GIRLS in Merctown

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:10 pm

Location: New Pudacah; 'Merctown'
Time: 10:05am (5 minutes have passed)
Weather:About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds


Outside, Cordelia returns to sketching and singing as she hears Lucille yell from around the corner back towards Jezebel. "You're welcome, boss!" shortly after the lights of the store flicker to life. Cordelia then sees Lucille and Megan walk from around the side of the building and head back inside. She then hears Jezebel begin to speak but can't really hear what she is saying, and jumps out of the Mountaineer and heads inside.

Jezebel then corrals the GIRLS inside and lays everything out as plain as possible. Susan does recognize the name of the largest, most common and most powerful atlantean clan and adds her own input. When Lucille arrives, she leans down to the body and checks it with Susan and can't be sure but doesn't think it has any magical inclinations at all. Megan also takes a gander at the silver streaks in the blood, trying to identify mercury and is positive it is not mercury, and she is fairly confident it isn't explosive in nature.

Susan, noticing a look of possible disdain on Zo'war's face as she offers her condolences and suggests moving on, Zo'war speaks. "How would you know." He mutters sharply before adding "Don't apologize, you think you can catch whatever did this, do it. That's how you apologize." Moving away, Susan and Lucille confer about the silver streak, and Susan has a couple interesting thoughts but resigns to needing to thoroughly examine it to make any conclusive statements. Then the sound of the Defenders Siren is heard approaching.

They can all hear the Defenders sirens loud and clear as the vehicles park. Zo'war seems to crack his neck as he mutters, "Great, now to talk to the cops." He sighs and heads out from the back room and into the main lobby. The crew figures they have a minute or so before the Defenders come in.

[Amber]
Amber had been roving the streets of Merctown since early morning, having arrived within just a couple days, there was still much to see in way of where her destiny may be. She'd been offered a tentative position with the Defenders due to her being a Mind Melter assuming she stayed in Merctown permanently. Still unsure, the Bagh-Dach clanswoman found herself roaming the Warrens when she heard the sirens of the Defenders erupt around 10:00 am and were headed just south of her position, to the Arms Bazaar.

Resigning to that being the most interesting thing happening at the moment, and being close anyways, she decided to head that way. Be it by fate, fortune or unfortunate luck, she found herself outside a place down as the Devilman's Exotic Arms. The Devilman, a race of demonic like humans she has crossed paths with once or twice since arriving, seemed polite in most situations. This storefront, however, was nearly surrounded by Defenders and a rather odd vehicle as well.

She recognizes one of the Defenders keeping the population back as Corporal Vale, one she had met when she first entered the town and who was with the Defender Mind Melter who originally tried recruiting her. She doesn't see the the Defender Mind Melter, however she does see what looks like a squad about to enter.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Amber Dach » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:15 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89 / 36%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 20%

Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 55% / 55%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 48% / 70%

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Range - Ley Lines up to 5 miles, nexus points - 10 miles, sense an open/active Rift - 20 miles


Amber looks out over the crowd and scopes out the scene in front of her. As she scans the crowd and the MercTown Defenders arrayed near Devilman's Exotic Arms, she recognizes one of the Defenders. Hmm, that looks like Corporal Vale from the gates the other day. It wouldn't hurt to go talk to him. Who knows? He might know what's going on. Maybe I can offer some help if they need it. After all, I may end up with them if I can't find some more suitable work. She smiles to herself. And it never hurts to make a good impression either.

She starts to carefully make her way through the crowd of Looky-Lou's, offering apologies if she bumps into beings as she wades through the crowd. She approaches the soldier and stops once she is at the front of the crowd and flashes her friendliest smile to the Corporal. "Good morning, Corporal Vale. I’m not sure if you remember me, but we met a couple days ago at the City Gates. Your colleague was trying to recruit me to join your ranks. What is going on? Can I do anything to assist? I do have some minor healing abilities if anyone is requiring medical attention." A feeling of genuine helpfulness radiates from her as she waits for his reply.
Last edited by Amber Dach on Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Dach

Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 72/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:43 am

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 85
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 62
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance
Underguard wrote:Jezebel then corrals the GIRLS inside and lays everything out as plain as possible. Susan does recognize the name of the largest, most common and most powerful atlantean clan and adds her own input. When Lucille arrives, she leans down to the body and checks it with Susan and can't be sure but doesn't think it has any magical inclinations at all. Megan also takes a gander at the silver streaks in the blood, trying to identify mercury and is positive it is not mercury, and she is fairly confident it isn't explosive in nature.

Susan, noticing a look of possible disdain on Zo'war's face as she offers her condolences and suggests moving on, Zo'war speaks. "How would you know." He mutters sharply before adding "Don't apologize, you think you can catch whatever did this, do it. That's how you apologize." Moving away, Susan and Lucille confer about the silver streak, and Susan has a couple interesting thoughts but resigns to needing to thoroughly examine it to make any conclusive statements. Then the sound of the Defenders Siren is heard approaching.

They can all hear the Defenders sirens loud and clear as the vehicles park. Zo'war seems to crack his neck as he mutters, "Great, now to talk to the cops." He sighs and heads out from the back room and into the main lobby. The crew figures they have a minute or so before the Defenders come in.

Jez offers a silent prayer for her teammates. Vinayaka, help them learn quickly. "Susan's right. We should be off and discuss these things privately. Sounds like the Defenders have arrived. Once we've briefed them on what we've learned, we'll bug out and and break up to do what needs be done. Don't offer them any of your theories or thoughts on this matter; just give them the facts." Jez will concisely share what she knows with the Defenders, but will not offer any suggestions or theories of her own. Once outside, she tells the GIRLS, "Lucy, Val, check out the Crimson Dragon and see how it fits into all this regarding Dorian. Cordelia, you and I are headed to Flirts to see how that place is connected to Dorian and the killings. Susan, you've got a specimen; delve into its mysteries and find out what you can about Dorian. Megan, think you can handle Sergeant Harrison? Cross-reference what we know versus what she knows and looks for connections. Maintain radio contact and keep everyone up to date on new developments and information learned. This is a dynamic situation, so communication and coordination of our efforts is key. Happy hunting!" With that, Jez hops on her Hornet and drives to Flirts.

Jezebel wrote:Tasks
  1. Dig up info on Dorian Aerihman & find out his connection to this "revolutionary development"
  2. Flirts: any connection to Dorian or the recent killings?
  3. Crimson Dragon: any connection to Dorian or the recent killings?
  4. Silver fluid: what is it? how is it related to the manner of death and the killings?
    • Then confer with Sgt. Harrison about what's been learned and any associations with the killings (find any connections)
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Lucille Davis » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:35 am

Perception: 1d100 = 69 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 31

Lucy doesn't need to be told twice. "You got it, boss. Just the facts. Let's see," she begins to tick these off on her fingers: "Had a psychic vision of a murder, boss lady jetted at my description of 'devilman' and 'horns on head', alerted Defenders, followed boss lady here... and fixed the lights!" This last element produces a hugh smile on Lucy's face.

Unless Lucy is corrected, this is what she enthusiastically tells the Defenders.

Jezebel wrote:Once outside, she tells the GIRLS, "Lucy, Val, check out the Crimson Dragon and see how it fits into all this regarding Dorian. [...] Happy hunting!" With that, Jez hops on her Hornet and drives to Flirts.


"You got it, boss. So Ms Val - it is Val, right? And Ms? Anyways, can drive us over to Crimson Dragon if you want to hop on in." Lucy says to the toweringly tall blond bombshell as she thumbs at her Mountaineer.
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 90/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Megan Price » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:05 am

Perception: 1d100 = 97/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 10/1d20 = 17
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other:

"Can I get the radio frequency to contact Brooks and Harkin. I'd like to get more details from them for cross referencing purposes." Megan says to Jez then turns to the Devilman proprietor to say "I have a couple of quick questions before I go, if you don't mind regarding... your apprentice." Megan clearly hesitates wanting to refer to the dead person by name but settling for his relation to Zo'war instead of saying victim before continuing. "I'm guessing that he had magical abilities, but did he have any psychic abilities or any unusual abilities or abnormalities. Could you provide me with the location of his residence?And has he been to any of the following locations? The Palace Hotel & Casino, Ambassador Suites, Celestial Dragon, Spokes Hotel, Flirts, Mystic Medicine Clinic, Crimson Dragon, The Sphinx & Unicorn Tavern, Cyber Street Tenement, Nightcrawlers, or Hangman's Hotel & Tavern?" (Lore: D-Bee to try and recall if Devilmen are known for magical or psychic abilities 1d100 = 63/52%)

When it's her turn to speak with the Defenders, she reiterates about Lucille telling the group about her vision at which point Jez dashed off and everybody arriving at the scene several moments after she did, then guiding Lucille through the dark to the outside and showing her where the power was cut.
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 84
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 31

Susan stands quietly and lets Jez do all the talking with the Defenders, she's not even able to bring herself to ask about the forensic necromancer again, because her head hurts so much still.

If the Defenders interview her, she states what happened, "We arrived to find the door open, the lights off and Jezebel inside, clearing the space. Mr. Zo'Wor was with the body. It appeared to have been dead for hours. There is a silver liquid, which I examined in situ." She doe not mention taking samples of the silver liquid.

Once outside, listening to Jez's plan, Susan says, "I am happy to examine the liquid in a more scientific space, but that will likely take hours and I do not have local contacts or detective skills to track someone down. I'll give it a shot, but it's not a core competency."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Cordelia » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 100
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 37

Cordelia leaves the relative comfort and safety of the vehicle and goes inside the crime scene when beckoned. SHe brings he sketch pad and her camera. She is relieved to see the inside of the store seemed okay.
"You need something boss." She approaches Jezebel as she enters the scene. She is oddly calm at the sight of the state of affairs. She gets to documenting by taking pictures.
She hands her sketches to Jezebel.
"While I was sketching this one" she holds up the first drawing, "I saw someone in the alley across the way like this" she holds up the second drawing. "But he bolted quick"
Cordelia then notices the Defenders arriving. She quickly puts her camera away. She gets tight lipped and huddles up with the other GIRLS.
Cordelia/Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 18
S.D.C.: 32

Image
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Fri May 01, 2020 4:53 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 25
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 17
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance

Megan Price wrote:"Can I get the radio frequency to contact Brooks and Harkin. I'd like to get more details from them for cross referencing purposes." Megan says to Jez...

Initiative is good. Don't frak this up though, tin-can. Assuming Jez has this, she transfers the frequency to Megan to program into her own radio. She then tells everyone present, "I have my phone on me, but no radio. If you're rubbing elbows, remember to blend in. People in town don't just walk around in combat gear with field radios."
Susan Lee wrote:Once outside, listening to Jez's plan, Susan says, "I am happy to examine the liquid in a more scientific space, but that will likely take hours and I do not have local contacts or detective skills to track someone down. I'll give it a shot, but it's not a core competency."

Before she leaves, Jez nods at this. "Coordinate with the authorities and see if you can use their facilities. Failing that, buy what you need and have it sent to the hangar. We'll pay for it out of the group funds."
Cordelia wrote:"You need something boss." She approaches Jezebel as she enters the scene. She hands her sketches to Jezebel. "While I was sketching this one" she holds up the first drawing, "I saw someone in the alley across the way like this" she holds up the second drawing. "But he bolted quick"

Jez checks out the drawings, confident she won't know what the hell she's looking at, then speaks to the others. "Check out Cord's drawings. See what you know, girls." Jez then turns to Cordelia and loses her cool...a little."Yeah, I need your frakking head in the game, listening and working with your teammates, or you can take your big frakking truck and get the frak out of my hangar! Clear?" Jez departs for Flirts.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Megan Price » Fri May 01, 2020 6:11 pm

(Rolls Held)

Jezebel wrote:
Megan Price wrote:"Can I get the radio frequency to contact Brooks and Harkin. I'd like to get more details from them for cross referencing purposes." Megan says to Jez...

Initiative is good. Don't frak this up though, tin-can. Assuming Jez has this, she transfers the frequency to Megan to program into her own radio. She then tells everyone present, "I have my phone on me, but no radio. If you're rubbing elbows, remember to blend in. People in town don't just walk around in combat gear with field radios."


OOC Comments
Lloyd, they did give you their frequency when we met them at One Eyed Jacks.


