Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

6-23 March Ready Room posts

Postby Cairo » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:08 am

Perception (+3): 1d20+3 = 15:

JiC D20: 1d20:

JiC D100: 1d100:

Conditions: Force Disc

Military Etiqette [80%]: 1d100:

Cairo enters the Ready Room carrying a data-pad as he searches out Tancredi-now-Nibiru's office. He'll knock at the door to announce himself, and snap off a clean salute as needed. If Speckles is present, "Good to see you sir. I haven't seen you since I space-jumped from a Pirate ship onto the Bait-n-Switch ... Congratulations on your promotion. I don't know if you are familiar with the 1st SOG's last off ship deployment ... I'm sure you have had plenty of other things to do. We landed on a rock called Chandrakhant that had huge Dinosaurs roaming free without any apparent native sentiments, and a big Atorian city-sized ship monitoring it. I'm sure politicking is going on all over, but if we're needing to acquire organically so we can avoid fracking starving to death ... I submit that if we can't acquire it through trade or something ... a few squads could probably lift enough off that Planet to alleviate our emergency-status. Alternatively, I would love to board and clear, or at least raid, that damn Atorian ship. With a few folks like say ... yourself we could space anyone in orbit, and upgrade our fleet immensely."

Cairo feels there was a lot of unfinished business left back on Chandrakhant and at least wants to float the idea of return to someone before the New-Brass have assignments set in stone. If Nibiru's not receptive, CJ thanks him and will plan to head out to the Crow's Nest to meet up with whomever is available for the evening [OOC: Because CJ had invited folks to drink to Gyn, & actually he'll invite Nibiru/Speckles as well because Gyn was a friend of their CO as well].

EDIT: CJ departs as appropriate headed first for the [[--- CROW'S NEST ---]] per above to meet up with Ryden, Miwa, and anyone else who joins. He's not there to tear it up, the affair is somber and the PA Pilot will turn in early barring any disruptions ...
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Worn: Jeans, Longsleeve T-shirt, Boots.

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Re: Flight Deck: 1st S.O.G. Ready Room

Postby Captain Cardea » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:33 am

Before the Meeting
CJ shows up early to talk to the Commander before the meeting. Cairo finds himself well received, but the Commander is non-commital.

"These are all excellent options. As you'll soon see we're a little messed up with central command at the moment, so I can throw these taskings into the mix but I can't say how they'll be received or actioned. The hunting for food is a good idea, and we can probably just send Marines to do the job. No use wasting your talents."

Gving a nod the COmmander returns to his work, "See you in a few."

Aftermath
The next morning the ship returns to routine as much as possible, but signs of the previous struggle still persist. Slight damage, undermanned posts, and an air of silence all serve as reminders that things are not as they were. In the briefing room the team is met by LCDR Nibiru Akeno, Commanding Officer, Special Operations Command.

The Commander begins the briefing in a subdued tone, "Your role in supressing yesterday’s events was unmatched. You have done the special operations group proud. Captain Cardea passes on her grateful appreciation. Normally I would commend you to the Admiralty, sadly however, no Admirals survived the attack." The Commander pauses to let the news sink in. "The fleet is in some limbo as the Captains deliberate a succession plan. All twenty Battleship and Carrier Captains will vote for a new leader. However, regardless of the outcome the responsibility and autonomy of individual Captains will no doubt increase. While I am generally in favour of less micro management from the brass, I suspect fleet unity will be strained by these events." Flashing the perpetrators of the coup up on the screen, "You know the leadership of the attack was driven by spooks. Some of you even felt their mind bending effects. Treatment varies from ship-to-ship but at the very least Captains are keeping their local spooks on a short leash. I suspect this will continue."

Silver Lining
Moving on from the after-action the Commander smiles, "Thank you again for your service, I was am proud to acknowledge your contributions not only yesterday but since the beginning of our odyssey." He stops and gives a wry smile, "And with fewer Admirals I can actually award your actions without reams of paperwork." In turn each person’s profile appears on the screen along with a description of their actions:

"Mr. Halko, you are hearby promoted to Sergeant, and awarded a silver star for gallantry in action. I have also added a personal commendation to your file."

"Mr. Hunter: I am pleased to say your formal reprimand has been suspended and been replaced by a personal commendation. Also, please accept a commission to 3rd Lieutenant."

"Mr. Ridatharen, as the acting CO of the squad during the coup, you are very deserving of a commendation for leadership. Congratulations."

"Mr. Zeddeus, you too have been acknowledged with a personal commendation and a promotion to 2nd Lieutenant."

"Mr. Xanreys, for gallantry in action you have been award a silver star and a personal commendation."

"Ms. Hassan for gallantry in action you have been award a silver star and a personal commendation."

"Mr. Daisuke has also been given a personal commendation. However, our personnel shortages require him to be transferred to a new unit."

After the presentation of the awards the Commander smiles, "Congratulations, everyone. These were hard earned and well fought recognitions."

Leadership
Turning his attention to administrative matters the Commander casts a gaze out to the room, "As is the custom in Special Operations, the position of squad leader for the first SOG is based on merit and unit cohesion rather than seniority or rank. Therefore, you must decide among yourselves on who is to officially assume the role of squad leader. Please consider that over the next three days and advise me of your decision."

A Ship of Your Own
The screen soon fills with images of three small spacecraft, "Your recent actions prove you can be trusted to deport yourselves well outside the constant gaze of a superior. Therefore we have seen fit to provide you with a ship for your operations. We expect your operations will require you to venture far from the fleet. Please make a ship selection and modify it to your needs. The sooner you choose the sooner we can transfer the asset to your unit for training and customization."

Ship Choices:

"Let me know which one you want and we’ll have here moved to your hangar today. If there are no other questions you have four days to refit and recuperate before our next deployment. Thank you."

OOC:
Medal Contest
Players can submit their own "silver star" medal creations. Then the group can vote on which they like best. The winning submission can be included in the signature line of all who have received one. The player who submitted the winning submission will receive 1,000 bonus XP, and all other players who submitted an image will receive 300 bonus XP.
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master

Postby Cairo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:07 pm

Perception (+3): 1d20:
+3

Conditions: Force Disc

CJ walks in through the Ready-Room about 10 minutes ahead of start time and snags a spot a few rows back where he , **Didn't notice it before. Stadium Seating eh? Fancy. On the Assegai, we had something that looked like a classroom.** When Halko walks in CJ waves, "You try the steak and eggs for breakfast today? I went ahead and skipped the hash browns because I'm trying to hold off ... gotta maintain my figure."

When the briefing begins, the PA Pilot falls quiet and listens to Speckles' summary, **Interesting, so they're voting eh? ... I guess that's good. You've got the highest level folks looking at each other and deciding who they think is best to lead ... Barring some spook 'convincing' the others to vote for him. Hopefully this will get us a few guys with good records. Maybe we'll even get their names this time.**

The Awards section catches CJ a bit by surprise but he's genuinely happy and he'll go ahead and clap when Halko gets his promotion and Medal, "Congratulations big guy, you deserve it." If this reaction isn't joined by the others CJ won't keep repeating for the others.

He'll listen up to the Leadership and Ship queries, thoughtfully, "I dunno about the ships. That big one looks like it'd be a pretty big target compared to an Albatross ... What do you guys think?"
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)

Gear: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol with Silencer [4 Clips], [2] Energy Club, [2] Vibro-Knife, [3] Flash Grenade, Communicator
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:11 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 13:

JIC: 1d20:
1d100:

Military Etiquette: 70%=1d100:

Halko is dusting off his uniform and making sure he is spick and span as he enters the Ready Room. Taking his seat, he grins at Fang, "Keep up the fantasy. I'm waiting to see if you get brought up on charges for shooting a superior officer." He gives another chuckle, "Seriously though. The nutrient paste cracker was.... inventive as least."

Halko listens to their current CO, and former Squad Leader, as he gives a summary of their current situation. Frak, none of the Admiralty made it. The Spooks aren't going to have an easy time of it now. Too many went in with Jakartha. And poor Tancreadi died on our side. Lets hope Wynd gets locked in a hole for a while.

When the meeting is over, Halko looks to the others and waits for one of the officers to speak first. HA! Promoted and I'm still the low man out. At least Sergeant gets me up the chain.

Fang wrote:He'll listen up to the Leadership and Ship queries, thoughtfully, "I dunno about the ships. That big one looks like it'd be a pretty big target compared to an Albatross ... What do you guys think?"

Halko shrugs, "We've already had an Albatros hulled on us twice. But I'm thinking it depends on the mission and what will give us the most versatility."
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Current Details

Alias: Torren Odjuz - Eclipse’s Heavy Gunner
H.P.: 49/52
S.D.C.: 0/80

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

A.D.F. Standard Issue Modular Utility Belt
• Attachment: A.D.F. Slug-Thrower
• Attachment: Magazine, Slug-Thrower (8/8)
• Attachment: clip, GS Auto Pistol (15/15)
• Attachment: Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol

Current Conditions: None

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ryden » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:17 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 9:

,1d100:

Ryden comes in from the same paste on paste "biscuit" that was some cook's approximation of gravy and biscuits. It fills the hole of hunger with a light dusting, but it's better than nothing. Sitting down, he can't but grin at Halko and Cairo's banter. When Nibiru enters, he fires off the appropriate shows of respect. As the briefing begins and the news of the Admiralty flashes to them, Ryden can't be surprised. He'd seen who had survived and who had not. In fact he was who let the Captain know. Regardless, it is still a bad time to have no real leadership.

He sits through the talk of what will happen to the spooks and can't say he's surprised. Hopefully those link Doctor Linkus will not be persecuted for the actions of the malcontents. He is also not surprised as Halko is promoted and gives the man a thumbs up of approval and congratulations. Surprise does come as his name and commission are mentioned in the same sentence. His mouth visibly drops open, only to be closed into a tight beaming grin. 'Commission!?!?! Wait, why? Lack of candidates. But commission for me?? Wait till I tell Miwa!!' Still the sobering thought of just how many people had to die for him to get this chance hits him. His grin fades only a little, and he makes sure to congratulate each man in their honors, all well deserved.

When asked about leadership, Ryden raises his hand. "Respectfully sir, I think the man for the job has the job. Nova's done right by me. Others can have their own opinions, of course." He looks at the others. "We probably need to make sure we have a second in command chosen as well though." He glances at Speckles with a slight grin. "Never know if someone is going to get taken out by a huge bounty hunter breaking their leg, right sir?"

When the discussion of ships comes up, Ryden doesn't hesitate. "First of all, the Cygnus is a hulk with the sensors of a blind gnat and the maneuverability of a drunk dumpster. It doesn't need to be doing Spec ops work anyway. It needs to be put to work gathering supplies from what few friendly places we can find. Give it an upgrade in all systems, a squad of marines as internal security, plus a work crew and command crew, with two shrikes for support and a couple of Albatrosses ferrying between it and the fleet on prearranged meeting points. Should make sure to have some ambassadorial types and trade types among the command crew. You'll need to give everyone customized gear so they look like a well armed merchantman, not a military crew. Other than an Albatross ferrying cargo back and forth, it should have no further contact with the fleet for safety. Our jump capabilities give us a stealth advantage we should use."

Looking at the other two, he shrugs and offers his advice on the ships. "My gut says we should go with the Albatross. We know it, it's a damn good ship, and has excellent sensors and weapons. But thinking about it, maybe the Osprey might not be a bad idea. If we can stuff in the jump drive from our old ship, plus sensors, electronics, and weapons on it, maybe with a deck plan update and we'd have a good ship. It's fast and has a FTL drive already, and the jump drive would let us traverse to and from the fleet without giving it away. It'd bigger than the Albatross and most importantly, I don't think the Bounty Hunter has seen it." He glances at Speckles. "As you probably know, we ran into toothy again. He's seen the Cygnus and our Albatross. Not sure if he's seen the Osprey."

He shrugs, sitting back. "We'll need to run drills on it though, plus do all the upgrades. Not too bad though."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Captain Cardea » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:54 pm

Ryden wrote:When asked about leadership, Ryden raises his hand. "Respectfully sir, I think the man for the job has the job. Nova's done right by me. Others can have their own opinions, of course." He looks at the others. "We probably need to make sure we have a second in command chosen as well though." He glances at Speckles with a slight grin. "Never know if someone is going to get taken out by a huge bounty hunter breaking their leg, right sir?"

Chuckling the Commander nods to Ryden, "Agreed. You should consider a basic command structure. However, I know from experience the SOG doesn't stand on formality."

Ryden wrote:He glances at Speckles. "As you probably know, we ran into toothy again. He's seen the Cygnus and our Albatross. Not sure if he's seen the Osprey."

The jovial tone slakens at the second mention of the bounty hunter, "Yes. Toothy, as you call him, is becoming more than an irritant. Perhpas it is time the 2nd SOG starts hunting him. Nonetheless, I leave you to your decision making. Send a message when all has been decided."

With that, the commander leaves the group to their business.
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master

Postby Ryden » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:40 pm

(rolls held)

Ryden has a lump in his throat about the 2nd hunting him down. He squashes back any protective thoughts. Miwa's team will take care of her. "Better have them go over our debriefs on him in detail sir. I collected a lot of video."

Ryden thinks about it after Speckles leaves and chimes in again. "You know, we could organize the Cygnus into a home away from home for all SOGs, under SOG command rather than under Fleet logistics command. Have Fleet logistics handle the movement back and forth, but have SOG command call the shots in terms of targets and places to trade. Be easier to get approval for the changes."
Current Details

ImageImage

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:07 pm

Perception (+3): 1d20+3 = 12:

Cairo chuckles at Brainiac, "Oooo I wasn't excited before, but a hulk with the sensors of a blind gnat and the maneuverability of a drunk dumpster, sounds like a challenge ... I do like a challenge hehehe. But something that size feels like is should spot like a dozen Albatross turrets and a couple Cruiser-class weapons. No? Ok well I'll get a challenge on the dancefloor hehe ... The Osprey seems like it could be fun if we can get the upgrades Brainiac's mentioned. Heck I'd like to see a series of 6 turrets if we can get em ... If we get a full squad complement we can get everyone onto turrets, if not we can designate dual turrets to a few people or get some automated."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ryden » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:27 pm

(Rolls held)
"It's got Stealth coating, so I think we'd want to make our weapons pop up turrets, not always out there. That eats up space, but I think it will be worth it in terms of getting around unnoticed. We should be able to get 4 turrets in with similar loadouts to the Bait and Switch. Maybe we can work in some power emitters too. Could you imagine Nova's portal being used for the whole ship to avoid incoming fire and flank the enemy? Or either of your forcefields? Remember, if we are able to get the planetary sensors of the Albatross, we'd need four crewmen, and four gunners. I think having all four able to be slaved to a single operator is a good fail safe solution though."
Current Details

ImageImage

Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:00 pm

Rolls Carried Forward

CJ leans back in his seat nodding to Brainiac, "Well I'm a big fan of stealth, but why would the turrets have to be hidden to make that work? Isn't that just another system to maintain and/or fix? We have always been able to slave targeting from 1 Albatross turret to another though, I just want 4 more turrets hehehe ... If we have twice the tonnage, let's see if we can fit twice the defensive measures into it. That way if we have more folks along we have more gunners. If we don't we can fire-link the turrets or put them to autofire on intercept. Oh and I figured you were the man for drafting an automated targeting program. I mean I'm up to give it a shot as long as you don't mind checking it over afterwards ... I think we'd all be more comfortable relying on a Cyberjacker's programming than mine ... Niall, Gilina, it looks like the Osprey has some actual Forcefield generators ... Brainiac is right about Bio-E Amplifier's being nice, but have either of you guys worked on the pure tech versions? ..."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Niall » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:55 pm

Perception: 1d20:

1d100:

Niall enters the Ready Room, prepped for bad news. He is, however, taken aback by the commendations handed down. As Ryden gets a commission, Niall grins widely. About damn time.

Ryden wrote:"Respectfully sir, I think the man for the job has the job. Nova's done right by me. Others can have their own opinions, of course.We probably need to make sure we have a second in command chosen as well though. Never know if someone is going to get taken out by a huge bounty hunter breaking their leg, right sir?"

Niall nods his head, emphatically. "Nova stepped up and did the job. I second that nomination. Further, if we're talking about second in command, I'm gonna put Brainiac in for that. Smartest Arismal alive - we could do a lot worse."

As the discussion wends towards ships, Niall is at first leaning towards the Cygnus. It's non-military, and big enough to accommodate workshops and lab space if we need it. We could use the versatility.

Ryden wrote:"First of all, the Cygnus is a hulk with the sensors of a blind gnat and the maneuverability of a drunk dumpster. It doesn't need to be doing Spec ops work anyway. It needs to be put to work gathering supplies from what few friendly places we can find. Give it an upgrade in all systems, a squad of marines as internal security, plus a work crew and command crew, with two shrikes for support and a couple of Albatrosses ferrying between it and the fleet on prearranged meeting points. Should make sure to have some ambassadorial types and trade types among the command crew. You'll need to give everyone customized gear so they look like a well armed merchantman, not a military crew. Other than an Albatross ferrying cargo back and forth, it should have no further contact with the fleet for safety. Our jump capabilities give us a stealth advantage we should use. My gut says we should go with the Albatross. We know it, it's a damn good ship, and has excellent sensors and weapons. But thinking about it, maybe the Osprey might not be a bad idea. If we can stuff in the jump drive from our old ship, plus sensors, electronics, and weapons on it, maybe with a deck plan update and we'd have a good ship. It's fast and has a FTL drive already, and the jump drive would let us traverse to and from the fleet without giving it away. It'd bigger than the Albatross and most importantly, I don't think the Bounty Hunter has seen it. As you probably know, we ran into toothy again. He's seen the Cygnus and our Albatross. Not sure if he's seen the Osprey."

Halko wrote:"We've already had an Albatros hulled on us twice. But I'm thinking it depends on the mission and what will give us the most versatility."

Ryden wrote: "You know, we could organize the Cygnus into a home away from home for all SOGs, under SOG command rather than under Fleet logistics command. Have Fleet logistics handle the movement back and forth, but have SOG command call the shots in terms of targets and places to trade. Be easier to get approval for the changes."

This idea strikes Niall's fancy. "I agree - use an Albatross or an Osprey for infil and exfil, and use the Cygnus to stage ops from. If, as Ryden suggests, it's used for all the SOGs, it'll allow us close coordination of ops, as well. It'll need heavy upgrades to armor, weapons, and drives, if we can get them, though."

As the discussion turns to the Osprey, Niall slowly begins to see the advantages. "If we're using the Cygnus as a staging vessel, then an Osprey - appropriately armed and armored, and with a Jump drive - would be better. If it - or the fleet - can't accommodate the necessary modificaitons, then I'm good with an Albatross... though, as noted, we've had one hulled on us before, so I'd love heavier armor."

Cairo wrote:Niall, Gilina, it looks like the Osprey has some actual Forcefield generators ... Brainiac is right about Bio-E Amplifier's being nice, but have either of you guys worked on the pure tech versions? ..."

Niall shakes his head. "I'm familiar with the theory, and... frankly... there's not much engineering I can't eventually get my head around. I'd requisition the specs, and a reference library for those types of units, and we'd want to put into the fleet on a semi-regular basis for routine maintenance, but for combat repairs I'm sure Hassan and I can manage. I've not seen the Bio-E amplifiers in use before, only in simulations, and I'd be eager to try one before signing off." And get rated on weapons systems, as well.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
H.P.: 41/41
S.D.C.: 25/45
Power Touch Points: 850/850
Current Gear: A.D.F. Light Strike Anti-Gravity Suit, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit
A.D.F. Light Strike Anti-Gravity Suit
A.R.: 12
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 50 each
--Legs: 65 each
--Main Body: 100
--Slim-pack: 25
FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Ryden » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:59 pm

(Rolls held)

Cairo wrote:CJ leans back in his seat nodding to Brainiac, "Well I'm a big fan of stealth, but why would the turrets have to be hidden to make that work? Isn't that just another system to maintain and/or fix? We have always been able to slave targeting from 1 Albatross turret to another though, I just want 4 more turrets hehehe ... If we have twice the tonnage, let's see if we can fit twice the defensive measures into it. That way if we have more folks along we have more gunners.

"Well presumably most spacers out there don't go around with weapon turrets popping out of every nook and cranny of their shuttles. If we're going to be operating in a stealth situation, it might make sense to hide at least some of our potential. If only to make the customs cutter crews feel less threatened."

Niall wrote:Niall nods his head, emphatically. "Nova stepped up and did the job. I second that nomination. Further, if we're talking about second in command, I'm gonna put Brainiac in for that. Smartest Arismal alive - we could do a lot worse."

Ryden is surprised. He can't help but grin at the sentiment, but objectively he knows there are better leaders in the group. "As much as I appreciate it, and I really do, the smart money is to put Cairo or Halko up for second, though I'll take a third spot if we decide we need it. The best use of my skills is in gathering and analyzing data. I can make the decisions, but sometimes I get so hyper focused on the details and analysis I can miss the forest for the trees and leaves. And yes, even as a newly minted officer, I'd happily take orders from Halko if it came down to it. With the exception of Ms. Hassan, who I haven't really had the time to work in depth with through no fault of her own, I trust each and every one of you and would trust you to make the right decision. And if you insist on me being second in command, so be it." He pauses and looks at her. His statement may seem harsh, but to the genius it's simply a statement of fact, and facts can be cold. "I have no doubt you'll live up to your potential, but we haven't really worked that closely together yet. That will change, I'm sure." He offers a smile to her.

Niall wrote:This idea strikes Niall's fancy. "I agree - use an Albatross or an Osprey for infil and exfil, and use the Cygnus to stage ops from. If, as Ryden suggests, it's used for all the SOGs, it'll allow us close coordination of ops, as well. It'll need heavy upgrades to armor, weapons, and drives, if we can get them, though."

As the discussion turns to the Osprey, Niall slowly begins to see the advantages. "If we're using the Cygnus as a staging vessel, then an Osprey - appropriately armed and armored, and with a Jump drive - would be better. If it - or the fleet - can't accommodate the necessary modificaitons, then I'm good with an Albatross... though, as noted, we've had one hulled on us before, so I'd love heavier armor."

"It's got about the same armor, unfortunately, as the Albatross. What it has, though, is a drive that doesn't set off every gravitic sensor for light years. We had to do that hard fall into atmo last time because we couldn't risk the Atorians figuring out where we were. I mean Nova pulled it out, but I don't think any of us really wanted to do that. With a non-anti-grav engine, we can traverse in and out of systems a bit quieter. And if we can stuff a jump drive in, we can have a good backup FTL option that doesn't leave traces for when we have to meet up with the fleet or evade pursuit."

Cairo wrote:Niall, Gilina, it looks like the Osprey has some actual Forcefield generators ... Brainiac is right about Bio-E Amplifier's being nice, but have either of you guys worked on the pure tech versions? ..."
"Oh those things are kinda awesome if we can get them working. You can literally block incoming fire with them. Show I used to watch used them for the transforming battle fortress after they fried their primary forcefield. I've heard of other races using them too, you know, in real life."
Current Details

ImageImage

Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:41 pm

OOC: I understand the space issues, but CJ just wouldn't @ this point & to him, a bigger ship is an opportunity to mount bigger guns. Making everything retractable just means we only get less potential firepower.

Rolls Carried Forward

"I can fully appreciate the idea of wanting to keep things low key for certain types of missions. But if we haven't had any of those assignments yet, do we really want to plan entirely to try and be sneaky? The Fleet has had to flee the Atorians a couple times, and sometimes that means fighting until we're jump-ready. I'm newer, but I don't think we've ever fled customs inspection. To me it feels risky to foresake almost all our offensive capabilities and be essentially unable to contribute in a battle. Could we double-down with some Shrike STL drives into an Albatross to get rid of your AG concerns? ..."

When the issue turns to Leadership CJ grins initially (though this fades), "No need for a Coup in this Squad, I think we're pretty comfortable with Nova as C.O. I wouldn't mind following Brainiac's lead when Nova's absent, or I can play whatever role is needed... Gods, can did anyone else see Lazash in the Hangar fighting for the Mutineers? I spent weeks with her when it was just a haze of beatings getting worked over by those pirates ... It was me-n-her against the only other bastards in that little piece of Space. She patched me up a dozen times. What if she'd ended up embedded with the 1st like she was originally assigned??? ... I never thought I'd find myself dodging fire from her during some power grab. Shoot she's not even a spook ... Brainiac do you know if she landed in the Morgue?

The PA Pilot frowns as he scratches at 3-days worth of growth shadowing his chin, ** Was she recruited into it before we left for Chandrakant? If she had come with us to the Planet would she have gone over? Was she one of them or did she get Mind-Jacked?? ... **
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Halko » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:49 am

Percep: 1d20+2 = 18:

1d100:

Halko looks back and forth between the tech guys as they start to talk ships. He follows along as much as he can but the technical stuff goes over his head. He keys on the phrases about what is faster and what has more arms and armor but beyond that, he just doesn't have the knowledge to follow along. Eventually he states, "If there's a turret, I'll be happy to man it otherwise I can do internal security. I wasn't onboard at the time but Toothy did get on the Cygnus at one point." He gives a light chuckle, "In that last fight on Chandrakant, Toothy said I was like a puny version of him. So immobilizing him would likely be the best way to stop him. My new black goop power might stop him, but he may have the strength to break free."

When the talk turns to the command structure, Halko nods at Nova's continued lead, "I agree. Nova should keep the lead. As for a second, Ryden is a very smart S.O.B. and would make a good third but we need someone more... tactical for a second. I'll put my nod in for Cairo. He did put an end to that carp in CIC when we were getting brain jacked."

Halko turns to Ryden, "Thanks for the nom Brainiac. While I think it would be funny as hell to have a Sergeant as second over a squad of Lieutenants, I think there's better people in place for that. And congrats on the promotion." He gives Ryden a slap on the back, "Great work."

When Cairo's talk turns to questions about why Lazash sided with the mutineers, Halkos says, "Only she could tell you why my friend. Best to focus on what happens now. We thought we Arismal had a lot to recover from before. The mutiny just made things harder. But it Seems Captain Cardea is taking things well in hand. Personally, I'm hoping for some sort of Captains Council that can evolve into a civilian government like what we had, once we find a place to settle."
Current Details

Current Gear:
Set of Civilian Clothes (Jeans, T-shirt, Button up shirt, sneakers), Light Filtering Contacts, VidComm Watch Deluxe, Cheap Sunglasses

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Niall » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:35 am

(rolls carried)

As Cairo notes that Lazash was a mutineer, Niall pales.

"She..." He shakes his head. "She must've hot-footed it back to R&D right after the Captain's address to the crew. I went there not long after, and she was in there."

He pulls out his datapad and sends a note to Captain Cardea: "Captain, it has come to my attention that Lazash in R&D was fighting alongside the mutineers yesterday. After your address, she had resumed her post in R&D. Not sure if she had been cleared or not, but wanted to inform you ASAP."

He slips his datapad back into its pouch at his side, looking a bit green around the gills. I suppose she could've been mind-jacked. I guess that's up to command to determine, though. He frowns. I hope this doesn't mean that my ideas - and our dental stem cells - get shoved aside, and forgotten. I will have to make a note to go back down there soon.

Turning to the group, he says, "I sent a note to the Captain RE: her activities during the mutiny."

He tries to turn his attention back to the discussion of leadership. "Honestly, you are all very capable. I'd be fine with anyone in the 1st SOG as second in command... except me." He smiles weakly, trying to make it look like self-deprecating humor. He'd almost gotten nauseous when Nibiru left, and there was a question, for a brief window, of who would command, and he hoped it wouldn't be him. Honestly, I wouldn't mind command of a non-combat, technical unit. But I don't suppose the fleet has any non-combat units any more.

He sighs deeply. "As far as a ship, I'm mostly interested in not getting hulled again, and evading detection." Realizing how weak that sounds, he hastily adds, "Packing a bigger punch would be nice too."
Current Details
ImageImage
Current Gear: A.D.F. Light Strike Anti-Gravity Suit, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit
S.D.C. by Location:
FAS Tier 1
S.D.C. by Location:
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Ryden » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:38 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 22:

,1d100:

He nods his appreciation to Halko. "Thanks!" He nods to the comments, his mind working. "Then we've got two motions for Cairo. let's put it up and be done. That's also two for me as a third, if we need it, like for attrition or something. Up or down on that as well."

Looking at the situation and the very valid points about the need for stealth vs firepower, Ryden smiles. "So let's get greedy." He lets his words hang a moment before continuing. "Let's use a standard cruise missile requisition tactic*. We ask for a fully upgraded Cygnus, a better armed stealth shuttle in the Osprey, and a stealth assault loadout for the Albatross. Then we cede the Cygnus to SOG command suggesting they work with Logistics to put together a crew that can support all SOGs in the field, as well as do some trade out in the wild. Attach the Osprey and the Albatross to the Cygnus, with the understanding we will use whichever we need to for the mission and let them use the other as the courier the Osprey is meant as or as a picket ship for the Albatross. Also have them equip the Cygnus with Shrikes or maybe something else entirely. And make sure no one wears uniforms on the Cygnus, that way visiting traders will think them mercs or maybe even AWOL soldiers having taken up the life of a Free Trader. We don't need the Cygnus. It's big, bulky and slow, even upgraded. We'd have to pull a destroyer's jump drive to make that thing jump capable, and that is just not worth it. We do need both the Osprey and the Albatross, but not at the same time. We need both fit out to our specs. I think this is the best way to make that happen." He looks at Nova and CJ. "If we do this, you're going to have to be EXTRA convincing when we present it. I'll make sure the paperwork is perfect, but you've got to present it and it's all about asking earnestly for the Cygnus and the other two, and then reluctantly coming in with the suggestion about SOGCOM taking over the Cygnus with Logistics and loaning whichever of our ships we're not using to them."

*OOC: The idea is to request something so ludicrous that your actual objective seems tame by comparison - reasonable even.
Current Details

ImageImage

Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:05 pm

Rolls Carried Forward

Military Etiquette [80%]: 1d100:

CJ looks a bit unconvinced by Brainiac and his plan, "I've seen it, hell I've done it Brainiac, but that's a pretty big bluff routine. Getting greedy on that level might very well put us up at the top of some shitlists ... I'm more inclined to go with requesting the Osprey cusomized and authority for an Albatross if needed. We were offered a ship not a command. We're not setting our own agenda and mission assignments. Asking for the Cygnus to be decked out as a SOG only resort is going to make us look like d_cks ... at least right now with everyone starving, and damn that's going to burn up any possibility of getting our Wardogs cusomized for ground operations. Why use the Cygnus anyway? Why not use the Asteroid base in the Hesperos system? ..." looking around at the assembled members Cairo takes the temperature of the room (if Nova doesn't straight veto the idea), "We might be able to sell it, but it may cost us some goodwill. What do yo guys think?"
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Captain Cardea » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:02 pm

Move it Along

As the team debates their ship selection a mundane with a flight suit and orange vest pops his head into the room.

"Sorry to bother you guys, but the Chief wanted me to find out what ship you wanted. There's a big log jam in the hangar bay and getting something out of there into your hangar would sure free up some space. We always give priority to you SOG guys but it's getting a bit hairy with recent events and all."
Captain Cardea
Assistant Game Master

Postby Ryden » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:43 pm

(rolls carried)

Cairo wrote:Rolls Carried Forward
CJ looks a bit unconvinced by Brainiac and his plan, "I've seen it, hell I've done it Brainiac, but that's a pretty big bluff routine. Getting greedy on that level might very well put us up at the top of some shitlists ... I'm more inclined to go with requesting the Osprey cusomized and authority for an Albatross if needed. We were offered a ship not a command. We're not setting our own agenda and mission assignments. Asking for the Cygnus to be decked out as a SOG only resort is going to make us look like d_cks ... at least right now with everyone starving, and damn that's going to burn up any possibility of getting our Wardogs cusomized for ground operations. Why use the Cygnus anyway? Why not use the Asteroid base in the Hesperos system? ..."

Ryden twists his mouth in concentration. I know I couldn't pull off that bluff, but I had hoped CJ and Nova could. He nods at the wisdom of not overreaching their position. "You're right, of course. I could make the paperwork stick, but no way I could pull that off. I was hoping you guys might be able to. Regardless, then we put in a beefy Osprey plan and then ask for as the mission requires access to an Albatross. That way we get our cake and eat it too."

Cairo wrote: looking around at the assembled members Cairo takes the temperature of the room (if Nova doesn't straight veto the idea), "We might be able to sell it, but it may cost us some goodwill. What do yo guys think?"

Ryden doesn't even hesitate, nor does he seem overly emotional about it. His cool analytical mind is in overdrive. "I think that we just brought that back twelve days ago. The fact that Speckles is not walking around in the splint any more is a testament to Dr. Links' and the infirmary's medical skills. Besides we paid enough for it that I don't think we could turn a profit. I'm curious as to why it hasn't been put to work already. I guess with all the problems with the Admiralty it got left to the wayside. We should come up with a separate proposal for SOGCOM to make it an information gatherer and trader. It'd also be a covert meeting spot for us to bring things back to the fleet without directly going back to the fleet. We'd still come back for mission completes, but milestone type stuff we could drop off with them. Maybe suggest a faux trade company be formed around the Cygnus." If CJ looks confused as to why Speckle's walkign around status might be in question, Ryden backs up and fills in the power armor driver. "Sorry, Speckles got his leg broken by that bounty hunter on our way back to the fleet with the Cygnus. We had to space the bastard in order to get him out. Bodean, Speckles, and Brynn all fought the bastard to a stand still. Bastard broke Speckles leg, disabled B-Man's power armor, and was pounding on Brynn something fierce. We arrived back at fleet 12 days ago. The Cygnus and the Osprey have been sitting there since then. Nova and Halko were responsible for bringing back a FAR rep in the Osprey. Cyra Starborne. Wonder if she made it through this in one piece." He glances to Nova. "You heard from Brynn lately? I know he went to see his sister or cousin or something at some point and got a transfer, but that's about it. I haven't heard from B-man in a few days either. Probably has to do with the leadup to all this crap, but still."

"By the way, for future operations we pass ourselves off as Kassan mercenaries. We'll have to bring the attitude though. Kassan make me look humble, and I say that as the upper part of the top 1% smartest Arismal alive." There is not a single twinge of hubris or unseemly pride in stating that, as he literally is speaking statistics. But he is also obviously aware of how superior that attitude can be perceived. "The Kassan are basically what could have happened to us had the Atorians not destroyed us. They haven't had a war in 125 years. They have had unadulterated advances in research and development in the sciences and technologies. Their average wealth per citizen is so high as to make the top 20% of Arismal wealth before the attack look average in comparison. They dress and decorate ostentatiously, but not gaudily. We could pull it off with some research, investment, and immersion. But don't expect that to endear us to anyone here if they see us without scrubbing that from our visage first."
Current Details

ImageImage

Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:18 pm

+3=18

Conditions: None

CJ offers a wan smile to the guy in the vest and holds up a finger apologetically. He cocks an eyebrow as the avalanche-that-is-Brainiac sort of launches, "Just ... as a point of clarification. I meant sell 'the idea' of the big-upgrade bluff not sell the Cygnus. We can definitely go the route of the paired requisitions though, 1 requisition for the Osprey Revamp with an Albatross option, then a 2nd requestion for the big Cygnus-Picket-Remodel proposal."

The PA Pilot listens carefully to the inevitable info-deluge, "We can do Kassan ego, or I can go sans-goggles as needed. The Atorians haven't destroyed us quite yet hehehe. Nova? Backlash? Crash? ... I think we're on a clock here."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ryden » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:46 pm

(rolls held)

Hearing Cairo's idea about going without goggles gets Ryden thinking. Implants are not a possibility, but what about contacts that both block light and provide tactical readout. Providing power would be the trick. Maybe they could find a way to get their bodies to power them short term (a few days or so) and simply switch them out often. In that case they'd need something to print new contacts on demand. Then he thinks like a Kassan and smiles. Customization. They needed custom goggles and glasses, Compact jobs that still provided HUD and camera capability, but also look stylish. No way he can make that happen in the fleet, but maybe if they can make some money, they can make it happen on the open market. Goggles with HUDs and micro-comms aren't any sort of sensitive technology. Should be able to get it on the open civilian market. 'I'll have to bring that up with Niall and Ms. Hassan.'

Ryden nods at CJ's summary and looks to the others. He suddenly realizes just how much he's been vocalizing and looks sheepish. "Sorry for the brain dump guys. I don't normally let all that out at once. Seriously, what do you guys think?" He firmly shuts his mouth after this.
Current Details

ImageImage

Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Niall » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:21 am

(rolls carried over)

After Ryden and Cairo ask for team input, Niall speaks up. "I think you've got me convinced on the Osprey. I like... the idea... of the Cygnus... but it's just not practical. Having it possibly be a sort of advance base for the SOG units would be good."

He shrugs "As to whether we should request everything we want in the face of seeming greedy, all I can say is: You request what you request, and you get what you get. We'll only seem greedy if we take something someone else really needs."

Niall begins thinking about the loss of the admiralty, and how the confusion in the upper ranks may have contributed to the mutiny - not that the mutineers were blameless - and wonders what the original plans for the Cygnus may have been.

I know Ryden spoke up before about using the Cygnus to gather supplies... dunno how much the Admiralty was listening... to him or anyone else. Was it even conveyed to the right people? Too much infighting maybe. I wonder what Tancredi's position was... whether they even listened to him. Was Tancredi an outsider? Now we've got Cardea - hopefully the captain gets a seat at the table, picking new leadership, then we can have a voice, albeit indirectly, and maybe do more than just... survive.

We've certainly seen, from our position in the fleet and in the field, some things to make us pause, and the 1st SOG has one of the finest minds left to our species, and a fair few tactical thinkers as well. I know even I have had an idea or two about the fleet, and about trying to ensure the... the... future of our species.

"Guys... this is off-topic... but... I think I'm going to spend a couple of days between missions, I guess as time permits, uh... drafting a... uh... I guess a series of observations and proposals to submit to the captain. About... uh, everything. Not just military success, but also the survival of our species, and things like prioritization and such. I'd welcome if anyone would like to review it before it gets submitted."

He clears his throat and continues. "My point being, uh... I think that... there perhaps may not have been a clear plan going forward, and if a proposal from us can help map the way forward, or even begin the planning process... or-or-or if such a plan exists, we might be able to provide an insight or two that they haven't considered..." He looks at Ryden, "... probably. Pretty likely, actually. In any case... couldn't hurt, right?"
Current Details
ImageImage
S.D.C. by Location:
FAS Tier 1
S.D.C. by Location:

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Ryden » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:39 am

(Rolls held)

Ryden listens as Niall speaks up more or less in agreement with he and CJ. It was his follow-up that caught the cyberjacker by surprise. It seems so...brave...for him. He's no coward, but he tends to play risk-averse if he can help it. Putting himself out there like this is a big thing for him. "I'll definitely help with some counterpoints and fact checking. You might get with the Second for their input too. I could probably arrange some introductions pretty easily for anyone you don't know yet. Cast your net wide as it were."
Current Details

ImageImage

Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:38 pm

Perception: 1d20:

/1d100:

Rosseyn has to work through his headache in order to really catch any of Speckles' briefing. Spooks on a short leash... I wonder what that means for the rest of IO. When the promotions are handed out, Rosseyn can't help but feel pride at the makeup of his squad. At the mention of a vote for leadership of the squad, Nova prepares to hear his squadmates' protests about any number of matters. But instead...
Ryden wrote:When asked about leadership, Ryden raises his hand. "Respectfully sir, I think the man for the job has the job. Nova's done right by me. Others can have their own opinions, of course." He looks at the others. "We probably need to make sure we have a second in command chosen as well though." He glances at Speckles with a slight grin. "Never know if someone is going to get taken out by a huge bounty hunter breaking their leg, right sir?"

Niall wrote:Niall nods his head, emphatically. "Nova stepped up and did the job. I second that nomination. Further, if we're talking about second in command, I'm gonna put Brainiac in for that. Smartest Arismal alive - we could do a lot worse."

Cairo wrote:"No need for a Coup in this Squad, I think we're pretty comfortable with Nova as C.O. I wouldn't mind following Brainiac's lead when Nova's absent, or I can play whatever role is needed...

Halko wrote:When the talk turns to the command structure, Halko nods at Nova's continued lead, "I agree. Nova should keep the lead. As for a second, Ryden is a very smart S.O.B. and would make a good third but we need someone more... tactical for a second. I'll put my nod in for Cairo. He did put an end to that carp in CIC when we were getting brain jacked."

Rosseyn runs his hand through his hair nervously and looks away for a moment. "Well shit. You boys make me want to be a good leader. I'm game if you all are. As for a second in command..." Nova takes a quick look at each of his squadmates before continuing. "I wanna see what Fang's got. All of you have shown your amazing skill on and off the field, but Fang's just... he's got a fire inside of him. I want that fire to help us lead the squad. So, my vote is for Fang as my second."

When the talk switches to the type of ship the team wants to use, Nova listens to the chatter for a while before pitching in his own. "The more I hear Brainiac talk, the more I'm liking this Osprey idea. We've pretty much struck out with Albatrosses, let's try something new."

Cairo wrote:Why use the Cygnus anyway? Why not use the Asteroid base in the Hesperos system? ..." looking around at the assembled members Cairo takes the temperature of the room (if Nova doesn't straight veto the idea), "We might be able to sell it, but it may cost us some goodwill. What do yo guys think?"

"We may have found it, but it belongs to the fleet. They may be able to use it as a supply transport or deck it out in some other way. Either way, let's not get greedy. The Osprey will do us plenty good. I do like the idea of using that Asteroid base to our advantage."
Ryden wrote:He glances to Nova. "You heard from Brynn lately? I know he went to see his sister or cousin or something at some point and got a transfer, but that's about it. I haven't heard from B-man in a few days either. Probably has to do with the leadup to all this crap, but still."

"Come to think of it, I haven't. Can you get a message out to all the old crew, make sure no one else got caught up in something similar to us? Oh, and let them know about Pops." Nova says the last sentence with a twinge of sadness. You were supposed to outlive us all, old man.

Niall wrote:"Guys... this is off-topic... but... I think I'm going to spend a couple of days between missions, I guess as time permits, uh... drafting a... uh... I guess a series of observations and proposals to submit to the captain. About... uh, everything. Not just military success, but also the survival of our species, and things like prioritization and such. I'd welcome if anyone would like to review it before it gets submitted."

"That is a damn good idea, Crash. I'd love to see what you whip up. We've been spending so much time fighting for our lives and running that we haven't put much stock into our future."
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119

Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Niall » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:40 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Ryden wrote: "I'll definitely help with some counterpoints and fact checking. You might get with the Second for their input too. I could probably arrange some introductions pretty easily for anyone you don't know yet. Cast your net wide as it were."

Niall nods, nervously, his mind still racing. "Any help would be appreciated. I have a few ideas knocking around. I'll begin drafting something after the meeting and after I get some repairs done on our armor."

At Nova's note of approval, Niall nods. "Thanks, boss," he says, and smiles, a little more confidently.
Current Details
ImageImage
S.D.C. by Location:
FAS Tier 1
S.D.C. by Location:

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:04 pm

Rolls Carried Forward

Military Etiquette [80%]: 1d100:

Lore: Alien [55%]: 1d100:

Computer Operation 1d100:

CJ frowns for a second at Nova's mistaken understanding that he was suggesting they sell the Cygnus even though he just explained to Brainiac that this was not the case, **I guess he still needs a bit of time to recover. No use correcting him too.**

The PA Pilot nods along blithely to Brainiac and Crash and waves over the Vest-Guy, "Sorry bout the wait. Tell the Chief we'll have a Requisition out in a few. It looks like it'll be 2-part.

Then he tries to pull up a Requisition Form on his Datapad, fails, and slides it down the desk at Brainiac, "Ok, let's get an Osprey, and a Cygnus. I'll walk it up the chain if Nova's still too punchy, but you wanted to handle dotting i's and crossing t's."

At Niall's off-topic comment, CJ nods thoughtfully, "I am glad to help however I can, but it's not likely I'm going to bring anything in that Brainiac won't have thought-of-forgotten-and-reimagined-twice ... like I'm sure lifting a bunch of Atorian cloning tech and repurposing it to rebuild our population has already been kicked around all over the place."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ryden » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:59 pm

(rolls held)
Rosseyn wrote:"I wanna see what Fang's got. All of you have shown your amazing skill on and off the field, but Fang's just... he's got a fire inside of him. I want that fire to help us lead the squad. So, my vote is for Fang as my second."

"I think that leaves just you Ms. Hassan. What is your first name anyway? Hi, I'm Ryden Hunter, the resident smart ass and genius all wrapped in one." he extends a hand to her in formal greeting, while smiling.

Rosseyn wrote:"I do like the idea of using that Asteroid base to our advantage."

"I'll play devil's advocate here. The only way I see that base being useful is if we towed it somewhere else. Those pirates know where it is. And if we took it from the where it is, they'll probably just sell that info to someone else if they think they can't take it. Like that Atorian fleet or that bounty hunter. Think about a bunch of techs and line marines holding out against that monster. He'd slaughter them and it would be on us. If we move it, it would take support from the fleet. At least one really big ship and its escorts. If the Atorians get lucky or the pirates have a tracker on that thing, it wouldn't take much to track us down and take out part of the fleet. I'm all about setting up a static base. By all the gods anyone has ever worshiped, we need it. But I don't think it's worth the risk. Maybe I'm wrong. I want to be, but I don't think I am. Same thing for going after that Atorian city ship. Unless we can clean it out, and we can't do that without one hell of a stealthy insertion and some recon, and then an escape so we can plan a strike. That's a LOT of ways for that to go bad. I'm not saying it can't be done. We've infiltrated Atorian bases before, but it had best be one hell of an insert and exit strategy."

Rosseyn wrote:"Come to think of it, I haven't. Can you get a message out to all the old crew, make sure no one else got caught up in something similar to us? Oh, and let them know about Pops." Nova says the last sentence with a twinge of sadness.

"Copy that bossman." He immediately fires off emails to inter-fleet communications requesting some screen time with all former 1st SOG personnel, including Wynd. Curiosity wracks his brain as he types the name.
Military Etiquette 80%/1d100:
- to get screen time in the next few days with all of the surviving members of the 1st SOG so I can get an idea of what's going on with them and let them know about Gyn. Barrack I'll let know about Gyn and ask him about why he joined the revolt.
Current Details

ImageImage

Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Ryden » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:16 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 20:

,1d100:

Ryden begins filling out the paperwork for the Osprey first. He gets input from Niall and Hassan on what they will need. He includes the entire wreck of their Albatross, the Osprey, a full set of engineering gear with cranes and loaders, access to specialized computer software for system upgrades, more generic equipment like bunks and bathrooms, replacement crew stations for any of theirs that are destroyed and more. Quite a bit of it will only be included as both engineers make the suggestion. He makes sure everyone looks it over and adds anything they want to include. He includes an Anti-gravity flight pack slated for Niall with a sly smirk on his face. "Crash, you rated on A-G Packs? We should upgrade you to body armor like mine." For reason he puts in that it will expand tactical options on mission and in the short term may help with the work to refit the Osprey as well. "Anyone need anything else? I'm putting in our mission gear as well. The idea being we'll stock our lockers while we're fitting out the ship. How many from the deck crews will we need? I can help with any computer or electrical work. You two seem to be full on engineers in terms of skill. Cairo can help me or you guys. But there's a lot of grunt work." He glances to Nova and Halko. "You guys willing to throw in for grunt labor on this? I don't see it getting done quickly without us helping. Reducing the strain on the deck crews will buy us some good will too."

Military Etiquette
80%/EP Spent for Crit Success to write requisition order perfectly with all appropriate entries, every possible code entered, and anything that can be done to make it as easy to approve as possible done.

Details of Requisition (to be added to by rest of crew)
    Osprey Shuttle
    Parts for upgrades to Osprey Shuttle
    Software for Upgrades to Osprey Shuttle
    Anti-Grav pack for Niall
    Wrist Laser Training for Ryden
    Full Engineering tool suite (including cranes and loaders) for team to refit the Osprey)
    A small number of deck crew to help with Osprey Refit
Code: Select all
[u][b]Details of Requisition[/b][/u]
[list]Osprey Shuttle
Parts for upgrades to Osprey Shuttle
Software for Upgrades to Osprey Shuttle
Anti-Grav pack for Niall
Wrist Laser Training for Ryden
Full Engineering tool suite (including cranes and loaders) for team to refit the Osprey)
A small number of deck crew to help with Osprey Refit
[/list]
Current Details

ImageImage

Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:28 pm

Rolls Carried Forward

Taking a seat CJ watches Brainiac filling things out, glad that the EWO took over, "I'm glad to help with anything I can, as needed ... I'm rated as a Field Armorer, for computer programming, cyberjacking, and can do some minor repairs ... for Mission-Gear yeah I was looking for some upgrades to my Wardog down in R&D before ... I'll list em here just in case ..."

CJ Additions to Requisition List wrote:Portable Hacking Computer w/ Headjack Connections -- AUGG Pg 151
Marine Armor Plating for Wardog [@ Least the Marine Armor Helmet]
Thermal Imaging Optics Upgrade for Wardog
[PS] Upgrade to Wardog [PS 40]
Replace Wardog Beam Cannons with Marine Armor Tri-Beam Lasers [OOC: lower damage but faster firing]
Install Retractable Vibro-Blades on Wardog Forearms [2d6+3, AU Pg 164]
Last edited by Cairo on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Niall » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:56 am

(Rolls carried forward)

Ryden wrote:"Crash, you rated on A-G Packs? We should upgrade you to body armor like mine."

Niall nods, smiling weakly. "Yeah - That'd be good. Especially since I'm not a good runner." In his mind, however, he's going over in his head what to include in the proposal he wants to draft - going over and over fleet assets, weaknesses, and possible strategies. What are the priorities? How should it puzzle together... His mind ticks along like a clock, pushing the fear - fear of failure, of embarrassment - down into his gut to fester and roil, but ultimately to silence it, at least for now.

This is getting done. I may not get another chance to really contribute to our people, to our survival. Someone's surely had all these ideas already... but maybe not. Maybe there's just one thing I can contribute that's not been thought of. That makes it worth it.

As Ryden asks if anyone needs anything else, Niall shakes his head no. "I think... I've got enough for now. If I notice I need anything else at any point, I can requisition it." Maybe PA training and a War Dog.

At the end of the meeting, Niall wanders off. He roams the halls, hungry, and passes the lounge a number of times, not quite able to will himself back in. His mind going a mile a minute, he continues 'writing' a rough draft in his head, in advance of sitting down at a keyboard. Eventually, he wanders back to the 1st SOG's berthing.
Current Details
ImageImage
S.D.C. by Location:
FAS Tier 1
S.D.C. by Location:

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Gilina » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:59 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8:

JiC d20 | d100: 1d20:
| 1d100:

Current Conditions:
Force Aura (OFF) : SDC: 200 / AR: 14 / HF 10 | No Minuses in Darkness/Blinded

Military Etiquette -- 1d100:
/ 74%
Mechanical Engineer -- 1d100:
/ 64%
Spacecraft Mechanics (Specialties: Anti-Gravity, Jump Drive, Metallic Hydrogen, Nuclear-Fusion) -- 1d100:
/ 69%
Electrical Engineer -- 1d100:
/ 49%]

Gilina arrives and stays quiet throughout the briefing. Her eyes constantly watching Niall, waiting for him to attack again. I can't shake this feeling they unleashed his inner self. When offered her commendation, she walks up in her best military fashion. Showing the others just how green she is in the military, trying way too hard to be crisp, clean and perfect. Yet with trying way too hard, she overcompensates and looks a bit controlled while being all over the place.

As Cairo brings Niall and Gilina into the conversation of the ship they should use, Gilina just nods letting Niall do the talking. Her mind is half there, not really paying attention as well as she should, if it wasn't for her Radar, she would be giving sideways glances at Niall making sure he wasn't going to brandish another weapon on her. Trust, you need to trust these people Jill... It was the Psychics that fraked with their minds. Still...

It isn't till Ryden starts to talk directly to her that she breaks from her stupor, "I wouldn't want to lead yet myself. I'm still getting a feel for this whole rank, and military life." She stays out of the ship design considerations for the most part. Piping up only when there is an actual technical issue and what she's familiar with. Stating facts that she doesn't know what kind of operations the 1st SOG has encountered and what mission profiles are common.

Braniac wrote:"I think that leaves just you Ms. Hassan. What is your first name anyway? Hi, I'm Ryden Hunter, the resident smart ass and genius all wrapped in one." he extends a hand to her in formal greeting, while smiling.

Jill takes Ryden's hand, "Gilina, but I also go by Jill."

As Ryden starts to ask for input on the Osprey, Gilina puts in her technical details, about the various subcomponents of spacecraft engineering. Making sure to get proper part numbers and/or technical details correct for the computer whiz. It isn't till he asks for personal equipment that she blanks. "I don't have much in the way of gear. Standard Armor and weapons would be fine, I guess. I'm rated expert will all personal weapon systems. I prefer hand to hand weapons such as a sword, club, and polearm though."
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Augur » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:16 pm

Everyone in the 1st SOG receives a message through the wireless.

Message wrote:Briefing at 0700 tomorrow. Deployment within the week. This will be an intelligence gathering mission, not a combat OP, so prepare accordingly.

LCDR Nibiru Akeno, Commanding Officer, Special Operations Command

I am relocating Ryden & Cairo to the Armory.

Ryden starts towards the armory and is quickly followed by CJ as he jots input into the formal requisition.

(The Armory)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Postby Halko » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:07 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 14:

1d100:

Halko stays quiet after he makes his nominations for the commanding officer and second in command. He sits there grinning at all the brass in the room, Yeah, its all LT's, butter bars and all. But I'm still the man at the end of the chain. And what's the deal with this black goop? How the hell did I manifest a new power this long after my original powers showed up. He shrugs a bit to himself as the talk turns to ships.

Halko's eyes glaze over as the talk starts to include more and more about which ship they should use and how it should be refitted.

When the tech comes asking about the ship selection, Halko stand and turns to Nova, "Sir, Unless you need me around here for some reason I'm gonna go look for a friend. The one that gave me the warning that something was wrong on board. I'd like to see if she made it through this mess."

Assuming that Halko gets the okay, he will head off to the check out some of the ships's common rooms before invading the Wildcard's berthing.
Current Details

Current Gear:

Constant Conditions:

Image ImageImage
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ryden » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:24 pm

(rolls held)
Gilina wrote:"I wouldn't want to lead yet myself. I'm still getting a feel for this whole rank, and military life."

"New to Military life? huh, tell me about that later. Sounds like some story."

Gilina wrote:Jill takes Ryden's hand, "Gilina, but I also go by Jill."

"Good to meet you officially Jill. You should speak up. We're SOG, so we don't really ride on that proper etiquette thing. Gets in the way of the job. Even a private or corporal can have a good idea or plan, and in SOG, that's what matters. Eventually though they promote you," he grins at this. The reference is obvious, of course.

Gilina wrote:"I don't have much in the way of gear. Standard Armor and weapons would be fine, I guess. I'm rated expert will all personal weapon systems. I prefer hand to hand weapons such as a sword, club, and polearm though."

"You should get stun batons then. I know Fang loves 'em. I think it's the Naidin that have that rifle built into a staff things. Maybe its Atorian? I don't remember. But combining a ranged weapon and a melee weapon goes all the way back to putting knives on the ends of crossbows, or bayonets on muskets. You might also want to get better at our laser gauntlets too. Good backup weapon you don't have to draw. It's funny, they're standard issue but we don't get any real training in them. I'm sure it was part of some new initiative they had in mind, but it just never materialized. I figure I'll get good with them so I can use them well."

[Now gone to Armory]
Current Details

ImageImage

Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Cairo » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:53 pm

Conditions: None

Ryden wrote:"You should get stun batons then. I know Fang loves 'em. I think it's the Naidin that have that rifle built into a staff things ..."

CJ looks down at the energy batons on either hip, "Yup. Love these things because they are melee weapons I can Merge to, they offer defense when standing toe to toe with some of the big ass monster-crap we get to tangle with and we don't want to announce ourselves with STAR-fire hehehe ... "

**Hmmm some kind of combination weapon might be interesting for the future, but for now I just want to see about upping the Wardog's game. Making it into a bit more of a War-Wolf ... or Boarwulf? ... and hope the new Captain-Committee comes up with a plan that breaks the empty-plate problem and moves us further up the food chain. Tired of being hunted by the Atorians as a nuisance.**

[[OOC Exit Stage-Left per TGM ... to the Armory!!]]
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details

Constant Conditions:

Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Return to Fleet Archives