The Crawling City

Moderator: Augur

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:19 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14:
13

JIC: 1d20:
13
/1d100:
48

'just in case' JIC: 1d20:
8
/1d100:
53


Conditions:
  • PPE: 93/224 at the start of this post (I'm assuming that Rufus hasn't had to cast any more spells but also hasn't had opportunity to recover PPE through meditation)
  • Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor Main Body: 52/60 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining
  • Nightvision -- 40'
  • Keen hearing (equal to a dog boy)

Captain Cook wrote:All that was left at this point was for the group to wrap things up and head back to the extraction point. That alone was a task that took a long time, but at least with the Grigleapers all keeping to shelter for the time being the trip back passed relatively uneventfully. Though there was one point where the group had to come to a stop as a herd of some sort of multi-legged horse like creatures ran past, though no one was able to tell what they were, much less where they had come from. Certainly some sort of alien species however. It was during this pause that Rufus' keen vision picked up a small glinting metal object. Retrieving it he found it to be a somewhat tarnished but in otherwise excellent condition silver coloured ring.


Rufus, for his part, was as crestfallen as anyone else in the group on the way back to the rendezvous point. Sure, he had been of use -- but that mattered little in the overall scheme of things. Nakamura's employee was long dead and most likely was bug chow even before they set out in the first place. The APC and Marcus' hover pod had been trashed by those pošastno Grigleapers, which also likely devoured the only member of the group that could effectively perform the repairs. His mind wandered back (as it was prone to do more and more often) to the time he and Septimus began attending the Mage's School in Lazlo -- even then he was fascinated with technology and had shown an interest in Techno-Wizardry, but Cato and Septimus both talked him out of it. Too new a discipline, they said. Too narrowly focused, they said. Far better to study the more versatile field of Ley Line magic, they said. But of course he had to 'follow in their examples' by disobeying his uncle and sneaking off whenever possible to learn what little he could of the mechanical arts from anyone willing to teach him. He could possibly do some of the repairs himself, but how much with his limited knowledge? That remains to be seen. I know you meant well, Uncle, but sometimes a Kank's gotta do what a Kank's gotta do... he thinks to himself bitterly. And this Kank's gonna have to follow that trail -- with or without your approval.

He makes yet another mental note to inquire at the Collegiate Arcane about opportunities to study Techno-Wizardry just as the herd of... octo-horses (or whatever they were) pass by and notices the ring while waiting. He sets the pod down nearby and scoops it up into his paw. Well, it's not exactly making the trip worthwhile but as baubles go -- oh, wait, is this magical? He can't help but feel some sort of 'tingle' (for lack of a better term) about the ring. He squints at it, takes a few interrogative sniffs, and even casts his See Aura spell on it ((-6 PPE)).

Lore: Magic
General Knowledge: 1d100:
91
/62%
Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 1d100:
79
/52%
Recognize Enchantment 1d100:
24
/46%

Once back at MercTown, he makes a point to accompany Jason to inform Nakamura of their findings and offers his own individual condolences in addition to the group's.

Jason Long wrote:"I know most of you just want to head to bed or for a drink, but lets get the gear cleaned up first. I'll deal with cleaning out the APC and gathering Sifnos's remains. At 0800hrs tomorrow, we will give him a proper burial." Jason considers a moment. "I'll have the pay from Nakamura broken down. 100,000 goes in the team fund. Each of us gets 80,000 as our cut. I will contact Northern Gun to see where we are on our contract with them and then Fixer Jones to try and find a new tech. While you are out on your own time, keep an ear out for a tech who may be a good fit. Also, after seeing Nakamura's abilities, someone who can open doorways like that for travel would be a valuable asset. Can anyone think of anything else? "


"I'll help with the cleaning," Rufus pipes up, "and do whatever I can with repairs or anything else I can help with for the time being. I'll need to be off to the Guild for a couple days or so before we head out again though -- I need to meditate and... well, commune with the local ley line." He grimaces a bit at the mention of 'communing.' Truth be told, he hates using the phrase as it seems somewhat melodramatic, but he doesn't know of a more applicable term. "Those of us who study the ways of the Ley Line Walkers, well, every so often we feel this need to seek out a line where we can meditate, focus, and learn more about manipulating its energies." He shrugs. "I know it sounds a little smešno crazy, but hey, it's kind of a mage thing." And truth be told once again, he really is feeling an urge to 'commune' with a ley line. Almost as if it's calling to him somehow. Well, isn't magic supposed to be a kind of bio-energy anyway? I guess 'communing' might be the right term after all...

He also gestures back to Carny. "Speaking of smešno crazy, we're gonna need a steady supply of foodstuffs for Happy Ninja Death Ice Cream Bot over there until someone can give him a mind wipe and scrub away the blood lust. You think we could get someone to comb the local restaurants and get them to let us take their food scraps off their hands? Could be as you humans say, a 'win-win' for everyone?"

True to his word, he helps out with the cleaning (using Cleanse whenever possible and appropriate) and tries to effect whatever repairs he can.

Sensory Equipment (for diagnostics) -- 1d100:
21
/54%
Basic Electronics -- 1d100:
79
/32%
Basic Mechanics -- 1d100:
26
/32%
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert -- 1d100:
19
/42%
Vehicle Armorer -- 1d100:
56
/32%

Hours Williams wrote:"There is a lot to do; gotta get contractors out here to start laying out some new buildings and a defensive wall, repair that fencing, get fields ploughed and planted, buy seed and animals. Get yet another rifle. Think I'll leave the horse for now or maybe look into a robotic one." he absently says to anyone around him, smiling at the last bit.


If Rufus is nearby, his ears likely will perk up at that last bit. "Robotic, you say? That sounds like a good idea. Stronger and faster than a flesh-and-blood one. Not likely to get tired. Could also have some built-in weapons. Might could even get a clip charger built-in if it's nuclear..." He's talking as much to himself as Hours or anyone else, but the sight of his tail wagging is a clear sign of his opinion of the idea. (OOC: and yes, according to what I've read foxes DO wag their tails when happy just like dogs.)

The sound of an approaching vehicle draws his attention (and apparently Carny's as well). Rufus wipes off his paws and trots over to where the robot is offering ice cream to... is this some sort of Dog Boy? Doesn't feel magical... Rufus tries to catch a sniff without being too obvious as the newcomer is focused on Carny and tries to figure out who (or what) he is:

1d100:
37
/64% to recognize common/known smells
1d100:
100
/38% to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away

Lore: D-Bee -- 1d100:
69
/57%
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100:
84
/67%

Assuming Carny 'behaves' himself and the newcomer doesn't freak out too much, Rufus will offer his hand -- er, paw. "Welcome to the Templar's new HQ." He gestures at the farm behind him. "I'm told it was a great fixer-upper opportunity at an unbeatable price. Carny here's a recent addition, but his ice cream is actually pretty good. By way of introductions, I'm Rufus. Who might you be? And what brings you out to our little rebuilding project?"
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Maximilian IV » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:32 pm

(rolls held)

Scanning the general area, in an effort to burn a slight bit of time, Max didn't let the modest appearance of the farm instill any meaningful Impression. Nearly becoming lost in his own thoughts. . . at least until the gargantuan, knife wielding, ice-cream bot got the better of him. Quite startled by its sudden appearance, Max was more than unnerved to say the least! Nearly jumping out of his fantastically vivid pants, Max instinctively clutches his trusty wrench. Unfortunately it was still strapped to his side. . . Max feels only slightly relieved that the rusted heap of a contraption wasn't vying for his life!

Holy Toledo! What on Earth is this horrible thing roaming around here for!

Uneasy, and quite unable to calm his jittery nerves, a closer inspection doesn't bode well for an already taxed imagination. His tail anxiously jitters as he squints his eyes to get a closer inspection of the thing. . . until he becomes quite convinced it was covered in dried blood!

A bit too petrified to jump back and flee in terror, Max's eyes boggle into a nine-yard stare, his eyebrows anchored in a fixed expression of utter horror.

Techno-Terror wrote:"Oh! Hello child. Here is your complimentary ice cream! Please enjoy your day."

Still quite petrified Max holds out a hand, grabbing the ice-cream out of subconscious habit and stares transfixed off into the distance as the thing hovers away.

Cone in hand, melting. . . Max just stands with a frown. In a field. At least until a chipper, flesh and blood stranger comes walking up.

Rufus wrote:"Welcome to the Templar's new HQ." He gestures at the farm behind him. "I'm told it was a great fixer-upper opportunity at an unbeatable price. Carny here's a recent addition, but his ice cream is actually pretty good. By way of introductions, I'm Rufus. Who might you be? And what brings you out to our little rebuilding project?"


Max turns his eyeballs towards the surprisingly shorter canid that greets him, of course his frown and general state of perturbation remains.

Extending his free hand, Max shakes and tries his best to seem polite -- this was really only the second or third time he had to formally introduce himself to a stranger of course.

In a rough, doggish voice, "Rrawrl, hello. The names Max. . . I was, uh, sent here by my boss at Northern Gun to inquire about some work? Nice to meet you. . ."
Dog of Wisdom
P.P.E.: 36/36
I.S.P.: 53/53
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 44/44

NG-PB713 Particle Beam Pistol: 10/10
User avatar
Maximilian IV
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:25 am

Perception 1d20:
8

JIC 1d20:
10

JIC 1d100:
22


Dhaltuun steps out of the rift about 300 ft from the farm ”Dont want to startle anyone.” He puts out his arm for Marcella to land on. ”Are ye ready, Girl??” He straightened his pack and started to move towards the farm. As he moves he sees a upright poodle... ”what is that?? Is that a giant robot going towards it??” He tosses his arm to send Marcella into the air ”Sat back in case it is a threat.” He starts moving cautiously in case of an attack.

A bit too petrified to jump back and flee in terror, Max's eyes boggle into a nine-yard stare, his eyebrows anchored in a fixed expression of utter horror.

Techno-Terror wrote:"Oh! Hello child. Here is your complimentary ice cream! Please enjoy your day."

Still quite petrified Max holds out a hand, grabbing the ice-cream out of subconscious habit and stares transfixed off into the distance as the thing hovers away.

Cone in hand, melting. . . Max just stands with a frown. In a field. At least until a chipper, flesh and blood stranger comes walking up.

Rufus wrote:"Welcome to the Templar's new HQ." He gestures at the farm behind him. "I'm told it was a great fixer-upper opportunity at an unbeatable price. Carny here's a recent addition, but his ice cream is actually pretty good. By way of introductions, I'm Rufus. Who might you be? And what brings you out to our little rebuilding project?"

Max turns his eyeballs towards the surprisingly shorter canid that greets him, of course his frown and general state of perturbation remains.

Extending his free hand, Max shakes and tries his best to seem polite -- this was really only the second or third time he had to formally introduce himself to a stranger of course.


”what The Fuck??” Dhaltuun slows down to a walking speed. ”Did that robot just give the poodle guy some ice cream?? And now there is a talking fox with the poodle??” Dhaltuun gets a grin on his face as he walks over to the pair. Getting closer, he overhears the last bit of words from the fox thing.

Assuming Carny 'behaves' himself and the newcomer doesn't freak out too much, Rufus will offer his hand -- er, paw. "Welcome to the Templar's new HQ." He gestures at the farm behind him."I'm told it was a great fixer-upper opportunity at an unbeatable price. Carny here's a recent addition, but his ice cream is actually pretty good. By way of introductions, I'm Rufus. Who might you be? And what brings you out to our little rebuilding project?"


Dhaltuun stops a few feet away, so as not to appear threatening ”Hello. I am Dhaltuun Onyxforge. I was informed at the Job Market Cafe that you may be in need of a mage?? “
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Captain Cook » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:20 am

With Daltuun's arrival, the robot makes a brief return. "Heloooo child! Here is your complimentary ice cream. Do enjoy your stay at the museum!" and then it wanders off again on it's hover tracks. Yep, there's definitely several things very off with that robot. Some of them are outright glaring to Max, even in his presently somewhat stupefied state. At least the ice cream, if tasted, really is pretty good, as far as such things go.
User avatar
Captain Cook
Game Master
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:24 am
Location: GM: Rifts Australia

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:43 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 23:
16

JIC: 1d20:
7
1d100:
23

Skin and Prepare Animal Hides: 30%| Invalid dice code!Fail

Kilo does some wandering around the farm when they return and a feeling of guilt washes over him as he sees his abandoned hole, It was such a nice hole, I'll have some work to do to clean all of that out. The juicer does his best to find some food and will voraciously dig into whatever edible thing he can find. After that he searches around to find a seclude dry area, hopefully with some trees around him and tries to sleep. That goes about as well as it always does and soon after he startles awake after the nightmare of him tied to a table and being cut open assaults his sleep once again.

As Kilo gets up from his nap, he sees Jason cleaning the APC and walks over to help. "Kilo clean yes boss." As they clean the ogre looks over the remains, not disgusted in any way. Ok, clearly he will see me if I eat any more of what's left of Fishy. Got to let this one go. He morosely disposes of the last of his new friend signing at the waste of such juicy eats.

Once the APC is clean Kilo sets about counting his trophies. He had a lot of time to cut and dismember the bugs and he gets a tally of everything he collected now. The ogre returns to his secluded sleeping area and breaks a few sticks off the nearby trees and mounts the heads of the bugs he collected. Kilo then stabs them into the ground in a rough circle around his little area. Ahh, almost feels like home. Once his work with the heads is done, he sets to cleaning an preparing the bodies he collected. He scrapes away everything he can so all that is left is the hard outer shell of as many of the bugs as he has. As he works, he hears the damn robot offering ice cream to someone again and wanders over to check the new arrival. When Rufus introduces himself Kilo steps in front of him, "Haha, who Roofus?" Tapping the fox on the head he continues, "This Not Wolven. He that name cause he luck he... not wolven. Fuck wolven." A ton of malice and spite creep into the ogre's tone as he speaks about wolven but as quickly as is came it dissipates and a huge grin replaces it. Looking Max up and down he continues to bowl over anyone else trying to talk, "You look dog like but not like Not Wolven. Why we so many almost wolven?" Not waiting for an answer he throws out a massive hand to shake, "Kilo." Taking a closer look at Max he rumbles out, "You fix broken? Fishy did fix broken but he killed in tasty mess. Kilo need armor fix and help with me make own ..." The ogre struggles with the word he wants to say finally settling on, "Thing?" There is clearly a question in his tone and he finally stops talking waiting for Max to respond. If Max responds affirmatively to being someone that fixes things, Kilo will drag him over to his area and show him the shells he would like to make into armor. Kilo will not stop talking about his armor or trying to convince Max to help him make it right then and there unless Jason comes over and tells him to stop. Kilo will even ignore the arrival of Dhaltuun in favor of his new project.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:51 am

Perception: 1d20:
13

JIC: 1d20:
17
/ 1d100:
17


Jason finishes calling GAW, Northern Gun, and the weapon shops. Satisfied that he has made some progress, Jason steps outside to light up a cigar in time to see the arrival of a brightly dressed poodle? That outfit looks like something from those old 1980's dancing movies that Sarge watched when he thought no one was looking. He takes the time to get his cigar going well, laughing quietly at the teams new Welcome Wagon, Carny. God I hope one of these guys is an engineer who can fix that thing, and Bonaparte.

Jason walks over towards the newcomers trying to head off Kilo before Max can even be hired.

Kilo wrote: "You fix broken? Fishy did fix broken but he killed in tasty mess. Kilo need armor fix and help with me make own ..." The ogre struggles with the word he wants to say finally settling on, "Thing?" There is clearly a question in his tone and he finally stops talking waiting for Max to respond. If Max responds affirmatively to being someone that fixes things, Kilo will drag him over to his area and show him the shells he would like to make into armor. Kilo will not stop talking about his armor or trying to convince Max to help him make it right then


"Kilo, we might want to actually wait until we hire him before putting him to work, ok? Also, Thank you for helping clean out the APC." Jason then turns his attention to Max and Dhaltuun.

"Good afternoon gentlemen. I'm Jason Long, leader of the Templar. Welcome. Please excuse the current condition of our facility. It is a recent acquisition and a work in progess. " Jason offers his hand to Max. "From my large friend's comments, do I understand that you are an engineer looking for work? If so and you join us, I can promise that you will probably be overworked, but seldom bored. We have tech seen no where else; like our prototype mobile base, the Gamera; a hover vehicle named Bonaparte that can change into a walking field gun, and into a battloid; and you've already met our mildly homicidal ice cream making robot, Carny. " Jason then offers his hand to Dhaltuun. "Welcome, sir. We actually can use the services of a mage. Why don't we step inside and talk."
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:51 am

Dhaltuun’s Post

Perception 1d20:
8

JIC 1d20:
13

JIC 1d100:
80


With Daltuun's arrival, the robot makes a brief return. "Heloooo child! Here is your complimentary ice cream. Do enjoy your stay at the museum!" and then it wanders off again on it's hover tracks. Yep, there's definitely several things very off with that robot. Some of them are outright glaring to Max, even in his presently somewhat stupefied state. At least the ice cream, if tasted, really is pretty good, as far as such things go.


Dhaltuun accepts the cone with a confused look on his face ”Ummm....Thanks??” He looks at Rufus and Max with a questioning raised eyebrow as he tries the ice cream. ”MMMM, not bad. I think it has some ways to go fer great, but we can work with this?” He opens his mouth to continue but an Ogre approaches

As he works, he hears the damn robot offering ice cream to someone again and wanders over to check the new arrival. When Rufus introduces himself Kilo steps in front of him, "Haha, who Roofus?" Tapping the fox on the head he continues, "This Not Wolven. He that name cause he luck he... not wolven. Fuck wolven." A ton of malice and spite creep into the ogre's tone as he speaks about wolven but as quickly as is came it dissipates and a huge grin replaces it. Looking Max up and down he continues to bowl over anyone else trying to talk, "You look dog like but not like Not Wolven. Why we so many almost wolven?" Not waiting for an answer he throws out a massive hand to shake, "Kilo." Taking a closer look at Max he rumbles out, "You fix broken? Fishy did fix broken but he killed in tasty mess. Kilo need armor fix and help with me make own ..." The ogre struggles with the word he wants to say finally settling on, "Thing?" There is clearly a question in his tone and he finally stops talking waiting for Max to respond.


Dhaltuun watches with an exclaimed look on his face, and a dripping cone in his hand as the huge ogre goes off on his speech. ”Okay, big guy doesn’t like Wolven. Noted.” He continues to watch the scene as it happens.

[color=#FF0000]Lore: Demon 55% / 1d100:
70
– recognize species – Rufus
Lore: Demon 55% / 1d100:
92
– recognize species - Max [/color=#FF0000]

"Kilo, we might want to actually wait until we hire him before putting him to work, ok? Also, Thank you for helping clean out the APC." Jason then turns his attention to Max and Dhaltuun.


”This must be the guy in charge.” He gives his head a little shake ”Head out of the clouds, and back on deck, as me pap used to say.” There is a small smile on his face at the last thought. He pays attention once again as the human speaks.

"Good afternoon gentlemen. I'm Jason Long, leader of the Templar. Welcome. Please excuse the current condition of our facility. It is a recent acquisition and a work in progess. " Jason offers his hand to Max. "From my large friend's comments, do I understand that you are an engineer looking for work? If so and you join us, I can promise that you will probably be overworked, but seldom bored. We have tech seen no where else; like our prototype mobile base, the Gamera; a hover vehicle named Bonaparte that can change into a walking field gun, and into a battloid; and you've already met our mildly homicidal ice cream making robot, Carny. " Jason then offers his hand to Dhaltuun. "Welcome, sir. We actually can use the services of a mage. Why don't we step inside and talk."


”Good day sir. Me name is Dhaltuun Onyxforge.” He returns the handshake with a slid grip. With a small nod, and hand motion, Dhaltuun says ”Me and me beauty will follow. After You.” As he speaks, he extends his arm as a perch for Marcella. Once She lands, Dhaltuun says ”This is my best friend, Marcella.” When her name is said, Marcella puffs her feathers. With a chuckle, ”Apparently she is showing off.” Scratching her as he goes, Dhaltuun follows Jason and the thers.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:48 pm

((rolls held over))

Maximilian IV wrote:"Rrawrl, hello. The names Max. . . I was, uh, sent here by my boss at Northern Gun to inquire about some work? Nice to meet you. . ."


"Likewise," Rufus replies. "Well, there's certainly enough work to go around, so what's your pleasure? Mechanics? Robotics? Carpentry? Tilling the earth?"

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Dhaltuun stops a few feet away, so as not to appear threatening ”Hello. I am Dhaltuun Onyxforge. I was informed at the Job Market Cafe that you may be in need of a mage?? “


"Depends on the specialty, really..." Rufus adjusts his own mage's cloak conspicuously. "If your discipline entails either shifting or techno-wizardry, your timing couldn't be better." He holds out his hand in turn to the dwarf. "Name's Rufus. Pleased to meet you."

Kilo wrote:When Rufus introduces himself Kilo steps in front of him, "Haha, who Roofus?" Tapping the fox on the head he continues, "This Not Wolven. He that name cause he luck he... not wolven. Fuck wolven." A ton of malice and spite creep into the ogre's tone as he speaks about wolven but as quickly as is came it dissipates and a huge grin replaces it. Looking Max up and down he continues to bowl over anyone else trying to talk, "You look dog like but not like Not Wolven. Why we so many almost wolven?" Not waiting for an answer he throws out a massive hand to shake, "Kilo." Taking a closer look at Max he rumbles out, "You fix broken? Fishy did fix broken but he killed in tasty mess. Kilo need armor fix and help with me make own ..." The ogre struggles with the word he wants to say finally settling on, "Thing?" There is clearly a question in his tone and he finally stops talking waiting for Max to respond. If Max responds affirmatively to being someone that fixes things, Kilo will drag him over to his area and show him the shells he would like to make into armor. Kilo will not stop talking about his armor or trying to convince Max to help him make it right then and there unless Jason comes over and tells him to stop. Kilo will even ignore the arrival of Dhaltuun in favor of his new project.


Rufus can't help but duck a little from the ogre tapping the top of his head. "Hey pal, watch it -- you're liable to poke one hole in my head too many," he chuckles. This may actually be the friendliest he's been to me so far... then it all makes sense. Wait, his problem isn't being self-conscious about his size. He just has a serious mad-on for Wolfen. His heart sinks at his realization. Wolfen like the ones I grew up with and call kinsmen. I guess I look just enough like a Wolfen to him to be on his bad side. If there's such a thing as his GOOD side.

"Yeah, this is Kilo -- our resident muscle. And map reader," he adds with a grin. "And he's right, we're without a mechanic since we lost our last one on our last mission."

Jason Long wrote:"Good afternoon gentlemen. I'm Jason Long, leader of the Templar. Welcome. Please excuse the current condition of our facility. It is a recent acquisition and a work in progess. " Jason offers his hand to Max. "From my large friend's comments, do I understand that you are an engineer looking for work? If so and you join us, I can promise that you will probably be overworked, but seldom bored. We have tech seen no where else; like our prototype mobile base, the Gamera; a hover vehicle named Bonaparte that can change into a walking field gun, and into a battloid; and you've already met our mildly homicidal ice cream making robot, Carny. " Jason then offers his hand to Dhaltuun. "Welcome, sir. We actually can use the services of a mage. Why don't we step inside and talk."


For a moment Rufus gives Jason the stinkeye. You mean ANOTHER mage, you shaved ape. ANOTHER mage. Still, it was great to get some new blood on the team, so Rufus just kind of sighs softly and shakes his head.

As the group makes its way to the farmhouse door Rufus looks around. Things seem to be well in hand, I could go on back to the College and get started on my communion. Then he sees the APC and is reminded. Oh yeah, Sifnos. I probably should hold off until we've had his memorial. Besides, I want to hear what these newcomers are all about... he thinks to himself as he follows the group inside.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:55 am

((rolls carried over))

"Likewise," Rufus replies. "Well, there's certainly enough work to go around, so what's your pleasure? Mechanics? Robotics? Carpentry? Tilling the earth?"


Dhaltuun speaks up when he hears Rufus’ question ”Carpentry? Yeah, as well as some general maintenance, and I can work with ropes and leather, even a bit of Salvage, if needed.” He gives a small shrug ”I was raised around boats. Learned how to make ‘em as well as fix’em.”

"Depends on the specialty, really..." Rufus adjusts his own mage's cloak conspicuously. "If your discipline entails either shifting or techno-wizardry, your timing couldn't be better." He holds out his hand in turn to the dwarf. "Name's Rufus. Pleased to meet you."


Dhaltuun returns the handshake ”Dhaltuun, and specialty is Shifting. But i am a rookie. I was just recently blessed by Njord. Ready to work, and always willing to learn.”

For a moment Rufus gives Jason the stinkeye. You mean ANOTHER mage, you shaved ape. ANOTHER mage. Still, it was great to get some new blood on the team, so Rufus just kind of sighs softly and shakes his head.


As they move off, Dhaltuun puts a hand on Rufus’ arm to slow him a moment. ”You good?? I noticed the look and stuff. Am I intruding on something? I am not here to upset anything.” He removes his hand as he speaks ”damn, shouldn’t touch anyone without consent. I hope he knows it wasn’t a threat.” He adds with a quiet voice ”Sorry”
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Maximilian IV » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:01 am

(rolls held)

As Dhaltuun appears, Max quickly tries to regain his composure and shake off any latent revulsion, it wasn't every day you had a multi-tonne, terror-bot hand you a chilled dessert! Covering a forced cough with his free hand, he can't help but notice the height disparity between himself and the others. This was something entirely unfamiliar to five-foot even, poodle-kid. Back home the shortest of his siblings had a solid eight inches, or so, on him. Befuddled by this quaint turn of events, Max neglects to realize the cone is starting to melt. Slightly wafting the air around the cone, to decipher its somewhat elusive (and potentially terrifying) flavor.

Ehh, sticky. Probably not kosher; well, on the bright side, I'm not the only newcomer this time. . . did he say mage?

Unable to dwell on the matter, as that drifting terror-float makes a second pass, Max shudders as it hands the other newbie his two-scoops of lactose nightmare! Certainly though, he would have to do something about that machine if he was going to stay here for any length of time. . .

As the cone melts further, Max raises an eyebrow, about to offer up his portion to the nearest bystander had a veritable Goliath not suddenly eclipsed the sun. Staring in a mixture of awe and confusion, Max tries his best to pay attention to the bipedal elephant in the field. Sheepishly, Max responds, somewhat overwhelmed by the admixture of goings on. "Uh, mrglr, hello? I'm Max, I work as an Engineer for the Northern Gun outlet. . . so I, ah, do fix things, I suppose."

A tad flustered, Max's tail starts to wag uncontrollably. A dreadful tick. Not used to people unsure of what he is, considering the racial homogeneity back home, he didn't quite know how to relate exactly 'what he is'. Compounding the issue his imagination is somewhat vexed by the mention of a wholesomely unfamiliar -what he assumed to be- species.

What's a Wolfen?

Trying to reign in his errant thoughts, Max breaths a sigh of relief when Jason joins the circle of introductions. Although the addition of a second head, well above his own, promptly extinguishes his fleeting moment of being somewhat tall.

Well, it was nice while it lasted. . .

Jason's proposition was exactly what Max had hoped to hear, considering his string of horrible luck! He was indeed looking for something to do while he wasn't needed at the warehouse. Considering himself mechanically fluent, the string of projects rattled off seemed a tad unfamiliar to Max. He was genuinely elated until Jason made reference to that horrible, hovering ice-box of doom.

Able to transform? Mobile-field base? I've never seen anything like that! Mildly homicidal!

Max's brow furrows a tad, as he tries to blast the image of Carny from his mind. Drifting to prior statements Max tries to avoid being rude. "Bawrl, you wont find a better mechanic, I can fix anything that operates off of cogent physics! I've dabbled in robotics, mechanical theory, power-plant miniaturization and a even read a book on analytical chemistry! I'll fix your problems and then some. . ."

Suddenly Max takes notice of the striking bird that landed on Dhaltuun's arm -- on the one hand, it wasn't common place to see such an exotic specimen. On the other, it was right about eye-level for him and seemed to be giving him what seemed to be the stank eye. Somewhat confused about the matter, Max avoids eye contact with Dhaltuun's compatriot.

"Right, abah! I look forward to getting started! You don't require identification chips here right? Nevermind. . ." Looking back to the advanced state of utter meltage that is his cone, Max holds it out slightly. "Would anyone like this, habada, I can't digest lactose. . ."
Dog of Wisdom
P.P.E.: 36/36
I.S.P.: 53/53
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 44/44

NG-PB713 Particle Beam Pistol: 10/10
User avatar
Maximilian IV
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:57 am

((rolls carried over a little more))

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:As they move off, Dhaltuun puts a hand on Rufus’ arm to slow him a moment. ”You good?? I noticed the look and stuff. Am I intruding on something? I am not here to upset anything.” He adds with a quiet voice ”Sorry”


In spite of himself, Rufus can't suppress a chuckle. Stupid alpha male instincts... I have got to get a handle on that. Surely Jason meant no offense just now. "Sorry about that..." he gives a slight wave. "Stare navade težko umrejo -- old habits die hard. We Kankoran tend to go overlooked by bigger folk, and mages tend to go overlooked by those who are more tech-centric when they don't need a spell cast right then and there." He gives an appraising look at the dwarf that's... what, he can't be more than a couple inches taller than me. That 'Max' dog boy doesn't look to be five foot tall at the most, and this guy's about halfway between the two of us. "I guess you've run into that a time or two as well, eh? I must be doing what the humans call 'preaching to the choir' here." His chuckle morphs into a full-blown laugh as he pats Dhaltuun on the back. "But no, you're not intruding by any means. You're more than welcome here -- we 'mini-mages' have to stick together, you know."

As he does so, he directs his gaze to the raptor that's happily perched on his arm. "Marcella, you say? Quite a veličastno friend you have here..." Rufus looks over her markings, trying to work out what kind of bird she is. "But I'm afraid I can't place the species. Native to this region, or is she a Rifts transfer like us?"

((OOC: Zoology -- 1d100:
100
/62%, to identify her species)). You gotta be kidding me...

Maximilian IV wrote:"Bawrl, you wont find a better mechanic, I can fix anything that operates off of cogent physics! I've dabbled in robotics, mechanical theory, power-plant miniaturization and a even read a book on analytical chemistry! I'll fix your problems and then some. . ."


Rufus looks almost giddy as Max starts rattling off concepts. "Don't give us that kind of leeway, Max -- we can come up with quite a lot of problems screaming for your expertise..." he grins, his tail starting to wag unconsciously as well. "I look forward to seeing you do that voodoo that you do so well. And I may not be the best 'grease puppy' in the world, but I'm eager to learn and more than willing to lend a paw when you need it on the larger repair jobs."

Maximilian IV wrote:"Right, abah! I look forward to getting started! You don't require identification chips here right? Nevermind. . ." Looking back to the advanced state of utter meltage that is his cone, Max holds it out slightly. "Would anyone like this, habada, I can't digest lactose. . ."


"Not a problem," Rufus points towards the nearest organic matter tank. "Toss it in there -- Carny's a miracle of organic recycling, no telling what he'll convert it to next go-around."
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:17 pm

(Rolls carried over)
Rufus wrote:For a moment Rufus gives Jason the stinkeye. You mean ANOTHER mage, you shaved ape. ANOTHER mage. Still, it was great to get some new blood on the team, so Rufus just kind of sighs softly and shakes his head.


oops, I guess I deserved that

Once the group moves inside the house. Jason offers them seats at the kitchen table. We really need to get construction started on a building with a conference room

"Again, gentlemen, Welcome. Let me tell you a little about who I am. I am Jason Long. Until last year, I was a soldier in the Army of the Southern Cross on a parallel Earth. In that world, I drove a VHT, which stands for Veritech Hover Tank. A VHT is a 26 ton war machine that can transform into three different configurations; Transport Mode which is an armored hovercraft; Battloid, which is a 20' tall humanoid robot with a laser rifle; and Tank or Guardian mode, which is a mobile weapons platform armed with an ion pulse cannon and a 105mm cannon. I also have training as a military police officer and scout. I don't know how much you know about the Templar, so let me give you a brief run down. As an organization, the Templar have recently gone independent. We used to be associated with the Shrine of the Warrior. Under their sponsorship, the Templar were dedicated to fighting supernatural evil and aiding those in trouble. As independents, the Templar will continue the same path of aiding those in trouble when we can, albeit for a profit. We are now open to accepting a wider variety of jobs and doing some exploring for ourselves. Each member is treated equally. When we get paid, team expenses come off the top and a portion goes into the team funds. The rest is divided equally. My share is the same as yours. No one gets special treatment with regards to quarters either. Well, except for Kilo. Due to his size, we will have to make separate arrangements for him. We have a team doctor, who you haven't met yet, named Marcus. He is highly skilled and will do him best to keep you alive. " Jason think for a moment then continues.

" If you have special skills, abilities, phobias, or issues, please let me know. I can't intelligently make plans or look for jobs without knowing our full capabilities. By the same token, if there is someone hunting you or there are places you can't go to your past, I need to know that too. I won't say if it will disqualify you or not, but I really, really hate those kinds of surprises. The one thing that will get you kicked out faster than anything else is acting on your own to the detriment of the team or its mission. So if you have questions about what is going on, ask. If you want to do something on your own, just let me know. That way I can decide if it will affect our existing operations and if you get into trouble, the team can bail you out. "

Jason pauses to see if there are any questions or comments, then continues. " Now, If you decide to join us, you will receive a 10,000 credit signing bonus. Keep in mind that the jobs we take can be very dangerous. But the work we do can make a serious difference in peoples lives. For example, the job that earned us the land that this base is on. The local farming community was being attacked by giant wolves that were controlled by some supernatural entity. The Templar freed them from that terror. Ok, I've talked enough. What questions do you have for us?"

Jason leans back to hear what Max and Dhaltuun have to say.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:13 am

Perception D20 1d20:
8

JIC D20 1d20:
3

JIC D100 1d100:
76


“Again, gentlemen, Welcome. Let me tell you a little about who I am. I am Jason Long. Until last year, I was a soldier in the Army of the Southern Cross on a parallel Earth. In that world, I drove a VHT, which stands for Veritech Hover Tank. A VHT is a 26 ton war machine that can transform into three different configurations; Transport Mode which is an armored hovercraft; Battloid, which is a 20' tall humanoid robot with a laser rifle; and Tank or Guardian mode, which is a mobile weapons platform armed with an ion pulse cannon and a 105mm cannon. I also have training as a military police officer and scout.


Dhaltuun listens as Jason speaks ”Wow! Impressive resume. I hope I have what it takes.” He casually strokes Marcella while he continues to listen. He does his best not to react to the amazing stuff he is hearing, he fails. With the occasional jaw drop and raised eyebrow, he maintains some composure, at least enough to continue.

”I don't know how much you know about the Templar, so let me give you a brief run down. As an organization, the Templar have recently gone independent. We used to be associated with the Shrine of the Warrior. Under their sponsorship, the Templar were dedicated to fighting supernatural evil and aiding those in trouble. As independents, the Templar will continue the same path of aiding those in trouble when we can, albeit for a profit. We are now open to accepting a wider variety of jobs and doing some exploring for ourselves. Each member is treated equally. When we get paid, team expenses come off the top and a portion goes into the team funds. The rest is divided equally. My share is the same as yours. No one gets special treatment with regards to quarters either. Well, except for Kilo. Due to his size, we will have to make separate arrangements for him. We have a team doctor, who you haven't met yet, named Marcus. He is highly skilled and will do him best to keep you alive. " Jason think for a moment then continues.


Dhaltuun nods as Jason talks about who the Templars are.
”I like that. Dedicated to fighting evil and helping others, that is something I can get behind.” He sits a little straighter once the talk of money comes around. He pulls a bag of jerky out of his pack and nibbles on a piece while handing a piece to Marcella. Feeling her appreciation, Dhaltuun gives her a quick scratch under the beak.

”If you have special skills, abilities, phobias, or issues, please let me know. I can't intelligently make plans or look for jobs without knowing our full capabilities. By the same token, if there is someone hunting you or there are places you can't go to your past, I need to know that too. I won't say if it will disqualify you or not, but I really, really hate those kinds of surprises. The one thing that will get you kicked out faster than anything else is acting on your own to the detriment of the team or its mission. So if you have questions about what is going on, ask. If you want to do something on your own, just let me know. That way I can decide if it will affect our existing operations and if you get into trouble, the team can bail you out. "


With a deep breathe, Dhaltuun sets Marcella down on his pack. ”I am not sure where to start. My name is Dhaltuun Onxyforge. I was raised in a small town on the Florida coast, Titusville. I have the ability to use rifts for travel or to summon critters. I also have been raised around boats and ships of all kinds, so have picked up a few skills for repair or salvage. I can also do carpentry, but my main skill is I am a chef. I can use magic, but I am a rookie. Ready, Able, and Willing to learn. My pretty girl here *nods at Marcela* is my familiar, as well as my most precious companion.” He stops to take a breathe to steady himself. ”Okay, I need to chill. Why am I so nervous? Not like I haven't spoken to people before. Course, they weren't in charge of my future. But I can do this.” He then sits back and lets Jason continue.

Jason pauses to see if there are any questions or comments, then continues. " Now, If you decide to join us, you will receive a 10,000 credit signing bonus. Keep in mind that the jobs we take can be very dangerous. But the work we do can make a serious difference in peoples lives. For example, the job that earned us the land that this base is on. The local farming community was being attacked by giant wolves that were controlled by some supernatural entity. The Templar freed them from that terror. Ok, I've talked enough. What questions do you have for us?"



Dhaltuun looks at Jason. ”I would be honored to join. I don't have any questions yet, but I may later.” He stands and puts out his hand. After the offered handshake, Dhalttun grabs his gear and bird ”Where would my berth be?”
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Maximilian IV » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:01 pm

(rolls held)

Max stares a bit dumbfounded at the sudden revelation the frosty dessert he had been ignoring for the past while was actually 'recycled' organic-matter. Despite the technicality that most food was in some way recycled, six of one, half a dozen of the other. . . still, the term 'organic-matter tank' had a somewhat unpleasant connotation to it given the highly suspect nature of the terrifying hover-dump that was known as Carny.

Hurriedly tossing the amorphous goop into the receptacle, Max tries to wipe any that managed to slop down his hand between the melting and the chucking. He accomplishes this by a haphazard flailing of his wrist followed by a thorough towel dusting -- the looks of which indicate it to be a common shop towel, super absorbent!

Suitable recycling parameters are the first order of business! Bleagh!

Deftly, Max manages to work a piece of rock-quartz into his palm after the ice-cream debacle, twiddling the unassuming mineral between his hands. A self-assured smile briefly crosses Max's face, recounting Rufus' strong praise. "Grruf! Absolutely! You wont regret taking me on, I was head of logistical maintenance back home. There was always a great abundance of upkeep!" Somewhat taken aback by someone genuinely asking for tutelage, Max proverbially chews on his words for a minutia. "Ahh, fantastic! I can definitely teach you some, uh, basics. M-hmm. Basics, bawruf!"

Nodding, the mass of poodle-fro perhaps detracts from his otherwise haphazard sentiments. This was, more or less, the first active interest in what Max actually happened to know.

Listening through Jason's formal introduction and parameters of employment, Max placidly digests the entirety of his terms. Taking a moment to reflect on the highly specific details requested, Max purses his lips as his eyes wander to some non-existent focus in the distance. "Hawrgrlrl, nothing out of the ordinary -- I'm affiliated with Northern Gun, that's relevant I suppose. Have you heard of them? I believe they mentioned contractual obligations every so often, but it's mainly just to keep busy. Would you like to see my identification tags? Or is it customary to rely solely on verbal contracts, right, is that what you call them?" Genuinely looking around for some measure of acknowledgement regarding his locution.

Somewhat kerfuffled by the expansive list of personal details, given his past several days or so in Merctown had been accentuated with only a smattering of formality, if even that, max tries to recall any personal details that would seem pertinent to the situation. "I, um, prefer to be paid in gemstones? If that's an obtainable stipulation. Everything else seems swanky, that's how you say it right? Swanky? Borrf!"

Truthfully, Max was slightly bogged down by the probable and likely deaths his former acquaintances had met. . . regardless, he hadn't done anything specific to warrant the attentions of a shadowy Merc' group. . . had he?

Oh, bother. They probably just ditched me after I rambled on about the log-sin algorithm hidden in the monitor. . . that's what Ferdinand always did when I told him it seemed like we were being spied on at the compound.
Dog of Wisdom
P.P.E.: 36/36
I.S.P.: 53/53
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 44/44

NG-PB713 Particle Beam Pistol: 10/10
User avatar
Maximilian IV
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Captain Cook » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:34 pm

As the Templar's new hires start to get to know the team, there's the distant sound of a hover vehicle approaching. Anyone outside can easily see the vehicle arriving as it's staying a good ways off the ground and clearly not trying to hide it's approach. Indeed it seems to be making a beeline right for the Templar's compound, the vehicle settling down upon an open space of ground near the house. From it steps a man who looks slightly unkempt but dressed in what would be best described as a 'teacher's outfit'. "Ah, excuse my sudden arrival and intrusion." he will say to the first person he can find "But would you be the Templar? I've a matter of some urgency and you were recommended as a group that could possibly help me investigate the disappearance of my father's survey team."
User avatar
Captain Cook
Game Master
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:24 am
Location: GM: Rifts Australia

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:20 am

Perception 1d20:
2

JIC 1d20:
16

JIC 1d100:
38



Somewhat taken aback by someone genuinely asking for tutelage, Max proverbially chews on his words for a minutia. "Ahh, fantastic! I can definitely teach you some, uh, basics. M-hmm. Basics, bawruf!"


Dhaltuun gives Max a friendly pat on the shoulder. ”Good to know. I may take ye up on that! Ha!” With a hearty chuckle, He continues on to the briefing.

Listening through Jason's formal introduction and parameters of employment, Max placidly digests the entirety of his terms. Taking a moment to reflect on the highly specific details requested, Max purses his lips as his eyes wander to some non-existent focus in the distance. "Hawrgrlrl, nothing out of the ordinary -- I'm affiliated with Northern Gun, that's relevant I suppose. Have you heard of them? I believe they mentioned contractual obligations every so often, but it's mainly just to keep busy. Would you like to see my identification tags? Or is it customary to rely solely on verbal contracts, right, is that what you call them?" Genuinely looking around for some measure of acknowledgement regarding his locution.

Somewhat kerfuffled by the expansive list of personal details, given his past several days or so in Merctown had been accentuated with only a smattering of formality, if even that, max tries to recall any personal details that would seem pertinent to the situation. "I, um, prefer to be paid in gemstones? If that's an obtainable stipulation. Everything else seems swanky, that's how you say it right? Swanky? Borrf!"


Dhaltuun listens as the dog guy speaks. ”He looks a little out of his depth.” Another chuckle ”Max, is it?? Well m’boy, I think that your word is good enough with these folk. I feel these are good people. What say we give them a chance?” After Jason finishes his talk, Dhaltuun stands and shoulders his pack. With a nod to the others he heads out to find a room. ”Where to start?”

Dhaltuun wonders for a few minutes, confused with where to go, he starts opening doors. When he gets to the armory/gear storage, he gets a little excited. ”Hello Beautiful!!” As his eyes see the NG-303 Rail gun, he lets out a soft whistle. ”That is a nice piece. Marcella you have competition for my heart..haha.” He puts down his pack and lifts the gun ”Awww, my girl. You know i was just teasing. You are my love. But she is sexy” Dhaltuun says as he aims the gun at a shadow. After a few minutes of handling the gun, He looks around the room and gathers some gear in a neat layout on a table. ”I will need to ask if i can use this stuff till i can replace it or get my own” Leaving his bag against the table, Dhaltuun grabs a radio from the case. “Hello? New Guy here. Dhaltuun. I found some gear in storage that may be useful to me. May i use till i can replace or get my own??”

While waiting for a response, he hears the engines. ”What the?????” ”Marcella, Watch them!!” He grabs the NG-Super Laser Pistol & Grenade Launcher and 2 clips , which he stuffs in his pockets, then he grabs a sack of grenades and runs out the door.
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:11 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 12:
9

JIC: 1d20:
9
/1d100:
54


Captain Cook wrote:...Anyone outside can easily see the vehicle arriving as it's staying a good ways off the ground and clearly not trying to hide it's approach. Indeed it seems to be making a beeline right for the Templar's compound, the vehicle settling down upon an open space of ground near the house. From it steps a man who looks slightly unkempt but dressed in what would be best described as a 'teacher's outfit'. "Ah, excuse my sudden arrival and intrusion." he will say to the first person he can find "But would you be the Templar? I've a matter of some urgency and you were recommended as a group that could possibly help me investigate the disappearance of my father's survey team."


Looking up from his work with the farm hands to the sound of yet another on coming vehicle, Hours removes his Stetson, wipes the sweat from his forehead. Garbing his gun belt, he wanders down to the fence gate to intercept the new coming. "Thank heaven, this one is human or at least human looking." he thinking to himself as the occupant emerges. He had managed to successfully avoid meeting the two d-bees that had already shown up. No doubt Jason with in the farm house offering both of them job at this very minute.

"That's alright mister, if you'll excuse our mess, ya see, we're renovating." Hours extends his hand to the man, "Your in luck, we are the Templars. Come on in and let's go in the house and discuss your problem." Hours will lead the 'teacher' toward the farm house where he knows Jason is. "If ya don't mind me asking, who recommended us?" The cowboy lets his right hand side to his pistol grip, just in case he doesn't like the guys answer.
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Captain Cook » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:57 am

The man seems to look rather glad at the news he found the right people and seriously though readily answers Hours' question "That would be Bellone, a mercenary my father hired on for added protection during the trip. Apparently she ran into your group and thought you might be capable of handling what she encountered given your group's reputation in dealing with the supernatural." he explains as he follows Hours. "While I fear the worst has happened, we absolutely must launch a search for possible survivors while there still may yet be time."
User avatar
Captain Cook
Game Master
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:24 am
Location: GM: Rifts Australia

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 12:
11

JIC: 1d20:
8
/1d100:
3

'just in case' JIC: 1d20:
15
/1d100:
5


Conditions:
  • PPE: 93/224 at the start of this post
  • Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor Main Body: 52/60 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining
  • Nightvision -- 40'
  • Keen hearing (equal to a dog boy)


Rufus listens along as Jason interviews the new arrivals. Sound like decent enough folk, though maybe a bit awkward... he muses as he rubs his chin. Well, we all were like that once -- weren't we? Seems like it was only yesterday that I was the one nervously trying to join the group. He counts up things in his head and chuckles as he figures he's not far off.

When it's clear that they've officially signed on, Rufus pats them both on the shoulder (and is glad their shoulders are within easy reach). "Well moji prijatelji, if you'd like I can show you around. Let you get your gear stored and -- wait, hold it." His ears swivel around to track the sounds his keen hearing is picking up. He looks up at Jason. "We've got company, boss. Sounds like some sort of hover craft." He throws a glance at Dhaltuun and Max. "My apologies -- looks like the tour may have to wait."

He gets to an open window just in time to see Hours greet the new arrival. Od's beard! Another job already? He frowns. Looks like I may not get to hit the Guild after all... He regrets even thinking the words as the 'teacher' starts recapping the situation. I shouldn't be so selfish. If others need help like he's saying, that's what's most important.

He hangs near Jason, either waiting for Hours and the 'client' inside or following him out to meet them, and stays quiet for the moment while they discuss the job.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:36 am

Perception: 1d20+7 = 10:
3

JIC: 1d100:
69
1d20:
7


Kilo gives up on dragging the new mechanic to his little ogrenest and instead sits quietly as Jason talks, the boss man has more important stuff to say but I need some damn bug armour when he has time.

Maximilian IV wrote:"Bawrl, you wont find a better mechanic, I can fix anything that operates off of cogent physics! I've dabbled in robotics, mechanical theory, power-plant miniaturization and a even read a book on analytical chemistry! I'll fix your problems and then some. . ."


Kilo jumps up at the mention of Max's skills. The jump up is fast and abrupt but the juicer had sat still for a very long time listening to people talk. "Kilo need bug armour!! Dead bug bodies ready." Pointing a massive finger at Jason he adds, "When Bossman say, you do bug armor for Kilo?!" The ogre kind of phrases it as a question but it leaves anyone wondering if it was a question or a statement.

Kilo then wanders a few feet off, pulls out one of his clubs and starts finding large rocks to throw up and club. Every time one of the rocks doesn't disintegrate and flies off into the distance Kilo lets out a deep giggle.



With so many people reacting to the new visitor Kilo keeps hitting rocks but listens with half an ear.

Captain Cook wrote:"That would be Bellone, a mercenary my father hired on for added protection during the trip. Apparently she ran into your group and thought you might be capable of handling what she encountered given your group's reputation in dealing with the supernatural. While I fear the worst has happened, we absolutely must launch a search for possible survivors while there still may yet be time."


This grabs the Ogre's attention and he abandons his game and walks over. "Yes, we go. Kilo pick go." Looking over at Max he adds, "But Kilo need bug armor first"
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:41 am

Perception: [dice]1d20]/dice]
JIC: [dice]1d20[/dice] / 1d100:
33


Captain Cook wrote:The man seems to look rather glad at the news he found the right people and seriously though readily answers Hours' question "That would be Bellone, a mercenary my father hired on for added protection during the trip. Apparently she ran into your group and thought you might be capable of handling what she encountered given your group's reputation in dealing with the supernatural." he explains as he follows Hours. "While I fear the worst has happened, we absolutely must launch a search for possible survivors while there still may yet be time."


Jason catches the tail end of the conversation as Hours walks up with the stranger. We really could use some down time before another mission, but this sounds like a rush job. hmmm

Kilo wrote:
This grabs the Ogre's attention and he abandons his game and walks over. "Yes, we go. Kilo pick go." Looking over at Max he adds, "But Kilo need bug armor first"


Jason doesn't know whether to admire Kilo's enthusiasm or be exhausted by it. He welcomes the stranger inside and introduces himself to the man. "I'm Jason Long, leader of the Templar. Please, sit down and tell us what you can. Let's start with who you are, who is your father, where he was headed and what his mission was. I will warn you in advance, that if he was involved in anything unethical, we will not get involved." Jason offers the man a drink of water and settles in to draw out everything the man knows, mentally running through interrogation techniques to see what will work best with the stranger. I think a type 5 to start out; Attentive and sympathetic, but cautious. Watch for eye contact, head and hand movements, and see how open he will be. And how much the job pays

((Interrogation--82% / 1d100:
45
% ))
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:38 pm

((Rolls Held Over))

Captain Cook wrote:The man seems to look rather glad at the news he found the right people and seriously though readily answers Hours' question "That would be Bellone, a mercenary my father hired on for added protection during the trip. Apparently she ran into your group and thought you might be capable of handling what she encountered given your group's reputation in dealing with the supernatural." he explains as he follows Hours. "While I fear the worst has happened, we absolutely must launch a search for possible survivors while there still may yet be time."


"Ah, okay, yeah. We did run into her, helped her out a bit. Glad to know we made an impression." Hours replies aloud. "Good looking woman as I recall." he thinks to himself. As they mount the steps, their accent is momentary halted.

Kilo wrote:...he abandons his game and walks over. "Yes, we go. Kilo pick go." Looking over at Max he adds, "But Kilo need bug armor first"


With a good natured smile, Hours throws up his hands in a stopping motion. "Hold on there Punch RockGroin, let's see what it is this man needs us to do first." Turning to the man, he continues, "This is Kilo, he's our body guard, bug killer and map reader." The cowboy throws the Ogre a wink with the last description and escorts the man up the stairs and through the front door to the house/headquarters and finds a welcoming committee.

Jason Long wrote:..He welcomes the stranger inside and introduces himself to the man. "I'm Jason Long, leader of the Templar. Please, sit down and tell us what you can. Let's start with who you are, who is your father, where he was headed and what his mission was. I will warn you in advance, that if he was involved in anything unethical, we will not get involved."...


Hours takes up a position to lean against a wall so he can see both Jason and the 'teacher' and he can watch and listen.
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Perception 1d20:
3

JIC 1d20:
10

JIC 1d100:
87


With a simple command to Marcella ”Go girl. Keep yur eyes open for me.” He casts Sense Magic ((4)) and Sense evil ((2)) on himself. Dhaltuun slows to a stop as the vehicle pulls up. With a quick cast of Armor of Ithan ((10)) and Tongues ((12)), He then stops close enough to listen but far enough to help if things go bad. ”Ok...not sure what to do, so i will just watch and cover.”

As the “teacher” steps out, Dhaltuun checks the load out on the new weapon ((NG Super Laser)). Acting casual, but watching, He looks up as the cowboy speaks up. ”Who is this guy? He seems to know what ‘s what, so i will let him talk for now.” Seeing he cowboy’s hand move, Dhaltuun cradles he sub machinegun size weapon in his arms, just in case.

Once Jason appears on the scene ”Okay. The boss is here. I will let them deal with this.” Seeing no threat, Dhaltuun uses his new radio ”I am gonna go redo my gear and prep for whatever y’all have planned. Call me if needed.” He chuckles and heads back to his gear in the armory
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:18 pm

Rolls carried...
(OOC these rolls are for trying to create his bug armor on his own)
Sewing 40%| 1d100:
63
1d100:
6
1d100:
13
1d100:
75

Leather Working 40% | 1d100:
89
1d100:
86
1d100:
4

Skin and Prepare Animal Hides 30% | 1d100:
2
1d100:
90
1d100:
34



At the mention of waiting and talking more Kilo does nothing to hide his feelings and throws his hands up in exasperation, "Uhhhh, talk, talk, talk. Kilo want do, not talk." The monster stomps away to pick up his game were he left off.

After getting bored of smashing rocks, Kilo spends some time in his hole trying to empty out the water so he can dig more. After a lot of work with minimal progress the ogre gives up and heads back to his outdoor home, surrounded by his staked bug heads. He does his best to sit and look angry, like he used to before the wolven... Kilo's mind races to a place he doesn't want it to go and he jumps up and looks for a distraction. Finding nothing he moves to the bug shells to try and get something started for his bug armor on his own. With several dead bodies and severed heads it can't hurt to mess one up on his own. Using his own skills, learned as a young ogre, he tries to create a makeshift chest and back plate as well as any smaller pieces that might server as armor for his arms and legs. Realizing that he has no way of joining the pieces together, he heads back inside looking for anything he could cut down that would serve to link the pieces together. He spends time making a massive mess in the facility all the wide eating anything that happens in front of him. I'm hungry, where is that damn doctor and his food.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Captain Cook » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:52 pm

Jason Long wrote:Jason doesn't know whether to admire Kilo's enthusiasm or be exhausted by it. He welcomes the stranger inside and introduces himself to the man. "I'm Jason Long, leader of the Templar. Please, sit down and tell us what you can. Let's start with who you are, who is your father, where he was headed and what his mission was. I will warn you in advance, that if he was involved in anything unethical, we will not get involved." Jason offers the man a drink of water and settles in to draw out everything the man knows, mentally running through interrogation techniques to see what will work best with the strange


Accepting the offer of water the man sits down, clearly worried. "Well, I'm Reginald Tombley, my father is Dr Edwards Tombley out of Lazlo. He and his team headed to the ruins of a city once called London in what was once the country of Ontario, or maybe it was Canada?" he pauses "Anyway, it's up north near Free Quebec and Lazlo territory. I have a map." he says pulling it out to indicate the area in question.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 999999&z=4

(GM Note: I believe CSHC made this or at least he's the one that first provided the link to me. Really handy map!)

"He was following up some leads he'd found in his research into the Neemans that people mostly think were just mythical. He believes they were some sort of Golden Age military force that survived the apocalypse. His research seemed to indicate that there was an off site information storage facility that might have survived the devastation. Even if most of it wasn't intact, he was pretty certain that at least some useful information could be unearthed. I guess there was some sort of underground complex that had been hardened against a possible nuclear strike. Sort of a bunker I guess but one only designed to safely store computers and hard copies of files instead of people. From what I was able to gather from Bellone they had actually found the facility and begun excavations, even started finding a few valuable relics but then when they breached the main chamber they unleashed something that started turning people into robot zombies. I'm not sure what to make of the story myself, but she claims the dead would get back up again and some of them showed up with all sorts of random metal bits attached to them like armour. Unfortunately there were so many of them they got overrun."

The man pauses, taking another drink as well as taking some time to compose himself before continuing. "I can't offer you very much in the way of payment. The most I can come up with on such short notice is 400,000 credits, but I can offer you full salvage rights on anything you find, which, if my father is dead, would include his Behemoth Robot. However I must insist on several things. One, that you do your best to gather up any personal belongings and cremated remains so that they may be passed on to surviving family members, and two, if you find anything of scientific significance that you give us a chance to examine or even purchase any relics you discover from you."

Meanwhile Kilo's attempts at making 'bug armour' don't turn out so wonderfully. First off, there wasn't a whole lot left of them to salvage. The group had done a pretty good job of pulverizing the creatures, Kilo most of all! Secondly, the 'meat' of the insects had sat long enough by this point it had started to get a little rancid, though some of it might still be salvageable for general consumption. Certainly it's state wouldn't bother Kilo so much, at least the way it was right now. Third, most of the pieces he was able to find that might be suitably large enough were difficult for him to fully prepare. Perhaps it was simply his giant hands turning to such a delicate task with comparatively small pieces, or maybe he just needed more practice. In the end, while he didn't seem to have anywhere near enough left to make a full suit of armour, he was able to salvage enough that maybe he could make a neat bracer or two or possibly line the exterior of a shield with.
User avatar
Captain Cook
Game Master
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:24 am
Location: GM: Rifts Australia

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:34 am

Perception 1d20:
20

JIC 1d20:
15

JIC 1d100:
17


As Dhaltuun heads back to the armory, he hears Kilo

Kilo
At the mention of waiting and talking more Kilo does nothing to hide his feelings and throws his hands up in exasperation, "Uhhhh, talk, talk, talk. Kilo want do, not talk." The monster stomps away to pick up his game were he left off.


With a grin, Dhaltuun thinks ”I like him. Do, not talk. That is some good thinking there. Might make a friend there if i can.” He then starts with the re-loading of his bags. ”wow!!!”
”I carry alot of crap around. I need to relocate some of this stuff, and make a kitchen crate. Put all my cooking stuff together.” Dhaltuun lets out a sigh, and begins to ask of rearranging his gear.

Dhaltuun takes his time, looking around the room, grabbing gear as he goes. ”Now to find something for cooking supplies.” Using his old backpack, he puts all the cooking stuff away. ”Now i am good to go. I should go see what is going on.” He goes to find the others.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:40 am

Perception: 1d20:
1

JIC: 1d20:
12
/ 1d100:
30


Jason listens carefully to everything Tombley says. When he finishes, Jason starts asking questions. "First of all, I want to assure you that the Templar will take the mission. There are some things I would like to clarify first. What are Neemans? I haven't heard that term before. Also, did Bellone give you any more details on what attacked the group? Was a gas released, nano-tech, creatures that bit the team to turn them into the zombies? Did she mention anything to you about countermeasures that worked, such as shooting them in the head, fire as a deterrent, silver or wood being effective, etc?" Jason pauses to let Tombley think or respond.

Jason then looks to the other Templar. "Does any of this sound familiar to any of you? Even folklore would help. I want us to be as prepared as possible before heading out. " Jason even looks at Kilo, if he hasn't wandered too far off, in case the big guy has fought something like metal clad undead before.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Captain Cook » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:12 pm

"Neemans" Begins Tobley "Are more myth and legend than reality as far as I'm aware. That said there are a number of stories that persist especially in certain parts of North America to this day that point to their source being real enough. Supposedly some time during the Dark Ages of the Cataclysm a force of people rose up together to fight back the demons, monsters and other threats of the day. Helping protect people and providing them with safe havens, some of which grew up into the kingdoms and groups they are today, such as the Coalition States, Free Quebec, Kingsdale and possibly even Lazlo and other areas. Some people sometimes confuse them with Captain Nemo two and his crew, though I'm fairly certain they are entirely separate, and things like that can muddy the waters, so to speak, and make it hard to pick apart fact from fiction or simple misunderstanding. That's what makes all these Golden Age relics so important. It's through these that we get a glimpse of what the world was really like before, and during those times."

The man lets out a long sigh as he gets back on track as to the real nature of the mission. "As to these... things. Zombies I guess would be the best word. We don't know what the source is. From everything I could gleam, there's no known weaknesses to these things, though standard military grade weapons do appear to work on them. They also seem to be incredibly resilient and it's possible some are... put together from pieces of multiple people. So you're probably dealing with a Necromancer or something like that. Unfortunately that's all I know. I hate to admit it, but it doesn't sound very likely you will find survivors, but I'm still holding out some hope that maybe, just maybe some survived, and if that's the case I need to be sure they are rescued. Failing that.. well, like I said, I want the families to have a chance to properly grieve their losses and loved ones."
User avatar
Captain Cook
Game Master
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:24 am
Location: GM: Rifts Australia

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:32 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 26:
19

JIC: 1d20:
4
1d100:
68

Land Navigation 52% | 1d100:
78


Captain Cook wrote:Meanwhile Kilo's attempts at making 'bug armour' don't turn out so wonderfully. First off, there wasn't a whole lot left of them to salvage. The group had done a pretty good job of pulverizing the creatures, Kilo most of all! Secondly, the 'meat' of the insects had sat long enough by this point it had started to get a little rancid, though some of it might still be salvageable for general consumption. Certainly it's state wouldn't bother Kilo so much, at least the way it was right now. Third, most of the pieces he was able to find that might be suitably large enough were difficult for him to fully prepare. Perhaps it was simply his giant hands turning to such a delicate task with comparatively small pieces, or maybe he just needed more practice. In the end, while he didn't seem to have anywhere near enough left to make a full suit of armour, he was able to salvage enough that maybe he could make a neat bracer or two or possibly line the exterior of a shield with.


Kilo gets a sweat on working away at the bug carcases. For a brief moment he felt like he would make some progress but just as he thought he had two pieces connected together, his whole assembly falls apart. "FUUUUUUCK!! ASS!!! BITCH MONKEY FUCK!!! Kilo hate little work." The ogre rages hard in his little copse of trees for several moments. When the tantrum finally wears off he looks at what is left of the bugs and decides to give up. Why did that mechanic have to die? Granted he tasted wonderful but I hate doing this shit. Kilo gathers up what is left of the bug bodies and displays them around his little home away from home. With the bug heads that were already there it was stating to really make the area come together. At least carcases add a nice smell to the place.

Jason Long wrote: Jason even looks at Kilo, if he hasn't wandered too far off, in case the big guy has fought something like metal clad undead before.


Kilo is log gone as Jason didn't look like he needed protection and talking is just not the juicers thing. After redecorating his copse of trees the ogre decides he needs to get his armor fixed. He finds one of the people working on the farm and says, "Kilo need fix." and bangs on his broken armor. He points towards Merctown and growls out, "Kilo go village big. Kilo buy." Pointing a meaty finger at the little human he adds, "Little not food man, tell boss man Kilo go buy." The ogre turns and stars a quick jog toward Merctown making a mental note of what he needed. Fix my current armor and maybe get a force field thing put in like the doctor talked about, (Mercenaries p126 Heavy force field 200,000 40,000 built into armor) . I have no idea how much all of that will cost or how much I have. If I don't have enough I'll go to that bar Nirvana and ask Aphrodite to lend me money. The doctor said she would help.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Maximilian IV » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:06 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 13:
11

J.I.C.: 1d20:
7
|1d100:
31


Max finds an errant train of thought a tad more distracting than he had intended. . . trailing back to his home and family, catastrophizing a slurry of horrible events in both rapid and worsening succession. It was a rather recent revelation, that perhaps keeping busy with whatever shenanigans his former employers had schemed up, was more of a welcomed distraction from those isolated days on his lonesome than he had realized.

Nodding towards the only slightly shorter Dhaltuun and Rufus, he sports a somewhat forced, and doggish, smile at the notion of being welcomed in. That indeed was a fine turn of events given the turmoil of this past week.

Well, at least I'm making progress and keeping busy. . . the Patriarch would have my head if he caught me resting on my laurels!

The all to sudden appearance of guests has Max's attention squarely on the precepts of being apart of an actively employed Mercenary group. His mind still struggling to conceive of the 'for-profit' model. Not that he was morally against the notion, but it was alien to the collective, familial existence with no practical knowledge of the outside world.

Standing quite aloof, Max follows the entourage tailing the prospective clientele -- keen to analyze the specifics for himself. At least until the literal giant makes it quite bluntly (pun totally intended), he needs some damned bug armor!

Trying to fit the full height of Kilo within his line of sight seemed a tad challenging, as Max has to adjust his gaze more than a few times. . . his afro-ploof demonstrating Newton's First Law in subliminal comedy. Seemingly fixed on the monster, Max is, more or less, staring at a vertical ninety degree angle.

Puffing air into his cheeks, his brow is strongly furrowed as he tries to size up the behemoth.

A Glitterboy isn't even that tall. . .

All he can muster is a half-cogent positive, "Bwrarf! Uh, Bug armor you say? It might take awhile to fit you, what kinda bugs are even that big? I'll try to see what I can do. . ."

Trailing off as Kilo grows weary of the job discussions, Max looks a tad unsure of how to look purposeful. Instead, listening to the further discussions between Jason and this Reginald.

The mention of NEMAN's has a noticeable impact on Max, his head darting to attention as he blurts out. "Borf! NEMAN's are a fairy-tale the den mothers told pups, they were supposed to be gods or heroes. . . they always had a connection to the Glitterboy's. . . but what the Doctor says seems to correlate well enough with those old tales." Nodding introspectively, Max's mind drifts off to the days where he would wander the labyrinthine halls of the bunker. The feeling he was was forgetting a larger connection irked him. . .

At least until the mention of Zombies popped up.

What is it with humans and the supernatural!
Dog of Wisdom
P.P.E.: 36/36
I.S.P.: 53/53
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 44/44

NG-PB713 Particle Beam Pistol: 10/10
User avatar
Maximilian IV
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:03 am

Perception 1d20:
15

JIC 1d20:
5

JIC 1d100:
3


Lore: Demon 55% 1d100:
25

Lore: Faerie 40% 1d100:
25

Art: Tattoo (Samoan) 35% 1d100:
1
-

Jason listens carefully to everything Tombley says. When he finishes, Jason starts asking questions. "First of all, I want to assure you that the Templar will take the mission. There are some things I would like to clarify first. What are Neemans? I haven't heard that term before. Also, did Bellone give you any more details on what attacked the group? Was a gas released, nano-tech, creatures that bit the team to turn them into the zombies? Did she mention anything to you about countermeasures that worked, such as shooting them in the head, fire as a deterrent, silver or wood being effective, etc?" Jason pauses to let Tombley think or respond.

Jason then looks to the other Templar. "Does any of this sound familiar to any of you? Even folklore would help. I want us to be as prepared as possible before heading out. “


As Dhaltuun enters the room, he hears the tail end of Jason’s comment. ”No idea about Neemans...But i will think on the other thing.” Dhaltuun moves to a chair, and sits. ”Okay. I need to remember my lessons...Think!!” ((Lore: Demon / Lore: Faerie)) He doodles some tattoo ideas while he thinks

As the client finishes talking, Dhaltuun tries to think of what he knows about Zombies. ((Lore: Demon)) He continues to listen ”Wow!! I agree. Proper burials are important, no matter the culture.” After a few minutes, he sighs ”I should have studied more.” He thinks to himself ”Maybe i can learn something at this college Rufus spoke of.” Seeing Max’s nod, Dhaltuun returns it with a friendly smile. ”Oh, Marcella. Can you follow the big guy?? Just keep an eye on him. Let me know if you need me or the team.” He gets to his feet ”Excuse me. I am gonna go research Zombies and how to fight them. Radio if you need me.” He heads out to find Rufus.
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:58 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14:
13

JIC: 1d20:
12
/1d100:
49

'just in case' JIC: 1d20:
20
/1d100:
31


Conditions:
  • PPE: 93/224 at the start of this post
  • Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor Main Body: 52/60 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining
  • Nightvision -- 40'
  • Keen hearing (equal to a dog boy)

Accepting the offer of water the man sits down, clearly worried. "Well, I'm Reginald Tombley, my father is Dr Edwards Tombley out of Lazlo. He and his team headed to the ruins of a city once called London in what was once the country of Ontario, or maybe it was Canada?" he pauses "Anyway, it's up north near Free Quebec and Lazlo territory. I have a map." he says pulling it out to indicate the area in question.


At the mention of the father's name, Rufus' ears prick up. "Hold up, pal -- you mean the 'Dr. Edwards Tombley?' I remember reading an article of his about his excavations at 'The Relic' not long after I arrived in Lazlo." He looks up at Jason. "I don't think he's as well-known as Erin Tarn, but as you humans say he's cut from a very similar cloth." He holds up a paw. "My apologies, please continue." He takes a look at the map as it's laid out. We better get an extra copy of this before we head out -- either that or not let Kilo know where it is... he thinks to himself with a smirk.

Jason Long wrote:Jason then looks to the other Templar. "Does any of this sound familiar to any of you? Even folklore would help. I want us to be as prepared as possible before heading out. " Jason even looks at Kilo, if he hasn't wandered too far off, in case the big guy has fought something like metal clad undead before.


"Neemans" Begins Tobley "Are more myth and legend than reality as far as I'm aware. That said there are a number of stories that persist especially in certain parts of North America to this day that point to their source being real enough. Supposedly some time during the Dark Ages of the Cataclysm a force of people rose up together to fight back the demons, monsters and other threats of the day. Helping protect people and providing them with safe havens, some of which grew up into the kingdoms and groups they are today, such as the Coalition States, Free Quebec, Kingsdale and possibly even Lazlo and other areas. Some people sometimes confuse them with Captain Nemo two and his crew, though I'm fairly certain they are entirely separate, and things like that can muddy the waters, so to speak, and make it hard to pick apart fact from fiction or simple misunderstanding. That's what makes all these Golden Age relics so important. It's through these that we get a glimpse of what the world was really like before, and during those times."


"Well, we did find those bodies when we were in Denver..." Rufus rubs his chin. "At the time, I thought they might be part of Captain Nemo's crew based on what little we could make out on what was left of their armor -- but they might have been these 'Neemans' after all." He shrugs. Well that's put a crimp on an otherwise darn fine theory -- if you don't count the question of why a landlocked city would have a naval base, that is. "If that's the case, then we can definitely confirm they were very much real once upon a time."

The man lets out a long sigh as he gets back on track as to the real nature of the mission. "As to these... things. Zombies I guess would be the best word. We don't know what the source is. From everything I could gleam, there's no known weaknesses to these things, though standard military grade weapons do appear to work on them. They also seem to be incredibly resilient and it's possible some are... put together from pieces of multiple people. So you're probably dealing with a Necromancer or something like that. Unfortunately that's all I know. I hate to admit it, but it doesn't sound very likely you will find survivors, but I'm still holding out some hope that maybe, just maybe some survived, and if that's the case I need to be sure they are rescued. Failing that.. well, like I said, I want the families to have a chance to properly grieve their losses and loved ones."


Rufus nods. "As Officer Long here has said, you can count on us. In addition to rescuing any survivors, Mister Tombley, I will do whatever I can to bring back any of your father's research materials we may recover. That way you may at least be able to ensure that his work is carried on if... well, if it comes to that."
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Perception: 1d20:
5

JIC: 1d20:
14
/ 1d100:
10


Jason considers everything Tobley and the others have said. He watches Tobley carefully, trying to determine if Tobley seems to be holding any information back.

((Interrogation--82% / 1d100:
99
% ))

"So, what we have, is your father's team was investigating a pre-collapse bunker of a high technology organization. Either there is something or someone there actively working against them. or they released some boobytrap that created zombie like creatures that attacked his team. " Jason remembers the trouble they had getting to Denver and the issues looking for Nakamura's agent. "Two major questions. First, how do we get there. London is in Canada; a long way from here. If we travel by the Gamera and have no issues on the way, we are still looking at more than a day to get there. And from what I'm learning, there will be trouble on the way. Second, once we get there, how do we find your father's team? Does any of their gear have transponders or something we can track at a distance? Did Bellone mention if they had activated an SOS signal or anything like that?"

Jason looks at Dhaltuun. " Can you create a rift to somewhere you've never been?"
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:02 am

((Rolls carried over))

Dhaltuun takes a step before he realizes Rufus is already in the room. ”Duh!! Silly me, he is right there.” Dhaltuun listens as Rufus speaks. Once he is done, Dhaltuun is about to talk to him, but Jason continues.


“So, what we have, is your father's team was investigating a pre-collapse bunker of a high technology organization. Either there is something or someone there actively working against them. or they released some boobytrap that created zombie like creatures that attacked his team. " Jason remembers the trouble they had getting to Denver and the issues looking for Nakamura's agent. "Two major questions. First, how do we get there. London is in Canada; a long way from here. If we travel by the Gamera and have no issues on the way, we are still looking at more than a day to get there. And from what I'm learning, there will be trouble on the way. Second, once we get there, how do we find your father's team? Does any of their gear have transponders or something we can track at a distance? Did Bellone mention if they had activated an SOS signal or anything like that?"


Dhaltuun’s eyebrows go up as Jason talks. ”Impressive!! He knows his stuff. I can learn some shit from these guys.” He gives his head a little shake as Jason asks him a question directly.

" Can you create a rift to somewhere you've never been?"


”I am not sure, but i don’t think so. I got to Merctown by sending my girl, Marcella, here first, then rifted to her. There may be a way...if i can contact someone here thru a small rift i can make. Imagine a video call done thru a window. IF i can contact someone, i may be able to rift us near them. I am new to this, but i will try.” He takes a deep breathe ”If y’all will excuse me, i must prepare. Before i go...” He turns to Tobley ”Do you some names i can search out, or maybe something of thiers, like pics??”

Once Dhaltuun has the info he requested, he will wait for Rufus.

”Excuse me. I heard there was a college of magic here?? Maybe they will be able to help me. Can you show me n the map where it is??”
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Captain Cook » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:10 am

Jason Long wrote:"So, what we have, is your father's team was investigating a pre-collapse bunker of a high technology organization. Either there is something or someone there actively working against them. or they released some boobytrap that created zombie like creatures that attacked his team. "


The man honestly didn't appear to be holding back anything, he simply didn't know anything more than what he was telling you all. "Something like that I suppose. Unfortunately you know as much as I do on what actually happened. It's not much to go by but I suppose it's better than nothing."

Jason Long wrote: Jason remembers the trouble they had getting to Denver and the issues looking for Nakamura's agent. "Two major questions. First, how do we get there. London is in Canada; a long way from here. If we travel by the Gamera and have no issues on the way, we are still looking at more than a day to get there. And from what I'm learning, there will be trouble on the way. Second, once we get there, how do we find your father's team? Does any of their gear have transponders or something we can track at a distance? Did Bellone mention if they had activated an SOS signal or anything like that?"


"Well, how you get there is entirely up to you I suppose. I don't know what sort of modes of transportation your group has at it's disposal, or what you might be able to charter." the man explains giving Jason a bit of a clueless look. "I sort of expected you people would know how to get yourselves around...." his gaze turning a little questioning at that aspect before continuing. "As to finding them, the Behemoth is hard to miss and the ruins of London shouldn't be all that big. It was never a major city, large enough though it may have been in it's day. It was a lot more spread out than built up. The Behemoth should really stand out, especially if you look for it from the air."

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”I am not sure, but i don’t think so. I got to Merctown by sending my girl, Marcella, here first, then rifted to her. There may be a way...if i can contact someone here thru a small rift i can make. Imagine a video call done thru a window. IF i can contact someone, i may be able to rift us near them. I am new to this, but i will try.”


"Unfortunately I don't have anything that's suitable to what you'd like to try. And I know it's a fair distance away, roughly six hundred mile trip or so. How long that takes you to get there though I suppose will depend entirely upon what transportation you take."
User avatar
Captain Cook
Game Master
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:24 am
Location: GM: Rifts Australia

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:07 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 9:
6

JIC: 1d20:
1
/1d100:
3


Hours listens as the humans talk, but realizes that his attention wanders whenever the D-bees add to the conversation. The talk of metal zombies gets the cowboy thinking ((Lore: Demons & Monsters [40%] 1d100:
76
))
, but nothing worth mentioning comes to mind.

The thought of travelling six hundred miles inside their transport or letting that stumpy little D-bee try to make a rift to transport them to where they want to go begin to play on the Psi-slinger mind, but he holds his tongue for the time being.
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:45 am

((Rolls carried over))

Dhaltuun grabs his pack and weapons and heads out. ”Marcella, i am heading to the river to do a communication ritual, can you watch over me??” Feeling her positive response, Dhaltuun sets off looking for a good spot to perform his ritual. ”Thank you, Beautiful. I knew i could count on you.”

After a few minutes, he finds the spot . ”Perfect Beach, nice tree line, sounds of the wild mixed with water hitting the shore. Truly a sight blessed by the gods.” Dhaltuun sets down his gear, and starts setting up for the ritual. ”Ok. Now clear my mind and focus.” He proceeds getting ready for his casting of a communication rift in the London, Ontario, Canada area.

”First, i need to setup a camp site.” He will then use his skills to make a comfortable site. ”I may be here awhile, so get comfy.” ((Wilderness Survival 45% 1d100:
78
)) Seeing Marcella return from following Kilo, Dhaltuun holds out his arm. As she lands, ”Hi Gorgeous. I will be in a trance for a bit, so i am gonna call reinforcements. While i am busy, can you find some dinner for us?? I will cook for us once i am done.” With a chin scratch, Dhaltuun sends her into the air.

He then summons some firewood ((Create Wood – 10)), builds up the fire and starts to call backup. ”Here we go. Don’t use this spell very often but here goes.” He casts ((Summon & Control Canines - 50)) With instructions to guard him while he is busy. As he awaits his reinforcements, starts setting up camp. Once camp is completed, Dhaltuun radios to group. ”I am down by the water trying to do as asked. My bird is with me and i am calling some canine reinforcements to watch me while i try to contact London. Dhaltuun out”

Once his back up arrives, Dhaltuun casts ((Armor of Ithan – 10)) on himself and Marcella, and then sits comfortably before the fire. ”i will take in as much energy as i can and then try to make contact with someone or something in London, so i can establish a link so i can rift us there.” ((PPE: 276 for 22 minutes))

”Alright everybody. Here we go.” Dhaltuun attempts to open a rift.



OOC: I know Dhaltuun can't, but it makes good RP...lol

Communication Rift
• P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 PPE
• Duration: 1 min per level
• Success ratio 40% +5% as ritual 1d100:
31

• Time to open: as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min 1d6:
1
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:03 am

Perception:1d20:
1

JIC: 1d20:
6
/1d100:
49


Captain Cook wrote:"Unfortunately I don't have anything that's suitable to what you'd like to try. And I know it's a fair distance away, roughly six hundred mile trip or so. How long that takes you to get there though I suppose will depend entirely upon what transportation you take."


"Thank you Mr. Tombey. On some of our previous missions, our client has been able to provide transport to the general vicinity, thus my question. We will make some preparations and leave once they are complete. We will contact you with our findings upon our return. " Jason gets the man's contact information and unless there are further questions from the team or from Tombey, Jason escorts him out.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote: Dhaltuun radios to group. ”I am down by the water trying to do as asked. My bird is with me and i am calling some canine reinforcements to watch me while i try to contact London. Dhaltuun out”


Jason asks the rest of the group for input. "Does anyone have any ideas for getting to London other than taking the Gamera? Also, does anyone need time to prepare before we head out? Personally, I need to make a run to get some ammo and other gear. I will also contact the doc and see if he is available for this run. If he isn't, Bonaparte will have to sit this mission out. I think I'm the only one able to operate the Gamera. "
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:14 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 18:
11

JIC: 1d20:
19
1d100:
74


Kilo finds his way to Nirvana and wanders into one of the giant rooms for Titans. There are a ton of other big dudes in there and the need to fight them claws its way to the surface of his mind. The ogre pushes it back down and moves to the bar, "Kilo drank beer. Good beer." As he waits for the booze to come, he thinks back to that conversation he had the doctor from the facility. This is wear he told me to come. Nirvana and ask fro Aphrodite. Well may as well try. When someone brings his drinks the juicer will look at them intently and say, "Bring here Aphrodite! Talk Kilo!"

If she happens to show up Kilo will explain about the compound and how the doctor told him to find her here. Kilo will do his best to convince her to lend him money to put a force field in his armour, (200,000 credits). If she agrees or refuses, Kilo will proceed to get heavily intoxicated and stoned on whatever drug that's recommended to him, with the money of his own he has left.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Ryu Goryo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:46 pm

Kilo

The dark, gloomy Juicer bar is a haven away from the farmhouse for the Ogre Juicer. In addition to booze, there is a selection of Juicer drugs available behind the counter. The bartender leaves after Kilo asks for Aphrodite. His request is fulfilled a few minutes later, as Kilo's contact walks up to him. "Ah, Big Strong and Ugly as sin. What brings you back into my life?" Aphrodite smiles. "Oh yes. You wouldn't recognize me."

After hearing Kilo's request, Aphrodite smiles. "You do me a favor, and I'll do you one. I pay Naruni for your force field, and you deliver a package for me?" Assuming Kilo agrees, the shape-shifter continues. "The package needs to go to Patsy O'Brien, up in Old Bones. You handle it for me, you only have to pay me back one hundred ninety kay." Aphrodite's finger grows longer as she wags it at Kilo. "And no peeking!"

What are your intentions?
Ryu Goryo
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Captain Cook » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:05 pm

"I'm very glad to hear you are willing to help." Tombley replies. "Here, this is half up front, and the other half when you return. That's... that's the typical sort of arrangement with your sort is it not?" the man holds out a credit voucher to Jason that can be redeemed at the Bank of Merctown, with a face value of 200,000 universal credits.

Meanwhile Daltuun's foray into attempting to open a communication rift come to an unfortunate halt, as he finds that despite what he expected, he was unable to draw upon any nearby sources for PPE. Sadly the farm was just too far from the only two leylines that crossed through Merctown. With this realization, he comes to the conclusion that he would either have to visit the mages guild at merctown to charge up, or at least be somewhere near one of the leylines. Not only that, but now that he thought about it, even if he could open a full sized portal, it wouldn't be big enough to fit the Gamera through. He just didn't have the mastery required yet to do that. With this in mind, he was at least able to go back to Jason and the others to discuss if they really wanted to bring the Gamera along or not. If they only brought the VHT, which should fit, the whole group could still go by rift. Once Daltuun had enough time to prepare, and possibly had some additional help from Rufus during the ritual.

And then, something exciting happened!

Well for Lord Magus Talesin at least.

Having been experimenting with a small magical device he'd discovered while out and about on his adventures, he'd accidentally activated it. The device, what ever it had been apparently, was designed to teleport the user. Randomly. And then disintegrate... or was that actually not supposed to happen? Where was he anyway? Seemed to be a farm of some sort. Some people heading out the door, one offering some sort of card or piece of paper to the other. And a strange robot not far off that appears to have noticed his arrival and is making it's way over. "Why Helllooooo child! Here is your free complimentary ice cream! Please enjoy your visit to the museum of history. Today's feature presentation should be starting in just ten minutes!"
User avatar
Captain Cook
Game Master
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:24 am
Location: GM: Rifts Australia

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Taleisin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:59 pm

Perception - 1d20+1 = 11:
10

JiC 20 - 1d20:
16

JiC 100 - 1d100:
6


Pop.

That's the sound that Taleisin makes. It's to his credit that he doesn't immediately snap to his feet and look around and figure out where he is ... or maybe it isn't. He sits there a moment or two, cross legged, wiping his fingertips frantically against his thumbs to clear them of ashes.

"Well, that was unexpected."

Only then does he take to his feet, using his cane to drag himself upwards in a lazy fashion. Robes are adjusted, stick swapped from left to right hand and he gets all ready to start walking when he's accosted by a machine.

He might be from the Federation of Magic but he's seen such things before, it's the language that apparently confuses him.

Blinking, he rests the tip of his cane against the ground and folds his hands over it.

"Free ice cream? For me? Why sure."

He holds his hand out expectantly, albeit warily.

You never know though, so his eye is kept carefully on the machine.

"Speaking of feature presentations....." He leans in closer towards the robot. "Where in the nine hells am I?"

As he asks he looks around the 'sort of farm', trying to see if he can see at a glance what is being grown and it's general state of health.

Botany ☞ 67% (+4%) -- 1d100:
72
- Fail
Identify Plants & Fruits ☞ 42% (+5%) -- 1d100:
28
- Pass
“Life isn’t meant to be lived perfectly…but merely to be LIVED. Boldly, wildly, beautifully, uncertainly, imperfectly, magically LIVED.”
Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
User avatar
Taleisin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:38 pm
Location: Merctown

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Captain Cook » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:56 pm

The ice cream that Talesin is handed appears perfectly normal, even if the robot is everything but. Covered in what looks like spots of dried blood, carrying a giant, blood encrusted sword and handing him a perfectly edible looking, and 'just right' cool ice cream cone. Vanilla flavoured by the looks of things.

"Oh my young lad, you're in the famous Museum of Nature and Science in Denver Colorado! If you need further assistance, just follow the overhead signs that will lead you to the customer care center! The special exhibit is down the hall to the left."

Wait, didn't it previously say the museum of history? Now it was the Museum of Nature and Science? And of course the stupid machine clearly couldn't tell it wasn't actually in any sort of building. Likely, it has no more of an idea of where it actually is, than Talesin. Possibly much less really....

Meanwhile his view of the farm shows that it's a mix of old construction and brand new. There's even a fair number of tools and workers starting to leave for the day. The sun is up in.. more or less the same place it was before he was teleported. That, combined with the mention of Colorado meant it was probably at least the same continent as he'd previously been on. The specifics of where exactly were another matter entirely. Beyond that he could see that someone had dug a very inefficient but large hole in the ground that was starting to fill up with muddy water. Beyond that a few fields appeared to have been recently tilled for planting, though nothing yet appeared to be growing. Of course, given how late it was in the season, maybe the crops were already harvested and planted for the next year? Winter was not far off...
User avatar
Captain Cook
Game Master
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:24 am
Location: GM: Rifts Australia

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Taleisin » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:03 pm

<< -- Rolls Carried -- >>

Taleisin looks at the ice cream carefully, then at the blood covered robot.

Then by extension he looks thoughtfully at the group of people standing around there.

If they (The Templar) look at him, they'll see him drawing his eyes between the blood covered sword wielding ice cream robot and them.

Guilty by association, apparently.

"Elaig-lhoer." He murmurs, a bit of magic flaring around him as he casually makes himself immune to poison.

The look on his face is incredibly thoughtful and experimentally, carefully sticks out his tongue and tastes the ice cream.

"Hmm." The Lord Magus, for that is obviously what the person is given their armor if anyone has ever seen a suit like that before. The strange helmet is hanging off of his shoulder.

Abruptly making a decision, he walks towards the Templar, talking to Carny on the way.

"You should be my friend, Robot. Do these people own you? Are you for sale for how much? You are among the most hilariously ironic things I've ever encountered." | Trust/Intimidate on Carny, Target: 60% | 1d100:
19
PASS

Upon reaching the group, Taleisin halts and bows with a flourish.

"What an unusual place. Farmland that raised no product, a swimming pool half dug in the mud and a death machine that makes ice cream. I already like you, are you hiring?"

The Lord Magus pauses, tilting his head in an almost avian like way.

"Next questions, of lesser importance in order, where am I, who are you and what do you do?"
“Life isn’t meant to be lived perfectly…but merely to be LIVED. Boldly, wildly, beautifully, uncertainly, imperfectly, magically LIVED.”
Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
User avatar
Taleisin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:38 pm
Location: Merctown

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:19 pm

(...Rolls carried)
Ryu Goryo wrote:Kilo
"Ah, Big Strong and Ugly as sin. What brings you back into my life? Oh yes. You wouldn't recognize me."


Kilo looks at the women for a few seconds as he thinks back to that night in the compound. That fucking doctor. I know it looked like he was helping me but he was the reason I was there in the first place. The ogre dispels the confusion in his mind with a large shake of his head and says, "Kilo no like doctor. He said you help... Kilo here."

Ryu Goryo wrote: "You do me a favor, and I'll do you one. I pay Naruni for your force field, and you deliver a package for me?" Assuming Kilo agrees, the shape-shifter continues. "The package needs to go to Patsy O'Brien, up in Old Bones. You handle it for me, you only have to pay me back one hundred ninety kay." Aphrodite's finger grows longer as she wags it at Kilo. "And no peeking!"


How hard is it to carry a package? I'll do whatever she needs to get my armor fixed and a force thing put in it. How much money is that anyway? "HA HA HA. Kilo do. Kilo pay you...soon. The big ogre starts removing pieces of his armor and dropping them on the floor, "Here armor. Where package? Kilo go now." Once he is done stripping out of his armor to his bare ass, he will start putting on his suit. Once he is dressed again, he will take the package, slam a glass of beer, and walk out headed for his destination, (without paying for his beer).
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:47 pm

Perception 1d20:
10

JIC 1d20:
4

JIC 1d100:
46


PPE 14 / 92 at end of this post

After almost an hour, Dhaltuun Sighs and gives up trying. ”Oh well. I figure i need some experience or at least some help, if i want immediate results” He stands up. Brushing off the dust as he does. He looks at his new 5 friends ”You are some good looking farm dogs. You guys just need to watch out for me while i pack up camp then we will head back to the others.” Dhaltuun packs camp quickly but with the skill of one who does this often. With his pack and bags packed, he calls for Marcella ”How’s the fishing?? No rush to return, come back when ready.” Nodding with satisfaction, Dhaltuun grabs his weapons, checks the reloads and then starts back to speak to the others.



With this realization, he comes to the conclusion that he would either have to visit the mages guild at merctown to charge up, or at least be somewhere near one of the leylines. Not only that, but now that he thought about it, even if he could open a full sized portal, it wouldn't be big enough to fit the Gamera through. He just didn't have the mastery required yet to do that. With this in mind, he was at least able to go back to Jason and the others to discuss if they really wanted to bring the Gamera along or not. If they only brought the VHT, which should fit, the whole group could still go by rift.



”Thank Njord for helping me realize the truth. I need some experience. No more newbie mistakes, i must be prepared and focused. I will start thinking of getting my own muscle. Njord guide me on he path i have chosen.” He casually pets one of the dogs as he walks. ”So boys, how do i talk to the group? I am the new guy. I will be honest and hope for the best.” Looking at the dogs gives Dhaltuun an idea "Maybe i can ask Rufus for help??“


And then, something exciting happened!


Dhaltuun stops mid step as his senses go nuts. Holding out his hand in the universal sign for hold on ”A rift?? There..But it is only a small one. Maybe a scout...Gotta see this.” ”Move!! He preps for trouble ”Marcella, Go!! I need infomartion. Scout ahead.” Dhaltuun then sends the dogs forward. Using the spell’s connection, he gets the dogs in a diamond formation around him at 10 ft apart. He then uses magic to heighten his senses ((Sense Magic (4) / Sense evil (2) )) followed by Tongues (12). Dhaltuun hurries over to the new arrival.

As Dhaltuun approaches, he see the figure in weird armor move

He sits there a moment or two, cross legged, wiping his fingertips frantically against his thumbs to clear them of ashes.
Only then does he take to his feet, using his cane to drag himself upwards in a lazy fashion. Robes are adjusted, stick swapped from left to right hand and he gets all ready to start walking when he's accosted by a machine.


Dhaltuun can’t hear what is being said between the robot and the arrival, but he can watch as he gets closer. ”What kind of armor is that?? Strange insectoid helmet??” Dhaltuun sees the flare of magic ”Heads up Gang. Some kind of spell. Dogs, watch him!!” He cocks the rail gun as he moves in closer to hear better. Seeing no obvious weapons out, Dhaltuun lowers the rail gun as the stranger bows and waits. Using the team radio ”Stranger out here. I got him covered with my dogs, bird, and he railgun. Let me know if i need to shoot.” He sets down his pack and assumes ready to fire position, with his dogs guarding him in diamond formation and Marcella circling above.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:44 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 13:
12

JIC: 1d20:
7
/1d100:
7

'just in case' JIC: 1d20:
8
/1d100:
21


Conditions:
  • PPE: 93/224 at the start of this post
  • Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor Main Body: 52/60 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining
  • Nightvision -- 40'
  • Keen hearing (equal to a dog boy)

Jason Long wrote:Jason asks the rest of the group for input. "Does anyone have any ideas for getting to London other than taking the Gamera? Also, does anyone need time to prepare before we head out? Personally, I need to make a run to get some ammo and other gear. I will also contact the doc and see if he is available for this run. If he isn't, Bonaparte will have to sit this mission out. I think I'm the only one able to operate the Gamera. "


Rufus shrugs. "Charter a flight, maybe? Or perhaps see if a member of the Guild would be willing to open a rift?" He shakes his head. "I doubt they'd let the Gamera on the grounds, though, so if they'd be willing it'd have to be off-campus."

"As for any preparation time, I need to do pretty much the same thing. Plus there's the matter of what I mentioned before about needing to visit the Guild..." He glances between Jason and Tombley. "but if we're extremely pressed for time I can re-schedule that last bit, I guess." Others need help, he silently reminds himself as he sighs inwardly. And others are paying for our help. That's what matters most. You can pursue your side interests on your own time. Whenever you wind up getting some, anyway.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”Excuse me. I heard there was a college of magic here?? Maybe they will be able to help me. Can you show me n the map where it is??”


Dhaltuun's question snaps Rufus back out of his inner grousing. "Hmm? Oh prav gotovo, most certainly..." he pulls out the map he got from the gate guard. "See this area here? This is the Mystic Quarter..." He points to the dead center of the area. "It's in the middle of the Quarter, and it's the least-modern-looking building in the whole town with a 4-meter wall all around it." He gives Dhaltuun a smirk. "You could probably be driving a hovercycle through that part of town with your eyes closed and it would still be nigh nemogoče, impossible, to miss it. Though I wouldn't recommend it." He chuckles as Dhaltuun takes his leave and goes out to meditate.

Captain Cook wrote:And then, something exciting happened!

Well for Lord Magus Talesin at least.

Having been experimenting with a small magical device he'd discovered while out and about on his adventures, he'd accidentally activated it. The device, what ever it had been apparently, was designed to teleport the user. Randomly. And then disintegrate... or was that actually not supposed to happen? Where was he anyway? Seemed to be a farm of some sort. Some people heading out the door, one offering some sort of card or piece of paper to the other. And a strange robot not far off that appears to have noticed his arrival and is making it's way over. "Why Helllooooo child! Here is your free complimentary ice cream! Please enjoy your visit to the museum of history. Today's feature presentation should be starting in just ten minutes!"


Rufus jumps up from his chair with a start as shivers run down his spine. A very specific kind of shivers. Something magical just went off nearby, I can feel it. For a moment he wonders if it's just Dhaltuun practicing his art, but this doesn't quite feel like it. No, this has more of a Techno-Wizard feel to it. Quite strong, quite... short. Like some sort of explosive. The thoughts of what all it could be are racing through his mind, and none of them are particularly pleasant.

He throws a glance at Jason. "We have company..." glancing over at Tombley he adds, "well, more company anyway. And this may not be a prijetna company as our guest here. I'll be right back."

He draws his pistol and darts out through the door just in time to see Carny handing off yet another ice cream cone to a tall human dressed all in black. Well, that's one question answered... he chuffs as he lowers his weapon. Now to get answers on a few more.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”Heads up Gang. Some kind of spell. Dogs, watch him!!” He cocks the rail gun as he moves in closer to hear better. Seeing no obvious weapons out, Dhaltuun lowers the rail gun as the stranger bows and waits. Using the team radio ”Stranger out here. I got him covered with my dogs, bird, and he railgun. Let me know if i need to shoot.” He sets down his pack and assumes ready to fire position, with his dogs guarding him in diamond formation and Marcella circling above.


Rufus raises a finger to his comlink. "Acknowledged, hvala vam. Stand by."
((Radio: Basic -- 1d100:
47
/67%))

Taleisin wrote:Upon reaching the group, Taleisin halts and bows with a flourish.

"What an unusual place. Farmland that raised no product, a swimming pool half dug in the mud and a death machine that makes ice cream. I already like you, are you hiring?"


Rufus (a 4-1/2 foot tall Kankoran, obviously a mage based on his garments) nods his own head slightly and raises a rather bemused eyebrow. "Hvala vam, stranger. It's what's been called a 'fixer-upper' opportunity -- we just recently started the 'fixing-upping,' the pool is our resident ogre's idea of 'boredom therapy' and Carny here is our newest adoptee. As for the other, we just might be."

Taleisin wrote:The Lord Magus pauses, tilting his head in an almost avian like way.

"Next questions, of lesser importance in order, where am I, who are you and what do you do?"


"You're roughly a klick outside MercTown in what used to be 'Kentucky' once upon a time, we are the Templar, and you might could call us 'troubleshooters' with a focus on supernatural critters that go 'suniti' in the night." Rufus slides his pistol back into its holster, making no effort to be inconspicuous about it. "Now I'd say it's my turn for questions -- who are you, what do you do, and how did you come to arrive here on our property with a 'POOF!' and a flash of magicka?"
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Taleisin » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:52 pm

<< -- Rolls Carried, okay, I won't post again until the next GM post to let people catch up :P -- >>

"You're roughly a klick outside MercTown in what used to be 'Kentucky' once upon a time, we are the Templar, and you might could call us 'troubleshooters' with a focus on supernatural critters that go 'suniti' in the night." Rufus slides his pistol back into its holster, making no effort to be inconspicuous about it. "Now I'd say it's my turn for questions -- who are you, what do you do, and how did you come to arrive here on our property with a 'POOF!' and a flash of magicka?"


Taleisin frowns. He heard everything else that Rufus said, he's aware of Carny and he might even be aware of the dude in the distance pointing a gun at him but he keeps himself still as the wheels turn inside his head.

"Well, Damn It. Bother. Hell of a long way from Dweomer. Look, a long time ago I was on an adventure and I found this... thing. I didn't really know what it did. It was a big red button with etchings on it saying please do not push this button. When I pushed it, it lit up and said please don't push this button again so I pressed it again and here I am. It might seem foolish to you that I /had to push the button/ but nobody ever made a button that wasn't meant to be pushed. Or was it a trap? Some kind of fool's errand? I don't know. I stared at that stupid thing for years until I finally just.... PUSHED THE BUTTON. Now I'm free from it's tyranny, but I really ought to figure out some way home. Is your robot for sale?"

With annoyance he brushes more of the dust from the tips of his armor's fingers. He's annoyed at the relocation and the dust, not Rufus, to be clear.

Though it'd probably be nice if someone wasn't pointing a gun at him.

"Taleisin. Gear in the machine of the city of Dweomer. Adventurer. Slightly cracked egg. Seeker of good times. I know a bit about this and that and can cast a spell or two and swing a sword once or twice. Can I come along? I like money. Fair shares, right?"
“Life isn’t meant to be lived perfectly…but merely to be LIVED. Boldly, wildly, beautifully, uncertainly, imperfectly, magically LIVED.”
Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
User avatar
Taleisin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:38 pm
Location: Merctown

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:10 pm

Perception: 1d20:
11

JIC: 1d20:
17
/1d100:
22



Jason accepts the credit voucher from Tombley and confirms that he has the location where Tombley is staying in town and his contact information. He is about to escort Mr. Tombley outside when the radio crackles,
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote: ”Stranger out here. I got him covered with my dogs, bird, and he railgun. Let me know if i need to shoot.”


Jason asks Mr. Tombley to wait a moment.

Rufus wrote:He throws a glance at Jason. "We have company..." glancing over at Tombley he adds, "well, more company anyway. And this may not be a prijetna company as our guest here. I'll be right back."
He draws his pistol and darts out through the door just in time to see Carny handing off yet another ice cream cone to a tall human dressed all in black.


"This should only take a moment Mr. Tombley. Once my team advises that it is safe, I will escort you out. I hope to have some information for you on your father and his team in a few days" Jason waits with Mr. Tombley, making small talk until Rufus or one of the advises that is safe for him to go.

Assuming they do, Jason will walk Mr. Tombley out and wish him well. He will then go to meet the newcomer.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:05 am

((rolls held over))

Seeing Rufus meet and greet the new arrival, Dhaltuun relaxes. ”You got this, Rufus?” when rufus puts his gun away, Dhaltuun lowers his weapon. ”ok, puppies. Let’s go see about the food supplies for our trip. “ with a nod to Rufus, Dhaltuun heads off the see he Gamera’s gallery and stock.
Conditions
PPE: 87 for 26 rds (6 mins 30 sec.)
- Energy Sphere 285 / 285
H.P.: 44 / 44
S.D.C.: 60 / 64
Mage Armor: 32 / 50
Nightvision 100 ft
Current form – dwarf
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

PreviousNext

Return to Adventure Archives: The Templars

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests