wall as possible, she crosses the stream which she follows north until she finds a hole in the rock wall from which it issues from. Coming back downstream, she follows the rockwall until it opens up a bit into a small cave the stream runs past, the water from which occasionally sloshing over the bank of the stream, forming a shallow pool of water. The cave has openings to the northeast and south. Since Jez is keeping the wall to her left side, it will take her into the tunnel that connects to the cave in the northeast, which double backs a couple of times, until eventually the color of the rocks seem to change slightly.

Valrun confidently strides ahead of Jez, being the bait for any would be assailants. But while her eyes scanned for enemies to fight, she fails to notice a trip wire connected to an electrical device festooned with gems. The device emitted a bright light pointed at where Valrun stood for a moment until she disappeared from all sight and sound, after which device sparked several times until it was no more than a blackened hulk of a box. James was working on scouting the other tunnels the ran alongside the one that Jez, finding little of interest other than some vibro-tools. The tunnel he’s in finally meets up with the one Jez is in, and he notices the tripwire, but not in time to warn Valrun.

Susan lays the two prisoners she had to sedate on the ground before checking the IRMSS on the leg of the prisoner who’d been shot. She asks Cordelia to make sure no other chunks of coal have caught fire as she walks to the chasm, looking down it to see if she can see the person who had lost his mind, flipping through her body armor’s optics, she can see a rocky outcropping roughly 53 feet down, according to the laser distancing readout. She’s unable to see anything other than a large boulder on the outcropping at first until she realizes that boulder is actually the man who had jumped because he had shifted slightly for some reason that Susan is inable of discerning and his arm fell from where it laid on his side. Looking again with a doctor’s eye, she’s able to tell that the poor man must have died on impact, judging from the angle of his head and neck. Small relief there. She then realized the body must be experiencing tremors in the muscles. It’s not uncommon for the muscles of a recently deceased person to quiver and tremble for a short while immediately after death. She sits back down next to the victim missing his leg, putting the wall to her back, trying to watch all of the possible ways to come into that chamber while also keeping an eye on her patient, just in case her expertise was needed. Cordelia is about to lose her mind until the good doctor injects sedatives into the prisoners who are freaking out, causing her to become paranoid about the safety of her organs. Apologizing to the unconscious prisoners, she sets about her task of ensuring that the fire had not spread to other chunks of coal. While she was able to find about a dozen and a half fist sized chunks of coal with numerous others of smaller sizes, none were currently on fire. Kat maintains vigilance down the hallway, but nothing comes out of the darkness.

Map Closeup 05-26-19.png



What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:
Kat (Force Field): -14 MDC
Analoy (Armor of Ithan): -(25/2) MDC = -13 MDC
Cordelia: -25 MDC
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown
Image
"...and now they work for me."
User avatar
Townsend
Game Master
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Sat May 25, 2019 12:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 9
Perception: 60%

"Everything looks cool here Doc. This guy gonna live?" Cordelia speaks quietly
She draws a mental image of this scene in her mind. Maybe I can draw this later for my book
She quietly knees by the sedated patients and pats them down. Maybe one of these people picked something up of interest.
"Susan I might be crazy but this guy smells like barbecue. Am I just imagining that or do you smell it too."
Cordelia checks the towns folk and then returns to looking around the cave area they are in for anything interesting.


Image

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Jezebel » Tue May 28, 2019 4:43 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 18

Prowl ☞ 85% / 1d100 = 1 (obvious intent) CRIT
Detect Ambush ☞ 80% / 1d100 = 84 (to keep an eye out for traps, things camouflaged, etc.)
Trap/Mine Detection ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 95 (to keep an eye out for traps, things camouflaged, etc.)
Detect Concealment ☞ 75% / 1d100 = 45 (to keep an eye out for traps, things camouflaged, etc.)
Sensory Equipment ☞ 65%+25% (merged) 90% / 1d100 = 5 (using her suit's sophisticated sensors) CRIT

Townsend wrote:Jez prowls ahead, issuing orders via her radio, then gives Valrun some suggestions on what to do if she sticks with Jez, staying as close to the left wall as possible, she crosses the stream which she follows north until she finds a hole in the rock wall from which it issues from. Coming back downstream, she follows the rockwall until it opens up a bit into a small cave the stream runs past, the water from which occasionally sloshing over the bank of the stream, forming a shallow pool of water. The cave has openings to the northeast and south. Since Jez is keeping the wall to her left side, it will take her into the tunnel that connects to the cave in the northeast, which double backs a couple of times, until eventually the color of the rocks seem to change slightly.

Jez comes to a stop and ducks back into the shadows. Okay, scenery's changing, and it's been dull as a JAG's sense of humor so far, guess it should be safe to bring forward the others. Jez keys her mic, "If you're not actively needed to keep the civilians safe and alive, hurry up and catch-up. Watch your step as you go, we've stumbled across one weird boobytrap so far, bur we covered a lot of ground. When you leave the main chamber, just put your left hand on the wall and go--it's clear. James, scout ahead and to the right, I'll go left. Observation only." Jez proceeds stealthily along the route she's described.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Susan Lee » Wed May 29, 2019 8:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 14 / 34%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 7

Susan looks at Cordelia. "If you can smell anything, then the seals of your armor are compromised and you are in danger of dying. Please be careful until we can have them checked."

Then she looks down at the injured man. "He's in bad shape. We have maybe an hour at most until he's beyond help."

She fires up her radio. "This is, uh, Susan. We seem to be clear here and I'm moving up to meet you. The people have all been sedated except for the injured man who will die if we don't get him help very quickly. If possible, we need to wrap this up in 20 minutes and immediately evacuate him unless someone has magical healing capabilities. Where are our targets?"

Susan glances at Cordelia. "Are you ready to kill some people to save this man's life?"

She heads down the tunnel to meet up with Jez, whether Cordelia follows or not.
It's DNA, all the way down.

H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby James Miller » Thu May 30, 2019 12:06 pm

Perception: 95% 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 50

Radio Basic 83%|1d100 = 67 Success
Prowl 73%+5% 78%, (-20% for other to detect, -21% for infrared and thermal to detect) |1d100 = 37 Success
Detect Ambush 63% |1d100 = 69 Fail
Detect Concealment 48% |1d100 = 65 Fail
Surveillance 63%|1d100 = 20 Success

James continues to search the cavernous area looking for anything that might be dangerous or give some valuable intel. How in the fuck did I end up in the shit yet again and so god damn quickly? I make terrible life decisions. The spy's self deprecating thoughts are cut short as Jez's voice springs into his ear,
Jezebel wrote: James, scout ahead and to the right, I'll go left. Observation only."

James replies with another simple, Affirmative . No problem there, 'observation only' is my jam. He immediately moves further into the tunnel keeping quiet and as hidden as he can make himself as well as watching for hidden dangers, (Prowl, Detect Ambush/Concealment)

If James stumbles onto people he will immediately forward that information to Jez and watch to try and pick out the group's purpose and plan of attack, as well as identifying leaders among the group, (Surveillance). If he stumbles onto anything else that seems out of place or out of the ordinary he will stop, remain concealed and radio Jez.
James
OOC Comments
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill
User avatar
James Miller
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: First Op: Where Have All the Cadizians Gone?

Postby Cordelia » Thu May 30, 2019 5:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 23
Perception: 60%

Cordelia stops and checks her seal on her helmet. She had taken it off after she got dragon fried and maybe it was not sealed. Better safe than sorry. Then Jezebel commands them to follow.
"Roger that boss lady"
She salutes to Susan as she responds and then follows her down the tunnel. Slowly and carefully.

Image

T-42 Commando scout EBA
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 25 each
• Main Body: 45
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

PreviousNext

Return to G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest