Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Re: Betrayed!!!!

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception 44% = 1d100: [17] = 17
pass
JIC : 1d20: [14] = 14 JIC : 1d20 / JIC : 1d100: [47] = 47
Conditions: None.

Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.
Prisoner wrote:"Forgive me if I seem to be babbling on. I like being alive, but at this point I am a dead man. No getting around it. Whether it’s at your hands or my Master’s death is assured for me. Even if you were to allow me to return I would be put to death for this failure. If you’re looking for my Master he is not here. Like not on Atlantis. He’s a Splougorth. Runs one of the mid level slave trade organizations. If you’re going after him then good luck. You won’t be the first to try. I hope you have more than the four of you.” The man shrugs and stretches for a moment, ”If you are looking for the girl then you should know she was taken by a Temporal Raider. They tend to frequent Atlantis for things they can’t find normally. Anyway. If we are done can you just promise me to end it quickly? Life here is cheap and pain is constant."
Skulls listens to the slave with muted reaction, his monstrous face is stoic. Since the the slave seems to be forthright, Skulls feels little need to threaten him further. Skulls feels a tiny bit of pity. The experience is odd and unnatural, and Skulls quickly suppresses it.
A painless death would be a gift to this being. Maybe I can get more out of him for this courtesy.
"hummm" Skulls remarks, and appears to be think on the prisoner's words. Slowly he pulls forth a cigarette, and with unusual ritual lights it. All The troll does not break his gaze on his prisoner. After taking a lingering drag on his cigarette, he offers: "Cigarette?" He will furnish and light one for the slave if he so desires.
Barter 42% = 1d100: [76] = 76 Skulls attempts to trade for information.
Fail
Rana wrote:"I do not care about your Master. We seek only the girl. Tell us where she went, and with who. Tell us of this Temporal Raider."
Skull's seconds Rana's query, adding: "Tell us their names. Tell us all you know of these raiders. I should also like the name of your master. Then perhaps, I could painlessly kill you." He inhales more smoke and waits. When the prisoner has answered, Skulls will step next to the man and loose a fast chopping blow at the top of his victims neck. The same deft action he has used to kill wounded game in the past.
Like the mink caught in a snare, just unlucky.

Continginency: If any of the others object: Skulls will delay the killing. He has no particular desire to kill the prisoner. He will do so, only if there is no objection.
Skulls/Alias Meathook

P.P.E.: 9
M..D.C: 110

GAINT-SIZED NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Helmet: 60 Arms: 50 each Legs: 60 each Main Body: 140
Eshmun

Post by Eshmun »

Perception 36% 41% on ley line 1d100: [80] = 80
JIC 1d20 1d20: [7] = 7
JIC 1d100 1d100: [49] = 49
Active:
Passive: Sense Supernatural Evil

Eshmun listens to captured man ntently.
Sum of All Fears wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:36 pm Well of course no one is coming for me. You know how much I’m worth? 200 credits. That’s what my master paid for me. I’m worth what someone would find in their couch cushions.” He looks between Patches and Skulls for a moment before realization blossoms in his eyes. ”Dragon...Ohhh...So that’s what she was. Well that explains why we were out here on the outskirts of the city. Man, I can't believe Master would take such a job. But that is not for me to say. I just do what I’m told.” He realizes he’s been mostly babbling so he regards Patches and Skulls with a sharp look, ”Forgive me if I seem to be babbling on. I like being alive, but at this point I am a dead man. No getting around it. Whether it’s at your hands or my Master’s death is assured for me. Even if you were to allow me to return I would be put to death for this failure. If you’re looking for my Master he is not here. Like not on Atlantis. He’s a Splougorth. Runs one of the mid level slave trade organizations. If you’re going after him then good luck. You won’t be the first to try. I hope you have more than the four of you.” The man shrugs and stretches for a moment, ”If you are looking for the girl then you should know she was taken by a Temporal Raider. They tend to frequent Atlantis for things they can’t find normally. Anyway. If we are done can you just promise me to end it quickly? Life here is cheap and pain is constant.”

Rana wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:43 pm "I do not care about your Master. We seek only the girl. Tell us where she went, and with who. Tell us of this Temporal Raider."
Lord of skulls wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:27 am "Tell us their names. Tell us all you know of these raiders. I should also like the name of your master. Then perhaps, I could painlessly kill you."
Eshmun is taken aback by the glibness and the casual speak of death.
What kind of group have I gotten involved with? I mean sure they are soldiers but still to treat killing so lightly is a bit of a shock, unless this is some an interrogation. Hmm. well maybe we can get something out him with sweets instead of a stick. He turns to his teammates.
“What!? Kill him? I think there has been enough death already. We are better than that. He is cooperating, there are places he can go, places for slaves thought dead or escaped to hide and live on.”
Spinning to the captive he continues “Don’t be so quick to resign yourself to death, it may seem bleak now but your life can have meaning and we can help you find a new path. Just help us so we can help you.”
Invoke trust 40% 1d100 invoke: [79] = 79 Fail
Eshmun | EP Ledger | Other PC’s: Munzog
Stats and Abilities

PHYSICAL DATA
P.P.E.: 56/70
I.S.P.: 54/54
H.P.: 17/17
S.D.C.: 38/38
M.D.C.: 110/110

Racial Abilities
Nightvision 500’
Fair to good reflexes
50% to track by scent (+5% to follow a blood scent)
65% to recognize common odors

Natural Abilities
Perception: 36%+3% per level 41% on Ley Line.
Charm/Impress: -20%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 40%

60% +5%
The Psychic Sensitive is keenly aware of the world around him, thus, he or she feels or senses any major dis­turbances nearby. One such disturbance is the presence of supernatural evil. All supernatural beings radiate their alignment, most are evil. The Mystic can feel that evil like an icy chill cutting through him and tastes their vile thoughts like vomit. The sensation is unmistakable, costs no I.S.P., and is automatic, meaning the character does not have to open himself, nor be actively trying to sense anything. The evil washes over the Mystic, warning him like an alarm that supernatural evil is present. Range: Senses any supernatural evil within a 300’ radius, +20’ per additional level of experience starting with level two. However, the sensation is very general. The location and nature of the evil is unknown. To identify the cause and pinpoint its source, the psychic must open himself and use the "Sense Evil" psi-power. Along these same lines, the Mystic can sense when a person is possessed by a supernatural force, and can recognize magic enchantment. Base Abil­ity: 50% +5% per each additional level of experience.
RU pg. 118

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +0
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +1
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +1
Insanity (12+): +6
Psionics (12+): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Possession: +2
Disease: +1

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 110

Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 8 hour duration per E-clip

Book Reference: p.122, DB2

NE-3 Slim-Line "Gambler" Revolver
  • Range: 200'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 3-round cylinder (NE-001PC)
  • Weight: 1 lb.
  • Features: Superior balance; highly concealable
  • Modifiers: +1 to strike on aimed shots; +20% to conceal; W.P. Handguns or W.P. Energy Pistol
  • Book Reference: p.24-25, DB8
Patches
Group Leader

Post by Patches »

Perception: 1d100<24: [33] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [27] = 27 ]| 1d20: [4] = 4
  • Nightvision (Constant, no cost)
  • See the Invisible (Constant, no cost)
  • Sense A Rift: General direction only, any within 80 miles.
  • Sense Magic In Use: any within 300 feet, no direction or power sense
  • See magic Energy: -1 action per round. Aura around anything possessing or emanating 20 PPE or more.works on everything up to but not Invisibility Superior. Line of Sight.

Charm: 1d100<15: [21] = 0

Patches listens to the man babble. Another Spluggorth is attempting to poach dragons from Atlantis? Interesting.
Sum of All Fears wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:36 pm ”Forgive me if I seem to be babbling on. I like being alive, but at this point I am a dead man. No getting around it. Whether it’s at your hands or my Master’s death is assured for me. Even if you were to allow me to return I would be put to death for this failure. If you’re looking for my Master he is not here. Like not on Atlantis. He’s a Splougorth. Runs one of the mid level slave trade organizations. If you’re going after him then good luck. You won’t be the first to try. I hope you have more than the four of you.”
”You value your skills so little If you are writing your existence off so quickly.” Patches speaks softly to to prisoner, ensuring he understands the offer Patches is about to extend ”it is true your life is forfeit if you return to your master. It would also be forfeit if you scurry to Splynncrith and beg to be spared for hunting within his domain. Tell us all you know: Your masters name, it’s realm and every piece of intel you can share concerning the Temporal Raiders. If you do this, you may live. Under our protection you may continue to live until such a time that is determine that your slights against have been repaid. And then, you may go your way with no further question.”
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
P.P.E.: 123/153
I.S.P.: 41/51
M.D.C.: 21/21
Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Post by Sum of All Fears »

Date: October 23, 111PA
Time: 1410
Temp: 82F

The man looks between Skulls and Eshmun as if looking at two sides of the same coin. He finally looks back at Skulls and motions to Eshmun, ”You I understand, but is this his first time here?” He looks back to Eshmun, ”Look you seem like a nice guy so let me just tell you that even if I wanted to go into hiding or try and run and live on the streets in squalor, scrapping with other unfortunate bastards for food or water or basic survival needs. That's just not how I am. That’s not living and there is no reason to live if you're not going to live. I appreciate it though.”

The man tilts his head in thought to Patches proposal. ”Huh...Work for you. I mean I’m not opposed to the idea. I guess if you’re offering then I’m not really in a place to say no. The only person in the Master’s structure I worked with or knew was Powerlord Jargnath. He was in charge of giving us our food, training and jobs for the day. The Temporal Raider who took your friend looks like the other temporal raiders I’ve seen, although they are not that common around here. It’s hard for me to tell them apart. I did hear Jargnath call him ‘Toliver’ before departing. Toliver also mentioned he still had business to take care of here before he headed back to wherever he is from.” The man seems to think for a moment, ” Lizzy’s Bar. It's on the boarder between the slums and the slave market. That’s where he said he would be at in case the Powerlord needed him. Does that help?”

Rana:
Unfortunately it seems the scent of Yennefer ends abruptly in the warehouse. Seems as if she was loaded into a vehicle or teleported out of the warehouse.

Rana: You know Temporal Raiders and the Splugorth do not get along. They have an understanding, but the Splugorth do not like them or their temporal powers. You remember one of the former members knew a Temporal Raider once. Otherwise Temporal Raiders are known for being some of the best thieves in the multiverse. Unfortunately you have never heard of this Toliver before.

More bread crumbs...So...looks like it's time for a drink.

Butcher Bill:
Rana- (-36 MD Main Body; -6 MD Left Leg; -10 shots NE-8SL)
Skulls- (-3 shots Shotgun)
Patches- (-30 PPE, AOI currently at 30/30; -1 Wingboard shot)
Eshmun- (-2 Shots NE-3, -14 PPE)
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
Patches
Group Leader

Post by Patches »

Perception: 1d100<24: [57] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [81] = 81 ]| 1d20: [2] = 2
  • See magic Energy: -1 action per round. Aura around anything possessing or emanating 20 PPE or more.works on everything up to but not Invisibility Superior. Line of Sight.

Patches takes a moment to purposefully look to both Keeper of Skulls and Rana before continuing, begging either to speak up if they have an issue with Patches proposal. ”You will return to where the dragon was abducted and await our return. If your words lead us to what we seek, you may barter for our protection then.” He will pause once more to check again with Rana and Skulls. Then he will turn back to their new employee. ”I am Patches the Legless, and your life continues because of my consideration. If you betray that trust I have put in you-“ Patches draws slightly closer to the man. ”-I will eat you.”.

Patches will then turn his full attention to his allies. We have new prey. This ‘Toliver’ shall lead us to Jargnath, if we do not find him with Venenifer.” Patches adds the last part in an attempt to keep his allies’ hopes awake; The pythonan was beginning to believe finding the dragon would be more difficult than he first expected. This is fine. The longer it takes us to find their Dragon, the longer I can ingratiate myself upon them, and gain two powerful allies in the process.

”I am familiar with Draconga, not the Markets.” He looks to the the others. ”We must make time to this ‘Lizzy’s Bar’.” A singular fact keeps a small ray of hope alive for finding Venenifer: ”I can sense the openings of Rifts.I have dedicated none nearby… yet. If we continue our pursuit we may still be able to catch up…”

Patches is not slowed by his means of travel, He can make good speed with his Wingboard. His thoughts do go to his pistol. If more fighting is to happen, it may be wise to utilize it, even if it would require my psychic energy, and he has expended so much already..

Patches will look to the others for advice on how to proceed. He will look to Eshmun. ”Have have spend time here, yes? Are you familiar with this ‘Lizzy’s bar’?”
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception 44% = 1d100: [1] = 1
Crit. Success
JIC 1d20: [10] = 10 / JIC 1d100: [53] = 53

Hapless Slave wrote:”You I understand, but is this his first time here?”

Skulls nods in agreement. As the man continues to speak Skulls feels privileged to be a troll. Even as a child I posed a danger to the Splugorth, and for that I have had value to them. Trolls are durable.
Hapless Slave wrote:"Huh...Work for you. I mean I’m not opposed to the idea. I guess if you’re offering then I’m not really in a place to say no. The only person in the Master’s structure I worked with or knew was Powerlord Jargnath. He was in charge of giving us our food, training and jobs for the day. The Temporal Raider who took your friend looks like the other temporal raiders I’ve seen, although they are not that common around here. It’s hard for me to tell them apart. I did hear Jargnath call him ‘Toliver’ before departing. Toliver also mentioned he still had business to take care of here before he headed back to wherever he is from." "Lizzy’s Bar. It's on the boarder between the slums and the slave market. That’s where he said he would be at in case the Powerlord needed him. Does that help?"
The troll answers with grumble. Realizing the man may be unable understand his meaning, the Troll adds: "Yes yes most helpful." What can be assumed is smile, reveals more of his jagged teeth than usual. Skulls releases the man from his unwavering gaze. I am glad i did not squish the life from this slave. His fate is yet undetermined. Venenifer may not forgive him. But, I see no sport in his death, for now.
Patches the Legless wrote:"You return to where the dragon was abducted and await our return. If your words lead us to what we seek, you may barter for our protection then."
Skulls nods positively when Patches looks for consensus. Grinning, Skulls watches Patches negotiate. If the man has yet to offer his name, Skulls will ask: What may we call you? Once he has been given a name, the Troll states: "I am Skulls. I will look forward to speaking with you again."
Patches the Legless wrote: "We have new prey. This ‘Toliver’ shall lead us to Jargnath, if we do not find him with Venenifer."
"I am familiar with Draconga, not the Markets." "We must make time to this ‘Lizzy’s Bar’. "I can sense the openings of Rifts.I have dedicated none nearby… yet. If we continue our pursuit we may still be able to catch up…"
"I have been in the slave market. I can assume we are in the slums now?" Skulls replies. With renewed hope that they may yet find Venn, Skulls will leave the building. He will find a view the great pyramid. He will tilt his head and rapidly blink while he tries to apply his navigation skills.
Land Navigation 68% : 1d100: [73] = 73 Using the Great Pyramid as reference, Skulls tries to calculated distance and walking time to the slave markets. Skulls is largely unfamiliar with Splynn. However, he came from the slave markets original.
Fail
Skulls/Alias Meathook

Rana
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100: [4] = 4

JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9
JIC: 1d100: [58] = 58

Rana watches as Eshmun and Patches try to proffer the slave's life for his information. A sly trick. It could work... but only if we can get him out of Atlantis. Otherwise, we cannot guarantee his safety, any more than we could for Venenifer. Her scent... ends here. Vanished by magic, maybe, or loaded into a vehicle.
the slave wrote:"The only person in the Master’s structure I worked with or knew was Powerlord Jargnath"
Rana spits. "We know this one. He is no friend to us."
the slave wrote:"The Temporal Raider who took your friend looks like the other temporal raiders I’ve seen, although they are not that common around here. It’s hard for me to tell them apart. I did hear Jargnath call him ‘Toliver’ before departing. Toliver also mentioned he still had business to take care of here before he headed back to wherever he is from....Lizzy’s Bar. It's on the border between the slums and the slave market. That’s where he said he would be at in case the Powerlord needed him. Does that help?”
Toliver? I have not heard this name. Perhaps Kianra'Dea knew him. Perhaps not. This trail goes cold.
Patches wrote:"We have new prey. This ‘Toliver’ shall lead us to Jargnath, if we do not find him with Venenifer.”
Rana nods. "We hunt."

Land Navigation 48% 1d100: [67] = 67 (quickest path to the described location - FAIL)
Intelligence 44% 1d100: [14] = 14 (remember the layout of the city from the Sky Tour earlier - SUCCESS)

If successful, Rana will describe where they are in the city and the general direction they need to travel.
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131
ISP: 25/25

Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor
Helmet: 40/40
Arms: 25/25 (right) 25/25 (left)
Legs: 35/35 (right) 35/35 (left)
Main Body: 39/75

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
Eshmun

Post by Eshmun »

Perception 36% 41% on ley line [roll]1d100[/roll]
JIC 1d20[roll]1d20[/roll]
JIC 1d100[roll]1d100[/roll]
Active:
Rana wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:57 am
the slave wrote:
"The only person in the Master’s structure I worked with or knew was Powerlord Jargnath"

Rana spits. "We know this one. He is no friend to us."

the slave wrote:
"The Temporal Raider who took your friend looks like the other temporal raiders I’ve seen, although they are not that common around here. It’s hard for me to tell them apart. I did hear Jargnath call him ‘Toliver’ before departing. Toliver also mentioned he still had business to take care of here before he headed back to wherever he is from....Lizzy’s Bar. It's on the border between the slums and the slave market. That’s where he said he would be at in case the Powerlord needed him. Does that help?”
Toliver? I have not heard this name. Perhaps Kianra'Dea knew him. Perhaps not. This trail goes cold.

Patches wrote:
"We have new prey. This ‘Toliver’ shall lead us to Jargnath, if we do not find him with Venenifer.”

Rana nods. "We hunt."
Eshmun listens patiently “Lizzy’s? Rough bar. I have treated people involved in altercations there. Never been personally but if we can’t find it right away perhaps one of my patients can direct us.”
Seeing a plan come together Eshmun begins preparing to head out. Double checking that the team is uninjured or any bandages are still fresh and clean after the few skirmishes they have encountered.
Stats and Abilities

PHYSICAL DATA

Racial Abilities
Nightvision 500’
Fair to good reflexes

Natural Abilities

60% +5%
The Psychic Sensitive is keenly aware of the world around him, thus, he or she feels or senses any major dis­turbances nearby. One such disturbance is the presence of supernatural evil. All supernatural beings radiate their alignment, most are evil. The Mystic can feel that evil like an icy chill cutting through him and tastes their vile thoughts like vomit. The sensation is unmistakable, costs no I.S.P., and is automatic, meaning the character does not have to open himself, nor be actively trying to sense anything. The evil washes over the Mystic, warning him like an alarm that supernatural evil is present. Range: Senses any supernatural evil within a 300’ radius, +20’ per additional level of experience starting with level two. However, the sensation is very general. The location and nature of the evil is unknown. To identify the cause and pinpoint its source, the psychic must open himself and use the "Sense Evil" psi-power. Along these same lines, the Mystic can sense when a person is possessed by a supernatural force, and can recognize magic enchantment. Base Abil­ity: 50% +5% per each additional level of experience.
RU pg. 118

Saving Throw Bonuses

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:

Features:

• Modifiers: +1 to strike on aimed shots; +20% to conceal; W.P. Handguns or W.P. Energy Pistol
Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Time: 1440

The man looks at skulls for a moment, ”Name? Um..Seventy-Eight. Only thing I have ever been called.” He nods at the offer to wait at the Hell Blazers HQ. ”I was not part of that team but I know the location. I shall await you there Masters.” With that he begins to slowly make his way away from the Hell Blazers.

After a little quess work the group is able to find their way to Lizzy’s Bar. It’s brightly lit with neon colors swirling in magic signs. The holograms of scantily clad females of all races swim through the air before the entrance. The Hell Blazers are taken back for a moment as no one would ever call this a Bar...It is most definitely an adult entertainment establishment.

The “Bar” has two security robots flanking the door, which is attended by a female human clad in a skin tight black suit with blood red piping accentuating her curves she is definitely off the scale as far as beauty goes. Rana thinks she could even give Veniffer a run for her money in the looks department. While the suit may cover her from neck to wrists to ankles, it hugs her body so close it leaves nothing to the imagination.

”Welcome to Lizzy’s Bar. No magic, no weapons, no causing trouble. If you want a private dance find an attendant. No talking to the dancers directly. Please enjoy yourselves.” She bows as the doors open. Everyone has to wonder how she can maintain a 90 degree bow like that with her assets. Once past the doors everyone sees a weapons check station and a full body scanner. The rough looking Grackletooth behind the counter grunts at the group. ”Check all your weapons in. No trying to sneak anything in. you do I’ll blast you myself.”

Welcome to Lizzy’s Bar...What now?

Butcher Bill:

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
Patches
Group Leader

Post by Patches »

Perception: 1d100<24: [86] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [51] = 51 ]| 1d20: [3] = 3

Patches arrives at Lizzies bar and can’t help but let out a hiss of annoyance. One part of sentients I shall never understand is their constant need for sexual stimulation. His own reproduction was such more instinctual than mammals, and their need to flaunt their sexuality confused him.

”I do not know how effective I will be inside this establishment. Mammalian mating practices have always eluded me.” He will look to others. without my wingboard I doubt traversing the floors of this establishment will be…peasant. Sometimes my previous owner would drape me across her shoulders when she was in humanoid form, she said I was an enticing addition to any outfit.” Patches states matter of factly. If no one wants to carry me inside, I will have to wait out here to see if they find anything out. Patches muses as he decides he will not be slithering across a bar or brothels floor.

Once inside -if he goes inside- he will do his best to support his allies in their search for information.
Invoke Trust: 1d100<16: [90] = 0
Patches will activate Telepathy to assist in their search: read surface thoughts within 60 ft | 6 minutes | -4 ISP
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
Rana
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100: [86] = 86

JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4
JIC: 1d100: [95] = 95
78 wrote:"Name? Um..Seventy-Eight"
Rana looks at the little human with something akin to pity.

"No. Now you are Fesrakh*. Do not again answer to a number."

She watches as he leaves. May his fool's luck find him safely to our khesh**. After a moment, when he is out of sight, she wonders, How do they now have me feeling for these slaves? He is worthless to our bajrak and yet I have given him a name and wished him luck? What foolishness is this?

She follows the crew until they reach the gaudily-appointed snakepit called Lizzie's. I have seen places such as these. It is where women of no respect may be purchased by men of no worth.
Patches wrote:”I do not know how effective I will be inside this establishment. Mammalian mating practices have always eluded me. Sometimes my previous owner would drape me across her shoulders when she was in humanoid form, she said I was an enticing addition to any outfit.”
Rana eyes him warily. "This is not a place for mating. This is a place for... rutting." Then she grasps him and drapes his coils across her shoulders. "Do not become... familiar," she warns him.

With that, she approaches the front entrance.
hostess wrote:”Welcome to Lizzy’s Bar. No magic, no weapons, no causing trouble. If you want a private dance find an attendant. No talking to the dancers directly. Please enjoy yourselves.”
Rana nods at the human woman - attractive by human standards but with too little sinew, and the fangs too similar to those of a small child to really attract an ogre - and passes her by.
Grackletooth weapons valet wrote:”Check all your weapons in. No trying to sneak anything in. You do I’ll blast you myself.”
Rana unceremoniously divests herself of all weapons, and enters the establishment. Blast me and I'll claw my way out of my grave and tear you to pieces in your sleep, lizard.

... I've done it before.

* Fesrakh - Gobblely word for "lucky fool".
**Khesh - campsite, home, cave. Wherever a Bajrak makes bivouac, either permanently or temporarily
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131

Conditions
+15 MDC (Talisman of Marduk; factored in above) and +1 vs. Magic (Talisman of Marduk) - Constant
-10% to climb, -15% to other physical skills (Ironwood Vampire Hunter Armor) - Constant
Eshmun

Post by Eshmun »

Perception 36% 41% on ley line 1d100: [23] = 23
JIC 1d20 1d20: [16] = 16
JIC 1d100 1d100: [46] = 46
Active:
Rana wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:01 am "No. Now you are Fesrakh*. Do not again answer to a number."
Eshmun clasps his hands together and sighs “Aww thats so sweet, you named him.”
Turning to the former slave. “Yes Fesrakh find the kitchen and prepare a stew or a nice casserole the team will be hungry after the adventure”
Patches wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:44 am ”I do not know how effective I will be inside this establishment. Mammalian mating practices have always eluded me.” He will look to others. without my wingboard I doubt traversing the floors of this establishment will be…peasant. Sometimes my previous owner would drape me across her shoulders when she was in humanoid form, she said I was an enticing addition to any outfit.”
Rana wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:01 am Rana eyes him warily. "This is not a place for mating. This is a place for... rutting." Then she grasps him and drapes his coils across her shoulders. "Do not become... familiar," she warns him.
The color drains from Eshmuns pale face. ”Mating, Rutting? I knew this place was dangerous, but no one mentioned near certain death awaited. Ooohh this can only end badly ”
Scurrying closer to Rana, Eshmun heads towards the bar.
Sum of All Fears wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:00 am ”Welcome to Lizzy’s Bar. No magic, no weapons, no causing trouble. If you want a private dance find an attendant. No talking to the dancers directly. Please enjoy yourselves.” She bows as the doors open. Everyone has to wonder how she can maintain a 90 degree bow like that with her assets. Once past the doors everyone sees a weapons check station and a full body scanner. The rough looking Grackletooth behind the counter grunts at the group. ”Check all your weapons in. No trying to sneak anything in. you do I’ll blast you myself.”
oh great now we go unarmed. this gets better and better.

Eshmun surrenders his weapons and heads into the bar nervously. sticking close to the group.
Stats and Abilities

PHYSICAL DATA

Racial Abilities
Nightvision 500’
Fair to good reflexes

Natural Abilities

60% +5%
RU pg. 118

Saving Throw Bonuses

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:

Features:

Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception: 44% = 1d100: [20] = 20
Pass
JIC : 1d20: [9] = 9 / JIC : 1d100: [4] = 4

Skulls was silent As Ferakn, their adopted pet departed. He is lucky I did not kill him. I hope he is alive when we return. later as they make their way to Lizzies Bar Skulls draws close to Rana. Ferakh. Well named. During the journey Skulls felt oddly free. Conservators looking for him and fear of his original master were obscured. Skulls had been prepared for a bar. He is visibly impressed by the signage outside of Lizzies. Skulls recognizes the establishment type immediately. A house of companionship.

Eshmun wrote:"Mating, Rutting? I knew this place was dangerous, but no one mentioned near certain death awaited. Ooohh this can only end badly"
Skull’s senses distress from Eshmun. Skulls turns from the holo to the healer.
Lore Demons and Monsters : 60% = 1d100: [1] = 1 of Staphra.
Crit Pass."This is a place of bussiness Eshmun, the mating is optional."
Hostess wrote:"Welcome to Lizzy’s Bar. No magic, no weapons, no causing trouble. If you want a private dance find an attendant. No talking to the dancers directly. Please enjoy yourselves."

Skulls at his least menacing: Thank you. I will enjoy myself... and follow your rules. He genuinely likes being welcomed. Though not into humans, Skull’s appreciates beauty.

This lovely creature would knows if 'Toliver' is within. We can not risk asking.
Grackletooth wrote:"Check all your weapons in. No trying to sneak anything in. you do I’ll blast you myself."
Skull’s appears eager to pass security, and happily deposits his revolver and shotgun with the Grackletooth. Now that I am an unarmed Troll, Grackle probably feels better. Let us hope this 'Toliver' is not well liked. What do Dimensional Raiders look like and how do we blend in?
Lore Demons and Monsters: 60% = 1d100: [8] = 8 Knowledge of Dimensional Raider appearance and traits.
Pass.

Once inside Skulls will remove himself from traffic, pause, and drink the space in. After a wide scan, Skull’s will broadly grin and remark: "Heaven." With gratuitous ritual he closes the visor of his helmet, before migrating towards the entertainment. He adds a jiggle to his step. If the Troll is exposed to music, his shoulders and neck-head will occasionally twitch. He will take a relaxed tour of Lizzies, before finding a place to loiter. His focus will appear to be entertainment.
Skulls/Alias Meathook

Venenifer

Post by Venenifer »

Time: 1445

Patches, as he decides to not slither about on a bar floor, feels himself hoisted by Rana and draped over her shoulders before she walks into the entrance with Eshmun and Skulls close in tow. Skulls feels a sudden dump in his head as he recalls the Staphra; a society where the woman were warriors and the males were healers. Skulls recalls seeing our hearing somewhere in his travels that the Staphra had capitulated to the Splurgoth and serves them willingly. There are a few outsiders who are rumored to want freedom but they are rare and usually considered to be exiles.

After surrendering all their weapons, they are allowed entrance to the bar floor. Once the doors open, the team hears a thundering techno-style music (90-110 decibel) that leads them to a floor lined with small stools and booths that circle a large center stage, Skulls can feel his shoulders twitch slightly. Hanging above the stage are various dancers of several races and genders, scantily clad if wearing anything at all, dancing in a cage. Lining the walls are display monitors that zoom in on various dancers from above. All this while the main show is conducted on the stage. Eshmun and Skulls can both see what look like private sections on a second level ring that is almost impossible to notice given the lighting.

Skulls decides on a leisurely stroll through the adult bar and finds himself almost impressed by the sheer quantity of races and traits that are suitable for adult entertainment. Thinking on the idea of a Dimensional Raider and their rumored appearance or other traits. He recalls the so-called temporal raiders, demonic looking beings clad in armor and quite imposing; they are often cloaked by some means. Also that they usually obsessed with wealth and power. Unfortunately for Skulls, many patrons exist in the bar that could be described as demonic. Eshmun follows Skulls and senses a great deal of supernatural evil that is permeating the place; not unexpected given the city he is in. In his moment of hesitation as his eyes refocus, Eshmun sees a figure that is cloaked and seemingly staring right at him.

Rana and Patches follow Skulls lead and case the place, both quickly losing their allies in the crowd and now a lost spectator to the main show. Patches peels his mind away to scan for surface thoughts. He can see many surface thoughts circling around money, lust, shame and power. Patches does hear a couple key lines that peak his interest. Captured a dragon!? and Dimensional Trophy Hunter. Unfortunately, in his haste, he couldn't identify whom each thought originated from.
4-Point is who is looking at Eshmun. 3-point is the general area of the thoughts Patches heard.
4-Point is who is looking at Eshmun. 3-point is the general area of the thoughts Patches heard.
You're in the bar... What now?

Butcher Bill:
Venenifer, the Royal Frilled Dragon

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
╭∩╮(=^ェ^=)╭∩╮
Rana
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100: [94] = 94

JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16
JIC: 1d100: [85] = 85

Eshmun wrote:“Aww thats so sweet, you named him.”
Rana looks to Eshmun. He... mocks me? She realizes that she did in fact name that slave, almost as if she had affection for him, though she could tell herself it was because his number was dishonorable... she had in fact chastised herself for this very tenderheadedness.

Then Rana does the unexpected. She smiles and chuckles at the Staphra. After a moment, she says "Let us try to find our friend. Keep your eyes open."

Now I let my Bajrak make jest of me? What am I coming to?

Once inside the bar, Rana wanders, willing to let Patches dictate a direction - though seh keeps her eyes and other senses open for signs of Venenifer. If she smells the dragonling's blood on anyone in the bar, she will scrutinize them carefully before pointing them out to Patches.

Track blood scent 68% 1d100: [97] = 97 (try to smell Venenifer's blood, if present on anyone inside - FAIL)

Intelligence 44% 1d100: [60] = 60 (try to identify any temporal raiders in here, based on her previous familiarity with a few - FAIL)
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131

Conditions
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Lord of skulls »

perception : 44% = 1d100: [77] = 77
Fail
JIC : 1d20: [7] = 7 / JIC : 1d100: [44] = 44
Skulls tries to exercise some tact. The Troll’s awkward twitches are in reaction to the music, this may not be apparent to those around him. He could suppress them. but, the Troll feels it helps to hide his true intent. He will seem distracted by the dancers, and appear in a good mood.
I may have walked by ‘Toliver’ and not even known. He may yet reveal himself. Until then, we must blend. Such attractive surroundings...
A dancer of large proportions stops all of his thoughts. For a minute his task is forgotten, Skulls is transfixed. He peels his gaze from the dancer, and turns to Eshmun. The females here, pose you no threat. We need drinks. I shall return. Skulls will shuffles off to the bar area. Once there, he will address the relevant party that is dispensing drinks: Greeting. May I have four tasty beverages?
Barter : 42% = 1d100: [96] = 96 Skulls is trying to not stick out. Also does not want to piss off the staff. The skill is his attempt to follow the customs
Fail
Assuming acquiring drinks is simple, Skulls will return with them to Eshmun. He will claim a space to set the drinks, and offer one to the Staphra. Then Skulls will resume loitering, now with his visor up and a beverage in hand. The spare drinks he will save for Rana and Patches should they appear. He keeps the VIP section in the corner of his vision, stealing a glance into the darkened space occasionally.
Where are you Toliver?
Skulls/Alias Meathook

Patches
Group Leader

Post by Patches »

Perception: 1d100<24: [91] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [52] = 52 | 1d20: [2] = 2
  • Telepathy (1/6 minutes): Read surface thoughts within 60 feet

Patches keeps his head on a swivel as they enter, taking in as much as he can. He peers around, looking and listening. As he peers around the night club, his ear holes itch as they catch the hints of what what they are looking for. ”We are in the right place.” Patches whispers to Rana. ”Someone close knows how to find our prey. The Tables on our flanks- there, and there.”

Patches looks around the room, trying to see if there is any obvious vip area or back area being guarded. They would not have brought Ven here. But they will not be expecting us here either.”Our kidnapper is here. And I think he is bragging.”
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
Eshmun

Post by Eshmun »

Perception 36% 41% on ley line 1d100: [77] = 77 Fail
JIC 1d20 1d20: [4] = 4
JIC 1d100 1d100: [98] = 98
Active:

Eshmun follows Skulls closely as they enter. He is assulted by the music and the sight of so many scantily clad women. Huh. They are mostly small and frail women, well toned and shapley yes. But certainly not warriors. Why, i could survive a mating with most of them. Maybe this wont be so bad after all. He muses to himself as they wander the club.

Skulls stops suddenly and Eshmun follows his gaze to one of the larger dancers oh gods i spoke to soon he steps behind Skulls to block line of sight to the woman
Lord of skulls wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:23 pm The females here, pose you no threat. We need drinks. I shall return.
”Yes, I must repeat to myself these are not Staphran women. I will find us a table”Eshmun replies while studying Skulls object of attention.

