Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

In the distant reaches of the Milky Way Galaxy, a race teeters on the brink of extinction as it is pursued by the relentless Atorian Empire. [Adventure forum.]

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:40 am

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1551
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Environment: Vacuum
Location: In orbit around Chandrakant II, I.S.S. Vikelter

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

Grifter Stations
  • Pilot's Station: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot's Station: Cairo
  • EWO Station: Ryden
  • Crew Chief Station: Niall
  • (L1) Lima One Port Forward Turret (Lasers): Halko
  • (L2) Lima Two Port Aft Turret (Lasers): Simone
  • (R1) Romeo One: Starboard Forward Turret (Rail Guns): Rosseyn
  • (R2) Romeo Two Starboard Aft Turret (Rail Guns):

Ambient Sound of the Starship Interior (open in new tab & listen while you read)

Cairo reflexively shouts in his helmet without keying the mic, "Runner!" He gives chase as he lets his basically useless shadows dissipate. He recalls the appearance of this alien and associates it with a Danaus. An insectoid race which sometimes manifests psionics, so-called "magical" abilities, and powers like the Arismal enjoy as well.

Niall renews his focus on the small, hovering drones, and begins blasting them. He gets a shot in one each of them, but they both disappear around the corner after Cairo.

Corrigon advances, holsters his pistol, and checks if any of the robots have any weaponry that can be taken with them. Each has an energy rifle of some kind clutched in its robotic hands which he extracts. He remarks "We need to leave. Any weapons we find, we need to collect and take. Our ammo situation is not going to be enough, so we need to salvage and play it smarter than this. If Cairo has found a living being, let the others deal with it, whilst we find a way out."

Nova opens a gateway for Halko to return to the Grifter then closes it immediately after. He responds to Corrigon as he runs down the passageway, "We're not going anywhere, Ego. Follow my lead and I'll get you out of here. No one is running." He takes some more shots at the floating drones as they go around the corner. He senses another surveillance system south of their position.

Corrigon adds, "When I say we need to leave, I mean this location, not the ship. This section is compromised, so we need to get to another location within the ship before they can bring overwhelming firepower to bear. We are going to be here a while. More firepower is needed." Three rifles fill his arms. Each has a single E-clip with an outside meter which shows them to be at half capacity.

A quick grunt of effort and Simone is off running again, she passes the insectoid and hits him from the opposite direction with a lowered shoulder. In short order, she and Cairo have beaten it to death as it attempted to cover itself from harm in a fetal position on the deck.

Niall remarks, "There's another of those bug-slaves we saw planetside."

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Note: 1 square = 10'


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -496 to armor
Simone: -7 shots; -90 to armor's main body
Corrigon: -7 shots; -60 to armor's main body
Niall: -20 S.D.C. to armor's main body
Cairo: -175 personal S.D.C., -100 to helmet, Multi-optic & targeting HUD in helmet visor fried, -30 to armor's main body
Rosseyn: -5 shots; -50 to armor's main body, -1060 Force Field used
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5041
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:50 pm

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 38
JiC D20: 1d20 = 5
JiC D100: 1d100 = 68

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Force Disc

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1282/1450

==~==~==

Cairo nods to Simone, "Twitchy? Go handle the Drone things back there will ya?" Then he kneels next to the corpse of the fallen Danaus and turns it over (in it's armor), shifting his sight along the EM Spectrum [Radio(?), Microwave(?), anything that runs on Electricity] he searches the body for anything useful, *Come-on security badge, or weapons, or radio so we can check programmed frequencies and encryption, or anti-grav-harness, or ... something.*

LOOT ... I mean Salvage [90%]: 1d100 = 27 (search for useful stuff on the Bug-fellow)
Pilot: Personal Anti-Gravity Transportation [110%]: 1d100 = 71 (recognize Antigrav stuff)

If the droids (or anything else) start firing on him, Cairo will attempt to (auto)dodge. If he spots Nova (and battle is over), CJ will ask, "Where's Halko, and Brainiac? Did you send them back to the Grifter with those Bots? R&D will be interested in the AI Programming I'm sure. What did Brainiac find down that offshoot?"

Auto-Dodge [+9]: 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 11, 1d20+9 = 22, 1d20+9 = 11, 1d20+9 = 13, 1d20+9 = 28
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:18 am

Perception ☞ 39% 1d100 = 66 (FAIL)

JIC 1d20 = 1
1d100 = 86

Niall crouch-runs forward to Cairo's former position at the corner, and sees the two hovering drones just as Simone finishes off the Danaus slave. He raises his hands and lets off a pair of blasts at each drone to knock them out of commission. "Simone and Fang took that bug guy down fast and hard. That's excellent. Just take these drones down and figure out which way our friends went and we're good to go. Niall tries to hide his nerves, the adrenaline coursing through his blood, as he blasts away at the drones. This is just like target practice back at basic, zapping remotes... but what did my DI used to say" Good against remotes is one thing, good against the living? That's something else."

As he shoots, he mutters a curse. "Frakking bots... Why do these aliens always use frakking bots and implants?" He feels instinctively that the aliens must know they are inferior, and use technology to supplement themselves in the absence of real power.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 6
APM: 6

Action 1: Blast flying bot #1 1d20+1 = 13; Damage 12d6 = 37
Action 2: Blast flying bot #2 1d20+1 = 10; Damage 12d6 = 48
Action 3: Blast flying bot #1 1d20+1 = 5; Damage 12d6 = 43
Action 4: Blast flying bot #2 1d20+1 = 11; Damage 12d6 = 34
Action 5: Reserved for dodge 1d20+3 = 19 (+2 additional if in melee range)
Action 6: Reserved for dodge 1d20+3 = 21 (+2 additional if in melee range)

Parries if needed: 1) 1d20+3 = 12; 2) 1d20+3 = 18; 3) 1d20+3 = 8; 4) 1d20+3 = 12; 5) 1d20+3 = 17; 6) 1d20+3 = 22
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 92/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14; 1d100 = 67
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 6
Number of Attacks: 7

Action One: Rush (Very Fast) to Drone #2 to punch it. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 21; Damage: 1d4+54 = 56)
Action Two: Continue punching the Drone #2 while speeding around it. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 10 Crit Fail; Damage: 1d4+10 = 11)
Action Three: Continue punching the Drone #2 while speeding around it. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 25; Damage: 1d4+10 = 11)
Action Four: Continue punching the Drone #2 while speeding around it. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 17; Damage: 1d4+10 = 12)
Action Five: Continue punching the Drone #2 while speeding around it. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 29 Nat 20!; Damage: 1d4+10 = 13 26 Damage)
Action Six: Continue punching the Drone #2 while speeding around it. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 27; Damage: 1d4+10 = 12)
Action Seven: Continue punching the Drone #2 while speeding around it. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 24; Damage: 1d4+10 = 11)

Contingency: Will switch to Drone #1 if Drone #2 dies.

Parries as Needed: 1d20+13 = 30, 1d20+13 = 19, 1d20+13 = 30, 1d20+13 = 25, 1d20+13 = 18, 1d20+13 = 17, 1d20+13 = 17.
Auto-Dodge: 1d20+5 = 16, 1d20+5 = 15, 1d20+5 = 17, 1d20+5 = 9, 1d20+5 = 25, 1d20+5 = 15, 1d20+5 = 7.

Simone is enjoying the rush of taking out some of the creatures allied with the killers of her homeworld. Seeing to Drones remaining, Simone charges nearer of the two leveling a punch at it, Simone keeps darting back and forth adding momentum to he punches. This is gonna be a weird day I think. Simone thinks as she tries to work out her frustrations on the floating drone.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:21 am

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

If the little hover drones go down, Cairo will try to gauge where they are in the Vikelter overall (which way on Map is 'Forward/Bow', vs Aft/Stern) before offering up a suggestion.

Navigation -- 130%: 1d100 = 90 - determine bearings

"Should we repressurize? Weld a couple plates across that entrance door back where we came in from the cargo bay so it's sealed shut and cannot be remotely opened, then find a spot in a corner and Crash can burn through a small hole to a lower deck ... Nova might even pop a small vent to an upper deck too ... make things a bit easier than roaring decompression each time we open a door. We can come back and plug them up later if needed."

*Also has the benefit that if someone's seals are breached we won't be on as much of a clock. Odds are if we pop a couple little holes through, they may not notice for a while. Air might end up being thin, but better than nothing ... *
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 30/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 37

Conditions
ADF Standard Armor:
  • Main Body: 180/200
  • Helmet: 100/100
  • Left Arm: 100/100
  • Right Arm: 100/100
  • Left Leg: 150/150
  • Right Leg: 150/150
  • A.R.: 16
Force Armor:
  • 200/200
Force Field SDC:
  • 1340/2400
Galactic Standard Pistol:
  • Ammo: 10/15


Nova concentrates his fire on the two drones in front of him. Once those two are down, he will send one more bullet down the hallway at the surveillance mechanism that he detects.

If the drones go down, he'll answer Cairo's questions. "Not sure about Brainiac, but Backlash is trucking those bots back to the Grifter. Give us an edge against the Brushheads."

If the fracas comes to an end, Nova gives some directions. "Ego, Crash, you're with Fang. Continue scouting forward. Helbrecht, you're with me and Brainiac. I want to finish scouting behidn us and then catch up with the others. You're our fastest bet."

APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 11 (+3 vs guns and machines) (+4 vs AI, computers and auto defense systems)

Action 1: Fire Galactic Standard Pistol at Drone 1. Strike: 1d20+6 = 8 Damage: 5d6 = 17
Action 2: Fire Galactic Standard Pistol at Drone 1. Strike: 1d20+6 = 18 Damage: 5d6 = 18
Action 3: Fire Galactic Standard Pistol at Drone 1. Strike: 1d20+6 = 18 Damage: 5d6 = 11
Action 4: Fire Galactic Standard Pistol at Drone 1. Strike: 1d20+6 = 14 Damage: 5d6 = 20
Action 5: Fire Galactic Standard Pistol at Drone 1. Strike: 1d20+6 = 24 Damage: 5d6 = 23
Action 6: Fire Galactic Standard Pistol at Drone 1. Strike: 1d20+6 = 26 CRIT Damage: 5d6 = 14x2=28
Action 7: Maintain Body Field.

AutoDodge: 1d20+4 = 24CRIT1d20+4 = 151d20+4 = 151d20+4 = 24CRIT1d20+4 = 211d20+4 = 141d20+4 = 12

Contingency: If Drone 1 is taken down, he will switch targets to Drone 2.
Contingency 2: If Drones 1 and 2 are taken down, he will switch targets to the surveillance mechanism.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:58 pm

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1552
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Environment: somewhat dense atmo, high oxygen, ship interior
Location: In orbit around Chandrakant II, I.S.S. Vikelter

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

Grifter Stations
  • Pilot's Station: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot's Station: Cairo
  • EWO Station: Ryden
  • Crew Chief Station: Niall
  • (L1) Lima One Port Forward Turret (Lasers): Halko
  • (L2) Lima Two Port Aft Turret (Lasers): Simone
  • (R1) Romeo One: Starboard Forward Turret (Rail Guns): Rosseyn
  • (R2) Romeo Two Starboard Aft Turret (Rail Guns):

Ambient Sound of the Starship Interior (open in new tab & listen while you read)

Cairo nods to Simone, "Twitchy? Go handle the Drone things back there will ya?" He kneels next to the corpse of the fallen Danaus and turns it over. It's quickly apparent that the being is wearing nothing at all. Its shattered exoskeleton oozes greenish-orange ichor all over the deck from multiple blunt-force traumas. It's also quickly apparent that it has no equipment on its person whatsoever.

Niall, Simone, and Rosseyn have their hands full with the incredibly durable little drones. As Niall shoots, he curses. "Frakking bots--why do these aliens always use frakking bots and implants?" The hovering drones zip away in utter silence from the Arismal agression. They pursue the drones and, after repeated blasting and punching by the three Arismal, one of them is a wrecked heap of scrap on the deck plates. The other one is still flying, but is so battered that it looks like even a child's slingshot could bring it down, yet still it flies away.

Cairo asks Rosseyn, "Where's Halko and Brainiac? Did you send them back to the Grifter with those bots? R&D will be interested in the AI programming I'm sure. What did Brainiac find down that offshoot?"

Confident that someone's next shot will bring down the fleeing drone, Rosseyn turns to answer Cairo. "Not sure about Brainiac, but Backlash is trucking those bots back to the Grifter. Give us an edge against the Brushheads."

Nova gives some directions, his first is unstated but obvious: someone bring down that last drone. "Ego, Crash, you're with Fang. Continue scouting forward. Helbrecht, you're with me and Brainiac. I want to finish scouting behind us and then catch up with the others. You're our fastest bet." He knows that surveillance camera down the hall still needs tending as well. Cairo's other "idea" is left unresponded to...which is a deafening response in and of itself. The blast door far behind them finally finishes its cycle and the group sees their HUDs show the passageways are now filled with breathable air...a little more than what's comfortable, actually. Atmospheric pressure is about sixteen PSI, and a bit more oxygen rich than on an Arismal ship, but nothing life-threatening.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Notes: 1 square = 10'


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -496 to armor
Simone: -7 shots; -90 to armor's main body
Corrigon: -7 shots; -60 to armor's main body
Niall: -20 S.D.C. to armor's main body
Cairo: -175 personal S.D.C., -100 to helmet, Multi-optic & targeting HUD in helmet visor fried, -30 to armor's main body
Rosseyn: -5 shots; -50 to armor's main body, -1060 Force Field used
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5041
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:00 am

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 4 <-- Crit
JiC D20: 1d20 = 5
JiC D100: 1d100 = 93

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Force Disc

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1283/1450

==~==~==

Cairo looks up from the dead Danaus and catches sight of another of the large (3ft) spherical drones at the far end of the hall (to the East) and launches into flight like an arrow to grab hold of it and shove it into the nearest corner so that he can attempt to merge to it, *We need to find a way to gain access to something on this frakking ship and fighting things one at a time, step by step is just going to wear us down over time. We need information.*

If CJ is able to immobilize the drone and merge to it, he will seek to kill its anti-grav drive and identify any operative communications programs to stop transmissions.

Computer Operations [110+25% Linked)=135%]: 1d100 = 89 -- Check for maps
Computer Programming [100%]: 1d100 = 19 -- Usurp control [?]
Cyberjacking [95%]: 1d100 = 53 -- Usurp control [?]
Pilot: Personal Anti-Gravity Transportation [110%]: 1d100 = 9 -- Kill Anti-Grav


Initiative [+5 (+2 space)]: 1d20+5 = 17
APM 7 [(+1 space) (-1 disc)]: 7

1-2: Grab Drone-thing: EP Success [OOC: Force Disc can do 460 mph in Space]
4-7: Wrestle it into corner & try to Merge (+ skills as outlined above)

To dodge around corners @ speed if necessary or avoid other attacks ... Autododge [+9]: 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 21, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 15, 1d20+9 = 25
Last edited by Cairo on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:21 am

Perception ☞ 39% 1d100 = 29

JIC 1d20 = 6
1d100 = 80

Nova wrote:"Ego, Crash, you're with Fang. Continue scouting forward."


"Roger that." Noting that the corridor is now sealed to space, and repressurizing, Niall thinks At least we don't have catastrophic decompression as an immediate worry now.

Nova wrote:"Helbrecht, you're with me and Brainiac."


Niall smiles. "As fast as she ran into danger she should change her name to Hellbent." Niall follows Fang forward in pursuit of the last drone bot. If Fang, for whatever reason, cannot grab the thing, Niall will continue to blast it until it falls. If any other hostiles appear, he'll focus attacks on them, instead.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 10
APM: 6

Action 1: Blast flying bot/incoming hostiles 1d20+1 = 18; Damage 12d6 = 43
Action 2: Blast flying bot/incoming hostiles 1d20+1 = 12; Damage 12d6 = 50
Action 3: Blast flying bot/incoming hostiles 1d20+1 = 7; Damage 12d6 = 49
Action 4: Blast flying bot/incoming hostiles 1d20+1 = 20; Damage 12d6 = 44
Action 5: Reserved for dodge 1d20+3 = 9 (+2 additional if in melee range)
Action 6: Reserved for dodge 1d20+3 = 6 (+2 additional if in melee range)

Parries if needed: 1) 1d20+3 = 4; 2) 1d20+3 = 5; 3) 1d20+3 = 10; 4) 1d20+3 = 18; 5) 1d20+3 = 13; 6) 1d20+3 = 12

Otherwise, Niall will scout ahead as ordered, taking a position at the intersection near a wall and peering around corners to get the lay of the land.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:37 am

Perception Bonus 41% 1d100 = 85
JIC 1d100 = 85 1d20 = 11

As he checks the ammo capacity for the energy rifles, he sighs as he sees the limited ammo and no spare clips.

"I've got spare weapons, 3 energy rifles," he says to any of the others nearby, "but only got half clip left. Anybody checked out on them and want one?"

Any weapon that is not claimed by somebody, Corrigon slings it on his back. Can use it if desperate. Better than nothing and we might find an armoury later.

Rosseyn wrote:"Ego, Crash, you're with Fang. Continue scouting forward.


"Understood," Corrigon replies, as he brings his rifle up to bear. He maintains a combat posture, ready to shoot as he begins moving down the corridor.

With his enhanced eyesight and hearing, he looks and listens out any further reinforcements and for any transport vehicles that he could copy to help with any disguise.

combat notes
OOC Comments
If he needs to shoot an orb to the south rather than risk if spotted, pointed out or if nobody else says anything or if reinforcements arrive, he will take cover and open fire.
Attack 1 move down the hall
Attack 2 1d20+3 = 17 1d8*10 = 70
attack 31d20+3 = 6 1d8*10 = 20
attack 41d20+3 = 7 1d8*10 = 60
attack 5 1d20+3 = 11 1d8*10 = 50
attack 6 1d20+3 = 7 1d8*10 = 70

Auto dodge
1d20+5 = 13
1d20+5 = 20
1d20+5 = 22
1d20+5 = 7
1d20+5 = 13
1d20+5 = 23
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:33 am

For Corrigon to transfer to his sheet & allocate:

3x
Code: Select all
[b]Atorian Heavy Particle Beam Rifle[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/14/20170714231625-6788fc84.png[/img]
[size=85]• Range: 3600'
• Damage: 1D6x10
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 12 shots per E-clip[/size]
[color=#4000FF]6/12 shots remain[/color]


For transfer to Grifter cargo:

Code: Select all
[b]Atorian Combat Robot[/b] (Parts)
[size=85][b]Alignment:[/b] Artificial Intelligence [color=#FF0000]destroyed[/color]
[b]Attributes:[/b] PS: 25 (SH), PP: 20, SPD: 44
[b]Armor:[/b] [color=#FF0000]destroyed[/color]
[b]S.D.C.:[/b] [color=#FF0000]destroyed[/color]
[b]Size:[/b] 7', 500 lbs.
[b][u]Weapons:[/u][/b]
[b]Missile Launcher[/b] [color=#FF0000]destroyed[/color]
[b]Integrated Ion Blasters - Integrated in left arm[/b][list]
[*]Range: 480'
[*]Damage: 5D6+2
[*]Rate of Fire: Single shots only
[*]Payload: 24 blasts before required recharge [/list]
[b]Dual, Large, Retractable Vibroblades - Integrated in arms[/b][list]
[*]Damage: 6d6[/list][/size]
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5041
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:55 am

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Rosseyn wrote:"Ego, Crash, you're with Fang. Continue scouting forward."


*Well at least this way, when he calls for a retreat, I may be able to get a few more shots in, because this day I am bringing Tangarat's own judgement to this place ... Today I am going to drop one of these Brushheads for my Father, and a damn dozen for my Mother ... *.

Once he has grabbed hold of the drone and hopefully locked it down in a corner, he asks, "Ego, is that a Metal-form or Machine? Can you take on the form of one of their Security Droids? You've got one of their Rifles there right? ... Like what if you had us prisoner."

(CJ otherwise continues as set out above)
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:43 pm

Perception: 83%/1d100 = 5 - CRITICAL SUCCESS!
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 43

An easterly passageway seems to stop rather abruptly with a pair of what look like blast doors that have been very thoroughly fused shut, but it branches off before the fused doors into a southerly passageway. Ryden picks up an EM spike coming from the end of the main corridor in which is the rest of the team. Ryden quickly picks up that there's a notable scarcity of signage in the passageways and at intersections. On a normal sized ship, they're not exactly offensive in number like in a commercial district in a major city, but they're fairly ubiquitous. Given that this ship is the size of many respectable cities back on the homeworld, the relative scarcity of signage tells Ryden that something is very unusual about this ship. He does pick out one small sign in the imperial trade tongue that catches his eye as potentially being important. It simply reads "Transporter," and its placement seems to indicate that this transporter is further down the passageway "south" of his position.


He looks towards the welded shut double doors and marks them as a waypoint ("Possible shaft or sealed room"). As the team faces off against whatever is coming, Ryden moves forward slowly, keeping his weapon arms at the ready. He is recording everything, of course, and as long as he has signal from them, he is recording all of their inputs as well. But he is not actually focusing on them at all, but instead scanning for an augmented reality set up. The lack of signage suggests something strange. He sends a text message to their visors so as not to crowd their comm channels during combat. "Got signs of a transporter down here. Investigating. Also waypoint up for sealed doors. If you capture anyone, pull any glasses or visors and their radios."

Computer Hacking 93%/1d100 = 85 - To access any Augmented Reality - PASS!
Read Sensory Equipment 73%/1d100 = 62 - To be aware of anything my sensors or cameras show me - PASS!
Military: Electronic Warfare 83%/1d100 = 55 - To break any EW that is blocking access to the network so I can access Augmented Reality - PASS!
Cryptography 88%/1d100 = 86 - To figure out a way past any user access limits if I get into the network to access Augmented Reality - PASS!
Intelligence 69%/1d100 = 76 - Why would the Atorians build like this?? - FAIL!
Lore: Alien 73%/1d100 = 79 - Why would the Atorians make such weird choices in signage and design? - FAIL!
Detect Ambush 63%/1d100 = 26 - For obvious reasons - PASS!
Language: Imperial Trade Tongue (Les Iban) 108%/1d100 = 76 - Cause Reading - PASS!

Rolls if combat breaks out
Initiative: Original post: 1d20+10 = 23
Action 1: Shoot Bad Guys with left gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 21 Original post: 2d4 = 6x10=60 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 26
Action 2: Shoot Bad Guys with right gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 17 Original post: 2d4 = 4x10=40 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 26
Action 3: Shoot Bad Guys with left gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 12 Original post: 2d4 = 3x10=30 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 18
Action 4: Shoot Bad Guys with right gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 23 Original post: 2d4 = 8x10=80 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 16
Action 5: Shoot Bad Guys with left gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 23 (NAT 20!) Original post: 2d4 = 4x10=40x2=80 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 26
Action 6: Shoot Bad Guys with right gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 19 Original post: 2d4 = 5x10=50 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 12
Action 7: Shoot Bad Guys with left gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 16 Original post: 2d4 = 2x10=20 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 20
Action 8: Shoot Bad Guys with right gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 20 Original post: 2d4 = 5x10=50 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 14
Action 9: Shoot Bad Guys with left gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 26 (NAT 20!) Original post: 2d4 = 3x10=30x2=60 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 20
Action 10: Shoot Bad Guys with right gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 18 Original post: 2d4 = 7x10=70 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 13
Action 11: Shoot Bad Guys with left gun Original post: 1d20+6 = 9 Original post: 2d4 = 3x10=30 MD; Parry if Needed Original post: 1d20+10 = 22

Abort to dodge: Original post: 1d20+13 = 33, Original post: 1d20+13 = 25, Original post: 1d20+13 = 22, Original post: 1d20+13 = 15, Original post: 1d20+13 = 19, Original post: 1d20+13 = 26, Original post: 1d20+13 = 33, Original post: 1d20+13 = 25, Original post: 1d20+13 = 30, Original post: 1d20+13 = 23
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:37 pm

rolls carried

Cairo wrote:Once he has grabbed hold of the drone and hopefully locked it down in a corner, he asks, "Ego, is that a Metal-form or Machine? Can you take on the form of one of their Security Droids? You've got one of their Rifles there right? ... Like what if you had us prisoner."


Corrigon concentrates for a few seconds and nothing happens

"Wait a second, let me try something else." He reaches out and touches the drone on the head and concentrates again to no effect.

"No, I think I can only take this one form of robot.
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:10 am

Perception: 1d100 = 65/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 66


Satisfied that this commands have been heard, Nova begins making his way to Brainiac's position.
Ryden wrote:"Got signs of a transporter down here. Investigating. Also waypoint up for sealed doors. If you capture anyone, pull any glasses or visors and their radios."


When he gets to Brainiac, he says "So far just bots and one dead Danaus in the nude. What have you found over here. I want to get this area scouted and move on with the three of us to cover more ground. We'll signal for the others if it gets bad. I'll go first. Brainiac, you're secure in the middle. Hellbent, you take the rear." Nova walks forward with his galactic standard pistol drawn and keeps his eyes and senses out for trouble.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 20/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18; 1d100 = 81
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 5
Number of Attacks: 7

Action One: Charging Body Block at Drone #2. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 19; Damage: 1d4+54 = 58)
Action Two: Fire S.T.A.R. at Drone #2. (Strike: 1d20 = 16; Damage: 1d8*10 = 30)
Action Three: Fire S.T.A.R. at Drone #2. (Strike: 1d20 = 16; Damage: 1d8*10 = 60)
Action Four: Fire S.T.A.R. at Drone #2. (Strike: 1d20 = 15; Damage: 1d8*10 = 50)
Action Five: Fire S.T.A.R. at Drone #2. (Strike: 1d20 = 11; Damage: 1d8*10 = 50)
Action Six: Fire S.T.A.R. at Drone #2. (Strike: 1d20 = 13; Damage: 1d8*10 = 10)
Action Seven: Fire S.T.A.R. at Drone #2. (Strike: 1d20 = 9; Damage: 1d8*10 = 40)

Contingency: If Drone #2 dies and their are no other targets, she'll drag the drone back to the others.
If Another target becomes available, she shoot at them.

Parries as Needed: 1d20+13 = 17, 1d20+13 = 26, 1d20+13 = 18, 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 26, 1d20+13 = 16, 1d20+13 = 16.
Auto-Dodges as needed: 1d20+5 = 10, 1d20+5 = 6, 1d20+5 = 12, 1d20+5 = 25, 1d20+5 = 24, 1d20+5 = 6, 1d20+5 = 9.

Simone see's yet another Drone flying around and sighs. A million drones... not enough ammo. Simone thinks as she darts down the hall trying to smash the robot to bits. Simone switches to her borrowed rifle and fires a few rounds into it hoping to take it down quickly. "Do we have a plan?"
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:04 am

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1552
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Environment: somewhat dense atmo, high oxygen, ship interior
Location: In orbit around Chandrakant II, I.S.S. Vikelter

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

Grifter Stations
  • Pilot's Station: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot's Station: Cairo
  • EWO Station: Ryden
  • Crew Chief Station: Niall
  • (L1) Lima One Port Forward Turret (Lasers): Halko
  • (L2) Lima Two Port Aft Turret (Lasers): Simone
  • (R1) Romeo One: Starboard Forward Turret (Rail Guns): Rosseyn
  • (R2) Romeo Two Starboard Aft Turret (Rail Guns):

Ambient Sound of the Starship Interior (open in new tab & listen while you read)

Cairo, Corrigon & Niall
Cairo catches sight of another of the spherical drones, and launches after it. The sphere moves aft with alarming quickness. Cairo is forced to pursue, but he can tell that he's faster on his disc than the thing's A-G propulsion system. He undoes the gauntlets from his heavy armor and tosses them aside. They fly off of the force disc to be retrieved later. He catches sight of a terminal further down the starboard passageway, and another in a port side alcove right before catching up to the sphere. He notes another hovering drone in that same alcove, but of a different model. As he finally lunges for the sphere he catches sight of another drone moving slowly towards the intersection, toward his position. He transforms his hands into metallic tendrils as he wraps his arms around the spherical drone, and plunges his tendrils into it. His tendrils are forcibly repulsed by the artificial intelligence controlling the drone. He could feel the AI like a wave of force washing over his own extended consciousness. He's suddenly alert to the movements of the other two, far less passive drones as they orient towards him.
Image

Niall affirms Rosseyn's directive with a quick rogering out. Smiling, he quips, "As fast as she ran into danger, she should change her name to Hellbent." Niall slides in pursuit of Cairo, moving further starboard before heading aft. He too observes the appearance of a terminal at the end of the starboard passage, and what appear to be closed doors at the end of it.

Corrigon checks the ammo capacity for the energy rifles and sighs as he notes they're at half capacity and there were no spare E-clips on the combat bots. "I've got spare weapons, 3 energy rifles, but only got half clip left. Anybody checked out on them and want one?" Not hearing anything in the affirmative, and not wanting to burden himself, he leaves them in a pile beside the wreckage of one of the bots. He affirms Rosseyn's directive, readies a combat posture, and heads starboard after Cairo and Niall. He spots the closed metal doors at the end of the starboard passage as he rounds the corner to face aft. He catches sight of Niall's back, and Cairo even further aft.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Notes: 1 square = 10'


Simone
Simone sees yet another drone flying around and darts aft in pursuit. She leaps a bit in the air in a super fast approach, and smashes it into a port side bulkhead. It falls to the deck, smoking and ruined, its chassis dotted with scorch marks and riddled with holes from energy and projectile damage alike. Noting she's all alone at the end of this passage, she takes in her surroundings. The end of the passageway terminates in a round vestibule. The aft end of the vestibule is a set of metal double doors; no handles. There's a terminal along the starboard wall adjacent to the doors.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Notes: 1 square = 10'


Ryden & Rosseyn
Ryden records the double doors for future reference, and moves forward slowly and cautiously. There's no signal interference or activity suggesting an AR overlay or activity, and the lack of signage and its significance remains a puzzle to him. He ignores the spherical drone that's hovering nearby as he sends a text message to the team's HUDs:
    Code: Select all
    RYDEN: Got signs of a transporter down here. Investigating. Also way-point up for sealed doors. If you capture anyone, pull any glasses or visors and their radios.
As he proceeds cautiously aft, the drone also heads aft, maintaining a safe distance. In the far distance aft, he spots light reflected off the starboard bulkhead and has his sensors analyze it. It appears to be the light reflected by a lit terminal of some kind.

Satisfied that this commands have been heard, Rosseyn backtracks to Brainiac's position further to port. Finally reaching Ryden, he says, "So far just bots and one dead Danaus in the nude. What have you found over here. I want to get this area scouted and move on with the three of us to cover more ground. We'll signal for the others if it gets bad. I'll go first. Brainiac, you're secure in the middle. Hellbent..." Simone is nowhere to be seen. Rosseyn feels a set of electronic eyes watching himself and Ryden further aft of their current position.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Notes: 1 square = 10'


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -496 to armor
Simone: -7 shots; -90 to armor's main body
Corrigon: -7 shots; -60 to armor's main body
Niall: -20 S.D.C. to armor's main body
Cairo: -175 personal S.D.C., -100 to helmet, Multi-optic & targeting HUD in helmet visor fried, -30 to armor's main body
Rosseyn: -5 shots; -50 to armor's main body, -1060 Force Field used
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5041
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:25 pm

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 80
JiC D20: 1d20 = 15
JiC D100: 1d100 = 95

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Shadow Cloak [ALL Attackers are ½ bonuses to Strike/Parry/Dodge/Disarm/Entangle & ½ Initiative & Perception vs CJ, ½ Damage from Lasers, IMPERVIOUS to all Shadow-Attacks], Force Disc

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1283/1450

==~==~==

Finding his efforts to usurp control stymied, Cairo uses his 10ft tendrils to keep hold/control and then rams the droid into the corner with savage force, so he can kick at it while holding on and controlling it (theoretically). Should the thing be rendered inoperative, the PA Pilot turns and launches to grab hold of the other drone down the Port-side (W?) and attempt to merge with that.

*** Contingency: Should he successfully grab a 2nd Droid of alternate type he will try to Merge and usurp control of it.

He will avoid any incoming attacks he perceives as best he can via Autododge.

APM 7 [(+1 space)(-1 disc)]: 7
Initiative [+5 (+2 space)]: 1d20+7 = 12

1: Shove Drone-thing into Corner and pin it there 1d20+12 = 26, 3d6+32 = 42
2: Kick/knee 1d20+12 = 27, 3d6+32 = 46
3: Kick/knee 1d20+12 = 16, 3d6+32 = 41
4: Kick/knee 1d20+12 = 25, 3d6+32 = 37
5: Kick/knee 1d20+12 = 22, 3d6+32 = 41
6: Kick/knee 1d20+12 = 20, 3d6+32 = 46
7: Kick/knee 1d20+12 = 18, 3d6+32 = 39

*** Contingency: Substitute next attack for an EP grab of another drone IF 1st Drone is wrecked, followed by an attempt to Merge and usurp control.

Autododge [+9]: 1d20+9 = 18, 1d20+9 = 18, 1d20+9 = 18, 1d20+9 = 13, 1d20+9 = 20, 1d20+9 = 22, 1d20+9 = 19
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Wed May 01, 2019 6:14 am

Perception ☞ 39% 1d100 = 25 (SUCCESS)

JIC 1d20 = 19
1d100 = 57

Niall engages the Drone nearest him using energy blasts, and will try to keep the corner between it and him. failing that, he'll keep distance betweent he two so he can more effectively dodge. He'll let Cairo know about the Drone between their positions.

"Bogey here, Fang." With that, he'll target the drone with powerful blasts from his hands until it is rendered inert. These frakking brushheads have these damn bots everywhere? Bots and slaves. Niall thinks in disgust.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 15
APM: 6

Action 1: Blast flying bot/incoming hostiles 1d20+1 = 18; Damage 12d6 = 42
Action 2: Blast flying bot/incoming hostiles 1d20+1 = 13; Damage 12d6 = 37
Action 3: Blast flying bot/incoming hostiles 1d20+1 = 2 (Nat. 1!); Damage 12d6 = 45
Action 4: Blast flying bot/incoming hostiles 1d20+1 = 2 (Nat. 1!); Damage 12d6 = 48
Action 5: Reserved for dodge 1d20+3 = 9 (+2 additional if in melee range)
Action 6: Reserved for dodge 1d20+3 = 13 (+2 additional if in melee range)

Parries if needed: 1) 1d20+3 = 16; 2) 1d20+3 = 4; 3) 1d20+3 = 12; 4) 1d20+3 = 5; 5) 1d20+3 = 14; 6) 1d20+3 = 17
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Thu May 02, 2019 10:06 am

Perception: 1d100 = 27/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 7; 1d100 = 11
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.

Break in case of Combat:
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 24
Number attacks: 7

Action One: Fire S.T.A.R. at target. (Strike: 1d20 = 17; Damage: 1d8*10 = 50)
Action Two: Fire S.T.A.R. at target. (Strike: 1d20 = 2; Damage: 1d8*10 = 10)
Action Three: Fire S.T.A.R. at target. (Strike: 1d20 = 17; Damage: 1d8*10 = 80)
Action Four: Fire S.T.A.R. at target. (Strike: 1d20 = 6; Damage: 1d8*10 = 70)
Action Five: Fire S.T.A.R. at target. (Strike: 1d20 = 10; Damage: 1d8*10 = 30)
Action Six: Fire S.T.A.R. at target. (Strike: 1d20 = 11; Damage: 1d8*10 = 40)
Action Seven: Fire S.T.A.R. at target. (Strike: 1d20 = 18; Damage: 1d8*10 = 60)

Parries as Needed: 1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 18, 1d20+13 = 28, 1d20+13 = 26, 1d20+13 = 18, 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 30.
Auto-Dodge: 1d20+5 = 19, 1d20+5 = 8, 1d20+5 = 13, 1d20+5 = 14, 1d20+5 = 20, 1d20+5 = 23, 1d20+5 = 23.



Simone smiles at the wreckage of the drone before her. Done with that. She turns back the way she came from. Moving to position. Simone moves back up the hall and takes position as she's been instructed to, keeping a watchful eye out for things that need securing. I sure hope we get some manner of break, because if we have to move around the ship fighting all of their robots, it's going to be a very long day. Simone thinks to herself as she shoulders her S.T.A.R. and looks down it's iron sight.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Sat May 04, 2019 11:29 am

Perception: 1d100 = 75/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 18

While waiting for word from Brainiac about what he's found, Nova decides to act on the surveillance happening down the hall. "More eyes. Be right back. I expect details when I'm back."

Nova heads down the hall to get in range of the surveillance technology and fires bullets at it until he doesn't sense it anymore.

Bullet Time
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 12
Action 1: Strike: 1d20+6 = 7. Damage: 5d6 = 14
Action 2: Strike: 1d20+6 = 12. Damage: 5d6 = 15
Action 3: Strike: 1d20+6 = 24. Damage: 5d6 = 17
Action 4: Strike: 1d20+6 = 21. Damage: 5d6 = 23
Action 5: Strike: 1d20+6 = 17. Damage: 5d6 = 15
Action 6: Strike: 1d20+6 = 15. Damage: 5d6 = 20

Contingency: If the camera breaks, Rosseyn will stop firing at it and head back to his group.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Sun May 05, 2019 2:13 pm

Perception 41% 1d100 = 65
JIC 1d100 = 80 1d20 = 5

currently active
OOC Comments
Nightvision with a range of 2000 feet (610 m). His cybernetic hearing lets the character hear a whisper at up to 200 feet (61.5 m) away


They seem to have everything under control he thinks but we are strung out over this deck and if they come up behind, we are cut off and split up.

"Do you need me for anything?" Corrigon asks over the comms, "got a set of locked doors at the end of the starboard corridor. Maintaining position in case of reinforcements if not needed.

Presuming that the others have everything under control, Corrigon uses his enhanced hearing to listen out for anything that is not the squad. His nightvision means he can see all the way down the corridor without a problem.

OOC Comments
Detect Ambush 57% 1d100 = 21
Prowl 62% 1d100 = 43 remain concealed in case of attack
Literacy: Other Imperial Trade Tongue (Les Iban) 52% 1d100 = 29 Translate any signs he may spot

Auto dodge
1d20+5 = 14
1d20+5 = 17
1d20+5 = 17
1d20+5 = 11
1d20+5 = 19
1d20+5 = 20
1d20+5 = 19
1d20+5 = 8

JIC - if reinforcements arrive and he is spotted
APM 6
Initiative 1d20+2 = 3
Attack 1 1d20+3 = 5 1d8*10 = 60
Attack 2 1d20+3 = 7 1d8*10 = 70
Attack 3 1d20+3 = 7 1d8*10 = 60
Attack 4 1d20+3 = 5 1d8*10 = 20

As needed, Corrigon will intersperse fire with a fighting withdrawal to regroup with Niall and Cairo
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Sun May 05, 2019 4:14 pm

Perception: 83%/1d100 = 32
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 43

Perplexed by the lack of AR and signs, the drone takes Ryden by surprise even as Nova springs into action. His first action is to figure out how it's communicating, then to jam it's communications. Then he raises his arms and wastes the drone. "Contact! Sensor drone in corridor to suspected teleportation center. Moving to disable."

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 24
Action 1: Look for communication node and whether its radio (like a wireless signal, or high frequency radio link-up) or laser. Electrical Engineer 73%/(EP Crit Success)
Action 2: Jam its radio communication with a white noise burst (that excludes whatever our comms are rotated to at this moment, and changes when our encryption scheme does) Radio: Basic 118%/(EP Crit Success)
Action 3: Shoot a comm laser at its laser comm port and fill it full of trash data. Laser Communication 73%/(EP Crit Success)
Action 4: Shoot Drone with right gun 1d20+6 = 8 2d4 = 7x10=70 SDC; Parry if Needed 1d20+10 = 15
Action 5: Shoot Drone with left gun 1d20+6 = 12 2d4 = 4x10=40 SDC; Parry if Needed 1d20+10 = 28
Action 6: Shoot Drone with right gun 1d20+6 = 8 2d4 = 3x10=30 SDC; Parry if Needed 1d20+10 = 26
Action 7: Shoot Drone with left gun 1d20+6 = 18 2d4 = 8x10=80 SDC; Parry if Needed 1d20+10 = 30 (NAT 20)
Action 8: Shoot Drone with right gun 1d20+6 = 23 2d4 = 6x10=60 SDC; Parry if Needed 1d20+10 = 28
Action 9: Shoot Drone with left gun 1d20+6 = 11 2d4 = 5x10=50 SDC; Parry if Needed 1d20+10 = 29
Action 10: Shoot Drone with right gun 1d20+6 = 12 2d4 = 4x10=40 SDC; Parry if Needed 1d20+10 = 11
Action 11: Shoot Drone with left gun 1d20+6 = 21 2d4 = 3x10=30 SDC; Parry if Needed 1d20+10 = 16


Abort to dodge: 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 14, 1d20+13 = 32, 1d20+13 = 30, 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 26, 1d20+13 = 26, 1d20+13 = 33 (NAT 20), 1d20+13 = 17
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sun May 05, 2019 5:13 pm

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: Day 55, 1553
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Environment: somewhat dense atmo, high oxygen, ship interior
Location: In orbit around Chandrakant II, I.S.S. Vikelter

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

Grifter Stations
  • Pilot's Station: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot's Station: Cairo
  • EWO Station: Ryden
  • Crew Chief Station: Niall
  • (L1) Lima One Port Forward Turret (Lasers): Halko
  • (L2) Lima Two Port Aft Turret (Lasers): Simone
  • (R1) Romeo One: Starboard Forward Turret (Rail Guns): Rosseyn
  • (R2) Romeo Two Starboard Aft Turret (Rail Guns):

Ambient Sound of the Starship Interior (open in new tab & listen while you read)

Cairo, Corrigon & Niall
Cairo whips the spherical drone into the dead-end corner of the intersection and proceeds to kick the crap out of it with his tremendous strength. A massive series of explosive concussions blasts Cairo from behind, throwing him and the drone into the corner even more forcefully than he intended. Being grappled with the spherical drone is both a blessing and a curse as he's able to quite effectively deliver full-force blows to the thing with little fear of being evaded, but the same goes both ways and he finds the drone to be cutting away at him with some sort of laser torch as he smashes it to bits. From the corner of his eye he can see the drone that's fore of his position being blasting at him with some kind of energy weapon and successfully evades the first two blasts with nimble juking, but the following two seem to account for his maneuvers and strike true. Meanwhile, he feels the blasts from directly behind him are having their intended effect. He knows his armor must be deflecting some of the destruction, but when his HUD goes dark and he hears and feels the seals breach, he knows his armor's lost integrity, and is far less an effective means of protection. His sixth kick delivers the coup de grâce, and the round machine clatters to the deck plates a smoking, smashed ruin.

Corrigon asks over the comms, "Do you need me for anything? Got a set of locked doors at the end of the starboard corridor. Maintaining position in case of reinforcements if not needed." Hearing a series of explosions from down the aft passageway, his eyes widen and he rushes in that direction coming up behind Niall.

"Bogey here, Fang," Niall radios. As he's drawing his exposed fist up to blast it, he sees it move silently sideways into the passageway and let fly four writing utensil sized rockets which detonate all at once across Cairo's left side. A split second later, he sees a similar cascade of explosions engulf Cairo from behind as well. Blue-white bolts of energy then begin to pour forth from the drone at Cairo and a similar stream follows from the passage behind Cairo as well. Niall targets the nearby drone and blasts it twice before his nerves ruin his aim and his next two expulsions of energy come damn close to blasting CJ instead of the drone between them. He hears heavy footsteps behind him and is about ready to release more energy when he notes it's just Corrigon catching up to him.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Notes: 1 square = 10'



Ryden, Rosseyn, & Simone
Rosseyn calls out to Ryden nearby, "More eyes. Be right back. I expect details when I'm back." He then rushes aft to get his alien weapon in range of his Arismal senses.

Ryden calls out over the group's comm freq, "Contact! Sensor drone in corridor to suspected teleportation center. Moving to disable." He spies what looks very much like a stub antenna jutting from the top-rear of the spherical drone. The stub is small, but looks very complex, so he assumes it's a multi-band antenna. It also looks articulated, so is likely capable of directional laser comms as well. He then unloads on the now-fleeing drone with blasts from the Duskhound's main weapon. His ninth shot wastes the drone with a few shots going wide. What's left is a smoldering heap near the end of the passageway.

Rosseyn's third shot strikes true and a small, smoking hole is all that he senses where once he felt electronic eyes upon himself.

Simone radios, "Moving to position," then runs like a grey streak back the way they came before taking a sharp turn aft and coming to a screeching halt as her metal-shod boots grate against the surface of the deck plates.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Notes: 1 square = 10'


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -496 to armor
Simone: -7 shots; -90 to armor's main body
Corrigon: -7 shots; -60 to armor's main body
Niall: -20 S.D.C. to armor's main body
Cairo: -175 personal S.D.C., -100 to helmet, -296 to Main Body Armor [all features disabled]
Rosseyn: -5 shots; -50 to armor's main body, -1060 Force Field used
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5041
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun May 05, 2019 9:35 pm

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 4 <--- Crit
JiC D20: 1d20 = 19
JiC D100: 1d100 = 95

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Force Disc

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1283/1450

==~==~==~==~==~==

CJ perceives the many impacts from other drones followed up by Crash's trademark dry-lightning singing the wall nearby, "Crash! Aim better. Ego, do something!" He spins, nerves sparking like a frayed wire as 1 hand merges to an energy-club and the other hurls wrecked not-so-spherical drone down the hallway at the drone not engaged by Crash. The Pilot's shifts and jukes unpredictably as he then launches down the hallway, *1 down, I will take this other one, those two can handle the last together or are least keep it busy so I can try to narrow the field.*

When he reaches the Drone the others do not have an angle on (id'd below), Cairo will remain in motion trying to create angles so he can attempt to strike it in either an engine or a wing. If there is any maintenance, access-port, or other apparent method, CJ will forego 1 attack to try and Merge and usurp control on the chance that this thing might not have an independent AI. If any further drones or opponents become apparent, CJ will seek to positioned himself with partial cover to avoid a repeat of last round.

05.05.19.B.png
05.05.19.B.png (82.72 KiB) Viewed 1538 times


** If no opportunity to Merge seems possible, and an opportunity presents itself, CJ will grab the stupid thing and shove it so that the apparent forward-mounted weapons are aimed into a corner and away from him.

He will avoid (up to 2) incoming attacks as best he can via affirmative Dodges, then rely on Autododge (unless parry is appropriate (blades etc.), then he will parry).

APM 7 [(+1 space)(-1 disc)]: 7
Initiative [+5 (+2 space)]: 1d20+7 = 11

1-2: Hurl wrecked (300lb) Sphere-Drone down the hallway at the other Drone (target highlighted) EP Strike, (18d6*2)+32 = 112
3: Move down Hallway and Pursue/Strike Drone in either an engine or a wing with Energy Club: 1d20+15 = 35, 3d6+35 = 46*2= 92 Damage.
4: Pursue/Strike Drone in either an engine or a wing with Energy Club: 1d20+15 = 34, 3d6+35 = 46 Damage.
5: Pursue/Strike Drone in either an engine or a wing with Energy Club: 1d20+15 = 18, 3d6+35 = 45 Damage.
6: Pursue/Strike Drone in either an engine or a wing with Energy Club: 1d20+15 = 25, 3d6+35 = 41 Damage.
7: Pursue/Strike Drone in either an engine or a wing with Energy Club: 1d20+15 = 31, 3d6+35 = 39 Damage.

*** Contingency: Substitute attack for an EP grab of drone IF there is an apparent place to potentially Merge (which he will then try to do).

Dodge [+15]: 1d20+15 = 16, 1d20+15 = 16 ((Ouch))

Parry [+17]: 1d20+17 = 20, 1d20+17 = 24, 1d20+17 = 34, 1d20+17 = 31, 1d20+17 = 35, 1d20+17 = 18, 1d20+17 = 24

Autododge [+9]: 1d20+9 = 19, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 20, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 22, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 12

"Disregard due to edit"
2: Pursue/Strike Drone in either an engine or a wing with Energy Club: 1d20+15 = 33, 3d6+35 = 48 Damage.
Last edited by Cairo on Sun May 12, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon May 06, 2019 6:33 am

Perception ☞ 39% 1d100 = 94

JIC 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 37

Fang wrote:"Crash! Aim better. Ego, do something!"


Niall rolls his eyes and continues firing. I'm not the idiot who flew past hostiles. Get your shit together, Fang. If his primary target goes down he will fire at any other target that presents itself.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 19
APM: 6

Action 1: Blast flying bot/incoming hostiles 1d20+1 = 16; Damage 12d6 = 41
Action 2: Blast flying bot/incoming hostiles 1d20+1 = 20; Damage 12d6 = 44
Action 3: Blast flying bot/incoming hostiles 1d20+1 = 19; Damage 12d6 = 47
Action 4: Blast flying bot/incoming hostiles 1d20+1 = 17; Damage 12d6 = 47
Action 5: Reserved for dodge 1d20+3 = 19 (+2 additional if in melee range)
Action 6: Reserved for dodge 1d20+3 = 20 (+2 additional if in melee range)

Parries if needed: 1) 1d20+3 = 20; 2) 1d20+3 = 12; 3) 1d20+3 = 13; 4) 1d20+3 = 16; 5) 1d20+3 = 18; 6) 1d20+3 = 23
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Sat May 11, 2019 12:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 52/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16; 1d100 = 39
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor

Simone keeps pace with the decidedly slower members of the SOG. Simone not being a particularly well trained commando, she doesn't keep her rifle trained on anything in particular. Wonder what the boss is thinking. what is the mission save crippling this beast. Simone thinks as she trots behind the duo.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Sun May 12, 2019 11:02 am

Perception 1d100 = 49
JIC 1d100 = 31 1d20 = 11

Cairo wrote:"Crash! Aim better. Ego, do something!"


"You do realise our flank is completely exposed right now." Corrigon retorts, as he checks behind him, "excuse me for not wanting us to get cut off."

However, as they are under attack, Corrigon opens fire on any drone that comes into view, trying not to emulate Niall and shoot Cairo despite how appealing that is at times.

OOC Comments
If there is a drone not in melee or it comes out of melee, Corrigon will take an aimed shot to ensure that he does not hit any of the others.

Initiative 1d20+2 = 19

Attacks 1-2 1d20+5 = 15 1d8*10 = 80
Attacks 3-4 1d20+5 = 11 1d8*10 = 50
Attacks 5-6 1d20+5 = 19 1d8*10 = 40

Autododge
1d20+5 = 20
1d20+5 = 14
1d20+5 = 23
1d20+5 = 25
1d20+5 = 6
1d20+5 = 23
1d20+5 = 13
1d20+5 = 20
1d20+5 = 19
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Mon May 13, 2019 7:53 pm

Perception: 83%/1d100 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 56

"Tango down," He calls over the radio as he moves forward and brings his weapons up ready to rain hell on whatever happens to be between him and the teleport station. He moves to get to said station quickly. He ceases his jamming as quickly as it came. With only five or ten seconds burst of interference, it might not be thought of as anything but a momentary stutter in communication. Or it'd be recognized for what it is, but at least the others were making noise too, and this might not be as noticed. "Moving to secure terminal." With that he moves to ensure its under arismal control.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Tue May 14, 2019 9:13 am

Perception: 1d100 = 74/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 28

Conditions
ADF Standard Armor:
  • Main Body: 150/200
  • Helmet: 100/100
  • Left Arm: 100/100
  • Right Arm: 100/100
  • Left Leg: 150/150
  • Right Leg: 150/150
  • A.R.: 16
Force Armor:
  • 200/200
Force Field SDC:
  • 1340/2400
Galactic Standard Pistol:
  • Ammo: 10/15


"Good work Brainiac. Eyes are disabled. Let's move forward. Once we secure this teleportation station, I want some schematics of this vessel. I want to know where to strike and what we are up against. Anything that might give us some clues about where the 2nd is." Nova keeps his pistol at the ready and takes the lead, recreating his force armor (-200 FF SDC). He heads around the corner, looking for anything that might be a terminal for Brainiac to jack into, more surveillance or an active combatant they need to fire upon.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Tue May 14, 2019 6:15 pm

(rolls held)
Terminal Access Rolls
Computer Programming 113%/1d100 = 14 - to gain access to the terminal - PASS
Computer Hacking 93%/1d100 = 19 - to gain as high of user rights as possible (preferrably network wide, but I'll take machine or local network admin too) - PASS
Cryptography 88%/1d100 = 16 - to break any passwords or cyphers - PASS
Electrical Engineer 73%/1d100 = 19 - How is this attached and how does it communicate? - PASS
Language: Imperial Trade Tongue (Les Iban) 108%/1d100 = 8 - Speakinse Ibanales? - PASS
Literacy: Imperial Trade Tongue (Les Iban) 78%/1d100 = 75 - Readinse Ibanales? - PASS
Research 108%/1d100 = 71 - What the frack is going on!? Where are we?! Who's around? - PASS
Intelligence 69%/1d100 = 5 - What the frack is going on!? Where are we?! Who's around? - PASS

"Roger that Nova. I'll need cover when I exit my suit to get the intel. I'll leave it running for a quick reentry though." If they are free of hostiles, Ryden will exit his power armor in front of the terminal once they get to it. If a threat is encountered, Ryden will instead open fire on the threat.

Contingent Attack Action
Initiative: 1d20+10 = 21
Action 1: Strike: 1d20+6 = 23, 2d4 = 3x10=30 S.D.C., Parry 1d20+10 = 22, Dodge 1d20+13 = 22
Action 2: Strike: 1d20+6 = 8, 2d4 = 8x10=80 S.D.C., Parry 1d20+10 = 20, Dodge 1d20+13 = 25
Action 3: Strike: 1d20+6 = 21, 2d4 = 7x10=70 S.D.C., Parry 1d20+10 = 27, Dodge 1d20+13 = 29
Action 4: Strike: 1d20+6 = 11, 2d4 = 6x10=60 S.D.C., Parry (NAT 20!) 1d20+10 = 30, Dodge 1d20+13 = 21
Action 5: Strike: 1d20+6 = 20, 2d4 = 7x10=70 S.D.C., Parry 1d20+10 = 11, Dodge 1d20+13 = 16
Action 6: Strike: 1d20+6 = 24, 2d4 = 5x10=50 S.D.C., Parry 1d20+10 = 15, Dodge 1d20+13 = 21
Action 7: Strike: 1d20+6 = 24, 2d4 = 7x10=70 S.D.C., Parry 1d20+10 = 11, Dodge 1d20+13 = 18
Action 8: Strike: 1d20+6 = 18, 2d4 = 5x10=50 S.D.C., Parry 1d20+10 = 24, Dodge 1d20+13 = 32
Action 9: Strike: 1d20+6 = 25, 2d4 = 6x10=60 S.D.C., Parry 1d20+10 = 23, Dodge 1d20+13 = 32
Action 10: Strike: 1d20+6 = 25, 2d4 = 7x10=70 S.D.C., Parry 1d20+10 = 19, Dodge 1d20+13 = 31
Action 11: Strike: 1d20+6 = 19, 2d4 = 5x10=50 S.D.C., Parry 1d20+10 = 25, Dodge 1d20+13 = 25
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Wed May 15, 2019 5:10 pm

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: 1304 I.R., Day 55, 1557
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Environment: somewhat dense atmo, high oxygen, ship interior
Location: In orbit around Chandrakant II, I.S.S. Vikelter

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

Grifter Stations
  • Pilot's Station: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot's Station: Cairo
  • EWO Station: Ryden
  • Crew Chief Station: Niall
  • (L1) Lima One Port Forward Turret (Lasers): Halko
  • (L2) Lima Two Port Aft Turret (Lasers): Simone
  • (R1) Romeo One: Starboard Forward Turret (Rail Guns): Rosseyn
  • (R2) Romeo Two Starboard Aft Turret (Rail Guns):

Ambient Sound of the Starship Interior (open in new tab & listen while you read)

Cairo, Niall, and Corrigon
The strain of battle begins to take a toll on the group and tempers begin to flair. As Cairo perceives some "friendly" fire he snaps in the heat of battle, "Crash! Aim better. Ego, do something!" Niall hears him and rolls his eyes in annoyance. Corrigon reminds him that he is not alone and may not see everything with a quick reply.

"You do realize our flank is completely exposed right now." Corrigon retorts, as he checks behind him, "Excuse me for not wanting us to get cut off." Their brief squabble is cut off by the realization that they are not out of the woods yet. The men spring into action.

Niall takes a shot at the drone in the hall in front of him and hits his target in spite of the drone's attempt to dodge the weapons fire. Corrigan takes aim on the target. Niall takes another blast at the drone, another successful hit. Seemingly disoriented the drone starts to spin a bit off to the side as Corrigon pulls the trigger and hits the drone. The hit causes the drone to break apart as it crashes to the deck. Down the hall, Niall and Corrigon see remnants of a drone fly across the passageway, shortly followed by Cairo wielding an energy club.

Cairo throws the already destroyed drone at the one down the corridor in front of him, inflicting significant damage. The drone fires back but misses. The drone fires at Cairo again. Still on his heals a little from tossing the drone down the hall, Cairo tries to get out of the way of incoming fire but fails. It was a small hit but enough damage to finish his armor off. Cairo flies down the passageway toward the drone like a madman with an energy club poised to mangle the drone. He swings, makes contact, and smashes it down the length of the remainder of the passageway. It hits the deck and slides into the wall coming to a stop and showing no sign of functioning.

With all the drones taken down the passageway seems rather quiet. The question of the day, which direction do they go? Over the radio the group hears Ryden say, "Tango down, moving to secure terminal," then silence.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Notes: 1 square = 10'


Rosseyn, Ryden, Simone
Ryden calls over the radio,"Tango down, Moving to secure terminal." He raises his Duskhound's dual rail guns and heads toward the secure terminal. Simone follows behind silently watching the corridor for any new surprises. Nova Replies, "Good work, Brainiac. Eyes are disabled. Let's move forward. Once we secure this teleportation station, I want some schematics of this vessel. I want to know where to strike and what we are up against. Anything that might give us some clues about where the second is."

Ryden acknowledges the team lead's direction, "Roger that Nova." The trio make their way to the station, and as Ryden prepares to exit his power armor, he reminds Rosseyn, "I'll need cover when I exit my suit to get the intel. I'll leave it running for a quick reentry though." Ryden takes the time to exit his Duskhound, and walks to the terminal, thankful that the brush-heads are of comparable stature to the Arismal so that he wouldn't be straining to reach the terminal. He gets the gist of the language on the sparse number of keys, analyzes the terminal mount itself (inset wall mount, seamless & flush with the bulkhead), and tries to gain access. Pale blue-white Atorian characters flash on the screen which, when translated, read: Unauthorized Access Type. Subsequent keystrokes have no effect but to make a peculiar moon-shaped icon next to the denial message shrink like a moon being eclipsed. Now really curious, he does another examination of the terminal and notes a seemingly featureless and functionless pad made of a semi-porous synthetic material at the very bottom right of the terminal. His mind clicks through the various possible uses for such a feature before the answer settles into place: this terminal is DNA-locked.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Notes: 1 square = 10'


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -496 to armor
Simone: -7 shots; -90 to armor's main body
Corrigon: -7 shots; -60 to armor's main body
Niall: -20 S.D.C. to armor's main body
Cairo: -175 personal S.D.C., -100 to helmet, Main Body Armor Destroyed [all features disabled]
Rosseyn: -5 shots; -50 to armor's main body, -1060 Force Field used
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5041
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Thu May 16, 2019 9:55 am

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 51
JiC D20: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: 1d100 = 48

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Force Disc

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1283/1450

==~==~==~==~==~==

Corrigon wrote:"You do realise our flank is completely exposed right now." Corrigon retorts, as he checks behind him, "excuse me for not wanting us to get cut off."


As Ego decides to actually start firing Cairo muses, *He is what he is. All-Father Altas grant me strength, patience, and luck.*

CJ hurls 1 drone into another, then finishes it off as his ruined heavy-armor gives up the ghost. He calls out "Clear!" so that Crash and Ego have a status (as the gunfire from Ego's STAR ceases) and checks for readings and radio but finds nothing working. Next Cairo reaches in under the helmet and adjusts his HUD goggles where he finds Brainiac's message:

    Code: Select all
    RYDEN: Got signs of a transporter down here. Investigating. Also way-point up for sealed doors. If you capture anyone, pull any glasses or visors and their radios.

He sends back a short update/response as he walks down the hallway to inspect the 2 Drones he just trashed:
    Code: Select all
    CJ: Radio out.  Runners down.  How's your Transporter inspection?

Kneeling down Cairo holsters his Energy Clubs and begins to turn over and inspect each of the drones, first shifting visually across the EM spectrum (any radiation leaks? Any sign of power still running even though the rest if it's function is out?) ... by using his Spectrum Vision power, and second looking for an access/diagnostic port.

All of the following are for examination of the Droids, to: 1) locate a access point to Merge, and 2) determine if there is anything useful (weapons, power core, explosives since they seem to be firing missiles)
    Basic Electronics -- 105% : 1d100 = 61
    General Repair and Maintenance -- 105% : 1d100 = 16
    Field Armorer -- 110% : 1d100 = 96
    Basic Mechanics -- 105% : 1d100 = 94
    Salvage -- 90% : 1d100 = 4
    Read Sensory Equipment -- 100% [+25% When Linked] : 1d100 = 79
    Weapon Systems -- 110%: 1d100 = 99

*Alright you Brushhead scrapheaps, time to give up some damn Intell.*

If he is able to locate any port or access method he will Merge to see what he is able to find/locate (in the following order: 1) Ship Map, 2) Radio or Communications Frequencies, 3) Armory/Weapons Locker Locations, 4) Security Codes and Password s/Phrases ... Since the bug Guy had No tech):

    Computer Operations -- 110% [+25% When Linked] : 1d100 = 54
    Cyberjacking -- 95% [+25% When Linked]: 1d100 = 63
    Computer Hacking -- 85%: 1d100 = 15

If CJ is able to locate any useful info, he will sprout a biomechanical (Merge) tentacle into his backpack to access his Hacking Computer so he has somewhere to upload data/maps/etc.

*** If he finds nothing useful in/on/within the 2 drones, CJ will grab 1 in each hand and walk back to where he incapacitated the 2nd Sphere-Droid and drop them for Crash to look over (should he be inclined).
Cairo then examines the double doors at the end of the Hall.
Last edited by Cairo on Fri May 17, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Thu May 16, 2019 10:27 am

Perception ☞ 39% 1d100 = 63 (FAIL)

JIC 1d20 = 1 (Nat. 1!)
1d100 = 26

Ryden wrote:"Tango down, Moving to secure terminal."


Fang wrote:"Clear!"


Niall breathes a sigh of relief, knowing both teams are out of immediate danger. He radios back. "Sound off if wounded."

If he sees Cairo carrying disable drones, he arches an eyebrow. "Not planning to build a scrap-bot army are you? We already have one brushhead bot we have no use for." He smiles despite his typical Arismal distaste for robotics.

Should CJ indicate that he'd like to plumb the robot's programming for useful intel, Niall will shrug and have a go at it. "I'm not a hacker but I'll see if there's any accessible data." Niall will look for audio/video data as well as other data, assuming they could create a map of sorts by triangulating what they find.

Niall Zeddeus robo psychiatrist
Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 102% 1d100 = 10 (to determine how best to access the data - SUCCESS)
Computer Operation ☞ 106% 1d100 = 40 (SUCCESS)
Computer Programming ☞ 86% 1d100 = 15 (to approximate a programming hack to get the data, if necessary - SUCCESS)
Computer Repair ☞ 81% 1d100 = 52 (To do a hardware hack if necessary, i.e., remove the memory core - SUCCESS)
Electrical Engineer ☞ 96% 1d100 = 68 (if needed - SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 96% 1d100 = 70 (To interpret any data retrieved - SUCCESS)
Intelligence ☞ 80% 1d100 = 24 (to interpret any data retrieved - SUCCESS)


He then examines the access panel by the double doors. We need to join back up with the others at some point. He takes out his electronics tools, pops the access panel cover, and works to open the door.

Before he opens the door, he looks to Ego and Fang. "Ready?" If they are prepped for any possible encounter, Niall triggers the door mechanism.

Niall Zeddeus doorman
Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 102% 1d100 = 84 (SUCCESS)
Electrical Engineer ☞ 96% 1d100 = 34 (SUCCESS)
Mechanical Engineer ☞ 86% 1d100 = 77 (if necessary - SUCCESS)
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Thu May 16, 2019 12:33 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Niall wrote:If he sees Cairo carrying disable drones, he arches an eyebrow. "Not planning to build a scrap-bot army are you? We already have one brushhead bot we have no use for." He smiles despite his typical Arismal distaste for robotics.


With a gesture at his near-shattered chest-plate Cairo laughs, "Recycling isn't all bad, and it would be good to have minions to send in and absorb a few shots for us. We may not always have you around to Medic ... I was mostly hoping we could pry some useful codes or Intell off its hard drive though ... or an AG-drive that could be integrated into say ... a Wardog."

Niall wrote:Should CJ indicate that he'd like to plumb the robot's programming for useful intel, Niall will shrug and have a go at it. "I'm not a hacker but I'll see if there's any accessible data."


"Ok. Did you get into the room the other Drone was near?" Once he gets a response, the PA Pilot backtracks a few moments to find his dropped gauntlets and shove them into his backpack. And rejoin Ego and Niall.

Niall wrote:Before he opens the door, he looks to Ego and Fang. "Ready?" If they are prepped for any possible encounter, Niall triggers the door mechanism.


CJ will create a new Force Disc and merge himself to an Energy-Club and hold it at the ready before nodding, "Sure"
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Thu May 16, 2019 12:57 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Cairo wrote:"...or an AG-drive that could be integrated into say ... a Wardog."



Niall gets an amused look in his eye. He looks around at the scattered drone debris. "You really want a flying Wardog? I'm sure we can cobble something together. Grab as many of these drones as we can on our way out of here, and I'll pillage any useful A/G systems from them in the safety of the Stilletto."

Cairo wrote:"Ok. Did you get into the room the other Drone was near?"


Niall shakes his head. "I thought you saw I was otherwise occupied." He smiles. "Sorry about that, by the way. But I'm sure I can crack the door one way or another."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Thu May 16, 2019 1:21 pm

Perception: 83%/1d100 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 48

"Frack me. Nova, we've got a DNA lock here. You said you guys took down a drone back there? Any chance they can bring it down here? Maybe we can fool the sensor and get us in. Wait, got a text from Fang, I'll reply to him and ask him to bring the drone you mentioned."
CJ's Text message wrote:Radio out. Runners down. How's your Transporter inspection?

Ryden replies in kind. Got a DNA lock on the transportation terminal. Got any breathing or at least still warm enemy personnel? If so double time to our position with them, please. He adds a waypoint to the team's shared network.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Thu May 16, 2019 1:50 pm

perception 41% 1d100 = 27
JIC 1d100 = 83 1d20 = 19

Cairo wrote:He calls out "Clear!"


"Clear." Corrigon replies, as he turns back to maintain watch on their flank. This location was far too easy to get caught in.

As he sees Cairo's armour, Corrigon swears quietly Frak

"How badly mangled is that armour?" he asks as he does some quick calculations in his head regarding restoring functionality to the armour.

Field Armorer 77% 1d100 = 97

"If you need it, I don't need environmental armour in this form. Though from your file, you can take a lot more punishment than Niall and I can combined. Get me some tools and I can fix it up a bit. At least restore environmental integrity."


Niall wrote:Before he opens the door, he looks to Ego and Fang. "Ready?" If they are prepped for any possible encounter, Niall triggers the door mechanism.


Corrigon checks his magazine, sees the low ammo count, and switches magazine to a fresh mag before placing the mostly empty clip on his harness.

"If we are going in, best to have a full load now." he checks his weapon before taking up position at the side of the door in order to make use of the doorway as cover.

"Ready!" he extends his senses as best he can to ensure that they are not ambushed.

OOC Comments
Detect Ambush 57% 1d100 = 12
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Fri May 17, 2019 8:26 am

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Ryden Text wrote:Got a DNA lock on the transportation terminal. Got any breathing or at least still warm enemy personnel? If so double time to our position with them, please.


CJ ponders Brainiac's response though he would like to keep scouting/exploring and responds (thankful that with his Merging he can enter Text without a keypad):

CJ Text wrote: Interesting. Hellbrecht and I killed a Danaeus back in 2nd hall. Have her bring? I can if you need though.


Corrigon wrote:"How badly mangled is that armour?" ..."If you need it, I don't need environmental armour in this form. Though from your file, you can take a lot more punishment than Niall and I can combined. Get me some tools and I can fix it up a bit. At least restore environmental integrity."


Cairo forces a chuckle in response, "This chestplate wouldn't stop a slightly curious Prorx or the sound of Silence right now ... Plating is still solid on the Arms and Legs, so I have some protection. I am fine in Vacuum, just no radio right now. I am relying on Texts. Might want to collect a helmet when we meet back up with Nova.". With a wry grin behind his damaged faceplate CJ ponders whether the odd lyrical reference will be caught, *Hello darkness, my old friend ... I've come to talk with you again because a vision softly creeping left its seeds while I was sleeping and that vision that was planted in my brain it still remains ... within the sound of silence hehehe ...*

If Nova (or whomever) asks that he go back and collect part of the Bug-guy from the Hall for DNA use, CJ will advise Crash and Ego to stay put since the smaller hallways offer a good defensive choke point and go bring a Bug-Hand to Brainiac (Cairo will likewise take a Bug-Hand for his forward scout team musing, *I guess Crash, Ego, and I could each keep a finger in a pouch for now, disgusting as the idea is ... In case they were needed or people got separated.*) with the intent to return immediately.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Tue May 21, 2019 7:53 am

Perception: 1d100 = 58/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 7; 1d100 = 70
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor

Ryden wrote:"Frack me. Nova, we've got a DNA lock here. You said you guys took down a drone back there? Any chance they can bring it down here? Maybe we can fool the sensor and get us in. Wait, got a text from Fang, I'll reply to him and ask him to bring the drone you mentioned."


Simone looks to Ryden. "I can get it. Be back in a blink." Simone says as she speeds off to snatch up the dead alien and bring it back to him. For the several seconds it takes her to get to the body. I wonder if this'll work? Simone stops at the corpse and hauls it up over her shoulders in a fireman's carry before speeding back to the group. Story of my life, go for this, go for that. Simone thinks as she stops next to Ryden. "One corpse, hand delivered." Simone says before dropping the body next to the terminal. Simone moves back to her position at the rear of the group and continues to keep a watch.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Tue May 21, 2019 2:34 pm

rolls carried

Cairo wrote:Cairo forces a chuckle in response, "This chestplate wouldn't stop a slightly curious Prorx or the sound of Silence right now ... Plating is still solid on the Arms and Legs, so I have some protection. I am fine in Vacuum, just no radio right now. I am relying on Texts. Might want to collect a helmet when we meet back up with Nova.".


Corrigon looks at the helmet scoring and the obviously damaged HUD.

"Lets hope the bugs you might find on this ship don't decide that your lack of protection there as an invitation to starting crawling around places you don't want to them to go. No radio is a bad thing in this situation, helmet looks still sufficiently intact for me to try and jury rig the radio for a bit," Corrigon taps and feels the side of his own helmet as he contemplates how to do it. If Cairo gets cut off from us, then he has no way to communicate and finding us on a ship this size is a low chance of success without creating one frakking large signal of some kind.

He looks over at Niall and jerks his thumb at him.

"Of course, we could just make him do it as that is pretty much his skill set and he's more likely to be able to fix it in a more permanent fashion."
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Wed May 22, 2019 10:00 am

Perception: 1d100 = 71/43% 58% regarding modern technology, 68% to perceiving any tactile characteristics, 83% regarding modern technology + tactile characteristics simultaneously
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 54

Ryden wrote:"Frack me. Nova, we've got a DNA lock here. You said you guys took down a drone back there? Any chance they can bring it down here? Maybe we can fool the sensor and get us in. Wait, got a text from Fang, I'll reply to him and ask him to bring the drone you mentioned."

Of course it is.
Consumer wrote:"I can get it. Be back in a blink."

In the brief moment that Simone is gone, Nova says to Brainiac, "I long for the days when it was a simple keycard. How the hell is a spy supposed to deal with DNA locks?"
Consumer wrote:"One corpse, hand delivered."

"I forget how fast you are. Let's get that hand on the goopy gel pad." Nova lifts the body and places the hand on the pad until something happens with the terminal.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Fri May 24, 2019 8:10 am

Conditions:
A.D.F. Time: 1304 I.R., Day 55, 1605
Visibility: Limited to natural Arismal nightvision or technological vision; 10' otherwise
Environment: somewhat dense atmo, high oxygen, ship interior
Location: In orbit around Chandrakant II, I.S.S. Vikelter

Ship Systems & Stations
Crew Chief Station Systems:
  • Alumina Cloud Dispenser (10 charges)
  • Anti-Missile Chaff (20 chaff globes)
  • Atmospheric Recycling System
  • External Docking Collar (1, foreward, for boarding operations)
  • Grapple System (5000 ton capacity)
  • Magnetic Shield
  • Pressurized Cabin/Airlock Control
  • Self-Destruct System

EWO Station Systems:
  • Electronic Countermeasures
  • Advanced Sensor Package & Satellite Uplink Computer
  • Geologic Sensor Array
  • Scientific Sensor Array
  • Super Navigation Computer
  • Targeting Radar & Combat Computer

Grifter Stations
  • Pilot's Station: Corrigon
  • Co-Pilot's Station: Cairo
  • EWO Station: Ryden
  • Crew Chief Station: Niall
  • (L1) Lima One Port Forward Turret (Lasers): Halko
  • (L2) Lima Two Port Aft Turret (Lasers): Simone
  • (R1) Romeo One: Starboard Forward Turret (Rail Guns): Rosseyn
  • (R2) Romeo Two Starboard Aft Turret (Rail Guns):

Ambient Sound of the Starship Interior (open in new tab & listen while you read)

Cairo, Niall, and Corrigon
Cairo calls out "Clear!" and accesses his goggles where he finds Brainiac's message and communicates.
Code: Select all
RYDEN: Got signs of a transporter down here. Investigating. Also way-point up for sealed doors. If you capture anyone, pull any glasses or visors and their radios.
Code: Select all
CAIRO: Radio out. Runners down. How's your transporter inspection?
Code: Select all
RYDEN: Got a DNA lock on the transportation terminal. Got any breathing, or at least still warm, enemy personnel? If so double time to our position with them, please.

A ping appears on Cairo's HUD which gives the direction of the source of the ping; not a map overlay as they have none yet, but a directional beacon. Cairo holsters his energy clubs and inspects the drones for any sign of power or an access/diagnostic ports. Other than possible use of some small electronics parts for salvage purposes, he's utterly destroyed the drones. (Reduce main body of a thing to below zero and you can expect no better result.) While he's able to identify the vibro-blades on each "wing" and the nested blasters as ion weapons, there's little left from which to gather any useful intelligence. He picks up the smashed drones and piles them up with the others.
Cairo then examines the double doors at the end of the hall.
"Clear," Corrigon replies as he turns back to maintain watch of their flank. He sees the state of Cairo's armor and swears silently. Gauging its damage by eye, he knows it's a lost cause. While the helmet's somewhat intact, and the armor still protects Fang's appendages, the components which make the suit environmental protection are all nested within the torso, and that's been reduced to a composite of synthetic fabric tatters and ferro-ceramic slag; it's beyond repair. If he had a sheet of ferro-ceramic material, a work bench, and an hour or so, he could potentially repair the damage to the helmet. But on the fly? Without materials? On a hostile alien ship? With possibly few moments to spare? He shakes his head and offers up his own suit to Cairo who declines it with a sound rationale.

Niall radios back, "Sound off if wounded." He then takes CJ's lead and looks to the drones for useful intel, but finds them in such a smashed state as to be totally useless. He then examines the access panel by the double doors. He takes out his electronic tool kit and examines the access panel. By the time Cairo's gathered together all the drone scrap, Niall has learned the function of this door, panel, what's behind the door, and how to access it by sheer deductive reasoning from electro-mechanical principles.
  1. The panel is only accessible through either telemechanical ability (or something like Cairo's ability to merge with electronics), or through a coded signal, likely an RFID transponder or something like it.
  2. The doors allow access to a lift.
  3. The lift is only used by robots.
  4. The lift connects only with other automated/robotic service areas.
Based on what he's able to deduce from the panel's design and features, and what they've so far seen of the ship and its inhabitants, Niall estimates based on all the available data that this ship is heavily automated with entire decks dedicated to robots carrying out their various functions. Based on his knowledge of spacecraft design, he also deduces that these decks are almost certainly devoid of non-essentials like atmospheric pressure, aesthetic considerations, etc. Niall shares his insights.

Corrigon conjectures that if Cairo had a portable power source, Corrigon could jury-rig a connection to the helmet's integrated system would be functional, but without power, they were such so much silicone and conductive wiring. He adds, "Of course, we could just make him do it as that is pretty much his skill set and he's more likely to be able to fix it in a more permanent fashion."

Niall takes a quick look at Cairo's suit. The damage to the helmet was easily repairable, but the components which make the suit more than just simple protection are all housed in the torso, and the torso section has been irreparably destroyed.

Cairo merges with the panel and opens the doors. The lift is extremely spartan, and with no discernible interior control panel. None of the three Arismal being ignorant of electronics, they all know what that means by inference: the destination request is sent by signal, possibly piggybacking along with the access signal.

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Notes: 1 square = 10'


Rosseyn, Ryden, Simone
Ryden lays out their situation in blunt terms. "Frak me. Nova, we've got a DNA lock here. You said you guys took down a drone back there? Any chance they can bring it down here? Maybe we can fool the sensor and get us in. Wait, got a text from Fang, I'll reply to him and ask him to bring the drone you mentioned."
Code: Select all
CAIRO: Radio out. Runners down. How's your transporter inspection?
Code: Select all
RYDEN: Got a DNA lock on the transportation terminal. Got any breathing, or at least still warm, enemy personnel? If so double time to our position with them, please.

Ryden embeds a source transponder in the signal to give Cairo a means by which to locate his signal. Simone looks to Ryden. "I can get it. Be back in a blink." She dashes off back the way they came.

With Simone gone, Rosseyn says to Ryden, "I long for the days when it was a simple key-card. How the hell is a spy supposed to deal with DNA locks?"

Simone hefts the heavy corpse of the bug-man, and dashes back to the position being held by Rosseyn and Ryden. "One corpse, hand delivered." Simone says before dropping the body next to the terminal, and moving back to guard their rear.

Rosseyn adds, "I forget how fast you are. Let's get that hand on the goopy gel pad."

Nova lifts the body and places the hand on the pad. A sequence of Fehran glyphs speed through some sort of calculation on the screen at incomprehensible speed before a voice emanates from the panel in the language of the Empire. "Vore Iticix, Danaus, Miles, skador kontroll tekniker; tillgång beviljad" The doors open silently to reveal a spacious and aesthetically pleasing chamber beyond. As opposed to the functional minimalism of the greys, blacks, whites, and high contrast blues of the passageways, this chamber is all in muted, almost pastel greys, blues, and yellows.

Translation
"Vore Iticix, Danaus, Miles, damage control technician; access granted."

MAP REVEAL (open in new tab)
Map Notes: 1 square = 10'


What are your intentions?
Butcher's Bill
Grifter: -496 to armor
Simone: -7 shots; -90 to armor's main body
Corrigon: -7 shots; -60 to armor's main body
Niall: -20 S.D.C. to armor's main body
Cairo: -175 personal S.D.C., -100 to helmet, Main Body Armor Destroyed [all features disabled]
Rosseyn: -5 shots; -50 to armor's main body, -1060 Force Field used
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5041
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Fri May 24, 2019 10:48 am

Perception ☞ 39% 1d100 = 68

JIC 1d20 = 11
1d100 = 70[dice][/dice]

Niall's examination of the door controls is very illuminating, and he shares his findings with the group.

"This is an automated door - leads to a lift. The ship must be heavily automated - lots of these drones everywhere - and this lift leads to a deck not meant for living creatures. I.e., no life support. 'Bots only." He looks at Corrigon, but doesn't say what he's thinking. Maybe YOU could survive...

Instead, he says, "Perhaps we should rejoin the others. It seems unlikely the 2nd SOG went to an automated deck, if they knew what they were doing. They likely are heading to a command center or an engineering center, and neither of those are going to be fully automated."

After examining Cairo's suit, he shakes his head. "All of your suit's features are gone. Nothing fixable at this point."
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Corrigon » Fri May 24, 2019 2:20 pm

Perception 41% 1d100 = 49
JIC 1d100 = 93 1d20 = 1

Niall wrote:"This is an automated door - leads to a lift. The ship must be heavily automated - lots of these drones everywhere - and this lift leads to a deck not meant for living creatures. I.e., no life support. 'Bots only."


Corrigon looks inside and ponders the possibilities of using it, but decides against it.

"Well, that certainly limits the number of places that we can go," he looks at Cairo and sighs "well, we can survive in those conditions in environmentally sealed armour, but that would get swiftly frakked over by the number of robots likely to be on these levels. Unless they have redundancies, then it is unlikely there is even the infrastructure to actually pressurise it."


Niall wrote:Instead, he says, "Perhaps we should rejoin the others. It seems unlikely the 2nd SOG went to an automated deck, if they knew what they were doing. They likely are heading to a command center or an engineering center, and neither of those are going to be fully automated."



"Lay on Madreath," Corrigon quotes an obscure Arismel play involving some very dour people who like to wear skirts, "I will take point if you want. We may have bought ourselves some time, but somebody is going to notice the missing drones and I presume tech or robot controller. I suggest we move the body and broken robots to hide our presence better. Leave them guessing more. Maybe get Rosseyn to drop them on the Grifter."

Niall wrote:After examining Cairo's suit, he shakes his head. "All of your suit's features are gone. Nothing fixable at this point."


"We might be able to do something with the helmet, but that will require some parts, a power source and time to actually spend fixing it though." Corrigon says, "but the most important thing is to get him a radio. We need to be able to maintain communications. If Rosseyn takes us back to the Grifter, are there some spares on there?"
Image LCPL Corrigon Malath

H.P.: 28
S.D.C.: 54

Wearing A.D.F. Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 200
User avatar
Corrigon
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Fri May 24, 2019 10:47 pm

Perception [67+(15 in Space): 82%]: 1d100 = 51
JiC D20: 1d20 = 1
JiC D100: 1d100 = 25

Conditions: Personal AR 12, Spectrum Vision, Regenerates (30/Hr), Force Disc

HP: 262/262
SDC: 1297/1450

==~==~==~==~==~==

CJ nods at Crash's assessment of his armor's condition because he has already arrived at the same conclusion.

Niall wrote:"This is an automated door - leads to a lift. The ship must be heavily automated - lots of these drones everywhere - and this lift leads to a deck not meant for living creatures. I.e., no life support. 'Bots only ... Perhaps we should rejoin the others. It seems unlikely the 2nd SOG went to an automated deck, if they knew what they were doing. They likely are heading to a command center or an engineering center, and neither of those are going to be fully automated."


Cairo ponders for a moment, "If it comes out on this deck, it probably also can access other decks with life support, we would just need to figure out how to move the thing. I'd like to check a set of doors I just passed. If they need us, lemme know."

He sends another brief post to Brainiac and the others:
Code: Select all
CAIRO: Lift between Decks located.  Looks like there are decks entirely for Robots (no life support).  Did New-Girl get you the Danaus? Need us?


Corrigon wrote:Corrigon looks inside and ponders the possibilities of using it, but decides against it. "Well, that certainly limits the number of places that we can go," he looks at Cairo and sighs "well, we can survive in those conditions in environmentally sealed armour, but that would get swiftly frakked over by the number of robots likely to be on these levels. Unless they have redundancies, then it is unlikely there is even the infrastructure to actually pressurize it."


"Possible. Let's check the other doors to see what we find. If this deck is meant to be pressurized, then it may have lockers with EBA suits and communications gear around here somewhere. Gotta get in on the enemy's communications if we can." 1 hand merged back to an Energy Baton, CJ heads a little ways down the hall to some other doors (see order images), using supplemental merges on terminals to pop doors open as needed.

Navigation -- 130%: 1d100 = 11

"Intended Doors to Check"
05.25.19.CJ.1.png
1st Door to Investigate
05.25.19.CJ.1.png (123.65 KiB) Viewed 1053 times

======
05.24.19.CJ.png
2nd Door to Investigate
05.24.19.CJ.png (83.48 KiB) Viewed 1053 times

======
05.25.19.CJ.2.png
On the way back to Nova if we get called
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Simone Helbrect » Thu May 30, 2019 6:59 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 50/46%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 5; 1d100 = 29
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.

Simone smirks when the door opens. "At least the poor bugger can be useful to the cause." Simone says morbidly. Simone keeps her eyes open, peering into the door that just opened. "So what now?" Simone asks, her voice one of mild impatience. I could run the length of this ship in minutes. Simone thinks as her legs twitch every so slightly.
Lance Corporal Simone Helbrect EP
HP: 189/189
S.D.C.: 380/380
P.P.E.: 6/6
Conditions: Invulnerability & Healing Factor.
Armor Worn: A.D.F. Light Armor AR: 12; Main Body: 100/100
Weapons Carried: A.D.F. Mini-Lasers Payload: 10/10
User avatar
Simone Helbrect
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Fri May 31, 2019 12:22 pm

Perception 83%/1d100 = 84
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 69

While preparing to enter and waiting for the confirmation they can enter, Ryden mounts back up in his Wardog.

Simone Helbrect wrote:"At least the poor bugger can be useful to the cause."

"Too right, Hellbent. Well, Vore Iticix, thank you very much for your contribution. Boss, we should keep him around for a bit, just in case. Once I can get into a system and reprogram it to accept one of us as this guy, we' can get rid of him."

Simone Helbrect wrote:"So what now?"

"Now we clear this room and see what we can do about getting us better access."

Fang's Text wrote:'CAIRO: Lift between Decks located. Looks like there are decks entirely for Robots (no life support). Did New-Girl get you the Danaus? Need us?'

About that time he gets the text from CJ. He replies in kind.
'Roger that. One Damage Control Tech delivered. He got us in the transport facility. Up to Bossman on RV. Suggest you work out access to that robot area. We might move quieter there than through the inhabited section of the ship. We might luck into a repair area.'

Once Nova is ready, Brainiac does a moving entry, his railguns at the ready. After looking for cameras and enemies, he bee-lines for any terminals he sees.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Fri May 31, 2019 9:52 pm

ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD

Cairo feels his goggles incur a response

Code: Select all
RYDEN: [i]'Roger that. One Damage Control Tech delivered. He got us in the transport facility. Up to Bossman on RV. Suggest you work out access to that robot area. We might move quieter there than through the inhabited section of the ship. We might luck into a repair area.'[/i]


He glances over to Crash, "Brainiac wants to know if we can find a way to open the Lift, or grab controls, maybe have it skip us to another deck. Do you know if Nova has dropped an Anchor in here?" Then he sends back to the Cyberjacker:

Code: Select all
CAIRO:[i]Will check with Crash on hijacking Lift.  Keep an eye out for a radio, or if Nova hits the ship, please grab an extra. No sign of 3rd SOG yet. Will keep you updated.'[/i]
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Episode 17: Return to Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Fri May 31, 2019 10:30 pm

(rolls held)

Fang wrote:CAIRO:Will check with Crash on hijacking Lift. Keep an eye out for a radio, or if Nova hits the ship, please grab an extra. No sign of 3rd SOG yet. Will keep you updated.'

Ryden sends a reply. 'Roger that. Will pass it on. What happened?'

"Bossman, Fang is asking for a radio. I guess he trashed his suit. I swear that guys goes through more gear."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

PreviousNext

Return to HU2 Galactic: Annals of the Sixth Atorian Expansion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron