Mystic Medicine Clinic (145)

Dominated by the mages of MercTown and shops specializing in magic gear, weapons, and accessories.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Mystic Medicine Clinic (145)

Postby Augur » Sat May 31, 2008 3:22 pm

ImageImageImage

It is a well known fact that bionics and cybernetics interfere with the practice of magic and the use of psionic powers. Moreover, even in the high-tech world of Rifts Earth there remain maladies and injuries that are beyond the ability of modern medicine to cure or repair. Mystic Medicine is a clinic that borders on the level of being a small hospital with four operating rooms, two 12 bed wards and 12 private rooms, and a handful of administrative offices and storage. Wanda Koloski is the founder of the clinic. She employ three other mages who specialize in healing magic, two psychic healers, two Holistic Doctors, one Cyber-Doc and six nurses to provide healing across the spectrum to all those who need and can afford treatment.
Palladium Books Internet Policy
"The older I get the closer Lloyd comes to making sense." ~Uncle Servo
"Well, you have been Lloyd-pilled for years." ~ Bahb Silunt
ImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Augur
Admin

Re: Mystic Medicine Clinic (145)

Postby William Summers » Fri May 15, 2020 11:42 am

Perception: 1d100 = 20/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 90

Will walks in and straight up to the reception counter. "Hi, I'd like to talk to your best ophthalmologist."

When he's able to talk to someone about eye surgery, he brings out the Eye of Odin. "I would rather do this with trusted and vouched for professionals which is why I'm here. I would like to remove my left eye and replace it with this magical one. What will that cost me? And using the magicks available to you, what would my recovery time look like?"
The Man in Black

Ledger
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Armstrong » Thu May 21, 2020 2:31 pm

William Summers wrote:Will walks in and straight up to the reception counter. "Hi, I'd like to talk to your best ophthalmologist."

The receptionist directs you to take a seat whilst you wait. There are a couple of other patients also waiting; one is a human with nothing obviously wrong with him, the other a D'Norr Devilman with some angry orange pustules on his left arm. Both only give you a cursory acknowledgement.

A Fennodi doctor clad in a lab coat and beige uniform comes out and leads you into an examination room.

William Summers wrote:When he's able to talk to someone about eye surgery, he brings out the Eye of Odin. "I would rather do this with trusted and vouched for professionals which is why I'm here. I would like to remove my left eye and replace it with this magical one. What will that cost me? And using the magicks available to you, what would my recovery time look like?"

He sucks in his lips as you make your request and looks at you quizzically.

"May I examine your eye first please?" he asks, pulling out a small torch. Assuming Will agrees, he quickly examines it, first by looking at it with the torch, then he gently touches the area around the eye for a moment, not moving whilst he does so. He then withdraws his hand and looks you up and down.

OOC Comments
If you can sense psionics, you realise that he is using a power on you. If you have sixth sense, it does not go off.

"I sense nothing wrong with the eye," he says, making some notes on a chart as he speaks, "why do you wish to remove a perfectly healthy eye?"
Roughnecks AGM
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master

Postby William Summers » Thu May 21, 2020 9:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 48/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 78

Will looks the Fennodi doctor in whichever eye is aimed at him and says "This magical replacement will offer me more than my flesh and blood eye has. In my line of work, one needs every edge they can get." Will thinks about it for a while. "And if anything goes wrong, I can always get one of those dreadful bio-system eyes I've heard about. At any rate, what would something like this cost me and what does my recovery time look like? I trust that using good magic or powers of the mind, this can be shortened to a reasonable duration. I do have creds to make."
The Man in Black

Ledger
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Armstrong » Mon May 25, 2020 2:28 pm

The Fennodi doctor sighs and puts the torch back in his top pocket.

"We can do it. Normal recovery time for this level of surgery will take 3 days. We can shave another day off for an extra 3000 credits through some psychic healing, but if we try and push it even quicker, there is a strong chance your body will reject the eye."

The Fennodi steps backwards a few steps and sits calmly down in a chair. He motions to you to take a seat.

"However, before we agree to any procedure, you will tell me everything you know about the item. The purpose of this clinic is to heal people. We are not willing to implant an item that is cursed or has malign intent. Will you also allow somebody to object read the item in question?"
Roughnecks AGM
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master

Postby William Summers » Tue May 26, 2020 3:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 90/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 86

"Excellent. Glad to hear I came to the right place." Will is relieved when he hears that they can do it. "And I'll spend the extra 3000 credits for the psychic healing." Will has a seat as instructed. "Everything about the item? Alright. Let's see... As of now, it can cast six useful invocations using its own untappable mana reserves. As you can see, it is covered in small runes but unlike other runic items, it does not possess a personality of its own. It communicates with me in dreams. It doesn't speak or give me empathetic bursts, but it has given me an understanding of what it does. By replacing one of my eyes with it, I will be able to see at night, see the auras of others and see the invisible at all times under the power of the eye. My regular vision will be unaffected. As crazy as it sounds, I trust the eye and believe this to be the right thing to do. If an object read is necessary, then sure." Will gets some water while the object read takes place. Once the eye is returned to him, he asks "So, might we set up an appointment for the future?"
The Man in Black

Ledger
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Armstrong » Sun May 31, 2020 12:44 pm

The Fennodi Doctor reaches out and touches the eye. After a few moments, he frowns.

"Despite what you may think, there is something there. Unless this procedure is carried out soon, there may be unforeseen effects. We can schedule tomorrow."
Roughnecks AGM
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master

Postby William Summers » Sun May 31, 2020 8:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 36/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 97

"Tomorrow is perfect! I'll see you then. What's the total for my surgery so I can pay up front?" When the doctor gives him his total, he gives them the credits, fills out the appropriate forms and then heads to look for some magic goodies.
The Man in Black

Ledger
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Armstrong » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:30 am

"30000 credits, though that is partly due to the fact I am pushing the surgery up in order to prevent you clawing your own eye first."
Roughnecks AGM
Armstrong
Assistant Game Master

Return to The Mystic Quarter