Amber Dach (True Atlantean Mind Melter)

Jezebel's joynt: General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services of Merctown
GM: Underguard
AGM: The Bos
#4 POST RATE

Moderators: Game Masters, Group Leaders

Amber Dach (True Atlantean Mind Melter)

Postby Amber Dach » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:06 pm

Player Name: Ross
G-Mail: rmachan74@gmail.com
Link to Ledger: Ledger Link

Character Name: Amber Dach
Alias: Ariadne Bagh-Dach (Clan Name)
Race: True Atlantean
O.C.C.: Mind Melter
Alignment: Scrupulous
XP Level: 3
XP Points: 6,631 (The Bos, 06.05.20)
Next Level @ XP: 8,961
Sentiments/Non-Humans: Hates and fears demons and supernatural beings, but believes that all mortal races need to live and work in harmony to hold the demons and monsters at bay.
Number of Worlds Visited: Born on Plane of Sands (Clan Bagd-Dach homeworld), travelled to Alexandria (Home of the Archerean Clan in the Phase World Galaxy), Center on Phase World. Came to Rifts Earth (via Dimensional Pyramid in Lazlo) after travelling the Multiverse while completing her Sojourn Journey when she was 19. The Psynex Entity in Psyscape called to her once she reached Rifts Earth and it is now considered her home.
Sentiments/Coalition: Sad about the CS. The character has seen soldiers defy orders to do the right thing, and recognizes the CS has done many good things for many humans. Its potential for good is tremendous, but believes Emperor Prosek and the government that serves him are evil. They are the ones responsible for the crimes the Coalition has committed against others. Suspicious and cautious about the CS.
Disposition: Introverted and introspective, but charming and captivating when she is engaged with others. Amber is well-centered but doubting in her own abilities as she tries to live up to her family’s legacy as Champions of Light.
Insanity: None.

ATTRIBUTES
IQ: 15
ME: 28
MA: 22
P.S.: 24 (Augmented Strength)
P.P.: 14
P.E.: 21
P.B.: 21
Spd: 28

PHYSICAL DATA
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 130
H.P.: 27 (+1D6 per level of experience)
S.D.C.: 87
Sex: Female
Height: 6’7”
Weight: 175 lbs
Description: Blue eyes, blue hair, attractive, tall, athletic build.

Racial Abilities
  • Healing Abilities (special): Atlanteans recover Hit Points and S.D.C. at a rate of 2D6+10 points per 24 hour period of normal rest and recovery, or 1D6 Hit Points/S.D.C. per hour of meditation at a ley line or nexus point; more at a Healing Pyramid.
  • Ley Line Phasing (special): All Atlanteans are taught how to Ley Line Phase. This is exactly like the Ley Line Walker’s ability. It takes a full melee round (15 seconds) to Ley Line Phase and cannot be used during battle.
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (special): Can not physically transformed by any means.
  • Operate Dimensional Pyramids (special): All True Atlanteans know how to operate the Stone Pyramids created by Atlantean Stone Masters and Minions of Splugorth for the purpose of healing, communications, teleportation, and dimensional teleportation. Base Skill: 35% (+5%).
  • P.P.E. Recovery (special): 10 points per hour of rest or sleep. 15 P.P.E. per hour of meditation.
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 30% (+10%). There is a +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires and a +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. It is the cunning and powerful Master Vampire who remains most difficult to identify (-30% skill penalty) unless it is openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences (special): True Atlanteans can sense the presence of vampires and Vampire Intelligences within a 1,000' radius, but cannot pinpoint the exact location.
  • Sense Rifts and Lev Lines (special): As dimensional travellers for thousands of years, True Atlanteans are able to sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. They can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They do, however, know the general direction and whether it is close by or far away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

Natural Abilities
Perception: 36% (+3%) +5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead
Charm/Impress: 55%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70%
Max. Encumbrance: 105 lb
Max. Carrying Weight: 480 lb
Max. Lifting Weight: 960 lb
Max. Jumping Ability: 24' length, 12' high

Special Abilities
Horror Factor/Awe Factor: 12
Opened Spiritual Third Eye
  • Radiate Nature
    o Range: 100' (12' for non-psychics)
    o Duration: Constant
  • Dream Vision (WB12, page 30)
  • Transform into Energy Being (270 I.S.P.,WB12, page 30)
  • Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
    o Range: 300' (+100') when being is not using powers or abilities; 1200’ (+100’) if using abilities or powers.
    o Duration: Automatic and constant (except when close to ley lines and nexus points)
    o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 76% (+2%)
    o Track by Psychic Scent: 60% (+5%) 76% (+3%) if supernatural being is also using magic
  • Extended Psionic Powers (Psychic Body Field & all sensitive powers at double normal range and duration)

Psionics
Master Psionic
Alter Aura (self) (2)
See Aura (6)
Sixth Sense (2)
Mind Block (4)
Bio-Regenerate (Self) (6)
Healing Touch (6)
Suppress Fear (8)
Deaden Senses (4)
Deaden Pain (4)
Enhance Reflexes (10) (Rifter 25/ page 75)
Intuitive Combat (10)
Speed Reading (2)
Total Recall (2)
Bio-Manipulation (10)
Psychic Body Field (30)
Telekinesis (Super)
See the Invisible (4)
Mind's Eye (8) (Rifter 25/ page 77)
Telepathy (4)
Telemechanics (10)
Meditation - I.S.P Recovery rate: 2/hour of activity, 12/hour of Meditation/Sleep
Clairvoyance (4)
Object Read (6)
Psi-Sword (30)

Magic Tattoos
Heart Pierced by a Wooden Stake (Protection) on the right wrist.
  • Cost to Activate: 15 PPE
  • Duration: 1 hour per level or until cancelled.
    o Immune to the Pheromone Induced Seduction.
    o The character is impervious to the slow kill bite, and cannot be turned into a vampire or enslaved.
    o Impervious to all the mind control powers of vampires and related species of undead.
    o When the magic tattoo is first activated, a wooden stake and a cross appears, one in each hand. Both disappear when the duration ends or the tattoo magic is cancelled.

Weapon Covered in Flames (Long Sword) on left wrist (has the Ancient Greek word "ανδρεία", which means “VALOR”, written on the sword blade.
  • Cost to Activate: 10 PPE
  • Duration: 15 minutes per level or until cancelled.
  • Damage: Long Sword: 2D6 MDC

Animal Tattoo
  • Cost to Activate: 10 PPE
  • Duration: 1 hour per level or until cancelled.
  • Canine: Fox:
    o 24 Hit Points, 10 S.D.C.
    o Bite does 1D6+4 S.D.C. damage, slashing claws 1D4 damage, three attacks per melee. +1 to strike and parry, +4 to dodge.
    o Average Speed is 50, about 35 mph (56 km) and can run at that speed for 1D6 hours.
    o Track by smell 70%, Swim 50%, Prowl 50%, keen vision and hearing.

Racial Skills
Language: Native Tongue (Ancient Greek) 98% (+1)
Language: Other: Dragonese/Elf 82% (+1%)
Language: Other: American 82% (+1%)
Literacy: Native Tongue (Ancient Greek) 98% (+1%)
Literacy: American 66% (+3%)
Literacy: Dragonese/Elf 66% (+3%)
Lore: Dimensions 40% (+5%)

O.C.C. Skills
Language: Other: Spanish 86% (+3%)
Language: Other: Demongogian 86% (+3%)
Math: Basic (+20%)
Athletics (General)
Streetwise 43% (+4%)
Land Navigation 54% (+4%)
Pilot: Jet Packs 60% (+4%)
Pilot: Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes 86% (+3%)
W.P.: Sword
Hand to Hand: Expert

O.C.C. Related Skills
Lore : Demons & Monsters 45% (+5%)
Intelligence 45% (+4%)
Boxing
Fencing
Gymnastics
o Sense of balance 56% (+3%)
o Work parallel bars & rings 66% (+3%)
o Back Flip 74% (+2%)
o Basic Prowl ability 30%.
o Basic Climb ability 25%
o Climb Rope/Rappel 64% (+2%)

Secondary Skills
Computer Operation 50% (+5%)
Radio: Basic 45% (+5%)
Lore : Psychics & Psionics 35% (+5%)
W.P. Shield
W.P. Energy Pistol
Lore : Magic
o Base Skill (general knowledge): 35% (+5%)
o Recognize Magic Symbols. Runes and Circles : 25% (+5%)
o Recognized Enchantment: 20% (+5%)
W.P. Handguns (1st)
Cook 35% (+5%; 1st)

Combat Data
HTH Type: Expert
Number of Attacks: 5
Initiative Bonus: +3
Strike Bonus: +3
Parry Bonus: +6
Dodge Bonus: +6
HTH Damage Bonus: +6
Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +8
Bonus to Pull a Punch: +5
Bonus to Disarm: +2
Other: Kick attack 2D4 damage, kick attack 1D8 damage, Karate Punch 2D4, power punch/kick inflicts one point of Mega-Damage; counts as two melee attacks.

Weapon Proficiencies
Aimed Shots: +3 to Strike Bonus (costs 2 actions)
Burst Shots: +1 to Strike Bonus
Called/Aimed Shots: +3 to Strike Bonus, 12+ Strike Roll Required (costs 3 actions)
Melee Called Shots: No bonus to Strike, No extra action cost

W.P. Sword ☞ Strike +4, Parry +5
W.P. Shield ☞ Strike +0, Parry +5
W.P. Energy Pistol ☞ Strike +2
W.P. Handguns ☞ Strike +0

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +12%
Magic (varies): +3, +2 vs despair based attacks
Magic Illusions: +3
Lethal Poison (14+): +3
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3
Disease: +4
Mind-Altering Toxins: +2
Insanity (12+): +11
Psionics (10): +7 / +4 vs possession
Mind Control: +2 to save vs all forms of mind control
Horror Factor: +8
Last edited by Amber Dach on Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Amber Dach

Re: Amber Dach (True Atlantean Mind Melter) WIP

Postby Amber Dach » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:44 pm

Equipment
Carried/In Hand

Worn on Person
Stylishly dressed in black leather pants, a white blouse, black leather jacket and knee-high laced leather boots.
Utility Belt
Sunglasses
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet (on left hand)

Utility Belt
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.
• Attachment: TX-24 Ion Pulse Pistol (right hip)
• Attachment: Gas mask
• Attachment: FSE-clip
• Attachment: FSE-clip

Backpack
The backpack is padded, sealable, and lightly armored. Internal space can be utilized to carry a variety of items. Internal capacity is 30" long, 18" wide, and 6" deep. Items larger than a grenade will require more than one space.
• Space: Travelling clothes
• Space: Knife
• Space: Canteen
• Space: Sleeping Bag
• Space: Food rations for a week
• Space: Personal items (makeup kit, toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush, etc..)
• Space:
• Space:
• Space:
• Space:

Stored in Room
Garment bag with an extensive wardrobe of expensive and fashionable clothing.

Non-Secure Black Card: 5000 credits
Secure Universal Card: 150 credits

Gear Stats

NG-A12 Anti-Ballistic Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 40
  • Arms: 35 each
  • Legs: 45 each
  • Main Body: 80
Weight: 25 lbs.
Modifiers: -10% to Climb and -15% to other physical skills
Features:
  • Impact Absorbing Systems: Armor takes half damage from all kinetic attacks. Roll with impact reduces damage by half again. Wearer suffers only 20% damage from falls and crashes.
  • Non-environmental
Book Reference: p.89, Merc Ops

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet
  • Range: 30 feet (9.1 m) for the force blast or touch with shield. Duration: One melee round whether all the shots are fired or not.
  • Damage: 1D6+1 S.D.C. per single blast plus stops projectiles and knocks down people and knocks over animals weighing under 400 lb. Those knocked down take 1D6 S.D.C. damage, lose initiative and one melee attack. Animals, even predators, are startled by getting hit hard by an invisible force and are likely (01-66%) to run away and hang back for 1D6 melee rounds. Victims of the blast of force feel like their whole body just ran into a wall or they were tackled by a 300 lb linebacker.
    Blasting bullets, shotgun blasts, arrows and thrown objects requires a roll to strike that beats the strike roll of the attacker. This is hard to do, which means the shooter suffers a penalty of -2 to strike and stop the incoming projectile attack. Success means it was stopped and deflected it in mid-air.
    Firing at a vehicle causes the driver to make a piloting skill roll at -10%. A failed roll means the vehicle swerves and slows down 1d4x10%, but probably does not crash. Against mini-missiles, there is a 01-60% chance the mini-missile is knocked 2d6 feet off course. Against large missiles, there is only a 01-10% chance it is knocked off course.
  • Rate of Fire: Each deflector blast counts as one attack. Using the Deflector Shield to parry does not use up an attack.
  • Payload: 220 P.P.E. or 15 melee rounds of combat before needing recharging.
  • Weight: 1 lb.
  • Features: WP Pistol, WP Shield
  • Modifiers: +2 to parry with the shield.
  • Book Reference: p.141, DB15

TX-24 Ion Pulse Pistol
  • Range: 550'
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D. or 4D6 M.D. per burst
  • Rate of Fire: single shots or 3-shot bursts only
  • Payload: 30 shots per FSE-clip or 10 per E-clip
  • Weight: 4 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.144, WB5
Last edited by Amber Dach on Sat May 02, 2020 5:22 am, edited 8 times in total.
Amber Dach

Re: Amber Dach (True Atlantean Mind Melter) WIP

Postby Amber Dach » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:00 pm

Background Story
Amber let her Psi-sword blink into nothingness as she sat heavily on a boulder, removed her helmet and wiped the sweat from her face. The battle was over. The stench of rotting flesh and smoke filled the air. Another group of Harvesters was destroyed. “Why did it have to come to this again?,” she thought.
A figure came out of the mists and smoke swirling around her. She recognized his shape and presence even though she couldn’t make his face. It was her commander, Sir William. “You fought well today, Amber,” he said with praise in his voice. “A pity they would not listen to us and turn from their path of Evil.” His voice changed to concern as he approached and felt her doubt radiating from her mind. “But are you alright?”
She sighed deeply before she answered, “I’m fine... I guess. We won the day, but at what price?” She paused before continuing, “I mean, we liberated a few more souls, and destroyed another group of these misguided fools, but they keep popping up as fast as we find them.” Amber continued, “To make it even worse, we lost Travis, James, Claire and how many more? When will this horror end?”
“Patience child, keep the faith. We are doing the work of the Light.” He rested a hand on her shoulder, “I know it is terrible work we do fighting against these deluded souls that follow Nxla and attempt to bring him to our world, but it is a fight we must continue until they are cleansed from Earth.”
Amber’s voice got low, “I know that, but I don’t know if I can continue down this road. I want live up to my family’s legacy but this may be beyond what I am capable of…” Her voice trailed off.
“I can not decide this for you, but you are a capable warrior worthy of your family’s lineage. You would not be here with me if you were not a gifted warrior.” He paused a few second and pondered, “Maybe you should consult your Dreams and see if this is where your path truly lies or if your path lies elsewhere.” He held out his hand to help her up. “Come. It is time to return home.”

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Amber relaxed on her bed in her sparsely furnished apartment in the outskirts of Psyscape. She focused her mind and began to meditate in order to find her way into the Dream. Soon she drifted into the Dreamvision and found her friend, Cass waiting in the Dream
Cass's presence filled her mind as she was greeted warmly as always, "Amber my friend, it is so good to speak again. It has been too long!"
"Hello, my friend. It is so good to hear your voice again, Cass," she said. "I hope I'm not bothering you, but I have need of your guidance and wisdom, once more."
Cass replied, "Of course, Amber. What is troubling you?"
Amber paused to order her thoughts before speaking. "It's… me. I feel lost, I feel like I am going from one battle to another. Losing friends and companions to this never-ending battle against Nxla and I'm not really making a difference in the grand scheme of things. Not like my parents anyway."
Amber's thoughts become more rushed and frantic as she voices her doubts to Cass. "You know they are true Champions of the Light, right? They have done so many great things! They have freed slaves, destroyed great beasts and helped so many beings. I don't know, maybe it's because I cannot see anything truly tangible in this fight other than death that I feel so… in doubt... that what I am doing is the right and where I need to be."
Cass let's her calming presence seep through their physic connection. "These doubts of yours are nothing new, Amber. It is always difficult to live in the shadow of greatness like you do. But, tell me, why are you fighting?"
"Well, Nyla's evil. Stealing souls and destroying every world he gets a foothold on. That's why." Amber replied almost by rote.
"That's not the real reason you are fighting here and now though, is it? It is because you feel you must to be worthy of your family's reputation for good isn't it? You also didn't choose this fight, your family did when they brought you here for training when your abilities manifested. You feel like the evil in front of you is the one you must fight, but there are many evils in the world that you fight instead. Maybe choosing another one would set you on your own path instead of one that you subconsciously feel you had no choice but to join."
Amber is quiet for a long minute and she thinks about what Cass has told her. "Maybe you are right. I feel like this endless battle was pushed upon me when I came here as a child. I would like to see more of the world than the Ohio Valley and the horrors it holds. Where should I go though? I have travelled around the Multiverse some but this is my home. Where should I go?"
A flicker of an image of a map, then a vision of a small city filled her mind. "The best place to go to find yourself will be MercTown. There are opportunities aplenty there. But, be careful if you go. There are every manner of D-Bee and being imaginable there and dangers abound. Be true to yourself! Keep faith in yourself like others have in you. You are a capable and brave being that can, and will, make a difference in this world. Go now friend and know that I am here for you anytime you need me." A great feeling of trust flows through the connection of their minds.
"Thank you my friend! You know my own heart better than I do. Know that if you ever need my assistance, I am here for you too! Goodbye, Cass."

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Amber awoke from her Dreamvision, invigorated for the first time in months. Certainty and purpose filled her with an energy she had not had in months. MercTown. “Is that where I find my destiny? Who knows? Well, so many things to do to prepare. Goodbyes to say. Gear to buy. Now where is that map?”

Mind Melter Experience Table
Level 1 – 0,000 - 2,240
Level 2 – 2,241 - 4,480
Level 3 – 4,481 - 8,960
Level 4 – 8,961 - 1 7,420
Level 5 – 17,421 - 25,920
Level 6 – 25,921 - 3 5,920
Level 7 – 35,921 - 50,920
Level 8 – 50,921 - 70,920
Level 9 – 70,921 - 95,920
Level 10 – 95,921 - 135,920
Level 11 – 135,921 - 185,920
Level 12 – 1 85,921 - 225,920
Level 13 – 225,921 - 275,920
Level 14 – 275,921 - 335,920
Level 15 – 335,921 - 395,920
Amber Dach

Return to G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown (1 Opening)