Betrayed!!!!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception 44% = 1d100: [17] = 17
pass
JIC : 1d20: [14] = 14 JIC : 1d20 / JIC : 1d100: [47] = 47
Conditions: None.

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.
Prisoner wrote:"Forgive me if I seem to be babbling on. I like being alive, but at this point I am a dead man. No getting around it. Whether it’s at your hands or my Master’s death is assured for me. Even if you were to allow me to return I would be put to death for this failure. If you’re looking for my Master he is not here. Like not on Atlantis. He’s a Splougorth. Runs one of the mid level slave trade organizations. If you’re going after him then good luck. You won’t be the first to try. I hope you have more than the four of you.” The man shrugs and stretches for a moment, ”If you are looking for the girl then you should know she was taken by a Temporal Raider. They tend to frequent Atlantis for things they can’t find normally. Anyway. If we are done can you just promise me to end it quickly? Life here is cheap and pain is constant."
Skulls listens to the slave with muted reaction, his monstrous face is stoic. Since the the slave seems to be forthright, Skulls feels little need to threaten him further. Skulls feels a tiny bit of pity. The experience is odd and unnatural, and Skulls quickly suppresses it.
A painless death would be a gift to this being. Maybe I can get more out of him for this courtesy.
"hummm" Skulls remarks, and appears to be think on the prisoner's words. Slowly he pulls forth a cigarette, and with unusual ritual lights it. All The troll does not break his gaze on his prisoner. After taking a lingering drag on his cigarette, he offers: "Cigarette?" He will furnish and light one for the slave if he so desires.
Barter 42% = 1d100: [76] = 76 Skulls attempts to trade for information.
Fail
Rana wrote:"I do not care about your Master. We seek only the girl. Tell us where she went, and with who. Tell us of this Temporal Raider."
Skull's seconds Rana's query, adding: "Tell us their names. Tell us all you know of these raiders. I should also like the name of your master. Then perhaps, I could painlessly kill you." He inhales more smoke and waits. When the prisoner has answered, Skulls will step next to the man and loose a fast chopping blow at the top of his victims neck. The same deft action he has used to kill wounded game in the past.
Like the mink caught in a snare, just unlucky.

Continginency: If any of the others object: Skulls will delay the killing. He has no particular desire to kill the prisoner. He will do so, only if there is no objection.
Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
User avatar
Eshmun
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:02 am

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Eshmun »

Perception 36% 41% on ley line 1d100: [80] = 80
JIC 1d20 1d20: [7] = 7
JIC 1d100 1d100: [49] = 49
Active:
Passive: Sense Supernatural Evil

Eshmun listens to captured man ntently.
Sum of All Fears wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:36 pm Well of course no one is coming for me. You know how much I’m worth? 200 credits. That’s what my master paid for me. I’m worth what someone would find in their couch cushions.” He looks between Patches and Skulls for a moment before realization blossoms in his eyes. ”Dragon...Ohhh...So that’s what she was. Well that explains why we were out here on the outskirts of the city. Man, I can't believe Master would take such a job. But that is not for me to say. I just do what I’m told.” He realizes he’s been mostly babbling so he regards Patches and Skulls with a sharp look, ”Forgive me if I seem to be babbling on. I like being alive, but at this point I am a dead man. No getting around it. Whether it’s at your hands or my Master’s death is assured for me. Even if you were to allow me to return I would be put to death for this failure. If you’re looking for my Master he is not here. Like not on Atlantis. He’s a Splougorth. Runs one of the mid level slave trade organizations. If you’re going after him then good luck. You won’t be the first to try. I hope you have more than the four of you.” The man shrugs and stretches for a moment, ”If you are looking for the girl then you should know she was taken by a Temporal Raider. They tend to frequent Atlantis for things they can’t find normally. Anyway. If we are done can you just promise me to end it quickly? Life here is cheap and pain is constant.”



Rana wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:43 pm "I do not care about your Master. We seek only the girl. Tell us where she went, and with who. Tell us of this Temporal Raider."
Lord of skulls wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:27 am "Tell us their names. Tell us all you know of these raiders. I should also like the name of your master. Then perhaps, I could painlessly kill you."
Eshmun is taken aback by the glibness and the casual speak of death.
What kind of group have I gotten involved with? I mean sure they are soldiers but still to treat killing so lightly is a bit of a shock, unless this is some an interrogation. Hmm. well maybe we can get something out him with sweets instead of a stick. He turns to his teammates.
“What!? Kill him? I think there has been enough death already. We are better than that. He is cooperating, there are places he can go, places for slaves thought dead or escaped to hide and live on.”
Spinning to the captive he continues “Don’t be so quick to resign yourself to death, it may seem bleak now but your life can have meaning and we can help you find a new path. Just help us so we can help you.”
Invoke trust 40% 1d100 invoke: [79] = 79 Fail
Eshmun | EP Ledger | Other PC’s: Munzog
Stats and Abilities

PHYSICAL DATA
P.P.E.: 54/70
I.S.P.: 48/54
H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 38/38
M.D.C.: 110/110

Racial Abilities
Nightvision 500’
Fair to good reflexes
50% to track by scent (+5% to follow a blood scent)
65% to recognize common odors


Natural Abilities
Perception: 36%+3% per level 41% on Ley Line.
Charm/Impress: -20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 40%

60% +5%
The Psychic Sensitive is keenly aware of the world around him, thus, he or she feels or senses any major dis­turbances nearby. One such disturbance is the presence of supernatural evil. All supernatural beings radiate their alignment, most are evil. The Mystic can feel that evil like an icy chill cutting through him and tastes their vile thoughts like vomit. The sensation is unmistakable, costs no I.S.P., and is automatic, meaning the character does not have to open himself, nor be actively trying to sense anything. The evil washes over the Mystic, warning him like an alarm that supernatural evil is present. Range: Senses any supernatural evil within a 300’ radius, +20’ per additional level of experience starting with level two. However, the sensation is very general. The location and nature of the evil is unknown. To identify the cause and pinpoint its source, the psychic must open himself and use the "Sense Evil" psi-power. Along these same lines, the Mystic can sense when a person is possessed by a supernatural force, and can recognize magic enchantment. Base Abil­ity: 50% +5% per each additional level of experience.
RU pg. 118


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +0
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +6
Psionics (12+): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Possession: +2
Disease: +1

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 110

Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 8 hour duration per E-clip

Book Reference: p.122, DB2


NE-3 Slim-Line "Gambler" Revolver
  • Range: 200'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 3-round cylinder (NE-001PC)
  • Weight: 1 lb.
  • Features: Superior balance; highly concealable
  • Modifiers: +1 to strike on aimed shots; +20% to conceal; W.P. Handguns or W.P. Energy Pistol
  • Book Reference: p.24-25, DB8
User avatar
Patches
Group Leader
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Patches »

Perception: 1d100<24: [33] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [27] = 27 ]| 1d20: [4] = 4
  • Nightvision (Constant, no cost)
  • See the Invisible (Constant, no cost)
  • Sense A Rift: General direction only, any within 80 miles.
  • Sense Magic In Use: any within 300 feet, no direction or power sense
  • See magic Energy: -1 action per round. Aura around anything possessing or emanating 20 PPE or more.works on everything up to but not Invisibility Superior. Line of Sight.

Charm: 1d100<15: [21] = 0

Patches listens to the man babble. Another Spluggorth is attempting to poach dragons from Atlantis? Interesting.
Sum of All Fears wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:36 pm ”Forgive me if I seem to be babbling on. I like being alive, but at this point I am a dead man. No getting around it. Whether it’s at your hands or my Master’s death is assured for me. Even if you were to allow me to return I would be put to death for this failure. If you’re looking for my Master he is not here. Like not on Atlantis. He’s a Splougorth. Runs one of the mid level slave trade organizations. If you’re going after him then good luck. You won’t be the first to try. I hope you have more than the four of you.”
”You value your skills so little If you are writing your existence off so quickly.” Patches speaks softly to to prisoner, ensuring he understands the offer Patches is about to extend ”it is true your life is forfeit if you return to your master. It would also be forfeit if you scurry to Splynncrith and beg to be spared for hunting within his domain. Tell us all you know: Your masters name, it’s realm and every piece of intel you can share concerning the Temporal Raiders. If you do this, you may live. Under our protection you may continue to live until such a time that is determine that your slights against have been repaid. And then, you may go your way with no further question.”
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
P.P.E.: 123/153
I.S.P.: 41/51
M.D.C.: 21/21
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Sum of All Fears »

Date: October 23, 111PA
Time: 1410
Temp: 82F

The man looks between Skulls and Eshmun as if looking at two sides of the same coin. He finally looks back at Skulls and motions to Eshmun, ”You I understand, but is this his first time here?” He looks back to Eshmun, ”Look you seem like a nice guy so let me just tell you that even if I wanted to go into hiding or try and run and live on the streets in squalor, scrapping with other unfortunate bastards for food or water or basic survival needs. That's just not how I am. That’s not living and there is no reason to live if you're not going to live. I appreciate it though.”

The man tilts his head in thought to Patches proposal. ”Huh...Work for you. I mean I’m not opposed to the idea. I guess if you’re offering then I’m not really in a place to say no. The only person in the Master’s structure I worked with or knew was Powerlord Jargnath. He was in charge of giving us our food, training and jobs for the day. The Temporal Raider who took your friend looks like the other temporal raiders I’ve seen, although they are not that common around here. It’s hard for me to tell them apart. I did hear Jargnath call him ‘Toliver’ before departing. Toliver also mentioned he still had business to take care of here before he headed back to wherever he is from.” The man seems to think for a moment, ” Lizzy’s Bar. It's on the boarder between the slums and the slave market. That’s where he said he would be at in case the Powerlord needed him. Does that help?”

Rana:
Unfortunately it seems the scent of Yennefer ends abruptly in the warehouse. Seems as if she was loaded into a vehicle or teleported out of the warehouse.

Rana: You know Temporal Raiders and the Splugorth do not get along. They have an understanding, but the Splugorth do not like them or their temporal powers. You remember one of the former members knew a Temporal Raider once. Otherwise Temporal Raiders are known for being some of the best thieves in the multiverse. Unfortunately you have never heard of this Toliver before.


More bread crumbs...So...looks like it's time for a drink.


Butcher Bill:
Rana- (-36 MD Main Body; -6 MD Left Leg; -10 shots NE-8SL)
Skulls- (-3 shots Shotgun)
Patches- (-30 PPE, AOI currently at 30/30; -1 Wingboard shot)
Eshmun- (-2 Shots NE-3, -14 PPE)
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
User avatar
Patches
Group Leader
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Patches »

Perception: 1d100<24: [57] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [81] = 81 ]| 1d20: [2] = 2
  • Nightvision (Constant, no cost)
  • See the Invisible (Constant, no cost)
  • Sense A Rift: General direction only, any within 80 miles.
  • Sense Magic In Use: any within 300 feet, no direction or power sense
  • See magic Energy: -1 action per round. Aura around anything possessing or emanating 20 PPE or more.works on everything up to but not Invisibility Superior. Line of Sight.



Patches takes a moment to purposefully look to both Keeper of Skulls and Rana before continuing, begging either to speak up if they have an issue with Patches proposal. ”You will return to where the dragon was abducted and await our return. If your words lead us to what we seek, you may barter for our protection then.” He will pause once more to check again with Rana and Skulls. Then he will turn back to their new employee. ”I am Patches the Legless, and your life continues because of my consideration. If you betray that trust I have put in you-“ Patches draws slightly closer to the man. ”-I will eat you.”.

Patches will then turn his full attention to his allies. We have new prey. This ‘Toliver’ shall lead us to Jargnath, if we do not find him with Venenifer.” Patches adds the last part in an attempt to keep his allies’ hopes awake; The pythonan was beginning to believe finding the dragon would be more difficult than he first expected. This is fine. The longer it takes us to find their Dragon, the longer I can ingratiate myself upon them, and gain two powerful allies in the process.

”I am familiar with Draconga, not the Markets.” He looks to the the others. ”We must make time to this ‘Lizzy’s Bar’.” A singular fact keeps a small ray of hope alive for finding Venenifer: ”I can sense the openings of Rifts.I have dedicated none nearby… yet. If we continue our pursuit we may still be able to catch up…”

Patches is not slowed by his means of travel, He can make good speed with his Wingboard. His thoughts do go to his pistol. If more fighting is to happen, it may be wise to utilize it, even if it would require my psychic energy, and he has expended so much already..

Patches will look to the others for advice on how to proceed. He will look to Eshmun. ”Have have spend time here, yes? Are you familiar with this ‘Lizzy’s bar’?”
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
P.P.E.: 123/153
I.S.P.: 41/51
M.D.C.: 21/21
User avatar
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception 44% = 1d100: [1] = 1
Crit. Success
JIC 1d20: [10] = 10 / JIC 1d100: [53] = 53
Conditions: None.
Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.


Hapless Slave wrote:”You I understand, but is this his first time here?”

Skulls nods in agreement. As the man continues to speak Skulls feels privileged to be a troll. Even as a child I posed a danger to the Splugorth, and for that I have had value to them. Trolls are durable.
Hapless Slave wrote:"Huh...Work for you. I mean I’m not opposed to the idea. I guess if you’re offering then I’m not really in a place to say no. The only person in the Master’s structure I worked with or knew was Powerlord Jargnath. He was in charge of giving us our food, training and jobs for the day. The Temporal Raider who took your friend looks like the other temporal raiders I’ve seen, although they are not that common around here. It’s hard for me to tell them apart. I did hear Jargnath call him ‘Toliver’ before departing. Toliver also mentioned he still had business to take care of here before he headed back to wherever he is from." "Lizzy’s Bar. It's on the boarder between the slums and the slave market. That’s where he said he would be at in case the Powerlord needed him. Does that help?"
The troll answers with grumble. Realizing the man may be unable understand his meaning, the Troll adds: "Yes yes most helpful." What can be assumed is smile, reveals more of his jagged teeth than usual. Skulls releases the man from his unwavering gaze. I am glad i did not squish the life from this slave. His fate is yet undetermined. Venenifer may not forgive him. But, I see no sport in his death, for now.
Patches the Legless wrote:"You return to where the dragon was abducted and await our return. If your words lead us to what we seek, you may barter for our protection then."
Skulls nods positively when Patches looks for consensus. Grinning, Skulls watches Patches negotiate. If the man has yet to offer his name, Skulls will ask: What may we call you? Once he has been given a name, the Troll states: "I am Skulls. I will look forward to speaking with you again."
Patches the Legless wrote: "We have new prey. This ‘Toliver’ shall lead us to Jargnath, if we do not find him with Venenifer."
"I am familiar with Draconga, not the Markets." "We must make time to this ‘Lizzy’s Bar’. "I can sense the openings of Rifts.I have dedicated none nearby… yet. If we continue our pursuit we may still be able to catch up…"
"I have been in the slave market. I can assume we are in the slums now?" Skulls replies. With renewed hope that they may yet find Venn, Skulls will leave the building. He will find a view the great pyramid. He will tilt his head and rapidly blink while he tries to apply his navigation skills.
Land Navigation 68% : 1d100: [73] = 73 Using the Great Pyramid as reference, Skulls tries to calculated distance and walking time to the slave markets. Skulls is largely unfamiliar with Splynn. However, he came from the slave markets original.
Fail
Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
User avatar
Rana
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100: [4] = 4

JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9
JIC: 1d100: [58] = 58

Rana watches as Eshmun and Patches try to proffer the slave's life for his information. A sly trick. It could work... but only if we can get him out of Atlantis. Otherwise, we cannot guarantee his safety, any more than we could for Venenifer. Her scent... ends here. Vanished by magic, maybe, or loaded into a vehicle.
the slave wrote:"The only person in the Master’s structure I worked with or knew was Powerlord Jargnath"
Rana spits. "We know this one. He is no friend to us."
the slave wrote:"The Temporal Raider who took your friend looks like the other temporal raiders I’ve seen, although they are not that common around here. It’s hard for me to tell them apart. I did hear Jargnath call him ‘Toliver’ before departing. Toliver also mentioned he still had business to take care of here before he headed back to wherever he is from....Lizzy’s Bar. It's on the border between the slums and the slave market. That’s where he said he would be at in case the Powerlord needed him. Does that help?”
Toliver? I have not heard this name. Perhaps Kianra'Dea knew him. Perhaps not. This trail goes cold.
Patches wrote:"We have new prey. This ‘Toliver’ shall lead us to Jargnath, if we do not find him with Venenifer.”
Rana nods. "We hunt."

Land Navigation 48% 1d100: [67] = 67 (quickest path to the described location - FAIL)
Intelligence 44% 1d100: [14] = 14 (remember the layout of the city from the Sky Tour earlier - SUCCESS)

If successful, Rana will describe where they are in the city and the general direction they need to travel.
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 39/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
User avatar
Eshmun
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:02 am

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Eshmun »

Perception 36% 41% on ley line [roll]1d100[/roll]
JIC 1d20[roll]1d20[/roll]
JIC 1d100[roll]1d100[/roll]
Active:
Passive: Sense Supernatural Evil
Rana wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:57 am
the slave wrote:
"The only person in the Master’s structure I worked with or knew was Powerlord Jargnath"

Rana spits. "We know this one. He is no friend to us."

the slave wrote:
"The Temporal Raider who took your friend looks like the other temporal raiders I’ve seen, although they are not that common around here. It’s hard for me to tell them apart. I did hear Jargnath call him ‘Toliver’ before departing. Toliver also mentioned he still had business to take care of here before he headed back to wherever he is from....Lizzy’s Bar. It's on the border between the slums and the slave market. That’s where he said he would be at in case the Powerlord needed him. Does that help?”
Toliver? I have not heard this name. Perhaps Kianra'Dea knew him. Perhaps not. This trail goes cold.

Patches wrote:
"We have new prey. This ‘Toliver’ shall lead us to Jargnath, if we do not find him with Venenifer.”

Rana nods. "We hunt."
Eshmun listens patiently “Lizzy’s? Rough bar. I have treated people involved in altercations there. Never been personally but if we can’t find it right away perhaps one of my patients can direct us.”
Seeing a plan come together Eshmun begins preparing to head out. Double checking that the team is uninjured or any bandages are still fresh and clean after the few skirmishes they have encountered.
Eshmun | EP Ledger | Other PC’s: Munzog
Stats and Abilities

PHYSICAL DATA
P.P.E.: 54/70
I.S.P.: 48/54
H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 38/38
M.D.C.: 110/110

Racial Abilities
Nightvision 500’
Fair to good reflexes
50% to track by scent (+5% to follow a blood scent)
65% to recognize common odors


Natural Abilities
Perception: 36%+3% per level 41% on Ley Line.
Charm/Impress: -20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 40%

60% +5%
The Psychic Sensitive is keenly aware of the world around him, thus, he or she feels or senses any major dis­turbances nearby. One such disturbance is the presence of supernatural evil. All supernatural beings radiate their alignment, most are evil. The Mystic can feel that evil like an icy chill cutting through him and tastes their vile thoughts like vomit. The sensation is unmistakable, costs no I.S.P., and is automatic, meaning the character does not have to open himself, nor be actively trying to sense anything. The evil washes over the Mystic, warning him like an alarm that supernatural evil is present. Range: Senses any supernatural evil within a 300’ radius, +20’ per additional level of experience starting with level two. However, the sensation is very general. The location and nature of the evil is unknown. To identify the cause and pinpoint its source, the psychic must open himself and use the "Sense Evil" psi-power. Along these same lines, the Mystic can sense when a person is possessed by a supernatural force, and can recognize magic enchantment. Base Abil­ity: 50% +5% per each additional level of experience.
RU pg. 118


Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +0
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +6
Psionics (12+): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Possession: +2
Disease: +1

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 110

Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 8 hour duration per E-clip

Book Reference: p.122, DB2


NE-3 Slim-Line "Gambler" Revolver
  • Range: 200'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 3-round cylinder (NE-001PC)
  • Weight: 1 lb.
  • Features: Superior balance; highly concealable
  • Modifiers: +1 to strike on aimed shots; +20% to conceal; W.P. Handguns or W.P. Energy Pistol
  • Book Reference: p.24-25, DB8
Post Reply

Return to “Atlantis Adventure Forum”