Hell Blazers HQ

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Post Reply
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Hell Blazers HQ

Post by Sum of All Fears »

This thread is for any RP or interactions at the Hell Blazers HQ building.
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: Hell Blazers HQ

Post by Sum of All Fears »

Upon returning to their HQ. They find furnishings now adorn the previously spartan areas of their HQ. However their trusty dragon is no where to be seen. The person who brought everyone back turns back to the rest of the group. "I apologize for the abrupt exit. The job you were given was a trap. Powerlord Jarnax wanted to remove your group for some reason. I have need of Erebos and Kianra. I will be sending you some additional support soon. With that said she opens another portal and ushers Erebos and Kianra through. She turns back slightly, "Oh. You might want to find your dragon while you wait." Without taking any questions she vanishes through the portal and is gone leaving the remaining members alone in their HQ. It's only then they realize there is a large snake sitting where the portal used to be.

Into: Patches

Ok. You have a snake in front of you and your dragon is no where to be found...What do you do now?
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
User avatar
Patches
Group Leader
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Re: Hell Blazers HQ

Post by Patches »

Perception: 1d100<24: [51] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [20] = 20 | 1d20: [9] = 9
Active Effects
  • Nightvision (Constant, no cost)
  • See Aura (Constant, no cost)
  • See the Invisible (Constant, no cost)
  • Telepathy (6 minutes, -4 I.S.P.)
The snake is slow to move, a lethargic ball of coiled scales and muscle. From a small crack between two of its coils a bright red speck can be seen glowing in the shadows of the snakes coils. Patches’ face pushes forward and a thick snout reveals itself, a forked tongue tasting the air. A second golden light highlights the snakes second eye as it catches the ambient light. The Pythonan is a patchwork of large Jigsaws of pearlescent pink scales and the more traditional serpentine camouflage consisting of greens, browns, and yellows. All of the snakes coils slide in oppositte directions as the snakes head pushes into the air. It’s left eye is a natural golden color while the right is an eldritch red enveloping the blackest of irises.

What is this? What has happened? Patches takes a moment to note his location before sizing up the two individuals in-front of him. The Pythonan pushes out with his mind in an attempt to gauge the intent of his new company. He focuses on the Ogre first, before switching to the troll, searching for any sign of hostile intent. ”Where am I? Who are you?” Patches hisses suspiciously in Dragonese. Not seeing any of the obvious signs of ambush or Spluggorth heraldry, Patches holds off on any overt offensive or defensive moves in an attempt to not escalate the already surprising situation. ”If you seek Kallistra, I am no longer in her services. If you think my freedom is an opportunity for you, you will find I am more than capable of ensuring my own survival.” Patches head rises slowly out of his coiled form, refusing to back down or show any signs of weakness.Who brought me here? And Why?
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
P.P.E.: 153/153
I.S.P.: 47/51
M.D.C.: 21/21
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Hell Blazers HQ

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception [41%]: 1d100: [62] = 62
Just in Case(20): 1d20: [10] = 10
Just in Case(100): 1d100: [53] = 53

Conditions: None.

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.

Sum of All Fears wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:07 pm Upon returning to their HQ. They find furnishings now adorn the previously spartan areas of their HQ. However their trusty dragon is no where to be seen. The person who brought everyone back turns back to the rest of the group. "I apologize for the abrupt exit. The job you were given was a trap. Powerlord Jarnax wanted to remove your group for some reason. I have need of Erebos and Kianra. I will be sending you some additional support soon. With that said she opens another portal and ushers Erebos and Kianra through. She turns back slightly, "Oh. You might want to find your dragon while you wait." Without taking any questions she vanishes through the portal and is gone leaving the remaining members alone in their HQ. It's only then they realize there is a large snake sitting where the portal used to be.

That final remark leaves the troll more disturbed than his abrupt dimensional relocation. Where is our dragon? Venenifer..? His first thought is interrupted by the coiled reptile in the room. The troll stares at it blankly, as he tries to assign meaning to current events. Plagued by a flood of questions, all of which are unanswered. The snake is still there and now uncoiling. Our savioress said, she will send help soon. She perhaps left us this snake as a present? Or, it could be a side effect of dimensional travel? ....Beings are welcome here for business. Is this a business snake? At a loss, Skulls opens his visor and furnishes himself with a cigarette. Skulls lets chaos have an opening, glad to drink in the acrid smoke.

Unknown Large Reptile wrote:"Where am I? Who are you?"..."If you seek Kallistra, I am no longer in her services. If you think my freedom is an opportunity for you, you will find I am more than capable of ensuring my own survival."



After what Skulls feels is an appropriate pause, he will engage with the creature. Calmly stating: "I am Skulls. You are in our place of business." Lowering his head slightly, the troll then continues in a darker tone. "Why are you here? Have you seen a dragon? Your survival may be in peril, if I am not pleased with your answers."
Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
User avatar
Patches
Group Leader
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Re: Hell Blazers HQ

Post by Patches »

[Rolls carried]
Lord of skulls wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:44 pm After what Skulls feels is an appropriate pause, he will engage with the creature. Calmly stating: "I am Skulls. You are in our place of business." Lowering his head slightly, the troll then continues in a darker tone. "Why are you here? Have you seen a dragon? Your survival may be in peril, if I am not pleased with your answers."
Frustrated that Skulls thinks in a language Patches does not understand, the Pythonan will hold on the knowledge that the troll seemed to bear no direct, personal hatred towards him. A Troll? Yes. Troll. The other is an Ogre I believe… They seem to be as clueless as to the situation as I, yet still: they seem comfortable here. They would be useful as allies. Patches risks a quick moment to look around his surroundings, specifically looking for his Wingboard and the items he had stored in the sacks on it. ” I am called Patches the Legless. You seek a Dragon? I have seen many in my time. I assume you refer to a specific one.” The Pythonan relaxes slightly, thankful that he was not dropped into a pit with starving slave stock. These ones seemed willing to negotiate. ”Most on my planet reside in the city of Draconga.” If I am still on Earth. He looks at the smaller, more human sized architecture surrounding him. ”I take it by my surroundings that I am no longer in the city of dragons.” For the better. A clean start with no traces to my past would be preferred. The snake could still feel his old masters eyes, watching him. He represses a shiver,

And Yawns. ”If you sseek to find your dragon, I could be of assistance. But first we must come to an undersstanding.” Patchs rests his head on top of the coils of his body and blinks lazily. ”I sserve no master, Sskullss. Not anymore. I have no intention to ever submit to a collar or cage again.” The Pythonans words grow long and lazy. ”Do you keep sslavess, Sskullss?” The Pythonans head will slide back, into the heavy lengths of his spiraled form. His one glowing eye shines between the layered lengths of his body. ”Does your dragon? If Sso, my pricess are steep.”

Even as Patches begins to negotiate, he will use the fact that his head is hidden as a chance to once again look around the room he appeared in, this time attempting to gain an idea of the scents of those in front of him and, if possible, pick out the dragons scent. If there was only one dragon here it should not be too difficult.

”You are a Troll, Yess? Are you familiar with my kind? I am Pythonan. As a speciess we are all powerful Psychics. Perssonally, I am also trained in the knowledge of Rifts and Ley Lines and how to manipulate them to my will. If your dragon has made use of teleportation by any meanss, I will know. If it is hiding, I will be able to sense its power. It is not easy for one so large to hide, if you know how to look.

What sort of business do you run, Skulls? And how might it be able to compensate me for such strenuous activity?”
Patches voice continues to slow and an exaggerated yawn can be heard to highlight the snakes apparent lack of motivation.

Let’s Look for a Dragon!
  • Sense Ley Line (30 miles): 1d100<45: [88] = 0
  • Sense A Rift: General direction only, any within 80 miles.
  • Sense Magic In Use: any within 300 feet, no direction or power sense
  • See magic Energy: -1 action per round. Aura around anything possessing or emanating 20 PPE or more.works on everything up to but not Invisibility Superior. Line of Sight.
  • Track by Smell: 1d100<70: [54*] = 1
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
P.P.E.: 153/153
I.S.P.: 47/51
M.D.C.: 21/21
User avatar
Rana
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Hell Blazers HQ

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100: [67] = 67

JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10
JIC: 1d100: [35] = 35
Mysterious stranger wrote:"I apologize for the abrupt exit. The job you were given was a trap. Powerlord Jarnax wanted to remove your group for some reason. I have need of Erebos and Kianra. I will be sending you some additional support soon. Oh. You might want to find your dragon while you wait."
Rana watches with dismay. All of our leaders are leaving the Bajrak. What is to come of this?

She looks around, noting the new furniture, and the large snake.
Patches wrote:”Where am I? Who are you? If you seek Kallistra, I am no longer in her services. If you think my freedom is an opportunity for you, you will find I am more than capable of ensuring my own survival.”
Skulls wrote: "I am Skulls. You are in our place of business. Why are you here? Have you seen a dragon? Your survival may be in peril, if I am not pleased with your answers."
Rana watches the two speak, hanging back. The snake seems to have no desire to fight us. This is good. Could he be an ally? She listens to his tale, to his description of his abilities.

Rana addresses the Snake in Dragonese, her accent thick with a Gobblely lilt. "We have no slaves, Patches. Many of our bajrak are former slaves." She begins unclipping gear from her harness. "We have returned from... what we thought was a mission, but we are now told was a trap, and our leader, Erebos, and our comrade Kianra, have been called away on some duty. Perhaps some day they will share this sky with us again. Perhaps not. The Bajrak will continue without them until they return."

She lays her gear in a pile on a nearby table that wasn't there when they left.

"Patches, our Bajrak engages in a deadly business. If you have not the heart for bloody work, you should go - we will not hold it against you. However, you seem strong and cunning. We would welcome you. we..." She looks at the snake. He hates the slavers, as we do. I should not fear to reveal our mission to him. "Our Bajrak aims to burn the huts and blunt the spears of the Splugorth and their kind. The Undead. Others. Those who prey upon us. This is our night mission, our secret calling. To all watchers, we are but a humble band of mercenaries, specializing in crossing the rifts to do feats for others. Others who pay."

She looks to Skulls, and then back to Patches. "Our Bajrak is small... it must stay small. But it has room for you, if you wish."
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 120/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 75/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Patches
Group Leader
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Re: Hell Blazers HQ

Post by Patches »

[rolls carried]

Patches listens to the Ogre talk. His comfort in his new situation grows. These seem to be beings of a like mind. Or at least of a shared past. For once the dimensional winds have blown me somewhere potentially prosperous. "If your comrades were swept away in convergence with my arrival then whomever called them away is playing at games we do not yet understand." Patches pauses in his magical surveillance of the room for a moment.

"I share your sentiments I admit; The Spluggorth are unworthy of their position, and they are but the most mild of Intelligences that would exert their will on others because they can." Patches considers Rana's description of her organization. An autonomous mercenary company could give me just the levels of protection and freedom I seek.

"I will not bind myself to anyone or their cause yet, but I am willing to strike a compact: I shall aide you in finding your dragon. During such an endeavor, we shall see if our natures mesh in such a way to allow a long term arrangement." He pauses for a moment, searching for the right words to express his intentions. "It shall be an audition. For both you and I, to see if this relationship might be worth building upon."
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
P.P.E.: 153/153
I.S.P.: 47/51
M.D.C.: 21/21
User avatar
Rana
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Hell Blazers HQ

Post by Rana »

(Rolls carried over)
Patches wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:08 pm "If your comrades were swept away in convergence with my arrival then whomever called them away is playing at games we do not yet understand. I share your sentiments I admit; The Splugorth are unworthy of their position, and they are but the most mild of Intelligences that would exert their will on others because they can. I will not bind myself to anyone or their cause yet, but I am willing to strike a compact: I shall aide you in finding your dragon. During such an endeavor, we shall see if our natures mesh in such a way to allow a long term arrangement. It shall be an audition. For both you and I, to see if this relationship might be worth building upon."
Rana scrutinizes the snake, her features inscrutable.

She nods. "Very well. Let us start with her quarters. I may be able to pick up her scent."


Rana then descends to Venenifer's room. She was not here long - but perhaps she has left us a trail.

She will examine the room, looking for signs of a struggle, or an indication of where she may have gone - if indeed she left willingly.

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100: [26] = 26 (rolling because she is searching this room specifically - SUCCESS)
Intelligence 44% 1d100: [68] = 68 (Determine if I know enough of Venenifer to theorize where she may have gone - FAIL)
Intelligence 44% 1d100: [58] = 58 (Deduce from anything found in search where she may have gone - FAIL)

If a natural search turns up no clues, Rana will use supernatural means instead - employing Object Reading on one of Ven's possessions (-10 ISP)
Impressions 58% 1d100: [68] = 68 (FAIL)
Images 50% 1d100: [20] = 20 (SUCCESS)
Present 40% 1d100: [96] = 96 (FAIL)
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 120/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 75/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Patches
Group Leader
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Re: Hell Blazers HQ

Post by Patches »

[Rolls Carried]

Patches head bobs up and down, mimicking the Ogres nod. ”Her room seems a wise starting location.” His movement to actually follow Raina is slow however- Patches seem highly reluctant to actually exert any physical effort; especially in the form of slithering. ”What can you tell me of you dragon? Did she enjoy the politics of Draconga? From my time there, the dragons seemed to enjoy making enemies of one another as much as they enjoyed playing ally.”

Patches will keep his mystical senses active as he searches not only the dragons room, but also the areas leading up to the room. He will pole his head through any doors or windows, using his abilities to read the area for signs of magic and/or rifts. These are nice facilities. A shame it is not Ley-Line bound. I wonder sort of name this outfit has for itself?

”This is a fine structure, that you call home. How did you come to do so? It was mentioned that your… group operates as a mercenary outfit. That is rare in these parts.I guess I see the need for an independent group capable of such dimensional wet-work. The politic of such in Atlantis of all places must be delicate.” Patches muses more to himself than his new companions.
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
P.P.E.: 153/153
I.S.P.: 47/51
M.D.C.: 21/21
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Hell Blazers HQ

Post by Lord of skulls »

Rolls held*

Conditions: None.

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.

patches wrote: ” I am called Patches the Legless. You seek a Dragon? I have seen many in my time. I assume you refer to a specific one.” ”Most on my planet reside in the city of Draconga.” ”I take it by my surroundings that I am no longer in the city of dragons.” ”If you sseek to find your dragon, I could be of assistance. But first we must come to an undersstanding.” ”I sserve no master, Sskullss. Not anymore. I have no intention to ever submit to a collar or cage again.” The Pythonans words grow long and lazy. ”Do you keep sslavess, Sskullss?” ”Does your dragon? If Sso, my pricess are steep.”
“I seek Venenifer, she is purple.” Skulls was expecting a threat. This is a negotiation. Feeling he is in unfarmilar waters, Skulls looks to Rana repeatedly, as he is carefully picks his words. “You are in the city of Splynn. I Skulls, was a slave twice, and do not keep slaves.”
Patches wrote:”You are a Troll, Yess? Are you familiar with my kind? I am Pythonan. As a speciess we are all powerful Psychics. Perssonally, I am also trained in the knowledge of Rifts and Ley Lines and how to manipulate them to my will. If your dragon has made use of teleportation by any meanss, I will know. If it is hiding, I will be able to sense its power. It is not easy for one so large to hide, if you know how to look.
What sort of business do you run, Skulls? And how might it be able to compensate me for such strenuous activity?” 
Lore: Demons & Monsters 60%= 1d1oo: [1] = 1 ( Knowledge of Pythonians. ) Crit. success

The Pythonian says it can sense Venenifer's power? I should look for her now. She might just be in her room.

Something in the core of his gut tells him otherwise. Skulls confirms proudly to the pythonian: I am a Troll. When Rana speaks, Skulls is obviously relieved. The troll will look about the room as he listens. He eyes the furnishings and tries to reestablish his situational awareness.
Rana wrote:She looks to Skulls, and then back to Patches. "Our Bajrak is small... it must stay small. But it has room for you, if you wish."
Skulls nods strongly in agreement, at Rana's offer.

Rana wisely sees this creature as a potential ally. Patches has answered my questions.
Patches wrote:"I will not bind myself to anyone or their cause yet, but I am willing to strike a compact: I shall aide you in finding your dragon. During such an endeavor, we shall see if our natures mesh in such a way to allow a long term arrangement." "It shall be an audition. For both you and I, to see if this relationship might be worth building upon."
Skulls will take his most controlled and friendly tone. "Patches, I find your offer of a compact pleasing. Should you aid us in finding Venenifer, I will owe a debt."

Skulls will follow Rana and Patches as they search for Venenifer. If Ven is not found in her room, Skulls will sweep the lower level for signs of what may have happened to their dragon.
Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: Hell Blazers HQ

Post by Sum of All Fears »

Date: October 23, 111PA
Time: 1304
Temp: 80F


With the departure of two of the group and the addition of the snake. Things are tense for a moment. While the conversation remains civil worry does begin to eat at the original members of the Hell Blazers. They quickly move to Ven’s room to see if they can locate her. Upon entering the room it is very clear there was some kind of altercation. There is blood and other things splashed about the room. Ven’s claw marks are visible on the floor and the walls. Parts of the walls are scored from Ven’s claws. It appears both her blood and the blood of others are both present.

Rana has trouble predicting where Ven may have been taken to. There is just too much chaos in the room. However Rana does find several things to object read. Rana is assailed by images of the incident. Twelve hooded figures subdued Ven in a vicious but quick fight. Rana can see some kind of magical restraints on Ven forcing her into her human form. Rana is about to come back when she gets an image of a bystander watching from an alley. It looks to be in the underground parts of Atlantis. Rana can make out what looks like a medical clinic in the background as the twelve hooded figures haul Ven past the clinic and out of sight. The man looked saddened by the action of the people.

Skulls and Patches can only look on in stunned silence as they can see the obvious brutality of the incident. Furry builds in Skulls chest as he realized these people struck at his home. He has only been with the hell Blasers a very short time, but this place was supposed to be safe.


It’s short but now you have something to go on...May the odds be ever in your favor...
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
User avatar
Patches
Group Leader
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Re: Hell Blazers HQ

Post by Patches »

Perception: 1d100<24: [35] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [10] = 10 | 1d20: [20] = 20
Track by Smell: 1d100<70: [86] = 0
Active Effects
  • Nightvision (Constant, no cost)
  • See Aura (Constant, no cost)
  • See the Invisible (Constant, no cost)
  • Telepathy (5(?) minutes)
  • See magic Energy: -1 action per round. Aura around anything possessing or emanating 20 PPE or more.works on everything up to but not Invisibility Superior. Line of Sight.
  • Sense A Rift: General direction only, any within 80 miles.
  • Sense Magic In Use: any within 300 feet, no direction or power sense
Patches fallows the others to the Venenifer room, taking the time to appreciate the buildings architecture. This is an impressive building. If we are not near a Ley Line, then the assailants method of entry and egress must have been more mundane than i first presumed... Patches mentally berates himself for jumping to conclusions.
Lord of skulls wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:20 pm “I seek Venenifer, she is purple.” Skulls was expecting a threat. This is a negotiation. Feeling he is in unfamiliar waters, Skulls looks to Rana repeatedly, as he is carefully picks his words. “You are in the city of Splynn. I Skulls, was a slave twice, and do not keep slaves.”
Back in Splynn, hm? ”I must admit I had intended to never return to this city… I was purchased from the markets as a hatchling. I have little memories of this place, but enough to have never wished to revisit the city.” Patches shares casually as they progress through the headquarters. He begins thinking about the situation he is in and the obvious solutions to it. ”As a mercenary company, I presume we have made a number of enemy’s? These would be my first ssusspectss in any direct action against uss.” Patches uses the second person perspective, hoping including himself in the situation in such a way will help the others feel more at ease with him. ”I have heard there is a market for dragons… Well, their pieces. I have always assumed such rumors were hearsay; to sell a dragon nail as an aphrodisiac seemed too much trouble for the result…” The snake makes a motion you assume to be a shrug as it bobs its head. “And then there is the rulers of this island. Does this Venenifer have any enemies amongst the Spluggorth or their servants?” Patches asks, trying to gain an adequate mental image of his new alliances and enemy’s- by association.
Lord of skulls wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:20 pmSkulls will take his most controlled and friendly tone. "Patches, I find your offer of a compact pleasing. Should you aid us in finding Venenifer, I will owe a debt."
”A debt will not be necessary, Skulls. Your trust and allegiance is what I seek, and also what I offer. We shall find this dragon of yours and ensure such a breach of security will be impossible to achieve again.” Upon seeing the chaos that is Venenifer’s room, Patches pauses. This might be more difficult than I first presumed. If they could subdue her by combat, we may be pressed to help this one. ”Your friend put up quite a fight.” Patches says softly.
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
P.P.E.: 153/153
I.S.P.: 47/51
M.D.C.: 21/21
User avatar
Rana
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Hell Blazers HQ

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100: [61] = 61

JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9
JIC: 1d100: [46] = 46

As she scrutinizes Ven's room, Rana listens to her companions, answering slowly, as if distracted - for she is distracted... by the hunt.
Patches wrote:”What can you tell me of you dragon? Did she enjoy the politics of Draconga? From my time there, the dragons seemed to enjoy making enemies of one another as much as they enjoyed playing ally.”
Without looking up from her search, Rana replies, "Venenifer is but a hatchling."
Patches wrote:”This is a fine structure, that you call home. How did you come to do so? It was mentioned that your… group operates as a mercenary outfit. That is rare in these parts. I guess I see the need for an independent group capable of such dimensional wet-work. The politic of such in Atlantis of all places must be delicate.
"Our first leader, Vortigern, procured it through a contact - Powerlord Jarnax - the very same one who it seems just tried to have us killed. We just returned from our first mission as a company. We have no enemies as a group - only as individuals."

Rana breathes deep the blood-scents she finds in the room, all the better to track her with. Good girl, Venenifer. You bled them. Unconsciously, she begins to feel hungry, and as she licks her lips she realizes with cold dread she is literally thirsty for blood.

After she uses her object reading ability, she shares her findings with the others. "They came in a group of twelve, hooded. Placed her into magical restraints, forcing her into human form. Carried her underground... at least one witness. They went by a medical center. I am confident if I see it again I will recognize it."

Rana turns to the others. "I have smelled Venenifer's blood and the blood of her captors - I can track them now. Gather your weapons and armor. We hunt."

Rana will re-arm herself and attempt to track Ven and her assailants by their blood scent. If at any point she loses the scent she will return to the last place she got a clear scent and work forward from there. She will couple her bloodhound ability with her skill at tracking people, all the while trying to keep an eye open for potential ambushes.

Track blood/death scent 68% 1d100: [37] = 37 (SUCCESS)
Track blood/death scent 68% 1d100: [100] = 100 (FAIL)
Track blood/death scent 68% 1d100: [99] = 99 (FAIL)

Detect Ambush 43% 1d100: [22] = 22 (SUCCESS)
Detect Ambush 43% 1d100: [13] = 13 (SUCCESS)
Detect Ambush 43% 1d100: [10] = 10 (SUCCESS)

Tracking: People 38% 1d100: [84] = 84 (FAIL)
Tracking: People 38% 1d100: [3] = 3 (CRIT SUCCESS)
Tracking: People 38% 1d100: [34] = 34 (SUCCESS)
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 120/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 75/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Patches
Group Leader
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Re: Hell Blazers HQ

Post by Patches »

[rolls carried]
Rana wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:02 am "Venenifer is but a hatchling."
Patches relaxes a little. He did not realize he had been tense, but the knowledge that the dragon in question was merely a hatchling gave the Pythonan some measure of comfort. whomever subdued this dragon does not possess godlike powers; merely near godlike. He watches as Rana begins her own otherworldly search of the dragons room. My claims in being able to track Venenifer might have been pointless bragging. I should not underestimate my new companions abilities.
Rana wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:02 am "Our first leader, Vortigern, procured it through a contact - Powerlord Jarnax - the very same one who it seems just tried to have us killed. We just returned from our first mission as a company. We have no enemies as a group - only as individuals."
”A dramatic response to patronage, though I am not surprised.” Slavers then? Or harvesters? Who would go through this sort of effort to take a dragon. Even a Hatchling is bound to be more hassle than they’re worth. If the Powerlord is behind the abduction…”We shall have to be prepared. If the Powerlord is indeed behind this abduction, our approach to saving Venenifer will be crucial to ensure our steble existence on the Island.”
Rana wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:02 amAfter she uses her object reading ability, she shares her findings with the others. "They came in a group of twelve, hooded. Placed her into magical restraints, forcing her into human form. Carried her underground... at least one witness. They went by a medical center. I am confident if I see it again I will recognize it."
”An organized group. I am guessing they will not be expecting an organized retaliation. If we are fast we may be able to catch them before they can achieve their goals. Are you familiar with this area?”
Rana wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:02 am "I have smelled Venenifer's blood and the blood of her captors - I can track them now. Gather your weapons and armor. We hunt."
Patches will bob his head, pleased. ”I too am familiarizing myself with her scent. We should be able to find her without issue. These abductors will prove to a benefit for us: We can make a proper example of them and ensure no one tries such again.” Patches leaves out the option of them not being able to save the hatchling.

Patches will make appoint to return to the room where he appeared and once again search for his belonging. Hopefully finding them, He will drop the bags of pillows and blankets in a safe corner of the room, Keeping the backpack and utility belt strapped to his wing board. Once the other two show themselves to be ready, Patches will slither up onto the Wingboard, wrapping his long body around the central parts of it is if it were a misshapen metal branch. The Rifter’s head will poke out of the top of his coiled body, towards the front, giving patches a perfect view of all in front of him and above him. Once situated comfortably, Patches will increase his altitude to 5 feet above the ground.

”You have spent more time in this city than I, So this is your hunting grounds. I shall follow your lead in this hunt. I shall aide where I can; I can be persuasive and may be able to gleam information from this witness you said exists.”
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
P.P.E.: 153/153
I.S.P.: 47/51
M.D.C.: 21/21
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Hell Blazers HQ

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception: 44 % = 1d100: [3] = 3
JIC :1d20: [19] = 19
JIC : 1d100: [39] = 39
Conditions: None.

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.


Skulls takes in Ven's room from the doorway. He watches Rana make use of the blood-scent.
Lucky Rana is like a wolf. I will not be able to track through the streets of Splynn. If Venenifer is even still in this city?
He looks at the floor and hallway for a clear bloody tracks, mostly out of habit. A boiling rage is growing, fueled by fear for Ven and his inability to fix the problem.

Tracking: People 50% = 1d100: [28] = 28
Rana wrote:
"They came in a group of twelve, hooded. Placed her into magical restraints, forcing her into human form. Carried her underground... at least one witness. They went by a medical center. I am confident if I see it again I will recognize it."
Skulls wishes he knew more about splynn and the factions who live within it. "Who were they?" Skulls growls. He does not expect an answer.
Rana wrote:"I have smelled Venenifer's blood and the blood of her captors - I can track them now. Gather your weapons and armor. We hunt."
“Those responsible for taking Venenifer will not live long enough to regret their actions. Let us bring death to their house.” Skulls states with malice.
Patches wrote:”We shall have to be prepared. If the Powerlord is indeed behind this abduction, our approach to saving Venenifer will be crucial to ensure our steble existence on the Island.”
Patches does have a point about tact. But, if she lives we must free her. We will find her, I will stack corpses until we do.
Patches wrote:”An organized group. I am guessing they will not be expecting an organized retaliation. If we are fast we may be able to catch them before they can achieve their goals. Are you familiar with this area?”
The Troll answers. "This city is still alien to me Patches. I wish that I had traveled it more, my only familiarity is with the slave pens."
Patches wrote:”I too am familiarizing myself with her scent. We should be able to find her without issue. These abductors will prove to a benefit for us: We can make a proper example of them and ensure no one tries such again.”
Yes, this pythonian will indeed be helpful.

He will then, thunder downstairs and deposit his bag and spear in his quarters. He will rejoin the group with shotgun in hand, ready to hunt. 
Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: Hell Blazers HQ

Post by Sum of All Fears »

Continue Posting here.
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
Post Reply

Return to “Atlantis Adventure Forum”