The Collegiate Arcane & Mystic Guild (126)

Dominated by the mages of MercTown and shops specializing in magic gear, weapons, and accessories.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

The Collegiate Arcane & Mystic Guild (126)

Postby Augur » Tue May 19, 2009 1:51 pm

At the center of the Mystic Quarter is the Collegiate Arcane & Magic Guild. Built atop the city's sole nexus point, it is a sprawling compound with a half dozen buildings built in the style of a medieval keep or manner house. The Collegiate serves the dual purposes of a training academy for neophytes in a variety of mystic arts, as well as a magic guild. At present, it has a membership of 458 true magic practitioners, plus another two hundred trainees trying to learn one magic discipline or another.

The Collegiate Arcane & Guild Hall campus is designed to resemble a medieval manor house. A 12' high stone wall almost completely encircles the compound, the sale opening an iron-wrought front gate in the south wall. Beyond the wall is a vast courtyard paved in cobblestone, save for around the bases of trees planted in twin rows leading to a massive fountain carved in the shape of a Great Homed Dragon. Looming behind the fountain, dwarfing the almost life-sized statue, is the Guild Hall. The Hall is one of the largest buildings in MercTown, a gigantic gray stone structure constructed to resemble a medieval fortress with a pair of circular stone towers 200' tall. Scattered around this central keep are a half dozen smaller buildings, most of which are two story dormitories used as quarters for visiting sorcerers and acolytes studying to be wizards at the magic college.

The Collegiate Arcane & Magic Guild is an impressive structure that seems a bit out of place in a modern city of concrete and steel like MercTown. Still, it is not so strange or marvelous as to inspire awe or fear. Twenty-eight gargoyle-like statues are perched at intervals upon the walls of the castle. Entrance to the College & Guild Hall campus is permitted only through the front gate. Two Major Elementals (one Earth and one Air) stand guard at the gate to ensure that no one else can pass through the iron-wrought barricade. If there is any doubt as to whether or not an individual is permitted on the premises, one of the Elementals leaves to confer with the Guild Master or one of the members of its ruling Council.

All magic practitioners are welcome to enter even those who are not members of the guild. Non-mages are not allowed inside unless they are in the company of a mage or are official representatives of MercTown's government.

The Collegiate Arcane has a ledger who consistently helps new faces interested in joining named Cantamen. UG

+5% to all rolls to find magic items of any type and of any rarity
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Re: The Collegiate Arcane & Mystic Guild (126)

Postby William Summers » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 2/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 47

Will sets his Turbo Wing Board down near the gates to the Collegiate Arcane and steps off. He leaves his board with the Guild's valet and heads inside. His first stop is to the financial desk. He waits his turn in line, keeping himself entertained by looking at the intricacies of his rings. Once he gets to the front of the line, he introduces himself. "Hello. I'm William Summers of the Dweomer Defense Force, come to make my annual donation. I believe 7,000 is the best I can do at this time. A pittance compared to my last donation, but one gives what they can when they can." Once he's done paying his dues, he will search for an area where mages are selling their wares. Altfeld was looking for the ability to see the invisible. Something in an amulet form I think... Well, this might be the place. Let's see what I can scrounge up. Will looks from table to table for someone selling an Amulet of See The Invisible.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:51 pm

Around a circular table under a domed structure, there sits a handful of acolytes and a few more experienced mages. They appear to be passing around a glass or ceramic contraption of some sort with tubes which extend from it. As the thing gets passed around, those nearest put the ends of the tubes in their mouths. A small brazier at the top of the contraption seems to be burning, and moments later, those with the tubes exhale large clouds of smoke. Curious, Will approaches and notes the table is also littered with a dozen or so small ornaments which seem to be magical in nature. Also, two small board games appear to be in use by four of those present. The boards have raised edges, an odd half-diamond type pattern inset into the board, small tokens of black and white, and a pair of six-sided dice in use. One of the more experienced mages looks up at Will's approach. "Come, sit with us, brother, and enjoy this lovely afternoon. Perhaps you'd be so kind as to acquire a carafe of sweetened tea for your brothers?"
Augur
Admin

Postby William Summers » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 13/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 19

Will takes in the scene for a moment, enjoying the relaxed energy of the people in the room. There's been so much fighting, I forgot what the inbetween looks like. I wonder what that contraption with the smoke is? Maybe I could join them.

Experienced Mage wrote:"Come, sit with us, brother, and enjoy this lovely afternoon. Perhaps you'd be so kind as to acquire a carafe of sweetened tea for your brothers?"

Will's ears direct him toward the person talking with him and he gives a polite bow to the mage. "Of course, brother." Will heads to the refreshment area and gets a carafe of sweetened tea and a stack of cups enough for the mages playing board games and a snack of mochi and a stick of jerky for himself. He hands the mage that spoke to him the carafe as well as the stack of cups and places his snacks on the table. He pulls up a chair to observe the games and have some conversation. "Good afternoon, brothers. I return from a long journey at sea and have not stepped foot in these halls for over a year. How are things? What is this contraption being passed around? Tell me about this game?" He lets the mages present answer between each question, not wanting to step on their conversational toes. This is nice. It's good to be surrounded by your own. The closest I've got is Mercedes and she's a nutcase.
The Man in Black
William Summers

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:40 am

Will wrote:"Good afternoon, brothers. I return from a long journey at sea and have not stepped foot in these halls for over a year. How are things? What is this contraption being passed around? Tell me about this game?"

The assembled mages and acolytes all throw their hands in the air as Will sets down the tray and call out "Sa-lu!" in unison, then laugh good-naturedly. One mage in a long, cream & tan colored robe responds to Will's questions. "We are playing an ancient game known as backgammon, and that contraption is known as a hookah; it's a smoking device, a rather pleasant one at that as the water in the bell-shaped chamber at the bottom cools the smoke from the brazier at the top. Please, enjoy a puff when it comes around to you, and thank you for the tea, brother."

An acolyte with a few chin whiskers speaks up after the mage. "What were you doing out at sea? Are you a practitioner of Ocean Magic? What brings you back to the Collegiate, sir?" The acolyte seems full of questions and wonder.
Augur
Admin

Postby William Summers » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 9/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 72

Cream Mage wrote:"We are playing an ancient game known as backgammon, and that contraption is known as a hookah; it's a smoking device, a rather pleasant one at that as the water in the bell-shaped chamber at the bottom cools the smoke from the brazier at the top. Please, enjoy a puff when it comes around to you, and thank you for the tea, brother."

"Backgammon. Is there a frontgammon? I shall have to find the rules to study and come back to play. All of the smiling and the 'Sa-lu!', this is a great energy to be around."

Whisker Acolyte wrote:"What were you doing out at sea? Are you a practitioner of Ocean Magic? What brings you back to the Collegiate, sir?" The acolyte seems full of questions and wonder.

"Good afternoon, young one! Let's see, I was out at sea with my group of adventurers. We are called the Roughnecks. We had a job to explore some unexplored areas of the world and bring back maps for people. Along the way we got ourselves into all kinds of adventures, and I got to fight..." Will leans in and whispers the next word so the acolyte feels important with a message only for him. "vampires! I'm no Ocean Mage, I'm a graduate of the Dweomer Defense Academy's Brotherhood of Battle. In short, I'm a Battle Magus. Swords and spells and cool guns. I came back here to pay my yearly dues and to peruse some wares. I have an associate who really wants something I've got. So I figure I should buy him one. It's the nice thing to do. What about you? What field do you study? How long have you been here?"

When the hookah comes to him, Will takes one of the tubes and inhales. Oh, that is a delightful flavor! He releases the smoke from his mouth and enjoys the aroma.
The Man in Black
William Summers

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:53 pm

William Summers wrote:"What about you? What field do you study? How long have you been here?"

The acolyte perks up at interest in himself. "I'm...well, I'm learning how to harness my inner strength and focus my third eye as a potential mystic. It's less formal instruction than some of what my peers describe in their own studies, but it's quite rigorous in its own way. Certainly, I've come to understand myself a great deal better as a result, though I'm no sure about the rest of the wor..." he seems to pause as he looks at Will. "You're just being nice. You're interested in something. Something here at this table beyond good company and fine tobacco."

One of the mages guffaws and another snorts smoke out through his nose in an unexpected laugh. One of the mages calls Will out, "Oh, the acolyte saw right through you, brother! A little advice: stay away from brothels--even the non-psychic mistresses would read you like a book if our young acolyte friend here could read you so quickly!" This repartee generates a whole round of laughter and cups clinking together at the witticism. When the hilarity has died down to a few chuckles, another mage ventures to broach a crude question. "So what are you after Battle Magus? I'm afraid the stores elsewhere in the quarter have a finer selection of techno-wizard weapons than the Collegiate, so I assume it's something a little more rare, something more lethal perhaps? Come now, be straight with us, you've given us plenty of smiles, it's the least we could do to help you find what you're after."
Augur
Admin

Postby William Summers » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 59/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 73

Acolyte wrote:"I'm...well, I'm learning how to harness my inner strength and focus my third eye as a potential mystic. It's less formal instruction than some of what my peers describe in their own studies, but it's quite rigorous in its own way. Certainly, I've come to understand myself a great deal better as a result, though I'm no sure about the rest of the wor..." he seems to pause as he looks at Will. "You're just being nice. You're interested in something. Something here at this table beyond good company and fine tobacco."

"Well... I..." Caught completely off guard, he stammers for a moment before the mages in the room react with laughter.
Augur wrote:One of the mages guffaws and another snorts smoke out through his nose in an unexpected laugh. One of the mages calls Will out, "Oh, the acolyte saw right through you, brother! A little advice: stay away from brothels--even the non-psychic mistresses would read you like a book if our young acolyte friend here could read you so quickly!"

By the brothers, was I that obvious? He turns a light shade of red, which he can feel coming on due to his intimate knowledge of body and self. They're just having a little fun with me. No need to get upset.
Augur wrote:"So what are you after Battle Magus? I'm afraid the stores elsewhere in the quarter have a finer selection of techno-wizard weapons than the Collegiate, so I assume it's something a little more rare, something more lethal perhaps? Come now, be straight with us, you've given us plenty of smiles, it's the least we could do to help you find what you're after."

Will tries to collect himself and nods to the acolyte to excuse himself to talk to the mage. "Brother, you and your... acolyte speak truly. I am always in search of new and more impressive armament. Anything that helps get the job done quicker and more effectively. If you've anything that might help give an edge in battle, I'd be interested in hearing about it." Will pauses for a moment and then remembers Shit. John's thing. "And an amulet to see those who make themselves invisible for my squadmate." He turns to the table in front of them and gestures to the ornaments littering the table. "What're those?"
The Man in Black
William Summers

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:42 am

An older mage with a bushy mustache near Will's end of the table takes over for the would-be Mystic. "These are fundraisers for an expedition we're still planning, an interdisciplinary field trip of sorts for our acolytes of various crafts." The mage then points to each of the little pendants, Will now notices that there's a small clasp affixed at one point or another to each to allow for a chain or thong, and identifies the purpose of each:

• Protection Against Sickness Amulet
  • Protection Against Insanity Amulet
  • Protection Against the Supernatural Amulet
  • See the Invisible Amulet
  • Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet
  • Mystic Fulcrum Talisman
  • Ley Line Transmission Talisman
  • House of Glass Talisman
  • See Wards Talisman
  • Sub-Particle Acceleration Talisman
Augur
Admin

Postby William Summers » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 4/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 10

"A field trip! Excellent. The halls of learning are blessed, but there is nothing like the outside world to solidify a lesson." Will listens as the mage points to each of the pendants and keeps track of the ones he's interested in. "Brother, I will take the See The Invisible Amulet, and the Sub-Particle Acceleration, House of Glass and See Wards Talismans. What type of donation are you asking for to fund this field trip?"
The Man in Black
William Summers

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:43 pm

"We're asking the following for those items," the mustached mage consults a small, handheld computer and begins reading from it. "Brother Aenid made the See The Invisible Amulet and is asking for ten thousand credits. Borther Lukas made the Sub-Particle Acceleration Talisman and is asking for ninety-five thousand credits. Sister Malice made the House of Glass Talisman and is asking for seventy-five thousand credits. I made the See Wards Talisman and will take no less than ninety-five thousand credits for it."

All talismans are at level 5 proficiency
Augur
Admin

Postby William Summers » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 65/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 19

"These are well crafted and appealing, but I am not made of money. I would like to purchase Brother Aenid's amulet to support the young mages on their field trip. Have we a deal?" Will brings out his Secure Universal Credit Card and purchases the amulet. When the transaction is complete, Will responds to Wak's call.
Wakiza wrote:"The Spooks are mulling it over, but I believe they will at least hear what the offer is. Is Mercedes up yet? Murdoc do you and Will want to show up at Mercenary Plaza when we head back for the meeting?"

He keys his earpiece and says "I'm on my way." He turns to the mages who have been helpful and sort of welcoming to him. "Brothers, it has been an honor. We'll have to do this again sometime. Next time, you can teach me how to play this frontgammon!"

If his dealings are done, Will jumps on his wingboard to head to Mercenary Plaza.
The Man in Black
William Summers

TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder

William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:21 pm

The mustached mage swipes Will's card on a reader resting at the table, hands him the amulet, and the table waves in friendly fashion as Will departs on his TW Wingboard.

(Credits deducted. Item added to your gear sheet. Transaction concluded)
Augur
Admin

Postby Vheld » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:33 am

Vheld wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 15, Original post: 1d100 = 65
PER: Original post: 1d100 = 32 vs. 51%

Lore: Demons and Monsters 1d100 = 27 vs. 99%
Lore: Magic 1d100 = 87 vs. 94%
Lore: Creatures of Magic 1d100 = 1 vs. 94%
Lore: Psychics and Psionics 1d100 = 11 vs. 94%
Lore: D-Bee 1d100 = 96 vs. 64%
Mythology 1d100 = 64 vs. 89%
Research 1d100 = 98 vs. 59%

Vheld breezes into the Mages' Guild, well familiar with its environs and to his staff. He will locate any sort of mystical library on the premises, and there corner any staff member he sees. "I require everything you have on some ancient monster called Nxla, as well as any procedures or precautions that may be useful to prevent soul-stealing."

Once Vheld is satisfied he has found any information there is to find at the guild, he will meet up with the others.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 197/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
2/3 charges on Vheld's and Sil's invincible armor talismans.
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Dodsrike » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Vheld wrote:Vheld breezes into the Mages' Guild, well familiar with its environs and to his staff. He will locate any sort of mystical library on the premises, and there corner any staff member he sees. "I require everything you have on some ancient monster called Nxla, as well as any procedures or precautions that may be useful to prevent soul-stealing."

In the Great Library, you find a young acolyte to make your demands of. He has never heard anything of what you ask for, but agrees very rapidly to see if anyone else may know anything. After about 20 minutes, he comes back with 3 books in his arms, two of which look quite ancient. "Here you are sir. According to the Chief Librarian, this is all we have on those two subjects."

The first book is written in an archaic form of Dragonese, and seems to be a catalog of something called the 'Old Ones'. In the descriptions and text, there is one whose name is different, but is said to have the power to eat souls, and gain the power of any being it ate. The second book has an account of a refugee, who fled their home dimension after a 'terrifying intelligence manifested, with legions of mindless zombies that fed upon the souls of his people.' The third book is a reference work on rune items. It has an in depth chapter about Soul Stealer's, and describes the tests undertaken to try and find a preventative measure, but after killing a thousand test subjects, they came to no real conclusive way to prevent a soul from being stolen.
Dodsrike
Game Master

Postby Vheld » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:43 am

JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 99
PER: 1d100 = 36 vs. 51%

Dodsrike wrote:"Here you are sir. According to the Chief Librarian, this is all we have on those two subjects."
Vheld nods. "Thank you for your assistance. Dismissed." Paying the acolyte no further heed, Vheld turns to the books and begins to read them voraciously.

After some time has passed and Vheld has completed he studies, he slumps back in his chair to ponder what he has read. The threat, at least, is legitimate- if anything the Seers understated the danger. Unfortunately, these tomes offer no concrete defenses or solutions to the problem at hand. Disappointing, but not unexpected. It shall have to do- perhaps I can learn more once we have arrived at our destination.

Not wanting to alienate anyone at the guild (at least, no more than necessary) Vheld will arrange for the volumes to be returned where they belong. He will then join the rest of the teams for some "fun."

((--> Ogre's Den))
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 197/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
2/3 charges on Vheld's and Sil's invincible armor talismans.
Energy Spheres: 904/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Naliyah » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 93/60%
JIC (20): 1d20 = 20
JIC (100): 1d100 = 45

Naliyah approaches the Collegiate Arcane gates, taking in the sights.

Ahh, so this is it, hmm? The famous Collegiate Arcane and guild... I suppose these are the guardians? she thinks while looking at the imposing elementals at the gate.

She stands before the gatekeepers and simply says, "Hello. I am Naliyah, a Shing Dimensional Lion from the Pride Worlds - a far away place you have likely never heard of. I seek to inquire about membership and would like a tour of the facilities. I may also be seeking some tutoring and/or a mentor. How shall we proceed?"

She stands there, patiently awaiting a reply.

I can sense the mystic energy all around me... beings of supernatural good and evil... this place is a focal point of mystic power, notwithstanding the nexus itself!
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 83/83
P.P.E.: 143/493
I.S.P.: 81/88

Ley Line and Nexus Point effects
Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Periods of Increased energy at a nexus point. IAW RUE.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
Naliyah

Postby Underguard » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:58 pm

Naliyah takes in the sights of the gorgeous mystic quarter and the collegiate itself, seemingly so out of time with the rest of the city but still a focal point. The only entrance Naliyah can see has two elemental beings; one resembling a living tornado with the wind speeds calmed, and another resembling a living rock.

Naliyah wrote:"Hello. I am Naliyah, a Shing Dimensional Lion from the Pride Worlds - a far away place you have likely never heard of. I seek to inquire about membership and would like a tour of the facilities. I may also be seeking some tutoring and/or a mentor. How shall we proceed?"

The two elementals do not address the Shing and move to either side of the doors as they open, the doors beckoning her inside. Cautiously, Naliyah can move past the two elementals who just stare at her until she crosses the threshold of the door, then returning their gaze forward. Naliyah sees an impressive and ornate style reception hall, though before she can even make it to the desk a rather excited individual enters the foyer and heads straight for Naliyah.

"Ah, yes, yes! You are the, what did you call yourself, a Shing? How intriguing, you may be one of the first of your kind to step into these halls! Naliyah, was it? Tell me, your magic, is it natural or learned?" The man begins, he appears to be a middle-aged human, likely a practitioner or member.
AA Professional Services GM || Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) || EP Ledger
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Naliyah » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:35 pm

**rolls held**

Underguard wrote:Naliyah takes in the sights of the gorgeous mystic quarter and the collegiate itself, seemingly so out of time with the rest of the city but still a focal point. The only entrance Naliyah can see has two elemental beings; one resembling a living tornado with the wind speeds calmed, and another resembling a living rock.

The two elementals do not address the Shing and move to either side of the doors as they open, the doors beckoning her inside. Cautiously, Naliyah can move past the two elementals who just stare at her until she crosses the threshold of the door, then returning their gaze forward. Naliyah sees an impressive and ornate style reception hall, though before she can even make it to the desk a rather excited individual enters the foyer and heads straight for Naliyah.

"Ah, yes, yes! You are the, what did you call yourself, a Shing? How intriguing, you may be one of the first of your kind to step into these halls! Naliyah, was it? Tell me, your magic, is it natural or learned?" The man begins, he appears to be a middle-aged human, likely a practitioner or member.

Without missing a beat, the lioness replies, "Why yes, yes indeed I am Naliyah the Shing. It does not surprise me that you do not see many of my kind - I am far, far from home."

She looks around at the reception hall.

An impressive structure, no doubt built for humans and other humanoids, primarily.

"Ah, yes... I was just admiring your reception hall. Quite ornate. To answer your question: we Shing evolved over time to use magic rather than tools. No hands or fingers in the human sense, you see..." She holds up a paw and wiggles her toes to emphasize the point.

"So, because we did not develop the same sort of digital dexterity that you bipeds did, we use magic and psionic powers to meet our needs instead. All Shing are psionic, and able to use magic - some opt for the traditional learned paths that are well known, such as Ley Line Walker, Shifter, Temporal Wizard, and even Mystics are not uncommon amongst our kind. Others have a more...natural facility and an intuitive understanding of certain kinds of magic. I, myself, am known as a Dimensional Lion. My magical talents are most closely related to what you would call a Temporal Wizard - though Temporal Magic was never formally studied by me. I aim to change that, however, so - in addition to seeking membership in your guild - if you know of any competent Temporal Wizards accepting students, I should like to meet them as well, Mr....?"

She lets the "r" sound linger a moment, expectantly waiting for her host to reveal his name.

I do hope to make these bags as well... she thinks to herself as she notices her stomach growling.

Yeah, yeah... you’ll be full soon enough, stop whining...
Naliyah
Current Status

Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Underguard » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:38 am

"My magical talents are most closely related to what you would call a Temporal Wizard - though Temporal Magic was never formally studied by me. I aim to change that, however, so - in addition to seeking membership in your guild - if you know of any competent Temporal Wizards accepting students, I should like to meet them as well, Mr....?"

The intrigued man listens intently as Naliyah explains and then nods; "Jackson, call me Jackson. And, Yes, well, no. I mean, We have a couple under that focus who frequent these halls but, I don't think either of them are taking students and neither are here at the moment." He pauses, walking away from the reception area and continuing, "You said you were far from home, what is your culture like? Do you see many bi-pedals back home, if any?" He finishes, his curiosity seems genuine.
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Naliyah » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:08 am

**ROLLS HELD**

Underguard wrote:The intrigued man listens intently as Naliyah explains and then nods; "Jackson, call me Jackson. And, Yes, well, no. I mean, We have a couple under that focus who frequent halls but, I don't think either of them are taking students and neither are here at the moment."

"Very well, it's nice to meet you, Mr. Jackson," says the lioness with a smile.

Disappointing about the Temporal Wizards not being present or taking students... but, perhaps I can check in again another time, or... determine their visitation schedules... yes, that might work.

"It is unfortunate that I missed the Temporal Wizards. You say there are a few who frequent this place? Perhaps - if I may - I could get the schedule for their next anticipated visit? I confess, I do have some pertinent information to ask them about some...shall we say, 'unsavory' types that perpetuated some foul happenings on my homeworld. In addition to legitimately seeking to formally study the art, of course...." she says to Mr. Jackson.

Underguard wrote:He pauses, walking away from the reception area and continuing, "You said you were far from home, what is your culture like? Do you see many bi-pedals back home, if any?" He finishes, his curiosity seems genuine.

Walking with Mr. Jackson, she replies, "Where I come from, bipeds are uncommon. We do have some primate species, but humans and their kind are not native to the Pride Worlds. That said, we are familiar with them and have diplomatic contacts and relationships with many of them. Some of them seem to be genuinely curious and friendly, and others ... well, let's just say their motives are not so pure, if you catch my meaning..." she says.

"Not much different than any culture, I suppose. There is good and bad to be found in all, from what I have seen. We Shing, however, live not much differently than how lions live - or used to live - on this planet, from what I have heard. I have not studied Earth to a significant degree, but was told some things before I arrived. We live in prides, out in the natural world, and live in relative harmony with nature, hunting, herding, and sleeping under the stars - mostly."

She looks around again, and pauses, while pointing with a paw at some of the structures. "We do not have many of these sorts of structures... not because they are without their uses, of course, but because, well, we just don't need them very often. Like the lions of your planet, Shing are social creatures... but we live more closely with the natural world and choose not to inhabit buildings or use traditional vehicles to get around - even for space travel. While we have some structures to enable storing of records or valuables, and materials with which to practice our magic, and some for storing food and such, generally, we use magic and nature to fulfill almost all our needs."

At least, for now... she thinks.

"Mr. Jackson, how long have you been a member? How does Guild membership work? Is one able to purchase or trade for spell knowledge here?" she asks.

So much to learn in this strange and wondrous place... she thinks.
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Underguard » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:03 am

"It is unfortunate that I missed the Temporal Wizards. You say there are a few who frequent this place? Perhaps - if I may - I could get the schedule for their next anticipated visit? I confess, I do have some pertinent information to ask them about some...shall we say, 'unsavory' types that perpetuated some foul happenings on my home world. In addition to legitimately seeking to formally study the art, of course...."

She can here him inhale and shake his head; "No, I'm afraid that beyond any working partners we have, visits to and from here are as time permits for most of us. I myself am only here for another few days, then I will be running an extended errand for a few weeks, I imagine it is no different for them. They pop in every couple weeks though it seems." He answers and Naliyah notices that they have left the reception area and are walking the halls, with Jackson slightly leading but listening until she inquires about him.

"I have been here intermittently going on nine years now; I consider it a home away from home. At the prospect of joining, you possess the proper skill set so that is not an issue, and there is an annual fee; ah, tell me, how long have you been here, and why are you here?" He asks, adding if she questions him, "The Collegiate isn't too restrictive on members, unless you've earned Merctown's Ire." He says, adding "Being a full member would help you seek your prize, I am sure."
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Naliyah » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:58 pm

**rolls held**

Underguard wrote:She can here him inhale and shake his head; "No, I'm afraid that beyond any working partners we have, visits to and from here are as time permits for most of us. I myself am only here for another few days, then I will be running an extended errand for a few weeks, I imagine it is no different for them. They pop in every couple weeks though it seems." He answers and Naliyah notices that they have left the reception area and are walking the halls, with Jackson slightly leading but listening until she inquires about him.

Naliyah nods her head while attentively listening to Jackson.

"Ahh, I see... yes, I imagine it might be hard to tie some people down. You mentioned 'working partners'? What does that entail? I presume there is a full time staff teaching various magical disciplines?" she says while looking at the halls.

This certainly does seem to be a nice facility... a bit out of place for the rest of MercTown. Then again, I haven't seen anywhere near the full city thinks the Shing as she recalls viewing the map a bit earlier.

Underguard wrote:"I have been here intermittently going on nine years now; I consider it a home away from home. At the prospect of joining, you possess the proper skill set so that is not an issue, and there is an annual fee; ah, tell me, how long have you been here, and why are you here?"

"After nine years, I imagine I would think of it that way too!" says the lioness, being as amiable as possible with the man who holds the keys to her guild membership - or at least, may be one of the gatekeepers.

Continuing after Jackson begins discussing the guild membership: "I've just recently arrived on Earth and just arrived at Merctown today. I was told that the Collegiate Arcane is the place to be for all magic-using types, and - being just that sort of girl - I got here after a short shopping trip."

Here, she pauses and points at the bags she just purchased from the Wilderness Outlet store.

"Got these at the local Wilderness Equipment Outlet. Need to weave a little mystic energy into them so they hold more than they appear to, if you catch my drift..." she says with a wink.

"I'm here for a few reasons: as I alluded to previously, some unsavory characters perpetrated acts on my homeworld which, to be blunt, need to be answered for... and we tracked them to Merctown. That's the last we heard of them, and they seem to be of the.. shall we say, 'Temporal' persuasion, so... since I am already familiar with Temporal magic, I was sent to see what I can find out. Though..." she trails off for a moment, deciding how open she should be.

Naliyah opts for transparency, and continues after stopping in her tracks and looking Jackson directly in the eyes. "I'm going to level with you, Mr. Jackson. There is more to this story. You see - my own cubs - a son and a daughter - were among the ones brutally slain by these foul beings, and I actually volunteered to come because I... well, because I have a personal interest in this matter." She lets the words sink in while watching the man's expression.

Underguard wrote:"The Collegiate isn't too restrictive on members, unless you've earned Merctown's Ire." He says, adding "Being a full member would help you seek your prize, I am sure."

"That's good news. I can't say I've ever been a part of a guild like this before... it's a foreign concept to us Shing. Then again, many ideas that are common elsewhere don't really enter into our ways. Centralized government, political intrigue, business, commerce, trade, corporations, war... these are not commonplace in the Pride Worlds, and I am just learning about many of them. I hope you understand, and can forgive me if I misstep or am mistaken about anything," she says as she resumes walking with Jackson.

And, I hope I am not mistaken in revealing so much to you... she thinks.
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Underguard » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:18 am

Naliyah wrote:"I'm going to level with you, Mr. Jackson. There is more to this story. You see - my own cubs - a son and a daughter - were among the ones brutally slain by these foul beings, and I actually volunteered to come because I... well, because I have a personal interest in this matter."

At the mention of her cubs that were slaughtered, Jackson stops, kneels eye-level and places a hand on the Shing's shoulder. "I understand that drive, and am sorry for your loss, huntress." He rises and continues walking, the path seeming to turn to the right. "Those sorts are frowned upon here as well; The annual fee is 1,000 credits for membership which you can handle at the front; there are a few terms you would need to agree too. First; know that by being a member of the Collegiate, you may be called to the Defense of Merctown, the Collegiate or their interests. Second; you are free to pursue your own goals and use the resources of the Collegiate, though these goals must not be in direct opposition to Merctown, The Collegiate or their interests. Think you can get along with that?" Jackson finishes, and stops with Naliyah stopping with him, she can see the reception hall again.
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Naliyah » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:06 am

**rolls held**

Underguard wrote:At the mention of her cubs that were slaughtered, Jackson stops, kneels eye-level and places a hand on the Shing's shoulder. "I understand that drive, and am sorry for your loss, huntress."

"Thank you for that," she says sincerely to Jackson.

Underguard wrote:He rises and continues walking, the path seeming to turn to the right. "Those sorts are frowned upon here as well; The annual fee is 1,000 credits for membership which you can handle at the front; there are a few terms you would need to agree too. First; know that by being a member of the Collegiate, you may be called to the Defense of Merctown, the Collegiate or their interests. Second; you are free to pursue your own goals and use the resources of the Collegiate, though these goals must not be in direct opposition to Merctown, The Collegiate or their interests. Think you can get along with that?" Jackson finishes, and stops with Naliyah stopping with him, she can see the reception hall again.

That sounds reasonable.

"I agree - provided the aforementioned defense obligations are, of course, understood in the context of availability; that is to say, if I can respond, of course I will."

She manifests her Ectoplasm hand, reaches for her card, and pulls it out. "I presume you take plastic? If not, I've got some herbs and raw meat for trade instead?" she quips with a twinkle in her eye.

I have more than enough to share...

On a more serious note: "Mr. Jackson, I'm not too familiar with how these things work... are spells available for purchase here, or trade?" she asks with a hint of hesitation and uncertainty about the propriety of asking such a question.

"Also, are there quarters or an area here that I could use to enchant these bags?" she asks, looking around.

OOC Comments
Thinking of purchasing a low or mid level contact here to facilitate spell acquisition as well as find a Temporal Wizard mentor... let me know your thoughts on how this would work and/or if it would be beneficial please
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Underguard » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:57 am

As he gets Naliyah situated with a payment, he adds, "Since you are new to Merctown, you can stay in the Temporary Quarters. Those are 20 credits a day, and usually restricted for two weeks. Permanent quarters are restricted to Collegiate Council Members and Senior Members." He'll pause, then go further into detail on the Collegiate.

"Well, now you may be considered a member so it is only right you know the resources of the Collegiate. First and foremost, The Collegiate is a hub, a collection, a sanctuary for practitioners. It is not only a place where magical ingredients, components, spells and items can be found, it is highly encouraged that you trade among your peers and experience. " Jackson states, beginning to walk again.

"Now, what is available here is limited on who you know, how you know them and what you can offer in return. Within the Library is a restricted scroll section where spells can be purchased in the form of scrolls, though new members won't see much in terms of unlimited access. Show you know your stuff, earn a reputation among the collegiate and you will find you can find almost anything imaginable."
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Naliyah » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:14 pm

**rolls held**

Underguard wrote:As he gets Naliyah situated with a payment, he adds, "Since you are new to Merctown, you can stay in the Temporary Quarters. Those are 20 credits a day, and usually restricted for two weeks. Permanent quarters are restricted to Collegiate Council Members and Senior Members." He'll pause, then go further into detail on the Collegiate.

"Excellent, that will do fine... thank you, Mr. Jackson. I appreciate the hospitality," says the lioness politely.

Underguard wrote:"Well, now you may be considered a member so it is only right you know the resources of the Collegiate. First and foremost, The Collegiate is a hub, a collection, a sanctuary for practitioners. It is not only a place where magical ingredients, components, spells and items can be found, it is highly encouraged that you trade among your peers and experience. " Jackson states, beginning to walk again.

Naliyah nods and walks along with Jackson, learning "the ropes" as it were.

Sounds mostly as expected... I suppose our entire society on the Pride Worlds could be a sanctuary and hub for magic users.

"Now, what is available here is limited on who you know, how you know them and what you can offer in return. Within the Library is a restricted scroll section where spells can be purchased in the form of scrolls, though new members won't see much in terms of unlimited access. Show you know your stuff, earn a reputation among the collegiate and you will find you can find almost anything imaginable."[/quote]

Sound advice.

"Yes, that sounds more than reasonable. I shall not be ready or able to study magic spells yet anyhow; not at least until I find a good mentor for my studies. But, perhaps I could listen in on a fundamentals of magic theory class, or something similar, if it's not too much trouble?" she offers hopefully while walking.

"Thank you for your time and warm welcome, Mr. Jackson. I do hope we get the chance to meet and interact again. What is a good way to reach you, if I may ask? Oh, also - might you know where a good price could be fetched for an enchanted Dimensional bag? I do not have spells to offer, but I do have the capacity for other valued magic in trade..." says the Dimensional Lion with a sly wink and grin.
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Underguard » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:54 pm

Naliyah wrote:"Yes, that sounds more than reasonable. I shall not be ready or able to study magic spells yet anyhow; not at least until I find a good mentor for my studies. But, perhaps I could listen in on a fundamentals of magic theory class, or something similar, if it's not too much trouble?"

"Thank you for your time and warm welcome, Mr. Jackson. I do hope we get the chance to meet and interact again. What is a good way to reach you, if I may ask? Oh, also - might you know where a good price could be fetched for an enchanted Dimensional bag? I do not have spells to offer, but I do have the capacity for other valued magic in trade..."

Jackson nods, "An excellent way to start getting a reputation and resources is to offer such things to some of our more specialized practitioners who are unable to create them themselves. Though I am afraid that is not my area of expertise when it comes to selling or bartering. I am often in the Collegiate, my current research has be buttoned down for the next few months I imagine, so you can find me here." Jackson says, and then brown robed woman walks quickly up to Jackson. Naliyah isn't sure what, but this woman doesn't seem human even though her facial features appear to be so, however Naliyah is nearly floored by the supernatural good she felt off this petite woman.

"Master Jackson, I have news from the Serpent Pharmacy. Your package is ready to be picked up." She states, and will hand Jackson a small parchment.

"Ah, thank you, Alyssa. This is Naliyah, a Shing of the Pride Worlds and new member of the Collegiate. Naliyah, this is Alyssa, a fellow member here and my research aide." Jackson introduces Naliyah then adds "Please take this to the circle." Jackson hands the robed mage a small vial he pulls out of his side pouch. Alyssa takes it and leaves, Jackson then turns back to Naliyah. "Pardon the interruption, our work is time sensitive. How do you feel about running an few errands for me? I know a few mentors around the school, most are gone right now but still, I can put in a good word for you."
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Naliyah » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:09 am

**rolls held**

Underguard wrote:Jackson nods, "An excellent way to start getting a reputation and resources is to offer such things to some of our more specialized practitioners who are unable to create them themselves. Though I am afraid that is not my area of expertise when it comes to selling or bartering. I am often in the Collegiate, my current research has be buttoned down for the next few months I imagine, so you can find me here." Jackson says, and then brown robed woman walks quickly up to Jackson. Naliyah isn't sure what, but this woman doesn't seem human even though her facial features appear to be so, however Naliyah is nearly floored by the supernatural good she felt off this petite woman.

"Master Jackson, I have news from the Serpent Pharmacy. Your package is ready to be picked up." She states, and will hand Jackson a small parchment.

"Ah, thank you, Alyssa. This is Naliyah, a Shing of the Pride Worlds and new member of the Collegiate. Naliyah, this is Alyssa, a fellow member here and my research aide." Jackson introduces Naliyah then adds "Please take this to the circle." Jackson hands the robed mage a small vial he pulls out of his side pouch. Alyssa takes it and leaves, Jackson then turns back to Naliyah. "Pardon the interruption, our work is time sensitive. How do you feel about running an few errands for me? I know a few mentors around the school, most are gone right now but still, I can put in a good word for you."

Naliyah regards the petite woman as she approaches, feeling the intense supernatural good emanating from her.

This... 'woman' exudes... indeed, radiates... supernatural goodness. It is almost as if she is holy... thinks the Dimensional Lioness.

"Greetings, Alyssa. A pleasure to meet you," says the Shing with a nod and a smile, and watches as she leaves.

"There is more to her than meets the eye, isn't there, Master Jackson?" she says to Jackson slyly.

Master, hmm... seems fortune favored me here today!

"I would be more than happy to run some errands for you. I do have a slight prior commitment to attend to today that should take only a few hours, but otherwise, I am at your disposal... and I would certainly relish the opportunity to see more of this wonderful place and meet some of the other sorcerers as well," she tells Master Jackson. "Once we take care of the membership, I would like to make an initial donation today as well, if that is not too much trouble? How would I go about doing that? Do I need to go through you, or..?

Let's see... I need to make the bags, finish membership and pay for it, donate a bag, hopefully find a buyer for another bag, go pick up the second meat order from the butcher fellow, get some 'human' sized clothes for my metamorphed form, and... oh yes, I almost forgot! I need to eat! she thinks, grinning to herself as she realizes she is getting so excited and interested in her current situation that she no longer seems to be famished.

Almost as if on cue, her stomach gives her a slightly subdued but noticeable reminder that it will not, indeed, be ignored forever.
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Underguard » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:36 am

He shakes his head. "No, no. Any donations or contributions to the Collegiate are handled in the same place as annual membership and temporary quarters, this fellow." He responds, escorting Naliyah back to the front he will take her where she needs to pay and grab a piece of parchment and scribbles something onto it before placing the note in Naliyah's harness.

"Should you find yourself in the Warrens with extra time, head over to the Feathered Serpent Pharmacy. I have a package there that I wouldn't be able to go and get myself for a few days but do need it. Somewhere in the back there will be a human named Edgar, show him this note and he'll give you a box. I need it here." Jackson finishes, and will add, "Should you take too long or can't find the time, I'll grab it myself. No problems."

He will then leave Naliyah to her devices and retreat down a corridor. If Naliyah attempts to see which way he went, she cannot. She also does not sense the presence of Alyssa anymore. The clerk will offer a polite greeting and help resolve any standing issues.
Collegiate Costs
Annual Fee: 1000cr
Temporary Quarters /day: 20cr
Temp /week: 280cr

Total Due Now: 1280 cr
+
Donation amount.
Naliyah will be able to check out her temporary quarters where she can eat and do any sort of prep work she needs to do.
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Naliyah » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:41 am

**rolls held**

Underguard wrote:He shakes his head. "No, no. Any donations or contributions to the Collegiate are handled in the same place as annual membership and temporary quarters, this fellow." He responds, escorting Naliyah back to the front he will take her where she needs to pay and grab a piece of parchment and scribbles something onto it before placing the note in Naliyah's harness.

"Should you find yourself in the Warrens with extra time, head over to the Feathered Serpent Pharmacy. I have a package there that I wouldn't be able to go and get myself for a few days but do need it. Somewhere in the back there will be a human named Edgar, show him this note and he'll give you a box. I need it here." Jackson finishes, and will add, "Should you take too long or can't find the time, I'll grab it myself. No problems."

He will then leave Naliyah to her devices and retreat down a corridor. If Naliyah attempts to see which way he went, she cannot. She also does not sense the presence of Alyssa anymore. The clerk will offer a polite greeting and help resolve any standing issues.
Collegiate Costs
Annual Fee: 1000cr
Temporary Quarters /day: 20cr
Temp /week: 280cr

Total Due Now: 1280 cr
+
Donation amount.
Naliyah will be able to check out her temporary quarters where she can eat and do any sort of prep work she needs to do.

Naliyah replies, "Thank you again for your assistance, Master Jackson. I look forward to completing this task for you and seeing you again shortly. Until then..."

She bows her head slightly and watches him go on his way.

An amicable fellow. I suspect we will interact much more, and he will prove to be a valuable ally.

Naliyah greets the clerk and answers any questions. She pays the fees (1280cr) and informs the clerk that she will return with a donation the same day.

She then retreats to her temporary quarters, and gets to work.

Okay. First, let's get to work on these bags...

Her stomach protests.

Fine, let's get you taken care of first.

Naliyah manifests her Ectoplasmic hand, and gets the cold bag of raw meat from her harness. She opens it with a claw, and feasts on a scrumptious meal of 15 pounds of clean cut sirloin.

After her meal, she will cast Cleanse to clean herself and remove any blood or stains, and disposes of the empty meat bag by whatever means appear standard to her. If she cannot determine this, she will ask someone.

Next, she will begin meditating and drawing in P.P.E. from the surrounding area (10 P.P.E. per melee round, so 40 P.P.E. per minute) until she gathers enough P.P.E. to create four Dimensional Bags out of the pouches she has (140 P.P.E. per bag, so she needs to gather 560 P.P.E., which will take 14 minutes on a Ley Line).

She will then place 3 of the Dimensional Bags into the waist pack, and take the fourth one to the clerk.

Seeing the clerk again, the Shing will greet her and say, "Hello again, I have the donation for you now. It is an enchanted bag; enchanted with the Dimensional Pockets spell. I understand they are quite valuable to practitioners of magic, and I suspect you will put it to good use. Thank you!"

If there are no further questions from the clerk, Naliyah will then head back to Allen's Markets to pick up her afternoon meat order.

OOC Comments
Let me know if you'd like me to make the changes to the equipment sheet

<<Allen's Markets>>
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Underguard » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:42 am

Naliyah is able to complete what she needs to over the course of a couple hours, comfortably eating and the like before departing.

Naliyah wrote: "Hello again, I have the donation for you now. It is an enchanted bag; enchanted with the Dimensional Pockets spell. I understand they are quite valuable to practitioners of magic, and I suspect you will put it to good use. Thank you!"

The clerk takes her offer and nods, "Your contributions will not be forgotten by the Collegiate. Do let us know if you need anything." The clerk adds and Naliyah can see the clerk scribble something on the desk, but not what or any specifics.

OOC Comments
Add the items to your sheet, I'll handle the credits. Include the duration and whatnot of the bags, please.

Time Leaving Collegiate: Approximately 1pm, Naliyah has spent several hours at the Collegiate.
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Naliyah » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:38 am

Perception: 1d100 = 34/60%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 72
JIC (20): 1d20 = 11

Naliyah arrives at the gates and greets the elemental guardians. She says, "Hello again. My name is Naliyah, a Shing Dimensional Lion, and I have returned. I have a room rented in the Collegiate Arcane as a Guild member, and I have a special delivery for Master Jackson."

She politely waits at the gate for a response from either the guardians or someone on the inside.
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Underguard » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:38 am

The elemental guardians pay her no response and shift out of her path, allowing her access to the Collegiate.

When she walks in she notices that the vestibule of the Collegiate is more crowded than last time. Specifically, she spots three individuals on the other side of the room who seem to be talking, that all will stop and glance at Naliyah when she enters. Two are females, one male. The male has greenish skin and seems more reptilian. The other two females seem human, though one has noticeably different ears, hard to tell specifically beneath their hair.

If Naliyah makes eye contact with them, they will turn their heads and leave the room. It's after that brief sight that Jackson shows up in a rush. "Ah, excellent, that was quite quick! Please, follow me." Jackson will lead Naliyah down the Collegiate and into a room with a warning on it. Warded

Upon entering, Naliyah's supernatural sense beyond the room she is in is completely cut off and she can only get a reading from the inside of the room. Alyssa is seen at the corner at a desk littered with different magical components and potions. Jackson will take the wooden box from Naliyah and slips a key out from his robe, opening the box he then hands the contents to Alyssa.

"Your assistance here is more welcomed. Thank you. I shouldn't need anything else from you for the time being but I will let you know." Jackson says. Naliyah cannot yet discern what the purpose is of the contents nor the contents of the room, and Jackson is being as forthcoming as any mage would be about their projects.
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Naliyah » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:17 pm

**rolls held**

Underguard wrote:The elemental guardians pay her no response and shift out of her path, allowing her access to the Collegiate.

When she walks in she notices that the vestibule of the Collegiate is more crowded than last time. Specifically, she spots three individuals on the other side of the room who seem to be talking, that all will stop and glance at Naliyah when she enters. Two are females, one male. The male has greenish skin and seems more reptilian. The other two females seem human, though one has noticeably different ears, hard to tell specifically beneath their hair.

If Naliyah makes eye contact with them, they will turn their heads and leave the room.

Naliyah will enter the Collegiate Arcane, and, despite being fairly used to odd glances here and there (she is a talking lioness with a harness and saddlebags, after all), she happens to catch the fact that these three hush and stare a bit longer than usual. As she looks over at them, she notices their features, and is even more curious as they apparently avert their gaze and leave as she notices.

Hmm... will have to ask Master Jackson about that... first, a feeling of being watched on the way to the Feathered Serpent, and now this... taken separately, these events may not be cause for concern, but given the proximity to this task... she thinks.

Underguard wrote:It's after that brief sight that Jackson shows up in a rush. "Ah, excellent, that was quite quick! Please, follow me." Jackson will lead Naliyah down the Collegiate and into a room with a warning on it. Warded

Upon entering, Naliyah's supernatural sense beyond the room she is in is completely cut off and she can only get a reading from the inside of the room. Alyssa is seen at the corner at a desk littered with different magical components and potions. Jackson will take the wooden box from Naliyah and slips a key out from his robe, opening the box he then hands the contents to Alyssa.

"Your assistance here is more welcomed. Thank you. I shouldn't need anything else from you for the time being but I will let you know." Jackson says. Naliyah cannot yet discern what the purpose is of the contents nor the contents of the room, and Jackson is being as forthcoming as any mage would be about their projects.

The lioness nods and smiles at Alyssa. "Hello again, friend," she says to the supernaturally good being.

She listens to Master Jackson and nods. "Happy to be of assistance; please, feel free to call upon me if you need anything else. I am paid up for a week, and have no immediate pressing concerns until I can speak with a Temporal Wizard of some skill anyhow. Unless you happen to know anyone else who is well-versed on Temporal Raiders and other matters most foul...?"

She then asks him about the unusual occurrences: "I feel I should let you know that I had some... rather odd feelings of being observed. After I left here for the agreed-upon location, I could feel 'eyes' watching me. I was unable to get to see whom, or what, precisely, was watching me, but it was that creepy feeling one gets when someone stares a bit too hard. I'm used to some wayward or lingering stares, mind you, but this was decidedly different. Furthermore, when I arrived back here and entered, a trio of humanoids paid special attention to my entrance and were watching me in much the same manner - enough for me to notice. They immediately stopped chatting amongst themselves and stared at me - rather hard - until I returned their glances, upon which they immediately averted their eyes and left."

She looks at Alyssa briefly.

I suppose she's safe to discuss the 'message' I was tasked with delivering... after all, he did hand her the contents of the package. Then again... better safe than sorry - especially so early in our relationship.

Looking back at Master Jackson, she continues: "Josephine also asked me to deliver a message to you. Would like it revealed here in front of the present company?"

Contingency!
IF Master Jackson agrees, Naliyah will relay the message: "Josephine told me to let you know that you have dried their rarer stock and the proprietor of the Feathered Serpent will be gone for several weeks to retrieve more. This will have to make due for the next couple months. Also, that your current interests have attracted the attention of another party, and she believes this party may have malicious intent so you should be on your guard."

Letting the words sink in for a moment, she awaits his reply. One wonders if the interested party is related to the 'eyes' I have experienced...

IF instead, Master Jackson indicates a preference to be told at another time or out of the present company, Naliyah will follow his lead.

"Lastly - it was a rather odd occurrence, and I do not know if it was related or not - but I had the most peculiar thing happen when I tried to teleport here the first time from the Feathered Serpent. The spell simply... did not work. The requisite mystic energy was gathered and present, and the incantation felt completed, but... I was back at the Feathered Serpent rather than here, and no energy had been expended. The second attempt was fully successful, however, and is one reason I was able to complete the task relatively quickly. Thoughts?"

"Oh! I almost forgot. Speaking of teleportation... are there restrictions upon where one can teleport in the Collegiate Arcane - or anywhere else in Merctown, for that matter? I teleported to the gates rather than my room, to be on the safe side. Don't want any mishaps or to step on any toes as soon as I'm a new member, after all!" she says with a grin.
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Underguard » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:00 am

"Unfortunately, even with those who dabble in temporal magicks, we still must wait for their return." Jackson offers and will listen to the description of the encounter in the vestibule and, for the first time since Naliyah has met him, he briefly frowns. "Well, you are a relatively unique here and Merctown is home to all sorts, even those who'd use that uniqueness to their own gain. Do you remember anything about the trio within the Collegiate? "

Naliyah does get the green light that Alyssa is safe to talk in front of, and she, for the most part, pays no attention to their conversation.

Jackson's frown turns into a exasperated sigh at the revelation of the message. "I was worried I cleaned them out of that; hopefully he doesn't hold it against me." he admits sheepishly before adding, "Ah, well her warning changes things. They aren't looking for you, but for me! And that, I can deal with; I wonder who they are, can you describe their appearance?" Jackson finishes.

When Naliyah questions him on the teleportation he almost laughs, "Oh? If I were to guess, you tried your teleportation without the parcel and you were stalled to ensure you took everything by either Josephine or Ning." He explains his thoughts on why her teleport wouldn't work before continuing. "As for the Collegiate, for members, no there is nothing against teleporting inside beyond ensuring your fellow mages safety. So, don't teleport to places that see frequent visitors such as the library or the vestibule to avoid accidentally landing on someone. Private studies, quarters and the like is no problem." Jackson finishes.

Naliyah then sees Alyssa approach with several vials. "We're ready; shall I go begin the preparations?" She asks Jackson, while handing him a container with twelve vials, four groupings of three.

"Yes, go. Be on your guard and trust no one without my word. I will be there shortly." Jackson says, taking the vials with a tilt of his head. Alyssa nods and walks out of the room, Jackson then turns back to Naliyah. "I hate to cut this short; but since my work has been marked it makes getting this done sooner rather than later an imperative." Jackson starts, moving towards his desk and collecting several different tomes, parchments and components. He pauses and looks back to the lioness. "Want to help us banish a demon?"
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Naliyah » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:04 pm

**rolls held**

Underguard wrote:"Unfortunately, even with those who dabble in temporal magicks, we still must wait for their return." Jackson offers and will listen to the description of the encounter in the vestibule and, for the first time since Naliyah has met him, he briefly frowns. "Well, you are a relatively unique here and Merctown is home to all sorts, even those who'd use that uniqueness to their own gain. Do you remember anything about the trio within the Collegiate? "

Jackson's frown turns into a exasperated sigh at the revelation of the message. "I was worried I cleaned them out of that; hopefully he doesn't hold it against me." he admits sheepishly before adding, "Ah, well her warning changes things. They aren't looking for you, but for me! And that, I can deal with; I wonder who they are, can you describe their appearance?" Jackson finishes.

"Yes I can... two were females, one was male. The male had greenish skin and seemed a bit reptilian. The other two females appeared human, though one had noticeably different ears. It was hard to tell beneath her hair."

Underguard wrote:Naliyah then sees Alyssa approach with several vials. "We're ready; shall I go begin the preparations?" She asks Jackson, while handing him a container with twelve vials, four groupings of three.

"Yes, go. Be on your guard and trust no one without my word. I will be there shortly." Jackson says, taking the vials with a tilt of his head. Alyssa nods and walks out of the room, Jackson then turns back to Naliyah. "I hate to cut this short; but since my work has been marked it makes getting this done sooner rather than later an imperative." Jackson starts, moving towards his desk and collecting several different tomes, parchments and components. He pauses and looks back to the lioness. "Want to help us banish a demon?"

Wow... really? This sounds like a grand opportunity.

"I... would be honored, Master Jackson. What shall I do, and what do I need to know? I've never banished an actual demon before... we have not encountered many on the Pride Worlds. In fact... I can't recall ever having encountered one in an adversarial scenario, and know little about them... unless we count the Temporal Raider, which I also do not know enough about..."

I really should remedy this by a formal study of magic and monsters...

Naliyah listens closely to what Master Jackson tells her and does her best to prepare for what lies ahead.
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Underguard » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:19 am

"Yes I can... two were females, one was male. The male had greenish skin and seemed a bit reptilian. The other two females appeared human, though one had noticeably different ears. It was hard to tell beneath her hair."

Jackson nods, "Hopefully they were just lingering eyes, be sure to point them out to me if we spot them."

" In fact... I can't recall ever having encountered one in an adversarial scenario, and know little about them... unless we count the Temporal Raider, which I also do not know enough about..."

Jackson simply smiles, "Fear not, I wanted to you join as a witness. " He places a couple vials from the batch Alyssa gave him into Naliyah's vest. "Hold onto these for now, when the time comes you'll take each in succession. It'll help ward off possession and other nasty side effects of this sort of work."

Before Naliyah can ask any questions, Jackson walks to the wall and casts a spell she is familiar with as she watches the outline of a mystic opening seem to manifest on the wall. "We'll continue through here. Shall we?"

Jackson waves for Naliyah to lead them through the mystic portal to Jackson's warehouse.
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Ernstweavel » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:31 am

Perception:1d100 = 73 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 69
Conditions: none

Ernstweavel walks through the main gate. Pausing for a brief moment to gaze the mighty elementals and their backdrop. Taking his time, he walks past the outer wall and into the courtyard. Eventually making his way into the main building. Searching for some help, he looks for a courtesy desk or someone who might be able to help. "Excuse me, I don't want to take too much of your time but I was wondering if you might know where I can find some information about joking the Collegiate Arcane and Mystic Guild? Mostly I want to know if there are any prerequisites and what the membership fee is. Then after we get that squared away, I'm going to be looking for some mentors. I want to expand my knowledge of the arcane arts. Do you know any and what are the going rates?"
P.P.E.: 173 / 173
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Underguard » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:33 pm

Ernstweavel approaches the main gate and is greeted by a pair of large and imposing elementals. The Elementals allow the human to pass after a moment by stepping to the side, the ornate doors allowing access to the grounds.

He quickly finds the individual he is looking for, the only one at a desk in the foyer of the Collegiate in robes with more than a few tomes on the desk. After approaching the desk and asking his question, the mage, a fellow but much older human nods, opening a book with the wave of a hand with a raise of the eyebrow. "Joking the Collegiate, or joining?" The older man jests.

"Hello, You may call me Cantamen. The annual fee for someone of your stature is 4,000 credits for membership. We also encourage the donations of any magical items or artifacts you may not need. There are a few terms with the membership; know that by being a member of the Collegiate, you may be called to the Defense of Merctown, the Collegiate or their interests. Second; you are free to pursue your own goals and use the resources of the Collegiate, though these goals must not be in direct opposition to Merctown, The Collegiate or their interests. We can handle the annual fee right now if you are able, and please sign the book." He states.

"As for your own personal interests; the main library is an excellent location to find general knowledge and a great deal of fellow associate practitioners, many of whom are teachers in their own arts. Donations are a good way to get on a teacher's good graces, or doing work for them."
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Ernstweavel » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:41 pm

Perception:1d100 = 4 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 51
Conditions: none

Ernstweavel laughs at himself when Cantamen makes a joke. Ernstweavel's face becomes flush with embarrassment. What did I just say? Joking? WTF? I'll probably known as that one dude with a speech impediment. I got to slow my roll and focus "We can take care of the annual fee today. Luckily I brought that with me today." Ernstweavel bends over and lifts his right foot up. He reaches into his shoe and finds his non secured black card and pulls it out. Handing it over to Cantamen before signing the book. "Here you go, sir. That sounds great. I'll have to go and check out the main library, than. Thank you for the vital information and your time of course." Ernstweavel finishes up any more paperwork that needs to be completed. Once everything is done, he bids Cantamen a farewell, again. Afterwards he takes a stroll through the library. Taking note of all the things that going on. Once Ernstweavel is satisfied with getting familiar with the grounds. He heads back to the MARS's compound.

M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)
P.P.E.: 173 / 173
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Return to The Mystic Quarter