Torment

The continuing adventures of an arrogant elf, and the masochists who join him on his fools errands.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Torment

Postby Ashlynn » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:55 am

Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 98 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 19
1d100 = 39

Conditions:
  • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

Ashlynn is watching Huey trundle about, checking each discarded bowl for precious chili remnants, when everything goes sideways. The world she knows whirls away, and she finds herself plunged into icy waters, the tang of gunpowder and ash in the air.

Wide-eyed, she takes in her surroundings, when, in an instant, Cornwell is vaporized.

She loks desperately for Huey - but still feels him, the tug of him, so she knows he is yet alive. "HUEY! THIS WAY! FOLLOW MY VOICE!" Seeing the corpses in the water begin to move, she draws her blade and attempts to keep her distance. This is INSANE! This is worse than that no-magic world we were in on the other side of the broken door!

Grant wrote:"Ashlynn, can you hear me? Are you hurt?"


Ashlynn radios back, "I'm Here! I'm good!"

Almost immediately, Ronith is in charge of the situation. Ashlynn listens as he calls out a breakdown to the team, prepared to respond immediately.

Ronith wrote:”Barracuda, Daisuke, Ashlynn, and Jack you are with me. We are going to do a sweep of the area and pick up any civilians we can find, hopefully those people calling for help.”


She fans out with Ronith and the others to find living civilians to shepherd to safety, and uses her radar and heightened hearing in conjunction to help locate them in the swirling chaos.

Radar
Interpret Shapes 90% 1d100 = 42 (locate human/oids - preferably swimming or standing - SUCCESS)
Interpret Shapes 90% 1d100 = 17 (locate Huey - SUCCESS)
Estimate Distance 92% 1d100 = 63 - SUCCESS
Estimate Direction 92% 1d100 = 100 - FAIL
Estimate Speed 72% 1d100 = 46 - SUCCESS
Estimate Exact Location 82% 1d100 = 6 - SUCCESS

Heightened Hearing
Estimate distance of sound 70% 1d100 = 5 (listen for any human/oids replying to the group's calls - CRIT. SUCCESS)
Estimate speed and direction of approach 60% 1d100 = 72 - FAIL

She begins to wade through the chest-high water with the group toward any identifiably living civilians, and will hack at any reanimated dead who get in the way. En route, she does her best to figure out what exactly is happening. If any civilians need immediate first aid she will sacrifice an action to apply it.

First Aid 85% 1d100 = 55 - SUCCESS
First Aid 85% 1d100 = 31 - SUCCESS

Initiative 1d20+13 = 22

APM: 9

Action 1: Draw Magic Sword
Multitasking Action 1: Summon Energy Shield
Action 2: Attack any zombie with magic sword 1d20+10 = 11 (+ unspecified bonus from sword); Damage ??; "HEY! HOLLER IF YOU NEED HELP!"
Multitasking Action 2: History: Post-Apocalypse 70% 1d100 = 89 (Are we in a place or period Ashlynn recognizes? - FAIL)
Action 3: Activate Talisman of Invulnerability
Multitasking Action 3: Sense of Balance 84% 1d100 = 99 (remain upright in the swirling waters - FAIL)
Action 4: Attack any zombie with magic sword 1d20+10 = 20 (+ unspecified bonus from sword); Damage ??
Multitasking Action 4: Lore: Demons & Monsters 30% 1d100 = 39 (Hey, what's that big monster? - FAIL)
Action 5: Attack any zombie with magic sword 1d20+10 = 12 (+ unspecified bonus from sword); Damage ??; "HOLLER IF YOU NEED HELP!"
Multitasking Action 5: Sense of Balance 84% 1d100 = 31 (remain upright in the swirling waters - SUCCESS)
Action 6: Attack any zombie with magic sword 1d20+10 = 18 (+ unspecified bonus from sword); Damage ??
Multitasking Action 6: Lore: Magic General Knowledge: 25% 1d100 = 13 (just what in the Sam Hill is going on here? - SUCCESS)
Action 7: Attack any zombie with magic sword 1d20+10 = 11 (+ unspecified bonus from sword; Nat. 1!); Damage ??
Multitasking Action 7: Sense of Balance 84% 1d100 = 90 (remain upright in the swirling waters - FAIL)
Action 8: Attack any zombie with magic sword 1d20+10 = 19 (+ unspecified bonus from sword); Damage ??
Multitasking Action 8: Salvage 50% 1d100 = 72 (snag any floating thing that can be used as a raft to transport injured persons - FAIL)
Action 9: Attack any zombie with magic sword 1d20+10 = 17 (+ unspecified bonus from sword); Damage ??
Multitasking Action 9: Sense of Balance 84% 1d100 = 79 (remain upright in the swirling waters - SUCCESS)

Parries: 1) 1d20+16 = 21; 2) 1d20+16 = 29; 3) 1d20+16 = 18; 4) 1d20+16 = 36 (Nat. 20!); 5) 1d20+16 = 26; 6) 1d20+16 = 27; 7) 1d20+16 = 35; 8 ) 1d20+16 = 36; 9) 1d20+16 = 24

Autododges (if necessary): 1) 1d20+3 = 4; 2) 1d20+3 = 9; 3) 1d20+3 = 20; 4) 1d20+3 = 14; 5) 1d20+3 = 5; 6) 1d20+3 = 9; 7) 1d20+3 = 23 (Nat. 20!); 8 ) 1d20+3 = 10; 9) 1d20+3 = 17
Ashlynn
AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 68/68


TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 45/45
  • Arms: 40/40 each
  • Legs: 45/45 each
  • Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
Features:
  • All Features of Triax EBA
  • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
  • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
  • Infrared & thermal masking

N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
M.D.C. by Location:
    Force Field: 75
Features:
    10 hour duration per E-clip
User avatar
Ashlynn
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: Torment

Postby Weiss » Fri May 01, 2020 3:17 pm

Perception: 53% 1d100 = 81
JIC 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 56

Daisuke wrote:"I appreciate the thought. Extra protection is always welcome." Daisuke responds with gratitude. He grabs the Crusader EBA and in the blink of an eye, Daisuke's T-43 Explorer armor disappears and is replaced by minimal loose clothing. He begins to don the Crusader EBA while answering Weiss' question.

"I am trained Special Operations. So I have a handle on heavy weaponry and can fire them, but am not particularly familiar with dedicated weapon systems. I'm hoping that I can simply be useful if you need an extra hand or a gunner... even if I am not particularly proficient at it. One of my electives during boot was robot piloting, so I have a rudimentary understanding of how to do so, but your systems here are somewhat different than Arismal-made war machines. I got a glimpse of that refurbished Coalition 'bot in cargo. Is that yours? I'd imagine you'd want to relegate me to a gunner and pilot that beast yourself."

Once suited up in the Crusader, Daisuke rotates his arms and does some light stretching to get a sense of the limitations of the armor. "This is nice armor. Definitely goes with the "knight" theme Ashlynn mentioned before and your leader seems to embody. Again, thank you." In the blink of an eye, the Hoshi swaps armors once more, this time switching to the Bush Pilot Armored Jumpsuit. "While we are inside vehicles, I think I'll be more comfortable in a jumpsuit. Besides, I don't want to unnecessarily strain the environmental systems of your EBA." Daisuke flashes Weiss a smile through the clear flight helmet faceplate.

"Think I spotted an extra laser rifle in a footlocker and a couple spare clips, pardon me. I will return momentarily." Daisuke politely excuses himself a moment. He grabs the a Lynx laser rifle and a pair of spare e-clips, stores the weapon inside his instant weapon void before returning to Weiss, awaiting orders or further conversation.


Weiss gives the newcomer a wry smile as he is impressed with the ability shown.

"A useful ability. Does it just apply to clothing or can you store other things? And then something dawns on him ... as he turns and lifts his right index finger, "I can get the armour back right?"

"When it is our time on the rota, yeah, you'll be the gunner on the Beauty. Considering her considerable armament, you'll at least to start with control of the rail gun and the Ion turrets."

Virtus wrote:The Helmet
Weiss scrubs the helmet with a solvent to clean debris. Once suitably clean, he looks at it under magnification. Very small, he seeing a number in the MDC material. [quote=helmet number]NEMA EBA-130-H 00157A
[/quote]

NEMA, that names ring a bell somewhere. Weiss wasn't much of a history buff, so he wrote it down and sent off a message to Ronith with the information.


Virtus wrote:Weiss feels the warm glow of the bowl with an ungloved hand and pours a little water into it. The ripples in bowl reveal Jaz's face along with Zack's. "Hello, Love. She says with a smile. How is it there? Cold? It's pretty cold here too, like nearly 70 degrees. I had to put on socks." she says, offering some sarcastic humor to brighten Weiss' mood. Jaz's face becomes muddled as if another reflection is distantly visible in his bowl


Weiss smiles; Jaz always knew how to lighten his mood as he did hers, though she always did mock his goofy dancing. Just as he was about to respond, suddenly the picture goes awry.

Virtus wrote:As Jaz speaks, Weiss and Jaz hear another voice. "It's coming from these bowls!" The voice is distant but at the point of tears and clearly frightened. Suddenly the bowl grows red hot, sizzling the water inside. His hands are protected thanks to his gloves but he sees Jaz cry out as she drops the bowl. The other face growls clear, that of a woman in her 20s with dark hair. Her face is panick stricken and full of terror. "Can you hear me?! Can anyone hear me?!" she breaks down in tears and screams "HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!" forcing many to cover their ears while others grab weapons. For a moment, John Weiss feels a connection to the pile of stones in the middle of the crater, as if it is listening to the bowl.


Then everything goes crazy and Weiss finds himself firmly planted on the floor as everything shakes. As Weiss rapidly recovers his senses, he witnesses the vista before him.

Well, this is crazy even for my life. Guess I get to cross off see the Cataclysm from my bucket list. Weiss' gallows humour suddenly came to the fore as a distraction method to prevent him becoming overwhelmed.

Virtus wrote:The scream from the bowl also finishes "MEEE!" Weiss can still see her panicked face in the bowl, now more clearly. However, Jazia's reflection is still dimly visible but rippled. "What's happening?!" Jazia asks mildly panicked, but distantly, echoed and somewhat slowly.


Both are communicating. Another version of the bowls perhaps, maybe the point it became a magic item. Doesn't matter, if Jaz is still on the line, then we still have a connection back home.

"Something has gone wrong, stay on the line. As long as we can still communicate, this might help us get home. Get Beltin and Marit, they might know something about the bowls or be able to assist." Weiss then directs his speech to the new voice.

"The person screaming for help, whoever you are, tell me where you are?"

Ronith wrote:Josie, Weiss, get the APC ready to go, and organize the other merc companies into a retreat. First stop is that highway overpass, and after that the most defensible location we can find in the city.


Weiss hears Ronith and makes a decision.

"Both of you stay on the line, I need to hand you over to somebody who can help. Best will in the world, this is outside of my expertise." Give me a mechanical problem to fix. I really need to get Grant to teach me some details about magic.

Virtus wrote:Distant sirens echo, mingle with a unending screams. Weiss still holds the moon bowl as he feels a tug. The water within the bowl lurches towards the front of the bowl. He quickly realizes that the flood waters are rushing the same direction. Looking up, he sees a regal looking building, possibly built of out stone. ((to the west of the Luther Ely Smith Park)) Around it rages a flood waters as if commanded to be there.


He opens up a link to the team as he rushes towards the Beauty.

"Attention, I was using the Moon Bowl when all this happened. I still have a link to Jaz, though weak, which means we still have a link back home. I'm picking up another signal on the bowl as well, a woman screaming for help and is coming through good and strong. I don't know if the communication was caused by the device or the communication caused the device. The bowl and the flood waters are moving towards a regal, possibly stone building to the west of the park area. That helmet you brought me is NEMA. That can't be a coincidence. Ronith, Grant, this is out of my wheelhouse. If there is anyway to save this woman and get home, you two need the bowl. " Weiss pauses to take a breath before moving onto Ronith's orders.

"Josie, you get the APC moving along with as many mercs and anybody else it can carry." he clambers up the side of the Beauty and hurls himself into the pilot compartment. As he boots up the Beauty, he starts tracking the creature and the animated bodies in the water.

"Alright mercs, if any of you can act as a gunner, get your arse over to me right now." Weiss starts barking orders, "rest of you, I want you manning the APCs or providing protection for the mages and noncombatants. We're heading to the bridge, I want people covering every access and egress and Spanky, I want your squad providing air cover. Who knows what else that rift is going to spit out. Any wounded, get them into the APCs. Try not to make any injures worse, but be quick as we have to move away from the corpses getting up. I want suppression fire on them. Get them away from the wounded and mages and drive them towards me."

Weiss moves the Beauty to engage the corpses, opening up with a burst from the Plasma Flamethrower, covering the area where the dead are climbing out of the water.

APM 9
Initiative 1d20+3 = 9
Where possible, flamethrower attacks are used to guide the undead towards the Beauty and keep them away from other people. If the situation clears, Weiss will maneuver the Beauty towards the rendezvous at the bridge, acting as the rear guard.
Attack 1 fire on animated dead with flamethrower burst 1d20+3 = 6 2d6 = 2 10' AOE
Attack 2 fire on animated dead with flamethrower burst 1d20+3 = 21 2d6 = 6 10' AOE critical 12 MD
Attack 3 draw giant magical sword
Attack 4 fire on animated dead with flamethrower burst 1d20+3 = 17 2d6 = 10 10' AOE
Attack 5 fire on animated dead with flamethrower burst 1d20+3 = 5 2d6 = 4 10' AOE
Attack 6 fire on animated dead with flamethrower burst 1d20+3 = 23 2d6 = 6 10' AOE critical 12 MD
Attack 7 Move Blue Beauty towards the bridge providing covering fire
Attack 8 fire on animated dead with flamethrower burst 1d20+3 = 10 2d6 = 10 10' AOE
Attack 9 fire on animated dead with flamethrower burst 1d20+3 = 22 2d6 = 11 10' AOE critical 22MD

Parry with magical sword
1d20+12 = 18
1d20+12 = 24
1d20+12 = 32
1d20+12 = 24
1d20+12 = 15
1d20+12 = 29
1d20+12 = 32
1d20+12 = 15

contingency
If engaged in close combat by the undead or something else, Weiss will strike with the sword (assuming 4d6 MD for the sword and 2d6 for Robotic PS)
Attack 1 1d20+10 = 24 6d6 = 22
Attack 2 1d20+10 = 27 6d6 = 14
Attack 3 1d20+10 = 12 6d6 = 27
Attack 4 1d20+10 = 26 6d6 = 19
Attack 5 1d20+10 = 14 6d6 = 27
Attack 6 1d20+10 = 22 6d6 = 19
Attack 7 1d20+10 = 28 6d6 = 20 critical 40MD
Attack 8 1d20+10 = 26 6d6 = 18
Attack 9 1d20+10 = 21 6d6 = 14

Dodge
1d20+10 = 26
1d20+10 = 22
1d20+10 = 23
1d20+10 = 12
1d20+10 = 16
1d20+10 = 16
1d20+10 = 23
1d20+10 = 28
1d20+10 = 15
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

HP: 32
SDC: 54

Active:
Clock calendar
Gyro Compass
User avatar
Weiss
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

Re: Torment

Postby Barracuda » Fri May 01, 2020 4:29 pm

“That's when Sif punched him so hard he flew IN TO Paragon's fist! No kidding, craziest thing I'd ever seen. Ah, time to suit up. I'll catch you folks later.” He gets up from chatting with some of the other mercs and starts getting ready. Standing up and doing a quick gear check, he notes that he already is kitted out. The simple act of securing his helmet gets Barracuda ready for patrol or whatever Ronith was having them do. He starts to head toward Ronith to inquire about tonight's duties when the whole world changes.

Hot Bowl wrote:"HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!"

Barracuda quickly whips King Tide from its holster on his back and rushes toward the source of the sound. The further he makes it, the redder the world becomes. He stops and looks up. ”Oh shit, is the moon red?”

Virtus wrote:Cornwell leaps to her feat and shouts "GET OU...."

Barracuda's head turns toward Cornwell as she shouts her orders. He finds that he is no longer moving but sees the energy and stones go haywire. Time stretches and becomes a prison. The sound of two screams continuing for the foreseeable future starts to drag on Barracuda's nerves until they both suddenly reach their terminus. And with them, any semblance of normalcy.

Taking in the new surroundings, Barracuda looks up and is reminded of his native Earth. ”There's an arch like that in Saint Louis back where I come from... but definitely less flooding, death and flying robots. More flying humans.” He keys his radio. ”Heroes, we're in Saint Louis, Missouri! This is a different version of our Earth! I think that device sent us to a different dimension. It's not my home, but it's close.”

Ronith wrote:”Barracuda, Daisuke, Ashlynn, and Jack you are with me. We are going to do a sweep of the area and pick up any civilians we can find, hopefully those people calling for help.”

”On it!” Barracuda uses his sonic abilities to quiet the roar of the rockets in the background while using his enhanced hearing to listen for anyone crying out. Anyone that moves, he will pull from the water and ensure they are OK before moving on. If it's faster for him to maneuver underwater, he'll get under the 4 feet and search for survivors that way. If he comes across something he needs to dispatch, Prince Corwin will charge King Tide with his royal birthright, Oceanforce (that's what I'm calling Power Weapon now, why not? I'm a superhero, damnit!) and strike true.


Initiative: 1d20+3 = 17
APM: 7

Action 1: Strike enemy with King Tide w/ Oceanforce. Strike: 1d20+9 = 13 Damage: 6d6+16 = 41
Action 2: Strike enemy with King Tide w/ Oceanforce. Strike: 1d20+9 = 18 Damage: 6d6+16 = 44
Action 3: Strike enemy with King Tide w/ Oceanforce. Strike: 1d20+9 = 22 Damage: 6d6+16 = 42
Action 4: Strike enemy with King Tide w/ Oceanforce. Strike: 1d20+9 = 11 Damage: 6d6+16 = 37
Action 5: Strike enemy with King Tide w/ Oceanforce. Strike: 1d20+9 = 27 (CRIT) Damage: 6d6+16 = 40 (72)
Action 6: Strike enemy with King Tide w/ Oceanforce. Strike: 1d20+9 = 24 Damage: 6d6+16 = 37
Action 7: Strike enemy with King Tide w/ Oceanforce. Strike: 1d20+9 = 28 (CRIT) Damage: 6d6+16 = 37 (66)

Parries: 1d20+12 = 231d20+12 = 231d20+12 = 211d20+12 = 151d20+12 = 141d20+12 = 201d20+12 = 21

Note
If underwater, +1 to strike and +2 to parry.
Barracuda
Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
SDC: 121/121
HP: 23/23
Critical Strike: 18-20



Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
Image

Ledger
User avatar
Barracuda
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

Re: Torment

Postby Daisuke » Mon May 04, 2020 6:35 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 11 | 21%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 | 1d100 = 70%
-----------------------------------
Constant Abilities
Character Sheet
  • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
  • Earth Empowerment
  • Adhesion
  • Instant Wardrobe [30lbs] (2/2)
  • Instead Weapon [70lbs] (1/1)
    • Lynx Laser Rifle
Stats
    HP: 21/21
    SDC: 81/81
    PPE: 13/13
Crusader EBA
Image
[size=85]M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 50
  • Arms: 30 each
  • Legs: 50 each
  • Main Body: 95
Weight: 24 lbs.
Modifiers: Fair mobility, -15% to physical skills
Features:
  • All features standard to environmental armor
Book Reference: p.55-56, WB 34

Saving Throw Bonuses
Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
Coma/Death: +4%
Toxins (15+): +1
Magic (varies): +1
Magic (Illusions): +2
Magic (mind-altering): +7
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (12+): +6
Horror Factor: +9
Disease: +2
Drugs (mind-altering): +6
Possession: +6[/size]
Active Magic and Psionics

    Earlier
    Weiss wrote:"A useful ability. Does it just apply to clothing or can you store other things? And then something dawns on him ... as he turns and lifts his right index finger, "I can get the armour back right?"

    "If this suit suffers extensive damage, I will compensate you with a new one once I have the funds. But I duly note your desire for its return and will not utilize it unless under heavy combat. Which will be unlikely if I am to remain in the 'bot with you." Daisuke responds, offering Weiss a comforting smile.

    During the Moon Bowl Event
    Damn. We really should have moved those when we got the chance. Daisuke thinks as the device self-activates. Too late for what-ifs now. One more reason you should let me deal with these tricky situations in the future... his fractured dark essence Kondo reminds Daisuke. The words sound like sage advice while the world around them spins and resettles elsewhere.

    Devil's Gate
    "The frak?" Daisuke muses peering through one of the APC viewports before he scrambles outside. He looks around in a state of shock and disorientation. "What happened? Where are we?" he asks to nobody in particular. Get your head in the game. Dead bodies floating nearby means trouble. Then shakes his head free of the cobwebs. Right. Daisuke answers to himself. Then, he turns to Sir Ronith for directions. The elven cyberknight is quick to oblige.

    Ronith wrote:The first order of business, then, is to get the team sorted out. All business, Ronith’s cold professionalism takes over, and his voice cracks like a whip out to the team. ”Alright, listen up! We are about as far out of position as it is possible to be, and our first priority is to pull the unit together and find somewhere to lay low so we can figure out what the Hel just happened. Josie, Weiss, get the APC ready to go, and organize the other merc companies into a retreat. First stop is that highway overpass, and after that the most defensible location we can find in the city. Grant, you get the collegiate mages organized- everyone who can provide long--range support at battle stations, everybody else inside the APC and ready to evacuate. All of you, keep your heavy ordinance targeting that… thing, in case it notices us. Grant, be ready with a teleport in case we need it.”

    ”Barracuda, Daisuke, Ashlynn, and Jack you are with me. We are going to do a sweep of the area and pick up any civilians we can find, hopefully those people calling for help.”

    "Highway overpass. Confirmed." Daisuke answers, silently offering his help to Josie and Weiss in their task. Using his Portals ability, he tries to open up a 20 ft diameter portal with the entrance portal in front of the H4H APC and the exit portal up on the overpass (assuming Daisuke has line-of-sight since Sir Ronith was able to reference it). If successful, Daisuke will tell the others, "This should expedite the trip. I believe it is a one-way portal. I will hold it open as long as I can."

    Then the Hoshi will join Sir Ronith in sweeping the area for those that require aid. While moving with Sir Ronith, if the cyberknight requests a portal somewhere, Daisuke will oblige ((instantly closing the previously open portal for the highway overpass)). He will open the portal a little high and with some lead distance so that Ronith should get the 'drop' on the monstrosity from above.
    User avatar
    Daisuke
     
    Posts: 41
    Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
    Location: Heroes for Hire

    Re: Torment

    Postby Virtus » Mon May 04, 2020 6:59 pm

    Conditions
    Time: Day 3, 00:01
    Temperature: 26F
    Visibility: 500ft
    Wind: 5mph out of the Northwest
    Snow: 12"
    4 feet of flooding
    Radio Traffic: moderate, heavy interference
    Magic Use: Extreme magics within 500ft
    Nexus Present within 1 mile
    Open Rifts within 1 mile


    The insanity unfolding around Ronith does little to shake his nerves. Instantly he accesses the situation and moves toward the highway overpass, taking command of the Mercs present. A quick glance confirms that EWK was not drawn into the temporal event as they were still on duty and away from the crater. Gallow Twelve and Last Dance as well as the various forces from the College fall in behind Heroes for Hire.

    "You call the shots, Gallow Twelve will follow. Ravenhill radios over the channel, though her signal is full of static. Everyone notices that Ronith's transmission was similarly affected. Last Dance falls in as they are clearly overwhelmed by everything that has befallen the force.

    Everyone notices that electronics are experiencing heightened levels of interference. Spanky mentions as much, pointing out twitching servos on the customized SAMAS. He can still get it airborne, but he also mentions the danger of providing a target to the military force hammering the gate. "With the amount of hell they're sending down range, It might be safer on the ground right now."

    Grant's orders regarding spell casting draws a few grumbles, but it is sound knowledge reaffirmed by several members of the College. "Where are we?" asks one of the younger magic users from the College. His voice is tinged with fear, but wonder is his chief emotion.

    Just then Grant is struck by a lightning bolt, not entirely different than what struck Cornwell smashes into the group. Many are shunted yards away as many yell in chorus. Including Grant. The amount of magic in this area may be acting like a lightning rod. If what studies Grant has undertaken on ley line storms, it's been speculated that the energy is trying to balance; something impossible here. The strike does little to deter the plan. If anything it seems to accelerate it as everyone beats feet for the overpass.

    Daisuke, seemingly unhampered by the ley line storm, opens a gate to the overpass. Everyone rushes through. To Daisuke's surprise, they are several hundred feet short of the buildup of cars jammed under the overpass. No one pays it any mind, since none knew the intent, but there is no doubt in the Arismal's mind that there is spatial distortion occurring. As everyone begins passing through, a roaring sound comes from overhead. Several people begin shouting as the sound grows louder. Suddenly a massive jet with a large disc above it penetrates the clouds but inverted and rolling. Everyone is now running through the portal as the massive aircraft is about to impact and slide into them.

    Racing through just in time, everyone looks back to their old position as the plane strikes the ground from the south east to the northwest, tumbling and disintegrating, creating a firey path that looks like it may have taken out some of the military's forces and their barricade far to the southeast.

    Ashlynn and Barracuda scour the water near them for survivors, only finding corpses, several of which animate as they draw close. King Tide lays them to rest quickly. As everyone passes through Daisuke's portal and head to the overpass, Ashlynn repeats her call to help anyone who need it, when a few voice are dimly heard. Ashlynn and Barracuda search through the pile up discovering a gruesome sight. Among the destroyed vehicles and dead bodies is an APC. "Help me, please." a pleading voice cries softly. Half of a woman in military gear looks as if she is half fused with the APC. The left half of her face is visible as is most of her left side to her waist. After that it looks as if she melted into the APC. It's hard to tell where flesh ends and the APC begins. Suddenly a chorus of other voices also plead for help or simply wail in pain, similarly fused to the vehicle. Many other soldiers are dead inside and some that are fused have already passed, but these unfortunate souls linger on. Any sort of examination shows that they are alive, but dying.

    Weiss talks with the woman in the bowl, asking about her location. "We're in the dld Capital Building! Hurry, there's a lot of hurt people! I don't think we will make it much longer!"

    Jazia clearly unsettled says "Of course, I'll stay on. Beltin and Marit have already left though. Zoe's still here though."

    The flood water rush past everyone, moving towards the old limestone building unnaturally, as if being called. Weiss from the cockpit of Blue Beauty, rains fire down on the living dead. The night is washed in a yellow orange glow as they just don't stop coming.

    Ronith's radio message goes unanswered. Perhaps the interference, but he suspects it has been received.

    From the overpass the group watches the flood waters. From their closer vantage point, they now see a torrent that has formed around the base of the limestone building, tearing other structures and vehicles away. In the waters there are hordes of undead being swirled around, Some have made it past the water and claw at the doors of the building beyond.

    ((please continue with combat posts))
    User avatar
    Virtus
    Game Master
     
    Posts: 333
    Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

    Re: Torment

    Postby Ronith » Tue May 05, 2020 11:48 am

    Initiative: 1d20+13 = 23
    JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 41
    PER: 1d100 = 6 vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
    APM: 9
    Conditions
    [*]Ley line nexus: Triples range/duration/damage of magic, doubles range and damage of magic weapons, doubles range and duration of psionic powers, can draw 1d6+1 ISP per melee.
    [*]Invulnerability: BoM P. 116; 50/50 MDC; impervious to cold, disease, drugs, gases, energy, poison, and toxins; +10 vs. magic/psionics/horror factor; 3m30s left.
    [*]Enhanced reflexes: R25 P. 75, +1 APM, +3 I, +1s, +2p/d, +2PP [+1 s/p/d], +15% to physical skills that rely on coordination or balance (+5% after EBA penalty), 43m45s left.
    [*]Extended presence sense: 150ft. range, 43m45s left. Can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings in the area, 50%+3%/level skill.
    Extended Presence Sense: 1d100 = 4 vs. 89%
    To search for survivors.

    At Grant’s warning, Ronith will sheathe his magical blades and refrain from activating any of the rest of his magic. He will, however, leave the invulnerability aura up in the hopes that it will help protect him from the storm’s effects. He will direct the frenzied evacuation away from the arch, holding the rear of the group until everyone else save Daisuke is through. Once on the other side, Ronith takes a moment to catch his breath.
    Virtus wrote:"Where are we?"
    Ronith debates demurring until later, unwilling to risk panic within the ranks. Then again, knowing some specifics for sure might be preferable to the unknown, even if those specifics are terrifying. With a sigh, Ronith answers in a voice that says he’s very glad he slept before all this. ”We are in St. Louis, and unless I miss my guess, we are here during the Great Cataclysm.” Ronith will wait a beat for everyone to get used to that fact, raise his hands to try and forestall any outcry, and continue ”I know it is a lot, and I cannot say whether we have traveled in time or merely to some parallel Earth where the cataclysm is just now occurring. It is understandable to be terrified, but you need to remain calm. We are going to get those civilians, get out of the city, and then find a way back home. Stick together, and stay alert. We need to keep moving and get out of the hotspots as quickly as possible.”

    As they begin to pass soldiers fused with APCs, and calling out for aid Ronith stops. He turns to the woman he sees nearby, and opens his faceplate so that she can see his eyes. Then he activates the energy blade on his armor and says softly, ”The only aid I can offer is a final mercy.” Should the soldier make any motion in the affirmative, verbal or non-verbal, Ronith will strike without hesitation, delivering the most swift, painless killing blow that he can given the soldier’s condition. While exhorting the rest of the team to continue, Ronith will let his presence sense guide him and move swiftly among the various suffering soldiers. Such mercy killings take a toll on the cyber-knight, but he is determined to do anything he can for these people. Unfortunately, it is unlikely he will be able to help all of them, and so eventually Ronith is forced to turn away.

    When they reach another stopping point, Ronith eyes the limestone building warily. He then turns to Weiss (or whoever else is using the moon bowl at this point). ”See if you can get them to describe the building’s exterior. Tell them to pretend we are new to the area.” As the description comes in, Ronith will scan the nearby buildings to see if any match the woman’s description. If any building does, Ronith will turn to Daisuke ”Can you portal us in there?”

    If they do not find a building that matches the woman’s description, Ronith will move them closer to the city center (without putting the teams in any undue danger) to try and locate it. If Daisuke is unable to portal them to the target, Ronith will look for a vantage from which he can. The ultimate goal will be to assemble Heroes for Hire as a strike force to breach inside the building and rescue the civilians. Should that occur, or they get attacked, Ronith will immediately launch himself at the greatest threat.

    Action 1: Strike with Frostfang, 1d20+19 = 24 to strike, 1d6*20 = 100 MD.
    Action 2: Strike with Frostfang, 1d20+19 = 36 to strike, 1d6*20 = 80 MD.
    Action 3: Strike with Frostfang, 1d20+19 = 24 to strike, 1d6*20 = 120 MD.
    Action 4: Strike with Frostfang, 1d20+19 = 32 to strike, 1d6*20 = 60 MD.
    Action 5: Strike with Frostfang, 1d20+19 = 23 to strike, 1d6*20 = 80 MD.
    Action 6: Strike with Frostfang, 1d20+19 = 36 to strike, 1d6*20 = 80 MD.
    Action 7: Strike with Frostfang, 1d20+19 = 23 to strike, 1d6*20 = 120 MD.
    Action 8: Strike with Frostfang, 1d20+19 = 29 to strike, 1d6*20 = 60 MD.
    Action 9: Strike with Frostfang, 1d20+19 = 39 to strike, 1d6*20 = 100 MD.

    Auto-parries: 1d20+23 = 28, 1d20+23 = 28, 1d20+23 = 41, 1d20+23 = 32, 1d20+23 = 29, 1d20+23 = 30, 1d20+23 = 26, 1d20+23 = 38, 1d20+23 = 41
    Auto-dodges: 1d20+11 = 13, 1d20+11 = 13, 1d20+11 = 29, 1d20+11 = 19, 1d20+11 = 18, 1d20+11 = 13, 1d20+11 = 14, 1d20+11 = 30, 1d20+11 = 19
    I am better than you. You just don't know it.
    Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
    Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
    +11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
    Status
    ISP- 64/91; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
    Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

    Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
    User avatar
    Ronith
    Group Leader
     
    Posts: 560
    Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
    Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

    Re: Torment

    Postby Grant Latham » Thu May 07, 2020 3:39 pm

    New Perception: 75% vs 1d100 = 3
    JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 4


    Constant Abilities
    Character Sheet

    • Sense Ley Line: 84%
    • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
    • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
    • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
    • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
    • Immune to Possession
    • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
    • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
    • Base Spell Strength: 15
    • Spell Range doubled
    • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
    • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
    • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
    Stats
    • M.D.C.: 90/90
    • I.S.P.: 90/90
    • P.P.E.: 611/636
    • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
    Active Magic and Psionics
    • Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
    • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 179.75 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
    • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 5 PPE | 89.75 min | 3000'
    • Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 35.75 min
    • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 30 PPE | 35.75 min | 211 M.D.C. regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
    • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 89.75 min
    • Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 35.75 min | 3600' in non magical darkness
    • Reduce Self | BOM 113 | 20 PPE | 22.5 min | 6" tall
    • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 8.75 min | 1200'
    • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 35.75 min | 270' radius


    Grant staggers as the bold of ley line energy hits him. The Invincible Armor holds, but he feels the leaching of his mana despite the protection. He blinks his eyes from the flash. He feels his temples beginning to throb from the effects of the storm. He click's his radio, "Sir Ronith, the other mages and I need to get out of this area entirely; being indoor won't make a difference. I know a spell to dampen the effects, but there is a strong chance that it will either not work, or go wrong. If we are headed towards that lime stone building, I will attempt to cast the spell once we get there." He points towards the building.

    Having seen Daisuke's portal ability work flawlessly, he waits to go through it rather than try to get the building by flying.

    Once he is at their destination, he puts some distance between himself and anyone else. He uses the common channel to say, "I am going to attempt to disrupt this storm, don't come near me while I am casting, the results will most likely go wrong, but doing nothing is worse."

    Knowing the storm will strike him again, he waits until the next bolt hits, ready for it this time, and then begins casting Ley Line Storm Defense. By the Three, please let this work! (Will take 2 more actions next round to finish casting)

    Ley Line Storm Defense | 90 P.P.E. | BOM 141 | 11 | 180' diameter | 90 min | x10 area/duration on nexus, x100 on ley line triangle

    Invincible Armor Regeneration: 1d6 = 2 M.D.C.

    Creature of Magic: -2 APM, No Initiative, Damage: 4d6 = 15 M.D. P.P.E. Loss: 6d6 = 21
    Psionic: -3 Initiative, -1 S/P/D

    APM: 6 (adjusted)
    Initiative: Doesn't matter
    1. Recover from ley line blast
    2. Speak/Move towards Daisuke's Location
    3. Speak
    4. Move through portal
    5. Speak/Move away from group
    6. Begin Cast Ley Line Storm Defense

    Combat Contingencies:
    Auto parry (+6 adjusted for storm): 6d20:
    12, 5, 12, 5, 6, 20

    Dodge (+1 adjusted for storm): 6d20:
    14, 17, 3, 14, 11, 1
    Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

    Info
    H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

    Constant Special Abilities
    • Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

    Equipped Gear of Note
    MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
    6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
    User avatar
    Grant Latham
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
     
    Posts: 435
    Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
    Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

    Re: Torment

    Postby Barracuda » Fri May 08, 2020 11:52 am

    Perception: 1d100 = 30/43% (58% underwater)
    JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 74

    Barracuda keys his radio to warn the others about the undead. ”Not all of these people are dead. Some of them are... undead.” He continues sticking them until he reaches the horror tank.

    Virtus wrote:Among the destroyed vehicles and dead bodies is an APC. "Help me, please." a pleading voice cries softly. Half of a woman in military gear looks as if she is half fused with the APC. The left half of her face is visible as is most of her left side to her waist. After that it looks as if she melted into the APC. It's hard to tell where flesh ends and the APC begins. Suddenly a chorus of other voices also plead for help or simply wail in pain, similarly fused to the vehicle. Many other soldiers are dead inside and some that are fused have already passed, but these unfortunate souls linger on. Any sort of examination shows that they are alive, but dying.


    Oh. Oh no. This... this is terrible. The undead is one thing. I have to help them. I have to... put them out of their misery. When he sees what's going on, he gently moves Ash away from the APC. ”Cover your eyes. This is going to be bright.” He pries open the hatch for the APC and releases a few Energy Flashes into the APC. If that isn't enough to end the folks fused with the machine, he'll slide King Tide into them quickly.

    Initiative: 1d20+3 = 12
    APM: 7

    Action 1: Energy Flash into APC. Radius of effect: 90 feet (hopefully contained within the APC) Damage: 2d6 = 4 SDC
    Action 2: Energy Flash into APC. Radius of effect: 90 feet (hopefully contained within the APC) Damage: 2d6 = 11 SDC
    Action 3: Energy Flash into APC. Radius of effect: 90 feet (hopefully contained within the APC) Damage: 2d6 = 8 SDC
    Action 4: Energy Flash into APC. Radius of effect: 90 feet (hopefully contained within the APC) Damage: 2d6 = 5 SDC
    Action 5: Strike fused soldiers with King Tide w/ Oceanforce. Strike: 1d20+9 = 26 Damage: 6d6+16 = 33
    Action 6: Strike fused soldiers with King Tide w/ Oceanforce. Strike: 1d20+9 = 21 Damage: 6d6+16 = 38
    Action 7: Strike fused soldiers with King Tide w/ Oceanforce. Strike: 1d20+9 = 14 Damage:6d6+16 = 32

    Parries: 1d20+12 = 131d20+12 = 251d20+12 = 301d20+12 = 271d20+12 = 181d20+12 = 141d20+12 = 16

    Note
    If underwater, +1 to strike and +2 to parry.
    Barracuda
    Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
    SDC: 121/121
    HP: 23/23
    Critical Strike: 18-20



    Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
    Image

    Ledger
    User avatar
    Barracuda
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
     
    Posts: 358
    Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
    Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

    Re: Torment

    Postby Ashlynn » Fri May 08, 2020 1:54 pm

    Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 27 (SUCCESS)

    JIC: 1d20 = 14
    1d100 = 82

    Conditions:
    • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

    Barracuda wrote:”Heroes, we're in Saint Louis, Missouri! This is a different version of our Earth! I think that device sent us to a different dimension. It's not my home, but it's close.”


    Ashlynn, slogging through the water, looks around. Maybe it's MY home...

    She doesn't have long to dwell on this, however, as they reach the military APC's, calls of help comign from inside.

    As she and Barracuda look inside, and see the occupants fused to the vehicle, she is stunned, horrified. "I... I don't ..."

    She feels herself being gently moved to the side.

    Barracuda wrote:”Cover your eyes. This is going to be bright.”


    Breathing heavy, her eyes heavy, trying to hold back tears, she moves away, looking for surviviors - survivors she can help. She moves with the group, letting Barracuda and Ronith put the unsaveable out of their misery, feeling generally useless.

    'Feel your feelings later', like Pangur Ban taught me. 'Hunt first.'

    As they move, she repeats her previous actions, trying to find survivors among the wrack and ruin, and defend from zombies. She tries to ignore the heaviness in her heart, and the image of the suffering soldiers seared into her brain.

    Radar
    Interpret Shapes 90% 1d100 = 51 (locate human/oids - preferably swimming or standing - SUCCESS)
    Estimate Distance 92% 1d100 = 43 - SUCCESS
    Estimate Direction 92% 1d100 = 3 - CRIT. SUCCESS
    Estimate Speed 72% 1d100 = 79 - FAIL
    Estimate Exact Location 82% 1d100 = 63 - SUCCESS

    Heightened Hearing
    Estimate distance of sound 70% 1d100 = 38 (listen for any human/oids replying to the group's calls - SUCCESS)
    Estimate speed and direction of approach 60% 1d100 = 64 - FAIL

    On Grant's advice not to use magic, she sheathes the magic sword and draws her Wilk's Laser Sword

    Initiative 1d20+13 = 21

    APM: 9

    Action 1: Attack any zombie with Laser Sword 1d20+10 = 26; Damage 5d6 = 18
    Action 2: Attack any zombie with magic sword 1d20+10 = 12; Damage 5d6 = 14
    Action 3: Attack any zombie with magic sword 1d20+10 = 16; Damage 5d6 = 17
    Action 4: Attack any zombie with magic sword 1d20+10 = 13; Damage 5d6 = 18
    Action 5: Attack any zombie with magic sword 1d20+10 = 25; Damage 5d6 = 15
    Action 6: Attack any zombie with magic sword 1d20+10 = 30 (Crit!); Damage 5d6 = 13 X 2 = 26
    Action 7: Attack any zombie with magic sword 1d20+10 = 26; Damage 5d6 = 16
    Action 8: Attack any zombie with magic sword 1d20+10 = 30; Damage 5d6 = 18
    Action 9: Attack any zombie with magic sword 1d20+10 = 11; Damage 5d6 = 21

    Parries: 1) 1d20+16 = 26; 2) 1d20+16 = 24; 3) 1d20+16 = 25; 4) 1d20+16 = 22; 5) 1d20+16 = 31; 6) 1d20+16 = 31; 7) 1d20+16 = 23; 8 ) 1d20+16 = 20; 9) 1d20+16 = 34

    Autododges (if necessary): 1) 1d20+3 = 13; 2) 1d20+3 = 21; 3) 1d20+3 = 13; 4) 1d20+3 = 20; 5) 1d20+3 = 20; 6) 1d20+3 = 5; 7) 1d20+3 = 18; 8 ) 1d20+3 = 8; 9) 1d20+3 = 7
    Ashlynn
    AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

    H.P.: 45/45
    S.D.C.: 68/68


    TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
    M.D.C. by Location:
    • Helmet: 45/45
    • Arms: 40/40 each
    • Legs: 45/45 each
    • Main Body: 100/100
    Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
    Features:
    • All Features of Triax EBA
    • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
    • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
    • Infrared & thermal masking

    N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
    M.D.C. by Location:
      Force Field: 75
    Features:
      10 hour duration per E-clip
    User avatar
    Ashlynn
    Gold Level Patron
    Gold Level Patron
     
    Posts: 240
    Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

    Re: Torment

    Postby Weiss » Sun May 10, 2020 1:45 pm

    Perception 53% 1d100 = 90
    JIC 1d100 = 50 1d20 = 19

    Virtus wrote:Weiss talks with the woman in the bowl, asking about her location. "We're in the dld Capital Building! Hurry, there's a lot of hurt people! I don't think we will make it much longer!"


    "Hang in there, are you under attack?" he looks out at the building currently surrounded by the undead. Over the sound of the flamethrower, flooding, explosions etc. he doubted anyone could hear him.

    Virtus wrote:Jazia clearly unsettled says "Of course, I'll stay on. Beltin and Marit have already left though. Zoe's still here though."


    Damn, Beltin might have known more about the bowls

    "Get Zoe as well, she might have some input," he yells as he burns up some undead. Not what I'd planned to attack with this

    Virtus wrote:The flood water rush past everyone, moving towards the old limestone building unnaturally, as if being called. Weiss from the cockpit of Blue Beauty, rains fire down on the living dead. The night is washed in a yellow orange glow as they just don't stop coming.


    As he pilots the Beauty through the portal, he is surprised that it has not awry, or at least as much as it could have done.

    Ronith wrote:When they reach another stopping point, Ronith eyes the limestone building warily. He then turns to Weiss (or whoever else is using the moon bowl at this point). ”See if you can get them to describe the building’s exterior. Tell them to pretend we are new to the area.”


    "We don't know the area. What does the building look like and is it under attack?" he asks into the bowl, "What is your name? How many people are in the building? How did you know to use the bowl? Do you have any weapons to defend yourselves?" He awaits confirmation

    Weiss positions the Beauty ready to repel attackers if there is a suitable access point to their location. Otherwise, he tracks anything that comes near, but tries to not radar lock the NEMA forces. They might not take kindly to that and are certainly in a trigger happy mood. He was ready for a fight and figures that will come soon.

    "Whoever is at the APC, grab the medical kits. Sounds like we are going to need them."
    viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

    HP: 32
    SDC: 54

    Active:
    Clock calendar
    Gyro Compass
    User avatar
    Weiss
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
     
    Posts: 244
    Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
    Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

    Re: Torment

    Postby Jack McDermott » Mon May 11, 2020 7:20 am

    Perception: 1d100 = 84 vs 42%
    JIC: 1d20 = 1 and 1d100 = 94

    Narrative

    Not finding anyone alive Jack's despair grows. This is not my home either, he thinks to himself as he hears the others. When Weiss radios that he needs the medical kit from the APC he heads that way, grabs it and brings it to Weiss. "Not that I know what do with this stuff very well, but here it is." Watching around him he continues, "We need to go. We need to go now. Can't grant take us home? I just want to go home." Jack can feel a tear in his eye and he focusses hard to pull it back.

    Overwhelmed by all the torment he went through after his first rift he finds it hard to focus on what is around him. Not again, I can't. It took, so long. So long. When it finally seemed like home. Home. I just want to go home. Jack watches around the team and follows them. He will shoot anything that seems to be a threat as or if it nears the team.

    Combat

    Initiative: 1d20+1 = 19
    APM: 6

    Action 1: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+8 = 9
    Action 2: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+8 = 20
    Action 3: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+8 = 18
    Action 4: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+8 = 12
    Action 5: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+8 = 25
    Action 6: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+8 = 24

    Auto Parry: 1d20+8 = 28, 1d20+8 = 16, 1d20+8 = 28, 1d20+8 = 16, 1d20+8 = 19, 1d20+8 = 9

    Contingency:

    If something pops up that threatens Jack, his team or any of the civilians he is looking for he will strike with his Tesla Bow

    Action 1: Strike 1d20+12 = 27, Damage 4d6 = 10 + Tesla Effect
    Action 2: Strike 1d20+12 = 13, Damage 4d6 = 11 + Tesla Effect
    Action 3: Strike 1d20+12 = 30, Damage 4d6 = 9 + Tesla Effect
    Action 4: Strike 1d20+12 = 18, Damage 4d6 = 20 + Tesla Effect
    Action 5: Strike 1d20+12 = 30, Damage 4d6 = 10 + Tesla Effect
    Action 6: Strike 1d20+12 = 29, Damage 4d6 = 17 + Tesla Effect

    Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative and 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor.
    1d20+12 = 22
    1d20+12 = 18
    1d20+12 = 27
    [H.P.: 17/17
    S.D.C.: 59/59
    Perception: 30%
    Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

    Character Sheet
    Saving Throw Bonuses
    • Coma/Death: +10%
    • Magic (varies):
    • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
    • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
    • Insanity (12+): +1
    • Psionics (varies): +1
    • Horror Factor (varies):

    Combat Data
    • HTH Type: Expert
    • Number of Attacks: 5
    • Initiative Bonus: +1
    • Strike Bonus: +3
    • Parry Bonus: +5
    • Dodge Bonus: +5
    • HTH Damage Bonus:
    • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
    • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
    • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
    • Bonus to Disarm:
    • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

    NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
    M.D.C. by Location:
    • Head/Helmet - 50/50
    • Arms -30 /30
    • Legs - 40/40
    • Main Body -60 /60
    User avatar
    Jack McDermott
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
     
    Posts: 144
    Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

    Re: Torment

    Postby Virtus » Wed May 13, 2020 4:56 pm

    Conditions
    Time: Day 3, 00:03
    Temperature: 26F
    Visibility: 50ft (heavy fog)
    Wind: 5mph out of the Northwest
    Snow: 12"
    4 feet of flooding
    Radio Traffic: moderate, heavy interference
    Magic Use: Extreme magics within 500ft
    Nexus Present within 1 mile
    Open Rifts within 1 mile


    All is not well. The smell of burning fuel, electronics and flesh is abundant in the air, as a breeze brings scents from the rest of the city to the west. Glowing embers of ash flit down occasionally mixed with snow. The continued assault on the arch and formless creature does not stop. The screen of railguns, missiles, lasers and all other forms of destruction available to the forces here rain down at the gate and elsewhere in the city.

    The assembled forces now under Ronith's command now huddle under the overpass. The only available mercy was meeted out by Ronith and Barracuda. Spanky nods in support while others look away. Weiss speaks back into the bowl to get more information.

    "Under attack?! I don't know what else to say but zombies!" she says with a touch of hysterical laughter mixed with tears. The sound of laser fire is heard in the background. "We are keeping them back but the soldiers say they are running out of ammo. And... they're sick. Most the people here are. No one will come to us. The soldiers here were attacked by their own people. Everything's gone crazy!" she says. Sweat drips from her brow and looking into her eyes, she probably hasn't slept recently.

    Weiss gathers more information to get a better idea of the situation. "My name is Ryver. I don't know anything about these bowls. They were up here in a display case when I heard voices from you. Your's and someone elses." she screams suddenly as glass breaks somewhere and more weapons are heard. Panting she continues. "The building?! Uh, um, yeah, uh, looks like a tall stone building. Classical style. Can you see the arch? We're like due west of the arch. There's a dome thing at the top."

    Judging from her description, everyone realizes it's the buildings just west and a touch north of them. Looking at the building, there is a whirlpool that has encircled the building with water swelling up as much as 10ft above the street in a wall of sorts. No doubt in anyone's mind it is unnatural. However, as much of a threat as it might be it is also keeping the zombies largely at bay. A few dozen can be seen assailing the building, some even climbing it.

    In the water nearby the ensemble takes out a dozen or so that have wandered close enough to sense their life energy. Flight is an obvious pathway into the building for those that can. Swimming could also work, but it would be difficult for many, save for Barracuda. An APC might be able to fjord the whirlpool successfully due to its great size, but it would take a driver with nerves of steel.

    Grant, fully aware of the danger of a ley line storm to all the magic users here employs his expertise. He engages a magic of great power, amplified by the magical torrent that is this area. No doubt it's acting like a triangle. The power is overwhelming. He weaves strands of power together, tapping arcane pathways and bending them to his will. It is difficult for the magus as the storm overhead resists him. Sweat rolls off his brow as the tormented consciousness within the storm lashes out at everything. None the less, he erects his protection. The massive amount of PPE in this area unleashes the effect on a scale he has never seen. The flashes of lighting still continue and the storm does not move, but it seems contained within the cloud, at least that's what he sees for a few moments. No sooner is the spell complete than a fog with a faint blue glow accumulates. It's almost unnoticeable save for where the fog gathers more thickly. Of interest to many is the fog rushes to and fro like a current. The sounds of combat and emergency within the city become muffled. Grant can sense the storm but it seems distant as if it was glaring at him from across a divide.

    Visibility is limited, but shadows walk among the fog. Whisps of fog that roll back and forth sometimes outline a hateful form. Some vengeful thing that no longer as a body and hates those that still do, revealed only in their burning eyes. One of Gallow Twelves crew takes a shot at one of the specters, but it simply rolls into mist seemingly unaffected, but there are 5 watching the group from shadows coming and going.

    "How do you want to make your approach? While the zombies before have been of little concern, there are around 4 dozen in and around the courthouse. Also, the courthouse is SDC as all would know."

    Map
    H4H Capital Bldg.png
    User avatar
    Virtus
    Game Master
     
    Posts: 333
    Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

    Re: Torment

    Postby Ronith » Sat May 16, 2020 7:52 am

    Initiative: 1d20+13 = 25 (+2 if a rapid assault catches an enemy by surprise)
    JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 99
    PER: 1d100 = 66 vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
    APM: 9
    Conditions
    [*]Ley line nexus: Triples range/duration/damage of magic, doubles range and damage of magic weapons, doubles range and duration of psionic powers, can draw 1d6+1 ISP per melee.
    [*]Invulnerability: BoM P. 116; 50/50 MDC; impervious to cold, disease, drugs, gases, energy, poison, and toxins; +10 vs. magic/psionics/horror factor; 3m15s left.
    [*]Enhanced reflexes: R25 P. 75, +1 APM, +3 I, +1s, +2p/d, +2PP [+1 s/p/d], +15% to physical skills that rely on coordination or balance (+5% after EBA penalty), 43m30s left.
    [*]Extended presence sense: 150ft. range, 43m30s left. Can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings in the area, 50%+3%/level skill.
    Extended Presence Sense: 1d100 = 67 vs. 89%
    To try and determine whether the specters are real.
    Extended Presence Sense: 1d100 = 17 vs. 89%
    To search for survivors.
    Friend or Foe (perception check): 1d100 = 78 vs. 116%
    To rapidly identify enemy targets and distinguish them from civilians (HoH, P. 84)

    As the adrenaline rush caused by their abrupt arrival and the sudden appearance carnage all around them subsides, Ronith takes a moment to catch his breath. Already in a foul mood due to the need for so many mercy killings, Ronith’s mind races and his eyes dart about the area as he first makes sure there are no serious wounds or other equipment problems requiring his attention, then takes stock of the situation outside their little bubble of safety. Ronith breathes easier once Grant is able to secure the area from the ley line storm, with a hearty ”Well done! How long will this protection last?” After Grant answers, Ronith listens to the rest of Weiss’ conversation through the bowl, and begins formulating a plan.

    ”Heroes for Hire- gear up for rapid insertion and close-quarters combat. The target building is fragile- no explosives and heavy ordinance until we get the survivors clear. Daisuke, get us inside or as close to inside as you can.” Ronith then approaches the most senior commander of the allied mercenary companies. ”Commander ****, I am leaving you in command here. My team and I are going into that building” Ronith points at the target ”to rescue civilians inside. Form a perimeter here, keep the vehicles protected. Have the collegiate mages and any psychics be on guard for these specters, and make sure your men know to expect our return portal. Be sure they keep their fire well-clear of the target building, as well- we may need you to distract that zombie horde a little, but that building is from a different era and I do not trust it to withstand so much as a stray shot. If you can do so safely, try to scout for our safest road away from the city, and… all that.” Ronith motions vaguely in the direction of the Devil’s Gate. ”Once the portal opens, get all of the civilians safely into the vehicles. We are bugging out as soon as we save all those we can.” Assuming that his new deputy doesn’t have any questions or follow-up comments, Ronith strides back to the assembled Heroes for Hire, doing a quick check of first his own gear then everyone else’s.

    ”Remember- our priority is to save civilians, not kill zombies. Take care with your weapons fire- melee and small arms only unless absolutely necessary. Daisuke, on my signal open your portal- have you identified a suitable target for your ability?” Ronith will modify his strategy based on exactly where Daisuke can set the team down- if his portal can get them inside the building with little to no interference from the zombies outside, he will direct Daisuke to make a portal large enough for the entire team to go through at once (or as close to it as we can reasonably get), and hit the ground running on the other side. Alternatively, if Daisuke can get the team close but we will still need to contend with a modest number of undead just to get inside, Ronith will request a portal just large enough for two to go through at a time, then lead a charge against the zombies. Finally, if the press of zombies around the building is so great that there is no way in without fighting an untenable number of them, Ronith will direct the allied mercs to fire some explosives well, well clear of the building but hopefully close enough to draw the zombies’ attention long enough for Heroes for Hire to slip inside.

    ”Pair up- Barracuda, you and I shall lead the charge against any zombies that bar our way. Ash, Jack- you are next. Follow us in and take up overwatch positions in anticipation of covering fire. After that, Grant- provide magical support, and do what you can to try and home in on the survivors’ location. They are most likely all gathered in one location, so I should be able to detect them psionically once we are inside. But I want us to check for stragglers if we can. Weiss, you and Daisuke bring up the rear. Since you have already been in communication with them, once we locate them I want you to run point on the evacuation while the rest of us help hold off the zombies. Once all of the survivors are clear, get them organized and get them into vehicles. We need to get the Hel out of this city.”

    Once everyone is ready, Ronith gives Daisuke the signal, and plunges through the portal with his blades drawn. The cyber-knight will lead a charge against any zombies that are immediately threatening, but once the entire team is through the portal Ronith will seek to bypass any zombies if they can do so safely. He will rely on his presence sense to try and hone in on the survivors- his immediate priority is to locate the main group and begin evacuating them, but Ronith will also take note of any other non-undead human presences he senses in the building, in anticipation of a more personal rescue.

    Action 1: Strike with Frostfang, 1d20+19 = 29 to strike, 1d6*20 = 120 MD.
    Action 2: Strike with Frostfang, 1d20+19 = 21 to strike, 1d6*20 = 120 MD.
    Action 3: Strike with Frostfang, 1d20+19 = 26 to strike, 1d6*20 = 40 MD.
    Action 4: Strike with Frostfang, 1d20+19 = 29 to strike, 1d6*20 = 80 MD.
    Action 5: Strike with Frostfang, 1d20+19 = 28 to strike, 1d6*20 = 60 MD.
    Action 6: Strike with Frostfang, 1d20+19 = 34 to strike, 1d6*20 = 60 MD.
    Action 7: Strike with Frostfang, 1d20+19 = 38 to strike, 1d6*20 = 60x2 = 120 MD.
    Action 8: Strike with Frostfang, 1d20+19 = 38 to strike, 1d6*20 = 80x2 = 160 MD.
    Action 9: Strike with Frostfang, 1d20+19 = 30 to strike, 1d6*20 = 40 MD.

    Auto-parries: 1d20+23 = 39, 1d20+23 = 39, 1d20+23 = 32, 1d20+23 = 27, 1d20+23 = 28, 1d20+23 = 43, 1d20+23 = 25, 1d20+23 = 25, 1d20+23 = 40
    Auto-dodges: 1d20+11 = 23, 1d20+11 = 18, 1d20+11 = 26, 1d20+11 = 31, 1d20+11 = 15, 1d20+11 = 30, 1d20+11 = 20, 1d20+11 = 28, 1d20+11 = 28
    I am better than you. You just don't know it.
    Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
    Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
    +11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
    Status
    ISP- 64/91; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
    Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

    Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
    User avatar
    Ronith
    Group Leader
     
    Posts: 560
    Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
    Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

    Re: Torment

    Postby Grant Latham » Sat May 16, 2020 3:24 pm

    New Perception: 75% vs 1d100 = 82
    JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 90


    Constant Abilities
    Character Sheet

    • Sense Ley Line: 84%
    • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
    • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
    • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
    • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
    • Immune to Possession
    • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
    • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
    • Base Spell Strength: 15
    • Spell Range doubled
    • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
    • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
    • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
    Stats
    • M.D.C.: 90/90
    • I.S.P.: 90/90
    • P.P.E.: 500/636
    • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
    Active Magic and Psionics
    • Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
    • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 179.50 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
    • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 5 PPE | 89.50 min | 3000'
    • Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 35.50 min
    • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 30 PPE | 35.50 min | 198 M.D.C. regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
    • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 89.50 min
    • Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 35.50 min | 3600' in non magical darkness
    • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 8.50 min | 1200'
    • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 35.50 min | 270' radius


    Invincible Armor Regeneration: 1d6 = 3 M.D.C.
    Free I.S.P.: 1d6+9 = 13

    The mage feels the anger and pain from the swollen ley lines around them. His eyes tear up from both the suffering as well as the pain from the headache caused by psychic interference from the storm. As he complete the chant to create the defensive bubble, he feels the ley lines attempt to refuse the magic, then capitulate fueling and amplifying the magic. Above Grants head a clear spot in the sky appears that rushes out to protect an area over 18,000' in diameter. The pressure in the mage's head immediately begins to subside, finally giving him the opportunity to see the destruction and fighting going above and around him. He processes what some of the others have said, We are back in time? At the time of the cataclysm and the end of the golden age of man.

    Are we back in time or in an alternate dimension?
    Lore: Magic 124% vs 1d100 = 78
    Lore: Geomancy and Ley Lines 99% vs 1d100 = 30
    History: Pre-Rifts 85%/73% vs 1d100 = 44


    He moves back to the rest of the group.

    Sir Ronith wrote:Ronith breathes easier once Grant is able to secure the area from the ley line storm, with a hearty ”Well done! How long will this protection last?” After Grant answers, Ronith listens to the rest of Weiss’ conversation through the bowl, and begins formulating a plan.


    Grant's lips quirk into a lopsided grin, he can't help feel a bit of satisfaction at successfully casting the spell. He looks back up at the sky before answering, "Normally on a ley line, I would expect the spell to last about 90 minutes. But I can sense we are in a web of ley lines, and are within an area where three ley lines are intersecting to create a triangle. Here, I'd expect the magic to hold for just over," he pauses for effect, "6 days."

    When he hears that Weiss is still communicating with Jazia and another person, he says, "There have been a handful of accounts of people believing they have traveled back in time. I can't think of any where it was deliberate. The fact that we are still able to communicate to Jazia gives me pause. It may be that we are in some sort of parallel dimension instead." He examines the image in the bowl, "I could try to teleport us based on what I am seeing, but the danger is incredibly high." Grant concentrates for a few seconds and examines the bowl with his psychic ability of Read Dimension Portal to try and understand the magic used. (6 I.S.P., RUE 175 | 60 seconds | Determine: * If dangerous * Supernatural evil: strong or numerous * Who last used it * Destination: Astral, Xitcix, Dreamstream, or current planet * Tech or magic based and how to operate it.)

    "I wish we had more time to ponder and research this, but we can see with our eyes that this place is under-siege, we need to act and help the other woman, Ryver, that John is in communication," Grant says as the psychic ability fades.

    With Sir Ronith's orders to the other teams from Merc-Town to defend the overpass, Grant casts Ice (15 P.P.E. | BOM 112 | 2700' | 135 min | 10'x10'x90' Ice Block with 450 M.D.C. per 10' section) to create a semi-circle between them and the Devil's Gate. Now that the storm is banished from the area, he begins to draw in energy to replenish what he lost and has spent from the storm (40 P.P.E./round).

    He looks around and spots the building that appears to match the description that Ryver. As he does he spots the shadowy figures in the fog. Not good, we need to move along. he thinks. Grant says to his team, "Magic is much stronger here, the range, duration, and damage of most spells. Magical weapons will be more powerful as well. Defensive magic is not equally enhanced, so be cautious, even minor offensive magics will strike much harder than you may have encountered previously."

    If there is time to cast and recover the lost P.P.E., Grant casts Invincible Armor (30 P.P.E./each) on his teammates. He then moves into position, Draining Blade(uncharged) in hand and moves through Daisuke's portal. Once he is through, he uses his enhanced senses to assist locating those trapped in the building (Infravision, Nightvision, Sense Evil, See the Invisible)

    Code: Select all
    [*] Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 81 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy



    APM: 8
    Initiative: 1d20+6 = 24
    Critical Strike on natural 18-20, or from behind

    1. Strike with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+8 = 18, Damage 4d6+6 = 25 M.D.
    2. Strike with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+8 = 22, Damage 4d6+6 = 19 M.D.
    3. Strike with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+8 = 13, Damage 4d6+6 = 17 M.D.
    4. Strike with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+8 = 11, Damage 4d6+6 = 24 M.D.
    5. Strike with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+8 = 17, Damage 4d6+6 = 19 M.D.
    6. Strike with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+8 = 19, Damage 4d6+6 = 17 M.D.
    7. Strike with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+8 = 26, Damage 4d6+6 = 19 M.D. crit!
    8. Strike with Draining Blade. Strike: 1d20+8 = 17, Damage 4d6+6 = 14 M.D.

    Contingency Parry(+8): 8d20:
    11, 14, 10, 15, 3, 4, 7, 14
    Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

    Info
    H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

    Constant Special Abilities
    • Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

    Equipped Gear of Note
    MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
    6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
    User avatar
    Grant Latham
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
     
    Posts: 435
    Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
    Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

    Re: Torment

    Postby Ashlynn » Mon May 18, 2020 9:57 am

    Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 5

    JIC: 1d20 = 14
    1d100 = 76

    Conditions:
    • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.

    Whirlpool... giant demon... zombies... huge-ass rift... and those... those poor people... this... this is too much... Too much... NO! I can't ... I CAN'T! No! Stay positive... remember Pangur's lessons... fight now, feelings later!

    In the swirling chaos, Ronith's voice cuts through the noise and gives Ashlynn purpose.

    Ronith wrote:”Heroes for Hire- gear up for rapid insertion and close-quarters combat. The target building is fragile- no explosives and heavy ordinance until we get the survivors clear... Remember- our priority is to save civilians, not kill zombies.... Pair up- Barracuda, you and I shall lead the charge against any zombies that bar our way. Ash, Jack- you are next. Follow us in and take up overwatch positions in anticipation of covering fire."


    Ashlynn laughs, the chaos and horror perhaps too much all at once. "You're sending me into a fragile building?" Nevertheless, she wields her laser sword and energy shield, and prepares to dash through Daisuke's portal with Jack, and meet whatever zombies there are on the other side. She looks at Jack with a laugh, her eyes almost maniacal, as she bounces on her toes like a runner at the blocks. "You ready, cowboy?"

    Initiative 1d20+13 = 14 (Nat. 1!)

    APM: 9

    Action 1: Attack any zombie with Laser Sword 1d20+10 = 23; Damage 5d6 = 23
    Action 2: Attack any zombie with Laser Sword 1d20+10 = 17; Damage 5d6 = 17
    Action 3: Attack any zombie with Laser Sword 1d20+10 = 13; Damage 5d6 = 25
    Action 4: Attack any zombie with Laser Sword 1d20+10 = 15; Damage 5d6 = 13
    Action 5: Attack any zombie with Laser Sword 1d20+10 = 28; Damage 5d6 = 10
    Action 6: Attack any zombie with Laser Sword 1d20+10 = 20; Damage 5d6 = 20
    Action 7: Attack any zombie with Laser Sword 1d20+10 = 19; Damage 5d6 = 20
    Action 8: Attack any zombie with Laser Sword 1d20+10 = 29; Damage 5d6 = 16
    Action 9: Attack any zombie with Laser Sword 1d20+10 = 28; Damage 5d6 = 13

    Parries (with energy shield): 1) 1d20+16 = 17; 2) 1d20+16 = 18; 3) 1d20+16 = 34; 4) 1d20+16 = 29; 5) 1d20+16 = 30; 6) 1d20+16 = 32; 7) 1d20+16 = 36 (Nat. 20!); 8 ) 1d20+16 = 20; 9) 1d20+16 = 33

    Autododges (if necessary): 1) 1d20+3 = 23 (Nat. 20!); 2) 1d20+3 = 21; 3) 1d20+3 = 12; 4) 1d20+3 = 7; 5) 1d20+3 = 17; 6) 1d20+3 = 14; 7) 1d20+3 = 4; 8 ) 1d20+3 = 21; 9) 1d20+3 = 23 (Nat. 20!)
    Ashlynn
    AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

    H.P.: 45/45
    S.D.C.: 68/68


    TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
    M.D.C. by Location:
    • Helmet: 45/45
    • Arms: 40/40 each
    • Legs: 45/45 each
    • Main Body: 100/100
    Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
    Features:
    • All Features of Triax EBA
    • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
    • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
    • Infrared & thermal masking

    N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
    M.D.C. by Location:
      Force Field: 75
    Features:
      10 hour duration per E-clip
    User avatar
    Ashlynn
    Gold Level Patron
    Gold Level Patron
     
    Posts: 240
    Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

    Re: Torment

    Postby Jack McDermott » Mon May 18, 2020 10:43 am

    Perception: 1d100 = 39 vs 42%
    JIC: 1d20 = 13 and 1d100 = 51

    Ronith wrote:”Pair up- Barracuda, you and I shall lead the charge against any zombies that bar our way. Ash, Jack- you are next. Follow us in and take up overwatch positions in anticipation of covering fire. After that, Grant- provide magical support, and do what you can to try and home in on the survivors’ location. They are most likely all gathered in one location, so I should be able to detect them psionically once we are inside. But I want us to check for stragglers if we can. Weiss, you and Daisuke bring up the rear. Since you have already been in communication with them, once we locate them I want you to run point on the evacuation while the rest of us help hold off the zombies. Once all of the survivors are clear, get them organized and get them into vehicles. We need to get the Hel out of this city.”


    Jack focuses directly on Ronith as he starts to provide direction on who they will proceed, Hold it together, this is just a thing. Rontih directs him to take a covering fires position once they reach the other side and he nods, "Gotcha boss, I'll keep whatever is there off of you as best I can."

    Ashlynn wrote:Ashlynn laughs, the chaos and horror perhaps too much all at once. "You're sending me into a fragile building?" Nevertheless, she wields her laser sword and energy shield, and prepares to dash through Daisuke's portal with Jack, and meet whatever zombies there are on the other side. She looks at Jack with a laugh, her eyes almost maniacal, as she bounces on her toes like a runner at the blocks. "You ready, cowboy?"


    Jack takes his position ready to move and when Ash asks him if he is ready replies, "Nope" with a slight pause then looks at her directly and says, "Don't think we have a choice though. Don't die!" Jack turns back prepared to go through the portal. On the other side he will immediately look for any threats to the team and do his best to take it down. If he has time he will try to find a place that gives him the best vantage point to do it first.

    Combat

    Initiative: 1d20+1 = 16
    APM: 6

    *** Jack will refrain from taking any shots with the bow that may potentially jeopardize the buildings structure.

    Action 1: Strike 1d20+12 = 27, Damage 4d6 = 15 + Tesla Effect
    Action 2: Strike 1d20+12 = 26, Damage 4d6 = 14 + Tesla Effect
    Action 3: Strike 1d20+12 = 21, Damage 4d6 = 13 + Tesla Effect
    Action 4: Strike 1d20+12 = 24, Damage 4d6 = 18 + Tesla Effect
    Action 5: Strike 1d20+12 = 13, Damage 4d6 = 12 + Tesla Effect
    Action 6: Strike 1d20+12 = 19, Damage 4d6 = 19 + Tesla Effect

    Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative and 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor.

    Auto Parry: 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 19, 1d20+8 = 23, 1d20+8 = 13, 1d20+8 = 12, 1d20+8 = 28

    Contingency:

    If something pops up that threatens Jack directly he will forego up to two actions above to dodge.

    Dodge to replace up to 2 actions above as needed
    1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 12
    [H.P.: 17/17
    S.D.C.: 59/59
    Perception: 30%
    Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

    Character Sheet
    Saving Throw Bonuses
    • Coma/Death: +10%
    • Magic (varies):
    • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
    • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
    • Insanity (12+): +1
    • Psionics (varies): +1
    • Horror Factor (varies):

    Combat Data
    • HTH Type: Expert
    • Number of Attacks: 5
    • Initiative Bonus: +1
    • Strike Bonus: +3
    • Parry Bonus: +5
    • Dodge Bonus: +5
    • HTH Damage Bonus:
    • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
    • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
    • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
    • Bonus to Disarm:
    • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

    NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
    M.D.C. by Location:
    • Head/Helmet - 50/50
    • Arms -30 /30
    • Legs - 40/40
    • Main Body -60 /60
    User avatar
    Jack McDermott
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
     
    Posts: 144
    Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

    Re: Torment

    Postby Daisuke » Tue May 19, 2020 5:45 am

    ]-----------------------------------
    Perception: 1d100 = 3 | 21%
    JIC: 1d20 = 9 | 1d100 = 80%
    -----------------------------------
    Constant Abilities
    Character Sheet
    • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
    • Earth Empowerment
    • Adhesion
    • Instant Wardrobe [30lbs] (2/2)
    • Instead Weapon [70lbs] (1/1)
      • Lynx Laser Rifle
    Stats
      HP: 21/21
      SDC: 81/81
      PPE: 13/13
    Crusader EBA
    Image
    [size=85]M.D.C. by Location:
    • Helmet: 50
    • Arms: 30 each
    • Legs: 50 each
    • Main Body: 95
    Weight: 24 lbs.
    Modifiers: Fair mobility, -15% to physical skills
    Features:
    • All features standard to environmental armor
    Book Reference: p.55-56, WB 34

    Saving Throw Bonuses
    Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
    Coma/Death: +4%
    Toxins (15+): +1
    Magic (varies): +1
    Magic (Illusions): +2
    Magic (mind-altering): +7
    Lethal Poison (14+): +1
    Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
    Insanity (12+): +10
    Psionics (12+): +6
    Horror Factor: +9
    Disease: +2
    Drugs (mind-altering): +6
    Possession: +6[/size]
    Active Magic and Psionics

      Daisuke continues to move with the squad, staying near Sir Ronith as the cyberknight directs him on tactical portal-making. When not opening portals, he remains at the ready, rifle prepared to fire, but not expending the shots unless forced to. He averts his gaze and looks away when others of H4H mercy-kill those who are dying, ending their suffering. We do not have the luxury of time or resources to help them. the Arismal tells himself. But his internal moral compass is wavering, uncertain of his own words.

      Action does not wait for Daisuke’s musings however and Sir Ronith does what a good leader does, making decisions quickly.

      Ronith wrote:”Heroes for Hire- gear up for rapid insertion and close-quarters combat. The target building is fragile- no explosives and heavy ordinance until we get the survivors clear. Daisuke, get us inside or as close to inside as you can.”

      ”My power requires line-of-sight. So cannot get us inside the building, but will get us as close as I can.” Daisuke notifies his commander. After assessing the situation a moment longer, he continues while gesturing for clarity, ”Exit portal will be at the ledge near those exterior windows, the floor just beneath the base of the dome. Step carefully through the portal. Though it looks structurally sound, the ledge looks to be an ornamental architectural structure rather than functional. Once through, a breach of the nearby window will grant us access to the building. If there are enemies inside, this will be an unexpected entry, likely not fortified. And its elevation should keep us clear of both the undead and whatever that whirlpool wall is.”

      After opening the portal ((keeping it relatively small, only man-sized, so as to minimize missteps)), Daisuke will ensure that every member of H4H sees the exit portal and the hazard of the ledge prior to going through. Immediately before crossing the portal threshold, Daisuke will will the Lynx rifle into his Instant Weapon stash, leaving his hands free to grip the wall if necessary.

      Should Sir Ronith veto his idea for an unconventional exit portal, Daisuke will not question his command. And instead will create the portal where he can as per the cyberknight’s instructions. If he intends to cleave his way through a swath of zombies rather than utilize a more subtle insertion, Daisuke will assume that there is a reason for it.



      Combat
      APM: 5
      Initiative: 1d20+3 = 16
      1. Dodge (if necessary): 1d20+4 = 22
      2. Dodge (if necessary): 1d20+4 = 22
      3. Dodge (if necessary): 1d20+4 = 19
      4. Dodge (if necessary): 1d20+4 = 10
      5. Dodge (if necessary): 1d20+4 = 20

      Auto-parries (+4 not included): 5d20:
      19, 16, 4, 7, 11
      User avatar
      Daisuke
       
      Posts: 41
      Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
      Location: Heroes for Hire

      Re: Torment

      Postby Barracuda » Tue May 19, 2020 12:53 pm

      Perception: 1d100 = 92/43% (58% underwater)
      JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 69

      The terror of the situation remains hovering over Barracuda's head held off only by the upset he feels at having put the fused and wounded out of their misery. He's happy to join the others away from that portion of the mayhem.

      Grant Latham wrote:
      Sir Ronith wrote:Ronith breathes easier once Grant is able to secure the area from the ley line storm, with a hearty ”Well done! How long will this protection last?” After Grant answers, Ronith listens to the rest of Weiss’ conversation through the bowl, and begins formulating a plan.


      Grant's lips quirk into a lopsided grin, he can't help feel a bit of satisfaction at successfully casting the spell. He looks back up at the sky before answering, "Normally on a ley line, I would expect the spell to last about 90 minutes. But I can sense we are in a web of ley lines, and are within an area where three ley lines are intersecting to create a triangle. Here, I'd expect the magic to hold for just over," he pauses for effect, "6 days."

      "That is impressive, Grant! But what's that?" Barracuda points to the fog rolling in and specifically the menacing figures standing within.

      Ronith wrote:”Pair up- Barracuda, you and I shall lead the charge against any zombies that bar our way.”


      "Willing and able, Ronith!" Barracuda brings his spear to the ready and takes position next to Ronith in preparation for Daisuke's portal opening.


      Initiative: 1d20+3 = 4 (CRIT FAIL)
      APM: 7

      Action 1: Attack any zombies w/ King Tide w/ Oceanforce. Strike: 1d20+9 = 13 Damage: 6d6+16 = 36
      Action 2: Attack any zombies w/ King Tide w/ Oceanforce. Strike: 1d20+9 = 29 (CRIT) Damage: 6d6+16 = 30X2=44 MD
      Action 3: Attack any zombies w/ King Tide w/ Oceanforce. Strike: 1d20+9 = 11 Damage: 6d6+16 = 33
      Action 4: Attack any zombies w/ King Tide w/ Oceanforce. Strike: 1d20+9 = 29 (CRIT) Damage: 6d6+16 = 44X2=72 MD
      Action 5: Attack any zombies w/ King Tide w/ Oceanforce. Strike: 1d20+9 = 29 (CRIT) Damage: 6d6+16 = 42X2=68 MD
      Action 6: Attack any zombies w/ King Tide w/ Oceanforce. Strike: 1d20+9 = 28 (CRIT) Damage: 6d6+16 = 34X2=52 MD
      Action 7: Attack any zombies w/ King Tide w/ Oceanforce. Strike: 1d20+9 = 12 Damage: 6d6+16 = 39

      Parries: 1d20+12 = 32 (CRIT) 1d20+12 = 13 (CRIT FAIL) 1d20+12 = 141d20+12 = 211d20+12 = 201d20+12 = 241d20+12 = 25


      Note
      If underwater, +1 to strike and +2 to parry.
      Barracuda
      Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
      SDC: 121/121
      HP: 23/23
      Critical Strike: 18-20



      Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
      Image

      Ledger
      User avatar
      Barracuda
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 358
      Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
      Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

      Re: Torment

      Postby Grant Latham » Tue May 19, 2020 1:52 pm

      (rolls carried)

      Barracuda wrote:"That is impressive, Grant! But what's that?" Barracuda points to the fog rolling in and specifically the menacing figures standing within.


      Lore: Demons & Monsters 129% vs 1d100 = 57 | What are those things in the fog?

      "I am not entirely sure," Grant says to Barracuda. "But, the tales of when the Rifts erupted match what we are seeing where the world is being torn asunder by the stresses created by the Rifts. The number of rifts open now far exceeds what we see in our own time." Grant's tone changes on the word 'time' almost as if asking a question. "Many types of entities are drawn towards suffering and death for which there is plenty here. The fog may be part of their natural environment they need to survive or it could just be that they are waiting to find a vulnerable person to attack. In any event, lets stay away from them as much as possible. My main concern would be if they had the ability to possess a person. I am not sure how we'd get the spirit to depart without harming the host."

      Unspoken, Grant thinks to himself, The various mental techniques of the Three should shield me from possession, but how can I shield the others? The Invulnerability talisman is powerful, but it's duration is short. I can only hope that their mental fortitude is strong. I suppose I can restrain them magically which will hopefully prevent the entity from injuring it's host and will quickly get bored and leave.
      Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

      Info
      H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

      Constant Special Abilities
      • Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

      Equipped Gear of Note
      MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
      6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
      User avatar
      Grant Latham
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 435
      Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
      Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

      Re: Torment

      Postby Weiss » Wed May 20, 2020 3:11 pm

      Perception 53% 1d100 = 65
      Jic 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 89

      Virtus wrote:"Under attack?! I don't know what else to say but zombies!" she says with a touch of hysterical laughter mixed with tears. The sound of laser fire is heard in the background. "We are keeping them back but the soldiers say they are running out of ammo. And... they're sick. Most the people here are. No one will come to us. The soldiers here were attacked by their own people. Everything's gone crazy!" she says. Sweat drips from her brow and looking into her eyes, she probably hasn't slept recently.

      Weiss gathers more information to get a better idea of the situation. "My name is Ryver. I don't know anything about these bowls. They were up here in a display case when I heard voices from you. Your's and someone elses." she screams suddenly as glass breaks somewhere and more weapons are heard. Panting she continues. "The building?! Uh, um, yeah, uh, looks like a tall stone building. Classical style. Can you see the arch? We're like due west of the arch. There's a dome thing at the top."


      As Ronith starts barking orders, Weiss stays online for a moment longer.

      "Stay calm, help is on the way Ryver. Jaz, stay on the line with her and keep her calm." Weiss attempts to reassures her, knowing that panicking soldiers and civilians will make their job a lot harder, "My name is John Weiss, I will identify myself with that name to the soldiers so that they know we are friendly."

      OOC Comments
      Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30% 1d100 = 48


      "Warn the soldiers that we are coming and that we will be extracting you," he lays out the basic plan before he looks at the team and their weapons and appearances, "however, be forewarned, some of the squad have unusual appearances or behaviour so I am warning you as to not spook the soldiers. There are some strange things out there right now. We will be adding to the weirdness, but we are on your side."

      Grant Latham wrote:There have been a handful of accounts of people believing they have traveled back in time. I can't think of any where it was deliberate. The fact that we are still able to communicate to Jazia gives me pause. It may be that we are in some sort of parallel dimension instead." He examines the image in the bowl, "I could try to teleport us based on what I am seeing, but the danger is incredibly high."


      "Right now, I'm not sure it wouldn't be an improvement over this." Weiss lets him touch the bowl to learn what he can, This situation was way out of his league. Deal with the things you can deal with. Shoot the zombies, rescue the people, get everyone out of here. Get home to Jaz and Zac.

      Ronith wrote:Weiss, you and Daisuke bring up the rear. Since you have already been in communication with them, once we locate them I want you to run point on the evacuation while the rest of us help hold off the zombies. Once all of the survivors are clear, get them organized and get them into vehicles. We need to get the Hel out of this city.”


      Weiss nods, realising that the Beauty was not an asset in this situation. If there are suitable people amongst the mercenaries who can pilot the Beauty, he leaves them in charge of her. "You have use of her until I get back. Try not to lose her and use the missiles sparingly, preferably not all." If there is nobody suitable, he locks her down by the APC, ready to either go in combat or be stored quickly in the APC.

      He slings his plasma rifle on his back, preferring his pulse rifle for now. He might need the heavy firepower later, but the pulse rifle was less likely to destroy the building.

      "Okay D, I got your back. Let's go rescue some people."

      When they go through the portal, Weiss will keep back and shoot with the rifle.

      If he spots any soldiers defending the building, Weiss makes his way over.

      "This is John Weiss, hopefully you were expecting us!" he introduces himself

      initiative 1d20+1 = 2
      APM 6
      Attack 1 single shot on zombie 1d20+4 = 16 2d6 = 6
      Attack 2 single shot on zombie 1d20+4 = 9 2d6 = 7 or burst if single shot is not enough 6d6 = 23
      Attack 3 single shot on zombie 1d20+4 = 12 2d6 = 8 or burst if single shot is not enough 6d6 = 28
      Attack 4 single shot on zombie 1d20+4 = 22 2d6 = 5 or burst if single shot is not enough 6d6 = 18
      Attack 5 single shot on zombie 1d20+4 = 6 2d6 = 9 or burst if single shot is not enough 6d6 = 23
      Attack 6 single shot on zombie 1d20+4 = 5 2d6 = 10 or burst if single shot is not enough 6d6 = 23
      viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

      HP: 32
      SDC: 54

      Active:
      Clock calendar
      Gyro Compass
      User avatar
      Weiss
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 244
      Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
      Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

      Re: Torment

      Postby Virtus » Sat May 23, 2020 10:19 am

      Conditions
      Time: Day 3, 00:012
      Temperature: 26F
      Visibility: 50ft (heavy fog)
      Wind: 5mph out of the Northwest
      Snow: 12"
      4 feet of flooding
      Radio Traffic: moderate, heavy interference
      Magic Use: Extreme magics within 500ft. Triangle rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 200ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
      Nexus Present within 1 mile
      Open Rifts within 1 mile


      The lights of the groups vehicles, armors and robots light up the night, but most of what is seen is the fog. The fog has grown very thick as the team prepares to enter the old court house. Everyone moves into action. Ravenhill seems to be the next in authority here and assumes the responsibility of Ronith's order to form a perimeter, distract local zombies and establish an exit strategy. "Will do. We can handle that. Spanky, I think you can handle that by yourself. Just stay low." she orders the SAMAS pilot. He nods and takes off, disappearing into the fog.

      As the fog grows thicker, many people start feeling off. Grant easily restores his P.P.E. and creates a massive ice wall, protecting the position from the Devil's Gate. However, he and the others feel uncomfortable. The mana here is wild and uncontrollable. Certainly it has increased since the departure of the ley line storm. The whole area is out of balance on a frightening scale.

      To further their issues, the sensors have gotten worse since the fog. They flicker, jump and communication static has grown noticeably. Weiss can even hear a voice in the static. "You will all die here. There is no hope. I can't wait to see it." Other's hear it as well. There are other voices in the static, but mainly sound like hateful growing or screaming, but then again it could be interference.

      Grant's conjecture

      Grant's ponders the nature of where they are or when they are. He feels strongly they have moved back in time in the earth they know. This dimension's P.P.E. feels familiar. Being what he is, his strong ties to magic every dimension's magic has a slightly different scent, just as different regions have their own scent due to the flora and fauna found there.

      He take a few moments to examine the bowl. Its unusual. Even magically its construction is unknown to him but he is positive its quite old. Surprising there is some type of dimensional magic at play, but it is contained to the bowl and is incapable of moving people. In fact, the dimensional abilities only seem capable of moving images and sound. It is likely keyed to the other bowl and creates a pathway between the two bowls when certain conditions are met. Of course they know the conditions already; moonlight.

      It occurs to him that it's possible the finite dimensional path these bowls share may have sparked a temporal event when the nexus formed at that location. The device may simply have slung them from Croftonland to St Louis, responding to the bowls as a type of controller for a desired destination, after the temporal rift had already opened.

      In the Fog

      Ashlynn and Jack have continued looking for survivors that can be helped. It is then they spot a body floating in the flood waters through the fog near them and then rushes towards the court house. The pair rush out to grab the unconscious form. The force of the water is significant and they find their footing slipping as Prince Corwin arrives. His prowess in the water is clear as he effortlessly guides everyone back to the overpass.

      Immediately they see it's some type of cat person. No doubt they were cast through the gate. A mage from the College, Kimberly Waylin, comes over once they get back to the overpass and examines the body. "She's just unconscious. If she's a threat, now would be the time to eliminate her." However, Huey, sniffs her over thoroughly and sneezes. While he leaves her be, he seems still unsure of the being as if not all is right.

      Keiko

      Keiko closes the stone door on the holding pit. She had been on the trail of her husband and followed it here. She was hoping to find clues, but it turned out to be another dead end. The old slave pen hadn't been used in years and the remains of unfortunate residents still remain. Leaving the grounds, the night's fog grows heavy. In an ominous sign the moon turned red from who knows what cause. The fog gets thicker. She can sense
      heavy magic in the air and suddenly makes out a dark form in the fog ahead. A woman's voice utters a spell. Keiko instantly reacts, trying to erect a defense, but dizziness overcomes her and all goes dark.

      Keiko awakes to a voice questioning whether or not something is a threat. ((You, Keiko, are drowsy and have 1 action per round right now and any dramatic actions would be very difficult))

      Moving In

      Daisuke can't see the court house from where they are at so the group moves forward. Cautiously they treat the foggy flood waters which have surged ever stronger. Whoever can, senses supernatural evil, but no idea where specifically. Ashlynn's laser sword flashes in the night, reducing 5 zombies to pieces but her scarred arm begins to throb painfully. After a few moments, it's all she can do to keep it still by her side. Jack takes out 6 with his bow, its arc reducing them to smoldering remains. Barracuda looks the part of a water prince with King Tide. Something about the water seems familiar to him. He doesn't think the water is being controlled with magic, but perhaps a power. In his homeworld he has seen powers like this before. Ronith, Grant and Weiss take down their fare share as well.

      Finally the courthouse comes into faint view. The flood water forms a literal wall around the courthouse, rising from the surrounding waters as if being controlled. Many of the zombies simply break apart as they encounter the wall. However, that does little to slow Heroes for Hire.

      Daisuke can see the ledge now and opens his portal. The whole team moves through and onto the level where the survivors are. Immediately the see dozens of people, all human. Holding a bowl identical to Weiss' is a dark haired woman who looks utterly exhausted. Most surprising is the people inside are not even alarmed. They look resigned and defiant.

      Image

      The woman looks up and says, "Get us out of here."

      Weiss (or whoever has the bowl now) will see the water in it pull towards Ryver, so much so that some begins to run over the lip of the bowl.

      From the bowl the voices of Jazia and Zoe can be heard. "Let them know we are in route to the College now to get some answers."

      The team assesses the situation over the next two minutes. There are 108 people here in total, 12 of which are soldiers. 5 of the soldiers have been fused with their armor and or weapons, similar to what was witnessed in the APC, but they still live. All of those fused are in extreme pain. 2 have just weapons fused to their arms, but the other 3 are fused part or in whole to their body armor and cannot or will not move, having been dragged here by their friends. Even the body armor is twisted. All the survivors seem to be feeling like H4H and the rest of the force has been. Some however are more ill. 5 civilians lack the strength to walk.

      Ronith suffers a sudden headache that threatens to split his head in half. More shocking is that he can feel . ((lose half your actions)) He can still move, but it is a highly unpleasant experience. A trickle of blood can be felt running down his lip, from his nose, inside his helmet. The voices in the static become more pronounced and heard as if with his own ears. Suffering and lamentation does not cease in his ears.

      A static-laden transmission comes through

      ((describe your exit plan and any actions taken before leaving the building. Everyone is -1 to their attack, parry and dodge, all loose 1 action per round. Ronith suffers this in addition to losing half his actions.))
      User avatar
      Virtus
      Game Master
       
      Posts: 333
      Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

      Re: Torment

      Postby Ashlynn » Sat May 23, 2020 7:02 pm

      Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 98 (FAIL)

      JIC: 1d20 = 1
      1d100 = 29

      Conditions:
      • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
      • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 81 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

      Jack wrote:"Nope. Don't think we have a choice though. Don't die!"


      Despite the chaos, Ashlynn laughs at this, her laughter perhaps tinged with desperation. Together with Jack, she plunges through the waater, looking for survivors and clearing the path of zombies. She tries to ignore the throbbing in her scarred, reattached arm, and tries flexing that hand repeatedly, to drive away the discomfort.
      As Grant casts Invincible Armor on her, she smiles, trying to hide the pain in her arm from the mage who reattached it. She smiles at him, "Thanks, Grant!"

      Her heart leaps when they find a survivor, and when hey see it's a dbee of some sort, Ashlynn actually smiles.

      Waylin wrote:"She's just unconscious. If she's a threat, now would be the time to eliminate her."


      Ashlynn snarls, "NO! GETAWAYShe'sMINE!" and pulls the floating, unconscious cat-girl closer to her. She takes a look at the dbee, as she drags her half-floating body along. To Jack, she says "She don't look like any demon I've seen. An' if she's a threat we can deal with it later. For now, though, ..."

      She looks at the felinoid, and is reminded of her kill-cat mentor, Pangur Ban.

      "... Let's keep her with us."

      First Aid 85% 1d100 = 97 (determine the extent of her injuries and treat them if possible - FAIL)

      If she regains consciousness, Ashlynn will introduce herself.

      "Hi. I'm Ashlynn. What's your name?" And will give her the ol' eyeball.

      Eyeball a Fella 74% 1d100 = 91 (FAIL)

      When Daisuke opens the portal, Ashlynn heaves the felinoid up, to a more or less upright position. "We gotta go through here now... be real helpful if you could walk a lil' bit."

      If she can't, Ashlynn looks to Jack. "Get her other side, Jack - we'll take her with us to the courthouse."

      Once on the Courthouse ledge, she hauls the felinoid to the side, where Daisuke directs. "We're high up... so... don't slip, please."

      As they make their way down to the humans trapped in here, Ashlynn dismisses her energy shield and turns off her laser sword, clipping back in place to her harness. She checks out each of the soldiers fused to their armor, to see if there's anything that can be done right away.

      First Aid 85% 1d100 = 66 (Soldier 1 - SUCCESS)
      First Aid 85% 1d100 = 72 (Soldier 2 - SUCCESS)
      First Aid 85% 1d100 = 62 (Soldier 3 - SUCCESS)
      First Aid 85% 1d100 = 5 (Soldier 4 - CRIT. SUCCESS)
      First Aid 85% 1d100 = 88 (Soldier 5 - FAIL)
      Ashlynn
      AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

      H.P.: 45/45
      S.D.C.: 68/68


      TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
      M.D.C. by Location:
      • Helmet: 45/45
      • Arms: 40/40 each
      • Legs: 45/45 each
      • Main Body: 100/100
      Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
      Features:
      • All Features of Triax EBA
      • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
      • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
      • Infrared & thermal masking

      N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
      M.D.C. by Location:
        Force Field: 75
      Features:
        10 hour duration per E-clip
      User avatar
      Ashlynn
      Gold Level Patron
      Gold Level Patron
       
      Posts: 240
      Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

      Re: Torment

      Postby Keiko » Sat May 23, 2020 7:32 pm

      Perception: 1d100 = 83/31%
      JIC: 1d20 = 2;1d100 = 97

      Active Effects


      Keiko’s eyes flutter open and she tries to take stock of herself. Ok I’m cold, wet, and I have a feeling people are talking about some kind of threat, I guess that’s me, I still have all my stuff that’s good, who is dragging me, and holy crap talk about dimensional disturbances. Keiko looks around to get her bearings. She makes out that she is under an overpass in a city and Magic is not happy. She gets about that much before her head swims more. She sits up and closes her eyes again to help with the dizziness as her body shakes from the cold. ”Ugh...If you are going to kill me you should have left me to drown.’ Keiko manages a weak laugh, ”But I do appreciate the pragmatism. Even if I am on the receiving end of it.” Keiko lets up an exasperated sigh, ”That’s the last time I take a free tip. Should have known it was a damn trap, anyway where am I? And Who took a piss in the magic cheerios? I don’t think I have ever felt an area in this much magical turmoil with Dimensional, temporal, and rifts going crazy.”

      Ashlynn wrote:
      Ashlynn ssnarls, "NO! GETAWAYShe'sMINE!" and pulls the floating, unconscious cat-girl closer to her. She takes a look at the dbee, as she drags her half-floating body along. To Jack, she says "She don't look like any demon I've seen. An' if she's a threat we can deal with it later. For now, though, ..."

      She looks at the felinoid, and is reminded of her kill-cat mentor, Pangur Ban.

      "... Let's keep her with us."



      Keiko looks at Ashlynn and chuckles to her response. "Thank you for getting me out of the water and I appreciate the invitation to stay. I also have no idea where I am. Except it feels like some one personally offended whoever controls the magic in this area. This is not good. This area is volatile and I’m weaker than a newborn. Going to have to make nice with whoever this is. Somehow I don't think it's the person who sent me here. I guess that means I should introduce myself. I wish I had a towel. It’s bloody cold out here.

      Ashlynn wrote:If she regains consciousness, Ashlynn will introduce herself.

      "Hi. I'm Ashlynn. What's your name?" And will give her the ol' eyeball.

      Eyeball a Fella 74% Invalid dice code! (FAIL)

      When Daisuke opens the portal, Ashlynn heaves the felinoid up, to a more or less upright position. "We gotta go through here now... be real helpful if you could walk a lil' bit."

      If she can't, Ashlynn looks to Jack. "Get her other side, Jack - we'll take her with us to the courthouse."

      Once on the Courthouse ledge, she hauls the felinoid to the side, where Daisuke directs. "We're high up... so... don't slip, please."


      Keiko gives as warm a smile as she can manage given her condition. ”Sorry. I guess I should have started with my name. I'm Keiko. Yes I can manage to stand, but right now I feel like I need a nap. Lead the way and I will do what I can. Which I think is to stay out of the way for a minute. Anyone have any coffee?" Keiko follows Ashlynn as best she can generally using anything solid to lean against when she has the chance.

      Keiko will do what she can to stay out of the combat and let the people who are fresh take the lead. Keiko will remain near Ashlynn and will reply to the question of who is she with, "I'm Keiko. Ashlynn fished me out of the river."

      Keiko see's the soldiers twisted by magic. Bad way to go...Oh they haven't gone yet...that's no way to live. And there is no way to separate them from what happened. I don't think. Keiko thinks back to all her experiences with her husband and dimensional and magical theories to see if this had ever come up before. No I don't think there is a way to help them...we besides just ending their suffering.
      Keiko

      P.P.E.: 110/110
      I.S.P.: 35/35
      H.P.: 29/29
      S.D.C.: 86/86

      MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
      Helmet - 40/40
      Left Arm 20/20
      Right Arm 20/20
      Right Leg 30/30
      Left Leg 30/30
      Main Body - 60/60
      Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
      User avatar
      Keiko
       
      Posts: 34
      Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

      Re: Torment

      Postby Grant Latham » Sun May 24, 2020 8:20 am

      New Perception: 75% vs 1d100 = 50
      JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 96


      Constant Abilities
      Character Sheet

      • Sense Ley Line: 84%
      • Sense Ley Line Nexus 94%
      • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 140mi
      • Sense Magic in Use: 900'
      • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
      • Immune to Possession
      • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
      • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
      • Base Spell Strength: 15
      • Spell Range doubled
      • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
      • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
      • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
      Stats
      • M.D.C.: 90/90
      • I.S.P.: 90/90
      • P.P.E.: 1792/636
      • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
      Active Magic and Psionics
      • Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
      • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 170.75 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
      • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 5 PPE | 80.75 min | 3000'
      • Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 26 min
      • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 81 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
      • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 80.75 min
      • Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 26.75 min | 3600' in non magical darkness
      • Reduce Self | BOM 113 | 20 PPE | 13.5 min | 6" tall
      • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 27 min | 1200'
      • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 26.75 min | 270' radius


      PPE spent previous post: 30 * 8 + 15 = 250
      PPE recovered up to last GM post: 40/round * 4 rounds/minute * 9 minutes = 1440

      Invincible Armor Regeneration: 36d6 = 161 M.D.

      The Lord Magi steps aside as he passes through Daisuke's portal. He waits for the man to appear, "That is an interesting ability you have, I have some magic that is similar in ability, but you seem to be able to use it at will, while for me, I have to expend a portion of my mana. I am grateful that you are here so that I can use my magic for other tasks."

      Grant notes that his ability to see the invisible has faded and recasts it again inside the room with the refugees. Ashlynn possibly having acquired a new (if very large) pet doesn't surprise him, he too wants to save as people and animals as he can even though he realistically knows that they can only save a small fraction if any. He locates the woman with the bowls, and wants to verify if they are the same bowls in the possession of John and Jazia, but he sees the wounded soldier and moves with Ashlynn to investigate them.

      The mage can't help but grimace as he sees the fused flesh and technology. They need actual surgery, the two magics that I know, Heal Wounds or Mend the Broken both seem inadequate to the task, a magic that could purge them of these foreign objects would be what is needed. A restoration would work as well, if only I knew it. As Ashlynn checks over each patient, Grant moves along side her and while the patients are distracted casts Heal Wounds (10 PPE x 5? | BOM 106 | 3d6 S.D.C. and 1d6 H.P. Embedded objects should be removed first. ) to see if it helps alleviate any of the pain if Ashlynn is able to remove any of the objects. He asks those that can speak, "Tell me, what happened that caused this to happen to you?"

      Charm/Impress: 60% vs 1d100 = 39 (PB 22)
      Trust: 84% vs 1d100 = 31 (MA 25)
      Friendship/Trust 80% vs 1d100 = 5

      With the strong feeling that despite his direct knowledge of anyone having traveled in the past, the 'flavor' of this dimension is so similar to his own he can't discount it, Grant realizes that more overt use of his magic could cause distrust and fear. He casts Charismatic Aura (10 PPE | BOM 99 | 480'r | | 40.5 min | Save vs Magic 15 | +8 P.B. Friendship/Trust, Power/Fear, Successful Deception (80% believe)) and Aura of Power (4 PPE | BOM 93 | 27 min | Appears +3 lvls, +1d4+2 = 5 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate.). He says, "Do not be afraid, we are going to get all of you out of here. You have seen many strange things already this day I am sure. I am going to make it easier for those of you who are injured to be moved by your fellows. You will rise off the ground so you do not have to walk. Your friends will be able to push you." He casts Levitation on those that can't walk (5 PPE x 10 people? | BOM 94 | 27 min | 360lbs up to 140' high).

      "Ashlynn, who/what is it that you fished out of the flood waters?" Grant asks as they finish what they can. He turns and looks at the cat woman and murmurs the words to See Aura. He'd like to activate his psychic ability of empathy, but worries that he could potentially be overwhelmed by the sense of fear, pain, and suffering of the people in this room.

      The mage moves back to the Ryver and those around the bowl. He asks her, "You say you found the bowls here, in this building? In this room?" he holds out his hands, "May I see one of the bowls?" He holds up the bowl to the light (and will cast Globe of Daylight if necessary). He asks Weiss, "John, please hold up your bowl so we may compare?" I don't know which will be worse, they are identical, the same bowl, or slightly different, Grant thinks. If Ryver says the bowls were found in this room or in a nearby room, he asks, a bit of excitement in his voice, "Were there any other artifacts with the bowls?" If Ryver says yes, he says, "Sir Ronith, I'd like to see if anything else has any sort of magical aura. I could take a few minutes to check while these people are evacuated. The water outside, it's being drawn to something in here, it might be the bowls or something, someone else." Otherwise, he wistfully says, "No time, the wounded should be ready to be moved. Whatever is causing the water to engulf this building, I'd rather not meet."
      Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

      Info
      H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

      Constant Special Abilities
      • Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

      Equipped Gear of Note
      MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
      6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
      User avatar
      Grant Latham
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 435
      Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
      Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

      Re: Torment

      Postby Virtus » Sun May 24, 2020 7:29 pm

      Grant asks to see the bowl that Ryver has. She nods. "Jazia and uh... Zoe. They explained some details to me. I can't say I believe all of it, but I'm willing to go along with it for the meantime. The bowl came from a display case out the hallway."

      She leads you over to a smashed glass case. Inside there are many antiquities. The articles in the display was apparently on loan from something or someone called the Smithsonian and had been gifted to a president by Emperor Wenzong of Qing. The bowls date to 1200 BC according to the display and the origins were unknown.

      Looking closely Weiss' bowl looks to be exactly the same as the other bowl that is still sitting in the display. Bringing Weiss' bowl into close proximity (within 3ft) with the bowl still in the display creates a ringing feedback that could potentially destroy one or both bowls. Ryver's bowl is most likely the same bowl that Jazia now has.

      Only the bowls have actual magical aura, but several jade pieces resonate with Grant's magic due to their natural properties, not unlike diamond.
      User avatar
      Virtus
      Game Master
       
      Posts: 333
      Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

      Re: Torment

      Postby Grant Latham » Tue May 26, 2020 1:52 pm

      (rolls carried)

      Virtus wrote:Grant asks to see the bowl that Ryver has. She nods. "Jazia and uh... Zoe. They explained some details to me. I can't say I believe all of it, but I'm willing to go along with it for the meantime. The bowl came from a display case out the hallway."

      She leads you over to a smashed glass case. Inside there are many antiquities. The articles in the display was apparently on loan from something or someone called the Smithsonian and had been gifted to a president by Emperor Wenzong of Qing. The bowls date to 1200 BC according to the display and the origins were unknown.

      Looking closely Weiss' bowl looks to be exactly the same as the other bowl that is still sitting in the display. Bringing Weiss' bowl into close proximity (within 3ft) with the bowl still in the display creates a ringing feedback that could potentially destroy one or both bowls. Ryver's bowl is most likely the same bowl that Jazia now has.

      Only the bowls have actual magical aura, but several jade pieces resonate with Grant's magic due to their natural properties, not unlike diamond.


      The Lord Magus' mind is a whirl as he goes through the possibilities of what he is seeing. He rocks back on his heels and his left hand moves to the top of his helmeted head. Okay. "Okay." Okay. "Okay" It will be okay. At least two of the identical bowls are here at the same time, and there's a clear warning when in proximity of each. We can avert paradox and time-space implosion. So what does it mean? If the two bowls stay here, then 'our' reality is preserved and the potential of returning to it remains.

      But if we can take the bowls with us then we can't return to our own present. Whatever we return to, it might be close, or radically different from our own.

      If the bowl or bowls are broken, the same would be true; although if John's bowl counterpart breaks, it could be that we could maintain it by leaving John's bowl behind.

      Oh, but what if we try to break the 'past' bowls and something prevents us? Then we'd know that there is some sort of preserving force on reality. Any action we do take then must have happened previously. It still doesn't mean that we all will survive to return. But staying with the 'past' bowls will provide some sort of causality shielding. Do I chance it to prove my hypothesis?


      It's obvious that Grant is in a bit of analysis paralysis for a couple of minutes as he delves down the different lines of logic. Finally, he comes back to himself, and beckons Sir Ronith and Barracuda (as the current leaders of H4H) over to him away from the others. He says quietly, "The bowls are identical down to the smallest detail I can determine. If we are to have any chance of return to our own time and reality, then the two bowls from this time must remain here in the past. They can be with us up to that point, where-ever we leave them is where they will later be found and travel the long way to our present. But as long as we have them, I doubt that the multi-verse will allow us to return to our own time and place." He says in an even quieter tone, "If we do somehow take the bowls with us, I am almost certain that we return to the present, it won't be our 'present,'" Grant makes air quotes as he says the last word.
      Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

      Info
      H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

      Constant Special Abilities
      • Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

      Equipped Gear of Note
      MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
      6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
      User avatar
      Grant Latham
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 435
      Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
      Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

      Re: Torment

      Postby Keiko » Tue May 26, 2020 3:55 pm

      **Rolls Held Over**

      Active Effects


      Virtus wrote:Grant asks to see the bowl that Ryver has. She nods. "Jazia and uh... Zoe. They explained some details to me. I can't say I believe all of it, but I'm willing to go along with it for the meantime. The bowl came from a display case out the hallway."

      She leads you over to a smashed glass case. Inside there are many antiquities. The articles in the display was apparently on loan from something or someone called the Smithsonian and had been gifted to a president by Emperor Wenzong of Qing. The bowls date to 1200 BC according to the display and the origins were unknown.

      Looking closely Weiss' bowl looks to be exactly the same as the other bowl that is still sitting in the display. Bringing Weiss' bowl into close proximity (within 3ft) with the bowl still in the display creates a ringing feedback that could potentially destroy one or both bowls. Ryver's bowl is most likely the same bowl that Jazia now has.

      Only the bowls have actual magical aura, but several jade pieces resonate with Grant's magic due to their natural properties, not unlike diamond.


      Keiko, still leaning on the closest solid object. Weather she can see them or not Keiko places her palm to her temple as the bowls get close to each other. Keiko shouts at who ever is causing the disturbance, "Hey! You want to keep the dimensional disturbances to a minimum? They are all over the place. We don't need you futzing with more of them." She take a few deep breaths to try and get her bearings. "Why am I having such a hard time focusing?" Oh that was out loud. Damn. Feel like the bad end of a dimensional bender. Keiko shakes her head trying to lose the cobwebs. Keiko then mutters to herself, "If I could only focus enough to cast, I could figure out where the hell I am." Keiko goes back to trying to get her strength back.
      Keiko

      P.P.E.: 110/110
      I.S.P.: 35/35
      H.P.: 29/29
      S.D.C.: 86/86

      MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
      Helmet - 40/40
      Left Arm 20/20
      Right Arm 20/20
      Right Leg 30/30
      Left Leg 30/30
      Main Body - 60/60
      Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
      User avatar
      Keiko
       
      Posts: 34
      Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

      Re: Torment

      Postby Grant Latham » Wed May 27, 2020 3:56 pm

      (rolls carried)

      Keiko wrote:Keiko, still leaning on the closest solid object. Weather she can see them or not Keiko places her palm to her temple as the bowls get close to each other. Keiko shouts at who ever is causing the disturbance, "Hey! You want to keep the dimensional disturbances to a minimum? They are all over the place. We don't need you futzing with more of them." She take a few deep breaths to try and get her bearings. "Why am I having such a hard time focusing?" Oh that was out loud. Damn. Feel like the bad end of a dimensional bender. Keiko shakes her head trying to lose the cobwebs. Keiko then mutters to herself, "If I could only focus enough to cast, I could figure out where the hell I am." Keiko goes back to trying to get her strength back.


      Hearing Keiko's comment, once Grant separates from Sir Ronith and Barracuda, he moves over to the cat woman. He thinks back to what he saw in her aura. Not that much experience, but she does have some sort of magical and psychic ability. He looks carefully at her face and it's reactions. "I heard your comment. Was that just a general warning, or do you have any specific knowledge of the bowls and their operation?" He puts out a hand, pulls it back, and then puts it out again, "My name is Grant, Grant Latham. Resident magic guy for Heroes 4 Hire." Grant is deliberately deprecating. He nods over at Sir Ronith, "Sir Ronith Turand is in command. But sorry, that probably means nothing to you. We are basically a mercenary group with a moral code...Sir Ronith's moral code." He takes a breath, "I can tell that you are not from around here, just like us. We ended up here with a mishap with some sort of rift projecting device. How did you get here?"

      Part way through her response, Grant interrupts noticing her posture and labored breathing, "Are you alright? is there sufficient oxygen in the air for you, or do you breath a different mixture of gases?" Based on her aura she should know about magic, "I know an invocation that may help protect you from anything adverse in this environment. I can see you are a spell caster of some type, what is your area of expertise?"

      If Keiko agrees, Grant casts Sustain upon her.

      Code: Select all
      [*]Sustain | BOM 109 | 27 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
      Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

      Info
      H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

      Constant Special Abilities
      • Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

      Equipped Gear of Note
      MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
      6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
      User avatar
      Grant Latham
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 435
      Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
      Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

      Re: Torment

      Postby Keiko » Wed May 27, 2020 5:40 pm

      **Rolls Held Over**

      Active Effects
      • Dimensional Attenuation: 90 Miles
      • Excellent hearing and smell
      • Sixth Sense
      • Sustain | BOM 109 | 27 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.



      Keiko chuckles at Grants coment, "Sorry. I don't know what your bowls do. I'm just sensitive to Temporal and Dimensional things." Keiko smiles at the hesitation shown by Grant. When he fully extends his hand, she shakes his hand keeping her claws retracted. "A pleasure Grant. I am Keiko." Keiko mentally tags the information given to her. Heros4Hire Interesting name for a mercenary company. I wonder what they would make of my full past? Likely not too well. But they don't have to know all the details. I can't afford to be left here. and sounds like they got dumped here too. I guess I got the bumpy ride here.

      "I'm not a hundred percent sure. I was tracking a group connected with the murder of my husband. I was in Atlantis when I was jumped by a female mage...Then I woke up to Ashlynn pulling me from the water." Keiko shrugs, or tries to. "Traps..What can you do?" Keiko's tone while tired still sounds upbeat.

      Grant Latham wrote:Part way through her response, Grant interrupts noticing her posture and labored breathing, "Are you alright? is there sufficient oxygen in the air for you, or do you breath a different mixture of gases?" Based on her aura she should know about magic, "I know an invocation that may help protect you from anything adverse in this environment. I can see you are a spell caster of some type, what is your area of expertise?"

      If Keiko agrees, Grant casts Sustain upon her.

      Code: Select all
      [*]Sustain | BOM 109 | 27 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.


      This pulls another small laugh from Keiko, "I appreciate it. I do breath the same air you do. I think my travel was...rougher...then yours and I may be feeling some unintended side effects. And yes. I would appreciate the Sustain spell. It's not one I have learned my self. But it's on the list for the future." Keiko gives Grant a sly almost conspiratorial smile, "My focus has been Temporal and Combat magic. Generally my spells help support my combat prowess. But that's also why I'm sensitive to Temporal and Dimensional energies. I've bounced around the megaverse." Keiko lets out a sigh of relief as the Sustain spell takes hold. "That feels better. Thank you."
      Keiko

      P.P.E.: 110/110
      I.S.P.: 35/35
      H.P.: 29/29
      S.D.C.: 86/86

      MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
      Helmet - 40/40
      Left Arm 20/20
      Right Arm 20/20
      Right Leg 30/30
      Left Leg 30/30
      Main Body - 60/60
      Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
      User avatar
      Keiko
       
      Posts: 34
      Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

      Re: Torment

      Postby Ronith » Thu May 28, 2020 6:26 am

      Initiative: 1d20+13 = 25 (+2 if a rapid assault catches an enemy by surprise)
      JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 28
      PER: 1d100 = 43 vs. 91% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
      APM: 3
      Conditions
      [*]Ley line nexus: Triples range/duration/damage of magic, doubles range and damage of magic weapons, doubles range and duration of psionic powers, can draw 1d6+1 ISP per melee.
      [*]Enhanced reflexes: R25 P. 75, +1 APM, +3 I, +1s, +2p/d, +2PP [+1 s/p/d], +15% to physical skills that rely on coordination or balance (+5% after EBA penalty), 34m30s left.
      [*]Extended presence sense: 150ft. range, 34m30s left. Can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings in the area, 50%+3%/level skill.
      [*]Debilitating headaches: APM reduced by half.
      [*]-1 APM, -1 s/p/d this round.
      [*]Mind block: RUE P. 174, immune to telepathy/etc., +1 to save vs. all psychic and mental attacks, 220m00s left.
      Charm/Impress- 1d100 = 89 vs. 100%
      Trust/Intimidate- 1d100 = 44 vs. 65% (+30% vs. armed forces personnel)
      Both to dazzle the civilians.

      Virtus wrote:"Will do. We can handle that. Spanky, I think you can handle that by yourself. Just stay low."
      Ronith nods and responds in a deadpan tone, and a grin under his helmet. ”Be careful. I do not want to have to go looking for you afterwards.” Perhaps a little levity will help reduce the tension. One can hope, anyway.

      His own weapons and armor already good to go, Ronith keeps an eye on the rest of the camp. He’ll take note of any survivors, including the one Ashlynn and Jack bring in.
      Virtus wrote:"She's just unconscious. If she's a threat, now would be the time to eliminate her."
      Ronith turns to the mage and gives her a stern look. ”Heroes for Hire is not in the business of executing helpless prisoners. So long as I am in command of this unit, that extends to everyone. Anyone who disapproves of that combat structure can push for a change later, when we are out of danger, or they can find their own way back to MercTown.” Ronith is stern, serious, and completely uncompromising as he stares down the woman, waiting until she acknowledges that Keiko will not be harmed before continuing. ”If you wish, you may disarm and restrain her until we learn her intentions. Before you do, however, consider her armor. It is techno-wizard in nature, is it not? Techno-wizardry was not invented on this world until well after the Coming of the Rifts. That means this… woman, is either from one of the handful of other places in the entire Megaverse that has discovered to technique, and just happened to get dumped in our laps in a remarkably unlikely coincidence, or she is from our time. In which case, we may very well be able to make common cause. At the very least, it is worth taking the time to find out where she came from.” Ronith then softens his tone. ”I know you are frightened. You have a great many very good reasons to be. But if there is one thing I have learned from my studies of humanity and its history, it is that the only way to weather a crisis on this scale is through unity. We help ourselves by helping others. Try to remember that.” Noting that Ashlynn seems to have developed a… rapport with the new arrival, Ronith lets her (and any of the others present) take the lead with the stranger. The cyber-knight will simply watch, and listen, to learn what he can about Keiko.

      Keiko wrote:”Sorry. I guess I should have started with my name. I'm Keiko. Yes I can manage to stand, but right now I feel like I need a nap. Lead the way and I will do what I can. Which I think is to stay out of the way for a minute. Anyone have any coffee?... I'm Keiko. Ashlynn fished me out of the river… I'm not a hundred percent sure. I was tracking a group connected with the murder of my husband. I was in Atlantis when I was jumped by a female mage...Then I woke up to Ashlynn pulling me from the water."
      Atlantis. She is no Atlantean, therefore she is almost certainly from the future. Our future unless I miss my guess. She does not appear to be a Splugorth agent, either, so that is something anyway. Still, she bears watching. And I know the perfect woman for the job.

      Ronith finally decides to speak up, after going for full intimidation factor standing silently in his armor. He pops open his faceplate and extends his hand. ”I am Sir Ronith Turand, Lord of the Granite Hall and commander of Heroes for Hire. I am afraid that the other pleasantries shall have to wait- we have at least three or four crises that require our immediate attention. If you would help, Ashlynn here can show you the ropes. We have civilians to evacuate.” Ronith turns to Ashlynn, and makes no effort to conceal what he says next from Keiko. ”She is your responsibility, Ash. Bring her with us.” Turning back to Keiko, he adds ”If you prove yourself, you are welcome to ride with us. To safety, at a minimum.” At least mildly enjoying being all cryptic and melodramatic, Ronith then gets ready to lead the team onto the objective.

      Then, it’s go time. A brief slog through the waters until they are finally in sight of the courthouse. Some pitched fighting, but nothing Heroes for Hire can’t handle. Then, contact, and a portal over most of the mess. Making contact with the survivors proved easier than Ronith had feared- a testament to the team’s effectiveness. But that’s just the beginning of Ronith’s logistical problem. Over a hundred people to evacuate, eight of whom cannot move under their own power. Ronith takes a deep breath, steeling himself for the task ahead, when he hears Jazia’s voice from the bowl. Good. Experts from the college might be able to help. They are going to have to worry about that problem alone for now. While the cyber-knight has never had much cause to interact with the collegiate mages, he’s spend enough time in MercTown to know their reputation. They will likely be strongly motivated to rescue their colleagues, if nothing else. Thinking it through, Ronith concludes that if there is a way back to be found the college is in as good a position as anyone to do so right now. Ironically, Weiss’ bowl may prove to be our salvation. Ronith then firmly puts his worries about how they’ll get back, whether they can (or even should) alter the future, and what the hell he’s going to do after they get out of St. Louis all out of his mind. They have a job to do.

      Ronith turns back and surveys the park through which they just came. ”Daisuke, how close can you get everyone back to camp?” If Daisuke cannot open a portal all the way back to the APCs, Ronith will first try loaning the teleporter his EBA helmet (complete with the deluxe optics package); failing that, Ronith will turn to Grant and say ”Grant, can you do anything to light Daisuke’s way?”

      Ideally, Daisuke’s portal will be able to open right next to the APCs, but if they fall short by any substantial distance Ronith will additionally order Weiss to get Ravenhill to detail a squad of mercenaries to guard the final approach from the portal’s exit to the APCs. ”Daisuke, open the largest portal you can. Weiss, lead the uninjured civilians back to the others and get them in transports. The rest of you, fan out and hold the line.” Then, possibly given away by some of the civilians’ reactions, Ronith realizes that with his helmet off he has revealed his ears. Crap. Well this was one conversation I was hoping to postpone. With a deep breath, Ronith turns to the humans and says in a placating tone ”You are frightened, and you have questions I know. I can help with both, if you will give me a chance to prove it.” Then, he gets hit.

      Virtus wrote:Ronith suffers a sudden headache that threatens to split his head in half. More shocking is that he can feel . ((lose half your actions)) He can still move, but it is a highly unpleasant experience. A trickle of blood can be felt running down his lip, from his nose, inside his helmet. The voices in the static become more pronounced and heard as if with his own ears. Suffering and lamentation does not cease in his ears.
      ”Argh!” Ronith grimaces, clutching his head and dropping to one knee. With his helmet off, blood can be seen dripping from his nose, and a splitting headache begins to incapacitate Ronith. Out of desperation, he raises a mind block ((-4 ISP))- but it apparently fails to protect him. His breathing rapid in response to the pain, Ronith tries to slow it as a mental exercise to help cope, and after a few moments he gingerly picks himself back up. Keeping his breathing deep and slow, Ronith grits his teeth and dons a stony expression, wiping the blood off of his face with the back of one hand. Any inquiries as to his condition will be waved away. ”I am fine, I think. Worry about it later.” Standing unsteadily, and working desperately to hold off the pain with an equally unsteady will, Ronith tries to work through the logic of what’s happening to him. The others are unaffected, so not environmental. An attack? But my mind block should have stopped it. Something about my physiology, then. Blast. Of all the times for Beltin to quit.

      Grant Latham wrote:"Sir Ronith, I'd like to see if anything else has any sort of magical aura. I could take a few minutes to check while these people are evacuated. The water outside, it's being drawn to something in here, it might be the bowls or something, someone else."
      Ronith considers this for a moment. I am loath to risk tampering with the past. But we will need all the help we can get if we are to survive this. Ronith gingerly nods, and adds ”Take Jack with you, and be quick.” Later, when Grant returns with his report, Ronith again needs to think long and hard about what to do- and the pain in his head isn’t helping. That bowl may be the only reason that we are here, and not in whatever trap the deevils laid in the past. It is also our only link back to our present time. If we take it with us, does that guarantee or prevent its availability to us in the future? It isn’t long before Ronith’s mind is reeling down an endless succession of temporal mechanics rabbit holes. I am beginning to understand why all of the protagonists in ancient sci-fi complained about time travel. The bowl’s safety is paramount- we cannot risk leaving it here to be destroyed, and changing our own past in the process. We take it with us, and rely on Weiss’ link with Jazia to monitor the timeline for any changes. Aloud, he responds to Grant. ”We take it with us- but make sure you keep the two bowls well, well apart. Get it back to the APCs, but I want someone periodically checking on Jazia and Zoe. If the timeline changes we may need to get the bowl back here in a hurry.”

      Fighting through his pain, Ronith decides against using his magical blades and instead wills his psi-swords into being. He then goes to stand near the soldiers, intercepting any zombies that get too close. With the exceptions of Weiss, Grant, and Daisuke Ronith orders the rest of Heroes for Hire to do likewise. Once all of the civilians are out through the portal, Ronith addresses the soldiers still fighting. ”Go! Get any wounded you can to our vehicles- we shall cover you!” Ronith’s tone brooks no disagreement, and with luck will override any protests until the evacuation is complete.

      That just leaves the three people most severely fused with equipment, and any of the wounded left behind. Ronith knows that more mercy-killings are likely in their future, but realizes that that isn’t a great look for a group of people you just met. ”We take them with us, too- Barracuda, can you grab one?” Assuming that the super-human is burly enough to wrestle one through the portal, Ronith will direct the rest of his battle line to recover any wounded left behind before dispelling his psi-swords, grabbing the two remaining immobile people, and sprinting through the portal (ideally with covering fire from the others).

      Action 1: Strike with psi-sword 1 1d20+18 = 34 to strike, 4d6 = 14 MD; strike with psi-sword 2 1d20+18 = 23 to strike, 4d6 = 18 MD
      Action 2: Strike with psi-sword 1 1d20+18 = 34 to strike, 4d6 = 19 MD; strike with psi-sword 2 1d20+18 = 35 to strike, 4d6 = 15 MD
      Action 3: Strike with psi-sword 1 1d20+18 = 23 to strike, 4d6 = 15 MD; strike with psi-sword 2 1d20+18 = 25 to strike, 4d6 = 15 MD

      Auto-parries: 1d20+22 = 25, 1d20+22 = 38, 1d20+22 = 34
      Auto-dodges: 1d20+10 = 13, 1d20+10 = 20, 1d20+10 = 16
      I am better than you. You just don't know it.
      Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
      Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
      +11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
      Status
      ISP- 64/91; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
      Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

      Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
      User avatar
      Ronith
      Group Leader
       
      Posts: 560
      Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
      Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

      Re: Torment

      Postby Jack McDermott » Thu May 28, 2020 1:05 pm

      Perception: 1d100 = 20 vs 42%
      JIC: 1d20 = 11 and 1d100 = 97

      Reeling from the chaos surrounding he team almost constantly, Jack has a hard time staying focused. When they find the cat woman in the water he wonders, who is next? Bat man? Ashlynn asks for help and Jack obliges cautiously taking the kitty by the arm and helping her through the portal. "You don't this it will bite do you?", he asks Ashlyn as they walk. They aren't all bad, They aren't all bad he tells himself over and over again, reminding himself of the teams encounter with the humans trying to get other humans to dislike Dbees.

      Jack listens as Ashlyn and the Cat woman make introductions to each other and mentions her name is Keiko. Jack will ask with a chuckle, "O' Briens Keiko?", knowing the obscure reference will have little meaning to those around him but bring a momentary bit of humor to help ease his mind. in the building Jack sees the men fused to the weapons and quickly realizes how lucky he was to walk away from his event so many years ago with just his simple burns. He offers the men a simple bit of advise, "If you live, you will learn to embrace it. We all do."

      Jack follows Grant to the bowl in the display and watches the man get lost in his thoughts, What the hell is so special about these bowls? He asks the mage, "What the heck are you doing?" when he hears the ringing feedback as grants gets closer to the other bowl. His moment of silence while he is thinking is almost unnerving to Jack. Did he break? When he comes back to and calls for Sir Ronith Jack is relived to see him talk but further worried by what he has to say to Rontih, Ok, not broken, just scared. Did we go back in, time?

      When Grant finishes talking Jack asks him simply, "Did we travel in time? thinking, Did i travel in time? "Could it be we traveled to an alternate earth? Not to a different time?" Contemplating the possibility almost brings Jack to tears, If I traveled in time. If it isn't a new earth. Then, there is no point. Why try, to go back. It's just all gonna happen no matter what. But when? Could this be when... Jack's thoughts turn dark when he realizes they may be back exactly at the point when he first rifted, just in a different state.

      Jack does what he can to help move the people to and through the portal back to the APC when Daisuke opens the return portal.
      [H.P.: 17/17
      S.D.C.: 59/59
      Perception: 30%
      Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

      Character Sheet
      Saving Throw Bonuses
      • Coma/Death: +10%
      • Magic (varies):
      • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
      • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
      • Insanity (12+): +1
      • Psionics (varies): +1
      • Horror Factor (varies):

      Combat Data
      • HTH Type: Expert
      • Number of Attacks: 5
      • Initiative Bonus: +1
      • Strike Bonus: +3
      • Parry Bonus: +5
      • Dodge Bonus: +5
      • HTH Damage Bonus:
      • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
      • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
      • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
      • Bonus to Disarm:
      • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

      NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
      M.D.C. by Location:
      • Head/Helmet - 50/50
      • Arms -30 /30
      • Legs - 40/40
      • Main Body -60 /60
      User avatar
      Jack McDermott
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 144
      Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

      Re: Torment

      Postby Keiko » Thu May 28, 2020 3:00 pm

      **Rolls Held Over**

      Active Effects
      • Dimensional Attenuation: 90 Miles
      • Excellent hearing and smell
      • Sixth Sense
      • Sustain | BOM 109 | 27 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.



      Ronith wrote:
      Ronith finally decides to speak up, after going for full intimidation factor standing silently in his armor. He pops open his faceplate and extends his hand. ”I am Sir Ronith Turand, Lord of the Granite Hall and commander of Heroes for Hire. I am afraid that the other pleasantries shall have to wait- we have at least three or four crises that require our immediate attention. If you would help, Ashlynn here can show you the ropes. We have civilians to evacuate.” Ronith turns to Ashlynn, and makes no effort to conceal what he says next from Keiko. ”She is your responsibility, Ash. Bring her with us.” Turning back to Keiko, he adds ”If you prove yourself, you are welcome to ride with us. To safety, at a minimum.” At least mildly enjoying being all cryptic and melodramatic, Ronith then gets ready to lead the team onto the objective.


      Keiko gives Ronith a warm smile and shakes his hand. Keiko only surrenders a few inches to Ronith so he's not looking down as much as he normally would, "My pleasure Sir Ronith Turand. I don't have any titles personally. Well at least none that are usually uttered in pleasant company. A ride home would be greatly appreciated. I will do what I can to repay your kindness. And I understand the need for haste." Keiko turns back to stand near Ashlynn. Her voice full of excitement, "Sir Ronith said I'm your responsibility. I'm sure we'll become fast friends." She is going to make sure I don't do anything against them. That's fine I applaud their handling of me just showing up here. Sir Ronith seems like a good leader. Keeps his people in line through respect rather then fear. That can go far.

      Jack McDermott wrote:Reeling from the chaos surrounding he team almost constantly, Jack has a hard time staying focused. When they find the cat woman in the water he wonders, who is next? Bat man? Ashlynn asks for help and Jack obliges cautiously taking the kitty by the arm and helping her through the portal. "You don't think it will bite do you?", he asks Ashlyn as they walk. They aren't all bad, They aren't all bad he tells himself over and over again, reminding himself of the teams encounter with the humans trying to get other humans to dislike Dbees.


      Keiko's smile doesn't fade, but is does shift to a more playful expression. "Only upon the request of a big strong man like yourself." Keiko's tail brushes Jack's arm as she seductively licks her teeth. Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 36/40%. There is a slight pause before she she begins to laugh as much as her weakened state allows. "You should learn to lighten up. Live a little."

      Keiko follows everyone as they leave the building. She does what she can to carry, or push if they are being levitated, some of the people who can not move themselves.
      Keiko

      P.P.E.: 110/110
      I.S.P.: 35/35
      H.P.: 29/29
      S.D.C.: 86/86

      MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
      Helmet - 40/40
      Left Arm 20/20
      Right Arm 20/20
      Right Leg 30/30
      Left Leg 30/30
      Main Body - 60/60
      Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
      User avatar
      Keiko
       
      Posts: 34
      Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

      Re: Torment

      Postby Daisuke » Fri May 29, 2020 12:32 pm

      -----------------------------------
      Perception: 1d100 = 70 | 21%
      JIC: 1d20 = 17 | 1d100 = 98%
      -----------------------------------
      Constant Abilities
      Character Sheet
      • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
      • Earth Empowerment
      • Adhesion
      • Instant Wardrobe [30lbs] (2/2)
      • Instead Weapon [70lbs] (1/1)
        • Lynx Laser Rifle
      Stats
        HP: 21/21
        SDC: 81/81
        PPE: 13/13
      Crusader EBA
      Image
      [size=85]M.D.C. by Location:
      • Helmet: 50
      • Arms: 30 each
      • Legs: 50 each
      • Main Body: 95
      Weight: 24 lbs.
      Modifiers: Fair mobility, -15% to physical skills
      Features:
      • All features standard to environmental armor
      Book Reference: p.55-56, WB 34

      Saving Throw Bonuses
      Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
      Coma/Death: +4%
      Toxins (15+): +1
      Magic (varies): +1
      Magic (Illusions): +2
      Magic (mind-altering): +7
      Lethal Poison (14+): +1
      Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
      Insanity (12+): +10
      Psionics (12+): +6
      Horror Factor: +9
      Disease: +2
      Drugs (mind-altering): +6
      Possession: +6[/size]
      Active Magic and Psionics
      • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
      • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 81 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

      Forming the caboose of the train of H4H mercenaries moving on the building to rescue those holed up inside, Daisuke breathes a grateful sigh when he sees the people amassed inside. Good. We made it in time. Now it is simply a matter of logistics, getting them all out.

      Grant Latham wrote:The Lord Magi steps aside as he passes through Daisuke's portal. He waits for the man to appear, "That is an interesting ability you have, I have some magic that is similar in ability, but you seem to be able to use it at will, while for me, I have to expend a portion of my mana. I am grateful that you are here so that I can use my magic for other tasks."

      ”Thanks. I’m glad to be of service. I’ve worked with some capable of ‘magic’ and have seen a true magical portal so know that this ability to traverse relatively short distances is paled by the magnificence of transportation across space… and I guess time?” Daisuke remarks, the tone of his voice sharply skewing higher in disbelief. Then tapping the magic in the form of sustain and invincible armor gifted earlier, Daisuke tries to convey his gratitude, ”And if I did not say so earlier, thank you for this magical protection and sustainment. I have little doubt that come time for fighting, this protection will save my life.”

      His gaze breaks from Grant and Daisuke’s optimism dulls a little as he spots the sheer number and their conditions. ”Quite a few refugees. We’ll need to keep the formation tight and to make sure the wounded are mobile.” The Hoshi frowns at that last notion. It is then that he notices the fusions and is about to speak his mind when Grant gives his thoughts voice.

      Grant Latham wrote: He asks those that can speak, "Tell me, what happened that caused this to happen to you?"

      ”We saw others that were similarly wounded outside. Was it an enemy weapon or unfathomable creature of some sort?” Daisuke adds, hoping his voice will add urgency to the need of understanding their malady. Would it be something more nefarious… like an effect in this entire area… and combat triggers it somehow… The Arismal shudders at the thought and silently prays it is not so.

      Daisuke tries to remain useful and until he is beckoned by Sir Ronith, will move about those gathered trying to organize them into groups to move. If time permits, he will try to help put together make-shift sleds or gurneys to move the wounded.

      ((Field Armorer: 1d100 = 53 | 65% ⇐ Make-shift sleds/gurneys to move the wounded))

      Ronith wrote:”Daisuke, how close can you get everyone back to camp?”

      Daisuke nods and sees what he can do to get as high a vantage as possible, ”I’ll see what I can do, but the density of the fog may be the deciding factor. Since we are in a multi-story building, I’ll go see if the elevation gives us some good options.” Daisuke will try to gain access to the roof (by either conventional or unconventional means) for his vantage point. Once there, he will test out the creation of the portal before willing it away and going back inside to report his findings.

      Ronith wrote:”Daisuke, open the largest portal you can. Weiss, lead the uninjured civilians back to the others and get them in transports. The rest of you, fan out and hold the line.”

      Not being particularly experienced as of yet, Daisuke does his best, opening the portal with a 20 ft diameter.
      User avatar
      Daisuke
       
      Posts: 41
      Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
      Location: Heroes for Hire

      Re: Torment

      Postby Barracuda » Fri May 29, 2020 2:27 pm

      Perception: 1d100 = 25/43% (58% underwater)
      JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 65

      From his place in the water, Barracuda sees Mega KillRocket Superstar and Jack start to lose their footing amongst all the water. He swims over quickly and helps them with the body they've found. "Be careful. It's not worth saving someone if you lose your life. We're not at home. We need to be careful."

      Moving about in the water, he senses the unnatural flow of it and recognizes this level of control from his home dimension. Someone's got powers. Maybe they're from where I'm from? Doesn't matter right now. Gotta focus. Barracuda does what he can to take down the zombies he sees and then heads inside the building.

      Finding more people fused to their armor causes Barracuda to tense up. This isn't fair. Nothing I can do here. I can't help get them out of their armor, I can't give them the peace of death with these people around. I hate to see this.

      As Ronith hollers out in pain, Barracuda rushes to his side. "Ronith! Are you under attack?" When Ronith eventually dismisses the issue, he'll do a quick look around to make sure nothing around is attacking.

      Grant Latham wrote:It's obvious that Grant is in a bit of analysis paralysis for a couple of minutes as he delves down the different lines of logic. Finally, he comes back to himself, and beckons Sir Ronith and Barracuda (as the current leaders of H4H) over to him away from the others. He says quietly, "The bowls are identical down to the smallest detail I can determine. If we are to have any chance of return to our own time and reality, then the two bowls from this time must remain here in the past. They can be with us up to that point, where-ever we leave them is where they will later be found and travel the long way to our present. But as long as we have them, I doubt that the multi-verse will allow us to return to our own time and place." He says in an even quieter tone, "If we do somehow take the bowls with us, I am almost certain that we return to the present, it won't be our 'present,'" Grant makes air quotes as he says the last word.


      "I'd rather not end up in yet another new dimension. Let's make sure we don't accidentally Quantum Leap or anything."

      Ronith wrote:That just leaves the three people most severely fused with equipment, and any of the wounded left behind. Ronith knows that more mercy-killings are likely in their future, but realizes that that isn’t a great look for a group of people you just met. ”We take them with us, too- Barracuda, can you grab one?”

      "Got it!" Barracuda will approach one of the fused humans and say "I'm gonna get us out of here." He grabs them and carries them to the vehicle through the portal.
      Barracuda
      Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
      SDC: 121/121
      HP: 23/23
      Critical Strike: 18-20



      Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
      Image

      Ledger
      User avatar
      Barracuda
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 358
      Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
      Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

      Re: Torment

      Postby Ashlynn » Sat May 30, 2020 4:25 pm

      Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 52

      JIC: 1d20 = 9
      1d100 = 64

      Conditions:
      • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
      • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 81 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

      Barracuda wrote:"Be careful. It's not worth saving someone if you lose your life."


      Ashlynn nods, but says nothing. It's always worth saving someone's life. But I know he means well.

      Jack wrote:"You don't this it will bite do you?"


      Ashlynn laughs. "You're silly."

      Keiko wrote:"Thank you for getting me out of the water and I appreciate the invitation to stay. I also have no idea where I am. Except it feels like some one personally offended whoever controls the magic in this area."


      Ashlynn grins and rattles off a reply. "You're gonna like it with us! As long as you can follow rules. Sir Ronith's got rules. If you can follow rules you'll like it here. well... not here. This place sucks. But with us! at the Heroes Haven. Which is awesome - except right after I blew it up, but it's fixed now!"

      Keiko wrote:"I'm Keiko. Ashlynn fished me out of the river."


      Ashlynn grins anew. "Oh that wasn't a river." She points down at the swirling mass of water under the overpass. That's a flood."

      Grant wrote:"Ashlynn, who/what is it that you fished out of the flood waters?"


      Ashlynn points at Keiko. "Kitty! Her name is Keiko!"

      Ronith wrote:”She is your responsibility, Ash. Bring her with us.”


      Keiko wrote: "Sir Ronith said I'm your responsibility. I'm sure we'll become fast friends."


      Ashlynn nods, and looks Keiko over. "We already ARE! So don't get me in trouble please. I like it here and... not here, but with the Heroes for Hire... and I don't wanna go. Promise you'll behave?" Ashlynn looks at the felinoid with sincerity. "Wait'll we get you home - you'll meet Zac and Marit and Jazia - she's new we just found her but she's nice!" Huey (a bookwyrm), at this point, soaking wet and in a foul mood, climbs up on Ashlynn's back and perches awkwardly on her shoulder. "This is Huey - he's my dragon." She turns to Huey, "Aren't you? Aren't you my big boy? Yes you are!"

      Once Daisuke opens the portal back to the APCs - or as close as he can get - Ashlynn grabs Keiko's hand and makes for the portal. "Watch your footing! Water's choppy on the other side!" She activates her energy shield on her left arm, and charges through, Keiko in tow.
      Ashlynn
      AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

      H.P.: 45/45
      S.D.C.: 68/68


      TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
      M.D.C. by Location:
      • Helmet: 45/45
      • Arms: 40/40 each
      • Legs: 45/45 each
      • Main Body: 100/100
      Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
      Features:
      • All Features of Triax EBA
      • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
      • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
      • Infrared & thermal masking

      N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
      M.D.C. by Location:
        Force Field: 75
      Features:
        10 hour duration per E-clip
      User avatar
      Ashlynn
      Gold Level Patron
      Gold Level Patron
       
      Posts: 240
      Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

      Re: Torment

      Postby Weiss » Sun May 31, 2020 6:59 am

      Perception 53% 1d100 = 8
      JIC 1d100 = 11 1d20 = 5


      Conditions:
      Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
      Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 81 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

      Virtus wrote:Weiss can even hear a voice in the static. "You will all die here. There is no hope. I can't wait to see it." Other's hear it as well. There are other voices in the static, but mainly sound like hateful growing or screaming, but then again it could be interference.


      Yep, there's always some frakker trying to take advantage Weiss thought grimly,Let's hope we don't run into it.

      Virtus wrote:Daisuke can't see the court house from where they are at so the group moves forward. Cautiously they treat the foggy flood waters which have surged ever stronger. Whoever can, senses supernatural evil, but no idea where specifically. Ashlynn's laser sword flashes in the night, reducing 5 zombies to pieces but her scarred arm begins to throb painfully. After a few moments, it's all she can do to keep it still by her side. Jack takes out 6 with his bow, its arc reducing them to smoldering remains. Barracuda looks the part of a water prince with King Tide. Something about the water seems familiar to him. He doesn't think the water is being controlled with magic, but perhaps a power. In his homeworld he has seen powers like this before. Ronith, Grant and Weiss take down their fare share as well.


      Outwardly, Weiss is his normal professional self, but inwardly, he is unnerved, wanting this to be over as quickly as possible.

      OOC Comments
      Weiss has penalties for saving for Supernatural HF


      Virtus wrote:Finally the courthouse comes into faint view. The flood water forms a literal wall around the courthouse, rising from the surrounding waters as if being controlled. Many of the zombies simply break apart as they encounter the wall. However, that does little to slow Heroes for Hire.

      Daisuke can see the ledge now and opens his portal. The whole team moves through and onto the level where the survivors are. Immediately the see dozens of people, all human. Holding a bowl identical to Weiss' is a dark haired woman who looks utterly exhausted. Most surprising is the people inside are not even alarmed. They look resigned and defiant.


      "Ryver," he approaches her calmly, showing the bowl in his grasp, "I'm Weiss."

      Virtus wrote:The woman looks up and says, "Get us out of here."

      Weiss (or whoever has the bowl now) will see the water in it pull towards Ryver, so much so that some begins to run over the lip of the bowl.

      From the bowl the voices of Jazia and Zoe can be heard. "Let them know we are in route to the College now to get some answers."


      "That's certainly our intent," he replies, strapping his rifle to his back, "Jaz, Zoe, keep talking as much as possible. We need to keep hearing your voices." Me especially right now. The fear that he had just found his wife and reunited his family, only for them to become separated by centuries suddenly swept through him, causing a slight shudder. Keep it together man. Right now, these people need you.

      Virtus wrote:The team assesses the situation over the next two minutes. There are 108 people here in total, 12 of which are soldiers. 5 of the soldiers have been fused with their armor and or weapons, similar to what was witnessed in the APC, but they still live. All of those fused are in extreme pain. 2 have just weapons fused to their arms, but the other 3 are fused part or in whole to their body armor and cannot or will not move, having been dragged here by their friends. Even the body armor is twisted. All the survivors seem to be feeling like H4H and the rest of the force has been. Some however are more ill. 5 civilians lack the strength to walk.


      Weiss starts looking around for things that can be used as stretchers before Grant causes them to levitate.

      "Well, that solves that problem at least," Weiss smiles under his helmet, "those of you most physically able and not engaged in defense, I want you pushing the floating. The rest of you, I want you to pick a travel buddy. It's your job to keep the other person moving, ensuring nobody is left behind. Gather up what you need to take. If there is anything you need to take that requires "

      Weiss looks around at the soldiers, assessing their weapons, uniforms and demeanour to establish if these people were mercenaries, militia, police or professional soldiers.

      Military Etiquette 79% 1d100 = 17


      Grant Latham wrote:The mage moves back to the Ryver and those around the bowl. He asks her, "You say you found the bowls here, in this building? In this room?" he holds out his hands, "May I see one of the bowls?" He holds up the bowl to the light (and will cast Globe of Daylight if necessary). He asks Weiss, "John, please hold up your bowl so we may compare?" I don't know which will be worse, they are identical, the same bowl, or slightly different, Grant thinks. If Ryver says the bowls were found in this room or in a nearby room, he asks, a bit of excitement in his voice, "Were there any other artifacts with the bowls?" If Ryver says yes, he says, "Sir Ronith, I'd like to see if anything else has any sort of magical aura. I could take a few minutes to check while these people are evacuated. The water outside, it's being drawn to something in here, it might be the bowls or something, someone else." Otherwise, he wistfully says, "No time, the wounded should be ready to be moved. Whatever is causing the water to engulf this building, I'd rather not meet."


      Weiss holds up his bowl for Grant to examine and follows with the bowl as necessary.

      Virtus wrote:Grant asks to see the bowl that Ryver has. She nods. "Jazia and uh... Zoe. They explained some details to me. I can't say I believe all of it, but I'm willing to go along with it for the meantime. The bowl came from a display case out the hallway."

      She leads you over to a smashed glass case. Inside there are many antiquities. The articles in the display was apparently on loan from something or someone called the Smithsonian and had been gifted to a president by Emperor Wenzong of Qing. The bowls date to 1200 BC according to the display and the origins were unknown.

      Looking closely Weiss' bowl looks to be exactly the same as the other bowl that is still sitting in the display. Bringing Weiss' bowl into close proximity (within 3ft) with the bowl still in the display creates a ringing feedback that could potentially destroy one or both bowls. Ryver's bowl is most likely the same bowl that Jazia now has.



      As he approaches and the ringing begins, Weiss takes several steps back and keeps his distance. Whilst Grant decides what is going on, Weiss retreats back into the main area. They have the other bowl which links to the future, they don't need me at the moment.

      Ronith wrote:Ideally, Daisuke’s portal will be able to open right next to the APCs, but if they fall short by any substantial distance Ronith will additionally order Weiss to get Ravenhill to detail a squad of mercenaries to guard the final approach from the portal’s exit to the APCs. ”Daisuke, open the largest portal you can. Weiss, lead the uninjured civilians back to the others and get them in transports. The rest of you, fan out and hold the line.”


      As Ronith gives his orders, Weiss starts organising the civilians ready for evacuation

      "Form up people in twos with your travel buddy. We need to hustle, but do not leave your buddy behind. Follow my lead and do not stray. If you go wandering off, we may not have chance to come back for you. When we get to the vehicles, you may be surprised by the appearance of some of the people, but they are there to help you. There is a lot to deal with right now and when we get chance, we will provide answers."

      Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30% 1d100 = 92

      If the portal does fall short, Weiss immediately creates a radio connection with Ravenhill, otherwise he will say in person to her. He rushes up the gap, keeping his weapon trained for anything trying to impede their path.

      "We have civilians coming up, I need a squad down here to cover their line of escape. Anybody who can be spared from defense, get the civilians into the APCs. We have wounded so leave space for them. Medical personnel will need to see to them. They may be shocked by physical appearances, but right now we don't have time to deal with that. Josie, get the H4H APC running. I will be bringing the Beauty online as soon as I can."


      Virtus wrote:A static-laden transmission comes through


      "I'm going to clean up the transmission, but try and keep it from a general broadcast unless it needs to."

      He activates the armour, trying to intercept the broadcast, shutting down extraneous bandwidth. Whatever is out there may be trying to attack us or scare us again. Going to prevent that if I can. If the transmission is benign, he releases it to the others.

      Electronic Countermeasures 69% (+5%) 1d100 = 54


      Attack 1 shooting with rifle on the move 1d20+2 = 7 2d6 = 8
      Attack 2 shooting with rifle on the move 1d20+2 = 9 2d6 = 4 or 6d6 = 23 if it takes more punishment
      Attack 3 shooting with rifle on the move 1d20+2 = 19 2d6 = 7 or 6d6 = 21
      Attack 4 shooting with rifle on the move 1d20+2 = 12 2d6 = 7 or 6d6 = 29
      Attack 5 shooting with rifle on the move 1d20+2 = 5 2d6 = 6 or 6d6 = 27
      viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

      HP: 32
      SDC: 54

      Active:
      Clock calendar
      Gyro Compass
      User avatar
      Weiss
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 244
      Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
      Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

      Re: Torment

      Postby Grant Latham » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:34 am

      (rolls carried)

      Jack wrote:Jack follows Grant to the bowl in the display and watches the man get lost in his thoughts, What the hell is so special about these bowls? He asks the mage, "What the heck are you doing?" when he hears the ringing feedback as grants gets closer to the other bowl. His moment of silence while he is thinking is almost unnerving to Jack. Did he break? When he comes back to and calls for Sir Ronith Jack is relived to see him talk but further worried by what he has to say to Rontih, Ok, not broken, just scared. Did we go back in, time?


      Grant looks up from the bowl to Jack and John, "The bowl that Ryver has is apparently the same type of magical device that John and Jazia have in their possession. I am trying to determine if they are similar bowls, or if in fact they are the same bowl." It may give her some temporal pass, where destiny keeps her alive to keep the bowls intact.

      Jack wrote:When Grant finishes talking Jack asks him simply, "Did we travel in time? thinking, Did i travel in time? "Could it be we traveled to an alternate earth? Not to a different time?" Contemplating the possibility almost brings Jack to tears, If I traveled in time. If it isn't a new earth. Then, there is no point. Why try, to go back. It's just all gonna happen no matter what. But when? Could this be when... Jack's thoughts turn dark when he realizes they may be back exactly at the point when he first rifted, just in a different state.


      Blowing out a breath, Grant says, "I was hoping for an alternate earth, but these bowls appear to be the same bowl, see look." He holds up the bowl in the case. "There is a small chip on the bowl here on the edge, John's bowl appears to have the same chip on it." He lowers the bowl, "We, for all practical purposes, are in our past. The question is now, can we change the past and therefore our future, or do all our actions lead the way to our present. Or do our actions create some sort of branch, where if we are changing past events, when we do go to our time, instead of being the 111 P.A. that we know, we are in 111 P.A-A. I wish I had a chalkboard, I could diagram it out better. Come on let's go break the news to Sir Ronith and Prince Corwin."


      Sir Ronith wrote:”We take it with us- but make sure you keep the two bowls well, well apart. Get it back to the APCs, but I want someone periodically checking on Jazia and Zoe. If the timeline changes we may need to get the bowl back here in a hurry.”


      Grant's expression at Sir Ronith's decision is clear that he doesn't agree entirely with it. "I recommend that Ryver keep both bowls from this time together. Our best hope is that what we are doing is what makes our future our future." Unless Sir Ronith dissents, he plans on giving the bowl to Ryver after his discussion with Keiko.

      Keiko wrote:This pulls another small laugh from Keiko, "I appreciate it. I do breath the same air you do. I think my travel was...rougher...then yours and I may be feeling some unintended side effects. And yes. I would appreciate the Sustain spell. It's not one I have learned my self. But it's on the list for the future." Keiko gives Grant a sly almost conspiratorial smile, "My focus has been Temporal and Combat magic. Generally my spells help support my combat prowess. But that's also why I'm sensitive to Temporal and Dimensional energies. I've bounced around the megaverse." Keiko lets out a sigh of relief as the Sustain spell takes hold. "That feels better. Thank you."


      "Temporal magic?" Grant pauses, "That is a rare magic indeed. I wish I knew more about it, it might help me better understand how we got here. Combat magic is uncommon. My instructors were always sneering at combat magic, but I disagree there are a number of useful magics."

      "I have, had? Will have? Ah, the conundrums of time travel," Grant quips, "A friend in Dweomer, a Battle Magi, who showed me a number of useful incantations." He sighs, and holds up the bowl, "John," he points over to Weiss, "has the exact same bowl, pretty much confirming we have traveled back in time. I only have theories on what it means if someone could travel back in time."
      Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

      Info
      H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

      Constant Special Abilities
      • Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

      Equipped Gear of Note
      MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
      6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
      User avatar
      Grant Latham
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 435
      Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
      Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

      Re: Torment

      Postby Keiko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:48 am

      **Rolls Held Over**

      Active Effects
      • Dimensional Attenuation: 90 Miles
      • Excellent hearing and smell
      • Sixth Sense
      • Sustain | BOM 109 | 27 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.



      Ashlynn wrote:
      Ashlynn nods, and looks Keiko over. "We already ARE! So don't get me in trouble please. I like it here and... not here, but with the Heroes for Hire... and I don't wanna go. Promise you'll behave?" Ashlynn looks at the felinoid with sincerity. "Wait'll we get you home - you'll meet Zac and Marit and Jazia - she's new we just found her but she's nice!" Huey (a bookwyrm), at this point, soaking wet and in a foul mood, climbs up on Ashlynn's back and perches awkwardly on her shoulder. "This is Huey - he's my dragon." She turns to Huey, "Aren't you? Aren't you my big boy? Yes you are!"

      Once Daisuke opens the portal back to the APCs - or as close as he can get - Ashlynn grabs Keiko's hand and makes for the portal. "Watch your footing! Water's choppy on the other side!" She activates her energy shield on her left arm, and charges through, Keiko in tow.


      Keiko still has as much of a smile as she can muster on her face. "I will try to follow his rules. I hope you can keep me moving in the right direction. You're right this is not the time or place to discuss them. I won't bring any trouble to you Ash...Well not intentionally anyway." I have a feeling she might see me more as a pet then anything right now. It will work for the time being. Keiko smiles at the small dragon on Ash's back. "You know he kind of reminds me of a good friend of mine. She's a Royal Frilled Dragon. I was with her when she hatched. Despite being in one hell of a fight, it was one of the most magical things I have ever seen. Still he is much smaller then her. When in her natural form she is roughly the size of your APC."

      Grant Latham wrote:
      "Temporal magic?" Grant pauses, "That is a rare magic indeed. I wish I knew more about it, it might help me better understand how we got here. Combat magic is uncommon. My instructors were always sneering at combat magic, but I disagree there are a number of useful magics."

      "I have, had? Will have? Ah, the conundrums of time travel," Grant quips, "A friend in Dweomer, a Battle Magi, who showed me a number of useful incantations." He sighs, and holds up the bowl, "John," he points over to Weiss, "has the exact same bowl, pretty much confirming we have traveled back in time. I only have theories on what it means if someone could travel back in time."


      Keiko nods her head. "Most people dismiss combat magic. I have never been sure why. I have always found it useful. Given what is going on I assume this is not a short trip back in time. My husband was my teacher, but even he could only go a short ways backwards. It was much easier to go forward. Even I can only effect very short rearward travel in time. A few seconds at best. Usually I can undo a small mistake as it happens. It's always been hard to talk openly about my temporal magic. But given the situation it didn't seem like the time to try and hide things. I'm sure we can talk more about it in a safer location. "
      Time travel backwards...Interesting. I had only ever seen it used to go forwards...I wonder if I might be able to learn of this. would I be able to change the outcome of that day? What ripples would it send through the universe? Would the unseen side effects be worth it? Much to consider. But I would like to learn how this was done. I have to learn how this was done.
      Keiko

      P.P.E.: 110/110
      I.S.P.: 35/35
      H.P.: 29/29
      S.D.C.: 86/86

      MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
      Helmet - 40/40
      Left Arm 20/20
      Right Arm 20/20
      Right Leg 30/30
      Left Leg 30/30
      Main Body - 60/60
      Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
      User avatar
      Keiko
       
      Posts: 34
      Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

      Re: Torment

      Postby Virtus » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:34 pm

      Conditions
      Time: Day 3, 00:33
      Temperature: 26F
      Visibility: 50ft (heavy fog)
      Wind: 5mph out of the Northwest
      Snow: 12"
      4 feet of flooding
      Radio Traffic: moderate, heavy interference
      Magic Use: Extreme magics within 500ft. Triangle rules in effect. Supernatural evil is detectable within 200ft and all will sense it within the scope of time.
      Nexus Present within 1 mile
      Open Rifts within 1 mile


      Regarding the fused Individuals, Grants asks about how their condition came about. It is then another soldier answers him quietly, so as not to let his voice carry. "It was a blue light. We couldn't say for certain. The best way I can describe it was like a large body of water oriented veritcally under the arch, rippling. There was a sound like a heart beat and with each beat the center of the pool of blue light surged towards us. We were holding our position near the interstate. Then it reached us. It was like being in the ocean when a wave comes in. It pushed against us, then swirled around. You could feel it! It was like you'd never been alive until that point. And then it went upside down. Crazy things began happening. Several people disappeared, some ran screaming as they burst into flames, but several of my soldiers just began to melt, or the world melted around them. We had to leave many behind. We made for the second line, but when we got close, they opened fire on us. Apparently we weren't allowed past the new perimeter. So I took who we could and made for her. That's when we ran into Ryver. We've been holed up here since yesterday." Grant sees a dark skinned man, likely in his 40s. Some of his skin looks as if it is cracking. Only Grant's nature allows him to see the traces of PPE between the cracks. Looking intently, even the man's eyes show the radiance of magic in his blood vessels. All of the people here seems to exhibit similar symptoms. What effects the blue light may have had, he doesn't know, but he doubts their bodies are capable of handling high magic saturation for long. "I'm Lieutenant Colonel Carver, NEMA Emergency Force. I overheard a bit when River was talking to your friends in that bowl. I have to say, it's unnerving."

      Daisuke plots their escape. There is no way to get to the overpass in one shot. He can just make out a spot beyond the ring of water. He opens one portal to get everyone out of their current position. Once on the ground, he could open another, but it was easier for everyone to run.

      Once back, Ronith gets the lowdown. The fog has intensified. Spanky could only find one clear path out of where they are now. "Those fellas are serious at the perimeter. They nearly took me out. They are shooting first and asking questions later. But where that aircraft came down, cleared a path at least half a mile long. The path is on fire, but no one else around right now. Can't say for how long it'll be clear."

      Weiss can confirm that as the transmission he was able to intercept was confirmation that anything coming out of the secured zone should be destroyed with extreme prejudice.

      The survivors pile into and on top of the APCs. The capable soldiers walk and keep their weapons handy. Carver mentions that they are low on charge and maybe have another 8-10 shots for each soldier.

      The flood waters have followed the group. Though not threatening to sweep anyone away, care is required.

      The sense of evil nearby has several Mercs on edge. Even the natives to this time can sense it.

      Jack looks around and through the fog sees a shadow within the darkness of the fog. Venturing just far enough to get a better look is a massive stone structure standing quietly in the fog. It's a doorway carved out of stone, standing 40 feet tall and 60 feet wide. Two massive doors are covered in runes. There is a small slit opened in them. Ashlynn comes up and also sees the doors. Nothing moves around them, but looking at them is uncomfortable.

      Moving the group out is easy, considering the condition. They soon encounter the flaming wreckage of the large aircraft and can see a burning trail heading towards the southeast. The NEMA perimeter is breached, but Barracuda can see and hear that NEMA forces are not far beyond the limitation of vision. In fact, without the fog, they would be spotted. Ronith and crew follow the trail of fire for three more blocks. Ravenhill comes to speak with Ronith. "Alright folks. We are past the perimeter, but what we've seen so far is this is a sprawling city. We've got about a hundred and fifty people and a dozen vehicles. What's your plan from here?"
      User avatar
      Virtus
      Game Master
       
      Posts: 333
      Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

      Re: Torment

      Postby Grant Latham » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:56 pm

      New Perception: 78% vs 1d100 = 93
      JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 95


      Constant Abilities
      Character Sheet

      • Sense Ley Line: 89%
      • Sense Ley Line Nexus 99%
      • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 150mi
      • Sense Magic in Use: 1000'
      • Half Damage from magical cold, heat, and fire
      • Immune to Possession
      • Regenerate 2d6 M.D.C. per minute
      • Fatigues at half normal rate, hold breath up to 3 minutes
      • Base Spell Strength: 15
      • Spell Range doubled
      • Spells, psionic attacks, drugs, and disease that cause confusion, dizziness, or dull the senses are half as effective (penalties and duration)
      • Silver and 90% pure iron weapons inflict their S.D.C. equivalent damage in M.D.C. Rune weapons and holy weapons do double damage. Suffers double damage from Ley Line Storms
      • Turn Invisible at will (Simple)
      Stats
      • M.D.C.: 97/97
      • I.S.P.: 94/94
      • P.P.E.: 1968/656
      • MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]
      Active Magic and Psionics
      • Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
      • Fly as an Eagle | BOM 115 | 25 PPE| 149.75 min | 50 mph, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge +2 Damage diving attack.
      • Infrared Vision | MA 9 | 5 PPE | 59.75 min | 3000'
      • Invisibility to Sensors | MA 15 | 20 PPE | 5 min
      • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 60 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy
      • Mystic Invisibility | MA 17 | 25 PPE | 59.75 min
      • Nightvision | MA 9 | 4 PPE | 5.75 min | 3600' in non magical darkness
      • See the Invisible | BOM 92 | 4 PPE | 6 min | 1200'
      • Sense Evil | BOM 92 | 2 PPE | 5.75 min | 270' radius
        {*]Charismatic Aura | BOM 99 | 480'r | | 19.5 min | Save vs Magic 15 | +8 P.B. Friendship/Trust, Power/Fear, Successful Deception (80% believe)
      • Aura of Power | BOM 93 | 27 min | Appears +3 lvls, +5 M.A. Psionic See Aura will see truth. Magic See Aura will fluctuate.


      Charm/Impress: 60%
      Trust/Intimidate: 84%

      Virtus wrote:Regarding the fused Individuals, Grants asks about how their condition came about. It is then another soldier answers him quietly, so as not to let his voice carry. "It was a blue light. We couldn't say for certain. The best way I can describe it was like a large body of water oriented veritcally under the arch, rippling. There was a sound like a heart beat and with each beat the center of the pool of blue light surged towards us. We were holding our position near the interstate. Then it reached us. It was like being in the ocean when a wave comes in. It pushed against us, then swirled around. You could feel it! It was like you'd never been alive until that point. And then it went upside down. Crazy things began happening. Several people disappeared, some ran screaming as they burst into flames, but several of my soldiers just began to melt, or the world melted around them. We had to leave many behind. We made for the second line, but when we got close, they opened fire on us. Apparently we weren't allowed past the new perimeter. So I took who we could and made for her. That's when we ran into Ryver. We've been holed up here since yesterday." Grant sees a dark skinned man, likely in his 40s. Some of his skin looks as if it is cracking. Only Grant's nature allows him to see the traces of PPE between the cracks. Looking intently, even the man's eyes show the radiance of magic in his blood vessels. All of the people here seems to exhibit similar symptoms. What effects the blue light may have had, he doesn't know, but he doubts their bodies are capable of handling high magic saturation for long. "I'm Lieutenant Colonel Carver, NEMA Emergency Force. I overheard a bit when River was talking to your friends in that bowl. I have to say, it's unnerving."


      So it doesn't appear to be a standing effect of the ley lines around us, but something that came out of the rift. The ley line storm may have contributed as well, but as long as as the shielding spell I cast remains in place, we should be safe. No reason to tempt fate, leaving the immediate area is still the correct course of action, Grant thinks.

      Grant debates with himself what he should tell them, The truth may be too much for them, but it's now their reality, Their ignorance will get them killed even faster. "How long has all of this" He holds up his hand and gestures around, "been going on, before that blue light came out of the arch?" This could help pinpoint when we are. "My team and I are not from here, I believe we were forcible brought here carried by that wave of blue light. What you are seeing around the Archway are rivers of an energy that has always been here, but at a level to low for you to realize was there. It's created by life, each of you have a small portion of this energy within, with practice, some of you may be able to grow that reservoir. It can be manipulated with a properly focused mind to create many different things, like what I did to help you move. Where these rivers of energy meet, they create a nexus and the area becomes dimensionally strained." He looks for the glazed eyes, "What you need to know is that right now, avoiding the lines will be the safest course. What is happening at the arch is called a rift. It is a tear in space and time, leading to another dimension. That huge monster standing in the archway is proof of what I say is true."

      When Lieutenant Colonel Carver introduces himself, Grant says, "I am Lord Magus Latham, but please, call me Grant. I will introduce you to our leader, Sir Ronith Turand. We can see there continues to be a fierce battle being raged around the Arch. Any help you can provide to alert your forces that we, both yours and ours, are not a threat would be appreciated." Grant takes him over to Sir Ronith and makes the introduction.

      After the group makes it's way back to Collegiate forces and then begin moving Grant thinks about what can be done for the soldiers. He ponders the incantation and analyzes it's structure, the words of power, the placement, the controlling phrases, intonations. He realizes that by a sight alteration of the control words, he can change the Purification spell he knows that removes impurities in food and drink into a spell that can remove impurities within himself and others (Level Up Spell: Purge Self, and EP purchase: Purge Other.) It's then that he notices the surge in evil intent around him, his magical sense of evil imparting on him that something is close and watching them. No time to try it out now, it will have to wait until we get indoors.

      He goes and finds the mages and psychics from the Collegiate to find out if they can help him secure the group from the malevolence around them. (He's looking to see if there are any psychics that can perform and exorcism and/or perform psychic surgury, as well any mages that have any defensive magics to combat supernatural forces. As they move, Grant will recast Ley Line Storm Defense as they approach the edge of each spell's protective radius.

      Lore: Magic (General/Runes/Enchantment) 129%/119%/100% vs 1d100 = 60

      If called over to view the stone doorway in the fog, Grant will grab Keiko, "Keiko, your dimensional insights will be invaluable. Will you join me in investigating the structure Jack and Ashlynn have found?" Once there he reviewes the runes on the door and also activates his ability to Read Dimensional Portals (RUE p175), and cast Decipher Magic (HU2 p321), See Wards (HUGM 182), Eyes of Thoth (BOM 106), and Farseeing (MA p9) using the energy from the nexi around them as well as renew his various defensive magics as needed.
      Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

      Info
      H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

      Constant Special Abilities
      • Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

      Equipped Gear of Note
      MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
      6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
      User avatar
      Grant Latham
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 435
      Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
      Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

      Re: Torment

      Postby Jack McDermott » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:05 am

      Perception: 1d100 = 35 vs 42%
      JIC: 1d20 = 14 and 1d100 = 73

      Jack stands shoulder to shoulder with Ashlynn, "I don't like doorways. I don't like this place." Jack turns to look at her, "What do you say we just go home now? I'll pinch you, you pinch me and we can meet barracuda by the pool for some ice-tea, maybe flick some pickles at some folks?"

      Jack turns back to the archway and tries to make out the Runes thinking, I bet Grant would be better at this, right as Grant walks up. Jack smiles below his buff, Bet he is psychic too. "What do you think it is?", he will ask the mage as he starts to search the structure for any hidden details or compartments. If Jack feels he has a translation for the Runes or finds anything hidden in the structure he will immediately let Grant know.

      Jack will ask Huey in Dragonese to check on Shadow and Ice bear knowing they have been in the APC for a while now, Should they have stayed with Zoey? Am I a bad Dad? Jack questions his decision to bring the ferrets on the mission. After/If Huey leaves he will address Ashlynn, "This place isn't safe for the kids. Should we keep them in the APC?" She can clearly see the worry in his eyes as he struggles to hold the panic and fear in. "We need to find a safe place to think."


      Skills
      --Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 45% vs 1d100 = 59 - Identify, decipher the runes
      Detect Concealment 50% vs 1d100 = 84 - Look for anything hidden in the doorway structure

      Save vs Insanity 1d20+1 = 11
      Last edited by Jack McDermott on Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
      [H.P.: 17/17
      S.D.C.: 59/59
      Perception: 30%
      Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15%/25%

      Character Sheet
      Saving Throw Bonuses
      • Coma/Death: +10%
      • Magic (varies):
      • Lethal Poison (14+): +2
      • Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +2
      • Insanity (12+): +1
      • Psionics (varies): +1
      • Horror Factor (varies):

      Combat Data
      • HTH Type: Expert
      • Number of Attacks: 5
      • Initiative Bonus: +1
      • Strike Bonus: +3
      • Parry Bonus: +5
      • Dodge Bonus: +5
      • HTH Damage Bonus:
      • Kick Attack: 1D8 damage
      • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
      • Bonus to Pull a Punch:
      • Bonus to Disarm:
      • Automatic Knockout on natural roll of 20

      NE-BA-30 Light Body Armor
      M.D.C. by Location:
      • Head/Helmet - 50/50
      • Arms -30 /30
      • Legs - 40/40
      • Main Body -60 /60
      User avatar
      Jack McDermott
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 144
      Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

      Re: Torment

      Postby Ashlynn » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:41 am

      Perception: 76% /81% in Wide Open Spaces 1d100 = 44

      JIC: 1d20 = 6
      1d100 = 58

      Conditions:
      • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
      • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | ??/81 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

      Keiko wrote:"I will try to follow his rules. I hope you can keep me moving in the right direction. You're right this is not the time or place to discuss them. I won't bring any trouble to you Ash...Well not intentionally anyway."


      Ashlynn grins. "Things happen. I didn't mean to blow up headquarters but sometimes mistakes get made."

      Keiko wrote: "You know he kind of reminds me of a good friend of mine. She's a Royal Frilled Dragon. I was with her when she hatched. Despite being in one hell of a fight, it was one of the most magical things I have ever seen. Still he is much smaller then her. When in her natural form she is roughly the size of your APC."


      Ashlynn's eyes boggle. "Oh, WOW. That sounds amazing! I met a real dragon once - we're good friends! His name is Horne, which I know sounds like a lie or a joke but I swear it's not. He lives in Dweomer. I never saw him in his natural form. But Huey's as big as he's gonna get - aren't you big boy? aren't you? - He's my familiar."

      Now that Keiko is stronger and standing on her own, Ashlynn feels confident to leave her side and join Jack looking around. When they see the massive stone doors she shudders.

      Jack wrote: "I don't like doorways. I don't like this place."


      "That's... not good. I'm gonna take a stand and say that's not good."

      Jack wrote:"What do you say we just go home now? I'll pinch you, you pinch me and we can meet barracuda by the pool for some ice-tea, maybe flick some pickles at some folks?"


      Ashlynn smiles at Jack. He's worried - real worried. She giggles. "You're on. We just gotta do a thing first."

      She turns and calls to Grant. "Grant! Come looky. Bad juju doors."

      When Jack asks Huey to check on Shadow and Ice Bear, Ashlynn watches to see Huey's reaction. I mean I can ask him to do stuff... but I can't make him. He wants to stay with me - and after the way we got here - almost losing him in that mess - I kinda don't wanna lose sight of him again.

      Jack wrote:"This place isn't safe for the kids. Should we keep them in the APC?"


      She raises her eyebrows. "Jack... it ain't safe for anyone. If we're close the the APC that's fine, but I don't know what to expect, so I don't wanna be separated for long." She doesn't mention how, since they were partnered in Dweomer, Huey has felt like a part of her. Like a part of her body that walks and thinks independently. Though the sense of it is odd, it has also been reassuring to her to know that he is there.
      Ashlynn
      AKA Mega KillRocket Superstar

      H.P.: 45/45
      S.D.C.: 68/68


      TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
      M.D.C. by Location:
      • Helmet: 45/45
      • Arms: 40/40 each
      • Legs: 45/45 each
      • Main Body: 100/100
      Modifiers: +5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +4 to P.P., +1 APM, +3 to initiative, +1 to parry and dodge, +3 to disarm, and +6 to roll w/impact, -10% to electronic perception
      Features:
      • All Features of Triax EBA
      • Molecular Adhesion Pads on hands and feet
      • Impact Absorbing Systems (p.89, MercOps)
      • Infrared & thermal masking

      N-F20A Medium Force Field (integrated into FreeRunner Exoskeleton)
      M.D.C. by Location:
        Force Field: 75
      Features:
        10 hour duration per E-clip
      User avatar
      Ashlynn
      Gold Level Patron
      Gold Level Patron
       
      Posts: 240
      Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 pm

      Re: Torment

      Postby Keiko » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:58 am

      Perception: 1d100 = 91/31%
      JIC: 1d20 = 16;1d100 = 75

      Active Effects
      • Dimensional Attenuation: 110 Miles
      • Excellent hearing and smell
      • Sixth Sense
      • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
      • See Dimensional Anomaly: 8 Minutes: Anomalies such as dimensional envelopes and pockets are suddenly visible, as well as characters transformed into fourth dimensional beings, two dimensional beings, and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities.



      Grant Latham wrote:
      If called over to view the stone doorway in the fog, Grant will grab Keiko, "Keiko, your dimensional insights will be invaluable. Will you join me in investigating the structure Jack and Ashlynn have found?" Once there he reviews the runes on the door and also activates his ability to Read Dimensional Portals (RUE p175), and cast Decipher Magic (HU2 p321), See Wards (HUGM 182), Eyes of Thoth (BOM 106), and Farseeing (MA p9) using the energy from the nexi around them as well as renew his various defensive magics as needed.


      Keiko follows Grant. "Oh what are we investigating? Damn. Those are some super creepy doors. Let see what we can got off of it. I have a spell that might help." Keiko will activate Read Dimensional Portal and cast See dimensional anomaly (p. 246 BOM) to observe any Dimensional Anomalies in the area of the door. She will also focus her natural Dimensional Attenuation ability (See Active Effects) To see what she can make of the doors, if they are some kind of dimensional or temporal disturbance. Keiko will use the nexus to refill her PPE reserves when she is finished casting. This is like nothing I've seen before. How did a set of doors get out here? They have to lead somewhere. More portals I have seen and used are just that a portal or small tear in the fabric of space and time. This looks like something different. The runes on the outside are likely not a good sign either. Likely not a good idea to physically touch it.
      "That door feels wrong. I do not recommend touching it. In my experience "Runes" equal some kind of soul magic. Although they could be decorative, I seriously doubt it. I have not see anything like this in my travels."
      Keiko

      P.P.E.: 110/110
      I.S.P.: 35/35
      H.P.: 29/29
      S.D.C.: 86/86

      MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
      Helmet - 40/40
      Left Arm 20/20
      Right Arm 20/20
      Right Leg 30/30
      Left Leg 30/30
      Main Body - 60/60
      Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
      User avatar
      Keiko
       
      Posts: 34
      Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

      Re: Torment

      Postby Weiss » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:14 pm

      Perception 53% 1d100 = 8
      JIC 1d100 = 23 1d20 = 20

      Conditions:
      Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
      Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | ??/81 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy

      As the portal falls short, Weiss leads them and helps direct into the vehicles

      Virtus wrote:The survivors pile into and on top of the APCs. The capable soldiers walk and keep their weapons handy. Carver mentions that they are low on charge and maybe have another 8-10 shots for each soldier.


      Frak, if we get into a firefight, they won't be much good.
      "Alright, we'll see what we can do," Weiss tells Carver, "start with your best shots and any heavy weapons. We will work our way down from there."

      He grabs Ronith's attention as he passes

      "They have a severe ammo shortage. We get into a fracas, they won't be a lot of help. Best not to give them anything from the future though. Don't want to screw up the timeline. We've got an e-clip charger and I recall Ben, Prince Corwin, whatever he's calling himself today can charge e-clips as well. If you are happy, I'll arrange with them a rota to start charging them up and get them back into some form of fighting shape." And I want to get home to my family and them still be there.

      Assuming Ronith agrees

      "First though, I am going to put my bowl back in the Beauty. Keep it as far as possible away from its counterpart. Best not make this situation anymore complicated."

      He heads over to the Beauty and stores the bowl in the back, trying to wedge on his toolkit, so that it is not easily shaken loose. "I'll be back soon honey. How soon to the college?"

      He then heads over to the APC and opens up the locker he stored the charger in.

      "Ben, this is Weiss, the NEMA forces we rescued have an ammo shortage. Ben, can you still do that trick with recharging e-clips? I'm setting up the eclip charger, but if you could pitch in with a few please. Best to not let them see though. Already freaked enough as it is.

      As he finishes, he sees Ash and Jack with their ... familiars if that was what Grant called them.

      Ashlynn wrote:She raises her eyebrows. "Jack... it ain't safe for anyone. If we're close the the APC that's fine, but I don't know what to expect, so I don't wanna be separated for long.


      "Probably best they stay out of the way," Weiss overhears them as he hunts through the lockers, "maybe use an empty locker. I'd take them in the Beauty, but it's cramped enough already in there. What's your read on the new girl?" The others had been quick to trust her, but Weiss had not had chance to speak to her. He figured she was probably okay

      Taking what eclips are offered to him, he plugs the first one in and shows one of the soldiers how to use it.

      "D, you still happy to act as gunner? Gonna set us up as rearguard. Beauty has a good mix of weapons, including magical. Something intends on following us and I mean to be ready for it in case it does."

      Weiss keeps the Beauty at the rear of the column, keeping his sensors active enough to be useful, but trying not to be picked up by the NEMA forces. Hate to get shot by the guys we'd normally be allied with.

      Sensory Equipment 74% 1d100 = 29
      Electronic Countermeasures 69% 1d100 = 73
      viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16132

      HP: 32
      SDC: 54

      Active:
      Clock calendar
      Gyro Compass
      User avatar
      Weiss
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 244
      Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am
      Location: Heroes 4 Hire PC

      Re: Torment

      Postby Virtus » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:56 pm

      Grant and Keiko step to within a few feet of the doorway in order to read the device. badump Both of them are familiar with dimensional prisons and how they work. At best, this doorway could be described as the opposite. badump Rather than a device to imprison, it's a way to force entry into an isolated dimension. There is only one prerequisite for this door: Sentient life. While certainly it requires PPE to operate, the critical factor is the sacrifice of life within it's range. badump Normally it's range suggest to be about 3 miles in diameter. Grant can theorize that the current conditions may extend that range to three times normal. badump But it needs 50,000 lives to fully open. What lies beyond the door is something dangerous. That the world has been begging for And of Great power. Ick'thuran lo sarakk!

      ((Keiko and Grant, save vs Insanity))
      User avatar
      Virtus
      Game Master
       
      Posts: 333
      Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

      Re: Torment

      Postby Grant Latham » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:00 am

      (rolls carried)

      Insanity EP crit vs 12


      When the device had magically reassembled and activated transporting them all back in time the ley lines had shrieked in Grant's mind. Then arriving in the midst of a ley line storm at the St. Louis Arch, Grant had felt like the voice of the lines were an inchoate roar of anguish and struggle as they were surging with un-stabilized power. When he had successfully cast the Ley Line Storm Defense spell. It was like a sigh of release. But in all of it, the lines hadn't spoken to him as they had in his own time. He was used to some lines chattered like monkeys in a tree, others were a low slow bass rumble of platitudes.

      As a child and adolescent as his abilities grew the voices of the ley lines grew more clear. He would get in trouble with his teachers because he would speak to the air, answer to unasked questions. His parents sent him to doctors to find out what was going on. They had determined he had schizophrenia, but a mild case since he only heard the voices when he was on a ley line. Ley Line Walkers with an extra strong affinity to ley lines were classified as a sub-category as Ley Line Rifters, and they on a whole tended to exhibit mental disorders more frequently. There was even debate that perhaps that Grant really was communicating with the ley lines as ley line walkers of all stripes had commented they've also learned new spell knowledge when meditating on a line and that the lines themselves could be used for communication. But since he seemed to be having full fledged conversations rather than bursts of insight, they decided that regular counseling would be necessary. Grant having determined that his continued education in magic was dependent on what these doctors said, went along and participated in the counseling. Internally, he knew they were wrong about him.

      Grant for his part, had read many journals about others getting help from Ley Lines. He intellectually understood what his teachers, doctors, and parents were telling him; but the evidence was there in how many times he'd received knowledge that came only when he was on a ley line, the fact that others couldn't talk to the lines as well as he could was their own limitations since they'd also recognized that he was a genius, prodigy in the magical arts as well.

      Grant had theorized on his own, that in this time, the lines so newly born, and born out of the deaths of so many, hadn't figured out how to speak yet. They were essentially infants. So when he moved to the door, he hadn't been paying as much attention to the babbling in his mind.

      The Stone Door wrote:Grant and Keiko step to within a few feet of the doorway in order to read the device. badump Both of them are familiar with dimensional prisons and how they work. At best, this doorway could be described as the opposite. badump Rather than a device to imprison, it's a way to force entry into an isolated dimension. There is only one prerequisite for this door: Sentient life. While certainly it requires PPE to operate, the critical factor is the sacrifice of life within it's range. badump Normally it's range suggest to be about 3 miles in diameter. Grant can theorize that the current conditions may extend that range to three times normal. badump But it needs 50,000 lives to fully open. What lies beyond the door is something dangerous.


      At each badump, the babble in Grant's mind grew louder and clearer. With consternation, Grant turns to Keiko and says, "I think we need to figure out how to close that door. There are theories that magic returned because of some ancient conflict which caused the death of millions, billions at the same time, which now that we are apparently back at that point in time appear to be validated. The key to opening the door is life as well and it's been brought here to this place and time to open. This can't be for good."

      The Stone Door of Really Evil wrote:That the world has been begging for And of Great power. Ick'thuran lo sarakk!


      As this thought enters his head, the babbling in his mind suddenly becomes clear as well. Whether it's a rejection from the ley lines or his own subconscious, he doesn't know. As the words enter his mind, a counter is given, his own insanity not willing to give way to another:

      That NO! the NO! world NO! has NO! been NO! begging NO! for And NO! of NO! Great NO! power. NO! Ick'thuran NO! lo NO! sarakk! NO!

      As if pressed by a great weight, Grant staggers, his right knee buckles. He kicks forward with his left leg, planting his foot. His right knee ever so close the ground, but not touching. His hands curl into fists and he slowly raises his head. In a choking growl of a voice he says, "No! I defy you!"
      Grant Latham - Owner/Operator - Latham Transport - Providing fast delivery through a treacherous wasteland....by not going through it!Explorer Point Record

      Info
      H.P.: 49/49 • S.D.C.: 23/23 • P.P.E.: 207/207 • I.S.P.: 60/60 • Running: 80'/action

      Constant Special Abilities
      • Sense Ley Line: 64% | 50mi • Sense Ley Line Nexus: 74% • Sense a Rift: Automatic | 90mi • Sense Magic in Use: 500'

      Equipped Gear of Note
      MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor • Main Body: 50/50 • Armor of Ithan: 50/50 [Off]MP-6 Firebolt Pistol • Alien Submachine-gun
      6'x6' Canvas Mat - rolled and slung over shoulder by an adjustable strap.
      User avatar
      Grant Latham
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 435
      Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm
      Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

      Re: Torment

      Postby Keiko » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:07 pm

      **Rolls Held Over**

      Active Effects
      • Dimensional Attenuation: 110 Miles
      • Excellent hearing and smell
      • Sixth Sense
      • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
      • See Dimensional Anomaly: 8 Minutes: Anomalies such as dimensional envelopes and pockets are suddenly visible, as well as characters transformed into fourth dimensional beings, two dimensional beings, and the invisible energy essence of alien intelligences and entities.


      Save vs Insanity EP Crit

      Keiko feels a familiar tug at her senses. Similar to how she felt the day she met her husband. The raw power behind the door was calling to her. Behind her closed eyes she could see her former home. The death of her family at the hands of her husband opened her eyes to the greater metaverse. The power offered that day she took and never looked back. The price was worth it. There was no changing the past. Her husband had taught her. It was the law for those with temporal abilities. Even those that wanted to could not change the past. Going back even briefly was difficult. Yet here she was in the far past. At the beginning of what would shape the future that would eventually produce her kind. Keiko opened her eyes but a moment had passed. The power emanating from the door called out for blood. She could feel the hunger from the door and what ever darkness was lurking behind it.



      Grant Latham wrote:
      At each badump, the babble in Grant's mind grew louder and clearer. With consternation, Grant turns to Keiko and says, "I think we need to figure out how to close that door. There are theories that magic returned because of some ancient conflict which caused the death of millions, billions at the same time, which now that we are apparently back at that point in time appear to be validated. The key to opening the door is life as well and it's been brought here to this place and time to open. This can't be for good."

      The Stone Door of Really Evil wrote:That the world has been begging for And of Great power. Ick'thuran lo sarakk!


      As if pressed by a great weight, Grant staggers, his right knee buckles. He kicks forward with his left leg, planting his foot. His right knee ever so close the ground, but not touching. His hands curl into fists and he slowly raises his head. In a choking growl of a voice he says, "No! I defy you!"


      Each thump drove into Keiko's mind unbidden images of the room where she found her husband came rushing back. The blood was flowing around her threatening to overwhelm her. The sight of her husband's head bobbing in the lake of blood at her feet. She clasp the side of her head with her paws, crying out. When she heard the soft tone of her husband's voice. "Be strong love. Be true to yourself. You are no ones servant."

      Keiko jumps back from the door drawing her axe in one swift motion, "No! I will not be your pawn!". Keiko's fur now puffed up sticking out between the gaps in her armor. Her tail about twice the size it used to be. With a small growl Keiko puts her axe away and works on trying to smooth out her fur. "I hate that part. Bastard got me all riled up." Keiko moves to Grant and helps him away from the door. "Are you alright? I was not expecting that. I dont know if we can close it. At some point we need to return this door to its owner. I do not have the skills to do so." Keiko helps Grant to his feet, all the joy and mirth in her voice is gone, "Do you have a way to make a spell permanent? I might have an idea. But we should discuss it away from this thing. I dont trust it. Jack, Ash, Let's go. We need to leave this thing. Can some one make note of where it is. I have a feeling we may see it again."
      Keiko

      P.P.E.: 110/110
      I.S.P.: 35/35
      H.P.: 29/29
      S.D.C.: 86/86

      MA-2 TW Combat Mage Armor
      Helmet - 40/40
      Left Arm 20/20
      Right Arm 20/20
      Right Leg 30/30
      Left Leg 30/30
      Main Body - 60/60
      Armor of Ithan 50/50 M.D.C.
      User avatar
      Keiko
       
      Posts: 34
      Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 pm

      Re: Torment

      Postby Ronith » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:40 am

      JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 67
      PER: 1d100 = 52 vs. 94% (+15% with hearing, +25% to ID friend or foe, strategic assessment, ID strengths and weaknesses of enemy; +10% to ID enemy in disguise, metamorphed, or shape-changed)
      JIC save vs. insanity: 1d20+7 = 9 (plus possible psionic E-M dampener bonuses)
      Conditions
      [*]Ley line nexus: Triples range/duration/damage of magic, doubles range and damage of magic weapons, doubles range and duration of psionic powers, can draw 1d6+1 ISP per melee.
      [*]EBA Psionic Electromagnetic Dampeners: +2 to Save vs all Psionic Attacks and Possession Attempts, +1 to Save vs Magic Illusion and Mind Control.
      [*]EBA Integrated Sensor Pod: +3 Initiative, +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, +5 to Roll w/, allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise.
      [*]EBA exoskeleton: +4 PP, +20 Speed, +10' to leaps, +10% to Climbing, Reduce Fatigue by 75%.
      [*]Enhanced reflexes: R25 P. 75, +1 APM, +3 I, +1s, +2p/d, +2PP [+1 s/p/d], +15% to physical skills that rely on coordination or balance (+5% after EBA penalty), 13m30s left.
      [*]Extended presence sense: 150ft. range, 13m30s left. Can pinpoint exact number and location of all sentient beings in the area, 50%+3%/level skill.
      [*]Mind block: RUE P. 174, immune to telepathy/etc., +1 to save vs. all psychic and mental attacks, 199m00s left.
      [*]Group mind block: RUE P. 178, as above but everyone in a 240-foot radius. 240m00s left.
      Barracuda wrote:"Ronith! Are you under attack?" When Ronith eventually dismisses the issue, he'll do a quick look around to make sure nothing around is attacking.
      Though he puts on a brave face, the pain is so intense that Ronith doesn’t think to adopt his normal, formal speaking style. ”Don’t… think. Take command, just give me a minute.” Squeezing his eyes shut, Ronith retreats behind his mind block and attempts to weather the storm. Eventually, the cyber-knight manages to beat it back, and with several deep breaths he snaps his faceplate closed and resumes his position with the team, guarding the evacuees. True to form, Ronith is among the last to go through. Once the situation has stabilized, Ronith guards the rear of the column of refugees, and co
      Grant Latham wrote:Grant's expression at Sir Ronith's decision is clear that he doesn't agree entirely with it. "I recommend that Ryver keep both bowls from this time together. Our best hope is that what we are doing is what makes our future our future." Unless Sir Ronith dissents, he plans on giving the bowl to Ryver after his discussion with Keiko.
      Ronith nods, reading Grant’s mood. ”If you disagree, let me hear it. I am no expert in temporal mechanics, but for all we know taking the bowl with us is necessary to preserve our future. We cannot function here if we are second-guessing our every move based on a fear of ripple effects. This way, we have a test of whether we can in fact change the future, and one that is as safe and as easy as possible. If we remove the bowl and our timeline changes, we know to bring it back. If we retreat and our future remains intact, then one way or another our actions are predestined.” Whether that is for good or ill, I do not know.

      Virtus wrote:"I'm Lieutenant Colonel Carver, NEMA Emergency Force. I overheard a bit when River was talking to your friends in that bowl. I have to say, it's unnerving."
      ”Lt. Colonel, I am Sir Ronith Turand and I am in charge here. I want you to know that it is not lost on me that you and your men are trusting us with your lives- we shall do our best to get all of you to safety. Once we are free and clear you, me, and anyone on your command staff whom you trust should have a conversation. I warn you now, it is not going to improve your day in the slightest.” He adds the last, deadpan, as he looks back over the ruined city. This is why it is so important to avoid Ragnarok.

      Virtus wrote:Once back, Ronith gets the lowdown. The fog has intensified. Spanky could only find one clear path out of where they are now. "Those fellas are serious at the perimeter. They nearly took me out. They are shooting first and asking questions later. But where that aircraft came down, cleared a path at least half a mile long. The path is on fire, but no one else around right now. Can't say for how long it'll be clear."
      ”Assuming the fire will not substantially hinder our vehicles, that sounds like our best bet. Proceed at once- out of the city if you can navigate to it, but if nothing else put as much distance as you can between us and that damnable archway. Keep comms open- we need to be able to react quickly if anything comes at us out of that fog. I shall take a scouting party and try to find us a path out of the city- Heroes for Hire shall cover the rear.”

      Weiss wrote:"They have a severe ammo shortage. We get into a fracas, they won't be a lot of help. Best not to give them anything from the future though. Don't want to screw up the timeline. We've got an e-clip charger and I recall Ben, Prince Corwin, whatever he's calling himself today can charge e-clips as well. If you are happy, I'll arrange with them a rota to start charging them up and get them back into some form of fighting shape… First though, I am going to put my bowl back in the Beauty. Keep it as far as possible away from its counterpart. Best not make this situation anymore complicated."
      Ronith nods. ”Agreed.” Then he keys on the joint radio frequency. ”Barracuda, our friends from NEMA could use an ammunition top-off as you are able. Anyone in the APCs, show them how to use the e-clip rechargers. Make sure they’re compatible first.” Would that technology have changed much? Certainly not during a dark age, but the century after? I suppose we shall find out. Turning back to Weiss, Ronith adds ”As for the bowl- keeping it safe is your top priority, but if you can check back on the future periodically. Your link back to the present is our best barometer for whether our actions can alter the future in any meaningful way. I want to know the moment anything changes. Daisuke has worked out well as a gunner, has he not? Take him with you again. Two sets of senses on the bowl will make us less likely to miss anything.”

      When the time comes to move out, Ronith issues orders to the rest of the team. He makes a point of addressing Keiko first. ”We shall need to talk, later- I need to know more about your capabilities. But Grant seems to have a use for you, so I shall leave you in his hands. Ashlynn, you are with them. I shall join the scouts on my hovercycle- Jack, join me if you can. Barracuda, you are on e-clip recharging duty. Grant, keep working on a way back home. Weiss and Daisuke, take the lead position of the convoy. Josie, our APC brings up the rear. Keep your formations tight, and keep it moving. We need to get out of this city.” Ronith then concludes the briefing, hops on his hovercycle, and takes position near the lead of the convoy. Unlike previously, he won’t fully join the scouting group- Ronith feels the need to stay near the convoy in case he needs to take command. Rather, he will maintain a lead position in the convoy, liaise with the scouts, and be among the first to respond to anything unexpected that they come across. As they continue, and Ravenhill calls out for instructions, Ronith replies ”Keep moving for now. The priority is to put a safe distance between us and the Devil’s Gate.”

      Grant Latham wrote:"I think we need to figure out how to close that door. There are theories that magic returned because of some ancient conflict which caused the death of millions, billions at the same time, which now that we are apparently back at that point in time appear to be validated. The key to opening the door is life as well and it's been brought here to this place and time to open. This can't be for good."
      Ronith, glad for his mind block, parks his hovercycle a healthy distance from the door and speaks into the joint radio frequency. ”Keep the convoy moving.” He dismounts, and regards the doorway. This cannot be good. Could this be the source of my headaches? But then why were the others not affected? Ronith puts such concerns out of his mind- the ‘what happened’ matters less than the ‘what next.’ He has a strong sense of foreboding as some of the others investigate the structure- he is acutely conscious of the convoy of civilians, NEMA troops, and mercenaries under his care, and part of Ronith is aware that now is not a good time to be messing with dark magicks. Unfortunately, later might be worse. ”If the doorway opens in response to death, there certainly is plenty to go around now. I agree- but be careful.” As the others approach the doorway, Ronith hangs back but stays close enough to be able to protect everyone with a group mind block, drawing ISP from the area to help power it if he can ((-22-1d6+1 = 5 ISP)). He will also draw frostfang, and use the advanced optics systems (particularly magnification, but any strange readings in nonvisible light spectra will be noted) to examine the door from a safe distance.

      Once things start going not great for the others, Ronith barks out ”Pull back! NOW!” Anyone who stumbles or is otherwise unable to retreat from the door, Ronith will grab and yank out of the way. Breathing heavily, more from adrenaline from exertion, Ronith will do whatever he can to try and stabilize anyone who appears to be struggling in the wake of the gate’s effects. Once things have settled down a bit, Ronith asks Grant ”Any ideas?” Assuming the answer is no, Ronith turns and regards the gate himself. It cannot be allowed to stay open. If death is the key to opening it, could life be the key to closing it? Ronith takes a deep breath and steels himself. Time to do something foolish. He then draws Frostfang and approaches the gate- not necessarily head-on, but at an angle. In the hopes that whatever force is on the other side will be less likely to see or attack him from an oblique angle. Once he can get close enough to touch the gate, he tries to use one of Frostfang’s healing touches on it. A hail mary, but one that might prove illuminating. Then, if absolutely all else fails, Ronith will sigh and attempt to object read the gate ((-6 ISP)).
      I am better than you. You just don't know it.
      Conditions: Sixth Sense; 300ft Nightvision; Amplified Hearing; See the invisible (all permanent);
      Sustain | BOM 109 | 11 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
      +11 vs. Magic, 16 vs. HF, 7 vs. Psi
      Status
      ISP- 64/91; PPE- 57/57; MDC- 88/88 (self), 93/93 (cyber-armor)
      Talismans: AoI (3/3); Invulnerability (2/3); Cleanse (3/3)

      Anti-tech bonuses: No machine/m. weapon bonuses; bonus (tB) +2I/s/p, +6/8 to auto-dodge; opponents -2s/-4s if m. weapons, -2d, -1APM
      User avatar
      Ronith
      Group Leader
       
      Posts: 560
      Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 pm
      Location: Group Leader: Heroes for Hire

      Re: Torment

      Postby Barracuda » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:38 pm

      Perception: 1d100 = 99/43% (58% underwater)
      JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 54

      Damn. I can hear them out there. If they see us, they'll try to take us down. Maybe we need a distraction? Not sure yet.

      Weiss wrote:"Ben, this is Weiss, the NEMA forces we rescued have an ammo shortage. Ben, can you still do that trick with recharging e-clips? I'm setting up the eclip charger, but if you could pitch in with a few please. Best to not let them see though. Already freaked enough as it is.

      Ronith wrote:”Barracuda, our friends from NEMA could use an ammunition top-off as you are able. Anyone in the APCs, show them how to use the e-clip rechargers. Make sure they’re compatible first.”


      "Got it. Let me see what I can do." Great, another one who needs a lesson in naming. I don't have to hide behind my human side anymore. I am Prince Corwin and they will respect that! After his internal monologue, Barracuda attempts to use his control over energy to recharge e-clips for the soldiers from his internal power source. If he runs out of juice, he'll try to find a car to recharge from. "Line em up, folks. I'll recharge what I can to get you back in this fight!"

      If he finds a break from e-clip recharging time, he'll find Ryver and ask her "So, the water. Is that you? I'm a water guy it seemed like it was under someone's control, the way it was blocking those zombies and keeping you all safe. Plus, Ryver? I mean, that's...definitely a giveaway. Not like Barracuda isn't..."
      Barracuda
      Benjamin "Barracuda" Berry, Lord of the Bay
      SDC: 121/121
      HP: 23/23
      Critical Strike: 18-20



      Amulet of Protection Against The Supernatural: +2 vs. Horror Factor and Possession
      Image

      Ledger
      User avatar
      Barracuda
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 358
      Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 am
      Location: Heroes For Hire - PC

      Re: Torment

      Postby Daisuke » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:17 am

      -----------------------------------
      Perception: 1d100 = 65 | 21%
      JIC: 1d20 = 4 | 1d100 = 19%
      -----------------------------------
      Constant Abilities
      Character Sheet
      • Eye of Odin (left eye): 20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)
      • Earth Empowerment
      • Adhesion
      • Instant Wardrobe [30lbs] (2/2)
      • Instead Weapon [70lbs] (1/1)
        • Lynx Laser Rifle
      Stats
        HP: 21/21
        SDC: 81/81
        PPE: 13/13
      Crusader EBA
      Image
      [size=85]M.D.C. by Location:
      • Helmet: 50
      • Arms: 30 each
      • Legs: 50 each
      • Main Body: 95
      Weight: 24 lbs.
      Modifiers: Fair mobility, -15% to physical skills
      Features:
      • All features standard to environmental armor
      Book Reference: p.55-56, WB 34

      Saving Throw Bonuses
      Eye of Odin grants +1 save vs all (not included below)
      Coma/Death: +4%
      Toxins (15+): +1
      Magic (varies): +1
      Magic (Illusions): +2
      Magic (mind-altering): +7
      Lethal Poison (14+): +1
      Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
      Insanity (12+): +10
      Psionics (12+): +6
      Horror Factor: +9
      Disease: +2
      Drugs (mind-altering): +6
      Possession: +6[/size]
      Active Magic and Psionics
      • Sustain | BOM 109 | 13.5 days | Provides Air, Food, Water, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night.
      • Invincible Armor | BOM 121 | 59 min | 225 M.D.C. | Regenerate 1d6 M.D.C./melee. Complete Environmental Protection, 1/2 Damage from Energy


      You are helping them get moving, now what? Kondo taunts in Daisuke’s mind. Now we fix one problem at a time. If we fix enough problems, we get to go home and in the process, save a few lives. the Arismal responds to his internal Devil’s advocate, his mental words dripping with resolve.

      Weiss wrote:"D, you still happy to act as gunner? Gonna set us up as rearguard. Beauty has a good mix of weapons, including magical. Something intends on following us and I mean to be ready for it in case it does."

      Smirking behind his facemask at the shortened nickname, Daisuke responds in the affirmative, ”Happy ‘as a clam’ I’ve heard the saying goes.” When it becomes time to suit up in the Beauty, Daisuke will politely ask, ”Do you mind if we try something? I believe my portal ability may also be useful for rapid entry and egress.” If given permission, the Hoshi will place a hand at the exterior armor plate and open a portal into the pilot’s compartment. Not wanting to risk someone else’s life, he will go through and promptly come back to report its success. ”Seems I am strong enough to will my portal to channel through solid material. I believe this will have tactical use in the future.”

      Once they have “suited up” inside Beauty, Daisuke will sit at the gunner station and familiarize himself with the targeting. He looks around at the various sensors and operational systems with slight internal dismay. I haven’t a lick of idea of what these things do. I really should get more acquainted with technology. Can’t rely on ADF SpecOps training for my livelihood. Seems there are plenty of grunts in this shattered world and I’m not even that good at fighting.

      When attention is turned toward solving the evil gate issue, Daisuke watches astutely as the more mystical of the squad try their hand at solving it. ”What does one usually do in the face of a menacing gate of ultimate evil?” he asks Weiss nonchalantly, as if the answer were a simple multiple choice. For his part, he will reach out with his magnetism senses whether the foreboding gate contains: iron and/or magnetic nature.
      User avatar
      Daisuke
       
      Posts: 41
      Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am
      Location: Heroes for Hire

      PreviousNext

      Return to Heroes for Hire Adventure Forum

      Who is online

      Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests