Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Dodsrike
Game Master
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Dodsrike »

Unknown Dimension
Tuesday, June 13, 0355

As Skulls and Rana investigate the giant skull, the rest of the group takes stock of what is going on, trying to find answers. Interestingly enough, the sounds of the jungle seem to change slightly, you begin to hear more birds and what sounds like monkeys coming from the trees. Erebos takes the time to cast a few spells in preparation for what is ahead. A large black winged humanoid appears next to Erebos, and then says something to him in a strange language. By the time Erebos is done casting spells, Skulls and Rana have made sure the tracks they were following are still there, and they know which way to go.

What are you doing?
Image
User avatar
Irish
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 4:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Irish »

Perception: 1d100 = 80: 80; 31%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 5: 5; 1d100 = 39: 39
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Radar, Shadow Skin (30/30 M.D.C.; +10% to Prowl, keeps the wearer cool and comfortable up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65.5C), prevents leaving behind any forensic evidence.; Duration: 100 minutes), Whispered Voice (Range: 900'; Duration: 100 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Spd: 50 mph; + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack while flying.; Duration: 100 minutes).

Read Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 35: 35/60% Pass (To watch the radar.)

Irish takes having multiple spells on himself in stride. Wizards, magic is everything to them. Irish thinks as he waits for the group to continue on it's way. Once on the move Irish takes up a spot somewhere in the rear of the pack as he isn't tracking, and he would rather not get in the way. For the most part Irish's mind is elsewhere as this is not exactly his normal wheelhouse, so he thinks of improvements to his power armor.
"When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing. When the killing stops in one place, it starts in another, but that's okay... 'cause you're killing for your country. But it ain't your country who asks you, it's a few men up top who want it." ~ John Rambo
[hr][/hr]
Jack "Irish" MacCalister
P.P.E.: 6
I.S.P.: 22
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35
[hr][/hr]
Conditions: Sixth Sense.
[hr][/hr]
Current Loadout
User avatar
Kianra'Dea
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 11:30 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Kianra'Dea »

JiC: 1d100 = 86: 86 / 1d20 = 18: 18
Perception [43%]: 1d100 = 33: 33
Active Effects: Shadow Skin (30/30 M.D.C.; +10% to Prowl, keeps the wearer cool and comfortable up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65.5C), prevents leaving behind any forensic evidence.; Duration: 100 minutes), Whispered Voice (Range: 900'; Duration: 100 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Spd: 50 mph; + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack while flying.; Duration: 100 minutes).

Kianra takes the augmentation provided by Erebos with a gracious nod, not unlike what Lantean Defenders had offered in the past. Curious magic, shadow magic. Not practiced often. She muses.

Her eye twitches at the prospect of contending with properly armed and magically inclined temporal or dimensional raiders. Fantastic. We had trouble with these types with a true lantean kill squad. This rag-tag group may well get itself killed by them, which includes me. Well, we'll see to it that doesn't happen. These types usually have a fair amount of resources and toys we can make use of. She muses to herself amid their travel. I'm not too keen on dealing with the wildlife here, hopefully any scavengers we encroach on determine we aren't their type of meal, and we stray away from the larger prey. She thinks as she hears the sounds of birds and monkey-like creatures nearby.

Glancing at Erebos as he summons his pet, she nods. Such a thing can be helpful to us

Not being the scout of the team, she ensures she doesn't pass them even as she may want too. Her sense of adventure not overpowering her knowledge of the land. "Shroud, we can expect a fair degree of magical prowess from our enemy when we find them. There is no reason not to assume they don't have a means to sense our arrival, or even our presence. I also anticipate a shifter or temporal mage among them, if not multiple." She whispers to the Erebos. Tapping her radio, she restates her message to everyone. "We can expect a fair degree magical resistance when we find our quarry, though the sounds of the wildlife leads me to think we are, at least for the moment, alone here. Eyes up." She finish, then follow the scouts. She'll make use of the flight spell to avoid leaving a trail, but will only take off if the others do.

Skills
Detect Ambush [63%]: 1d100 = 29: 29 (Watch for signs of impending ambush)
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Kianra, the Atlantean Tattooed Voyager

Constant Conditions: Sense Ley Line within 25 miles | Sense Nexus within 30 miles | Sense Open/Active Rifts within 100 miles | Sense Dimensional Disturbances within 40 miles | H.F.: 12 | Impervious to Shape Changing | Sense Presence of Vampires/Intelligences within 1,000ft
M.D.C.: 245/245 | P.P.E.: 273/273 | I.S.P.: 13/13
Armor, Enhanced Mage Armor: Head: 50/50 | Main Body: 90 | Arm (L): 25 | Arm (R): 25 | Leg (L): 45 | Leg (R): 45


[ooc=Saving Throw Bonuses]Coma/Death: +24%
Magic (varies): +7
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +8
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +6[/ooc]
User avatar
Érebos
Group Leader
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Érebos »

Perception: 1d100 = 39: 39/62%
See perception modifiers here
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (>300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level.
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.
JIC (100): 1d100 = 50: 50
JIC (20): 1d20 = 11: 11

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds): Shadow Mask: 95:00; Shadow Skin: 100:00; Whispered Voice (Communication): 100:00; Fly as the Eagle: 100:00

Unless otherwise stated, Érebos speaks in Dragonese during dialogue and thinks in Ancient Greek.

ColdCenter wrote:((Rolls Held Over))

Coldcenter pulls in close to the group and does what Érebos asks of them. After learning that a magic flying spell has been cast on him he lets his guard down as he trys it out. The most he will do is move up 2 feet off the ground. As he floats up he lets a soft childish giggle slip out. "hehe"
Shroud grins behind the inky black magical skin. Get comfortable with it now, before you really have to rely on it he thinks approvingly.

Dodsrike wrote:Unknown Dimension
Tuesday, June 13, 0355

As Skulls and Rana investigate the giant skull, the rest of the group takes stock of what is going on, trying to find answers. Interestingly enough, the sounds of the jungle seem to change slightly, you begin to hear more birds and what sounds like monkeys coming from the trees. Erebos takes the time to cast a few spells in preparation for what is ahead. A large black winged humanoid appears next to Erebos, and then says something to him in a strange language. By the time Erebos is done casting spells, Skulls and Rana have made sure the tracks they were following are still there, and they know which way to go.
"Irish, any change on the bogeys you observed earlier on radar?" asks the Sunaj into the team radio.

Kianra wrote:Kianra takes the augmentation provided by Erebos with a gracious nod, not unlike what Lantean Defenders had offered in the past.

Her eye twitches at the prospect of contending with properly armed and magically inclined temporal or dimensional raiders.

Glancing at Erebos as he summons his pet, she nods.

Not being the scout of the team, she ensures she doesn't pass them even as she may want too. Her sense of adventure not overpowering her knowledge of the land. "Shroud, we can expect a fair degree of magical prowess from our enemy when we find them. There is no reason not to assume they don't have a means to sense our arrival, or even our presence. I also anticipate a shifter or temporal mage among them, if not multiple." She whispers to the Erebos.
"Viator, Shroud: understood - good to know. We'll be sure to keep you safe and secure just in case we're in over our heads, since you're the getaway vehicle, as it were... just like old times, hmm?" he whispers into a shadowy area with a grin.
Kianra wrote:Tapping her radio, she restates her message to everyone. "We can expect a fair degree magical resistance when we find our quarry, though the sounds of the wildlife leads me to think we are, at least for the moment, alone here. Eyes up." She finish, then follow the scouts. She'll make use of the flight spell to avoid leaving a trail, but will only take off if the others do.
"Look alive, Hellblazers... stay off the ground and out of the mud unless we don't have other options, so as to avoid leaving tracks or slowing down - now here we go..." he says into the radio after Irish reports back on what he sees.

Shroud then gestures to Skulls and Rana to continue their scouting as he keeps an eye on the Shadow Wraith.

I wonder how long it will take before evening sets in... he thinks. Surely the wildlife here sleeps at some point...

As others have mentioned, Érebos will hover off the ground slightly so as to not be slowed by mud or leave tracks.
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 124/124
Hit Points: 45/45
P.P.E.: 232/232

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.

Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
User avatar
Rana
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100 = 50: 50

JIC: 1d20 = 2: 2
1d100 = 29: 29

Conditions: Shadow skin (+10% bonus to Prowl); Whispered Voice; Fly as the Eagle (Speed: 50 mph. Bonuses: + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack.)


Rana holds as Erebos casts spells on her, and takes the opportunity to study the giant skull a bit more closely. Giant Crocodile... Not good... But big enough to see coming, yes.

Once she has her spells, She begins to hover, glad to be out of the mud for a change. She taps Skulls on the shoulder and points at the giant animal skull. "It's a croc." maybe Kianra marks this dimension, so we can come back to hunt sometime. Such an animal would have fed my Bajrak for days. The hide would make tough armor indeed, and great weapons and totems could be carved from its bones.

With that, she begins to move forward, about 3' off the ground, following the trail.

Land Navigation 44% 1d100 = 25: 25 (Pick a trail to our destination - SUCCESS)
Detect Ambush 38% 1d100 = 48: 48 (Avoid traps & ambushes - SUCCESS)
Tracking: People 33% 1d100 = 68: 68 (Follow tracks - FAIL)
Tracking: People 33% 1d100 = 87: 87 (FAIL)
Tracking: People 33% 1d100 = 4: 4 (CRIT SUCCESS)
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 39/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception [41%]: 1d100 = 46: 46
Just in Case(20): 1d20 = 11: 11
Just in Case(100): 1d100 = 25: 25

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes : seconds) : Shadow Skin: 100:00; Whispered Voice (Communication): 100:00; Fly as the Eagle: 100:00

Skulls has very little first hand experience with magic. He pauses his investigation and listens when Erebos explains the spells. After the spells are active, the troll very purposefully tests his flying capabilities. He hovers off the ground and maneuvers forward and reverse in short slow movements. Behind his helmet, Skulls smiles while accessing how to harness his new power.
Kianra wrote:"I've encountered my share of dimensional raiding types before. Were you able to glean any other details about them?"
The troll radios back to Kianra. "I will try to learn more from their tracks. Other than the rough size and weight of our prey, I have learned little."


Dodstrike wrote:Unknown Dimension
Tuesday, June 13, 0

As Skulls and Rana investigate the giant skull, the rest of the group takes stock of what is going on, trying to find answers. Interestingly enough, the sounds of the jungle seem to change slightly, you begin to hear more birds and what sounds like monkeys coming from the trees. Erebos takes the time to cast a few spells in preparation for what is ahead. A large black winged humanoid appears next to Erebos, and then says something to him in a strange language. By the time Erebos is done casting spells, Skulls and Rana have made sure the tracks they were following are still there, and they know which way to go
Rana wrote:She taps Skulls on the shoulder and points at the giant animal skull. "It's a croc."
Skulls turns his armored bulk to face Rana. Taps his comm :" I agree Silver. A sarcosuchus, they lived on the earth before man. Their decedents are ambush predators, we should keep that in mind." He looks back at the skull and its severed vertebrae, before adding : " She was not the top of the food chain." What does rule this jungle?[i/]
Shroud wrote:"Look alive, Hellblazers... stay off the ground and out of the mud unless we don't have other options, so as to avoid leaving tracks or slowing down - now here we go..."


Hovering a few feet off the ground, skulls will assume a near prone position and return to the thieves tracks. The troll enjoys his weightlessness, and feels flight is a tactical advantage. He will follow the tracks as quickly as he can, because he loves to hunt and wishes to prove himself useful. Skulls is deliberately mindful of his hunting companion, attempting to non-verbally coordinate with her as they track. He will attempt silence, but otherwise will be directly over the tracks, focused on covering ground. Lord of Skulls flying dimensional troll. Airlurker.


Skill rolls :
Wilderness Survival 65% = 1d100 = 36: 36 (Looking for potential food and water as well as abnormalities in the habitat that might indicate danger.)
Land Navigation 64% = 1d100 = 4: 4 (keeping track of their path, notable landmarks, turns, etc.)
Detect Ambush 50% = 1d100 = 100: 100 (Avoiding sarcosuchus and scanning for hazards unknown.)
Tracking: People 45% = 1d100 = 33: 33
Tracking: People 45% = 1d100 = 44: 44
Tracking: People 45% = 1d100 = 3: 3 (Stay on the tracks of his prey, judge their rate of travel and look for other insight from the tracks themselves.)
Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
User avatar
ColdCenter
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat May 23, 2020 9:05 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by ColdCenter »

Perception: 1d100 = 12: 12/45%
JIC: 1d20 = 16: 16/ 1d100 = 37: 37

Cold will use his time to get a feeling for this new ability and think of ways to use it to his advantage in a fight. Well the old attack from above is a good one.
I don't think I want to hang out too high or some flying thing might think I'm lunch. I guess I will use the death from above if they attack from the front. Any other direction and I will use normal tactics.
4 out of the 5 voices in my head say go for it!
[hr][/hr]
ColdCenter
M.D.C.: 196/196
P.P.E.: 9
User avatar
The Apothecary
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by The Apothecary »

Pocket Dimension
Time: 0420 (looks like mid-day)
Temp: 95f; 90% humidity.


The oppressive humidity and weather seem to be the hallmark of this pocket dimension. As if whoever made the dimension enjoys this kind of weather. Everyone takes to hovering just above the ground as they proceed. The group makes good time as the tracks are fairly easy to identify. Kiannra and Skulls both are slightly concerned about how easy the tracks are to follow. It’s almost as if this traill was made on purpose. Or the trail could be the only one available. The local fauna does not look very inviting. As they have moved some ways down the path the tracks pass by several large flower plants. The fauna has become a mix of ferns and these large flowers. For those not in EBA, the air has slowly become thick with the sweet fragrance of the flowers.

Kiannra, Erbos, and ColdCenter all notice what appears to be blood coating one of the fern’s leaves. Begging the question of who or what’s blood could have coated the leaves. The sounds of the birds have grown faint. The heavy sweat air has an eerie stillness to it. The three swear something moved at the edge of their sight. Trick of the light? Or is something stalking the group?


Your turn...So what are you doing?
"Death may be a small mercy for some. Others come to me for the cure. Temporary or permanent I have it all."

AGM For: AAPS/Spooks

PCs: Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR); Kieko (H4H); Hellhound (VR)

GM: Sum Of All Fears (MARS/Atlantis)

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Kianra'Dea
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 11:30 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Kianra'Dea »

JiC: 1d100 = 93: 93 / 1d20 = 18: 18
Perc [43 % (+10% Dimensional Anomalies/Rifts/Dimensional Travel | +5% Regarding Vampires/Undead)]: 1d100 = 41: 41

Prowl [53%]: 1d100 = 22: 22
Detect Ambush [63%]: 1d100 = 23: 23
Land Navigation [68%]: 1d100 = 15: 15

This is too easy; either they didn't expect to be followed this far or they are prepared if they are followed this far. Almost like a lure. Perhaps once we cleanse this small dimension of these raiders, we can return and make our own use of it. Kianra thinks to herself as they follow the path. When she spots the blood coating one of the fern leaves, she'll trigger her radio and wave over Rana. "Silver, got some blood on this leaf, possibly from our thieves. Worth checking out?" She suggests, knowing Rana has a keen sense for blood and tracking using it.

As she looks at the blood, the swears something moved far off in the distances barely within her peripheral vision, though when she shifts her head, its gone. Are we being stalked? She ponders silently before queueing the radio again. "I think I saw something moving over there," she begins, pointing in the direction she thinks she saw the movement. "Could be something stalking us."
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Kianra, the Atlantean Tattooed Voyager

Constant Conditions: Sense Ley Line within 25 miles | Sense Nexus within 30 miles | Sense Open/Active Rifts within 100 miles | Sense Dimensional Disturbances within 40 miles | H.F.: 12 | Impervious to Shape Changing | Sense Presence of Vampires/Intelligences within 1,000ft
M.D.C.: 245/245 | P.P.E.: 273/273 | I.S.P.: 13/13
Armor, Enhanced Mage Armor: Head: 50/50 | Main Body: 90 | Arm (L): 25 | Arm (R): 25 | Leg (L): 45 | Leg (R): 45


[ooc=Saving Throw Bonuses]Coma/Death: +24%
Magic (varies): +7
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +8
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +6[/ooc]
User avatar
Érebos
Group Leader
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Érebos »

Perception: 1d100 = 50: 50/62%
See perception modifiers here
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (>300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level.
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.
JIC (100): 1d100 = 78: 78
JIC (20): 1d20 = 9: 9

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds): Shadow Mask: 70:00; Shadow Skin: 75:00; Whispered Voice (Communication): 75:00; Fly as the Eagle: 75:00

Unless otherwise stated, Érebos speaks in Dragonese during dialogue and thinks in Ancient Greek.

"Irish, any change on the bogeys you observed earlier on radar?" repeats the Sunaj into the team radio.

Did he not hear me the first time? he wonders, and decides that if Irish doesn't respond this time, he'll check to see if one of their radios isn't working.

The Apothecary wrote:Pocket Dimension
Time: 0420 (looks like mid-day)
Temp: 95f; 90% humidity.


The oppressive humidity and weather seem to be the hallmark of this pocket dimension. As if whoever made the dimension enjoys this kind of weather. Everyone takes to hovering just above the ground as they proceed. The group makes good time as the tracks are fairly easy to identify. Kiannra and Skulls both are slightly concerned about how easy the tracks are to follow. It’s almost as if this traill was made on purpose. Or the trail could be the only one available. The local fauna does not look very inviting. As they have moved some ways down the path the tracks pass by several large flower plants. The fauna has become a mix of ferns and these large flowers. For those not in EBA, the air has slowly become thick with the sweet fragrance of the flowers.
Ugh... hot and bright... not my idea of paradise, though it certainly seems supportive of life... thinks the Shadow Mage as he floats off the ground, following the others. If not for his Shadow Skin, he'd be much more uncomfortable, but the Shadow Skin cools him and blunts the painful impact of the sunlight.
The Apothecary wrote:Kiannra, Erbos, and ColdCenter all notice what appears to be blood coating one of the fern’s leaves. Begging the question of who or what’s blood could have coated the leaves. The sounds of the birds have grown faint. The heavy sweat air has an eerie stillness to it. The three swear something moved at the edge of their sight. Trick of the light? Or is something stalking the group?
Kianra'Dea wrote:When she spots the blood coating one of the fern leaves, she'll trigger her radio and wave over Rana. "Silver, got some blood on this leaf, possibly from our thieves. Worth checking out?" She suggests, knowing Rana has a keen sense for blood and tracking using it.
The Sunaj turns toward a shadowy area (creating one with his cloak, if needed) and whispers: (using Whispered Voice):"Meathook, Shroud here. Are you able to track by scent like Silver can?" and immediately after: "Silver, Shroud here. What do you make of this? It’s suspiciously quiet and I don’t like it... feels like something is off..."[/color]
Kianra wrote:"I think I saw something moving over there," she begins, pointing in the direction she thinks she saw the movement. "Could be something stalking us."
Érebos nods at his Atlantean friend. "I noticed that too... " he says thoughtfully while looking around. He will raise his scoped rifle and turn on the thermal imaging while making a quick sweep of the area, looking for anything that might stand out. At this temperature, a normal human body might not even stand out... he thinks while sweeping the vicinity. "Anyone picking anything up on tech sensors?" he asks.

Skill Rolls:
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 124/124
Hit Points: 45/45
P.P.E.: 232/232

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.

Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
User avatar
Irish
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 4:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Irish »

Perception: 1d100 = 53: 53/31%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 12: 12; 1d100 = 39: 39
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Radar, Shadow Skin (30/30 M.D.C.; +10% to Prowl, keeps the wearer cool and comfortable up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65.5C), prevents leaving behind any forensic evidence.; Duration: 75 minutes), Whispered Voice (Range: 900'; Duration: 75 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Spd: 50 mph; + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack while flying.; Duration: 75 minutes).

Read Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 79: 79/60% Fail (To watch the radar.)
Prowl 1d100 = 15: 15/45% Pass (To not be an obvious target.)
Érebos wrote:"Irish, any change on the bogeys you observed earlier on radar?" repeats the Sunaj into the team radio.
Irish shakes his head. You think he's realize I would maybe say something if they were heading towards us. Sighing Irish keys his radio up. "Nope, they're just flying in a direction that isn't anywhere near us. I'll let you know if they change course." The snarky Irish assassin says before perking up at the sound of found blood. Maybe something interesting will happen. Irish thinks to himself as he leaves it to the professional trackers. Irish stays somewhere near the middle of the pack, so as to not be picked off from either the front or the back.
Érebos wrote:"Anyone picking anything up on tech sensors?" he asks.
"Nope nothing but trees and something flying twenty or so miles away." Irish replies.
"When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing. When the killing stops in one place, it starts in another, but that's okay... 'cause you're killing for your country. But it ain't your country who asks you, it's a few men up top who want it." ~ John Rambo
[hr][/hr]
Jack "Irish" MacCalister
P.P.E.: 6
I.S.P.: 22
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35
[hr][/hr]
Conditions: Sixth Sense.
[hr][/hr]
Current Loadout
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception [41%]: 1d100 = 77: 77
Just in Case(20): 1d20 = 16: 16
Just in Case(100): 1d100 = 10: 10

Conditions: Shadow Skin (30/30 M.D.C.; +10% to Prowl, keeps the wearer cool and comfortable up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65.5C), prevents leaving behind any forensic evidence.; Duration: 75 minutes), Whispered Voice (Range: 900'; Duration: 75 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Spd: 50 mph; + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack while flying.; Duration: 75 minutes).

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.

The Apothecary wrote:Pocket Dimension
Time: 0420 (looks like mid-day)
Temp: 95f; 90% humidity.


The oppressive humidity and weather seem to be the hallmark of this pocket dimension. As if whoever made the dimension enjoys this kind of weather. Everyone takes to hovering just above the ground as they proceed. The group makes good time as the tracks are fairly easy to identify. Kiannra and Skulls both are slightly concerned about how easy the tracks are to follow. It’s almost as if this trail was made on purpose. Or the trail could be the only one available. The local fauna does not look very inviting. As they have moved some ways down the path the tracks pass by several large flower plants. The fauna has become a mix of ferns and these large flowers. For those not in EBA, the air has slowly become thick with the sweet fragrance of the flowers.
Skulls tried to squeeze answers from the footprints below him. The track held a steady pace, unwavering and deliberate. After about ten minutes of floating the troll dramatically accelerates for a short burst, before pausing and hovering to an upright position. He opens the visor of his helmet and can almost feel the sticky heat. Taking his first unfiltered breath of this dimension, Skulls is instantly impressed by the cooling shadow that envelops him. With his left hand, the troll deftly fishes out a cigarette, as soon as it is lit, he resumes tracking. They walked with authority ? Perhaps . They knew where they were going ? No , this is something else . A trap maybe ? He ponders this while he flies.
Shroud wrote: "Meathook, Shroud here. Are you able to track by scent like Silver can?"
After hovering himself into a shady clump of ferns, Skulls whispers back: "Shroud, trolls sadly do not possess this trait. We favor ambush, in target rich environments." Noticing that the others have stopped, Skulls will join them. Once there, he will hover near the blood coated fern. Unsure of the what possible dangers that dwell in this dimension, Skulls will suspiciously look at the habitat in general. The quiet in the air alarms the troll .


Contingency: If anything moves within his striking distance that is not a hellblazer or shadow wraith, Skulls will jab it with his spear. No questions asked. Spear: 1d20+4 = 20: 16

Skill rolls :
Identify Plants & Fruit 55%: 1d100 = 19: 19 ( Anything he might notice about the flowers or ferns, or their similarities to earth plants.)
Wilderness Survival 65%: 1d100 = 99: 99 ( Observing the habitat around him and why it is quiet.)
Detect Ambush 50%: 1d100 = 93: 93 ( Suspicion. )
Track Animals 55%: 1d100 = 99: 99 ( Looking for animal tracks associated with the blood, if any. )
Tracking: People 45%: 1d100 = 17: 17 ( Looking for humanish tracks associated with the blood, if any. )

Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
User avatar
Rana
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100 = 65: 65

JIC: 1d20 = 13: 13
1d100 = 93: 93

Conditions: Shadow skin (+10% bonus to Prowl); Whispered Voice; Fly as the Eagle (Speed: 50 mph. Bonuses: + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack.)
Kianra wrote:"Silver, got some blood on this leaf, possibly from our thieves. Worth checking out?"
Erebos wrote:"Silver, Shroud here. What do you make of this? It’s suspiciously quiet and I don’t like it... feels like something is off..."
Rana looks over at the blood. Finding blood on a leaf, while tracking, is usually seen as a gift when on a hunt. The prey is injured, and may fall soon. We did not injure this prey, though. We must be wary. "Could be from a fight... could be from the plant. It's most recent meal." She reaches out with her sword to dab the blood, prepared to jump back if the plant attacks.

If the plant doesn't attack, Rana inhales the blood scent deeply.

Track blood/death scent 66% 1d100 = 11: 11 (are the tracks we're following leading the same direction as the blood scent? SUCCESS)
Track blood/death scent 66% 1d100 = 89: 89 (Follow Trail - FAIL)
Track blood/death scent 66% 1d100 = 15: 15 (Follow Trail - SUCCESS)

She also activates her ability Object Read the blood (-6 ISP).
Impressions 56% 1d100 = 36: 36 (SUCCESS)
Images 48% 1d100 = 40: 40 (SUCCESS)

Her examination of the blood complete, she re-engages the trail they're on.

Land Navigation 44% 1d100 = 28: 28 (Pick a trail to our destination - SUCCESS)
Detect Ambush 38% 1d100 = 53: 53 (Avoid traps & ambushes - FAIL)
Tracking: People 33% 1d100 = 21: 21 (Follow tracks - SUCCESS)
Tracking: People 33% 1d100 = 95: 95 (CRIT FAIL)
Tracking: People 33% 1d100 = 92: 92 (FAIL)

If the plant lunges for her, she will do an aerial somersault to dodge out of the way.

Back Flip 73% 1d100 = 33: 33 (SUCCESS)

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 13: 11
APM 6

Actions 1-6: Dodge as needed 1) 1d20+10 = 19: 9; 2) 1d20+10 = 17: 7; 3) 1d20+10 = 22: 12; 4) 1d20+10 = 21: 11; 5) 1d20+10 = 18: 8; 6) 1d20+10 = 24: 14
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 39/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Dodsrike
Game Master
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Dodsrike »

Unknown Dimension
Tuesday June 13, 0500

After Rana investigates the blood on the plants, everyone gets moving again. As you travel, the heat just seems to get worse, although the humidity feels like it stays the same. You notice the shadows coming off the trees to the south are casting longer shadows now, and it looks as if the sun has moved from directly overhead to the south some. Flying along, slow enough for Skulls and Rana to follow the tracks, you would estimate you have travelled about 15 miles along the slightly winding trail. The sounds of massive creatures come and go, and at one point, you would swear some of the massive trees were shaking in response to the footfalls of something deeper into the jungle.

Looking ahead, you can see where there are a couple of trails that break off from the trail you have been following. The smaller one heads off in a northern direction, while the other heads off to the southwest. And the trail you have been on carries on in a generally southeastern direction. At the same time, those of you not in environmental armor notice a sweet smell to the air that replaces the general stink of the jungle you have been in so far.
OOC Comments
Everyone but Irish and Skulls make 2 saves vs non-lethal poison
What are you doing?
Image
User avatar
Érebos
Group Leader
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Érebos »

Perception: 1d100 = 10: 10/62%[/color]
See perception modifiers here
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (>300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level.
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.
JIC (100): 1d100 = 42: 42
JIC (20): 1d20 = 12: 12

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds): Shadow Mask: 30:00; Shadow Skin: 35:00; Whispered Voice (Communication): 35:00; Fly as the Eagle: 35:00

Unless otherwise stated, Érebos speaks in Dragonese during dialogue and thinks in Ancient Greek.

Irish wrote:"Nope, they're just flying in a direction that isn't anywhere near us. I'll let you know if they change course."
Érebos wrote:"Anyone picking anything up on tech sensors?" he asks.
"Nope nothing but trees and something flying twenty or so miles away." Irish replies.
"Roger that. Stay frosty," he replies over the radio.

He seems to be on the ball... a good start.

Lord of skulls wrote:
Shroud wrote: "Meathook, Shroud here. Are you able to track by scent like Silver can?"
After hovering himself into a shady clump of ferns, Skulls whispers back: "Shroud, trolls sadly do not possess this trait. We favor ambush, in target rich environments." Noticing that the others have stopped, Skulls will join them. Once there, he will hover near the blood coated fern.
"Meathook, good to know. Something isn't right here... be ready... I have a bad feeling about this..." he whispers back to Skulls.

Dodsrike wrote:Unknown Dimension
Tuesday June 13, 0500

After Rana investigates the blood on the plants, everyone gets moving again. As you travel, the heat just seems to get worse, although the humidity feels like it stays the same. You notice the shadows coming off the trees to the south are casting longer shadows now, and it looks as if the sun has moved from directly overhead to the south some. Flying along, slow enough for Skulls and Rana to follow the tracks, you would estimate you have travelled about 15 miles along the slightly winding trail. The sounds of massive creatures come and go, and at one point, you would swear some of the massive trees were shaking in response to the footfalls of something deeper into the jungle.

Looking ahead, you can see where there are a couple of trails that break off from the trail you have been following. The smaller one heads off in a northern direction, while the other heads off to the southwest. And the trail you have been on carries on in a generally southeastern direction. At the same time, those of you not in environmental armor notice a sweet smell to the air that replaces the general stink of the jungle you have been in so far.
OOC Comments
Everyone but Irish and Skulls make 2 saves vs non-lethal poison
What are you doing?
Grateful for the Shadow Skin covering him and keeping him cool in the oppressive heat, the Shadow Mage moves with the group, his mind uneasy from the feeling he's being watched. Already prone to paranoia, Érebos is on high alert as he observes everything around him and his nerves are on edge.

Something isn't right about this... I can't quite put my finger on it, though... he thinks to himself.

Then, a sweet scent fills the air. What's that smell? he thinks as he inhales the odor.

Requested Saves v. NonLethal Poison
1d20+6 = 16: 10
1d20+6 = 13: 7

The paranoid Sunaj's nervous system is hyped up as he squints and looks around. As he looks up, he notices the sun looks to be settling further down in the sky. Good... hopefully night will fall soon, and we'll be at our strongest... he thinks.
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 124/124
Hit Points: 45/45
P.P.E.: 232/232

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.

Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
User avatar
Kianra'Dea
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 11:30 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Kianra'Dea »

JiC: 1d100 = 21: 21 / 1d20 = 13: 13
Perc [43 % (+10% Dimensional Anomalies/Rifts/Dimensional Travel | +5% Regarding Vampires/Undead)]: 1d100 = 41: 41

She feels the skin crawl on her back, though that may just be from the sweat of the heat, as she gets the increasing feeling that she is being watched. I'm not a fan of being watched, and can become violent when I am. She thinks plainly, as though letting anything know that may be scouring her thoughts they earn her ire as she scrunches her nose to the smell of the forest.

"I'm confident something is watching us, but I can't put my finger on what it could be." She says over the comms as she flies along, and suddenly, a rather pleasant smell enters her nostrils replacing the general funk of the forest.

Hrm, what is that smell. She muses, gazing around, looking for the source of the aroma and anything else that may catch her eye.

Skills
Detect Ambush [63%]: 1d100 = 25: 25 (Avoid falling into a trap.)

Save vs Non-Lethal Poison:
  • [16+] 1d20+6 = 22: 16
    [16+] 1d20+6 = 16: 10
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Kianra, the Atlantean Tattooed Voyager

Constant Conditions: Sense Ley Line within 25 miles | Sense Nexus within 30 miles | Sense Open/Active Rifts within 100 miles | Sense Dimensional Disturbances within 40 miles | H.F.: 12 | Impervious to Shape Changing | Sense Presence of Vampires/Intelligences within 1,000ft
M.D.C.: 245/245 | P.P.E.: 273/273 | I.S.P.: 13/13
Armor, Enhanced Mage Armor: Head: 50/50 | Main Body: 90 | Arm (L): 25 | Arm (R): 25 | Leg (L): 45 | Leg (R): 45


[ooc=Saving Throw Bonuses]Coma/Death: +24%
Magic (varies): +7
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +8
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +6[/ooc]
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception [41%]: 1d100 = 77: 77
Just in Case(20): 1d20 = 9: 9
Just in Case(100): 1d100 = 32: 32

Conditions: Shadow Skin (30/30 M.D.C.; +10% to Prowl, keeps the wearer cool and comfortable up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65.5C), prevents leaving behind any forensic evidence.; Duration: 35 minutes), Whispered Voice (Range: 900'; Duration: 35 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Spd: 50 mph; + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack while flying.; Duration: 35 minutes).

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.

[hr][/hr]
Shroud wrote: "Meathook, good to know. Something isn't right here... be ready... I have a bad feeling about this..." 
Shroud's words resonate with the troll. I need to come up to speed on this jungle, my teams survival depends on it. If we are being hunted, I must understand how.

After inspecting the bloody fern and its surroundings, he taps his comm and addresses the group: " I have encountered similar plants." He points his spear first at the blood-coated fern, and then at one of the large flowers. "On our dimension, both plants are man-eaters and extremely dangerous. Nasty, poisonous vegetation." Realizing he may have left out some key details, Skulls adds: "The scent of the flowers is a toxin. The blood on the fern, is likely also a toxin. Our prey avoided them."

[hr][/hr]
Dodsrike wrote:Unknown Dimension
Tuesday June 13, 0500

After Rana investigates the blood on the plants, everyone gets moving again. As you travel, the heat just seems to get worse, although the humidity feels like it stays the same. You notice the shadows coming off the trees to the south are casting longer shadows now, and it looks as if the sun has moved from directly overhead to the south some. Flying along, slow enough for Skulls and Rana to follow the tracks, you would estimate you have travelled about 15 miles along the slightly winding trail. The sounds of massive creatures come and go, and at one point, you would swear some of the massive trees were shaking in response to the footfalls of something deeper into the jungle.

Looking ahead, you can see where there are a couple of trails that break off from the trail you have been following. The smaller one heads off in a northern direction, while the other heads off to the southwest. And the trail you have been on carries on in a generally southeastern direction. At the same time, those of you not in environmental armor notice a sweet smell to the air that replaces the general stink of the jungle you have been in so far.

Skulls pays closer attention to the jungle as he hovers. Potential sarcosuchus, and the deadly vegetation have him on edge. However, that edge pleases him. The probability of Skulls spearing something viciously has gone up. When he reaches the crossroads, the bulky troll will attempt to orient himself with the sun. Broadcasting over comm: "I believe the tracks we want, divert from our current path up ahead." He will wait for a response before continuing. Hovering upright, with his spear ready, Skulls will look the area over while he waits. He enjoys the cool filtered air inside his armor, and is completely unaware of the sweet pervasive fragrance.

[hr][/hr

Skill rolls
Identify Plants & Fruit 55%: 1d100 = 66: 66 ( Looking out for quints and seep ferns. )

Detect Ambush 50%: 1d100 = 25: 25 ( Scanning the path ahead of them for a trap. )

Land Navigation 64% : 1d100 = 92: 92 ( Orienting, based on the sun and his previous bearings.)

Radio: Basic 65% : 1d100 = 34: 34 ( Effective use of the radio. )

[hr][/hr]

Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
1d100 = 99: 99
1d100 = 62: 62
1d100 = 45: 45
1d100 = 25: 25
Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
User avatar
Rana
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Rana »

Perception: 39%/49% in darkness 1d100 = 82: 82

JIC: 1d20 = 19: 19
1d100 = 79: 79

Rana notices the steam coming off the ground and plants, noting that it would be uncomfortably hot for her if not for Erebos' spell. This is an ease I should not get used to.this might make the hunt difficult for me without the spell, but such would teach me to hone my senses. Still, I should be thankful for it.

As she focuses on the blood, she sneers, wrinkling up her nose. "Not blood. Resin. The plant uses it as a lure. Stay clear of these plants."
Skulls wrote:" I have encountered similar plants. On our dimension, both plants are man-eaters and extremely dangerous. Nasty, poisonous vegetation. The scent of the flowers is a toxin. The blood on the fern, is likely also a toxin. Our prey avoided them."
This one is a skilled hunter.

Kianra wrote:"I'm confident something is watching us, but I can't put my finger on what it could be."
Could it be these plants?
Skulls wrote:"I believe the tracks we want, divert from our current path up ahead."
Rana nods, pointing at the trail. "North."

Land Navigation 48% 1d100 = 21: 21 (SUCCESS)
Tracking: People 38% 1d100 = 67: 67 (FAIL)
Wilderness Survival 43% 1d100 = 34: 34 (SUCCESS)

Requested Saves v. NonLethal Poison - as noted in Chat, Rana does not breathe normally.
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 39/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Irish
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 4:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Irish »

Perception: 1d100 = 56: 56/31%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 20: 20; 1d100 = 7: 7
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Suit Sensors.

Read Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 92: 92/65% (Scanning around, because Irish isn't a fan of surprise visits.)

Irish is oblivious to the issues at hand, and is mostly just watching the radar out of the corner of his eye. Trees mucking up the signal, so it's gonna be real close if I see it. Irish thinks to himself as he floats along behind the others.
Kianra'Dea wrote:"I'm confident something is watching us, but I can't put my finger on what it could be."
Irish shrugs at the news. [Dragonese/Elven]"Unsurprising love, we're in a primeval forest in a messed up dimension. I would be more surprised if something wasn't watching us."[/b] The deranged Irishman says.

Irish listens to Skulls, and just nods along. Giant fauna, poisonous flora, this place is amazing if you want to hide. Irish thinks darkly.
"When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing. When the killing stops in one place, it starts in another, but that's okay... 'cause you're killing for your country. But it ain't your country who asks you, it's a few men up top who want it." ~ John Rambo
[hr][/hr]
Jack "Irish" MacCalister
P.P.E.: 6
I.S.P.: 22
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35
[hr][/hr]
Conditions: Sixth Sense.
[hr][/hr]
Current Loadout
User avatar
Dodsrike
Game Master
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Dodsrike »

Unknown Dimension
Tuesday, June 13, 0505


While the party looks at the paths, with Rana saying they went one way and Skulls saying they went a different way, a small change comes over the jungle. The animal noises, at least those close enough to you that let you know you aren't entirely alone in the jungle starts to get quieter. It takes two or three minutes, but the only sounds close to you that you can hear are the sounds of buzzing insects. The jungle doesn't look any different than it did a few moments ago, but between the sounds falling off, and the deepening shadows that has happened over the past few minutes, it gives the jungle an ominous, almost sinister feel to it.

After a minute or two of silence, a breeze from the north picks up, the rustling of plant leaves seeming almost deafening in the quiet that surrounds you. The breeze does feel rather cooling, although for those of you not in environmental armor, it also makes the sweet smell much more pungent and present.

[ooc]Erebos, Kianra, Rana, make a save vs non-lethal poison, and a save vs psionics[/ooc]

What are you doing?
Image
User avatar
Irish
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 4:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Irish »

Perception: 1d100 = 38: 38/31%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 3: 3; 1d100 = 17: 17
Conditions: Sixth Sense.

Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 64: 64/65% Pass (Just general scans.)

Irish looks at the warning as it pops up on his HUD. Not good at all. [Dragonese/Elven]"If you're fond of breathing, I'd stop. Air's gone toxic enough to trip my environmental sensors. So if you two are done arguing, find us a route out of here and away from whatever just made the animals stop." Irish says with a hint of urgency. Pick a direction, we can always back track. Irish thinks as he begins moving forward.
"When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing. When the killing stops in one place, it starts in another, but that's okay... 'cause you're killing for your country. But it ain't your country who asks you, it's a few men up top who want it." ~ John Rambo
[hr][/hr]
Jack "Irish" MacCalister
P.P.E.: 6
I.S.P.: 22
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35
[hr][/hr]
Conditions: Sixth Sense.
[hr][/hr]
Current Loadout
User avatar
ColdCenter
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat May 23, 2020 9:05 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by ColdCenter »

Perception: 1d100 = 21: 21/45%
JIC: 1d20 = 18: 18/ 1d100 = 94: 94


Coldcenter has keep quiet as the rear guard with nothing to report so far, but now with this deafening silence and the toxin in the air he is put on edge. "I'm with Irish. We need to move." This fly or floating spell is nice and all but if we don't get a move on we will be back in the mudd. He thinks as he sweeps from left to right with his back to the rest of the group.
4 out of the 5 voices in my head say go for it!
[hr][/hr]
ColdCenter
M.D.C.: 196/196
P.P.E.: 9
User avatar
Érebos
Group Leader
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Érebos »

Perception: 1d100 = 30: 30/62% [ooc=See perception modifiers here]+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (>300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level.
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.[/ooc]
JIC (100): 1d100 = 87: 87
JIC (20): 1d20 = 5: 5

Requested Saving Throws
Save vs non-lethal poison (includes -1 penalty) ---> 1d20+5 = 10: 5
Save vs. psionics ---> 1d20+5 = 13: 8 (additional +1 if Mind Control or illusion)

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds): Shadow Mask: 25:00; Shadow Skin: 30:00; Whispered Voice (Communication): 30:00; Fly as the Eagle: 30:00; Impervious to Poison: 25:00

Unless otherwise stated, Érebos speaks in Dragonese during dialogue and thinks in Ancient Greek.

[hr][/hr]
Dodsrike wrote:Unknown Dimension
Tuesday, June 13, 0505


While the party looks at the paths, with Rana saying they went one way and Skulls saying they went a different way, a small change comes over the jungle. The animal noises, at least those close enough to you that let you know you aren't entirely alone in the jungle starts to get quieter. It takes two or three minutes, but the only sounds close to you that you can hear are the sounds of buzzing insects. The jungle doesn't look any different than it did a few moments ago, but between the sounds falling off, and the deepening shadows that has happened over the past few minutes, it gives the jungle an ominous, almost sinister feel to it.

After a minute or two of silence, a breeze from the north picks up, the rustling of plant leaves seeming almost deafening in the quiet that surrounds you. The breeze does feel rather cooling, although for those of you not in environmental armor, it also makes the sweet smell much more pungent and present.

[ooc]Erebos, Kianra, Rana, make a save vs non-lethal poison, and a save vs psionics[/ooc]

What are you doing?
Irish wrote:Irish looks at the warning as it pops up on his HUD. Not good at all. [Dragonese/Elven]"If you're fond of breathing, I'd stop. Air's gone toxic enough to trip my environmental sensors. So if you two are done arguing, find us a route out of here and away from whatever just made the animals stop." Irish says with a hint of urgency. Pick a direction, we can always back track. Irish thinks as he begins moving forward.
So what's what this euphoric feeling is... thinks the Shadow Mage. Time to put a stop to this he thinks as he flies up toward the tree tops, being careful not to fly over the canopy itself, but out of the immediate vicinity of the gas (he will estimate it by strength of the smell). He will then cast Negate Poison/Toxin and then Impervious to Poison in rapid succession upon himself to ensure his mind is clear of future toxic effects and say, "Anyone else feeling euphoric or light headed, let me know - I have spells that will clear that shit right up. Silver, Meathook - pick a direction and let's get out of this area - something's about to go down here and I feel like we're going to be the focal point. Irish, keep those sensors going, you've got the best tech here. Trident - keep close to Viator, she's our ticket out of here if things go south."

He will whisper in a shadowy area: [ooc=To Kianra (Whispered Voice)]Viator, I know you're a big girl and can take care of yourself and I have the utmost confidence in you, both as a fellow Aerhiman and from prior experience. Asking Trident to keep you close is a precautionary measure that reinforces your value to us all.[/ooc]

Another whisper in the shadows: [ooc=To Shadow Wraith (Whispered Voice)]Shadow Wraith: keep to the shadows and protect me and my companions if we should be attacked. The accursed light should be gone soon; then - we hunt.[/ooc]

The Sunaj grips his rifle tightly, looking around for signs of danger or foes, and follows his crew.
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 124/124
Hit Points: 45/45
P.P.E.: 232/232

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.

Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception [41%]: 1d100 = 45: 45
Just in Case(20): 1d20 = 19: 19
Just in Case(100): 1d100 = 56: 56

Conditions: Shadow Skin (30/30 M.D.C.; +10% to Prowl, keeps the wearer cool and comfortable up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65.5C), prevents leaving behind any forensic evidence.; Duration: 30 minutes), Whispered Voice (Range: 900'; Duration: 30 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Spd: 50 mph; + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack while flying.; Duration: 30 minutes).

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.

[hr][/hr]
silver wrote:Rana nods, Pointing at the trail. "North."

When Rana points northward, Skulls realizes they see things differently. He turns to the ogress. “Silver, I believe our prey turned southeast.” The troll turns his gaze towards the northern path. Did I miss something? Rana is perceptive on levels that I am not.
[hr][/hr]
Dodsrike wrote:Unknown Dimension
Tuesday, June 13, 0505


While the party looks at the paths, with Rana saying they went one way and Skulls saying they went a different way, a small change comes over the jungle. The animal noises, at least those close enough to you that let you know you aren't entirely alone in the jungle starts to get quieter. It takes two or three minutes, but the only sounds close to you that you can hear are the sounds of buzzing insects. The jungle doesn't look any different than it did a few moments ago, but between the sounds falling off, and the deepening shadows that has happened over the past few minutes, it gives the jungle an ominous, almost sinister feel to it.

After a minute or two of silence, a breeze from the north picks up, the rustling of plant leaves seeming almost deafening in the quiet that surrounds you. The breeze does feel rather cooling, although for those of you not in environmental armor, it also makes the sweet smell much more pungent and present.
Skulls floats at canopy level for a better perspective of the northern path. The abrupt changes in the jungle around them, solidify his feeling that spearing time is at hand.
Irish wrote:"If you're fond of breathing, I'd stop. Air's gone toxic enough to trip my environmental sensors. So if you two are done arguing, find us a route out of here and away from whatever just made the animals stop."
We did not cause the animals to quiet. He is right, something else is here.

In the jungle ahead of him, the troll makes out a massive silhouette. Skulls keeps his gaze fixed on the shadow. “I am looking at the shadow of something extra large.100 feet out northward. It is big game.” His tone is almost hopeful. Then adding calmly. "I do not know if it has seen us yet." Skulls will float motionless and try not lose sight of the silhouette. He will wait until a direction is agreed upon. Skulls is eager to engage the creature should it attack.

[hr][/hr]

Skill rolls:
Lore: Demons & Monsters 55%: 1d100 = 59: 59 (If the creature Skulls has seen approaches, he will try to identify it.)

[hr][/hr]

Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
User avatar
Kianra'Dea
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 11:30 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Kianra'Dea »

JiC: 1d100 = 73: 73 / 1d20 = 12: 12
Perception [43%]: 1d100 = 38: 38

Kianra's eyes meet with the pair of eyes off in the distant. Feline in appearance and likely quite large to the north, perhaps akin to the lions or tigers of Earth. She ponders briefly.
Irish wrote:"If you're fond of breathing, I'd stop. Air's gone toxic enough to trip my environmental sensors. So if you two are done arguing, find us a route out of here and away from whatever just made the animals stop."
Kianra scowls and mentally triggers Heart within a Rift Tattoo, giving her the ability to survive without needing to breathe or eat for 96 hours. Should've started with that. What was I thinking. She scolds herself and ceases intaking air. Familiar with not needing to breath on missions where even the slightest vapor or sound could get you killed.
Skulls wrote:“I am looking at the shadow of something extra large.100 feet out northward. It is big game.”
Kianra nods and triggers her radio. "I think we're looking at the same thing. Large feline-like predator to the north. I met eyes, Seems to be around 125 ft out, maybe more. There could be more than one." She confirms Skull's report and adds. "Southward, and we can watch if we're being trailed now that we know its there." She adds.

Skills:
Lore, Dimensions [68%]: 1d100 = 39: 39 (Feline-type creatures she's encountered in other dimensions?)
Lore, D-Bees [68%]: 1d100 = 3: 3 (Feline-type creatures she's encountered in other dimensions?)
Lore, Monsters [68%]: 1d100 = 90: 90 (Feline-type Monsters that might fit the bill?)
Detect Ambush [63%]: 1d100 = 68: 68 (Watch for signs or points of an ambush, such as high/low ground or hidden perches they could be jumped at from.)

Save Rolls:
Save vs Non-Lethal Poison: 1d20+6 = 24: 18
Save vs Psionic: 1d20+5 = 15: 10
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Kianra, the Atlantean Tattooed Voyager

Constant Conditions: Sense Ley Line within 25 miles | Sense Nexus within 30 miles | Sense Open/Active Rifts within 100 miles | Sense Dimensional Disturbances within 40 miles | H.F.: 12 | Impervious to Shape Changing | Sense Presence of Vampires/Intelligences within 1,000ft
M.D.C.: 245/245 | P.P.E.: 273/273 | I.S.P.: 13/13
Armor, Enhanced Mage Armor: Head: 50/50 | Main Body: 90 | Arm (L): 25 | Arm (R): 25 | Leg (L): 45 | Leg (R): 45


[ooc=Saving Throw Bonuses]Coma/Death: +24%
Magic (varies): +7
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +8
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +6[/ooc]
User avatar
Rana
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Rana »

Perception: 39%/49% in darkness 1d100 = 17: 17

JIC: 1d20 = 6: 6
1d100 = 18: 18

Save vs. non-lethal poison 1d20+8 = 17: 9 (though note: "Impervious to gas attacks" per character OCC, if applicable)

Save vs. Psionics: 1d20+1 = 18: 17
Irish wrote:"If you're fond of breathing, I'd stop. Air's gone toxic enough to trip my environmental sensors. So if you two are done arguing, find us a route out of here and away from whatever just made the animals stop."
"I do not breathe, except to track blood." (Note, she has not done this for at least 5 minutes)

I shall remember not to track by scent again while we are here.
Skulls wrote:“Silver, I believe our prey turned southeast.”
Rana cocks her head at the northern trail, then goes to examine the southeastern trail.

It is possible... both are traveled paths...
Skulls wrote:“I am looking at the shadow of something extra large.100 feet out northward. It is big game.”
Rana nods. "Our quarry took the southeast path. The north path is likely a game trail. Proceed quietly and swiftly."

As they move, Rana will continue to use conventional tracking to try to follow the trail, internally chastising herself for making such a fool's error.

Tracking: People 38% 1d100 = 14: 14 (SUCCESS)
Land Navigation 48% 1d100 = 35: 35 (SUCCESS)
Wilderness Survival 43% 1d100 = 92: 92 (FAIL)
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 39/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Dodsrike
Game Master
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Dodsrike »

Unknown Dimension
Tuesday, June 13, 0506

The near silence of the jungle around you is deafening in its own way. As Erebos flies up a little higher, it almost seems as if the jungle is holding its breath. Skulls and Rana quickly converse and come to an agreement on which path to follow, while Skulls and Kianra notice something in the woods to the north. In two very different places. As the trackers come to a decision on which way to go, the silence is pierced by an extremely loud roar. One that is quickly answered by several others, all in close proximity to you.

Out of the jungle to the north, a pair of massive saber toothed lion like creatures, easily six feet tall, and around fifteen feet long spring out of the jungle. For all their size, they move almost silently through the jungle, like a house cat from someones demented nightmare. Another pair announces their presence to the south with roars, and you can see another pair coming from the west where you had already traveled.

What are you doing (surprise its combat)
Image
User avatar
Irish
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 4:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Irish »

Perception: 1d100 = 25: 25/31%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18: 18; 1d100 = 56: 56
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Radar, Shadow Skin (30/30 M.D.C.; +10% to Prowl, keeps the wearer cool and comfortable up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65.5C), prevents leaving behind any forensic evidence.; Duration: 29 minutes), Whispered Voice (Range: 900'; Duration: 75 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Spd: 50 mph; + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack while flying.; Duration: 29 minutes).

I.S.P. Expenditures: -2

Initiative: 1d20+9 = 27: 18
Number of Attacks: 5

Skills: Read Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 63: 63/65% Pass (Still keeping an eye on things)

Action One: Fly up, to the top of the canopy while drawing KEP-Special Energy Pump Pistol.
Action Two: Fire at Angry Cat 1 with KEP-Special Energy Pump Pistol. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 13: 10; Damage: 5d6 = 19: 4, 5, 3, 5, 2 M.D.)
Action Three: Fire at Angry Cat 1 with KEP-Special Energy Pump Pistol. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 20: 17; Damage: 5d6 = 18: 3, 2, 3, 6, 4 M.D.)
Action Four: Fire at Angry Cat 1 with KEP-Special Energy Pump Pistol. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 21: 18; Damage: 5d6 = 18: 6, 2, 2, 6, 2 M.D.)
Action Five: Fire at Angry Cat 1 with KEP-Special Energy Pump Pistol. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 19: 16; Damage: 5d6 = 13: 1, 5, 2, 3, 2 M.D.)

Parries as needed: 1d20+7 = 16: 9, 1d20+7 = 15: 8, 1d20+7 = 18: 11, 1d20+7 = 11: 4, 1d20+7 = 14: 7.
Dodges if Shadow Skin is destroyed: 1d20+9 = 22: 13, 1d20+9 = 12: 3, 1d20+9 = 12: 3, 1d20+9 = 20: 11, 1d20+9 = 13: 4.
Roll w/ Punch, Fall, or Impact: 1d20+3 = 22: 19, 1d20+3 = 10: 7, 1d20+3 = 9: 6, 1d20+3 = 7: 4, 1d20+3 = 4: 1.

Oh Shite! Irish thinks as he takes a hard turn up into the higher canopy, while drawing his pistol. Ugh, fighting in a primordial forest with a peashooter. Irish thinks as he begins taking pot shots at one of the cats from what he believes is the relative safety of up. [Dragonese/Elven]"Damn angry cats, go find a mouse elsewhere!" Irish yells at the animals below. [Dragonese/Elven]"Oh and we've gotten ourselves noticed by some big wee-beastie that flies... five minutes or so before he shows up for the party."
"When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing. When the killing stops in one place, it starts in another, but that's okay... 'cause you're killing for your country. But it ain't your country who asks you, it's a few men up top who want it." ~ John Rambo
[hr][/hr]
Jack "Irish" MacCalister
P.P.E.: 6
I.S.P.: 22
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35
[hr][/hr]
Conditions: Sixth Sense.
[hr][/hr]
Current Loadout
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception [41%] : 1d100 = 87: 87
Just in Case (20) : 1d20 = 16: 16
Just in Case (100) : 1d100 = 53: 53

Conditions: Shadow Skin (30/30 M.D.C.; +10% to Prowl, keeps the wearer cool and comfortable up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65.5C), prevents leaving behind any forensic evidence.; Duration: 29 minutes), Whispered Voice (Range: 900'; Duration: 29 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Spd: 50 mph; + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack while flying.; Duration: 29 minutes).

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.

[hr][/hr]
Dodsrike wrote:Unknown Dimension
Tuesday, June 13, 0506

The near silence of the jungle around you is deafening in its own way. As Erebos flies up a little higher, it almost seems as if the jungle is holding its breath. Skulls and Rana quickly converse and come to an agreement on which path to follow, while Skulls and Kianra notice something in the woods to the north. In two very different places. As the trackers come to a decision on which way to go, the silence is pierced by an extremely loud roar. One that is quickly answered by several others, all in close proximity to you.

Out of the jungle to the north, a pair of massive saber toothed lion like creatures, easily six feet tall, and around fifteen feet long spring out of the jungle. For all their size, they move almost silently through the jungle, like a house cat from someones demented nightmare. Another pair announces their presence to the south with roars, and you can see another pair coming from the west where you had already traveled.

What are you doing (surprise its combat)
[hr][/hr]

Skulls has been waiting for the attack. The troll is more than willing to face this jungle and its challenges head on. Time to instill : the fear of troll. Skulls flies directly at the nearest cat-beast approaching him from the north. Skulls loudly growls as he engages his adversary. Skulls savagely attempts to poke holes in his chosen target, so that he may determine its blood color.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 22: 20
Number of Attacks: 7

Action One : Firmly grips his vibro-spear with both hands and lights it up.
Action Two : Flies to meet the closest cat-beast approaching him from the north.
Action Three : If in range, Skulls will jab the cat-beast with his vibro-spear. ( Strike 1d20+4 = 21: 17 ; Damage 5d6 = 14: 3, 1, 6, 3, 1 MD )
Action Four : Poke ( Strike 1d20+4 = 20: 16; Damage 5d6 = 12: 3, 3, 2, 1, 3 MD )
Action Five : Poke ( Strike 1d20+4 = 12: 8 ; Damage 5d6 = 16: 3, 2, 1, 5, 5 MD )
Action Six : Poke ( Strike 1d20+4 = 15: 11 ; Damage 5d6 = 19: 4, 6, 6, 2, 1 MD )
Action Seven : Drives his spear at the cat-beast a fifth time for good measure. ( Strike 1d20+4 = 8: 4 ; Damage 5d6 = 18: 4, 2, 5, 2, 5 MD )

Parries all cat attacks with his vibro-spear: 1d20+9 = 13: 4 1d20+9 = 16: 7 1d20+9 = 27: 18 1d20+9 = 10: 1 1d20+9 = 23: 14 1d20+9 = 22: 13 1d20+9 = 24: 15

[hr][/hr]
Skill rolls :
Wilderness Survival 65% : 1d100 = 44: 44 ( Skulls will be judging the behavior of the attacking beasts. Are they hunting for food ? Does the behavior seem territorial ? )

[hr][/hr]

Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
User avatar
Kianra'Dea
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 11:30 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Kianra'Dea »

JiC: 1d100 = 7: 7 / 1d20 = 20: 20
Perception [43%]: 1d100 = 67: 67

Conditions: Shadow Skin (30/30 M.D.C.; +10% to Prowl, keeps the wearer cool and comfortable up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65.5C), prevents leaving behind any forensic evidence.; Duration: 29 minutes), Whispered Voice (Range: 900'; Duration: 29 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Spd: 50 mph; + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack while flying.; Duration: 29 minutes).

Combat
APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 16: 14

A1: Fly up, draw pistol and radio.
A2: Fire laser pistol as a deterrent at closest angry cat. Strike: 1d20+5 = 23: 18 | DMG: 2d6 = 8: 5, 3 M.D
A3: Fire laser pistol as a deterrent at closest angry cat. Strike: 1d20+5 = 12: 7 | DMG: 2d6 = 8: 2, 6 M.D
A4-5: Reserved for Dodges

Dodges: 1d20+5 = 24: 19 | 1d20+5 = 16: 11

Post

What are their names. I've run into these animals before, they are just hunting not actually out to kill us. We needn't kill them. Kianra thinks to herself, queuing her radio. "I've encountered these types before; they just want fresh meat. If we can lead them to such, or trick them with such, we don't need to kill them. If we can do so without killing them, they will leave us be. Maybe take out the flyer and let this pack have the corpse." She advises but will ultimately kill them for the group's survival if need be. Kianra darts up to avoid the cats.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Kianra, the Atlantean Tattooed Voyager

Constant Conditions: Sense Ley Line within 25 miles | Sense Nexus within 30 miles | Sense Open/Active Rifts within 100 miles | Sense Dimensional Disturbances within 40 miles | H.F.: 12 | Impervious to Shape Changing | Sense Presence of Vampires/Intelligences within 1,000ft
M.D.C.: 245/245 | P.P.E.: 273/273 | I.S.P.: 13/13
Armor, Enhanced Mage Armor: Head: 50/50 | Main Body: 90 | Arm (L): 25 | Arm (R): 25 | Leg (L): 45 | Leg (R): 45


[ooc=Saving Throw Bonuses]Coma/Death: +24%
Magic (varies): +7
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +8
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +6[/ooc]
User avatar
Rana
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100 = 4: 4 (CRIT. SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 16: 16
1d100 = 60: 60

Conditions: Shadow skin (+10% bonus to Prowl); Whispered Voice; Fly as the Eagle (Speed: 50 mph. Bonuses: + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack.)

When Rana senses that they are nearly surrounded by big cats, her hackles raise. She unclips her vibroclaws from her harness and straps them on.

A solitary cat, you can scare. A group of them? Not as easy.
Kianra wrote:"I've encountered these types before; they just want fresh meat."
Rana fairly growls her response. "I want fresh meat too."

Once they attack, she roars at them.

"YAAAAAHHHHH!!!"

Intimidate: 40% 1d100 = 62: 62 (FAIL)

Then, as they get in melee range she will use her enhanced mobility from flying to "stick and move".

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 13: 11

APM: 7

Action 1: Slash with Vibro-Claws 1d20+6 = 17: 11; Damage 3d6 = 13: 6, 3, 4 MD
Action 2: Slash with Vibro-Claws 1d20+6 = 8: 2; Damage 3d6 = 11: 6, 3, 2 MD
Action 3: Slash with Vibro-Claws 1d20+6 = 10: 4; Damage 3d6 = 14: 5, 4, 5 MD
Action 4: Slash with Vibro-Claws 1d20+6 = 22: 16; Damage 3d6 = 10: 2, 5, 3 MD
Action 5: Slash with Vibro-Claws 1d20+6 = 8: 2; Damage 3d6 = 14: 4, 5, 5 MD
Action 6: Slash with Vibro-Claws 1d20+6 = 12: 6; Damage 3d6 = 12: 3, 6, 3 MD
Action 7: Slash with Vibro-Claws 1d20+6 = 8: 2; Damage 3d6 = 11: 6, 1, 4 MD

Parries if needed: 1) 1d20+11 = 26: 15; 2) 1d20+11 = 24: 13; 3) 1d20+11 = 20: 9; 4) 1d20+11 = 29: 18; 5) 1d20+11 = 24: 13; 6) 1d20+11 = 18: 7; 7) 1d20+11 = 29: 18

Rana will dodge if pounced upon by more than one animal, sacrificing an action if necessary: 1) 1d20+10 = 24: 14; 2) 1d20+10 = 18: 8; 3) 1d20+10 = 16: 6; 4) 1d20+10 = 22: 12; 5) 1d20+10 = 12: 2; 6) 1d20+10 = 28: 18; 7) 1d20+10 = 13: 3

[ooc]Rana takes 1/2 damage from normal MDC attacks, except those of silver or bone weapons. I realize this may apply to claws and fangs.[/ooc]
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 39/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Érebos
Group Leader
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Érebos »

Perception: 1d100 = 42: 42 (add 10% penalty) 52 (in shadow)/ 62 (above treeline/in sunlight)/62% [ooc=See perception modifiers here]+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (>300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level.
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.[/ooc]
JIC (100): 1d100 = 56: 56
JIC (20): 1d20 = 7: 7

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds): Shadow Mask: 25:00; Shadow Skin: 30:00; Whispered Voice (Communication): 30:00; Fly as the Eagle: 30:00; Impervious to Poison: 25:00

Euphoric and woozy from whatever-it-is affecting him (-2 to all rolls, -10% to skills)

Unless otherwise stated, Érebos speaks in Dragonese during dialogue and thinks in Ancient Greek.

Combat post (rolls include penalty above):

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 17: 16 (-2 if directly in sunlight or bright light; GM discretion)
Actions: 6

Action 1: radio to group, begin aimed shot at south feline target 1
Action 2: finish aimed shot at south feline target 1 (+2 WP E-Rifle +2 aimed shot +2 scope +2 WP Sniper -2 penalty) ---> 1d20+6 = 13: 7 to strike; if hit the target will be paralyzed from head to toe, unless he makes a successful save vs psionics, for 1D4 minutes
Action 3: radio to group, begin aimed shot at south feline target 2
Action 4: finish aimed shot at south feline target 2 (as above) ---> 1d20+6 = 25: 19 to strike, if hit the target will be paralyzed from head to toe, unless he makes a successful save vs psionics, for 1D4 minutes
Action 5: try to coordinate group tactics over radio, ask Viator to cover and fly up a few feet (sticking head over treeline)
Action 6: look around through scope , duck back down

Parries, if needed:
Parry 1 1d20+9 = 23: 14 (includes -2 penalty)
Parry 2 1d20+9 = 12: 3 (includes -2 penalty)
Parry 3 1d20+9 = 12: 3 (includes -2 penalty)
Parry 4 1d20+9 = 20: 11 (includes -2 penalty)
Parry 5 1d20+9 = 20: 11 (includes -2 penalty)
Parry 6 1d20+9 = 18: 9 (includes -2 penalty)

[hr][/hr]

Feeling strange and seeing colors begin to run together, the Shadow Mage struggles to hold it together. Something is going on here, and my spells don't seem to affect it... he thinks, puzzled by the combination of Irish's mentioning toxins in the air and his spells' seeming inability to do precisely what they were designed to do - negate said toxins and inoculate the spell's recipient from further effects.

If that weren't confusing enough, he feels a strange urge to explore the north path, as if he's being nudged to go that direction.

But first, a series of roars jars him - they are under attack.
Dodsrike wrote:Unknown Dimension
Tuesday, June 13, 0506

The near silence of the jungle around you is deafening in its own way. As Erebos flies up a little higher, it almost seems as if the jungle is holding its breath. Skulls and Rana quickly converse and come to an agreement on which path to follow, while Skulls and Kianra notice something in the woods to the north. In two very different places. As the trackers come to a decision on which way to go, the silence is pierced by an extremely loud roar. One that is quickly answered by several others, all in close proximity to you.

Out of the jungle to the north, a pair of massive saber toothed lion like creatures, easily six feet tall, and around fifteen feet long spring out of the jungle. For all their size, they move almost silently through the jungle, like a house cat from someones demented nightmare. Another pair announces their presence to the south with roars, and you can see another pair coming from the west where you had already traveled.

What are you doing (surprise its combat)
Érebos isn't sure what's going on. The Shadow Mage is aware that he's being affected by something - something similar to what he was exposed to during his training to weaken his will - but he's not sure where it's coming from. This makes the Sunaj very uneasy - not that he's really ever very easygoing in the first place.

"Something is affecting my mind... urging me to go north... " he says into the group frequency as he whirls, carefully aims (2APM for "aimed shot"), and opens fire at one of the beasts to the south.

Or somethingS... he thinks.

"And it's affecting my senses as well.. making colors run together and hazy, like some hallucinogenic drug," he also says on the group radio as he targets the other one carefully and shoots (another 2APM "aimed shot").

"Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be affected by magic that stops toxins or poisons, either. Meathook & Silver, you're on north already - Viator with me on south - Irish and Trident, take west," he says on the group frequency, then whispers into the shadowy areas around around himself:

[ooc=Whispered Voice (Communication) to Kianra]"Viator, Shroud here - I'm taking a quick peek over the treeline to see if there's anything visible - cover me please"[/ooc]

The Shadow Mage then flies up a few feet, just enough to see over the treeline, scans the area through his rifle scope (Wilk's Integrated Optics Gun-Sight), and dips back down again to where he was.

[hr][/hr]

**Contingency**

If any of the cat-things approach within 30 feet of Shroud, he will cast Repel Animals and ask the other Hellblazers to hold their fire if the cat-thing retreats: "Hellblazers, defend yourselves, but if they retreat, let them go," he says to the team via radio.

[ooc=Repel Animals]Range: 30 feet
Duration: Immediate.
Saving Throw: Standard for animals.
P.P.E.: Seven
The character can invoke an enchantment that will make even a hostile predatory animal stop, turn, and leave the area without harming the mage or anybody near him. The animal will not return for hours. The enchantment can affect six animals simultaneously.[/ooc]
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 124/124
Hit Points: 45/45
P.P.E.: 232/232

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.

Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
User avatar
Dodsrike
Game Master
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Dodsrike »

Unknown Dimension
Tuesday, June 13, 0506

As the cats surge towards you, it's pretty apparent they need some food. You can see the outline of rib cages on a couple of them, and all of them have a starved look in their eyes. Two split off for Skulls, and another two go after Rana. The last two start climbing the trees with frightening speed, going after the flying morsels of food. Irish starts blasting at one of the ones climbing a tree, while Kianra takes aim at the other. Erebos takes aim at the two to the south, one that is going after Rana, and one going after Skulls.

One of the climbing cats leaps off the tree at Irish, and manages to grab onto the legs of his power armor suit. The other climbing one leaps at Kianra, but she manages to dodge the cat, and watches as it falls back down to the ground. Skulls and one of the cats attacking him go after each other with gusto, although the cat only manages to land a couple blows on Skulls, while Skulls leaves his bleeding from several wounds. Rana savages one of the cats attacking her, taking only one hit in return. Erebos, taking careful aim, notices that the bolts from his rifle fly true and hit, managing to paralyze both the cats he aimed at.

Butchers Bill
Irish -7 MDC
Skulls -28 MDC
Rana -11 MDC
Image
User avatar
ColdCenter
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat May 23, 2020 9:05 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by ColdCenter »

Perception: 1d100 = 77: 77/45%
JIC: 1d20 = 5: 5/ 1d100 = 6: 6

Snapping out of the fog that momentarily clouded his mind Cold sees that Irish now has one of the cats latched onto his leg. "Hold on Irish. I'm coming to help." He drops his rifle where he is at and flies up to the cat and grabs on. He will pull the cat off of Irish and throw it back down to the ground. As he flies back down to square off against it he draws the plasma sword and turns it on. The rush of battling large beasts from his days as a gladiator only drives him to finish this fight. He will rely on his chemically enhanced reflexes to dodge the beast's attacks while making his own.

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 15: 10

Action 1. Drop rifle and fly up to Irish
Action 2. Grab the cat and pull it off
Action 3. Throw it to the ground and fly down to battle
Action 4. Attack with sword 1d20+4 = 18: 14 Damage: 4d6 = 12: 2, 1, 4, 5
Action 5. Attack with sword 1d20+4 = 23: 19 Damage: 4d6 = 21: 5, 5, 6, 5
Action 6. Attack with sword 1d20+4 = 18: 14 Damage: 4d6 = 12: 5, 1, 1, 5
Action 7. Attack with sword 1d20+4 = 23: 19 Damage: 4d6 = 14: 1, 6, 5, 2

Auto-Dodge:
1. 1d20+8 = 12: 4
2. 1d20+8 = 28: 20
3. 1d20+8 = 26: 18
4. 1d20+8 = 16: 8
5. 1d20+8 = 17: 9
6. 1d20+8 = 12: 4
7. 1d20+8 = 15: 7
4 out of the 5 voices in my head say go for it!
[hr][/hr]
ColdCenter
M.D.C.: 196/196
P.P.E.: 9
User avatar
Rana
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100 = 13: 13

JIC: 1d20 = 3: 3
1d100 = 6: 6

Conditions: Shadow skin (+10% bonus to Prowl); Whispered Voice; Fly as the Eagle (Speed: 50 mph. Bonuses: + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack.)

Rana engages the emaciated cats, fighting with savagery. It wants me as meat... but it will not have me! Part of her feels for the cats - she has known great hunger and how it drives you - but her will is greater than their hunger, and she will not be their meal.

If at any point one of her cat foes dies, she will move to the next available active (non-paralyzed) cat. If there are none by that time, she will issue a coup-de-grace on a paralyzed cat. "Can't have it following us."

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 4: 2

APM: 7

Action 1: Slash with Vibro-Claws 1d20+6 = 9: 3; Damage 3d6 = 12: 3, 6, 3 MD
Action 2: Slash with Vibro-Claws 1d20+6 = 14: 8; Damage 3d6 = 10: 2, 4, 4 MD
Action 3: Slash with Vibro-Claws 1d20+6 = 25: 19; Damage 3d6 = 14: 6, 6, 2 MD
Action 4: Slash with Vibro-Claws 1d20+6 = 25: 19; Damage 3d6 = 8: 1, 6, 1 MD
Action 5: Slash with Vibro-Claws 1d20+6 = 12: 6; Damage 3d6 = 14: 2, 6, 6 MD
Action 6: Slash with Vibro-Claws 1d20+6 = 25: 19; Damage 3d6 = 8: 1, 2, 5 MD
Action 7: Slash with Vibro-Claws 1d20+6 = 16: 10; Damage 3d6 = 16: 6, 5, 5 MD

Parries if needed: 1) 1d20+11 = 13: 2; 2) 1d20+11 = 17: 6; 3) 1d20+11 = 21: 10; 4) 1d20+11 = 21: 10; 5) 1d20+11 = 16: 5; 6) 1d20+11 = 15: 4; 7) 1d20+11 = 31: 20 (Nat. 20!)

Rana will dodge if pounced upon by more than one animal, sacrificing an action if necessary: 1) 1d20+10 = 25: 15; 2) 1d20+10 = 20: 10; 3) 1d20+10 = 18: 8; 4) 1d20+10 = 24: 14; 5) 1d20+10 = 22: 12; 6) 1d20+10 = 22: 12; 7) 1d20+10 = 13: 3
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 39/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception [41%] : 1d100 = 58: 58
Just in Case (20) : 1d20 = 9: 9
Just in Case (100) : 1d100 = 70: 70

Conditions: Shadow Skin (2/30 M.D.C.; +10% to Prowl, keeps the wearer cool and comfortable up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65.5C), prevents leaving behind any forensic evidence.; Duration: 29 minutes), Whispered Voice (Range: 900'; Duration: 29 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Spd: 50 mph; + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack while flying.; Duration: 29 minutes).

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.

[hr][/hr]

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 11: 9
Number of Attacks: 7
Action One : Uses comm, dodging as needed.
Action Two : Uses comm, dodging as needed.
Action Three : Vicious jab ( Strike: 1d20+4 = 6: 2 ; Damage: 5d6 = 23: 5, 2, 6, 4, 6 MD )
Action Four : Vicious jab ( Strike: 1d20+4 = 24: 20 NAT20 ; Damage: 5d6 = 16: 3, 1, 2, 6, 4 MD )
Action Five : Vicious jab ( Strike: 1d20+4 = 13: 9 ; Damage: 5d6 = 18: 6, 3, 1, 2, 6 MD )
Action Six : Vicious jab ( Strike: 1d20+4 = 17: 13 ; Damage: 5d6 = 22: 4, 6, 4, 6, 2 MD )
Action Seven : Vicious jab ( Strike: 1d20+4 = 22: 18 ; Damage: 5d6 = 19: 5, 4, 6, 2, 2 MD )

Dodges while using his comm: 1d20+7 = 19: 12, 1d20+7 = 27: 20 NAT20

Parries with his vibro-spear: 1d20+9 = 29: 20 NAT20, 1d20+9 = 26: 17, 1d20+9 = 18: 9, 1d20+9 = 19: 10, 1d20+9 = 11: 2

Instinct and adrenaline surge in the troll's veins. A wave of joy follows, as his vibro-spear punctures the cat-beast's hide. The more his spear strikes connect, the more joy the troll experiences. Blood my old friend, how I have missed you.
Skulls briefly stops his attack and activates his comm : " I urge we leave this place as soon as possible. We should take the southeast path until we are clear of the toxic air." Skulls tries dodging the cats attacks while he gets his message out. After which, he returns his focus to poking holes in the angry beast.
Do you eat your own ? Some predators do ? I will spread your guts around, and we will see what happens.

[hr][/hr]
Skill rolls :
Lore: Demons & Monsters 55% : 1d100 = 76: 76 (Does Skulls recognize the creatures that are attacking them.)

[hr][/hr]

Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
User avatar
Irish
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 4:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Irish »

Perception: 1d100 = 1: 1/31%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17: 17; 1d100 = 75: 75
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Radar, Shadow Skin (2/30 M.D.C.; +10% to Prowl, keeps the wearer cool and comfortable up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65.5C), prevents leaving behind any forensic evidence.; Duration: 29 minutes), Whispered Voice (Range: 900'; Duration: 29 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Spd: 50 mph; + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack while flying.; Duration: 29 minutes).
I.S.P. Spent: 2

Initiative: 1d20 = 6: 6
Number of Attacks: 5

Action One: Shoot Cat latched onto legs with KEP-Special Energy Pump Pistol. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 5: 2; Damage: 5d6 = 23: 1, 6, 4, 6, 6 M.D.)
Action Two: Continue to shoot cat with KEP-Special Energy Pump Pistol. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 22: 19; Damage: 5d6 = 23: 4, 5, 6, 3, 5 M.D.)
Action Three: Continue to shoot cat with KEP-Special Energy Pump Pistol. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 17: 14; Damage: 5d6 = 17: 1, 5, 1, 6, 4 M.D.)
Action Four: Continue to shoot cat with KEP-Special Energy Pump Pistol. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 19: 16; Damage: 5d6 = 20: 6, 1, 3, 4, 6 M.D.)
Action Five: Continue to shoot cat with KEP-Special Energy Pump Pistol. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 5: 2; Damage: 5d6 = 18: 3, 5, 3, 3, 4 M.D.)

Parries as Needed: 1d20+4 = 24: 20, 1d20+4 = 20: 16, 1d20+4 = 24: 20, 1d20+4 = 15: 11, 1d20+4 = 9: 5.


[Euro]"Damn Cat! Irish screams as he starts firing on it in earnest. Get off me legs, dang blasted hellspawn! Irish thinks as he desperately tries and shake the creature loose, while firing his pistol into it's furry hide.
"When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing. When the killing stops in one place, it starts in another, but that's okay... 'cause you're killing for your country. But it ain't your country who asks you, it's a few men up top who want it." ~ John Rambo
[hr][/hr]
Jack "Irish" MacCalister
P.P.E.: 6
I.S.P.: 22
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35
[hr][/hr]
Conditions: Sixth Sense.
[hr][/hr]
Current Loadout
User avatar
Érebos
Group Leader
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Érebos »

Perception: 1d100 = 95: 95 /62% [ooc=See perception modifiers here]+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (>300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level.
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.[/ooc]
JIC (100): 1d100 = 50: 50
JIC (20): 1d20 = 2: 2

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds): Shadow Mask: 24:45; Shadow Skin: 29:45; Whispered Voice (Communication): 29:45; Fly as the Eagle: 29:45; Impervious to Poison: 24:45

Euphoric and woozy from whatever-it-is affecting him (-2 to all rolls, -10% to skills)

Unless otherwise stated, Érebos speaks in Dragonese during dialogue and thinks in Ancient Greek.

Combat post (rolls include penalty above):

Initiative: 1d20 = 14: 14 (-2 if directly in sunlight or bright light; GM discretion)
Actions: 6

Action 1: announce to Hellblazers about big flying thing incoming
Action 2: giver orders to move SE, begin flying SE
Actions 3 - 6: Contingency or head SE

Parries, if needed:
Parry 1 1d20+9 = 22: 13 (all bonuses and penalties)
Parry 2 1d20+9 = 16: 7 (all bonuses and penalties)
Parry 3 1d20+9 = 11: 2 (all bonuses and penalties)
Parry 4 1d20+9 = 18: 9 (all bonuses and penalties)
Parry 5 1d20+9 = 25: 16 (all bonuses and penalties)
Parry 6 1d20+9 = 16: 7 (all bonuses and penalties)

[hr][/hr]
Dodsrike wrote:Unknown Dimension
Tuesday, June 13, 0506

As the cats surge towards you, it's pretty apparent they need some food. You can see the outline of rib cages on a couple of them, and all of them have a starved look in their eyes. Two split off for Skulls, and another two go after Rana. The last two start climbing the trees with frightening speed, going after the flying morsels of food. Irish starts blasting at one of the ones climbing a tree, while Kianra takes aim at the other. Erebos takes aim at the two to the south, one that is going after Rana, and one going after Skulls.

One of the climbing cats leaps off the tree at Irish, and manages to grab onto the legs of his power armor suit. The other climbing one leaps at Kianra, but she manages to dodge the cat, and watches as it falls back down to the ground. Skulls and one of the cats attacking him go after each other with gusto, although the cat only manages to land a couple blows on Skulls, while Skulls leaves his bleeding from several wounds. Rana savages one of the cats attacking her, taking only one hit in return. Erebos, taking careful aim, notices that the bolts from his rifle fly true and hit, managing to paralyze both the cats he aimed at.
Just hungry... like Viator said... thinks the Shadow Mage as he sees the emaciated and starving beasts attack and drops two of them with bolts from his rifle.

[hr][/hr]

"Hellblazers, we have incoming flying our way... something... big enough for me to see it while still out of my scope's 5000' range," he says, relaying what he caught a glimpse of as he peeked over the treeline.

He notices Irish blasting away at the cat-things... That Kittani gun is a nice pistol, but we really need to get him something heavier soon... he thinks, remembering the Naruni rifles he previously had in the Galactic Rogues. Illegal in Atlantis... as if that's ever stopped anyone he thinks with a grin.

Whether the mysterious pull toward the north has subsided, or Shroud is focused on the moment, is not clear. What is clear is that the Hellblazers won't be kitty food any time soon, and he was just attacked by one who tried to make that happen.

"Meathook: Agreed. Hellblazers, let's fly toward the southeast and away from this area pronto - that cats can follow if they still think we'll make a good meal," he orders over the radio, and begins to fly that way, weaving and dodging anything that attacks him.

[hr][/hr]

Contingency: If Irish's cat-thing still isn't off him after Cold's attempt, Shroud will take aim and hit it with the Paralysis Rifle as well (2 actions for aimed shot), and then fly toward the southeastern direction. If any cat-thing (or other foe) appears to block his path, Shroud will shoot them as well.

If Shroud's Shadow Skin is broken through, he will stop what he is doing and cast Shade Armor (60 M.D.C.) immediately (has a 1 action cast time)

[ooc=Shade Armor]Range: Self, or two others by touch, or cast upon one other up to 100 feet away; line of sight required.
Duration: Two minutes per level of experience (Shadow Mage)
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Five (Shadow Mage)
A dark grey mist forms over the recipient of this enchantment and seems to settle over him like a shadowy outer covering. Wisps of darkness move across the body as if shadows are moving over him from an unidentified source. Like the Armor of lthan spell, Shade Armor is weightless, noiseless and offers magical protection: 12 M.D.C. per level of the spell caster. (12 S.D.C. per level and an A.R. of 16 in S.D.C. environments.) It also offers a +5% bonus to Prowl in shadows/darkness. Magical Lightblades and weapons made of silver or coated in the metal do double damage to Shade Armor! Lasers, magic and other weapons do their normal damage.[/ooc]

Aimed Shot roll #1 (*IF* needed; includes all bonuses and penalties) --> aimed shot at feline target 1 (+2 WP E-Rifle +2 aimed shot +2 scope +2 WP Sniper -2 penalty) ---> 1d20+6 = 8: 2 to strike; if hit the target will be paralyzed from head to toe, unless he makes a successful save vs psionics, for 1D4 minutes
Aimed shot roll #2 (*IF* needed; includes all bonuses and penalties) --> aimed shot at feline target 2 (+2 WP E-Rifle +2 aimed shot +2 scope +2 WP Sniper -2 penalty) ---> 1d20+6 = 7: 1 to strike; if hit the target will be paralyzed from head to toe, unless he makes a successful save vs psionics, for 1D4 minutes
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 124/124
Hit Points: 45/45
P.P.E.: 232/232

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.

Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
User avatar
Kianra'Dea
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 11:30 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Kianra'Dea »

Perception: 1d100 = 35: 35 / 43%
JiC: 1d100 = 92: 92 / 1d20 = 17: 17

Conditions: Shadow Skin (30/30 M.D.C.; +10% to Prowl, keeps the wearer cool and comfortable up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65.5C), prevents leaving behind any forensic evidence.; Duration: 28:45 minutes), Whispered Voice (Range: 900'; Duration: 28:45 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Spd: 50 mph; + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack while flying.; Duration: 28:45 minutes).

Skills:
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 14: 14/63% (The way to the southeast, watch for signs of predators)

Combat:
APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 3: 1

A1: Fire laser pistol at closest cat. Strike: 1d20+5 = 11: 6 | DMG: 2d6 = 10: 5, 5
A2: Fire laser pistol at closest cat. Strike: 1d20+5 = 23: 18 | DMG: 2d6 = 5: 4, 1
A3: Fire laser pistol at closest cat. Strike: 1d20+5 = 10: 5 | DMG: 2d6 = 6: 1, 5
A4: Fire laser pistol at closest cat. Strike: 1d20+5 = 8: 3 | DMG: 2d6 = 8: 4, 4
A5: Fire laser pistol at closest cat. Strike: 1d20+5 = 10: 5 | DMG: 2d6 = 9: 5, 4

Parries: 1d20+2 = 11: 9 | 1d20+2 = 12: 10 | 1d20+2 = 6: 4 | 1d20+2 = 22: 20 | 1d20+2 = 22: 20
Dodges: 1d20+5 = 16: 11 | 1d20+5 = 10: 5 | 1d20+5 = 11: 6 | 1d20+5 = 11: 6 | 1d20+5 = 20: 15

Contingencies:
Should Shadow Skin break, will activate Invincible Armor Tattoo
Will refocus fire on any cat that attempts to charge her specifically
If one gets in close to her, she will swap to her Lightblade.

Post:
Shroud wrote:"Meathook: Agreed. Hellblazers, let's fly toward the southeast and away from this area pronto - that cats can follow if they still think we'll make a good meal,"
Kianra nods to herself, staying in the air. This bloody mission has already gone ass up, and I suddenly miss my old lantean raiding crew even more. She silently muses to herself. "Copy." She responds swiftly to Erebos, and will attempt to help dislodge the one on the Irish should he need the help. If Coldcenter and Irish are able to dislodge it, she won't risk firing at them and will instead focus her fire on deterring the non-paralyzed cats. I've never been a fan of extended combat, exploration, yes. Always had the Slayers or Defenders around for when things got heated. She thinks as her face softens remembering her old friend.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Kianra, the Atlantean Tattooed Voyager

Constant Conditions: Sense Ley Line within 25 miles | Sense Nexus within 30 miles | Sense Open/Active Rifts within 100 miles | Sense Dimensional Disturbances within 40 miles | H.F.: 12 | Impervious to Shape Changing | Sense Presence of Vampires/Intelligences within 1,000ft
M.D.C.: 245/245 | P.P.E.: 273/273 | I.S.P.: 13/13
Armor, Enhanced Mage Armor: Head: 50/50 | Main Body: 90 | Arm (L): 25 | Arm (R): 25 | Leg (L): 45 | Leg (R): 45


[ooc=Saving Throw Bonuses]Coma/Death: +24%
Magic (varies): +7
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +8
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +6[/ooc]
User avatar
The Apothecary
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by The Apothecary »

Pocket Dimension
Time: 0506:15
Temp: 95f; 90% humidity.


While the cat’s fight ferociously, the Hellblazers can see it’s born of desperation rather than malice. If they were not such greedy, evil bastards it might pull a cord of one’s heart strings. But it does not matter much to the mercenaries gathered here as they continue the slaughter of the poor hungry animals. Irsih works on freeing his left leg from the cat that is now attached to it. The cat frantically tears at Irish’s leg with a fervor he knows well. It wants the meat underneath the metal. He sees the desperation in the eyes of the beast. He has seen this before in the eyes of starving slaves. Always grateful he never met the same fate, and aware of his own mortality, Irish yells at the cat and shoots it off his leg, but not before it leaves great rents in his armor from it’s claws and teeth. Cold drops his rifle as he moves up to dislodge the cat from Irish’s leg. The rifle twists through the air and lands barrel first in the muck below. Cold arrives at Irish’s side just as the beast falls back down to earth...Does that still work in other dimensions?...Back down to “earth” from Irish shooting it in the face twice. (Irish -26 MD Left leg)

Skulls makes the recommendation to vacate the area before going back to dismembering his opponent. He revels in the simple motions of the animal. Turning its claws away from himself with the haft of his spear. In one fluid motion he sweeps around the right of the animal flicking his spear deep into the neck of his target. A flick of the wrist severs the artery there spraying Skulls with the pleasant scent of blood and dropping the animal at his feet.

Kianra and Rana fire at the cats as some fall to the ground, scoring several hits. Rana feels an energy bolt scream past her clipping her shoulder armor. The downward angle means it came from above her. One cat hits the ground with a sickening crunch, snap, indicating something broke in the fall. A Keen howl goes up and the cats begin their retreat into the woods as best as they can. They leave the fallen and speed off at best speed. Rana deftly issues death to the two paralyzed cats. Rana does notice the ground seems to move slightly as she can see several roots moving independently towards the corpses of the cats.

Erebos see’s something massive coming their direction, Likely stirred up from the commotion with the cats. Erebos issues his order to move to the southeast. He moves for a moment and see’s there are still small engagements going on around him. While the cat has been pried loose from Irish there are still two near Rana and Kianra. Erebos fires at the one closest to Rana and nearly hits his ally as a gust of wind pushed him off line from his intended target. Luckily Rana fights off the cat and it flees. Erebos moves more to the southeast acting as a scout and encouragement for the others to follow his lead.

The cats are in retreat. There is something big and flying bearing down on your current location

What do you do?


Butchers Bill

Irish -33 MDC Left Leg
Skulls -28 MDC
Rana -11 MDC
Cold - Rifle is stuck in the ground below
"Death may be a small mercy for some. Others come to me for the cure. Temporary or permanent I have it all."

AGM For: AAPS/Spooks

PCs: Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR); Kieko (H4H); Hellhound (VR)

GM: Sum Of All Fears (MARS/Atlantis)

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Rana
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100 = 15: 15 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 13: 13
1d100 = 70: 70

Conditions: Shadow skin (+10% bonus to Prowl); Whispered Voice; Fly as the Eagle (Speed: 50 mph. Bonuses: + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack.)

As Rana trades savagery for savagery with the hungry cats, she barely misses being shot at from overhead. She shouts a warning to the others. "Another foe! Skyward!" Once the cats are on the run, she flies a bit higher to get a look at their airborne pursuer.
Shroud wrote:"Hellblazers, let's fly toward the southeast and away from this area pronto."
She takes but a moment to lament the loss of the meat she could cut from the defeated cats. This foe will be upon us soon. We should try to outmaneuver it. "Meathook, with me!" She peels off to the east as Shroud and the others continue southeast, hoping the aerial foe does not spy the,

Prowl 38% 1d100 = 65: 65 (travel undetected by the sky thing - FAIL)

"We shall circle around behind it, and when it moves in on the others, we shall kill it from behind." It shall regret targeting us - If these cats were no trouble to us, it should have thought better!

If the flying enemy passes her in pursuit of the others, Rana will follow, and when or if it attacks them, she will attempt to charge it and attack it using melee attacks, in the air.

If the beast targets Rana and Meathook instead of the main crew, she will pivot around so the rest of the crew are behind the creature, so that they, instead, can attack it from behind.

If for any reason the thing breaks pursuit, Rana will rejoin the others.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 3: 1

APM: 7

Action 1: Close to melee range
Action 2: Slash with Vibro-Claws 1d20+6 = 25: 19; Damage 3d6 = 12: 5, 4, 3 MD
Action 3: Slash with Vibro-Claws 1d20+6 = 24: 18; Damage 3d6 = 8: 4, 1, 3 MD
Action 4: Slash with Vibro-Claws 1d20+6 = 23: 17; Damage 3d6 = 10: 4, 5, 1 MD
Action 5: Slash with Vibro-Claws 1d20+6 = 7: 1 (Nat. 1!); Damage 3d6 = 10: 3, 1, 6 MD
Action 6: Slash with Vibro-Claws 1d20+6 = 22: 16; Damage 3d6 = 12: 3, 4, 5 MD
Action 7: Slash with Vibro-Claws 1d20+6 = 24: 18; Damage 3d6 = 9: 2, 5, 2 MD

Parries if needed: 1) 1d20+11 = 17: 6; 2) 1d20+11 = 20: 9; 3) 1d20+11 = 20: 9; 4) 1d20+11 = 26: 15; 5) 1d20+11 = 29: 18; 6) 1d20+11 = 24: 13; 7) 1d20+11 = 19: 8

Dodges if necessary: 1) 1d20+10 = 22: 12; 2) 1d20+10 = 15: 5; 3) 1d20+10 = 11: 1; 4) 1d20+10 = 14: 4; 5) 1d20+10 = 17: 7; 6) 1d20+10 = 17: 7; 7) 1d20+10 = 21: 11


Contingency

If the skybound creature is not in range and/or Rana ascertains the energy bolt did not come from it, she will circle back and rejoin the others as they head Southeast.

[ooc]This:
GM post wrote:Rana feels an energy bolt scream past her clipping her shoulder armor. The downward angle means it came from above her.
Was very vague considering this:

Rana's last post wrote:Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100 = 13
In the future, if it's friendly fire and I have a Perception roll that would show me that, please be explicit about it. There's literally nothing in the GM post saying it was potentially a fumble from Erebos.[/ooc]
Last edited by Rana on Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 39/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Irish
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 18, 2020 4:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Irish »

Perception: 1d100 = 79: 79/31%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 6: 6; 1d100 = 53: 53
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Radar, Whispered Voice (Range: 900'; Duration: 28:45 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Spd: 50 mph; + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack while flying.; Duration: 28:45 minutes).
I.S.P. Spent: 2

Skill: Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 20: 20/65% (Checking the Radar.)

Once the "Cats" are on the run, Irish sighs. Not what I expected. With a shrug, Irish begins moving again, down from the upper canopy. [Dragonese/Elven]"So which way, southeast right." Irish says more as a confirmation as he drops to the ground and begins walking at a decent pace towards the southeast trail. I'm just gonna try and not be here when that flying critter gets here. Irish thinks with a dark chuckle.
"When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing. When the killing stops in one place, it starts in another, but that's okay... 'cause you're killing for your country. But it ain't your country who asks you, it's a few men up top who want it." ~ John Rambo
[hr][/hr]
Jack "Irish" MacCalister
P.P.E.: 6
I.S.P.: 22
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 35
[hr][/hr]
Conditions: Sixth Sense.
[hr][/hr]
Current Loadout
User avatar
Kianra'Dea
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 11:30 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Kianra'Dea »

Perception: 1d100 = 74: 74 / 43%
JiC: 1d100 = 82: 82 / 1d20 = 13: 13

Conditions: Shadow Skin (30/30 M.D.C.; +10% to Prowl, keeps the wearer cool and comfortable up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65.5C), prevents leaving behind any forensic evidence.; Duration: 28:30 minutes), Whispered Voice (Range: 900'; Duration: 28:30 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Spd: 50 mph; + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack while flying.; Duration: 28:30 minutes).

Skills:
Lore, Dimensions: 1d100 = 71: 71 / 68% (What is that big thing flying towards us)

[ooc=Combat, Ignore]Combat:
APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 6: 4

A1: Fly up, work with Rana to aid in the flanking maneuver.
A2: Fire pistol at the flyer. Strike: 1d20+5 = 10: 5 | DMG: 2d6 = 9: 6, 3
A3: Fire pistol at the flyer. Strike: 1d20+5 = 15: 10 | DMG: 2d6 = 8: 3, 5
A4: Fire pistol at the flyer. Strike: 1d20+5 = 21: 16 | DMG: 2d6 = 6: 2, 4
A5: Fire pistol at the flyer. Strike: 1d20+5 = 19: 14 | DMG: 2d6 = 2: 1, 1

Parries: 1d20+2 = 21: 19 | 1d20+2 = 17: 15 | 1d20+2 = 6: 4 | 1d20+2 = 9: 7 | 1d20+2 = 14: 12
Dodges: 1d20+5 = 17: 12 | 1d20+5 = 21: 16 | 1d20+5 = 25: 20 | 1d20+5 = 14: 9 | 1d20+5 = 6: 1

Contingencies:
Should Shadow Skin break, will activate Invincible Armor Tattoo
If it breaks battle, regroup.[/ooc]
Post:

When the cats break away, Kianra looks skyward. Let the flyer be brought to death. She thinks, her relative patience with the attention they have garnered all but gone. When Rana calls her plan out, Kianra nods to her ally. "Copy. Let's see who this foe follows." She says simply and will regroup with the main group and hopefully flank the flyer unless Erebos calls out with a different plan.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Kianra, the Atlantean Tattooed Voyager

Constant Conditions: Sense Ley Line within 25 miles | Sense Nexus within 30 miles | Sense Open/Active Rifts within 100 miles | Sense Dimensional Disturbances within 40 miles | H.F.: 12 | Impervious to Shape Changing | Sense Presence of Vampires/Intelligences within 1,000ft
M.D.C.: 245/245 | P.P.E.: 273/273 | I.S.P.: 13/13
Armor, Enhanced Mage Armor: Head: 50/50 | Main Body: 90 | Arm (L): 25 | Arm (R): 25 | Leg (L): 45 | Leg (R): 45


[ooc=Saving Throw Bonuses]Coma/Death: +24%
Magic (varies): +7
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +8
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +6[/ooc]
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception [41%] : 1d100 = 29: 29
Just in Case (20) : 1d20 = 8: 8
Just in Case (100) : 1d100 = 35: 35

Conditions: Shadow Skin (2/30 M.D.C.; +10% to Prowl, keeps the wearer cool and comfortable up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65.5C), prevents leaving behind any forensic evidence.; Duration: 28:45 minutes), Whispered Voice (Range: 900'; Duration: 28:45 minutes), Fly as the Eagle (Spd: 50 mph; + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack while flying.; Duration: 28:45 minutes).

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.

[hr][/hr]

The kill pleases the troll. He is satisfied with the abundant fresh blood. On a different day, Skulls would have had a taste, eaten the fresh heart of the beast. The kill would not have be wasted. Noting that the rest of the cats are slain or are in retreat, he thinks: Not an entirely wasted kill, we sent a message.
Shroud wrote: "Hellblazers, let's fly toward the southeast and away from this area pronto."
Skulls does not linger with his kill. He hovers southeast, trying to get a visual on the other Hellblazers as he floats.

Silver wrote:"Meathook, with me!"  "We shall circle around behind it, and when it moves in on the others, we shall kill it from behind."
Skulls falls in, hovering to the left ogress before replying: "Excellent, Silver." The Troll matches Rana's speed and will attempt to coordinate with her plan as it unfolds. He tries to identify the flying enemy as they split away from the group.

How pleasing Rana has a strategy.

If the flying enemy passes Skulls in pursuit of the others, Skulls will follow the enemy. IF the enemy attacks, or Rana attacks it, Skulls will engage with the enemy in the air.

If the enemy targets Rana and/or Meathook instead of the main crew, Skulls will engage with the enemy in the air.

If for any reason the thing breaks pursuit, Skulls will follow Rana.

[hr][/hr]
Skill Roll:
Lore: Demons & Monsters 55% : 1d100 = 69: 69

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 5: 3

Number of Attacks: 7

Action One : move to melee range.
Action Two : If the enemy has a “head” Skulls will go for it. ( strike : 1d20 = 20: 20 Nat 20, Damage : 5d6 = 15: 1, 5, 5, 1, 3 )
Action Three : headshot ( strike : 1d20 = 19: 19, Damage : 5d6 = 17: 5, 3, 6, 1, 2 )
Action Four : headshot ( strike : 1d20 = 5: 5, Damage : 5d6 = 17: 2, 3, 6, 2, 4 )
Action Five : headshot ( strike : 1d20 = 10: 10, Damage : 5d6 = 21: 6, 6, 2, 5, 2 )
Action Six : headshot ( strike : 1d20 = 17: 17 , Damage : 5d6 = 18: 4, 3, 4, 1, 6 )
Action Seven : headshot ( strike : 1d20 = 1: 1 Nat 1, Damage : 5d6 = 14: 2, 3, 4, 4, 1 )

Parries: 1: 1d20+9 = 11: 2) 2: 1d20+9 = 10: 1) 3: 1d20+9 = 24: 15) 4: 1d20+9 = 17: 8) 5: 1d20+9 = 27: 18) 6: 1d20+9 = 22: 13) 7: 1d20+9 = 28: 19)

Dodges if necessary: 1: 1d20+7 = 19: 12) 2: 1d20+7 = 8: 1) 3: 1d20+7 = 26: 19) 4: 1d20+7 = 11: 4) 5: 1d20+7 = 20: 13) 6: 1d20+7 = 12: 5) 7: 1d20+7 = 10: 3)

[hr][/hr]

Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 114
Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
User avatar
Érebos
Group Leader
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Érebos »

Perception: 1d100 = 10: 10 /62% [ooc=See perception modifiers here]+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (>300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level.
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.[/ooc]
JIC (100): 1d100 = 78: 78
JIC (20): 1d20 = 4: 4

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds): Shadow Mask: 24:30; Shadow Skin: 29:30; Whispered Voice (Communication): 29:30; Fly as the Eagle: 29:30; Impervious to Poison: 24:30

Euphoric and woozy from whatever-it-is affecting him (-2 to all rolls, -10% to skills)

Unless otherwise stated, Érebos speaks in Dragonese during dialogue and thinks in Ancient Greek.

Combat post (rolls include penalty above):

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 20: 19 (-2 if directly in sunlight or bright light; GM discretion)
Actions: 6

Actions: Fly toward Southeast, comms, look for suitable area to confront flyer, slip up and observe

Parries, if needed:
Parry 1 1d20+8 = 22: 14 (includes bonuses and penalties)
Parry 2 1d20+8 = 23: 15 (includes bonuses and penalties)
Parry 3 1d20+8 = 23: 15 (includes bonuses and penalties)
Parry 4 1d20+8 = 12: 4 (includes bonuses and penalties)
Parry 5 1d20+8 = 18: 10 (includes bonuses and penalties)
Parry 6 1d20+8 = 19: 11 (includes bonuses and penalties)
[hr][/hr]
The Apothecary wrote:While the cat’s fight ferociously, the Hellblazers can see it’s born of desperation rather than malice. If they were not such greedy, evil bastards it might pull a cord of one’s heart strings. But it does not matter much to the mercenaries gathered here as they continue the slaughter of the poor hungry animals. Irsih works on freeing his left leg from the cat that is now attached to it. The cat frantically tears at Irish’s leg with a fervor he knows well. It wants the meat underneath the metal. He sees the desperation in the eyes of the beast. He has seen this before in the eyes of starving slaves. Always grateful he never met the same fate, and aware of his own mortality, Irish yells at the cat and shoots it off his leg, but not before it leaves great rents in his armor from it’s claws and teeth. Cold drops his rifle as he moves up to dislodge the cat from Irish’s leg. The rifle twists through the air and lands barrel first in the muck below. Cold arrives at Irish’s side just as the beast falls back down to earth...Does that still work in other dimensions?...Back down to “earth” from Irish shooting it in the face twice. (Irish -26 MD Left leg)

Skulls makes the recommendation to vacate the area before going back to dismembering his opponent. He revels in the simple motions of the animal. Turning its claws away from himself with the haft of his spear. In one fluid motion he sweeps around the right of the animal flicking his spear deep into the neck of his target. A flick of the wrist severs the artery there spraying Skulls with the pleasant scent of blood and dropping the animal at his feet.

Kianra and Rana fire at the cats as some fall to the ground, scoring several hits. Rana feels an energy bolt scream past her clipping her shoulder armor. The downward angle means it came from above her. One cat hits the ground with a sickening crunch, snap, indicating something broke in the fall. A Keen howl goes up and the cats begin their retreat into the woods as best as they can. They leave the fallen and speed off at best speed. Rana deftly issues death to the two paralyzed cats. Rana does notice the ground seems to move slightly as she can see several roots moving independently towards the corpses of the cats.

Erebos see’s something massive coming their direction, Likely stirred up from the commotion with the cats. Erebos issues his order to move to the southeast. He moves for a moment and see’s there are still small engagements going on around him. While the cat has been pried loose from Irish there are still two near Rana and Kianra. Erebos fires at the one closest to Rana and nearly hits his ally as a gust of wind pushed him off line from his intended target. Luckily Rana fights off the cat and it flees. Erebos moves more to the southeast acting as a scout and encouragement for the others to follow his lead.

The cats are in retreat. There is something big and flying bearing down on your current location

What do you do?
Shroud is relieved as the cat-thing who was latched upon Irish's leg falls to the ground. As the cats retreat, the Shadow Mage looks toward the direction he, and the others who followed his orders, are moving. We need cover... something to keep the flyer out of the sky, which is their domain, and force them to the ground, which is our domain... he thinks as he looks at the terrain.

Not to mention it will be out of the sun, and in the shadows, where we are strongest... he thinks, pleased that the confrontation with the starving cats is over and with minimal losses to his team - seems they all worked together.
Rana wrote:"Meathook, with me!" She peels off to the east as Shroud and the others continue southeast, hoping the aerial foe does not spy them

"We shall circle around behind it, and when it moves in on the others, we shall kill it from behind."
Lord of skulls wrote:
Silver wrote:"Meathook, with me!" "We shall circle around behind it, and when it moves in on the others, we shall kill it from behind."
Skulls falls in, hovering to the left ogress before replying: "Excellent, Silver." The Troll matches Rana's speed and will attempt to coordinate with her plan as it unfolds. He tries to identify the flying enemy as they split away from the group.
"Good initiative, Silver & Meathook - be careful you don't bite off more than you can chew... I didn't get a good look at whatever-it-is up there, but I could tell it was big and headed our way," he says on the air as a half "attaboy" and a half warning out of concern.

Yeah, I'm paranoid, but it keeps me alive... he thinks to himself.
Kianra'Dea wrote:When Rana calls her plan out, Kianra nods to her ally. "Copy. Let's see who this foe follows." She says simply and will regroup with the main group and hopefully flank the flyer unless Erebos calls out with a different plan.
Good idea.

"Hellblazers, hungry cats are going home unfed...let's see what the big thing is up to from a safer vantage point over here," he says, continuing his swift flight to the southeast, staying under the tree canopy but looking for an area that might make a good vantage point to view skyward in the direction the big flying thing was last spotted.

When he reaches that area (if it happens this round), he will slip up above the treeline again as before (just his head and shoulders) and look through his scope to see if he can resolve the big flying thing once more, trying to remain unseen.

Skill Roll: Prowl (remain unseen/unnoticed by flying thing as he slips barely above the treeline for some recon) ----> Prowl: 1d100 = 64: 64 / 87%

Contingency:

If Shroud's Shadow Skin is broken through, he will stop what he is doing and cast Shade Armor (60 M.D.C.) immediately (has a 1 action cast time)
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 124/124
Hit Points: 45/45
P.P.E.: 232/232

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.

Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
User avatar
ColdCenter
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat May 23, 2020 9:05 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by ColdCenter »

Perception: 1d100 = 3: 3/45%
JIC: 1d20 = 14: 14/ 1d100 = 33: 33

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 25: 20

Seeing the big cat release Irish just has gets to him Coldcenter comes to a stop. "Nice shooting Irish." He then looks back down and sees his rifle sticking straight up out of the mudd. ""Crap."

Cold will swoop down and pull the riffle out of the ground and carefully look down the barrel without it pointing right at his face. "Shit. Drawing the word out as he says it to himself. He starts to shake and bang the barrel against his hand and leg to get as much of the muck out as possible. When it is ordered to move he responds. "Roger that, moving southeast"

While moving in the direction they have been ordered in he will still try to clear the barrel some more. I hope this does the trick and clears out the barrel enough to be used. I guess we will find out soon enough. Screw it might as well check it now. COld hangs back for a few seconds until he has some distance between himself and everyone else before testing the weapon. Don't want anyone getting hurt because of my dumb luck. He points the rifle into the trees and pulls the trigger.

Actions: 7
1. If it fires without a problem he moves on.
2. If it does nothing he grabs his canteen and pours some water down the barrel to see it clears more of the muck.
3. Trys firing the rifle again.
4. More water down barrel
5. Trys firing the rifle.
6. More water down the barrel
7. Moves to catch up with the group
4 out of the 5 voices in my head say go for it!
[hr][/hr]
ColdCenter
M.D.C.: 196/196
P.P.E.: 9
User avatar
The Apothecary
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by The Apothecary »

Pocket Dimension
Time: 0520
Temp: 95f; 90% humidity.


Having driven the cats off everyone is quite proud of the first combat the group has seen as a collective entity. Ready for more several members look to eliminate whatever airborne threat may be coming their way. It takes 10 minutes for the creatures to show. When they do it is readily apparent they are not here for the Hellblazers. In a group of about ten these are carrion feeders. Here to pick over the leftovers from the scuffle they heard. At the first hostile action they turn and flee to the north. Caring for self preservation over anything else.

Just as the Hellblazers are looking at the retreating Carrion creatures, everyone with an earpiece or headset for their radio receives an ear splitting feedback loop making many in EBA instinctively reach to remove their helmets.

As the feedback dies out everyone except Kianra and Irish can see a small light shoot up from the trees to the southeast at a distance of many miles.


Well Now...I Think Someone might know that you’re here. What are you doing now?
"Death may be a small mercy for some. Others come to me for the cure. Temporary or permanent I have it all."

AGM For: AAPS/Spooks

PCs: Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR); Kieko (H4H); Hellhound (VR)

GM: Sum Of All Fears (MARS/Atlantis)

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Érebos
Group Leader
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Érebos »

Perception: 1d100 = 92: 92 /62% [ooc=See perception modifiers here]+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (>300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level.
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.[/ooc]
JIC (100): 1d100 = 100: 100
JIC (20): 1d20 = 6: 6

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds): Shadow Mask: 14:30; Shadow Skin: 19:30; Whispered Voice (Communication): 19:30; Fly as the Eagle: 19:30; Impervious to Poison: 14:30

Unless otherwise stated, Érebos speaks in Dragonese during dialogue and thinks in Ancient Greek.

[hr][/hr]
The Apothecary wrote:Pocket Dimension
Time: 0520
Temp: 95f; 90% humidity.


Having driven the cats off everyone is quite proud of the first combat the group has seen as a collective entity. Ready for more several members look to eliminate whatever airborne threat may be coming their way. It takes 10 minutes for the creatures to show. When they do it is readily apparent they are not here for the Hellblazers. In a group of about ten these are carrion feeders. Here to pick over the leftovers from the scuffle they heard. At the first hostile action they turn and flee to the north. Caring for self preservation over anything else.

Just as the Hellblazers are looking at the retreating Carrion creatures, everyone with an earpiece or headset for their radio receives an ear splitting feedback loop making many in EBA instinctively reach to remove their helmets.

As the feedback dies out everyone except Kianra and Irish can see a small light shoot up from the trees to the southeast at a distance of many miles.


Well Now...I Think Someone might know that you’re here. What are you doing now?
Shroud sighs with relief as he sees what appeared to be a massive incoming beast turn out to be nothing but a tightly packed group of carrion feeders. Close one. I could have sworn it was some kind of big creature... he thinks.

The feedback startles the nervous Sunaj and he quickly rips his earbud out of his ear. "What the...?" he says as the light shoots up from the southeast.

He puts in his earbud again (presuming the noise is gone, and says "Eyes southeast, everyone," in a sharp voice while pointing at the beam of light.

"Keep an eye out, we may have a welcoming party of some sort. Or, maybe it's just coincidence... still, better safe than sorry. Pair off: let's have Meathook and Silver up front, Viator with me, Irish and Cold, bring up the rear," he says as he waves everyone forward and keeps his eyes peeled for anything new.

When does it get dark in this accursed place? he thinks, wary that his spells are running out of time as he whispers into a shady area.

[ooc=Whispered Voice - for SIlver]Silver, Shroud here. What's the status on the trail? We following anything or following blind?[/ooc]
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 124/124
Hit Points: 45/45
P.P.E.: 232/232

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.

Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
User avatar
Rana
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100 = 5: 5 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 18: 18
1d100 = 62: 62

Conditions: Shadow skin (+10% bonus to Prowl); Whispered Voice; Fly as the Eagle (Speed: 50 mph. Bonuses: + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack.)

As the airborne menace turns out to be a cowardly flock of carrion-birds, Rana inwardly sighs in relief. Were this a hunt I could rest satisfied, with enough meat to return to camp. But these fights are a distraction. Ruefully, she glances at the forest floor, at the big cats that lay dead there. I would like to carve a haunch of that for later... but now is no time. Perhaps upon our return... if the plants haven't eaten the things first.

She is approaching Erebos' position when she sees the small light in the distance, and hears the feedback in her earpiece.

Grunting, she tears off her helmet, having no need to breathe except when tracking.
Shroud wrote:"Keep an eye out, we may have a welcoming party of some sort. Or, maybe it's just coincidence... still, better safe than sorry. Pair off: let's have Meathook and Silver up front, Viator with me, Irish and Cold, bring up the rear,"
Rana nods, taking point with Meathook. "That was no coincidence."
Erebos (Whispered) wrote:"Silver, Shroud here. What's the status on the trail? We following anything or following blind?"
Rana narrows her eyes, looking at the markings on the forest floor.

Land Navigation 44% 1d100 = 45: 45 (Pick a trail to our destination - FAIL)
Detect Ambush 38% 1d100 = 1: 1 (Avoid traps & ambushes - CRIT SUCCESS)
Tracking: People 33% 1d100 = 77: 77 (FAIL)
Tracking: People 33% 1d100 = 37: 37 (FAIL)
Tracking: People 33% 1d100 = 79: 79 (FAIL)

[ooc=Whispered voice for Erebos]"Shroud, this is Silver. We are following a trail that led in this direction - I got momentarily confused by the cat's tracks, obscuring the lighter humanoid trails... but with Meathook we shall be able to follow."[/ooc]

She gestures to Meathook, then to the forest floor. "Do you see the trail? I have lost it."

With that, and with the Troll by her side, Rana hovers and flies cautiously forward, attempting to follow the trail to the Southeast, toward the tell-tale burst of light.
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 39/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
ColdCenter
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat May 23, 2020 9:05 am

Re: Chapter 1: Primeval Thieves

Post by ColdCenter »

Perception: 1d100 = 37: 37/45%
JIC: 1d20 = 13: 13/ 1d100 = 29: 29

Conditions: Shadow skin (+10% bonus to Prowl); Whispered Voice; Fly as the Eagle (Speed: 50 mph. Bonuses: + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge, and +2 to damage on a diving attack.)

With the wicked feedback coming through his helmet even the suped up juicer can't take it and he pulls the helmet off. Damn that hurt! He listen from the outside of it until it dies down before putting it back on.

With his helmet back on he hears the call to look southeast to see the flare. Well this just keeps getting more interesting. The next command from Shroud is to head out again still in a southeast direction and for Irish and him to bring up the rear. He looks at Irish and gives him a nod to go in front of him so he can watch everyone's rear. As they move he checks to both side and behind to make sure nothing is coming for them.
4 out of the 5 voices in my head say go for it!
[hr][/hr]
ColdCenter
M.D.C.: 196/196
P.P.E.: 9
Locked

Return to “Atlantis Adventure Archives”