Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Underguard » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:24 pm

Conditions wrote:Location: New Pudacah; Merctown
Time/Date: 1200; November 22nd, 111PA
Conditions: Cold, cloudy skies over Merctown.

Months have passed as the crew of AAPS completes their respective projects. In late November, the crew receives a message from Nathaniel Speakman about the Survey.

Message wrote:AAPS,

I have news regarding the survey. It seems one of the other mercenary parties that also took the open contract has gone missing. This is not a search and rescue, however should you bring back any word on their fate, I'll include a bonus.

I can come by for a more detailed brief if required, otherwise I'm suggesting your team heads out as soon as you are able.

-NS

The team is left with either seeking out more information from Speakman personally, or preparing to head out on their next job after a nice, relaxing break from their prior hellscape adventure.
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
Underguard
Game Master

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Victor Singer » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:59 am

Perception: 1d100 = 12% (56% base, +5% more from NG-X67, +25% involving demons & monsters)
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 99

When Victor sees the message he turns to Ecks and Brianna, "I'm game. Might as well complete that part of the mission, should be pretty easy. Well, so long as we avoid Mad Haven this time. Besides, I still want to look into the Shemerian as well as the rumors of strange robots in that area.".

While the group works on plans for Speakman's survey mission, Victor checks out the modifications that Ecks and Sel did on his Prophet. He also works on packing gear for the upcoming mission. At one point he seeks out Ecks to ask, "Hey, so...are we taking the Sled out again, or Max's choppa'?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NE-BA-26 EBA; MDC: [90/90] w/built-in
N-F20A Medium Force Field; MDC: [75/75] OFF
Black military fatigues
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 60/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 42

Ecks is reclined in his rolling chair in the hangar, drinking a cup of coffee. He takes a long sip, reading the message.

"Well, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't. Not that I don't mind these little jobs, but it'd be good to secure another high paying gig." he says to anyone else in the Hangar, but particularly looking at Brianna for her input on the matter. "Glad to have you back by the way Singer. Shame you could go with me back home. It was good to visit."

Victor's question about the helicopter versus the Sled draws Ecks' attention to the handbuilt hover vehicle with a bit of fondness. Well, with Max on board now, we could leave the Sled here for our security team to use, he says with a nod to Anna. "Assuming their kind enough to continue on in that duty."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:28 am

Perception: 1d100 = 100 (88%)
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 27

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 18/18 (x1)

When Victor sees the message he turns to Ecks and Brianna, "I'm game. Might as well complete that part of the mission, should be pretty easy. Well, so long as we avoid Mad Haven this time. Besides, I still want to look into the Shemerian as well as the rumors of strange robots in that area."

Brianna nods at Victor. ”I wholeheartedly agree with that. If I never go to Madhaven again, it'll be too soon.” Brianna grimaces. ”I didn't use to believe in ghosts, but after I went there, I believe in them now.” Brianna looks confused, ”Who are what is a Shermian? What strange robots?”

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Underguard » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:26 pm

Time/Date: 1300; November 22nd, 111PA 1 hour has passed

Anna nods to Ecks with a light smile. "Sure thing. We've got in-town prospects so we can stay. We'd be glad to keep the Sled here." Anna says as Ecks, Victor and Brianna begin to think on different methods of going forward.

The team figures that the crew can comfortable fit in the Sky Wolf, assuming one person takes the co-pilot seat with Max, but some of their larger armors wouldn't be taken with them as there is no real storage on the Sky Wolf. A quick check on the Sky Wolf shows it is in full functionality and would ease the travel considerable if they were to take that, though they also wouldn't be able to transport any survivors should they find any from the other mercenary group.

After an hour or so of thinking on their way forward, an unexpected guest arrives at the Hanger; Speakman, with more insight into the survey. After gathering into a room together, Speakman begins. "Alright, you saw that message earlier. That was a formality; and I couldn't say this in the message, too many eyes, as it were. There is a heft reward for finding out what happened to that crew. They were a sponsored group called the Snow Wolves, and they have some valuable items with them that are wanted to be recovered. Right now, you're the only crew who knows about this; find them and their equipment, and I'll see you compensated. Their signal was lost somewhere in the middle of what was once called Virginia.. uh, East Virginia." Speakman discloses, taking a drink from his flask before continuing. "So, of course you lot are freelancers and you are not under contract to actually find these poor louts, but should you, well like I said, the compensation would be worth it."

He'll pause to see if there are any questions about the search and rescue portion before continuing on to further describe the survey. "The survey itself is mostly of the Shemarrian Nation and the Dinosaur Swamps. I'd, uh, recommend steering clear of Madhaven for the time being. We know so little about the Shemarrian, any information we obtain is more than we had a week ago; so keep an eye out for any highlights. Think of additional information as being bonus worthy." He states, in a slight pace, before finalizing the details. "The survey itself will pay you four million; this is to account for the fact that both major areas are considered hazard zones. That isn't including potential bonus or the rescue of the wolves or their equipment. Bare in mind also, that there is now a time hack to meet as we just lost contact with them and want to recover what we can, so you'd need to gack up and head out soon." He continues, glancing around before finding a seat and clasping his hands together.

"The exclusive offer is only on the table while I'm here, let's just say I've grown fond of your crew. So, you interested?" He finishes.
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Ecks » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:20 am

Perception: 1d100 = 76/85%
JIC:1d20 = 20/1d100 = 12

Ecks is slightly surprised to see Speakman again. "Ah, they sent you back to the sticks, eh?" Nathaniel's admission of fondness for AAPS elicits more sarcasm from the operator. "I won't believe a word until I see a ring." he says in his usual dry tone.

With ribbing out of the way, he listens to Speakman. "What type of equipment? How much space do we need?" The likelyhood that the crew are dead remains unsaid, being an accepted possibility of anyone willing to traverse such areas. Still survivors is always hoped for. And, despite his demeanour at times, Ecks always hopes for a good outcome, though rarely realized.

"I used to know a guy from the Dinosaur Swamps. William West. He was in AAPS a while back. Not sure what he ever got up to. But from what he said, it didn't sound like a fun place to vacation. I don't know anything about the Virginia area. Does anyone? Either way, we're up for the job. How long have the Snow Wolves been gone?"

Turning to the others he comments on the loadout. "Probably keep the same equipment, but trade out the Sled for Max's heli. Max might get bored waiting for us though. Maybe grab a crossword puzzle, Max. Do you crochet? I could use a new scarf." Ecks says, having never worn a scarf a day in his life.

"Alternatively we could leave all the other vehicles and opt for more speed. Take the heli and the Sled, but our mobile equipment would have to be streamlined."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Mink » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:10 am

Perception: 68% 1d100 = 93
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 36

Skill Dump x11
(Note: For History I used the second, lower percentage meant for specific knowledge)
Intelligence 82%/1d100 = 32 - what do I know about Shemarrians besides they are a female warrior society of bionic d-bees? PASS by 50
History - Post-Apocolypse: 50%/1d100 = 50 - Same Question PASS?
Research: 65%/1d100 = 2 - Same Question CRITICAL SUCCESS!
History - Pre-Rifts: 42%/1d100 = 57 - What do I know about Virginia, pre-rifts PASS by 15
History - Post-Apocolypse: 50%/1d100 = 62 - How about Virginia, since then? - FAIL by 12!
Research: 65%/1d100 = 71 - Look up to support pre-rifts History on Virginia - FAIL by 6!
Research: 65%/1d100 = 86 - Look up to support post-rifts History on Virginia - FAIL by 21!
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 75%/1d100 = 46 - Any major phenomena that people avoid? Fade zones, etc? PASS by 29
Lore: Demons & Monsters 80%/1d100 = 15 - Any notable monsters we should be on the look out for? PASS by 65
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 100%/1d100 = 22 - Any notable psychic occurrences we should be on the look out for? PASS by 78
Wilderness Survival 80%/1d100 = 28 - What kind of terrain are we looking at? PASS by 52

Mink is nearby as the conversation goes on. Her computer is nearby, as it is most days.

"Shemarrians are a bunch of tribes of alien bionic women by every rumor I've heard. They ride alien beasts from their dimension and have impressive railguns and bust sizes, based on the few tales I've heard." She grabs her computer and connects to the publicly available data stores in Merctown, as well as a few not publicly available to her because of her affiliation with Northern Gun as a bounty hunter. Her research is not so much looking for what *is* said, but rather what is not. Reading between the lines of what is there to find the hidden truth. "Let me think on Virginia. I know it's never really come up much, but maybe there's something. I'll see what I think of about monsters, as well as magical and psionic threats. From what I know of the east coast, it's all packed forest, so air might not be a bad idea. Should we perhaps see about getting Staci's shop put on a hovertruck so it can follow too? It's probably more mobile than your shop here Ecks." She smiles. "Oh and don't forget we need to mount that force field Victor gave me, please."
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:10 am

Perception: 1d100 = 15/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 100/1d20 = 2
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other:

Sel rolls her eyes at what she perceives as testosterone fueled banter from Ecks and says "Get a room already and get it over with!" Turning to Speakman, Sel asks "Can you be a little bit more specific than East Virginia. From what I have heard, the area covered by just one state of the old American empire is still rather vast."

When Ecks begins to talk about equipment, Sel chimes in with "I've upgraded the robotics shop in Staci, so she can now handle anything short of completely rebuilding a whole limb on your 'bot there, sir. And even though it may slow us down a little, I don't see any reason why we can't take Staci with as. I mean it only took us, what two or three days to get from Madhaven to here, and isn't Madhaven further away than Virginia? Oh, and you don't have to worry about Max getting bored with nothing to do if he's not flying us around. I finally finished my TW Mapping Drone, so he can make maps to keep himself busy."
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 115/155
ISP: 37/37

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:25 am

Perception: 1d100 = 70% (56% base, +5% more from NG-X67, +25% involving demons & monsters)
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d100 = 72

Ecks wrote:Ecks is reclined in his rolling chair in the hangar, drinking a cup of coffee. He takes a long sip, reading the message.

"Well, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't. Not that I don't mind these little jobs, but it'd be good to secure another high paying gig." he says to anyone else in the Hangar, but particularly looking at Brianna for her input on the matter. "Glad to have you back by the way Singer. Shame you could go with me back home. It was good to visit."

Victor sits back and nods, "Good to be back. Training was exciting, made some new friends...and one or two enemies I imagine. I wrote to my family several times over the last few months, they knew I was alive and what I was up to. I promised them next time I have some leave I'll make the trip home, hopefully I can convince Tesrea to come along.".

Brianna Clarke wrote:Brianna nods at Victor. ”I wholeheartedly agree with that. If I never go to Madhaven again, it'll be too soon.” Brianna grimaces. ”I didn't use to believe in ghosts, but after I went there, I believe in them now.” Brianna looks confused, ”Who are what is a Shermian? What strange robots?”

"Shemarrian. They are apparently an all female race of D-Bees with highly advanced bionics of some kind. Their mounts are also bionically enhanced, with built-in weapon systems. They are incredibly territorial as well. From what I've heard they don't shoot on sight, but they do give abrupt and no-questions-asked warnings to leave "their" land. They have claimed a big chunk that includes old West Virginia, Virginia, and Maryland.", Victor explains. Leaning forward he goes on, "Now, the really interesting part is that there are reports of advanced robots, similar to the CS's Skelebots, wandering around the same area. And the Shemarrian's ignore them. That more then anything has me interested.".

Victor hears Speakman out without interrupting. Once the man is done he turns to Ecks, "I think we might want ton consider taking both fliers with us. I know rescue is optional, but if we find these Snow Wolves alive, I can't see us just leaving them there. Unless 'Staci' has room to transport folks if needed?", he turns his attention to Sel with this question. Victor thinks on it more before speaking up again, "I hate to bring up spending money, but what we need is a large transport. Big enough to hold all our smaller vehicles like power armor suits, hovercycles and such plus a copy of all Sel's tools and equipment she has in 'Staci' with room for all of us of course. Something reasonably fast too. Like the NG Skybunker. I'm not saying we get one now, but it's a thought for a future purchase. Unless the group bank account has that kind of scratch?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:28 pm

(Rolls Held)

Victor Singer wrote:
Brianna Clarke wrote:Brianna nods at Victor. ”I wholeheartedly agree with that. If I never go to Madhaven again, it'll be too soon.” Brianna grimaces. ”I didn't use to believe in ghosts, but after I went there, I believe in them now.” Brianna looks confused, ”Who are what is a Shermian? What strange robots?”

"Shemarrian. They are apparently an all female race of D-Bees with highly advanced bionics of some kind. Their mounts are also bionically enhanced, with built-in weapon systems. They are incredibly territorial as well. From what I've heard they don't shoot on sight, but they do give abrupt and no-questions-asked warnings to leave "their" land. They have claimed a big chunk that includes old West Virginia, Virginia, and Maryland.", Victor explains. Leaning forward he goes on, "Now, the really interesting part is that there are reports of advanced robots, similar to the CS's Skelebots, wandering around the same area. And the Shemarrian's ignore them. That more then anything has me interested.".

Victor hears Speakman out without interrupting. Once the man is done he turns to Ecks, "I think we might want ton consider taking both fliers with us. I know rescue is optional, but if we find these Snow Wolves alive, I can't see us just leaving them there. Unless 'Staci' has room to transport folks if needed?", he turns his attention to Sel with this question. Victor thinks on it more before speaking up again, "I hate to bring up spending money, but what we need is a large transport. Big enough to hold all our smaller vehicles like power armor suits, hovercycles and such plus a copy of all Sel's tools and equipment she has in 'Staci' with room for all of us of course. Something reasonably fast too. Like the NG Skybunker. I'm not saying we get one now, but it's a thought for a future purchase. Unless the group bank account has that kind of scratch?".

"Why would the fact that some group of D-Bees ignore robots in their territory be that interesting? Maybe they simply don't see them as a threat as they don't compete for their resources such as food. You do know robots don't eat, right? Or maybe they are the robot's creators, if they are as highly into bionic enhancement as you seem to suggest." Sel says to Victor with heavy sarcasm in her question to him. Turning to the issue of room in Staci, Sel replies with "My cab can hold up to five extra human sized people, in addition to the driver. The cargo hold in the back could theoretically hold up to about 40, but I have it converted into a living space and work shop. I just upgraded my equipment there, as a matter of fact. However it can tow a trailer up to 200 tons, which has got to be a lot cheaper than a Skybunker."
Last edited by Selenidaria on Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Selenidaria

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 87
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 84

Max has been lounging nearby. He is nearly asleep and nursing a hangover as usual. He was out at the bars singing and playing the blues until nearly sun up. He has been partying so much he actually is looking forward to some real work. When Mr. Speakman comes by with his offer and information, he perks up and grabs some coffee.

"All I can say about that area is that when I flew those trophy hunters to Madhaven, They were real absolute about not going near that place. It spooked them bad. Dude said there was something so bad even the Splurgoth avoid the area. You sent people in there. If we find them they will be easy to get them home. We will pack a lot of body bags."
Max drinks his coffee slowly and sits back. Lord help us if we take this mission.
" Yeah, knit one, pearl two. I'll just stay in the chopper."
Maximillian O'Malley

Postby Naliyah » Fri May 01, 2020 8:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33/48%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 56
JIC (20): 1d20 = 6

Naliyah wakes up, yawns, and stretches luxuriantly (as only a cat can). She clears the cobwebs from her mind and goes out to mingle with the others.

When she encounters the group talking about an offer,, she will first listen, before chiming in:

Victor Singer wrote:When Victor sees the message he turns to Ecks and Brianna, "I'm game. Might as well complete that part of the mission, should be pretty easy. Well, so long as we avoid Mad Haven this time. Besides, I still want to look into the Shemerian as well as the rumors of strange robots in that area."

"Look into" them...?

Naliyah's ears perk up as she hears the Shemarrians spoken of, but she does not comment yet and listens more.

Brianna Clarke wrote:Brianna looks confused, ”Who are what is a Shermian? What strange robots?”

Yes, what strange robots indeed... what is Victor babbling about? thinks the Shing as she hears Brianna echo her own thoughts.

Underguard wrote:The team figures that the crew can comfortable fit in the Sky Wolf, assuming one person takes the co-pilot seat with Max, but some of their larger armors wouldn't be taken with them as there is no real storage on the Sky Wolf. A quick check on the Sky Wolf shows it is in full functionality and would ease the travel considerable if they were to take that, though they also wouldn't be able to transport any survivors should they find any from the other mercenary group.

After an hour or so of thinking on their way forward, an unexpected guest arrives at the Hanger; Speakman, with more insight into the survey. After gathering into a room together, Speakman begins. "Alright, you saw that message earlier. That was a formality; and I couldn't say this in the message, too many eyes, as it were. There is a heft reward for finding out what happened to that crew. They were a sponsored group called the Snow Wolves, and they have some valuable items with them that are wanted to be recovered. Right now, you're the only crew who knows about this; find them and their equipment, and I'll see you compensated. Their signal was lost somewhere in the middle of what was once called Virginia.. uh, East Virginia." Speakman discloses, taking a drink from his flask before continuing. "So, of course you lot are freelancers and you are not under contract to actually find these poor louts, but should you, well like I said, the compensation would be worth it."

Snow Wolves... she thinks. Interesting name. I wonder if there's any significance to it?

Underguard wrote:He'll pause to see if there are any questions about the search and rescue portion before continuing on to further describe the survey. "The survey itself is mostly of the Shemarrian Nation and the Dinosaur Swamps. I'd, uh, recommend steering clear of Madhaven for the time being. We know so little about the Shemarrian, any information we obtain is more than we had a week ago; so keep an eye out for any highlights. Think of additional information as being bonus worthy." He states, in a slight pace, before finalizing the details. "The survey itself will pay you four million; this is to account for the fact that both major areas are considered hazard zones. That isn't including potential bonus or the rescue of the wolves or their equipment. Bare in mind also, that there is now a time hack to meet as we just lost contact with them and want to recover what we can, so you'd need to gack up and head out soon." He continues, glancing around before finding a seat and clasping his hands together.

"The exclusive offer is only on the table while I'm here, let's just say I've grown fond of your crew. So, you interested?" He finishes.

"I'm in," the lioness says simply.

Ecks wrote:Ecks is slightly surprised to see Speakman again. "Ah, they sent you back to the sticks, eh?" Nathaniel's admission of fondness for AAPS elicits more sarcasm from the operator. "I won't believe a word until I see a ring." he says in his usual dry tone.

With ribbing out of the way, he listens to Speakman. "What type of equipment? How much space do we need?" The likelyhood that the crew are dead remains unsaid, being an accepted possibility of anyone willing to traverse such areas. Still survivors is always hoped for. And, despite his demeanour at times, Ecks always hopes for a good outcome, though rarely realized.

"I used to know a guy from the Dinosaur Swamps. William West. He was in AAPS a while back. Not sure what he ever got up to. But from what he said, it didn't sound like a fun place to vacation. I don't know anything about the Virginia area. Does anyone? Either way, we're up for the job. How long have the Snow Wolves been gone?"

Turning to the others he comments on the loadout. "Probably keep the same equipment, but trade out the Sled for Max's heli. Max might get bored waiting for us though. Maybe grab a crossword puzzle, Max. Do you crochet? I could use a new scarf." Ecks says, having never worn a scarf a day in his life.

"Alternatively we could leave all the other vehicles and opt for more speed. Take the heli and the Sled, but our mobile equipment would have to be streamlined."

These humans and their technological toys... she thinks, resisting the urge to shake her head. There are faster and less cumbersome ways...

Naliyah rests on her haunches and licks a paw absent-mindedly - still listening, however.

Mink wrote:"Shemarrians are a bunch of tribes of alien bionic women by every rumor I've heard. They ride alien beasts from their dimension and have impressive railguns and bust sizes, based on the few tales I've heard."

Alien bionic women? The Shing stops grooming herself and looks over at Mink curiously.

Victor Singer wrote:"Shemarrian. They are apparently an all female race of D-Bees with highly advanced bionics of some kind. Their mounts are also bionically enhanced, with built-in weapon systems. They are incredibly territorial as well. From what I've heard they don't shoot on sight, but they do give abrupt and no-questions-asked warnings to leave "their" land. They have claimed a big chunk that includes old West Virginia, Virginia, and Maryland.", Victor explains. Leaning forward he goes on, "Now, the really interesting part is that there are reports of advanced robots, similar to the CS's Skelebots, wandering around the same area. And the Shemarrian's ignore them. That more then anything has me interested."

Well then. That was a wellspring of information... she thinks as she looks over at Victor.

"You seem to know quite a bit about these Shemmarians, Victor. Have you encountered them before or something?" she asks the man.

Victor Singer wrote:Victor hears Speakman out without interrupting. Once the man is done he turns to Ecks, "I think we might want ton consider taking both fliers with us. I know rescue is optional, but if we find these Snow Wolves alive, I can't see us just leaving them there. Unless 'Staci' has room to transport folks if needed?", he turns his attention to Sel with this question. Victor thinks on it more before speaking up again, "I hate to bring up spending money, but what we need is a large transport. Big enough to hold all our smaller vehicles like power armor suits, hovercycles and such plus a copy of all Sel's tools and equipment she has in 'Staci' with room for all of us of course. Something reasonably fast too. Like the NG Skybunker. I'm not saying we get one now, but it's a thought for a future purchase. Unless the group bank account has that kind of scratch?".

Why bother with a home when we just carry one with us everywhere we go? she muses. That seems to be this one's philosophy, at least...

Selenidaria wrote:...Sel replies with "My cab can hold up to five extra human sized people, in addition to the driver. The cargo hold in the back could theoretically hold up to about 40, but I have it converted into a living space and work shop. I just upgraded my equipment there, as a matter of fact. However it can tow a trailer up to 200 tons, which has got to be a lot cheaper than a Skybunker."

Naliyah speaks up to the group: "Don't worry about evacuating people. I have that covered with my magic. Large and heavy amounts of gear, on the other hand... vehicles, your powered armor suits, and such - if we're going to be bringing all that, we'll need something to transport it in, and haul it all back," she says with a wink.

"I also have some business to attend to with these Shemarrian people... well, one of them, at least. A message to deliver to them, and a response to return with..." she says with a gleam in her eye.

She looks around. "So, when do we head out?"
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 83/83
P.P.E.: 493/493
I.S.P.: 88/88

Ley Line and Nexus Point effects
Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Periods of Increased energy at a nexus point. IAW RUE.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
Naliyah

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sat May 02, 2020 10:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 78 (88%)
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 62

Conditions

Nathaniel's admission of fondness for AAPS elicits more sarcasm from the operator. "I won't believe a word until I see a ring." he says in his usual dry tone.

Brianna grins at the remark from Ecks and suppresses the urge to chuckle, keeping her face as professional as possible.

"I used to know a guy from the Dinosaur Swamps.”

Brianna blinks. ”There's a Dinosaur Swamps? With real, actual dinosaurs?”

"Shemarrian. They are apparently an all female race of D-Bees with highly advanced bionics of some kind. Their mounts are also bionically enhanced, with built-in weapon systems. They are incredibly territorial as well. From what I've heard they don't shoot on sight, but they do give abrupt and no-questions-asked warnings to leave "their" land. They have claimed a big chunk that includes old West Virginia, Virginia, and Maryland." Victor explains. Leaning forward he goes on, "Now, the really interesting part is that there are reports of advanced robots, similar to the CS's Skelebots, wandering around the same area. And the Shemarrian's ignore them. That more then anything has me interested."

Brianna is impressed with how much Victor seems to know about Shemarrians. That sounds sooo cool! Hopefully they don't object to us being there and attack us. She wasn't that familiar with Virginia, having never really been there so it'll be interesting to explore. She agrees with the others, "If we're able to find the other team, that would be great." She hopes Max is wrong about them needing a lot of body bags and they're able to bring most of the team back alive, though she admits to herself things don't look good, given what Speakman had told them.

Brianna Clarke

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Underguard » Mon May 04, 2020 5:27 am

Time/Date: 1330; November 22nd, 111PA ~30 minutes have passed

Speakman takes turns and responds to everyone's questions in the order they bring them to him. "Well, they were fairly well outfitted with a larger transport vehicle and such; those items aren't the concern. The leader, a man named Gideon, is from another world and he, and his second, an alien named Orenia, were both outfitted with rare tech that doesn't exist en masse on Earth yet. Including some advanced scanning technology. You don't need a lot of space to transport what they had. Their team consisted of six, with two larger power armor users, assuming survivors. Ideally, their transport can be used but like I said, we don't know much beyond a general last location." Speakman responds to Ecks.

Meanwhile, Mink does some research while Speakman talks with Ecks and the others, offering insight as applicable. She knows the Shemarrians are isolationists and to date, no visible catalog of their society has been found. They obviously live, but where and how is a mystery; also, she knows there is no record of men or how they reproduce ever being discovered. Before the apocalypse, she knows that several prominent government agencies where located in Virginia, including the then Department of Defense and Central Intelligence Agency, but not much else. She has no idea what became of it in the years following the apocalypse except that it basically fell out of any sort of limelight. There is a Ley Line that runs through Virginia that's been partially mapped but beyond that, no known demonic or magical threats she knows to look for. The whole area is a cross between overgrown countryside and cliffside overlooking the sea. The southern edge is humid and warm in most situations but as you travel northward, the humidity and temperature drops significantly.

Speakman looks towards Sel with a shrug. "Honestly, no. That's sorta the whole point of the survey. Whatever was left of the old Americans is gone in lieu of the Shemarrian Nation, which we have little to no information on besides their relative unwelcoming attitude to newcomers. Madhaven is several hundred miles north north-east of Virginia." Speakman finishes to Sel.

He'll let the crew discuss among themselves but Speakman appears confident that the group is interested so when he finds a point of interjection, he interrupts the conversations. "Okay, so it sounds like you lot are interested. I'll count you in then. If I don't hear from you within a couple weeks, I'll assume you are lost as well and open the contract. You already have more information on them than I do, so there's nothing else for me to do here. Good luck and Godspeed." and with that, assuming no one tries to stop him with more questions, Speakman leaves, leaving the crew to their devices.

Once Speakman leaves, Anna interjects. "We'll keep this place covered, and I'll make sure Shroud is ready to receive any wounded that you may drop back our way." Anna finishes saying to Ecks. And with that, all that's left now is to finalize prep and head out, it seems.
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Wed May 06, 2020 5:56 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 21
JIC: 1d100 = 40

Max drinks his coffee. " Dinosaurs and Amazon women. This should be a b rate movie from the pre cataclysm.
Im down with a paycheck so lets get this going."
He turns to Ecks "Should I prep the chopper bossman or are we gonna trade up. Im not above flying a house there if it has the wingspan."
He takes another drink before he abandons the cup.
"Just say the word and I'll draw up a flight plan and get fueled."
Maximillian O'Malley

Postby Naliyah » Fri May 08, 2020 5:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37/48%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 52
JIC (20): 1d20 = 11

Underguard wrote:Speakman takes turns and responds to everyone's questions in the order they bring them to him. "Well, they were fairly well outfitted with a larger transport vehicle and such; those items aren't the concern. The leader, a man named Gideon, is from another world and he, and his second, an alien named Orenia, were both outfitted with rare tech that doesn't exist en masse on Earth yet. Including some advanced scanning technology. You don't need a lot of space to transport what they had. Their team consisted of six, with two larger power armor users, assuming survivors. Ideally, their transport can be used but like I said, we don't know much beyond a general last location." Speakman responds to Ecks.

From another world... the lioness thinks as she listens to Speakman, and her ears perk.

"Any idea what world?" she says to Speakman.

I wonder if they're from the Phase World dimension... she muses.

Underguard wrote:He'll let the crew discuss among themselves but Speakman appears confident that the group is interested so when he finds a point of interjection, he interrupts the conversations. "Okay, so it sounds like you lot are interested. I'll count you in then. If I don't hear from you within a couple weeks, I'll assume you are lost as well and open the contract. You already have more information on them than I do, so there's nothing else for me to do here. Good luck and Godspeed." and with that, assuming no one tries to stop him with more questions, Speakman leaves, leaving the crew to their devices.

"Thank you for the opportunity, and we will do our best. I have a feeling we'll find your missing crew - in what condition, we can't say - but hopefully alive and well," says the Shing and she bids Speakman farewell.

Underguard wrote:Once Speakman leaves, Anna interjects. "We'll keep this place covered, and I'll make sure Shroud is ready to receive any wounded that you may drop back our way." Anna finishes saying to Ecks. And with that, all that's left now is to finalize prep and head out, it seems.

"Shroud?" Naliyah wonders aloud.

Maximillian O'Malley wrote:"Should I prep the chopper bossman or are we gonna trade up. Im not above flying a house there if it has the wingspan."
He takes another drink before he abandons the cup.
"Just say the word and I'll draw up a flight plan and get fueled."

"If I may..." begins the Dimensional Lioness. She continues: "I don't have much experience with these flying machines, or really any machines for that matter - nor do I have much experience with 'money' - but I do suggest we not spend our resources needlessly. If this 'flying house' as you say is truly necessary, then by all means, let us acquire it. But if we can make do with what we have, that is also worth considering."

She lets that sink in for a moment and then follows up with, "For what it's worth, my teleportation and dimensional magics can whisk a fair number of us away at a moment's notice, but there are weight limits. If we have to leave in a big hurry, we may have to leave much of our heavy equipment behind. That is something to think about as well, because if we invest a large amount of money in a large transport with a lot of heavy gear on board, and have to leave it, it would be disastrous in terms of financial losses."

This is why we Shing travel light...Difficult to lose heavy and expensive equipment if you don't have much to lose... she thinks to herself.
Naliyah
Current Status

Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Mink » Fri May 08, 2020 6:07 pm

Perception 68%/1d100 = 34
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 70

"Well once we can get my new (to me) force field installed, I can be ready to go whenever we want to leave. I don't mind going along any final shopping trips for gear either." She turns to the Shing, "So you can manipulate time and rifts. That's cool! How big of rifts? And how accurate? I mean why fly halfway across the continent if we can get closer, quicker and take off from there. I know the rift the collegiate made for us was big enough for the Morning Glory, Sel's and Speakerman's ride, plus the Sled."

She turns to the rest after the lion answers. "So there's a ley line running through the middle of the state, and it's either hot and humid in the south and towards the coast or cools off as you go north and into the highlands. Expect heavy forests in both climates. Most of it's probably underwater, but the government of the American Empire was based around the Virginia coast. Might find some old ruins while we're out there. Probably not much recoverable in them, but we might find a handful of items. I need to find some databases of pre-rifts tech so I can make accurate identification."
Image Image
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Naliyah » Fri May 08, 2020 6:36 pm

**ROLLS HELD**

Mink wrote:"Well once we can get my new (to me) force field installed, I can be ready to go whenever we want to leave. I don't mind going along any final shopping trips for gear either." She turns to the Shing, "So you can manipulate time and rifts. That's cool! How big of rifts? And how accurate? I mean why fly halfway across the continent if we can get closer, quicker and take off from there. I know the rift the collegiate made for us was big enough for the Morning Glory, Sel's and Speakerman's ride, plus the Sled."

"Yeah! It's amazing. ALL of us Shing are capable magic users, but some of us - known as Dimensional Lions like myself - have an intuitive understanding of spacetime. To answer your question, I have several spells that can transport all of us across large distances in the blink of an eye. If it's on this continent, my current maximum range is around 1500 miles. I can also open dimensional portals, both pre-existing and out of the blue, and - if on a Ley Line Nexus - I can open a Rift to teleport about 20 people roughly 500 miles or so, to another nexus - provided I'm familiar with it. That's the thing with bending and warping space - you really want to know where you're going, or it can turn out poorly..with time, it doesn't quite work the same way. I haven't quite reached the point where I can concurrently bend space and time together yet - perhaps someday..." she says to Mink and the others.

Naliyah's spell abilities
Naliyah will answer any questions about her specific travel spells as best she can, but I am putting them at the end of this post for reference as well

Mink wrote:She turns to the rest after the lion answers. "So there's a ley line running through the middle of the state, and it's either hot and humid in the south and towards the coast or cools off as you go north and into the highlands. Expect heavy forests in both climates. Most of it's probably underwater, but the government of the American Empire was based around the Virginia coast. Might find some old ruins while we're out there. Probably not much recoverable in them, but we might find a handful of items. I need to find some databases of pre-rifts tech so I can make accurate identification."

"These spells are pretty draining, so if we could spend some time at a ley line, it would help me replenish my energies," she says when hearing of the ley line.
Some of them are VERY draining..

Re-Open Gateway (Rift)*
Range: 10 feet
Duration: One melee round per level of experience (at most).
P.P.E.: Ninety*
The Re-Open Gateway spell enables the sorcerer to "re-open" an already existing and active, or permanent, dimensional portal. This includes the dimensional portals found in stone pyramids, select nexus points like the Devil's Gate in St. Louis, and The Monster's Rift in Calgary, and similar. The portal will automatically open to the last dimension/world location accessed from that portal . Once opened, anything, friend, foe, or monster, can pass through the gateway from either side, simply by stepping into the mass of swirling blue energy. Thus, it is not wise to open a portal for very long, especially if one does not know exactly where the gateway leads. The spell caster can close the Gateway in an instant, at will, but may need to roll initiative to see whether or not he closed it before "something(s)" nasty comes through (G.M.'s discretion). Note that due to the nature of this spell, those passing through may only go one way.

Rift Teleportation
Range: Up to 100 miles per level of the spell caster.
Duration: Roughly 1d4+4 seconds/half a melee round.
Saving Throw: +3 to save if an unwilling participant of this magic. A successful save means the character is not teleported with the others and remains at the nexus location where the Rift was opened.
Limitation: Requires a ley line nexus and can only teleport to another ley line nexus point within the range of the spell caster.
P.P.E. Cost: 200 (half for Shifters and Temporal Raiders/Wizards).
As many as 20 human-sized people per level of the spell caster can be teleported from one ley line nexus to another, allowing for entire platoons and companies of soldiers to be magically whisked from one location to another. In all cases, the spell caster must be familiar with the arrival point (nexus point).
A Rift appears at the departure point and closes in six seconds (roughly equal to two or three melee actions). A moment later (1d6 seconds), a Rift opens up at a different nexus location and those who entered are teleported to that point. A second later, the Rift closes as if it never existed. This is a one-way method of travel, requiring the spell to be cast coming and going. Teleportation is done without risk because the exact location is a known and fixed point at a j unction where two or more lines of magic energy converge. The only exception is if the spell is used during a Ley Line Storm, in which case the group will be teleported to some random location 3d6x 100 miles away. This spell can not be used to teleport to other worlds, only on the planet where the ley lines are located (in this case, Rifts Earth).

Dimensional Portal (Rift)*
Range: A few feet away.
Duration: 30 seconds (2 melee rounds) per level of the spell caster, or one minute (4 melees) per level of experience when performed as a ritual.
P.P.E.: Five Hundred*
The dimensional portal invocation opens a two-way door to another dimension. The mage can open a door to a specific world or random place. This is the only way a greater supernatural being can enter into our dimension. Once the dimensional portal closes, the only way back in or out is to open another portal . One of the real dangers of using this magic is that some "thing" unwanted often slips through.

Dimensional Teleport*
Range: Another dimension.
Duration: Instant.
P.P.E.: Four Hundred*
Invoking this spell transports the spell caster and a maximum of 1,500 lbs into another dimension. This spell is only effective if the spell caster has visited the dimension in the past. The location where the teleporter appears within that dimension is completely random unless the spell caster has a personal sanctuary there, complete with a dimensional Rift circle, or built on or near a ley line nexus. The success ratio of dimensional teleportation is 6% per level of the spell caster. If the spell caster is unsuccessful, nothing happens.

Teleport: Superior*
Range: Self or others; distance of 300 miles per level of experience.
Duration: Instant.
P.P.E.: Three Hundred*
The mage can instantly transport himself and up to 1,000 lbs per level of experience, hundreds of miles away. To teleport, the
mage must have a mental picture of his destination. The best results can be achieved when the character is personally acquainted with the target destination, some place he has visited or knows well. However, locations seen in photographs or described in detail can also be reached, but there is always a chance of a miscalculation.
The mage can teleport himself alone, or other people and objects within 20 feet of him. The total number of people and items which the mystic can teleport is limited by the amount of weight he can handle (1,000 lbs per level of experience). The following tables indicate the chance of a success and the results of a failed teleport.
Chances of a successful teleport:
• Teleporting to a familiar location or a destination visible from one's starting point: 99%.
• A place seen only a few times before (2-6 times) : 85%
• A place seen in a photo (the photograph is being looked at during the moment of teleportation) : 80%.
• A place never visited before, but described in detail : 58%
• A place never before visited and known only by name or brief description: 20%.
Results of an Unsuccessful Teleport:
01-40%: Appear at the wrong place. No idea of present location; 3d6x100 miles off course.
41-75%: Appear at the wrong place. No idea of present location; 1d6x100 miles off course.
76-98%: Teleport several feet above the ground; everybody falls, suffering 2d6 damage.
99-00%: Teleport into an object; instant death.
Notes: A character cannot Teleport away and leave behind something that was implanted in him. A character can Teleport into the air, but he is still subject to the dangers of the environment and will fall to the ground unless some other magic is used to prevent or cushion the fall. A character can Teleport a vehicle he is inside, along with themselves as long as the total weight (including passengers and cargo) is under 1000 lbs. Teleporting into water is not dangerous as long as the character can either swim or has an air supply and doesn't Teleport too deep. Once a character has teleported away, he has made a clean getaway. However, if the teleporter has left behind a personal object, a psychic can use the Object Read ability to get a general idea of his location or direction. It is possible to teleport out of a Magic Net. Attempting to Teleport (whether successful or not) takes up two melee actions. This spell can NOT be used to deliberately Teleport an enemy into a solid object.
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Victor Singer » Fri May 08, 2020 7:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33% (56% base, +5% more from NG-X67, +25% involving demons & monsters)
JIC: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d100 = 27

Victor chimes in on the talk of aircraft, "So Ecks, are you leaving 'Morning Glory' behind on this one, or are we just using Max's helo for recon purposes? I'm fine either way, but one or two of us in power armor ought to ride along with him as door gunners as well as extra eyes.".

Once this discussion is sorted out, Victor heads up to his room to grab what gear he plans on taking with him and brings it back down to the hangar near the Prophet. He begins stowing weapons, ammunition, explosive charges, and other gear into the combat webbing on his armor. Finally he gets down to the sword gifted to him by the Venator. He pulls the blade from it's scabbard and examines it for a moment. Finally, he sheathes the sword again and makes his way over to Brianna, Selenidaria, and Naliyah, "Hey ladies. So, I got this as a gift from my instructor when I graduated my demon hunter course. He didn't include any instructions, go figure. I don't suppose any of you could give me an idea of what it does. You know, other then using it for stabbing things and glowing purple.". He hands the sword over to whoever takes it.

{Note: I'll be shifting gear around to reflect what he is packing to take on the trip.}
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sat May 09, 2020 1:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89 (88%)
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 42

Conditions

Max drinks his coffee. "Dinosaurs and Amazon women. This should be a b rate movie from the pre cataclysm.”

Brianna chuckles and replies, ”There was a movie like that! It was more like a D rate move though. It was really bad.” Brianna adds, ”Drinking made the movie hilarious!”

Brianna waits for Ecks to answer the questions about which vehicles to bring. She wonders if she'll get more practice driving and hopes she does. I'll get the hang of it eventually!

Mink wrote:"Might find some old ruins while we're out there. Probably not much recoverable in them, but we might find a handful of items. I need to find some databases of pre-rifts tech so I can make accurate identification."

Looking over at Mink, Brianna says, ”I'd be interested in helping with that if we find anything, if you'd like.”

Victor wrote:"Hey ladies. So, I got this as a gift from my instructor when I graduated my demon hunter course. He didn't include any instructions, go figure. I don't suppose any of you could give me an idea of what it does. You know, other then using it for stabbing things and glowing purple."

Brianna looks apologetic as she replies, ”Sorry, I don't have any abilities to help you figure out what your new sword does. It's really cool that it glows purple though.” Brianna looks at Sel and Naliyah, and thinks to herself They'd probably have better luck figuring out Victor's new sword given their abilities.

Brianna Clarke

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Sat May 09, 2020 6:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 28/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 89/1d20 = 12
Current Effects, Other:

Victor Singer wrote:Once this discussion is sorted out, Victor heads up to his room to grab what gear he plans on taking with him and brings it back down to the hangar near the Prophet. He begins stowing weapons, ammunition, explosive charges, and other gear into the combat webbing on his armor. Finally he gets down to the sword gifted to him by the Venator. He pulls the blade from it's scabbard and examines it for a moment. Finally, he sheathes the sword again and makes his way over to Brianna, Selenidaria, and Naliyah, "Hey ladies. So, I got this as a gift from my instructor when I graduated my demon hunter course. He didn't include any instructions, go figure. I don't suppose any of you could give me an idea of what it does. You know, other then using it for stabbing things and glowing purple.". He hands the sword over to whoever takes it.

Sel looks at Victor and asks him "Do you mind if I hold it?" If he agrees, then she will hold it by both hands on the hilt (if there is enough room to hold it with both hands), holding the sword steady in front of her, hilt six inches from her breast plate as she focuses and psychically probes it (Object Read Impressions 1d100 = 25/70%). After she does this, she will send some mystical as well as psychic power into it to see if it will react at all and/or activate any latent abilities. Finally she will attack and defend a non-existent threat to see how well balanced it is for strikes and parrying.

Sel turns to Bri and says "I've been thinking about what you had said all those months ago back in the tavern right after we got back, about enchanting something to keep in touch with someone you are not in radio range or setting up a specific radio frequency for others to leave messages on. The notion isn't ridiculous at all. The problem really the complexity of such devices. There is one spell that allows one person to send a message to someone else, but the range is roughly that of a short range radio for inexperienced mages. For a more seasoned spell cast such as myself, you can see the range of the spell reach out two to up to four times the range of a walkie talkie, but that's still well within the range of a long range radio. Of course you would also need to have at least met the individual in question at least one time in order to send them a message with the spell. Theoretically speaking, you could stand here and speak to someone on the other side of the world with a long distance radio such as a HAM radio, but effective ranges today are cut short due to the presence of magic and ley lines. To communicate beyond those ranges, you would have to work teleportation spells into a Techno-Wizard device, the simplest of which will only transport non-living objects. But what you are talking about, for others to send you a message while you are out of contact? Well we could leave a stationary device at HQ which could be linked to something that you carry with you, such as a computer terminal at the here at the hangar and a datapad for you to receive emails sent directly to it from the terminal. The biggest issue would be powering the device while no one is around. It's a shame that the hangar isn't on one of the ley lines so that I could tap into it for the purposes of powering TW devices..."
Selenidaria

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Sun May 10, 2020 6:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 53/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 47

Ecks nods to Max. "Well, I think a flight plan might be fine. Out of curiousity, Max, do we need to take along extra fuel?"

He still brews over what to take. He has been out east with both the Mobile Hunter and the Sled and both have their pros and cons. "I don't know. If Sel is bringing her vehicle, we might as well bring Morning Glory. It's a huge target, but it also commands a certain amount of respect and can put down serious firepower if needed. Sel, what's your plan?"
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Selenidaria » Sun May 10, 2020 6:51 am

(Rolls Held)

Ecks wrote:He still brews over what to take. He has been out east with both the Mobile Hunter and the Sled and both have their pros and cons. "I don't know. If Sel is bringing her vehicle, we might as well bring Morning Glory. It's a huge target, but it also commands a certain amount of respect and can put down serious firepower if needed. Sel, what's your plan?"

"I'd prefer to bring Staci." Sel replies to Ecks. She mentally suffers at the notion of not being able to bring her, even though she understands she won't always be able to, such as when they travelled back through time.
Selenidaria

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Sun May 10, 2020 8:46 am

((rolls carried))

Ecks nods. "Well makes sense. That being the case we'll bring Morning Glory as well. We can have Max and his chopper cover advanced scouting."

Well aware of the dangers of running a giant robot, with Brianna as a co-pilot it greatly amplifies the capabilities of the Mobile Hunter.

"So my thought is to have Victor and Minkowski with Max as forward observers. Brianna and myself will be in the mobile hunter, moving with Sel as she drives Staci. Naliyah, it's up to you where you want to be. I'd expect Staci may be more comfortable for you than the giant robot. Doc, it's up to you where you'd rather be. I think if we take small bites we should do ok and we'll have plenty of room for survivors and equipment."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Sun May 10, 2020 2:30 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Brianna Clarke wrote:Brianna looks apologetic as she replies, ”Sorry, I don't have any abilities to help you figure out what your new sword does. It's really cool that it glows purple though.” Brianna looks at Sel and Naliyah, and thinks to herself They'd probably have better luck figuring out Victor's new sword given their abilities.

Victor smiles, "It's ok Brianna. And yeah, I kind of like the purple glow too.".

Selenidaria wrote:Sel looks at Victor and asks him "Do you mind if I hold it?" If he agrees, then she will hold it by both hands on the hilt (if there is enough room to hold it with both hands), holding the sword steady in front of her, hilt six inches from her breast plate as she focuses and psychically probes it (Object Read Impressions Original post: 1d100 = 25/70%). After she does this, she will send some mystical as well as psychic power into it to see if it will react at all and/or activate any latent abilities. Finally she will attack and defend a non-existent threat to see how well balanced it is for strikes and parrying.

In response Victor hands the sword over to her, "Sure, go ahead.".

Ecks wrote:Ecks nods. "Well makes sense. That being the case we'll bring Morning Glory as well. We can have Max and his chopper cover advanced scouting."

Well aware of the dangers of running a giant robot, with Brianna as a co-pilot it greatly amplifies the capabilities of the Mobile Hunter.

"So my thought is to have Victor and Minkowski with Max as forward observers. Brianna and myself will be in the mobile hunter, moving with Sel as she drives Staci. Naliyah, it's up to you where you want to be. I'd expect Staci may be more comfortable for you than the giant robot. Doc, it's up to you where you'd rather be. I think if we take small bites we should do ok and we'll have plenty of room for survivors and equipment."

"Forward recon, got it.", Victor turns to Mink, "You got a jet pack you can add to your suit? If not, I gave my old one to Ecks. I bet he'll let you borrow it. Might want it in case we have to dismount mid-air from the helicopter.".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Underguard » Sun May 10, 2020 6:04 pm

Time/Date: 1400; November 22nd, 111PA ~30 minutes have passed

Naliyah only gets a shrug when she asks about which world the two could hail from, implying Speakman doesn't honestly know before he leaves. Anna glances to the Shing when she questions the name. "Ah, Shroud. Shroud Mourner. Not sure he has a real name, but he's a pretty skilled Line Walker. Keeps to himself. "

The crew converses as to their best path forward as Sel and Victor talk shop on the sword Victor was gifted. Sel does an impressions read on the sword and finds that its last owner is alive and well, likely the instructor Victor mentioned, and that the weapon was specifically built to be a monster slayer with an eternally sharp blade. The blade is of some of the strongest materials and has been used by several in the past, though its exact history is unknown. She finds that the blade is extremely well-balanced and is a bastard sword, however no latent abilities activate in her test.

After some contemplating, the team comes up with a rather solid plan of action and make the final preparations they need to take off. Order of travel as it stands being Max with Victor and Mink in the Sky Wolf Helicopter as forward recon. Followed by Ecks and Brianna piloting the Mobile Hunter with Sel pulling the rear in Staci with Naliyah and the Doc. Max is able to run a solid sys-check on his helo, as well as Ecks for his Hunter.

Packing as much extra fuel, ammunition and equipment as they think they may need, the team has the day for last minute preparations before rolling out.

~Note: This is the last week you are in Merctown, I'm kicking you lot on after this, so any last minute reshuffling and planning be finalized. I'd like everyone's post ending with the boarding and going.
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Naliyah » Wed May 13, 2020 11:54 am

Perception: 1d100 = 63/48%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 82
JIC (20): 1d20 = 6

Victor Singer wrote:Finally, he sheathes the sword again and makes his way over to Brianna, Selenidaria, and Naliyah, "Hey ladies. So, I got this as a gift from my instructor when I graduated my demon hunter course. He didn't include any instructions, go figure. I don't suppose any of you could give me an idea of what it does. You know, other then using it for stabbing things and glowing purple.". He hands the sword over to whoever takes it.

Naliyah is about to speak up and offer to take a look, but sees Selenidaria take the sword, so she declines to proceed.

Looks like she's got it under control.

Selenidaria wrote:Sel turns to Bri and says "I've been thinking about what you had said all those months ago back in the tavern right after we got back, about enchanting something to keep in touch with someone you are not in radio range or setting up a specific radio frequency for others to leave messages on. The notion isn't ridiculous at all. The problem really the complexity of such devices. There is one spell that allows one person to send a message to someone else, but the range is roughly that of a short range radio for inexperienced mages. For a more seasoned spell cast such as myself, you can see the range of the spell reach out two to up to four times the range of a walkie talkie, but that's still well within the range of a long range radio. Of course you would also need to have at least met the individual in question at least one time in order to send them a message with the spell. Theoretically speaking, you could stand here and speak to someone on the other side of the world with a long distance radio such as a HAM radio, but effective ranges today are cut short due to the presence of magic and ley lines. To communicate beyond those ranges, you would have to work teleportation spells into a Techno-Wizard device, the simplest of which will only transport non-living objects. But what you are talking about, for others to send you a message while you are out of contact? Well we could leave a stationary device at HQ which could be linked to something that you carry with you, such as a computer terminal at the here at the hangar and a datapad for you to receive emails sent directly to it from the terminal. The biggest issue would be powering the device while no one is around. It's a shame that the hangar isn't on one of the ley lines so that I could tap into it for the purposes of powering TW devices..."

"I don't know anything about that, but there is another spell that has a much greater range than what you described. However, it's rare, and likely only learnable by people from my dimension... I could look into it if you like. It only works in the environment of outer space, but it is a basic spell for the type of magic involved, so it's possible it could be modified..." she says to Sel. (ooc: if GM says it can, that is...)

Thinking a bit more, she continues: "And, if one were clever, they could use the Calling spell as a means of brief communication... it's not truly intended for chatter, as it is one way - so the message would need to be brief... perhaps a sentence or so...but is fairly long range, at least. Longer range than Distance Voice, which I presume is the spell Sel was referring to. We used to use that on the Pride Worlds when separated by longer distances than Distant Voice would allow."

Naliyah shifts her weight and cocks her head curiously to the side as another thought occurs to her:"There is also a psychic device native to that dimension as well that allows telepathic communication with other telepaths at fairly long distances... 10 miles, or 20 miles if both telepaths are using the device. I myself have not developed that particular gift - yet - but who knows what the future holds? Anyhow, there is potential there, and I can look into it if you'd like...?" she says to Bri.

Perhaps we could make a journey to Center some time... she thinks to herself.

Ecks wrote:"So my thought is to have Victor and Minkowski with Max as forward observers. Brianna and myself will be in the mobile hunter, moving with Sel as she drives Staci. Naliyah, it's up to you where you want to be. I'd expect Staci may be more comfortable for you than the giant robot. Doc, it's up to you where you'd rather be. I think if we take small bites we should do ok and we'll have plenty of room for survivors and equipment."

"As you wish," she replies to Ecks. Naliyah knows Ecks is the leader of the group, and his judgment takes priority - even if she scoffs at the idea of taking all this heavy machinery everywhere they go. The seeming dependence on their various machines is disconcerting to the Shing, but she chalks it up as the others needing their machines to be secure.

It's just what these humanoids seem to do... magic is what you do... she tells herself.

"Were you able to put together a functional radio for me to use so I can communicate with the other members of the group on the airwaves?" she asks Ecks, as she has not heard back from him on that project yet.

Underguard wrote:Naliyah only gets a shrug when she asks about which world the two could hail from, implying Speakman doesn't honestly know before he leaves. Anna glances to the Shing when she questions the name. "Ah, Shroud. Shroud Mourner. Not sure he has a real name, but he's a pretty skilled Line Walker. Keeps to himself. "

The Shing nods at Speakman, satisifed that if the man doesn't know, the man doesn't know. Perhaps we will find out when we find them... she thinks to herself.

When Anna describes Shroud, Naliyah nods. "I see.. thank you for that. I'm still pretty new and don't know everyone," she says with a smile.

Underguard wrote:After some contemplating, the team comes up with a rather solid plan of action and make the final preparations they need to take off. Order of travel as it stands being Max with Victor and Mink in the Sky Wolf Helicopter as forward recon. Followed by Ecks and Brianna piloting the Mobile Hunter with Sel pulling the rear in Staci with Naliyah and the Doc. Max is able to run a solid sys-check on his helo, as well as Ecks for his Hunter.

Naliyah pipes up at the mention of recon: "If you 'forward recon' folks notice anything, remember that I've got an applicable skillset of my own that can be put to good use... a hunter's keen nose, the ability to see the invisible, skills in tracking, and so on... and an innate sensitivity to supernatural sources of good and evil, so I can provide ground confirmation if need be. Depending on how fast we're going, in fact, I may be able to pace alongside and provide some ground reconnaissance if you think it useful," she tells the group.

Not to mention I can go invisible at a moment's notice, if need be... she thinks.
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Ecks » Wed May 13, 2020 5:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 6/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 34

Ecks listens to the magic speak as an outsider. He instead tends to organizational matters, checking over equipment and making sure everything he can is up to par.

Nailyah asks about a comms device. He brings out one of the Wilks PRC-5s they have laying around and equips it with an ear bud. Fitting it to her head, he uses some malleable foam to fit it to her unique ear canal.

"Let's see how this works. I may work up a collar or harness of sometype so it doesn't have to sit in your ear, but this should do for now. How is everyone else doing?"
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Naliyah » Thu May 14, 2020 8:48 am

**rolls held**

Ecks wrote:Nailyah asks about a comms device. He brings out one of the Wilks PRC-5s they have laying around and equips it with an ear bud. Fitting it to her head, he uses some malleable foam to fit it to her unique ear canal.

"Let's see how this works. I may work up a collar or harness of sometype so it doesn't have to sit in your ear, but this should do for now. How is everyone else doing?"

Nali holds still to let Ecks fit the device, and then tests it, and rolls around a few times, doing some gymnastics and trying to dislodge it. When she is satisfied that it will hold in place, she thanks Ecks.

"That should do just fine, thank you!" she says happily.

Now we can coordinate well together... the last fight was... not so coordinated, to say the least... she thinks.

Then, a thought occurs: "Umm... what is the range of this device?" she asks. "Just in case we're separated, you know."

Naliyah knows from experience that this sort of thing can happen at times, and has magical contingencies for it, but this is mundane tech - not her area of specialty, to say the least.
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sat May 16, 2020 9:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 9 (88%)
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 26

Conditions

Brianna looks pleasantly surprised when Sel answers her question about a faster way of communicating, such as a text or email. ”That would be great!” Brianna replies with a grin. ”I have met them – it's the friend I wrote the letter to earlier. I'd like to look into this when we get back, if you're open to helping me.”

Brianna is even more excited when Naliyah comes up with a couple of other possibilities. Her grin widens and she nods, ”That would be great if you can do that. And if there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I don't really know anything about magic but I'm curious about it. I'll also ask Will.. I mean, my friend, what ideas he might have. He's a mage too.”

Ecks wrote:"So my thought is to have Victor and Minkowski with Max as forward observers. Brianna and myself will be in the mobile hunter, moving with Sel as she drives Staci. “

Brianna nods at Ecks and says, ”Sounds good!”

Making sure she has both Maia and Mesi, Brianna gathers the rest of her gear and waits for the rest of the team to be ready so they can head out.

Brianna Clarke

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Sun May 17, 2020 8:23 am

Perception: 1d100 = 69/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 69/1d20 = 14
Current Effects, Other:

After as full examination of the magic sword as Sel can think of, she returns it to Victor, hilt first showing that she understands proper blade etiquette. "This weapon was made with the intention of slaying monsters, and the blade will never dull, unlike you." Sel tells him with obvious sarcasm and a wink at the playful insult she gave him, hoping he understands she meant no ill will. Continuing on she states "The material it was made from is some of the strongest you can find and has been wielded by several others in the past, but it's exact history is unknown. The sword is extremely well balanced, but has no discernible latent abilities, or at the very least none that activated from me trying to apply some of my mystical energy into it."

When Naliyah speaks about rare specialized magic, Sel looks to Bri and says "Just so that you understand, I'm always talking about common invocations and rituals unless I state otherwise. That doesn't mean such spells are easy to find, but rather are the most common type of spell that the majority of spell casters know how to utilize. The differences between magics is largely academic as the energy to power them normally come from the same type of energy." Turning to Naliyah, she says "The spell I was talking about with a range similar to that of a walkie talkie was Calling. Distant Voice has a range similar to many energy rifles. What she is wanting is something that can communicate far beyond 20 miles, if I understand her correctly." When she has a question regarding the range of a walkie talkie, Sel tells her "The average range on many of them are between 2 and 5 miles, although some can reach further."

"I'm heading to the Collegiate Arcane to perform a ritual before we leave. If you need me, I'll have my radio on me." Sel announces. On her way to the Collegiate Arcane, she stops by a jewelry shop inside of the Pyramid Emporium to purchase two simple gold rings, each to fit on her index finger of both hands. When she arrives to the Collegiate Arcane, she pays to rent a room where she can conduct the ritual to create a Talisman twice to store Potential Psychic Energy in the rings. She takes her time as she has to draw on the power of the ley line the courses through the Mystic Quarter as she would not have enough mystic energy to power the spell by herself.
Selenidaria

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Sun May 17, 2020 5:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 25
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 26

Max hops up and heads to the hangar. Lets get this into gear He follows Victor as he starts gathering munitions.
"Hey man, Do yall have mini missles and rail gun ammo on site or do I have to get more. Sky Wolf is Solid Oxide so I dont worry about needing more fuel. I will probably not have this thing anymore when the fuel runs out. But plus side is more room for more ammo. Amen." He dances around a bit.
"But if you or Mink have any big door guns we can hook them into the power on the wolf. "

IF there is ammo in the hangar Max loads the chopper and starts his pre flight checklist.
If there is no ammo in the hangar he goes to Ecks and requests assistance in acquiring as much ammo as the Sky Wolf can carry.

He also sets up his flight plans and music playlists for what should be about a seven or eight hour flight.
Maximillian O'Malley

Postby Naliyah » Sun May 17, 2020 7:27 pm

**rolls held**

Brianna Clarke wrote:Brianna is even more excited when Naliyah comes up with a couple of other possibilities. Her grin widens and she nods, ”That would be great if you can do that. And if there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I don't really know anything about magic but I'm curious about it. I'll also ask Will.. I mean, my friend, what ideas he might have. He's a mage too.”

"Sounds good - I'll see what I can find out!" says the Shing to Bri with a smile.

What a pleasant humanoid! she thinks to herself.

Selenidaria wrote:When Naliyah speaks about rare specialized magic, Sel looks to Bri and says "Just so that you understand, I'm always talking about common invocations and rituals unless I state otherwise. That doesn't mean such spells are easy to find, but rather are the most common type of spell that the majority of spell casters know how to utilize. The differences between magics is largely academic as the energy to power them normally come from the same type of energy." Turning to Naliyah, she says "The spell I was talking about with a range similar to that of a walkie talkie was Calling. Distant Voice has a range similar to many energy rifles. What she is wanting is something that can communicate far beyond 20 miles, if I understand her correctly." When she has a question regarding the range of a walkie talkie, Sel tells her "The average range on many of them are between 2 and 5 miles, although some can reach further."

"I see. Thank you for the clarification," she says, her smile fading at Sel's tone.

Guess that'll teach me to speak up and try to be helpful. "Largely academic?" Really? Too bad they aren't all as pleasant as Bri... she thinks, and turns her attention to something, or someone, else.
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Mink » Sun May 17, 2020 8:00 pm

Perception: 68%/1d100 = 95
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 66

Mink helps Ecks with the modification on her suit, eager to help in any way she can.

----------------------------------------------------

When asked by Victor about her suit having a jetpack, she nods. "I guess you didn't notice it when we were in the ruins. Yeah, I have a jetpack wired into the suit. Winterized her before going last time too, actually. But in general I go for mobility. I want one of those stealth jet packs Coalition Commandos use. I got to see one during training in Ishpeming, and man, was it sweet. Our instructor was ex-CS and showed it to all of us that did well in the recon and intelligence courses. He actually used it in one of our tests. It's not totally silent, but it's basically puffs of air, not roars of jet fuel or electrical jet turbines. Stuff that can be explained away by the senses if you're not looking or listening too closely. I guess I could get magical flight. I'd love to get that magical flight Naliyah gave us int he fight though. I've never moved that fast on my own before." She looks over at Sel and the Shing. "You two should work together on that sometime. That would be one heck of a collaboration."

To Ecks she simply nods at his assignment and glances back to Victor and then to Naliyah as she pipes in. "Oh, have no fear, we'll sing out. If you ride with Sel or Max, you can watch the screens for when I feed in video feeds. I am not ashamed to say I was amused and amazed to watch that Sorceress get on the wrong end of your combat abilities."

----------------------------------------------------

In the hanger, Mink answers the mutant cat. "All of my weapons either don't require power or are already running through my suit. I just need a seat and safety hookup. As for the ammo, I know he has some, but you might want to go buy some more and see if you can store it in Sel's vehicle or with Ecks."
Image Image
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Naliyah » Sun May 17, 2020 8:41 pm

**rolls held**

Mink wrote:"I'd love to get that magical flight Naliyah gave us int he fight though. I've never moved that fast on my own before." She looks over at Sel and the Shing. "You two should work together on that sometime. That would be one heck of a collaboration."

Naliyah simply shrugs at the suggestion. "I don't know, maybe the Techno-Wizard could just figure it out on her own, hmm? I mean, since the differences are 'largely academic', after all..." she says with an edge to her voice and slight narrowing of her eyes at Sel.

Largely academic indeed... hmph! she thinks sourly.

Mink wrote:"Oh, have no fear, we'll sing out. If you ride with Sel or Max, you can watch the screens for when I feed in video feeds. I am not ashamed to say I was amused and amazed to watch that Sorceress get on the wrong end of your combat abilities."

The genuine compliment short-circuits Naliyah's annoyance and immediately puts the Shing in a better mood. "Thank you, Mink. That's quite kind of you to say. It's nice to be appreciated," she says sincerely. "How fast do you think we'll be moving, anyhow? I suppose it's probably best if I'm on the ground already, so I can quickly exit and take a look around if you guys spot anything from up high..." she says to Mink.

Another nice one... maybe I just need to get used to the way these humanoids communicate... maybe that's it she muses thoughtfully.
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Selenidaria » Mon May 18, 2020 11:30 am

(Rolls Held)

Naliyah wrote:
Mink wrote:"I'd love to get that magical flight Naliyah gave us int he fight though. I've never moved that fast on my own before." She looks over at Sel and the Shing. "You two should work together on that sometime. That would be one heck of a collaboration."

Naliyah simply shrugs at the suggestion. "I don't know, maybe the Techno-Wizard could just figure it out on her own, hmm? I mean, since the differences are 'largely academic', after all..." she says with an edge to her voice and slight narrowing of her eyes at Sel.

Largely academic indeed... hmph! she thinks sourly.

"Well, isn't that a little 'catty'! I'm sure that you are such a natural with magic that is flies out of rear end, the force of which propels you through the air!" Sel is initially taken aback by the magical cat's remark, the words of her reply flying from her mouth before a conscious thought can enter her mind. As soon as she speaks the words, a chill runs down her spine. Oh by the goddess! I sound just like him, just like my father! Sel breaks down sobbing, sliding down to the floor. She reaches up to the medallion that was gifted to her by the goddess Isis and quietly prays "Goddess Isis guide me with your light so that I might find my way back to my path through the darkness." Taking in a deep, steadying breathe, Sel slowly looks back to Naliyah and speaks once more to say "I am truly sorry for that outburst. I... guess I'm still more like my father than I care to admit. I was trying to explain to Bri that the differences between most of the branches of magic are largely academic, but that doesn't mean that spell casters who can cast general invocations can learn how to cast specialized magic without fully embracing that style of magic. On the other hand, many mages who can learn to cast specialized magic can also learn general invocations. Regardless, all spells utilize the same source of energy to be shaped. None of which that just covered takes into consideration creatures who instinctively know how to cast magic."
Selenidaria

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Naliyah » Mon May 18, 2020 11:57 am

**rolls held**

Selenidaria wrote:"Well, isn't that a little 'catty'! I'm sure that you are such a natural with magic that is flies out of rear end, the force of which propels you through the air!" Sel is initially taken aback by the magical cat's remark, the words of her reply flying from her mouth before a conscious thought can enter her mind. As soon as she speaks the words, a chill runs down her spine. Oh by the goddess! I sound just like him, just like my father! Sel breaks down sobbing, sliding down to the floor. She reaches up to the medallion that was gifted to her by the goddess Isis and quietly prays "Goddess Isis guide me with your light so that I might find my way back to my path through the darkness."

Naliyah begins to retort, but pauses to reconsider. Do I really want to engage in conflict with my own team member? And so soon? she thinks.

Then, when Sel breaks down, the Shing softens her face and watches with empathy. I must have said something that really "triggered" her, as these humanoids say... she thinks, and feels a bit guilty for doing so.

Selenidaria wrote:Taking in a deep, steadying breathe, Sel slowly looks back to Naliyah and speaks once more to say "I am truly sorry for that outburst. I... guess I'm still more like my father than I care to admit. I was trying to explain to Bri that the differences between most of the branches of magic are largely academic, but that doesn't mean that spell casters who can cast general invocations can learn how to cast specialized magic without fully embracing that style of magic. On the other hand, many mages who can learn to cast specialized magic can also learn general invocations. Regardless, all spells utilize the same source of energy to be shaped. None of which that just covered takes into consideration creatures who instinctively know how to cast magic."

When Sel mentions being like her father, Naliyah's own family-related pain begins to resurface. The loss of her cubs, the loss of her mate, Kodjo... and her own eyes begin to get misty before she forces the swelling emotions back down again. Save it, Nali... this isn't the time... she thinks to herself.

"I apologize for my part in causing you pain, or reminding you of painful memories. I did not intend for that to be the case. It just sounded to me as if my entire specialty and focus was being minimized and dismissed at first, that's all. I am still adjusting to how you humanoids think and phrase things..." she says, trailing off before gently wiping a tear from Sel's face with the back of her paw.

As Sel explains, Nalyah listens intently and nods. "That makes sense. I'd be honored to collaborate with you on a project - when we have the time. Truth be told, I'm hoping to formally study magic myself when we return from this excursion - focusing on both general theory and the temporal and dimensional spells that I intuitively know how to manifest now. Perhaps we can exchange information and see what comes of it then, hmm?" she says with a gentle smile.

"No harm, no foul" as these humans say... she thinks to herself.

"So..." she begins, shifting subjects, "tell me more about this 'Staci' I keep hearing you talk about. Where is she, anyhow... can I meet her? I feel like I've only met half the team or something," she says to Sel, completely serious and hilariously unaware that STCI is a vehicle rather than a person.
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Underguard » Mon May 18, 2020 4:22 pm

Time/Date: 1430; November 22nd, 111PA ~30 minutes have passed
Bri Psi Conditions: Normal, x1

Part One

Conversations happen as intended

Naliyah communicates with everyone and gets her earpiece from Ecks. Sel explains the sword to Victor then heads to the Collegiate to fashion two ppe batteries in the shape of a pair or rings, which takes her a little under twenty minutes after getting a private room.

While Sel is away, Max takes stock and finds a complete lack of mini-missiles in the armory. Mink notes that it would be simple to go acquire them and potentially a trailer for STCI to pull with extra munitions should Ecks and Bri be okay with the additional expenditure.

With all else taken care of, once the acquisition of munitions and the trailer is approved or denied, everyone is set to depart.

This is essentially a mini-post. In this post, please confirm which vehicle you'll be in, and I need Ecks/Bri to confirm/Deny the munitions/trailer request (see hangouts) and how many they are willing to purchase. It doesn't need a roll or anything, just however much is desired.

Otherwise, feel free to actively continue to interact with each other. If I get confirmation on the acquisition before Thursday, I will kick you off with a larger, more detailed post.
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Victor Singer » Wed May 20, 2020 12:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 92% (56% base, +5% more from NG-X67, +25% involving demons & monsters)
JIC: 1d100 = 1

Selenidaria wrote:After as full examination of the magic sword as Sel can think of, she returns it to Victor, hilt first showing that she understands proper blade etiquette. "This weapon was made with the intention of slaying monsters, and the blade will never dull, unlike you." Sel tells him with obvious sarcasm and a wink at the playful insult she gave him, hoping he understands she meant no ill will. Continuing on she states "The material it was made from is some of the strongest you can find and has been wielded by several others in the past, but it's exact history is unknown. The sword is extremely well balanced, but has no discernible latent abilities, or at the very least none that activated from me trying to apply some of my mystical energy into it."

Victor slides the sword back into it's scabbard when Sel hands it back to him saying, "Oh, haha. Very funny.", Victor smiles at the jab, "Ok so, good for stabbing monsters and I won't need to take a whet stone too it. Cool. Thanks for the help!". Victor loops the scabbards frog through the CAF's belt on left side of the Prophet before getting into his power armor and testing to make sure he can reach the hilt.

Maximillian O'Malley wrote:Max hops up and heads to the hangar. Lets get this into gear He follows Victor as he starts gathering munitions.

"Hey man, Do yall have mini missles and rail gun ammo on site or do I have to get more. Sky Wolf is Solid Oxide so I dont worry about needing more fuel. I will probably not have this thing anymore when the fuel runs out. But plus side is more room for more ammo. Amen." He dances around a bit.
"But if you or Mink have any big door guns we can hook them into the power on the wolf. "

Victor stops and thinks for a moment, "Uh, I don't think we have any missiles or rail gun rounds stockpiled at all. You'll have to buy some, check with Ecks first though. He might let you cover the cost with unit funds. As for fuel, if the Skywolf takes the standard size Solid-Ox cells, I have several spares. In fact, I forgot to bring an extra one along for my suit. Hold on and I'll grab a couple extra's for you too. Wait...your helo takes the heavy cells. Sorry, looks like we need to buy you some.", Victor leaves the gear he has setting next to the Skywolf and heads back to his room at a jog to and grabs 2 Solid-Ox cells and brings them down to the hangar. "Ok, now I have everything.". When Max mentions big guns, Victor points to the his power armor, "Well, I have a modified TX-17 that has longer range then normal and one of those prototype KLS rail guns. So no need for power on my end. I don't think Mink has any heavy weapons for her suit though. She prefers stealth over firepower I think.".

Mink wrote:When asked by Victor about her suit having a jetpack, she nods. [b]"I guess you didn't notice it when we were in the ruins. Yeah, I have a jetpack wired into the suit. Winterized her before going last time too, actually. But in general I go for mobility. I want one of those stealth jet packs Coalition Commandos use. I got to see one during training in Ishpeming, and man, was it sweet. Our instructor was ex-CS and showed it to all of us that did well in the recon and intelligence courses. He actually used it in one of our tests. It's not totally silent, but it's basically puffs of air, not roars of jet fuel or electrical jet turbines. Stuff that can be explained away by the senses if you're not looking or listening too closely. I guess I could get magical flight. I'd love to get that magical flight Naliyah gave us int he fight though. I've never moved that fast on my own before." She looks over at Sel and the Shing. "You two should work together on that sometime. That would be one heck of a collaboration."

Victor nods, "Jet packs aren't my field. But a stealth jet pack does sound cool. Speaking of, I got Sel to add one of her techno-wizard mods to the Prophet that should allow me to sneak around inside it now.". When Mink brings up Naliyah's spell Victor thinks back to that battle, "You know, I nearly forgot about that. It's what inspires me to add a Naruni brand jet pack to my suit in the first place. Hmmm, now if we could get her and Sel to make that spell into a T-W modification, that would be epic!".

Victor finishes loading up his extra gear into the Skywolf, stashing stuff like the Solid-Ox cells and other non-essentials behind or under the gear and ammo he might need to get too in a hurry. Once he is satisfied with that Victor climbs into his power suit and does a full systems check on sensors, targeting systems, and weapons. And then he does it again while waiting for AAPS' departure.

{Skill Rolls}
Pilot: Robots & Power Armor 94% / 1d100 = 46
Pilot: Robots & Power Armor 94% / 1d100 = 79
Read Sensory Equipment 65% / 1d100 = 87
Read Sensory Equipment 65% / 1d100 = 70
Weapon Systems 85% / 1d100 = 23
Weapon Systems 85% / 1d100 = 71
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Fri May 22, 2020 6:26 am

Perception: 1d100 = 45/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 61

Ecks agrees that a trailer would be a good idea. "Northern Gun has a few. I'd also like us to invest in medical supplies and purchase two extra generators to carry in the trailer as well and bring some of our extra laser rifles and e clips." he says, placing the idea up for vote among the members of AAPS. "Coming back from Madhaven reminded me that we have the opportunity to help while we are busy makin' moolah. If we're going to bring a trailer anyhow, I'd like to make the most with it. I might also give us barter options in places that don't deal with regular money. I'd recommend we buy two and tow them in tandem. I'd get a regular cargo trail and the Adventurer. Both APT's. What do you guys think?"

The trip back reminded him of stories his parents told when they were operators, traveling the wilderness. It definitely had more purpose than being a hired gun.

"As far as missiles go, our charter stands at the company paying for half the cost of missiles. Mainly to encourage judicious use the expensive buggers." Ecks adds.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Fri May 22, 2020 4:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 68
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 25

Max loads everything the group brings him. Extra ammo, extra fuel. Exrta of all other gear. He secures everything with straps and tie downs. Max keeps a tidy ship. He does a thorough check of the exterior and the rotors, then engine and function checks on the guns. He sings to himself as he goes.
"Rotors are shiny and new. Engine is good to the last screw. Rail gun is ready, missiles are steady. Lets get this fire this up."
He climbs in the cockpit and straps himself in. Turns the motor over and gets the Sky Wolf turning.
"ALL ABOARD!"

Max waits for his passengers and gets his bearings and heads East.
Maximillian O'Malley

Postby Brianna Clarke » Fri May 22, 2020 5:31 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 15 (88%)
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 56

Conditions

Brianna looks a little disappointed when Sel lectures her and Naliyah about magic. ”Oh, ok.” She forces a pleasant look on her face when she nods at Mink's comment. ”I really like that! I got to fly! And not in an airplane!” Brianna is worried when Naliyah gets a little testy with Sel and then is alarmed when Sel starts crying. What just happened? She doesn't interfere when Naliyah seems to be handling it well. Brianna doesn't correct her on Naliyah on what STACI is, letting Sel answer that question.

Once the time comes to head out, Brianna heads to the mobile hunter and waits for Ecks, getting ready for departure.

Brianna Clarke

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Naliyah » Fri May 22, 2020 10:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 11/48%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 46
JIC (20): 1d20 = 8

Underguard wrote:
Time/Date: 1430; November 22nd, 111PA ~30 minutes have passed

Part One

Conversations happen as intended

With all else taken care of, once the acquisition of munitions and the trailer is approved or denied, everyone is set to depart.

Maximillian O'Malley wrote:Max loads everything the group brings him. Extra ammo, extra fuel. Exrta of all other gear. He secures everything with straps and tie downs. Max keeps a tidy ship. He does a thorough check of the exterior and the rotors, then engine and function checks on the guns. He sings to himself as he goes.
"Rotors are shiny and new. Engine is good to the last screw. Rail gun is ready, missiles are steady. Lets get this fire this up."
He climbs in the cockpit and straps himself in. Turns the motor over and gets the Sky Wolf turning.
"ALL ABOARD!"

Max waits for his passengers and gets his bearings and heads East.

Briana wrote:Once the time comes to head out, Brianna heads to the mobile hunter and waits for Ecks, getting ready for departure.

I guess that's my cue... thinks the Shing as everyone prepares to depart.

She watches these humanoids with all their technological marvels acquire and load literally tons upon tons of gear, baffled at the need for it all. I wonder if I'll ever understand these humanoids... she thinks to herself, and then sthrugs.

"Where do I go?" she asks out loud to no one in particular when all the others seem to somehow know their places.
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Ecks » Sat May 23, 2020 5:12 pm

((rolls carried))

Ecks climbs into the mobile hunter and stows his gear as Brianna preps the giant robot. "Well, as much as I've enjoyed the downtime, I'll be glad to head back out."

He checks in on the weapons systems and radars. "Everything looks good here. Let's head out."

Ecks opens up the radio channel and sets the day's first destination. "Alright we're making for the far side of Kentucky lake before nightfall. There should still be a decent sized village there we can rest at if we want to. Now let's see what fun we have before then."

He turns to Brianna and asks, "You wanna drive for a while? I'll handle navigation if you do."

As the team moves out on eastward roads, Ecks keeps the hatch open for a while. "I'll take the view while we can get it." he says, watching the country side roll by.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Underguard » Tue May 26, 2020 3:29 pm

Time/Date: 1500; November 22nd, 111PA ~30 minutes have passed

Part Two, Finalized.

Victor secures his sword on the Prophet then jumps in and checks accessibility of the blade. Setting the Prophet near the Skywolf, he grabs some last minute things from his room. Returning to the Prophet, he secures his equipment and jumps in, running a full system check and finding no faults.

Ecks endorses the Trailer idea for STCI, if not two, while Max finishes his check on the Skywolf and readies it for takeoff. He and Bri climb into the Mobile Hunter and ready it for takeoff.

Max, along with Mink and Victor, jump into the Skywolf as it readies for takeoff. Sel readies STCI, with the approved trailers and munitions, along with Naliyah and Quinn. The troop is ready to depart by 1500.

Time/Date: 1830; November 22nd, 111PA ~3.5 hours have passed
Conditions: Dark, cloudy skies. Sunlight lost behind them.
Bri Psi Conditions: Enhanced

Map
Travel Path 1.jpg
Follow the purple line

Leaving Merctown, the group has a couple solid hours before night begins to fall. Traveling around 65 miles per hour, at a comfortable speed for the Mobile Hunter. The Skywolf is several miles ahead though still visible and several hundred feet in the air as it travels comfortably ahead of the two ground vehicles. Both Mink and Victor can see beautiful countryside along the Federation of Magic, that is, until they get closer to the fabled Kingdom of Brass. It takes them a little over an hour to find themselves in that vicinity, and the plains become littered with small communities averaging several miles apart. Those in the Skywolf don't see anything of note in those smaller towns as the Mobile Hunter and STCI roar past it. Most of the group has heard many fables about the Kingdom of Brass and it's communities of relative evil beings.

About an hour and a half in, detouring to avoid going through the town itself, the group passes by a community that several recognize as Shadowvillage. All but the new arrival to the planet, Naliyah, have heard the rumors out of this town, and Mink knows if there was ever an example of a city that shows why the Coalition hates magic, this would be a prime example as a dark and vile community. Continuing on, again, there seems no signs of interest from the nearby communities and their roaring vehicles.

Night begins to fall, and it is cold, and everyone can tell. There isn't any snowfall or the like, but the winter time wind is biting and the skies are darkening quickly. Hues of Ley Lines can be seen miles away as the group as they leave the borders of the Kingdom of Brass and find themselves about fifty miles off the corner of the Dinosaur Swamplands and the rumored Shemarrian Nation. Another few hundred miles will get them to the coastline.

The tactically minded of the group such as Victor, Mink and Ecks note that traveling in foreign territories at night is risky, largely because of the complete unknown of what truly occupies these areas. They have passed a few small communities outside of the Kingdom of Brass territory, but currently do not see any on the maps. With the sensors and scope that the crew has at their disposal, it is possible to continue traveling with relative security.
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Victor Singer » Thu May 28, 2020 6:04 am

Perception: 1d100 = 39% (56% base, +5% more from NG-X67, +25% involving demons & monsters)
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 2

At his door gunner position Victor keeps the TX-17 in hand during the flight. With night falling now, he switches on his suits night-vision and sets one of the helmet cameras to thermal imaging. Getting on the radio he asks Ecks, "Hey boss, are we going to keep on going or do you want use to find a place to camp out for the night? Personally, I don't think we should head into Shemarrian territory at night. Your call though.".

{Skill Rolls}
Read Sensory Equipment 90% / 1d100 = 40%
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sat May 30, 2020 12:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 61 (88%)
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 99

Pilot Robot and Power Armour 1d100 = 6, 1d100 = 15 59%

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 36/36 (2x/Enhanced)

He turns to Brianna and asks, "You wanna drive for a while? I'll handle navigation if you do."

Brianna nods at Ecks and says, ”Sure sounds good.” Ecks can tell Brianna is a little nervous still about driving, but Brianna realizes that the best way to get over being nervous would be to practice as much as possible. She grins. ”Let me know if I'm about to scuff the sides.

As the team moves out on eastward roads, Ecks keeps the hatch open for a while. "I'll take the view while we can get it." he says, watching the country side roll by.

Brianna nods. ”Good idea.” She tries to admire the scenery as much as she can, so long as it doesn't distract her from driving.

Victor wrote:"Hey boss, are we going to keep on going or do you want use to find a place to camp out for the night? Personally, I don't think we should head into Shemarrian territory at night. Your call though."

Brianna looks over at Ecks. "He might be right. I don't know enough about Shemarrian territory to contribute. What do you think?”

Brianna Clarke

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Sun May 31, 2020 11:05 am

Perception: 1d100 = 9/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 72/1d20 = 20
Current Effects, Other:

When Naliyah asks Sel about Staci, Sel begins to talk rapidly, non-stop for the next 10 minutes strait about how she found and fixed her up while still working under her old mentor and all of the TW mods she'd like to make to Staci. After that, she goes to the Collegiate Arcane to perform the rituals she'd been wanting to do. Upon returning, she and Ecks will drive to the NG showroom to purchase the two trailers and get them hooked to Staci. When they go back to the hangar, Sel loads up both Chip and Jonathan into the back of Staci as they were the only major pieces of equipment of hers not already loaded up. "Sel and Staci are ready to roll on your command, boss!" Sel cheerfully says over the radio. Sitting in the driver seat wearing her leaf poncho and her medallion under that with her Skorblade and Magefire Bolt Rifle hooked to the back of the seat, Sel carefully drives Staci with the two trailers attached as the leave MercTown. (Pilot: Tanks/APC's 1d100 = 86/63%)

When Naliyah asks where she can go, Sel tells her "You can ride in the cockpit with me, or you can ride on top of Staci. Or you can ride in the helicopter if there is room and you want." When Victor asks about finding a place to camp for the night, Sel voices her opinion. "That would probably be for the best as traveling at night is going to be slower down on the ground, and we are going to have to sleep at some point. Max, have you been keeping your eyes peeled for a good place to set down your helo?"
Selenidaria

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Naliyah » Sun May 31, 2020 11:12 am

Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 11/48%
JIC (100): Original post: 1d100 = 46
JIC (20): Original post: 1d20 = 8

Selenidaria wrote:When Naliyah asks Sel about Staci, Sel begins to talk rapidly, non-stop for the next 10 minutes strait about how she found and fixed her up while still working under her old mentor and all of the TW mods she'd like to make to Staci.

The Shing is initially confused when Sel keeps referring to finding and fixing up whomever this "STACI" person is, but it eventually dawns upon her that Sel is talking about her vehicle. She barely suppresses a grin as she realizes the joke is on her for assuming otherwise.

Selenidaria wrote:When Naliyah asks where she can go, Sel tells her "You can ride in the cockpit with me, or you can ride on top of Staci. Or you can ride in the helicopter if there is room and you want." When Victor asks about finding a place to camp for the night, Sel voices her opinion. "That would probably be for the best as traveling at night is going to be slower down on the ground, and we are going to have to sleep at some point. Max, have you been keeping your eyes peeled for a good place to set down your helo?"

Underguard wrote:
Time/Date: 1830; November 22nd, 111PA ~3.5 hours have passed
Conditions: Dark, cloudy skies. Sunlight lost behind them.
Bri Psi Conditions: Enhanced

Map
Travel Path 1.jpg

Leaving Merctown, the group has a couple solid hours before night begins to fall. Traveling around 65 miles per hour, at a comfortable speed for the Mobile Hunter. The Skywolf is several miles ahead though still visible and several hundred feet in the air as it travels comfortably ahead of the two ground vehicles. Both Mink and Victor can see beautiful countryside along the Federation of Magic, that is, until they get closer to the fabled Kingdom of Brass. It takes them a little over an hour to find themselves in that vicinity, and the plains become littered with small communities averaging several miles apart. Those in the Skywolf don't see anything of note in those smaller towns as the Mobile Hunter and STCI roar past it. Most of the group has heard many fables about the Kingdom of Brass and it's communities of relative evil beings.

About an hour and a half in, detouring to avoid going through the town itself, the group passes by a community that several recognize as Shadowvillage. All but the new arrival to the planet, Naliyah, have heard the rumors out of this town, and Mink knows if there was ever an example of a city that shows why the Coalition hates magic, this would be a prime example as a dark and vile community. Continuing on, again, there seems no signs of interest from the nearby communities and their roaring vehicles.

Night begins to fall, and it is cold, and everyone can tell. There isn't any snowfall or the like, but the winter time wind is biting and the skies are darkening quickly. Hues of Ley Lines can be seen miles away as the group as they leave the borders of the Kingdom of Brass and find themselves about fifty miles off the corner of the Dinosaur Swamplands and the rumored Shemarrian Nation. Another few hundred miles will get them to the coastline.

The tactically minded of the group such as Victor, Mink and Ecks note that traveling in foreign territories at night is risky, largely because of the complete unknown of what truly occupies these areas. They have passed a few small communities outside of the Kingdom of Brass territory, but currently do not see any on the maps. With the sensors and scope that the crew has at their disposal, it is possible to continue traveling with relative security.

Naliyah opts to ride on top of STCI, preferring not to be confined when possible. She initially looks out at the passing terrain, but quickly gets bored and dozes off most of the time, waking to stretch her legs as the terrain permits.

Not the most interesting way to travel, but I suppose it gets these humanoids where they need to go, and carries all their equipment and technological toys around, so... who am I to complain? I'm in their world, not the other way around...

She nods off for a while, the vibration of STCI hypnotically luring her to sleep... and then, some time later, wakes. She stretches as cats are wont to do, and yawns while looking around. Nightfall is coming, and although it is a bit chilly by human standards, Naliyah has nothing to be concerned about as her fur protects her from the elements for the time being. She hears the chatter on the radio:

Victor Singer wrote:Getting on the radio he asks Ecks, "Hey boss, are we going to keep on going or do you want use to find a place to camp out for the night? Personally, I don't think we should head into Shemarrian territory at night. Your call though.".

Her thoughts turn to the Shemarrians she has heard about (and that Victor inexplicably knows so much about). He never did tell me how he knew so much about them... I wonder if it has to with some training he received? she wonders.

"Are we already there? It's only been around three or four hours, right? I didn't think we were that close to it..." she replies over the radio.
Naliyah
Current Status

Always On:
  • Sixth Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Naliyah

Postby Mink » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:35 pm

Perception: 68% (93% vs magic lore, demon/monster lore, and psychic lore items if lores are successful)/1d100 = 61 - SUCCESS
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 74

Mink spends the trip with her air supply on filtration mode, and a good portion of her time in Federation Territory on high alert. She actually visibly relaxes once they are out of known Federation regions. At Victor's suggestion, she keys her mic. "I'd agree actually. I think there's a decent clearing up ahead, but we'll need to recon it on the ground. If you want us to, Victor and I can dismount and move ahead to confirm before bringing in all the heavy equipment, maybe Naliyah can assist us. She looks to have had a good cat nap up there on Staci." You can almost hear the friendly but mischievous smile in her voice. "How about it Naliyah, full of energy and ready to run?"

Rolls to scout
Jet Packs 82%/1d100 = 34 - To dismount with grace - SUCCESS
Wilderness Survival 80%/1d100 = 53 - to make her way through the woods to a decent landing zone without cause too much fuss. - SUCCESS
Prowl 75%/1d100 = 7 - to make her way through the woods to a decent landing zone without cause too much fuss. - CRITICAL SUCCESS
Intelligence 82%/1d100 = 45 - to avoid any pitfalls, such as missing signs of territory claims, etc. - SUCCESS
Tracking: People 70%/1d100 = 83 - Make sure no one has been this way - FAIL
Lore: Demons & Monsters 80%/1d100 = 31 - So as not to miss any signs of monsters in the area. - SUCCESS
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge 75%/1d100 = 18 - So as not to miss any signs of magical phenomena. - SUCCESS
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 100%/1d100 = 1 - So as not to miss any signs of psychic phenomena. - CRITICAL SUCCESS
Image Image
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Next

Return to AA Professional Services