"Thank you." Megan says simply to Jez. She tunes the radio built into her Universal Head Jack to the given frequency, then after the Defenders speak to her and indicate they don't need to talk to her anymore, walks over to the Lucille's truck and radios them. "Brooks and Harkin, this is Jammer from G.I.R.L.S. You met my boss and I and a couple of others last night at One Eyed Jacks. You guys said you had some files for us that I wanted to look through. Over."
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Fri May 01, 2020 8:37 pm

Location: New Pudacah; 'Merctown'
Time: 10:20am (15 minutes have passed)
Weather:About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds


[Amber]
Amber notices that a crowd is starting to form outside the building, prompting several Defenders to act as crowd control as she approaches Corporal Vale; the True Atlantean standing several inches taller than the Corporal. Her smile and friendly demeanour is not lost on the Defender as she speaks to him. "Good morning, Corporal Vale. I’m not sure if you remember me, but we met a couple days ago at the City Gates. Your colleague was trying to recruit me to join your ranks. What is going on? Can I do anything to assist? I do have some minor healing abilities if anyone is requiring medical attention."

The Defender glances to her and a visible smile of recognition is visible beneath his half-visored helmet that covers his eyes. "Ah, right! Your name is, uh, Ashley? No, wait, Amber. Amber Dach, I remember, yes. Lieutenant Phrenic was upset you turned down the offer." He starts before motioning over another armored defender, this one stood a bit taller than Amber. "Keep them back." Vale says and Amber only sees a brisk nod from the larger defender as Vale waves her past their line and near the Defender Vehicles.

"Right now, we're spread a bit thin and this Response Force was dispatched without a Psionic to control the scene. I can't technically authorize you, however my Sergeant can. She's been heading up what's going on." Vale says as he walks her towards a pair of Defenders overseeing the squad about to enter the building. One is notably large, and one is notably small, even smaller than Vale is standing no more than 5'6". When the shorter one turns to acknowledge Vale, she does not speak as though she is small, however.

"Vale, what do you have?" A feminine voice says beneath the helmet towards the Corporal.

"This is the Civi Melter Lieutenant Phenric had his eye on the other day. She's offered her assistance. Her name is Amber Dach." Vale responds and the helmet of the Sergeant turns ever so slightly towards Amber.

"Fine. Return to the line." She orders and Vale nods, leaving Amber with the sergeant. "Amber, I'm Sergeant Harrison. You can come in with me after my team clears it. Hang tight." The sergeant finishes then turns back as her team enters. Within a minute of them entering, Harrison turns to Amber and motions her to follow them inside.

[Inside]
Inside, Jez doles out a few quick commands and Megan takes a moment to try to get some more information out of Zo'war in the back after getting the frequency from Jez. Zo'war nods briefly, "I was training him to be my second, he was a skilled techno-wizard and had a fair amount of psychic ability as well; all in all, he was a prodigy. I can't really say much about his personal life, though. You can find more at his address in the Warrens I'm sure." Zo'war suggests before being cut off by a pair of Defenders that enter in the back room. Megan and Zo'war are ushered out.

Jez makes towards the doors as she watches the Defenders enter. Taken back to her time in a military unit, she watches as the team of five Defenders clears the room with a noted amount of coordination. A pair of them head to the back room where Megan is as the others seemingly stand down once the area is cleared. Jez, Susan, Lucille, Cordelia and Valrun all see a small Defender being followed by a much larger Defender and what looks like a civilian. A few seconds later, Jez hears Megan and Zo'war ushered out of the back room as the sergeant, who everyone except Valrun and Cordelia recognize as Sergeant Harrison from the Sphinx, approaches Jez before Jez can wisk her troop away.

Luckily, Harrison seemed to know they weren't at fault. After a quick round of questioning where everyone lays out what they know, Harrison nods to Amber, speaking to Jez. "This here is a civi that offered to help us, and I can't rightly deputize her but if you lot think can make some more headway, I encourage you to use her. I won't stop you from investigating this on your own accord, as you seem relatively vested in it for some reason and I know you can cut corners we can't. So, I'll make you a deal." She adds, "I'll forward you what I find, you forward me what you find. It'll be like we're helping each other out. This way, my superiors stay happy and quiet, and you have freedom of movement. Sound fair? Excellent. Mr. Zo'war, would you be so kind as to come with us back to the main station, we need to take down your full account." Harrison states, rather forcibly. Jezebel can guess that this Defender is no stranger to cutting corners when needed, and might make a swift ally.

Everyone is escorted outside, and a medic team removes the body as the doors are locked and Zo'war goes with the Defenders, leaving the GIRLS and Amber outside to attend to what they needed. There is a couple groups of civilian onlookers, but no one of immediate note on anyone's glance.

Megan queues her radio to see if she can get in touch with Brooks and Harkin, and her radio call is met with static for a few minutes before she hears Brooks. "Jammer? Okay, good to hear from you. Do you want me to meet you at your base, or you can come to mine." He asks, and will disclose an address in the Warrens if Megan accepts.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Mon May 04, 2020 3:02 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 57
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 54
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance
Underguard wrote:Sergeant Harrison approaches Jez before Jez can whisk her troop away. After a quick round of questioning where everyone lays out what they know, Harrison nods to Amber, speaking to Jez. "This here is a civi that offered to help us, and I can't rightly deputize her but if you lot think can make some more headway, I encourage you to use her. I won't stop you from investigating this on your own accord, as you seem relatively vested in it for some reason and I know you can cut corners we can't. So, I'll make you a deal." She adds, "I'll forward you what I find, you forward me what you find. It'll be like we're helping each other out. This way, my superiors stay happy and quiet, and you have freedom of movement. Sound fair? Excellent. Mr. Zo'war, would you be so kind as to come with us back to the main station, we need to take down your full account." Harrison states, rather forcibly. Jezebel can guess that this Defender is no stranger to cutting corners when needed, and might make a swift ally.

Jez is growling with frustration internally, but keeps her demeanor respectful and professional. "Deal, Harrison. Now, we're going to piss-off so we can get the job done. I'm available on my phone if you get any new info." Well, Harrison thinks she might be useful, so she can't be as useless as Cordelia seems to be. She sighs audibly. Guess I gotta cool my jets for another couple minutes. "You got a name, civi? We don't stand on rank and title in my unit. Also, you good finding out information from people? With your good looks, I think you are. C'mon, you can hang onto the back of my Hornet while I drive us to Flirts. I'll give you a run-down of the sitch on the way." Jez will stride towards her NG Hornet resting nearby, hop on the single seat, wave Amber to grab on however she can, and make good on her promise to break down the situation on the drive over to Flirts.

Jezebel wrote:Tasks
  1. Dig up info on Dorian Aerihman & find out his connection to this "revolutionary development" (Megan & Cordelia)
  2. Flirts: any connection to Dorian or the recent killings? (Amber & Jez)
  3. Crimson Dragon: any connection to Dorian or the recent killings? (Lucy & Val)
  4. Silver fluid: what is it? how is it related to the manner of death and the killings? (Susan)
    • Then confer with Sgt. Harrison about what's been learned and any associations with the killings (find any connections)
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Amber Dach » Mon May 04, 2020 5:41 pm

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 75%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 97%
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100 = 52%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% = 1d100 = 42%

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.


Underguard wrote:"This is the Civi Melter Lieutenant Phenric had his eye on the other day. She's offered her assistance. Her name is Amber Dach." Vale responds and the helmet of the Sergeant turns ever so slightly towards Amber.

"Fine. Return to the line." She orders and Vale nods, leaving Amber with the sergeant. "Amber, I'm Sergeant Harrison. You can come in with me after my team clears it. Hang tight." The sergeant finishes then turns back as her team enters. Within a minute of them entering, Harrison turns to Amber and motions her to follow them inside.

Amber thanks Corporal Vale with a smile and nod of her head as he takes her over to Sergeant Harrison. She quickly recognises that the Sergeant is someone that is someone she wants to stay on the good side of and may be a good ally to have in the city. She stays out of the way of the Defenders as they do their jobs clearing the scene inside Devilman’s. She quickly takes in the scene and focus’s in on the body and any details she can notice from a respectful distance and commits everything to memory in case it becomes pertinent down the road.

Amber follows Sergeant Harrison’s introduction to Jez and shrugs and says, “That is fine with me. You seem to be a good judge of character and a straight shooter, Sergeant. If you trust these people. I am happy to work with them and help bring the murderer to justice.”

Jez wrote:"You got a name, civi? We don't stand on rank and title in my unit. Also, you good finding out information from people? With your good looks, I think you are. C'mon, you can hang onto the back of my Hornet while I drive us to Flirts. I'll give you a run-down of the sitch on the way."


Amber nods in greeting “I’m Amber Dach. And you are? And who are you all? I do have some ability at finding out information from people and not just with my, as you say, good looks. I would appreciate a rundown of what is going on and as the Sergeant said, your vested interest in this situation. We can figure out the rest of the details later.” Amber will go along with Jez to her Hornet and mount up and listen to the sit rep on the way to Flirts.
Amber Dach

Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 72/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Megan Price » Mon May 04, 2020 6:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 50/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 80/1d20 = 12
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other:

Underguard wrote:Megan queues her radio to see if she can get in touch with Brooks and Harkin, and her radio call is met with static for a few minutes before she hears Brooks. "Jammer? Okay, good to hear from you. Do you want me to meet you at your base, or you can come to mine." He asks, and will disclose an address in the Warrens if Megan accepts.


"Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of MercTown Cafe, if that's alright with you. Haven't had a chance to grab a bite to eat yet this morning." Megan says, lying about not eating, but it's getting close to lunch time anyway. I'm choosing MercTown Cafe because it is neutral territory and is less likely to expose the G.I.R.L.S. HQ to unwanted attention. Granted there is a chance the killer may now know that we are on the case, and can easily find out our HQ location, but that can't be helped now. Now I just have to do whatever I can to avoid letting the killer know how much we know.

After the radio transmission ends, Megan turns to Cordelia and says "I'm meeting with our employers to get some files on the other victims at the MercTown Cafe (assuming they agreed to this, if not, then where ever they chose). You want to come along?" She then makes her way to the MercTown Cafe. When she gets there, she places an order for a cheap burger and some water while she waits for either Harkin or Brooks or both to arrive. When they give her the files, she asks "These aren't the only copies, I hope? In either case, I plan to make copies for myself."
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Wed May 06, 2020 1:53 pm

(rolls carried over)
Amber Dach wrote:“I’m Amber Dach. And you are? And who are you all? I do have some ability at finding out information from people and not just with my, as you say, good looks. I would appreciate a rundown of what is going on and as the Sergeant said, your vested interest in this situation. We can figure out the rest of the details later.” Amber will go along with Jez to her Hornet and mount up and listen to the sit rep on the way to Flirts.

On the way to Flirts Jez details what's known so far (read the thread previous to now), then summarizes with, "So there's an assassin on the loose in Merctown. The Defenders are in over their heads, as well might we be. The assassin most recently struck an innovative assistant of that shop-keep's, and we're trying to find out what the connection is, if any. Just so you know who you're dealing with, Susan's a doctor with a scientific mind. Cordelia's a shapeshifting artistic type who's been pretty useless and is not long for further employment if she doesn't prove useful, Val's supposedly a magic slinger we just recently hired on, Lucy's also got the magic bug but also seems adept with mechanical stuff, Megan's a soldier--also a recent hire, and me...I'm a military trained killer, of sorts. Hope that's helpful." Man, I hope that's enough to get her grounded. I really hate shouting over the wind.

Jezebel wrote:Tasks
  1. Dig up info on Dorian Aerihman & find out his connection to this "revolutionary development" (Megan & Cordelia)
  2. Flirts: any connection to Dorian or the recent killings? (Amber & Jez)
  3. Crimson Dragon: any connection to Dorian or the recent killings? (Lucy & Val)
  4. Silver fluid: what is it? how is it related to the manner of death and the killings? (Susan)
    • Then confer with Sgt. Harrison about what's been learned and any associations with the killings (find any connections)
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Cordelia » Wed May 06, 2020 5:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 85
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 66

Cordelia stands quietly as Jezebel and the defenders Sargent talk. She then takes her orders and moves out.
Cafe sounds good enough.
She follows Megan to the cafe. She is not hungry but orders some coffee. Lots of cream and sugar.
She pulls out her sketch book and draws the figure she saw in the alley again. This time from an imagined different point of view. Art 70% 1d100 = 38 And she waits on the clients to arrive. When they arrive, she puts on a professional face and does her best customer service voice. Performance 70% 1d100 = 82 Public Speaking 100% 1d100 = 98. Cordelia does her best to keep them assured that GIRLS of Merctown are on the case.
She then skims the information and looks for clues and anything helpful. Intelligence 52% 1d100 = 95
Cordelia/Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 18
S.D.C.: 32

Image
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Lucille Davis » Thu May 07, 2020 12:47 am

Perception: 1d100 = 1 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 54

Lucy jumps in the driver's seat and begins to maneuver around any Defender vehicles back to the street. The Defenders seemed happy enough, just got to step it up at the Crimson Dragon for Jez - she seems nice, but bossy. I guess that's what makes her the boss?

Along the way, she tries to strike up some chat from her partner. "So Ms Val, you a goddess or something? That's pretty interesting." Hrm... got one of 'em quiet goddesses I guess. "And you ever done work like this? Me? Oh, no no... At least I don't remember doing so. Interesting work, yup, interesting. Not quite a repo on a Battle Skimmer Pulse Cannon or anything, but, hey! New horizons and all that."

Once they arrive at the Crimson Dragon, Lucy reviews the mission in her head: Ok, so, Sokr'aa Uestud and Dorian, in the Crimson Dragon... with the candlestick... Says found something big. Let's see what we can find out. She heads in, hoping Val will follow. Ok, tits up, back straight. You can do this, girl.
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 90/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Thu May 07, 2020 9:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 86
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 49

Susan considers the implications of their now working 'with' the Defenders. Are we technically deputized? Should they also be paying us? At least they don't think we're the killers like in a bad trid show.

When everyone else leaves Devil Man's Devil Arms, she walks a few blocks and summons a cab back to GIRLS headquarters. Once there, she pours herself more coffee and sits quietly, eyes closed, until the headache finally abates.

Then she goes to the lab and does a second, more thorough examination of the silver liquid.

Chemistry (to analyze the specimen): 1d100 = 88 / 68%
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Amber Dach » Thu May 07, 2020 5:47 pm

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 70%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 13%
Streetwise 43% = 1d100 = 89%
Intelligence 45% = 1d100 = 9%


Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.


Jezebel wrote: On the way to Flirts Jez details what's known so far (read the thread previous to now), then summarizes with, "So there's an assassin on the loose in Merctown. The Defenders are in over their heads, as well might we be. The assassin most recently struck an innovative assistant of that shop-keep's, and we're trying to find out what the connection is, if any. Just so you know who you're dealing with, Susan's a doctor with a scientific mind. Cordelia's a shapeshifting artistic type who's been pretty useless and is not long for further employment if she doesn't prove useful, Val's supposedly a magic slinger we just recently hired on, Lucy's also got the magic bug but also seems adept with mechanical stuff, Megan's a soldier--also a recent hire, and me...I'm a military trained killer, of sorts. Hope that's helpful." Man, I hope that's enough to get her grounded. I really hate shouting over the wind.


Amber’s eyes open wide as she hears the story related to her on their way to Flirts. I really wasn’t expecting a possible serial killer or assassin behind this. She keeps her voice level as she replies “Okay, I really wasn’t expecting this, but let’s get on with it.

Amber tries to process all of the information as quickly as possible and tries to figure out how best to go about their information gathering at Flirts. “So, how do you want to handle things at Flirts? I don’t mind you taking the lead inside as I don’t have a full grasp of all what we know and don’t know. And as Sergeant Harrison said back there, I’m a ‘Melter. I can try to hang back out of the way a bit and read the minds of the people you are talking to and see what is going on in their heads. It doesn’t work on everyone of course, but it is worth a shot. If that is the way we go, maybe we should enter separately. It’s always an advantage if someone doesn’t know all the players involved. Unless you have another strategy in mind, of course? I am new here after all.”

I probably should hide my abilities before we get there. Most people don't like being in the presence of people like me. Better no one else knows about my abilities.

Amber will Alter Aura on herself before reaching Flirts in the following ways:
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the amount of base P.P.E.; seems to be only 1 -2 points.
Alter Aura will last for 3 hours. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Amber Dach

Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 72/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Sat May 09, 2020 9:44 am

Conditions wrote:Location: New Pudacah; 'Merctown'
Time: 10:40am (20 minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Weather:About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds


[Megan and Cordelia]
Megan and Cordelia find their way to the Merctown Cafe relatively easily with no issues. Coredlia gets some coffee with her sugar and cream while Cordelia gets a burger and water. By the time her burger is ready, Megan spots Brooks enter and can quickly tell he looks a little shaken. He finds their table and sits down with an electronic data disk.

"This is what we have on everyone, we have another file on our home system, you're welcome to keep this one. Looking for something in specific?" Brooks asks, his voice somewhat shakey.

Meanwhile, since grabbing her coffee, Cordelia pulls out her sketchbook and begins trying to draw the figure she saw in the alleyway and her memory sparks as the delicious coffee passes her lips. She remembers seeing quite a few more specific details that are much less fuzzy now, and puts them to paper. The figure was wearing a cloak, but seemed to be bionic in nature with red irises and a metallic structure to their face. The rebreather she remembers seeing is akin to a face guard, and there was no hair nor other human-like features otherwise. She also notes the figure was unarmed as far as she could tell but had a slung duffle bag. When Brooks arrives, she hardly notices him sit at the table and is brought back to their discussion by Megan talking to them.

Cordelia, like Megan, notices something rather apparent about Brooks that is hard to miss, he is anxious with his leg tapping underneath the table and he seems to be shifting his gaze in different directions as if he is afraid of something.

[Amber and Jez]
Jezebel and Amber converse on their way to Flirts after Jez ensures the rest of the GIRLS understand her orders and sends them on their way. Amber, taken slightly aback by the situation she seemed to walk in, takes it in stride on their way to Flirts. The time to Flirts isn't more than a few minutes, allowing Amber to mentally ready herself by altering her aura to appear as though she has no psionic or mystical abilities.

Jez parks the Hornet just off from Flirts and cases the area. It's closed, however there is a good deal of security still present and Jez can spot their sign on the door. Open Wednesday, Friday and Saturday evenings (usually between 4pm-2am). The doors are ajar, but the security is standing there talking about an incident that happened this past week. They will be open in a few hours, but trying to garner information from the security may prove fruitful.

[Lucy and Valrun]
Lucille and Valrun head over to the Crimson Dragon, with Valrun seemingly lost in thought as Lucille tries to talk with her and she mostly talks to herself but she does remember the ethereal figure that had been following Valrun before her mystic sight ended. They arrive at the Crimson Dragon after a period of silence falls between them amid Valrun's thought process and Lucille's own internal thoughts.

When they arrive, Lucille notices quickly that it is shockingly empty at the moment, as this place is the secondary source of magic next to the Collegiate itself. Being undeterred she walks in while Valrun follows stoically and she spots a pair of fairly impressive weapons in the display case. Before she can look closer, they are almost immediately greeted by the shopkeep. A robed individual wearing a long beak-like mask is the only other individual in the room at first.

"What a curious trio. I've not had a Spirit in my shop in some time." The beak-like face rotates slightly and seems to be looking just past Valrun before it turns to Lucille. "Sokr'aa Uestud and Dorian. Could it be, Dorian Aerihman? Why are you here? Not to shop." The voice is calm and collected and Lucille is taken slightly aback by the quite obvious mental scouring that just happened.

[Susan]
Susan returns to the Hanger to run a few checks on the silver liquid she found in the blood of Sokr'aa Uested. She doesn't immediately find any results and waits her the results to appear. The liquid is foreign in nature, but not a form of blood or biological component. In fact, a more thorough examination reveals it to be something one might find in a cyborg, not oil or anything like that, but definitely more technological in nature than biological, possibly alien. As she continues, she knows there are other tests she can run, a more analytical one, perhaps cybernetics.

Before she has a chance to try them, she hears commotion in the main hanger and looks over the rafters to see James talking with another man at the door who looks like Harkin.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Sun May 10, 2020 4:16 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 34
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 70
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance
Language: American 87% / 1d100 = 54 (to engage with the security personnel precisely & concisely)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88% / 1d100 = 26 (to set the security at ease & facilitate interrogation)
Interrogation 95% / 1d100 = 86 (to get all available info out of the security personnel)
Intelligence 78% / 1d100 = 77 (to determine the nature of the security--private contractors? defenders? mercs?)

Amber wrote:"So, how do you want to handle things at Flirts? I don’t mind you taking the lead inside as I don’t have a full grasp of all what we know and don’t know. And as Sergeant Harrison said back there, I’m a ‘Melter. I can try to hang back out of the way a bit and read the minds of the people you are talking to and see what is going on in their heads. It doesn’t work on everyone of course, but it is worth a shot. If that is the way we go, maybe we should enter separately. It’s always an advantage if someone doesn’t know all the players involved. Unless you have another strategy in mind, of course? I am new here after all."

Jez goes totally silent at this forthright admission of being a mind-bender. Her body language is obviously stiff and uncomfortable. First some self-mutilating cybernetic monster, and now a frakking mind-bender? Atlas, give me strength.
Underguard wrote:[Amber and Jez]
Jezebel and Amber converse on their way to Flirts after Jez ensures the rest of the GIRLS understand her orders and sends them on their way. Amber, taken slightly aback by the situation she seemed to walk in, takes it in stride on their way to Flirts. The time to Flirts isn't more than a few minutes, allowing Amber to mentally ready herself by altering her aura to appear as though she has no psionic or mystical abilities.

Jez parks the Hornet just off from Flirts and cases the area. It's closed, however there is a good deal of security still present and Jez can spot their sign on the door. Open Wednesday, Friday and Saturday evenings (usually between 4pm-2am). The doors are ajar, but the security is standing there talking about an incident that happened this past week. They will be open in a few hours, but trying to garner information from the security may prove fruitful.

Upon arrival, Jez finally says something to Amber as she dismounts. She looks her square in the eyes. "Look, I've got problems with people like you, and reason to have such. You say you can read their minds from a casual distance. I believe you. You know your abilities. I know mine. Use yours as you think best. Just don't ever try to frak with my mind, or I'll put you in your grave. We have an understanding? Great. I'm gonna provoke the shit out of their minds, hopefully. You pull whatever you can out that they don't give up voluntarily. Looks like we're too early for social infiltration and engineering, so let's see what actionable information we can get out of the security staff here." Jez briskly approaches the security and looks to whatever insignia they're sporting. Maybe now's the time for some tactical transparency.

"Hey boys, don't mean to barge in on you like this, but we're private contractors working with the Defenders to find an assassin before he strikes again. Guess we've arrived hours before the place opens. Shows I'm not much for small talk, I guess. The owner or proprietor here? Why's the door ajar? Why are you here? Does the name Dorian Aehriman mean anything to you? What do you know about the recent killings?"

Jezebel wrote:Notes
  1. Dig up info on Dorian Aerihman & find out his connection to this "revolutionary development" (Megan & Cordelia)
  2. Flirts: any connection to Dorian or the recent killings? (Amber & Jez)
  3. Crimson Dragon: any connection to Dorian or the recent killings? (Lucy & Val)
  4. Silver fluid: what is it? how is it related to the manner of death and the killings? (Susan)
    • Then confer with Sgt. Harrison about what's been learned and any associations with the killings (find any connections)
  5. Sokr'aa Uestud: D'norr, dead assistant to Zo'Wor; innovator in tech/magic?
  6. Dorian Aehriman: associate of Sokr'aa, last seen at Flirts w/Sokr'aa; innovator in tech/magic?
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Sun May 10, 2020 10:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 83
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 84

Susan takes a step back from the edge of the catwalk. Good boy, James. Make yourself useful as cannon fodder. Maybe you belong with Megan instead of Cordelia.

She raises her voice and says, "Welcome co-employer! I haven't ruled out shapeshifting yet. Please let me know the codeword we exchanged at our last meeting!"

She pulls up the Defenders on her phone and, without realizing, also pulls them up on her brain, jumping through her Naruni armor (not worn).
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Amber Dach » Mon May 11, 2020 5:01 pm

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 18%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 36%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% = 1d100 = 40 (to hopefully set Jez’s mind at ease somewhat)
Charm/Impress: 50% = 1d100 = 71 (to set security at ease)
Streetwise: 43% = 1d100 = 87 (to determine the best target for telepathy)
Intelligence: 45% = 1d100 = 57 ((to determine the nature of the security)
Streetwise: 43% = 1d100 = 86 (to determine if security are gang members)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.


Jezebel wrote:Upon arrival, Jez finally says something to Amber as she dismounts. She looks her square in the eyes. "Look, I've got problems with people like you, and reason to have such. You say you can read their minds from a casual distance. I believe you. You know your abilities. I know mine. Use yours as you think best. Just don't ever try to frak with my mind, or I'll put you in your grave. We have an understanding? Great. I'm gonna provoke the shit out of their minds, hopefully. You pull whatever you can out that they don't give up voluntarily. Looks like we're too early for social infiltration and engineering, so let's see what actionable information we can get out of the security staff here." Jez briskly approaches the security and looks to whatever insignia they're sporting. Maybe now's the time for some tactical transparency.


A brief feeling of annoyance emanates from Amber as Jez threatens her. Oh great, another one of my brethren has done something to provoke fear and distrust in another being. I’ll have to gain her trust through my actions. She quickly conceals her annoyance and a feeling of genuine concern and helpfulness comes from Amber. She gestures with open arms as she replies to Jez. “I’ll be honest with you. You have nothing to fear from me. Your mind is your own and I respect your boundaries.” Her stance and nature hardens as she continues. “Know this though, I won’t be intimidated by you or anyone else, so hold your threats for those that deserve them.”

Amber’s nature changes again and radiates a positive nature again. “Now that we are done threatening each other, how about we get to work? I can only read one mind at a time. Just give me a minute to figure out who the best target is.”

Amber will look at each security guard present and will use her See Aura (ISP: 6; last for 1 minute) power on anyone that appears to be in charge or of a higher rank than the others. She will want to determine if they have any psychic or magical abilities, the general power level of the individual, and if there is the presence of an unusual human aberration and/or indicates a serious illness, insanity, or that the individual is not-human, could be mutant or supernatural.

Once she is ready and has determined her target she will indicate that they can proceed. As they approach the guards, Amber will offer a smile and radiate a sympathetic vibe to the guards to assist in earning their trust as Jez takes the lead.

As Jez begins questioning the security guards she will activate her Telepathy (ISP 4, lasts for 12 minutes) and read the mind of whomever she determines to be the best target. (Please note: Amber will avoid using Telepathy on anyone that indicates psychic powers or a possessed being to make sure she isn’t detected.) (She will also move her Telepathy to new targets and will take a risk if a target like the owner presents themselves.)

Jezebel wrote:"Hey boys, don't mean to barge in on you like this, but we're private contractors working with the Defenders to find an assassin before he strikes again. Guess we've arrived hours before the place opens. Shows I'm not much for small talk, I guess. The owner or proprietor here? Why's the door ajar? Why are you here? Does the name Dorian Aehriman mean anything to you? What do you know about the recent killings?"


Amber’s ears perk up at the mention of Dorian Aehriman. Aehriman? There is a member of Clan Aehriman involved in this some how? How could that be? I have only heard good things about that Clan. Valiant warriors, vampire hunters… I better concentrate on the task at hand.
Last edited by Amber Dach on Mon May 11, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Dach

Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 72/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Megan Price » Mon May 11, 2020 6:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 54/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 59/1d20 = 20
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other:

Underguard wrote:[Megan and Cordelia]
Megan and Cordelia find their way to the Merctown Cafe relatively easily with no issues. Coredlia gets some coffee with her sugar and cream while Cordelia gets a burger and water. By the time her burger is ready, Megan spots Brooks enter and can quickly tell he looks a little shaken. He finds their table and sits down with an electronic data disk.

"This is what we have on everyone, we have another file on our home system, you're welcome to keep this one. Looking for something in specific?" Brooks asks, his voice somewhat shakey.

Meanwhile, since grabbing her coffee, Cordelia pulls out her sketchbook and begins trying to draw the figure she saw in the alleyway and her memory sparks as the delicious coffee passes her lips. She remembers seeing quite a few more specific details that are much less fuzzy now, and puts them to paper. The figure was wearing a cloak, but seemed to be bionic in nature with red irises and a metallic structure to their face. The rebreather she remembers seeing is akin to a face guard, and there was no hair nor other human-like features otherwise. She also notes the figure was unarmed as far as she could tell but had a slung duffle bag. When Brooks arrives, she hardly notices him sit at the table and is brought back to their discussion by Megan talking to them.

Cordelia, like Megan, notices something rather apparent about Brooks that is hard to miss, he is anxious with his leg tapping underneath the table and he seems to be shifting his gaze in different directions as if he is afraid of something.


"Right now, I'm just trying to compare data to look for common factors. I know you said many were associated in some way to your benefactor, but I want to see if I can rule that out as a factor. Also, weren't all of the previous victims shot? Because there was another killing last night, but different in several aspects such as this victim was stabbed instead of shot, and it happened alone late at night. The only reason we linked this victim with the others is because Lucille did some psychic probing of sorts to that bullet, and had a vision of the victim as he was being killed. Then she passed out from general exhaustion. Is everything alright, Brooks?" Megan says with a hushed tone. Looking over at Cordelia, she asks, "What are you drawing there, Rebrandt?" After Brooks has satisfactorily answered here questions, she will walk back to the hangar.

Upon her return to the hangar, she will take some graph paper and a pencil and makes a column for the names of the victims, species, gender, age, height/weight, location of death, location of residence, employer, profession, psychic abilities, magical abilities, and various other supernatural abilities. Then she starts filling in the information with the hope that it paints a clearer picture.
Last edited by Megan Price on Wed May 13, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Lucille Davis » Wed May 13, 2020 1:38 pm

[Crimson Dragon]

Perception: 1d100 = 12 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 92

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 3 / 15% (for the unlikely chance to get beakface on side, perhaps by a goddamn hair flip)

Lucy's hands go to her head. What avhe skator was that?? She refocuses her attention to the robed beak-face in the room. "Hey, you keep out of my head, you, you... YOU!" she says, realizing that she has no idea who this beaked individual is. A mask? Who wears a mask? Especially an animal mask! "You know, in my neck of the woods, a gentleman asks before peeking under the hood. But yeah, you took the words right out of my, well, somewhere a bit back and up from my mouth," she points and gestures roughly, thinking back to some of her very rudimentary anatomy knowledge around the skull region.

Gobbley
avhe skator = the hell
"So it sounds like you know this Dorian fella, and we're looking for information. The devilman, Sokr'aa Uestud who you pulled from my head, was with him around this fine establishment. Perhaps you know something? Seems the least you could do to apologize to me, in addition to introducing yourself. You know," she carries on, "that's also something a gentleman does before peeking under the hood - they introduce themselves." She flips her goddamn hair at this point. "It's Lucille by the way. Lucille Davis, in case your didn't catch that thought."

It's then that she recalls the beak-faced guy said 'spirit'. Spirit? That's not from my head... Like ghost spirit? Like the one I saw come with Val...? "Wait." Lucy turns to Val, holding a finger up to the beak mask. "Is your ghost friend still with us?" and then casts her eyes in the direction that the beak originally intended. "Ghost friend - impressive abs - little clothing - good manners, you in this room? Beak guy can see you, so you might as well reveal yourself to all of us so I can stop looking so silly!"
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 90/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Fri May 15, 2020 6:55 am

Mini-Update

Susan wrote:"Welcome co-employer! I haven't ruled out shapeshifting yet. Please let me know the codeword we exchanged at our last meeting!"


As Susan approaches Harkin and speaks to him, James turns back and looks at her as Harkin pauses. "Codeword? I don't recall exchanging one.. I'm here to look at the bullet." He responds, pausing at the thought of a Codeword. "Shapeshifting would make this more complicated. So, may I come in?"
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Fri May 15, 2020 10:47 am

ROLLS HELD

Susan nods. "Excellent memory, sir. You have passed my test with flying colors. You may examine the bullet. I will be performing another experiment, so please forgive me if I am not the excellent host you may have expected. You may work in the same room with me as long as you aren't disruptive."

Then she goes back to examining the liquid.

Cybernetic Medicine (to learn more about the silver liquid): 1d100 = 51 / 63%
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Cordelia » Fri May 15, 2020 4:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 88
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 2


Cordelia puts her coffee down when Brooks enters the cafe. She notices the look of a person who is obviously agitated. She sits idly as Megan speaks. Cordelia wonders if Megan sees it too. He looks like hes waiting on the sword of Damocles to drop on him. Its her turn to speak.
"Does this look familiar to you?" She looks him in the face as she shows him the sketch she has been working on. "Can you tell us about it, or whats after you now?" We cant help you unless you help us."

On meetings end, Cordelia will walk with Megan to the Hangar and start reading all the files they are given.
Cordelia loves graphs and charts. She jumps into organizing the information with glee.
Cordelia/Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 18
S.D.C.: 32

Image
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Sat May 16, 2020 7:04 am

Conditions wrote:Location: New Pudacah; 'Merctown'
Time: 11:00am (20 Minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Weather:About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds


[Megan and Cordelia]

Brooks listens to Megan and takes a drink to steady himself. "No, there are seemingly three methods that have been used to commit the assassinations depending on where the target was. Bullet wound, Knife wounds or a lack of physical trauma at all, possibly a form of ingestion or poison. The bullet we gave you last night was the first physical evidence ever found left at a scene." Brooks says and then shakes his head at her lowered question. "I'm-I'm not sure, we were being followed last night but nothing happened. We tried to tail our tail but they were too good. Then this morning, Harkin was just missing and he hasn't responded to any radio calls or anything."

Cordelia shows Brooks the sketch she made of the figure in the alleyway and his chair almost tips. "That's it. After we met at One-Eyed Jacks, we were sure we were being followed by that thing, but nothing came of it, then this morning, Harkins was just gone."

Deciding to return to the Hanger to look over the file given, they depart and Brooks insists he goes with them.

[Jezebel and Amber]
Jez and Amber both reach a mutual understanding before approaching the security. Jez notices that of the four security, one of them are noticeably larger than the other three and all of them appear to be human except for the large one. When she approaches rather forcefully, they all turn and look at her with somewhat a bewildered gaze, with the larger humanoid stepping forward.

Amber stays back and watches Jezebel's interaction with the security. Using her sight to see the aura of those around the door, she does notice that two of the four appear your pretty average human, one of them has definite magic and the larger one is radiating a pretty strong aura. None of them have psionics that register as powerful like herself, the big one does radiate a small amount of inner strength power but still nothing compared to her.

"Woah, woah, little one." He begins in a gruff tone, holding up a hand and obstructing her from viewing inside. "The Boss is at Defenders HQ, he wants to reopen tonight but them soldiers don't think it's a good idea. We've got some more folks inside checking inventory and cleaning the place up to make sure it's ready for the bosses word." He responds, then one of the other smaller human guards step forward.

"I know Dorian. He was here last night; he and a pal were celebrating something and bought drinks for the house. Made them both quite popular with the ladies on site; Dorian left with one." He responds.

Meanwhile, Amber then begins to selectively probe the mind mind of the second one to speak, who radiates some degree of magic; avoiding the larger one with a small manner of psionic prowess. His mind is cluttered with thoughts; who are these two girls, why are they asking about Dorian, is Dorian okay? Last thing the boss needs is a scuffle with the Aerihmans. It is pretty obvious from the probe that the security on site were not at fault and are likely just doing a job.

The big one lets the smaller human speak before continuing. "Look; private contractor or not, I can't just let you in without word from the boss. He should be back soon, and I'm sure he'd love the help." He says firmly, Jez is quite certain he is being truthful.

[Lucille and Valrun]

After Lucille's remarks, there is a pause and the beak-man nods, "Aye, good spirit, we are alone and no one else will enter this site for some time. You may show yourself to appease your little friend." He says and looks a moment and the spirit that had been silently following Valrun seems to appear in a wisp like mist, though it says nothing and just gazes stoically at the corner of the room.

Lucille notices the Spirits gaze and follows it to find a small perch that she's sure had some statue in it upon her entry now empty. A moment later, a simple human with crimson red hair also seems to just appear out of nowhere, though his face is stern and unhappy.

"Yes, yes. If I ask the Spirit to show itself, I may as well do the same. I do know Dorian, he died in my shop last night, likely gathering supplies before returning to the Collegiate. It is a rare feat for something in my home to escape my sight and whatever took the Atlantean's life was by no means unskilled and its mind was closed. Come." The man beckons and Lucille, Valrun and the Spirit follow them; almost ignoring Lucille's hair flip and introduction. The beck-man behind the counter remains curiously motionless.

In the back of the building, past a couple doors and secured displays with impressive tools, Lucille and Valrun both find a body on a table.

"This is the late Dorian Aerihman. He dropped dead in my store, with no entry wounds and no sign of magic or psychic involvement at all. There were two other patrons in the store at the time, one of them had no inkling of magic at all. By the time Dorian hit the ground, that patron was gone like a ghost. It was most peculiar." The man begins explaining.

"Yes, I did catch your name. You hunt for your boss, Jez, and the Defenders. Well, consider this an added bonus then, I'll reward your crew a trinket from my shop should you be able to find out how this patron evaded my shop and how one of my patrons ended up dead. You're welcome to take the body, I've no further need for it and I'd like nothing more than to wash my hands of it." He says, opening his hands over the body as a sort of offering and nodding. "So, deal?"

[Susan]
Susan lets Harkin in and James returns to his spot on the sofa, feeling at ease now that Susan as vouched for the man. She shows him to Lucille's workstation where the bullet is and then heads up stairs to run another test on the blood.

This time, her testing does reveal some curious features about the silver liquid. Upon a close examination, she finds that the silver liquid actually appears to be thousands of inert nano-machines that are just free floating with the blood. She's definitely heard of such a system before, not unlike the Cyber-Nano-Robot Repair Systems (CNRRS), but she's never seen or heard of them being in the bloodstream of a non-bionic body.

She then hears a commotion downstairs and rushes out ready to yell at James and Harkin for making noise. From her sight on the causeway, she sees James limp on the ground and Harkin is nowhere to be seen. It also looks like the Lucille's workstation got trashed.

[Megan and Cordelia returning to the Hanger]

Megan and Cordelia arrive back at the hanger with Brooks to find the door ajar; which is a very uncommon sight.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Sun May 17, 2020 1:49 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 59
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 33
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance
Underguard wrote:[Jezebel and Amber]
Jez and Amber both reach a mutual understanding before approaching the security. Jez notices that of the four security, one of them are noticeably larger than the other three and all of them appear to be human except for the large one. When she approaches rather forcefully, they all turn and look at her with somewhat a bewildered gaze, with the larger humanoid stepping forward.

Amber stays back and watches Jezebel's interaction with the security. Using her sight to see the aura of those around the door, she does notice that two of the four appear your pretty average human, one of them has definite magic and the larger one is radiating a pretty strong aura. None of them have psionics that register as powerful like herself, the big one does radiate a small amount of inner strength power but still nothing compared to her.

"Woah, woah, little one." He begins in a gruff tone, holding up a hand and obstructing her from viewing inside. "The Boss is at Defenders HQ, he wants to reopen tonight but them soldiers don't think it's a good idea. We've got some more folks inside checking inventory and cleaning the place up to make sure it's ready for the bosses word." He responds, then one of the other smaller human guards step forward.

"I know Dorian. He was here last night; he and a pal were celebrating something and bought drinks for the house. Made them both quite popular with the ladies on site; Dorian left with one." He responds.

Meanwhile, Amber then begins to selectively probe the mind mind of the second one to speak, who radiates some degree of magic; avoiding the larger one with a small manner of psionic prowess. His mind is cluttered with thoughts; who are these two girls, why are they asking about Dorian, is Dorian okay? Last thing the boss needs is a scuffle with the Aerihmans. It is pretty obvious from the probe that the security on site were not at fault and are likely just doing a job.

The big one lets the smaller human speak before continuing. "Look; private contractor or not, I can't just let you in without word from the boss. He should be back soon, and I'm sure he'd love the help." He says firmly, Jez is quite certain he is being truthful.


Jez smiles at the second guy then glances back over one shoulder to Amber, "Amber, perhaps you could speak to this fellow here? Apparently he knows Dorian." Dig into his brain with a spoon if you need to! We gotta know everything he knows. Information is ammunition! Jez then turns on the big fella.

She lets the "little one" comment slide as for such a big guy, perhaps even a tall woman like herself must seem little. Besides, I don't have time to file a report about assaulting some jerk for being a condescending ass. Shit needs to get done, so we put up with nonsense like this. "Who's the boss, friend? Also, why are they conducting inventory and cleaning up the place? What's happened to warrant such?"

Jez slips a hand to her belt, absorbs her MTE cellphone into it, and then sends a text message to all those with the ability to receive such.

    The owner of Flirts is at Defenders HQ. If anyone's talking to a cop at present, see if you can find out what is on report of having happened at Flirts. Amber and I are on Dorian's trail. We're highly mobile, so holler if you're in need of help.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Mon May 18, 2020 11:17 am

Perception: 1d100 = 60
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 41

Susan is shocked seeing James on the floor, then says the three sweetest words in the English language. "I WAS RIGHT!" Followed by "SHAPESHIFTER!" She raises her hands over her head in victory.

"Oh, I hope he's not dead." She rushes over to James and checks on him.

Medical Doctor (is James dead? If not, let's fix him!) 1d100 = 6 / 83%
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Amber Dach » Mon May 18, 2020 6:30 pm

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 20%
JIC: 1d20 =1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 67%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% = 1d100 = 14% (to get the small human guard to trust that she has Dorian's best interest in mind)
Charm/Impress: 50% = 1d100 = 24% (to get guard to relax and lower his mind defences)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.



Underguard wrote:Amber stays back and watches Jezebel's interaction with the security. Using her sight to see the aura of those around the door, she does notice that two of the four appear your pretty average human, one of them has definite magic and the larger one is radiating a pretty strong aura. None of them have psionics that register as powerful like herself, the big one does radiate a small amount of inner strength power but still nothing compared to her.

"Woah, woah, little one." He begins in a gruff tone, holding up a hand and obstructing her from viewing inside. "The Boss is at Defenders HQ, he wants to reopen tonight but them soldiers don't think it's a good idea. We've got some more folks inside checking inventory and cleaning the place up to make sure it's ready for the bosses word." He responds, then one of the other smaller human guards step forward.

"I know Dorian. He was here last night; he and a pal were celebrating something and bought drinks for the house. Made them both quite popular with the ladies on site; Dorian left with one." He responds.

Meanwhile, Amber then begins to selectively probe the mind mind of the second one to speak, who radiates some degree of magic; avoiding the larger one with a small manner of psionic prowess. His mind is cluttered with thoughts; who are these two girls, why are they asking about Dorian, is Dorian okay? Last thing the boss needs is a scuffle with the Aerihmans. It is pretty obvious from the probe that the security on site were not at fault and are likely just doing a job.

The big one lets the smaller human speak before continuing. "Look; private contractor or not, I can't just let you in without word from the boss. He should be back soon, and I'm sure he'd love the help." He says firmly, Jez is quite certain he is being truthful.


Jez wrote:Jez smiles at the second guy then glances back over one shoulder to Amber, "Amber, perhaps you could speak to this fellow here? Apparently he knows Dorian." Dig into his brain with a spoon if you need to! We gotta know everything he knows. Information is ammunition! Jez then turns on the big fella.


Amber nods an affirmative to Jez. “Sure thing Jez.” Amber will approach closer to the group of security guards and smiles at the smaller human guard that spoke up and beckons him to one side to ask him some more questions as Jez speaks with the large one and the rest of the guards.

Amber will continue using her telepathy on the guard, renewing it if need be before she begins questioning him. “Thank-you so much for helping us out. We don’t want you to get in trouble with your Boss, but any help you can give us, could help out Mr. Aerihman. We believe he may be in danger. The being he was with last night inside the club, Sokr'aa Uestud, well, he was found murdered this morning at his place of employment and we know they were together here last night.” She smiles to herself. Well, that might produce a reaction out of him.

Amber will let her statement hang in the air for as long as she needs to sort through his thoughts. “So, just who was all with Mr. Aerihman last night? Do you have any surveillance video of him and his associates from last night that we would be able to look at or maybe borrow a copy of for a little while? We also need to know who the girl he left with is. Do you know her? And what about Sokr'aa Uestud, did he leave by himself, or was he with someone too?”
Amber Dach

Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 72/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Mon May 18, 2020 9:06 pm

Mini Update

[Susan]

James, much to Susan's surprise, is not dead. He does however seem to have a fractured collar bone and broken right wrist and is unconscious. She is able to stabilize him quickly however she sees no trace of the would-be infiltrator. She does see the front door ajar.

[Jezebel and Amber]

The big one turns to Jez just sighs. "The boss is Eddie Crater. Some poor sod dropped dead on the floor Wednesday. Boss said it was some big wig from out of the town, think he belonged to another government. Not sure but it got the boss all freaked out and he has been at the Defenders Station probably three times in the past two days. We've been in damage control mode since then. I was sorta surprised we reopened yesterday or tonight, but profit is profit I guess."

The other guard turns his attention to Amber and nods, listening to her statement. He shrugs with a breathe. "Damn shame. Sokr'aa was a good thing, fun to hang out with even if he did have horns. Should've seen it, half the club stopped dancing when they saw the devilman in last night. We're usually mostly a human stop. That big Grunt there is literally around to stop humans from getting uppity, they tend to back off at the sheer size of him." The guard chuckles, earning a light, if playful snarl from the Dbee talking to Jez. "Dorian was here with Sokr'aa til probably ten and they left. Sokr'aa left alone. Dorian took a girl home with him, he usually stays at the Collegiate. Dorian was good people too, lots of badass tattoos. And we don't have any surveillance, nothing like this ever happened before. Boss might invest in it now, though. As for the girl, never seen her before, but that's not uncommon. She was human enough to not earn any second looks." The guard continues to recount the events. Amber can tell, through her telepathy, that he is thinking what he is saying and not leaving anything out. She can pick up that, while the guard did seem to like Sokr'aa, he isn't fond of Dbees as a whole, save maybe the big one behind him.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Tue May 19, 2020 9:41 am

ROLLS HELD

Susan does what she can to make James comfortable temporarily, then goes to close and lock the front door before she does the longer-term setting of his breaks.

She discovers Megan, Cordelia and Other Co-Employer there. And says, "Ah, you're back. Is your co-employer also a shapeshifter here to sabotage our investigation like the one who just left?"

After they come inside, Susan gets her equipment and sets James's bones.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Megan Price » Tue May 19, 2020 11:23 am

Perception: 1d100 = 79/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 88/1d20 = 17
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other: Multi-Optic Eye (Thermal Imaging), Amplified Hearing

Megan walks into the hangar and sees Susan tending to James. "What happened here?" When Susan asks Brooks about Harkin, she says "Harkin was here? This morning? Is there a video surveillance system installed here?" If she is directed to the surveillance monitors, she will try to rewind the footage to see if she can find Harkin. If she has any problems, she will ask Brooks if he knows how to use the system. (The closest skill I have is Computer Operation, not sure if that is close enough. 1d100 = 1/67%)

If they spot Harkin in the footage, she will ask Brooks "Well? Does that look like Harkin, or is something about the imposter off?" Turning to Cordelia, she says "Pass that picture around the everyone else here and see if anyone else has seen it, then call Jez and give her a sitrep. After that, grab a paper map if one is available, or go buy one if need be. I want to see if this fucker has a radius that it works while also trying to make sense all of this other data. Also I need you to make sure have some red pin. Speaking of which." She goes to Susan and says "These are the autopsy reports Brooks gave me. I want your help looking through the data and analyzing it for irregularities that I would miss due to not knowing medical stuff. I understand if you can't start on this right away due to tending to James, but I'm going to get started on this by making a chart to cross-referencing all possible data I can think of that we can get from these files."

Megan gets some graph paper and makes a column for the victims names, species, gender, age, height/weight, location of death, time/day of death, location of residence, employer profession, psychic abilities, magical abilities, and various other supernatural abilities, and then begins to fill it out. When Cordelia returns, she has her place red pins on the map for location of death, and green pins for location of residence, with numbers attached to them to indicate which victim they are there representing.
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Tue May 19, 2020 2:04 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 29
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 80
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance
Interrogation 95% / 1d100 = 27 (to drag info outta these lunk heads)

Underguard wrote:The big one turns to Jez just sighs. "The boss is Eddie Crater. Some poor sod dropped dead on the floor Wednesday. Boss said it was some big wig from out of the town, think he belonged to another government. Not sure but it got the boss all freaked out and he has been at the Defenders Station probably three times in the past two days. We've been in damage control mode since then. I was sorta surprised we reopened yesterday or tonight, but profit is profit I guess."

Jez cocks an eyebrow at the big D-bee. "Eddie Crater, huh? And he's with the Defenders at present? Thanks, we'll have a chat with him after we're through with you."

Jez sends another text to update everyone.
    Flirts' owner is named Eddie Crater. He should be with the Defenders now. Once we're done here, we'll see about putting Eddie to the question. Looks like they had a killing on Wednesday. Someone find out who the hell this guy is and if he might be connected in some way to any of the other locations hit.

Jez looks up at the big D-bee. "It's Saturday. The killing happened Wednesday. What the frak is so messy that it requires multiple DAYS to clean up, big guy? And if profit's the motive, why the hell drag out the cleaning over several days? Something about this doesn't add up. Have the Defenders been by and examined the scene yet? And what the hell are you guarding? The janitors?" Amber, I hope the frak you're squeezing the minds of these idiots dry. We need all the facts we can get.

Jez snaps her attention to the human. "What did this woman look like? Anything memorable? Was she tall like my statuesque friend here? Have purple hair like me? What was she wearing? What about her drew your attention to her? Try to recall any detail you can think of. Also, has any of you seen or heard from Dorian since that time?"

Jezebel wrote:Notes
  1. 2.5 Million Credit Bounty
  2. Brooks & Harkin: Initial contacts (brokers for an independent agent)
  3. Assassination Locations: The Palace Hotel & Casino, Ambassador Suites, Celestial Dragon, Spokes Hotel, Flirts, Mystic Medicine Clinic, The Crimson Dragon, The Sphinx & unicorn Tavern, Cyber Street Tenement, Nightcrawlers, Hangman's Hotel & Tavern
  4. Dig up info on Dorian Aerihman & find out his connection to this "revolutionary development" (Megan & Cordelia)
  5. Flirts: any connection to Dorian or the recent killings? (Amber & Jez)
  6. Crimson Dragon: any connection to Dorian or the recent killings? (Lucy)
  7. Silver fluid: what is it? how is it related to the manner of death and the killings? (Susan)
    • Then confer with Sgt. Harrison about what's been learned and any associations with the killings (find any connections)
  8. Sokr'aa Uestud: D'norr, dead assistant to Zo'Wor; innovator in tech/magic?
  9. Dorian Aehriman: associate of Sokr'aa, last seen at Flirts w/Sokr'aa; innovator in tech/magic?
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Wed May 20, 2020 8:14 am

ROLLS HELD

Once James has been as repaired as possible and gotten into a bed, Susan comes back to take a look at Megan's forensic report.

"Are we sure that this co-employer is not a shapeshifter? Shapeshifting would explain many of the difficulties in tracking this murderer, although I can't rule out possession or mind control. However, possession or mind control would be less likely to require actually being present at the crime scene, and I believe we have witness reports of suspicious individuals, which suggests it is not one of those options."

She pauses and looks in the direction of where she left James. "I wish Lucille had been here earlier. Or that James had proved to be a bit more robust."

Susan goes over the autopsy reports in detail, looking for abnormalities that would be caused by nanites, in particular. It would be a relatively simple matter to reprogram them to attack tissue or create the equivalent of a blood clot rather than to make repairs. I'm honestly surprised no one has weaponized them before...

Forensics (to understand this forensic report and find clues): 1d100 = 21 / 63%
Cybernetic Medicine(to understand this forensic report and find clues): 1d100 = 63 / 63%
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Lucille Davis » Wed May 20, 2020 1:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 13 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 18

Underguard wrote:Lucille notices the Spirits gaze and follows it to find a small perch that she's sure had some statue in it upon her entry now empty. A moment later, a simple human with crimson red hair also seems to just appear out of nowhere, though his face is stern and unhappy.

"Yes, yes. If I ask the Spirit to show itself, I may as well do the same. I do know Dorian, he died in my shop last night, likely gathering supplies before returning to the Collegiate. It is a rare feat for something in my home to escape my sight and whatever took the Atlantean's life was by no means unskilled and its mind was closed. Come." The man beckons and Lucille, Valrun and the Spirit follow them; almost ignoring Lucille's hair flip and introduction. The beck-man behind the counter remains curiously motionless.


Lucy's initial surprise at the Spirit's muteness melts into amusement when the crimson haired figure pops into sight. She gives an irrepressible laugh. "Well golly, are there any other invisibles in this room? Come out come out wherever you are! Don't make me put on my goggles!" A cute little twist what with this spirit person following along. Glad I spotted him earlier!

She nods along to the new red arrival, trying to break into his monologue, but failing at each juncture. This is a guy who's clearly not use to being interrupted. Just like a man. She's also a bit ruffled that her hair flip failed to grab the attention it deserved, but as Ol' Red beckons, she gives a shrug, side-eye's Val and Spirit with that 'men, am I right' look, and shuffles along after him.

As they head down the corridor, she tries to continue the conversation. "So yeah, as I was saying, the name's Lucille Davis. And you are..." she leaves the sentence dangling, hoping the lack of completion will draw this bit of information out of him. Whether he gives a name or not, she eventually continues, "And your beakish friend? What's up with him? Seems to be acting kind of strangely?" And then she just can't help herself. "So, yeah, invisibility - that's super cool. A spell? Perhaps something you teach in your... um... spare time? Never got around to it in Stormspire..." She then looses herself temporarily in though of all of the machines she could put invisibility into, and gets a bit giddy with excitement, likely running into some furniture corner or door side.

Underguard wrote:In the back of the building, past a couple doors and secured displays with impressive tools, Lucille and Valrun both find a body on a table.

"This is the late Dorian Aerihman. He dropped dead in my store, with no entry wounds and no sign of magic or psychic involvement at all. There were two other patrons in the store at the time, one of them had no inkling of magic at all. By the time Dorian hit the ground, that patron was gone like a ghost. It was most peculiar." The man begins explaining.

"Yes, I did catch your name. You hunt for your boss, Jez, and the Defenders. Well, consider this an added bonus then, I'll reward your crew a trinket from my shop should you be able to find out how this patron evaded my shop and how one of my patrons ended up dead. You're welcome to take the body, I've no further need for it and I'd like nothing more than to wash my hands of it." He says, opening his hands over the body as a sort of offering and nodding. "So, deal?"


Lucy tries to take in all of the security the Crimson Dragon has to offer as they pass thought to the back where the body is presented. Oh good. Another body - head appears intact. Susan will be pleased as least.

As Ol' Red unwinds his tale, Lucy recalls his description of the assassin mind being closed reminder her of her blurry psychic encounter. Hrm, some kind of anti-magic and anti-psychic type of thing? Like a mind block but more maybe more general? She's not sure she's heard of such powers, but then the rifts are wide and her experience is narrow. I'll have to pass this on to the GIRLS. Maybe one of them will have some ideas.

Lore: Magic, General Knowledge 1d100 = 9 / 44% (To determine if she's ever come across anti-magic powers or individuals)

Ol' Red wraps up and Lucy looks to Val, looks to Spirit, and figures the floor is still hers for the taking. "Right. You seem to know a bit about us. So you'll know that I need to take this up with the boss first." She walks over to a corner and turns her back to the scene, but can still clearly be overheard as she radios Jez. "Boss Jez, Lucy here. I found Dorian Aerihman, but he seems to be a dead end. In that he's dead. At the Crimson Dragon - mysterious circumstances. A red-headed fella here says he's reward us a trinket if we crack the case. And we can take the body off his hands, too, so Susan will be happy!"

While waiting for a response from Jez, Lucy turns back to Ol' Red. "So, there's a bunch of us GIRLS, and I don't know how much we're in to sharing one trinket. Any chance you might sweeten the pot? Perhaps a trinket a piece? And hey, if some of us get assassinated like poor Dorian here, that's fewer trinkets off your table!" She gives a more nervous laugh, realizing how morbid her thoughts have become, and eyes the body again. Nope. Don't want to end up like Dorian here. Nope. Nope.
Last edited by Lucille Davis on Thu May 21, 2020 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 90/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Wed May 20, 2020 3:35 pm

(rolls held over)
Lucille Davis wrote:"Boss Jez, Lucy here. I found Dorian Aerihman, but he seems to be a dead end. In that he's dead. At the Crimson Dragon - mysterious circumstances. A red-headed fella here says he's reward us a trinket if we crack the case. And we can take the body off his hands, too, so Susan will be happy!"


Frak. Our best lead...dead. Jez relays this information via text to the rest of the group. She looks to Amber, "Stakes just got raised. Dorian's been found at the Crimson Dragon--dead." She looks pointedly at the big d-bee and the human who seems to have been on friendly terms with Dorian. Her eyes ask all the questions that are necessary. Anything else to add, fuckos?

Jezebel wrote:Notes
  1. 2.5 Million Credit Bounty
  2. Brooks & Harkin: Initial contacts (brokers for an independent agent)
  3. Assassination Locations: The Palace Hotel & Casino, Ambassador Suites, Celestial Dragon, Spokes Hotel, Flirts, Mystic Medicine Clinic, The Crimson Dragon, The Sphinx & unicorn Tavern, Cyber Street Tenement, Nightcrawlers, Hangman's Hotel & Tavern
  4. Dig up info on Dorian Aerihman & find out his connection to this "revolutionary development" (Megan & Cordelia)
  5. Flirts: any connection to Dorian or the recent killings? (Amber & Jez)
  6. Crimson Dragon: any connection to Dorian or the recent killings? (Lucy)
  7. Silver fluid: what is it? how is it related to the manner of death and the killings? (Susan)
    • Then confer with Sgt. Harrison about what's been learned and any associations with the killings (find any connections)
  8. Sokr'aa Uestud: D'norr, assistant to Zo'Wor; innovator in tech/magic? KILLED @ Devilman Arms
  9. Dorian Aehriman: associate of Sokr'aa, last seen at Flirts w/Sokr'aa; innovator in tech/magic? KILLED @ Crimson Dragon
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Amber Dach » Fri May 22, 2020 6:26 am

(Rolls held over)

Underguard wrote:Mini Update
[Jezebel and Amber]

The big one turns to Jez just sighs. "The boss is Eddie Crater. Some poor sod dropped dead on the floor Wednesday. Boss said it was some big wig from out of the town, think he belonged to another government. Not sure but it got the boss all freaked out and he has been at the Defenders Station probably three times in the past two days. We've been in damage control mode since then. I was sorta surprised we reopened yesterday or tonight, but profit is profit I guess."

The other guard turns his attention to Amber and nods, listening to her statement. He shrugs with a breathe. "Damn shame. Sokr'aa was a good thing, fun to hang out with even if he did have horns. Should've seen it, half the club stopped dancing when they saw the devilman in last night. We're usually mostly a human stop. That big Grunt there is literally around to stop humans from getting uppity, they tend to back off at the sheer size of him." The guard chuckles, earning a light, if playful snarl from the Dbee talking to Jez. "Dorian was here with Sokr'aa til probably ten and they left. Sokr'aa left alone. Dorian took a girl home with him, he usually stays at the Collegiate. Dorian was good people too, lots of badass tattoos. And we don't have any surveillance, nothing like this ever happened before. Boss might invest in it now, though. As for the girl, never seen her before, but that's not uncommon. She was human enough to not earn any second looks." The guard continues to recount the events. Amber can tell, through her telepathy, that he is thinking what he is saying and not leaving anything out. She can pick up that, while the guard did seem to like Sokr'aa, he isn't fond of Dbees as a whole, save maybe the big one behind him.


Amber listens intently and nods in her head slightly to try subtlety indicate to Jez that what the human guard is saying is on the level. This isn’t getting us anything much. Let’s try a different tack. “Okay, did you notice anything out of the ordinary either last night or on Wednesday? Well, besides the Big Wig dropping dead. Anything that strikes you as out of place or odd in retrospect?”

Jezebel wrote:Frak. Our best lead...dead. Jez relays this information via text to the rest of the group. She looks to Amber, "Stakes just got raised. Dorian's been found at the Crimson Dragon--dead." She looks pointedly at the big d-bee and the human who seems to have been on friendly terms with Dorian. Her eyes ask all the questions that are necessary. Anything else to add, fuckos?


Amber's eyes widen a little. Well, balls. She will wait to "hear" any reaction the human guard has in his mind. "I'm sorry for your loss. I know this is sudden news but I have to ask you seem to have known Mr. Aerihman fairly well. Any enemies or beings he was having any issues with?"
Amber Dach

Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 72/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Cordelia » Fri May 22, 2020 6:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 86
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 61

Cordelia approaches the hangar. (does she notice anything else suspicious besides the door open.)
She enters "My mother would ask whos paying the bills around here letting all the warm air out."
She stops suddenly at the sight inside.
"OO, Doc! Is James okay " She gets suddenly excited and starts moving around erratically.

From Megan:
Turning to Cordelia, she says "Pass that picture around the everyone else here and see if anyone else has seen it, then call Jez and give her a sitrep. After that, grab a paper map if one is available, or go buy one if need be. I want to see if this fucker has a radius that it works while also trying to make sense all of this other data. Also I need you to make sure have some red pin.


Cordelia snaps to. "Okay, Yes. Doc Susan is a good doctor she will fix James. I have all that in my craft supplies. Let me get it from my room." Cordelia still excited paces off to work and Update Jezebel.

" Jez, James has been wounded. Some one was here at the hangar and looks like they shot him. Megan and I are sorting data from Harkin and Susan is fixing James. Just a heads up. Over."

Cordelia starts to slow down and collect herself and the materials to sort the information. Which she starts making short work of. Tacking a map to a wall and putting pins in with notes and references. She is soon singing that same song again quietly as she works. She also tacks the sketches she made up with the map.
Cordelia/Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 18
S.D.C.: 32

Image
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Underguard » Tue May 26, 2020 2:14 pm

Conditions wrote:Location: New Pudacah; 'Merctown'
Time: 11:20am (20 Minutes have passed) ;; December 23 111PA, Saturday
Weather:About 50*F (10*C) ; Clear Skies ; No winds


[The Hanger]
Susan, Megan, Cordelia

Susan stabilizes James on a cot and confers with her allies. She takes the reports Brooks gave to Megan to a nearby terminal. When she boots up the report, she spends a solid twenty minutes scouring the details and finds that the murders are quite sporadic in nature. Two of the individuals had a large amount of registered cybernetics or bionic systems, that critically failed to the point of frying the internal organs, no wound was found on these two. Four individuals, to include the one who dropped dead in front of them, had bullet hold entrance wounds, no exit wound, and in each instance, major organs were shut down. Six additional targets, to include the one from last night, had stab wounds with the same end result, organ failure. Megan can infer that it is some degree of poison or, her theory on the weaponization of nanites could be true and they are being used to shut down critical organs. Why there are no remains of the nanites in their systems remains a mystery; they could be shutting down and then eaten by white blood cells and other antibodies, or they could be destroying themselves once the target has died, it's hard to tell for sure.

Cordelia spends time on a bulletin board and establishes a sort of spiders web by tacking each murder point with the method of murder. There isn't a pattern that is visible yet. Neither Susan nor Brooks recognize the picture of the alleyway watcher that Cordelia drew.

Though the three of them are new to the GIRLS as a whole, Megan does note a camera system on the exterior of the building covering the entrances to the building itself. She finds a computer terminal in the reception area where a receptionist would likely sit and finds the connections to the cameras. In her search through the cameras, she notes that there are no visible cameras inside, no feeds, but she is able to access and playback the feeds of the exterior cameras. She can see Susan entering with Harkin at 11:01. She watches the playback and then notes the door slowly opening, though nothing exits, at 11:17. She then sees herself, Cordelia and Brooks in the camera approaching the door at 11:20. A closer scrutiny of every exterior camera feed shows that there was no movement at any entrance between 11:16-11:20, when the would-be Harkin should have been seen leaving. Megan can infer that Harkin did not leave the building.

[Crimson Dragon]
Lucille and Valrun
The man seems mildly amused by Lucille's apparent giddiness as well as her frustrations. He doesn't comment, though Lucille is quite sure he is at least telepathic. "I am the owner of the Crimson Dragon, and the other individual with the beakish mask is my attendant. He deals solely with customers of little interest, saves me the hassle. Individuals such as yourselves, Dorian, I tend to." He states, Lucille does notice he does not disclose his name as he continues. "As for teaching, that is more found at the Collegiate. I am a collector, of sorts, but perhaps we can work out an arrangement, presuming you become a patron of my fine establishment." He states.

Lucille takes in the rest of the tale and is familiar with some levels of anti-magic such as the Negate Magic spell, but nothing to that degree. Familiar with technology and magic in general, she's aware of some minds being closed to magic through technology, such as cyborgs or even artificial intelligences. When she tries to sweeten the pot with Ol' Red, he chuckles and shrugs.

"I'm not exactly the generous type, but, I'll tell you what. If the time comes, I'll let your crew decide between less than common trinkets for each of you, or a more rare trinket to be shared. It is, after all, merely an offer. You don't need to take it, and I have no issues washing my hands of this whole affair." He says, before looking at the body as Lucille does.

"Ah, please do take the body. I would like it out of my shop before it begins to smell." He finishes. Valrun, remaining stoically silent, motions towards the body and the Spirit moves and takes the body in its arms. With that, the man looks at the three of them. "If there is nothing else, please be on your way. You have a murder mystery to solve, no?" He says, the last line with a bit of a toothy smile.

[Flirts]
Jezebel and Amber

Jez sends out another text message then continues her impromptu interrogation of the Dbee. Her near accuratory nature causing the Dbee to shift mildly as passerbys have begun to take notice of the interaction. He lowers his voice so Jez can hear him but not random passersby.

"Boss is just covering his ass. This big wig that ate it is potentially really damaging to Merctown as a whole, so we're doing another check of everything before we reopen. He's also having us install extra security inside the club, so that should anything like this happen again, he can cover his ass. Boss wants it done before we reopen in a few hours. We're just the muscle here, most of us work security between multiple locations on any given week just based on their hours of operation." The dbee states with a sigh.

When Jez turns to attention to the human mentioning the woman, he just offers a weak shrug. "She was quite plain. Redhead, I think. Average size, looked fit. But she wasn't a model or anything, no tats, no outrageous hair. Not really memorable, like I said. Hell, the only reason I remember anything at all is because Dorian doesn't usually leave with anyone, so that was weird. And no, haven't seen Dorian since."

When Amber speaks up and asks her question, both the Dbee and human glance at her then pause as if thinking. The human responds first. "Well, on Wednesday, the big-wig was making the life of the bar. He bout the entire club more than one round of drinks in celebration of a record breaking find." He says.

The Dbee is seen nodding and adds, "Yeah, said it would change the future as we know it. Some might hate it, but the majority would benefit. He was a shit stain of a person, to be honest. He had a stink about Dbees, though he didn't seem to mind buying the few that were there as patrons a round though that could've been by association. What was it he said?" He pauses briefly, looking down at his human coworker who shrugs with a laugh.

"Ah, right. I remember him saying; 'We're finally going to take it all back, and we'll do it our way!' but he never elaborated. He was wasted by eleven, and no, he never mentioned who he represented. Dropped dead a little before midnight, right on the dance floor. So many people were moving it was impossible to tell if anyone attacked him, and he never made a sound of pain or fear. It was just one second, dancing, next second keeled over." The guard finishes, pulling out a cigarette and offering one to both Jez and Amber before lighting it.

The whole while, Amber keeps a minds eye on the thoughts going through the humans mind. It's racing with memories as it tries to recall the day in question with more vivid detail. Unfortunately, or fortunately, it doesn't seem that he is hiding anything. A single thought catches her mind. He seems to remember a figure who was hooded seemingly dancing near the big wig that was conspicuously gone when he fell to the ground, but the man can't think of any identifiers beyond the hood, which was odd to see at an indoor club but not exactly worthy of mention, not in this guard's eyes anyways.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Tue May 26, 2020 3:49 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 25
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 91
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance

Ildana grant me insight. I'm no frakking Master-At-Arms. I'm a snoop and a killer. I'm winging this like I have everything else I've done since landing on this rock. "Fake it until you make it," right, Halko? Jez smiles at the big d-bee and his wingman. "Okay, boys. You go ahead and get back to installing your bosses gadgets and covering his rear end. Thanks for the help."

She looks back at Amber, "Unless you've got anything else you'd like to ask, I'd suggest we check back in at the hangar, see how James is doing, and get everybody on the same page." If Amber's got nothing else for the security guards or the site, Jez will drive them back to the hangar. These people needs rides of their own. My Hornet wasn't designed for passengers.

Jezebel wrote:Notes
  1. 2.5 Million Credit Bounty
  2. Brooks & Harkin: Initial contacts (brokers for an independent agent)
  3. Assassination Locations: The Palace Hotel & Casino, Ambassador Suites, Celestial Dragon, Spokes Hotel, Flirts, Mystic Medicine Clinic, The Crimson Dragon, The Sphinx & unicorn Tavern, Cyber Street Tenement, Nightcrawlers, Hangman's Hotel & Tavern
  4. Dig up info on Dorian Aerihman & find out his connection to this "revolutionary development" (Megan & Cordelia)
  5. Flirts: any connection to Dorian or the recent killings? (Amber & Jez)
  6. Crimson Dragon: any connection to Dorian or the recent killings? (Lucy)
  7. Silver fluid: what is it? how is it related to the manner of death and the killings? (Susan)
    • Then confer with Sgt. Harrison about what's been learned and any associations with the killings (find any connections)
  8. Sokr'aa Uestud: D'norr, assistant to Zo'Wor; innovator in tech/magic? KILLED @ Devilman Arms
  9. Dorian Aehriman: associate of Sokr'aa, last seen at Flirts w/Sokr'aa; innovator in tech/magic? KILLED @ Crimson Dragon
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Amber Dach » Tue May 26, 2020 5:36 pm

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 7%
JIC: 1d20 = 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 1d100 = 96%

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.



Underguard wrote:Jezebel and Amber
When Jez turns to attention to the human mentioning the woman, he just offers a weak shrug. "She was quite plain. Redhead, I think. Average size, looked fit. But she wasn't a model or anything, no tats, no outrageous hair. Not really memorable, like I said. Hell, the only reason I remember anything at all is because Dorian doesn't usually leave with anyone, so that was weird. And no, haven't seen Dorian since."


As Amber takes in the details about the woman Dorian left with she thinks to herself. Ideal for an assassin I guess, no one remembers any details about you other than the colour of your hair, which can be easily changed.

Underguard wrote:The whole while, Amber keeps a minds eye on the thoughts going through the humans mind. It's racing with memories as it tries to recall the day in question with more vivid detail. Unfortunately, or fortunately, it doesn't seem that he is hiding anything. A single thought catches her mind. He seems to remember a figure who was hooded seemingly dancing near the big wig that was conspicuously gone when he fell to the ground, but the man can't think of any identifiers beyond the hood, which was odd to see at an indoor club but not exactly worthy of mention, not in this guard's eyes anyways.


As Amber sees the brief vision of the hooded figure lurking near the Big Wig that was assassinated, she thinks. Well, this may be a bit of a break for us. Now how do I get him to say it aloud to see if his friends here remember anything else? She thinks quickly on her feet and decides to be the sympathetic ear that people want to share thoughts with. She exudes a genuinely sympathetic feeling (meant to get the guard to open up more if he is reluctant to share his brief vision of the hooded figure) to the human guard who’s mind she is peering into. “You look like there is still something still bothering you about the Wednesday night. Some small detail that isn't sitting right with you. You may think it is something silly but please tell us. It may jog you or one of your friends memories of something that can help us ID this assassin.” Amber will patiently wait for a reply.

If anyone else comes up with anything additional about the hooded figure, Amber will ask a followup question. “Did you see this figure touch anything?” If they did see them touch anything, she will ask if they can take the item with them if it is something easily transported and of limited value that their boss wouldn't miss. (Amber would rather not reveal that she is psychic and do any object reading in private to see if she can get a handle on who just who this assassin is.)

Jez wrote:She looks back at Amber, "Unless you've got anything else you'd like to ask, I'd suggest we check back in at the hangar, see how James is doing, and get everybody on the same page." If Amber's got nothing else for the security guards or the site, Jez will drive them back to the hangar. These people needs rides of their own. My Hornet wasn't designed for passengers.


Amber nods once her final questions are answered to her satisfaction. "I'm done here, Jez." She replies. "A thought before we go though. I have no comms, but maybe you should give these fine gentlemen a way to contact us if they remember something else that is helpful. Sometimes memories come to us after have some time to think about it. You’re the boss though.” Amber will mount up on the back of the Hornet behind Jez. I really need to get me a ride. This rig isn’t meant for two.
Amber Dach

Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 72/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Lucille Davis » Thu May 28, 2020 4:32 am

[Crimson Dragon]
Perception: 1d100 = 79 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 9

Underguard wrote:The man seems mildly amused by Lucille's apparent giddiness as well as her frustrations. He doesn't comment, though Lucille is quite sure he is at least telepathic. "I am the owner of the Crimson Dragon, and the other individual with the beakish mask is my attendant. He deals solely with customers of little interest, saves me the hassle. Individuals such as yourselves, Dorian, I tend to." He states, Lucille does notice he does not disclose his name as he continues. "As for teaching, that is more found at the Collegiate. I am a collector, of sorts, but perhaps we can work out an arrangement, presuming you become a patron of my fine establishment." He states.

Lucille takes in the rest of the tale and is familiar with some levels of anti-magic such as the Negate Magic spell, but nothing to that degree. Familiar with technology and magic in general, she's aware of some minds being closed to magic through technology, such as cyborgs or even artificial intelligences. When she tries to sweeten the pot with Ol' Red, he chuckles and shrugs.


Lucy feels really important, Ol' Red tending to her the same as Dorian... who died... in the Crimson Dragon. Ok ok, so 'tending to' is a bit ambiguous here, she muses. Mr. no name Ol' Red is cagey, but at least he's keen to find out what happened. As his story unfolds, she starts feeling some vague associations come together. From Ol' Red's description, and what we've seen otherwise, seems like there are a couple of routes our assassin has to blind us to his attacks: magical, psychic, and technological. The magical angle seems less likely, unless he's some really powerful wizard, but technological, or magitech...? I'll have to raise this with the other GIRLS. Maybe together we can put these details together.

Skill rolls to think more about technological methods for the assassin's invisibility
TW Construction 1d100 = 29 / 90%
Mechanical Engineer 1d100 = 64 / 64%
Electrical Engineering 1d100 = 17 / 64%

Underguard wrote:"I'm not exactly the generous type, but, I'll tell you what. If the time comes, I'll let your crew decide between less than common trinkets for each of you, or a more rare trinket to be shared. It is, after all, merely an offer. You don't need to take it, and I have no issues washing my hands of this whole affair." He says, before looking at the body as Lucille does.

"Ah, please do take the body. I would like it out of my shop before it begins to smell." He finishes. Valrun, remaining stoically silent, motions towards the body and the Spirit moves and takes the body in its arms. With that, the man looks at the three of them. "If there is nothing else, please be on your way. You have a murder mystery to solve, no?" He says, the last line with a bit of a toothy smile.


Taking is that Val's motion has sealed the deal, Lucy makes a mental note. Hope Jez is ok with this. If not, I'm going to have to protect this poor beautiful goddess from her wrath. She turns back to Ol' Red. "Well, guess that settles it. We're on the case and taking the body back to GIRLS headquarters. We'll get to the bottom of this." I hope, she adds to herself.

As they exit the Crimson Dragon and pile back into the mountaineer, Lucy radios back to the group, "GIRLS, we're headed back to HQ, Dorian in tow. Um... do we have a morgue? Or a person-sized freezer?"
Lucille Davis / Ledger
Current Status
Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 90/131
I.S.P.: 22/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)

Image
User avatar
Lucille Davis
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am
Location: emhusband@gmail.com

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Megan Price » Fri May 29, 2020 7:00 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 21/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 1/1d20 = 16
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other: Multi-Optic Eye (Thermal, Zooming, Filters as needed), Amplified Hearing

Underguard wrote:[The Hanger]
Susan, Megan, Cordelia

Susan stabilizes James on a cot and confers with her allies. She takes the reports Brooks gave to Megan to a nearby terminal. When she boots up the report, she spends a solid twenty minutes scouring the details and finds that the murders are quite sporadic in nature. Two of the individuals had a large amount of registered cybernetics or bionic systems, that critically failed to the point of frying the internal organs, no wound was found on these two. Four individuals, to include the one who dropped dead in front of them, had bullet hold entrance wounds, no exit wound, and in each instance, major organs were shut down. Six additional targets, to include the one from last night, had stab wounds with the same end result, organ failure. Megan can infer that it is some degree of poison or, her theory on the weaponization of nanites could be true and they are being used to shut down critical organs. Why there are no remains of the nanites in their systems remains a mystery; they could be shutting down and then eaten by white blood cells and other antibodies, or they could be destroying themselves once the target has died, it's hard to tell for sure.

Cordelia spends time on a bulletin board and establishes a sort of spiders web by tacking each murder point with the method of murder. There isn't a pattern that is visible yet. Neither Susan nor Brooks recognize the picture of the alleyway watcher that Cordelia drew.

Though the three of them are new to the GIRLS as a whole, Megan does note a camera system on the exterior of the building covering the entrances to the building itself. She finds a computer terminal in the reception area where a receptionist would likely sit and finds the connections to the cameras. In her search through the cameras, she notes that there are no visible cameras inside, no feeds, but she is able to access and playback the feeds of the exterior cameras. She can see Susan entering with Harkin at 11:01. She watches the playback and then notes the door slowly opening, though nothing exits, at 11:17. She then sees herself, Cordelia and Brooks in the camera approaching the door at 11:20. A closer scrutiny of every exterior camera feed shows that there was no movement at any entrance between 11:16-11:20, when the would-be Harkin should have been seen leaving. Megan can infer that Harkin did not leave the building.


Son of a bitch! Megan thinks to herself as reviews the footage. She gets up and hauls ass to Susan and practically shouts "Lockdown the hangar, we might have an intruder!" She stops and takes a breath, then more calmly says "I think the Harkin imposter might still be in the building. I was reviewing the security footage and watched the door open but no one exited the building. Yes, it could mean that the imposter left invisibly, but we can't discount the fact that also could have been misdirect to get us to all leave the building hunting for it. We need to conduct a thorough search of the hangar to ensure it's safety. Also, Susan I need you to call Jez directly and give her a sitrep."

Megan draws out her vibro-sword and knife and begins a extensive search of the hangar utilizing every feature of her multi-optic eye and tuning her mechanical ears to listen for sounds too faint to be heard by normal ears. She examines every likely spot to be ambushed from (Detect Ambush 1d100 = 43/57%), any spot that can conceal a roughly man-sized target (Detect Concealment 1d100 = 30/57%), and does all this while trying to not make a sound (Prowl 1d100 = 8/42%)
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Cordelia » Sat May 30, 2020 4:53 am

Perception: 1d100 = 99
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 26

Cordelia sits reading the files. She has been trying to reference the information into charts and visual representations. She still does not see and obvious correlation. I can render a few guesses but at this point they would just be guesses
She takes a break to get some coffee and walks over to where Susan is with James when Megan approaches.

"I think the Harkin imposter might still be in the building. I was reviewing the security footage and watched the door open but no one exited the building. Yes, it could mean that the imposter left invisibly, but we can't discount the fact that also could have been misdirect to get us to all leave the building hunting for it. We need to conduct a thorough search of the hangar to ensure it's safety. Also, Susan I need you to call Jez directly and give her a sitrep."

Cordelia stops in her tracks for one whole second. My armor and my gun are up in my room.
She calmly sits her coffee down and checks her personal forcefield. She is starting to overthink the situation. Her calm is starting to fade and the flop sweat is increasing.
" Er.. um.. Megan.. what do you think I shoud be doing?" She asks timidly.
"I dont have a weapon or anything but pens and pencils."
She then contemplates locking herself in the bathroom. She quickly dismisses the idea and takes a deep breath to fortify her nerves and stands up straight. I can do this. Lets get this thing and be heroes.
Cordelia/Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 18
S.D.C.: 32

Image
User avatar
Cordelia
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Sun May 31, 2020 10:13 am

Perception: 1d100 = 7 / 33%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 44

Susan looks at Megan, nods, and jacks into her Wilk's Secure Walkie Talkie. *cough* Is this thing on? Me me me me... GIRLS, this is Dr. Susan Radio live and on the air. I propose we stop speaking out loud as much as possible. Commander, please return to the hangar immediately, we may have the assassin on premises.

The assassin may be masquerading as brown Co-Employer. Blonde Co-Employer is also here and those of us onsite will proceed with lockdown procedures. None of us are in armor, however, so there is a not-insignificant chance we will all be vaporized.

She turns to Cordelia and says, "Get a weapon, get your armor and guard the hangar door, please."

Then she pops a boing-go. And her terror melts away like ice cream in a creepy basement furnace.

To Blonde Co-Employer, Susan says, "Do you have a radio receiver?" If Co-Employer responds in the affirmative, she will transmit the sit-rep to him. If he responds in the negative, she walks over and whispers the sit-rep. Please also guard the door with... Cordelia.

Megan, will you accompany me to my room?

Susan then goes to her room and grabs her laser rifle. Knowing it will take too long to put on her armor, she doesn't bother. Allowing Megan to take point, she begins a sweep of the upstairs looking for "Harkin."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Megan Price » Sun May 31, 2020 10:19 am

(Rolls Held)

Cordelia wrote:Cordelia sits reading the files. She has been trying to reference the information into charts and visual representations. She still does not see and obvious correlation. I can render a few guesses but at this point they would just be guesses
She takes a break to get some coffee and walks over to where Susan is with James when Megan approaches.

"I think the Harkin imposter might still be in the building. I was reviewing the security footage and watched the door open but no one exited the building. Yes, it could mean that the imposter left invisibly, but we can't discount the fact that also could have been misdirect to get us to all leave the building hunting for it. We need to conduct a thorough search of the hangar to ensure it's safety. Also, Susan I need you to call Jez directly and give her a sitrep."

Cordelia stops in her tracks for one whole second. My armor and my gun are up in my room.
She calmly sits her coffee down and checks her personal forcefield. She is starting to overthink the situation. Her calm is starting to fade and the flop sweat is increasing.
" Er.. um.. Megan.. what do you think I shoud be doing?" She asks timidly.
"I dont have a weapon or anything but pens and pencils."
She then contemplates locking herself in the bathroom. She quickly dismisses the idea and takes a deep breath to fortify her nerves and stands up straight. I can do this. Lets get this thing and be heroes.


No weapons? What kind of mercenary doesn't have any weapons? Shit, she probably means on her. This is kinda like her home after all. Megan sighs in frustration for a moment as she tries to order her thoughts. "How are you with finding concealed spaces, or noticing things in general? You probably know this hangar better than me, even if only by a little bit, so where in here could a potential assassin/thief go to hide?" Megan asks Cordelia before another thought strikes her. "Jez does leave her robot vehicle locked up when it's in the hangar, right?"

Leaving Cordelia to get armed and prepped to guard the door, Megan escorts Susan to her room so she can collect her firearm saying to her "Does Jez have a radio? Because I could have done that with my implant. What I don't have is a MTE Cellphone. I used to, but then my contract expired and I had no use for it as at the time the only person I knew in town is Fixer Jones. But now I have a reason again to get one. I just need to make sure I can afford it first.". The the two of them then begin their sweep of the hangar.
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Susan Lee » Sun May 31, 2020 5:59 pm

ROLLS HELD

Susan cocks her head at Megan. "Oh, I thought you wanted me to do it because you have to whisper to yourself and didn't want to be overheard. Which is why I've been using the radio to "

She then goes to the landline, plugs into that, calls Jez's cellphone and, with her mind, says, "Commander, please return to the hangar immediately, we may have the assassin on premises."

The assassin may be masquerading as brown Co-Employer. Blonde Co-Employer is also here and those of us onsite will proceed with lockdown procedures. None of us are in armor, however, so there is a not-insignificant chance we will all be vaporized."


She turns to Megan after and says, "Should we start now or do you want to wait? If we're waiting, I'm putting on my armor."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: GIRLS in Merctown

Postby Jezebel » Sun May 31, 2020 7:32 pm

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 98
JIC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 35
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance
Susan Lee wrote:"Commander, please return to the hangar immediately, we may have the assassin on premises. The assassin may be masquerading as brown Co-Employer. Blonde Co-Employer is also here and those of us onsite will proceed with lockdown procedures. None of us are in armor, however, so there is a not-insignificant chance we will all be vaporized."

Jez hollers back over her shoulder at Amber. "We may be riding back into trouble! Could be the assassin is stupid enough to be hanging out at our place. Wouldn't that just be grand?" That's like prize livestock walking itself into the abattoir. No way we're that lucky. Jez texts back her reply via her merged MTE phone.

    If you suspect you have an interloper, whatever you do, don't spook him or alert him to the fact that you know he's there. Amber and I will be there in a few moments.

Upon arrival at the hangar, Jez will open the hangar doors just enough for the Hornet to zip inside quickly, then secure them behind her. She does her best to appear nonchalant. "Sup, GIRLS?! Time to collaborate with what we know about the case so far! But first I'm gonna grab some cigars from my Big Girl. See you down in a few!" Jez will then leap and scamper her way up to the TR's cockpit hatch and merge a finger into the secured access panel. She reads the panel to see if anyone has tried to access the panel. If someone has done so, she remains where she is for the moment, hanging on the back of the TR, ready to merge with the TR and commandeer the machine. If no one has accessed the panel, she makes sure the access panel is set to secure before jumping down to the deck of the hangar and striding over to the others. "Okay, sitrep time."

Jezebel wrote:Notes
  1. 2.5 Million Credit Bounty
  2. Brooks & Harkin: Initial contacts (brokers for an independent agent)
  3. Assassination Locations: The Palace Hotel & Casino, Ambassador Suites, Celestial Dragon, Spokes Hotel, Flirts, Mystic Medicine Clinic, The Crimson Dragon, The Sphinx & unicorn Tavern, Cyber Street Tenement, Nightcrawlers, Hangman's Hotel & Tavern
  4. Dig up info on Dorian Aerihman & find out his connection to this "revolutionary development" (Megan & Cordelia)
  5. Flirts: any connection to Dorian or the recent killings? (Amber & Jez)
  6. Crimson Dragon: any connection to Dorian or the recent killings? (Lucy)
  7. Silver fluid: what is it? how is it related to the manner of death and the killings? (Susan)
    • Then confer with Sgt. Harrison about what's been learned and any associations with the killings (find any connections)
  8. Sokr'aa Uestud: D'norr, assistant to Zo'Wor; innovator in tech/magic? KILLED @ Devilman Arms
  9. Dorian Aehriman: associate of Sokr'aa, last seen at Flirts w/Sokr'aa; innovator in tech/magic? KILLED @ Crimson Dragon
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 51
S.D.C.: 98/98
P.T.P.: 1550/1550
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)

Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

PreviousNext

Return to G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests