Episode 12: Destination Chandrakant

In the distant reaches of the Milky Way Galaxy, a race teeters on the brink of extinction as it is pursued by the relentless Atorian Empire. [Adventure forum.]

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:23 am

Perception: 1d20 = 6

JIC: 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 76

Nova wrote:"Good job, men. CJ, let me know if you find anything worth while. Crash, Brainiac, give the man a hand. Pops, thanks for the aerial. Backlash, keep it trained on these two."


Niall nods, deeply untrusting of the aliens. "Roger." Reeaally don't want to take my eyes off these two... but, we do have them outgunned. Still, I don't like this situation.

Niall moves to the robot wreckage and begins poking through it, to see if there's anything salvageable (even broken things, which he can repair later using his power).

Analyze and Operate Devices ☞ 84% 1d100 = 23 (SUCCESS)
Field Armorer ☞ 60% 1d100 = 6 (SUCCESS)
Electrical Engineer ☞ 60% 1d100 = 49 (SUCCESS)
Mechanical Engineer ☞ 50% 1d100 = 14 (SUCCESS)
Weapons Engineer ☞ 45% 1d100 = 41 (SUCCESS)
Robot Mechanics ☞ 45% 1d100 = 25 (SUCCESS)
Robot Electronics ☞ 50% 1d100 = 4 (SUCCESS)

He is also concerned about the possibility of surveillance hardware hidden in the robots, that might track us if we bring any components with us, and thinks back to try to remember what those might look like, or be disguised as, and try to weed those items out.

Intelligence ☞ 50% 1d100 = 68 (FAIL)

As he roots through the wreckage, he listens to the question-and-answer session with the prisoners.

icky bug-thing wrote:"My colleagues and I have been conducting surveys of the local flora and fauna on this planet for some weeks. The recent behavior of the predatory reptilian species is most peculiar. The smaller pack-hunting raptors, being the opportunists that they are, were the only ones behaving normally. The rest seemed to be triggered into a flight or fight response by some external agent or occurrence. This is the first occasion in which such behavior has been recorded and requires further study. We certainly did nothing to provoke this response from the native species. Oh, and no, I have no idea who you are, but thank you for saving the Decanus and I from what would have been a horrible fate."


Niall frowns. He pulls out his datapad and sends a text message to everyone: "He's pretty well-spoken for a slave. That marker on his forehead indicates he's a slave to the Atorians."

He continues rooting through the wreckage, and tries to think if he knows anything about the Decanus.

Lore: Alien ☞ 40% 1d100 = 89 (FAIL)
Intelligence ☞ 50% 1d100 = 92 (FAIL)
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:51 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 13 1d100 = 98

Halko points his arms at the two Atorian flunkies, sighing down his arms as best he can without any of his targeting computers of sensor suites working.

All in all, Halko keeps quiet and watch the two possible enemies for any signs of aggression. His fingers hover over the trigger, ready to spray the two with railgun fire if they show any kind of aggression.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:42 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 17 +3 vs tech, +5 vs touch
JIC: 1d20 = 31d100 = 83

"Intressant. Var är resten av dina kollegor? Ta oss till dem. Jag antar farkosten kretsar runt denna planet tillhör dig då? Och varför ... Decanus inte tala för sig själv? Nova keeps his gaze through his helmet focused on the Decanus and their seemingly standoffish body language. "Har han vill förolämpa?" (Interrogation: 1d100 = 59/70% - PASS; Language: Les Iban: 1d100 = 66/90% - PASS)

"Interesting. Where are the rest of your colleagues? Take us to them. I assume the craft orbiting around this planet belongs to you then? And why does the...Decanus not speak for himself? Does he wish to offend?"
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:56 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception[+2]: Invalid dice code!
JIC D20: Invalid dice code!
JIC D100: Invalid dice code!

Conditions: Merged to War Dog PA

Salvage [45%]: Invalid dice code! -- Lookin for robot parts with potential, since we might have better luck double-checking with a successful roll ...


Cairo looks sideways for a second at Ryden as Nova's interview continues, not that the helmet of a Wardog is expressive or anything, **M'kay when we get on the move again, I need to get ahold of the translation program he referenced. Right now I'm just waiting for someone to pull a gun before reacting ... Crash says the Bug is a slave? A slave with the proportionate strength of an Arismal-sized bug, assuming scaling of ... nevermind. Nova's not raising his voice or anything so, I guess nothing alarming yet.**

CJ will fire a 2nd text at Brainiac -- Please upload the Language Translator Program to my War-Dog once we are on the move. Thank you, CJ. --
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:16 pm

"We've got something jostling the foliage about 1200 feet to the northeast. Unless we've got a pressing reason to stay, I suggest we keep moving." Gyn double-checks the readiness of his weapon and keeps a nervous eye peeled for more movement around them. He doesn't see any more motion from the spot where he previously noticed it.

Cairo looks for any intact robot heads in the hope that some portion of their AI hardware might be recovered for the team project, and finds two that might be salvageable. He then taps his team frequency live, "Is their camp back the way they came from? Or are they headed to a rendezvous? ... Doesn't look like there's a whole lot of tech we can salvage. Might be a couple little things, steaks on the other hand? I betcha 2 tons of meat would be welcome back at Fleet if it won't poison ya ... Maybe I should handle covering out 'guests' and Zeddeus umm Crash can get Backlash's systems back up to 100% though?" As he's poking around the array of biological and technological remains, he manages to extricate a few really big incisors from one dead reptile.

Niall joins Cairo in surveying wreckage and begins poking through it, to see if there's anything salvageable. He finds quite a bit that his fellow Arismal missed. Overhearing the discussion, Niall pulls out his datapad and sends a text message to everyone: "He's pretty well-spoken for a slave. That marker on his forehead indicates he's a slave to the Atorians." He can't think o anything regarding "Decanus."

In total, the pair manage to find:
Code: Select all
[b]Robot Salvage[/b]
[u]S.D.C. by location:[/u]
Heads (2) - 60 each
Arms (5) - 40 each
Legs (2) - 55 each
Main Bodies (1) - 215/[color=#FF0000]15[/color] [size=85](All sensors and sensitive systems are located in the chest cavity.)[/size]

[b]Atorian Ion Blaster[/b]
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e371/masterriftsgm/Weapons/Atorian-Ion-Blaster.png[/img]
[size=85]• Range: 480'
• Damage: 5D6+2
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 12 shots per E-clip[/size]

The material condition of each segment will have to be determined through proper test-benching before greater conclusions as to the utility of each can be drawn.

Halko keeps quiet and watches the two prisoners for any signs of aggression.

Nova continues to speak to the pair in their native tongue, "Interesting. Where are the rest of your colleagues? Take us to them. I assume the craft orbiting around this planet belongs to you then? And why does the...Decanus not speak for himself? Does he wish to offend?"

The insectoid responds fitfully. "I don't know where the other survey teams are located. Our larger gear was destroyed when the beasts began their stampede or whatever this was, but yes, the Vikelter in orbit is the ship to which we are attached." The insectoid gets a quick look from the helmeted "Decanus" at which point the insectoid quickly adds, "I...I think I've already said too much." He casts his eyes downward in submission.

Ryden receives a text-only message from Cairo: Please upload the Language Translator Program to my War-Dog once we are on the move. Thank you, CJ. Thirty seconds later, a "patching" icon appears in the upper left of CJ's HUD, and another thirty seconds later he catches the last three words of the insectoid's speech translated to Arismal.

What are your intentions?
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:29 pm

Perception[+2]: 1d20+2 = 22
JIC D20: 1d20 = 16
JIC D100: 1d100 = 99

Conditions: Merged to War Dog PA

CJ will leave his PAs audio recording, then back it up to run the discussion so far through his new Translation program, **Ok well it looks like enough to refabricate 1 full Bot here ... Let's see ... What colleagues? and What kind of Testing? ... If they've been here for weeks, their testing results might be useful and tell us more about what useful resources there are on this rock, and maybe we could wipe records from their databases ... or input some false data that'll keep them away, unstable sun or something bad that they might not be able to detect as false from long range, but wouldn't really want to come check ... Vikelter, the City-ship-thingy is a(?) is it the(?) Vikelter, is that the Name? or is that another word for like a Capital-Class Overcompensation for Deficiencies? If these guys had 'larger stuff' that got destroyed in a stampede back in the direction they were fleeing from, there might be more useful salvage over that way ... Then again we certainly don't want to be seen as gathering up their trash ... **

Now up-to speed and sans-orders CJ doesn't want to pick up all the Robot parts ... really he has nowhere to stow them, but they can be collected later if they are out of the way (of scavengers who will probably come for all this meat). He'll toss stuff absently into a pile then walk over to the head of the Giant lizard and pull a 1/2 dozen teeth, which CJ shoves into a bag/compartment.

**Too bad we don't have a bit more privacy, I'd love to try and Merge with the Bot and see if anything was still functional, or butcher a couple of the Lizards, or if we had a portal set maybe, 10 miles back, pop a short distance to barbecue and stash ... As is, I don't want to get out of the War Dog. A couple of us could investigate the Northeast disturbance, I'd love to take over for Halko so he could reboot but I can't undermine Nova by giving conflicting orders. Hell ... maybe Nova could use some damn privacy, joint questioning may not be the way to go if the Bug wants to say more but can't. Maybe Nova should march the Bug out 300 yards so they are separated.** CJ will hop lightly up to the Boulder so he can target the Atorians unobtrusively (i.e. from a distance & not by sighting down his arms like Halko has to do).

"Salvage review complete."

The PA Pilot will sweep the area periodically for any potential dangers but otherwise await orders.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:24 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 2 +3 vs tech, +5 vs touch
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 88%

Nova spends a moment sizing up the insect and the Decanus. He is obviously the one in charge. Why does he insist on speaking through his subordinate? He excuses himself momentarily to talk to his men in Arismal via radio. "You're right. The bug is a slave. And apparently the man in charge finds it beneath him to speak to us. I'm going to have them take us to their base camp. Maybe we can get some answers there. Crash, take the time to fix Backlash's War Dog. We might need it. Get the salvage back to the Bait and Switch ASAP." Nova opens a gateway between the site of the last battle and the Bait and Switch. He quickly steps through it and heads into the middle of the lower deck of the Bait and Switch. Creating another gateway there, he travels back to the site of the battle. "Easy loading. Let's get it done."

Turning his attention back to the Atorian duo, he says "Vänta här medan vi avslutar. Du kommer nu att ta oss till ditt läger. På vägen till ditt läger, kommer du berätta om ditt skepp i omloppsbana."* (Language: Les Iban: 1d100 = 56/90% - PASS)

Once the rest of the team has everything they need, Nova will set up the marching order thusly. Halko, Pops, CJ and Crash will all walk next to and around the Atorian Decanus 75 feet in front of Nova and Brainiac who will continue to talk to the Bug without the influence of his boss. If the Decanus insists that he not be separated from the Bug or vice versa, Nova will says "Detta var inte ett förslag. Ytterligare motstånd kommer att sluta i fula resultat.**" (Language: Les Iban: 1d100 = 71/90% - PASS, Interrogation: 1d100 = 23 - PASS1d100 = 76 - FAIL1d100 = 89 - FAIL/64% - to get the bug to talk)

*:"Wait here while we finish. You will now take us to your camp. On the way to your camp, you will tell me about your ship in orbit."
**:"This was not a suggestion. Further resistance will end in ugly results."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:35 am

Perception: 1d20 = 18

JIC: 1d20 = 13
1d100 = 42

Niall helps shift the unusable debris out of the way as he gets the radio from Nova.

Nova wrote:"You're right. The bug is a slave. And apparently the man in charge finds it beneath him to speak to us. I'm going to have them take us to their base camp. Maybe we can get some answers there. Crash, take the time to fix Backlash's War Dog. We might need it. Get the salvage back to the Bait and Switch ASAP."


Niall nods. "Roger that." He helps Cairo move the salvage through Nova's newly-opened portals onto the Bait and Switch, taking smaller components like limbs and leaving the heavy lifting to Cairo in his PA. I hope this stuff isn't bugged.

Once aboard the Bait and Switch, Niall takes a moment to send a text to Ryden's PA. When you get a chance, please check the Bait and Switch for unauthorized outgoing signals. Still not sure about this salvage. He then makes sure each piece of salvage is properly locked down to cargo clamps in the cargo hold.

Niall returns through Nova's portal, and hunkers down next to Backlash's War Dog, unclipping and opening his electronic toolkit. "I am going to have to reboot your PA. This won't hurt much," he smirks.

He opens the access panel to Halko's PA, and begins to reboot the system.

Computer Repair ☞ 45% 1d100 = 92 (FAIL) Niall sighs heavily and slumps. "This might take a bit."
Computer Repair ☞ 45% 1d100 = 17 (SUCCESS)

Niall nods in satisfaction as the system reboots. "That should do it. Run a systems check and see if you're fully operational. I'll stand by to fix anything that comes up."

(Assuming it's fully fixed)
Once the War Dog is operational, Niall takes his position flanking the bug and the Decanus. He keeps on hand resting on the pommel of his sword and the other hand swinging free, ready to power up and blast the Decanus in the back of his alien skull. He has a lump in his throat as they march to the alien camp. This could be exactly what they want - use our firepower to escort them safely back to their reinforcements, where they can kill us. Niall sweats a little, in part from the heat on this planet, and in part because he's certain the 1st SOG is walking into a trap.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:53 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 69

Pilot Robot: A.D.F. Power Armor 60%=1d100 = 98

Halko nods inside his Wardog as orders are given and replies over the tac com, "Roger that Nova. Pops Could you watch these two while I get fixed up?"

Halko lowers his weapon arms and moves over to pick up some of the salvage and says over the radio, "Here. I'll help carry and we can do the reboot on the Bait and Switch. That way if something goes wrong the Wardog will already be loaded up and we won't have to manhandle it into the cargo hold."

Halko proceeds through the gateway and deposits the salvage in to hold before moving over to the area where the Wardogs are stored. Once in position, Halko says, "Okay Crash, give it a go and lets get this baby back up to 100 percent."

Niall nods in satisfaction as the system reboots. "That should do it. Run a systems check and see if you're fully operational. I'll stand by to fix anything that comes up."


Halko watches what he hopes is a successful system reboot and when given the go ahead, he runs a system check and waits for all green lights. As he waits, Halko chuckles to himself, "God bless ADF training. I was still cleaning up on those big lizards with no kinda targeting assistance."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:36 am

Cairo wrote:Perception[+2]: Invalid dice code!
JIC D20: Invalid dice code!
JIC D100: Invalid dice code!

Conditions: Merged to War Dog PA


Cairo will check to make sure Ryden and Gyn are not planning to hop through to the Ship & leave Nova alone with the 2 prisoners, **Not that the LT can't just bottle them up in a force-field till we hopped back through the doorway, but better safe than sorry ... It feels a bit weird loading up their broken robots in front of them though ... **

He'll then load up whatever pieces of the Robots looked salvageable that he can easily carry in 1 trip and step through the rip in space into the Bait & Switch, and advise Gyn he'll get the requested grenades. Onboard he deposits robot parts back by the Romeo 2 (rear) gunnery station, strapping them into some of the troop transport seats with seatbelts so they won't float around if they leave atmo. The PA Pilot then moves into the Airlock and deposits the and 1/2 dozen Giant lizard teeth he extracted into his own locker.

Onboard, Cairo agrees with Halko, "Yep, are you sure you're Infantry? Maybe you should shift over to the PA Corps hehehe." Before leaving to head back out, Cairo will grab a couple bags of some sort (pillow-cases or whatever off a bunk) and shove them, and 8 ration bars into a storage compartment on his War-Dog, collect grenades for Gyn (4 Cobalt, 4 Flash) from his Locker (?), then move to his FCS (Romeo 1) and activate it to see if there are separate temperature controls that can be set for the Airlock. If so the PA pilot will set the airlock temperature down to freezing.

Computer Operations [65%]: 1d100 = 39 -- To reset localized temperature?

*** IF the Airlock can be set to freeze without the rest of the ship *** CJ then heads back and will transport the balance of the Robot parts before checking with Nova, "Drop a couple lizards in the Airlock for freezing? Maybe thaw them later to cook up, or let the Fleet eggheads examine?"

CJ hands Gyn his grenades, then moves any remaining salvageable robot parts to the Bait & Switch, securing them the same way, then the 2 of the least-shot-up Lizards if approved (& if freezing is viable).

Once everyone is back from the Ship, Cairo will walk up to the Decanus (who still hasn't been disarmed) and if he does not appear to be complying with Nova's direction CJ will wave Halko over to the man's Left, Gyn & Crash behind, and take position himself on Decanus' right.

He'll then engage the translator program, "We will escort you back to your camp. Lead on." If the Decanus does not begin moving, CJ will shrug "Ok, back that way then ... " and begin the 'man' walking to the Northeast (to create the space that Nova wants for questioning the Bug). Cairo doesn't let the Atorian get more than a 8-10ft ahead of them.

**This guy seems to be keeping his cool pretty well ... If he makes a break for it I hope Crash can keep up.**
Last edited by Guest on Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Gyn » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:22 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 78

From his overhead position, Gyn continues to keep an eye on everything at once. When Nova places the portals, the old cop allows himself to settle gently to the ground and cease his spin. He continues to hold his rifle at the low ready while dividing his attention between the captives and northeast.

Halko wrote: "Roger that Nova. Pops Could you watch these two while I get fixed up?"


"I'm on it. Do what you gotta; they ain't going anywhere, " Pops grins at the pair and moves so that he has a clear field of fire should they decide to try something. "Oh, hey; could one of you please bring me some grenades while you're at it?" Once the salvage has been loaded, he forms up. "Nova, you want me in the air as overwatch?" he asks as the thought occurs to him. If Nova agrees, Gyn starts spinning again and floats up to an altitude of 50 feet.
Gyn
 

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:11 pm

CJ piles up some of the robot parts before claiming himself some reptilian teeth as trophies. He then hops to the top of the Boulder to keep an eye on the Atorians. "Salvage review complete." He is visually sweeping the surrounding area from his vantage for potential dangers when he thinks he sees a flash of reflected light in the distance to the north some ways off.

Nova speaks with his men via radio. "You're right. The bug is a slave, and apparently the man in charge finds it beneath him to speak to us. I'm going to have them take us to their base camp. Maybe we can get some answers there. Crash, take the time to fix Backlash's War Dog. We might need it. Get the salvage back to the Bait and Switch ASAP."

Halko nods inside his Wardog as orders are given and replies over the tac com, "Roger that Nova. Pops Could you watch these two while I get fixed up?"

From his overhead position, Gyn continues to keep an eye on everything at once. When Nova places the portals, the old cop allows himself to settle gently to the ground and cease his spin. As he's descending he sees that distant glint of (metal? glass?) reflected light, and so holds his rifle at the low ready while dividing his attention between the captives and northeast. "I'm on it. Do what you gotta; they ain't going anywhere," Pops grins at the pair and moves so that he has a clear field of fire should they decide to try something. "Oh, hey; could one of you please bring me some grenades while you're at it?"

Nova opens a gateway between the site of the last battle and the Bait and Switch. He quickly steps through it and heads into the middle of the lower deck of the Bait and Switch. Creating another gateway there, he travels back to the site of the battle. "Easy loading. Let's get it done." Turning his attention back to the Atorian duo, he instructs them. "Wait here while we finish. You will now take us to your camp. On the way to your camp, you will tell me about your ship in orbit."

Niall helps shift the unusable debris out of the way as he gets the radio message from Nova. From some distance to the north, he catches a brief glimpse of something moving in the underbrush. It could just be an animal returned now that the worst of the commotion is over, but his instincts nag at him that this is not the case. Niall responds to Nova. "Roger that." He ends up doing the moving of the parts without Cairo, as the guy leaves the job half-done and heads to the top of the boulder. He focuses his own efforts on the small stuff, still uneasy about the alien tech and whether or not it's actually secure.

"Here. I'll help carry and we can do the reboot on the Bait and Switch. That way if something goes wrong the Wardog will already be loaded up and we won't have to manhandle it into the cargo hold." Halko adds as he pitches in to help Niall.

Once aboard the Bait and Switch, Niall takes a moment to send a text to Ryden's PA. When you get a chance, please check the Bait and Switch for unauthorized outgoing signals. Still not sure about this salvage. He then secures the odds and ends of the salvage in a cargo container already secured to the deck. By the time he's done, Ryden's already sent him a reply. All secure, Crash, comes Ryden's reply from his location on the Bait & Switch. Halko steps up and picks up the slack in the salvage operation by grabbing the larger components of salvage and following Niall back to the Bait & Switch where the two quickly secure the things against zero-G operations.

Niall and Halko return through Nova's portal, and Niall gets to work on Halko's PA. "I am going to have to reboot your PA. This won't hurt much,"

Halko says, "Okay Crash, give it a go and lets get this baby back up to 100 percent."

Niall opens the access panel to Halko's PA, and begins to reboot the system. After some initial frustration, Niall nods in satisfaction as the system reboots. "That should do it. Run a systems check and see if you're fully operational. I'll stand by to fix anything that comes up."

Halko runs a systems check and waits for all green lights. As he waits, Halko chuckles to himself, "God bless ADF training. I was still cleaning up on those big lizards with no kinda targeting assistance." The lights on his HUD go red all at once, then the system shuts down entirely. He's trapped in a big, heavy, and heavily-armed tin can.

A single, loud report sounds as Rosseyn staggers and falls to his knees, semi-conscious.


What are your intentions?

Link to Map

Butcher's Bill
Rosseyn: -80 to helmet; Stunned: -50% to all skills and combat abilities; -8 to Perception: unable to focus thoughts, or even to see clearly; concussion
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:25 pm

Perception[+2]: 1d20+2 = 17
JIC D20: 1d20 = 12
JIC D100: 1d100 = 16

Conditions: Merged to War Dog PA

Cairo calls, "Contact North! ... " when there's a report/bang and Rosseyn drops to the ground CJ calls out, "Crash, get Nova to Cover. Gyn, Halko secure the Atorians."

The PA Pilot launches forward towards the location of his last sighting at the full 50MPH that the Wardog can muster and shifts his vision into the thermal range looking for signs of whoever took the shot at the LT. **Well they've ID'd our commander, hopefully they haven't got shots prepped for each of us ... That was a good shot in the dark. Whereareya?...Whereareya?... C'mon show yourself!!**

If CJ sees a potential attack he'll dodge. If he sees the sniper Cairo will place a pair of fire-linked lasers into his leg or weapon (whatever is easier to locate).

Initiative [+6]: 1d20+6 = 21
APM: 7

1-5: Run towards last seen indicator & look for target
6-7: Laser Blast 1d20+15 = 32 to Strike, 2d8*10 = 70+40=110 Damage

Dodge [+18]: 1d20+18 = 281d20+18 = 371d20+18 = 231d20+18 = 25
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:33 am

Perception: 1d20 = 16

JIC: 1d20 = 3
1d100 = 60

Niall's satisfaction turns to confusion as Nova staggers to his knees and Cairo yells.

CJ wrote:"Contact North! Crash, get Nova to cover. Gyn, Halko secure the Atorians."


FRAKfrakfrakfrak! Niall runs in a crouch to Nova's position and begins pulling him west, to a position under the tree-line. He gives the Decanus and his slave the side-eye as he runs past. I knew this was a trap!

As he gets Nova under the tree-line, he asks "Nova, do you need medical attention?" He will keep his eyes peeled for enemy agents, and if he sees any, he lights them up with his Super-Energy Expulsion. If the Decanus and the slave make any move to run, he shoots at them instead. If anything gets in melee range, he will parry with his vibrosword, and try to shoot them (more or less) point blank.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 8

APM: 4

Action 1: Drag Nova to cover
Action 2: Energy Blast 1d20+1 = 14; Damage 6d6 = 21
Action 3: Energy Blast 1d20+1 = 8; Damage 6d6 = 22
Action 4: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+3 = 21

Parries (if necessary): 1) 1d20+3 = 23 (Nat. 20!); 2) 1d20+3 = 23 (Nat. 20!); 3) 1d20+3 = 13; 4) 1d20+3 = 23 (Nat. 20!)
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:32 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 44
Init: 1d20+2 = 18
Attacks: 5

Pilot Robot: A.D.F. Power Armor 60%=1d100 = 3
Computer Operation 50%=1d100 = 21
Mechanics: Basic: 60%=1d100 = 81
shed PA 1d4+4 = 7 melees

Halko watches as the display goes RED and then everything goes dark. "HAHAHAHA...figures. Somebody get me outta this fraking thing. Hello? Can you hear me? Crash, are you still there."

Halko quiets down and strains to listen for a reply, that's when he thinks he hears a weapon fire. He then starts trying to do everything he can to get out of the frozen suit of power armor. "Come on! Wasn't there some sort of mechanical release on this bastard?"
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:40 am

Perception: 1d20-8 = 0
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 42

After the loud sound and the sudden impact, Nova finds himself lying on the ground in a daze. His eyes won't focus, his thoughts won't work properly, everything that makes him a good soldier has suddenly departed. Dead, dead? Not dead... why am I on the... ohhh... what am I even on? Lizards... we were hunting lizards... hunting... heh... maybe the lizards figured out how to shoot... wait... am I shot? Damn.

Nova manages to get his hands up to his helmet and runs his hand over where the bullet hit. He then allows his teammates to get him to safety while he attempts to get his thoughts together.

Niall wrote:"Nova, do you need medical attention?"


"You're a medical attention."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Gyn » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:16 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 27

Intelligence: 1d100 = 14 / 54% - to try and determine commonly known Atorian tactics that might apply.

Pops freezes for an instant as Nova falls and the echo resounds through the jungle. Then he snaps his STAR to his shoulder and points it at the Atorian. For the moment, the old cop leaves his index finger outside the trigger guard, but should the pair of captives make any move, Gyn rectifies that. He relaxes the tiniest bit when he hears Nova talking. What the frak? Decoys? Ambush? Pops feverishly wracks his brain, trying to make sense of the whole situation.
Gyn
 

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:14 am

Nova's portal winks out of existence as he's no longer able to maintain concentration.

Halko watches as the display goes red and everything goes dark. "HAHAHAHA...figures. Somebody get me outta this frakking thing. Hello? Can you hear me? Crash, are you still there." Halko quiets down and strains to listen for a reply, that's when he thinks he hears a weapon fire. He then starts trying to do everything he can to get out of the frozen suit of power armor. "Come on! Wasn't there some sort of mechanical release on this bastard?" Jerrick spots the emergency escape stud in his helmet, stretches out his neck to reach it, and depressed the stud with his chin. The various segments of the PA fall off as tiny explosive bolts are detonated which release the soldier from his suit.

Another shot rings out from seemingly nowhere. An insanely loud ringing of metal alloy sounds in Cairo's helmet and HUD goes for fuzzy for a moment. He notices a spiderweb crack at the top left of the faceplate over which his HUD is digitally projected. There is a deafening ringing in his ears that is nearly all he can hear. He retains his wits, however, and calls out, "Contact North! Crash, get Nova to Cover. Gyn, Halko secure the Atorians."

The PA Pilot charges towards where he saw the glint and shifts his vision into the thermal range to inspect the area. The tree's dense foliage is a generally uniform hue of cool, dark blues with a few scurrying, little figures of bright yellowish-orange that Cairo infers must be some sort of warm-blooded animals of some sort. A small, oblong, and fairly bright red silhouette on the ground beneath the tree catches his eye. He stoops down to inspect it: it's a spent shell casing of a large caliber.

Niall runs in a crouch to Nova's position and begins pulling him west, to a position under the tree-line. He gives the Decanus and his slave the side-eye as he runs past; he sees they've taken cover as well. As he gets Nova under the tree-line, he asks "Nova, do you need medical attention?"

Nova manages to get his hands up to his helmet and runs his hand over where the bullet hit; there's a deep pit and spider-webbing of cracks. He responds to Niall through the haze of his thoughts. "You're a medical attention."

The Atorian soldier dashes for cover behind the boulder, yelling at and dragging the confused and startled insectoid with him. "Lura! Ner, vi är beskjuten!" (Successful translation roll: "Fool! Get down, we're being fired upon!")

Pops freezes for an instant as Nova falls and the echo resounds through the jungle. Then he snaps his STAR to his shoulder and points it at the Atorian as the pair dive for cover. They're both clearly in his line of sights, but the soldier seemed to intuitively grasp the situation and respond reflexively. Gyn deduces that the soldier is a hardened combat veteran accustomed to dealing with sniper fire. Snipers are an ages old tactical problem in modern warfare and civil peacekeeping. One patient, well-positioned, and experienced sniper could pin down a whole platoon of men in the field, and in an urban setting could frighten an entire population center into immobility. Gyn entertains the idea that this has been a trap set by the Atorians, but quickly dismisses such: those reptiles were a very real threat to all of them, and too uncontrollable an element to be incorporated into such a scheme. No, Occam's Razor seemed to apply best here: All things being equal, the simplest answer is most often the correct one. There was a sniper nearby of whom none of the present parties were previously aware. The person shot was Rosseyn. Thus a specific set of plausible answers may be deduced:

    1. Rosseyn alone is the target
    2. Rosseyn was a target of opportunity, but all present are targets
    3. Rosseyn was a target of opportunity, but only the Arismal are targets
    4. The sniper is utterly incompetent, Rosseyn was not the intended target

GM Map Note: Remember to take into account possible LOS restrictions based on the terrain.
MAP HERE

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Halko: War Dog is inoperable/disassembled; will require 8 successful repair attempts [tinkering rules] to affect the necessary repairs.
Rosseyn: -80 to helmet; Stunned: -50% to all skills and combat abilities; -8 to Perception: unable to focus thoughts, or even to see clearly; concussion
Cairo: -60 to PA's head/helmet; ears ringing: -3 to perception
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:05 am

Perception[+2-3]: 1d20-1 = 15
JIC D20: 1d20 = 15
JIC D100: 1d100 = 8

Conditions: Merged to War Dog PA

Cairo mentally activates his radio as he reeling and drops low, **Well he was here and he's invisible on Thermal, and he was in this spot before ... I could see the heat signatures from the damn reptiles' footprints but now nothing on the sniper. Either he gives off no heat or he's got some masking it. Back to cover ... **

"Contact my damn head ... " then he makes a short run southeast to take cover behind a fallen log, "Is Nova Ok? Are the Atorians secured? Does anyone have a visual on the attackers? ..."

If CJ sees a potential attack he'll dodge. If he sees the sniper Cairo will give a radio location to the others and place a pair of fire-linked lasers into his leg or weapon (whatever is easier to locate).

Initiative [+6]: 1d20+6 = 7
APM: 7

1-5: Move towards cover keeping an eye out
6-7: Laser Blast 1d20+15 = 20 to Strike, 2d8*10 = 140+40=180 Damage

Dodge [+18]: 1d20+18 = 361d20+18 = 291d20+18 = 291d20+18 = 22
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:10 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 53
Init: 1d20+2 = 5
Attacks: 5

Language: Imperial Trade Tongue (Les Iban) 75%=1d100 = 24Pass

Halko drops to the ground shortly after the chest plate and other various bits break loose and free him from the frozen power armor. Standing, he snaps his goggles into place and looks around. "What's going on? This POS armor just shut down. If I didn't hit the emergency evac stud, I would still be a statue."

Another shot rings out from seemingly nowhere. Cairo calls out, "Contact North! Crash, get Nova to Cover. Gyn, Halko secure the Atorians."


Halko draws his pistol and moves over to cover the Atorians, making his way behind Gyn, "My radio's shot." He jerks a thumb at his currently useless PA, "Someone tell Cairo to be ready. I'll draw some fire." He takes up a position to the southeast of the Atorians, clearly visible from where Cairo is just a few hundred feet away.

Halko actually takes a second to enjoy being out of his PA and armor and on a planet. Finally outta that can. Real air! Well, time to put my powers to use for full effect.

Halko tries to looks like he's just positioned badly as he watches the Atorians and says in Les Iban, "Is that a friend of yours hiding out in the trees?"
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:07 am

Perception: 1d20 = 1 (Nat. 1!)

JIC: 1d20 = 8
1d100 = 24

Nova wrote:"You're a medical attention."


Niall frowns. "Thaaat's... not good."

Niall places his hand on Nova's cracked helmet, and uses his Power Touch to repair it (Restore by touch -240 Power Touch Points).

Keeping his head down, he pulls out his datapad and, using the first aid reference library, attempts to quickly diagnose and treat Nova.

First Aid ☞ (60%) 1d100 = 64 (Fail)

"Hold still... hopefully I fix you better than I fixed Halko's PA."

He tries to catch sight of the sniper. If he does (extremely unlikely unless sniper really blows his prowl roll... even then...), he calls out to his teammates "Contact (direction)!" and will aim at him, his intention to fire suddenly disrupted by being handed a supercharged rock.

If he doesn't see the sniper, he tries again to administer first aid to Nova.

First Aid ☞ (60%) 1d100 = 74 (Fail)

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 11

APM: 4
Action 1: restore Nova's helmet
Action 2: administer first aid to Nova
Action 3: aim at Sniper, accept Nova's supercharged rock.
Contingent Action 3: administer first aid to Nova (if sniper not detected); accept supercharged rock. "FRAK!"
Action 4: Throw Rock north. Strike: 1d20+3 = 7; (This damage is a carryover from previous post - "grenade" damage unknown) damage 6d6 = 23

(this contingent action is a carryover from my pre-grenade post)
Contingent action 4: reserved for Dodge (if sniper not detected) 1d20+3 = 23 (Nat. 20!)

(OOC: EDITED to account for suddenly being handed a "live grenade")
Last edited by Niall on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Gyn » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:33 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 16


As the possibilities run through his mind, he tries to ensure the Atorian and his minion behave.
Backlash wrote:"Someone tell Cairo to be ready. I'll draw some fire."
"Roger that. Lt, Backlash is gonna draw fire; be ready. I've got the brush heads covered," Gyn responds. If the captives seem docile, the old man spares the occasional look toward Nova to see how he's doing. Come on, Nova; we could really use a portal about now.
Gyn
 

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:57 pm

Perception: 1d20-8 = -6 +3 vs tech, +5 vs touch
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 76%

"Oh man, it's crazy, I thought my helmet was broken but now it's not broken and...are you a gambling man? I bet you five rations that... why am I on the ground? It's wet here..." Nova tries to get his thoughts together, but nothing is coming through. If only he could concentrate, there was a way out of this. "I know there's a way out... Oh, hey... throw this." Nova hands Niall the rock he's been holding in his hand and charging with kinetic energy.

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 9
Actions 1-2: Supercharge rock.
Action 3: Hand Niall rock.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:51 pm

Cairo activates his radio as he drops to the ground, reeling a bit. he makes a short run southeast to take cover behind a fallen log.

"Contact my damn head...is Nova okay? Are the Atorians secure? Does anyone have a visual on the attackers?"

Laser Blast Original post: 1d20+15 = 20 to Strike, Original post: 2d8*10 = 140+40=180 Damage

Standing, Halko snaps his goggles into place and looks around. "What's going on? This POS armor just shut down. If I didn't hit the emergency evac stud, I would still be a statue." Halko draws his pistol and moves over to cover the Atorians, making his way behind Gyn, "My radio's shot. Someone tell Cairo to be ready. I'll draw some fire." He takes up a position to the southeast of the Atorians, clearly visible from where Cairo is just a few hundred feet away.

He says (to their captives) in Les Iban, "Is that a friend of yours hiding out in the trees?"

Niall frowns. "Thaaat's...not good." Niall places his glowing hand on Nova's cracked helmet, and repairs it with something like a caress. Keeping his head down, he pulls out his datapad and attempts to quickly diagnose and treat Nova. He tries to put Rosseyn at ease as he works. "Hold still...hopefully I'll fix you better than I fixed Halko's PA." His efforts seem futile as he's unable to make sense of the reference library's information under such combat strain. Still, Rosseyn seems to be slowly becoming more lucid as the moments pass.

Rosseyn mumbles a bit in his altered state of consciousness "Oh man, it's crazy, I thought my helmet was broken but now it's not broken and...are you a gambling man? I bet you five rations that...why am I on the ground? It's wet here...I know there's a way out... Oh, hey... throw this." Nova hands Niall the rock he's been holding in his hand and charging with kinetic energy.

Niall is realizing that Rosseyn is becoming lucid again even as his CO mutters something and hands him a glowing stone.
GM NOTE: Initiative order dictates that Niall receives the stone at the very end of the round.

As the possibilities run through his mind, Gyn keeps an eye on the Atorians (they seem to be rather preoccupied with keeping still and out of the sniper's sights), and responding to Halko. "Roger that. Lieutenant, Backlash is gonna draw fire; be ready. I've got the brush heads covered," The old man spares the occasional look toward Nova to see how he's doing. He glances over just in time to see his CO hand Niall what is, in effect, a live grenade with no fuse, no pin, and who knows what kind of detonator.

A shot rings out seemingly from nowhere. A large projectile hits Halko squarely in the forehead, causing him to blink. Cairo's looking in just the right place to the north-northwest to notice the motion of a figure about twenty feet up a tree.

GM Map Note: Remember to take into account possible LOS restrictions based on the terrain.
Chandrakant-II-Temperate-Region-3.jpg


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Halko: War Dog is inoperable/disassembled; will require 8 successful repair attempts [tinkering rules] to affect the necessary repairs.
Rosseyn: -80 to helmet; Stunned: -50% to all skills and combat abilities; -8 to Perception: unable to focus thoughts, or even to see clearly; concussion
Cairo: -60 to PA's head/helmet; ears ringing: -3 to perception
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Perception[+2-3]: 1d20-1 = 19
JIC D20: 1d20 = 19
JIC D100: 1d100 = 42

Conditions: Merged to War Dog PA

Cairo spots the Sniper, "Backlash Okay? Sniper is 20 Ft up a Tree, 200ft North of the Boulder ... Backlash can keep focus for a minute, or give him something else to shoot at while I get a good bead on him ... "

CJ will carefully aim his Pulse Cannons at the Sniper's Weapon (if visible), then aim for another blast into the Sniper's Leg. If necessary though he will go ahead and dodge as needed while listening for response from the others.

Initiative [+6]: 1d20+6 = 14
APM: 7

1: Radio Location
2-4: Called Aimed Shot @ Weapon (if visible) 1d20+18 = 38 [Nat 20] (2d8*10 = 100+40) *2 = 280 damage
5-7: Called Aimed Shot @ Leg 1d20+18 = 19 2d8*10 = 70+40= 110 damage

Dodge [+18]: 1d20+18 = 30 1d20+18 = 27 1d20+18 = 30
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:16 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 19

JIC: 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 44

Niall frowns down at the glowing rock just handed to him by his CO. "Frak." He feels the blood draining out of his face as he realizes this is, in effect, a live grenade. Orders from spooks...

Instinct kicks in. Without regard to personal safety, he steps over his prone CO and throws the rock, as hard as he can muster. If by chance he catches sight of the sniper, he'll throw it at him, but otherwise he throws it north by northwest, which looks to him to be the straightest unobstructed Line of Sight. He then dives back into his position under the treeline, and resumes trying to treat Nova, checking his pants first to make sure he hasn't soiled himself.

"Jibbers frakking Crabst. Don't do that to me again. You'll give me a heart attack."

First Aid ☞ (60%) 1d100 = 77 (Fail)

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 17

APM: 4
Action 1: Throw Rock north. Strike: 1d20+1 = 20 (damage unknown)
Action 2: administer first aid to Nova
Action 3: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+3 = 16
Action 4: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+3 = 6
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:24 pm

Perception: 1d20-8 = 12 (Unusable NAT20!!!) +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 31d100 = 11

"Hahaha! I can make things explode. How good is that. Oh... Shields up!" Once Crash has finished throwing the charged rock, Nova erects a forcefield around the two of them. Nova looks down with concern at his left arm. "Who left this sword out here?"

APM: 3
Action 1: Create 200 SDC forcefield around Crash and Nova.
Action 2: APS: Limb Steel (Sword).
Action 3: Be confused.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:43 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 14

Halko ducks when the shot rings out and his free hand flies up to cover his head. Letting the absorbed force dissipate, he thinks, Nice shot dumb ass. Wanna try again. He reacts like the shot passed near his head and continues to act like he's trying to get behind cover. That should confuse you. Hopefully you don't switch targets. Stay on me dumb ass. Halko plays up the faked missed shot and yells, "I'M OKAY. FRAK THAT WAS CLOSE. WHERE ARE THE SHOTS COMING FROM?" That guy is good. If I were anyone else out here, my brains would be decorating the forest.

Halko moves a little more southwesterly, around the boulder and grins at the Atorians. Keeping the majority of himself visible from the north, he taunts the sniper in his thoughts, Come on, you just missed that easy shot. Try again! I'm a nice unarmored target, unsuccessfully trying to hide behind this great big rock.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Gyn » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:34 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 17
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 82

Pops quickly finds himself acting as the relay between the various team members. He passes on the sniper's location to the others around him, "Sniper, tree, 20feet up, 200 feet north of boulder." Glancing around, the old cop moves to the left of the boulder offering another target to the sniper. We ever get back to the fleet, I probably should get my head examined, acting as sniper bait like this. What the frak am I thinking? As he steps out of cover, he radios Cairo, "Sniper has targets; make it fast." Gyn tenses in anticipation of a slug slamming into him.
Gyn
 

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:30 pm

Niall frowns down at the glowing rock just handed to him by his CO. "Frak." Niall throws the charged rock northward. Cairo's a bit taken aback when the improvised grenade detonates at the base of the tree, throwing up a cloud of dirt and needle-sharp splinters of bark. Cairo calls out over the comm "Backlash okay? Sniper is twenty feet up a tree, two hundred feet north of the boulder. Backlash can keep focus for a minute, or give him something else to shoot at while I get a good bead on him." He then catches sight of a puff of leaves and a loud report which follows.

Niall, down on his knees beside Rosseyn, gets slammed back into the turf as a round takes him square in the chest, about five inches below his chin. Gyn echoes the sniper's location to those around him who might not have radio comms, "Sniper, tree, twenty feet up, two hundred feet north of boulder."

Halko's free hand flies up to cover his head in a faked, belated response. Rosseyn hollers at Crash who's fallen behind him. "Hahaha! I can make things explode. How good is that? Oh--shields up!" A translucent bubble of force forms around them.

Niall hastily scrambles to his feet, and claws his way over to Rosseyn nearby. Gyn moves to the left of the boulder, skirting the clearly terrified insectoid alien and his companion who is clearly made of sterner stuff. Halko plays up the faked missed shot and yells, "I'm okay! Frak, that was close! Where are the shots coming from?" Rosseyn turns one of his arms unwittingly into a steel sword, then proceeds to gawk at it.

Niall simply can't tell what the frak has Nova's brains so damn scrambled. There's no visibly apparent injury, and no trace of blood or contusion like the library file said that there should be. Another round nails Halko from out of nowhere, this time just under his left ear. Gyn moves to the left of the boulder offering another target to the sniper. Halko scrambles somewhat convincingly a little more to the southwest. Rosseyn blurts out "Who left this sword out here?" as he continues to gawk at his arm, clearly surprised by what he's seeing.

Cairo has been taking the best aim he can, and building up the power in the capacitors of his 'Dog's heavy beam lasers when he gets the green light from the weapons' emitters: fully charged. He releases the trigger and twin ruby beams of destruction sear through the foliage between him and his target. A curse, followed by the whu-thump a secondary explosion, is followed by something falling from out of the tree and landing with a dull thud. That thing gets to its feet, immediately spots Cairo and scowls. The damned thing looks to be at least a foot taller than his War Dog, if not as massive.
Image
Gyn steps out of cover, and radios Cairo a second too late. "Sniper has targets; make it fast." Halko moves around the boulder and grins at the Atorians as he does so. He's shoulder-to-shoulder with Gyn at this point.

The tall, scary-looking (reptilian? amphibian?) humanoid pulls a pair of hand-gun-looking weapons from behind him as he advances on Cairo's War Dog. Cairo's beams are building up another charge, but they're still not ready. He's gritting his teeth as the seconds split, and the beam charge indicator gets closer to the moment of release. In an action reminiscent of a frontier story gunslinger, the big nasty lets fly two rounds simultaneously at Cairo as it charges him on foot. The two rounds miss as Cairo instinctively jinks to the left, and a tree behind him explodes. Thin exhaust trails hang suspended in the air between where the shots were fired and their destination. Cairo desperately discharges another massive laser blast, but instead of a highly concentrated pair of coherent light beams, what is emitted looks more like a massive, unfocused flare of light that shines for a millisecond before being snuffed out. A single line of red text scrolls across the bottom of his HUD:
    Heavy beam laser focusing lenses burnt out; weapons inoperable.

Cairo: You're -2 APM next round due to dodges.

Ryden radios the team from the Bait & Switch. "You have bogies inbound your position. Three minutes ETA. You'll see them overhead within a minute as they breach the lower atmo--they're coming in hot. Looks like an assault shuttle. Best get the hell out of whatever jam you're in, guys. Boss...orders?"


GM Map Note: Remember to take into account possible LOS restrictions based on the terrain.
Chandrakant-II-Temperate-Region-3.jpg


What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Niall: -100 to Main Body
Halko: War Dog is inoperable/disassembled; will require 8 successful repair attempts [tinkering rules] to affect the necessary repairs.
Rosseyn: -80 to helmet; Stunned: -50% to all skills and combat abilities; -8 to Perception: unable to focus thoughts, or even to see clearly; concussion
Cairo: -60 to PA's head/helmet; ears ringing: -3 to perception
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:21 pm

Perception[+2-3]: 1d20-1 = 6
JIC D20: 1d20 = 13
JIC D100: 1d100 = 73

Conditions: Merged to War Dog PA

Cairo rises and begins to fire his rail-guns at the large Former-Sniper while talking, "Is everyone mobile back there? Sniper is no longer sniping. If Zeddeus is alive back there he needs to get Nova the CO back online because we will need an Evac. He can also curse me out for knocking out this Wardog's lasers. "

If necessary though he will go ahead and dodge as needed while listening for response from the others. As he gets closer to the large lizard he begins to address him, "You a Local or one of the Atorian's lapdogs? ... Was that your Momma we shot up a couple minutes ago? ... "

Initiative [+6]: 1d20+6 = 19
APM: 7 -2 = 5

1: Radio
2: Dual Railguns 1d20+19 = 35, 2d4*10 = 80
3: Dual Railguns 1d20+19 = 37, 2d4*10 = 70
4: Dual Railguns 1d20+19 = 27, 2d4*10 = 70
5: Dual Railguns 1d20+19 = 35, 2d4*10 = 70

Dodge [+18]: 1d20+18 = 36 1d20+18 = 22 1d20+18 = 25
Last edited by Cairo on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:44 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 10
Init: 1d20+2 = 5
Attacks: 5

Language: Imperial Trade Tongue (Les Iban) 75%=1d100 = 18

Halko feels the slap of another projectile against the side of his head and turns in the direction the shot came.

When the lizardman drops from the tree, Halko grins as he raises his free hand. Focusing the kinetic energy his body capture from the shot, Halko releases it back at the lizardman.

The lizardman is to far away for Halko to yake a shot with his pistol so he says over his shoulder, "Crash, its time to work your magic and get Nova fixed up so he can get us the hell outta here." Then he raises his voice and says, "DOES THIS GUY HAVE A BUDDY SNEAKING AROUND IN THE WOODS?"

Halko glances over to the Atorians and asks again in the Imperial Trade Tongue (Les Iban), "Friend of yours?" Then he glances around the woods before focusing once again on the lizardman.

1. Strike 1d20+2 = 9 Dmg: equal to what Halko would have taken
2. talk
3. talk
4. Dodge 1d20+6 = 25
5. Dodge 1d20+6 = 12
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Gyn » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:04 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 85
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 18
APM: 7

Frak me running backwards... what else? Almost of their own volition Pop's feet begin moving in that familiar pattern, beginning to spin his armored frame around. As he moves, he relates the news from the ship, "Small craft inbound, about 3 mikes. Starting spin. Bait, Nova got scrambled but he's okay. Don't think he's up to much right now." Why do I feel like a switchboard operator? Number please. The odd thought crossing his mind brings a brief smile to his face.

Actions 1-7: Begin to spin and relay messages.
Gyn
 

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:57 am

Perception: 1d20 = 8

JIC: 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 30

Niall looks at the place on his chest where the sniper has hit him. That's right at my heart. He sits, stunned, under the safety of Nova's force dome, for just an instant before turning his attention back to his CO. I could repair my armor... but I feel my energy is getting depleted. He looks at the damage to his chest plate. If I repair that... I'll be all tapped out. If I don't, next hit might kill me.

There are moments in Niall's life when he is not proud of himself, when he makes the selfish choice, out of a variety of reasons. Fear, jealousy, anger. At these moments, Niall truly hates himself - he knows some part of him wants to be better than that, can be better than that, and wants to rise above the selfish motivations that have defined his life so far. This is one of those moments.

Succumbing to fear, Niall places his glowing hand on his chest plate. He bows his head in shame as he applies nearly the half of his remaining Power Touch Points to repair his chest plate (-300 PTP to repair 100 SDC). As his armor knits, his stomach churns in self-disgust.


Ryden wrote:"You have bogies inbound your position. Three minutes ETA. You'll see them overhead within a minute as they breach the lower atmo--they're coming in hot. Looks like an assault shuttle. Best get the hell out of whatever jam you're in, guys. Boss...orders?"



Cairo wrote:"Is everyone mobile back there? Sniper is no longer sniping. If Zeddeus is alive back there he needs to get Nova the CO back online because we will need an Evac. He can also curse me out for knocking out this Wardog's lasers. "


"I'm alive, but we're not mobile. Nova's got us in a force bubble. He's not all there right now - took a shot to the helmet - no obvious injuries, but I'm still working on him. Doing what I can."

I hope I'm not the acting CO here... let's see... who outranks me? Niall rechecks his datapad first aid reference library, carefully checking Nova's symptoms against the database. Under the cover of the forcefield, he works a bit more slowly and carefully to determine a diagnosis and field treatment. I'm not a frakking field medic... I'm a field armorer. If he was broken in an obvious way I could fix it easily.

While he administers first aid to Nova, if the forcefield comes down he will work with his eyes up, and attempt to dodge any incoming fire.

First Aid ☞ (60%) 1d100 = 84 (FAIL)

He rechecks the symptoms in the database.

First Aid ☞ (60%) 1d100 = 18 (SUCCESS) TGM EDIT: Success, finally! Rosseyn will snap out of his mental stupor with this.

Concussion? I guess that fits. Niall checks the entry and applies the listed treatment for concussion.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 21

APM: 4
Action 1: administer first aid to Nova
Action 2: administer first aid to Nova
Action 3: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+3 = 12
Action 4: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+3 = 8
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:21 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 20,1d100 = 21
Perception: 1d20+1 = 7

Ryden hears about Nova's condition and merely shakes his head as his body goes into action. He keys the comm to the team. "Roger that. I am prepping the ship for whatever. I'll have everything idling in about a minute or so. Worst comes to worst I can fly it out solo and pick you all up, but I'd prefer not to be caught by those assault shuttles with nothing but my reflexes and good looks to keep the ship in one piece."

As he speaks, Ryden begins an abbreviated pre-flight check, routing everything to the pilot's chair, just in case.
(all actions spent on this)

(dunno how many actions it will take, just posting rolls - apply them as you like TGM)
Military Spacecraft: Small 1d100 = 9/82% - Power Systems Pre-flight check
Read Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 9/60% - Sensor Systems Pre-flight check
Military Spacecraft: Small 1d100 = 33/82% - Flight Control Systems Pre-flight check
Military Spacecraft: Small 1d100 = 2/82% - Engine Systems Pre-flight check
Computer Programming 1d100 = 95/100% - Computer Systems Pre-flight check
Weapon Systems 1d100 = 4/70% - Weapon Control Systems Pre-flight check
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:08 pm

Perception: 1d20-8 = -3 +3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 10
Conditions: Stunned: -50% to all skills and combat abilities; -8 to Perception: unable to focus thoughts, or even to see clearly; concussion

While Niall tries to help Nova out, he starts to get up and tries to get his mind together. "My head hurts...Is it time to fight? Where's the rest of the team? I can't see too good right now, soldier." If he finally snaps out of it, he will take a moment to get himself back to 100% before he leaps into the fray.

APM: 6/2=3
Actions 1-3: Try to get bearings.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:57 am

Conditions wrote:TIME & DATE: 2245, Day 39
STELLAR LOCATION: Liloqua Quadrant, Chandrakant System, Chandrakant II
CLIMATE: Oxygen-rich atmo, 70°F
VISIBILITY: 10 watt approximate, terrain-restricted LOS
TERRAIN: Heavy forest
STARSHIP LOCATION: Grounded, powered-up, some distance south
Gateways: None


"Hiyo ilikuwa bunduki yangu bora, wadudu!" The big lizard-man shouts at Cairo whose mind smoothly translates the angry outburst into Arismal. That was my favorite gun, you insect! The big dude starts moving with speed towards Cairo.

Niall radios the team. "I'm alive, but we're not mobile. Nova's got us in a force bubble. He's not all there right now - took a shot to the helmet - no obvious injuries, but I'm still working on him. Doing what I can."

Cairo radios to the others as he gets his War Dog on its feet. "Is everyone mobile back there? Sniper is no longer sniping. If Zeddeus is alive back there he needs to get Nova the CO back online because we will need an evac. He can also curse me out for knocking out this Wardog's lasers."

Gyn grumbles and begins to spin at high velocity. Halko grins as he raises his free hand and focuses the kinetic energy his body capture from the shot, and releases it back at the lizardman. Big ugly staggers sideways a bit from the impact, but otherwise appears no worse for wear.

Rosseyn props himself up on one elbow and mutters to Niall, "My head hurts...is it time to fight?"

The big dude is damn near already on top of Cairo's position when Cairo gets his feet solidly under him. Niall places his glowing hand on his chest plate and restores the armor to like-new. Cairo unloads on big ugly with the War Dog's dual railguns. The rounds slam home into the big dude's chest. His flat-footed advance on Cairo almost resembles a bipedal canter due to the odd stagger-stepping gait caused by the kinetic forces at play.

Halko yells back at Niall over the deafening firefight nearby. "Crash, its time to work your magic and get Nova fixed up so he can get us the hell outta here!"

The big dude swings a fist nearly as big as one of the War Dog's powered gauntlets at Cairo's helmeted head in a classic hay-maker. Cairo instinctively ducks. The trunk of the tree beside him explodes as though it received a direct hit from a high explosive sabot. Cairo feels his anal sphincter loosen ever so slightly. Niall rechecks the symptoms in the database.
Cairo gets a hold of himself (successful save), and taunts the big dude "You a Local or one of the Atorian's lapdogs? Was that your Momma we shot up a couple minutes ago?" He just manages to get the railguns inside the big lizard's swings, and blasts him at point-blank range. Big ugly takes a staggering half-step backward and grins as he makes eye contact with Cairo's stunned face behind his darkened faceplate.

Halko raises his voice and shouts even louder over Cairo's weapons-fire. "DOES THIS GUY HAVE A BUDDY SNEAKING AROUND IN THE WOODS?"

Rosseyn sees Halko just ahead and inquires of Niall, "Where's the rest of the team? I can't see too good right now, soldier."

Big ugly lands a punch squarely in the chest of Cairo's War Dog, despite his best efforts to avoid it. He can feel the machine actually slide back a bit in the soil, and the impact stings his own chest a bit despite the bulk between himself and his large assailant. Niall cross references the entry with Rosseyn's apparent symptoms and applies the listed treatment for concussion.

Halko glances over to the Atorians and asks them again in the Imperial Trade Tongue (Les Iban), "Friend of yours?" The insectoid is clearly terrified--so much so that it's non-communicative. The soldier beside him is looking downrange at the fight between Cairo and the big ugly. The Atorian soldier whips his head back around to meet Halko's gaze and shakes his head once curtly before finally saying something: "Prisjägare!" Halko understands the man's accented Les Iban: Bounty hunter!.

Rosseyn is a bit fuzzy-headed, and has one hell of a headache, but his senses are otherwise back to normal.

Cairo's attacker attempts to kick him in the side, but Cairo is able to step back and away in time. "Wewe ni kuchelewesha tu kuepukika, wadudu kidogo." The big lizardman growls at him. You're only delaying the inevitable, little insect. The lizard-dude was taunting him back!

Gyn radio relays the news from the ship, "Small craft inbound, about 3 mikes. Starting spin. Bait, Nova got scrambled but he's okay. Don't think he's up to much right now."

Ryden keys the comm to the team. "Roger that. I am prepping the ship for whatever. I'll have everything idling in about a minute or so. Worst comes to worst I can fly it out solo and pick you all up, but I'd prefer not to be caught by those assault shuttles with nothing but my reflexes and good looks to keep the ship in one piece." As he speaks, Ryden begins an abbreviated pre-flight check, routing everything to the pilot's chair, just in case. Everything comes up golden, of course, but to his surprise he finds that he has full power already at his disposal. She's ready to fly.

What are your intentions?

GM Notes: Remember to take into account possible LOS restrictions based on the terrain. Check the butcher's bill for condition updates prior to posting.

Butcher's Bill
Niall: -300 PTP to repair 100 S.D.C.
Halko: War Dog is inoperable/disassembled; will require 8 successful repair attempts [tinkering rules] to affect the necessary repairs.
Rosseyn: -80 to helmet
Cairo: -60 to PA's head/helmet, lasers inoperable, -31 to PA's Main Body


Chandrakant-II-Temperate-Region-3.jpg
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:48 pm

OOC: CJ doesn't know that Halko's PA is down, or that not everyone can hear him on the radio.

Perception[+2-3]: 1d20-1 = 10
JIC D20: 1d20 = 17
JIC D100: 1d100 = 94

Conditions: Merged to War Dog PA

Cairo chuckles over his speakers at his large scaley foe as he dances backwards away from the haymakers being lobbed, "Insect? Nah I'm all Mammal inside this shell. Delaying the inevitable is kind of the point isn't it? ... I would have thought even a Reptile coulda puzzled that out. Hey do you lay eggs? I'm going to be carving up some steaks off your big girlfriend back there, and some eggs would go great. You ride around on the big-ship serving your Atorian masters? They give you a nice little cage to ride in for the trips? or do you get to fly around your own shuttle?"

Flipping to this radio (instead of the external speakers), he radios to the team, "Halko, you wanna put a few bursts into this guy and divide his focus? ... Nova back in play to give him something to trip over? "

CJ will back/dodge away from attacks as Big-Ugly-Bastage throws em'.

Initiative [+6]: 1d20+6 = 11
APM: 7

1: Dual Railguns 1d20+19 = 38, 2d4*10 = 60
2: Dual Railguns 1d20+19 = 22, 2d4*10 = 20
3: Dual Railguns 1d20+19 = 31, 2d4*10 = 60
4: Dual Railguns 1d20+19 = 29, 2d4*10 = 80
5: Dual Railguns 1d20+19 = 29, 2d4*10 = 60
6: Dual Railguns 1d20+19 = 37, 2d4*10 = 60
7: Dual Railguns 1d20+19 = 32, 2d4*10 = 50

Dodge [+18]: 1d20+18 = 38 1d20+18 = 30 1d20+18 = 26 1d20+18 = 25 1d20+18 = 33

EDIT: If CJ is inside the Forcefield when Nova creates it he will continue to fight the creature. If CJ is suddenly blocked off and the creature is trapped, CJ will stop firing, then chime the radio, "What gives? Asked for an assist, not a rescue hehehe ... or are we going to keep him as a pet? At least let me trim the fangs, claws, and maybe other limbs off of it ... " The PA Pilot will then shift his Spectrum vision; first to inspect the thermal signature of his large foe, then to scan him for radio and other transmissions ...
Last edited by Cairo on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Gyn » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:06 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 1
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 38
APM: 7

Conditions: spinning

Gotta get this sniper out of action. As he runs through possible courses of action, Pops spins closer to Cairo and his foe. "Cairo, minor wind storm inbound. It shouldn't bother you much," he warns his teammate. As he moves to within 75 feet, Gyn concentrates on gathering up leaves, small pebbles and other debris to hurl at their common foe. Once he's within range, he flings the debris at the sniper.

Action 1-3: Move to a spot 75 feet away from the sniper.
Action 4: Warn Cairo.
Action 5: Fling debris toward the sniper. To Hit: 1d20+8 = 9; Damage: 1d6 = 1 and temporarily obscures vision. Victims are -4 on initiative and -4 to strike, parry and dodge.
Action 6-7: Move closer and continue to spin.
Gyn
 

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:07 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 87
Actions: 5
Init: 1d20+2 = 10

Language: Imperial Trade Tongue (Les Iban) 75%1d100 = 29

Halko falls back to just outside the force field enclosing Nova and Crash, motioning the insectoid and Atorian soldier to follow, as Gyn spins up and engages the lizardman.

When he nears the force field, Halko says, "The Atorian says lizardman is a Bounty HUnter. What ever he is, he can take a beating without hardly a flinch. Cairo hit him a couple times with railgun fire and the beast barely slowed down."

Halko keeps his eyes toward where the lizardman is but says over his shoulder to Rosseyn, "Nova...Nova. Can you trap that frakking beast under a force field and portal us out of here?"


1-3. Move and talk
4. Dodge 1d20+6 = 15
5. Dodge 1d20+6 = 7
Halko stands with his sidearm at the ready, but the only threats he can address as he waits to see what Nova will do, are the two Atorian lackies.
Last edited by Halko on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:17 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 21+3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 41d20 = 16

Cairo wrote:"Nova back in play to give him something to trip over?"

Rosseyn shakes his head to get himself settled into reality. Frak. How long was I out for? This has gone to shit. Let's turn the tide. "Nova's back in play."
Halko wrote:"Nova...Nova. Can you trap that frakking beast under a fore field and portal us out of here?"

"You're damn right I can. That the frakker that shot me in the helmet?" Nova drops his forcefield that's surrounding Crash and himself. He then runs toward the boulder that the Atorians are behind to get in range of the battle between Cairo and the bounty hunter. If he gets within range of his force field capabilities (Speed of 32, Range is 160 feet) he will slam a 2000 SDC forcefield around the bounty hunter. If directly physically attacked, he will attempt to parry using his sword arm.

APM: 6
Initiative: (+3, an additional +3 vs guns and machines or an additional +4 vs AI, computers and auto defense systems)
Actions 1-4: Run to get into range.
Actions 5-6: Forcefield bubble (2000 SDC) around bounty hunter.

Sword Arm Parries: 1d20+5 = 91d20+5 = 131d20+5 = 111d20+5 = 181d20+5 = 141d20+5 = 61d20+5 = 181d20+5 = 111d20+5 = 211d20+5 = 21
Autododge vs guns: 1d20+4 = 61d20+4 = 151d20+4 = 81d20+4 = 131d20+4 = 81d20+4 = 201d20+4 = 231d20+4 = 241d20+4 = 181d20+4 = 8
Last edited by Rosseyn on Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:24 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 15

JIC: 1d20 = 15
1d100 = 62

Niall breathes a short-lived sigh of relief when Nova's eyes metaphorically uncross and he gets his wits about him again. "Glad to have you back, Nova. We have a couple hostile gunships incoming, so we probably need to evac soon."

As the forcefields come down, Niall instinctively ducks his head, expecting fire, and skitters around the nearby tree so that it provides partial cover against the big reptilian. "Frak!" From partial cover, Niall takes a couple potshots at the scaly alien. We need to get the frak outta here before those gunships get in range. The trees only provide cover from visual targeting, but they can probably lock onto PAs with computer-assisted targeting, and then saturate the area. Niall starts to sweat. We need to get Halko's PA back to the bait and Switch as well so I can really repair it... I don't know what went wrong, but I frakked it up somehow.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 17

APM: 4
Action 1: Energy Blast 1d20+1 = 16; Damage 6d6 = 19
Action 2: Energy Blast 1d20+1 = 9; Damage 6d6 = 19
Action 3: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+3 = 6
Action 4: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+3 = 13

Parries (if necessary): 1) 1d20+3 = 4; 2) 1d20+3 = 21; 3) 1d20+3 = 12; 4) 1d20+3 = 11
Last edited by Niall on Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Ryden » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:38 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 10,1d100 = 86

Ryden is pleasantly surprised at the Bait and Switch's apparent readiness. "I'm ready to lift off the second you guys get back here. Porch light's on, and all systems are ready to rock. I'll probably get us in the air the moment everyone is on. Copy?"

Military Spacecraft: Small 1d100 = 25/82% (Getting ship ready to lift off at a moment's notice)
Read Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 54/60% (Using passive sensors to track bogeys and local threats)
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:39 pm

Initiative: 1d20 = 8 (+3, an additional +3 vs guns and machines or an additional +4 vs AI, computers and auto defense systems)

Wouldn't let me edit it in.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Augur » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:31 pm

Conditions wrote:TIME & DATE: 2245.25, Day 39
STELLAR LOCATION: Liloqua Quadrant, Chandrakant System, Chandrakant II
CLIMATE: Oxygen-rich atmo, 70°F
VISIBILITY: 10 watt approximate, terrain-restricted LOS
TERRAIN: Heavy forest
STARSHIP LOCATION: Grounded, powered-up, some distance south
Gateways: None

Atorian ETA: 11 melees remaining

The big, bad alien swings for the fences again, and misses. Pops spins toward Cairo and his foe. Cairo taunts the big dude. "Insect? Nah I'm all Mammal inside this shell." Halko starts to fall back toward Nova and Crash, motioning the insectoid and Atorian soldier to follow. They get to their feet, then start to run in the opposite direction.

Rosseyn's mind snaps back into focus. He lets the team know over the radio. "Nova's back in play."

The big, bad lizard-man, clearly frustrated, tries something else: he lunges for and grabs Cairo's War Dog. Niall responds to his patient. "Glad to have you back, Nova. We have a couple hostile gunships incoming, so we probably need to evac soon." Cairo's trying to blast the big lizard, but the War Dog's ranged weapons are far less useful in hand-to-hand combat.

Halko yells back at Rosseyn, "The Atorian says lizardman is a Bounty Hunter. What ever he is, he can take a beating without hardly a flinch. Cairo hit him a couple times with railgun fire and the beast barely slowed down."

The big, bad lizard-man manages to get one of the War Dog's arms in-hand. Cairo continues to taunt his adversary, despite his grip on him. "Hey do you lay eggs? I'm going to be carving up some steaks off your big girlfriend back there, and some eggs would go great."

Halko says over his shoulder to Rosseyn, "Nova...Nova. Can you trap that frakking beast under a force field and portal us out of here?"

Rosseyn responds to Backlash as he gets to his feet. "You're damn right I can. That the frakker that shot me in the helmet?"

The big, bad lizard-man is clearly either concentrating on what he's doing, or too enraged to speak. Cairo's unsure which, but one thing he's not uncertain of is the bastard's new intent: he's trying to get a foot behind CJ's War Dog to make him lose his feet. "Cairo, minor wind storm inbound. It shouldn't bother you much," Gyn warns his teammate. Nova drops the forcefield that's surrounding Crash and himself as he starts to run toward the melee.

Gyn flings the debris at the sniper. As the forcefields come down, Niall instinctively ducks his head, expecting fire, and skitters around the nearby tree so that it provides partial cover against the big reptilian. Cairo jeers at his slower opponent. "You ride around on the big-ship serving your Atorian masters?" Cairo sees an inner eyelid slide over his opponents eyeballs as a torrent of leaves and debris swirl around them.

It's Cairo's turn for his eyes to go wide as the alignment of the sky suddenly changes relative to his HUD. A jarring thud closes the argument in his mind: he's on his back with a huge alien lizard atop him. Niall lands a potshot on the huge alien lizard that it doesn't even seem to notice.


Niall lands a second potshot on the huge alien lizard that's totally ignored. He starts to freak out as the larger tactical situation crystallizes in his mind. Cairo manages to get his free arm into position and blasts the lizard point-blank with one railgun. The alien's head snaps to one side as if punched, and brings its fist down into Cairo's faceplate. Grit, and sharp bits of crystallized transparent ceramic wash over his face in a rush, and he hears his radio transceiver's burst of squelch as it's ruined. Nova slams a powerful forcefield over the bounty hunter. The wind inside the bubble immediately drops dead.

Ryden radios the group. "I'm ready to lift off the second you guys get back here. Porch light's on, and all systems are ready to rock. I'll probably get us in the air the moment everyone is on. Copy?"

What are your intentions?

GM Notes: Remember to take into account possible LOS restrictions based on the terrain. Check the butcher's bill for condition updates prior to posting.

RP Note: Time your talk. You have 15 seconds, so be realistic.


Chandrakant-II-Temperate-Region-3.jpg


Butcher's Bill
Niall: -300 PTP to repair 100 S.D.C.
Halko: War Dog is inoperable/disassembled; will require 8 successful repair attempts [tinkering rules] to affect the necessary repairs.
Rosseyn:
Cairo: -PA's head/helmet destroyed, lasers inoperable, -31 to PA's Main Body
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Niall » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:14 am

Perception: 1d20 = 19

JIC: 1d20 = 7
1d100 = 37

Niall gets a sinking feeling in his stomach as he watches the events unfold in front of him. My blasts have no effect on that guy - and even Cairo's railguns barely scratch him... is he invulnerable? And now CJ is stuck in that forcefield with him. He shifts his gaze over to the Atorian decanus and his slave, running away. Are they running from us... or the lizard? If he was on their side, would they have fallen in behind him and opened fire on us? Maybe they're his prey, not us. Niall frowns. "Nova - he might be after our captives! Can we just... let him go?"

He tries to think back and see if he remembers anything about this species of lizard, or see if there are any patches or uniform elements that identify him as an enemy of the Atorians or as a member of a specific mercenary group.

Lore: Alien ☞ 40% 1d100 = 96 (FAIL)
Intelligence ☞ 50% 1d100 = 96 (FAIL)

Coming up empty, he decides to try to take a shot at the fleeing Atorians, as there's nothing much he can do about the big lizard. He attempts to hit them both, by ricocheting a blast off the slave and into the decanus. Attempting to account for their speed and direction, he lines up his shot and fires.

After his shot, he looks up at the sky, expecting gunships at any moment. "Nova - we need a portal ASAP."

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 17

APM: 4
Action 1: Try to think hard and fail
Action 2: Energy blast at slave 1d20+3 = 8; damage 6d6 = 26
Action 3: Ricochet blast at decanus 1d20+1 = 14; damage 5d6 = 17
Action 4: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+3 = 22
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:14 am

Perception: 1d20 = 14+3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 21d100 = 98

Orders. They need orders. "Backlash, switch out with CJ. Portal opening. Keep the giant bastard out of it. The Atorians are not our mission. Let them escape. Train's here, all aboard." Nova drops the forcefield surrounding CJ and the bounty hunter so that CJ can get out of the situation and Halko, who is better suited for the fight, can step in. He then concentrates, now that he is finally able to, and reopens the Gateway that he created at the site of the Dino Battle for everyone to fall back to the Bait & Switch.

APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 21 (an additional +3 vs guns and machines or an additional +4 vs AI, computers and auto defense systems)

Action 1: Get rid of forcefield surrounding bounty hunter and CJ.
Actions 2-4: Reopen Gateway (Dino Site) to Bait and Switch.
Actions 5-6: Reserved for dodge.

Dodges: 1d20+3 = 181d20+3 = 211d20+3 = 161d20+3 = 18
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Cairo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:11 pm

Perception[+2-3]: 1d20-1 = 4
JIC D20: 1d20 = 11
JIC D100: 1d100 = 90

Conditions: Merged to War Dog PA

Cairo, lying on his back looking up at an enraged(?) foe, has sudden and mixed feelings about how things have gone thus far, **CRAP!! CRAP!! Ohhhhh Damn! Oh that was a bad idea. C'mon team, Assist, Assist!! ... Or not. And no radio. I hope this is just a vote-of-confidence from Nova. I miss that big guy Bodean ...**

Cairo will use his free arm to fire a railgun point-blank into whatever the Bountyhunter is using to keep him on the ground (Foot/Knee/Torso/Tail(?)) hopefully taking the creature off balance, then activate his Jetpack to move himself (either up to the ceiling(ideally), or if that is not possible to the edge of the Forcefield(?) so he can ). Aware of the irony and humor of being on the short end of the stick so far, CJ quips [Language: Pilian Tongue (Liloqua)[80%]:1d100 = 50 ] "Trying to kill me with your breath? I 'm close ... Damn whatcha been eating fish heads?"

Now in flight(?), if the chucklehead is still holding onto the Wardog, CJ will try and get into the air at full(ish) speed. If he gets airborne with the Bounty hunter as a passenger, Cairo will try to get up to ~400 feet and begin blasting the guy.

*** If CJ's arms are both restrained, but he has the Bounty hunter as a passenger, he'll take the guy to 1200ft, and then flip into a spinning nosedive (he'll try to stop about 100ft up, hopefully jerking the Bountyhunter loose).
[Pilot Robot [123%]: 1d100 = 351d100 = 531d100 = 6 for crazy trick flying maneuvers]

If Cairo can't get airborne or out from under his attacker, he will parry as best he can or dodge away from any perceived attacks as Big-Ugly-Bastage throws em'. He will use however many railguns he has free to fire in an attempt to end the fight. If he manages to get away from Mr-Grabby-Hands at any point, CJ will generate some distance (~150ft), and begin placing dual railgun blasts into him from a distance [especially since Halko can take the shots and Gyn can spin and be impervious].

Initiative [+6]: 1d20+6 = 22
APM: 7

1: Single Railgun 1d20+19 = 35, 2d4*10 = 70
2: Single Railgun 1d20+19 = 34, 2d4*10 = 40
3: Dodge/Fire Jetpack to Move & create distance if possible.
4: If he's managed to get airborne/moving, CJ will try & angle up into the sky [See Flight Contingency Above]. If not he will fire 1 or more Railguns at the Lizardman (2 if he has managed to get his hand free) 1d20+19 = 27, 1st Railgun 2d4*10 = 30 2nd Railgun 2d4*10 = 40
5: If he's managed to get airborne/moving, CJ will try & angle up into the sky [See Flight Contingency Above]. If not he will fire 1 or more Railguns at the Lizardman (2 if he has managed to get his hand free) 1d20+19 = 30, 1st Railgun 2d4*10 = 50 2nd Railgun 2d4*10 = 40
6: If he's managed to get airborne/moving, CJ will try & angle up into the sky [See Flight Contingency Above]. If not he will fire 1 or more Railguns at the Lizardman (2 if he has managed to get his hand free) 1d20+19 = 23, 1st Railgun 2d4*10 = 60 2nd Railgun 2d4*10 = 50
7: If he's managed to get airborne/moving, CJ will try & angle up into the sky [See Flight Contingency Above]. If not he will fire 1 or more Railguns at the Lizardman (2 if he has managed to get his hand free) 1d20+19 = 36, 1st Railgun 2d4*10 = 40 2nd Railgun 2d4*10 = 60

*** CJ will use whatever number of attacks are appropriate to attempt fancy flying maneuvers.

Parry [+15]: 1d20+15 = 29 1d20+15 = 32 1d20+15 = 25 1d20+15 = 25
Dodge [+18]: 1d20+18 = 36 1d20+18 = 34 1d20+18 = 31 1d20+18 = 27 1d20+18 = 19 1d20+18 = 19
Last edited by Cairo on Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Gyn » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:51 pm

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 16
Perception: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 47
APM: 7

Pops draws back as the forcefield appears before him. Hmm...glad I'm on this side. He continues to spin while watching the action inside the bubble. If those railguns didn't put him down, I don't know what my popgun could do. Maybe I should get me a big gun until Bodean comes back. Feeling somewhat helpless, Gyn continues to dart around like a hummingbird until he spots an opportunity to help.

Actions 1-7: Spin and think. Should an opportunity present itself to help Cario, Pops will try to get him removed from the fray, even if he must stop spinning to do so.
Gyn
 

Re: Destination: Chandrakant

Postby Halko » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:03 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 70
Actions: 5
Init: 1d20+2 = 16

As soon as Nova gives the order, Halko takes off as fast as he can for where the Alien Bounty Hunter and CJ are sprawled on the ground. His hand touches the pistol at his side and he just laughs. That frakhead was shrugging off railgun fire. This thing might as well be a toy. Best try to incapacitate the monster. Instead he grabs the flashbang attached to his utility belt and keeps running while he hopes the force field will be down and CJ will still be alive.

Flashbang grenade in hand, Halko runs full tilt at the hulking alien. He knows the impact won't effect him and he's betting it won't do much to the Bounty Hunter but slowing down would waste time. His plan is to slam into the beast and shove the flashbang in the monster's face. He'll try to shield CJ from the blast with his hands and arms, but he's more worried about stunning the alien and keeping CJ alive.

If for some reason the Bounty Hunter disengages from CJ and attacks him, Halko will sling any absorbed force right back at the bounty hunter. (Strikes: 1d20+2 = 171d20+2 = 51d20+2 = 151d20+2 = 191d20+2 = 22, +2 if in HtH range)

1-3. RUN
4. body check bounty hunter; Strike=1d20 = 5 DMG: hahaha
5. hold flashbang in BH's face; Strike=1d20 = 19

Dodge knife or bite attacks as needed: 1d20+6 = 261d20+6 = 211d20+6 = 111d20+6 = 221d20+6 = 10
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

PreviousNext

Return to HU2 Galactic: Annals of the Sixth Atorian Expansion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests