Crossed Signals

Into the Breach: The 110th begins their operation.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Crossed Signals

Postby CS High Command » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:00 am

Crossed Signals
    Date: January 16, 110 PA
    Time: 0615 by end of post.
    Temp: 7° outside, a brisk 60° in the hallways and 65° in most rooms.
    Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: There are multiple ley lines in the ruins of Old Chicago 80 miles away, but none in Chi-Town itself.
    Location: Coalition States Psi-Battalion Headquarters - Chi-Town; Briefing Room 2287-Delta

Three Days ago
The officer's meeting with the Major is perfunctory really. There are some organization issues, and he sees their requests and nods. "As for Leighton, if you've got time for the surgeries, that's fine, but most of our surgeons are pretty booked. I can make sure you get an OR and support staff though. I got a request from one of our researchers that they want to try some experimental grounding gear on one of Culter's assigned armors. First thing when you get back, figure out what you'll need for the next mission and then get it sent over. The Colonel approved the project herself. I'll be honest, it sounds a lot voodoo, but the science behind is sound from what I'm told."

Smith pauses and continues after taking a drink of his coffee. "As a heads up, we're getting chatter of something going near one of listening posts over near Lazlo. Something with demons or something. I'm not really sure. We've been experiencing communications issues of late. I'm going to send a team out with you as far as the listening post to hopefully repair it. Once they are done, you'll continue on with your real mission. I hope to have more intelligence by the time you all get back. Anyway, once you've got those new forms done for everyone, go ahead and knock off. Get you and your men out of here. You've earned it."

1900-2200, night of the 15th.
After their time off, most of the squad feels refreshed. After the events of their last mission, it turns out they all needed it. Last night, before rack time, each of them spoke in turn to one of the counselors assigned to the team. They had what amounted to a friendly conversation, but the more savvy among them recognized directed questions looking for their state of mind. Later that night, Howlett got a note that it was recommended that Karl get some downtime for medical leave. Concerns about stress and his mental state. Every SOG commanding officer has to deal with it. Unknown to many, the CS does constant mental health screens of their operatives and soldiers. The stress they deal with fighting for humanity is more than anyone can bear on their own.

0600, Morning of the 16th
As the squad begins their day, some working out, some taking an extra few minutes in the shower, others reading one thing or another, they all revel in the memories of their few days off. Uniform of the day is the standard duty fatigues worn around the base. The Master at Arms had messaged each of them separately about an inventory the squad would have to do by 1700 today. It was just more busy work - a day in the life of a soldier not on deployment. The briefing room is stocked with bacon sandwiches, pastries, coffee, and juice, complements of the Major.

So it is that the squad gathers, discusses current events, and readies for their deployment. So what is everyone around the base talking about?
Recently a commando platoon out of Fort Resilience in Old Chicago used artillery and missile fire, plus their own massed fire to eliminate a demon force five times their number, including some never before seen armored vehicles that according to the scuttlebutt was not just magical, but seemingly made of souls - whatever that means.

Howlett, Egan, and Mane all hear that Freeman was promoted to Captain and was taking over a new platoon based out of Fort Resilience, the 17th.

Mane actually hears from Caesar - he's leading a team of three other dog-boy scouts as lead dog under their platoon. Their squad is 8 dogboys and 3 psi-stalkers and a regular human staff sergeant in charge. He seems happy.

Culter receives a note from his brother Tony. In the end it's nothing major, just talking about current events, but it's more than he normally receives. He does mention that he and Sam will be doing a joint operation in the coming weeks, though he is necessarily light on details of any sort.

Reports have been coming in about movement in the Hivelands. Something has the Xiticix stirred up. The Tolkeen Occupation Zone is likewise stirred up and casualties are mounting in the region - not an alarming rate, but a noticeable one.

And more and more, scuttlebutt talks about demons moving in the north. One soldier with a brother stationed in Iron Heart says the demons are raiding Coalition settlements, but only remote ones. As often as not they take prisoners. A team reported saving almost a hundred people that were being marched to a ley line nexus to go to whatever hell the demons had in mind for them.

In the south there is talk of a scuffle involving El Dorado State forces out of Fort Jericho and some outfit called the Tomorrow Legion. Details are scarce though, and by all accounts it happened over the State's borders. The State forces claimed victory, but scuttlebutt says it wasn't much of one. These Legionaries got away and there were casualties among the senior leadership at the battle.

Lt. Torretto passed them in the hall on the way to his own briefing and after catching up for a few seconds, went on his way. No one discussed the previous mission though.

All in all, though, it was a morning like any other. A briefing on their next mission would come soon.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby James Howlett » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:31 am

Perception: 1d100 = 96/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16; 1d100 = 40
Conditions: None.

At the Meeting
CS High Command wrote:"As for Leighton, if you've got time for the surgeries, that's fine, but most of our surgeons are pretty booked. I can make sure you get an OR and support staff though. I got a request from one of our researchers that they want to try some experimental grounding gear on one of Culter's assigned armors. First thing when you get back, figure out what you'll need for the next mission and then get it sent over. The Colonel approved the project herself. I'll be honest, it sounds a lot voodoo, but the science behind is sound from what I'm told."

James nods as he sips his coffee. "I will set up a schedule for the surgeries. I do not mind doing them myself." James replies. "Experimental you say, well if the Colonel stamped it, then we will make sure it happens." James says before taking another sip of his coffee. James scribbles a note on a piece of paper on his desk to tell Cutler.

CS High Command wrote:"As a heads up, we're getting chatter of something going near one of listening posts over near Lazlo. Something with demons or something. I'm not really sure. We've been experiencing communications issues of late. I'm going to send a team out with you as far as the listening post to hopefully repair it. Once they are done, you'll continue on with your real mission. I hope to have more intelligence by the time you all get back. Anyway, once you've got those new forms done for everyone, go ahead and knock off. Get you and your men out of here. You've earned it."

James nods. "I look forward to seeing the intel."

1900-2200, night of the 15th.

While James isn't fond of talking to councilors, he understands that not only is it their job to do so, it's his job to accept it. So James does his best to answer the questions and make it easier on the councilor.

James sits in the common area of the team and listens to the scuttlebutt going on. James types emails to his former teammates, offering them congratulations on their promotions. James also considers what the new rumors floating around mean for his team and himself.

"Anyone got any news they want to share?" James asks noncommittally.
James Howlett
[size=85]"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~Captain James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
PA-08A Special Forces "Striker" SAMAS
CA-7 Special Forces Heavy Dead Boy Armor
CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
C-29 "Hellfire" Heavy Plasma Cannon
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Drummond Leighton » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:06 am

Perception: 30% vs 1d100 = 27 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 82

Drum takes the conversation with the head shrinker as par the course. Still riding high on the fact that his family is wife and children are safe in the mega city, it reflects in his answers. Since the conversion, he'd ridden the line between realism and fatalism, that death had already had come for him once and give him a pass. Now, he's just doing the job he sign up for, punch the clock each day until the inevitable big bad punches him out. He's not angry or scared about dying; if anything, it's disappointment that if he does die, he won't be able to see his children grow up.
Drummond Leighton

Postby Mane » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:05 pm

CS High Command wrote:1900-2200, night of the 15th.
Last night, before rack time, each of them spoke in turn to one of the counselors assigned to the team. They had what amounted to a friendly conversation, but the more savvy among them recognized directed questions looking for their state of mind.

As Mane sat in the large, well-padded chair, he found himself still looking down on the familiar face of Nurse Nancy; the mutant medical expert assigned to him before when he was last in Chi-Town for therapy, addressing his mental issues. It was good to see a friendly face, though the last time he saw her it was after he failed the test, killing a juicer in single combat. His failure wasn't that he defeated his foe, slaying the chemically enhanced man with his bare hands. His failure was in that Mane took pride and pleasure in the way he did it, with blood and gore splattered across the floor. But that was then. Today was a new day.

"... and when I touched that damn blanket of dog ears, all those terrible psychic images cast an even worse light on myself. I could feel it burning at ... I guess my soul, my consciece, my true self. And it was ugly!"

Nurse Nancy jotted a few notes down as Mane spoke, underlined something on the pad twice, and then offered her words of council and comfort to her patient. "I'm glad you're finally putting some things in perpective. That's healthy. But the bigger question is how are you coping with these new feelings?"

Mane paused at first, reluctant to share everything with the woman. Even though she had been nothing but supportive in the utmost professional way, the wisening battle cat was well aware that she had protocols and policies that she had to uphold and adhere to. Especially those about certain taboos for those of his kind. "I've been talking to some guys. Guys who feel the same way and came to the same conclusions. And ... well ... the made me realize something. After many years of denial, the road to change can only begin with one simple admission to myself, first and foremost. That as things are, I'm powerless over what they called being a murderholic. And the healing can only begin when I admit this to my friends and family."

Nurse Nancy's jotting pen came to a dead halt at the end of Mane's words. As a medical professional, she knew what kind of group the crazy cat was aluding to. Slowy her eyes turned from her note pad and looked at Mane. "These new friends ... Are they proscribing you follow certain ... steps?

Mane squirmed in his seat a bit before honestly answering. "Uuuuuuuh ... Yeah."

Nancy pressed further, placing her note pad down on her desk in a calm, non-alarming manner, which of course alarmed Mane. "And is there one new friend in particular being extra supportive? A contact you can reach out to if you feel your old tendancies reemerging?"

Mane could feel the heat turning up. Nurse Nancy was too smart for him. She saw right through him and knew what he was up to. He braced himself for another brain surgery, or worse. In no time flat she'd have him singing hippy songs again. But to be true to this new path he was trying to follow, he remained honest, if a little elusive. "Maybeeeeeee? he said with a wince.

With a calm, implackable sigh, Nurse Nancy stood up and slowly circled the desk that separated Mane from her. She placed a nurturing, motherly hand on his massive shoulder and spoke in a warm but dispassionate tone. "Mane, I think this is a good thing. You're finally taking proactive steps to improving yourself. But as your medical advisor and a Coalition officer, I must warn you. This program you're joining may have a supernatural component to it ... at least in philosophy ... be careful and tread light in that area of what you're getting into. You still have a job to do out there. Don't let yourself be ... comprmised. Do you hear what I'm saying?"

As the squad begins their day, some working out, some taking an extra few minutes in the shower, others reading one thing or another, they all revel in the memories of their few days off.

Mane actually hears from Caesar - he's leading a team of three other dog-boy scouts as lead dog under their platoon. Their squad is 8 dogboys and 3 psi-stalkers and a regular human staff sergeant in charge. He seems happy.

Mane hardly slept a wink that night, his head full of thoughts and contemplation. Nurse Nancy and his new friend, the defective Kill Hound, Ruger, gave him much to stew on. So when he checked his digital mail and found a message from his old friend Ceasar, the weary cat took it as a blessing.

Wasting no time, opened up a chat window and recoreded a video message in repy.

"Hey, Shorty! Long time no see! It's good to hear things are working out so wel for you. You're going to be a great leader of that fireteam. I gues that makes you a Coporal now? Well guess what? I'm a bona fide Private now! Not a Spec, but official CSA and buckin' for my first stripe.

Hey, as long as I have your ear for a minute, there's something I want to tell you. You know my little problem? The murder-murder-death thing? Well I see it now. And I know I'm powerless over it. But I'm getting help now, and I'm getting it under control with a little help from ... well ... I don't want to bore you with the details."

Mane then withdrew a silver-looking chip from his pocket and held it up to the camera. Though actually made of cheap aluminum, it boldly spelled out 24 Hours on one side inside of a trianngle, while the chip's obverse had some kind of poem spelled out. Something about sereneity, courage, and wisdom.

"You be safe out there, little buddy!"

0545, Morning of the 16th

Mane was early to the meeting. Being late to the last two, he felt he needed to make amends by being a better soldier to the team and the CS in general. Upon entry he was grateful for the breakfast provided by the Major, and served himself up a generous stack of bacon sandwiches, half a dozen donunts, and one tall black coffee in the biggest mug available.

Eager for the day to begin and get things off a good start, the hulking cat sat upright and was wide awake, despite his lack of sleep.

James Howlett wrote:0600, Morning of the 16th

James sits in the common area of the team and listens to the scuttlebutt going on. James types emails to his former teammates, offering them congratulations on their promotions. James also considers what the new rumors floating around mean for his team and himself.

"Anyone got any news they want to share?" James asks noncommittally.

Mane stood up like a schoolboy about to read off his latest bookreport before the class. "I just want you guys to know that I worked through my little breakdown and ... and I have faith that I have found the truths I need to be a better cat. You can count on me out there no matter what we come up against."
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Sober

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 64/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 110/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 160/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Culter » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:51 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 72 / 1d20 = 19
Perception [44%]: 1d100 = 54

[1900-2200, night of the 15th.]

Culter relaxes on this evening, ensuring to send a message back home that he had safely arrived back with his unit. Not that they know where I am, what I'm doing or anything like that. Still, keeping in touch eases their worries. He muses to himself before throwing on a show and catching some rack.

[0600, Morning of the 16th]

Culter wakes up earlier than most grunts do, going through his normal morning workout routine. If he sees any of the other crew up and about at o-dark-thirty with him going through a workout, he'll stop by. "Hey, up for sparring?" Culter asks genuinely to anyone up and about, if he doesn't spot anyone, he works through his martial training routine solo. He takes a long shower (ten minutes) then moves to get food. Bacon, coffee and a sandwich. He'll tip his head to the major in thanks and then head over to the hanger. He grabs his own to-do list and follows it to the t.

In the hanger, he runs a sys-check on his power armor ensuring it is up to snuff, on all things considered. When he meets up with the others, he fondly remembers his time at Fort Resilience and is in awe at their victory. When Culter checks his message terminal and sees the message from Tony, a small smile creeps on his face. "Go figure." He says lightly as he reads the note about his siblings joint operation. Wish I could join them. He muses, and is glad he and his brother are on talking terms.

Reviewing the report on Xiticix activity, he frowns. I hate those damn things. He thinks to himself and sort of glances over the TOZ Report, not truly caring about Tolkeen unless pertinent. He does note their casualty count with a shrug. Looking over the other news, he shrugged it all off as too far to be concerned with now; except for those poor louts getting marched away by demons. Good job on that save. He mentally notes.

When it is finally time for their own personal briefing on their next mission, he'll meet his team in the conference room. When Howlett asks for news, Culter rolls his shoulders. "Nothing of serious note on my end; gear still up to snuff." He states towards James. He'll look to Mane and nod as the battle-cat makes oath. "Hey, I'm glad you sorted that out. And right backatcha, I got your back." He'll add to Mane.
Corporal Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spooks) | Scythe

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 144/144 || H.P.: 21/21 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-AX15 Blue Hawk] || MDC Updated as Needed, see Gear || P.S. 28 Robotic || All the standard power armor features plus: || IR Searchlight; Range: 1,000' || Enhanced Radar; || Range: 100 miles while airborne || Enhanced Sonar; Range: 50 miles || Built-in Language Translator
|| Nightvision Optics; Range: 2,000' || Multi-Camera System; Telescopic Range: 2 miles

Carried: [NG-IR5 Ion Rifle] || Range: 2,000' | Low DMG: 2d6 MDC, High DMG: 4d6 MDC | Will default to PA weapon system and have this secured on PA
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:31 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 82

Having rescheduled his shrink visit by shout-slurring "Kill all the Dweebs" after his jaunt to the bar that night with John, Egan arrived to the meeting room a little sweaty from having to run halfway across base from his early morning appointment sporting a mild hangover.
"Morning." Egan croaked out as he bee lined for the coffee and bacon sandwiches. Sitting down as far away from everyone that he could get away with, Egan slowly began eating breakfast and drinking his coffee.
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jericho Jackson » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:57 pm

Perception Bonus: 39%/ 51% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 38 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 6
1d100 = 69

At the meeting

Maj. Smith wrote:"As a heads up, we're getting chatter of something going near one of listening posts over near Lazlo. Something with demons or something. I'm not really sure. We've been experiencing communications issues of late. I'm going to send a team out with you as far as the listening post to hopefully repair it. Once they are done, you'll continue on with your real mission. I hope to have more intelligence by the time you all get back. Anyway, once you've got those new forms done for everyone, go ahead and knock off. Get you and your men out of here. You've earned it."

Jackson's metaphorical ears perk up at the sound of this. Demons? That's what I trained for... If it's actual demons, though, we need to be prepped.

Lore: Demons & Monsters 42% 1d100 = 14 (Try to remember any common weaknesses of Demons - SUCCESS)

After the meeting, he pulls Capt. Howlett aside. "Sir. As you know I took Demon Hunter training at the CSATF in New Chillicothe. I'd like to be present to look at whatever intel there is - I may be able to help ID some of these critters and share some of their weaknesses."

For a brief moment, Jackson feels a sour feeling in his gut. Have I overstepped? Surely they have a demon-hunt-trained intel officer who'd looked at the intel already? He dismisses this. Better to ask and be told its unnecessary than to not ask and find out later I should have.

Night of the 15th

His trip to Chi-Town to visit his Aunt weighs heavily on Jericho's mind. Right now her slips are... brief. Thankfully... but I've got to get her into a facility that's going to be able to take care of her... before it gets too much worse. And that's so much harder without her being a citizen... Damn! I need to get that cleared up... Grumbling, he sets himself to unpacking his ruck before making his way to the counselor's appointment.

These guys... I dunno what they're doing poking around in people's coconuts like they do... but somehow, it works. I haven't felt any strong pull to... to do anything stupid... for a while now. So... I better not pull any stunts. I'll go to the appointment as scheduled, answer whatever questions they got, and get it over with. Wouldn't do to have my new boss think something's wrong with me. Briefly, he thinks of Mane, and a sense of... not-quite-right-ness passes over him. Let it go.. He's got his burdens like the rest of us.

Morning, the 16th

Jackson saunters into the briefing room in his fatigues, snags a pair of bacon sandwiches and a cup of java, and stands and eats as the others enter, offering each a coffee-salute and nod as they enter.

Jackson listens to the scuttlebutt with a curious ear. Still on his mind, however, is that they may be facing demons sooner or later. This is, after all, why he joined the CSA. To protect humanity from extradimensional evil. Demons near Lazlo. Demons near Old Chicago. Xiticix acting like someone poked their hive with a pointy stick. More Demons in the north. There's a clear trend here. It's all too easy to think of this stuff as unconnected... and maybe it is. Demon's ain't great planners, and their cooperation game ain't great either... but if it's connected, it's pointing to something big.

Intelligence 54% 1d100 = 4 (try to see the bigger picture - CRIT. SUCCESS)

He tries to picture the map of north America in his head. Old Chicago... Lazlo... and further north... they're not flanking Chi-Town... And in fact there ain't much between Lazlo and Chicago... so... maybe it is random...

Howlett wrote:"Anyone got any news they want to share?"

Jackson shakes his head. I got news, but it's personal, and it's a downer, so... pass.
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 34/34

PA-08A "Striker" SAMAS
M.D.C. by Location:
    Shoulder Wings (2): 80 each
    Upper Arms (2): 70 each
    Hands (2): 25 each
    Legs (2): 130 each
    Main Rear Jets (2): 60 each
    Head: 90
    Main Body: 325
Jericho Jackson

Postby James Howlett » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:22 pm

(Rolls Carried over))

James looks to Cutler. "Cutler, eggheads in R&D want to install some sort of experimental grounding into your power armor. Colonel Black signed off on it. Figured you would like to know." James says to Cutler. "Some vague details of our next mission have crossed my desk. Looks like we may be going to see why something is not communicating with us like it should. As soon as I know more, I will let you all know." James says to the group.
James Howlett
[size=85]"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~Captain James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Culter » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:47 pm

[[Rolls Held]]

Capt Howlett wrote:"Cutler, eggheads in R&D want to install some sort of experimental grounding into your power armor. Colonel Black signed off on it. Figured you would like to know."

Culter cannot hide the smile the creeps onto his face at the news. My little brother could well end up being one of those eggheads in a few years. He thinks fondly before responding. "That's awesome. Just let me know if I need to do anything to facilitate it. The armor checks out, I ran a sys-check earlier so it's good for the taking, and subsequent upgrading." Culter says in a quasi-serious tone as he tries to hide the glee. Maybe it'll amplify my abilities or help serve as a counter interference platform. Glad Col Black signed off on it, whatever it may be. Looking forward to it. Culter muses and will otherwise nod in acknowledgement at the vague details Howlett has regarding the next mission.
Corporal Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spooks) | Scythe

Active Abilities:

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-AX15 Blue Hawk] || MDC Updated as Needed, see Gear || P.S. 28 Robotic || All the standard power armor features plus: || IR Searchlight; Range: 1,000' || Enhanced Radar; || Range: 100 miles while airborne || Enhanced Sonar; Range: 50 miles || Built-in Language Translator
|| Nightvision Optics; Range: 2,000' || Multi-Camera System; Telescopic Range: 2 miles

Carried: [NG-IR5 Ion Rifle] || Range: 2,000' | Low DMG: 2d6 MDC, High DMG: 4d6 MDC | Will default to PA weapon system and have this secured on PA
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Major James Smith » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:28 am

Note: Posted as Major Smith for impact; post by CS HC

Crossed Signals
    Date: January 16, 110 PA
    Time: 0645 by end of post.
    Ley Line info: There are multiple ley lines in the ruins of Old Chicago 80 miles away, but none in Chi-Town itself.
    Location: Coalition States Psi-Battalion Headquarters - Chi-Town; Briefing Room 2287-Delta

About five minutes before time, Major Smith walks into the room. He grabs one of the bacon sandwiches and some coffee and then heads over to Howlett and hands him a portable data drive. "This has all the supporting intel on your assignment. Once I give the briefing, feel free to give it a look. You can clear your men to see it if you feel it necessary." He then eats the sandwich in standard military brevity, and washes it down with the coffee and wipes his mouth with a napkin.

He then heads to the podium and motions for them all to sit down. "I'll get right to it. The Coalition has a string of listening outposts on the borders of Lazlo and New Lazo. This shouldn't come as a surprise. One of them is ours and the RCSG's. Basically it acts as a clearing house for infiltration assets working in and around Lazlo. It's set up near a sleepy little village called Londesborough. Not much to it. They welcomed us when we started doing patrols in the area, though I think they thought we were settling in, not just hunting Lazlo. Regardless, they leave our post alone, we leave them alone. We don't have the manpower in the area to properly surpress it, though the outpost is supposed to be the kind of first strike base we could roll into a bigger offensive against Lazlo, if we wanted to. High Command does not want that right now." He says that last sentence to shut down any speculation. "We simply want to continue intelligence gathering. Were it not for recent events, you'd be swinging through the base to get up to date intelligence from the region and heading to your next assignment, but it's stopped reporting in. We had a few operatives swing by and then we recieved this yesterday."

He inserts a drive and a few minutes later has an audio recording playing.
    “To anyone that receives this, my name is Waine Rembrand. I am calling out from the Canadian province of Ontario – a place called Londesborough near the shores of Lake Huron. We came here to investigate rumors about a Coalition facility that fell a couple of weeks ago. We thought the base was destroyed and might be a place to find some salvage."
    “The community of Londesborough is a welcoming community and they are always willing to help, but getting there can be dangerous. If you can find the village, most of the locals are honest and helpful, but some of them are...reserved, withdrawn, with this eerie feeling about them."
    “The location of the outpost still eludes us. We have encountered strange monsters we are totally unable to identify. The area is heavily overgrown and finding our way through has been difficult; we only hope that we can survive long enough to find the way back out. We think the villagers might know where the outpost is, but we didn’t ask, we were simply too arrogant to ask."
    “I believe there are objects there, old relics that...”

The message cuts off with a burst of static and white noise.
"Scouts have reported receiving station keeping responses consistent with a running dark situation. I want you all on site soonest, but a few days prep isn't going to hurt us one way or the other. If the base is operational those interlopers are dead. If the base has fallen, then the first thing to have been purged was the computer. But we need to know. Get your prep done, get me your action plan, and we'll get everything set up. I'd like you wheels up morning of the 23rd, but I can accept up to the 25th if needed. I know Leighton is going to need some recovery time and the eggheads will need some time on Culter's gear. We've got a squad that should be in the area in 3 days to give us a survey from a distance. I've told them not to approach, but give us a head's up as well as come through the village as if nothing was wrong. I'll forward their report as soon as I get it and vet it. "

He pauses and then continues. "If there are objects there, this is the first we've heard of it. But, it is definitely were something would be brought before being shipped across Lake Huron. The base held a full platoon of forty veteran soldiers, plus a squad of skelebots, and three researchers and agents who were the ranking officers. You could find their communications have been knocked out, you could find every one of them dead. I honestly don't know. We don't dare put assets in the field for recon until we have forces on site to deal with the fall out. Second Squad will deploy with you under the command of Lt. Toretto. They'll provide overwatch and security while you investigate, and will hold down the fort if your investigation takes you away from the base proper. I suggest making a foray down to the town itself. You can go flying full colors on this, or you can go incognito. I'll leave the choice to you. The townsfolk are used to seeing Deadboys, so another squad on long range patrol won't surprise them. If you want to bring cover gear and recon the town in cover gear, that's fine too. I suggest your air transport for this, or I can make a Death's head available for dropping ground assets. Let me know your plan by end of day, Captain. Any questions you have I likely have as well. Review the data - I've given you everything we have."

GM Notes
There's time to do the surgery still (you can post it in the thread and get credit for it as normal). I'll have something up for Culter once you all choose what gear you are taking. You guys have an entire squad of support staff to help with any mechanical needs
Ask questions and post rolls and I'll see what other information I can give you. The data drive consists of a bunch of very boring and coded messages. Here's an example:
    "The Primary Peacock strutted about the government house today, ruffled some of the other peacocks's feathers. Talking about demons near the ruins of Detroit, again. Nothing new reported."
It also includes photos of the region, locals, agents and mercenaries, and dossiers of them. No specific names are listed btw - all code names.
All of it very boring long term recon stuff.
That doesn't mean there's no information - just none that you can get just by passively reading it.

GM Instructions: Give me a bit of a montage over the next week as you complete your prep for the mission. Leave room for others to reply to you, interact, etc
Major James Smith
Assistant Game Master

Postby Mane » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:05 pm

Major James Smith wrote:... I suggest making a foray down to the town itself. You can go flying full colors on this, or you can go incognito. I'll leave the choice to you. The townsfolk are used to seeing Deadboys, so another squad on long range patrol won't surprise them. If you want to bring cover gear and recon the town in cover gear, that's fine too.

Mane listened intently to the briefing from Major Smith. As the major spoke, Mane covertly held his 24-Hour chip in the palm of his hand and rubbed it between his thumb and fingers. He found it comforthing and helped his focus. At the end, Mane only had one question. Not for Major Smith, but his own C.O. instead.

Turning to Captain James Howlett, Mane asked to clairify the first order of business. "So, boss man, we rolling in decked out in black, Skull & Bolts proudly flying above our heads, or would you prefer we play dress-up again? Personally I'd prefer the former. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from last time we went in undercover. Either way, we got to sort that out first we know which undies to pack.

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 70/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8; 1d100 = 89

Skills
Computer Operation 1d100 = 42/104% (To navigate the CS computer network.)
Research 1d100 = 77/109% (To pour through the data given to him.)
History: Post-Apocalypse (Specialty in CS History) 1d100 = 81/89%/84% (What does James know about CS operations in that area.)
Cryptography 1d100 = 12/49% (To figure out the code system)
Intelligence 1d100 = 20/58% (Piecing all the info together to make a logical plan of attack.)

At the briefing.

James takes the drive and puts it into one of his pockets, to be looked at later as told. James finds a seat, forgoing a sandwich for a simple cup of black coffee. James takes audio recording of the meeting to make sure he can reference information later. James also makes notes via his implants, appearing on a faint screen in his field of vision, these notes are generally first impressions, and will be used to start his research later. So our current intel is from an unknown third party... not promising, and they are saying they know it was destroyed, also not promising.

When the Major wraps up his briefing, James nods. Reminds me of my first mission with the hundred and first. James thinks sourly. I hope it doesn't end with the same body count.

James looks to Drummond once the meeting is over. "Leighton, I have you scheduled for two surgeries. One is bright and early tomorrow morning Oh eight-hundred hours. The next will be two days later at the same time to allow healing. So no food after twenty hundred hours, or you will likely puke it up." James says in his usual coarse bedside manner.

James looks to Jackson. "I'd like to have a meeting with you at your earliest convenience. We are going to have to go over the data and see what we can sift out of it." James say amicably.

James looks to the rest of the group. "Get your requisitions in, get your gear refitted by the support team if need be. Get some R and R if thats what you want. We will be meeting on the twenty second to go over assignments and operational details. If you are not squared away by then, I do not want to hear complaints." James says in his officer tone.

A Meeting with Jackson.
Sometime after initial briefing, James' office..

When Jackson has time, James will meet him in his office. "Major gave us this to work from. I have only perused it, mostly seems like nonsense, but I understand how covert ops works. We have a few days to dig through it, I'm hoping something useful will be found." James says with a sigh. "It reminds me of my first mission with the hundred and first. relay station went dark and they and the thirty-first were sent in to investigate. In the end it was cultists trying to summon a demonic beast. Lost near thirty soldiers over three days of fighting and investigations." James says as the morose memory comes to him.

James takes a few hours to look through the information, trying to piece together a meaning form the banality of it. Eventually James excuses himself to get other projects done.

Private Work.
Late afternoon, January 16th. A quiet workshop on base.

James sits in a workshop alone with only a few work lights on to see his work. On the workbench next to him, is an ancient AI core, that James has every intention of installing in a new body. Standing, or more specifically mounted to a service rack, is one of the newest Skelebot designs to come out of the R&D labs. James sets to work pulling the AI core from the newer model, the going is slow and tedious as James is not an expert at Skelebot repair. James spends several hours cussing as he misplaces tool, parts, and ultimately his patience. Nothing seems to go right at first, or at all really. Eventually as the hours roll on, James resorts to looking up video tutorials used for standardized training of techs. These make the going a bit better, until eventually James gets the last of the wires connected. Not wanting to put it all back together, before knowing he at least has it hooked up right, James powers up the Skelebot.

James waits with held breath anxiously, as the drone boots up and comes to life, even without a AI core, it would at least start. James looks to his diagnostic computers as lines of code scroll by, and gets a frights when the screen goes blank. James breathes a sigh of relief when he hears Alekzander speak. "Sir, do you have need of my services?"

James shakes his head. "Not at the moment Alekzander, I wanted to make sure I got this right before I closed it up." James says as he begins the pain in the ass part of figuring out which screw goes where, to close up the AI core and make the Skelebot whole again.

Drummond's Surgery
0800 hours Jan 17th, OR room.

James Is up by four thirty in the morning, he showers and dresses for his day, his basic uniform. James makes it to the medical center with a few hours to spare, he uses the time to go over the items being installed, and checking them for quality assurance. By time Drummond arrives, James is in scrubs and proper personal protection equipment, which likely would look very normal if James didn't have four arms. James goes over the necessary medical speech with Drummond, explaining what they'll be doing during this round of surgeries, and what the likely out come will be. Once that is all covered, James moves Drummond into the Operation Room, and sets him up on the table which looks like a cross between a gurney and machinist's table. "We are going to put you under for the procedure and power down your extremities. If everything goes according to plan you will wake up with a good chunk of the hardware you requested." James says before allowing the anesthesiologist to start her work. James looks over the support personnel he's been given for the operation. All competent individuals, this should go like text book. James thinks as he dives into the surgery, which is half surgery and half mechanics. Years of experience and it still amazes me that cyborgs have this much organics running in parts.

OOC Comments
I decided to stop here to wait for a bit of info, if need be I will post a second post and run a briefing for the team.
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Drummond Leighton » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:57 pm

Perception: 30% vs 1d100 = 96 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 37

Drum clomps into the briefing room, his bionic feet creating a reverberating thump on the flooring. He sees the buffet and shakes his head. In my last squad, we were lucky to have a pitcher of water in the briefings. With the 40-4th, it seems like every meeting is just an excuse to eat.

When he sees Doc and the LT, he gives a salute, and then moves off to the side, staying standing, but in a relaxed parade position. He comes to attention when Major Smith enters the room. "Good morning, sir!"

When the major motions them to sit, Drum waves it off and moves to the back to stay out of everyone's way, he didn't feel like taking the time to get his bulk settled in a chair - it wasn't like he get tired.

The briefing itself mostly went over his head. Sounds like a friendly town has been invaded by the spooky. Our job is to get in and do pest control.

Doc wrote:James looks to Drummond once the meeting is over. "Leighton, I have you scheduled for two surgeries. One is bright and early tomorrow morning Oh eight-hundred hours. The next will be two days later at the same time to allow healing. So no food after twenty hundred hours, or you will likely puke it up." James says in his usual coarse bedside manner.

James looks to Jackson. "I'd like to have a meeting with you at your earliest convenience. We are going to have to go over the data and see what we can sift out of it." James say amicably.

James looks to the rest of the group. "Get your requisitions in, get your gear refitted by the support team if need be. Get some R and R if thats what you want. We will be meeting on the twenty second to go over assignments and operational details. If you are not squared away by then, I do not want to hear complaints." James says in his officer tone.

The exposed bottom part of his face mask spreads in a grin, "Sir, yes sir! I'll be there sir. I won't eat, but do you want me to pick you up something? Donuts maybe?"

The next morning, the cyborg is at the bionic clinic the customary 2 hours before surgery. He answers the questions, reconfirms he hasn't eaten anything after 8 p.m. When they call him in, he lies down on the heavy duty gurney, a bit of grin on his face. Upgrade Time! When Doc rolls in to make sure everything is to his satisfaction, Drum says, "Thanks for this Doc, see you on the other side." He lets the anesthesiologist go to work, and he counts down from 10. "10, 9, 8, 7...."
Drummond Leighton

Postby Culter » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:51 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 84 / 1d20 = 4
Perception [44%]: 1d100 = 47

Pilot, Robot and Power Armor [69%]: 1d100 = 29 (System Check on the Blue Hawk and Smiling Jack)
Basic Electronics [70%]: 1d100 = 33 (System Check on the Blue Hawk and Smiling Jack)
Electrical Engineer [50%]: 1d100 = 25 (System Check on the Blue Hawk and Smiling Jack)
Computer Operation [55%]: 1d100 = 43 (System Check on the Blue Hawk and Smiling Jack)
Weapon Systems [60%]: 1d100 = 55 (System Check on the Blue Hawk and Smiling Jack)

Culter will listen intently to the Major's disclosure, taking mental notes. So no direct action against Lazlo, yet. Good first strike potential though, possibly in the future. He ponders as the Major puts the thought to rest. Then, he straightens up upon hearing the recording and nods slightly at the comment of his equipment modifications. So, flying colors for impact or incognito for freedom of movement. Maybe both have their place on this mission. He thinks to himself but otherwise remains quiet amid the briefing. I'll need to run a full sys-check on the Jack too.

Looking to Howlett with the same question as Mane. "So, flying colors or ingocnito. I personally think both may have their purpose on this mission. One for impact and one for freedom of movement, that is, if we can move enough of the gear to make that fly. I need to get with R&D and see what they need from me; and which suit they want. Depending on how we fly will depend on which suit they outfit I imagine. I have no preference either way, though I am am fond of the Hawk." Culter remarks.

He'll look to the Lieutenant, Jackson and add, "I'll be in the hanger making sure both suits are up to snuff, just let me know which one I should prioritize for R&D."

Culter then does a weak, two-finger salute as he cleans his spot up and heads out to the hanger. He'll remain in the hanger for the rest of the day, and will prioritize whichever suit is deemed to be going on the mission. Using the Hawk's sound system to play music as he works on his two suits. Either the Smiling Jack or the Blue Hawk, or both, should a duo-op be chosen, and will work with R&D as required over the few days given.

Active Abilities:

Active Gear:

Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jericho Jackson » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:15 pm

Perception Bonus: 39%/ 51% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 92

JIC: 1d20 = 7
1d100 = 35

Jericho listens to the briefing with interest. 40 vets? And no contact? Yeah that's not good... best case scenario is broken transmitter... But that's almost certainly not what we have here. Someone or other would've fixed it by now, or made the trek to the closest base to report.

Howlett wrote:"Major gave us this to work from. I have only perused it, mostly seems like nonsense, but I understand how covert ops works. We have a few days to dig through it, I'm hoping something useful will be found. It reminds me of my first mission with the hundred and first. Relay station went dark and they and the thirty-first were sent in to investigate. In the end it was cultists trying to summon a demonic beast. Lost near thirty soldiers over three days of fighting and investigations."

Jackson nods. "I gotta admit it doesn't look good. My thought was if it was a downed comms array someone'd have fixed it by now or set out for the closest working radio tower. So... it's probably something ... bad. Very bad."

Jericho reviews the intel provided to try to make sense of it and piece together what he can. The biggest part of intel analysis is seeing what's not there...

Intelligence 54% 1d100 = 8 (do the reports jibe with known operational protocols? If not, where do they diverge? - SUCCESS)
Military Etiquette 65% 1d100 = 1 (to identify any non-mundane diversions from established CS protocol - CRIT. SUCCESS)
Electronic Countermeasures 65% 1d100 = 51 (is there any sign of tampering with the transmissions we do have? - SUCCESS)
History: Post-Apocalypse 55% 1d100 = 75 (Are there any recurring types of incidents endemic to the region this base is in? - FAIL)

Mission Prep Week

Jackson spends the week checking the supplies laid-in for the operation, making sure all ammo cases are topped off, armor is prepped and any repairs made, and all paperwork is (yawn).

At some point he will attempt to corner the Captain. "Sir, crew are wondering which colors we're flying for this op; CS or indy? I'd prefer to go in force, CS colors, let the locals know we look after our own. Of course, if it's a trap we'll be identifying ourselves as the target."

And after that last op, with that psycho spoon-bender, I'd just as soon not wantonly trigger any traps if I can help it.

"Your call, Cap."

During this time, Jackson submits a requisition for some upgraded CS equipment for this mission. I could really use a suit of that Striker SAMAS and a standard CS rifle....

Military Etiquette 65% 1d100 = 65 (My own equipment requisition - SUCCESSish)

Military Etiquette 65% 1d100 = 41 (Equipment requisition, Egan Grey - SUCCESS)
Last edited by Jericho Jackson on Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

PA-08A "Striker" SAMAS
M.D.C. by Location:
Jericho Jackson

Postby Egan Grey » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:50 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 26
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 9

Listening to the Major giving the brief overview of the situation they're going into to investigate tickles Egan's memory, especially after hearing the salvager's intercepted comms.
Major James Smith wrote:
    “To anyone that receives this, my name is Waine Rembrand. I am calling out from the Canadian province of Ontario – a place called Londesborough near the shores of Lake Huron. We came here to investigate rumors about a Coalition facility that fell a couple of weeks ago. We thought the base was destroyed and might be a place to find some salvage."
    “The community of Londesborough is a welcoming community and they are always willing to help, but getting there can be dangerous. If you can find the village, most of the locals are honest and helpful, but some of them are...reserved, withdrawn, with this eerie feeling about them."
    “The location of the outpost still eludes us. We have encountered strange monsters we are totally unable to identify. The area is heavily overgrown and finding our way through has been difficult; we only hope that we can survive long enough to find the way back out. We think the villagers might know where the outpost is, but we didn’t ask, we were simply too arrogant to ask."
    “I believe there are objects there, old relics that...”

The message cuts off with a burst of static and white noise.
-The small little town in the desert, water systems spraying at night to keep the un-welcomed out. A Preacher trying to keep people safe from the Vampire's that had moved in. People acting funny because they had been charmed, or worse willing, to do the 'Master's' bidding. Gallup.- The town's name floated up out of his memory. -Vamp's normally don't move that far north, but I guess it could be possible. Or maybe a cult of some kind is moving in, but is there any major ley lines or nexus points around there? The remnants from the Tolkeen offensive have scattered, I'm sure groups could be sprouting up and taking revenge.-
As the meeting came to its end, and the Battle Cat's question went un-answered, Egan shrugged and planned to re-submit his previous request back through, hoping to cover all the bases.

Note to LT/Doc
Message from Egan wrote: Afternoon LT,
I figured the Doc would be busy with other stuff, so I'm just re-submitting my previous request for gear again, not sure which way we're going to be going with this Op. Gear Request I've CC'ed Doc, just in case. It's a small list, not sure if anything else needs to be added at this time.
Let me know if you have any questions or thoughts,
-Egan
With the paperwork pushed off into more capable hands, Egan switched back over into work mode. Cleaning gear, working out, putting in time on the range, Etc. He's available if someone needs or wants his assistance, but otherwise does what he normally does until the time comes.
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit

Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Tue May 05, 2020 10:50 am

Crossed Signals
    Date: January 24, 110 PA
    Time: 1630 by end of post.

Looking at the transmission logs is both exciting and mind numbingly boring. Jericho can determine that up to the reported outage, reports were proceeding normally. He can only see one major divergence in activity, which coincided with the activity in Tolkeen. During the same time, demon activity in Detroit was also increasing, according to their spies in the Lazlo government. Jericho feels fairly confident that he could probably ID major players in Lazlo and New Lazlo with the information he's gleaned here. He can find no evidence of tampering. Nothing out of the ordinary ever really happens around this town.

Howlett, like Jericho, pours over the reports and soon has a working knowledge of the situation in Lazlo, despite not knowing who the specific players are. Traditionally he knows that the CS has always run intelligence gathering operations not unlike what is being described here. Still, they are generally uncommon and tend to be based in places happy for the protection since they are out of the way.

During the fitting and testing, Culter is surprised when she's told, "Okay, next we're going to expose it to railgun fire. Just brace yourself and keep your field up." Two whole suits are near slagged under these live fire tests over two days. They systematically blow off limbs, the helmet, and more. Two whole suits are ruined, repaired, and ruined again. Culter himself is bruised, beaten, and suffering extreme exhaustion from use of his powers, and the simple stress of being shot at by the R&D guys. But by the end of it he fully knows the limits of the system they've installed.

Drummond finds the surgery goes well and he spends what time can interfacing with and testing his new systems. Most is done in VR as he recovers, but once he's allowed out of bed, he's in the range and obstacle course - testing everything. Everyone else is going over gear, checking it time and time again, checking ammo loads, etc.

The evening of the 21st, the squad gets images from the squad that passes by their destination. There is no movement and the gates are blown open. There are plenty of heat signatures, and someone is moving in the compound, but no clue who. The squad said that no one was talking one way or the other about the listening post, but that it wasn't that unusual.

So it is that the night before go time comes. The squad gathers before bed to talk things over one last time. After that is sleep, and then launch.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby James Howlett » Wed May 06, 2020 1:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 87/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16; 1d100 = 11

CS 40-4 Barracks; Mess area.

James stands in the impromptu meeting room. James is stirring a pot of Chili-Mac, a relatively easy meal, that he learned from a former teammate. Satisfied with the meals consistency, James ladles out a bowl of it and grabs a spoon, before siting down. James looks to Aleksandr, in his new chassis. Grab the jugs of sweet tea and the case of beer from the fridge. James mentally commands towards the modified skelebot. "Foods ready, dig in."

James takes a few bites of his food and looks to the others as they get their food and drinks. James deciding to enjoy a tall glass of sweet tea, instead of alcohol tonight. Once everyone is seated, James clears his throat and begins. "So we are to embark tomorrow morning to investigate why a listening post has gone silent. Recon team has verified that the depot looks like it has been attacked, while it seems quiet there were heat signatures. Lieutenant Jackson and myself have gone over the intel with a fine tooth comb and while everything seems normal for the most part, it goes silent right after Tolkeen begins acting up. Likely we are dealing with some manner of demon incursion, the details are not available as to what though. Would not be the first demons we have fought, likely not going to be the last. We will be taking the bus there, seeing as it is set up to our particular style and I will be honest having that gunship as an option makes me feel a lot better." James says before taking a breake to eat a few bites, and take a long drink of his tea.

"Until we know more we're gonna play this one by our book. We will move into the town under the pretenses of passing through, we will examine the base, and figure out what the issue is. That pretty much is all the plan I can consider without adding an infinite amount of what ifs. I now will open the floor to suggestions and questions." James says before digging back into his meal.
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Egan Grey » Wed May 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 82
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 41

Walking into the mess, towel draped around his neck, Egan moved over to where the food was at to start ladling a portion into a bowl. "Smells good." remarked the scout as he wiggled a finger in his ear. Eyeing the skelebot grabbing drinks from the fridge Egan's mouth opens, then shuts before he moves over to grab a single beer. Looking between the Skelebot and Doc a couple of times, he pops open the beer starts to open his mouth again but takes a swig instead.

With the Doc talking about Demons and flash of various faces enters the scouts mind, a wiff of citrus causes a momentary look of alarm as he finds himself rubbing his shoulder as he looks at the lemons on the counter by the tea. After listening to what the Doc has to say, Egan pipes up as he looks away from the offending fruit. "I hope its those silver dudes, they owe me an arm and a leg." Scratching his head for a moment, Egan continues along a different tack; "Taking the Bus? So not exactly flying the colors, we swinging both ways this run?" as the words left his mouth the corners tweaked upwards childishly at the same time he hung his head down. -You got a way with words....a. way. with. words.-
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Current Penalties:

Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit

Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Wed May 06, 2020 2:40 pm

OOC: It's worth noting that while the bus is red still, it has all the correct logos, symbols, numbers, etc. And it's quirky electronics have mostly been figured out. Mostly. And you have an assigned air crew now.
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Drummond Leighton » Wed May 06, 2020 3:23 pm

Perception: 30% vs 1d100 = 87 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 46

Darkness. A familiar melange of odors: antiseptic, machine oil, bio-mechanical fluid...I'm in a recovery room. Drum's newly enhanced hearing hears a muffled voice, "The patient's brainwaves register wakefulness."

Icons begin appearing in Drum's virtual vision as various systems come on line, temperature, radiation level, altitude, power supply status (normal), ammo drum (empty), weapon systems. Drum opens his eyes and looks around the room. "I've been here before," Drum says casually.

A nurse walks in and says, "Please don't try to get up, let me raise you into position." She presses a button and the bed/work bench rises and tilts until he is almost upright. The nurse types a series of commands onto a terminal. "I've sent the command encryption key to the computer system in your body, you have control. Please try to stand."

Drum, slow at first, but then faster, leans forward and shifts his weight to allow his feet to touch the ground. He stands up and looks around. He feels slightly disoriented. He realizes what it is, "I am taller, maybe a foot?"

The nurse swipes the screen, "6 inches taller. Doctor Howlett had to adjust your spine to accommodate the extra equipment." She turns off the screen and points out the door. "Head out the door and follow the yellow dotted line, that will be the VR rehabilitation room to get you up to speed on your enhancements."

Drum nods and says, "Thanks!" He moves out of the room and into the hallway, he flicks through the various icons in his hud. The combat computer pushing up iconography identifying threat level. circles appearing around holstered weapons. This is so cool!

At the 40-4th barracks, Drum joins the rest of his squad to hear the orders. He grins as he imagines the rest of them giving him jealous side glances at his rig. He asks, "If it's demons, do we want to request silver ammo? Or some of that special stuff the NGR uses?"
Drummond Leighton

Postby Culter » Sun May 10, 2020 6:39 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 93 / 1d20 = 10
Perception [44%]: 1d100 = 18

Time spend as a guinea pig for the R&D folk was well-spent if not brutal, Culter couldn't remember being put through as many hoops since his time at OSUT. Genuinely he's pleased with the results of the modifications and feels the testing is nearing its end until the technician speaks.

Evil Technician who Enjoys Culter's Suffering, or so he thinks wrote: "Okay, next we're going to expose it to railgun fire. Just brace yourself and keep your field up."

Wait, What? Culter finds himself thinking as the railgun is leveled at his suit and, from beneath his faceplate, winces. Can't say I've stared down the barrel of a Rail Gun before now, I can only imagine what Ashley would think. He ponders before being lost in focus as his concentration and will is stretched to its limits keeping the field active under the extreme duress. As the first suit falters and the next one is rolled out, Culter rolls his shoulder and cracks his neck. "Yup, that'll be sore in the morning." He mutters as he climbs into the second suit and prepares for round two of stress testing. The mechanical limbs, helmets, wings and other parts that are blown off by this railgun staring him down are repaired and destroyed again. Holy mackerel, this is rough. He struggles to think before he is finally released and the final modifications made to the suit he'd be taking out into the field

Beaten and bruised, a headache starting to form, he rubs his neck and waves off the technicians. "Thanks for the help guys, look forward to putting it through its paces in the field. I'll let ya know how it holds up." Culter says as he heads to the showers. Culter finds his request for equipment to have been approved and smiles a dastardly smile at the thought of setting up his new rig. Gonna be raining bullets and grenades for days. A rather long while later, Culter finds himself sitting down with a glass of amaretto to take the edge off as he's called for the scout of images by a recent squad who's passed through their target area.

He sits in the mess with the others with his glass of amaretto and listens to the briefing on what they've received. Culter's eyes dart up at the mention of demon incursion though he withholds his comments initially. Demons, again? Is this a resurgence of Tolkeen or something? Those bastards employed the unnatural spawn before. My last encounter with a demon wasn't exactly a fun one, though, it'd be a good pacer for Jack. He thinks, adding an sly smile as he remembers his electrical battle with the last demon he faced. That bad boy wasn't expecting a zapper to short circuit its fun. Culter muses as he hears Egan's comment, he can't help but chuckle amid his food.

"Well, R&D Tortur- I mean, Technicians did a number on my suit but I've got the ins and outs of it's new capabilities and would love to see it put up against some unlucky and forsaken demon. No real questions, go in with a presence patrol by the book to start, scout the area and play the rest by ear. We wouldn't be Special Operations if we needed a play by play handbook, we'll improvise, it's what we do. Are we bringing our Op4 gear also, or flying colors the whole time?"

Active Abilities:

Active Gear:

Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Mon May 11, 2020 8:35 am

((Rolls carried over))

James listens to the others questions. "The bus is official enough for our needs, and no we're not taking the Op4 gear. Official business all the way." James says to the group. "If anyone is using solid munitions, I would look for silver rounds in addition to you normal ones at the very least. Lasers and Plasma work on most of the demonic as far as I can remember." James says looking around the room, his bowl of Chili-Mac forgotten for the most part.
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Egan Grey » Tue May 12, 2020 5:21 am

((Rolls carried over))

Skill Rolls
[Lore: Demons & Monsters – 95%, 1d100 = 31, PASS]
[Lore: Magic – 80%, 1d100 = 98, FAIL]
Egan shovels in the food as the others talk, he points and wiggles the spoon at Drum when he mentions silver ammo, nodding as he chews. When the Doc clarifies the color scheme for the operation for himself and Culter, the scout just nods in response. -Looks like I get to use the Death Knight. Good thing I put some time in while we had it.-

When the topic of demons comes up, Egan shakes his head and grunts at the plasma line. "Mhmmm" Holding up a finger, Egan swallows his food and washes it down with a draw from his beer before speaking up. "Some are completely immune to Plasma, lasers are okay for some...can't remember the name, but it's why I normally have a pump pistol with me when we go out. Silver is the best, they all seem to have a weakness to the metal. Otherwise, It could be Iron, Wood, Bone, or Stone. But Demons will laugh at plasma, Devils not so much. The Death Knight as part of its normal kit has a 10mm normally loaded with silver rounds, so I'll need to grab a bunch of ammo if we think it's demonic." having said his piece, the scout starts scooping up another bite before stopping just long enough to say. "Foods good."
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Current Penalties:

Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit

Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jericho Jackson » Tue May 12, 2020 12:35 pm

Perception Bonus: 39%/ 51% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 98

JIC: 1d20 = 18
1d100 = 19

Jericho spends the time going over the intel with Capt. Howlett, then shares the intel he's gleaned, just to make sure there weren't any holes in the analysis.

"Despite everything seeming ordinary, I did notice a gap int he transmissions during the activity in Lazlo recently. Beyond that, everything seems on the up-and-up... until it wasn't."

When they receive the intel from the unit that passed nearby, it causes Jericho some concern. Heat signatures inside, and the gate blown open... that station was taken. CS people would've repaired that gate first, rather than leaving it hanging open. He turns to Howlett. "Looks like hostiles to me."

Jericho serves himself up a bowl of Howlett's chili-mac, and stands to eat.

Howlett wrote:"Until we know more we're gonna play this one by our book. We will move into the town under the pretenses of passing through, we will examine the base, and figure out what the issue is. That pretty much is all the plan I can consider without adding an infinite amount of what ifs. I now will open the floor to suggestions and questions."

Egan wrote:"Taking the Bus? So not exactly flying the colors, we swinging both ways this run?" [/quote[

Jericho stifles a chuckle. "From what I could tell the Bus ain't CS colors, but it's marked clearly enough."

Drum wrote:"If it's demons, do we want to request silver ammo? Or some of that special stuff the NGR uses?"

Jericho frowns. Silver ammo... I should've thought of that. "Well... we ship out in the morning... so it might be a bit late for that requisition. I'll submit it, see what happens."

He quickly sits down at a terminal, pulls up a requisition template, fills it in, stamps it urgent, and hits 'send'.

Military Etiquette 65% 1d100 = 49 (last-minute requisition for silver rounds for all the team's slug throwers.- SUCCESS)

As he does this, he listen's to Egan's erudite description of the various weaknesses of the Demons and Deevils, nodding as he goes.

"Egan's got it right. If it's demons, you'll wanna use silver, plasma, lasers... fire also works. Make your shots count. No need to pepper the hillside with expensive ammo. Assuming we even get the ammo."

PA-08A "Striker" SAMAS
M.D.C. by Location:
Jericho Jackson

Postby Mane » Tue May 12, 2020 10:57 pm

At the conclusion of the meeting, Mane got righ to work fulling out his requsition paperwork so he could submit it up the chain of command as soon as posible. As he did before, Mane sat on the floor and used a table to write on; his massive size finding the height to be just about right than stooping over in a chair. Unlike before, Mane resisted the urge to roll up a sleve and write with the claw of his index finger, using his own blood for ink like some psychopath... though that was his first inclination.

Mane thought about what he should bring, especially given the (probable) threat they faced. With the description of the people and setting, his mind went back to the town of Gallup and the bloodsucking feinds that haunted it. His seldom-used bionic claws already had silver plating, so he wasn't going to be caught off guard should worst come to worst. Just the same, and as much as he loved melee combat, distance weapons would be the smart play.

Once word finally came down that they would be flying in, colors flying, Mane knew exactly what to do. Let's go simple and old school. he thought to himself.

Requsition Form Items
  • CA-6EX Body Armor, two suits (one primary, one spare)
  • Fragmentary Grenades, 2 count
  • Flash/Bang Grenades, 2 count
  • Elecro Stun Spear
  • C-200 Dead Man's Rail Gun with collapsable shoulder stalk and shoulder strap
    • Requested Modification: Increased cyclic rate for greater damage
  • Rail gun drum of ammunition, normal
  • Rail gun drum of ammunition, silver
  • KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun (OOC: Patreon Item)
  • APSD ammuntion, 2 loaded magazines
  • Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol (personal sidearm)
  • Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol (requsition issue; alternate would be a NG-LP45)
  • Size-appropriate e-clips for energy pistols
  • Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun
  • Cyborg Ammo Drum for 5050, loaded to capacity

OOC Comments
A copy of this list has been posted in the requsition forum to make it official.

Mane looked over the list and nodded to himself approvingly, happy with the various options it offered and adaptability to preapre to encounter virtually any known foe. And then he fowned and pouted for just a second, disapointed that it wasn't written in blood. He mentally scolded himself for his old-think. NO!! Bad Mane! That kind of think leads to that other guy! YOU AREN'T THAT MONSTER!! Not any more.

Over the next few days, Mane focused on his training and physical fitness. He hit the gym daily for hours at a time, lifting obcenely large weights till his muscles screamed for mercy; sparring with cyborgs, CS juicers, and other large mutants till he was punch drunk from blows; running at full tilt and working the cardio untill his lungs breathed acid and heart was on the edge of exploding. If he was going to fight real demons, he was going to be need to be ready for anything! But that wasn't all that was going through the (reformed?) psychotic cat's head.

On some unconscious level, Mane was punishing himself under the pretence of training. On at least a semi-conscious level, it was outright self-flagulation; seeking penance and forgiveness from some devine being... or maybe just himself... or both.

At the end of each day of brutal training, he would meet up with Ruger and the other and attend a Killers Anonyous meeting (or whatever they were calling it that week). While Ruger thought Mane was pushing himself too hard, Mane would always say, My team needs me at my best. I need to be a mean pussy out there, not a some fat cat dead weight.

On the day of the meeting, Mane arrived 10 minutes early. His nose was delighted by the armoma of the boss's simple but satisfying chili-mac filling the air. Instantly his mouth began to water in anticipation. He served himself up a greedy heaping and sat down to enjoy it, savoring every spoon-full as he did so.

When the floor was opened to questions, Mane raised his spit-polished spoon and waited to be called on. "So do we know yet if we'll be facing actual demons? Like... actual Hell demons? Because I got to tell you, that really ups the ante of this mission if we are."

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Mon May 18, 2020 7:01 pm

Crossed Signals
    Date: January 25, 110 PA
    Time: 0930 by end of post.
    Temp: 18°, partly cloudy, but not snowing; Ground has a about 3 inches of snow, less in the field
    Ley Line info: None within 10 miles.

Morning comes, the squad load up, suits up, and gets ready to launch. A small flotilla of skycycles, SAMAS, and a few AFC-105 (Skull patrol Cars) fall in to escort them, along with Snoopy in his Condor Deathwing and the Condor Pilot's Power Armor used to make sure his body can handle the G-forces normally relegated to juicers and borgs.

It takes relatively no time to get from Chi-Town to the region. Approaching by air means they can take in the region at a distance first. First and foremost, it becomes obvious quickly why dismounted ground patrols are used here - the forests are dense and breaks in the trees suitable for aircraft are fairly rare. To that end the navigator speaks up. "Captain, We've found a place we can set you down for a quieter approach, about five miles away, or I can drop you in the town square. Town doesn't get a lot of CS flyover, so it's your call, but safe is the drop zone five miles away. Lt. Toretto is breaking off most of his forces for their initial recon on the base and to find a suitable FOB location until we secure Outpost F279. Once I have inserted you, we'll rendezvous with him for that purpose. Just radio and we'll come to your location best we can." Howlett replies that the drop zone is fine and that they'll hike in from there.

As they drop, it's clear a small forest fire happened here, probably clear cut to make fields for crops in a season or so. But whatever people tried to settle here, there is no sign of them, a point Egan can confirm in a few minutes after landing. The team grabs their active gear and then depart the landed aircraft. Once they are all clear, it lifts off again and flies south. The Squad is left in the middle of the field, snow a few inches deep, and heavy slush from being exposed to the sun more than in the forests, walking over the remains of burnt trees and even older ruins crumbled beneath them long before even the trees grew. A few small trees are starting to grow in the area, as if snubbing the ones who burned the area maybe a year before. The town is five miles due east, but they have no idea precisely what terrain awaits them, nor what creatures.

As the group makes it into the woods, flying or moving really fast becomes dangerous, so the pace becomes steady, but slower than they would like. Five miles will take forever at this pace, but it's still better than clipping a tree at a fast pace.

GM Instructions
I need a marching order, and each person to claim the following roles.
Scout (ranges ahead at the direction of the tracker; Suggestions: Prowl, Land Navigation, Wilderness Survival, Sensory Equipment, Perception, etc)
Tail (rearguard; Perception, Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, Intelligence, Sensory Equipment, Lores, etc)
Navigator (actually finds where the group is going; Suggestions: Land Navigation, Tracking, Wilderness Survival, etc)
Lookout (x2; watching for trouble as folks focus finding the way; Perception, Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, Intelligence, Sensory Equipment, Lores, etc)
Leader (keeping everyone on task)

Make one skill check (of your choice) to represent which role you take. You will be rolling at -15% due to the environment. You may EP for success, but don't feel you need to. As Han taught us, sometimes our failures have merit too. Depending on your success, narrate what happened in the first mile of your trek.

It does not matter which skill you use, and this is representative of your overall effort. You merely have to make the skill make sense with your role and your narrative.

Also, include a JIC Save (I'll figure out which save and bonus to apply), Initiative roll, as well as your normal perception check and JIC rolls. That will speed things up for the next post.
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Culter » Tue May 19, 2020 7:50 am

JiC: 1d100 = 19 / 1d20 = 5
Perception [44% (+25% For Electrical Anomalies | +25 IFF | +10 ID Enemy in Disguise)]: 1d100 = 2
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 19

Role: Lookout == Intelligence [44%]: 1d100 = 8 (Being smart about it, going with what's he expects based on the mission report)

Skill dump
[Skill dump for Lookout]
Pilot, Robots and Power Armor [69%]: 1d100 = 31 (Smooth piloting of his PA)
Read Sensory Equipment [45%]: 1d100 = 27 (Reading Sensory Equipment)
Electronic Countermeasures [55%]: 1d100 = 31 (Scanning for unidentified or foreign signals)
Cryptography [60%]: 1d100 = 18 (scanning for encrypted signals, and their subsequent decryption)

Detect Ambush [60%]: 1d100 = 65 (Watch for potential ambush points, tracks or movement)
ID Undercover Agent [54%]: 1d100 = 82 (Suspicious personnel or movement in the area not akin to the locals)

Lore, Demons and Monsters [40%]: 1d100 = 27 (Expects demonic involvement, what to expect considering location and what is visible)
Lore, Psionics [40%]: 1d100 = 57 (Still on edge from the psionic threat from before)

Culter will assume a Lookout Role unless ordered otherwise and remain high in the air to overwatch until he receives confirmation from the captain on their intended drop zone. Due to the thickett, he will stay ground level, which causes the zapper to grumble to himself. Time to get into gear, this is where the fun begins. Culter will work with the other lookout to cover as much range as possible on the ground with no deadzones and watch out for any demonic activity signs and try to be mindful considering the former threat that still looms of psionics such as himself and those more powerful. Ready to activate his electric barrier at a moments notice, he'll continue his watch until he receives a matter of direction from Howlett.

Active Abilities:

Active Gear:

Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Tue May 19, 2020 9:07 am

Perception: 1d100 = 51/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 20; 1d100 = 21
Just In Case Saving Throw: 1d20 = 9
Conditions: Sensor Hand, Multi-Optic Eye, Bionic Lung w/ Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage Cell.

Position: Leader
Skill of Choice: Intelligence 1d100 = 46/58% Pass (To put together the info my team gives me and keep them on task)

James steps off the transport, his boots sinking into the cold slush. Not that it bothers James, bionic legs and environmental body armor, and a suit of power armor, do wonders to keep a body warm. James looks about to the flight crew that dropped them off, and nods and mock salutes Snoopy. "Good flight to you and your team Captain." James says before he looks to the others. "Alright lets grab our bags and get moving. Drummond you are on tail, Grey you are scout, Jackson you are navigator, Cutler and Mane on Lookout. Lets move folks, these five miles are not gonna walk themselves." James says before looking at Aleksander, with a mental command. "Just follow me." James waits for Egan to head off and start calling back directions. This only works if you trust your team to do their jobs. James thinks with a small touch of pride.

James takes a broad look at the terrain they are walking through. I guess flying is right out, what a time to pick up power armor certification. James thinks as he walks with the team towards their intended destination.
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby CS High Command » Tue May 19, 2020 10:45 am

Aleksandr falls in to the rear and right of Howlett, his CV-213 at the ready. "Affirmative Doctor. Initiating over-watch protocols." The skelebot's head moves silently as it steps through the field and then the woods.
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Egan Grey » Tue May 19, 2020 4:04 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 26
JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 37
Extras:
Save - 1d20 = 12
Initiative - 1d20+5 = 17

Job: Scout
Skill Roll - [Wilderness Survival – 95%(-15% Area) = 80%, 1d100 = 16, PASS]

Landing in the Field, Egan hops down out of the hovering bus and grabs his gear. Stowing it on his back, the scout starts moving through the area scanning the surroundings. -Fire, ruins, could be someone wanted to live here and use the ruins as a base for a new building. Maybe they tried clearing out the area but something else was already occupying it. Either way, the fire would have forced anything that survived to find a new home.- As his gaze passes over the new trees he smiles a little. -Nature finds a way, it will reclaim everything given enough time.-

With the Doc's orders given, Egan waits for the LT to point in the right direction before taking off to do the job. The Death Knights servos whining as the heavy power armor moves off into the untouched forest, the shield swinging into place along his left arm as he switches it to auto mode. Egan is constantly scanning the area back and forth as he moves, but the way he moves does not fit the standard power armor operators stomp around and crush things motif. Instead, it is still the signature cautiously confident movement, as he moves around and over things in his way. -Should take us around five hours to knock out the five miles we need to cover over this type of terrain.- Egan follows game trails when he can find them, keeps the group on the higher ground rather than slogging through the deeper snow and ice and whatever they could be concealing. He makes a point of swinging clear of active animal dens that he can spot as well as any evergreen trees until he pierces their cover with the different image modes first. -Pines, a travelers haven if needed. Crawl inside, cut a few lower branches if you need to and weave them back into the others and you have a nice, mostly dry, out of sight shelter for the night.- Calling instructions back, Egan tries to keep the group moving at a good, but safe pace.
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Current Penalties:

Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit

Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Wed May 20, 2020 1:46 pm

Perception (52% base); Friend or Foe Perception (90% base): 1d100 = 31
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 68
Special JIC Save: 1d20 = 20

Lookout Skill Roll -- Detect Ambush (100% base -15% penalty = 85%): 1d100 = 23

Psychic Senses:
  • Sense Psychic & Magic Energy (75% base): 1d100 = 92
  • Sense Supernatural Beings (72% base): 1d100 = 87

Kitty Hearing:
  • Discriminate between two sounds (flat 75%): 1d100 = 74
  • Judge Distance & Precise Location of Source (98% base): 1d100 = 78
  • Recognize & Identify Prey by Sounds (90% base): 1d100 = 78

After entering the transport, Mane sat in the back, stewing over how he wasn't in the pilot's seat. He had forgotten how much he loved to feel the throttle in his hands... the pitch of a well exicuted banking maneuer... the exileration of an evasive dive and threadding the needle close to the ground. Back there, however, by the door, he was just... cargo. A useless lump of weaponry waiting to be let loose in combat.

Waiting to feel the exhileartion of a rail gun ripping of hundres of rounds in the blink of an eye... its sluggs peppering the torso of another like tenderizing a juicy steak with a jackhammer. To feel his own claws pierce into the flesh of another... its blood jetting across his face and the fresh copper taste of the crimson life-giving juices... reveling in the all too precious sight of the fading of the light draining from another's eyes as their spirit breaks away form the flesh, clinging on to the last vestiges of life... the sweet, sweet gorry glory of death in all its magnificent forms. How he missed it so.

"NO!" Mane jolted in his seat as though waking up form a bad dream.

Hurredly, he jammed a hand in his pocket and fished out his 24-hour Death Lovers Anomynous token and started rubbing it between his fingers. You're not that monster any more. You're not that monster any more. You're not that monster any more. The mantra repeated in his thoughts again and again, eyes clentched shut as though in pain.

As Mane's feet crunched down in the fresh snow, he sighed and wondered how long it had been since he saw a warm sunny day. It seemed like forever. Truly this was the neverending winter of his life.

He looked back and saw Howlett give a playful salute to Snoopy, and narrowed his eyes. It was time to get his game face on and take his job seriously. Therapy and play time were over. It was time to get to work. Hearing the field assignments rattled off by the boss, Mane nodded his head. Lookout was the best task for him given the vast array of his battery of senses and training in observation.

Taking up position, the hulking cat trudged through the snow. While he preferred to walk barefooted, here he was thankful for the warm boots of his newly issued CA-6EX armor. Being back in a proper CS uniiform felt right, harkening back to the reasons why he voluntairly came to the Coalition States from out of the Pecos Badlands. There he never knew what snow looked or felt like, but alway wondered. Now he knew. It's cold, and it sucks.

Keeping his eyes sharp and his senses keen and observant, Mane was on the lookout for any signs of trouble or ambush. With his pistols by his sides in true gunslinger fashion, and the compact C-200 held aloft in his hands, ready to rumble at the drop of a proverbial hat, he was ready. And while disapointed that he didn't have enough time to get the railgun upgraded the way he hoped, its heft and exceptional range filled him with a degree of confidence that he could handle whatever suprises laid in wait around the next tree...

.. ready to splay its innards across the landscape and poke at it as it breathed its last breath, listening for the final beat of its tormented heart.... STOP THAT!! he mentally scolded himself for the mental slip into his old ways.

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Jericho Jackson » Thu May 21, 2020 7:19 am

Perception Bonus: 39%/ 51% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 93

JIC: 1d20 = 18
1d100 = 52

JIC Saving throw: 1d20 = 6

Jericho rides the trip to the drop zone in silence, soaking in the new-suit-smell of his Striker SAMAS. If this is demons... this is kind of what I trained for. Though I've not had to face any yet. It remains to be seen if I'll be effective at all, or if... He thinks briefly about his Aunt Claire, alone in Chi-Town. We'll be fine. This team can handle anything. And what's a bit of danger to me, anyway? As they set down in the drop zone, Jericho stands, and follows the team out of the transport, the boots of his SAMAS sinking slightly into the slushy earth.

Howlett wrote: "Alright lets grab our bags and get moving. Drummond you are on tail, Grey you are scout, Jackson you are navigator..."

"Roger that." Let's go see what took down an entire facility.

Jericho clips his gear in place and activates his suit's jets, taking to the air, and flying a low pattern over the treetops to get his bearings and give direction to the squad on foot.

Wilderness Survival 55% 1d100 = 30 (SUCCESS)

As he flies, he cycles through his armor's pre-set vision enhancements: telescopic sight, passive nightvision, thermal-imaging, infrared, ultraviolet to look for anything strange or out of place, and also looks for any traces of the demonic.

Recognize Signs and Trademarks of the Demonic: 45% 1d100 = 83 (FAIL)

Once he has his bearings, he reports in to Howlett. "Badger to group. You are approximately [distance] [direction] of the target location." He also alerts them to any obstacles in the path that they may need to avoid.

If at any point after he has conveyed the requisite information he has to land and rejoin the team he will do so.

PA-08A "Striker" SAMAS
M.D.C. by Location:
Jericho Jackson

Postby Drummond Leighton » Thu May 21, 2020 8:53 am

Perception: 30% vs 1d100 = 22 (+15% vision, +15% hearing, +5% combat computer, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 69
2nd JIC: 1d20 = 10

Sensors:
Passive Nightvision 2000'
Thermal Imaging 2000'
Light Filter
Amplified Hearing
Sound Filtration
Air & Surface Temperature
Advanced Speedometer
Depth Gauge
Gyro-Compass
Metal Detector
Molecular Analyzer
Motion Detector 500'/40'
Radar Sensor
Radiation Sensor

Sensory Equipment 55% vs 1d100 = 10 (-15%) | Success
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 18

Drum hops out of the bus with a thump. A small cloud of snowflakes comes up around his legs as the pistons bark from the sudden compression. The cyborg moves out promptly his C-200 tucked close to his chin as he analyzes the area. He cycles though his different vision modes as he looks around. The GPPV (140 degree field of vision) and FFRS (2000') in his helmet transmit data into his HUD. He pauses a moment to rearrange some of the virtual screens in his field of vision. With Doc's orders to be in the rear, he responds, "Copy that, Drum's the caboose."

He falls into position at the rear of the group. A rear camera would be useful, there's a spot on the lower right I could put the image feed, Drum muses. But maybe I need a robot like Doc. But a regular robot would be as noticeable as me, plus they typically aren't fun. A dog boy wouldn't want to get any bionics, but what about a regular dog? That would be cool. I saw a guy with a robot horse once, I wonder if there are robot dogs?

Knowing he can catch up easily enough, Drum stops every 3 to 8 minutes and moves up to stand near a tree. He varies the time between pauses to make sure he's not easily predictable. He spends 30 to 90 seconds waiting, watching, listening to see if anything is moving to flank his team. He then jogs back up into regular position and repeats the pattern.
Drummond Leighton

Postby CS High Command » Thu May 21, 2020 7:04 pm

Crossed Signals
    Time: 1030 by end of post.
    Temp: 18°, partly cloudy, but not snowing; Ground has a about 3 inches of snow, less in the field

As the group scouts ahead, they take in the environment. Trees are thickly packed in. The snow hides dips in the terrain, small trees underfoot, etc. Everyone, even those in power armor, stumbles and almost trip a dozen times, but no one falls, no one embarrases themselves. Because of how thick the trees are, visibility at a distance is difficult. Thermal imaging seems like a good idea until you start trying to make out what that splotch, or that blob is in the snow. Still the group is reasonably aware of their surroundings.

Those specializing in the supernatural and demons in general know these woods are the favored hunting grounds of dozens of monsters. from the mighty wendigo to the horrific loup garou. Jericho finds that he can do a bit of up and down. In infrequent clearings he can pop up and get his bearings, but also rejoin the group. The biggest reason to limit such excursions is one that surprises them - sound. Despite being individually loud (power armor, exoskeleton armor, and borgs are not precisely quiet), nothing quite announces their presence like the roar of their jet packs.

An hour into the trip, and they've covered about a mile. It's about then that Mane's sensitive hearing, and the bionic and power armor audio sensors start picking up the sounds of pursuit. Someone breathing hard, crunching feet, and something large - no somethings large pushing aside smaller trees to get to their prey. It's about then they see the strangest of sights - a tall powerful looking dog girl with her faceplate open, running between all fours and on two feet, running full tilt towards the group. More interesting - three huge bears are barreling after her. Those with training in the matter (Demon Hunter AT automatically know or a successful Demon Lore check for anyone else), those are not normal bears. The dog girl doesn't really seem to notice them, but rather is trying to get enough distance to fight them, but they keep closing in on her. She is definitely winded and nearing the limits of her endurance. She gets behind a big oak, pulls her rifle and shoots one. It hits it, but it definitely only sizzles against it's hide and does not tear a huge burning hole in the tough hide of the creature.
Demon Bear in Ontario.jpg

The squad has the advantage in that the bears are intent on the dogboy, but that will change in seconds. As it gets close, you can feel the palpable wrongness rolling off them, inciting your flight or fight response. The majority of the squad watches the scene in mute horror before shaking it off. Only Mane is unaffected by the horror, but rather moved by the innate desire to kill the things he is meant to kill and save the things he is meant to save. To unleash his instincts and let them have the free reign they beg for.

Olive, for her part, is nearing exhaustion, and knows she can't run much longer. She squeezes off a pulse of lasers at the big one and replaces the e-clip as the counter goes to zero. This might be it, she thinks. She hasn't yet identified what these things are, but she knows that plasma, lasers, and even railguns hit hard, but don't seem to phase them. Her squad managed to take down two of the things, but all but she had died in the process. Nine soldiers dead - humans, psi-stalkers, and psi-hounds alike. It's only as she prepares to run again that she sees the strangest sight: a squad of CS soldiers in special forces armor and power armor just standing there as if baffled by the scene in front of them. Judging by all the power armor, mostly humans, but they have one mutant - one of the largest battle cats she's ever in what looks to be exoskelton body armor. All of them with heavy weapon. There's one of the Death Knight Power Armors she'd only heard of, plus a pair of Special Forces SAMAS, a Smiling Jack, and a huge honking cyborg. She might make it out of this alive!

GM Instructions wrote:We'll do this theater of the mind for now. The bears are about 300 feet from you and gaining fast. The dogboy is only about 100 feet from you and losing the race, both in terms of speed and endurance. You all have had time to arrange yourself however you want. You can totally be in the air if you want, but will take a -2 to strike due to tree cover. It won't stop any damage, but it does throw off your aim.

Papa Bear (the biggest): 15 feet tall, 1200 pounds
Momma Bear: 12 feet tall, 1000 pounds
Junior (adolescent) Bear: 10 feet tall, 1800 pounds
Husky/Wolf Dogboy (Olive): 6'8", 306 pounds in CA-4 Armor, carrying a CP-40.

Initiative Order (post in any order, this is for resolution)
  1. Mane 22
  2. Olive: 16
  3. Bears: 11
  4. Howlett: 26/lost due to HF Fail
  5. Culter: 19/lost due to HF Fail
  6. Jericho 19/lost due to HF Fail
  7. Drummond 18/lost due to HF Fail
  8. Grey: 17/lost due to HF Fail
Drummond
You failed the Horror Factor Check, lose initiative and one attack. You are certain these things are supernatural, the laser blast alone tells you that, but you're struggling to remember anything specific at the moment.

Jericho
You failed the Horror Factor Check, lose initiative and one attack. On the plus side you get your +1 attack for facing off against demons, so you don't lose any attacks this round; Also you know these guys are not vulnerable to silver. You'll have to make a Demon/Monster Lore check for what they are vulnerable to, but you know off the top of your head they aren't vulnerable to silver.

Mane
You are absolutely certain these things are both supernatural and demonic. But beyond that you're drawing a blank. You saved against their Horror Factor with a Natural 20, so play that up.

Egan
You failed the Horror Factor Check, lose initiative and one attack. You do know precisely what you are looking at: Demon Bears. Strong as hell, with claws that can rend robots, and a vicious malevolent mind to boot. Ironically they are not vulnerable to silver, but to ordinary stone and rocks. They are also vulnerable to psionics and magic.

Howlett
You failed the Horror Factor Check, lose initiative and one attack. You do know precisely what you are looking at: Demon Bears. Strong as hell, with claws that can rend robots, and a vicious malevolent mind to boot. Ironically they are not vulnerable to silver, but to ordinary stone and rocks. They are also vulnerable to psionics and magic.

Culter
: You failed the Horror Factor Check, lose initiative and one attack. You do know precisely what you are looking at: Demon Bears. Strong as hell, with claws that can rend robots, and a vicious malevolent mind to boot. Ironically they are not vulnerable to silver, but to ordinary stone and rocks. They are also vulnerable to psionics and magic.
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby James Howlett » Thu May 21, 2020 7:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 61/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14; 1d100 = 12
Conditions: Failed Horror Factor Save, Lost Initiative and 1 attack.

Skills: Weapons Engineer 1d100 = 59/54% Fail (Weapons Calibration)
Weapons Systems 1d100 = 87/74% Fail (Weapons Calibration)
Command Skelebots 1d100 = 47/88% Pass (Metal command Aleksander)

Initiative: Lost.
Number of Attacks: 9; -1 for failed HF Save.

Action One: Stare at the Demon Bears in abject horror, Lost action.
Action Two: Call out orders.
Action Three: Calibrate Railgun.
Action Four: Fire Rail Gun (40 rounds) at Papa Bear. (Strike: 1d20+2 = 15; Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 M.D.)
Action Five: Fire Rail Gun (40 rounds) at Papa Bear. (Strike: 1d20+2 = 17; Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 M.D.)
Action Six: Fire Rail Gun (40 rounds) at Papa Bear. (Strike: 1d20+2 = 20; Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 M.D.)
Action Seven: Fire Rail Gun (40 rounds) at Papa Bear. (Strike: 1d20+2 = 22 Critical!; Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 20M.D.)
Action Eight: Fire Rail Gun (40 rounds) at Papa Bear. (Strike: 1d20+2 = 7; Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 M.D.)
Action Nine: Fire Rail Gun (40 rounds) at Papa Bear. (Strike: 1d20+2 = 22 Critical!; Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 20 M.D.)

Contingency: If Papa Bear becomes a difficult to hit target, ie to many allies in the way, he will switch to another target.

Parries as needed: 1d20+12 = 18, 1d20+12 = 17, 1d20+12 = 16, 1d20+12 = 25, 1d20+12 = 14, 1d20+12 = 29, 1d20+12 = 22, 1d20+12 = 22.
Dodges (Either PA is reduced to 50% M.D.C. or is attacked with ranged attacks.): 1d20+14 = 16, 1d20+14 = 29, 1d20+14 = 31, 1d20+14 = 21, 1d20+14 = 26, 1d20+14 = 31, 1d20+14 = 21, 1d20+14 = 34.

James stares in shock at the scene before him, his normally fast brain taking far to long to piece together the situation. When his brain does finally catch up with him, James begins to yell out orders. "Pair off on them, divide their attention! They are vulnerable to rocks and stones!" James exclaims over the team channel. "Fire on the largest one. James mentally orders towards Aleksander. James takes a few brief seconds to check the calibration on his rail gun, before firing bursts of ferrous kinetic slugs towards the largest of the bears. The whine of the mini-mass driver firing the slugs from his rail gun is mildly comforting if not a new sensation. Already in the fire it seems.

Aleksander's Post
Perception: 1d100 = 82/27% Not including any bonuses that may be available for him, based off of 6th level minimums.
Just in Case: 1d20 = 11; 1d100 = 8
Conditions: None, that I can think of.

Actions: 5
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 8

Action One: Follow James Howlett.
Action Two: Overhear Orders.
Action Three: Receive specific Orders, Attack Pappa Bear with Burst from CV-212 Variable Light Frequency Laser Rifle (Strike: 1d20+1 = 7; Damage: 6d6 = 16 M.D.)
Action Four: Attack Pappa Bear with Burst from CV-212 Variable Light Frequency Laser Rifle (Strike: 1d20+1 = 12; Damage: 6d6 = 26 M.D.)
Action Five: Attack Pappa Bear with Burst from CV-212 Variable Light Frequency Laser Rifle (Strike: 1d20+1 = 6; Damage: 6d6 = 23 M.D.)

Parries as needed: 1d20+6 = 8, 1d20+6 = 17, 1d20+6 = 13, 1d20+6 = 10, 1d20+6 = 17.
Dodges if attacked with Ranged Attacks or armor reduced to 75%: 1d20+5 = 24, 1d20+5 = 21, 1d20+5 = 18, 1d20+5 = 6, 1d20+5 = 22.

Aleksander watches the scene unfold, mildly confused. Why is everyone transfixed on the.... Dog Girl. Aleksander think taking a few precious nanoseconds to recognize the creature approaching them. Those bears seem unnatural, and do not match anything in my database. Aleksander hears Doctor Howlett begin to radio his team relevant information, though none of it seems directed at himself for the moment, but this quickly changes with a mental communication from the doctor's neural implant and himself. "Yes Doctor, directing fire at the large one." Aleksander says in his new robotic voice. Aleksander brings the Variable Laser Rifle up and targets the large demon bear, a series of quick algorithms make notes of trajectory and speed and environmental effects. Aleksander fires the laser rifle on burst mode, as the bear-like creature appears to be very durable based on evidence seen moments ago. Aleksadner continues to fire, again and again.
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Drummond Leighton » Fri May 22, 2020 8:27 am

Perception: 30% vs 1d20 = 16 (+15% vision, +15% hearing, +5% combat computer, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 84

Sensors
Passive Nightvision 2000'
Thermal Imaging 2000'
Light Filter
Amplified Hearing
Sound Filtration
Air & Surface Temperature
Advanced Speedometer
Depth Gauge
Gyro-Compass
Metal Detector
Molecular Analyzer
Motion Detector 500'/40'
Radar Sensor
Radiation Sensor

Drum hears the commotion with his amplifed hearing and swivels to see what is causing it. The sight of a dog-girl being cased by something scary causes him to pause. His combat computer quickly designates the dog-girl as friendly, but the FFRS can't find a clear match for what is chasing her. An image pops up showing a picture of a brown bear with red question mark iconography. The combat computer takes, over and decides it's a threat. Mentally in a thick Chi-Town accent, Drum can't help but think, Da Bears!

He shakes his head to clear to shake off the sudden shock of seeing the monstrous bears. The dipped C-200, rises into firing position smoothly and a burst erupts from the end of the barrel towards the lead bear. Time to get their attention. The cyborg shouts, "Hey Yogi and Boo-Boo stay away from my picnic basket!" Drum moves forward, plumes of snow billowing up behind him as if he were on a snow mobile as he charges through the snow. As he's running, he let's go of the C-200 with his right hand (letting his other hand hold it steady) and reaches down and grabs a Stun/Flash grenade. When he reaches optimal throwing range (120' x 50% = 180') he says over the radio, "Flash-bang in the air," and throws the grenade between the first and second bear.

APM: 5 (6 normally - 1 from HF)
Initative: Lost

Action 1: Lost to Horror Factor, staring
Action 2: Fire C-200. Strike: 1d20+4 = 12, Damage: 4d6 = 18 M.D.
Action 3: Move into grenade throwing range
Action 4: Grab Flash/Stun Grenade
Action 5: Throw Flash/Stun Grenade between 1st and 2nd Bear. Strike 1d20+10 = 21
Action 6: Reserve for Dodge 1d20+13 = 15

Contingency Parry(+11): 5d20:
5, 3, 2, 6, 1

Coalition States Stun/Flash Grenade
Range: 120' thrown
Damage: -1 APM, -1 to initiative, -8 to combat actions (w/o EBA or polarization) or -1 to initiative (w/protection) in a 20' AoE
Duration: 1D4 melees

Next round initiative: 1d20+5 = 13
Drummond Leighton

Postby Olive » Fri May 22, 2020 4:10 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 25/66%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 13; JiC d20: 1d20 = 10
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 25
APM: 5

Action 1: Fire a Burst at the largest bear with her C-40; Strike: 1d20+2 = 4; Damage: 6d6 = 22 M.D.
Action 2: Run towards the group of Coalition Soldiers, and away from the attacking bears, stopping next to the closest human member.
Action 3: Turn and fire another burst at the largest bear with her C-40; Strike: 1d20+2 = 14; Damage: 6d6 = 26 M.D.
Action 4: Fire a Burst at the largest bear with her C-40; Strike: 1d20+2 = 12; Damage: 6d6 = 19 M.D.
Action 5: Fire a Burst at the largest bear with her C-40; Strike: 1d20+2 = 22 Critical Hit!; Damage: 6d6 = 22 44 M.D.

Parries as needed: 1d20+10 = 20; 1d20+10 = 13; 1d20+10 = 16; 1d20+10 = 22; 1d20+10 = 13

Dodges if being attacked by ranged attacks: 1d20+10 = 14; 1d20+10 = 17; 1d20+10 = 16; 1d20+10 = 20; 1d20+10 = 30

Olive stands her ground just a moment longer, firing another burst of fire at the largest, and most dangerous, bear that had been attacking her. She continues panting hard, the few seconds of pause letting her catch her breath. Once she finishes firing, however, she spins, racing towards the odd group of Coalition soldiers at top speed, this final burst of speed brought on by the fact she finally has a solid thing to run towards. She slides to a stop towards the closest of the humans, barely hesitating for a moment before turning around and raising her rifle once more.

Once close enough, it becomes clear that this Dog Girl is very ragged. her breaths are coming fast, and her full armor is clawed half to hell and back, massive rents mostly across the lower body and left leg, though smaller, still damaging claw marks can be seen marring the winter camouflage that had been applied to the armor.

She lets loose more fire, joining in with her fellow soldiers to take on the beasts, numb fear and panic replaced by a newfound hope. The Coalition had found her! Even just a Dog Boy, they had come to her rescue! Her elation was short-lived however, her attention far more focused on the threat at hand. She clicks on her radio, speaking breathlessly on the general CS Military frequency, "Oh, thank goodness I've found you! I thought I was done for after what they did to my squad!"
Olive
The winter wonder-dog!

Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 46/48
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 107/107

CA-4 Dead Boy EBA
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet: 60/70
  • Left Arm: 53/60
  • Right Arm: 53/60
  • Left Leg: 45/80
  • Right Leg: 66/80
  • Main Body: 80/100

Modifiers: -5% to Climb, -20% on other physical skills.

CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Damage: 3D6 S.D.C. low-powered, 1d6x10 S.D.C. low-powered burst, 2D6 M.D. single shot, 6D6 M.D. burst; Range: 2,000'
Payload: 18/30 shots

C-20 Laser Pistol
Damage: 2D6 M.D.; Range: 800'
Payload: 21/21 shots

Constant effects:
Sense Psychic and Magic Energy: Can sense psychics and magic practitioners in range. See sheet for further details. Range: 500'/60'

Recognize Psychic Scent: Can "smell" the unique psychic scent of psychics, magic practitioners, and monsters/D-Bees within range. See sheet for further details. Range: 60'

Sense Supernatural Beings: Can sense supernatural beings within range. See sheet for further details. Range: 300'/1,200'/3,000'

Sixth Sense: Triggers when in danger, and lasts until danger has passed; cannot be surprised by a sneak attack; +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for first melee round only; I.S.P.: 2, used when first activated.
Olive

Postby Egan Grey » Fri May 22, 2020 8:21 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 85
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 7

Initiative: Lost this round - Next = 1d20+5 = 14
APM: 9 (-1 APM to failed HF save)

Action 1: Stare in wonder, then horror....O the horror.
Action 2-3: Sharpshooter called shot - Baby bear's head. Strike: 1d20+11 = 29 Damage: 1d6*10 = 20MD
Action 4-5: Sharpshooter called shot - Baby bear's head. Strike: 1d20+11 = 31 (Crit) Damage: 1d6*10 = 50MD *2 = 100 MD
*Contingency - if first shot downs the target he will switch to the rear leg of mama to hinder mobility
Action 6: Shooting baby bear. Strike: 1d20+8 = 9 (FAIL) Damage: 1d6*10 = 60MD
Action 7: Shooting baby bear. Strike: 1d20+8 = 13 Damage: 1d6*10 = 30MD
Action 8: Shooting baby bear. Strike: 1d20+8 = 17 Damage: 1d6*10 = 30MD
Action 9: Shooting baby bear. Strike: 1d20+8 = 13 Damage: 1d6*10 = 60MD
*Contingency - if Baby bear goes down he will switch to Mama bear and continue the assault -or- if firing lanes become congested he will switch to whatever is safest or not fire at all.

Parries with shield as needed - 1d20+14 = 28, 1d20+14 = 26, 1d20+14 = 22, 1d20+14 = 32, 1d20+14 = 34, 1d20+14 = 18, 1d20+14 = 25, 1d20+14 = 21

Egan is slightly ahead of the group trying to decide the next path to go down when he hears the heavy commotion from behind. Turning around the scout is subjected to a scene straight out of a fairy tale he overheard someone telling their child, Goldilocks running away from the evil d-bee bears who were trying to eat her and being saved by a heroic Coalition patrol. Though these bears were just....wrong. The sight of them alone sent a chill spreading through his body that he had to fight to regain control. -This is exactly where I agree one hundred percent with the Coalition. These abominations do not belong here and MUST be eliminated.- With his composer regained, Egan's body started moving again, the rifle coming to rest at the smallest of the three bears as he interjected on the teams band before pulling the trigger the first time. "Psionics also have a greater affect."
Last edited by Egan Grey on Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Current Penalties:

Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit

Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Sat May 23, 2020 12:37 am

Mane saw the sight and the killer in him boiled forth to the forefront. The hulking cat's eyes narrowed in fury. How dare these vile vermin threaten a member of his extended pride!! For that, they must die. And the first to die would the biggest of the bunch; Papa Bear. That would show the rest who the biggest cat in the dog park was.

Instantly recognizing the pursuing bear-creatures as demons, Mane was happy he had the right gun in hand. Just as quickly he realized he had it loaded with the wrong ammo! Fortunately, he came prepared for this party.

Initiative: First!!
Attacks per Melee: 7 with Rail Gun up first

Action 1) Change over from regular ammo drum to silver ammo drum

Action 2) Burst from C-200 Dead Man's Rail Gun @ Papa Bear and begin to advance on the target at a steady fast walking pace (SWAT Style) to close the distance.
Attack Roll: 1d20+3 = 12
Damage: 4d6 = 16 M.D.
Auto-Dodge (JIC): [dice]d20+3[/dice]

Action 3) Second burst from C-200 @ Papa Bear, continuing to advance and close the gap
Attack Roll: 1d20+3 = 21
Damage: 4d6 = 17 M.D.
Auto-Dodge: 1d20+3 = 15

Action 4) Third burst from C-200 @ Papa Bear, continuing to advance.
Attack Roll: 1d20+3 = 21
Damage: 4d6 = 12 M.D.
Auto-Dodge: 1d20+3 = 21

Action 5) Time to get personal! Mane finishes closing the gap and tips into Papa Bear with his claws (C-200 is suspended from its harness); free hand will Parry any incoming attack
Attack Roll: 1d20+9 = 18
Black Claw Damage: 9d6+2 = 34 M.D.
Claw Parry: 1d20+14 = 22

Action 6) Assessment: Mane will notice if his normal claws had any effect on Papa Bear. If "Yes" then he will continue with them; if "No" then he will engage his silver plated vibro claws and slash with those (both will be rolled; please apply the applicable one)
Attack Roll: 1d20+9 = 25
Black Claw Damage: 9d6+2 = 37 M.D.
Silver Vibro Claw Damage: 2d4+27 = 34 H.P.
Claw Parry: 1d20+14 = 33

Action 7) One more time with feeling! Claw and parry @ Papa Bear, or whoever's still fighting.
Attack Roll: 1d20+9 = 11
Black Claw Damage: 9d6+2 = 35 M.D.
Silver Vibro Claw Damage: 2d4+27 = 29 H.P.
Claw Parry: 1d20+14 = 29

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Jericho Jackson » Sat May 23, 2020 8:28 pm

Perception Bonus: 39%/ 51% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 58 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 8
1d100 = 38

Conditions:
    Failed Horror Factor Check, lose initiative and one attack (but +1 attack for facing off against demons means no lost attacks)

Jericho marches through the snow, his legs tiring even in the PA with the effort of retaining and regaining his footing after numerous slips. After an hour of this, he half-wants to just go airborne and meet the team at the target. But he trudges onward.

Suddenly, he sees the dog-girl running through the growth in their direction, pursued by 3 demonic bears. When he sees them, he immediately feels the tell-tale sense of dread wash over him, and remembers being exposed to it during demon hunter training. They'd actually gone out and captured a minor dbee with horror factor, jsut for this purpose.

He looks at the bears and tries to recall what they are, and, more importantly, what kills them.

Lore: Demons & Monsters 42% 1d100 = 34 (SUCCESS)

Shouting, he tells the team "Save your silver - it won't help here!" He pushes through the horror and steels his resolve.

Howlett wrote:"Pair off on them, divide their attention! They are vulnerable to rocks and stones!"

Rocks and Stones! Damn! I should've known that! Too bad we're not on a mountain - I could trigger a landslide. As it is I've got nothing of the sort. Only hope is to drive 'em back with energy weapons.

He looks around quickly, to spot if there are any visible stones or boulders poking up through the snow. (see Perception roll above)

Olive wrote:"Oh, thank goodness I've found you! I thought I was done for after what they did to my squad!"

Jackson replies "Fall in behind us!" and begins honing in on the demon bears, targetting the closest ones first with 3-shot bursts from his CP-50.

APM: 5

Action 1: Shoot 3-shot laser burst 1d20+4 = 21; Damage 6d6 = 21 M.D.
Action 2: Shoot 3-shot laser burst 1d20+4 = 21; Damage 6d6 = 20 M.D
Action 3: Shoot 3-shot laser burst 1d20+4 = 7; Damage 6d6 = 20 M.D
Action 4: Shoot 3-shot laser burst 1d20+4 = 16; Damage 6d6 = 17 M.D
Action 5: Shoot 3-shot laser burst 1d20+4 = 6; Damage 6d6 = 25 M.D

Parries (if necessary): 1) 1d20+7 = 18; 2) 1d20+7 = 20; 3) 1d20+7 = 11; 4) 1d20+7 = 13; 5) 1d20+7 = 8 (Nat. 1!)

EDIT to add requested Initiative roll: 1d20+1 = 12
Last edited by Jericho Jackson on Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PA-08A "Striker" SAMAS
M.D.C. by Location:
Jericho Jackson

Postby Culter » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:49 am

JiC: 1d100 = 16 / 1d20 = 20
Perception [49% [+25 IFF / +10% ID Undercover Enemy / +25% Electrical Anomolies]: 1d100 = 42

[Post]

Culter's attention to the details of the woods around him is at a heightened state of altertness, being fully aware of the monsters and evil creatures that hunt in these woods. A pack of traveling humans and their furry friend would make a fine meal. I'll roast them with a current so strong they're seared. He muses silently to himself amid watching one of the flanks.

When his radar pings, Culter will turn his attention towards the direction of the incoming pursuit. When Culter spots the Doggirl running from Culter's aura immediately sparks. "No." Is all he says quietly to himself as he readies himself to charge the bears. No dogboy or girl is dying on in my presence again. Not if I have anything to say about it. Those bears are about to become deep fried. Culter thinks to himself, though his feet are frozen at the sight of the horrific creatures. His frozen feet do not keep him still for long.

To the squad, he responds. "Demon Bears. Silver won't work on them. Normal weapons fire should wear them down, Stones and rocks cut them up. I'll get in close and rip their minds open. They have a weakness to psychics and magic." Culter states to the team.

Olive wrote:"Oh, thank goodness I've found you! I thought I was done for after what they did to my squad!"

"Not if we have any say in it. Stick behind us, catch your breathe!" Culter broadcasts over his speakers and then proceeds to ram the nearest bear.

[Combat]

APM: 7 - 1 = 6
No init this round
Init next round: 1d20+5 = 25
Auto-Dodge: 1d20+3 = 11 | 1d20+3 = 14 | 1d20+3 = 15 | 1d20+3 = 17 | 1d20+3 = 19 | 1d20+3 = 4

A1: Activate Electrical Aura. [Duration: 10min | 30 M.D.C. | -5 ISP] and use his radio.
A2: Jet charge ram the closest bear to the Doggirl, intercede himself between the bears and the doggirl. He extends his electrical aura to the jet charge and adds an electrical damage to the bear he charged. Strike: 1d20+7 = 25 | DMG: 1d6+15 = 16 (Robot Impact Damage) + 2d6 = 5 (Electrical Charge Damage) | Knock Down [60%]: 1d100 = 2
A3: Neural Strike on Bear he just jet charged. Damage: 2d6 = 10 Direct H.P. or M.D.C. | Bear losses 1 APM, losses Initiative, Speed is -25%, -10% on Skills for 30 minutes (or until DEAD!) [-25 I.S.P.]
A4: Telekinetic Acceleration Attack on the downed Bear. Culter will whip up some stones and fire them at the bear with a stoney-pebbly like whirlwind that rips it up on the ground. Strike: 1d20+2 = 8 | DMG: 3d6+4 = 13 M.D.C. [20 I.S.P.]
A5: Power Armored Karate Kick with Psionic Electrical Enthusiasm. Strike: 1d20+6 = 21 | DMG: 2d6+18 = 24 (Kick) + 2d6 = 6
A6: Another Power Armored Karate Kick with Psionic Electrical Enthusiasm. Strike: 1d20+6 = 12 | DMG: 2d6+18 = 24 (Kick) + 2d6 = 10

Contingency:

Should the Bear get up, or not be knocked down in the first place Culter will sacrifice one of his Power Armored Karate Kicks and put it in a higher order to knock the bear down with Leg Sweep. If he determines they cannot be knocked down, he'll huff and puff and continue his kicking escapade.

Should his Electrical Aura be completely depleted. He will sacrifice another Kick to reactivate it.

Should Culter feel overwhelmed, that is, more than one bear bearing down on his position, he will rocket up and away and prepare for another ram charge.

Total I.S.P. lost this round -50/163

Active Abilities:

Active Gear:

Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:57 pm

Crossed Signals
    Time: 1031 by end of post.

Three Seconds into encounter
As the group stares in wonder, horror, and awe at what they see, many of them do indeed see a dozen large rocks the size of a helmet, plus smaller rocks and pebbles; in particular there is one large boulder off to the side; far too large to lift, but if one could bring a bear to the boulder, that might work. As Mane moves forward, aborting his reload to silver on orders from Howlett and Culter, Olive shoots and begins moving. As she does she is immediately charged by the medium sized (12 foot tall) bear Egan has started mentally calling "Mama Bear." She does not quite reach Olive, but is weaving and trying to dodge incoming fire. The largest bear, Papa Bear, picks the biggest threat on the battlefield and charges Mane! He rushes Mane and stands his full fifteen foot height, ready to attack with his massive claws. The smallest bear ("only" 10 feet tall) charges towards Drummond, but is dodging incoming fire and does not get into melee range immediately. Jericho squeezes off a shot at Mama Bear and hits her, despite her best efforts to avoid being shot. But it's clear that it will definitely take longer with lasers, rail guns, and particle beams. But weight of fire will take out most things, regardless of their resistances.

Six Seconds into Encounter
Mane shoots at the larger bear twice before it can swipe at him. He tries to sidestep the attack, but the bear's powerful claw connects and leaves heavy slash marks on this armor and knocks the wind out of the cat for a split second. Howlett tries to calibrate the railgun and shoots the larger bear as it engages Mane. Thankfully with it's height, getting a shot at it is not challenging. He manages to catch most of the burst center of mass in the upper chest region, but he notes with dispassionate accuracy that the monster absorbed far more of that attack than it had any right too.
Olive runs away, staying barely ahead of Mama Bear as she gives chase. Part of how she's managed to survive this long is being JUST faster than the bears; but she cannot match their endurance. The monsters know no fatigue and every muscle in her body is screaming for rest. Jericho squeezes off another shot at Mama Bear, singing her fur some. Culter, for his part, surrounds himself in an electrokinetic field, and charges the incoming bear, hitting her from the side. It most definitely feels the impact, but nearly twice his mass and being larger than him, only a full speed ram would have had a shot at knocking her over. Still he finds he has her undivided attention as her head swivels to him, growing and baring her teeth in a menacing look that suggests a tactical error on his part. The skelebot tailing Howlett moves to protect Olive, interceding it's body between her and the Mama Bear.
Baby Bear closes the distance to Drummond as the cyborg lets loose with his railgun. The borg tries to parry, but takes the brunt of a hit anyway. His armor retains deep gouge marks from the beast's claws, but holds as it is supposed to otherwise. The railgun's ammunition thuds into the thick fur and hide of the bear and has impact, but the demon's tough skin holds against the railgun rounds, having much less impact than they would have normally. Egan lines up his shot and shoots the powerful particle beam and hits the smaller bear in the side of its head. Anything else and it would be dead, but the thing simply growls in annoyance. As Culter calls out the bear's weakness to psionics, Egan notes a ton of smaller rocks and pebbles he could telekinetically throw at the bears, as well as a large boulder he could potentially bash a bear into. Such thoughts speed by as he slows his breathing and aims, once again.

9 Seconds Into Encounter
Papa Bear gets shot by Mane at point blank range and just takes it, not missing his change to claw at Mane. Mane manages to sidestep it this time, but is quickly getting the hint that his railgun will not solve this. He drops his weapon, letting the harness take it as he gives the verbal order to his armor to allow his claws to come out his gloves. A variation on the modifications that allow borgs to use their implanted weapons, one of the tech heads had suggested it to him. Now seemed like a good time to use it. Above his head, another railgun shot from Howlett hammers into the bear, but it just ignores it for the time being. Similarly he ignores the laser blasts from the skelebot and Olive, even as smoke curls from the impact wounds.
Mama Bear attacks Culter with her claw and rends into his electrical aura, destroying it in a single hit. Culter reaches up and touches the bear, and she falls victim to his neuro-strike, dazed and confused. Jericho's laser fire hits the other side of her as he moves to get a better angle.
Baby Bear claws at Drummond again, but the cyborg bats aside the ill timed attack. Seeing an opportunity to hit both of the larger bears, he moves off a bit and grabs a grenade, ready to throw it. Baby Bear seems put off by this, but right then he is hit right between the eyes by Egan. He simply falls down with a thud, his face steaming from the impact of the particle beam, the face a massive charred wreck and bits of bone show through the blacked mess.

12 Seconds Into Encounter
Mane, his claws unsheathed, rips into Papa Bear in rapid succession and notes with savage satisfaction that his claws definitely do the trick. A massive rip on the belly of the creature exposes the beast's innards to the light of day. It swipes at Mane blinded by rage and pain, but the battle cat easily bats the clumsy strike aside, stepping to the side as a consequence of his parry. Right then Howlett brings the pain and rips into the wound, sending rail gun ammunition into the wounded demon and out the back. The monster falls back, clutching at its stomach wound. Mane actually notes the bear's eyes fade to those of a normal creature for a split second before it passes. He almost senses relief from that look; perhaps thanks.
Mama Bear is stunned and cannot see straight from Culter's mental attack. Culter, for his part, reactivates his electrical aura, and then grabs a bunch of stones and accelerates them to railgun speeds, slamming them into the demon! Between the telekinesis and the stones, the attack does more damage than normal lasers and railguns could have accomplished with the same impact. Jericho also piles in on the demon, whittling it down little by little. Drummond tosses his flashbang behind the behmoth, catching her and not Culter, inside its area of effect. The monster, already confused, is now stunned and reacting to things blindly. Olive, Egan, and the skelebot all bring her down the rest of the way. She lies smoking from the various wounds at Culter's feet. Everyone is looking for more targets but seeing none they simply watch, as the railguns whirl away in their standby mode.

Only silence, demon bear corpses, and the team remains.

Butcher's Bill:
Mane: -40 MDC to armor's main body
Drummond -32 MD to armor's main body
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Culter » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:28 am

JiC: 1d100 = 11 / 1d20 = 12
Perception [49% [size=85][+25 IFF / +10% ID Undercover Enemy / +25% Electrical Anomolies]: 1d100 = 27

Cryptography [65%]: 1d100 = 13 (In conjunction with Manipulate Electrical Devices to add the 40-4th Freq to Olive's radio.)
Computer Programming [50%]: 1d100 = 47 (In conjunction with Manipulate Electrical Devices to add the 40-4th Freq to Olive's radio.)
Intelligence [48%]: 1d100 = 75 (In conjunction with Manipulate Electrical Devices to add the 40-4th Freq to Olive's radio.)
Lore, Demons and Monsters [45%]: 1d100 = 18 (Determine that the bears won't get back up and that there probably isn't more of them in the immediate area.)
Detect Ambush [65%]: 1d100 = 62 (Watch for other opportunistic type threats)

After the last demonic corpse falls to the ground near Culter, Culter looks around amid the swirling electrical aura that surrounds him to ensure there are no more threats and that these won't get back up. He'll look to Mane, "Nice going, big guy!" Culter says and then he'll turn to the Doggirl and release his charged aura and remove his helmet.

Approaching Olive, he talks. "You doing okay? Injured or anything of the sort?" He asks, I'm sure Doc would gladly help a Doggirl. He muses but doesn't volunteer the captain's skills. "Name's Culter, Everett. And yours?" He'll wait for a response before adding. "What happened to the rest of your squad, was it these things or something else?" Culter asks, and then adds, "Here, let me get you patched into our freq." He finishes and extends his electronic control to manipulating nearby devices with his inteligence in crypotgraphy and programming.

Olive may hear a surge of static in her earpiece before a click as Culter adds the frequency channel to her radio, he'll then queue the team's secure frequency to check. "There, you should be on our freq now."

Active Abilities:

Active Gear:

Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Olive » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89/71%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 24; JiC d20: 1d20 = 11

Military Etiquette: 1d100 = 60/35% - To quickly try and eyeball the general chain of command of this squad she has run into as she looks them over.

Culter wrote:Approaching Olive, he talks. "You doing okay? Injured or anything of the sort?" He asks, I'm sure Doc would gladly help a Doggirl. He muses but doesn't volunteer the captain's skills. "Name's Culter, Everett. And yours?" He'll wait for a response before adding. "What happened to the rest of your squad, was it these things or something else?" Culter asks, and then adds, "Here, let me get you patched into our freq." He finishes and extends his electronic control to manipulating nearby devices with his inteligence in crypotgraphy and programming.

Olive may hear a surge of static in her earpiece before a click as Culter adds the frequency channel to her radio, he'll then queue the team's secure frequency to check. "There, you should be on our freq now."

The Doggirl, after standing with twitching ears for a moment, her panting heavy and fogging the cold air in front of her face, relaxes somewhat as she lowers her gun and turns her attention to her saviors. Her eyes catch on the Battlecat, having not had time to fully register him as anything other than "ally" until now, but moves on as Culter praises the mutant feline for their work.

As Culter approaches, he sees as Olive leans down, resting her hands on her legs, continuing to take in deep, ragged breaths. Psi-hounds were known to not tire for quite some time, and yet here she was with practically shaking knees and, now that the adrenaline was fading from her system, hardly the breath to speak. "I-I don't think so, sir," she responds gratefully, "But I don't think I would have lasted much longer without your help, those bears... those bears didn't seem to need to rest at all."

She pulls herself up, attempting to stand at attention as her name is asked of her, "Private Olive F922-D742, sir!" She slowly settles into her normal position in the command structure, almost eager to report despite the depressing news it contained, "I was part of a ten-man psi-squad out here on routine patrol. We were attacked by these things, five of them at least, including the three we've just taken down. My squad managed to kill two of them, but they all... they all died in the process, sir. I'm the only one left."

She doesn't move as he worked to add her into the radio frequency, nodding her affirmative if she can indeed hear him over her radio equipment.
Last edited by Olive on Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Olive
The winter wonder-dog!

Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 46/48
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 107/107

CA-4 Dead Boy EBA
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet: 60/70
  • Left Arm: 53/60
  • Right Arm: 53/60
  • Left Leg: 45/80
  • Right Leg: 66/80
  • Main Body: 80/100

Modifiers: -5% to Climb, -20% on other physical skills.

CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Damage: 3D6 S.D.C. low-powered, 1d6x10 S.D.C. low-powered burst, 2D6 M.D. single shot, 6D6 M.D. burst; Range: 2,000'
Payload: 18/30 shots

C-20 Laser Pistol
Damage: 2D6 M.D.; Range: 800'
Payload: 21/21 shots

Constant effects:
Sense Psychic and Magic Energy: Can sense psychics and magic practitioners in range. See sheet for further details. Range: 500'/60'

Recognize Psychic Scent: Can "smell" the unique psychic scent of psychics, magic practitioners, and monsters/D-Bees within range. See sheet for further details. Range: 60'

Sense Supernatural Beings: Can sense supernatural beings within range. See sheet for further details. Range: 300'/1,200'/3,000'

Sixth Sense: Triggers when in danger, and lasts until danger has passed; cannot be surprised by a sneak attack; +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for first melee round only; I.S.P.: 2, used when first activated.
Olive

Postby James Howlett » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:57 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 1/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 5; 1d100 = 92

James looks at the area as the last Bear falls. That went surprisingly quickly. James thinks as he looks to the Dog Girl. James listens to Olive as she states her name and serial number, mentally noting it on one of his HUD's to check later. IFF ID seems right, so likely all true. James thinks before sending a mental command to Aleksander. "Get me samples from the bears, just blood and a small tissue sample should do." James looks around, and stops roughly in the center of the group. "Damage report."

James listens to the damage reports and sighs. "Could be better, but could have been worse. We'll see about effecting repairs when we get to town." James says matter of factly. "Olive you're with Mane, he'll get you up to speed. Sergeant Grey, find me a path please, I would like to be in town before nightfall. As for the rest of you back at it, mission has not changed just because the three bears attacked Goldilocks." James
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Egan Grey » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:57 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 99

Skills Rolls
    [ID Plants & Fruit – 90%, 1d100 = 26, PASS] - keeping an eye out for edible and dangerous plants alike
    [Land Navigation – 92%, 1d100 = 39, PASS] - To point to the town and stay on track while moving for it
    [Wilderness Survival – 95%, 1d100 = 77, PASS] - Running through all the dangers that moving around unfamiliar terrain can hide and navigating through them
    [Track: Animals – 80%, 1d100 = 80, PASS] - Looking for additional animal / monster tracks as they move
    [Track Humans & Robots – 85%, 1d100 = 51, PASS] - Looking for signs of human traffic to try and find any usable paths or movement
    [Lore: Demons & Monsters – 95%, 1d100 = 8, PASS] - Comparing Demon bear habits to normal bear habits for information and safety
    [Detect Ambush - 55%, 1d100 = 19, PASS] - Keeping an eye out for areas that could hold dangers for the group to avoid
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 85, FAIL] - Running the suits sensors to try and help with navigation and enemy detection
    [Weapon Systems - 55%, 1d100 = 71, FAIL] - verifying weapons system integrity after the fight
    [Optic Systems - 45%, 1d100 = 58, FAIL] - Running the suits optics to help with moving through the woods and finding the best path forward
As the last bear meets its end, Egan turns away from the group and refocuses outward rather than at the newly rescued dog girl. Muttering out loud as he starts looking to both secure the site from any additional monsters and their route continuing to the village. "Normal bears usually roam an area 5-6 miles for the females, and up to 15 for the males. Males normally roam through female areas so this could have been the family in this part so we could be free and clear of any other nasty fights if we're in the heart of their territory, however, if we're on the outskirts...." -What kind of town can survive in the middle of demon infested woods like this? I'm really interested in their defenses and what they look like at this point in time.-

As the Doc gets his answers from the rest of the group and then gives the order forward, Egan's musing voice comes across the teams band. "Huh, so I wasn't the only one."
The scout lifts his shield and points it in the direction he believes that they have to go as he waits for the LT to give his navigation call. Once the call comes in, he begins the quick overview of the new and old information he had gathered to pick the best path forward. "Right, hop to it."
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Current Penalties:

Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit

Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:29 pm

GM Mini-Update

Both Culter and Grey have the same thought - these things are dead right? They won't get up? The uncomfortable truth both come to realize is they will get up within 48 hours unless the heads are separated from their bodies and both burned separately or thrown in the sea. There is some confusion as to whether it has to be salt water, or if the Great Lakes will do. One thing Egan realizes is that this is fairly south for their normal environment. Egan's heard more about these from guys from Iron Heart and Free Quebec than he has just about anyone else. Culter remembers how these things are supposed to be largely solitary or small group hunters - usually no more than five or six demons. While they cannot talk, they can magically understand many languages and can figure out the basics of pretty much any humanoid motivation based on body language and emotional state. They are malevolent and utterly ruthless, enjoying toying with their prey.
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Egan Grey » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:35 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

It was about the time he finished thinking about the towns defenses when what needed to be done hit him. Without a word, Egan moved among the corpses and brought the shields shovel blade down on the neck of baby bear to separate what was left of it head from it's body. As the shield cleaved through flesh, ligaments, and bone the scout found himself voicing another thought, "These are too far south." As he finished removing the heads and tossing them into a separate pile well away from the main bodies, Egan turned to the others before asking, "Who has a plasma weapon I can borrow for a bit?"

He disconnects the power cable running to his particle beam rifle and stows it safely before taking the offered Hellfire cannon and hooking it up to the cable (if someone is kind enough). If anyone asks what he is doing, the scout easily responds and tells the group the reasoning as he attempts to vaporize the bodies with super-heated plasma. If for whatever reason the plasma weapon does not do the job or no one offered it up, Egan starts to work altering the landscape by lumber-jacking some trees near the boulder and creating a raised platform pyre to burn the bodies on. Making sure to burn the bodies and heads separately, with some distance between them just for safe measure.

As the work finishes, Egan turns to the rest of the group and if no one else has asked already, he focuses on the dog girl before speaking. "Where are the other two?"
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Current Penalties:

Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit

Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:16 am

GM Update:

Once separated, the heads and bodies burn easily enough with directed plasma energy, though the process of burning does take a while, longer than it would suggest from burning an equivalent sized bear.

(Watching all three burn will take the better part of 10 minutes. With Plasma, you'd normally expect it to take a minute or two each.)
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Next

Return to CS Special Operations Group Adventure Forum