Welcome to MercTown

Moderator: Augur

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:32 am

Perception: 1d100:
21
/ 21%
JIC: 1d20:
5
/ 1d100:
67


Wolf stopped as MercTown came into view. About time. Finally made it. Wolf twisted in his saddle popping his back. That feels better. Too long in the saddle. Wolf spurs his horse forward towards the gates. Lets go, Dusty.

Loudspeaker wrote:ATTENTION! YOU ARE BEING SCANNED BY EVERY PSYCHIC, MAGIC, AND TECHNOLOGICAL MEANS KNOWN. SUBMIT TO THE DEFENDERS AT THE GATES ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED. SURRENDER ALL LONG-ARMS, POWER ARMOR, AND ROBOT COMBAT VEHICLES. REMOVE AND SURRENDER ALL WEAPONS CONTROL CHIPS IN YOUR VEHICLES. ANY RESISTANCE, ATTACK, OR FAILURE TO OBEY THE DEFENDERS WILL BE MET WITH DEADLY FORCE.


Wolf chuckles at the loud speaker and slows his horse. These guys are a little intense. He dismounts and waits for the guards to wave him forward. "Alright lets get this over with."
After they approach Wolf will ask, "Yall know where I can find the Roughnecks or the MARS group? Heard some good things about them on the road."
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Hannibal » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:19 am

A large heavily armored man walks up to Wolf mumbling on his way, "Must be tourist season, what the hell is with all these people lately." The man's armor looks dusty and from what little Wolf can make out he doesn't seem all that friendly.

Wolf dismounts his horse and tells the man, "Alright lets get this over with." The man walks around Wolf and the horse making notes on a clip board. Walking back up to Wolf he says, "Alright Buckaroo, you got any long rifles hidden I'm not seeing? Keep in mind we got a freaky dude up on the wall listening very closely to your every thought." He looks at Wolf directly. "Your not thinking about getting frisky are you?"

Wolf asks the man, "Yall know where I can find the Roughnecks or the MARS group? Heard some good things about them on the road." The defenders head snaps up to Look at Wolf, he moves close, close enough for wolf to realize this man hasn't brushed his teeth today. "I ask the questions. Do you understand? What to I look like to you? A courtesy counter employee? You got any long rifle stuck up any hidden spots or what?"
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:48 am

Rolls held


Hannibal wrote:The man walks around Wolf and the horse making notes on a clip board. Walking back up to Wolf he says, "Alright Buckaroo, you got any long rifles hidden I'm not seeing? Keep in mind we got a freaky dude up on the wall listening very closely to your every thought." He looks at Wolf directly. "Your not thinking about getting frisky are you?"


A smile tugs at Wold's face but he pushes it back down as the man talks. "No long guns. It's not right not being able to see your opponent. Or him see you."
Not getting frisky with you...but I could probably get the first shot if it came to it.

Hannibal wrote: Wolf asks the man, "Yall know where I can find the Roughnecks or the MARS group? Heard some good things about them on the road." The defenders head snaps up to Look at Wolf, he moves close, close enough for wolf to realize this man hasn't brushed his teeth today. "I ask the questions. Do you understand? What to I look like to you? A courtesy counter employee? You got any long rifle stuck up any hidden spots or what?"


This is for you magic mind person. No you look like someone who really needs to get laid...and with how far your long gun is up your ass I'm surprised you can sit down. Wolf smirks ever so slightly as he looks behind the guard for a moment before replying. "Fine. Do you at least have a map?" Wolf will answer any other questions the guard has.

"Thanks for the help." Wolf will tip his hat to the man when all is said and done and he is finally allowed access to MercTown. Got to be respectful...even if it's not necessarily deserved. Wolf will proceed to the Job Market Cafe to see if he can find any leads on the Roughnecks or MARS.

Job Market Cafe
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Hannibal » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:37 am

Wolf Whitaker wrote:A smile tugs at Wold's face but he pushes it back down as the man talks. "No long guns. It's not right not being able to see your opponent. Or him see you."
Not getting frisky with you...but I could probably get the first shot if it came to it.

This is for you magic mind person. No you look like someone who really needs to get laid...and with how far your long gun is up your ass I'm surprised you can sit down. Wolf smirks ever so slightly as he looks behind the guard for a moment before replying. "Fine. Do you at least have a map?" Wolf will answer any other questions the guard has.

"Thanks for the help." Wolf will tip his hat to the man when all is said and done and he is finally allowed access to MercTown. Got to be respectful...even if it's not necessarily deserved. Wolf will proceed to the Job Market Cafe to see if he can find any leads on the Roughnecks or MARS.


The guard pause for a second with his hand on his ear, he turns to look at you. "Wise guy huh, the freaks tell me your funny. First shot. Ha." The man chuckles while he reaches into a pouch on his thigh. "Here is your map. Be sure to stay out of trouble inside. Wouldn't want to hear you confidence god yah killed."

The defender walks away talking to someone, "Yeah, wonder if he knows how many are trained on him."
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Zed » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:52 pm

Perception: 1d100:
50

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
12
/ 1d100:
95


The magical camouflage Zed was wearing fades as he cancels it once the booming voice on the end of the “Loudspeaker” is overheard. A smile and a quick bow of the head are how he chooses to respond. Thin, hooded, garb hiding full features on his face. The High Magus makes observations and mental notes on the design of MercTown's wall.

Rather decently designed choke point. 150 meters give or take for the sound broadcasting... which probably means they spotted me at at least thrice that distance... I don't perceive any type of magic dampeners this far out, but a bullet to the head works just as well- if a bit overkill. Well Zed, let's see what's inside.

While walking the final 500’ distance to the gates, the Timneh unlatches, and removes the underarm holster of his Wilk’s Derringer with his left hand holding it up for all to see. Then in his right hand he takes out the harpoon gun, he plans to sell off as soon as possible, and holds it where anyone could see it.

Daelur aka Zed strives to be a minimalist, therefore carrying anything that does not have a use or purpose of some sort, makes the High Magus uneasy.
When an opportunity presents itself he will ask, “I’m looking for “The Wanderer” and crew.

That is the name "The Three" gave me to use... he is like family after all... something like a cousin I'd say... lets hope he still gives honor to our homeland... who knows what life may have thrown at him away from home, and if that may have altered his paradigm.

OOC: I was trying to use one of Summer's nicknames, I do not know which is most appropriate or the history behind them. If there is another more appropriate then please insert that one. The Lords of Magic are said to be able to know "where" a High Magus is slain. Extrapolating I am using this to say that they may keep loose/close tabs on those that have left Dweomer, but were/are of the brotherhoods. Thus my having Zed find a Battle Magus and begin his sabbatical behind one that is already doing/done it. :)
Zed
 

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby CPR Krueger » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:57 am

Zed wrote:While walking the final 500’ distance to the gates, the Timneh unlatches, and removes the underarm holster of his Wilk’s Derringer with his left hand holding it up for all to see. Then in his right hand he takes out the harpoon gun, he plans to sell off as soon as possible, and holds it where anyone could see it.

Daelur aka Zed strives to be a minimalist, therefore carrying anything that does not have a use or purpose of some sort, makes the High Magus uneasy.
When an opportunity presents itself he will ask, “I’m looking for “The Wanderer” and crew.


Three guards approach Zed cautiously but in a disciplined manner, their weapons held but not pointed directly at him. It's obvious they've done this a jillion times, and Zed is just another stranger to approach the gates of MercTown. They quickly order him to pull back his hood so they can get a better look at him. When he does so, the guards don't flinch at all - Zed can tell they're used to seeing all manner of non-humans coming in or out of MercTown.

After the standard scans and walkarounds, and the customary warnings (long arms must be checked in, weapons chips in vehicles/power armor and the like must be checked in, the use of magic or psionics to violate others' rights will be dealt with harshly, etc.) one of the guards tells Zed, "State your business."

Zed's reply that he's looking for "The Wanderer" produces a few glances between the guards, all of them shrugging their shoulders.

"Well, my friend, we've got lots of wanderers around MercTown, but I can't say any of us have ever heard of THE Wanderer. Here's a map of MercTown... maybe hit up Fixer Jones at the MercTown Cafe? He's supposed to know a lot about who's who around here... good luck and enjoy your stay in MercTown."

With that, the guards hand Zed a map of MercTown and wave him through the gates, retaining any long arms or the aforementioned concerns, which they will provide receipts for.

OOC Comments
Unfortunately, this will include your speargun. If you want to sell/trade it to someone, I'm sure something can be arranged at that time, but MercTown prohibits long guns in the possession of people walking around the town.
User avatar
CPR Krueger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Zed » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:46 am

Perception: 24% | 1d100:
33

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
11
/ 1d100:
44


Gotta love this MercTown hospitality... truly. Zed thinks, while looking around, with a smile growing so large upon his face it nearly over laps his eyes. He absentmindedly pulls his hood over his head, and heads out to find Fixer Jones. I'll meet up with you all soon. So much to do...

Now where is this MercTown Cafe? Taking out the map and getting it oriented in the right direction.

"So we are here right?" Glancing back at the guards, the Timneh points at the map and speaks rhetorically. Hopefully this Fixer Jones is a good lead.

"Thank you, I'm off." He says to no one in particular.
Zed
 

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Armstrong » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:21 pm

Zed wrote:"Thank you, I'm off." He says to no one in particular.


Just as Zed leaves the gate and enters Merctown proper, a small bird comes fluttering down and lands on his shoulder. Whilst it resembles a small annoying bird and possibly a few relatives, Zed has seen plenty of these in use in Dweomer and is able to tell the difference between this mystical construct and a normal bird.

"You are late. The City of Dweomer requires your aid. Report for duty at the Mercenary Plaza. The Roughnecks will require your assistance in the field. SHAZBAT."

With that, the pigeon looks at you, then fades away, leaving wondering what was going on.

http://explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewto ... 170&t=6431

OOC Comments
SHAZBAT is a codeword given to you in case Dweomer needs you for a mission.
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Alexandra » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:03 pm

1d100:
4
% (24% base)
JIC: 1d20:
6

JIC: 1d100:
62


Alexandra slows her Enforcer's approach as she nears the gates. Hearing the words spoken over the loudspeaker, thinking to herself "Ok just gotta figure out who to talk to about looking for work, and moving on from there." She brings the robot to a stop just outside the gates and jumps out waiting for the guards to approach with more information and what to do from here. Getting a closer look at the walls reminds her some of home, her ears folding back slightly at the memory, before perking back up.
Alexandra
 

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Augur » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:36 am

One of the guards at the gate waves Alexandra in her robot combat vehicle forward and to a stop. He then waves a trio of other Defenders over who approach the UAR-1 Enforcer. He calls out with a bullhorn, "Ma'am, please follow these men with your 'bot to a nearby secure storage locker. Once there, secure your 'bot. It will be kept secure until your departure from the city. You will be given a chit for its recovery. Don't lose it. It will expedite retrieval of your 'bot when you're ready to leave the city. Once you've secured your 'bot, you'll be returned here and we'll get you cleared for entry ASAP." True to his word, Alexander finds herself on foot and back in front of him within a few minutes with an electronic chit in one of her pockets. Her UAR-1 secured in a structure akin to a hangar which adjoins the city's impressive walls. After some routine questions about her reason for coming to Merctown and personal abilities, she's good to go. "Welcome to Merctown, ma'am. Enjoy your visit."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5821
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Alexandra » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:42 pm

Augur wrote:One of the guards at the gate waves Alexandra in her robot combat vehicle forward and to a stop. He then waves a trio of other Defenders over who approach the UAR-1 Enforcer. He calls out with a bullhorn, "Ma'am, please follow these men with your 'bot to a nearby secure storage locker. Once there, secure your 'bot. It will be kept secure until your departure from the city. You will be given a chit for its recovery. Don't lose it. It will expedite retrieval of your 'bot when you're ready to leave the city. Once you've secured your 'bot, you'll be returned here and we'll get you cleared for entry ASAP." True to his word, Alexander finds herself on foot and back in front of him within a few minutes with an electronic chit in one of her pockets. Her UAR-1 secured in a structure akin to a hangar which adjoins the city's impressive walls. After some routine questions about her reason for coming to Merctown and personal abilities, she's good to go. "Welcome to Merctown, ma'am. Enjoy your visit."


Alexandra follows the other robot vehicles to the hanger and stores the enforcer, taking the chit for it making sure that she places it securely in her front jean pocket, and slowly makes her way back to the front gates. After going back and answering the questions at the front gate, makes a polite bow to the guards thanking them for allowing her entry into the city. She looks up at the walls as she enter the city comparing it to the ones she remembers in Lazlo, the thought of her adoptive home gives her a small warmth in her throat. As she enters the city she stops one of the near by directories and looks around for JOB MARKET CAFE (30) after figuring out which direction it is in correlation to herself and the post starts making her way there.
Alexandra
 

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Megan Price » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:11 am

Perception: 1d100:
48
/63% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100:
54
/1d20:
13

Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack, Radio Ear
Current Effects, Other: Amplified Hearing

Merchant of Death wrote:Image

As you approach the massive, fortified, outer walls of MercTown a voice booms at you once you are within five hundred feet or so.

Loudspeaker wrote:ATTENTION! YOU ARE BEING SCANNED BY EVERY PSYCHIC, MAGIC, AND TECHNOLOGICAL MEANS KNOWN. SUBMIT TO THE DEFENDERS AT THE GATES ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED. SURRENDER ALL LONG-ARMS, POWER ARMOR, AND ROBOT COMBAT VEHICLES. REMOVE AND SURRENDER ALL WEAPONS CONTROL CHIPS IN YOUR VEHICLES. ANY RESISTANCE, ATTACK, OR FAILURE TO OBEY THE DEFENDERS WILL BE MET WITH DEADLY FORCE.


Flying along at 20' above the trees of the forests that surround MercTown, Megan Price's Bandito Wild Weasel constantly moved side to side. There was nothing wrong with the power armor's flight, because this was just it's normal flight pattern. So, Fixer's contacts had been able to confirm that mom and dad were still alive and working on a CS prison farm after all. I need to figure out where and how to get them out of there. Megan thought to herself as she flew, scanning the Wild Weasels highly advanced sensors.

She continued to fly south until she was about 20 miles north of MercTown then keyed her radio on the MercTown Air Traffic Control channel. "MercTown Tower, this is Wild Weasel, designation Jammer. I am requesting a flight path to the city gates, over." Once MercTown Air Traffic Controllers respond to her, she will fly the designated route to the gates, setting down at the usual landing pad for flying power armor. "Yeah, yeah. Not like I haven't heard the spiel about a dozen times before, Tony. I'm sorry, Agent DiNozzo."

MercTown had almost become a second home to Megan, following the arrests of her parents by the Coalition when a job they were doing brought them on the wrong side of the Coalition. They were the lucky ones. Most of their group had been killed, while they and one other had only been arrested. That was when her uncle came and got her and her brother to come live with him in MercTown. A couple of years later, her brother was kidnapped. That was when Megan decided to take her life into her own control, and learned about being a Headhunter for the next year and a half. Then her uncle sent her on an errand out of the apartment they lived in, and when she got back he was gone. The next morning all of MercTown was abuzz about how a prominent citizen, her uncle's employer, and all of their body guards had vanished. That was six months ago. Since then, one of her uncle's old contacts, a man by the name of Fixer Jones, had nudged her in the direction of finding information on her family. With his help, she had been able to confirm that her brother and uncle were still alive, and most recently that her parents were still alive.

So it is needless to say that MercTown holds a lot of emotions for her, almost all of them negative, but she has been trying to force herself to smile and joke once in a while because she felt sure that if she didn't, she was going go insane and be no good to her family. Just because she was relaxing and having fun didn't mean that she has forgotten about them or given up on finding them, because there is nothing else she can do at that moment. And she has made some progress in finding them.

With a relaxed familiarity, Megan removed her power armor suit and took the equipment storage receipt they handed her while she mentally commanded her concealed particle beam weapon to pop up out of her arm so that the MercTown Defenders at the gate could disable the firing chip while she was in town. "Anything exciting happen while I was away, guys?" Megan asked to make small talk while she waited for the proper paperwork and procedures to be finished.
Megan Price
Other Info
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby The Bos » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:42 pm

Megan Price wrote:With a relaxed familiarity, Megan removed her power armor suit and took the equipment storage receipt they handed her while she mentally commanded her concealed particle beam weapon to pop up out of her arm so that the MercTown Defenders at the gate could disable the firing chip while she was in town. "Anything exciting happen while I was away, guys?" Megan asked to make small talk while she waited for the proper paperwork and procedures to be finished.


The guard snorts. "You mean you didn't hear? Abby and McGee finally tied the knot. Yoweri marked everything at Bone and Marrow down to half off the whole day to celebrate. And from what I've heard, he marked everything down... even the 'stuff' in the back." He grimaces as he continues to process the paperwork. "Well, that and there seems to be a new merc group on the scene. Get this -- aside from one 'Handsome Jack' type it's all women. Word is they threw Fixer a major solid and he's been sending some new folks their way. Judging by what Daisy told me this morning it sounds like they could use some air support. Might be worth your time to check 'em out." He shrugs. "Anyway, you're clear. Welcome back Jammer."
User avatar
The Bos
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 12:07 pm
Location: Rifts: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Megan Price » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:37 pm

The Bos wrote:
Megan Price wrote:With a relaxed familiarity, Megan removed her power armor suit and took the equipment storage receipt they handed her while she mentally commanded her concealed particle beam weapon to pop up out of her arm so that the MercTown Defenders at the gate could disable the firing chip while she was in town. "Anything exciting happen while I was away, guys?" Megan asked to make small talk while she waited for the proper paperwork and procedures to be finished.


The guard snorts. "You mean you didn't hear? Abby and McGee finally tied the knot. Yoweri marked everything at Bone and Marrow down to half off the whole day to celebrate. And from what I've heard, he marked everything down... even the 'stuff' in the back." He grimaces as he continues to process the paperwork. "Well, that and there seems to be a new merc group on the scene. Get this -- aside from one 'Handsome Jack' type it's all women. Word is they threw Fixer a major solid and he's been sending some new folks their way. Judging by what Daisy told me this morning it sounds like they could use some air support. Might be worth your time to check 'em out." He shrugs. "Anyway, you're clear. Welcome back Jammer."


"You're kidding?! Abbs and McGee? They got back together after 16 years? Last I had heard was that he was dating Delilah! What happened with that?" Megan said incredulously. Megan knew McGee as one of the MercTown Defender's top investigators. After her uncle had disappeared with his employer, McGee had asked her several questions about the incident. Of course she didn't tell him everything that she knew because she was afraid that her brother's kidnappers might decide to kill him if she did, despite the fact that she hadn't gotten a proof of life since her uncle's disappearance. But that didn't really surprise her either as the proof of life had been sent to her uncle anyway. When the guard mentions Fixer, Megan speaks up again. "I'll have to ask Fixer about them. I'm on my way to go talk to him now as a matter of fact. Thanks guys!" With that, Megan heads off for the Job Market Cafe.
Megan Price
Other Info
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor: 100/100
Image
Image
User avatar
Megan Price
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Alexandra » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:51 pm

Perception: 1d100:
100
% (24% base)
JIC: 1d20:
1

JIC: 1d100:
17


Alexandra approaches one of the guard posts and pulls out the chip, "Greetings once again gentlemen, So who do I give this to to get my robot vehicle out of storage, I'm going to be switching hangars here in a second"
Alexandra
 

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby The Bos » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:12 pm

Alexandra wrote:Alexandra approaches one of the guard posts and pulls out the chip, "Greetings once again gentlemen, So who do I give this to to get my robot vehicle out of storage, I'm going to be switching hangars here in a second"


Alexandra is directed to a service desk where she hands over her ticket card to the sergeant on duty and scans her thumbprint to verify her identity. After confirming her robot's new storage location, she's led to the bay where it stands waiting and within just a few minutes she's strolling out to the GIRLS HQ.
User avatar
The Bos
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 12:07 pm
Location: Rifts: G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Mouser » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:01 am

Perception: 92% 1d100:
24

JIC: 1d100:
79
1d20:
4


It had been an incredibly long trip to say the least, but Mouser had finally returned to Merctown. The robot was perhaps looking a little worse for wear outwardly, but was otherwise in pretty decent shape. It's nuclear power core had so far been holding out quite well despite it's limited life span thanks to heavy reliance on the solar systems it was equipped with. Of course, that had also slowed it's trip back a great deal as well. At least being somewhat familiarized with the gate rules from when it had first arrived, it would approach the guards without much concern. "Unit. Mouser. Organization Designation; Roughnecks." it stated.
Mouser's Sheet

M.D.C. by location:
• Head: 28
• Legs (4): 83
• Mini-Hand(2): 10
• Mini-Arms(2): 25
• Sensory Antenna (2): 6
• Tail: 28
• Main Body: 550

Constant Effects: Advanced Audio System with 80 Decibel Loudspeaker & Recorder, Motion Detector & Warning System, Micro Radar with Radar Detector, Molecular Analyzer & Explosives Detector, Radiation & Biometic Scanner, Environmental Protection, Gyro-Compass & Depth Gauge with Alarm, Bug Detector, Sound Analysis Computer, Wide Band Radio Receiver/Transmitter with Scrambling/Decoding

Vocal Output: Robotic/Gender Neutral
Combat Setting: Lethal response Authorized


Soundtrack:
Dead Can Dance -The End of Words
Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (Justice Mix)
AWOLNATION - Kill your Heroes
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
User avatar
Mouser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: Roughnecks

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Armstrong » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:44 am

Mouser arrives to see the familiar sight of the gates of Merctown, complete with a backed up queue of vehicles. Being on foot, Mouser finds himself being dealt with quicker as random searches are carried out. A pair of Defenders approach Mouser, one staying further back, rifle in a readied position, but not visibly threatening

The taller one steps forward and calls out"Next!" As Mouser steps forward, the tall guard visibly looks Mouser over from head to tail.

Mouser wrote:"Unit. Mouser. Organization Designation; Roughnecks." it stated.


His eyes narrow behind the visor of his helmet as he looks at his pad and enters the details

"Roughnecks seem to be popular this week. he whispers quietly to himself, but to Mouser's advanced audio system, he might as well have been shouting it from the rooftops.

"Okay, you've been here before, so you know the rules; no power armor or robot combat vehicles, No long arms or explosives. Our records show we will have to deactivate two weapon systems on your back and shoulders. Anything new to declare from last time?" he asks, though he sounds like he knows the answer already.

"Do you need a fresh copy of the map?"
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Mouser » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:23 am

Perception: 92% 1d100:
50

JIC: 1d100:
16
1d20:
9


Armstrong wrote:"Okay, you've been here before, so you know the rules; no power armor or robot combat vehicles, No long arms or explosives. Our records show we will have to deactivate two weapon systems on your back and shoulders. Anything new to declare from last time?" he asks, though he sounds like he knows the answer already.


"Negative. This unit desires to purchase additional weaponry upgrades in the market." was Mouser's rather simplistic response. Which was true, proving he didn't have to always lie about everything, even though for some reason he tended to prefer being rather evasive about such matters.

Armstrong wrote:"Do you need a fresh copy of the map?"


"This unit will accept any updated copies should there be a revision." would come the second response. Beyond that, well, Mouser was fairly used to being treated... more or less like a Cyborg. That was probably the closest thing to explain to anyone what he was, in simplistic terms... Yes, keep it simple for the damned meatbags...
Mouser's Sheet

M.D.C. by location:
• Head: 28
• Legs (4): 83
• Mini-Hand(2): 10
• Mini-Arms(2): 25
• Sensory Antenna (2): 6
• Tail: 28
• Main Body: 550

Constant Effects: Advanced Audio System with 80 Decibel Loudspeaker & Recorder, Motion Detector & Warning System, Micro Radar with Radar Detector, Molecular Analyzer & Explosives Detector, Radiation & Biometic Scanner, Environmental Protection, Gyro-Compass & Depth Gauge with Alarm, Bug Detector, Sound Analysis Computer, Wide Band Radio Receiver/Transmitter with Scrambling/Decoding

Vocal Output: Robotic/Gender Neutral
Combat Setting: Lethal response Authorized


Soundtrack:
Dead Can Dance -The End of Words
Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (Justice Mix)
AWOLNATION - Kill your Heroes
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
User avatar
Mouser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: Roughnecks

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Armstrong » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:02 pm

The guard signals for your weapon systems to be deactivated and feeds the most up to date map data into your system.

"In you go, stay out of trouble." He waves you through, keeping an eye on you for a few metres before turning his attention to the next in the queue.

"NEXT!" you hear him bellow.

As Mouser walks through the gate, two individuals are stood just inside, who are dressed in almost complete opposites, but both appear to be looking at Mouser.

The shorter of the two is wearing a rich expensive robe, colourful almost to the point of gaudy, with a mixture of elaborate patterns. As you look closer at them, they appear to shift slightly. Whether it is the effect of magic, some optical illusion or maybe a trick of the light, you are not sure. Their hood is pulled up and their head turned away from you slightly, so you cannot see what they look like. The robe encompasses the person almost entirely, so you are unsure what gender or species they are.

The other, a bald, dark-skinned man with a long, heavy beard, and tree-trunk like chest with limbs to match who is wearing a simple brown tunic and sandals. He smiles at Zed and his teeth are like a military cemetery. There is mirth and sadness both in his big, slightly yellow-tinged eyes, and he throws his head back in laughter.

"That must surely be Mouser!" he guffaws loudly, "those must be some huge rats to require such a specimen to hunt them."

The robed figure shakes its head at this as the bald man continues, fixing his gaze on Mouser.

"I presume that you are looking for the Roughnecks," he asks the robot.
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Mouser » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:32 pm

Perception: 92% 1d100:
85

JIC: 1d100:
49
1d20:
11


Mouser was moderately cautious when it was being observed like that. It knew that occasionally people, especially those freaky technophiles would bother the piss out of it. Additionally, it knew that there were decent odds -someone- would try to capture it to try and reverse engineer some of it's tech or just maybe try to pull it to pieces for parts or try to forcibly reprogram it, though none of that had happened to date just yet. That said, someone had wiped out the company that built it, thus paranoia was to be expected, because... really, was it paranoia if someone actually would be after you if they knew you were still operational? The statement it received about looking for the Roughnecks didn't entirely help matters. "This unit is seeking unit Wakiza, designation, owner." It would respond "Unit association; Roughnecks." Mouser was deciding to 'play dumb' for now, given that it had no idea who these two were, nor what they were capable of, much less what they actually wanted at the moment. The 'ownership' was, well.. more technical than anything. It's files insisted that there be a living 'owner' but beyond that the robot had become more or less fully self aware and self driven.

Mouser would come to a stop at a relatively safe distance from the pair, and then sit a bit like the cat it roughly resembled. Mouser debated for a moment clarifying that the 'rats' it was designed to hunt were people, and not animals, but ultimately decided against such a move. It didn't ultimately matter -what- Mouser was designed for specifically, combat was obvious and included... well.. anything alive or not so long as it was deemed either a threat or of interest.
Mouser's Sheet

M.D.C. by location:
• Head: 28
• Legs (4): 83
• Mini-Hand(2): 10
• Mini-Arms(2): 25
• Sensory Antenna (2): 6
• Tail: 28
• Main Body: 550

Constant Effects: Advanced Audio System with 80 Decibel Loudspeaker & Recorder, Motion Detector & Warning System, Micro Radar with Radar Detector, Molecular Analyzer & Explosives Detector, Radiation & Biometic Scanner, Environmental Protection, Gyro-Compass & Depth Gauge with Alarm, Bug Detector, Sound Analysis Computer, Wide Band Radio Receiver/Transmitter with Scrambling/Decoding

Vocal Output: Robotic/Gender Neutral
Combat Setting: Lethal response Authorized


Soundtrack:
Dead Can Dance -The End of Words
Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (Justice Mix)
AWOLNATION - Kill your Heroes
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
User avatar
Mouser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: Roughnecks

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Armstrong » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:52 pm

Mouser wrote: "This unit is seeking unit Wakiza, designation, owner." It would respond "Unit association; Roughnecks."


The broad chested man reaches into a pocket and holds up a small vid chip

"Your owner Wakiza," he looks a little perturbed at using the word, as if the idea of owning someone did not agree with him, "is currently on a very important mission alongside other mercenary group which may mean the difference between life and death for a lot of people. He reaches out to Mouser with the chip

The basic details can be found on here."

OOC Comments
if watched, the chip shows this scene at Blackman's not including the telepathic elements

viewtopic.php?f=170&t=6431&start=50#p1360693


"If you are willing, my friend here can transport you to their location to join in the fight?" he waits for your answer.


Presuming you follow, he leads you back to the gate, where your weapons are reactivated before leading you towards the leyline. They set a pace that is no for you effort to keep up, but the tall bearded man is obviously used to walking and sets a fast pace as if a man on a mission.

"Your new colleagues in the Roughnecks along with several other groups are engaged in a mission to save potentially the entire planet and certainly the city that you live from a dangerous entity known as Nxyl," he explains as you get close by.

Nearby, the robed individual gestures emphatically as suddenly you feel the onrush of magic and a portal appears. He steps to one side
"Best be quick, doubt the Defenders would be happy if we let any through."
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Mouser » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:42 pm

Perception: 92% 1d100:
24

JIC: 1d100:
81
1d20:
12


Mouser was somewhat skeptical of both the offered chip and the other information, but none the less eventually checked up on it, pausing first to ensure that the slot the chip was plugged into was fairly isolated to protect itself from computer viruses or the like. After reviewing the information it just sat there a moment as it processed the potentials for follow up courses of action. "Understood. This unit will comply." it eventually replied, though it would then hesitate again when the method of transportation turned out to be a rift. Mouser didn't really like rifts. They didn't make -sense-. Mouser distrusted anything that didn't seem to follow mathematical norms or otherwise be able to be explained from a scientific standpoint and a Rift was certainly one of those things. The best Mouser could think of, was it being like some sort of 'wormhole' or the like. Even so, it was again hesitant. Still, eventually it would begrudgingly go along. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be a grave miscalculation....
Mouser's Sheet

M.D.C. by location:
• Head: 28
• Legs (4): 83
• Mini-Hand(2): 10
• Mini-Arms(2): 25
• Sensory Antenna (2): 6
• Tail: 28
• Main Body: 550

Constant Effects: Advanced Audio System with 80 Decibel Loudspeaker & Recorder, Motion Detector & Warning System, Micro Radar with Radar Detector, Molecular Analyzer & Explosives Detector, Radiation & Biometic Scanner, Environmental Protection, Gyro-Compass & Depth Gauge with Alarm, Bug Detector, Sound Analysis Computer, Wide Band Radio Receiver/Transmitter with Scrambling/Decoding

Vocal Output: Robotic/Gender Neutral
Combat Setting: Lethal response Authorized


Soundtrack:
Dead Can Dance -The End of Words
Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (Justice Mix)
AWOLNATION - Kill your Heroes
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
User avatar
Mouser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: Roughnecks

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Seamus Finch » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:46 pm

Perception 28%= 1d100:
63

JIC: 1d20:
11
| 1d100:
32


Seamus squints as he crests the last ridge. He is wearing a worn set of Bandito armor underneath a ripped Hawaiian shirt. Only the armors face mask and a rather expensive pair of sunglasses protect the mans face from the intense winds as he flies just under the cloud line. There it is. Well It’s now or never. Let’s see what happens. The Juicer cuts the power on his Icarus flight system and decelerates to a more friendly speed. ”MercTown, MercTown, this is Nightengale. Do you read? I am approaching from your west and would very much like to not be shot at. I come in peace. Do you copy? No fighty.” Seamus frowns, praying to hear a voice in the static in his ear, but ready to dart away at the first sign of Missile trails.

”Go to MercTown they said. You will get hired in an instant they said.” Seamus mutters to himself as he continues to lower his altitude and speed, putting himself in prime position for any anti-aircraft currently watching the skies. ”Never once thought about how you were going to get in... let’s just buzz their air tower. How else are you to make a good impression?” Seamus takes a moment from beating himself and opens his radio once again. ”MercTown, MercTown, This is Nightengale. Currently floating in your crosshairs. Please do not kill me. Do you copy?”

Radio:Basic: (65%)= 1d100:
6

Piloting: Flight System Combat (Juicer): (75%)= 1d100:
2
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Armstrong » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:40 pm

Seamus Finch wrote:”MercTown, MercTown, this is Nightengale. Do you read? I am approaching from your west and would very much like to not be shot at. I come in peace. Do you copy? No fighty.”


Seamus' radio squawks to life

Attention Nightengale, we have you on approach," a calm friendly voice speaks over the radio.

Seamus Finch wrote:”MercTown, MercTown, This is Nightengale. Currently floating in your crosshairs. Please do not kill me. Do you copy?”


"Divert to the main gates, bearing 328 degrees from your current vector. Do not deviate from your assigned vector or the city defenses will open fire.Welcome to Merctown, we hope you enjoy your visit." the voice on the radio continued in its calm, friendly and now slightly eerie tone of voice.

Just before the main gate, there is a small landing pad obviously designed for small VTOL capable craft. AS you come into land, there are two guards waiting there; the shorter, slender one steps forward, whilst the much larger one, built like the side of the city wall stands back, holding a man portable rocket launcher.

"Please dismount from your vehicle," he speaks in a slightly bored tone, "no longarms or powered armour are allowed within the city limits. These can be stored here and you will be issued with a claim ticket for both. Please fill in this form before entry to the best of your ability. If you do not know how to read, press the button in the right corner and the device will read each question for you and accept vocal input for the answers." " He hands over an electronic form to Seamus. As he does so, Seamus can see behind the visor that the guard has red skin.
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Seamus Finch » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:34 pm

[Rolls held over]
”Roger that MercTown.” Seamus lines up a landing trajectory and smoothly brings his flight system down to the landing pad. They didn’t sound too hostile. Maybe this was a good idea. at about 15 feet above the ground, Seamus detaches from the Icarus and free falls to a smooth landing. With a smooth motion, Seamus disengages the E-Clips in his rifle and offers it to the larger guard. “You sure are a big one, eh?” Seamus says somewhat nervously, a weak smile the only thing hiding his uneasiness. The Icarus comes to a landing and powers down at a press of a button on Seamus’ wrist.

Seamus spends a moment longer than appropriate deciding if he should press the voice-assist button. In the end he takes the form and grins sheepishly at the guard. ”I don’t have any of my medical records on hand unfortunately.” He looks the form over and begins to fill it out. As he works on the form. His eye continues to dart to the red skinned guard. Positive the guard had seen him looking, Seamus does the only thing he knows how the do when nervous and talks. ”Dont happen to be hiring any pilots by chance? I have my own wings.” Idiot.
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Armstrong » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:16 pm

Seamus Finch wrote:”Dont happen to be hiring any pilots by chance? I have my own wings.”


The guard peruses your form and if he notices you looking at him, he does not say anything.

"If you have some good references, the Defenders might be interested," he responds, as he pulls out a couple of tickets and hands them to you.

"but if you need to gain some references, for your type of work, head to the Job Market Cafe. There is usually somebody or something hiring. Don't lose your tickets or you will not be able to reclaim your items." He then hands you a map

"This should help you get around. Have a good day sir." he then ushers you along through the gate.
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Seamus Finch » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:46 pm

[Rolls held]
”Unfortunately I think I left my resume in my other pair of pants... The Job market seems like the best bet.” Seamus says with a shrug, pocketing the two tickets. ”Don’t have too much fun out here.” The Juicer offers the two guards a wave and a grin as he starts to make his way into MercTown, looking at the map for reference. Now who is getting into just enough trouble that they might need some aerial support? Let’s see if my luck continues to hold true. But first... Seamus’s stomach growls. [b]”I wonder if this cafe actually serves food.” He says to no one in particular as he finds the right street to lead him to his destination.


[heading to the Hub:Job Market Cafe]
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Grimloq » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:56 am

Perception vs 31%:1d100:
81

JIC: 1d100:
96
| 1d20:
2


A steady thumping echoes across the broken dirt.

“ArrrrHuoooo.” The sound is slightly annoyed, bearing similar qualities to both a dog, wildebeast and brass instrument.

“No.” The voice is deep and gruff. It drips boredom.

”Hroooowu.” The whines pleading is unmistakable.

”No, stop asking.” A match strikes against something rough. ”My last one. Oh well. At least I have the time to enjoy it.” Grimloq takes a deep breath of the tobacco and lets it crawl out of his sinuses to pool under the brim of his hat before it wafts away.

”ArrrrrrHawww.” Thumpers pace begins to slow. Her voice has lost its begging tone and has taken on something a little more trepidatious.

”What? I told you we are not goin-“ Grimloq is cut off by the scream of loudspeakers.

Loudspeaker wrote:ATTENTION! YOU ARE BEING SCANNED BY EVERY PSYCHIC, MAGIC, AND TECHNOLOGICAL MEANS KNOWN. SUBMIT TO THE DEFENDERS AT THE GATES ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED. SURRENDER ALL LONG-ARMS, POWER ARMOR, AND ROBOT COMBAT VEHICLES. REMOVE AND SURRENDER ALL WEAPONS CONTROL CHIPS IN YOUR VEHICLES. ANY RESISTANCE, ATTACK, OR FAILURE TO OBEY THE DEFENDERS WILL BE MET WITH DEADLY FORCE.


Grimloq finally opens his eyes with a start, finding himself slowly approaching a pair of gigantic gates. ”Well look at that.” Thumper snorts derisively. ” Well I haven’t been watching it. I have been resting my eyes.” The sounds of contempt from Thumpers throat are mixed with sarcasm.

Grimloq rides Thumper to the line of others awaiting entry. As he waits, he will continue to make small banter with the Dinostang, ignoring everyone else. Once close to the front of the line, Grimloq will draw his Plasma Ejector and have it ready to hand over to the guards while shifting the cigar to the corner of his mouth.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:130/130

Maverick Riding Armor
Hat: 10/10
L. Arm: 12/12 | R. Arm: 12/12
Body: 36/36
L. Leg: 16/16 | R. Leg: 16/16

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Aegis of No Retreat » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:11 pm

Grimloq and Thumper exchange animated discussions regarding the merits of spurred versus non-spurred cowboy boots while riding as they wait their turn. At the end, Grimloq is fairly certain he won the argument.

The MercTown Defender waves him up to the checkpoint. Holding up a tablet, the Defender lists off a surprisingly accurate inventory of Grimloq's weapons before exchanging chits for both his plasma ejector and sawed-off shotgun.

"First time in New Paducah?" the Defender asks, seemingly knowing the answer, "If you are looking for work, fresh mercs tend to find good leads at The Job Market Cafe in the Hub. Ask for Cliff and give him reference code 0498." A map of the city is produced from a nearby stand. "Basic rules are on the backside. We are currently at the East Gate, here." the Defender finishes, circling the gate with red marker. With the check-in completed, he waves Grimloq inside and flags the next person in line.

GM Note: While in MercTown, if you move from one thread to another, please be kind and leave a url-link to the next location you are going to at the bottom of your post.

Example
((Heading to The Job Market Cafe))

Code: Select all
((Heading to [url=http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?p=1371541#p1371541]The Job Market Cafe[/url]))
ImageImage
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Grimloq » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:03 pm

Perception vs 31%= 1d100:
48

JIC:1d100:
46
|1d20:
1


Grimloq’s expression changes little as the Defender gives his introductory speech. An initial paranoia crosses Grimloq when the Defender points the Grackle on his way, but it soon subsides as the Highwayman reminds himself where he is. The man is just wanting a referral bonus. No one is looking for you here. Relax.

Leaning down to take the proffered paperwork, Grimloq takes a large inhale of his cigar. ”Clip huh? Code 1499? Got it. He grins at the defender, cigar smoke falling out of his jaws. Picking up on the tone of Grimloq’s voice Thumper hoots, followed quickly with what might be interpreted as a snigger.

”Thanks for the map. I’m sure it will come in handy.” The Grackle Tooth leads his mount through the gates into MercTown, a lazy hand holds up the map to salute the Defenders.
(Heading to The Job Market Cafe)
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:130/130

Maverick Riding Armor
Hat: 10/10
L. Arm: 12/12 | R. Arm: 12/12
Body: 36/36
L. Leg: 16/16 | R. Leg: 16/16

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Mouser » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:02 am

Perception: 92% 1d100:
97

JIC: 1d100:
15
1d20:
15


Having found itself unable to proceed to find the group he'd been seeking to, Mouser returned through the rift that had been opened to connect him with the others and waited his turn to pass through the gates. With not much of another lead going his way, the robot made it's way through the checkpoint once it's turn came and then started looking for the shifter that had opened the rift.
Mouser's Sheet

M.D.C. by location:
• Head: 28
• Legs (4): 83
• Mini-Hand(2): 10
• Mini-Arms(2): 25
• Sensory Antenna (2): 6
• Tail: 28
• Main Body: 550

Constant Effects: Advanced Audio System with 80 Decibel Loudspeaker & Recorder, Motion Detector & Warning System, Micro Radar with Radar Detector, Molecular Analyzer & Explosives Detector, Radiation & Biometic Scanner, Environmental Protection, Gyro-Compass & Depth Gauge with Alarm, Bug Detector, Sound Analysis Computer, Wide Band Radio Receiver/Transmitter with Scrambling/Decoding

Vocal Output: Robotic/Gender Neutral
Combat Setting: Lethal response Authorized


Soundtrack:
Dead Can Dance -The End of Words
Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (Justice Mix)
AWOLNATION - Kill your Heroes
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
User avatar
Mouser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: Roughnecks

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Armstrong » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:40 pm

Mouser arrives back at Merctown and as he enters through the gate, he spies the shifter he is looking forward waiting on the other side. Still wearing the colourful robe that might be magical or merely designed as an optical illusion, he or she motions Mouser over, motioning with their sleeve.

"Before he left, my friend said you would be back and would miss being rifted back into danger," the shifter speaks with a slightly high pitched voice, "now I can try to find them, but considering that I do not exactly know where it is, this is more likely to go horribly wrong." This is left to sink in for a moment before they continue.

"As you are now at a loose end, I have some work to offer you from the Guild while we wait for your friends to succeed. If they don't, there may be some work for you as a bodyguard afterwards. Interested?"
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Mouser » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:54 pm

Perception: 92% 1d100:
82

JIC: 1d100:
54
1d20:
16


"This unit encountered significant demonic presence and no sign of friendlies. This unit was not equipped to deal with the threat the demonic units presented to this unit." Mouser replies to the shifter "This unit could utilize work to pay for upgrades." it admitted before looking around the area "This unit is very low on credits. Credits are a preferable payment method at this time to trade goods." Of course I should probably try to find out where all my silver went to. If I sell most of that I would have at least some money for repairs in case they're needed.... the AI was however, very reluctant to make any mention to it to someone it didn't know at all.
Mouser's Sheet

M.D.C. by location:
• Head: 28
• Legs (4): 83
• Mini-Hand(2): 10
• Mini-Arms(2): 25
• Sensory Antenna (2): 6
• Tail: 28
• Main Body: 550

Constant Effects: Advanced Audio System with 80 Decibel Loudspeaker & Recorder, Motion Detector & Warning System, Micro Radar with Radar Detector, Molecular Analyzer & Explosives Detector, Radiation & Biometic Scanner, Environmental Protection, Gyro-Compass & Depth Gauge with Alarm, Bug Detector, Sound Analysis Computer, Wide Band Radio Receiver/Transmitter with Scrambling/Decoding

Vocal Output: Robotic/Gender Neutral
Combat Setting: Lethal response Authorized


Soundtrack:
Dead Can Dance -The End of Words
Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (Justice Mix)
AWOLNATION - Kill your Heroes
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
User avatar
Mouser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: Roughnecks

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Armstrong » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:49 pm

The Shifter nods, their hood bobbing up and down as Mouser agrees to the offer of a job.

"Excellent," the Shifter says, "if you need to carry out any personal matters first, see to those first, then meet me at the Collegiate Arcane & Magic Guild and ask for Brogan."

If Mouser has other matters first, Brogan walks away towards the Mystic Quarter.
Roughnecks AGM
User avatar
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Mouser » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:41 pm

Perception: 92% 1d100:
5

JIC: 1d100:
21
1d20:
2


The robot lets out a singular light 'beep' sound before responding "This unit will travel with you now." With only very minimal damage to it's chassis the robot had few reasons not to. Mouser had wanted to offload some of the silver it had earned and get some upgrades among a few other things, but it didn't trust anyone to work on it unsupervised. With Wakiza, the only person that had so far treated it as more than just a tool or the like, or at least the first person it had met to do so, it didn't really trust anyone else at the moment. After all, with all the advanced tech crammed into it's chassis, Mouser had learned that it was just a matter of fact that some less scrupulous types would love nothing more than to rip him apart to try and reverse engineer. Or simply chop him up and sell him for parts! Hopefully Waikiza returns soon, otherwise I'll have to try to find someone else I can trust....

And so, Mouser just goes to follow the shifter.
Mouser's Sheet

M.D.C. by location:
• Head: 28
• Legs (4): 83
• Mini-Hand(2): 10
• Mini-Arms(2): 25
• Sensory Antenna (2): 6
• Tail: 28
• Main Body: 550

Constant Effects: Advanced Audio System with 80 Decibel Loudspeaker & Recorder, Motion Detector & Warning System, Micro Radar with Radar Detector, Molecular Analyzer & Explosives Detector, Radiation & Biometic Scanner, Environmental Protection, Gyro-Compass & Depth Gauge with Alarm, Bug Detector, Sound Analysis Computer, Wide Band Radio Receiver/Transmitter with Scrambling/Decoding

Vocal Output: Robotic/Gender Neutral
Combat Setting: Lethal response Authorized


Soundtrack:
Dead Can Dance -The End of Words
Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (Justice Mix)
AWOLNATION - Kill your Heroes
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
User avatar
Mouser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: Roughnecks

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Twonjym » Wed May 06, 2020 10:05 pm

Percep: 65%=1d100:
37

JIC: 1d100:
59
1d20:
10


Twonjym is large enough that it almost looks like he's sitting in the back seat of the obviously knockoff command car, as he pulls up to the City Gates. Stopping the vehicle, he straightens up and looks over the windscreen of the topless car as he rubs a hand over his bald head. "Looks like a good place to give it a go." He mutters to himself as he climbs out of the car.

Once on his feet, Twonjym turns back to the car and reaches in, plucking out his NG-P7 rifle by the muzzle with between a thumb and finger. Holding it like he's handling a dirty tissue, he places it on the hood of the car and takes a few steps back. His hand casually brushes over the spot on his vest where his tin start used to be as he grins and contemplates what he should do with his hands to look non-threatening.

No coming up with an answer he says, "Howdy! Just commin by to resupply and maybe find some work. Let me know if you need me to do anything else. I ain't lookin for any trouble."
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Sum of All Fears » Thu May 07, 2020 8:38 am

Time: 0645
Date: 4 June 111 PA

Twonjym is approached by an average sized human in Defender Armor, 'Harding' is the displayed name tape. He is dull and monotone. Likely nearing the end of his shift. He hands Twonjym a digital form in a multitude of languages. "Please fill this out completely. Honesty is best. There is a picture setting in case you can't read." Harding's tone continues to be monotone. Like what you would find on an infomercial. He then hands Twonjym a small chit. "Here is the chit for your rifle. No long arms, or heavy weapons are authorized in the city. You can pick up you rifle when ever you leave the city. Don't lose the chit or you will not be able to recover your rifle."

When Twonjym completes the form the guard looks it over. There is a slight buzzing from his helmet. "Ok you're good to go. Here is a map of the city. I would recommend the Job Market Cafe if you are looking for work. Move along." Harding waves Twonjym through through the gate.
M.A.R.S. GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC)
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Hazel Meade » Thu May 07, 2020 9:38 am

Perception: 1d100:
48
% (35% base, +15% on rolls involving electronics, machines, or their combination)
JIC: 1d20:
17

JIC: 1d100:
72


As Hazel pulls her vehicle up to the line of others waiting at the gates, she pulls her helmet on. "So many people...ok, just like any other city. Relax.", she tries to calm herself down before stepping down out of her Wolftrack. She silently waits for one of the guards to approach her.


{Notes}
Language: Euro
User avatar
Hazel Meade
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:53 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Sum of All Fears » Thu May 07, 2020 11:25 am

Time: 0645
Date: 4 June 111 PA

As Hazel approaches the city she falls in behind a smaller scout car driven by a lizard man. She can see the interaction between the two and watches as the Lizard man hands over his long arm before being cleared to enter the city. Standard procedure in most cities. Once the guard has cleared the lizard man he waves Hazel forward.

Hazel Meade wrote:As Hazel pulls her vehicle up to the line of others waiting at the gates, she pulls her helmet on. "So many people...ok, just like any other city. Relax.", she tries to calm herself down before stepping down out of her Wolftrack. She silently waits for one of the guards to approach her.
{Notes}
Language: Euro


As she approches she note the guard, who's name tape reads Harding, place his hand to the side of his helmet. As if he is trying to better hear something. He speaks in Euro with a dry monotone, "Welcome to MercTown. Please fill this out. Please include any abilities, powers, magic, psionics, or modifications. As a reminder there are no long arms or heavy weapons allowed in the city. There is a visual option if you are unable to read." The form is in a multitude of languages with an option for pictures for the illiterate. Harding impatiently looks at his watch as Hazel fills out the forms. "Almost done. Few more minutes. I need a drink." He says quietly, but audible, in American.

When Hazel is finished Harding looks over the form and a quiet buzzing can be heard for his helmet. "Thank you. Here is a map of the city. Move along." Harding waves for Hazel to return to her vehicle and enter the city.
M.A.R.S. GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC)
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Hazel Meade » Thu May 07, 2020 6:38 pm

Perception: 1d100:
94
% (35% base, +15% on rolls involving electronics, machines, or their combination)
JIC: 1d20:
10

JIC: 1d100:
66


Sum of All Fears wrote:Time: 0645
Date: 4 June 111 PA

As Hazel approaches the city she falls in behind a smaller scout car driven by a lizard man. She can see the interaction between the two and watches as the Lizard man hands over his long arm before being cleared to enter the city. Standard procedure in most cities. Once the guard has cleared the lizard man he waves Hazel forward.

As she approches she note the guard, who's name tape reads Harding, place his hand to the side of his helmet. As if he is trying to better hear something. He speaks in Euro with a dry monotone, "Welcome to MercTown. Please fill this out. Please include any abilities, powers, magic, psionics, or modifications. As a reminder there are no long arms or heavy weapons allowed in the city. There is a visual option if you are unable to read." The form is in a multitude of languages with an option for pictures for the illiterate. Harding impatiently looks at his watch as Hazel fills out the forms. "Almost done. Few more minutes. I need a drink." He says quietly, but audible, in American.

When Hazel is finished Harding looks over the form and a quiet buzzing can be heard for his helmet. "Thank you. Here is a map of the city. Move along." Harding waves for Hazel to return to her vehicle and enter the city.


Hearing her native tongue helps with Hazel's anxiety, but only a little bit. She quietly takes the form and fills it out truthfully in Euro before handing it back again. When he gives her the o.k. to go through the gates, Hazel quickly climbs into her vehicle and rolls through into the city. Looking over the map first, Hazel decides to head to the local Triax Industries outlet.


Going to Kraus Imported Arms (115)
User avatar
Hazel Meade
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:53 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Zzazz » Thu May 07, 2020 7:24 pm

Perception: 1d100:
57
/31%
JIC: 1d20:
7
/ 1d100:
33

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 12:
10

APM: 4

Conditions:
- PPE: 103 / 103 at end of post
- ISP: 156 / 156
Sixth Sense (always on / +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind for 1st round only)

Skills - N/A
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100:
2
/35%


Post -
Zzazz is just letting his mind wander as he rides along on Slithe, when he is brought back to the here and now with a small start as he hears the loud intercom. He sits up straight and tries to make himself more presentable. ”So why have the spirits directed us here?” He reaches over and pats the beast neck ”Yes, my brother. We can get some snacks.” Slithe makes an abrupt stop. ”What?” He gets a feeling of impatience as Slithe bucks a little. ”Okay, okay. I will walk from here.” Zzazz slides off and walks along beside the Dinostang. Affectionately rubbing the beast’s shoulder, ”I am glad the spirits brought us together. I could not have made this far without you. Thank Yuou, Brother.” He bows his head in respect.

Looking forward once again, puts Merctown in his gaze. Zzazz stops dead in his tracks, tail fidgeting nervously. ”WOW!! This is incredible. So many things walking, crawling, and even flying around. I am always amazed at how many meatsacs can fit into an area.” Shaking his head, he moves up to the line. As he approaches, he sees the grackletooth in the hover car. ”See Slithe there are intelligent beings here. After we get through these gates, we will go say hi.’ Zzazz pulls his attention back to the approaching guard.
User avatar
Zzazz
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:26 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Twonjym » Thu May 07, 2020 10:42 pm

Percep: 65%=1d100:
18

JIC: 1d100:
47
1d20:
4



Sum of All Fears wrote:Time: 0645
Date: 4 June 111 PA

Twonjym is approached by an average sized human in Defender Armor, 'Harding' is the displayed name tape. He is dull and monotone. Likely nearing the end of his shift. He hands Twonjym a digital form in a multitude of languages. "Please fill this out completely. Honesty is best. There is a picture setting in case you can't read." Harding's tone continues to be monotone. Like what you would find on an infomercial. He then hands Twonjym a small chit. "Here is the chit for your rifle. No long arms, or heavy weapons are authorized in the city. You can pick up you rifle when ever you leave the city. Don't lose the chit or you will not be able to recover your rifle."

When Twonjym completes the form the guard looks it over. There is a slight buzzing from his helmet. "Ok you're good to go. Here is a map of the city. I would recommend the Job Market Cafe if you are looking for work. Move along." Harding waves Twonjym through through the gate.



Twonjym nods along then fills out the form. Pocketing the chit for his rifle, he climbs back into his hover car. "Hope your day gets better. Thanks."

Powering up the vehicle, Twonjym hits the accelerator and drives into the city. Getting some grub sounds like a plan. County stand t find some work too. Don't think the credits I have will last me more than a few days.

Passing through the City Gates, Twonjym turns the scuffed up mat tan hover car toward the Job Market Cafe
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Sum of All Fears » Fri May 08, 2020 5:34 pm

Time: 0710
Date: 4 June 111 PA

Zzazz is waved up by an average sized human in Defender Armor, 'Harding' is the displayed name tape. He is dull and monotone. Likely nearing the end of his shift. He hands Zzazz a digital form in a multitude of languages. "Please fill this out completely, any powers, psionics, magic. Honesty is best. There is a picture setting in case you can't read." Harding's tone continues to be monotone. Like what you would find on an infomercial. He then hands Zzazz a small chit. "Here is the chit for your shotgun. No long arms, or heavy weapons are authorized in the city. You can pick up you shotgun when ever you leave the city. Don't lose the chit or you will not be able to recover your shotgun."

When Zzazz completes the form the guard looks it over. There is a slight buzzing from his helmet. "Ok you're good to go. Here is a map of the city. Move along." Harding waves Zzazz through through the gate.
M.A.R.S. GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC)
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Zzazz » Fri May 08, 2020 6:30 pm

Perception: 1d100:
33
/31%
JIC: 1d20:
2
/ 1d100:
90

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 3:
1

APM: 4

Conditions:
- PPE: 103 / 103 at end of post
- ISP: 156 / 156
Sixth Sense (always on / +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind / 1st round only)

Skills - N/A
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100:
7
/35%


Post -
Time: 0710
Date: 4 June 111 PA

When Zzazz completes the form the guard looks it over. There is a slight buzzing from his helmet. "Ok you're good to go. Here is a map of the city. Move along." Harding waves Zzazz through through the gate.

Zzazz blinks rapidly for a moment. ”This early in the day and this guy is this bored already?” Zzazz does as asked, including handing over his shotgun. As he hands it over, ”Careful please. This is important to me.” Once waved through, he moves to the side and opens his map.

Leaning with his back on the dinostang, Zzazz looks over the map. ”Well, Slithe, we made it. Where to? Breakfast? Maybe walk abit till we find somewhere to eat. I want to pick up some hand drums and maybe some extra parts for said drums as well as my fiddle.” Slithe gives a quick series of chirps, and paws the ground a couple of times. ”Okay, breakfast it is.” Zzazz checks the map for some grub. Finding the Job Market Cafe circled in red, Zzazz decides to head there.

As he walks, he checks the map for somewhere he may find parts for his instrument and pick up a new one. He stops suddenly as he finds the store to go to. As Slithe bumps into him, Zzazz happily exclaims ”Percussion, Brass, and Strings. That sounds like the place i need.” He stumbles as Slithe bumps into him. ”I get it. You want breakfast.” He continues on to The Job Bank Cafe.


Heads to Job Market Cafehttp://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?p=1373013#p1373013
User avatar
Zzazz
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:26 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Marvin Prescott » Tue May 12, 2020 12:07 pm

Perception: 1d100:
70
% (30%)
JIC: 1d20:
11

JIC: 1d100:
61


Marvin slows his hovercycle to a stop behind the other vehicles in line and pulls off his helmet, hanging it from the handlebars. He pulls a small flask from his LBV and tips half of it back in one go. Looking down to his side, he holds it out to the large, blue-black, mechanical wolf sitting next to his 'cycle, "Want some? Eh, guess not.", and he chuckles. When one of the guards presents him with entry paperwork he fills it out and turns over his pack full of explosives and the C-14 then waits to be let in.
User avatar
Marvin Prescott
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:26 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Sum of All Fears » Thu May 14, 2020 7:00 am

Time: 0730
Date: 4 June 111 PA

Marvin is waved up by an average sized human in Defender Armor, 'Harding' is the displayed name tape. He is dull and monotone. Likely nearing the end of his shift. He hands Marvin a digital form in a multitude of languages. "Please fill this out completely, any powers, psionics, magic. Honesty is best. There is a picture setting in case you can't read." Harding's tone continues to be monotone. Like what you would find on an infomercial. He then hands Marvin a small chit. "Here is the chit for your rifle. No long arms, or heavy weapons are authorized in the city. You can pick up you rifle when ever you leave the city. Don't lose the chit or you will not be able to recover your rifle."

When Marvin completes the form the guard looks it over. There is a slight buzzing from his helmet. "Ok you're good to go. Here is a map of the city. Move along." Harding waves Marvin through through the gate.
M.A.R.S. GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC)
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Marvin Prescott » Wed May 20, 2020 12:54 pm

Perception: 1d100:
4
% (30%)
JIC: 1d20:
1

JIC: 1d100:
73


Marvin nods his thanks to the guard and fires up his hovercycle, "Ok, if I recall the Job Market Cafe is the best place to get booze and some work.", he thinks as he turns the cycle in that direction.

The Job Market Cafe (30)
User avatar
Marvin Prescott
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:26 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Shen » Mon May 25, 2020 10:40 am

Perception: 1d100:
12
/59%
JIC (100): 1d100:
99

JIC (20): 1d20:
7


Shen is radiating (pychics will sense within 100', others within 12'): Calm: Peaceful and somewhat introspective. Others will intuit a genuine sense of goodwill and peaceful intentions, putting them at ease.




Merchant of Death wrote:As you approach the massive, fortified, outer walls of MercTown a voice booms at you once you are within five hundred feet or so.

Loudspeaker wrote:
ATTENTION! YOU ARE BEING SCANNED BY EVERY PSYCHIC, MAGIC, AND TECHNOLOGICAL MEANS KNOWN. SUBMIT TO THE DEFENDERS AT THE GATES ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED. SURRENDER ALL LONG-ARMS, POWER ARMOR, AND ROBOT COMBAT VEHICLES. REMOVE AND SURRENDER ALL WEAPONS CONTROL CHIPS IN YOUR VEHICLES. ANY RESISTANCE, ATTACK, OR FAILURE TO OBEY THE DEFENDERS WILL BE MET WITH DEADLY FORCE.


The Blind Mystic stops in his tracks.

Tóuxiáng suǒyǒu cháng bì……wǒ xiǎng zhīdào zhè míng gōngzuò rényuán shìfǒu yǒu jiàzhí?* he thinks while referring to his Firestaff. Dāngrán, zhè shì jīguāng shǒuzhàng. Bùguǎn shì bùshì zài kāiwánxiào, mìngyùn dōu shì jiāo gěi wǒ de, suǒyǐ wǒ huì chōngfèn lìyòng tā.

Translation
Surrender all long arms... I wonder if this staff counts? Certainly, this laser cane does. Whether a joke or not, it is what fate handed to me, so I shall make the most of it.


He then continues to move forward at a blind man's shuffling speed... which, given Shen is considerably faster than a normal human, is almost at a normal person's pace... tapping the ground before him with his cane before every step, and taking in the sounds and smells of his environment, his senses forming a mental picture of everything around.

If he hears the Defenders approach, Shen will stop and look in their direction, removing his sunglasses so they can see his blindness clearly. "I am Shen," he says simply. "I have come to offer my help, and to barter. I have a laser cane for bartering, which, as you can imagine, I have difficulty using for its intended purpose as a weapon of range," he quips, with a slight smile coming up on the corners of his mouth to emphasize the jest. "I also have a magic staff. Do either of these count as... what did you call it, 'long arms'? I would like to barter them away for other things, provided that is allowed," he says to the Defenders.

Then, as if suddenly aware of his conundrum: "Do you know of a place where such bartering is transacted, and how I might get there?" he will ask.

Once the Defenders see and acknowledge Shen's blindness, he will replace the sunglasses and compliantly and cheerfully accommodate any Defender requests.
Shen, the Blind Mystic
Current Status
S.D.C.: 122/122
Hit Points: 53/53
P.P.E.: 117/117
I.S.P.: 201/201


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On
  • Chi Sight (default condition; any supernatural being, including Ghosts and Astral Travelers, within twenty feet (in any direction), will be noticed by the Blind Mystic. ANY being, supernatural or otherwise, will be sensed within 5')
  • Blind Mystic's Third Eye (can see supernatural beings and creatures of magic with clarity, and at longer range)
  • Sense Chi Movement (can sense the movement of bodies, including hands and feet, well enough to engage in close combat with no penalties, but only at that close range. Can also "see"/sense magic energies involved in spells being cast, or already in play)
  • Spirit Sight (I.D. any infernal or spirit creature by concentrating for a round)
  • Prophetic Dreams (will occasionally get prophetic dreams, or vivid dreams where they seem to "see" events transpiring at great distances away, warnings or visions from the gods, and glimpses of the future) - entirely DM dependent and outside of his control.
  • Radiate Nature (radiates his nature and intentions to some degree; any psychic will feel it up to 100 feet away and nonpsychics within 12 feet. Equivalent of a weak empathic transmission)
  • Sense Supernatural Evil and Psychic Energy (can detect the presence of supernatural evil and magic energy (P.P.E. used as a spell, in magic devices and large amounts in people; 80 or more points); constant and automatic, similar to Dog Boy's senses)

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +33%
Magic (varies): +10
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +11
Psionics (as a Master Psionic, Shen needs 10+ to save): +7
Possession: +5
Demonic Curses: +3
Despair-based attacks: +2
Pain: +3
Horror Factor: +4 if HF is based on sounds, smells, and things he can see via Third Eye or feel via psionic abilities
Impervious to magic illusions and Horror Factor from things the character cannot see
Effectively immune to disease and fatigues at half the normal rate.
User avatar
Shen
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:05 am

Re: Welcome to MercTown

Postby Lux BaghDach » Thu May 28, 2020 12:50 pm

Perception: 1d100= 1d100:
29
/ 42%
JIC: 1d20= 1d20:
13

JIC: 1d100= 1d100:
45


Having spent the past few years as a bit of a nomad, recently traveling from town to town across North America, arriving at the gates of MercTown didn’t feel too unfamiliar. She learned to announce her presence and offer up greetings of peace in a few different languages, which proved to be remarkably helpful to avoid getting shot or captured as an enemy invader.

It didn’t hurt that Lux didn’t give the impression of being a physical threat. To those that didn’t know, she was just a tall, pretty girl, whose light eyes shined a bit when she smiled. And she always made a point to smile when announcing herself in a new town.

Approaching the gate of MercTown, the Loudspeaker boomed out:
ATTENTION! YOU ARE BEING SCANNED BY EVERY PSYCHIC, MAGIC, AND TECHNOLOGICAL MEANS KNOWN. SUBMIT TO THE DEFENDERS AT THE GATES ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED. SURRENDER ALL LONG-ARMS, POWER ARMOR, AND ROBOT COMBAT VEHICLES. REMOVE AND SURRENDER ALL WEAPONS CONTROL CHIPS IN YOUR VEHICLES. ANY RESISTANCE, ATTACK, OR FAILURE TO OBEY THE DEFENDERS WILL BE MET WITH DEADLY FORCE.

Lux readied herself for whatever might be beyond the walls, taking a quick mental inventory of the provisions and weapons she carried, and making a brief assessment of her surroundings. Lux took a deep breath, smiled, and called out:

“Hello? Halito vla Achukma! Vengo en paz!”

As Lux approached the gate, a guard stepped out of the booth.
User avatar
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest