The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Government and Business District.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Major Arcana » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:10 pm

Spook Squad Headquarters "The Haunt"

This imposing structure stands across from the park and Klingmar Spa & Resort and is home to the infamous Spook Squad mercenary squad.

Image

Link to full details and layout.

See Here for Prior Haunt
Major Arcana
 

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Minerva » Thu May 14, 2020 11:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98/54%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 70

Minerva drives her Black Talon into the Haunt and cuts the engine. In just her Stalker Suit, she sits heavy with her thoughts in the basement of the Spook Squad headquarters. Eso fue demasiado. Demasiada muerte. Demasiado mal. Yo ... necesito un cambio de ritmo. Les haré saber esta noche, pero creo que preguntaré con ese solitario de la batalla. Parece que podría necesitar algo de ayuda.

Minerva gets her necessary four hours of shut eye, showers, gets dressed and then heads into town on foot to purchase some things.

Translation
Eso fue demasiado. Demasiada muerte. Demasiado mal. Yo ... necesito un cambio de ritmo. Les haré saber esta noche, pero creo que preguntaré con ese solitario de la batalla. Parece que podría necesitar algo de ayuda.=That was too much. Too much death. Too much evil. I... I need a change of pace. I'll let them know tonight, but I think I'll enquire with that loner from the battle. He looks like he could use some help.
Grace Minerva
Ledger

  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)

Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Mierin » Mon May 18, 2020 2:37 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 95 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 49

Conditions:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Sustain – duration: 20 days

Mierin enters the Haunt after the group's return to Merctown and heads to her room. She checks on Shadow, her robodog. I'm glad I left Shadow here. Mierin thinks to herself. Odds are she would have been destroyed if I'd brought her with me. Mierin sighs as she thinks over the last job. This was a bad job. A lot of loss. Seymour, I barely knew you. Lahz's father. Many others. Hopefully we'll get a break from having to save the world for a couple of weeks. Mierin gives Shadow a pat on the head before lying down on her bed. Thanks to Vheld's spell, she doesn't really need to sleep, but she chooses to have a nap.

After her nap, Mierin gets up and has a shower. Since she has plans to meet the others for drinks, Mierin doesn't braid her hair, letting it down past her shoulders. Drying her hair, Mierin thinks, I should get a haircut. Maybe before the next mission. Mierin gets dressed in black jeans and a dark grey v-neck sweater with black boots. She then heads out to run a few errands before meeting up with the others for drinks.

(Mystic Quarter - Shrine of the Warrior)
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Ronan » Tue May 19, 2020 7:19 am

JiC: 1d100 = 53 / 1d20 = 16
Perception [24%]: 1d100 = 41

Ronan's first order of business is the unpleasant surprise he needs to check his KLS in with the local authority, which he does so with a frown and takes the recall chip. To the Defenders, he adds, "Anything happens to that weapon, and there will be hell to pay. Believe me." He knows they likely receive such threats daily, but just for good measure. I will slam through those walls like a juggernaut, no way a pansy group or security guards would stop me either. Heh, I might do it naked just to scare the hell out of them

Ronan follows the rest of the group to the base, and is impressed by its structure and security systems. He'll approach whoever he sees first, preferably Lahz or one of the other identified senior members. "I need to know where to drop my stuff and where I can take a shower, I think most of my old gear is in the garage. Also, there was a thing of getting paid for that whole mess? I'm not from this world, so if you've got a brochure on how things work, that'd be swell."

Barring any of that, he still has plans to go to the bar to celebrate his newfound victory and does so.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe | Venenifer
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Tue May 19, 2020 12:59 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 45
PER: 1d100 = 81 vs. 76%

Vheld returns to the Haunt silently. At last. Now to get to work on this thing. He sends Slithn off to the now much roomier minion living area in the Haunt's basement, then settles down for a quick nap. Hours later, Vheld is up and ready to work- yet he finds himself restless, and thinking of the others congregating for 'fun.' I despise fun. Yet, Wakiza's last words to him echo in Vheld's mind. If nothing else, this experience showed me that the mercenaries in this town can be a force to be reckoned with. Will and his company are already indebted to me- it would be foolish not to exploit a resource like that when the time comes. Perhaps I shall go to this party. Vheld heads out, but not before checking the time and making sure he's punctual to open a rift and retrieve Lahz. Vheld will also take care of a minor bit of shopping before he departs.

As he picks up Lahz, Vheld will also open another rift back to Stormspire- assuming they're open for business. With Slithn in tow, he will search out a store offering TW garments- a TW shadow cloak to be precise. Keeping an eye on Slithn to makes sure she stays in line, Vheld will seek to conclude his business quickly. "Good day. I desire a garment- something to make me a little less conspicuous on the field, to be worn over my armor." Assuming he can get one at a reasonable price, Vheld will pay and return to MercTown posthaste.

Rarity
Rarity in the magic zone = rare. Two successful checks required, suggested -10% penalty.
Lore: Magic- 1d100 = 36 vs. 94%
Invoke Trust- 1d100 = 73 vs. 70%
Research- 1d100 = 40 vs. 59%
Streetwise (Slithn)- 1d100 = 90 vs. 90%
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Talismans: 2/3 on Vheld IA; 2/3 on Sil IA and FatE; 2/3 on Sshir, IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Mierin » Tue May 19, 2020 3:56 pm

(rolls held over)

Mierin returns to the Haunt after her errand and retrieves Shadow from her room and heads back downstairs, checking to see who is around.

Ronan follows the rest of the group to the base, and is impressed by its structure and security systems. He'll approach whoever he sees first, preferably Lahz or one of the other identified senior members. "I need to know where to drop my stuff and where I can take a shower, I think most of my old gear is in the garage. Also, there was a thing of getting paid for that whole mess? I'm not from this world, so if you've got a brochure on how things work, that'd be swell."


Mierin nods at Ronan. "I can show you around. I was just getting back from taking care of personal business out of town, but I think we have some empty rooms on the fourth floor where you can store your gear." Mierin gives him a quick tour of the place. "There's a training room on the second floor, you'll find the kitchen on the third floor along with a common area." Mierin heads up to the fourth floor and opens a door and peeks her head inside. "This looks empty to me. You've got an attached bathroom with the room so you can get cleaned up." Mierin moves to the side so Ronan can enter the room and check it out.

Mierin smirks at the brochure comment and shakes her head. "I don't think we have any 'So you've crash landed on an alien world' brochures, but I'll answer any specific questions if I can. As for how we get paid, I'm going to talking to Lahz about that when he returns." Unless Ronan has any other questions, Mierin says "I'll be in the common room with Shadow waiting for the others before heading out to the bar." Mierin gestures to the rottweiler robodog beside her before heading down to the common room to relax before heading out.
Last edited by Mierin on Tue May 19, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Sum of All Fears » Tue May 19, 2020 3:59 pm

Vheld makes his stop at Stormspire prior to picking up Lahz. Given how resently they were just here there are many shops that seemed to keep items from K'azza. It takes several stores but Vheld is eventually able to find what he desires. A slight female TW greats Vheld, "Good day sir. I'm Patricia. A shadow cloak. Rare to find one of those, even here. But you are in luck I just finished one this morning. Unfortunately with K'azza's antics we have had to increase our prices. The cloak will run you three hundred fifty thousand credits (350,000)." Patricia looks at Vheld expecting a counter argument for the price.
M.A.R.S. GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC)
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Wed May 20, 2020 9:17 am

JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 8
PER: 1d100 = 2 vs. 76%

Sum of All Fears wrote:"Good day sir. I'm Patricia. A shadow cloak. Rare to find one of those, even here. But you are in luck I just finished one this morning. Unfortunately with K'azza's antics we have had to increase our prices. The cloak will run you three hundred fifty thousand credits (350,000)." Patricia looks at Vheld expecting a counter argument for the price.
Vheld waves his hand and snaps, mildly impatient. "Fine, fine, whatever. Just take it." With barely a second thought, he swipes his cred-stick, takes his purchase, and proceeds on his way. Later, after his return to MercTown he decides it's time to meet up with the others at the Ogre's Den. With luck, this new look will dissuade any irritants. Slithn, he will keep in her dungeon- but as always, Sil pads along silently, unwilling to leave her master's side.

((--> Ogre's Den))
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Talismans: 2/3 on Vheld IA; 2/3 on Sil IA and FatE; 2/3 on Sshir, IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Thu May 21, 2020 12:23 am

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 90 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: 1d100 = 12

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [heartbroken] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder PA, Sustain (18 Days)

ISP: 165/221

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 36




Thanking Vheld for coming to get him early, the Psi-Tech steps through the portal from the outskirts of Psyscape and into the garage at the Haunt. He motions for Ray to stack items through the rip in reality and will assist with crates and/or Mierin's hovercycle as needed. Once everything is through, Lahz exits his PA, *Going to need to have that brought down to the Defenders' lockup later ... tonight though I am just going chase oblivion at the bottom of a bottle ... maybe raise a glass to the old man.*

"Ray, leave 2 cases of Rum here, put 3 cases up in our lounge, bring the rest of this stuff up to my quarters on the top floor" he directs the droid.

    [20] Holographic Personal Computer [DB2 Phase World, Pg 143]
    [4] Augmenting Helmet (Psionic), [DB2 Phase World, Pg 128]
    [2] Telepathic Communicator [DB2 Phase World, Pg 128]
    [2] Multi-Tool [DB2 Phase World, Pg 143]
    [50] Bottle of Dragon Rum [from the Thundercloud Galaxy]

Tapping the Drone-Command Gauntlet on his forearm, the Psi-Tech radios Kit (Droid) to find out where his wife (Aurelia) is, "Just got in Kit. Any problems while we were out? Kaiya Ok? ... "
Last edited by Lahz on Thu May 21, 2020 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Zzazz » Thu May 21, 2020 2:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 27 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 19
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 6
APM: 4

Conditions:
- PPE: 103 / 103 at end of post
- ISP: 156 / 156
Sixth Sense (always on / +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind / 1st round only)

Skills -
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35% / 1d100 = 63


Post -
After walking for a few steps, Zzazz realizes he is alone. Looking back, Zzazz sees Slithe just staring at wall. Watching his friend, ”What are you doing? Do you know something i dont?” Zzazz walks back to his mount, gets on, and closes his eyes. ((Open self to SN))

”Oh Spirits, guide my path. I received the sign from Slithe, I know you lead me on the right path. Please assist me once again. Is there anyone(thing) out there who may assist?” Zzazz just sits and waits for the spirits to answer. He feels his left arm tingle. He lets the arm move as it wants ”Feels like i am being manilated.” ’I trust you!” He feels the pressure ease and opens his eyes. Zzazz’s finger is less than an inch from a buzzer. ”The Wall? At least there is a door. And a buzzer. Well, the spirits have not led me astray as of yet.” With a full body shake, and a clearing of his throat, he presses the buzzer.


Once someone answers -

Zzazz stands there quietly. ”Hello, I am sorry to disturb you but i was guided to this location. I feel as if i may be of assistance in some way. If so, please tell me or if not, i will be on my way. “
User avatar
Zzazz
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:26 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Fri May 22, 2020 12:59 am

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 15 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: 1d100 = 69

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [heartbroken] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder PA, Sustain (18 Days)

ISP: 165/221

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 30



Lahz dons his Roadrunner armor for a trip about town ...
Image

He then straps on his pistol sidearm, a enchanted belt knife, and pockets one of the Holographic Personal Computer [DB2 Phase World, Pg 143] he still want's to play with. After finding his wife and daughter for a reunion and a quiet family meal, the Psi-Tech wanders down to the garage with Ray in tow, "You are chauffeur tonight Ray. No hammer needed, but keep your sidearm in the leg compartment holster."

The Psi-Tech lifts the 2 cases of Bottle of Dragon Rum [from the Thundercloud Galaxy] into the back seat of his Road King Armored SUV, and tosses Kaiya's toys and booster seat into a bin in the garage, *Badass Merc-boss rolls up to the bar sitting on a squeaky toy, teddy bear on his lap ... Hehehe well let's try Triax, then we can go out for a few more hours and go see the people.*

"Let's check out Triax's goodies before the bar Ray."

[[ Kraus Imported Arms ]]
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby The Apothecary » Fri May 22, 2020 10:54 am

Lahz:

Lahz, grateful to be home, drops most of his newly acquired items and heavy gear down. Then radios his robot for an update, "Just got in Kit. Any problems while we were out? Kaiya Ok? ... " The crisp robotic voice answers immediately, ”Of course sir. Everyone is well. They are currently shopping for a surprise for you. Mrs. D'Gemmel has forbidden me from telling you what it is under threat of taking me down to my base components sir. She does wish for me to convey her wish to dine with you for lunch.” Lahz feels his mood improving. His family is safe. Lahz can feel some of the tension easing from his shoulders. Lahz changes into his other PA and meets his family for lunch. When Lahz arrives at Old Grandads Pizza he can see his wife and daughter waiting for him at one of the tables inside. Lahz climbs out of his PA, enters the restaurant, and is greeted by a giggling flash of a tiny human wrapping herself around his legs, nearly tipping him over.
”Kaiya let your father get to the table.” Aurelia’s tone is light and motherly, ”Okay mummy.” Free of his daughter’s embrace Lahz is free to take a seat at the table. They order food and talk about the education system in MT, it benefits, and debate the merits of the schools in psyscape. Nothing is decided and it is more of a conversation that a normal family would have while eating a meal. As the meal draws to a close Kaiya rummages through her backpack and tries to keep something hidden behind her back as see walks up to Lahz.
”I made this for you Daddy. Mummy said you would like it.” She pulls out a beaded necklace bound by thread. Lahz can see the looseness of the knot keeping the clasp on. It will likely require tightening if he is to wear it. ”Here, put it on Daddy.” She also hands him a child's rendering of the three of them standing in front of the Haunt.
When all is said and done Lahz escorts his family home. He changes into other clothes getting ready for meeting up with the other JTFA personnel. ”Don’t be out too late honey.” Aurelia tells him as he leaves. Lahz believes he has gotten most of the toys out of the vehicle, yet one manages to find his foot as he is driving. A small smile graces his face as it bounces off his foot. Lahz puts on a more serious expression as he climbs out of his vehicle at Kraus Imports.


Zzazz:

Opening himself up to the spirits they guide him to the door of the wall. Zzazz and the spirit both feel surprise and disappointment when no one answers. Zzazz feels the spirits fade for a moment then one returns. My friend I know you can hear me. I am Seymour. I wish to say my goodbyes to these people. They are having a final celebration of my last mission.Go to the Ogre's Den. I will show you who to speak to. Use the password ‘Nxla’. I will guide you when you arrive.
"Death may be a small mercy for some. Others come to me for the cure. Temporary or permanent I have it all."

AGM For: AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks

PCs: Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR); Kieko (H4H)

GM: Sum Of All Fears
User avatar
The Apothecary
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Zzazz » Sat May 23, 2020 2:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 60 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 92
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 17
APM: 4

Conditions:
- PPE: 103 / 103 at end of post
- ISP: 156 / 156
Sixth Sense (always on / +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind / 1st round only)

Skills -
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35% / 1d100 = 36


Post -
Zzazz takes a small step backwards as he is spoken to. ’Yesss, i hear you.” He listens as the spirit speaks. With a nod, ”I ssswear i will help.” Zzazz climbs up on Slithe, and with a thought trots toward the ogre’s den. ”You lead, friend Seymour. We will follow as we can.” Patting Slithe’s neck, they continue on.

[url=Ogre’s Den]http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=195&t=7848&p=1373789#p1373789[/url]
User avatar
Zzazz
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:26 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Ronan » Tue May 26, 2020 9:30 pm

[Catch up posting]

JiC: 1d100 = 89 / 1d20 = 5
Perception [29%]: 1d100 = 49

Meirin wrote:"I can show you around. I was just getting back from taking care of personal business out of town, but I think we have some empty rooms on the fourth floor where you can store your gear."


Ronan nods and takes stock of his shattered armors and the like. "Yes, not much survived that whole apocalypse thing, but thank you." He'll follow the tour and then will just hang out in the Common Room with Mierin until they all depart. Lahz is definitely noted as the leader, though Vheld seems to be the deadlier. Not that that matters in terms of leadership. Ronan muses, thinking back to his old crew. He could easily beat anyone on his team in terms of raw strength but many others had him in many other fields, especially games of the mind.

He'll head to the bar when the time comes.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe | Venenifer
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:15 pm

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 11 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 16
JiC D100: 1d100 = 6

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Curious, Interested] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA, Sustain (17 Days)

ISP: 221/221

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 23




Lahz arrives home after a not too-abbreviated night out with the team (too late for Kaiya's bedtime, hopefully not too late for Aurelia :roll: :wink: ). If his bride is up he'll endeavor to keep her awake, if asleep, he'll try to do the same.

The following morning, still under the effects of Vheld's spell (Sustain), he rises early to pull out one of the cutting edge computers he managed to acquire back home in Psyscape and begins tinkering away, *First things first, need to assemble a labor force. That means installing AI's in the Triax automatons, get them up and running so I start handing them piecemeal projects ... the whole process is going to take weeks, maybe months, and the longer we wait, the longer until we go back into the field unless I stay home. I could do that. Aurelia wouldn't mind, hell I retired for her before ... But I've missed it, and I like parts of it.*

**Tinkering Commenced**
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Vheld » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:56 am

Vheld wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 1, Original post: 1d100 = 48
PER: Original post: 1d100 = 91 vs. 79%


After the party Vheld re-enters the Haunt and tromps up to his quarters. It has been a long and taxing day, capping off a long and taxing mission, and even the shifter who normally disdains sleep is ready for bed. He and Sil retire to Vheld’s quarters, where he falls fast asleep- and sleeps the night away, in defiance of his sustain spell.

Over the coming days, Vheld will spend little time around the Haunt. He makes a few trips to the mages’ guild, mostly to use their nexus to re-enchant and recharge his various talismans, and make sure his other magical equipment is up to snuff. Mostly, though, he is nowhere to be found. At some point (late in the day) the day after the party, he will find Lahz and/or Mierin and nonchalantly inform them ”I have work to do outside of this space-time continuum. Sil will be guarding my quarters- speak to her if you need to reach me.” Vheld will then find a sunbeam or somewhere appropriate for Sil to lounge, before casting time hole along with all the materials he still has to study for learning a spell. All-told, he will be gone for about a week. After he emerges, Vheld has some more business to conclude at the collegiate ((will cover that in a future post)).
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (8d remaining)
PPE: 329/329 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 200/200 (Slithn). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 230/230 (Slithn).
Talismans: 2/3 on Vheld IA; 2/3 on Sil IA and FatE; 2/3 on Sshir, IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Sir Thorn » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:20 am

Perception [72%]: 1d100 = 7
JiC D20: 1d20 = 1
JiC D100: 1d100 = 99

Conditions: Combat Awareness: Advanced (Receives = +2 Strike/Parry, +1 Dodge, All Tech Wielding Opponents = All tech based bonuses negated, -1 Attacks, & -2 to Dodge), Titan Plate Armor [-10% SPD, -15% Prowl, -5% Physical Skills // Psionic Electromagnetic Dampers - +2 vs. Psi, +1 vs Illusion/Mind Control], Autododge v Tech, Cloud Sensors & Targetting (Cannot be accurately detected with Sensors)




Thorn shoves his cloak back over his shoulders and keys in a gate code to pass the exterior defenses of the Spooks HQ, but slides out of the saddle to approach the front door rather than head into the lower parking level. A massive armored hand capable of grabbing a man round the waist knocks with an open palm (not quite pounding) on the door, *Should I try the radio? It seems likely they should have all new frequencies and encryption by now ...*

When the door opens (or an exterior camera focuses on him since he can feel that) he waves in a nonthreatening manner, "Hello there! Sir Thorn on return. Is Lahz or Vheld in??"
Sir Thorn
Image
When All else fails put faith in a strong arm and 5 feet of sharp steel...
"Stats"
ISP: 101/101
PPE: 45/45
Personal MDC: 351/351

Constant Effects:
Personal HF 13, Nightvision (300ft), Combat Acrobatics (No penalty to strike when moving or off balance), Combat Awareness: Advanced (vs All Tech Wielding Opponents), Sustain [8 Days]

Weapons:
Battlefury Blade // 6D6 M.D. or 2d4*10 M.D. upon activation
[2] NE-10XL Plasma Cartridge Pistol // 1d4*10 M.D.
AR-M36 Rifle Mini-Missile Launcher // Based on Missile Type

Titan Plate Armor:
250/250 (Main Body) . 75/75 (FF)

Cyber Armor: [Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr]
Main Body/Chest MDC -- 80/80 ● Shoulders -- 15 || 15 ● Back -- 22 || 22 ● Forearms -- 17 || 17 ● Upper Leg -- 22 || 22

*** WR-12 Giant Ion Pistol // 2D6M.D. --- Compartment in Brimstone
User avatar
Sir Thorn
NAC
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:12 pm
Location: Group Leader: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Mierin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:37 am

Perception: 1d100 = 85 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 31

Conditions:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Sustain – duration: 20 days

Returning to the Haunt, Mierin is surprised to see the large Tokanii standing at the front door, hearing him ask for Lahz or Vheld. ”Thorn??" Mierin calls out from behind him, taking care to not startle the former leader of the Squad. ”When did you get back into town? ” Mierin goes around Thorn and opens the door, letting Thorn follow her into the Haunt. Looking back, Mierin explains as she heads toward the kitchen, ”Lahz is spending quality time with the Mrs and Vheld is off doing... whatever Vheld does when he's not working. What's going on?” Mierin gets herself a glass of water and waits for Thorn to respond.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Connie Travis » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:11 am

Perception: 1d100 = 26% (41%)
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 28

Looking up at the tall, stone structure Connie lifts an eyebrow, "I sure hope this isn't a 100% male group compensating for something.", she mutters aloud. Shrugging, she knocks on the door to the building and waits for an answer.
User avatar
Connie Travis
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:20 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Grimloq » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:02 am

Perception vs 31%:1d100 = 97
Thumper Perception vs 20%:1d100 = 73
JIC:1d100 = 34|1d20 = 12
Horsemanship:Cowboy vs 82%:1d100 = 75

Connie wrote: "I sure hope this isn't a 100% male group compensating for something."


Thumper sniggers and Grimloq nods, while not completely understanding Connie’s remarks. As he views the massive tower above the outer walls Grimloq lets out a cloud of blue smoke from his nostrils. ”I have seen ruins less ominous than this tower.” Grimloq breaks into a low chuckle as the mental image of the tower covered in Christmas lights invades his noggin. ”I am sure it is all for show. I would be surprised if we found an outfit who calls themselves ‘the Spook Squad’ operating out of anything less menacing.”

As they approach the main entrance, Grimloq will pull the chit carrying the letter of introduction out of his bandolier and hold it in his massive hand as Connie knocks on the door. Taking a step back, he will shift the small cigar in his mouth to the other side and take a deep inhale. ”This is very centrally located. I would have preferred a complex a little more… remote.” Grimloq idly complains as they wait. He shrugs.

When the door is answered, Grimloq will proffer the introduction chit. ”Mr. Fixer-Jones sent us your way. He said to talk to a ‘Mr. Lahz D’Gemmel’ about some long term work.” Grimloq removes his hat as he speaks, respectfully.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:121/121

HomeSpun Armor
Helmet: 0/33 Wrecked
L. Arm: 15/15 | R. Arm: 15/15
Body: 0/31 Wrecked
L. Leg: 15/15 | R. Leg: 15/15

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: 0/18 Wrecked 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 30/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Sir Thorn » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:38 am

Perception [72%]: 1d100 = 40
JiC D20: 1d20 = 11
JiC D100: 1d100 = 73

Conditions: Combat Awareness: Advanced (Receives = +2 Strike/Parry, +1 Dodge, All Tech Wielding Opponents = All tech based bonuses negated, -1 Attacks, & -2 to Dodge), Titan Plate Armor [-10% SPD, -15% Prowl, -5% Physical Skills // Psionic Electromagnetic Dampers - +2 vs. Psi, +1 vs Illusion/Mind Control], Autododge v Tech, Cloud Sensors & Targetting (Cannot be accurately detected with Sensors)




Mierin wrote:Returning to the Haunt, Mierin is surprised to see the large Tokanii standing at the front door, hearing him ask for Lahz or Vheld. ”Thorn??" Mierin calls out from behind him, taking care to not startle the former leader of the Squad. ”When did you get back into town? ” Mierin goes around Thorn and opens the door, letting Thorn follow her into the Haunt. Looking back, Mierin explains as she heads toward the kitchen, ”Lahz is spending quality time with the Mrs and Vheld is off doing... whatever Vheld does when he's not working. What's going on?” Mierin gets herself a glass of water and waits for Thorn to respond.


The Cyberknight interrupts a knock with a hand still in its backswing and turns to Mierin thrilled to see a friendly face. He follows her inside and up to the kitchen, "Aha! The Spooks are in town then, excellent. I have been travelling from deep in Old Mexico pretty much day and night for the last week ... I had a dream about some big nasty thing named Nxla. Around the Rio Grande I ran across this old mind melter named Petrov and he had a vision too but he could not keep up. This thing is going to be bad I mean bigger than that Kali many armed goddess that gave us trouble back in the old days ... huge. Like the size of the Palace over across the way ... so, I figured I should come back and give you guys an assist before ... y'know it eats the Magic Zone and heads south for the Pecos ... "

He pulls a canteen off his belt and shoves it under the faucet for water, "anyways ... this may take precedence of Lahz's latest roll in the sheets."


OOC: Not addressing the Grimloq, Connie entrances because they are probably still out at the Gate by the street, and they are not getting to the Haunt until the following morning.
Sir Thorn
Image
When All else fails put faith in a strong arm and 5 feet of sharp steel...
"Stats"
ISP: 101/101
PPE: 45/45
Personal MDC: 351/351

Constant Effects:
Personal HF 13, Nightvision (300ft), Combat Acrobatics (No penalty to strike when moving or off balance), Combat Awareness: Advanced (vs All Tech Wielding Opponents), Sustain [8 Days]

Weapons:
Battlefury Blade // 6D6 M.D. or 2d4*10 M.D. upon activation
[2] NE-10XL Plasma Cartridge Pistol // 1d4*10 M.D.
AR-M36 Rifle Mini-Missile Launcher // Based on Missile Type

Titan Plate Armor:
250/250 (Main Body) . 75/75 (FF)

Cyber Armor: [Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr]
Main Body/Chest MDC -- 80/80 ● Shoulders -- 15 || 15 ● Back -- 22 || 22 ● Forearms -- 17 || 17 ● Upper Leg -- 22 || 22

*** WR-12 Giant Ion Pistol // 2D6M.D. --- Compartment in Brimstone
User avatar
Sir Thorn
NAC
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:12 pm
Location: Group Leader: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Ronan » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:48 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 25 / 1d20 = 20
Perception [34%]: 1d100 = 22

Once his merry-jig is done getting the jetpack, clothing and forcefield generator, he'll return to the Haunt to touch bases with the crew.

He'll seek out Lahz or Mierin first. "I picked up a Jetpack and Forcefield for more mobility and extra protection. Hopefully, this will make it both less cumbersome and less expensive in the long run. Let me drop off this gear to my room. I need to check on a new supplier for my KLS, but we can deal with that later. Are we expecting anyone else? "
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe | Venenifer
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Mierin » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:32 am

Perception: 1d100 = 39 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 52

Conditions:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Sustain – duration: 20 days

The Cyberknight interrupts a knock with a hand still in its backswing and turns to Mierin thrilled to see a friendly face. He follows her inside and up to the kitchen, "Aha! The Spooks are in town then, excellent. I have been travelling from deep in Old Mexico pretty much day and night for the last week ... I had a dream about some big nasty thing named Nxla. Around the Rio Grande I ran across this old mind melter named Petrov and he had a vision too but he could not keep up. This thing is going to be bad I mean bigger than that Kali many armed goddess that gave us trouble back in the old days ... huge. Like the size of the Palace over across the way ... so, I figured I should come back and give you guys an assist before ... y'know it eats the Magic Zone and heads south for the Pecos ... "


Mierin listens to Thorn's story and looks a bit surprised. ”Oh the giant squid monster? We already took care of that. It was the Squad and a couple of other groups – MARS and the Roughnecks. We pretty much decimated its cult and pushed it back to whatever hell it originally came from with the help of some spirits.” Mierin looks sombre as she adds, ”It was pretty brutal. The MARS team was almost completely wiped out. We took some losses as did the Roughnecks. We definitely could have used you.”

When Ronan arrives and asks if they're expecting anyone else, Mierin gestures toward Thorn. ”Well, there's this guy. Rook, this is Thorn. He was the leader of the Squad when I joined up. Thorn, this is Ronan, the FNG. Not a bad fighter. He was almost useful.” The corner of Mierin's mouth lifts up, showing this was meant as a playful jab and not an insult. Mierin raises an eyebrow ”You expecting anyone to show up?”
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Ronan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:12 am

[Rolls Held]

Mierin wrote:”Well, there's this guy. Rook, this is Thorn. He was the leader of the Squad when I joined up. Thorn, this is Ronan, the FNG. Not a bad fighter. He was almost useful.”


Ronan smirks at the jab and shrugs. "'Bout as useful as someone brand new to this neck of the universe. I show up out of, what was it called, a rift? And day one, it's the walking dead that laugh at my punches, people slinging spells, and an octogod with a superiority complex. Thorn, is it? Ronan Deshe, 3rd Lieutenant, Arismal Defense Force formerly, it seems." He says extending a hand to the Tokanii. "The one who can bend reality, Vheld, offered me a place here to Lahz. Mierin's been helping me orient since we got into town."

Mierin wrote:”You expecting anyone to show up?”


Ronan shakes his head. "Not me. I'm more just curious if I've met the whole crew yet. I've got an idea for any new people that don't know what I can do, or haven't seen this place." He grins and leans in closer to Mierin, "Set me up in the entry-way and I'll go silver and stay still -- like a statue. Treat me as a statue and make sure to show them. Maybe like a 'Definitely don't touch this' sort of thing, then I jump at them to Spook them. Cause, ya know, Spook Squad? Huh? " He offers in jest. "Okay, I know, cheesy, but still. Find enjoyment where you can. It could be worth it."
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe | Venenifer
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Sir Thorn » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:35 pm

*ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD*

Perception [72%]: Original post: 1d100 = 40
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 11
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 73

Conditions: Combat Awareness: Advanced (Receives = +2 Strike/Parry, +1 Dodge, All Tech Wielding Opponents = All tech based bonuses negated, -1 Attacks, & -2 to Dodge), Titan Plate Armor [-10% SPD, -15% Prowl, -5% Physical Skills // Psionic Electromagnetic Dampers - +2 vs. Psi, +1 vs Illusion/Mind Control], Autododge v Tech, Cloud Sensors & Targetting (Cannot be accurately detected with Sensors)




Mierin wrote:Mierin listens to Thorn's story and looks a bit surprised. ”Oh the giant squid monster? We already took care of that. It was the Squad and a couple of other groups – MARS and the Roughnecks. We pretty much decimated its cult and pushed it back to whatever hell it originally came from with the help of some spirits.” Mierin looks sombre as she adds, ”It was pretty brutal. The MARS team was almost completely wiped out. We took some losses as did the Roughnecks. We definitely could have used you.”


The steel canteen abruptly crumples in Thorn's massive fist like it was a berry full of juice, the Tokanii's brows knit and for several seconds he silently seems to be inhaling and exhaling to find calm. It doesn't take too long but it is noticeable, "Oh well that's good. Glad you did not need me, sounds like Lahz and the old familiar faces survived. I am not familiar with MARS or the Roughnecks I don't think ... and I was in between killing marauding bands of vampires anyways. So a trip back here wasn't a waste, it would be nice to sleep in a reasonably sized bed."

Mierin wrote:When Ronan arrives and asks if they're expecting anyone else, Mierin gestures toward Thorn. ”Well, there's this guy. Rook, this is Thorn. He was the leader of the Squad when I joined up. Thorn, this is Ronan, the FNG. Not a bad fighter. He was almost useful.” The corner of Mierin's mouth lifts up, showing this was meant as a playful jab and not an insult. Mierin raises an eyebrow ”You expecting anyone to show up?”


Thorn drop the canteen's remnant into the sink with a soft clatter and shakes his hand out over the sink to dry it. He listens to Ronan's response with a chuckle and accepts his hand with a not quite terrifying steak knife-lined grin and a handshake that could envelope hand and arm up to the elbow (if not circle the Arismal's waist), "A pleasure Ronan. Not a bad fighter and almost useful? From her that means you are probably better than me hehehe ... "

Ronan wrote:Ronan shakes his head. "Not me. I'm more just curious if I've met the whole crew yet. I've got an idea for any new people that don't know what I can do, or haven't seen this place." He grins and leans in closer to Mierin, "Set me up in the entry-way and I'll go silver and stay still -- like a statue. Treat me as a statue and make sure to show them. Maybe like a 'Definitely don't touch this' sort of thing, then I jump at them to Spook them. Cause, ya know, Spook Squad? Huh? " He offers in jest. "Okay, I know, cheesy, but still. Find enjoyment where you can. It could be worth it."


The entire proposal seems odd to Thorn, "Silver? ... I don't get it. What can you do?" he offers a questioning side-eye to Mierin as if to inquire, *A Crazy?*
Sir Thorn
Image
When All else fails put faith in a strong arm and 5 feet of sharp steel...
"Stats"
ISP: 101/101
PPE: 45/45
Personal MDC: 351/351

Constant Effects:
Personal HF 13, Nightvision (300ft), Combat Acrobatics (No penalty to strike when moving or off balance), Combat Awareness: Advanced (vs All Tech Wielding Opponents), Sustain [8 Days]

Weapons:
Battlefury Blade // 6D6 M.D. or 2d4*10 M.D. upon activation
[2] NE-10XL Plasma Cartridge Pistol // 1d4*10 M.D.
AR-M36 Rifle Mini-Missile Launcher // Based on Missile Type

Titan Plate Armor:
250/250 (Main Body) . 75/75 (FF)

Cyber Armor: [Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr]
Main Body/Chest MDC -- 80/80 ● Shoulders -- 15 || 15 ● Back -- 22 || 22 ● Forearms -- 17 || 17 ● Upper Leg -- 22 || 22

*** WR-12 Giant Ion Pistol // 2D6M.D. --- Compartment in Brimstone
User avatar
Sir Thorn
NAC
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:12 pm
Location: Group Leader: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Ronan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:19 pm

[Rolls Held]

Sir Thorn wrote:"Silver? ... I don't get it. What can you do?"


"Oh, Forgive me. I actually figured this out recently. Check it out." Ronan says, with something of a grin. Wearing his newly acquired clothing, Ronan opens his palm to show Thorn a small amount of liquid silver in his palm that quickly erupts to a silver sword in his hand. "Neat, huh? I can make almost any type of melee weapon so far. Even made a shovel. There's also this." He continues as the silver then coats his entire body, cloths and all. Yes, I knew I could cover my cloths with it as well! Just took some figuring.

Ronan rolls his neck amid the silver coat of armor, letting the sword dissipate. "I chalk it up to my body reacting to this brand-new environment and giving me a way to combat it." He adds.

"When I landed, everything I had with me but my armor and weapon got destroyed, so, I adapted." Ronan finishes, letting the silver coating of armor vanish. "But just think of it, me at the foyer with someone who doesn't know me. They will just think I'm a silver statue, then, Pop, I jump at them." He restates for Thorn, his dark and rather dry humor showing.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe | Venenifer
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Sir Thorn » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:40 pm

*ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD*

Perception [72%]: Original post: 1d100 = 40
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 11
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 73

Conditions: Combat Awareness: Advanced (Receives = +2 Strike/Parry, +1 Dodge, All Tech Wielding Opponents = All tech based bonuses negated, -1 Attacks, & -2 to Dodge), Titan Plate Armor [-10% SPD, -15% Prowl, -5% Physical Skills // Psionic Electromagnetic Dampers - +2 vs. Psi, +1 vs Illusion/Mind Control], Autododge v Tech, Cloud Sensors & Targetting (Cannot be accurately detected with Sensors)




The Tokanii cocks an eyebrow at the fellow in the welder-looking goggles as he exhibits his newfound talent, "So, you landed here via rift and stumbled into the Spooks and mutated to develop a silver-power? More than a large piece of luck there. When my people came here a few decades back fleeing the destruction of our homeworld they landed near a Coalition base ... like a bunch of angry black hornets they proceeded to machine-gun men women children and aged ... slaughtered thousands. My father still talks of it ... Queen here wears armor like them. If you see em in the future, be very wary about letting them know you have some kind of power. They have a very raw hatred of anyone from off-world, especially if you are pretty like I am."

He looks briefly over to Mierin, "I'm surprised Lahz doesn't have him cranking out bars of silver down in the garage, or coins with his smug Elvish face hehehe ..." then turns back to the Arismal, "could be worth a laugh, make sure the internal cameras are on in case you get an image worth putting on a T-shirt."
Sir Thorn
Image
When All else fails put faith in a strong arm and 5 feet of sharp steel...
"Stats"
ISP: 101/101
PPE: 45/45
Personal MDC: 351/351

Constant Effects:
Personal HF 13, Nightvision (300ft), Combat Acrobatics (No penalty to strike when moving or off balance), Combat Awareness: Advanced (vs All Tech Wielding Opponents), Sustain [8 Days]

Weapons:
Battlefury Blade // 6D6 M.D. or 2d4*10 M.D. upon activation
[2] NE-10XL Plasma Cartridge Pistol // 1d4*10 M.D.
AR-M36 Rifle Mini-Missile Launcher // Based on Missile Type

Titan Plate Armor:
250/250 (Main Body) . 75/75 (FF)

Cyber Armor: [Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr]
Main Body/Chest MDC -- 80/80 ● Shoulders -- 15 || 15 ● Back -- 22 || 22 ● Forearms -- 17 || 17 ● Upper Leg -- 22 || 22

*** WR-12 Giant Ion Pistol // 2D6M.D. --- Compartment in Brimstone
User avatar
Sir Thorn
NAC
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:12 pm
Location: Group Leader: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Mierin » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 45 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 9

Conditions:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Sustain – duration: 20 days

The steel canteen abruptly crumples in Thorn's massive fist like it was a berry full of juice, the Tokanii's brows knit and for several seconds he silently seems to be inhaling and exhaling to find calm. It doesn't take too long but it is noticeable, "Oh well that's good. Glad you did not need me, sounds like Lahz and the old familiar faces survived. I am not familiar with MARS or the Roughnecks I don't think ... and I was in between killing marauding bands of vampires anyways. So a trip back here wasn't a waste, it would be nice to sleep in a reasonably sized bed."


Mierin raises an eyebrow at Thorn and points to the now crumpled steel canteen. ”You all right there, big guy?” Mierin shrugs ”At least Nxla has been defeated and world isn't going to end anytime soon.” Miern nods ”Lahz and Vheld survived. Carl was gone when I met up with the group. Not sure where he went or why he left.”

he offers a questioning side-eye to Mierin as if to inquire, *A Crazy?*


Mierin shakes her head at the unspoken question. ”He's a little crazy, but not A crazy.”

Staying quiet as Ronan shows Thorn what he can do and explains how he ended up here, Mierin continues drinking her water. She had had more alcohol to drink than usual and the last thing she needed was a headache when she woke up the next morning. Wait? Can you even get a hangover with that sustain spell? Mierin wonders to herself. She gets herself another drink of water deciding she doesn't want to risk it.

When Ronan pitches the idea of having him be a silver statue in the lobby to scare any possible new recruits that may come their way, Mierin is surprised into laughing. Grinning mischievously, Mierin nods. ”I like it.” More laughter escapes Mierin when Thorns asks if Lahz was going to make silver bars or coins with his face on it. ”I could see him doing either of those things.”
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Ronan » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:45 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 81/ 1d20 = 7
Perception [34%]: 1d100 = 28

Lore, DBees [29%]: 1d100 = 53 (ID Thorn)

Thorn wrote:"So, you landed here via rift and stumbled into the Spooks and mutated to develop a silver-power? More than a large piece of luck there. When my people came here a few decades back fleeing the destruction of our homeworld they landed near a Coalition base ... like a bunch of angry black hornets they proceeded to machine-gun men women children and aged ... slaughtered thousands. My father still talks of it ... Queen here wears armor like them. If you see em in the future, be very wary about letting them know you have some kind of power. They have a very raw hatred of anyone from off-world, especially if you are pretty like I am."


Ronan shrugs. "Luck, or the act of some external power, maybe both. I've never known the gods to get involved but what with the whole Octogod Nxla, rifts, magics and what not, what I know has proven to be very limited." Ronan mentions then thinks on Thorn's own mention of his own homeworld. Another who has lost their home. A terrible ordeal for anyone to suffer through. He thinks before adding. "I'm not familiar with any other of my people on this planet, we became largely nomadic among the stars after the destruction of our homeworld. We had just begun colonizing a new world when I landed here by accident. Thanks for the tip on this Coalition, luckily I can get by just fine without this silver ability. Are they a major power to be overly concerned with or just a disparate group of rebels?" Ronan asks, dropping his silver armor and lifting his goggles, a certain greyish hue visible in his eyes.

Thorn wrote: "I'm surprised Lahz doesn't have him cranking out bars of silver down in the garage, or coins with his smug Elvish face hehehe ..."


Ronan laughs but shakes his head. "Everything I can do with the silver is temporary. Lasts a few minutes at most, save the armor and the weapons, those are indefinite. But I can't pass the weapons around, leaves me, it poofs. Otherwise, I'd gladly make silver plating or coins." Ronan says with a grin. Ronan pauses and glances back at the large alien, Thorn. "By the way, what are you? I've seen plenty of alien races during my time but none quite like you." Ronan asks rather blunty.

Mierin wrote:”I like it.”


Ronan clasps his hands together and nods. "Excellent! Just give me a heads up when we get a FNG then." Ronan says with a grin, then pauses. "Oh, that reminds me, I need to grab my old gear from the garage and bring it to the room you showed me. Everything is still in the duffles since we all went out right after we got back. I also need to go back out and find a real supplier for those rounds you helped me get, thanks for that by the way." He adds to Mierin.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe | Venenifer
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Sir Thorn » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:00 pm

*ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD*

Perception [72%]: Original post: 1d100 = 40
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 11
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 73

Conditions: Combat Awareness: Advanced (Receives = +2 Strike/Parry, +1 Dodge, All Tech Wielding Opponents = All tech based bonuses negated, -1 Attacks, & -2 to Dodge), Titan Plate Armor [-10% SPD, -15% Prowl, -5% Physical Skills // Psionic Electromagnetic Dampers - +2 vs. Psi, +1 vs Illusion/Mind Control], Autododge v Tech, Cloud Sensors & Targetting (Cannot be accurately detected with Sensors)




Thorn nods to Ronan and shrugs a bit, "So, there's a more time limit with the Silver eh? Well, that happens. Lots of magic is temporary. The Coalition? Yeah they are huge, millions of them ... big techno power with a bunch of cities. Make war on anything that comes through a rift, and even neighboring magic cities of native folks ... My people are called the Tokanii." When the Arismal heads for the garage, Thorn will bid Mierin good night and turn to head upstairs to crash on the 6th floor (adjacent to Vheld).
Sir Thorn
Image
When All else fails put faith in a strong arm and 5 feet of sharp steel...
"Stats"
ISP: 101/101
PPE: 45/45
Personal MDC: 351/351

Constant Effects:
Personal HF 13, Nightvision (300ft), Combat Acrobatics (No penalty to strike when moving or off balance), Combat Awareness: Advanced (vs All Tech Wielding Opponents), Sustain [8 Days]

Weapons:
Battlefury Blade // 6D6 M.D. or 2d4*10 M.D. upon activation
[2] NE-10XL Plasma Cartridge Pistol // 1d4*10 M.D.
AR-M36 Rifle Mini-Missile Launcher // Based on Missile Type

Titan Plate Armor:
250/250 (Main Body) . 75/75 (FF)

Cyber Armor: [Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr]
Main Body/Chest MDC -- 80/80 ● Shoulders -- 15 || 15 ● Back -- 22 || 22 ● Forearms -- 17 || 17 ● Upper Leg -- 22 || 22

*** WR-12 Giant Ion Pistol // 2D6M.D. --- Compartment in Brimstone
User avatar
Sir Thorn
NAC
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:12 pm
Location: Group Leader: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:25 pm

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 45 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 17
JiC D100: 1d100 = 37

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Curious, Interested] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA, Sustain (17 Days)

ISP: 221/221

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 53




Haunt External
  • Fenced and gated lot
  • Alphanumeric security keypad access at gate
  • Security Provided by Comitatus Security Group
  • Monitor CCTV coverage of lot
  • CCTV surveillance is augmented by infrared and motion detecting sensors built into the cameras.
  • A CSG rapid-response squad will respond to any property violations per contractual arrangement.

    (2) NE-020 Combat Drones
  • Programmed to patrol and defend property against aggressors.
  • Procedurally consistent with MercTown laws.

OOC: Grimloq and Connie, I am assuming you guys do not jump the fence and trot past the armed hover droids to the actual front door.

Connie & Grimloq wrote:As they approach the main entrance, Grimloq will pull the chit carrying the letter of introduction out of his bandolier and hold it in his massive hand as Connie knocks on the door. Taking a step back, he will shift the small cigar in his mouth to the other side and take a deep inhale. ”This is very centrally located. I would have preferred a complex a little more… remote.” Grimloq idly complains as they wait. He shrugs.

When the door is answered, Grimloq will proffer the introduction chit. ”Mr. Fixer-Jones sent us your way. He said to talk to a ‘Mr. Lahz D’Gemmel’ about some long term work.” Grimloq removes his hat as he speaks, respectfully.


When the gate buzzer rings, Lahz glances up from his workshop bench, "Ray!? ... Alfred?! ... Anybody? Someone wanna get that?? ... Or not! That's Ok I'm just busy building a robot army. Please, let me get the door!" *Stupid ass machines ... * The Psi-Tech wanders over to the intercom to check the Gate-Camera to see a Grackle-Tooth and a human girl, "Mornin, whatcha want? This is Lahz ... Oh Fixer eh? ... I guess. Had not been expecting company so give me a few ... lemme disarm the minefield, and get the drones off autofire an you can come on up to the door. "
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Wayne Northblade » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:49 am

Perception: 1d100 = 25/46%
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 35

Fresh from a spate of losses at the Palace Casino, Wayne walks the streets of the Hub toward the large and noticeable tower peeking out along the skyline. It says this is it. Just ask for the leader of the Spook Squad, hand them the letter and as Slaine said 'THE REST WILL BE REVEALED'. Get it together Knightshade. This is your defining moment.

Wayne walks up to the fence and looks for a doorbell or other method of signaling those inside the building. In a proper and polite, yet important tone, Wayne says "Hello. My name is Sir W.C. Northblade. Here with a message for the leader of the Spook Squad. May I be permitted access to your grounds... Please." The last words lose the facade of civility and belie his more impatient tendencies. And hurry the fuck up while you're at it.
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Grimloq » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:23 am

Perception vs 31%:1d100 = 80
Thumper Perception vs 20%:1d100 = 65
JIC:1d100 = 52|1d20 = 18
Horsemanship:Cowboy vs 82%:1d100 = 46

Lahz wrote: "Mornin, whatcha want? This is Lahz ... Oh Fixer eh? ... I guess. Had not been expecting company so give me a few ... lemme disarm the minefield, and get the drones off autofire an you can come on up to the door. "


As the intercom clicks quiet, Grimloq cannot help but feel a certain amount of respect. If those are what they publicize, I wanna know what they are hiding up their sleeves.

Grimloq will wait a long moment before trying the gate door. Assuming it opens freely, he will open it and motion for Connie to lead the way. ”Ladies first.” Walking across the courtyard, the Grackle will let loose a slow whistle. ”These folk are the definition of prepared. I have seen less defended border stations. How often do you need a minefield in the middle of a city like this?” Grimloq muses more to himself than to Connie or Thumper.

Thumper, for her part stays close behind Grimloq, her head low as they enter, ready for danger. ”Don’t worry girl. I have a feeling that if Mr. Fixer Jones wanted us dead, there would be less elaborate ways than sending us to this ancient tower.” He will motion for her to wait as they arrive at the base of the tower.

[[Assuming Ronan is doing his thing]]
Once at the front door, Grimloq will make a point once again to open the door for Connie but let her walk through first. He will remove his hat once properly inside the building. He will let loose another whistle as they enter the facility itself. ” From dastardly to decadence, huh?” Grimloq will eye the silver statue appraisingly. ”How much do you think that thing is worth? Maybe just an arm…” Grimloq muses. ”Who do you think he was? Their founder? Mascot?” Grimloq will chuckle. ”Mr. Spook himself?”

Grimloq will keep an eye further into the facility for any welcoming party, but figures the statue is as good a place as any to wait to be greeted. He is sure there is some long-winded story about why this human deserves a statue, and he is mentally preparing himself to have to hear it.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:121/121

HomeSpun Armor
Helmet: 0/33 Wrecked
L. Arm: 15/15 | R. Arm: 15/15
Body: 0/31 Wrecked
L. Leg: 15/15 | R. Leg: 15/15

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: 0/18 Wrecked 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 30/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Ronan » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:46 am

JiC: 1d100 = 31 / 1d20 = 11
Perception [34%]: 1d100 = 20

Impersonation [50%]: 1d100 = 13 (Pose like a statue)
Disguise [69%]: 1d100 = 4 (Look like a Statue)
Prowl [69%]: 1d100 = 66 (Quiet and Still as a statue)

[If Someone attempts to attack Ronan, he will attempt to dodge]
Dodge Roll: 1d20+11 = 30

When Ronan hears the buzzer and then Lahz's grumblings from elsewhere in the workshop/garage, Ronan will smile like a kid in a candy shop and dart up back to the foyer! Intercepting Lahz, he'll say "Hey, hey! Lahz, trust me. Silver statue time! It'll be worth it, even Mierin said so." He says in a loud whisper voice and then will trigger the earpiece he was given, unless he actually sees Mierin. "Mierin? Still got your ears on? Gonna try to spook some people at the gate if Lahz let's em in! See if my crazy idea works. Try to make them see me!" He says, not hiding his sadistic humor.

When Lahz reacts to the door and unarming it, Ronan silvers up in just his goggles, T-shirt and pants. He quickly creates a block of silver to sit on then takes a seat, creating a silver sword and posting it to the ground and holding it with his right hand. Bringing his right leg up and resting it on his knee, he leans forward and places his left elbow on his thigh and rests his head on his hand as if in contemplation. Then, he waits.

When he sees Connie, Grimlock and Wayne, he'll wait until either he is passed, or until one of the other existing members shows the guests where he is. When they move their eyes away from him, he'll jump at them with a loud. "Welcome! To the Haunt!" Then will freeze again, standing, like a statue.

Invoke Intimidation [24%]: 1d100 = 19
tenor-5.gif
tenor-5.gif (56.66 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe | Venenifer
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:15 am

*ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD*
Perception [45%]: Original post: 1d100 = 45 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 17
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 37

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Curious, Interested] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA, Sustain (17 Days)

ISP: 221/221

Telemechanics [99%]: Original post: 1d100 = 53




Haunt External
  • Fenced and gated lot
  • Alphanumeric security keypad access at gate
  • Security Provided by Comitatus Security Group
  • Monitor CCTV coverage of lot
  • CCTV surveillance is augmented by infrared and motion detecting sensors built into the cameras.
  • A CSG rapid-response squad will respond to any property violations per contractual arrangement.

    (2) NE-020 Combat Drones
  • Programmed to patrol and defend property against aggressors.
  • Procedurally consistent with MercTown laws.

Wayne Northblade wrote:Wayne walks up to the fence and looks for a doorbell or other method of signaling those inside the building. In a proper and polite, yet important tone, Wayne says "Hello. My name is Sir W.C. Northblade. Here with a message for the leader of the Spook Squad. May I be permitted access to your grounds... Please." The last words lose the facade of civility and belie his more impatient tendencies.


When the gate buzzer rings again Lahz had located Ray and was in the midst of buttoning up his walking-around PA (Roadrunner) and strapping on his sidearm but the sound mildly annoys him, *Are they ringing again? What the bloodyhell? ... and where are Alfred and Kit? ... Kaiya must have them doing a tea party or something.* He jogs back over to check the monitors only to find that this ringer is not the same duo and is instead a human messenger in a FreeRunner Exoskeleton, *Busy morning. Saw those exoskeletons in Kraus' yesterday, I wonder if he's here with a message on a new shipment of FreeRunner Automatons because that would be useful. I mean I really would like to get up to a complement of like 6 of these things to keep construction going round the clock ... Did he call me Sir or did he call himself Sir? Like a knight thing? ... Ehhhh we'll see.*

Reaching out he taps the intercom, "Well the minefield is off and the drones are off autofire, just push on the gate and come on up to the door. I am on my way down." He waves Ray to take up a spot to his back left before heading down. He will not bother with Vheld, but will stop briefly at Mierin's door to knock and advise her they have a couple applicants at ground level, "You can come meet em or go back to bed whichever."

At ground level he spots a sudden new silver-statue-scene-thing that looks like Ronan and is a hairsbreadth from a team-radio dressdown on installing random statues of junior members in common areas when it starts talking, *Oh that's right.* If Mierin is with him, Lahz will look back over his shoulder with a curiously raised eyebrow, but otherwise shrugs, "Ok" and waves for Ray to open the front door.

Out front he ostensibly spies Grimloq, Connie, and Northblade, "Good morning all, My name is Lahz, conference room is over there to your Left. Please head in and take a seat unless ..." he stops and directs a question at Northblade, "your message was just dropping something off. Are you here from Krauss'? I had been hoping they would find more of those to sell ..." (if/when Northblade says 'No' Lahz will just send him to take a seat.)

Ronan wrote:When he sees Connie, Grimlock and Wayne, he'll wait until either he is passed, or until one of the other existing members shows the guests where he is. When they move their eyes away from him, he'll jump at them with a loud. "Welcome! To the Haunt!" Then will freeze again, standing, like a statue.


Still standing by the door, Lahz suppresses a sardonic smile into a simple smirk as he watches for a reaction.
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Grimloq » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:38 am

Perception vs 31%:1d100 = 56
Thumper Perception vs 20%:1d100 = 3
JIC:1d100 = 86|1d20 = 18
Horsemanship:Cowboy vs 82%:1d100 = 60

*outside the gates*
Seeing Wayne join the small group at the front gates, Grimloq will give him a polite nod, but keep most of his attention on the gates. This place is more popular than it appears it seems.

*inside the Haunt*
Turning back to Connie for a moment, Grimloq will search his pockets for the stub of cigar he knew he had secreted away in there. The man let us enter, how long does he intend for us to wait? To Connie, Grimloq asks;”So girl, have you heard of this Spook Squad befo-“

Ronan wrote: "Welcome! To the Haunt!"

”What the-” On instinct, Grimloq swings around with a solid punch, aiming at the statue that is suddenly a lot closer than it once was.

Punch!(aimed):1d20+10 = 30| 2d4+15 = 18MDC CRIT!

”-fuck?” Grimloq does not catch his reaction until his punch is thrown. Did that statue just…? Of course, idiot! Another security measure.

With such a solid connection, the Grackle is surprised when there is a loud *pop!* Grimloq will grunt, his eyes widening for half a second, before he lets off a low, soft groan. He will growl slowly as he retracts his hand, tenderly. ”That did not hurt at all.” He will mutter carefully, babying his wrist and hand.

Eyeing the statue suspiciously, Grimloq will rub his sore hand with the other. ”Are you a robot? You sure are shiny.” Grimloq had heard of magical beasts that appeared as statues, gargoyles?, but he had never come across one in real life before.
Last edited by Grimloq on Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:121/121

HomeSpun Armor
Helmet: 0/33 Wrecked
L. Arm: 15/15 | R. Arm: 15/15
Body: 0/31 Wrecked
L. Leg: 15/15 | R. Leg: 15/15

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: 0/18 Wrecked 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 30/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Ronan » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:51 am

[[Rolls Held]]

As the large reptilian man rears around, Ronan watches in near slow motion as a giant scaled fist impacts his silver face with a loud ding, hard. Moving his head with the impact but his body staying stationary, Ronan can't help but smile. He's got a solid punch.

As Grimlock retracts his hand tenderly, Ronan turns his head back towards him and extends a hand. "Nice hit, you've got a solid punch and good reactions to things jumping at you. We should arm wrestle some time. Name's Ronan."

He'll turn to Lahz and Mierin, "See? Worth it!" Ronan states and allows his silver armor to completely vanish so he's standing before them all normally.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe | Venenifer
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Grimloq » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:04 am

[Rolls Carried]

”Thanks.” Grimloq says to the silver man somewhat begrudgingly. He will shake Ronans hand firmly. ”there are not many that can shrug off one of my punches. Grimloq.” Grimloq will say, introducing himself.

The Grackle will make his way into the Haunt, still favoring his wrist, and finds a chair (hopefully) large enough to support him at the table Lahz had indicated. They should have had us enter one at a time. We could have a whole laugh track. Popcorn… Grimloq looks around the room, and not seeing any ‘no smoking’ signs, he pulls out his tobacco bag and begins rolling a fresh cigar. The going is a little slower then normal as he is obviously having some issues with the fine dexterity needed in the hand he hit Ronan with.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:121/121

HomeSpun Armor
Helmet: 0/33 Wrecked
L. Arm: 15/15 | R. Arm: 15/15
Body: 0/31 Wrecked
L. Leg: 15/15 | R. Leg: 15/15

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: 0/18 Wrecked 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 30/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:45 am

*ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD*
Perception [45%]: Original post: 1d100 = 45 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 17
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 37

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Curious, Interested] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA, Sustain (17 Days)

ISP: 221/221

Telemechanics [99%]: Original post: 1d100 = 53




Lahz observes the Grackletooth's spinning fist and sharply landed punch to the smaller Ronan's face with quiet curiosity from his spot by the door.

Ronan wrote:As Grimlock retracts his hand tenderly, Ronan turns his head back towards him and extends a hand. "Nice hit, you've got a solid punch and good reactions to things jumping at you. We should arm wrestle some time. Name's Ronan." He'll turn to Lahz and Mierin, "See? Worth it!" Ronan states and allows his silver armor to completely vanish so he's standing before them all normally.


The Psi-Tech also watches for the reactions of the other two, "I think you and I might be working off of different definitions of the phrase 'Worth it' ...", *and this guy just loves arm wrestling doesn't he? Is it like a cultural obsession or is this unique to 1 strong guy who likes to prove it? ... Hmmmm ...*
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Ronan » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:21 am

[[Rolls Held]]

Grimlock wrote:”Thanks.” ... ”there are not many that can shrug off one of my punches. Grimloq.”


Ronan nods. "I ran into something similar not to long ago. Solid right hook on something and it laughed at me. Either way, best not to keep Lahz waiting." Ronan says and clasps a hand on the back of Grimlock before moving away.

Lahz wrote:"I think you and I might be working off of different definitions of the phrase 'Worth it' ..."


Ronan shrugs. "It's always worth it to see other's strengths and reactions. Better than assuming in my book, anyways." Ronan responds. He's fairly critical. Guess you have to be to be the boss of one of these types of units. Ronan muses before continuing. "While you deal with these new guys, I'm going to see if I can't find a supplier for the KLS rounds. Might need to have them specially made. I'll be on radio." He'll offer a weak-handed salute-like wave before leaving.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe | Venenifer
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Wayne Northblade » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:01 pm

(Rolls held)

Lahz wrote:"Well the minefield is off and the drones are off autofire, just push on the gate and come on up to the door. I am on my way down."

Minefield. Drones. With some more training, that won't be an issue. But for now, tread lightly. Wayne pushes the gate open and widens his view to include the two who were also waiting. He gives the two a polite nod. Walking up with them, he stops when Lahz introduces himself.

Lahz wrote:"Good morning all, My name is Lahz, conference room is over there to your Left. Please head in and take a seat unless ..." he stops and directs a question at Northblade, "your message was just dropping something off. Are you here from Krauss'? I had been hoping they would find more of those to sell ..." (if/when Northblade says 'No' Lahz will just send him to take a seat.)

"Kraus? No. Excellent equipment. My message carries more weight than that. Or so I am told. For the Leader of the Spook Squad specifically." He heads toward the Haunt to take a seat in the conference room. However he doesn't make it but a few steps when...
Ronan wrote:When he sees Connie, Grimlock and Wayne, he'll wait until either he is passed, or until one of the other existing members shows the guests where he is. When they move their eyes away from him, he'll jump at them with a loud. "Welcome! To the Haunt!" Then will freeze again, standing, like a statue.

Wayne instinctively does a Back Flip (1d100 = 74/83% - PASS) away from the source of the danger and comes up with a glowing red shaft of light in the grip of his left hand. "Fuck!" He sees the Grackletooth swing and hit the statue and then the statue starts talking. "What sort of backward fucking pageantry is this?" Mask off, Wayne continues to look at the gathered group with confusion in his eyes. They have a talking statue? They named their talking statue? What in the actual fuck is this place?
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:50 pm

*ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD*

Perception [45%]: Original post: 1d100 = 45 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 17
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 37

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Curious, Interested] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA, Sustain (17 Days)

ISP: 221/221

Telemechanics [99%]: Original post: 1d100 = 53




Sir-New-Guy wrote:"Kraus? No. Excellent equipment. My message carries more weight than that. Or so I am told. For the Leader of the Spook Squad specifically." He heads toward the Haunt to take a seat in the conference room ... Wayne instinctively does a Back Flip (Original post: 1d100 = 74/83% - PASS) away from the source of the danger and comes up with a glowing red shaft of light in the grip of his left hand. "Fuck! ... What sort of backward fucking pageantry is this?"


"Breathe fella. It's okay. Just an impractical joker of a D-bee ... Nice little flip thing ..." the Psi-Tech doesn't flinch at the psi-blade's sudden eruption and stifles a bit of a yawn before waving to Ronan and heading into the conference room to take a seat, "y'see this is why we keep things calm. Please put that thing away. Ray, pistol down. What if someone had spilled a beer? ... Anyways I am Lahz. I am the leader of the Spooks. If everyone has private messages or whatever hand them over and I'll take a look. Or I guess if you have something public, feel free to let the freak flag fly ... y'know whatever floats yer-boat."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Mierin » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:24 pm

(rolls held over)

Conditions:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Sustain – duration: 20 days

Mierin heads up to her bedroom on the fifth floor and realizes that the other room on that floor is empty. She finds Ronan and tells him, ”There's an empty room on the fifth floor as well. If you'd rather stay on the fourth floor, that's fine. I figured I'd let you know.” With that, Mierin heads to bed and get some rest. While she didn't have to rest, Mierin wanted to after the days events.

The next morning, she wakes up and has a quick shower, putting her red hair into a braid. Heading into the kitchen, Mierin is surprised to see they have so many new recruits so quickly. Mierin replies to Ronan over the radio. Copy that. Heading down.” She heads down to the conference room and makes it in time to see Ronan jump at them. She smirks as she watches the reactions of the three newcomers, staying quiet for now until she has something to say.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP: 57/57
SDC: 96/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 160/160
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Ronan » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:45 pm

Mierin wrote:”There's an empty room on the fifth floor as well. If you'd rather stay on the fourth floor, that's fine. I figured I'd let you know.”


Ronan looks at Mierin, "I'll check it out, I haven't actually moved into a room yet. Thanks for the heads up." Ronan responds and will then go to the fifth floor and check the rooms.

"Oh yeah, this room is much better. Totally taking this before anyone else does." He says to no one in specific, then returns to the room on the 4th, grabs all his gear and puts it in the room. He'll make sure to grab the ADF armor from the garage as well. He'll bed down for the night, resigning to find his KLS supplier in the morning.

***

Wayne wrote:"What sort of backward fucking pageantry is this?"


Ronan looks on at the obvious athletic individual after being punched and nods. "Nice reflexes, there. Name's Ronan." He says, being genuine about his statement as his silver armor drops revealing a normal-ish looking man with goggles.

Once his shenanigans are done, he'll look to Mierin and Lahz. "Unless you need me with those three, I'll be back. I heard that Max's Munitions might have an ammo-maker. I have my ears on so hit me up if you need me." He says,

With that, Ronan heads out to Max's Munitions, unless Lahz or Mierin ask him to stay.
Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe | Venenifer
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 293/293
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: [Mega Juicer Combat EBA] || M.D.C. by Location; Helm: 50|| Arm(L): 45 || Arm(R): 45 || Leg(L): 55|| Leg(R): 55|| MB: 130
Carried: [WI-MG15 "Viper" 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine-Gun] || See Equipment Post -- Will declare which setting is being used.
Carried [Secured on belt]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C
Slung over Back: [KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun] || Range: 5,000m | DMG: 1d12x10 MD v. Organic, No-Regen // 1d12x10 MD v Non-Org, Roll Optional Robot DMG Table (UE, pg 353) // 1d8x10 + 1d8 SDC to HP v Organic, + Bleed // 1d12x10 SDC v Non-Organic, Roll on Optional Robot DMG Table. || RoF: 2 APM || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Payload: 12/12
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Wayne Northblade » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:05 pm

(Rolls held)

Lahz wrote:"Breathe fella. It's okay. Just an impractical joker of a D-bee ... Nice little flip thing ... y'see this is why we keep things calm. Please put that thing away. Ray, pistol down. What if someone had spilled a beer? ... Anyways I am Lahz. I am the leader of the Spooks. If everyone has private messages or whatever hand them over and I'll take a look. Or I guess if you have something public, feel free to let the freak flag fly ... y'know whatever floats yer-boat."


"My flips are the things of legend." Wayne lets his psi-sword shrink back into the void and loosens his stance. Shit. That was the leader. Excellent first impression, dumbshit. "Apologies are in order." Wayne bows to Lahz and produces an envelope sealed with a red wax circle (PM Sent).

Ronan wrote:Ronan looks on at the obvious athletic individual after being punched and nods. "Nice reflexes, there. Name's Ronan." He says, being genuine about his statement as his silver armor drops revealing a normal-ish looking man with goggles.

"Sir W.C. Northblade the Fifth. You're a man, not a statue. Interesting."

He'll follow Lahz in to the conference room and have a seat while waiting for a response to the letter.
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Grimloq » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:10 pm

Perception vs 31%:1d100 = 50
Thumper Perception vs 20%:1d100 = 15
JIC:1d100 = 46|1d20 = 7
Horsemanship:Cowboy vs 82%:1d100 = 31

Lahz wrote:” ... Anyways I am Lahz. I am the leader of the Spooks. If everyone has private messages or whatever hand them over and I'll take a look. Or I guess if you have something public, feel free to let the freak flag fly ... y'know whatever floats yer-boat."


Grimloq take a moment form rolling his cigar and fetches the comms chit out once again. He will slide it across the table in Lahz’s direction. ”Mr. Fixer-Jones sends his regards.”Will they care if I smoke this in here? Should I ask? Grimloq continues to roll his cigar.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:121/121

HomeSpun Armor
Helmet: 0/33 Wrecked
L. Arm: 15/15 | R. Arm: 15/15
Body: 0/31 Wrecked
L. Leg: 15/15 | R. Leg: 15/15

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: 0/18 Wrecked 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 30/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:01 pm

*ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD*

Perception [45%]: Original post: 1d100 = 45 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 17
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 37

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Curious, Interested] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA, Sustain (17 Days)

ISP: 221/221

Telemechanics [99%]: Original post: 1d100 = 53




Lahz takes the letter with the wax seal from the acrobatic applicant and sets it on the table in front of him, *Formally foreboding perhaps? ... Who the hell is this kid supposed to be?* he turns the letter over a few times before breaking the seal, his eyes scan back and forth across the page and he cocks an eyebrow quizzically, "Do you know what this says?" and listens to whatever response is given.

When the big d-bee slides the chip with the letter of introduction over the Psi-Tech slots it into his Drone Command Gauntlet to take a quick look, "Yup ... letter of introduction to the Spooks from Fixer ... we may be able to use your skills eh? You were Grimloq, and young lady, your name? ...” (once he gets a name), "alright Grimloq and [ostensibly] Connie, please tell us what skills you have that we are or should be looking for."
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Grimloq » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:47 pm

[Rolls Carried]

of course, this is an interview and not a job offer. Grimloq pauses in his cigar making as he takes his first lick to set the outside tobacco leaves.

"I like making Dead Boys dead." The Grackle tooth says matter of factley. Do I have to kill one, or both of the other applicants for this position?

Grimloq looks to Connie. She is good with a rifle. What else can she do? He will look to Wayne. the man has some reflexes- the way he jumped away from ronin. Along with some mumbo jumbo abilities...

"I am a rancher and bandit by trade. I take pride in both professions." Grimloq finishes his cigar and eyes it from a myriad of directions for imperfections. "Mr. Fixer-Jones did not say what you might need me for. If you have a herd of livestock I am able to care for them. If you have need of some heavy cavalry or infantry needs, I am also your Grackle." Grimloq pauses to consider what else he might add. "I have experience in demolitions and traps also. Oh, and I'm a Grackle that can fucking shoot straight." Grimloq finishes his skill list by lighting his cigar in three succinct puffs. "Is there a physical exam as well? I promise I'm cancer free." Grimloq grins through a pillow of blue smoke, all the while his left hand slides to the grip of his shotgun.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:121/121

HomeSpun Armor
Helmet: 0/33 Wrecked
L. Arm: 15/15 | R. Arm: 15/15
Body: 0/31 Wrecked
L. Leg: 15/15 | R. Leg: 15/15

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: 0/18 Wrecked 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 30/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Wayne Northblade » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:50 pm

(Rolls held over)

Lahz wrote:Lahz takes the letter with the wax seal from the acrobatic applicant and sets it on the table in front of him, *Formally foreboding perhaps? ... Who the hell is this kid supposed to be?* he turns the letter over a few times before breaking the seal, his eyes scan back and forth across the page and he cocks an eyebrow quizzically, "Do you know what this says?" and listens to whatever response is given.


"Do I know what it says? I was told it was my future. And not to open it on pain of death. Hence me guarding it with my life upon my trek to this..." Dusty shithole with fuck-for-brains Defenders and a Casino that can't even make a decent Winged Vengeance?! "locale... Hence me giving it specifically to the leader of the Spook Squad as instructed." Wayne pauses, doubt forming on his browline. "Why? What does it say?"

Wayne listens as Grimloq gives his spiel. Impressive. A Grackle who can shoot and farm. Maybe I'll hire him to chase the coyotes out of my yard next spring.
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Postby Lahz » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:40 pm

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 37 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 19
JiC D100: 1d100 = 47

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Curious, Interested] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA, Sustain (17 Days)

ISP: 221/221

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 64




Wayne Northblade wrote:"Do I know what it says? I was told it was my future. And not to open it on pain of death. Hence me guarding it with my life upon my trek to this..." Dusty shithole with fuck-for-brains Defenders and a Casino that can't even make a decent Winged Vengeance?! "locale... Hence me giving it specifically to the leader of the Spook Squad as instructed." Wayne pauses, doubt forming on his browline. "Why? What does it say?"


Grimloq wrote:"I like making Dead Boys dead." The Grackle tooth says matter of factley [...] "I am a rancher and bandit by trade. I take pride in both professions." Grimloq finishes his cigar and eyes it from a myriad of directions for imperfections. "Mr. Fixer-Jones did not say what you might need me for. If you have a herd of livestock I am able to care for them. If you have need of some heavy cavalry or infantry needs, I am also your Grackle." Grimloq pauses to consider what else he might add. "I have experience in demolitions and traps also. Oh, and I'm a Grackle that can fucking shoot straight." Grimloq finishes his skill list by lighting his cigar in three succinct puffs. "Is there a physical exam as well? I promise I'm cancer free." Grimloq grins through a pillow of blue smoke, all the while his left hand slides to the grip of his shotgun.


The Psi-Tech's face is largely impassive throughout the recitations [including Connie's if there is one], "There are no livestock here, and I do not think we've had a bandit on the Squad before ... well none that aspired to the label so directly. It's all well and good if you dislike the Coalition. We don't work for them and they would not want us to. The Spooks include D-bees and magic users. We have a senior member who keeps a couple demons as housepets ... if that makes you uncomfortable, this is not the group for you. We are pretty selective with our choices of jobs, and in all blunt honest we probably won't be leaving Merctown for a couple months. So if you are itching to get back out in the field, if you are getting just a bit desperate because you haven't killed anyone this week. If you lack the capacity and self-control for City-living ... well this is not the team for you."

He turns slightly to look at Northblade, "Your letter is from someone named Lord Morturus Slaine who claims fame with the Cyber-Knights. He says we should call you Buttons and that you'll work for free for the next 12 months ... No, no I'm kidding but that would have been funny. Now I am not sure of the prestige this letter should carry. He says you are trained as one of his Knightshades, which I am going to be wholly honest with you sounds like knights who like sunglasses. I cannot fault that fashion choice but it really does not get one to something I can rely on. Basically what this letter suggests is that you have the abilities but not the morals of a cyber-knight and that your mentor felt those morals were some kind of weakness."

A quiet breath later Lahz continues, "Fixer's introduction comes with other implicit indications of trustworthiness and ability to work within a team, Sir Slaine's does not. I have a family here and I am not putting them at risk, and having those morals makes it a hell of alot easier to have you where they sleep. These two <thumbs at Grimloq and Connie> are surely dangerous folks or Fixer would not have sent them to our doorstep. Yet, the half-dozen Coalition Juicers that died for killing my wife the first time were plenty tough themselves; so I hope I am abundantly clear in my warning that none of you will bring trouble to our doorstep. By the way Mr. Grimloq that also means should you wish to sign on here, you will contain your smoking to your quarters or take it outside because as charmed as I am that you don't have cancer, my 4 year old does not need the crap off those things in her lungs. The Spooks are not a pack of apple-pie do-gooder mercs. We are results oriented professionals. This team gets paid-by-the-job, not on a monthly salary. Yesterday all senior members received a payout of 1 million credits. It is not egalitarian where everyone gets an equal share. If you are broke, well we stock the Kitchen. If you are flat broke, come talk to me and you can take a loan against future earnings, 50,000-60,000 no problem. Junior members, that would be you folks, are afforded quarters here at the HQ ... or I suppose if you wanted we also have a Hangar out at the airport ... but it's not exactly quiet out there, it's an airport."

The Elf's is plainly serious as the grave as he looks over to Mierin, "Did I miss anything?" (OOC: He Mierin can mention Thorn got in last night), then he will turn back to the applicants, "Any questions?"
Lahz D'Gemmel
OOC Comments
ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Next

Return to The Hub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests