Betrayed!!!!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Post Reply
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Betrayed!!!!

Post by Sum of All Fears »

Date: October 23, 111PA
Time: 1320
Temp: 80F


The remaining Hell Blazers discuss their various opinions on the abduction along with the few facts they are able to glean. Skulls makes a short stop to deposit some unneeded gear at his room before rejoining Rana and Patches in the main Atrium of their HQ.

Rana is able to quickly begin tracking the abductors from the blood spilled. However it is quickly masked by the general traffic outside their building. Rana is able to keep track of them using more mundane tracking methods as it seems they stuck to mostly side streets, as to not draw too much attention to themselves. Rana keeps an eye out for potential ambushes. While there are some good places where they could be jumped from they make their way through the streets of Atlantis unmolested.

It takes the group about 15 minutes to reach the medical center Rana saw in her vision. The place is as run down as they come. The sign is askew and struggling to remain lit. The door opens before they reach it, as a small human scurrys out. The small man freezes for a moment seeing the well armed group. His eyes immediately go to the ground as he hurries past the Hell Blazers. A dark green skinned humanoid with orange eyes looks at the group from the doorway. Rana recognizes him as the man the group fled past in her vision.

Eshmun is finishing setting a broken arm. The poor man or something and received a massive beating from his master. Doing what little he can for the poor souls here, Eshmun can’t help but feel like he is trying to stop a dam burst with a bandaid. Still helping only seems right as he has the power to do so. A small amount of magic and the man’s arm is usable. Eshmun gently shows the man out when he is finished. Standing in front of the door are three well armed individuals.


Intro Eshmun… So now what are you doing?
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
User avatar
Eshmun
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:02 am

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Eshmun »

Perception 1d100: [8] = 8
JIC 1d20: [19] = 19
JIC 1d100: [68] = 68
I.S.P. Used: 6
Active Psi: See Aura

Eshmun sees the 3 in front of his makeshift clinic. Wiping down his hands he smiles and addresses the female assuming she is in charge. Being from a matriarchal society some habits die hard. “Afternoon Mistress, Are you or any of your members in need of healing?”

I hope they aren’t here to shake me down for ‘protection’ money, I still need to resupply. He worries to himself.

Expend 6 ISP to use “See Aura” to inspect his clearly not wounded newcomers to determine what he is dealing with.
I.S.P.: 48/54
Eshmun | EP Ledger | Other PC’s: Munzog
Stats and Abilities

PHYSICAL DATA
P.P.E.: 62/70
I.S.P.: 48/54
H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 38/38
M.D.C.: 110/110

Racial Abilities
Nightvision 500’
Fair to good reflexes
50% to track by scent (+5% to follow a blood scent)
65% to recognize common odors


Natural Abilities
Perception: 36%+3% per level 41% on Ley Line.
Charm/Impress: -20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 40%

60% +5%
The Psychic Sensitive is keenly aware of the world around him, thus, he or she feels or senses any major dis­turbances nearby. One such disturbance is the presence of supernatural evil. All supernatural beings radiate their alignment, most are evil. The Mystic can feel that evil like an icy chill cutting through him and tastes their vile thoughts like vomit. The sensation is unmistakable, costs no I.S.P., and is automatic, meaning the character does not have to open himself, nor be actively trying to sense anything. The evil washes over the Mystic, warning him like an alarm that supernatural evil is present. Range: Senses any supernatural evil within a 300’ radius, +20’ per additional level of experience starting with level two. However, the sensation is very general. The location and nature of the evil is unknown. To identify the cause and pinpoint its source, the psychic must open himself and use the "Sense Evil" psi-power. Along these same lines, the Mystic can sense when a person is possessed by a supernatural force, and can recognize magic enchantment. Base Abil­ity: 50% +5% per each additional level of experience.
RU pg. 118


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +0
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +6
Psionics (12+): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Possession: +2
Disease: +1

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 110

Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 8 hour duration per E-clip

Book Reference: p.122, DB2


NE-3 Slim-Line "Gambler" Revolver
  • Range: 200'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 3-round cylinder (NE-001PC)
  • Weight: 1 lb.
  • Features: Superior balance; highly concealable
  • Modifiers: +1 to strike on aimed shots; +20% to conceal; W.P. Handguns or W.P. Energy Pistol
  • Book Reference: p.24-25, DB8
User avatar
Rana
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100: [97] = 97

JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17
JIC: 1d100: [25] = 25

Rana, through a lucky combination of scent-tracking and old-fashioned hunting, manages to track venenifer and her abductors to the clinic she saw in her brief but instructive object reading attempt.

She raises a hand to call a brief halt to the hunt. The tall female ogre, scarred and tattooed with obscure clan markings, surveys the scene as if she has seen it before.

"Hold here. This is the clinic from my vision." The prey is ahead of us and moving fast - we cannot wait long but I must find the trail again.

Looking around, she sees the lone witness from her vision - a Staphra male, apparently. She considers how to approach him when he speaks.
Eshmun wrote:“Afternoon Mistress, Are you or any of your members in need of healing?”
"Not healing - not yet. We track a band of hooded men carrying one shackled young woman - you saw them pass this way. Did you see where they went?" She speaks with certainty, but without judgment - it is clear she knows beyond a doubt that he saw the assailants, but that she holds no blame for him for not acting against the dozen or so of them on behalf of a stranger. She probably wouldn't have either.

As she gives him time to answer, she attempts to pick up Venenifer's - or her abductors' - scent. Failing that, she attempts to pick up the more mundane signs of their passage.

Track blood/death scent 68% 1d100: [26] = 26 (SUCCESS)

Tracking: People 38% 1d100: [58] = 58 (FAIL)

If we find her, we must take steps to make our Khesh* secure. These men were able to walk in and take one of our Bajrak without cost to themselves. This cannot be allowed.

* Khesh - (n) campsite, home, cave. Wherever a Bajrak makes bivouac, either permanently or temporarily; (v) to make a campsite.
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 39/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Patches
Group Leader
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Patches »

Perception: 1d100<24: [15*] = 1
JIC: 1d100: [75] = 75 | 1d20: [3] = 3
Active Effects
  • Nightvision (Constant, no cost)
  • See Aura (Constant, no cost)
  • See the Invisible (Constant, no cost)
  • See magic Energy: -1 action per round. Aura around anything possessing or emanating 20 PPE or more.works on everything up to but not Invisibility Superior. Line of Sight.
  • Sense A Rift: General direction only, any within 80 miles.
  • Sense Magic In Use: any within 300 feet, no direction or power sense
Track by Smell: 1d100<70: [94] = 0

Patches floats along on his Wingboard, making sure to keep close to his new companions. These streets were dangerous for lone slavestock. I have never bothered to view Splynn before. Perhaps I should take this opportunity to familiarize myself with its layout… when I have the time. I will need to find a safe nexus nearby at the very least.
Rana wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:43 am"Hold here. This is the clinic from my vision." The prey is ahead of us and moving fast - we cannot wait long but I must find the trail again.
She is good. We will be an efficient mercenary company. Patches turns his eyes to the healer, using the powers of his Eye of Odin to read the healers aura. As he does so, he also looks around the groups immediate surrounds, looking for any signs, mundane or otherwise of the dragon or her captives.. His tongue flicks out of his mouth a few times, tasting the air and taking in the various scents lingering in the street.
Rana wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:43 am["Not healing - not yet. We track a band of hooded men carrying one shackled young woman - you saw them pass this way. Did you see where they went?" She speaks with certainty, but without judgment - it is clear she knows beyond a doubt that he saw the assailants, but that she holds no blame for him for not acting against the dozen or so of them on behalf of a stranger. She probably wouldn't have either.
Patches waits for the healer to respond before making his own voice known. He will extend his neck out a number of feet from the wingboard, not dismounting it fulley, simply stetching his face a number of feet closer to the man. ”You are a healer, yes? What Sskills have you that could aide a wounded dragon? She is young and has been taken in a most violent manner. Perhapss we may bring her back here once she hass been recovered?”
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
P.P.E.: 123/153
I.S.P.: 41/51
M.D.C.: 21/21
User avatar
Eshmun
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:02 am

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Eshmun »

Perception : Perception 1d100: [19] = 19
JIC: JIC 1d20: [16] = 16
JIC: JIC 1d100: [43] = 43

Rana wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:43 am Not healing - not yet. We track a band of hooded men carrying one shackled young woman - you saw them pass this way. Did you see where they went?"
A look of shock and then shame crosses Eshmun’s face. He lowers his head. ”Oh Gods. The woman. Yes i saw here she pleaded to me with her soul to help her. but there were so many robed figures, I lost my master to similar people. I froze. I am Sorry. ” Eshmun balls his fists as thoughts race through his mind NO! Not again. I will not let this happen again. Its not too late for their master.
“Please, Let me redeem myself, I saw them and I saw their route by here. I am coming with you.” Eshmun runs inside to the clinic grabs a satchel and some effects then closes the clinic.
Must hurry, no time no time. Eshmun’s frantic thoughts race as he comes out.
Patches wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:02 pm ”You are a healer, yes? What Sskills have you that could aide a wounded dragon? She is young and has been taken in a most violent manner. Perhapss we may bring her back here once she hass been recovered?”
Eshmun stops short as he comes face to face with the snake, his aura showing a strong magic and psionic presence. A Pythonan? I had met one long ago on a visit to one of masters colleague’s Eshmun shakes a memory that started to form and replies.
“She was a dragon? Have these robed bastards no honor? Bringing harm to a dragon is..is..madness.
I can heal your young dragon, I will come with you in case the situation is critical. They went that way we must hurry before the trail runs cold”
Eshmun points in the direction the group had went.
He sniffs the air looking for the scent of the large group of robed figures.

Track by smell 50% Track by smell 1d100: [74] = 74 fail!

Damn, they started cooking lunches i cant seem to get their scent. Eshmun muses as he falls in with the group.
Eshmun | EP Ledger | Other PC’s: Munzog
Stats and Abilities

PHYSICAL DATA
P.P.E.: 62/70
I.S.P.: 48/54
H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 38/38
M.D.C.: 110/110

Racial Abilities
Nightvision 500’
Fair to good reflexes
50% to track by scent (+5% to follow a blood scent)
65% to recognize common odors


Natural Abilities
Perception: 36%+3% per level 41% on Ley Line.
Charm/Impress: -20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 40%

60% +5%
The Psychic Sensitive is keenly aware of the world around him, thus, he or she feels or senses any major dis­turbances nearby. One such disturbance is the presence of supernatural evil. All supernatural beings radiate their alignment, most are evil. The Mystic can feel that evil like an icy chill cutting through him and tastes their vile thoughts like vomit. The sensation is unmistakable, costs no I.S.P., and is automatic, meaning the character does not have to open himself, nor be actively trying to sense anything. The evil washes over the Mystic, warning him like an alarm that supernatural evil is present. Range: Senses any supernatural evil within a 300’ radius, +20’ per additional level of experience starting with level two. However, the sensation is very general. The location and nature of the evil is unknown. To identify the cause and pinpoint its source, the psychic must open himself and use the "Sense Evil" psi-power. Along these same lines, the Mystic can sense when a person is possessed by a supernatural force, and can recognize magic enchantment. Base Abil­ity: 50% +5% per each additional level of experience.
RU pg. 118


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +0
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +6
Psionics (12+): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Possession: +2
Disease: +1

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 110

Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 8 hour duration per E-clip

Book Reference: p.122, DB2


NE-3 Slim-Line "Gambler" Revolver
  • Range: 200'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 3-round cylinder (NE-001PC)
  • Weight: 1 lb.
  • Features: Superior balance; highly concealable
  • Modifiers: +1 to strike on aimed shots; +20% to conceal; W.P. Handguns or W.P. Energy Pistol
  • Book Reference: p.24-25, DB8
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception: 44% = 1d100: [72] = 72
JIC 1d20: [3] = 3
JIC 1d100: [100] = 100

Conditions: None.

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.

Sum of all fears wrote:Date: October 23, 111PA
Time: 1320
Temp: 80F


The remaining Hell Blazers discuss their various opinions on the abduction along with the few facts they are able to glean. Skulls makes a short stop to deposit some unneeded gear at his room before rejoining Rana and Patches in the main Atrium of their HQ.

Rana is able to quickly begin tracking the abductors from the blood spilled. However it is quickly masked by the general traffic outside their building. Rana is able to keep track of them using more mundane tracking methods as it seems they stuck to mostly side streets, as to not draw too much attention to themselves. Rana keeps an eye out for potential ambushes. While there are some good places where they could be jumped from they make their way through the streets of Atlantis unmolested.

It takes the group about 15 minutes to reach the medical center Rana saw in her vision. The place is as run down as they come. The sign is askew and struggling to remain lit. The door opens before they reach it, as a small human scurrys out. The small man freezes for a moment seeing the well armed group. His eyes immediately go to the ground as he hurries past the Hell Blazers. A dark green skinned humanoid with orange eyes looks at the group from the doorway. Rana recognizes him as the man the group fled past in her vision.

Eshmun is finishing setting a broken arm. The poor man or something and received a massive beating from his master. Doing what little he can for the poor souls here, Eshmun can’t help but feel like he is trying to stop a dam burst with a bandaid. Still helping only seems right as he has the power to do so. A small amount of magic and the man’s arm is usable. Eshmun gently shows the man out when he is finished. Standing in front of the door are three well armed individuals.

The capture of Venenifer brought forth the primal emotions for the troll. As he followed Rana through the alleys and side streets his true lurking form was on display. muscles wound tight like a spring ready to snatch his prey. His own tracking methods seem out of place and poorly Suited for for the city of Splynn. He had been pleased to follow Rana. The churn that brought him into this situation weighed on the troll
Who came into our house? Without respect or fear of reprisal. Then, just took Ven.
Vivid memories of being a conservators pet flashed through the troll’s mind.
Am i even free now?
The shotgun gripped tightly in his armored hand brought reassurance.
I know i am free.
”Rana” wrote:"Hold here. This is the clinic from my vision." The prey is ahead of us and moving fast - we cannot wait long but I must find the trail again.
Rana’s hand signal cuts through his thoughts. Skulls stops, and grounds himself in their current location. He lifts the visor of his helmet, to take in the smell and sounds better as they approach. When he lays eyes on the Staphra, skulls will try to identify the species. The troll will take body language cues from Rana. If he has Vens blood on him, Rana would have know. He gets a pass on dismemberment.

Land Navigation 68% = 1d100 ( Location and rough heading using Splynn spire as his landmark. ): [78] = 78
Tracking: People 50% = 1d100 ( On the off chance, he does a scan for bloody tracks or some sign of robed group travel. ): [82] = 82
Lore: Demons & Monsters 60% = 1d100 ( Species ID Staphra. ): [7] = 7
”Rana” wrote:""Not healing - not yet. We track a band of hooded men carrying one shackled young woman - you saw them pass this way. Did you see where they went?"
He uses the time while Rana addresses the creature to light a cigarette. The cigarette, minuscule in between his armored fingers, is consumed in a few troll sized puffs.
The witness wrote:"Oh Gods. The woman. Yes i saw here she pleaded to me with her soul to help her. but there were so many robed figures, I lost my master to similar people. I froze. I am Sorry. ” “Please, Let me redeem myself, I saw them and I saw their route by here. I am coming with you.”
A flicker of rage crosses the trolls face at the description of Venenifer pleading. Skulls will ask of the healer: "What can you tell us of these robed men. Are they men , or beings ? Do you know their purpose? And,what should we call you ?"
Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
User avatar
Patches
Group Leader
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Patches »

[rolls carried]
Eshmun wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:40 pm“She was a dragon? Have these robed bastards no honor? Bringing harm to a dragon is..is..madness.I can heal your young dragon, I will come with you in case the situation is critical. They went that way we must hurry before the trail runs cold”
”You admire dragonss?” The tone in his voice is almost quizzical. Patches eyes the man and the shack he has just emerged from with his things. Even a healer needs protection and it seems he has little. Or is he actually that altruistic? Or worse? Patches considers his new comrades. He knew them barely any longer than this healer. And a healer is a valuable asset to have for a risk oriented organization. ”Who doesn’t? Sso much power Even from birth!”

As he speaks, Patches will eye the direction the Eshmun had indicated with a suspicious gaze, unwilling to fully trust the healer. The fact that his own senses seemed to be failing him now was aggravating the situation further.
Lord of skulls wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:02 pmA flicker of rage crosses the trolls face at the description of Venenifer pleading. Skulls will ask of the healer: "What can you tell us of these robed men. Are they men , or beings ? Do you know their purpose? And,what should we call you ?"
Patches draws back as Skulls begins his questioning, appreciating the hunters dedicated mind. We will be upon the enemy soon. I should be more focused on the current objective then securing the appropriate allies. He rests his head on the folds of his body above the wing board. He checks the charge on his pistol. Will this newcomer interfere with the work we will be doing tonight? I hope he is not so compassionate towards this dragons captors.
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
P.P.E.: 123/153
I.S.P.: 41/51
M.D.C.: 21/21
User avatar
Eshmun
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:02 am

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Eshmun »

Rolls carried over


Lord of skulls wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:02 pm "What can you tell us of these robed men. Are they men , or beings ? Do you know their purpose? And,what should we call you ?"
Eshmun stops short and blinks several times “oh my, I have forgotten my manners in all the rush. My name is Eshmun I am a Staphran healer. As for the robed figures i couldn’t discern any races . They had full hoods. They did have a particular crest on the right side of thier chest” Eshmun describes the crest and points to his right side to show where the crest was located. ”As for purpose i know not but nothing good i fear. They bullied their way thru here with weapons drawn and it took 3 of the 12 to move the heavily shackled dragoness.”
Patches wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:53 pm ”You admire dragonss?”
Eshmun turns to the snake and nods in agreement.
Patches wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:53 pm ”Who doesn’t? Sso much power Even from birth!”
“Indeed, they are such noble beings. That is why we must hurry. It will be incredibly difficult as well as dangerous for them to keep a powerful being contained for any length of time.”
he gestures towards the path ahead.
Eshmun | EP Ledger | Other PC’s: Munzog
Stats and Abilities

PHYSICAL DATA
P.P.E.: 62/70
I.S.P.: 48/54
H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 38/38
M.D.C.: 110/110

Racial Abilities
Nightvision 500’
Fair to good reflexes
50% to track by scent (+5% to follow a blood scent)
65% to recognize common odors


Natural Abilities
Perception: 36%+3% per level 41% on Ley Line.
Charm/Impress: -20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 40%

60% +5%
The Psychic Sensitive is keenly aware of the world around him, thus, he or she feels or senses any major dis­turbances nearby. One such disturbance is the presence of supernatural evil. All supernatural beings radiate their alignment, most are evil. The Mystic can feel that evil like an icy chill cutting through him and tastes their vile thoughts like vomit. The sensation is unmistakable, costs no I.S.P., and is automatic, meaning the character does not have to open himself, nor be actively trying to sense anything. The evil washes over the Mystic, warning him like an alarm that supernatural evil is present. Range: Senses any supernatural evil within a 300’ radius, +20’ per additional level of experience starting with level two. However, the sensation is very general. The location and nature of the evil is unknown. To identify the cause and pinpoint its source, the psychic must open himself and use the "Sense Evil" psi-power. Along these same lines, the Mystic can sense when a person is possessed by a supernatural force, and can recognize magic enchantment. Base Abil­ity: 50% +5% per each additional level of experience.
RU pg. 118


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +0
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +6
Psionics (12+): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Possession: +2
Disease: +1

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 110

Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 8 hour duration per E-clip

Book Reference: p.122, DB2


NE-3 Slim-Line "Gambler" Revolver
  • Range: 200'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 3-round cylinder (NE-001PC)
  • Weight: 1 lb.
  • Features: Superior balance; highly concealable
  • Modifiers: +1 to strike on aimed shots; +20% to conceal; W.P. Handguns or W.P. Energy Pistol
  • Book Reference: p.24-25, DB8
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Sum of All Fears »

Date: October 23, 111PA
Time: 1320
Temp: 80F


Introductions take place and Eshmun feels this is his chance to make something right. It’s his chance to act when he was unable to before. He can almost feel his old mentor smiling at him for his decision.

As the group makes their way onto the street from the clinic, everyone looks to pick up the trail again. Rana locks onto the scent of blood she had been following before. Yet it was not leading her down the alley. The scent was wafting down from above. Rana sees three hooded individuals, one on the right and two on the left, in the process of readying rifles in their direction!! Had Rana not caught their scent she is sure the Hell Blazers would have been shot in the back with no warning.

Rana sees one fire and is suddenly covered in something warm and wet. With a sickening Thump! ColdCenter splashes down in his own blood missing half of his head.


Combat Time!!! Map to follow soon...
Attachments
Clinic Alley Working.png
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
User avatar
Patches
Group Leader
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Patches »

Perception: 1d100<24: [54] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [50] = 50 | 1d20: [12] = 12
Active Effects
  • Nightvision (Constant, no cost)
  • See Aura (Constant, no cost)
  • See the Invisible (Constant, no cost)
  • Sense A Rift: General direction only, any within 80 miles.
  • Sense Magic In Use: any within 300 feet, no direction or power sense
When Patches sees one of his new companions fall, the Pythonan will hiss in the shots originating direction. It is to be expected that they had lookouts watching their backs. If we are quick, we may be able to avoid alerting Venenifer’s captors. To loose someone so soon is a black mark on this new relationship we are building ”Ssilence these lookouts quick, but protect yourselvess, we will not loose another. We are closing in on our target!

Patches begins by muttering a few potent words of power creating a bubble of protective energy around himself and any of his allies within an 8 foot diameter of his position. He will then Mutter a hex of clumsiness, directing the magical spell at their nearest energy. If it seems the enemies barrage of weapon fire is too much for his Energy Field and it is about to collapse, Patches will divert his plans and secure his protections by summoning his own personal armor of Ithan. While making sure the wingboard is not a sitting duck and staying mobile in the air, Patches will let loose with the onboard Electrical Blaster, targeting the enemy with least cover.

  • Initiative: 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21
  • 1d100<91: [23*] = 1
    :23, Pass
  • Action 1: Energy Field: +60 MDC bubble around as much of the team as possible, -10 P.P.E.
  • Action 2:Befuddle: Targeting nearest enemy. Spell Strength 13.
  • Contingency: If the Energy Field has taken more than 50 MD:Armor of Ithan: +30 MDC shield, -10 P.P.E.
  • Action 3:
    1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18 4d6: [5, 2, 4, 4] = 15 MDC
    at open target within range (2,000 feet): 18, 15MD
  • Contingency: If the Energy Field has taken more than 50 MD:Armor of Ithan: +30 MDC shield, -10 P.P.E.
  • Action 4:
    1d20+5: [9]+5 = 14
    : 14
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
P.P.E.: 123/153
I.S.P.: 41/51
M.D.C.: 21/21
User avatar
Rana
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100: [8] = 8

JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8
JIC: 1d100: [58] = 58
Eshmun wrote:”Oh Gods. The woman. Yes i saw here she pleaded to me with her soul to help her. but there were so many robed figures, I lost my master to similar people. I froze. I am Sorry. Please, Let me redeem myself, I saw them and I saw their route by here. I am coming with you.”
Rana looks to the others, then back to the staphra. "I hope you can fight."
Eshmun wrote:"They went that way we must hurry before the trail runs cold.”
Rana attempts to find the trail anew.

Track blood/death scent 68% 1d100: [80] = 80 (FAIL)

Tracking: People 38% 1d100: [30] = 30 (SUCCESS)

She notes the now-familiar smell coming from... above? But too late, as they kill Coldcenter without hesitation.

"Three! The roofs!" Rana springs into action. Taking the life of a member of one's Bajrak demands the same in turn, and Rana intends to extract this price. Rana pulls out her energy pistol and opens fire, seeking cover in the clinic's doorway (pushing Eshumn aside if need be). From there she opens up with bursts on the three rooftop assassins.

Initiative 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21

APM: 7

Action 1: Move to doorway; Fire burst 1d20+6: [13]+6 = 19 ; Damage 6d6: [3, 2, 5, 5, 5, 6] = 26 MD
Action 2: Fire burst 1d20+6: [10]+6 = 16 ; Damage 6d6: [4, 4, 6, 2, 2, 6] = 24 MD
Action 3: Fire burst 1d20+6: [8]+6 = 14 ; Damage 6d6: [5, 5, 5, 4, 5, 2] = 26 MD
Action 4: Fire burst 1d20+6: [6]+6 = 12 ; Damage 6d6: [4, 2, 1, 4, 4, 6] = 21 MD
Action 5: Fire burst 1d20+6: [20]+6 = 26 (Nat. 20!); Damage 6d6: [1, 1, 1, 4, 6, 5] = 18 MD X2 = 36 MD
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11

If the enemy close ranks to melee range, she will switch to her Vibro-Claws and engage them with bloody fury.

Contingent Action 2: slash with vibro claws 1d20+7: [9]+7 = 16 ; Damage 3d6: [6, 6, 1] = 13 MD
Contingent Action 3: slash with vibro claws 1d20+7: [1]+7 = 8 ; Damage 3d6: [4, 5, 2] = 11 MD
Contingent Action 4: slash with vibro claws 1d20+7: [13]+7 = 20 ; Damage 3d6: [2, 5, 4] = 11 MD
Contingent Action 5: slash with vibro claws 1d20+7: [10]+7 = 17 ; Damage 3d6: [5, 1, 4] = 10 MD

Parries (if needed): 1) 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 ; 2) 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21 ; 3) 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 ; 4) 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20 ; 5) 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 ; 6) 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 ; 7) 1d20+8: [18]+8 = 26
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 39/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception 44% = 1d100: [20] = 20
JIC 1d20: [12] = 12
JIC 1d100: [52] = 52
Conditions: None.

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.
Sum of All Fears wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:21 pm Date: October 23, 111PA
Time: 1320
Temp: 80F

Introductions take place and Eshmun feels this is his chance to make something right. It’s his chance to act when he was unable to before. He can almost feel his old mentor smiling at him for his decision.

As the group makes their way onto the street from the clinic, everyone looks to pick up the trail again. Rana locks onto the scent of blood she had been following before. Yet it was not leading her down the alley. The scent was wafting down from above. Rana sees three hooded individuals, one on the right and two on the left, in the process of readying rifles in their direction!! Had Rana not caught their scent she is sure the Hell Blazers would have been shot in the back with no warning.

Rana sees one fire and is suddenly covered in something warm and wet. With a sickening Thump! ColdCenter splashes down in his own blood missing half of his head.
Skull’s rage boils to the surface as he takes in ColdCenter’s carcass.ColdCenter’s fight is over, not enslaved and injured.Rana and I stand little chance of holding our home if we can’t protect our Barajak. ColdCenter will be avenged. Venenifer freed. If she is still alive. We must retaliate ...to survive
Retaliation is a luxury that the Troll has rarely had. Venenifer’s capture has awoken a lake of anger. As he sees it, Venn’s slavery has come to represent the Troll’s own freedom.
Rana wrote:"Three! The roofs!"
Heading Rana’s guidance Skulls will look upwards for his enemies as he slams the visor on his helmet down. Skill Roll: Detect Ambush: 50% = 1d100: [7] = 7 A loud aggressive Troll noise ensues: "Grrroooarrrr.".

Growling Skulls will charge the north-most target. Once he is clear of his teammates, Skulls will fire at the target with his shotgun as he crosses the distance between them. Skulls will be committed to reaching his target’s personal space. His sloppy use of the shotgun while running, will be an attempt to keep the robed attacker on defense. The Troll will Jump or climb to his target, whatever he has to do. No defensive action will be taken by the troll.

Initiative = 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10

Action 1 :Visor down target acquisition
Action 2 : firing shotgun : 1d20-4 / Damage: 2d4: [17]-4+[4, 3] = 20 Strike: 13 / damage: 7
Action 3 : firing shotgun : 1d20-4 / Damage: 2d4: [1]-4+[4, 2] = 3 Strike: -3 (Nat. 1) / damage:6
Action 4 : firing shotgun : 1d20-4 / Damage: 2d4: [14]-4+[2, 1] = 13 Strike: 10 / damage: 3
Action 5 :Charging towards his target.
Action 6 and 7 :Any necessary movements to reach his target’s personal space. Jumping or climbing as needed. Skill roll: Climbing: 130% = 1d100: [36] = 36 , Skill roll: Climbing: 130% = 1d100: [76] = 76


Contingency: If Skulls can not locate the robed bastards, he will fire on them as they appear. He will take careful shots and dodge fire directed at him. This contingency would also apply, if Skulls can not physically reach the robed attackers.

Action 1 Visor down target acquisition
Action 2/ 3 : Aimed Shot with shotgun : 1d20+5 / Damage : 2d4: [3]+5+[4, 1] = 13 Strike: 8 / damage: 5
Action 4/ 5 : Aimed Shot with shotgun : 1d20+5 / Damage : 2d4: [16]+5+[3, 3] = 27 Strike:21 / damage: 6
Action 6/ 7 : Aimed Shot with shotgun : 1d20+5 / Damage : 2d4: [13]+5+[4, 3] = 25 Strike:18 / damage: 7

Dodges: Dodge = 1d20+5: [17]+5 = 22 , Dodge = 1d20+5: [20]+5 = 25 , Dodge = 1d20+5: [17]+5 = 22 , Dodge = 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17
Patches wrote:”Ssilence these lookouts quick, but protect yourselvess, we will not loose another. We are closing in on our target!”
He hears The Pythonians resolve.we will not. The troll thinks in agreement.
Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
User avatar
Eshmun
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:02 am

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Eshmun »

Perception 1d100: [96] = 96
JIC 1d20: [6] = 6
JIC 1d100: [89] = 89
Shield 110/110
P.P.E.: 62/70

Eshmun gives a yelp then pulls back into the doorway. So much violence, so quickly. he watches the team spring into action.
Lord of skulls wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:07 pm Grrroooarrrr."
Rana wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:43 am "Three! The roofs!"
Eshmun looks up surprised seeing 2 hooded figures on the edge of the roof holding rifle’s
Patches wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:20 pm ”Ssilence these lookouts quick, but protect yourselvess, we will not loose another. We are closing in on our target!
Eshmun looks to the fallen member and does a visual inspection realizes there is no treatment for the fallen man. Then with a flash of anger looks up to the man above. With a flourish and mutterings of the arcane he begins focusing on the head of the man on the roof. Attempting to pull the man off the roof. Following the attempt he then reaches onto his belt and pushes a button on a large device covering his body in an energy field. Eshmun will finally pull a pistol and shoot the next target.


Initiative 1d20: [9] = 9

4 actions:

Action 1: Holistic Diagnostics 1d100: [59] = 59 60% determines the shot was instantly fatal.

Action 2: spend 8 P.P.E to cast Telekinesis then target a robed figure on the roof and apply full force to pull at his head to get him to fall off or at the very least disrupt his shooting.
-8 P.P.E 62/70

Action 3: Activate force shield 110 MDC protection.

Action 4: Draw NE-3 pistol and fire at next available target.
NE-3 NE-3 1d20+2: [18]+2 = 20 Damage 3d6: [6, 6, 4] = 16



Eshmun | EP Ledger | Other PC’s: Munzog
Stats and Abilities

PHYSICAL DATA
P.P.E.: 62/70
I.S.P.: 48/54
H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 38/38
M.D.C.: 110/110

Racial Abilities
Nightvision 500’
Fair to good reflexes
50% to track by scent (+5% to follow a blood scent)
65% to recognize common odors


Natural Abilities
Perception: 36%+3% per level 41% on Ley Line.
Charm/Impress: -20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 40%

60% +5%
The Psychic Sensitive is keenly aware of the world around him, thus, he or she feels or senses any major dis­turbances nearby. One such disturbance is the presence of supernatural evil. All supernatural beings radiate their alignment, most are evil. The Mystic can feel that evil like an icy chill cutting through him and tastes their vile thoughts like vomit. The sensation is unmistakable, costs no I.S.P., and is automatic, meaning the character does not have to open himself, nor be actively trying to sense anything. The evil washes over the Mystic, warning him like an alarm that supernatural evil is present. Range: Senses any supernatural evil within a 300’ radius, +20’ per additional level of experience starting with level two. However, the sensation is very general. The location and nature of the evil is unknown. To identify the cause and pinpoint its source, the psychic must open himself and use the "Sense Evil" psi-power. Along these same lines, the Mystic can sense when a person is possessed by a supernatural force, and can recognize magic enchantment. Base Abil­ity: 50% +5% per each additional level of experience.
RU pg. 118


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +0
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +6
Psionics (12+): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Possession: +2
Disease: +1

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 110

Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 8 hour duration per E-clip

Book Reference: p.122, DB2


NE-3 Slim-Line "Gambler" Revolver
  • Range: 200'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 3-round cylinder (NE-001PC)
  • Weight: 1 lb.
  • Features: Superior balance; highly concealable
  • Modifiers: +1 to strike on aimed shots; +20% to conceal; W.P. Handguns or W.P. Energy Pistol
  • Book Reference: p.24-25, DB8
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Sum of All Fears »

Date: October 23, 111PA
Time: 1320
Temp: 80F

The hell Blazers jump into action as the firefight gets rolling. Patches creates a small MD barrier that is promptly shattered by a burst of laser fire from Assassin 2. Patches Turns his own AOI on just in time for it to intercept a shot from Assassin 3. Patches only sees two people left on the roofs. As it appears one was pulled down to street level. Patches Fires on Assassin 3 scoring a hit but his energy blast is stopped by a familiar spell, It seems the bad guys have AOI as well.

Rana Takes cover in the doorway of the clinic and fires at Assassin 2. Her shots strike true but are dissipated by an AOI spell. Rana casually leans back to avoid his return shot. The triple burst blasts a hole in the wall next to Rana. That weapon packs a punch. Rana and Assassin 2 trade shots. Rana sees Assassin 2’s AOI shatter as a triple burst finds its make slamming into Rana’s chest. Before Rana can react something slams into her left leg dropping her to the ground. From the ground Rana fires one last time at Assassin 2 her plasma bolts burning through his head and dropping him out of sight.

Skulls drops his visor and begins looking for targets when one falls right in front of him. As the man gets his feet under him Skulls drops him back onto his ass with a shotgun blast to the chest. From the ground the man throws a knife at Skulls. The knife impacts Skull’s shotgun with considerable force. Not intending to, Skull's pulls the trigger, sending a blast into Rana’s Left leg and dumping her to the ground. Skull’s recovers and blasts the prone man back into the wall.

Eshmun uses his TK abilities to toss Assassin 1 down to the ground. Eshmun focuses on activating his defenses before returning fire Scoring a hit on Assassin 1. His shot is dispersed like the rest of them by the AOI surrounding the man.


Yay...Combat. People shooting and dieing...good times...


Butcher Bill:
Rana- (-36 MD Main Body; -6 MD Left Leg; -8 shots NE-8SL)
Skulls- (-3 shots Shotgun)
Patches- (-30 PPE, AOI currently at 30/30; -1 Wingboard shot)
Eshmin- (-1 Shot NE-3, -8 PPE)
Niki-
Attachments
Clinic Alley Working.png
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
User avatar
Patches
Group Leader
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Patches »

1d100<24: [77] = 0
Fail
JIC: 1d100: [13] = 13 | 1d20: [11] = 11
Active Effects
  • Nightvision (Constant, no cost)
  • See Aura (Constant, no cost)
  • See the Invisible (Constant, no cost)
  • Sense A Rift: General direction only, any within 80 miles.
  • Sense Magic In Use: any within 300 feet, no direction or power sense
  • Armor of Ithan (165/180 seconds): 30/30 MDC
The skirmish breaks out in full, violent force. Patches is pleased to see his allies prove as capable as their first impressions made them out to be. We are strong. We will be stronger together. Even the healer seems willing to side with us. We should promote that allegiance. His skills will aide us well. Patches' long term musings are broken as he reassess the battle. Were they here to jump us? Or just to silence Eshmun for witnessing their escape? No matter. I shall learn the truth. All of it.

Almost casually, the wingboard the Pythonan is wrapped around floats upwards, towards the rooftops and Assassin 3. ”Hello, Friend.” Patches whispers between flicks of his tongue. The sentient snake stretches sinuously as he raises his face and upper torso away from the wing board to bring his muzzle inches from the assassins nose. His tongue slicks out, smelling the would be killer.

In a flash, Patches stretches out and away from the wingboard. At the same time, the wingboard begins to spin on its axis, unspooling the Pythnonan in a much faster manner than he had first mounted the Tech-Wizard device. As he pulls himself off of the wingboard, he wraps himself around Assassin 3, enveloping the attacker in his coils, as constrictors do. After a number of faster than expected movements from the Patches, Assassin 3 finds itself completely wrapped by Patches, once again face to face with the snake. Patches glances down onto the street and calls: ”Deal with the othersss. I will keep this one alive. For now.”

He looks back at his prey. ”Now, tell me, friend: Who would treat you so carelessly as to send you to die by my hand?” His voice is calm and friendly, as if he were talking to a child or puppy. Patches begins the slow process of squeezing; every struggle form his captive gives his coils another inch to wrap tighter. His head hovers in front of the Assassins, forcing the figure to maintain eye contact with him.
1d100<15: [3*] = 1
Pass
1d100<15: [66] = 0
Fail


Action 1:
Pilot Wingboard: 1d100<91: [66*] = 1
up to roof level.
Actions 2 & 3:
EP CRIT: 20+1= 21
CRIT! 21 | Target is pinned and cannot fight back.
Action 4: Conditional: A: If Armor of Ithan breaks or has taken more than half damage, Patches activates
60 M.D.C. Force Field, 15 minutes. -10 I.S.P.
.
Action 4 B: Otherwise, Patches activates
Read Surface Thoughts of target, 6 minutes. -4 I.S.P.
, focusing on his captive.
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
P.P.E.: 123/153
I.S.P.: 41/51
M.D.C.: 21/21
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception 44% = 1d100: [18] = 18
Pass
JIC : 1d20: [19] = 19
JIC : 1d100: [50] = 50
Conditions: None.

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.

The troll knows how to use nature to his advantage, and how to kill. Skulls is a hunter, not a hardened gunfighter. He knows what he has done. Without turning, Skulls growls : "Rana? Are you ok?" Despite the rage in his voice, his concern is clear. Skulls switches the shotgun to his left hand , and will assault Assassin 1 with his armored right fist. The troll will block escape, if possible, by forcing his adversary against the wall. Skulls will gauge his enemy while he attacks.
Is it human? Reliant on weapons, or a threat on its own? Armored?
Patches wrote:”Deal with the othersss. I will keep this one alive. For now.”

Skulls hears the pythonian from above him. He has struck. Getting information will be useful.
Skulls continues vigorously striking at the assassin before him. The troll's fluid blows probe at his robed opponent with intent to kill. Skull's gaze is pure murder.
I will crush your bones Assassin. Crush them for ColdCenter and Venn. So that the others, will know what is coming for them.


Initiative = 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15
Action 1 : Grips shotgun with his left hand.
Action 2 : Strike with fist = 1d20: [19] = 19 , 21 , Damage = 5d6: [3, 4, 3, 1, 4] = 15
Action 3 : Strike with fist = 1d20: [14] = 14 , 16 , Damage = 5d6: [2, 6, 1, 6, 4] = 19
Action 4 : Strike with fist = 1d20: [15] = 15 , 17 , Damage = 5d6: [1, 2, 5, 5, 4] = 17
Action 5 : Strike with fist = 1d20: [6] = 6 , 8 , damage = 5d6: [5, 3, 3, 4, 5] = 20
Action 6 : Strike with fist = 1d20: [19] = 19 , 21 , Damage = 5d6: [2, 3, 3, 6, 6] = 20
Action 7 : Strike with fist = 1d20: [15] = 15 , 17 , Damage = 5d6: [3, 5, 2, 2, 6] = 18
*W/added Strike bonus of +2

Parries as needed :
Parry = 1d20: [2] = 2 8, Parry = 1d20: [1] = 1 Nat. 1, Parry = 1d20: [8] = 8 14 , Parry = 1d20: [8] = 8 14 , Parry = 1d20: [3] = 3 9 , Parry = 1d20: [13] = 13 19 , Parry = 1d20: [9] = 9 15.
*W/added Parry bonus of +6
Last edited by Lord of skulls on Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
User avatar
Eshmun
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:02 am

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Eshmun »

Perception 1d100: [24] = 24
JIC 1d20: [18] = 18
JIC 1d100: [36] = 36
Initiative: 9
Active Effect:
Force field MDC: 110/110

Chaos erupting around him Eshmun focuses on his target he pulls a man from the roof then shoots him.
He sees the rippling of a familiar shield around him. Armor of Ithan. Explains why they were only in robes Eshmun muses. The doorway splinters as a barrage lands from across the street.
Lord of skulls wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:45 pm "Rana? Are you ok?"
Eshmun turns from lining up a shot to see Rana on the ground. He stops and moves to Rana. How bad is it? Can you move? Eshmun inspects the wounds. Holistic Diagnostic 1d100: [50] = 50 60% Success
After inspecting her leg and side determines it’s not critical or life threatining and needs to eliminate the threat first. He raises his pistol once more and fires at the robed figure he pulled from the rooftop.
Combat Data

P.P.E.: 62/70
I.S.P.: 48/54
H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 38/38
M.D.C.: 110/110

Actions: 4

Action 1: Holistic medicine diagnostic roll 60% pass

Action 2:To Strike Pistol 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21 Pistol Dmg 3d6: [2, 1, 1] = 4 Target: assassin 1

Action 2: To strike Pistol 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6 Pistol Dmg 3d6: [4, 6, 1] = 11 Target: assassin 1

Action 3: Reload pistol

Action 4: if target is still up To Strike Pistol 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3 Pistol Dmg 3d6: [3, 3, 4] = 10 Target: assassin1
Action 4: alternate if target is down tend to Rana.
Eshmun | EP Ledger | Other PC’s: Munzog
Stats and Abilities

PHYSICAL DATA
P.P.E.: 62/70
I.S.P.: 48/54
H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 38/38
M.D.C.: 110/110

Racial Abilities
Nightvision 500’
Fair to good reflexes
50% to track by scent (+5% to follow a blood scent)
65% to recognize common odors


Natural Abilities
Perception: 36%+3% per level 41% on Ley Line.
Charm/Impress: -20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 40%

60% +5%
The Psychic Sensitive is keenly aware of the world around him, thus, he or she feels or senses any major dis­turbances nearby. One such disturbance is the presence of supernatural evil. All supernatural beings radiate their alignment, most are evil. The Mystic can feel that evil like an icy chill cutting through him and tastes their vile thoughts like vomit. The sensation is unmistakable, costs no I.S.P., and is automatic, meaning the character does not have to open himself, nor be actively trying to sense anything. The evil washes over the Mystic, warning him like an alarm that supernatural evil is present. Range: Senses any supernatural evil within a 300’ radius, +20’ per additional level of experience starting with level two. However, the sensation is very general. The location and nature of the evil is unknown. To identify the cause and pinpoint its source, the psychic must open himself and use the "Sense Evil" psi-power. Along these same lines, the Mystic can sense when a person is possessed by a supernatural force, and can recognize magic enchantment. Base Abil­ity: 50% +5% per each additional level of experience.
RU pg. 118


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +0
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +6
Psionics (12+): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Possession: +2
Disease: +1

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 110

Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 8 hour duration per E-clip

Book Reference: p.122, DB2


NE-3 Slim-Line "Gambler" Revolver
  • Range: 200'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 3-round cylinder (NE-001PC)
  • Weight: 1 lb.
  • Features: Superior balance; highly concealable
  • Modifiers: +1 to strike on aimed shots; +20% to conceal; W.P. Handguns or W.P. Energy Pistol
  • Book Reference: p.24-25, DB8
User avatar
Rana
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100: [41] = 41

JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11
JIC: 1d100: [62] = 62

Rana hisses in pain as she feels the blast tear through her leg, and she falls to the ground with a thud. As she drags herself to the door frame to continue fighting, she hears...
Skulls wrote: "Rana? Are you ok?"
She lines up her pistol with the remaining adversary across the street, and spits "It will heal!" As Eshmun comes to administer to her, she will allow him as long as he doesn't spoil her shots.

We bind the wounds when the enemy are dead - Not while there is blood left to draw!

While he works, she shoots at the enemy. "There is one more on this side of the street but from my vantage I cannot take him!"

Initiative 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9

APM: 7

Action 1: Drag self to door frame, resume combat position
Action 2: Fire burst 1d20+6: [15]+6 = 21 ; Damage 6d6: [3, 4, 4, 1, 1, 1] = 14 MD
Action 3: Fire burst 1d20+6: [18]+6 = 24 ; Damage 6d6: [2, 3, 6, 4, 1, 4] = 20 MD
Action 4: Fire burst 1d20+6: [20]+6 = 26 (Nat. 20!); Damage 6d6: [6, 5, 2, 4, 5, 5] = 27 MD X 2 = 54 MD
Action 5: Fire burst 1d20+6: [12]+6 = 18 ; Damage 6d6: [2, 6, 2, 2, 1, 5] = 18 MD
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge (if able) 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge (if able) 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20

If the enemy close ranks to melee range, she will switch to her Vibro-Claws and engage them with bloody fury.

Contingent Action 2: slash with vibro claws 1d20+7: [13]+7 = 20 ; Damage 3d6: [4, 2, 3] = 9 MD
Contingent Action 3: slash with vibro claws 1d20+7: [3]+7 = 10 ; Damage 3d6: [5, 1, 4] = 10 MD
Contingent Action 4: slash with vibro claws 1d20+7: [15]+7 = 22 ; Damage 3d6: [2, 5, 6] = 13 MD
Contingent Action 5: slash with vibro claws 1d20+7: [12]+7 = 19 ; Damage 3d6: [2, 5, 1] = 8 MD

Parries (if needed): 1) 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 ; 2) 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 ; 3) 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 ; 4) 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 ; 5) 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 ; 6) 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 ; 7) 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 39/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Sum of All Fears »

Date: October 23, 111PA
Time: 1320:30
Temp: 80F


Rana, shocked at the pain from getting knocked down, looks to see her leg is fine. There are small divots in her armor but no lasting damage to herself. Dragging herself to the doorway Rana gets to her feet. She has trouble targeting Assassin 1 due to her comrades in her way. However for just a moment she sees an opening and fires.

Eshmun quickly checks Rana and is relieved to find only her armor was damaged and she was only knocked down due to the force of the shotgun blast. Eshmun is able to see a small opening to fire at Assassin 1 without hitting Skulls. Eshmun is able to get off one shot before Skulls blocks his line of fire.

Skulls, made that his shotgun was deflected into his allies moves in for melee combat. Skulls shows no mercy as the man attempts to stand and defend himself. Skulls fists spark of the AOI surrounding the man as he desperately attempts to defect the blows raing down on him. Just as the AOI shatters a plasma bolt slams into the man’s head and burrows into the wall. Terror and shock permanently engraved on his face as his body slumps to the ground.

Patches springs, literally, into action and binds up Assassin 2 with his own body. One of the few things he is more effective than anyone at is binding opponents. As Patches pins the man, Patches activates Telepathy to read the man’s thoughts.
Thoughts
  • What the hell? I can't move!
  • There was only supposed to be one doctor, where did these heavy hitters come from?
  • Shit, Shit, Shit!
The man only seems to glare at Patches, but Patches knows better. The man is very clearly trying to cover his fear.

Niki:

Niki had been pursuing leads on her missing family for several days. Most of them coming up dry or obvious traps laid by slavers look to capture her. Having to live in the slums of Atlantis avoiding the slaver patrols looking for vagrants they could capture and sell. At one point the street urchins had talked about a group of slavers which had captured a beautiful woman. While Niki initially wanted to disregard this information, as it was nearly as commonplace as breathing, a few details caught her attention. The urchins mentioned the group had not taken the woman to the usual slave traders. Instead they had gone further into the slums. Places further away from the normal slaver trade areas. This sparked Niki’s interest as she might be able to locate information regarding her family. A group that was avoiding the normal slave channels, that was something good to look into.

Niki began tracking down the group. She had heard they had made their way past a local medical clinic. Hoping to pick up the trail Niki made her way to the medical clinic. As she got closer she could hear weapons fire coming from the clinic area. Niki hurried over to the alley, As she peaks around the corner, she can see a slaver laying dead in the alley, a group of well armed individuals appear to be defending the medical clinic, and a second slaver on the roof who seems to be alive and bound by a very large snake.


Welcome Niki...Combat is over...Unless you guys decide to shoot your new group member...




Butcher Bill:
Rana- (-36 MD Main Body; -6 MD Left Leg; -10 shots NE-8SL)
Skulls- (-3 shots Shotgun)
Patches- (-30 PPE, AOI currently at 30/30; -1 Wingboard shot)
Eshmin- (-2 Shots NE-3, -8 PPE)
Niki-
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
User avatar
Patches
Group Leader
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Patches »

1d110<24: [35] = 0
:FAIL
JIC: 1d100: [13] = 13 | 1d20: [3] = 3
  • Nightvision (Constant, no cost)
  • See the Invisible (Constant, no cost)
  • Sense A Rift: General direction only, any within 80 miles.
  • Sense Magic In Use: any within 300 feet, no direction or power sense
  • See magic Energy: -1 action per round. Aura around anything possessing or emanating 20 PPE or more.works on everything up to but not Invisibility Superior. Line of Sight.
  • Armor of Ithan (150/180 seconds): 30/30 MDC
  • Telepathy: 5:45/6:00


Wrapped around the would be murderer, Patches continues to talk soothingly to the man, ensuring his new prey is forced to maintain eye contact. He will activate
  • Range:12 feet, with eye contact.
  • Duration:Varies, rarely more than a few hours.
  • I.S.P.:6 per idea.
  • Saving Throw:Standard
The power of suggestion is a psychically boosted form of simple hypnosis. The power is limited to relaxing/calming somebody down, putting a person or animal in a light sleep, helping a person to relax and focus on a particular thought (good for helping someone to remember things) and implanting subtle ideas. The implanting or "suggestion" of an idea must be subtly worked into a verbal comment. The suggestion must be kept simple and clear, such as "You know you can trust me." or "You feel like you have a fever." or "You don't want to go there." The power of suggestion can also be used to make the victim imagine sounds and images. "Did you hear that? Listen! Footsteps. You hear the footsteps... yes, you do!" Or, "At midnight the specter appears. Everybody who is ever present sees the specter at midnight." The poor individual who fails his saving throw will indeed imagine he sees something at midnight or hears footsteps.
. ”I am your friend. You are safe.” Patches tightens his coils. He knows the assassins armor spell is preventing any actual harm to the assassin; He could not hope to deal enough damage to hope to break the spell. However, that did no stop the snake from immobilizing his target; he could wait for the spell to disappear of its own accord.”Tell me, friend. Why were you trying to kill this healer? And where have your assssociates gone with their prize? Hmm? The young dragon put up quite a fight, didn’t she?” Trust me, mammal. I will not hurt you. I am your friend. As the Pythonan concentrates on his captive, he cannot help but think: I am exerting myself too much for not being near a ley line. We must find the dragon soon.
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
P.P.E.: 123/153
I.S.P.: 41/51
M.D.C.: 21/21
User avatar
Rana
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100: [2] = 2 (CRIT. SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20
JIC: 1d100: [84] = 84

Rana stands up, her leg numb from the shot but otherwise fine. She spits her disgust at the assassins.

As Patches interrogates his prisoner, she limps over to Coldcenter's body, and kneels by him, placing a hand on his chest.

Our stoic friend... gone. She sighs momentarily, then grips his armor and begins to drag him inside the clinic. We shall not leave you to be eaten by scavengers.

Once outside, she heads toward the other assassins' corpses, and gets their scent, in order to continue tracking. To patches, she says "Get your answers quickly. Our prey gain ground on us." As he talks to his victim, Rana attempts to regain the trail of their abducted friend.

Track blood/death scent 68% 1d100: [38] = 38 (SUCCESS)

Tracking: People 38% 1d100: [21] = 21 (SUCCESS)

If Niki makes herself known to the group, Rana will look up at her, a hand hovering near her weapon, interested to see how this stranger approaches them.
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 39/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Niki
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:54 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Niki »

Perception: 36%: 1d100: [15] = 15

JIC: 1d20: JIC 1d20: [3] = 3
JIC: 1d100: 1d100: [58] = 58

Niki's thoughts are in Euro, speaks in Dragonese/Elven.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Niki looks around the corner and watches the group for a moment. They don't seem like the standard fair, and those are the ones I have been following. she thinks to herself. Hazel eyes drift to the trapped slaver on the roof, That's a big ass snake, is it questioning him? she looks back to the ones in the alley. This is going nowhere, I've had shite luck and that is the doctor with them and seems to be helping.
Rana wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:59 am If Niki makes herself known to the group, Rana will look up at her, a hand hovering near her weapon, interested to see how this stranger approaches them.
After a moment, she steps out from around the corner, hidden by a hooded cloak at first before slowly reaching up to lower the hood. She is a younger human female, jet black hair and inquisitive hazel eyes. When her arms and hands come from under the cloak, numerous tattoos cover the exposed skin. The small bit of her body that is seen from the only slightly open cloak seems that her torso is covered in numerous tattoos as well, her clothing looks older, but in good shape and not threadbare, covering what needs to be covered from the waist up and not much more with well fitting short pants and sandals that lace up the calf. Her cloak black, pants and sandals black with grey, halter top and minor bangles in red trimmed with light brown.

Well, show time, lets see how this goes. her thoughts muse briefly.

Slowly she approaches the group, her head down slightly and submissively, hands with their palms out to show she's holding no weapon. Stopping roughly 15 feet away from the closest person to kneel down on one knee. To the exceptionally perceptive, while she's appearing like she's stopping in submission, she's coiled with hints of tension as if she's prepared to dart away. Her gaze flits from person to person, not making eye contact with anyone.

"I mean no harm, Great Ones." her young voice sounds softly, but with no hint of waiver and a slight hard edge to it. "I am simply lost and thought these beings would be able to help me." Niki finishes then waits, ready to roll away if needed.
Niki Aslani
N-F40A: 110/110
M.D.C.: 157/157
P.P.E.: 154/154
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception:44% = 1d100: [86] = 86
FAIL
JIC 1d20: [13] = 13 / JIC 1d100: [61] = 61
Conditions: None.

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.
Skulls does a quick head check once the gunfire has ceased. Seeing no further targets, he turns back to the body at his feet and takes a long look at his enemy. He looks for insignia on the robe and anything that might identify this group. I wish there was time to take their heads. I have more pressing concerns than a message. Still, it must be known, kill my bajrak and you will die like cattle. I'm eating his heart. With little effort, Skulls will drive his armored hands into the chest cavity of the fallen assassin. He fishes out the heart, and opens his helmet just long enough to place the bloody orb into his teeth. Once the troll has finished with organ removal, he will shout to the Pythonian: "I do not question your ability. But, should you need assistance with your friend, you need only ask." Other than his blood soaked hands, the troll looks unscathed, and his rage has clearly subsided.
Skulls will join Rana at ColdCenter’s body. The troll wishes for nature and earth, but finds none. If we leave him here, he will be defiled and sold as meat before nightfall. ColdCenter would have tried to honor my corpse. His thoughts are answered as Rana picks up Cold’s body. The Troll will follow Rana, into the clinic. Once she has chosen a spot for the body of their fallen, Skulls will do his best to barricade it with large furnishing. "We will come back for him." Skulls says solemnly to the ogress when they exit.

Skulls will loiter in the alley as Patches extracts information, and Rana resumes tracking. Out of his element, Skulls will try to at least see the next attack coming.
Detect Ambush: 55% = 1d100: [53] = 53 PASS Skulls looking useful, by scanning rooftops and street.

How would I find Venn? I would let last assassin run? On dirt maybe, in Splynn I do not stand a chance. Rana and Patches must be the hunters, in the city I am only the spear.

When Skulls sees cloaked female approach, he will walk to greet them. His demeanor is relaxed, he will gladly pound another of these assassins. None the less, he does not raise his weapon at the stranger.
Cloaked Individual wrote:"I mean no harm, Great Ones." "I am simply lost and thought these beings would be able to help me."
Great Ones? Yes, this is a pleasant greeting from a human. Maybe she has knowledge we can use?

The Skulls tries to be non-threatening and addresses the stranger. "You may find them unresponsive. They were little help to us. Do you have a quarrel with them as well?"
Last edited by Lord of skulls on Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
User avatar
Eshmun
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:02 am

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Eshmun »

Perception 36% 41% on ley line 1d100: [99] = 99 Fail
JIC 1d100: [20] = 20
JIC 1d20: [11] = 11
Rana wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:59 am She sighs momentarily, then grips his armor and begins to drag him inside the clinic.
Lord of skulls wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:30 pm Rana picks up Cold’s body. The Troll will follow Rana, into the clinic. Once she has chosen a spot for the body of their fallen, Skulls will do his best to barricade it with large furnishing. "We will come back for him." Skulls says solemnly to the ogress when they exit.
Eshmun opens the clinic and ushers Rana to a treatment table in the back. Once placed he will put a sheet over their deceased friend. “Your friend will be safe here I pay several locals to keep my clinic safe. Well, as safe as can be in this area.” Eshmun says in a calm, comforting voice. “We can have a proper funeral after we rescue your companion.”
Eshmun helps barricade the door and returns to the street looking to the pythonian
“Any progress with your new friend? ”

Niki wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:18 pm
"I mean no harm, Great Ones." her young voice sounds softly, but with no hint of waiver and a slight hard edge to it. "I am simply lost and thought these beings would be able to help me."
Eshmun whirls to the sound of a new voice. Panic grips his heart at the sight of the robe. Where the hell had she come from? Eshmun mind races as he searches the robes for the insignia of the captors. Finding none he calms himself what did she say? he turns to Skulls as he speaks.
Lord of skulls wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:30 pm
The Skulls tries to be non-threatening and addresses the stranger. "You may find them unresponsive. They were little help to us. Do you have a quarrel with them as well?"
Oh, she needs help as well. Seems to be the day for it. Eshmun muses.

“Young Miss, once our reptilian friend” Eshmun points to the Pythonian “finishes chatting with the miscreant there we must be off. Perhaps you can tell us of your troubles before we must leave.”
Eshmun | EP Ledger | Other PC’s: Munzog
Stats and Abilities

PHYSICAL DATA
P.P.E.: 62/70
I.S.P.: 48/54
H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 38/38
M.D.C.: 110/110

Racial Abilities
Nightvision 500’
Fair to good reflexes
50% to track by scent (+5% to follow a blood scent)
65% to recognize common odors


Natural Abilities
Perception: 36%+3% per level 41% on Ley Line.
Charm/Impress: -20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 40%

60% +5%
The Psychic Sensitive is keenly aware of the world around him, thus, he or she feels or senses any major dis­turbances nearby. One such disturbance is the presence of supernatural evil. All supernatural beings radiate their alignment, most are evil. The Mystic can feel that evil like an icy chill cutting through him and tastes their vile thoughts like vomit. The sensation is unmistakable, costs no I.S.P., and is automatic, meaning the character does not have to open himself, nor be actively trying to sense anything. The evil washes over the Mystic, warning him like an alarm that supernatural evil is present. Range: Senses any supernatural evil within a 300’ radius, +20’ per additional level of experience starting with level two. However, the sensation is very general. The location and nature of the evil is unknown. To identify the cause and pinpoint its source, the psychic must open himself and use the "Sense Evil" psi-power. Along these same lines, the Mystic can sense when a person is possessed by a supernatural force, and can recognize magic enchantment. Base Abil­ity: 50% +5% per each additional level of experience.
RU pg. 118


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +0
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +6
Psionics (12+): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Possession: +2
Disease: +1

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 110

Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 8 hour duration per E-clip

Book Reference: p.122, DB2


NE-3 Slim-Line "Gambler" Revolver
  • Range: 200'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 3-round cylinder (NE-001PC)
  • Weight: 1 lb.
  • Features: Superior balance; highly concealable
  • Modifiers: +1 to strike on aimed shots; +20% to conceal; W.P. Handguns or W.P. Energy Pistol
  • Book Reference: p.24-25, DB8
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Sum of All Fears »

Date: October 23, 111PA
Time: 1325
Temp: 80F


Rana and Eshmun drag Cold Center into the clinic. ColdCenter is very clearly dead. Shot through the head. Quick and clean. Once they step back into the alley Niki approaches the group and they begin an odd sort of conversation. While they talk to this new person Rana begins looking for clues to where the other kidnapers headed. Rana is sure she can track them however she is getting mixed signals from the combat that has taken place. Rana is sure once they get out of the combat area she will be able to get a better grasp on the tracking.

Meanwhile Patches continues his interrogation of the last assassin. ”Friend? Ya right you crazy snake! Gah! Let me go! Wait how did you know about the dragon? The Doctor saw us...we couldn't let him talk to anyone.” As the man talks his AOI spell fades and Patches begins constricting around the man himself. Patches can feel no armor beneath his scales. ”Gah! Ok! Cut it out!” The man cries out as Patches continues to apply pressure, ”We were only handing her off to someone else...She’s gone by now. There is an abandoned warehouse about two miles from here. That's where we took her. Map is in the other guy’s pocket. Now let me go. I’m not getting paid enough to die.” The man motions to the assassin lying dead on the roof.


Ok. A little short but you have some new info...Please Get Niki into the group.

Butcher Bill:
Rana- (-36 MD Main Body; -6 MD Left Leg; -10 shots NE-8SL)
Skulls- (-3 shots Shotgun)
Patches- (-30 PPE, AOI currently at 30/30; -1 Wingboard shot)
Eshmin- (-2 Shots NE-3, -8 PPE)
Niki-
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
User avatar
Patches
Group Leader
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Patches »

Perception: 1d100>24: [47*] = 1
JIC: 1d100: [71] = 71 | 1d20: [18] = 18
  • Nightvision (Constant, no cost)
  • See the Invisible (Constant, no cost)
  • Sense A Rift: General direction only, any within 80 miles.
  • Sense Magic In Use: any within 300 feet, no direction or power sense
  • See magic Energy: -1 action per round. Aura around anything possessing or emanating 20 PPE or more.works on everything up to but not Invisibility Superior. Line of Sight.
  • Telepathy: 0:45/6:00


Patches continues to squeeze. ”Thank you friend. I appreciate that you have been so forthcoming. As for your fate-“ He continues to squeeze. ”I am not the one you should complain to about your pay. You chose this job, and now you shall reap its benefits. In full.” Patches keeps eye contact with the would be assassin until his prey can no longer maintain consciousness. He continues to squeeze until he is sure there is no more pulse- let alone bone structure.

The Pythonan will then slowly uncurl from around the corpse and make his way towards the other body mentioned. He will look over the corpse before moving to peer over the edge of the rooftop. ”Here! I believe I have found the information we need. In this ones pocket.” He will stop. ”We may be too late to catch her there, but the sooner we arrive the better chances of finding a lead into whomever funded this abduction.” This was premeditated with subcontractors. It is time to educate our enemy on the problem with hiring substandard operatives.
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
P.P.E.: 123/153
I.S.P.: 41/51
M.D.C.: 21/21
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception: 44 % = 1d100: [82] = 82
Fail.
JIC : 1d20: [1] = 1 / JIC : 1d100: [61] = 61
Conditions: None.

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.
Skulls will remain close to Rana as she resumes her tracking. He paces about scanning all directions for possible attack. He focuses on covering Rana, but keeps Eshmun and Patches in his periphery.
Detect Ambush: 55% = 1d100: [61] = 61 This is more of a nervous behavior than anything. Looks for robed enemies.
Fail. Prior agitation and strong emotions have given way to the troll’s resting state: survival. The city feels like an obstacle, a malicious sprawl of unknown danger. I will have to adapt to Splynn, grow stronger if I wish to remain free. What am I compared to a dragon? What if I can not rescue Venn? What if the trail goes cold, how will I find her?

When the Patches uncurls and moves, he draws the trolls’s gaze.
Patches wrote:”Here! I believe I have found the information we need. In this ones pocket.” ”We may be too late to catch her there, but the sooner we arrive the better chances of finding a lead into whomever funded this abduction.”
Pockets. Of course, how human. Always have things in their tiny pockets. What did Patches learn, I wonder? Don’t say that Venn is gone.

Skulls will take a few heavy bounds and launch himself towards the body indicated by the snake.
Max. Jumping Ability: 58 ' Length / 29 ' High
If he can not reach the location with a single vertical jump, he will jump as high as possible and climb the remainder of the way.
Climbing: 120% = 1d100: [70] = 70 (-10% to physical skills from armor factored)
Pass. Skulls will search the body of the fallen assassin. If his monstrous hands are able, pockets will be searched. While pawing over the body, he will question Patches : "Did he say that Vennifer was gone? Gone where? From the city or just to a different part?"
Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
User avatar
Eshmun
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:02 am

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Eshmun »

Perception 36% 41% on ley line 1d100: [10] = 10 pass
JIC 1d20 1d20: [18] = 18
JIC 1d100 1d100: [82] = 82
Active: None
Passive: Sense Supernatural Evil
Patches wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:46 pm . ”Here! I believe I have found the information we need. In this ones pocket.” He will stop. ”We may be too late to catch her there, but the sooner we arrive the better chances of finding a lead into whomever funded this abduction.”
Eshmun looks to Patches and watches skulls leap to the assassin.
Quite a feat, this group is quite formidable. I do hope we can reach the woman in time.

”I will search these ruffians for clues as well” Eshmun calls out as he approaches the first fallen assassin and rifles through his pockets for anything that might help out.
Eshmun | EP Ledger | Other PC’s: Munzog
Stats and Abilities

PHYSICAL DATA
P.P.E.: 62/70
I.S.P.: 48/54
H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 38/38
M.D.C.: 110/110

Racial Abilities
Nightvision 500’
Fair to good reflexes
50% to track by scent (+5% to follow a blood scent)
65% to recognize common odors


Natural Abilities
Perception: 36%+3% per level 41% on Ley Line.
Charm/Impress: -20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 40%

60% +5%
The Psychic Sensitive is keenly aware of the world around him, thus, he or she feels or senses any major dis­turbances nearby. One such disturbance is the presence of supernatural evil. All supernatural beings radiate their alignment, most are evil. The Mystic can feel that evil like an icy chill cutting through him and tastes their vile thoughts like vomit. The sensation is unmistakable, costs no I.S.P., and is automatic, meaning the character does not have to open himself, nor be actively trying to sense anything. The evil washes over the Mystic, warning him like an alarm that supernatural evil is present. Range: Senses any supernatural evil within a 300’ radius, +20’ per additional level of experience starting with level two. However, the sensation is very general. The location and nature of the evil is unknown. To identify the cause and pinpoint its source, the psychic must open himself and use the "Sense Evil" psi-power. Along these same lines, the Mystic can sense when a person is possessed by a supernatural force, and can recognize magic enchantment. Base Abil­ity: 50% +5% per each additional level of experience.
RU pg. 118


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +0
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +6
Psionics (12+): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Possession: +2
Disease: +1

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 110

Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 8 hour duration per E-clip

Book Reference: p.122, DB2


NE-3 Slim-Line "Gambler" Revolver
  • Range: 200'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 3-round cylinder (NE-001PC)
  • Weight: 1 lb.
  • Features: Superior balance; highly concealable
  • Modifiers: +1 to strike on aimed shots; +20% to conceal; W.P. Handguns or W.P. Energy Pistol
  • Book Reference: p.24-25, DB8
User avatar
Patches
Group Leader
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Patches »

[Rolls carried]
Lord of skulls wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:48 pm"Did he say that Vennifer was gone? Gone where? From the city or just to a different part?"
Patches bobs his head side to side as he responds, unable to hide his disappointment in learning any real concrete information from the would be assassin. ”Our assailant insisted that they were to drop off their prize at a pre-arranged location: a warehouse not far from here. The details should be on the corpse.” He motions with his muzzle to the corpse lying at Lord’s feet. ”Thiss appears to be more premeditated than I first surmised. Whomever wanted Ven was careful enough to hire expendable forces for the initial abduction.” From where? Who are these bodies laying at our feet? Do they have any associates that shall seek their killers? Patches pushes the questions down as he forces himself to focus on what he can deal with immediately.
Eshmun wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:39 pm”I will search these ruffians for clues as well” Eshmun calls out as he approaches the first fallen assassin and rifles through his pockets for anything that might help out.
Patches gazes over the edge of the roof with a reptilian interest at the healer. He seems to not be bound by the oath most healers tie themselves to. That is good for us. Splynn does not treat the soft-hearted with any kindness. ”If you find anything of interest, secure it and be ready to move.” He calls down to Eshmun and Rana ”We will be departing momentarily to the last known location of Ven and her captors.”

As the bodies are searched, the Pythonan will remount his wing board, finding a comfortable position to rest his countless coils wrapping around the center of the TW device. What will we find at the warehouse? Patches can feel his mental reserves waning, he has already expended more than he ever felt comfortable with: he had spent more time away from a ley-line tonight than he had in many years. Relying on his own energy stores was not a trouble he was all the used to managing. He will lick the air with his forked tongue, creating small vortexes of air that he pulls into his mouth and tastes. He searches for the magical after taste of Ley-Line Energy: longing to be on top of the energy conduits once again.
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
P.P.E.: 123/153
I.S.P.: 41/51
M.D.C.: 21/21
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Sum of All Fears »

Date: October 23, 111PA
Time: 1345
Temp: 80F

Patches continues to squeeze until he gets the satisfying sound and feeling of the man’s bones breaking under the pressure. ”Huuggg…” The man slowly expires in Patches embrace. The Hellbalzers rifle through the pockets of the fallen assassins looking for any clues or useful information. They do locate the map talked about by Patches from his interrogation. They do also notice the weapons being used are of Kittani make. They find one K-1, one K-4, and KEP pistol along with 5 total e-clips and three talismans of AOI (50MDC with 2/3 charges left).

Following the map it takes the Hellblazers roughly 15 minutes to get to the warehouse in question. While the warehouse looks rundown, those with a more tactical mindset can see it’s been set back from other buildings creating clear sight lines for the 4 roving sentries on a second floor catwalk that wraps around the building. From their vantage point 200 feet away from the main entrance they can see two more guards in full EBA framing the double doors.

The warehouse is set 100 feet from any other building and is the only multi-story building within half a mile.


Ok. You have found the warehouse...What now? Loud or quiet?


Butcher Bill:
Rana- (-36 MD Main Body; -6 MD Left Leg; -10 shots NE-8SL)
Skulls- (-3 shots Shotgun)
Patches- (-30 PPE, AOI currently at 30/30; -1 Wingboard shot)
Eshmin- (-2 Shots NE-3, -8 PPE)
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
User avatar
Eshmun
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:02 am

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Eshmun »

Perception 36% 41% on ley line 1d100: [95] = 95 Fail
JIC 1d20 1d20: [3] = 3
JIC 1d100 1d100: [78] = 78
Active: Forcefield 110\110 M.D.
Passive: Sense Supernatural Evil


Eshmun grabs the weapon, clips, and the talisman then shoves it all in a sack. He then follows the group to a new adventure.
This certainly isn’t how I expected this day to go. Eshmun muses as he feels some concern for his patients but he knows they will find a way.
Arriving at the destination he quickly glances at the building. “Wow, place looks rundown. Probably lots of places to sneak in through. Don’t see any guards, maybe this will be simple.” Eshmun says, clearly out of his element but trying to be helpful.
Eshmun | EP Ledger | Other PC’s: Munzog
Stats and Abilities

PHYSICAL DATA
P.P.E.: 62/70
I.S.P.: 48/54
H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 38/38
M.D.C.: 110/110

Racial Abilities
Nightvision 500’
Fair to good reflexes
50% to track by scent (+5% to follow a blood scent)
65% to recognize common odors


Natural Abilities
Perception: 36%+3% per level 41% on Ley Line.
Charm/Impress: -20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 40%

60% +5%
The Psychic Sensitive is keenly aware of the world around him, thus, he or she feels or senses any major dis­turbances nearby. One such disturbance is the presence of supernatural evil. All supernatural beings radiate their alignment, most are evil. The Mystic can feel that evil like an icy chill cutting through him and tastes their vile thoughts like vomit. The sensation is unmistakable, costs no I.S.P., and is automatic, meaning the character does not have to open himself, nor be actively trying to sense anything. The evil washes over the Mystic, warning him like an alarm that supernatural evil is present. Range: Senses any supernatural evil within a 300’ radius, +20’ per additional level of experience starting with level two. However, the sensation is very general. The location and nature of the evil is unknown. To identify the cause and pinpoint its source, the psychic must open himself and use the "Sense Evil" psi-power. Along these same lines, the Mystic can sense when a person is possessed by a supernatural force, and can recognize magic enchantment. Base Abil­ity: 50% +5% per each additional level of experience.
RU pg. 118


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +0
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +6
Psionics (12+): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Possession: +2
Disease: +1

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 110

Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 8 hour duration per E-clip

Book Reference: p.122, DB2


NE-3 Slim-Line "Gambler" Revolver
  • Range: 200'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 3-round cylinder (NE-001PC)
  • Weight: 1 lb.
  • Features: Superior balance; highly concealable
  • Modifiers: +1 to strike on aimed shots; +20% to conceal; W.P. Handguns or W.P. Energy Pistol
  • Book Reference: p.24-25, DB8
User avatar
Rana
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100: [100] = 100

JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8
JIC: 1d100: [44] = 44

After placing Coldcenter's corpse in the clinic, Rana watches Patches interrogation and killing of their enemy.
Patches wrote:”Here! I believe I have found the information we need. In this ones pocket.” He will stop. ”We may be too late to catch her there, but the sooner we arrive the better chances of finding a lead into whomever funded this abduction.”
Rana nods. "Well done." As Skulls and Eshmun move swiftly to search the dead enemies, Rana thinks Eshmun is one of us - already he and Skulls move as of one mind. The Bajrak moves as one living thing.

Rana moves swiftly and silently to the warehouse indicated on the map.
Eshmun wrote:“Wow, place looks rundown. Probably lots of places to sneak in through. Don’t see any guards, maybe this will be simple.”
She nods. "Four Guards, on the second level. Two more by the door. Run down, but heavily guarded. Circle around to the back of the building, make entrance from the second level. Out of view of the guards - go." Rana pulls back out of the guard's eyeline and seeks a way to access the rear of the building without being seen.

Prowl 38% 1d100: [35] = 35 (find a path to the building's rear that's out of the sentries eyeline - SUCCESS)

Land Navigation 48% 1d100: [14] = 14 (find a path to the building's rear that's out of the sentries eyeline - SUCCESS)
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 39/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
Post Reply

Return to “Atlantis Adventure Forum”