Spacer Street

The Novoo is where people come from all around to get their hands on TGE products, contract shipping and warehousing interests, and dodge sanitation scows en route to clean up Grymdin.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Gilina » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:29 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 7
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 2 | 1d100 = 68

Current Conditions:
Force Aura (Off): SDC: 200 / AR: 14 / HF 10 | No Minuses in Darkness/Blinded


When Niall talks about Cairo and his sudden manifestations of super powers, Jill speaks up. "I haven't had any spontaneous new powers. Plus, I haven't been in combat recently. If you need, I'll volunteer as well."

After saying that she has not had any spontaneous powers, she quickly goes over everything the past few days. The fight back on board the Dauntless, her time on board the Star of Arismal. No, nothing unusual. I haven't felt strange or unusual. No exposure to strange radiation, fluids, or even tossed into a vat. I think I'm good.
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:28 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 2

Ryden is chasing down a lead on Zed's ship and has all messages minimized and in a corner, rather annoyed at their persistance. He mutters to himnself, "Do you people have anything to do aside from pester me..." When he gets to a good pause point he scrolls through messages and then sees the trouble. He dumps himself out of null grav and VR only to realize he'd twisted himself into a reclining position and he falls unceremoniously to the ground. He gets up as Ro and Crash are moving their injured leader to the bed. Fang's last message about being incoming comes as he is tossing the bloody clothes in a bag.

As Fang comes in is hooked up, Ryden stays out of the way and collates what he has. He grabs a meal bar and eats it as he works, downing some water along with it. He actually drinks extra water, overstocking his body on fluids.

Intel Report, Day 46 wrote:Image
What you are looking at is the Compulsion. From my own recollection, I think this is Zed's ship. But I have yet to verify that. I can track video in real time, but getting to recordings is actually difficult and will require a risky RES dive. I have access to two networks that can be dived.
    Recommendation: Fang and I dive each of the two RES networks after recovery from fluid transfers.
Nothing of note found on analysis of Shambo's books. Translation incomplete.

He emails this to everyone and then sits back and does some tinkering in his personal RES system while he waits. (rolls to be posted later)

When CJ is done, Ryden steps in to be next. "I give everytime there's a blood drive. I don't have his stamina, but my own is nothing to sneer at. you can take one from me."
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:32 pm

Conditions: Coma-fornia Dreaming

"Mom? Dad?" The lights were off in the house and Rosseyn was waking up from a nightmare. Being chased and eaten alive by a pack of wild Grodtuxes was not a desirable way to go out, but the young boy awoke just before his dream reached that conclusion. As was customary in his household, he went to go report his problematic sleep to his father. But his father wasn't in the study as per usual. Weird... he's always in his study. Maybe I'll check downstairs. Rosseyn went downstairs to check the patio and once again his father wasn't there. "Dad? Mom?" Where is everyone? Continuing the search through the house revealed that he was all alone. Except... Are they in the basement? I'm not supposed to go down there... Ross thought about which scared him more, being all alone or breaking the rules in his house. "Dad?!" Ross yelled through the house, to still no response. He's got to be in here... he's just gotta be! Six year old Rosseyn walked down the ten drab grey stairs to get to the huge door to their basement. It took a few jumps, but he finally got the hooked lock to open. Pushing the door open revealed an overwhelming warmth and light. Knowing his father has to be in there, he walks in...
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:45 pm

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception (+5): Original post: 1d20+5 = 14
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 92


H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Merged to Vid-Watch and Hacking PC

Niall wrote:Niall smiles at CJ. "... Before I put any additional strain on your systems, like drawing several units of blood, I'd recommend you have a full medical workup. I'll take a unit now, and if we need one later, I'll consider taking another, but without Doc Links to give the thumbs-up, I'd rather play it safe ... Also, I'd prefer Aldric be conscious before we transport him. Stable condition doesn't mean we should transport him just for the heck of it."


CJ shakes his head as his mind wanders the digital screens, "Hehehe the Grey Suit was the Trick eh? Glad you are feeling better. Worry away, but take the 2 Units. Don't care if you put it into him yet, save it for last if you want but the odds are my regenerative capabilities could only help him. I'm not interested in coming back and doing this later. I donated a double dose 5 days ago, before I bulked up and added over 20 pounds of Muscle. Over the course of the day I'm near 15,000 calories, so I have a lot more in my tank than most ... "

**So far I haven't seen anyone else really trying to make up the calorie deficit from extended time on a near-starvation diet. Being hyper-careful isn't going to get what we need done.**

The PA Pilot's eyes are closed, he's presently moving lines of code around on a screen no one else can see, but he keeps talking, "If you wanna keep him here that's fine, but I do not want to be hunkered down here in hiding ... Sammy? Did you find anything on our Nithian friend? ... " When the Intelligence Report comes in from Brainiac he lets out a whistle, "Ohhh-ho. It looks like Sammy has a line on a probable ID on that Frakker's ship. It's pretty too. Is that something that can be piloted by 1?"

Pilot: Military Spacecraft: Small [108%]: 1d100 = 16 - Eyeball overview of the Compulsion (# of Airlocks?, Notable Weapons Mounts?)

If he hears Jujak moving around he asks, "Ro? ... How far did you and Aldric get on his questions? Obviously he's not passing around an evaluation so I get to step back in ... What I really want to know is: How long have you been here? Besides being Speedy, what can you do? and ... Whaddaya-know-bout the Bloodsport Hippodrome over in the Hykri? or what can you look up? ... Because I'm thinking a Trio, You, Torren [Halko] and Me go mix it up ... "
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ro Shambo » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:54 pm

Ro Shambo
Perception: 1d20+20 = 27 (+5 tactile, +1 in wide open spaces, +2 in darkness)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 81
  • Natural A.R.: 14
  • H.P.: 37/37
  • S.D.C.: 333/245
  • I.S.P.: 123/89
Conditions: Horror Factor: 12; Can breathe toxic or poisonous air without ill effect. Resistant to fire/heat and cold (half damage).Can detect when someone is "tensing for a fight".Can attempt to detect lies (PU1 p.32), Can identify emotional state, physical health and condition of others. Can sense (super)powerful life forms. Extraordinary Strength.
Is wearing a hood and scarf hiding his face.

Cairo wrote:If he hears Jujak moving around he asks, "Ro? ... How far did you and Aldric get on his questions? Obviously he's not passing around an evaluation so I get to step back in ... What I really want to know is: How long have you been here? Besides being Speedy, what can you do? and ... Whaddaya-know-bout the Bloodsport Hippodrome over in the Hykri? or what can you look up? ... Because I'm thinking a Trio, You, Torren [Halko] and Me go mix it up ... "


"Huh? Yeah, I could chop it up with you guys, smack around some mooks. I've been here a day, don't know squat. But I can look up stuff. Turns out a thousand monetary units don't count for much, so I'd be happy to make some more. I'd like to upgrade my weaponry after that display." Ro Shambo replies and then goes on to recite what he considers his attributes:
"I am a genetically-reconstructed super-soldier, trained and engineered for seek and destroy missions. I have extraordinary senses, speed and agility as well as psychic abilities. I can create a sonic boom with my voice and disrupt communication devices by will. I was assigned to the Arismal Desk at ASIS four years ago. Weeks ago I was given the criminal cover and shipped here. "

Ro looks up the Hykri Bloodsport situation:
Research 52% (Adjusted to Level 4) 67% vs 1d100 = 70 fail
Ro Shambo
 

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:40 pm

Conditions: Dreaming of You

"You sure it'll be OK if I come with you to work, Dad?" Nine year old Rosseyn was getting pretty big and had boundless curiosity. His father had been more and more distant due to his long days at work, but he told Rosseyn "I'll make it up to you. Come see my lab. Today's the day we reveal the project I've been working on." Rosseyn wandered around the premises for a short part of the day, but most of it was spent in the control booth with his father. It overlooked the tech lab where he was building something he called the B.E.A. Rosseyn didn't know what it did but if dad was proud of it, then it must be important and cool, right?

"Dad. Dad. Daaad! Does it have Holo-Jammer 2 on it!?" His father in his grey A.S.L. jumpsuit shook his head and removed his protective goggles. Patting his technician on the back, he excused himself and headed over to where Ross was standing against the window. "No Holo-whatever on it son. This is the future of our society right here in that room. That pair of gloves down there? Those things will allow our people to use our strengths in ways we can't even imagine yet. You know how I can make my hands spark with electricity? And how your mother always goes to her special white room when she needs alone time? Well, with these gloves, she would be able to open doorways wide enough for an entire building to go into the dimension her room is in. I could power this entire section of our planet using just my hands! These gloves will take what we are and make it even better. Do you get it?" Ross nodded and then asked "What do you think it will do when I use it? I don't think I can do those things yet." His dad thought for a moment and then said "I'm not sure... Wanna find out, buddy?"
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:14 pm

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception (+5): Original post: 1d20+5 = 14
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 92


H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Merged to Vid-Watch and Hacking PC

Jujak wrote:"Huh? Yeah, I could chop it up with you guys, smack around some mooks. I've been here a day, don't know squat. But I can look up stuff. Turns out a thousand monetary units don't count for much, so I'd be happy to make some more. I'd like to upgrade my weaponry after that display." Ro Shambo replies and then goes on to recite what he considers his attributes ... "I am a genetically-reconstructed super-soldier, trained and engineered for seek and destroy missions. I have extraordinary senses, speed and agility as well as psychic abilities. I can create a sonic boom with my voice and disrupt communication devices by will. I was assigned to the Arismal Desk at ASIS four years ago. Weeks ago I was given the criminal cover and shipped here. "


**Niall already said there's a Fleet, and Brainiac said its a ragtag civilian sort of collection of survivors, but either way, being here to get food is something we can cop to without it undermining our story to this guy. Maybe we admit to a couple cruisers ... and voila, nothing new needed.**

His eyes following an invisible screen and windows Cairo listens to Ro's self description, "Heightened Senses, speed, & psychic skills ... Do you get future-flashes? [<<Assuming a 'No'>>] Damn, well I guess you aren't the guy to beat the Casino with. Ok well those all sound useful ... A sonic Boom? I knew someone who could do that once. She had a thing for a buddy of mine ... they were loud in the sack. Now radio jamming? That's nice. Just radio or is it all wireless stuff? Can you do video and closed circuit stuff too? ... can you pick up on unscrambled transmissions? ... You said a criminal Cover? That's a cover for while you do what? You're an asset, an investment of time and energy, so I'm guessing you weren't sent here to sit on your thumb and spin around hehehehe ... Are you making contact with someone?"
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ro Shambo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Cairo wrote:His eyes following an invisible screen and windows Cairo listens to Ro's self description, "Heightened Senses, speed, & psychic skills ... Do you get future-flashes? [<<Assuming a 'No'>>] Damn, well I guess you aren't the guy to beat the Casino with. Ok well those all sound useful ... A sonic Boom? I knew someone who could do that once. She had a thing for a buddy of mine ... they were loud in the sack. Now radio jamming? That's nice. Just radio or is it all wireless stuff? Can you do video and closed circuit stuff too? ... can you pick up on unscrambled transmissions? ... You said a criminal Cover? That's a cover for while you do what? You're an asset, an investment of time and energy, so I'm guessing you weren't sent here to sit on your thumb and spin around hehehehe ... Are you making contact with someone?"

"Nah, mostly mind tricks. I can pick up transmissions if I know what I'm looking for. Easier to jam things. Anything transmitted without a wire. I think I was supposed to meet a member of the Niamese Coaltion here. But then I met you guys and it seemed unlikely to be an accident. I'm not sure what the plan is, I'm likely a pawn in a game I couldn't begin to comprehend. But hanging out with you guys has been a blast. Never been out of Aroran space before, does this happen to you guys alot?" Ro points to the blood transfusion happening on his bed??!!! Guess I'm sleeping on a floor after all.
Ro Shambo
 

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception (+5): Original post: 1d20+5 = 14
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 6
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 92


H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Merged to Vid-Watch and Hacking PC

Jujak wrote:"Nah, mostly mind tricks. I can pick up transmissions if I know what I'm looking for. Easier to jam things. Anything transmitted without a wire. I think I was supposed to meet a member of the Niamese Coaltion here. But then I met you guys and it seemed unlikely to be an accident. I'm not sure what the plan is, I'm likely a pawn in a game I couldn't begin to comprehend. But hanging out with you guys has been a blast. Never been out of Aroran space before, does this happen to you guys alot?" Ro points to the blood transfusion happening on his bed??!!! Guess I'm sleeping on a floor after all.


"Well, mind tricks can be fun ..." responds Cairo as he pops the words Niamese Coalition into a Grymdin Telecomm search-box ... [Research [65%]: 1d100 = 24 - Niamese Coalition], "Alot is a very subjective term. We ran into him once before while I've been signed on, but that was in passing about 5 minutes before we ended up launching off a planet. As far as I know, this is the first time anyone was hurt. But that's one time too many in my opinion, and I plan to make a very nice set of boots out of that Nithian the next time I lay eyes on that scaley bastage ... After that, I wonder if there's a price on his head that we could cash in with the rest of him. I'm glad you're having fun, we have to scrounge up food to try and feed several boatloads of survivors before everyone starves or splinters and the society is essentially done for ... Hey, did anyone ever check into that shop in the Open Air Market I messaged about? The Glowing Codex?"
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Rosseyn » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:58 pm

Conditions: Coma-chameleon, he comes and goes, he comes and gooooooes

"This is highly unconventional, Jadnar...sir. The potential consequences if the council finds out..."
"I don't give a damn about the council, Kret. This is my kid. I told him he could give them a go, and my word is my word."
"Alright, sir. But this is just a quick run. I'm not risking my job so your kid can get his kicks."
"Got it." Jadnar Ridatharen, in his grey A.S.L. Jumpsuit and protective goggles leaned in closer to the microphone in front of him and pressed its switch. "How do they feel?"
"They're fine dad. A little tight, but it's OK."
"Alright, we're powering up over here... OK. We should be all set in 3-2-1... You feeling anything yet?"
"I feel something...its like...a small pebble that wants me to make it bigger."
"That's good! Just let it flow, Champ!"
Ross could feel something just out of his reach. Just let it flow, Champ... As Rosseyn opens himself to the feeling, he sees a hole in space begin to open in front of him. The lights around him go dim as some sort of dome forms over him and begins to expand. There's a loud noise and the gloves feel like they're getting tighter. He reacts and tries to take them off but the left glove has already overheated and started to melt around his hand. The pain proves to be too much and Ross stumbles forward, losing consciousness as he falls through the hole in space, shimmering in silver and the unknown.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Halko » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:43 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 4
JIC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 24

Halko/Torren, follows CJ into the room and tries to stay back and out of the way while Niall puts his medial training to good use. With CJ hunkering down to give as much blood the local expert saya Nova should have.

When, Jill is asked to secure the door, Halko steps over and says, "I got it. With me in front of it, the door's gonna have to be splinters before anyone can get through."

He motions for whoever is closest to Cairo's bag of meal bars, "Hey, toss me one of those things." He spends a the next few minutes being quiet and out of the eats.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:31 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 17

JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 39

Niall works through the 1st SOG - allowing Cairo to donate two units, despite feeling uneasy, then progressing to Ryden, Jill, and either Halko (if he is willing) or himself, checking each participant with the bio-med scanner before each transfusion.

Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 80% 1d100 = 70 (Rosseyn - SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 80% 1d100 = 20 (Ryden - SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 80% 1d100 = 9 (Rosseyn - SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 80% 1d100 = 82 (Jill - FAIL)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 80% 1d100 = 5 (Jill - SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 80% 1d100 = 13 (Rosseyn - SUCCESS)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 80% 1d100 = 83 (Halko or Niall - FAIL)
Read Sensory Instruments ☞ 80% 1d100 = 24 (Halko or Niall - SUCCESS)

As he goes, if the readings are satisfactory, he progresses to the transfusion, as before, developing a routine - sterilize, tourniquet, insert needle, release tourniquet. He washes his hands before each transfusion and changes into fresh gloves.

Paramedic 45% 1d100 = 11 (with Ryden - SUCCESS)
Paramedic 45% 1d100 = 79 (with Jill - EP Crit Success)
Paramedic 45% 1d100 = 56 (with Halko or himself - EP Crit success)

He asks Ro to assist if necessary, as he did before. He's the only one here who can't donate... so he's the natural assistant.

As he works, he listens to Cairo and Ro's conversation about powers and training, and cover identities.

Ryden thinks Grymdin's AI is pulling our strings here... but to what end? What does the success or failure of the Arismal mean to an AI? And I wonder if there's a way to test the theory...

"So... if Samil is right, and there's an AI pulling strings in our favor here... seems there should be a way to test that theory. If the AI is banking on our success... it may act as a powerful contact here on Grymdin, and provide us with intel or supplies on occasion. If we're inconsequential to the AI, then no harm done, right?"

Ro wrote:...does this happen to you guys alot?"


Niall smiles weakly. "First time." He looks around at the room. "We're... gonna need to clean this up guys... or pay a pretty stiff penalty I imagine. And maybe get Ro Shambo a new room in the meantime." Looks like a crime scene in here.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Augur » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:36 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 0400


Niall transfuses two units from Cairo over the course of three hours; Ryden is next, donating a unit over two hours; Gilina follows, donating a unit over two hours; ending with Halko over the course of an hour and a half. After roughly nine hours, Rosseyn is flush with blood and fluids, stable, and recovering naturally. His life is in his own hands now, Niall has done all he can.

OOC: Sorry, Rosseyn, asking you for rolls previously was ill-timed and unspecific.
If the player rolls two successful recovery rolls out of three, the character breaks out of the coma and is no longer in danger of dying. This also means that he is brought up to one Hit Point above zero.
Treatment from an intern or nurse (R.N.): 01-32%
Treatment from a doctor without proper facilities: 1-46%.

I'm shooting the difference between these two categories: 01-40% for a successful recovery roll.


GM NOTES:
There is one GM and one AGM. You will find that almost all location threads are GENERALIZED districts. Skills that aid in the navigation and exploitation of urban areas and social settings will be of benefit to those getting around Grymdin. Indicate clearly what you're looking for in a generalized area, post whatever skills might aid such a search, and let the A/GMs be creative.

Regarding undescribed threads: When a player indicates he's going to X location, I'll do my best to get the write-up for X written ASAP, then communicate such in the OOC chat.


Rooms reserved at The Kelvin Hotel:
Eleventh floor, all four rooms are adjacent to one another; paid for through day 56.
  • Halko/Niall
  • Cairo/Ryden
  • Rosseyn
  • Gilina
  • Ro--Sundance Hotel

Butcher's Bill
Cairo: -20 to personal S.D.C.
Gilina:
Halko:
Niall: -470 PTP;
Ro: -1 knife, -74 I.S.P., -88 to personal S.D.C.
Rosseyn: -40 to personal S.D.C./0 H.P.; comatose but stabilized[/i]
Ryden:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4938
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:34 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 14
JiC D20: 1d20 = 20
JiC D100: 1d100 = 35

H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Merged to Vid-Watch

Cairo shifts on the rolled-up jeans & T-Shirt he's using as a make-shift pillow and stifles a groan as he rolls over on the hard ground. He cracks an eye to find that even the dim residual light of electronics, stray beams through the window blinds and, hall-light creeping in from under the door, leave the Arismal ample illumination, **Not feeling the cold. That's good ... ** (OOC: Space Native means he's now immune to Cold). Then he merges to the Vid-Watch to check the time before rolling over onto his knees to stretch a moment. **It's been 9 Hours since he went down? 4 hours of semi-rack time because Zeddeus doesn't want us to transport Nova back ... Everyone's got frakking beds, but noooo we're stuck here instead <sigh> I guess Zed's not going to be looking here ... well not likely. Whatever, today he wakes up or we move him ... People are starving on the Fleet. Not going to sit here and wait for Nova to wake up and lead.**

Prowl [70%]: 1d100 = 17 --- Get up and move silently

Finding his feet quietly, Cairo watches for the steady rise and fall of Nova's chest to confirm that he's breathing unassisted and there's nothing wrong, then grabs the spare-clothes-pillow and puts them back into his bag as a song floats through his head **In the middle of the ni-i-i-ght I go walking in my sleep ... From the mountains of faith to a river so dee-ee-ee-p. Must be looking for something, something sacred I lo-o-ost but the river is wide and too hard to cross ... nah nah nah nah nah ...**. Forming a small Flight-Disc, he glides over any sleeping comrades, and opens the door to slip out and down the hallway.

Contingency: If anyone is noticeably awake (or he has to drag Halko out of the way), he glides soundlessly up an shows them an un-sent Text on his Watch:
Going for Donuts. Available via Watch. If Nova wakes, portal back to good hotel?

In his mind, he's bound for the Fresh Air Market ...
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Halko » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:01 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 51

Prowl: 65%=1d100 = 99

It had been a long night, but Halko did what he always did when there wasn't anything else to do. He caught some rack time. Though with them all crammed into Ro's room, Halko ended up settling down in front of the door. Plus, with his powers, no one was going to be pushing their way into the room. At least not without taking the door off the hinges.

As the lays in the pseudo dark thinking, Are we doing the right thing? Is this how we get back to normal? Sure we need food for the fleet but in the long run what are we going to become? We're never going to be what we were. Worst case, we die off and the universe goes on without the Arismal. We could find and ally or sponsor or something and end up just getting absorbed into their culture. Even if we find a good planet all to ourselves to settle on, it won't be home. Not for us at least. Maybe a hundred years from now our grand kids will call it home... This leads into thoughts about rebuilding the Arismal race, specifically with himself and Lt. Faux. He's grinning more than just a little at this thought when he notices movement within the room and Cairo comes gliding up.

Halko nods when he sees Cairo's message, the stupid grin still mostly plastered across his face but fading fast. He motions for him to wait a moment. Then he scoops up his weapons and straps them on before reaching into a pocket and pulling out his contacts. Dropping his contacts into his eyes, Halko gives his back a crack and moves to open the door so they can step out into the hall.

Once in the hall, Halko thinks about asking where they are going, but it doesn't matter. Though he does hope that day two on the rat hole turns out better than day one was.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ro Shambo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:24 pm

Ro Shambo
Perception: 1d20+20 = 32 (+5 tactile, +1 in wide open spaces, +2 in darkness)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 62
  • Natural A.R.: 14
  • H.P.: 37/37
  • S.D.C.: 333/245
  • I.S.P.: 123/89
Conditions: Horror Factor: 12; Can breathe toxic or poisonous air without ill effect. Resistant to fire/heat and cold (half damage).Can detect when someone is "tensing for a fight".Can attempt to detect lies (PU1 p.32), Can identify emotional state, physical health and condition of others. Can sense (super)powerful life forms. Extraordinary Strength.
Is wearing a hood and scarf hiding his face.


Ro Shambo grabs a chair and gets himself some shut-eye while the life-saving transfusion takes place on his bed. He dreams of Nithians, one in particular.
Psionic Seeking 55% 1d100 = 71 even a fail should indicate if Zed is in range (4 miles) success is pinpoint. fail

If Cairo doesn't wake him then the heavy-footed Halko certainly does. Bunk Math! thanks for the room guys, now get the frakk out!

He grabs his stuff as quietly as he can and follows. If he saw Cairo's text at all he says a minute or two later,

"...Hey?! Wait. Whaddya mean 'good' hotel?"
Ro Shambo
 

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:51 pm

Rolls Carried Forward wrote:Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 14
JiC D20: 1d20 = 20
JiC D100: 1d100 = 35


H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Merged to Vid-Watch

CJ shudders when Halko makes a bit of a racket, but then slips out to wait for him (and apparently Ro) to follow and moves down the hall a-ways. He offers a whispered response, "The one with beds for flipping everyone. That was just painful ... I think Soria was snoring, and Sammy's foot kept drifting over to where I could smell his funky-ass VR suit. Let's go find some grub, and maybe side-trip it past that Magic shop ... Gah I can't believe I even used those words."

[[ Fresh Air Market in the Soniua Mercantile District ]]
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ro Shambo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:49 pm

Cairo wrote:CJ shudders when Halko makes a bit of a racket, but then slips out to wait for him (and apparently Ro) to follow and moves down the hall a-ways. He offers a whispered response, "The one with beds for flipping everyone. That was just painful ... I think Soria was snoring, and Sammy's foot kept drifting over to where I could smell his funky-ass VR suit. Let's go find some grub, and maybe side-trip it past that Magic shop ... Gah I can't believe I even used those words."


"Yeah, not a great snooze for me either. Ha,ha, magic shop. I feel ya, this'll be a trip!"
Fresh Air Market in the Soniua Mercantile District
Ro Shambo
 

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:01 am

(Rolls carried over)

Niall takes Nova's pulse for what seems like the thousandth time tonight. All he can think of is the old video advertisement from Arismal television, 'I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV.' Once the last transfusion is complete, he gathers all the used medical tubing, gloves, and other trash and tosses it in the bin, followed by his surgical gloves. We need to dispose of this properly. Back on Arismal improper disposal of medical waste like 'sharps' was a crime... but back there, you could also drop them off at the hospital for disposal, no questions asked.

Once the room has been straightened up, he looks over at Nova. It's all on you now, Nova. I hope to Frigg I did everything right...

Ro wrote:"...Hey?! Wait. Whaddya mean 'good' hotel?"


Niall turns and sees Ro, Cairo, and Halko slipping out the door. He waves half-heartedly, unsure if they've even seen him.

He slumps down into Ro's now-vacated chair. He begins retracing the events of the day in his mind, beginning when Caja stole Ryden's headset. Shouldn't have let this happen... Even though the medic persona is just a cover, I'm still the only one even remotely qualified to act as one... unless Ro Shambo has some hidden talent. So I need to take it seriously. He sighs. I got too caught up in my own stuff... again.

As he ruminates, he drifts off to sleep.

Niall's dream wrote:Niall runs, feet thudding rhythmically against the treadmill, in the familiar environs of The Dauntless. Thud, thud, thud, THUD, thud, thud, thud, THUD. He stops, steps off the treadmill. THUD... THUD... THUD... Niall listens past the rhythmic hum of shipboard life, hears the dense thumping noise. It seems... oddly familiar to him, the way he both hears it, and feels it in his bones.

He steps out of the crew lounge, the door closing automatically behind him. He reaches up with his hands, and parts the dense jungle foliage.

THUD... THUD... THUD... In the distance, he sees something big, and fast. Zed?

He turns and bolts, scrambling through the underbrush, moving painfully slowly. He hears movement on both sides of him, the thumping noise coming faster now. THUD THUD THUD THUD. Something grabs him around the waist, and he panics! "HELP!" He looks behind him and sees two bipedal dinosaurs chasing him, as he is carried away. He struggles to get away, but he can't break the grip. "Let go! LET GO!" Every particle of his being says to run, to fight, to get away, and he struggles futilely against the vise-like grip around his middle. The grip shifts, and he sees his captor's face. Cairo?

"We're safe, Crash. Calm the frak down." Cairo's grip switches to Niall's shoulder, as he tugs at his own collar with his other hand.

"Sorry Fang... I thought we were done for."

Cairo smiles at him. "I'm not going to let some dinosaur eat you."

Cairo's hand comes away from his collar, peeling his face away with it. Underneath, his skin is scaly, teeth pointed. In a moment, the face is Zed's.

"Not when I can eat you myssself!"

The grip shifts to Niall's throat, and he thrashes uselessly once more. No! Let go! Have to get away, have to run!


Niall awakens on the floor of the darkened room. He hears Ryden's, Jill's, and Nova's breathing, and this calms him.
Last edited by Niall on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:08 pm

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 15
JiC D20: 1d20 = 19
JiC D100: 1d100 = 25

H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Merged to Computer

The wayward trio of Cairo, Halko, and Ro arrive back at Ro's room at the Sundance Hotel toting 6 To-Go Meals *** and ~18 Rippleberry Muffins. Cairo enters as quietly as he's able [Prowl [70%]: 1d100 = 6] and sets the food down over by the window. Finding that Nova hasn't woken up, and that the others don't seem to have moved much, **Well then I guess it can be assumed that Brainiac hasn't made any progress on confirming the Compulsion as Zed's ship, or reprogramming the Watch for Jujak with custom encryption, or getting more Starcharts ... Niall doesn't look like he's done much but freak out. He's going to jack up that suit sleeping like that ... aaaand Jill just snoring it up, didn't do anything but shop yesterday & she's all tuckered out.**

He shrugs to himself puts his computer up to his chest to -merge- where there is some privacy, and waves Backlash and Jujak back out into the hallway, "They'll find those when they wake up, and at least we don't have to carry them all over now ... Let's head back to Skyff's and see what we can do about a paying gig since the Fights aren't for a couple more days." As they move down the hall, he stops for a beat and looks at the Magic Ring acquired that morning to consider it for a moment before heading out to ... [[ Skyff's List in the Mercenary Commons ]]




***TGM Meal Description wrote:A fried yet somehow fluffy, thin, bread-like "wrapping" with a faintly sweet flavor which holds the contents together, then there's the oddly bitter but deeply flavorful unknown variety of egg that's the primary medium which holds within its scrambled mess a mix of diced, spicy vegetables, and a salty meat product of some sort; each bite is a riot of flavor that somehow manages to pull off a successful medley
Last edited by Cairo on Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:40 pm

Conditions: Coma As You Are
The door opened (there was a door?) and the mundane they had hired for a maid let out an ear-splitting scream before passing out at the foot of the stairs. Some help she was... Some thirty seconds later, his mother, Yelniss, came rushing down the stairs and the sight she came across was a sad one indeed. Her son, presumed missing for the past 3 days was lying on his left side in the basement of their home, unable to move due to his newly metallic arm weighing him down. There was debris everywhere and some mechanical pieces strewn about. Rosseyn looked to his mother and said "The gloves were trying to hurt me. Sorry I broke them." Without embracing him, she ran back up the stairs and half an hour later, law enforcement agents were on the scene. "Did I do something wrong, mom?" She just looked away from him as the agents took him away.

The poking and prodding they did hurt, but he wasn't afraid of the needles or the pain. One doctor came in and sat with Rosseyn and told him "I have some bad news for you, little guy. The Arismal Science League laboratory that your father works in has suffered a terrible accident, well... an explosion really... and we're afraid that your father didn't make it."
Confusion was the first thing on Rosseyn's mind but that quickly led to anger. "What do you mean? We were just testing out the gloves and he told me to do it and he said it was OK HE SAID TO DO IT!!!" The doctor quickly stood up and with fear in his eyes said "Rosseyn, I need you to stop doing whatever it is you're doing..." The doctor pointed down at the chair that Ross was sitting in and it was glowing blue with energy. Oh no...

Roll vs Coma: 2 EP Critical Successes

Perception: 1d20+2 = 18+3 regarding modern technology, +5 to perceiving any tactile characteristics
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 80

Rosseyn wakes up from his coma and slowly lifts his head. "Wha... What happened?" He tries to move his arms but the subsequent pain from moving with wounds causes him to just lie back down. "Wer...were we...attacked?"
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Halko » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:09 am

Percep:1d20+2 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 10

Halko doesn't even bother to go into the room. Instead he waits in the corridor as CJ delivers the food to the mostly sleeping team. Turning over to face Ro, Halko asks "Not that we've had a really typical day, but what do you think of the team so far?"

When CJ redirects the small group back over to Soldier Services, Halko nods, "Yeah. I think I'm more comfortable with some good old fashion merc work then doing the arena. I mean, with the arena you never know if your getting paid or not. Merc jobs at least tell you what the payday is and gives you a brief summary of what you can expect to find when you're on the job."

Halko gives CJ a nod when the man comes back out of the room and falls in step as they make their way back out into the station proper as the head for, Skyff's List in the Mercenary Commons.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:11 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 16

JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 36

Rosseyn wrote:"Wha... What happened?"


Niall jolts awake from his position, somehow, on the floor. What the? Thought I fell asleep in the chair...? He attempts to clamber to his feet.

"Oh good... you're awa...OOF." Niall lands with a thud back on the floor, as he tried to pull himself up using the bedframe to a sitting position, but his fingers somehow slipped.

Rosseyn wrote:"Wer...were we...attacked?"


Niall rolls over onto his hands and knees. "Yeah... by Zed. You took a serious hit, and I somehow missed WHAT THE FRAK?" Niall exclaims, as he finds himself sliding slowly on hands and knees across the floor. He comes to rest near the center of the room.

What the FRAK is going on?

Niall attempts to get to his feet, but the result is not quite what he had in mind. Now splayed on his stomach on the floor, he attempts once more to come to an upright position. He brings his hands together and pushes himself upward gingerly to his knees, a very confused look on his face.

Balancing carefully, he attempts to get, first one foot, then the other, firmly underneath him.

Sense of Balance 78% 1d100 = 34

His feet firmly in place, he slowly rises to a standing position, his arms outstretched like a tightrope walker. Once standing, he relaxes.

What the frak was that about? Am I being pranked? He glances toward the floor and the bedframe, so see if he can see any lubricant that might've been sprayed there. As he looks around, he catches sight of the meals and muffins that CJ had just left - still warm. Niall's stomach growls. He takes a step toward the table, and finds himself careening across the room. He slams into the table, his feet continuing their slide - which puts him on his ass half-under the table.

"MOTHERFRAK!"

The ceiling, he notes, is waterstained. The underside of the table could be cleaner.

Angry, and without thinking, he puts his feet on the wall under the table, and shoves. He had intended a slow scoot out from under the table, but what in fact happens, is that he slides on his back, head-first, across the room. He gets his hands up just in time to prevent a cranial injury.

This protects his head, but does not stop his momentum, and he shortly finds himself crumpled against the wall, his feet in the air. He shifts his weight sideways, and crumples to the floor.

FRAK THIS. NO SLIDING.

He braces himself against the wall, and struggles dizzily to his feet. Step by step, he walks toward the table, hands outstretched like a blind man. Once at the table, he breathes a sigh of relief. He reaches into the sack, and pulls out a muffin. He smiles, and lifts it to his mouth for a bite.

It pops out of his hand and flies across the room.
Last edited by Niall on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:52 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 24
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 96

After giving blood, Ryden eats a few more meal bars, packing on some carbohydrates while he begins some searches. First he pulls up the SSD. He registers under their assumed names, listing Premier as their DRO. He inputs a search for the following mission parameters:
  • Positive Rating by Premier DRO
    AND
  • Planetary and/or System Survey
    OR
  • Intelligence Gathering
    OR
  • Bounty Hunting (on or off station; low to moderate risk)
    OR
  • High Value Personnel or [Tiny] Cargo Escort
Research 105%/1d100 = 78 to find the data - PASS
Intelligence 66%/1d100 = 72 to vet,sort, and weed through the results - FAIL
Computer Operation 105%/1d100 = 42 -to get the data into an easily readable and cross referenced format for review - PASS

Ryden literally falls asleep converting the document. It's done, he just has to email it. He awakes with a start when a muffin literally lands first on his face, and then rolls into his chest and crossed arms. He is still floating in his AG rig. He lifts the muffin. "Throwing food around are we?" He glances over to see Nova rousing. "You up boss?" Seeing the message sitting, there, he hits send.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Rosseyn » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:25 am

(Rolls held over)

Niall wrote:"Oh good... you're awa...OOF." Niall lands with a thud back on the floor, as he tried to pull himself up using the bedframe to a sitting position, but his fingers somehow slipped.

Rosseyn wrote:"Wer...were we...attacked?"


Niall rolls over onto his hands and knees. "Yeah... by Zed. You took a serious hit, and I somehow missed WHAT THE FRAK?" Niall exclaims, as he finds himself sliding slowly on hands and knees across the floor. He comes to rest near the center of the room.


Rosseyn watches with a dazed confusion as Niall becomes the galaxy's biggest butterfingers. What the hell is he doing? Did they pump me full of something while I was out?

Ryden wrote:"You up boss?"

"Yeah, I'm up. What... ow..." Rosseyn stops for a moment as he feels the pain radiating from his wounds. "What's the sit rep, soldier? Why is Vanko on the floor?"
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:17 pm

(rolls held)

"Sit Rep is that Vanko is doing his damnedest impression of a cartoon character on ice. Looks like Fang brought breakfast, which is good, because the entire team minus the new guy and Vanko each dropped a pint of blood in you boss. I think Fang tried to drop two. Not sure if Vanko used it or not. Hyperman Fang, Ro, and Torren all went out early and are out and about now. Soria is passed out over there, I'm floating here, and I think this room smells slightly better than Zed. but only slightly. Can we please go back to the real hotel for showers. Vanko if your unstable first tier genetics is expressing a new power, calm down and concentrate on not doing whatever it is you're doing."

Ryden rotates himself so he will not simply fall out of the air, and releases his null gravity generator. He was going to need to give it a few hours rest at this point, possibly do some maintenance on it. He moves over and plops the biscuit down in front of Vanko. He also offers a hand up to the man. "You flip me and so help me by all the holies I will body slam your ass." There's a smirk at the end of the statement so he knows he's mostly joking. Mostly.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Rosseyn » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:11 am

(rolls held over)

Rosseyn takes a moment to absorb the information given to him by Ryden. As an intelligence officer, he specialized in information. However, having been shot and losing most of his blood took a toll on his ability to perform his job. "Breakfast... I can do breakfast. So... I needed a blood transfusion? Frak... I got hit good, didn't I?" He keeps his head flat on whatever surface he's lying on and doesn't try to move too much.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:02 am

(rolls held over)


Ryden wrote:"Throwing food around are we?"


Niall smiles weakly. "Not, uh... intentionally."

Ryden wrote:"Vanko if your unstable first tier genetics is expressing a new power, calm down and concentrate on not doing whatever it is you're doing."


Niall nods, breathing deeply. He smirks a bit at Ryden's dig about "unstable genetics", and focuses.

A. This is my new power. It's mine to control. He stretches out with his mind, encompassing the sensations from his fingertips. He slides the tip of his index finger across the floor, feeling the familiar friction. MINE to control. His finger slides quickly across the remainder of the floor, as through air. He looks at the muffin dropped at his feet. He reaches out to try to scoot it with his power. Nothing happens.

B. This is some kind of sliding power. Something like... friction nullification, localized, it seems, on myself. But it's natural state... is 'off'.

Ryden offers his hand.
Ryden wrote:"You flip me and so help me by all the holies I will body slam your ass."
Niall smiles. "Message received." He grasps Ryden's offered hand, and stands.

C. Master this and move on, Zeddeus.

Nova wrote:So... I needed a blood transfusion? Frak... I got hit good, didn't I?"


Niall looks to the bed, and slides effortlessly to it, coming to a stop by the bedside. He smiles at Nova, then at Ryden. Master it.

He looks back to Nova. "Technically, you needed four blood transfusions. You have some of almost all of us in you, for whatever that's worth. And you highlighted the deficiencies of my cover identity's MOS." He smiles.

"But you'll pull through. Yeah, Zed hit you pretty good. He picks up two muffins from the nearby table, and hands one to Nova. "You and I both need food and rest." He smiles. "I think the rest of the team want to ditch this flophouse and reconvene at our hotel, when you feel strong enough."

He types into his wrist communicator a message to the team.

Aldric is conscious and recovering well. Will move to 'good' hotel when he is strong enough to portal.
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Gilina » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:00 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 3 | 1d100 = 88

Current Conditions:
Force Aura (Off): SDC: 200 / AR: 14 / HF 10 | No Minuses in Darkness/Blinded


Laying there was quite comforting. Jill's eyes were closed, as she was lost in thought. Not paying much to anything as she pictures a bypass on a power transformer for a fast reacting energy shield.

Brainiac wrote:"Soria is passed out over there."


"I'm not asleep," she responds to Ryden's snide comment still laying down with her eyes closed. "I'm resting in such a state that is allowing for low-amplitude mixed-frequency brain waves." Sitting up, she opens her eyes. "So, how are you feeling?"
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:26 pm

(Rolls held)
"Like I said, asleep or nearly so. Come on Boss, up on your feet. Cause walking or portaling, we're getting the hell out of here. Personally I'd rather portal. I don't think I'm getting my room deposit back on this one. Not that I paid with anything but an anonymous gift card, but still. We probably want to sweep it for anything overtly identifying, aside from the blood and bloody clothes." He gets up and helps in this cause.

Find Contraband and Illegal Weapons 60%/1d100 = 66 - to find anything we don't want left behind because it's more damning than all the blood everywhere. FAIL
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:08 am

(Rolls held over)

"Samil... I'm gonna need you to lay off for about five more minutes. Trying to stay alive over here. I'll open up a gateway when I'm... not feeling like ground up meat. Just... have Ro tell some jokes or something... I'm catching a few more Zs." And with that, Rosseyn puts his head back down and dozes off for a moment or two.
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Augur » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:47 am

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 0715


Ryden pulls up the SSD, registers under their assumed names, and lists Premier as their DRO. He then inputs a search with specific parameters. There are a number of off-station contracts that fit these parameters, but one especially catches his eye as it's high-paying, on station, and the contract is with a DRO.

Job Type: Item Recovery
Notes: Discretion required
Remuneration: 250,000 crredits
Contact: Riston Riffost, Soniua Security Services
Image

OOC: Gilina, are you interested in moving forward with your Enhanced Flow Capacitor project?

GM NOTES:
There is one GM and one AGM. You will find that almost all location threads are GENERALIZED districts. Skills that aid in the navigation and exploitation of urban areas and social settings will be of benefit to those getting around Grymdin. Indicate clearly what you're looking for in a generalized area, post whatever skills might aid such a search, and let the A/GMs be creative.

Regarding undescribed threads: When a player indicates he's going to X location, I'll do my best to get the write-up for X written ASAP, then communicate such in the OOC chat.


Rooms reserved at The Kelvin Hotel:
Eleventh floor, all four rooms are adjacent to one another; paid for through day 56.
  • Halko/Niall
  • Cairo/Ryden
  • Rosseyn
  • Gilina
  • Ro--Sundance Hotel

Butcher's Bill
Cairo: -20 to personal S.D.C.
Gilina:
Halko:
Niall: -470 PTP;
Ro: -1 knife, -74 I.S.P., -88 to personal S.D.C.
Rosseyn: -40 to personal S.D.C./0 H.P.; comatose but stabilized[/i]
Ryden:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4938
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:29 pm

Team Text wrote:Excellent.
Maybe have him leave an Anchor there for an emergency Exit.
Away Team will head back.
There are limited local options on the SSD.
There seems to be a 250k bounty on recovery of something unstated.
Riston Riffost from SSS is purported to have additional info, but I'm not sure what we'd like to smash and grab on behalf of a DRO.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:08 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 13, 1d20 = 7

(OOC: Please note, Ryden reads 15 pages a minute now)

The very first search, of course, is on Riston Riffost and Soniua Security Services in general, and their relation with Premier. He also downloads the full public operating file for SSS and Premiere. He also downloads the full service contract for Premier and begins reading over that while he has the time. In particular he's looking for any hidden gotchas about working for another DRO. He also has a thought and begins looking on TGE's catalog for specialty ammunition types, especially gimmick ammo*.

Research 105%/1d100 = 54 - Riston Riffost: Who is he? What's he done?
Research 105%/1d100 = 100 - Soniua Security Services - who are they, what do they do? How long have they been doing it? Who used to do what they do?
Research 105%/1d100 = 84 - Our contract with Premiere, including any addendums, caveats, etc. There anything we didn't understand at first?
Research 105%/1d100 = 18 - Are there specialty ammunition types available on TGE's catalog. Specifically bullets to confuse and/or mark targets.

* See the list in OOC for examples.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:34 am

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 18
JiC D20: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: 1d100 = 85

H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring, Merged to Hacking Computer (under shirt)

En route back to the Sunset Hotel (Ro's) with Halko and Jujak, Cairo studies the 'Magic Ring' from the Market to see if it emits any energy that is outside the normal range of vision using his Spectrum Vision [[i.e. the full Electromagnetic Spectrum, magnetic fields, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation]]. Slipping back in with their key he waves and first walks into the Bathroom (where he'll drop the ring into the sink with water he'll leave running over it).

Then stepping back out he greets those who have remained, "Back. Is Soria still snoring up a Storm?? ... Oh good there are still Muffins."
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Halko » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:12 pm

Percep: 1d20+2 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 29

Halko rolls back in just behind CJ and shakes his head when the man comes out of the john and heads straight for the food. "Has anyone had a productive morning? We were first in at Skyff's List and all we found is some off station retrieval job."

Halko glances around at the over full room. Man, it is ripe in here. "Well, judging by the smell, we should head back to our rooms and get cleaned up before we take on the day. I thinking we need a plan in place to take care of Zed. Who knows that next time he's gonna pop up. And we know that the frakker in on station, so...."

He looks over at Nova trying to judge what kind of shape their fearless leader is in as he tries to spur all the Lieutenants to get a plan together.
Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko
Image
Current Details

H.P.: 52/52
S.D.C.: 80/80

Constant Conditions:
Re-Channel and Expel Energy: absorb any energy based attack and expel it at his attacker or another target at 2 times its original power
Re-Channel Kinetic Energy: absorb any physical/kinetic energy attack and expel that energy in the form of a punch, kick or force blast. The character is not knocked down or back by the impact or explosion
Vulnerable to: Heat and cold based attacks, edged weapons (cutting & stabbing), gas attacks, poison, drugs, disease, psionics and magic.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Halko
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic (PC)

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:05 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception (+5): Original post: 1d20+5 = 18
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 85


H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air

CJ sets his back on the corner of the bed as he reaches up into grab his Hacking PC as he un-merges it (and puts it back in place in the backpack), "No Torren [Halko], it was on Grymdin. We don't know what's being retrieved or why the DRO doesn't send in it's own strike team ... but it is here. Oh we also picked up an allegedly Magic Ring ... and established that although 'Real' ...[OOC Air quotes used] the Magic Weapons available on the market are apparently in the 6-figure range, so outside our means. I dropped the ring in the sink over there because I'd like it scanned ... the Shopkeeper gave it to me in case he had a Job for us or something cheaper came in ... but damnit I don't know if he can hear through it, or track it, cause it to cut off a limb ... or take control of the wearer. Really, I just wanted to get it back here for consideration."

He pokes Nove in the foot a couple times, then picks back up, "I'm guessing we have no new info on that Compulsion ship? Because the next set of Fights down at the Blooddome is in two standard-days. So Torren's right we may need to plan for running into him again. If we had a fraking bomb planted on his ship and just pull out a detonator ... well he might need to give that some consideration. If Noran's looking to make the transition to permanent vegetable ...<poke> <poke>, let's just head back via Flight-Disc? If I have to listen to Soria snore through another night I'm going to cheerfully smother her. Oh and did any of you tech-heads get Jujak's Communicator programmed?"

If Nova hasn't rolled over at this point, CJ looks over to Niall, "Thought you said he was conscious? Soooo what are we thinking Ice-water, or Pull out a few leg-hairs?? ... "


(OOC: CJ Doesn't really plan to do either, but the mention of options under consideration will get many recalcitrant folks out of bed ... )
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Niall » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:04 am

(rolls carried over)

Team Text wrote:Excellent.
Maybe have him leave an Anchor there for an emergency Exit.
Away Team will head back.
There are limited local options on the SSD.
There seems to be a 250k bounty on recovery of something unstated.
Riston Riffost from SSS is purported to have additional info, but I'm not sure what we'd like to smash and grab on behalf of a DRO.


Niall reads the text before the others arrive. Recovery job? For 250K? Well, we can expect complications for a price that large. If it were easy, they'd have done it already. Still, it's a foot in the door, toward getting us some more operational funding.


Halko wrote:"Has anyone had a productive morning? We were first in at Skyff's List and all we found is some off station retrieval job. Well, judging by the smell, we should head back to our rooms and get cleaned up before we take on the day. I thinking we need a plan in place to take care of Zed. Who knows that next time he's gonna pop up. And we know that the frakker in on station, so...."


Niall suppresses a shudder, thinking about Zed and his nightmare last night. Let him try to grab me again, though. I've got a surprise for him... Niall nods. "Getting out of this... improvised ER... sounds like a good idea. Anyone know how to clean up blood?

Cairo wrote:"Oh we also picked up an allegedly Magic Ring ..."


Niall snorts. "Did you trade the family cow for it?"

Cairo wrote:"Thought you said he was conscious? Soooo what are we thinking Ice-water, or Pull out a few leg-hairs?? ... "


Niall smiles. "He was conscious when I sent the message. I can't help you spent so much time bargaining with a goblin for a fairy-tale trinket that he fell asleep waiting for you to get back."

Niall crosses the room to look at the ring in the sink. It looks so... ordinary. "What's it supposed to do?"
1st LT. Niall "Crash" Zeddeus
Current Details
ImageImage
Image
H.P.: 50/50
S.D.C.: 57/57
Power Touch Points: 138/950
Current Gear: ADF Standard Armor, FAS Tier 1, vibro-sword, electrical toolkit, mechanical toolkit, Dragonbane Blade

ADF Standard Armor
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 100
--Arms: 100 each
--Legs: 150 each
--Main Body: 180/200
Weight: 14 lbs. (6.35 kg)
Modifiers: -5% to movement & physical skills
Features:
• Fully environmental
• HUD in helmet visor
• Encrypted short-range audio/data transceiver, range: 12 miles (19.31 km).

FAS Tier 1
A.R.: 10
S.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 40
--Arms: 40 each
--Legs: 50 each
--Main Body: 80
Modifiers: Reflective ceramic coating: Lasers and Energy Expulsion: Light powers only do half damage to the character and the armor.

Current Conditions:
Constant Conditions:
User avatar
Niall
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Rosseyn » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:31 am

(rolls held over)

Cairo wrote:He pokes Nove in the foot a couple times[...]
If Nova hasn't rolled over at this point, CJ looks over to Niall, "Thought you said he was conscious? Soooo what are we thinking Ice-water, or Pull out a few leg-hairs?? ... "


Nova squirms a little in his sleep at the first set of pokes. When it happens again he wakes up and hears Cairo/Noran threaten his leg hair. He slams a 100 SDC forcebubble around Noran and sits up. "I hate when people touch my feet." He opens a gateway to his hotel room and has everyone step through. "Let's move." Once the rest of the team is through, he drops the forcebubble around Noran. "Let's move it slowpoke."

Once back in their hotel room, he'll ask "Sit rep. What happened while I was out?"
Lieutenant Commander Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
Current Details
Image
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 79/79
Energy Form S.D.C.: 119/119


Current Gear:
Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol:
  • Range: 200 feet.
  • Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst. Payload: 15/15.
Battle Harness w/ Ball Bearings
Throwing Knives

Current Conditions:

Constant Conditions: Impervious to Fear & Terror, Mechanical Awareness, Heightened Sense of Touch.

Gateways (0/15):
Image
User avatar
Rosseyn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:53 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:30 am

Cairo wrote:Perception (+5): Original post: 1d20+5 = 18
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 10
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 85


H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air

Cairo laughs at Niall's inquiry, "Nope. Didn't pay anything for it, which seems hugely suspicious. Allegedly the Merchant, Zo'wor gave it to me so he could contact us if he had a job. It's supposed to 'tingle quite persistently' as a signal that he may have something or some service with which to trade. I left the ring in the running water in case it's something that can be listened through ..."

When Nova jerks awake and slams a forcefield in place, CJ busts out laughing "See? He's been faking it. Gah what a layabout ..." Bracing one foot against the force-wall in front of him CJ lifts his other off the ground and creates a Force-Disc below him to drop onto (seated comfortably) as he chuckles and recaps again, "Sit-rep is the same I just gave a few moments ago. The next set of Fights down at the Blooddome Arena is in two standard-days. The Open Qualification Matches have a 1,000 credit entry fee, no automatons, no mechanization or armor, and no modern weapons (guns) are permitted. Qualification purse is 10,000 credits + entry into a Tourney with a 100k prize. We got a line on a Retrieval mission posted up by the SSS DRO, it's here on Grymdin and pays 250k, but there's no info on what they want retrieved, so that'll need further digging. We looked into finding a weapon with some kind of enchantment to deal with that guy Zed who keeps putting holes in you hehehe ... apparently a stinking knife is 300k, so we're better off taking one off of someone else in the field out here ... although the 'Magic Shop' owner gave us a ring that he said he's use to contact us if he came up with any job where we could trade for a weapon. Sammy might have found Zed's ship, but we haven't confirmed it yet ... What else? What else? ... oh last night you asked Vanko to dress you like a little girl with ribbons for your hair."

Floating through the Gateway still seated on his disc, CJ hovers over to the door so he can head for his room, "Blood and ashes, it's nice to have more room to stretch out. Sammy, you taking the first crack at a shower? ..." If Brainiac wants to go first, then CJ lets him, if not the PA Pilot would love a bit of dang privacy and a few minutes to clean up (OOC: Assuming sleeping beauty doesn't try to hand out a bunch of new assignments).
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:24 am

(rolls held)

Cairo wrote:"Back. Is Soria still snoring up a Storm?? ... Oh good there are still Muffins."

Eating his own breakfast after having cleaned up as best he can, Ryden answers. "Yeah, one is mine, one is for Nova, and everyone else can fend for themselves." There is a partial one on his plate.
Halko wrote:"Has anyone had a productive morning? We were first in at Skyff's List and all we found is some off station retrieval job."

Cairo wrote:"No Torren [Halko], it was on Grymdin. We don't know what's being retrieved or why the DRO doesn't send in it's own strike team ... but it is here. Oh we also picked up an allegedly Magic Ring ... and established that although 'Real' ...[OOC Air quotes used] the Magic Weapons available on the market are apparently in the 6-figure range, so outside our means. I dropped the ring in the sink over there because I'd like it scanned ... the Shopkeeper gave it to me in case he had a Job for us or something cheaper came in ... but damnit I don't know if he can hear through it, or track it, cause it to cut off a limb ... or take control of the wearer. Really, I just wanted to get it back here for consideration."

"I actually found that last night. It should have been in your email. Spam cover is a purple personals add. I've been running down information all morning. Database permutation searches take a bit of time. Also started reading the full fine print of our DRO contract and the general operating procedures that are on Premiere and this other DRO's public profiles."

Cairo wrote:Oh and did any of you tech-heads get Jujak's Communicator programmed?"

"I would have thought he took it with him. I'll tackle it after a shower and after I clean my rig. Besides Crash has been dealing with Nova's bloodloss and his own impression of a cartoon character on ice. Like the rest of you freaks of nature, he's expressed another power."

Cairo wrote:"Blood and ashes, it's nice to have more room to stretch out. Sammy, you taking the first crack at a shower? ..." If Brainiac wants to go first, then CJ lets him, if not the PA Pilot would love a bit of dang privacy and a few minutes to clean up (OOC: Assuming sleeping beauty doesn't try to hand out a bunch of new assignments).

"Come judgment or death*, you're damn right." He grabs some spare clothes and goes in to take a shower, even at the expense of leaving while Nova is speaking. "I will prepare a briefing after I shower and clean my rig. I need to charge the null grav generators too." He begins stripping his VR suit and plugs the unit in to charge while he heads in to shower.

* Roughly analagous to "Come hell or high water"
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Augur » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:11 pm

Conditions:
Local Time: Day 47, 0800


Finally altogether at The Kelvin Hotel...

Cairo notes no peculiar radiation emanating from the ring.

Halko notes that Rosseyn looks a little tired and pale, but otherwise okay.

Gilina finishes her research on the design of an enhanced flow capacitor, and determines that she needs to acquire an additional flow sensor and a flow regulator for extensive modification to affect the changes to the drive's integrated flow capacitor. These are parts associated with all types of drives, but as jump drives are unique to the Arismal, and her own aims are particular, she'll need to acquire (and not damage or destroy during modification) each of the parts and adapt each for use on the jump drive's flow capacitor. After modifications are successfully done to each, it'll simply be a matter of installing the new components onto the jump drive's integrated flow capacitor.

Ryden does some research on Riston Riffost. Riffost works for Soniua Security Service with whom he frequently works as a private contractor. When under contract, he is considered an agent working on behalf of the DRO, but is not directly accountable to them outside the stipulations of each contract to which he is a party. Essentially, he's tasked with an objective, and is paid when that objective is achieved. He otherwise operates outside the parameters of contract stipulations under which actual employees of SSS are subject. In many ways, his position is akin to a bounty hunter in more monopolistic governmental societies. He has a long history of work for SSS and more infrequently with PPP. There is no specific information available regarding the nature of those contracts, only their resolution. He has an 83% success rating, and only a handful of formal complaints lodged against him for his conduct while under contract. While attempting to do a deeper inquiry into SSS, Ryden's deck then crashes. Hard (crit fail). He's going to have to reboot the thing and go through a series of diagnostics to ensure against data loss, corruption, or permanent damage to either the software or hardware. Disgusted by both his hardware and his hygiene, Ryden makes a direct line for the shower.

GM NOTES:
There is one GM and one AGM. You will find that almost all location threads are GENERALIZED districts. Skills that aid in the navigation and exploitation of urban areas and social settings will be of benefit to those getting around Grymdin. Indicate clearly what you're looking for in a generalized area, post whatever skills might aid such a search, and let the A/GMs be creative.

Regarding undescribed threads: When a player indicates he's going to X location, I'll do my best to get the write-up for X written ASAP, then communicate such in the OOC chat.


Rooms reserved at The Kelvin Hotel:
Eleventh floor, all four rooms are adjacent to one another; paid for through day 56.
  • Halko/Niall
  • Cairo/Ryden
  • Rosseyn
  • Gilina
  • Ro--Sundance Hotel

Butcher's Bill
Cairo: -20 to personal S.D.C.
Gilina:
Halko:
Niall: -470 PTP;
Ro: -1 knife, -74 I.S.P., -88 to personal S.D.C.
Rosseyn: -40 to personal S.D.C./0 H.P.; comatose but stabilized[/i]
Ryden:
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Augur
Admin
 
Posts: 4938
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ro Shambo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:51 pm

Ro Shambo
Perception: 1d20+20 = 21 (+5 tactile, +1 in wide open spaces, +2 in darkness)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 53
  • Natural A.R.: 14
  • H.P.: 37/37
  • S.D.C.: 333/333
  • I.S.P.: 123/123
Conditions: Horror Factor: 12; Can breathe toxic or poisonous air without ill effect. Resistant to fire/heat and cold (half damage).Can detect when someone is "tensing for a fight".Can attempt to detect lies (PU1 p.32), Can identify emotional state, physical health and condition of others. Can sense (super)powerful life forms. Extraordinary Strength.
Is wearing a hood and scarf hiding his face.


Ro heads back to his room with CJ. If invited he'll follow them to their hotel if not he'll just catch some sleep at his own room waiting for instructions. Either way he asks,

"So what's the plan, anywho? Is it nap time or we getting up to something? Is my watch in sync with yours?"
Ro Shambo
 

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:33 pm

OOC: Assuming we're all @ the Kelvin, Ro included, since the GM post didn't indicate any exceptions.

Perception (+5): 1d20+5 = 18
JiC D20: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: 1d100 = 62

H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring

Finding nothing overtly concerning about Zo'Wor's magic ring, CJ slips it back onto his hand as Brainiac heads off to hit the shower and he moves over to the weapon crates that their gear had been delivered in, "Jujak wanted to see about trading up off that Spitfire Automag right? ... If you wanna drop it here, you can borrow one of these pistols." If Ro hands off his existing pistol and ammunition, Cairo will hand him a:

Code: Select all
[b]Galactic Standard Automatic Pistol[/b]
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e371/masterriftsgm/Weapons/Galactic-Standard-Auto-Pistol_zpsahppkivn.png[/img]
[size=85]• Range: 200'
• Damage: 5D6 per shot, double for short burst
• Rate of Fire: Single shot or short burst
• Payload: 15 round magazine
• Weight: 2.8 lbs.
• Modifiers: none[/size]


"Vanko [Niall]? Torren [Halko]? ... Maybe you can drop a line down to the Front Desk. If the next room on our floor is available, or they can do a rollaway-bed ... maybe we can get one for a couple nights for Jujak ..." he turns to the tall scar-faced alien, "I'm thinking you'll get shuffled around here a bit, since folks will want to get cleaned up etcetera. You'll get 2nd shower in our room, you can go after Sammy gets out. Freshen up, change ... whatever. I'll take 3rd shift."

CJ will not send Jujak into his shared room with Sammy though, until the guy has had the chance to shower and clean up/change. **That'll give a couple minutes for to mention to Nova that finding cash-jobs is all well and good, but we need to run down whoever on Grymdin has the authority to make a trade deal and arrange a meeting, and that's just not going to be a TGE Hologram. Although TGE might be a better route to go ... We need to start checking out the places like the Ambassadorial Center in Grymdin's Central Core, or getting info on the Ignobles who run this Rock. Secondly, we need to confirm the Compulsion as Zed's ship, or not. He can make the call on a simple ploy like sending someone down to pay up a couple days docking fees on the ship (since they're only 100 per day), and if we specifically tell the Assessor/Agent a Nithian named Zed wanted 3 days more paid on his ship, that might be the simplest way to get a confirmation ... or try a fake delivery with a couple of these weapon crates. Alternatively, we can do the tandem-cyberjacking RES Dive that Brainiac proposed, to gain access to video feeds ... maybe get access to a whole bunch more ... Really, both have their risks. We could just me and Brainiac try and run the RES Dive while the others go down to sniff out this SSS job, but Sammy would probably rather also be part of any dealmaking.**

Whenever he's private (i.e. Jujak's in the shower) Cairo turns to Nova, "We've been out a while. You techno-sense any new ears in this room? ... "
Last edited by Cairo on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:38 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 24
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 98

Ro Shambo wrote:"So what's the plan, anywho? Is it nap time or we getting up to something? Is my watch in sync with yours?"

Ryden begins cussing, cursing, and yelling as his suit computer begins to crash. He does his best to ensure a good crash dump at least. Unknown to Ryden, he is looking straight at Ro. "Frack you. I'll kill you. Motherless cur, I'll cut your head off! You worthless piece of dung, I will make your sorry for the day you were born, you piece of tripe!" He pauses for a moment then "Frack!" He rips off his goggles and then freezes as he realizes he's been looking dead at Ro. He doesn't pale in embarrassment or for fear of offending the alien killing machine. But rather he seems more worried about Ro's feelings. "Umm, not you, the computer. Shit. I'm sorry. Did you ask something?" If he repeats himself, Ryden nods, then shakes his head to correct himself. "No, not nap, just refresh time. I'll fix up your watch comm after my shower and possibly after I start my computer on some debug and diagnostic permutations. After I'm done and CJ is done, you can borrow the shower if you want. I know some of the places you said you've been sleeping. You can grab the chair with the stool for a place to rest your bones until we find something for you." He hears CJ say he can go second, Ryden shrugs. "Yeah, or second. Anyway, see you in a few." He starts peeling off clothes until he is down to underwear, t-shirt and his computer suit. He peels that off and dumps it unceremoniously in a corner, grabs clean clothes, and stalks to the bathroom.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Gilina » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:06 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 14 | 1d100 = 48

Current Conditions:
Force Aura (Off): SDC: 200 / AR: 14 / HF 10 | No Minuses in Darkness/Blinded


After dedicating hours of research, notes and even dreaming of power flow regulators, Jill finally made a breakthrough. "Yes!" she barks out loud, scribbling more onto her datapad. I just need to... and... She bolts up and looks around at everyone that is standing there. "What?"

When Ryden starts his diatribe and then apologizes to Ro, she pipes up to the Cyberjacker. "Do you need help repairing your rig? I have some extensive technical training that may help." She holds up her hands to show a bit of respect for him and his equipment. "But it's your rig, I won't touch it, unless you tell me to."

Eventually when everything calms down in the room, she'll wander her way to Cairo to ask her question, "With all your meanderings around the station, have you found a place where we can pick up ship parts? I have an idea to increase the recharge rate of our ship." She keeps the full answer kind of vague since Ro is in the room. "It shouldn't be too hard to modify the parts, and very easy to swap in place. But I would like to get two sets of the parts to modify. Just to make sure, I don't totally bungle this modification."
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ryden » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:31 am

(rolls held)

Being a completely blended co-ed force, most arismal military forces long ago had to get over being shy about hygiene. So it is that Jill is still in the room as Ryden begins to strip off his gear. "I appreciate it, but no. If I need help, I'll be sure to let you know though. It's so non-standard at this point, it's not funny." He smiles appreciatively to her.
3LT Ryden "Brainiac" Hunter
Current Details
Image
HP: 44
SDC: 39

Current Gear: Here
ImageImage
Trust/Intimidate: 55%
Perception: 83%

"When you look at the 1st SOG, you're looking at the last best hope for all of the survivors of our planet, and my squad mates are pretty helpful too."
"That's brilliant. Of course it's brilliant, it's you." - Rosseyn "Nova" Ridatharen
"Ah, looks like Ryden know something we don't. But when has that even NOT been the case." Staff Sergeant Jerric "Backlash" Halko

Grymdin Alias: Samil Breen - Eclipse’s Deal Broker/Computer Whiz
User avatar
Ryden
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: HU2: Galactic

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Ro Shambo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:03 am

Ryden wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d20+4 = 24
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 13, Original post: 1d100 = 98

Ro Shambo wrote:"So what's the plan, anywho? Is it nap time or we getting up to something? Is my watch in sync with yours?"

Ryden begins cussing, cursing, and yelling as his suit computer begins to crash. He does his best to ensure a good crash dump at least. Unknown to Ryden, he is looking straight at Ro. "Frack you. I'll kill you. Motherless cur, I'll cut your head off! You worthless piece of dung, I will make your sorry for the day you were born, you piece of tripe!" He pauses for a moment then "Frack!"


What the frack?!?! Does "Is my watch in sync with yours?" mean something different on Arismal? Ro wracks his brain but comes up empty. No. But soon enough he realizes that Ryden was not cursing him out directly. "Ha,ha, yeah, no problem." Ro laughs it off awkwardly. This is really the first long stretch of time I've spent with aliens, and even though I studied these fools... they're still strange as frakk.

Ro trades in his crappy pistol for the offered replacement gratefully.
"Thanks! Nice piece." He inspects the weapon and then puts it away.

"After I'm done and CJ is done, you can borrow the shower if you want. I know some of the places you said you've been sleeping. You can grab the chair with the stool for a place to rest your bones until we find something for you."


"Sure thing, just kick me around the place when I'm in the way. It's still better than a garbage can!" quips Ro, who really is an upbeat guy at heart. He takes the hint about the shower. Either I stink or they want to talk without me, fair enough, either way.
Ro makes sure to sing Aroran pop songs at top volume so no one could suspect him of eavesdropping. I ain't too worried, they seem like nice folks... plus... they couldn't get the drop on me in a million years.
Ro Shambo
 

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Gilina » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:41 pm

((rolls carried over))

Jill isn't too phased by Brainiac's undressing; being from a large family and the close quarters within the fleet, knocked all semblance of modesty from her. "No worries, I know it's your baby. I wouldn't want someone to touch the engines of my baby either. But my hands are steady, and I have worked on all varieties of electronics, which I am sure you already know."

She looks the Cyberjacker in the eye, "But I do know it's custom. And the more custom it is, the more precious it is. And with a rig like that, I am pretty sure you had a hand in modding it well past spec. So you are the engineer, and I'm the weekend mechanic."
User avatar
Gilina
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Re: Spacer Street

Postby Cairo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:40 pm

Cairo wrote:Perception (+5): Original post: 1d20+5 = 18
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 13
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 62


H.P.: 235/235
S.D.C.: 1250/1250

Conditions: [Unarmored/Natural AR 11], Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every other Minute (30/Hr), Breathes without Air, Wearing Magic Ring

CJ cocks an eyebrow at Brainiac's brief Mad-Dog-Tourette's-Syndrome outburst then watches it smooth itself over, **Whew ... I'm glad Brainiac didn't earn himself a 200 MPH knuckle sandwich ... because we don't need blood all over a 2nd hotel room, and it would be too bad to have to try and kill the big guy.**

He turns to respond to Jill, "We haven't been anywhere I know of that carries FTL drive parts ... Scratch that, TGE probably has them, but I have no idea how much. Maybe check their online catalog and price things out?"

When Jujak starts singing from the shower Cairo chuckles, "Nice if him to go to the trouble of making sure we know where he is with the singing. Kind of Espionage-Courtesy 101 hehehe ... "
2nd Lt. Cairo Xanreys
Current Details
Image
Natural AR: 12
H.P.: 262/262
S.D.C.: 1450/1450

Constant Conditions:
Impervious to [Mind] Control & Possession; Impervious to Radiation/Depressurization/Cold; Breathes without Air (& can speak in a Vacuum); Resistant to Gravity Based Attacks [½ Damage/Effects]; Supervision: Spectrum Vision (Able to see energy magnetic fields, the electromagnetic spectrum, radio waves, electricity, microwaves, phase fields, force fields, x-rays, and all forms of radiation, 180ft); Regenerates 30/Hr (HP or SDC); Fatigues at 1/3 Normal Rate, Nightvision: 600', Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
User avatar
Cairo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am
Location: HU2: Galactic

PreviousNext

Return to Novoo Industrial Sector

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests