The Doom of Nxla, Acts 2-4: Discovery, Allies, Rituals

The Spook Squad & the Roughnecks team up to tackle a dangerous, high stakes mission in the Federation of Magic.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Daphne » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 3/32% Critical Success!
Just in Case: 1d20 = 2; 1d100 = 16
Conditions: None.
Location: Meadows Group.


Kittiani Transformable Fighter Info:
Main Body: 350/450
Pulse Cannon (2): Payload: Unlimited
Mini-Missile Launchers (2): Payload: 12/16 AP Mini-Missiles (8 each)
Laser Turret: Payload: Unlimited
Forearm Energy Blades: Payload: Unlimited.
NG-505 Rail Gun (Hand Held): Payload: 90/90


Skills
Pilot: Robots & Power Armor 1d100 = 16/87% Pass (To keep her bird in the air.)



Initiative: 1d20+2 = 6
Number of Attacks: 7

Action One: Drop down to 200'.
Action Two: Transform into Robot Form.
Action Three: Equip NG-505 Rail Gun.
Action Four: Fire NG-505 Rail Gun at Unknown 5. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 14; Damage: 1d6*10 = 40+3= 43 M.D. (3' AOE))
Action Five: Fire NG-505 Rail Gun at Unknown 5. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 17; Damage: 1d6*10 = 50+3= 53 M.D. (3' AOE))
Action Six: Fire NG-505 Rail Gun at Unknown 5. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 16; Damage: 1d6*10 = 20+3= 23 M.D. (3' AOE))
Action Seven: Fire NG-505 Rail Gun at Unknown 5. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 24 Nat 20!; Damage: 1d6*10 = 10+3= 13 M.D. 26 M.D. (3' AOE))

Special Note: If Unknown 5 gets too close to someone who would get hurt by the rail gun's AOE, Daphne will switch targets to something else that isn't immediately next to anyone.

Dodges as Necessary: 1d20+8 = 18, 1d20+8 = 20, 1d20+8 = 26, 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 10, 1d20+8 = 23, 1d20+8 = 20.
Parries if Applicable: 1d20+9 = 22, 1d20+9 = 20, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 18, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 28, 1d20+9 = 28.



Daphne looks at the field and sees it's getting complicated. This coupled with the storm making it difficult to fly makes her change her proposed tactics. Gotta drop lower and maybe fire the five oh five at them... Seems like a good enough plan. Daphne thinks as she drops her altitude eighteen hundred feet and switches from fighter mode to robot mode. Once the Kittani fighter is robot shaped, Daphne manipulates it to pull the magnetized rail gun off of it's spot and picks a target. That one will do. Daphne thinks as she sights it in and pulls the trigger on the anti-ship weapon. Daphne corrects her aim after each shot and fires again. This is a strange day.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment & Gear
See Here For accurate list.
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:16 am

JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 92
Init: 1d20 = 8
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 49
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 61
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 59


Conditions:
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 88
Seymour:
[*]Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw

Skills Used
OOC Comments
T.V./Video -- 47% / 1d100 = 37 - decent shots
Photography -- 52% / 1d100 = 5 - sellable shots
Surveillance -- 54% / 1d100 = 54 - activate cameras
Computer Operation 70% / 1d100 = 54 - have a camera “keep six”
Intelligence 40% / 1d100 = 71 - look for journals, paperwork… anything that will help learn their plans
Literacy: American -- 70% / 1d100 = 2 - read anything found
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 52% / 1d100 = 55 - id targets
Radio: Basic -- 67% / 1d100 = 32 - use radio
Prowl 76% / 1d100 = 54 - stay quiet


Post -
Temple Group
Seymour continues hugging the wall while he works on his cameras. Hearing Ronan’s question Seymour holds up one finger in the universal motion of “One minute.” ”I will give it a go.” He takes a couple seconds and types on his gauntlet. With a thumbs up, ”All good!!” ”I think”. Keep up his stealthy act, he moves into the library.

Using everything Terry taught him, he searches it as thoroughly as he is able. ”Okay. The team said that we needed to find journals, or notes, or something to help us figure out the plan of these fuckers.” He takes a second to make sure one camera if watching their backside while the other is continuing forward recon. He will scoop up anything he finds that falls into the parameters of the mission. Seymour will fight to defend himself, concentrating on throwing opponents into walls or other baddies.

APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 21

Parries: 1d20+10 = 22 | 1d20+10 = 19 | 1d20+10 = 29 | 1d20+10 = 29 |

Auto-Dodges; 1d20+14 = 16 | 1d20+14 = 20 | 1d20+14 = 17 | 1d20+14 = 32 |

A1: Auto Parry 1d20+10 = 26 / body flip/throw into wall 1d20+8 = 16 / Damage 3d6 = 13
A2: Auto Parry 1d20+10 = 19 / body flip/throw into wall 1d20+8 = 28 / Damage 3d6 = 9
A3: Auto Parry 1d20+10 = 21 / body flip/throw into others 1d20+8 = 22 / Damage 3d6 = 10
A4: Auto Parry 1d20+10 = 16 / body flip/throw into wall 1d20+8 = 23 / Damage 3d6 = 8
A5: Auto Parry 1d20+10 = 20 / body flip/throw into wall 1d20+8 = 25 / Damage 3d6 = 12
A6: Auto Parry 1d20+10 = 15 / body flip/throw into others 1d20+8 = 19 / Damage 3d6 = 12
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:26 am

Perception: 1d100 = 60 / 73%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 10

RUINS GROUP

CONDITIONS: John is Full Size, Pebbles, See Invisible, Radar is fouled past the inn door.

As Wolf, Rocky, Mierin and Saul head down the stairs, John says, "I can't actually..." Then, he spits his helmet out from inside his body and sets it sideways on a table.

He looks at Zion. "I don't know why everyone keeps acting like I can hear the radio right now." All his pebbles rattle around in a thousand tiny shrugs. "Hopefully this thing is loud enough to recognize a distress call even if I'm not wearing it."

John then reaches out a rocky tentacle and dumps the leftover drinks on himself. "I'm pretty sure these will absorb, later. No sense wasting good drinks. Are you a sex pervert? The last Nxla cultist was a sex pervert."

Although talking, John keeps a careful lookout on the darkness outside the inn, waiting for whatever screamed in the night to arrive.

Detect Concealment (to see if anything is hiding in the rain): 1d100 = 72 / 51%
Detect Ambush (to spot anything sneaking up on them): 1d100 = 68 / 51%
Perception (to determine if Zion is lying about being either a cultist or a sex pervert): 1d100 = 4 / 73%
Lore: Demons & Monsters (to see if John knows what could have made that scream): 1d100 = 44 / 81%
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic (to see if John knows what could have made that scream): 1d100 = 78 / 56%
Last edited by John Altfeld on Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Mierin » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 72 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 57

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 61 (88%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 56 (59%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Prowl 1d100 = 8 (83%) to not attract undue attention to herself

Lexington Ruins Group

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Sustain – duration: 20 days

Mierin isn't disturbed or surprised by Saul's announcement that there was supernatural evil around them. Given what was going on, that was a given to her. She nods at Saul in acknowledgement of what he had told them and says, “Then we had best be prepared.”

Mierin follows the others down into the basement, going as quietly as she can. If there was something nasty down there, Mierin didn't want to tip them off to the group's arrival, if at all possible. She continues to keep an eye out for any signs of attack or trap that may be waiting for them in the basement.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies

Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:02 pm

Perception: 79% 1d100 = 47
JIC: 1d100 = 65/1d100 = 18


Meadow Group
Conditions
On a Ley Line
  • Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.
  • Damage is increased by 1 additional die.
Psi Armor Body Field
  • 70/70 MDC

Suppress Fear
Enhanced Perception
This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.). The psionic power provides the psychic with a +3 to Perception, + I to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +I0% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl.


As two have closed hand to hand with Jack. Jack brings down the fire all around him, 1 yard behind him (Fire Eruption) if that is not enough he super fuels the flames. If he sees He needs it to destroy these two. He switches to Sword

INIT: 1d20+2 = 9
wrong Type1d100 = 42
APM: 6
Action 1: Fire Eruption 76 1d100 = 94 2d6 yards off, 2d6 = 5 + 40' area 6d6 M.D 20 min 20 ISP Damage 7d6 = 24

Action 2: Super Fuel 8 ISP for 10 x increase to Area 400 sq Feet kill those attacking him (halved all attacks) 24x10=240 MD
Action 3: Flame Burst Body Protection 6 ISP for 72 MDC 24x10=240 MD
Action 4: no attacks due to eruption, Switch from Rifle to Sword 24x10=240 MD
Action 5: no attacks due to eruption, Switch from Rifle to to Sword 24x10=240 MD
Action 6: no attacks due to eruption, Switch from Rifle Sword 24x10=240 MD
Parry: 1d20+10 = 20 , 1d20+10 = 13 , 1d20+10 = 27 , 1d20+10 = 19 , 1d20+10 = 22, 1d20+10 = 25
Last edited by Jack Killian on Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Rocky » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:15 pm

Perception: 65%1d100 = 70
JIC d20: 1d20 = 4 d100: 1d100 = 17

Lexington Group

Conditions
OOC Comments
See Invisible
Crystal Armor 30 MDC + Force Field 70 MDC
Electrokinesis Resistance. The psychic can manipulate his body so to become resistant to electricity. Up to 60,000 volts will inflict no damage or ill effect. Currents greater than 60,000 volts, including lightning and magic electricity, do half damage. 4 ISP
Natural Ability
Heightened Presence Senses: 80% 1d100 = 16

• Range: 170’ To pinpoint location of a presence
• Durat Constant
• Automatically sense all presences


Number of Attacks: 7
Rocky speaks up before they head down Rocky speaks up, “I see the group about a dozen huddle down in some ruins somewhere they are frightened, the walls are loose, ancient stone works. And outside is some silent Chanting of a signal voice.”

At Sauls comments Rocky agrees “There is something evil here or close by It might not be here, but let us eliminate that possibility.”

When Zion Mentions that Magic Users or Psi need to stay back. Rocky thinks “Zion must be one who can disrupt those powers.”

"I heard chanting I might be able to locate him if he is Supernatural.”

Sense Supernatural Evil
o Range: 1100' (+100')
o Duration: Permanent effect
o Identify Type:92% (+2%)
o Track by Psychic Scent: 92%
ID 92% 1d100 = 64 Track 92% 1d100 = 32
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wakiza » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 28 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 58

Conditions: Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee); Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry) Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle); Combat Acrobatics. Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible. [*]Superhuman Speed: BoM P. 109, 24m remaining, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv P. 14, 12m remaining, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/ impact, Auto Dodge: +5, Walk Tightrope: 88%, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/ Impact from moving vehicle or explosion/concussive blast
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM P. 109, 12m remaining, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv P. 16, 12m remaining, +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.

Group: Temple

Wak will move along striking at the remaining foes while watching Will's back. More undead, lovely. These things should be in the spirit-world not here doing some necros bidding. Wak helps to finish off anything left.

Once the bone fiends are down he says, "Will and I will go right and check the place clear. Stay connected on comms. We will let you know if we find any paperbacks." Wak carefully surveys the area while moving forward with Will. He is wielding Derilian.

Magic Lore-- 1d100 = 36 / 58% (the arcing Obelisk?)
Prowl-- 1d100 = 69 / 103%
Detect Ambush--1d100 = 8 / 78% (Obvious, as they are moving around the temple)
Detect Concealment--1d100 = 40 / 73% (looking for traps)

APM: 8
Init: 1d20+11 = 30

Striking if needed, otherwise moving carefully.

Action 1: Strike bone fiend or other enemy. Strike: 1d20+16 = 34 CRIT Damage: 10d6+4 = 35 x2 = 70 MD
Action 2: Strike bone fiend or other enemy. Strike: 1d20+16 = 17 Damage: 10d6+4 = 41
Action 3: Strike bone fiend or other enemy. Strike: 1d20+16 = 26 Damage: 10d6+4 = 39
Action 4: Strike bone fiend or other enemy. Strike: 1d20+16 = 17 Damage: 10d6+4 = 41
Action 5: Strike bone fiend or other enemy. Strike: 1d20+16 = 26 Damage: 10d6+4 = 44
Action 6: Strike bone fiend or other enemy. Strike: 1d20+16 = 32 Damage: 10d6+4 = 30
Action 7: Strike bone fiend or other enemy. Strike: 1d20+16 = 18 Damage: 10d6+4 = 37
Action 8: Strike bone fiend or other enemy. Strike: 1d20+16 = 25 Damage: 10d6+4 = 29

Auto-dodge: 1d20+12 = 32 1d20+12 = 17 1d20+12 = 32 1d20+12 = 25 1d20+12 = 32 1d20+12 = 15 1d20+12 = 27 1d20+12 = 19
Parry: 1d20+19 = 38 1d20+19 = 37 1d20+19 = 28 1d20+19 = 37 1d20+19 = 21 1d20+19 = 33 1d20+19 = 26 1d20+19 = 38
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 43/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 76 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby William Summers » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 8/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 48


Group: Temple

Conditions
[*]Armor of Ithan: RUE P. 202, 14:45/15m remaining, 67/100 MDC, 1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold.
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM P. 100, 14:45/15m remaining, blinds attackers within 10-ft radius, see spell description for other details.
[*]Energy Sphere: 603/800 PPE
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM P. 109, 23:45/24m remaining, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv P. 14, 11:45/12m remaining, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/ impact, Auto Dodge: +5, Walk Tightrope: 88%, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/ Impact from moving vehicle or explosion/concussive blast
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM P. 109, 11:45/12m remaining, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv P. 16, 11:45/12m remaining, +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
[*]Ley Line Proximity: Double range/duration/damage, Will can draw 10PPE/melee. Double magic weapon damage/range.
[*]Personal PPE: 178/178
[*]Captured PPE: 20/356. 60/60 minutes


With the others, Will heads up the stairs until they are within reach of the obelisk. ”You all head West. Wak, East with me. We'll call out if we need the help.” Will then heads to the East, past the green lightning of the obelisk and into the less lit room. Depending on how dark the room is, Will decides to either activate or not his Ring of Eyes of the Wolf to see in the dark. He pulls some more PPE from the ley line before he heads in. In passing, he attempts to figure out what the obelisk is. If an opponent presents itself, he will work on whittling it down to size.

Skills
Lore: Magic - To discover the purpose of the obelisk. 1d100 = 51/65%
Prowl - To move quietly through the temple. 1d100 = 80/75%
Detect Ambush - To see any incoming assaults before they happen. 1d100 = 51/75%
Trap/Mine Detection - Looking for any tricksy Temple of the Lost Ark kinda traps. Stones on the floor that spell Yahweh, a shelf full of cool looking cups, etc. 1d100 = 62/65%
The " What the hell are we even fighting?!" set
  • Lore: D-Bees - 1d100 = 29/60%
  • Lore: Demons and Monsters - 1d100 = 1/85%
  • Lore: Faeries and Creatures of Magic - 1d100 = 38/60%
  • Mythology - 1d100 = 44/50%


Initiative: 1d20+12 = 14 (+1 from Superhuman Agility and Fighting Spirit)
APM: 10 (8+2 from Fighting Spirit)

Striking if an opponent presents itself.

Action 1: Strike opponent with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 16 Damage: 8d6+14 = 36 and save vs Magic.
Action 2: Strike opponent with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 29 (CRIT!) Damage: 8d6+14 = 41 (68) and save vs Magic.
Action 3: Strike opponent with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 23 Damage: 8d6+14 = 35 and save vs Magic.
Action 4: Strike opponent with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 19 Damage: 8d6+14 = 44 and save vs Magic.
Action 5: Strike opponent with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 23 Damage: 8d6+14 = 34 and save vs Magic.
Action 6: Strike opponent with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 27 Damage: 8d6+14 = 34 and save vs Magic.
Action 7: Strike opponent with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 20 Damage: 8d6+14 = 40 and save vs Magic.
Action 8: Strike opponent with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 15 Damage: 8d6+14 = 38 and save vs Magic.
Action 9: Strike opponent with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 19 Damage: 8d6+14 = 39 and save vs Magic.
Action 10: Strike opponent with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 22 Damage: 8d6+14 = 44 and save vs Magic.

Parries: 1d20+16 = 33 1d20+16 = 25 1d20+16 = 23 1d20+16 = 21 1d20+16 = 35 (CRIT!) 1d20+16 = 19 1d20+16 = 36 (CRIT!) 1d20+16 = 33 1d20+16 = 19 1d20+16 = 30
Auto-Dodges: 1d20+5 = 21 1d20+5 = 10 1d20+5 = 16 1d20+5 = 20 1d20+5 = 20 1d20+5 = 18 1d20+5 = 13 1d20+5 = 22 1d20+5 = 9 1d20+5 = 13


Contingencies:
If there are any enemies to the right, Will maintains his defensive stance while communicating the size of the force to the rest of the team via the radio.
If Will's magical protection goes down, he will cast Invincible Armor on himself.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zed » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:55 am

Perception: 23% | 1d100 = 33
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 52

MEADOWS GROUP

Conditions:
Fly as the Eagle [59 min : 45 sec | +1 to parry, +2 to dodge, +2 damage (on a diving attack) | 40mph = 58.666666 ft/sec | 880 ft/action (15sec)]


Intentions:
Zed flies away from combat briefly staying low but getting behind the nearest wall. While doing so he quickly casts Armor of Ithan in reflex to it being destroyed in one shot. Then Chameleon and after this he starts gathering more ppe from the leyline while surveying the scene.

What were you thinking Zed? “The Cavalry” WAITS for the right time to come in, AFTER battle has been underway. “The Cavalry” does not rush in.’ The Timneh scolds himself, determined not to make that mistake again.

Actions:
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 23
Att: 4

Action 1: Fly behind the nearest wall/cover while casting: Armor of Ithan [10ppe, 30mdc, ]
Action 2: Cast: Chameleon [6ppe, 13.5min]
Action 3: Gather ppe from leyline
Action 4: Reserved for a flying dodge (+4,+2) 1d20+6 = 12

Skills:
Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 55% | 1d100 = 72 To identify any of the "monsters/beings" on site each time he looks at one.
Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 55% | 1d100 = 18 To identify any of the "monsters/beings" on site each time he looks at one.
Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 55% | 1d100 = 74 To identify any of the "monsters/beings" on site each time he looks at one.
Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 55% | 1d100 = 59 To identify any of the "monsters/beings" on site each time he looks at one.
Lore: Demons & Monsters-- 55% | 1d100 = 15 To identify any of the "monsters/beings" on site each time he looks at one.

Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic-- 50% | 1d100 = 63 To identify any of the "monsters/beings" on site each time he looks at one.
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic-- 50% | 1d100 = 37 To identify any of the "monsters/beings" on site each time he looks at one.
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic-- 50% | 1d100 = 31 To identify any of the "monsters/beings" on site each time he looks at one.
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic-- 50% | 1d100 = 14 To identify any of the "monsters/beings" on site each time he looks at one.
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic-- 50% | 1d100 = 24 To identify any of the "monsters/beings" on site each time he looks at one.

Lore: Magic & Geomancy-- 50% | 1d100 = 77 This is being used as a general overview and to understand more so what is going on at the "Meadows" site after being there.
Lore: Magic & Geomancy-- 50% | 1d100 = 47 This one is to double check his understanding, and see if he missed anything.
Lore: Magic & Geomancy-- 50% | 1d100 = 46 This one is after Zed has flown behind cover if he can think of something else.

Contingencies:
Zed will attempt to leave the fight and make a better go at it next round. If targeted he will dodge, but main thinking is to get an AOI up first.
He will try to fly to a place where he can be behind cover, but also be able to see whats going on if need be.
Last edited by Zed on Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
P.P.E.: 177|30 +3d6/lvl
S.D.C.: 45|45
H.P.: 20|20 +1d6/lvl


Special Abilities
1. One with the body: -50% fatigue rate, hold breath for 3 minutes, +5% to balance
2. One with the mind: alert and able to stay focused even when all hell is breaking loose around him
3. One with Magic: comprehensive understanding of the principles of magic and is especially well versed in ritual magic and power spells
4. Pilot Automaton. [All, but prefers the Colossus]
5. May Draw P.P.E. from ley lines, nexus points, people, and ritual blood sacrifice the same as a Ley Line Walker
6. Link with the Lords of Magic: can draw upon the P.P.E. reserves of the three Lords of Magic to create magic weapons via the Enchant Weapons (minor) spell, at 50% P.P.E. cost to The Three; alerts The Three when a High Mage is killed
7. Automaton Creation & Bonding Rituals: knows the secrets of creating Automatons and the bonding ritual that gives the Controllers their unique union with the magical constructs


Zed aka Daelur Ezekiel Zenth
User avatar
Zed
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:57 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image


Meadow Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2030.5
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Northeast of the Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Daphne (MARS; Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter)
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
----Tony the Tiger-Bot (Lahz's)--shadowing Lahz
Felix (MARS, flying solo)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Zed (Roughnecks; flying solo)

Minerva cleaves the head from the shoulders of the Xombie that's assaulted her with uncanny ease before willing her telekinetic abilities to the fore and grab the undead being (Unknown 6) with her power and shoving him into the mass of writhing mystic tendrils in which Lahz, too, is caught. It lands on its arse, not its face, such are the physics of the the psionic attack, but the damned thing is likely mired nonetheless. She advances to between the opening between the walls to get a better visual of the battlefield, then seizes the Harvester (#1) with the same telekinetic grip.

Felix can't make heads or tails of what he's fighting, but he's giving it his all. Certainly the mage before him was a human of some persuasion, and Felix proceeds to batter at the mages defenses with tremendous physical attacks, causing the mage to stumble back from the barrage, but the mage mutters something, and for a moment, Felix is transfixed with terror. In that moment, the mage blasts him with the odd shotgun-like weapon in his hands. Felix finds himself uninjured, but wrapped tight in a net. The terror remains a powerful force in his mind, but he's able to fight it now that the shock of it has worn off. (2 APM to cut free with M.D. blades or SN P.S.) The mage follows up the entrapping spell with a series of lightning blasts that begin to wreak havoc against Felix's protective psychic field.

Jack attempts to start a fire directly behind him, but the fire manifests in front of him some ten or so feet even as he pours his strength of will into hyper-fueling the flame to a tremendous size. The damage (6D6 M.D.) is tremendous and widespread, encompassing an area one hundred and forty feet in diameter around the focal point of his will. Minerva is caught in the blazing inferno, but her psionic force field protects her from the damage. Two of the four groups of fleeing captives, however, are not so lucky, and are immediately burned to ashes by the mega-hot flame. (Jack immediately drops in alignment to unprincipled & develops an insanity) The undead upon him, however, fare differently. The Xombie catches fire and begins to burn, but it's not immediately reduced to ashes unlike the dozen or so captives he just cremated in mid flight. The other undead doesn't seem disturbed by the fire whatsoever, but instead Jack's display seems to egg it on enough for it to vocalize in mindless hatred, "DESTROY THE BEAUTIFUL!"

Lahz shifts the mace to his suit's left hand, draws his WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun with his suit's free gauntlet, then radios, "Tony, ranged, silver." He then activates the Marauder's automated turrets to fire on proximity targets before keying the radio again, "Anyone have an ID on what these things are? The non-humans that is." Stuck point blank with his target in close proximity, Lahz unloads silver buckshot in his target's (Unknown 7) general direction, not needing precise accuracy with such ammunition. The undead thing behind the mounted weapon suffers multiple, small buckshot rounds burning in its flesh as it unloads in reply. Like an amateur heavyweight boxing match, the two square off and seem to simply trade blows until one drops. the integrated force field pops after the second blast catches his flat-footed suit, the next three shots batter his suit's armor. Lahz's technically advanced mind recognizes a no-win, tit-for-tat exchange when he sees one. His suit was going to be a pile of smoking ruin before the undead thing at this rate with this tactical approach. Yet what was he to do with his suit stuck like this? Tony disengages and runs south, hurdling over the wall in the process, but finds that his line of sight for shots against his designated target are blocked by the very wall he surmounted in his escape. Hearing Lahz's command he dutifully switches weapons then inquires over comms, "Target obstructed by defensive cover. Please advise."

Zed flies back behind the nearby wall as he re-casts his protective magic then follows that with a spell to help him hide from plain sight so long as he moves incredibly slowly. Floating there just out of sight behind the wall, he slowly floats over it far enough again to regain a view of the battlefield and use his wits. He doesn't know what unknowns 1 & 2 might be, unknowns 6 & 8 are clearly disgusting Blighters though, likewise unknowns 3 & 4 are rather obviously mostly harmless Gravediggers, but though undead beings of some form, unknowns 5 & 7 are beyond his ken. His knowledge of geomancy, however, offers no insight to their present situation.

Daphne drops her her fighter to two hundred feet and switches to robot mode then manipulates it to pull the magnetized rail gun and picks a target (Unknown 5). While the kinetic force of the first burst of rounds staggers the undead humanoid in its tracks, it seems utterly unphased by the punishing damage. She's quick enough with her perspective of the battlefield to recognize AA fire when she sees it though, and the two figures near Lahz's immobilized power armor (Unknowns 1 & 2) are sending energy rifle blasts her way! She ducks & weaves in hover, and manages to avoid all but two grazing shots (Daphne has 1 action next melee due to defensive actions spent).

Daphne's mind quickly takes in the tactical situation below from her unique perspective and surmises that it looks totally lost. (Critical perception success) Their hardest-hitting assets were doing negligible damage overall in comparison to the damage they were receiving, Jack has fucking roasted half the fleeing survivors, Lahz's power armor was immobilized and getting thoroughly trashed by that heavy weapon mounted on the back of the ATV, and his 'bot had already taken significant damage in their initial exchange. Minerva and Zed were seemingly ineffectual with whatever they were doing and had moved in out of sync with the others, and Felix had just gotten himself netted by a mage whose ass he'd been kicking only moments prior. The whole thing was fucked.

Map
Image

GM NOTES:
  • You're somewhat Northeast of the Lexington Ruins.
  • You have a default 2% chance to be struck by lightning, 5% if in heavy armor/PA/RCV/vehicle, 10% if flying.




Lexington Ruins Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2020
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Zion (MARS)

Saul says to Wolf and Mierin as they approach the stairs to the inn's basement, "Colleagues, we are definitively in the presence of supernatural evil. Be on your guard." Wolf pulls down his multi-optics band just in case as they descend the stairs. Mierin responds curtly, "Then we had best be prepared." They all descend the stairs, their way down lit by a dull glow from below. At the foot of the stairs they recognize the basement for what it is: a storeroom. Barrels of various beverages and crates filled with non-perishable foodstuffs fill the room. A handful of oil lamp sconces around the room light the space well enough to see, yet leave the room dark enough to make one wary. A door opposite the foot of the stairs is half open and reveals what is obviously a wine cellar. Mierin and Saul both see the other set of doors in the room though they elude Wolf's notice. There's a set of doors behind a stack of barrels in the far Northeast corner of the room. The doors are sealed with a deadbolt lock.
Basement Map
Image

John, Rocky and Zion remain in the main room of the inn, listening to the regular crashes of thunder, occasional bizarre screams, and constant white noise of the falling rain. Rocky senses the supernatural evil that awaits them outside should they choose to brave the thunderstorm and the darkness.
Inn Map
Image

GM NOTE:
  • You're in the heart of the Lexington Ruins.
  • You have a default 2% chance to be struck by lightning, 5% if in heavy armor/PA/RCV/vehicle, 10% if flying (all if outside).




Temple Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2200.5
Environmental Effects: 85°, oppressively humid; night time/dark
Ley Line: 5 miles long, 500' thick, East-West axis, centered on Temple Mound; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: in the wilderness South of Stormspire & East-Northeast of Dunscon; perhaps an hour from the region/forest known as Soulharvest

Order of Battle
Mouser (not yet arrived)
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Brokswa (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Bel'Dar (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)

Wakiza follows Will in through the open Eastern doorway. Neither can make heads or tails of the obelisk, though it seems to function as some form of focal point for...something. The walls everywhere are covered in carved images and characters, some of which appear to be magic in origin and purpose. The huge stone doors stand open and oddly inviting in a peculiarly fascinating way despite the poor lighting and sense of dread that accompanies such welcoming darkness. The floor seems to gradually transmogrify into a spongy, horrific simulacra of stone beneath their feet, and they can clearly hear the sucking sound and feel the slight resistance as their feet lift with each step. In an alcove further to the East they can see a writhing mass of shadowy tentacles reaching out from the dark, and before the mass, on the floor, a huge congealed pool of blood. Will maintains his professional detachment despite his standard excitement, or perhaps because of it, but Wakiza's mind utterly reels at the incomprehensible vastness of the callous and indifferent void implied by the dark, and the portent of universal malicious intent barely discerned by his feeble, mortal brain. The tentacles are symbols, visual manifestations of the universe's maleficent disinterest at his own insignificance. (Wakiza has developed an insanity.) Wakiza feels the faintest sensation of wetness between his legs for a brief moment before he regains control of his body, but it's long enough to jeopardize his life as a skeletal, putrid thing rushes around the corner to confront him and Will. Wakiza is momentarily still rooted in psychic horror when thing with the energy rifle round the corner intent on slaying them, but Will's excited cool saves him in his moment of weakness and shock, and the battle mage meets the thing's rifle, intent on crushing in Wakiza's skull, with his magic blade, then proceeds to launch a counterattack. Wakiza regains his wits though shaken to his subconscious by his recent revelation regarding the import of the seen and the unseen, and the two are quickly able to dispatch the undead horror without taking so much as a scratch. Immediately after the thing's dead, Will recognizes it for what it is: an Evisceral, an undead horror written of only infrequently, and mostly in legends from another, far more primitive and chaotic dimension. Further north they see what they now recognize to be a Harvester necromancer (facing West) chanting and prodding some unseen figures with a heavy plasma ejector of some kind. Farthest to the North, standing with its back to the wall is a being which is clearly undead. His decayed flesh mostly covered by some worn plate armor, a C-27 Light Plasma Cannon in hand, and a Vibro-sword by his side. Will realizes with horror one other, easily overlooked feature which makes his blood run cold: along the thing's collar bones, just barely visible due to the obstruction of the armor, is the unmistakable shape of a bio-comp harness.
Map
Image

Vheld, Ronan, and Seymour make their way through the Western doorway to the scene of a well-lite pentagram circle on the floor, and the library just beyond. The walls everywhere in the interior chambers beyond the vestibule are covered in carved images and characters, some of which appear to be magic in origin and purpose. The huge stone doors stand open and oddly inviting in a peculiarly fascinating way despite the poor lighting and sense of dread that accompanies the sight of so much paper spilled across the floor and shelves which adorn the library. Seymour obliges Ronan and sends one of his floaters (F1) to the vestibule to watch the group's sole exit from this godsforsaken place. Ronan, however, has his hands full with the Vibro-sabre wielding Bone Fiend which rushes at them even as he, Vheld, and Seymour cross the threshold. Ronan spies the scene and quickly summarizes across his radio the situation. "Library is occupied with a Bone Fiend, one Harvester visible in a larger chamber beyond." Ronan's magical protection shields him from some a few of the things attacks before he and Vheld manage to bring it down. Vheld realizes that turn dead has absolutely no effect upon the undead, but isn't quite so sure about the utility of lifeblast given the variety of strange undead beings present as he manages to send some lightning into the Bone Fiend and duck its hasty blows. However, upon sighting the library, he immediately rushes to the stacks of books on the shelves and papers littering the floor, clearly obsessed with the focus of his pursuit (no D20 JIC), and begins to sift madly through the masses of literature present in search of the mage's journals. (Provide a 1D4 roll [melees] for time to recover your wits). He completely forgets as Browkswa shows up with unearthly alacrity outside the vestibule, and is oblivious to Brokswa's roar of rage as the demon bellows, "Master, I cannot approach the steps of the dais! This place is warded by powerful magicks!" Ronan, Seymour, and Vheld all notice the copious, congealed pools of blood (one near the library area, and one further toward the larger chamber), but all thought of such loses interest as Vheld spots the library, and though disgusting, Ronan doesn't know what to make of it.Seymour recognizes the disgusting muck only after he's stepped in it. Looking down after sending his drones to their respective places, he further doesn't know what to think when he think he sees the pool of blood is flowing towards the South. After bringing down the Bone Fiend, Ronan does another quick scan of their surroundings and how the tactical situation has developed. The bone fiend is down, Vheld has clearly found the focus of his desires and is rifling madly through the contents of the library, and Seymour is acting the part of the watchful observer though he's presently staring at the blood in which he stands. Ronan's eyes take in the further chamber and the archway which defies physics that stands at the end of it. A three-piece stone structure composed of two rough-hewn pillars covered in carvings, and a similar lintel across the top forms the archway itself, but to either side of it, behind it, and through it is only the familiar black void of eternal space. The space encapsulated by the structure, the portal itself, is a swirl of purplish black hues within which he sees images of City One before the tragedy, images of streets and shops with which he's heard so many stories and seen so many holovids that they seem familiar. Old haunts like that shop on the corner of Maplethorpe Street in City One that they say served caff so strong it'd make the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end and give you momentary shivers. He sees also the unmistakable passageways of an A.D.F. starship, dimly lit by Earth standards, but with the the functional austerity he'd always known so well. (At this stage, Ronan finds himself compelled to see the the images more closely. Save vs Insanity [-2 modifier] to break the compulsion.) Seymour looks up from his feet to his gauntlet to see the image presented of what his other floater (F2) is streaming to Seymour's position. Two mages covered in the trappings of death are herding individuals from three large groups of captives to an altar which is already heaped with the bodies of the slain. Two unknown, undead things wait along the far Northern and Western walls while the mages prod a fresh pair of captives towards the altar.

Adversaries known & unknown
Evisceral & Murder Wraith
ImageImage

Map
Image

GM NOTES:
  • You're in the very heart of Soulharvest.
  • There's apparently only one way in or out of the temple.

What are your intentions?

Notes/Gripes:


GM NOTES:
  • BE MINDFUL OF WHICH GROUP YOU'RE IN! (Don't make my mistake) Expand the Order of Battle tag to verify with whom you're traveling before posting.
  • Reminder: Skill checks are ignored which don't also have explanation as to what they're being used to achieve.


Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent

ATRV:
Bel'Dar:
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Brokswa:
Cargonaut:
Daphne:
Felix: -8 I.S.P.; Psionic Force Field: -66 M.D.C.
Jack Killian: -89 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-12 shots, Psychic Body Field & Enhanced Perception; -47 to Psychic Body Field
John Altfeld:
Lahz: (Sustain active), -10 I.S.P.
Marauder PA: LPC: 240 shots/-44 shots; N-F50A Force Field: popped; Main Body: -273 M.D.C.
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Minerva: -75 I.S.P.; -30 M.D. to Psionic Crystal Armor ; Psionic Forcfield: 70/-44 M.D.C.; Hyper-TK activated at 2030.5 (12 mins)
Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter: -123 M.D. to Main Body, -4 AP mini-missiles
Mouser:
NE-ATRV:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
Ray the Robot:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Rocky: -10 I.S.P.
Ronan: -45 personal M.D.C.
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 60 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Saul: -16 P.P.E.; Wings: Fly as the Eagle @1930 (60 mins); Shadow Meld @2020 (10 mins)
Seymour:
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Silhouette:
Slithn:
Spider:
Sshir:
Tony the Tiger-Bot: Cyborg Armor Destroyed; -180 Main Body M.D.C.
Vheld: (Sustain active) -186 P.P.E.; -1 charges/invincible armor talisman; cloak of darkness; -16 S.D.C.
  • Invincible Armor: 136 M.D.C. (-15% to physical skills)
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Wakiza: -40 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; -38 M.D.C. from FF
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
William Summers: -197 P.P.E., -58 MD;
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 67 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Quickaction: +10 to next non-strike roll.
  • Quickstrike: +7 to next strike/attack roll
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Wolf Whitaker:
Zed: -51 P.P.E.; Fly as the Eagle activated at 2000; AoI: 30 M.D.; Chameleon @ 2030.5 (12.75 mins)
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5388
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 80

Paranoia Thought Text

Lexington Ruins Group

Wolf Looks around the empty basement. If anyone could see his face behind his helmet they would see his face fall for the briefest moments. NO!NO!NO!NO! Shit! ¡Mierda!...I guess that's one way to sensor yourself. I think you messed up. The monkey is really going to kill you if you prevented him from rescuing people...I know! Damn it I know! Can't let them know I messed up. Lets keep looking around. Maybe there is a secret room or something...You are just stalling...Yes I am. I'm not about to admit I was wrong and we should have followed Saul into the thunderstorm. Not going to happen, at least not yet. Not till we have looked though this whole basement...Still just stalling no matter what you call it...Yes it is, Hey wine. Could use this for later...Changing the subject like that? Really?

Wolf will holster his weapons as he moves through the wine cellar looking for possible hidden areas. At the same time he is checking on the wine he will look for some of the better quality wine and place a couple of bottles in his bag. He will then continue his search in the rest of the basement.

If at any time someone finds a hidden door or other area in the basement; Wolf will give a quiet clap and nod in approval with a smile. "Lets get the others. We should stay together." Wolf will then get thee others from upstairs and lead them to the other area in the basement.

Find Contraband-- 1d100 = 9/50% (looking for hidden switches or doors or hidden areas)
Prowl-- 1d100 = 31/55% (Keeping quiet to avoid detection)
Streetwise-- 1d100 = 83/44% (Where would be a hidden door or hidden area in the basement)
Streetwise-- 1d100 = 49/44% (Where would a hidden switch for a door be)
Palming-- 1d100 = 14/45% (Hide the fact that he is taking 2 bottles wine from the cellar)
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:11 am

Perception Bonus: 29% /55% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 4 (CRIT. SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 7
1d100 = 58

Condition: Shadow Meld (from armor; 1/40 melees); Sixth Sense (untriggered)

Lexington Ruins Group

Saul descends the stair into the basement as quietly as possible, initially dismayed by the lack of a ritual to stop. He tries to put the scream he'd heard upstairs out of his mind as he scans the basement. His curiosity is piqued by the wine cellar, but the fact the door is standing open means it likely has nothing of immediate concern in it. The other door, however, he finds curious.

He whispers to Wolf and Mierin, "The door - behind the barrels. Could be unused storage. Could be a panic room." He attempts to prowl quietly over to the other door in the dark basement. A hidden room might be an ideal place to conduct a ritual, but I suspect we'd hear the spellcasting from here.

Prowl 60% 1d100 = 61 (From Shadow Meld; cross the basement silently - FAIL)

At the door, Saul attempts to quietly lift and move the barrels away (Provided they are not too heavy for his ape-strength to move; P.S. 21) so he can access the door, trusting his Sixth Sense to warn him of any trap.

Prowl 60% 1d100 = 18 (to move the barrels quietly - SUCCESS)
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 30/30
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 156/156
I.S.P.: 85/98

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zion » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:00 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 49 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 47
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Mind Block-Auto Defense, Null Void, Psi Nullification, Sense Supernatural (300'/ 1200') WB12, pg30, Radiate Nature (12'/ 100')WB12, pg30

Group: Lexington Ruins

Zion is listening to the heavy drumbeat of rain coming down. He takes a look at the two others standing with him. Fixing his gaze upon John, a curious expression splashed across his face. "A mon, gott'a axe you a qwestion. For give my ignorance but what be you? I don't dink I have ever saw someone like ya'. I mean did ya smoke enough to get ya'self permastoned?" Zion cracks a short laugh. He waits for an answer before continuing, if he gets no response he will act like he never asked the question. His light hearted demeanor fading to a look of seriousness. "So, what'cha dink bout dese screams every now and again? Did I hear someone right and dat there is some type of ritual goi'n on? Do ya dink dat day may be con'necked in some way?" Zion looks over at Rocky a couple of times. He makes sure that Rocky knows he is also talk with him as well as John. Zion looks at the front door and watches to see if he sees anything. "if ya'll ain't the owners and you anit no guest, then what ya'll doing here? Has it sumding to do wit dat ritual or dat just be coincindence?"

Zion glances over toward the back room, where the others have went to. He leans over to get. A better view through the doorway "You di k your friends have found anything down there?"
Zion

Constant Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense, Six Sense, Sense Supernatural Beings, Radiate Nature, Null Void, Psi Nullification and interference

Equipment
Morning Star
    2d6 MD
Wilk's 457 Laser Pulse Rifle
    3D6+2 M.D. per shot or 1D6x10 M.D. burst
    30 shots per LE-Clip
User avatar
Zion
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:49 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:06 am

JiC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 87
Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 57
Save vs Insanity [+12: -2 modifier]: 1d20-2 = 14
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 24

Intelligence [59%]: 1d100 = 85 (Begin learning to control the new manifestation, or apply it)

Character Intentions
Harvester hasn't reacted to us yet, we have a moment to prepare and if we're lucky, the other side loops around to this room also. Ronan thinks as he sweeps the room, readying his radio to call Wak and Will on the other side to coordinate an ambush of the Harvester before being drawn into the three-piece stone structure and forgetting the thought of his radio, and releasing his combative grip on his lightblade as it falls, inactively, to his side.

Ronan's Mental Shenanigans, Courtesy of Nxla wrote:Ronan's eyes take in the further chamber and the archway which defies physics that stands at the end of it. A three-piece stone structure composed of two rough-hewn pillars covered in carvings, and a similar lintel across the top forms the archway itself, but to either side of it, behind it, and through it is only the familiar black void of eternal space. The space encapsulated by the structure, the portal itself, is a swirl of purplish black hues within which he sees images of City One before the tragedy, images of streets and shops with which he's heard so many stories and seen so many holovids that they seem familiar. Old haunts like that shop on the corner of Maplethorpe Street in City One that they say served caff so strong it'd make the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end and give you momentary shivers. He sees also the unmistakable passageways of an A.D.F. starship, dimly lit by Earth standards, but with the the functional austerity he'd always known so well. (At this stage, Ronan finds himself compelled to see the images more closely. Save vs Insanity [-2 modifier] to break the compulsion.)


What an intriguing little structure, warped floor archway... this place is weird... Ronan finds himself thinking as he walks closer to the void and stares down into it, the purplish hue entrapping his gaze as his eyes lose focus and he sees City One, pre-tragedy, and his calling for home is reignited.

That looks like the holovids of City One, there; that's the famed capitol where several key accords that still govern our flotilla were established. The beautiful main road that leads to the capitol building, lined with shops and restaurants the vids place so much stock in. Ronan can hardly move his gaze from the ethereal swirl showing his home, thinking with a longing gaze, This is why I skipped ship movie nights.... The images shift to the famed shop at the corner of Maplethorpe Street which was noted for the best and strongest caff in the city.

The images flash to the hallways of the A.D.F. valor-class battleship, Invincible, his former home. Ronan approaches the swirling images and looks longingly at the familiar hallways where he has walked so many times with his friends. A fond memory of walking down this corridor to the mess with his team after a successful drop springs to mind before the memory of his most recent drop floods his thoughts. I need to get back home. I can't abandon them, what the hell am I doing here fighting for a world I don't know when my own people are in danger!? Ronan struggles in his mind.

Contingencies
IF, Ronan saves vs Insanity. Ronan tears himself mentally away at the thought of abandoning his people or being abandoned on this forsaken planet Earth with a low growl as he mutters "No." under his breath beneath the helmet, glancing at the deactivated Lightblade in his hand with a frown turning into a scowl as he clenches his left fist. I can barely survive here on my own. I need the tools of the locals, it's unacceptable. We adapt. We match the hardships around us and prevail, that's what it means to be Arismal! Ronan declares to himself as he opens his left first and sees a small collection of silvery liquid in his palm that he didn't feel or notice at first. He glances at his lightblade then back at the silvery liquid and watches in amazement as it slowly solidifies to match a small baton in his hand; like the hilt of the deactivated lightblade. What the... Ronan thinks as he drops the item to the ground, only to watch it seem to evaporate as it leaves his hand. He glances to Vheld and Seymour to see if they noticed, rolling his left wrist and stretching his figures trying to make it happen again. That's new...

He'll then trigger his radio, and specifically look away from the swirl. "Wak, Will; do you two have eyes on the Harvester in the adjacent room, I only see one? Closer to our entryway than yours. If this temple's symmetrical, we should have two vantage points on this bastard." Ronan asks, not dismissing what he just witnessed, but keeping it to himself for the moment.

To Vheld, he'll add with a side glance at the mage hastily sifting through papers and books, "You're demon is out front, can't come in. Also, avoid the swirling nonsense right here." Ronan says with a hint of ire at the images and memories, the last bit to both Seymour and Vheld.

If Fail (14 should be success)
IF, Ronan fails his save vs Insanity [I.E., at the behest of the GM]. Ronan feels drawn into the swirl as though it was a doorway to his home, looking down into the entrance as though he was searching for a way to enter the hallway of the ADF battleship through the void. As Ronan is drawn to the void, he is lost in his thoughts. What am I without the fleet... without my family and people? Is this, is this the will of Atlas to send me home through this door? Is this a door? Is any of this real? He feels confounded by what has been leveled at him thus far. As he gets closer and closer to the edge of the platform, he kneels down and places a hand near the ledge and nearly stumbles back as a silver wall nearly five feet in height springs up in front of him, stopping him from moving into the well of visions in this direction and earning a quizzical gaze from the Arismal soldier. What is this... He is undeterred by the silver wall that obstructs him, nor is he overly concerned over its sudden appearance compared to the images of his home.


Combat Contingencies
OOC: Only if Ronan is directly attacked in melee while fighting insanity. I assume it takes at least 3-4 actions to battle the internal monologue above.
APM: 8 [Assuming 4 used during monologue; 4 remain]
Parries: 1d20+13 = 14 | 1d20+13 = 14 | 1d20+13 = 18 | 1d20+13 = 21

A1: Reactivate the Lightblade and parries or strikes the one attacking him. [-45 Personal M.D.C. ;; Culm. -90 Personal M.D.C.] || Strike: 1d20+12 = 30 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 10
A2: Defend oneself or ones allies. Strike: 1d20+12 = 31 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 30 | Strike: 1d20+12 = 31 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 30
A3: Defend oneself or ones allies. Strike: 1d20+12 = 14 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 30 | Strike: 1d20+12 = 31 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 40

If Ronan regains his wits and beats the insanity, still figuring at least 4 actions to work through the monologue in his head. use Parry rolls above if needed.
A1: Radio the group while staring quizzically at his hand which formed the silvery baton like weapon formed before dropping it.
A2: Move to the other side of the swirling void of shitty memories, comment to Vheld about Brokswa, still kinda staring at his hand.
A3-4: Reserved for dodging and being quiet, trying to reform the baton in his hand. Dodge: 1d20+16 = 28 || Prowl [59%]: 1d100 = 10 | Reform-the-baton attempt: 1d100 = 46/50% (if 50% or under, figure he can reform it from what it looked like in his mind, slowly learning to unlock this portion of the power)
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Vheld » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:32 pm

Temple Group

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 72
PER: 1d100 = 44 vs. 76%
APM: 9
Conditions
[*]Cloak of Darkness- R:UE P. 200, 65.25m remaining, self+5ft. radius, opponents striking from a distance are -3 to strike (-1 if using thermal-optics or similar)
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM P. 100, 14.25m remaining, blinds attackers within 10-ft radius, see spell description for other details.
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM P. 109, 23.25m remaining, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv P. 14, 11.25m remaining, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/ impact, Auto Dodge: +5, Walk Tightrope: 88%, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/ Impact from moving vehicle or explosion/concussive blast
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM P. 109, 11.25m remaining, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv P. 16, 11.25m remaining, +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
[*]Dimension Sense: 90% skill, Vheld will detect any dimension-based magic (including teleports, opening of portals, etc.) that occurs, 9.25m remaining. If dimension magic is detected, Vheld can attempt to alter the course of the spell; see R:UE P. 121-122 for details.
[*]Invincible armor: 138/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerates 1d6MDC/melee, fully environmental, -15% to prowl, etc. 53.5m remaining. BoM P. 121.
[*]Mystic portal: 19.5m remaining, R:UE P. 219-20.
[*]Storm staff active: 4.5m remaining, Vheld is impervious to non-magical energy attacks and can fire up to four lightning bolts each melee
Time to minions' arrival
Sil: ARRIVED.
Bel'Dar/Sshir: ARRIVED.
Brokswa: ARRIVED.
Slithn: Spd 15*5 = 75 yds/melee; 10 rounds to arrival.


Dimension sense: 1d100 = 96 vs. 90%
To learn all he can about the lintel/portal, and whether his dimension sense (R:UE P. 121-122) can be used to alter it or the ritual connected to it

Invincible armor regeneration for this round: 1d6 = 2 MDC

somuchmagicmustfindthejournalsomanyspellslotsandlotsgottareadthemallfindlearngetmorekillsplugorthmoremagicmorepowermustfindmustreadmustlearnmustdestroy… Vheld is rifling through the assorted books and documents in the library in a near-frenzy when his hand brushes against the strange die in one of his belt pouches. ofcourseluckwillhepluckbealadytonightfindtherightbookallthebooksallthespellsalltheknowledgethepowertodestroythesplugorthavengefamilykillthemall His hand, almost of its own volition, reaches into the pouch, grasps the die, and squeezes it…

And suddenly Vheld is returned to his senses. Blinking, and shaking his head once to clear the cobwebs, he realizes his rather undignified position and rises to his feet with an awkward cough. Casting his eyes once over the gruesome scene around him (he’s seen worse), he takes stock of the situation- even as Sil, Sshir, and Bel’Dar emerge from the mystic portal.[quote="Augur"]"Master, I cannot approach the steps of the dais! This place is warded by powerful magicks!"Vheld frowns. Some sort of anti-demon ward. Very well. Aloud, Vheld commands ”Hold position and guard against the undead- Brokswa, use your plasma to destroy the wall behind the obelisk!” While it’s anyone’s guess whether the plasma demon can cut through the wall in time to make a difference, Vheld reasons it’s better than doing nothing. Telepathically to Sil, he adds Bring me the largest sack from Bel’Dar.

With his minions sorted and his composure regained, Vheld concludes that his skills are needed in what is undoubtedly the primary room of the temple. Leaving the library to Sil for the time being, he confidently strides towards the next room- stopping as soon as he has line of sight on the Harvester. Should the Harvester have any magical defenses in place around his person, Vheld will unleash a volley of lightning bolts to strip them. As soon as the Harvester is unprotected, however, Vheld will cast a lifeblast on him. Vheld will follow that up with a barrage on any murder-wraiths he sees, and another lifeblast on any harvester still engaged in spellcasting.

Action 1: Orders to minions.
Action 2: Lightning bolt. 1d20+7 = 14 to strike, 6d6 = 25 MD.
Action 3: Lightning bolt. 1d20+7 = 21 to strike, 6d6 = 27 MD.
Action 4: Lightning bolt. 1d20+7 = 25 to strike, 6d6 = 22 MD.
Action 5: Lightning bolt. 1d20+7 = 8 to strike, 6d6 = 22 MD.
Action 6: Lifeblast- BoM P. 108. Automatically hits target, -15 PPE. Harvesters: does 4d6 = 15 direct to SDC/HP or 3d6 = 13 direct to MDC. Destroys two additional undead appendages attached to its body (if any), interrupts any spell currently being cast and drains half of the PPE cost of said spell. No save.
Action 7: Lifeblast- BoM P. 108. Automatically hits target, -15 PPE. Harvesters: does 4d6 = 12 direct to SDC/HP or 3d6 = 4 direct to MDC. Destroys two additional undead appendages attached to its body (if any), interrupts any spell currently being cast and drains half of the PPE cost of said spell. No save.
Action 8: Lifeblast- BoM P. 108. Automatically hits target, -15 PPE. Harvesters: does 4d6 = 19 direct to SDC/HP or 3d6 = 7 direct to MDC. Destroys two additional undead appendages attached to its body (if any), interrupts any spell currently being cast and drains half of the PPE cost of said spell. No save.
Action 9: Carpet of adhesion ((-10 PPE)), cast on the floor just inside the portal/lintel.

Target Priorities
Please reshuffle actions as needed based on the following contingencies:
1) Target any harvesters without active magical protection with lifeblast (there’s an argument to be made from reading the spell that it bypasses armor, at least in the case of necromancers; if the GM rules this to be the cast then any harvesters in range will be targeted with Vheld’s first actions).
2) Lightning bolts will prioritize stripping any magical protection the harvesters are using, unless the ruling is that it doesn’t block lifeblast, in which case they will be fired at whichever harvester is in range and appears to be the biggest threat.

Contingency: If Vheld’s invincible armor is depleted he will sacrifice an action to use his talisman again.

Auto-parries: 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 18, 1d20+13 = 31, 1d20+13 = 18, 1d20+13 = 30, 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 32
Auto-dodges: 1d20+5 = 13, 1d20+5 = 23, 1d20+5 = 23, 1d20+5 = 7, 1d20+5 = 19, 1d20+5 = 15, 1d20+5 = 16, 1d20+5 = 25, 1d20+5 = 8

Sil
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 22
APM: 5

Heeding her master’s command, Sill will grab the largest sack attached to Bel’Dar and head into the library. She will avoid any attacks directed her way, and gingerly step around the blood she sees; if necessary she will shift to phantom form to avoid being attacked.

Actions 1-5: Reserved for defense, shifting to phantom form.
Auto-dodges: 1d20+6 = 26, 1d20+6 = 11, 1d20+6 = 23, 1d20+6 = 23, 1d20+6 = 20

Brokswa
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 24
APM: 5

Growling his frustration at being stymied, Brokswa heeds his master’s instructions and begins trying to tear down the wall between him and the main chamber of the temple.

Actions 1: Fire plasma bolt at wall. 1d20+4 = 21, 5d6 = 16 MD.
Actions 2: Fire plasma bolt at wall. 1d20+4 = 7, 5d6 = 21 MD.
Actions 3: Fire plasma bolt at wall. 1d20+4 = 9, 5d6 = 15 MD.
Actions 4: Fire plasma bolt at wall. 1d20+4 = 22, 5d6 = 20 MD.
Actions 5: Fire plasma bolt at wall. 1d20+4 = 14, 5d6 = 14 MD.

Auto-parries: 1d20+10 = 21, 1d20+10 = 30, 1d20+10 = 29, 1d20+10 = 21, 1d20+10 = 28

Contingencies: If Brokswa is reduced to half his MDC or less (takes more than 66 MD) he will sacrifice an action to activate his own talisman of invincible armor.

Sshir
Initiative: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 69
APM: 5

Sshir will wait outside the temple for any targets of opportunity or orders from Vheld.

Dodges: 1d20+4 = 16, 1d20+4 = 18, 1d20+4 = 17, 1d20+4 = 15, 1d20+4 = 12

Bel’Dar
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 48
APM: 6

Bel’Dar will hover outside the temple for any targets of opportunity or orders from Vheld.

Auto-dodges: 1d20+8 = 15, 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 23, 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 28
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 101/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
1/3 charges on Vheld's and 2/3 on Sil's invincible armor talismans.
Energy Spheres: 264/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Felix » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:59 am

Perception:1d100 = 17/43%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 37
JIC (20): 1d20 = 9

Conditions (as of this post): Suppress Fear: 4:00 remaining; Psionic Force Field (120 M.D.C.): 17:15 remaining

Skill Rolls:

Initiative Roll: 1d20+3 = 22

Actions (6APM) note: all hand to hand damage, including P.S. bonus, is M.D. when Felix's force field is up!
1: Draw Skorblade and begin to cut way out of Magic Net
2: Cut out of Magic Net
3: Wheel Kick on Harvester 2: strike --> 1d20+6 = 23; damage --> 3d6+17 = 26 M.D.
4: Psionic Force Blast on Harvester 2: strike --> 1d20+5 = 22; damage (5d6 normally +1d6 for Ley Line, doubled against Harvester due to psi-vulnerability) --> 6d6 = 27 x2 = 54 M.D.!
5. Leg Hook/Trip on Harvester 2: strike --> 1d20+6 = 25; damage: NONE, knockdown only - cannot be parried, and opponent loses 1APM AND INITIATIVE
6: karate kick on Harvester 2: strike --> 1d20+6 = 13; damage --> 3d6+17 = 27 M.D.

Teng-Jutsu Automatic Leap Dodges (while on the ground):
1: 1d20+8 = 27
2: 1d20+8 = 19
3: 1d20+8 = 15
4: 1d20+8 = 24
5: 1d20+8 = 26
6: 1d20+8 = 18
7: 1d20+8 = 17
8: 1d20+8 = 26
9: 1d20+8 = 10
10: 1d20+8 = 14

Meadows Group




Felix, caught in a magic net, cuts his way free in short order with his Skorblade.

¿Quién se cree este pendejo que es? ¿Una red mágica? ¡Venga!
Translation
Who does this asshole think he is? A magic net? Come on!


"I has thees one-" Felix begins to say over the radio, but then, to his utter horror, hears screams as he sees the fire - which had just been nearly put out a few moments before - spring to life and incinerate many of the innocents who had just been fleeing for their lives - fleeing at his direction!

"NOOOOO!" he roars in horror, hardly able to believe his eyes. ¡Dios mío, toda esa gente inocente!
Translation
My god, all those innocent people!


"YOU... WILL... PAY!!!" he says through gritted teeth to the Harvester in front of him. Seeing red at what he perceives as the Harvester's horrific act, the Flying Tiger pours his anger into his attacks, giving the Harvester more than it bargained for.

He leads off with spinning his body in a 360 degree arc before landing a brutal Wheel Kick, follows with a point-blank psionic blast, fueling some of the blast with the Ley Line's ambient energy (draw on Ley Line and convert to 1d6+1 = 3 I.S.P., net cost to personal ISP: 2). Whirling again, the acrobatic Flying Tiger drops down for a Tripping/Leg Hook on the Harvester before following up with a karate kick.

Felix is utterly consumed by grief/hatred/bloodlust and completely animalistic at this point, showing no mercy to his foe.

Should his Psionic Force Blast land, Felix marvels at the increased impact it has on the Harvester, and wonders if the rest of them are just as vulnerable.




Contingencies
PRIME CONTINGENCY: IF Felix's psionic force field is breached, he will immediately form another one! (10 I.S.P.)
IF Felix takes out Harvester #2, AND has remaining actions, he will (in order of priority):
1. check on the current status of the freed prisoners. If any of them are under attack, Felix will blast the attacker(s) with the Psionic Force Blasts:
Psionic Force Blast on whomever/whatever is attacking prisoners: strike --> 1d20+5 = 13; damage (5d6 normally +1d6 for Ley Line, doubled against enemies with psi-vulnerability) --> 6d6 = 24 x2 = 48 M.D.! (2 I.S.P. net cost, see above for Ley Line I.S.P. conversion)
Psionic Force Blast on whomever/whatever is attacking prisoners: strike --> 1d20+5 = 18; damage (5d6 normally +1d6 for Ley Line, doubled against enemies with psi-vulnerability) --> 6d6 = 22 x2 = 44 M.D.! (5 I.S.P. cost)
Psionic Force Blast on whomever/whatever is attacking prisoners: strike --> 1d20+5 = 10; damage (5d6 normally +1d6 for Ley Line, doubled against enemies with psi-vulnerability) --> 6d6 = 21 x2 = 42 M.D.! (5 I.S.P. cost)
Psionic Force Blast on whomever/whatever is attacking prisoners: strike --> 1d20+5 = 16; damage (5d6 normally +1d6 for Ley Line, doubled against enemies with psi-vulnerability) --> 6d6 = 18 x2 = 36 M.D.! (5 I.S.P. cost)

2. IF the freed prisoners appear to be safe, and Felix has actions left, he will blast Harvester #1 with the above attacks for his remaining actions instead:

In the event that the combat is resolved this round, Felix will check for and attend to any wounded with his remaining actions:
Skill Roll: First Aid (emergency aid, determine extent of injuries, etc) --> 1d100 = 59/57%
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 123/131

Conditions, Weapons/Armor, Always On, Saving Throw Info
Current Conditions: Psionic Force Field: 120 M.D.C., 18 minutes remaining, hand to hand attacks inflict M.D.C. damage including P.S. bonus!

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Superior Vision: Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:59 am

**Rolls Held Over**

Paranoia Thought Text

Lexington Ruins Group


Saul wrote:He whispers to Wolf and Mierin, "The door - behind the barrels. Could be unused storage. Could be a panic room." He attempts to prowl quietly over to the other door in the dark basement. A hidden room might be an ideal place to conduct a ritual, but I suspect we'd hear the spellcasting from here.


Wolf, busy with his thoughts doesn't immediately hear Saul. After a few minutes Wolf emerges from the Wine cellar. "Nothing in there that I could find." Wolf sees Saul moving the barrels. "You got something Saul? Here let me help with that." Wolf will move to assist Saul in moving the barrels. (Robotic PS 25 from NE-BA-26 Robotic Exoskeleton). There better be something over here. He's going to kill you, kill him first...What? No! Shut Up!...If you are wrong he will kill you. It only makes sense to act first. Make the first move...Not happening!!
Prowl-- 1d100 = 15/55% (To Quietly Move the Barrels)
Streetwise-- 1d100 = 50/44% (Identify what is in the barrels)
Cook-- 1d100 = 13/40% (Identify what is in the barrels)

Once they have cleared the barrels from the door, Wolf will look at the door for a moment. He will take out his knife from his boot and make a small cut on the door. (SDC Knife. If it cuts the door then the door is SDC. If it doesn't the door is MDC.). "So, I could probably blast this open but it would ruin any chance we have of passing quietly. If you guys can get it open quietly I think that would be best. If not we should grab the guys upstairs."
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby William Summers » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 67/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 26

Group: Temple

Conditions
[*]Armor of Ithan: RUE P. 202, 14:30/15m remaining, 67/100 MDC, 1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold.
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM P. 100, 14:30/15m remaining, blinds attackers within 10-ft radius, see spell description for other details.
[*]Energy Sphere: 565/800 PPE
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM P. 109, 23:30/24m remaining, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv P. 14, 11:30/12m remaining, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/ impact, Auto Dodge: +5, Walk Tightrope: 88%, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/ Impact from moving vehicle or explosion/concussive blast
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM P. 109, 11:30/12m remaining, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv P. 16, 11:30/12m remaining, +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
[*]Ley Line Proximity: Double range/duration/damage, Will can draw 10PPE/melee. Double magic weapon damage/range.
[*]Personal PPE: 178/178
[*]Captured PPE: 30/356. 60/60 minutes
[*]Magic Warrior:
  • Duration: 16/16 minutes
  • MDC: 98/98
  • APM: 5
  • Horror Factor: 12
  • Punch: 2D6 MD
  • Kick: 3D6 MD
  • Bonuses: +4 on initiative, +5 to strike, parry, and dodge


Will shakes the ichor from his blade after dispatching the Evisceral. "Some serious evil in this place." He takes a look up and sees what enemies are before them.

Fuck. Will stares at the undead soldier with the Bio-Comp Harness almost entirely ignoring the Harvester that's present. They raised a Juicer from the dead? That's... I want to fight that. ”Wak, I'm going after the big guy back there. You take out the one to our left.”

Ronan wrote:"Wak, Will; do you two have eyes on the Harvester in the adjacent room, I only see one? Closer to our entryway than yours. If this temple's symmetrical, we should have two vantage points on this bastard."


”We've got a Harvester at our entryway and an Undead Juicer. Some sort of evil tentacle situation in the corner as well. Going after the juicer, leaving the Harvester for Wak. Ritual underway. See you on the other side.”

Absorbing PPE from the ley line, Will speaks the incantation to bring forth a Magic Warrior. He gives it one instruction. ”Destroy that mage” as he points to the Harvester 2. He creates a Carpet of Adhesion under the Harvester in his sight, and rushes toward the Undead Juicer with his Draining Blade in hand. Before making contact, he casts a spell of paralysis to take away the Juicer's leg, hopefully evening the odds a bit.

Initiative: 1d20+12 = 16 (+1 from Superhuman Agility and Fighting Spirit)
APM: 10 (8+2 from Fighting Spirit)

Actions 1-2: Cast Magic Warrior (-30 PPE)
Action 3: Give Magic Warrior instruction.
Action 4: Cast Carpet of Adhesion under Harvester 2. (-5 PPE)
Action 5: Cast Paralysis: Lesser on Undead Juicer's left leg. (-3 PPE)
Action 6: Close with Undead Juicer.
Action 7: Strike Undead Juicer with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 14 Damage: 8d6+14 = 41
Action 8: Strike Undead Juicer with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 23 Damage: 8d6+14 = 40
Action 9: Strike Undead Juicer with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 17 Damage: 8d6+14 = 31
Action 10: Strike Undead Juicer with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+11 = 30(CRIT) Damage: 8d6+14 = 42x2=70

Contingencies:
If Will's magical protection goes down, he will cast Invincible Armor on himself.

Parries: 1d20+16 = 321d20+16 = 221d20+16 = 281d20+16 = 191d20+16 = 211d20+16 = 301d20+16 = 341d20+16 = 331d20+16 = 321d20+16 = 22
Auto-Dodges: 1d20+5 = 211d20+5 = 111d20+5 = 131d20+5 = 111d20+5 = 171d20+5 = 141d20+5 = 211d20+5 = 91d20+5 = 221d20+5 = 8

Magic Warrior:

Will's Magic Warrior comes into existence, hears its first command and heads toward the mage in front of the dais to destroy it.

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 7
APM: 5

Action 3: Receive instructions.
Action 4: Close with Harvester 2.
Action 5: Punch Harvester 2. Strike: 1d20+5 = 21 Damage: 2d6 = 5

Parries: 1d20+5 = 151d20+5 = 231d20+5 = 131d20+5 = 141d20+5 = 14
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 28 / 73%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 7

RUINS GROUP

CONDITIONS - John is full-size and pebbles. In the storm, his Radar is fouled.

John wonders how to take Zion's lack of response on whether he is a sex pervert like the previous cultist, but decides to answer Zion's queries instead. "I'm John. I'm going to be a god. You can get in on the ground floor right now, but you have to stop worshiping Nxla."

As Zion continues trying to pump John for information, John chuckles. "You know we're here to stop you and your friends performing your ritual. You're a lot smarter than the last people on Nxla's team, though. You're at least trying some social camouflage."

John keeps most of his focus on the screaming outside, "It's not too late to ditch the cult."

Then he casually reaches our a tiny tentacle and turns up the volume on the helmet radio, to better hear problems downstairs.

Detect Concealment (to spot any danger that Perception doesn't cover): 1d100 = 50 / 51%
Detect Ambush (to spot any danger that Perception doesn't cover): 1d100 = 57 / 51%
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Rocky » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:27 am

Perception: 65%1d100 = 81
JIC d20: 1d20 = 19
JIC d100: 1d100 = 63
1d20+2 = 16

Lexington Group

Conditions
OOC Comments
See Invisible
Crystal Armor 30 MDC + Force Field 70 MDC
Electrokinesis Resistance. The psychic can manipulate his body so to become resistant to electricity. Up to 60,000 volts will inflict no damage or ill effect. Currents greater than 60,000 volts, including lightning and magic electricity, do half damage. 4 ISP
Natural Ability
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% 1d100 = 54

• Range: 170’ To pinpoint location of a presence
• Duration: Constant
• Automatically sense all presences

Number of Attacks: 7


Rocky looks at Zion and wonders what this one is? He remembers some of the things Zion mentioned disrupts magic.
Lore: Psychics & Psionics―50% 1d100 = 41

Rocky looks to John and Zion and speak, “There is or are some supernatural evil outside. How do you want to handle this go out and greet them or stay put and wait? I would suggest that we go out there and meet them before they come in here, we can always fall back if needed.”
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Mierin » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 59 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 26

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 40 (88%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 23 (59%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Prowl 1d100 = 81 (83%) to not attract undue attention to herself as she heads toward the door in the basement
Trap/Mine Detection 1d100 = 58 88% examining door for signs of traps that would be triggered if door is open

Lexington Ruins Group

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Sustain – duration: 20 days

Spotting the door, Mierin nods at Saul, letting him know that she had also seen the door behind the barrels. Apparently Saul had seen it but Wolf did not, judging from his reaction to Saul's news about the door. At least Saul isn't a complete idiot Mierin thinks to herself as she surveys the basement for signs of trouble..

Shaking her head at Wolf, Mierin replies in a whisper, ”Blasting the door open is a rookie move. Let's open the door as quietly as we can. Lets not tip off anyone in that room if we can avoid it.” Mierin hopes that if there is anyone in the room that they've been quiet enough to not alert them to their presence. Once the barrels have been moved, Mierin examines the door to determine of there are any booby traps on the door that would be tripped if they open the door and how easy it would be to open the door (is it locked?)
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies

Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:12 pm

Perception: 79% 1d100 = 3
JIC: 1d100 = 45/1d100 = 60


Meadow Group

Condition

OOC Comments
Burst Body Protection 6 ISP for 72MD
On a Ley Line
  • Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.
  • Damage is increased by 1 additional die.
Psi Armor Body Field
  • 70/70 MDC

Suppress Fear
Enhanced Perception
This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.). The psionic power provides the psychic with a +3 to Perception, + I to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +I0% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl.


Jack brings the fire down, He didn’t think it would go out this far. He is concerned with this one in front of him Fire seems to be useless as he comes forward. “By Jimmy this one is going to be a tough nut to crack.” Jack Draws Altess Eviscerator to try to Fight this guy off.

INIT: 1d20+2 = 5

APM: 6
Action 1: Stops the fire, draws the sword
Action 2: Strike Sword: 1d20+3 = 20
Damage: 6d6 = 22
Action 3: Strike Sword: 1d20+3 = 16
Damage: 6d6 = 22
Action 4: Strike Sword: 1d20+3 = 20
Damage: 6d6 = 24
Action 5: Strike Sword: 1d20+3 = 5
Damage: 6d6 = 26
Action Strike Sword: 1d20+3 = 10
Damage: 6d6 = 13
Parry: 1d20+13 = 30 , 1d20+13 = 14 , 1d20+13 = 28 , 1d20+13 = 30 , 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 32
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:10 am

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 1 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: 1d100 = 86

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Happy and Hopeful], Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days), N-F50A Force Field [0/160]

ISP: 211/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 32

Marauder: 167/440 MD

================================

MEADOWS MARAUDERS ...

Lahz rolls his eyes as the Marauder's damage indicators begin blinking, *Fuck this.* The Psi-Tech taps a trigger and sends a volley of mini-missiles on the far edge of the bed of the ATV to destroy the gun on its turret [See Map, ORANGE X] in a calculated attempt to keep himself outside the radius of the missiles' radius. The Psi-Tech sends off a couple more volleys as he radios Tony, "Maintain cover. Ranged attacks as appropriate." Lahz shifts his aim elsewhere to Unknown 1 and Unknown 2 (mentioned as using Energy rifles) and swivels his turrets to fire on their weapons after firing on the Harvesters,.

Lahz will dodge the first attack he sees then parry as best he can with his hefty Mace (thankfully not a huge issue for a Robotic PS of 50). He is not at all shy about dodging, and will use attacks as necessary to avoid/dodge any serious looking strikes (take off end).

APM: 9
Init [+2]: 1d20+2 = 5

1 -- Volley of 4 Plasma Mini-missiles at Gun in back of ATV. EP Strike, 4d6*20 = 220 MD to 15 ft Radius (*IF the distance to his target will put the Marauder within the explosive radius of the missiles use Shoulder Turrets to strike the weapon instead 8d6*2 = 74MD) & talk
2 -- Volley of 4 Plasma Mini-missiles at Unknown 1 OR if that is unsafe, Closest Target that can be hit without striking Allies. EP Strike, 4d6*20 = 280 MD to 15 ft Radius & talk
3 -- Volley of 4 Plasma Mini-missiles at Harvester 1 OR if that is unsafe, Closest Target that can be hit without striking Allies. EP Strike, 4d6*20 = 400 MD to 15 ft Radius
4 -- Volley of 4 Plasma Mini-missiles at Harvester 2 OR closest target that will not hit a teammate. EP Strike, 4d6*20 = 220 MD to 15 ft Radius
5 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Unknown 2: 1d20+6 = 26, 5d6 = 21*2=42
6 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Unknown 2: 1d20+6 = 21, 5d6 = 18
7 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Unknown 2: 1d20+6 = 18, 5d6 = 9
8 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Unknown 1: 1d20+6 = 7, 5d6 = 9
9 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Unknown 1: 1d20+6 = 18, 5d6 = 23 ** Or clear weapon jamb if appropriate

*** If ANY strike would result in Lahz being within the radius of his own explosion, he will fire the Shoulder Turrets instead [Prospective damage: 8d6 = 22, 8d6 = 39, 8d6 = 29]

Dodges [+8]: 1d20+8 = 17, 1d20+8 = 9, 1d20+8 = 11, 1d20+8 = 24

Parries as needed/appropriate [+11] with heavy Mace: 1d20+11 = 22, 1d20+11 = 26, 1d20+11 = 31, 1d20+11 = 26, 1d20+11 = 27, 1d20+11 = 31, 1d20+11 = 12, 1d20+11 = 12

Map
MeadowsR3A.jpg

============================

TONY

Multi-Optics Eyes: Telescopic Vision (6,000'), Nightvision 2000', Thermo Imaging 2000', Amplified Hearing: Can hear sounds as quiet as 10 decibels as far away as 500ft away, programmed to recognize 60,000 different mechanical sounds, Wide Band Radio Receiver & Transmitter & Radio System Scrambler (Sourcebook 1, Pg 28): Range: 300 miles; can send receive encoded/encrypted.

OOC: Tony's Speed translates to 211 feet/second, 395ft/attack

Tony re-locates to a position where he can fire from cover with the WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun (if that fails, he will switch and fire his internal missile launchers). Tony will parry and dodge as appropriate, and once his primary Target dies, he will shift to alternates.

APM: 8 (+1 tentacle)
Init [+4]: 1d20+4 = 19

1 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at [Unknown] Target 1: 1d20+4 = 6, 5d6 = 16
2 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at [Unknown] Target 1: 1d20+4 = 23, 5d6 = 20*2=40 (* Contingency, 3 [AP] Mini-Missile Volley if no damage was apparent from prior attack ... 3d4*10 = 90 MD)
3 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at [Unknown] Target 1: 1d20+4 = 17, 5d6 = 20 (* Contingency, 3 [AP] Mini-Missile Volley if no damage was apparent from attack 1 ... 3d4*10 = 70 MD)
4 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at [Unknown] Target 2: 1d20+4 = 23, 5d6 = 10*2 = 20
5 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at [Unknown] Target 2: 1d20+4 = 19, 5d6 = 21 (* Contingency, 2 [AP] Mini-Missile Volley if no damage was apparent from prior attack ... 2d4*10 = 50 MD)
6 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at [Unknown] Target 1: 1d20+4 = 7, 5d6 = 20 (* Contingency, 2 [AP] Mini-Missile Volley if no damage was apparent from prior attack ... 2d4*10 = 40 MD)
7 -- Electro-tentacles to grab any Target approaching into Melee range: 1d20+11 = 20, Electrified tentacle 3d6 = 11MD + Chance of Stunning Victim for 1d4 Melees (See Warlords of Russia Pg 126, victim drops to 2 APM, -70% Skill performance and speed, No Initiative, -8 all combat rolls)
8 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at closest appropriate Target: 1d20+4 = 20, 5d6 = 19
9 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at closest appropriate Target: 1d20+4 = 5, 5d6 = 17

Parry with Sword [+14]: 1d20+14 = 32, 1d20+14 = 22, 1d20+14 = 24, 1d20+14 = 15, 1d20+14 = 32, 1d20+14 = 21

Dodge [+13]: 1d20+13 = 28, 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 15, 1d20+13 = 32
Last edited by Lahz on Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Daphne » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:31 am

Perception: 1d100 = 88/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 3; 1d100 = 2
Conditions: None.


Kittiani Transformable Fighter Info:

Main Body: 327/450
Pulse Cannon (2): Payload: unlimited
Mini-Missile Launchers (2): Payload: 12/16 AP Mini-Missiles (8 each)
Laser Turret: Payload: unlimited
Forearm Energy Blades: Payload: unlimited.



Skills
Pilot: Robots & Power Armor 1d100 = 87/87% (General Operation)



Initiative: 1d20+2 = 10
Number of Actions: 1 due to defensive actions last round.

Action One: Land on Unknown 5 to pin him under 10 ton robot. (Strike: EP Critical; Damage: ??? Likely none due to invulnerabilities)

Parry: 1d20+9 = 14



Daphne is a bit frazzled by what is happening, and can't seem to catch a break. With a primal scream, she drops he robot two hundred feet and tries to pin one of the creatures under the weight of her robot for a few moments. This is nuts. Daphne thinks.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment & Gear
See Here For accurate list.
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Minerva » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:08 am

Perception: 1d100 = 85/54%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 17

Group: Meadows
Conditions
  • H.P.: 104/104
  • S.D.C.: 177/177
  • I.S.P.: 305/390
    Psi-Sword
  • Damage: 8D6 (6D6 base + 1 die from ley line +1D6 from fencing) Double vs Xombies and Harvesters.
  • Duration: 60/60 minutes
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 5/35 MDC
  • Psionic Forcefield (Active)
  • 26/70 MDC
  • 3/4 Activations
    Stalker Suit
  • 12/12 MDC
    Cloak of Protection
  • 50/50 MDC
  • AR: 12
  • Impervious to Fire
    Ring of Invisibility (Inactive)
  • 0/10 minutes
  • 3/3 Activations
    Ring of Resist Fire (Inactive)
  • 0/2 hours
  • 3/3 Activations
    On a Ley Line
  • Can use 1D6+1 ISP per melee round. Can not be stored.
  • Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.
  • Damage is increased by 1 additional die.



"Jack! Watch out for the rest of us!" Minerva shouts before she sees him reduce the flames that temporarily engulfed him. Concentrating on the battle, Minerva psionically takes away Harvester 1's ability to speak before she slices through him with her Psi-Sword. Ace is alright for now. I'll take care of the filthy necromancer and then aid him.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 23
APM: 6

Action 1: Bio-Manipulation: Mute at Harvester 1 (-10 ISP, didn't go off last round and was already subtracted from my ISP.)
Action 2: Bring Harvester 1 to Minerva. Strike: EP Crit.
Action 3: Slash Harvester 1 with Psi-Sword. Strike: 1d20+11 = 27. Damage: 8d6 = 21 (x2 vs beings vulnerable to psionics [Xombies + Harvesters]=42 MD)
Action 4: Slash Harvester 1 with Psi-Sword. Strike: 1d20+11 = 29. Damage: 8d6 = 30 (x2 vs beings vulnerable to psionics [Xombies + Harvesters]=60 MD)
Action 5: Slash Harvester 1 with Psi-Sword. Strike: 1d20+11 = 16. Damage: 8d6 = 32 (x2 vs beings vulnerable to psionics [Xombies + Harvesters]=64 MD)
Action 6: Slash Harvester 1 with Psi-Sword. Strike: 1d20+11 = 28. Damage: 8d6 = 31 (x2 vs beings vulnerable to psionics [Xombies + Harvesters]=62 MD)

Parries: 1d20+11 = 191d20+11 = 251d20+11 = 231d20+11 = 141d20+11 = 121d20+11 = 22


Contingencies:
Contingency 1: If Minerva's Psychic Body Field goes down, she will sacrifice an action to reactivate it.
Contingency 2: If Minerva runs out of Body Field activations, she will use her own psychic power Psychic Body Field for protection.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:38 pm

**Rolls Held Over**

Paranoia Thought Text

Lexington Ruins Group

Mierin wrote:Shaking her head at Wolf, Mierin replies in a whisper, ”Blasting the door open is a rookie move. Let's open the door as quietly as we can. Lets not tip off anyone in that room if we can avoid it.” Mierin hopes that if there is anyone in the room that they've been quiet enough to not alert them to their presence. Once the barrels have been moved, Mierin examines the door to determine of there are any booby traps on the door that would be tripped if they open the door and how easy it would be to open the door (is it locked?)


Wolf takes a long look at Mierin for a moment. "Did you hear all of what I said, or just what you thought I said? I agree blasting the door should be done as a last resort. I said as much. Not sure how you didn't hear me. If you want to criticize me that is fine, but take into account all of what I said, not just the part you disagree with. Also I asked if anyone here could open the sealed door, quietly?" Wolf will also point to the deadbolt securing the door.
OOC Comments
Per the description given in Augur's GM post.
Augur wrote:The doors are sealed with a deadbolt lock.

"I can't pick these things. So unless you can open the door quietly? But I assume by your statement you can't open the door quietly. Again I will say if you two can't open it, then we should get the others we left upstairs. One of them may be able to open it. If not the we still need to get through the door. Maybe when I said it the first time I implied too much."

Holy shit. There is no way she didn't hear what I said the first time...She could just be trying to get under your skin...maybe but this kind of miscommunication would take away from her professional look. The way she shook her head at the thought of blasting the door...Blasting the door is a bad idea...I know that's why I provided other options and didn't just shoot the door when I got over here...Maybe you should have. Make her underestimate you...it would just make her think I was a loose cannon with no strategy...Well that may not actually be a bad thing...No still can do that. Well at least i need the roughnecks to know I can play well with others...if you say so.

Wolf will key his radio. "Rocky, John. Can you guys quietly open a locked door? No one down here can do it quietly. If so can you please come down and give us a hand. Actually it would be good if you could come down any way.
It would make things easier if this turns out to be where we need to go."
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:16 pm

ROLLS HELD

RUINS GROUP

CONDITIONS: John is full-size and pebbles, see invisible, outside John's radar is now FOULED. Undead can't touch John (see medallion).

John glances at Rocky, "Aren't you supposed to be downstairs? Well, if you're here, I guess I'll go out and fight... whatever."

John starts to head outside. "Just give me a shout if they start dying in the basement or something and try to keep me from getting mind controlled if you can."

In a great surge, John exits the inn all at once, pouring quickly out the door. Once outside, he rises to his full height, holding his sword down along his leg. He takes a few steps away from the inn, hating the feeling of vulnerability the rain engenders in him.

As the water rinses off the drinks he poured on himself, he waits for something to come out of the night, repositioning himself more than necessary as he overcompensates for the loss of his radar sense and his matched inability to see in the dark.

"Come at me, thing! Let's see your pretty face!"

Combat Stuff
Currently suffering -1 APM and -4 Initiative, -2 S/P/D from Radar loss.
Sword is silvered!
John can't be touched by the Undead!

Priority Decision Tree: 1. Attack/kill Harvesters or other spellcasters/psychics. 2. Attack/kill powerful enemies (ie Murder Wraiths, a T-Rex). 3. Attack/kill minor targets (skeletons). 4. Xombies (will attempt to grapple instead of killing). Dodges are to be used only against immobilizing attacks like Carpet of Adhesion or devastating ranged attacks like Annihilation. Other ranged attacks are for Auto-Dodge.

Had to add WP Sword Strike bonus in parens because I forgot. : (

Initiative: 1d20+9 = 27

Action 1 (hit attacker with silver sword): 1d20+12 = 19 (+3=22) Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 132
Action 2 (hit attacker with silver sword): 1d20+12 = 17 (+3=20) Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 122
Action 3 (hit attacker with silver sword): 1d20+12 = 31 (+3=34) Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 102 CRIT! x2 = 204
Action 4 (hit attacker with silver sword): 1d20+12 = 20 (+3=23) Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 92
Action 5 (hit attacker with silver sword): 1d20+12 = 16 (+3=19) Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 102
Action 6 (hit attacker with silver sword): 1d20+12 = 32 (+3=35) Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 132 CRIT! x2 = 264
Action 7 (hit attacker with silver sword): 1d20+12 = 16 (+3=19) Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 132
Action 8 (hit attacker with silver sword): 1d20+12 = 20 (+3=23) Damage: (1d6*10)+82 = 132

Parries: 1d20+12 = 20, 1d20+12 = 24, 1d20+12 = 23, 1d20+12 = 19, 1d20+12 = 16, 1d20+12 = 23, 1d20+12 = 29, 1d20+12 = 22, 1d20+12 = 16, 1d20+12 = 17, 1d20+12 = 19

Auto-Dodges (against ranged attacks): 1d20+1 = 3, 1d20+1 = 21, 1d20+1 = 12, 1d20+1 = 2, 1d20+1 = 3, 1d20+1 = 19, 1d20+1 = 12, 1d20+1 = 5

Dodges (maybe for Carpet of Adhesion?): 1d20+12 = 16, 1d20+12 = 19, 1d20+12 = 24, 1d20+12 = 18

Saves: 1d20 = 11 (Magic 23/ Psionics and Horror 17/ Insanity 12), 1d20 = 15 (Magic 27 / Psionics and Horror 21 / Insanity 16), 1d20 = 16 (Magic 28 / Psionics and Horror 22 / Insanity 17), 1d20 = 12 (Magic 24 / Psionics and Horror 18 / Insanity 13), 1d20 = 5 (Magic 17 / Psionics and Horror 11 / Insanity 12), 1d20 = 15 (Magic 27 / Psionics and Horror 21 / Insanity 16)
Last edited by John Altfeld on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zed » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:59 pm

Perception: 23% | 1d100 = 47
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / : 1d100 = 54

MEADOWS GROUP

Conditions:
Fly as the Eagle: 59 min : 30 sec | +1 to parry, +2 to dodge, +2 damage (on a diving attack) | 40mph = 58.666666 ft/sec | 880 ft/action (15sec) 3rd lvl
Chameleon: 13 min : 15 sec 3rd lvl
Armor of Ithan: 30 mdc | 30 mdc


Intentions:
Zed speaks to Tony from under the cover of his chameleon spell, "I am Zed, can you provide cover for me briefly?"
The Timneh casts: Anti-Magic Cloud while behind cover. Hoping to be lost in the fog of war, he focuses his will, and speaks the Dragonese words of power quietly.

I will cover you if you can cover me. ’ Zed Thinks.

Actions:
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 20
Att: 4

Action 1-3: Casts Anti-Magic Cloud (quietly) [140ppe, 3 actions]
Action 4: Gather ppe from leyline and survey the scene.

Actions:

Zed will do all he can to cast his spell without being noticed.

Zed will NOT try to parry any attacks leveled at him (he is not moving and is under a chameleon spell). If he is targeted he will fly away but still try to cast.

Zed will NOT try to dodge if in danger Instead he will fly away and get some space and hope his Armor of Ithan will shield him enough.

After Casting AMC, Zed will immediately (tactically) fly away and get to a safe place and begin soaking up leyline energy.

(1d20+4 = 18) Please disregard these. I was mistaken about the rule on casting.

(1d20+5 = 14, 1d20+5 = 20, 1d20+5 = 6, 1d20+5 = 19) Please disregard these. I was mistaken about the rule on casting.
Last edited by Zed on Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
P.P.E.: 177|30 +3d6/lvl
S.D.C.: 45|45
H.P.: 20|20 +1d6/lvl


Special Abilities
1. One with the body: -50% fatigue rate, hold breath for 3 minutes, +5% to balance
2. One with the mind: alert and able to stay focused even when all hell is breaking loose around him
3. One with Magic: comprehensive understanding of the principles of magic and is especially well versed in ritual magic and power spells
4. Pilot Automaton. [All, but prefers the Colossus]
5. May Draw P.P.E. from ley lines, nexus points, people, and ritual blood sacrifice the same as a Ley Line Walker
6. Link with the Lords of Magic: can draw upon the P.P.E. reserves of the three Lords of Magic to create magic weapons via the Enchant Weapons (minor) spell, at 50% P.P.E. cost to The Three; alerts The Three when a High Mage is killed
7. Automaton Creation & Bonding Rituals: knows the secrets of creating Automatons and the bonding ritual that gives the Controllers their unique union with the magical constructs


Zed aka Daelur Ezekiel Zenth
User avatar
Zed
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wakiza » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:07 am

Perception: 1d100 = 6 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 36

Conditions: Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee); Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry) Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle); Combat Acrobatics. Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible. [*]Superhuman Speed: BoM P. 109, 24m remaining, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv P. 14, 12m remaining, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/ impact, Auto Dodge: +5, Walk Tightrope: 88%, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/ Impact from moving vehicle or explosion/concussive blast
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM P. 109, 12m remaining, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv P. 16, 12m remaining, +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.

Group: Temple

Wak is momentarily paralyzed at the realization of his own insignificance and that portent of universal malicious intent. If Will noticed his momentary recoil from the abyss, he would be surprised. Will alone has seen Wak ready to face down a True Sploog, seen him negotiate with a malicious ancient dragon, rush into battle with Sploogs, hordes of vampires, and a swarm of undead. Watched him teleport alone to Sploog mothership and wipe out most of the ship's crew and he is the only one that knows Wak has managed an alliance with Illynncryth to end the threat of Splynncryth on our world. Will has never seen Wak back down from anything, let alone a few damn tentacles. The utter realization of the futility of his fight and fate on the world slams Wak in the face all at once causing him to nearly piss his armor. Oddly, maybe due to the tentacles, in that ugly moment, Wak finally realizes what Quetzacoatl tried to show him months ago, that his deal with Illnnycryth is misguided to the point of foolishness. Wak almost cries as he grasps the futility of his deal with the beast. Wak is insignificant and Illynncryth is just using him to increase the beast's power. Illynncryth will likely follow through with the deal to end the threat of Splynncryth, but then the threat of Illynncryth will arise. He can't believe he missed these invisible intentions. I am a fool!

Before he can truly process what he is feeling another thought creeps into his head. A cure to this feeling of insignificance. Power! I must strive to accumulate it! Whether the thought came from the ancient dragon in his sword or from a deep part of his spirit that was always lingering in the background he doesn't know, nor does it matter. Power! He is snapped out of this when Will saves his life by stopping the undead creature. He has been brought back to reality and will deal with these emotions later. He feels the damage caused here and now, but also is imbued with a new purpose, Power!

He nods to Will and simply says, "Thanks!"

William Summers wrote: ”Wak, I'm going after the big guy back there. You take out the one to our left.”

Ronan wrote:"Wak, Will; do you two have eyes on the Harvester in the adjacent room, I only see one? Closer to our entryway than yours. If this temple's symmetrical, we should have two vantage points on this bastard."

William Summers wrote:”We've got a Harvester at our entryway and an Undead Juicer. Some sort of evil tentacle situation in the corner as well. Going after the juicer, leaving the Harvester for Wak. Ritual underway. See you on the other side.”

Wak nods and is driven with new purpose and is more than a little pissed, so he grabs his sniper rifle one handed while his sword is in the other hand. He first tries to mute the necromancer and then opens up on him with his rifle.

APM: 8+1 (rifle)+2(spell)=11
Init: 1d20+13 = 21

Shooting the necro first. If it goes down he will move forward while shooting the next available target.

Action 1: Cast mute from his sword on the necro if he is close enough (30')! or shoot the necro with his NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+9 = 26 Damage: (2d4*10)+20 = 70
Action 2: shoot the necro with his NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+9 = 26 Damage: (2d4*10)+20 = 60
Action 3: shoot the necro with his NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+9 = 27 CRIT Damage: (2d4*10)+20 = 60x2= 120 MD
Action 4: shoot the necro with his NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+9 = 11 Damage: (2d4*10)+20 = 80
Action 5: shoot the necro with his NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+9 = 17 Damage: (2d4*10)+20 = 40
Action 6: shoot the necro with his NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+9 = 22 Damage: (2d4*10)+20 = 70
Action 7: shoot the necro with his NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+9 = 28 CRIT Damage: (2d4*10)+20 = 90x2= 180 MD
Action 8: shoot the necro with his NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+9 = 15 Damage: (2d4*10)+20 = 70
Action 9: reload
Action 10: shoot the necro with his NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+9 = 17 Damage: (2d4*10)+20 = 70
Action 11: shoot the necro with his NE-75H. Strike: 1d20+9 = 10 Damage: (2d4*10)+20 = 60

Auto-dodge: 1d20+12 = 24 1d20+12 = 14 1d20+12 = 25 1d20+12 = 30 1d20+12 = 15 1d20+12 = 27 1d20+12 = 20 1d20+12 = 24
Parry: 1d20+22 = 24 1d20+22 = 24 1d20+22 = 35 1d20+22 = 25 1d20+22 = 27 1d20+22 = 33 1d20+22 = 30 1d20+22 = 42
Last edited by Wakiza on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 43/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 76 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Rocky » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:59 am

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

Rocky hears Wolf and speaks on the Radio, "Wolf I am picking up some evil outside I don't think it is a wise Idea to weaken are position up Here as a matter of fact a few of us are heading out to see what's coming."

After John leaves Rocky steps away from the new guy and activates his Shadow cloak, Enhance Reflexes and Ghost through the eastern wall to follow Pebbles and to try to track where this evil is hiding he stays in shadow and will sink into the ground to hide.
Prowel 98 1d100 = 64
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:25 am

JIC: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 21
Init: 1d20 = 8
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 70
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 55
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 31


Conditions:
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 32
Seymour:
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw


Skills Used
OOC Comments
T.V./Video -- 47% / 1d100 = 56 - decent shots
Photography -- 52% / 1d100 = 80 - sellable shots
Surveillance -- 54% / 1d100 = 88 - activate cameras
Computer Operation 70% / 1d100 = 83 - have a camera “keep six”
Intelligence 40% / 1d100 = 2 - look for journals, paperwork… anything that will help learn their plans
Literacy: American -- 70% / 1d100 = 59 - read anything found
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 52% / 1d100 = 40 - id targets
Radio: Basic -- 67% / 1d100 = 50 - use radio
Prowl 76% / 1d100 = 34 - stay quiet


Post -
Temple Group
Seymour shudders as he works. That ...is….BLOOD!! He does an entire body shake as if a chill. ”WTF? WTF? WTF?” With a shallow, Seymour stays in his corner. Ok, We need eyes front and back. He uses his gauntlet to fly F1 into the ritual room for a better view. As he looks up after, he see Vheld go all psycho. ”Wtf?? ”What is wrong with you?” Looking around, he sees Ronan just staring. What the hell is happening? This aint right. Seymour checks F2 screen, moving it into postion for rear watch. With a few taps on the gauntlet, he sets F2 to alert if anything comes into range.

With another small shudder, his eyes flick back to F1’s screen.
Consumer wrote:Two mages covered in the trappings of death are herding individuals from three large groups of captives to an altar which is already heaped with the bodies of the slain. Two unknown, undead things wait along the far Northern and Western walls while the mages prod a fresh pair of captives towards the altar.


Seymour grips his hands as he watches. With a tap of a button, he uses his radio ”You guys see this? Two finger wigglers and a pile of bodies. There are also two dead things on the north and west wall. I do see some live hostages. I will keep watch and let you know of any surprises.” Seymour then settles in the shadow and watches the screen as the others advance. He will only attack in defense of himself.



APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 20

Parries: 1d20+10 = 19 | 1d20+10 = 15 | 1d20+10 = 21 | 1d20+10 = 11 |

Auto-Dodges; 1d20+14 = 18 | 1d20+14 = 33 | 1d20+14 = 17 | 1d20+14 = 26 |

A1: Auto Parry 1d20+10 = 29 / body flip/throw into wall 1d20+8 = 18 / Damage 3d6 = 12
A2: Auto Parry 1d20+10 = 21 / body flip/throw into wall 1d20+8 = 13 / Damage 3d6 = 5
A3: Auto Parry 1d20+10 = 15 / body flip/throw into others 1d20+8 = 13 / Damage 3d6 = 7
A4: Auto Parry 1d20+10 = 25 / body flip/throw into wall 1d20+8 = 17 / Damage 3d6 = 13
A5: Auto Parry 1d20+10 = 30 / body flip/throw into wall 1d20+8 = 19 / Damage 3d6 = 5
A6: Auto Parry 1d20+10 = 11 / body flip/throw into others 1d20+8 = 15 / Damage 3d6 = 10
Last edited by Seymour Ruiz on Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Augur » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:22 pm

Current Mission Goals
  • Recruit help from The True Federation
  • Recruit help from Magestar
  • Recruit help from MercTown (MARS)
  • Recruit help from Psyscape
  • Recruit help from Dweomer
  • Recruit help from Stormspire
  • Investigate rumors of a band of demons in the area.
  • In three separate locations within Soulharvest, rituals will be conducted simultaneously which, when complete, will strengthen Nxla as he manifests on Earth:
    • The three rituals will be conducted at night (on either June 4th or 5th, nobody knows which as that info has been compartmentalized).
      • The first location is in a remote meadow within Soulharvest, but nearer the ruins of Lexington.
      • The second location is in the Harvesters' original temple deep in the Soulharvest forest.
      • The third location is among the ruins of Old Pilgrim Road on the outskirts of the ruins of Lexington itself.

Strategic Map
Image


Meadow Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2030.75
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Northeast of the Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Daphne (MARS; Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter)
Lahz (Spooks; Marauder PA)
----Tony the Tiger-Bot (Lahz's)--shadowing Lahz
Felix (MARS, flying solo)
Minerva (Spooks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Jack (Roughnecks; Black Talon Motorcycle)
Zed (Roughnecks; flying solo)

Minerva shouts "Jack! Watch out for the rest of us!" then reaches out with her mind to disconnect Harvester 1's vocal cords from his nervous system. The perceptive necromancer begins shooting at her with an energy pistol almost as quickly as he’s muted. She then seizes him with telekinetic force and yanks him some forty yards across the field to within feet of her gleaming purple psi-sword. The two trade blows, he at point blank range with his pistol, she with her psi-sword. She lands every blow, he lands most of his, but her forcefield pops before whatever magical protection he’s got shows much sign of wavering...until, for no discernible reason, she actually sees the protective shell around him melt from the top down as some inscrutable effect settles atop him.

Felix’s exultation turns to horror as two of the groups of innocents are reduced to smoking heaps of bone and sinew. There’s a throbbing flash of blue light along the lines of the circle. "NOOOOO! YOU WILL PAY!" He draws his Skorblade and begins to cut himself free of the mystical entanglement. As he’s doing so the wicked mage seems to mutter something, point, and there’s a writhing mass of tentacles reaching up from the scorched earth well past Felix’s ankles. As the mage turns and walks out of sight, obscured by the shadowy wall, he shouts over his shoulder through the din of battle, "You’re sentient enough, beast. I’ll have your soul after we’ve taken your friends." A few moments later, Felix sees his psionic force field ripple from an impact of some sort.

Zed, hiding in the shadows near the trees to the Southwest, and without the focus of the anyone's attention, quietly casts a powerful incantation to blanket the area in a field of null-magic. Tony, nearby, is fighting for his artificial existence against some beefy undead thing, and given the fires and explosions, probably couldn't hear a whisper from Zed if the Timneh was standing on his head. Utterly spent, Zed slowly pokes his head over the wall to survey the scene as he soaks in what energy is available.

Daphne releases a primal scream as she dives her robot-fighter toward one of the targets (Unknown 5) closing in on Minerva below, and land on the putrid humanoid with her ten ton robot. The force of the impact causes three foot impact crater in which the thing is buried, nearly up to her robot’s ankle actuators. She sees the smashed barrel of an L-20 pulse rifle sticking out from beneath her fighter’s armored feet with a small measure of satisfaction, but she can also see the thing beneath her feet is still struggling.

Blighter #6 remains stuck where he is nearby, but tantalizingly out of reach of Lahz’s powered suit. Blighter #8 repeatedly attempts to slash Jack with claw strikes, but Jack exercises incredible skill in deflecting each blow. The Soulless Xombie attacking Jack is little better, but manages to land one blow to Jack’s psionic body field which he senses is near collapse. Jack mutters, "By Jimmy, this one is going to be a tough nut to crack," as he extinguishes his fire and draws his incredible sword for the first time since stumbling upon it. He feels a tingle in his hand as he seizes it, and a voice manifests in his mind as though through telepathy. I am here to serve you. What can I do for you today? I am proficient in computer operations and programming, as well as general research protocols, excavation and mining theory and practice, and the fundamentals of artificial intelligence--a subject for which I have a unique perspective given that I myself am one. Nevermind. I read the situation at hand. Very well, we’ll dispatch this threat before continuing our conversation. Jack repeatedly slashes the Xombie and finally manages to bring it down, but his last two strikes against the Blighter seem to just glide off the putrescent undead without discernible effect.

The thing behind the cannon on the back of the ATV blasts Lahz’s Marauder square in the chest and his damage indicators begin squawking alarm. He responds by sending a volley of plasma mini-missiles at the back of the ATV. The ATV explodes in a tremendous fireball which briefly obfuscates Lahz’s vision. The Psi-Tech shoots off his remaining mini-missiles at Unknowns 1 & 2 then radios Tony, "Maintain cover. Ranged attacks as appropriate." Lahz turns his turrets and his shotgun on these same unknowns, but whatever they are, they’re incredibly quick, and most of his shots don’t find their mark. He’s gratified to see that the silver rounds have a definite impact on the things when the shots land, however, though his ion weapons seem to have no effect. Unknown 1 takes off towards Tony who’s hunkered behind the stone wall peppering the rapidly approaching hostile with silver shotgun rounds. A strange fog descends over the whole battlefield, and Lahz suddenly finds the bizarre carpet of tendrils to have vanished beneath his powered armor's feet. The thing pays virtually no heed to the punishment and descends on Tony with a blistering series of punches and kicks. Tony acquits himself well for a robot, but he’s looking terrifically battered. Unknown 2 however, seems to dance in the plasma flames around him as he sends multiple bursts of laser fire at Lahz’s powered armor. Most of its bursts miss, but enough catch him center mass to cause the frequency of the alarm’s flashing to markedly increase. A crack of lightning splits the night and Tony reels from the strike from the heavens.

Map
Check your inboxes!

GM NOTES:
  • You're somewhat Northeast of the Lexington Ruins.
  • You have a default 2% chance to be struck by lightning, 5% if in heavy armor/PA/RCV/vehicle, 10% if flying.




Lexington Ruins Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2021
Environmental Effects: 85°, night time/dark--ACTIVE THUNDERSTORM!
Ley Line: 22 miles long, North-South axis from just north of Lexington ruins through & past Stormspire; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: Ruins of Lexington

Order of Battle
Rocky (MARS; NG-XF17 Ironwing)
--T-42 (MARS; driving QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Saul (MARS; QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep)
Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks; RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse)
Mierin (Spooks; MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle)
John (Roughnecks; afoot)
Zion (MARS)

Saul whispers to Wolf and Mierin, "The door behind the barrels could be unused storage. Could be a panic room." He quietly approaches the door & starts moving the barrels out of the way of the door.

Wolf emerges from the wine cellar. "Nothing in there that I could find." Wolf sees Saul moving the barrels and lends a hand. Saul notices the bulges and the telltale “clink” or two from the pockets of Wolf’s duster, and accurately surmises the petty theft that’s occurred.

Mierin replies to Wolf in a whisper, "Blasting the door open is a rookie move. Let's open the door as quietly as we can. Let's not tip off anyone in that room if we can avoid it." Her practiced eye takes in the mundane nature of the deadbolt, and the total absence of traps of any kind. By the looks of it, it’s just an ordinary padlock, not even made of ultra-touch materials.

Wolf gives a quiet clap and nods in approval. "Let’s get the others. We should stay together."
Basement Map
Image

John, Rocky, and Zion continue to stand just inside the inn as the nasty weather rages on outside. Zion looks at John & Rocky, "A mon, gott'a axe you a qwestion. For give my ignorance but what be you? I don't dink I have ever saw someone like ya'. I mean did ya smoke enough to get ya'self permastoned? So, what'cha dink bout dese screams every now and again? Did I hear someone right and dat there is some type of ritual goi'n on? Do ya dink dat day may be con'necked in some way? If ya'll ain't the owners and you anit no guest, then what ya'll doing here? Has it sumding to do wit dat ritual or dat just be coincindence? You di k your friends have found anything down there?"

John answers Zion's queries. "I'm John. I'm going to be a god. You can get in on the ground floor right now, but you have to stop worshiping Nxla. You know we're here to stop you and your friends performing your ritual. You're a lot smarter than the last people on Nxla's team, though. You're at least trying some social camouflage. It's not too late to ditch the cult." He then turns up the volume on the helmet radio. It’s all quiet.

Rocky looks at Zion and guesses Zion might be a Nega or a Nullifier as many would refer to people with those particular abilities. He then says, “There is some supernatural evil outside. How do you want to handle this? Go out and greet them, or stay put and wait? I would suggest that we go out there and meet them before they come in here. We can always fall back if needed.” Outside, the lightning, thunder, and rain continue unabated, punctuated on occasion by that same terrible scream.

Wolf then gets into a strangely out of place argument with Mierin before radioing the others. "Rocky, John. Can you guys quietly open a locked door? No one down here can do it quietly. If so can you please come down and give us a hand. Actually it would be good if you could come down any way. It would make things easier if this turns out to be where we need to go."

John glances at Rocky, "Aren't you supposed to be downstairs? Well, if you're here, I guess I'll go out and fight. Whatever." John then heads outside. "Just give me a shout if they start dying in the basement or something and try to keep me from getting mind controlled if you can." John grows to his full, massive size then shouts into the night, "Come at me, thing! Let's see your pretty face!" Nothing in the night answers back.

Rocky responds to Wolf over his radio, "Wolf, I am picking up some evil outside. I don't think it is a wise idea to weaken our position up here. As a matter of fact, a few of us are heading out to see what's coming." Rocjy activates his cloak's TW shadow melding feature, enhances his own reflexes through sheer psionic strength of will, and then becomes intangible like a ghost.
Inn Map
Image

GM NOTE:
  • You're in the heart of the Lexington Ruins.
  • You have a default 2% chance to be struck by lightning, 5% if in heavy armor/PA/RCV/vehicle, 10% if flying (all if outside).



Temple Group
Atmospheric ambiance (open in new tab)
Conditions:
Date: Summer, Saturday, June 3, 111 P.A.
Time: 2200.75
Environmental Effects: 85°, oppressively humid; night time/dark
Ley Line: 5 miles long, 500' thick, East-West axis, centered on Temple Mound; increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Ley Line Effects: Most magic O.C.C.s can draw 10 P.P.E. once per melee & increase the range and duration of spells by 50%
Location: in the wilderness South of Stormspire & East-Northeast of Dunscon; perhaps an hour from the region/forest known as Soulharvest

Order of Battle
Mouser (not yet arrived)
Ray the Robot (Lahz's; NE-ATRV)
William (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Wakiza (Roughnecks; NE-ATRV)
Vheld (Spooks; NE-ATRV)
----Silhouette (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Sshir (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Slithn (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Brokswa (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
----Bel'Dar (Vheld's; NE-ATRV)
Ronan (Spooks; Cargonaut)
Seymour (Spooks; Cargonaut)

Wakiza moves forward to get a clear line of sight on the chamber’s occupants, and shoots Harvester 2 with his NE-75H. The necromancer seems to wear a suit of shimmering, translucent plate armor reminiscent of the modern Crusader EBA. The suit shimmers from the blast. He focuses like a laser on that necromancer, and after successive blasts the shimmering dissolves, and his next two shots blast some form of protective bubble which is heavily warbling by the second shot. He’s forced to reload, and his next shot encounters that same field, though stronger than before he had to reload. Still, his next shot smashes into it with tremendous force, and the new field begins to waver just like the last. Two undead juicers (Murder Wraiths 4 & 6) rush to block access to the chamber and begin laying down fire at Wakiza & Will with energy weapons. Wakiza jukes all but one shot, a plasma impact which hammers his force field. Will shakes the ichor from his blade. "Some serious evil in this place." Wak simply nods in response. Will takes a look up at the room of necromantic horror and the sight of the Murder Wraith, while potentially thrilling, also shocks him with terror. (Failed HF) Snapping out of his shock, he replies to Ronan on the radio, "We've got a Harvester at our entryway and an Undead Juicer. Some sort of evil tentacle situation in the corner as well. Going after the juicer, leaving the Harvester for Wak. Ritual underway. See you on the other side." His protective magical field pops under the blistering fire from the Murder Wraiths, so he begins to utter the words to manifest the protective invocation Invincible Armor. He’s shot again, the spell is interrupted, and his Battler body armor from his old days takes a heavy blast. He hurriedly begins the chant again, but again is blasted, the spell interrupted, and his body armor blown to tatters on his body. There’s only a brief moment of confusion and fear as he rushes to get the spell up yet again before a laser blast catches him in his breast and vaporizes a fist-sized hole through his chest. Will falls, face-down on the temple floor quite dead. Wakiza quickly slaps a fresh magazine in his NE-75H and attempts to shoot Harvester 2, but the gun won’t fire. Imperceptibly, the pool of blood now behind Wakiza and Will oozes across the tiles towards them and coalesces into a hideous humanoid shape (Unknown 8). Wakiza's sixth sense alerts him to the danger behind him just as it reaches out for him.

Harvester 3 screams in rage, "Slaves, destroy the intruders! Brothers, handle them while I finish the great work!" Harvester 1 begins to mutter as he looks on the West passage. Harvester 2 mutters and points at Wakiza twice, but Wakiza senses no discernible effect from either attempt. He then follows this with not one, but two disabling spells which turn a large section of the tiled floor into a potentially lethal, immobilizing trap. Harvester 1 mutters and points to the near Vheld and a haze of black and ominous purple manifests in that area. Harvester 3 (telekinetically?) hurls one of the groups of innocents atop the altar, and begins slashing the throats and driving daggers into the hearts of those pinned, and somehow immobile, upon the altar. Geysers of blood shower the area with each stab and stroke of his blade. Harvester 1 shoots at Vheld with some kind of TW pistol, but Vheld is easily able to sidestep the hurried blast thanks to his numerous enchantments. Wakiza once again sees Harvester 2 try some sort of magic on him, but to no apparent avail. Harvester 3 turns half-around and points at Harvester 2; a mass of writhing tentacles appears to cover the necromancer who smiles wickedly at Wakiza across the distance.

Murder Wraith 5 starts blasting at Ronan with a big rail gun as the Arismal advances toward the arch. The first burst goes crazy wide and actually ends up blasting into the protective magics of Harvester 1, but every other shot lands unopposed and the rail gun slugs do their work. As Ronan recovers his mind, first the magic field given him is smashed down, then his Mega-Juicer armor is pulverized from his body, and as he gets his bearings and starts coordinating with the others, his armored flight suit is destroyed. Ronan advances some ways before reasserting self-control. Ronan mutters a low, growling, "No," and tears himself away from the alien thoughts in his head. Ronan glances to Vheld and Seymour, but Vheld is lost in the treasures of the library, and Seymour...the massive blood pool in which he’s standing coalesces behind him into an amorphous, humanoid shape as Ronan keys his radio, "Wak, Will; do you two have eyes on the Harvester in the adjacent room? I only see one. Closer to our entryway than yours. If this temple's symmetrical, we should have two vantage points on this bastard. Vheld, your demon is out front, can't come in. Also, avoid the swirling nonsense right here." When he sees the Murder Wraith who’s stripped him of protection, he’s shocked with terror, but this sense is muddled by his recent struggle with his compulsion. Ronan reactivates his lightblade and rushes to bring down the Murder Wraith who’s mightily punished him. The lightblade performs superbly, and with a couple of strokes, he’s cleaved through the plate armor worn by the undead juicer and his last strike actually hits rotten, undead meat.

Vheld can’t make sense of the portal. It’s unlike anything within his realm of experience. He returns to his senses, blinks, shakes his head, and takes in the scene. Vheld frowns at Brokswa’s declaration and shouts back his commands. "Hold position and guard against the undead! Brokswa, use your plasma to destroy the wall behind the obelisk!" To Sil he thinks Bring me the largest sack from Bel’Dar. Vheld confidently strides to the threshold of the main chamber and gets a visual on the horror show and its actors. The necromancers seem to wear suits of shimmering, translucent plate armor reminiscent of the modern Crusader EBA. Vheld is familiar with this protective magic, and recognizes it as the invincible armor invocation. He stops just before a huge pool of blood on the tiles at his feet and repeatedly issues forth bolts of lightning from his fingertips into the magical defenses of Harvester 1. The lightning is clearly having an effect, but the effect is clearly diminished. A floating orb of oozing flesh with a large mouth, huge, single central eye, and many smaller eyestalks sprouting from atop the orb appears between Vheld and the necromancer. Seymour, Ronan, and even Vheld have never seen its like. Vheld casts a disabling spell at the threshold of the portal, and a mat of writhing, mystic tentacles emerges from the tiled floor. Sil rushes up to behind Vheld, and he can sense Sil's presence.

Brokswa screams in aggravated rage loud enough for everyone in Soulharvest to hear, "The walls are impenetrable, you fool! My blasts have no effect!"

Seymour looks up from his feet to his gauntlet to see what F2 is streaming, then flies F1 into the ritual room for a better view. He relocates F2 into position for rear watch and sets it to alert him if anything comes into range. Seymour radios, "You guys see this? Two finger wigglers and a pile of bodies. There are also two dead things on the north and west wall. I do see some live hostages. I will keep watch and let you know of any surprises." The pool of blood behind Seymour coalesces into a hideous humanoid shape (Unknown 7) and reaches for him.

Mouser lands on all four at the other end of the portal which quickly vanishes behind him. The terrain is peculiar. There's a huge, natural rock into which stairs and an entrance have been carved, and all around it is forest. At the foot of the stairs are a couple of demonic beings. One looks bored and petulant, while the other is enraged and screaming incredibly loudly.
Unknown Adversaries
Image

Map

GM NOTES:
  • You're in the very heart of Soulharvest.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Butcher's Bill
Tracks damage & ammo/I.S.P./P.P.E. spent

ATRV:
Bel'Dar:
Black Talon Motorcycle:
Brokswa:
Cargonaut:
Daphne:
Felix: -8 I.S.P.; Psionic Force Field: 120/-86 M.D.C.
Jack Killian: -89 I.S.P., CP-30: 21 shots/-12 shots, Enhanced Perception; Psychic Body Field: 70/-61
John Altfeld:
Lahz: (Sustain active), -10 I.S.P.
Marauder PA: Mini-Missiles: EMPTY; LPC: 240 shots/-44 shots; WI-GL8: -12 silver shots; N-F50A Force Field: popped; Main Body: 440/-277, Right Leg: -100, Left Leg: -50, R.FA Laser: -50, Laser Pulse Cannon: -23 M.D.
MI-3000 Firefly Hovercycle:
Mierin: (Sustain active) JA-12: 10 shots/-3 shots
Minerva: -75 I.S.P.; -30 M.D. to Psionic Crystal Armor ; Psionic Force Field: popped; Hyper-TK activated at 2030.5 (12 mins)
Modified Kittani Transformable Robot-Fighter: Main Body: -123 M.D., -4 AP mini-missiles
Mouser:
NE-ATRV:
QV-119 Lynx Hover Jeep:
Ray the Robot:
RH-1001A Appaloosa Light Robot Horse:
Rocky: -50 I.S.P.; Intangible, Shadow Meld, Enhanced Reflexes
Ronan: Mega-Juicer Combat EBA & Armored Flight Suit: DESTROYED
  • Armor of Ithan: POPPED
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Saul: -16 P.P.E.; Wings: Fly as the Eagle @1930 (60 mins); Shadow Meld @2020 (10 mins)
Seymour:
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Silhouette:
Slithn:
Spider:
Sshir:
Tony the Tiger-Bot: Cyborg Armor Destroyed; Main Body: 300/-238 M.D.; WI-GL8: -15 silver shots
Vheld: (Sustain active) -186 P.P.E.; -1 charges/invincible armor talisman; cloak of darkness; -16 S.D.C.
  • Invincible Armor: 138 M.D.C. (-15% to physical skills)
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
Wakiza: -40 I.S.P.; Liberator PB: 50 shots/-7 shots; -65 M.D.C. from FF
  • Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
  • Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
  • Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
  • Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
  • Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
  • Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw
William Summers: DEAD
Wolf Whitaker:
Zed: -191 P.P.E.; Fly as the Eagle activated at 2000; AoI: 30 M.D.; Chameleon @ 2030.5 (12.75 mins)
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5388
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Felix » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:58 am

Perception:1d100 = 3/43% CRITICAL SUCCESS
JIC (100): 1d100 = 84
JIC (20): 1d20 = 16

Conditions (as of this post): Suppress Fear: 3:45 remaining; Psionic Force Field (34 M.D.C.): 17:00 remaining

Skill Rolls:

Initiative Roll: 1d20+3 = 7

Actions (6APM) note: all hand to hand damage, including P.S. bonus, is M.D. when Felix's force field is up!
1: Shout at Harvester who cast CoA on him; Ion blast against Unknown 7 --> 1d20+2 = 10 to strike; 3d6 = 12 M.D. damage
2: Radio group about Harvester behind dark wall and Ion blast against Unknown 7 --> 1d20+2 = 10 to strike; 3d6 = 10 M.D. damage
3: Ion blast against Unknown 7 --> 1d20+2 = 11 to strike; 3d6 = 11 M.D. damage
4: Ion blast against Unknown 7 --> 1d20+2 = 9 to strike; 3d6 = 9 M.D. damage
5. Ion blast against Unknown 7 --> 1d20+2 = 18 to strike; 3d6 = 18 M.D. damage
6: Ion blast against Unknown 7 --> 1d20+2 = 13 to strike; 3d6 = 14 M.D. damage

Teng-Jutsu Automatic Leap Dodges (while on the ground):
None. Fuck you, CoA.

Auto-Parries (if applicable)

1d20+7 = 14
1d20+7 = 26
1d20+7 = 17
1d20+7 = 13
1d20+7 = 26
1d20+7 = 16
1d20+7 = 8 Nat 1

Meadows Group




"We sees about that!" shouts the Flying Tiger to the Harvester before that bastard disappears behind the shadowy wall obfuscating his position.


"Enemigo mago, behind dark wall!" he radios to the group between firing more shots.

"Ayuda me por favor! Can someone frees me? I has magic things holds me in place!" he radios to the group as he keeps firing.

¿Crees que retenerme aquí me hace inútil? piensa de nuevo, pendejos! he thinks as he unloads on his targets.

Translation
You think holding me here makes me useless? Think again, assholes!





Contingencies
PRIME CONTINGENCY: IF Felix's psionic force field is breached, he will immediately form another one (after drawing on the Ley Line for 1d6+1 = 7 ISP; net cost to personal ISP: 3 I.S.P.)
IF Felix is freed from the Carpet of Adhesion, he will immediately take to the air (provided his Force Field is active - see Prime contingency above) and fly up until he can see the Harvester he was previously facing, and then continue firing at them with the remaining attacks.
IF Felix realizes his shots are doing no damage at all to his target, he will switch to a new one and cycle through until he seems to harm something with his shots. If NONE of them seem to get harmed, he will stop firing and radio to the group, "Ay! What hurts these theengs? Mi rifle not workings!"
IF Felix takes out Unknown 7, AND has remaining actions, he will (in order of priority):

1. check on the current status of the freed prisoners. If any of them are under attack, Felix will blast the attacker(s) with his rifle:
Ion blast at whomever/whatever is attacking prisoners: strike -->1d20+2 = 13 ; damage 3d6 = 13
Ion blast at whomever/whatever is attacking prisoners: strike -->1d20+2 = 14 ; damage 3d6 = 10
Ion blast at whomever/whatever is attacking prisoners: strike -->1d20+2 = 3; damage 3d6 = 12 Yay, natural 1
Ion blast at whomever/whatever is attacking prisoners: strike -->1d20+2 = 10 ; damage 3d6 = 12
Ion blast at whomever/whatever is attacking prisoners: strike -->1d20+2 = 12 ; damage 3d6 = 10

2. IF the freed prisoners appear to be safe, and Felix has actions left, he will blast the next closest visble opponent (the Harvester he was facing previously, if visible - if not, whatever is closest) with the above attacks for his remaining actions instead. If that opponent drops, Felix will cycle to the next closest - always with priority against the Harvester whom he was previously fighting with.

In the event that the combat is resolved this round, Felix will check for and attend to any wounded with his remaining actions:
Skill Roll: First Aid (emergency aid, determine extent of injuries, etc) --> Original post: 1d100 = 34/57%

Screwed up all these dice rolls, please ignore
1d20+1 = 171d20+1 = 131d20+1 = 161d20+1 = 151d20+1 = 41d20+5 = 61d20+5 = 121d20+5 = 231d20+5 = 221d20+5 = 91d20+5 = 6
Last edited by Felix on Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 123/131

Conditions, Weapons/Armor, Always On, Saving Throw Info
Current Conditions: Psionic Force Field: 120 M.D.C., 18 minutes remaining, hand to hand attacks inflict M.D.C. damage including P.S. bonus!

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Superior Vision: Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:50 am

Perception Bonus: 29% /55% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 100

JIC: 1d20 = 7
1d100 = 85

Condition: Shadow Meld (from armor; ??/40 melees); Sixth Sense (untriggered)

Lexington Ruins Group

Saul ignores, for now, Wolf's theft of liquor, though it does lead him to question Wolf's priorities. The man is likely a kleptomaniac - a serious diagnosis.

Once Saul sees the old padlock, he grunts in disgust. This is no panic room. This basement is a waste of time.

Sense Supernatural Evil 65% 1d100 = 60 (Range: 360') Saul flicks on his Laser sword and as silently as possible cuts the padlock off the door.

5d6 = 20 M.D.

If that works, Saul steps back and gestures to Wolf to enter first.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 30/30
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 156/156
I.S.P.: 85/98

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 50/24%
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 20

Paranoid Thought Text

Lexington Ruins Group


Rocky wrote:Rocky hears Wolf and speaks on the Radio, "Wolf I am picking up some evil outside I don't think it is a wise Idea to weaken are position up Here as a matter of fact a few of us are heading out to see what's coming."


Wolf literally stops and shakes his head as if trying to clear ringing from his ears and taps on the side of his helmet in serious disbelief. There is no way I heard that right. He was just arguing to keep everyone together, then he doesn't come down here and now he wants to go outside. Why the hell did he not speak up sooner?...He doesn't trust you or his team member Saul. He sent him down here too. What about John? He must not trust you either...John wanted to keep an eye on that Zion guy, which I agree with but we were all in agreement to not venture outside before we secured this building...I guess some people get bored too easy...Glad I'm not sticking with MARS, not sure I could follow such a flippant leader.

Wolf lets out a low chuckle as Saul cuts the lock from the door. "Thank you Saul. Apparently your leader has now determined there is something outside. Why don't you go join him and make sure he's doesn't get himself killed." Wolf motions to Mierin, "We shall finish up down here, and join you in a moment."

Wolf will turn to Mierin, all business in his voice, "You open, I'll clear. Lets make sure we are clear here before joining the others." Wolf will wait for Mierin to open the door, then he will clear the room with weapons in hand.

Prowl-- 1d100 = 70/55% Nope (Moving quietly into the unknown area of the basement.)
Streetwise-- 1d100 = 86/44% Really Nope (Looking for likely areas for possible traps)
Wilderness Survival-- 1d100 = 36/50% Passed Yay!! (Looking for likely areas for possible traps)
Find Contraband-- 1d100 = 51/50% Nope...Again. (Looking for likely areas for possible traps)

Three contingencies below for possible outcomes:

IF Wolf finds a trap
Wolf will point out the trap. "Be mindful. Someone has rigged this area." Wolf will carefully move around said trap if possible and continue his search of the area.


IF Combat ensues at anytime
Wolf call out. "Hostiles!!" And how many of them he sees.
Init: 1d20+14 = 27
Action 1: Dual strike NE-6SLs Strike 1: 1d20+4 = 20 Strike 2: 1d20+4 = 17 Damage 1: 1d4*10 = 20 Damage 2: 1d4*10 = 30
Action 1: Dual strike NE-6SLs Strike 1: 1d20+4 = 13 Strike 2: 1d20+4 = 23 Damage 1: 1d4*10 = 40 Damage 2: 1d4*10 = 20
Action 1: Dual strike NE-6SLs Strike 1: 1d20+4 = 9 Strike 2: 1d20+4 = 15 Damage 1: 1d4*10 = 20 Damage 2: 1d4*10 = 20
Action 1: Dual strike NE-6SLs Strike 1: 1d20+4 = 13 Strike 2: 1d20+4 = 14 Damage 1: 1d4*10 = 40 Damage 2: 1d4*10 = 30
Action 5 and 6 reserved for dodge: Dodge 1d20+11 = 13, 1d20+11 = 23

Auto Parry if applicable: 1d20+11 = 16, 1d20+11 = 23, 1d20+11 = 29, 1d20+11 = 28, 1d20+11 = 14
Remove dodge actions if Wolf needs to move from the basement to the main inn for combat.


IF there is nothing behind the door
Wolf will let his shoulders drop slightly and let out a long sigh. "Damn it. Well room clear. Let get back up stairs before they get themselves killed." Wolf will then proceed back up stairs and locate John, as he is the easiest to find. If wolf see's Rocky he will approach him, "Rocky. Why the sudden change of heart? You were dead set on us not splitting up? So why leave without everyone. And why leave Saul down there when you knew he wanted more then all of us to be out here looking for the source of the scream?"

If combat ensues after Wolf rejoins everyone else see Combat contingency above.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wakiza » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 18 / 82% (+15% for either cybernetic hearing or vision if applicable)
JiC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 13

Conditions: Advanced Combat Awareness (All Opponents are -2 to strike Wakiza, -2 to dodge his attacks, and lose one attack per melee); Cloud Targeting Computers and Other Weapon Systems (negate any built-in bonuses and adds a -2 strike penalty with any modern or advanced weaponry) Cloud Sensors (If someone is in PA, Robot or a Vehicle); Combat Acrobatics. Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible. [*]Superhuman Speed: BoM P. 109, 24m remaining, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv P. 14, 12m remaining, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/ impact, Auto Dodge: +5, Walk Tightrope: 88%, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/ Impact from moving vehicle or explosion/concussive blast
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM P. 109, 12m remaining, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv P. 16, 12m remaining, +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
[*]Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), [dice]100 M.D.C[/dice].
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE

Group: Temple

Surprised, Wak thinks What did they do to my rifle? But before he can figure it out Wak witnesses his closest and oldest companion on the Roughnecks go down and he morphs from pissed to massively enraged! You are all dead! He knows he has no time for grief and he focuses his rage towards his many enemies. He feels the familiar warning of a deadly attack behind him and sees the trap forming below his feet so he leaps towards the undead juicers (max 51') planning to come up short. Just before he lands he says, "Frak all of you!" He then activates his TK force field to envelop the juicers and Harvester 2 (90' diameter max, 225 MD, -30 isp). He fills the tunnel near the juicers with that FF, so whatever is behind him can't get through. Without any hesitation he teleports, using Blink of an Eye (-24 ppe) from his armor to right behind Harvester 3 and lets go of his rifle to touch Harvester 3 while activating Mindshatter from his sword (-2 to save). He does it again just in case the necro shrugs off the first one. "Bastards!"

He grabs a smoke grenade and tosses it towards Harvester 2. He next uses the Mute Spell on his Sword to mute Harvester 2. He does it twice to ensure it works! Regardless of whether the first TK FF is down or not, Wak activates a second TK FF (-30 isp) around the two juicers, while still trying to block the passage. If the first TK FF is up he wills it away while walking towards Harvester 2 ready to carve him up with Derilian.

Wak is acting without thought, he is operating on reflexes honed in various battles over the years using every advantage and ability he has!

APM: 8+2(spell)=10
Init: 1d20+13 = 16

Don't forget Wak's Advanced Combat Awareness if the Juicers shoot at him! He will also have an additional +4 to Auto Dodge the juicers if they fire at him.

Action 1: Leaps away from the trap towards the juicers trying to land in front of them. Sense of Balance-- 1d100 = 21 108% Strike: 1d20+14 = 33
Action 2: Activates Telekinetic Force Field around the juicers and Harvester 2, blocking the cavern. (90' diameter max, 225 MD, -30 isp)
Action 3: Activates Blink of an Eye (-24 ppe) from his armor to teleport right behind Harvester 3.
Action 4: Just lets go of the Rifle and touches Harvester 3 while activating Mindshatter from his sword (-2 to save). Strike: 1d20+14 = 23
Action 5: Activates Mindshatter from his sword again on Harvester 3 (-2 to save). Strike: 1d20+14 = 31
Action 6: He grabs a smoke grenade and tosses it towards Harvester 2 while shifting vision to Thermal. Strike: 1d20+14 = 31
Action 7: He then activates the Mute spell on Harvester 2 with his sword.
Action 8: He then activates the Mute spell again on Harvester 2 with his sword.
Action 9: Activates a second TK FF (-30 isp) around the two juicers still trying to block the passage.
Action 10: If the first TK FF is up, he wills it away while walking towards Harvester 2.

Add an additional +4 to Auto Dodge if the juicers fire at him.
Auto-dodge: 1d20+12 = 14 1d20+12 = 14 1d20+12 = 17 1d20+12 = 14 1d20+12 = 13 1d20+12 = 21 1d20+12 = 22 1d20+12 = 31 1d20+12 = 29 1d20+12 = 23
Parry: 1d20+22 = 34 1d20+22 = 30 1d20+22 = 25 1d20+22 = 34 1d20+22 = 23 1d20+22 = 23 1d20+22 = 23 1d20+22 = 28 1d20+22 = 31 1d20+22 = 38

Contingency: If his Armor's FF and the AoI go down he will burn an action to activate Storm Rider Armor from his armor.

Contingency 2: If the Mindshatter didn't seem to work he will focus his efforts on Harvester 3 like the Mutes and include Harvester 2 in the 2nd TK FF
Last edited by Wakiza on Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 43/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 76 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Daphne » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:22 am

Perception: 1d100 = 67/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 1; 1d100 = 6
Conditions: None.


Equipment Notes
Armor and Weapons Notes:
NG-EX10 Gladius Light Exo-Skeleton Battle Armor (Main Body: 180/180)
Ultra-300 Armored Huntsman’s Choice Jumpsuit (Main Body 25/25)
Armored M.D.C. Aviator’s Flight Jacket (Main Body: 10/10)
NG-B30 Bangstick Staff Ammo: 2/2
NG-PB713 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 10/10
NG-101 Rail Gun Block III Ammo: 300/300 (Silver Rounds)

Kittiani Transformable Fighter Info:
Main Body: 327/450
Pulse Cannon (2): Payload: unlimited
Mini-Missile Launchers (2): Payload: 12/16 AP mini-missiles (8 each)
Laser Turret: Payload: unlimited
Forearm Energy Blades: Payload: unlimited.




Initiative: 1d20+2 = 5
Number of Attacks: 9

Action One: Exit Kitiani Transformable Fighter, and ready NG-101 Rail Gun
Action Two: Fire NG-101 (30 rd burst) at Unknown 1. (Strike: EP Critical; Damage: 6d6*2 = 30 M.D. (Silver Ammo))
Action Three: Fire NG-101 (30 rd burst) at Unknown 1. (Strike: EP Critical; Damage: 6d6*2 = 38 M.D. (Silver Ammo))
Action Four: Fire NG-101 (30 rd burst) at Unknown 1. (Strike: EP Critical; Damage: 6d6*2 = 44 M.D. (Silver Ammo))
Action Five: Fire NG-101 (30 rd burst) at Unknown 1. (Strike: EP Critical; Damage: 6d6*2 = 38 M.D. (Silver Ammo))
Action Six: Fire NG-101 (30 rd burst) at Unknown 1. (Strike: EP Critical; Damage: 6d6*2 = 52 M.D. (Silver Ammo))
Action Seven: Fire NG-101 (30 rd burst) at Unknown 1. (Strike: EP Critical; Damage: 6d6*2 = 50 M.D. (Silver Ammo))
Action Eight: Fire NG-101 (30 rd burst) at Unknown 1. (Strike: EP Critical; Damage: 6d6*2 = 38 M.D. (Silver Ammo))
Action Nine: Fire NG-101 (30 rd burst) at Unknown 1. (Strike: EP Critical; Damage: 6d6*2 = 48 M.D. (Silver Ammo))

Parries as needed: 1d20+8 = 28, 1d20+8 = 21, 1d20+8 = 26, 1d20+8 = 21, 1d20+8 = 19, 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 16, 1d20+8 = 14.
Dodge (If armor is reduced to 45 M.D.C. or less, and attack is unparryable): 1d20+8 = 20, 1d20+8 = 17, 1d20+8 = 18, 1d20+8 = 12, 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 19, 1d20+8 = 13, 1d20+8 = 28, 1d20+8 = 23.

Contingencies
If Unknown 1 goes down, Daphne will switch to Unknown 2.



Figures, need silver ammo. Daphne thinks as she considers the problem. Let's change the odds a bit. Daphne thinks as she flicks of a few switches and opens her mech up. Quickly Daphne steps outside of the fighter, readying her rail gun. She picks out the target slightly to the south-west of her. That one seems ugly enough. Daphne thinks as she begins laying down a fusillade of silver rail gun ammo in it's direction, nearly emptying the belt into it.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment & Gear
See Here For accurate list.
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Ronan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:08 am

JiC: 1d100 = 82 / 1d20 = 16
Perception [33%]: 1d100 = 68

Conditions
Current MDC: 489/519

Metal Skin: A.R.: 16 | +8 P.S. | +3 P.E. | +15 H.P. | +180 S.D.C. | +8 H2H DMG | +1 Parry/Disarm (can use arms/body)
Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw


"Seymour, move forward, now! Monster behind you." Ronan shouts over their radio, hoping the simple order will be followed without the need to look behind, questioningly and run into whatever the blob thing is. He is committed to ending the Murder Wraith with longer ranger first and will then double back to help Seymour.

As his armor gets shredded, Ronan takes the blasts with anger as it shreds his main body, causing the heavy chestguard to fall shredded. Shit, I hope I don't need to pay them back. Glad I left my ADF gear back there. The flight suit underneath being equally shredded, Ronan feels a slick oily sensation twist like a knot on his chest. Familiar with being cut and blood, Ronan doesn't immediately notice his body encasing itself in a silvery skin as a result to his armor being blown apart.

He brings his Lightblade down on his target and sees the silvery material where he'd normally see his paler skin tone. ... Silver? Has the Allfather answered this lost soldier? He thinks as his slash cuts down. Glancing back at his left hand where the silver baton formed last time, he looks to his lit Lightblade and is a mixture of emotions when he sees the silver blade form in his hand, matching the Lightblade in size only with a sharp end. By the Allfather, Atlas and the Warrior Goddess, Inanna; I will not waste the tools you've given me.

Ronan doesn't question the two developments in the face of such adversity, instead he goes all in on the Murder Wraith with both the Silver and Lightblade. Ronan falls into a Double Sword Flurry with the two blades. If his foe falls, he will immediately sprint towards Seymour, running behind Vheld and attempting to either grab Seymour out of the way, or insert himself in front of the blob thing and continue his flurry.

APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 5
Parries [w/ LB]: 1d20+17 = 34 | 1d20+17 = 21 | 1d20+17 = 22 | 1d20+17 = 37 | 1d20+17 = 18 | 1d20+17 = 37
Parries [w/ SB]: 1d20+16 = 18 | 1d20+16 = 23 | 1d20+16 = 18 | 1d20+16 = 21 | 1d20+16 = 32

M.D.C. Regen: 1d6*10 = 60 [Every 4 rounds]

Paired Weapon Actions, dual-wielding.
Action 1: Radio Seymour; Encase himself in silver skin. Slash the Murder Wraith (MR with the Light blade (LB) in his right hand. Strike: 1d20+12 = 19 Damage: 1d6*10 = 50
Action 2: Form Silver Blade (SB) in left hand. Strike with Silver Blade. SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 26 Damage: 1d6*10 = 50
Action 3: Flurry attack with SB and LB. SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 19 Damage: 1d6*10 = 60 || LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 31 Damage: 1d6*10 = 60
Action 4: Flurry attack with SB and LB. SB Strike: 1d20+12 = 16 Damage: 1d6*10 = 60|| LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 29 Damage: 1d6*10 = 50
Action 5: Flurry attack with SB and LB. SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 26 Damage: 1d6*10 = 30|| LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 20 Damage: 1d6*10 = 60
Action 6: Flurry attack with SB and LB. SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 21 Damage: 1d6*10 = 40 || LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 24 Damage: 1d6*10 = 40
Action 7: Flurry attack with SB and LB. SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 13 Damage: 1d6*10 = 10|| LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 23 Damage: 1d6*10 = 50
Action 8: Action 3: Flurry attack with SB and LB. SB Strike: 1d20+11 = 25 Damage: 1d6*10 = 40 || LB Strike: 1d20+12 = 26 Damage: 1d6*10 = 10

Intent: Slash MW with both weapons until it dies.

Primary Contingency
    Ronan sees behind Seymour wrote:...the massive blood pool in which he’s standing coalesces behind him into an amorphous, humanoid shape as Ronan keys his radio...


    Ronan will do a 180* upon the death of the death-dealing murder wraith and spin around to the blob behind Seymour to engage it before it eats the rat man. Close distance (going around Vheld's beam of magic) and grab Seymour out of the blobs reach/grasp while hacking at it with above strikes. Ronan will use whichever weapon is most effective as his attacking weapon, grabbing Seymour with his other hand. He'll radio regarding the blob to the rear.

    "Goop monster behind. They're starting to get around us!"
Secondary Contingency
If the blob thing behind Seymour pops, Ronan will leap attack to the closest Harvester or Murder Wraith he can.

New Orders Contingency
If Vheld or Wak decide to dish out any orders directly pertaining to him, and he wouldn't be abandoning a fellow group member, he will stop what he's doing to tackle to the objective. He figures they know more about what to look for and where to hit them.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe
Constant Stats and Supers
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Mierin » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:59 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 22 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 25

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 75 (88%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 66 (59%) watching for signs of a possible attack
Prowl 1d100 = 3 (83%) to open the door as quietly as possible

Lexington Ruins Group

Condition:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Sustain – duration: 20 days

Mierin raises an eyebrow when Wolf is done his tirade. ”Are you always this much of an asshole when someone agrees with you?” Mierin whispers calmly, no trace of anger of defensiveness in her voice. I'd hate to see what happens when someone disagrees with him. ”And yes, I can open the door quietly. I was making sure there was no booby traps on the door before I tried to open it. It's clear.”

When she realizes it's a simple padlock on the door, Mierin is about to pull out her vibro knife to cut it, but then Saul beats her to it. She's a bit surprised by Wolf's sending Saul upstairs and is not pleased by the Rocky's going outside. He's a bigger moron than I thought Not caring who unlocks the door as long as it gets done, Mierin simply nods and approaches the door as quietly as possible and opens it with her left hand, holding her Wilks Mariner pistol in her right hand. She really isn't expecting trouble, but figures it never hurts to be cautious just in case. Mierin follows Wolf into the room, ready to defend herself if necessary.

If there is combat
OOC Comments
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 25
1. Follows Wolf into room
2. Reserved for dodge if needed.
3. Fires pulse pistol. Strike: 1d20+5 = 19, Damage, if hit: 2d8 = 10
4. Reserved for dodge if needed.
5. Fires pulse pistol. Strike: 1d20+5 = 15, Damage, if hit: 2d8 = 10
6. Reserved for dodge if needed.
7. Fires pulse pistol. Strike: 1d20+5 = 8, Damage, if hit: 2d8 = 8
8. Reserved for dodge if needed.
9. Fires pulse pistol. Strike: 1d20+5 = 10, Damage, if hit: 2d8 = 13


If there is no combat.
OOC Comments
Mierin surveys the room with an impartial face and shrugs. ”Agreed. It seems like that's what they're trying to get themselves killed in idiotic fashion.”
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies

Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Mouser » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:28 pm

Perception: 92% 1d100 = 54
JIC: 1d100 = 60 1d20 = 7

Augur wrote:Mouser lands on all four at the other end of the portal which quickly vanishes behind him. The terrain is peculiar. There's a huge, natural rock into which stairs and an entrance have been carved, and all around it is forest. At the foot of the stairs are a couple of demonic beings. One looks bored and petulant, while the other is enraged and screaming incredibly loudly.


Mouser's arrival was somewhat disorienting, as the AI usually found any rifting to be, though this time it was perhaps slightly more so as the scene it arrived upon was not quite what it had expected. Being confronted with the presence of demonic creatures, Mouser quickly tries to blend into the background in some manner, before it would pause to take stock of the situation, get a scan of the surroundings, and try to work out a plan of action. Did it attack the creatures, or should it sneek off? Where were potential allies? A quick radio call should at least notify anyone within a good range that it had arrived, given just how much range Mouser actually had built in, though receiving was debatable unless those transmitting back had at least near equal range to his own. Finally, Mouser would take the time, provided it had it, to check the area over to see if any traps or the like were noticeable, or other signs of where everyone it was seeking had gone, what was going on or, well, anything that would help orient the machine and aid it in making a logical decision as to what it's next step should be....

So many unknowns so quickly. Problematic.

First off, should Mouser remain undetected, it would begin by trying to assess just what kind of demonic creatures it was dealing with. That would be important in telling if it would even stand a chance against them or not. Mouser had a number of weapon systems at it's disposal, but past experience, as well as numerous entries in it's database gave the AI sufficient concern that it potentially was ill equipped to deal with them. The next thing Mouser would do is then start scanning the area for signs of other life, especially of Wakiza or others he'd recognize as team mates, followed by... well anyone who might not be immediately hostile, and so on, and then just anything of note. The AI was trying to be patient and assess the whole situation, before acting, though Mouser wasn't about to refrain from joining the fray were it to be detected and attacked! And finally of course, it would try to reach someone on the Roughnecks via radio communications "Unit Mouser seeking contact with Unit: Wakiza or units: Roughnecks." (Range is: 150 miles (without the antenna extended))

In the event Mouser comes under attack, the robot will simply start to move on a run and try to mostly remain evasive, while returning some fire as it focused mostly on trying to solve the above mentioned issues. If Mouser however remained unassailed and otherwise left alone, it would just stay put until it had collected further data or receives a response to it's radio message.

"Skill & JIC Action/Defense/Attack rolls"
Skills for Attempting to sneak/Hide:
Prowl 88% 1d100 = 68
Camouflage 95% 1d100 = 59

Skills for checking out the area:
Trap/Mine Detection 100% 1d100 = 84
Detect Ambush 90% 1d100 = 84
Detect Concealment 83% 1d100 = 24
Land Navigation 111% 1d100 = 16
Optic Systems 99% 1d100 = 100
Sensory Equipment 99% 1d100 = 7
Surveillance 99% 1d100 = 2

Skills for seeking information of what's going on or where people may be or have gone
Intelligence 105% 1d100 = 57
Tracking (people) 95% 1d100 = 44
Sensory Equipment 99% 1d100 = 41

Skills for trying to tell what kind of demonic creatures were ahead
Lore: Deamons & Monsters 89% 1d100 = 10

Skills for trying to use the radio to reach the Roughnecks, clear up any radio interference, cut through any jamming etc:
Radio Basic: 107% 1d100 = 46
Cryptography 89% 1d100 = 67
Electronic Countermeasures 103% 1d100 = 10

JIC Dice Rolls:
If Mouser is attacked, he will try to mostly act in a defensive manner, and try to focus on the above tasks, while only occasionally returning fire
APM:11

JIC Initiative: 1d20+6 = 7

JIC Dodge: 1d20+18 = 271d20+18 = 191d20+18 = 241d20+18 = 241d20+18 = 381d20+18 = 251d20+18 = 251d20+18 = 24

JIC Parry: 1d20+14 = 161d20+14 = 241d20+14 = 291d20+14 = 201d20+14 = 181d20+14 = 241d20+14 = 251d20+14 = 191d20+14 = 341d20+14 = 191d20+14 = 20

JIC Roll with Impact: 1d20+5 = 81d20+5 = 121d20+5 = 251d20+5 = 201d20+5 = 251d20+5 = 81d20+5 = 12

JIC Attacks:
Particle Beam (2000ft range): 1d20+8 = 23
Damage: 6d6+6 = 37 MD

Mini Gun Burst (2000ft range): 1d20+9 = 27
Damage: 2d4 = 3 MD

Flamethrower (140ft range): 1d20+8 = 26
Damage: 3d6 = 12 MD
Mouser's Sheet

M.D.C. by location:
• Head: 28
• Legs (4): 83
• Mini-Hand(2): 10
• Mini-Arms(2): 25
• Sensory Antenna (2): 6
• Tail: 28
• Main Body: 550

Constant Effects: Advanced Audio System with 80 Decibel Loudspeaker & Recorder, Motion Detector & Warning System, Micro Radar with Radar Detector, Molecular Analyzer & Explosives Detector, Radiation & Biometic Scanner, Environmental Protection, Gyro-Compass & Depth Gauge with Alarm, Bug Detector, Sound Analysis Computer, Wide Band Radio Receiver/Transmitter with Scrambling/Decoding

Vocal Output: Robotic/Gender Neutral
Combat Setting: Lethal response Authorized


Soundtrack:
Dead Can Dance -The End of Words
Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (Justice Mix)
AWOLNATION - Kill your Heroes
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
User avatar
Mouser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: Roughnecks

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wakiza » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:28 pm

Rolls as above

Mouser wrote: And finally of course, it would try to reach someone on the Roughnecks via radio communications "Unit Mouser seeking contact with Unit: Wakiza or units: Roughnecks." (Range is: 150 miles (without the antenna extended))


Wak's ears perk up if he hears this radio signal through his rage, Mouser, the damn feline bucket of bolts, what in the Spirits? Thought we lost him in Mexico? If Wak is able during his plethora of combat maneuvers he will call out a short message to Mouser, "Mouser, get in this temple and get to my side, ASAP." Only if he is able, as he is in the middle of an ugly fight, but he knows Mouser would be an asset!!!
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 43/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 76 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:33 am

**Rolls Held Over**

Paranoid Thought Text

Lexington Ruins Group

Mierin wrote:Mierin raises an eyebrow when Wolf is done his tirade. ”Are you always this much of an asshole when someone agrees with you?” Mierin whispers calmly, no trace of anger of defensiveness in her voice. I'd hate to see what happens when someone disagrees with him. ”And yes, I can open the door quietly. I was making sure there was no booby traps on the door before I tried to open it. It's clear.”


Wolf registers Mierin's comment but does not immediately respond. She's right. I jumped all over her and she has been the only one really standing with me through everything so far...She's a hired killer. You cant trust her. She'll use it against you...Why don't you go play in a mine field...Hahaha. Do you want to die that badly?...Seriously, shut up.

Wolf let's out a large sigh after he sends Saul back up the stairs. "You're right. I'm sorry. Its different being part of a team. I'm used to operating on my own. Thank you." Wolf takes a big breath, as if the conversation took a physical toll on him. He exhales and focuses back on the door. "Alright. Lets get this done." Wolf nods to Mierin and goes through the door.

See previous post for all contingencies.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 10

Weapons
NE-6SL 3/6
NE-6SL 1/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:31 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 11 / 70%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 88

RUINS GROUP

CONDITIONS: John is Maximum Size and Pebbles. John is wet. John's Radar Power doesn't work in the rain. John can't be touched by the Undead. See Invisible.

When nothing comes out of the night to fight him, John is a bit disappointed. I thought it would be a cool fight in the rain. It sounded big... ah well.

He looks around, trying to see anything in the dark, then starts rummaging around inside himself with his left hand, eventually pulling out his lightblade. Holding it carefully between his thumb and forefinger, John activates the blade, "Expecto patronum!" (-15 MDC to activate)

Ouch! His body instantly tries to repair the damage. (Triggering one use of Healing Factor 4d6 = 18)

Using the magic blade as a source of light, John raises it over his head, peering into the dark and the rain.

Maybe if I go into the dark, it'll draw it out?

"Hey Rocky and cult guy, I'm going to go check that collapsed stairwell real fast. I can see it about 200 feet to the Southeast, there. I'll be right back! If there's trouble, give a shout."

So as to hide his full speed, John goes at a sedate 50-60 mph for the 200 feet. rumble rumble rumble

Once at the ruined stairwell, he gives it a quick examination, primarily looking to see if it actually leads to anything underground (in case the basement is a dud) or if it actually is completely collapsed. If it looks like it opens up under the surface, he checks the direction of any tunnel against the inn and mentally plots a course between the building and this stairwell.

During all this, he is also trying to keep a watch on his surroundings so he doesn't get jumped and to protect Rocky and Zion as well.

If nothing else happens, he goes back to the inn at the same 50-60 mph.

If someone/something attacks Rocky and Zion while he's at the stairwell, John runs back at top speed, ready for combat. Excellent, using them as bait worked!

If someone/something attacks him, John is ready to rumble. Excellent, using myself as bait worked!

Land Navigation (to plot any tunnels between the stairwell and inn): 1d100 = 80 / 78%
Detect Ambush (to spot anything that's about to jump him or Rocky/Zion): 1d100 = 70 / 56%
Detect Concealment (for examining the stairwell? Or any hidden attackers): 1d100 = 81 / 56%

Initiative (if you try to attack me): 1d20+9 = 25
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 90/90
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 9
Initiative Bonus: +12
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+17/+17/+13/+13)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Seymour Ruiz » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:41 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 18
Init: 1d20 = 14
Perc: 27% / 1d100 = 62
Charm/Impress: 5% / 1d100 = 1
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 10% / 1d100 = 85


Conditions:
Identify scents: 62% 1d100 = 90
Seymour:
[*]Armor of Ithan: (1/2 damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold), 100 M.D.C.
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM p.100, blinds attackers within 20' AoE
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM p.109, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv p.14, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/impact, +5 to Autododge, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/Impact
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM p.109, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv p.16, +2 APM, +1 to initiative, +1 to ranged strikes, +3 to melee strikes, +2 to disarm/parry/dodge, +4 to pull, +2 to roll w/impact, +4 vs HF, +2 vs possession, Critical on N18-20, karate kick, jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw


Skills Used
OOC Comments
T.V./Video -- 47% / 1d100 = 37 - decent shots
Photography -- 52% / 1d100 = 35 - sellable shots
Surveillance -- 54% / 1d100 = 57 - activate cameras
Computer Operation 70% / 1d100 = 84 - have a camera “keep six”
Intelligence 40% / 1d100 = 36 - look for journals, paperwork… anything that will help learn their plans
Literacy: American -- 70% / 1d100 = 49 - read anything found
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 52% / 1d100 = 98 - id targets
Radio: Basic -- 67% / 1d100 = 71 - use radio
Prowl 76% / 1d100 = 89 - stay quiet


Post -
Temple Group
Ronan wrote:"Seymour, move forward, now! Monster behind you."
Seymour immediatly drops and rolls forward. As he completes his rolls, Seymour sees Will’s blade on the ground beside the body. Wth a soul shattering ”NOOOO!!” Seymour rushes towards Ronan and furiously slashes at the first undead in his path. ”I will not let anymore of my team die!”

He almost fumbles as he runs when he sees Ronan become a metal giant. Seymour slows and stops as Ronan opens his can of whoop ass. Seymour decides to stand over Will until the fighting is done. He guards Will with Draining blade in hand. ”Keep fighting!! I got will covered.” With a grunt, he sets himself for a fight. ((OOC - uses 5 ppe to power blade, seymour has 8))
Seymour Ruiz
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 34/34
Hit Points: 22/22
P.P.E.: 8/8

Armor Worn: N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 160
Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 6 hour duration per E-clip
Book Reference: p.122, DB2

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: “BigBore” Derringer (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig)
User avatar
Seymour Ruiz
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Minerva » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 58/54%
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 19

Group: Meadows
Conditions
  • H.P.: 104/104
  • S.D.C.: 177/177
  • I.S.P.: 305/390
    Psi-Sword
  • Damage: 8D6 (6D6 base + 1 die from ley line +1D6 from fencing) Double vs Xombies and Harvesters.
  • Duration: 59:75/60 minutes
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 5/35 MDC
  • Psionic Forcefield (Active)
  • 70/70 MDC
  • 2/4 Activations
    Stalker Suit
  • 12/12 MDC
    Cloak of Protection
  • 50/50 MDC
  • AR: 12
  • Impervious to Fire
    Ring of Invisibility (Inactive)
  • 0/10 minutes
  • 3/3 Activations
    Ring of Resist Fire (Inactive)
  • 0/2 hours
  • 3/3 Activations
    On a Ley Line
  • Can use 1D6+1 ISP per melee round. Can not be stored.
  • Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.
  • Damage is increased by 1 additional die.


After reupping her psionic protection, Minerva burrows into the Harvester that she has a hold of, removing his ability to attack her and then destroying him with her psionically formed blade.

Initiative: EP Crit
APM: 6

Action 1: Reactivate Psychic Body Field.
Action 2: Disarm Harvester's Pistol w/ Psi-Sword. Strike: EP Crit.
Action 3: Slash Harvester 1 with Psi-Sword. Strike: 1d20+11 = 19 Damage: 8d6 = 23 (x2 vs beings vulnerable to psionics [Xombies + Harvesters]=46 MD)
Action 4: Slash Harvester 1 with Psi-Sword. Strike: 1d20+11 = 18 Damage: 8d6 = 27 (x2 vs beings vulnerable to psionics [Xombies + Harvesters]=54 MD)
Action 5: Slash Harvester 1 with Psi-Sword. Strike: 1d20+11 = 22 Damage: 8d6 = 28 (x2 vs beings vulnerable to psionics [Xombies + Harvesters]=56 MD)
Action 6: Slash Harvester 1 with Psi-Sword. Strike: 1d20+11 = 26 Damage: 8d6 = 32 (x2 vs beings vulnerable to psionics [Xombies + Harvesters]=64 MD)

Parries: 1d20+11 = 251d20+11 = 271d20+11 = 271d20+11 = 241d20+11 = 231d20+11 = 17

Contingencies:
Contingency 1: If Minerva's Psychic Body Field goes down, she will sacrifice an action to reactivate it.
Contingency 2: If Minerva runs out of Body Field activations, she will use one action to undergo her Supernatural Transformation and another to activate her own psychic power Psychic Body Field for protection.
Contingency 3: If Harvester 1 dies, she will grab the combatant attacking Tony using her Hyper TK (EP Crit a strike roll if this happens). If there are more actions available, she will disarm it (EP Crit again), approach it and slash it with her Psi-Sword (using the rolls above).
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Lahz » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:00 pm

Perception [42%]: 1d100 = 36 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 1
JiC D100: 1d100 = 90

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 98%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Happy and Hopeful], Marauder PA, Sustain (20 Days), N-F50A Force Field [---/160]

ISP: 211/211
Telemechanics [98%]: 1d100 = 40




MEADOWS MARAUDERS ...

As the damage indicators begin to blink more and more rapidly *Little F_cker wants to Dance eh?? Dance blind Bitch ...* and levels his converted shotgun at the Unknown 2-MurderWraith and fires a load of silver buckshot into its eyes. Should this fail, due to a dodge, the Psi-Tech blasts the same creature again for the eyes. The Marauder then backs away (East) taking an action to train his turrets on the same target's weapon, *Convenient that Rifle managed not to sustain any damage from the missile volley and prior damaging explosive plasma blast [220MD] ...* Once/if Lahz blasts the Unknown 2-MurderWraith's weapon, he turns his weapon to blast the Blighter nearby.

Lahz will parry as best he can with his hefty Mace (thankfully not a huge issue for a Robotic PS of 50), but is not at all shy about dodging, and will use up to attacks as appropriate (take off end) to avoid/dodge any serious looking strikes.

APM: 9
Init [+2]: EP Crit

1 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at the eyes of Unknown 2-Murder-Wraith: EP Crit, 5d6*2 = 48 to blind
2 -- IF the prior shot did not land then fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at the eyes of Unknown 2: EP Crit, 5d6*2 = 24 to blind (if not needed, use this action to Aim)
3 -- Aim (OR if he used Action to aim, then fire turrets at the Unknown 2-MurderWraith's Weapon: 1d20+6 = 24, 8d6 = 25*2=50 MD)
4 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Blighter 6: 1d20+6 = 14, 5d6 = 16
5 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Blighter 6: 1d20+6 = 21, 5d6 = 19
6 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Blighter 6: 1d20+6 = 7, 5d6 = 17
7 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Blighter 6: 1d20+6 = 22, 5d6 = 18
8 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Blighter 6: 1d20+6 = 12, 5d6 = 13
9 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Blighter 6: 1d20+6 = 7, 5d6 = 20

Once his primary target falls (or flees), Lahz will turn his fire on alternate Targets: Unknown 2-MurderWraith, then whatever undead is closest.

Parries as needed [+11] with heavy Mace: 1d20+11 = 30, 1d20+11 = 20, 1d20+11 = 12, 1d20+11 = 25, 1d20+11 = 20, 1d20+11 = 14, 1d20+11 = 23, 1d20+11 = 16, 1d20+11 = 24

Dodges as needed [+8]: 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 24, 1d20+8 = 13, 1d20+8 = 17, 1d20+8 = 10, 1d20+8 = 11



TONY

Multi-Optics Eyes: Telescopic Vision (6,000'), Nightvision 2000', Thermo Imaging 2000', Amplified Hearing: Can hear sounds as quiet as 10 decibels as far away as 500ft away, programmed to recognize 60,000 different mechanical sounds, Wide Band Radio Receiver & Transmitter & Radio System Scrambler (Sourcebook 1, Pg 28): Range: 300 miles; can send receive encoded/encrypted.

OOC: Tony's Speed translates to 211 feet/second, 395ft/attack

In a near-wrecked state, Tony opts for entirely defensive actions, first retreating (300ft-ish) to the East. He will (when appropriate) fire 2 shots into his prior attacker but otherwise focus entirely on defensive acts (parrying and dodging).

APM: 8 (+1 tentacle)
Init [+4]: 1d20+4 = 9

1 -- Dodge like hell/retreat ... EP Crit
2 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Unknown 1-MurderWraith: 1d20+4 = 6, 5d6 = 17
3 -- Fire WI-GL8 Automatic Shotgun [Silver Buckshot] at Unknown 1-MurderWraith: 1d20+4 = 18, 5d6 = 16
4-8 -- Dodges

9 -- Electro-tentacles to grab any Target approaching into Melee range: 1d20+11 = 26, Electrified tentacle 3d6 = 14 MD + Chance of Stunning Victim for 1d4 Melees (See Warlords of Russia Pg 126, victim drops to 2 APM, -70% Skill performance and speed, No Initiative, -8 all combat rolls)

Parry with Sword [+14]: 1d20+14 = 20, 1d20+14 = 24, 1d20+14 = 25, 1d20+14 = 24, 1d20+14 = 23, 1d20+14 = 23, 1d20+14 = 20, 1d20+14 = 22

Dodge [+13]: 1d20+13 = 22, 1d20+13 = 19, 1d20+13 = 22, 1d20+13 = 30, 1d20+13 = 24, 1d20+13 = 17, 1d20+13 = 26, 1d20+13 = 15
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Vheld » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:51 pm

Temple Group
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 7
PER: 1d100 = 71 vs. 76%
APM: 9
Conditions
[*]Cloak of Darkness- R:UE P. 200, 65m remaining, self+5ft. radius, opponents striking from a distance are -3 to strike (-1 if using thermal-optics or similar)
[*]Chromatic Protection: BoM P. 100, 14m remaining, blinds attackers within 10-ft radius, see spell description for other details.
[*]Superhuman Speed: BoM P. 109, 23m remaining, Speed: 44, +2 to parry, +6 to dodge.
[*]Superhuman Agility: MercAdv P. 14, 11m remaining, +1 to initiative, +1 to parry, +5 to roll w/ impact, Auto Dodge: +5, Walk Tightrope: 88%, +20% to Climb, Auto Roll w/ Impact from moving vehicle or explosion/concussive blast
[*]Superhuman Strength: BoM P. 109, 11m remaining, SNPS: 30, PE: 24, +30 SDC
[*]Fighting Spirit: MercAdv P. 16, 11m remaining, +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, parry and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 to roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 S.D.C.), jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
[*]Dimension Sense: 90% skill, Vheld will detect any dimension-based magic (including teleports, opening of portals, etc.) that occurs, 9m remaining. If dimension magic is detected, Vheld can attempt to alter the course of the spell; see R:UE P. 121-122 for details.
[*]Invincible armor: 140/225 MDC, 1/2 damage from energy, regenerates 1d6MDC/melee, fully environmental, -15% to prowl, etc. 53.25m remaining. BoM P. 121.
[*]Mystic portal: 19.25m remaining, R:UE P. 219-20.
[*]Storm staff active: 4.25m remaining, Vheld is impervious to non-magical energy attacks and can fire up to four lightning bolts each melee
Time to minions' arrival
Sil: ARRIVED.
Bel'Dar/Sshir: ARRIVED.
Brokswa: ARRIVED.
Slithn: Spd 15*5 = 75 yds/melee; 9 rounds to arrival.


Invincible armor regeneration for this round: 1d6 = 2 MDC
Vheld curses silently- he needed a new strategy or they were going to be overwhelmed. I knew this was too easy. Sizing up the situation, Vheld determined that Ronan would have to take care of himself for a little bit while Vheld tended to more pressing matters. Specifically, the ritual. Seymour, at least, he could help a little. Sending to Sil, Protect the rat., Vheld decides that it’s time for what is, to him, an unorthodox strategy. Namely, a frontal charge. I just hope that really is an illusion.

Initially, Vheld drops back to get into cover. Once there, and not under any immediate fire, he begins a more extended casting- speed of the snail ((-50 PPE)). Then, Vheld draws his sword, turns, and charges- leading the way with more lightning bolts.

Action 1: Dodge/get into cover; 1d20+13 = 23.
Actions 2+3: Cast speed of the snail on 1d6+1 = 6 targets, in order from highest to lowest priority: the Murder Wraith fighting Ronan, Harvester 3, Harvester 1, Harvester 2, followed by anything else hostile that pops up. BoM P. 131: Lasts 30 melees: speed, attacks per melee, dodge, and parry are all reduced to 1/3 normal.
Action 4: Draw Odin’s Blade.
Action 5: Charge the summoned thing, while blasting lightning ahead of him. 1d20+7 = 13 to strike, 6d6 = 28 MD.
Action 6: Attack the summoned thing with his rune sword, or Harvester 1 if it proves to be an illusion. 1d20+9 = 27 to strike, 6d6+3 = 31x2=62 MD.
Action 7: Attack the summoned thing with his rune sword, or Harvester 1 if it proves to be an illusion. 1d20+9 = 23 to strike, 6d6+3 = 24 MD.
Action 8: Attack the summoned thing with his rune sword, or Harvester 1 if it proves to be an illusion. 1d20+9 = 25 to strike, 6d6+3 = 19 MD.
Action 9: Attack the summoned thing with his rune sword, or Harvester 1 if it proves to be an illusion. 1d20+9 = 12 to strike, 6d6+3 = 25 MD.

Contingency: If Vheld’s invincible armor is depleted he will sacrifice an action to use his talisman again.
Auto-parries with staff (will not interrupt casting to defend): 1d20+13 = 31, 1d20+13 = 26, 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 30, 1d20+13 = 19, 1d20+13 = 25, 1d20+13 = 15, 1d20+13 = 32, 1d20+13 = 26
Auto-dodges (will not interrupt casting to defend): 1d20+5 = 6, 1d20+5 = 16, 1d20+5 = 22, 1d20+5 = 11, 1d20+5 = 15, 1d20+5 = 23, 1d20+5 = 6, 1d20+5 = 20, 1d20+5 = 23

Sil
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 21
APM: 5
Heeding her master’s wishes, Sil drops the sack she was holding, engages her own magical defense, and leaps to Seymour’s aid against the blood golem or whatever it is.

Action 1: Activate invincible armor talisman ((-1 charge))
Action 2: Attack the blood thing. 1d20+6 = 21 to strike, 3d6 = 11 MD.
Action 3: Attack the blood thing. 1d20+6 = 8 to strike, 3d6 = 12 MD.
Action 4: Attack the blood thing. 1d20+6 = 14 to strike, 3d6 = 4 MD.
Action 5: Attack the blood thing. 1d20+6 = 24 to strike, 3d6 = 12 MD.

Auto-dodges: 1d20+6 = 15, 1d20+6 = 14, 1d20+6 = 18, 1d20+6 = 19, 1d20+6 = 9.

Contingencies: If her invincible armor is depleted, she will sacrifice an action to renew it. If her armor is somehow bypassed, Sil will shift to her phantom form and retreat once she’s at less than half MDC.

Minion combat rolls
Brokswa
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 74
APM: 5
Auto-parries: 1d20+10 = 13, 1d20+10 = 30, 1d20+10 = 26, 1d20+10 = 23, 1d20+10 = 14
Contingencies: If Brokswa is reduced to half his MDC or less (takes more than 66 MD) he will sacrifice an action to activate his own talisman of invincible armor.

Sshir
Initiative: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 83
APM: 5

Dodges: 1d20+4 = 12, 1d20+4 = 23, 1d20+4 = 20, 1d20+4 = 22, 1d20+4 = 6

Bel’Dar
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 83
APM: 6
Auto-dodges: 1d20+8 = 11, 1d20+8 = 21, 1d20+8 = 20, 1d20+8 = 20, 1d20+8 = 17, 1d20+8 = 9
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 101/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
1/3 charges on Vheld's and 2/3 on Sil's invincible armor talismans.
Energy Spheres: 264/1000 PPE (29d; floating behind Vheld)
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Saul » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:54 am

(rolls carried over)

Lexington Ruins Group

Wolf wrote: "Thank you Saul. Apparently your leader has now determined there is something outside. Why don't you go join him and make sure he's doesn't get himself killed. We shall finish up down here, and join you in a moment."


Saul frowns. "Indeed." As he turns to ascend the stair he adds, "Do try not to steal anything. Those bottles clattering away in your pocket will absolutely ruin any attempts at stealth." I understand the concept of 'to the winner go the spoils' and that this is ostensibly a ruin... but it looks like people live here. This isn't spoils of battle and this isn't loot from a ruin. These are people's things.

Saul will then ascend to the main floor of the inn, to find Zion and Rocky just inside the door.

"Do you have a location on this sensation of evil?"

He stands ready at the door, at one with the shadows in this darkened inn.

"The others are finishing up downstairs. They'll be up here with their purloined loot when they're done."
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 30/30
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 156/156
I.S.P.: 85/98

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Jack Killian » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:19 pm

Perception: 79% 1d100 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 38 / 1d100 = 41


Meadow Group
Condition
OOC Comments
Burst Body Protection
6 ISP for 72MD
Psi Armor Body Field
30 ISP
• 70/70 MDC

On a Ley Line

• Double Range and Duration of all Psionic Powers OR as noted in the specific description of power.
• Damage is increased by 1 additional die.

Suppress Fear
Enhanced Perception
This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.). The psionic power provides the psychic with a +3 to Perception, + I to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +I0% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl.
Jack, has his Burst Body Protection on but it doesn’t see to be protecting him from this Wanker with claws but he is grateful the Force field saved him from a few attacks. He senses it is weakening so he activates his Psi Armor Body Field (30 ISP) again when it goes down. He is also glad that his Sword is talking to him, “Hey sword, Mate, got a preference for a name and any ideas how to deal with this wanker? If you can juice up my attacks.” Jack swings at this undead. He will try to move toward Minerva to cover her back as much as possible using the wall as partial coverage.


INIT: 1d20+2 = 6


APM: 6

Action 1: Activates Armors Force Field when the other goes down
Action 2: Strike Sword: 1d20+3 = 11
Damage: 6d6 = 30
Action 3: Strike sword: 1d20+3 = 8
Damage: 6d6 = 28
Action 4: Strike Sword: 1d20+3 = 14
Damage: 6d6 = 30
Action 5: Strike Sword: 1d20+3 = 8
Damage: 6d6 = 20
Action 6: Strike Sword: 1d20+3 = 12
Damage: 6d6 = 18

Parry: 1d20+13 = 33 , 1d20+13 = 29 , 1d20+13 = 24 , 1d20+13 = 31 ,1d20+13 = 17 , 1d20+13 = 28
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: The Doom of Nxla, Act 2: Discovery

Postby Zion » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:30 am

Perception: 1d100 = 53 / 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 5
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Mind Block-Auto Defense, Null Void, Psi Nullification, Sense Supernatural (300'/ 1200') WB12, pg30, Radiate Nature (12'/ 100')WB12, pg30

Group: Lexington Ruins

Zion walks outside after the big pile rocks. Making an effort to quickly pass by Rocy. Mon, I hope he don't get too freaked out my I get close. Zion pushes the thought aside as he steps down the steps off of the porch. He stops a couple of feet behind John.

John wrote:Hey Rocky and cult guy, I'm going to go check that collapsed stairwell real fast. I can see it about 200 feet to the Southeast, there. I'll be right back! If there's trouble, give a shout."


"Well Mon, My six sense ain't br kick'n off, so dare be no imminent sense of danger. I can hold ya' down while ya' go check on dat. You gotta stop call'n me a damn cultist. Unless it's in the name of our lord and savior but ya go check dem stairs now."

Zion takes his rifle from off his shoulder. He takes off the safety and makes sure it lock and loaded. He will try to keep a watchful eye, as best he can, for John as he walks over and checks on a staircase. Not wanting to just rely on his psychic senses he keeps watch for a surprise attack.

Skill Roll
Detect Ambush 45% / 1d100 = 87 - to make sure I am not caught by surprise
Zion

Constant Conditions: Mind Block Auto-Defense, Six Sense, Sense Supernatural Beings, Radiate Nature, Null Void, Psi Nullification and interference

Equipment
Morning Star
    2d6 MD
Wilk's 457 Laser Pulse Rifle
    3D6+2 M.D. per shot or 1D6x10 M.D. burst
    30 shots per LE-Clip
User avatar
Zion
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:49 am

PreviousNext

Return to Spook Squad/Roughnecks/MARS Joint Adventure (19 PCs)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The Apothecary and 1 guest