While Skulls get the drinks Eshmun searches the area for an open table to fit his companions.
As luck would have it a group vacated a table and a staff person is clearing the mess.
Eshmun sits down quickly to claim the new table. Surveying the crowd now he focuses on the nagging sensations that have been pulling at his mind. There is much evil here, but no more than normal for this city i suppose. A hooded figure in a booth catches his eye only because he caught him looking back at him. Eshmun quickly looks away and scans the room but everytime he comes back to the hooded figure he is still looking. Eshmun tries to get a better look at the robes looking for emblems from his past or similar cut and style of his current aggressors.
Perception
Perception roll failed
Skulls returns with the drinks and Eshmun accepts his offered drink. After the distraction of Skulls return Eshmun looks to the hooded figure once more and uses Empathy
Psionics
ISP:4 hood gets standard save vs empathy on fail i can read his emotions for 6 minutes up to 100’
to read his emotional state to determine if he is a threat or not.
Stats and Abilities

PHYSICAL DATA

Racial Abilities
Nightvision 500’
Fair to good reflexes

Natural Abilities

60% +5%
RU pg. 118

Saving Throw Bonuses

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:

Features:

Venenifer

Post by Venenifer »

Time: 1446

[Rana and Patches]

Rana continues to wander, trying to catch wind of her friends scent or something close to it. Straining, the Coldblooded Ogre has yet to pick on her scent, faint nor heavy. Patches then breaks her train of thought to point out the groupings of tables in which Patches heard the thoughts, causing the ogre to pause in her step to look. Patches then picks up another thought; Is- is that an Ogre carrying a snake? ... I've not seen a snake show yet... followed by another one. Shit. Bar's being cased. and then feels a mental block.

Rana looks around and sees one of the occupants of the tables in the northeast corner get up right as she pauses. Pausing still to look, the Ogre sees the figure disappear in the crowd towards the stairwell leading to VIP.

[Eshmun and Skulls]

Skulls approaches a beautiful woman of pale skin and sharp facial features who stands behind the bar, she seems to also have several pairs of arms. "You got it, big boy." She says and walks back, mixing four drinks as chaos ensues behind the bar with another half dozen beings serving others and her own arms operating with a impressive finesse. Still looking around, trying to blend in, Skulls hears the clank of the drinks as they land in front of him. "Alright, that'll be 16 credits." She says and, after taking payment, leans in closer. "Try mingling or at least sitting down. You guys stick out like a skullhead." She whispers with a wink before walking away from Skulls, leaving him at the bar with the four drinks.

When Skulls leaves the Staphra Mystic, Eshmun is quickly able to lay claim to a recently vacated table and sits there, apparently losing himself in thought a moment until he spots the hooded figure. Quickly looking away, then returning to look, the Staphra can feel concern and decides to gauge the emotional state of them by extending his senses, and he feels nothing. Eshmun can feel concern mounting as Skulls returns and slams down the four drinks on the table. In that brief instant, the hooded figure vanishes from the Staphra's sight.

Skulls and Eshmun now find themselves sitting at the table with four drinks and only two of them; their allies lost in the crowd somewhere.

Grey 4-point is who Eshmun looked at and subsequentially vanished.<br />Grey 3-point is the one Rana watches get up towards the stairs.
Grey 4-point is who Eshmun looked at and subsequentially vanished.
Grey 3-point is the one Rana watches get up towards the stairs.

What are you doing... now?

Butcher Bill:
Venenifer, the Royal Frilled Dragon

Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead
╭∩╮(=^ェ^=)╭∩╮
Rana
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100: [27] = 27 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5
JIC: 1d100: [13] = 13
Patches wrote:”We are in the right place. Someone close knows how to find our prey. The Tables on our flanks- there, and there. ...Our kidnapper is here. And I think he is bragging.”
Rana swivels to look where Patches indicates, and, with zero subtlety, she pivots in that direction.

I will find our Venenifer even if I must read the answer in their entrails.

She approaches the table, smelling them to see if they bear a familiar scent.

Track blood/death scent 68% 1d100: [3] = 3 (CRIT. SUCCESS)

In the Bajrak of my home, if one had stolen from you, the thing to do is to accuse them openly, and have a fight about it. We are not in my home. This is a new Bajrak.

She hesitates, looking to Patches.

I am not one for trickery... but I can at least stalk my prey.

"Greetings. I have been told to inquire here... I am told you can obtain things for people, yes? Is this so?"
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131

Conditions
Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception : 44% = 1d100: [95] = 95
Fail.
JIC : 1d20: [19] = 19 / JIC 1d100: [2] = 2
Skulls thinks in Troll, and speaks in Dragonese/Elven unless otherwise stated.\
Barkeep wrote:"Try mingling or at least sitting down. You guys stick out like a skullhead."
Her words only confirmed, what Skulls had anticipated from the beginning. He forces a chuckle :"We don’t get out much. Forgive us nice lady."

Our intent is known by the House. But, will Toliver know we are here for him?

Skull’s is pleased to find Eshmun has found them a table. He forces a relaxed sprawl, even though his instincts tell him otherwise. Mindful to look at the dancers, Skulls wills himself to blend into the scenery. A few Troll sips into his beverage, and he finds it empty. It seems such a tiny thing. Skulls will start on one of the spares, and then turn to Eshmun."We have been noticed. Here we will wait."

Skulls will try to appear casual, but he is putting real effort into detecting irregularities.
Perception : 44% = 1d100: [100] = 100 He is waiting for their prey to get flushed out.
Crit. Fail. 00
Skulls/Alias Meathook

Patches
Group Leader

Post by Patches »

Perception: 1d100<24: [75] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 | 1d100: [25] = 25
  • Telepathy (6/6 minutes): Read surface thoughts within 60 feet

Patches continue his observation of the venue from Rana’s shoulders. I will need to spend some time on a Ley Line. A lot of time. The Pythonan chides himself for the amount of psychic and magical energy he has been eating through in the past few hours. Despite this, He reactivates his Telepathy Power[-4 PPE], searching both for more signs of their hunter, and also any mental signals that indicate any potential conflict. ”I do not enjoy crowdss. Draconga is more prone to open foyers and extra space then such cramped confines as this.” Beyond to conserve warmth, the need to be so confined close to other beings is… annoying.
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
Eshmun

Post by Eshmun »

Perception 36% 41% on ley line 1d100: [58] = 58 Fail!
JIC 1d20 1d20: [18] = 18
JIC 1d100 1d100: [55] = 55
Active:

Watching the robed guy closely Eshmun is distracted by the return of his team mate. Helping him get settled he sits back down and sips his drink. “surprisingly good” Eshmun mutters. “There is a hooded figure at the table to our left who is staring at me” whispering to Skulls which in this place is close to a shout. Eshmun casually turns to his left to check on his observer, but he’s gone. Oh shit where'd he go? Eshmun spins around much less casually now searching the crowd for the hooded figure. He blurts out rapidly while scanning “aw crap, he’s gone. Maybe it’s nothing but hooded figures never are a good sign. I will see if i can find him again”
Stats and Abilities

PHYSICAL DATA

Racial Abilities
Nightvision 500’
Fair to good reflexes

Natural Abilities

60% +5%
RU pg. 118

Saving Throw Bonuses

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:

Features:

Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Time: 1456

Eshmun and Skulls talk over the drinks purchased at the bar. Eshmun tries in vain to locate the hooded individual he had seen previously. Eshmun remembers he was near the VIP entrance the last he saw the figure.

Rana and Patches move up to one of the tables that patches indicated he got a mental hit on. Rana with all the subtlety of a brick through a window askes the individual if he can obtain things for her. The individual looks the pair over for a moment. ”You're cute, but I didn’t order whatever you are serving. Now leave me be.” He dismissively waves his hand at them. Before Rana can say anything back, she catches a hint of the blood scent she has been looking for. It is brief, like the passing whiff of a familiar perfume. With so many other smells competing for dominance here it’s a miracle she caught it at all. It seems whoever the smell was on brushed against the table Rana is at before moving further into the establishment. Rana detects the smell coming from the VIP area.

The Hell Blazers are soon the subject of many sideways glances and whispered conversations. While Eshmun and Skulls look somewhat like patrons, they ordered drinks, Rana and Patches are receiving most of the attention. It is very clear that a lot of illicit activity happens here and the way the hell Blazers are acting has many patrons worried. One of the bouncers, who looks like a demon bull, moves over to Rana, ”Quit causing a scene. Get your entertainment or drinks and keep to yourself. Any more of this and your going to be out on your ass understand me?”

Great...you pissed off the management...Now what?

Butcher Bill:

Rana
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100: [43] = 43

JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19
JIC: 1d100: [75] = 75
suspicious person wrote:”You're cute, but I didn’t order whatever you are serving. Now leave me be.”
Rana cocks her head at this.
Bouncer wrote:”Quit causing a scene. Get your entertainment or drinks and keep to yourself. Any more of this and your going to be out on your ass understand me?”
She turns to look incredulously at the bouncer.

Glaring, she proceeds to the table where the other Hellblazers sit.

I do not understand this foul place. I only sought information - I offended no one. Yet they all act as if injured. Are they so weak?

Turning to her companions, she notes "One of the individuals over there bears the blood scent I am tracking. Or did. There are many smells in this place."

"We must find our companion and be rid of this place."
Last edited by Rana on Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131

Conditions
Eshmun

Post by Eshmun »

Perception 36% 41% on ley line 1d100: [19] = 19 Pass
JIC 1d20 1d20: [10] = 10
JIC 1d100 1d100: [70] = 70
Active:
Rana wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:39 am "One of the individuals over there bears the blood scent I am tracking. Or did. There are many smells in this place."

"We must find our companion and be rid of this place."
“Agreed, i was tracking someone in a hooded robe who was staring at me but I lost him near the VIP section. I don’t know if he ducked in there or slipped out through the crowd. The noise and evil emanations of this place is very distracting. The sooner we leave, the better. ” Munzog says while scanning the room for other hooded figures or anyone paying too much attention.
Stats and Abilities

PHYSICAL DATA

Racial Abilities
Nightvision 500’
Fair to good reflexes

Natural Abilities

60% +5%
RU pg. 118

Saving Throw Bonuses

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:

Features:

Lord of skulls
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Lord of skulls »

Perception: 44% = 1d100: [97] = 97
Hard Fail
JIC : 1d20: [12] = 12 / JIC 1d100: [84] = 84
The VIP area has intrigued Skulls. He has purposely avoided giving the area more than a sideways glance, despite his interest. Logically that is where the highest roller would hold court. Is that Tolliver? Easy to be a High Roller in early afternoon, no?

When Rana and Patches appear, he will offer Rana the last drink. "The drinks are to hide our intent." Skulls indicates the empty and adds: "I had one for you Patches, but alas, these beverages are tiny."
Eshmun wrote:“Agreed, i was tracking someone in a hooded robe who was staring at me but I lost him near the VIP section. I don’t know if he ducked in there or slipped out through the crowd. The noise and evil emanations of this place is very distracting. The sooner we leave, the better. ”
Skulls will light a cigarette before weighing in. "So if we assume our prey is in the VIP, how do we access this space without a brawl? I was informed by the Barkeep that we stand out like ‘Skullheads’. I fear, even if we find the source of blood-scent, we will be unable to ambush. Worse yet, they may slip away while we are regaining our weapons." Skulls will continue with his casual posture and will nurse the last sips of his second drink. His gut tells him to prepare an ambush. How, remains a puzzle to the troll.
Skulls/Alias Meathook

Patches
Group Leader

Post by Patches »

Perception: 1d100<24: [99] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 | 1d100: [21] = 21

Patches squints at the demon-guard as it approaches but says nothing, preferring to stay silent and act the part of the pet unless proven otherwise. None of us are suited for such social encounters… The Pythonan muses to himself as the team regroups.
Lord of skulls wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:36 am "I had one for you Patches, but alas, these beverages are tiny."
”Do not trouble yourself. I do not think I would enjoy any concoction from this establishment.” Patches bobs his head at the sentiment however.
Lord of skulls wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:36 am Skulls will light a cigarette before weighing in. "So if we assume our prey is in the VIP, how do we access this space without a brawl? I was informed by the Barkeep that we stand out like ‘Skullheads’. I fear, even if we find the source of blood-scent, we will be unable to ambush. Worse yet, they may slip away while we are regaining our weapons." Skulls will continue with his casual posture and will nurse the last sips of his second drink. His gut tells him to prepare an ambush. How, remains a puzzle to the troll.
Patches agrees, looking around the bar. ”This is not a favorable hunting ground for us. We should rethink our approach and await our target outside of the establishment. Seek to ambush him as he leaves.” Patches muses. ”Or we try money. Bribes are usually universal in their ability to elicit the desired information, Though vacating these premises seems like a favorable option- we are not currently at the advantage in here.”

Even still, patches will look around the building, trying to determine if the building has any air ducts or similar, smaller passages typically overlooked by security.
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Time: 1458

Rana, Skulls, Patches, Eshmun

The group discusses the possibilities of getting into the VIP chambers at their table. Everyone present seems to be of the same mind set that they are out of their element in this bar. Rana knows she is better suited for tracking in less congested areas and personal interactions are difficult. Patches realises the way he is now he looks more like an ornament then an actual being. As they sit there talking low, Eshmun picks up on a slight change in the atmosphere of the bar. There is now a second bouncer at the VIP entrance, the bartender that served them is gone, and a chill seems to be running through the air. Did a shadow just move? Or was it your imagination? Just your imagination. A feeling of wrongness comes over Patches. Something is not right here. The Hellblazers are still at their table. The crowd is still around them and seems to be fine so where are these feelings coming from?

Erebos

Erebos feels right at home in this kind of operation. Lots of shadows and people to blend in with. While he notes some parts of the “bar” are for other purposes he pushes those thoughts from his mind as he takes the lead with Kianra following close behind. Cutting through the crowd like a dance Erebos feels alive for the first time in a long while. He hears in his ear, ”Management is accommodating. Security is under our control. Targets identified. Gathered around a standing table about 20 feet off the bar to the southwest.” The cold calculating voice warms Erebos’s heart as it feels good to work with professionals he can rely on. Celeste chimes in again, ”Targets confirmed, one Ogre, one Troll, one Pythonan, one Staphra. They are agitated and on alert. Complete your task. No survivors.” Kianra moves to flank from the south of the tables location. Erebos can not see the occupants at the table yet due to the crowd of people. You are about 50 feet from the table and 30 feet from being able to see your targets.

Dedicated Prowl roll is advised.

Hey Guess what...It’s your turn guys. Post for the next 1-3 minutes of game time.

Butcher Bill:

Eshmun

Post by Eshmun »

Perception 36% 41% on ley line 1d100: [31] = 31
JIC 1d20 1d20: [14] = 14
JIC 1d100 1d100: [29] = 29
Active:

Eshmun looks around nervously. Sensing a change in the crowd and an extra guard showing up at the VIP area sets a bad vibe for him. He faces the team and says.“They beefed up guards at the VIP room. If we are doing something we should do it before security get too tight. If we are leaving, we should go before things get out of hand. I’m jumping at shadows as it is. ”
Stats and Abilities

PHYSICAL DATA

Racial Abilities
Nightvision 500’
Fair to good reflexes

Natural Abilities

60% +5%
RU pg. 118

Saving Throw Bonuses

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:

Features:

Érebos

Post by Érebos »

Perception: d%: [28] = 28 /57%
See perception modifiers here
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (>300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level.
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.
JIC (100): d%: [53] = 53
JIC (20): d20: [10] = 10

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds): Aura of Darkness (50:00); Shadow Vision (20:00); Shade Armor (10:00)

Unless otherwise stated, Érebos speaks in Dragonese during dialogue and thinks in Ancient Greek.

Sum of All Fears wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:46 pm Date: October 23, 111PA
Time: 1458

Erebos

Erebos feels right at home in this kind of operation. Lots of shadows and people to blend in with. While he notes some parts of the “bar” are for other purposes he pushes those thoughts from his mind as he takes the lead with Kianra following close behind. Cutting through the crowd like a dance Erebos feels alive for the first time in a long while. He hears in his ear, ”Management is accommodating. Security is under our control. Targets identified. Gathered around a standing table about 20 feet off the bar to the southwest.” The cold calculating voice warms Erebos’s heart as it feels good to work with professionals he can rely on. Celeste chimes in again, ”Targets confirmed, one Ogre, one Troll, one Pythonan, one Staphra. They are agitated and on alert. Complete your task. No survivors.” Kianra moves to flank from the south of the tables location. Erebos can not see the occupants at the table yet due to the crowd of people. You are about 50 feet from the table and 30 feet from being able to see your targets.

Dedicated Prowl roll is advised.

Hey Guess what...It’s your turn guys. Post for the next 1-3 minutes of game time.
Prowl Roll (including bonuses from spells and situational bonuses from AT stealth)---> d%: [18] = 18 / 112%
Bonuses Applied
  • +5% to Prowl when using appropriate camouflage.
  • +5% to Prowl when moving slowly and carefully at a Spd of 5 or less.
  • +5% for Shade Armor, +10% for Aura of Darkness
Undercover Ops (blend with crowd/"disappear", observe without being noticed) --> d%: [17] = 17 / 77%

The Shadow Mage is in his element... dark, shadowy, with lots of opportunities to do what he does best - sneak around.

"Roger that. Approaching targets with caution. Please advise on known threat capabilities, arms, and defenses," he replies.

Just like old times, Kianra. Classic... he thinks approvingly as Kianra circles around to flank.

With a few brief waves of his hand and soft murmurs, the Sunaj grant himself the ability to see through all manner of shadows and darkness via Shadow Vision, will cover himself in Shade Armor, and cloak himself in an Aura of Darkness to assist with his approach.

Stealthily, blending in with the crowd as he moves, he approaches the targets while waiting for his reply about what to expect from them.

When he gets to within visual ID range, he will visually examine their targets.

Lore: Galactic Aliens (ID anything/anyone he doesn't recognize) ---> d%: [56] = 56 /72%
Lore: Demons & Monsters (ID anything/anyone he doesn't recognize) ---> d%: [30] = 30 /72%
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic (ID anything/anyone he doesn't recognize) ---> d%: [91] = 91 /57%
Lore: Atlantis and the Splugorth (ID anything/anyone he doesn't recognize) ---> d%: [56] = 56 /57%

CONTINGENCY

IF Erebos sees Hellblazers sitting at the table (i.e. he can positively ID Rana or Skulls - he doesn't know Eshmun or Patches), it will get his wheels spinning.

What's going on? There must be some mistake...

IF Erebos does not see Hellblazers (either they're out of view/obscured or they aren't seen at the table for some other reason), he will act normally.

Regardless of which is the case, he will radio to confirm before proceeding any further. I have acquired visual ID. Confirm these are the correct targets. I say again, confirm these are the correct targets.

Spells cast:
Aura of Darkness
Range: Self or one other by touch. Creates an aura of darkness that radiates 2 feet around the affected individual.
Duration: Ten minutes per level of experience (Shadow Mage)
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Three (Shadow Mage)
This cloaking spell is ideal in darkness for hiding, escape, and setting up an ambush (+10% to Prowl). This magic cloaks the spellcaster in a form-fitting aura or field of darkness that follows her everywhere, making her a hazy black silhouette. The mage can see perfectly from within the haze of darkness, but those outside the radius of magic cannot see into it. At night, it renders the cloaked individual virtually invisible, although she can still be detected by infrared, thermal, motion detectors, and similar sensor systems. Furthermore, the Aura of Darkness may noticeably obscure a particular part of the background or area around her, making it obvious to visual detection in especially well-lit areas, or when bathed in light – the magic darkness cannot be dispelled by the ordinary light, but stands out like a sore thumb.
In combat, opponents who attack a character cloaked in darkness from any distance are -2 to strike due to the fact that they cannot see exactly where her head, face, heart, etc. is located unless guided by thermal-optics or similar heat-based optic systems, and even then, they are -1 to strike. Likewise, skills like Pick Pockets and Palming (trying to plant something on the obscured character) are performed against the black blur at half proficiency because their target is obscured in the equivalent of a black cloud.
Shadow Vision
Range: Self; line of sight up to 100 feet
Duration: Four minutes per level of the spell caster (Shadow Mage)
P.P.E.: Four (Shadow Mage)
This spell enables the spell caster to see in shadows and darkness as well as through Shadow Magic darkness, including Aura of Darkness, Shadow Mask, Shadow Meld, Shadow Pool and other types of Shadow spells. This enchantment also enables the spell caster to see the Shadow Melded, the entrance to Shadow Holes, Shadow Pools, Shadow Traps are outlined and visible, and the combat penalties (?) of Shade Armor are negated.
Shade Armor
Range: Self, or two others by touch, or cast upon one other up to 100 feet away; line of sight required.
Duration: Two minutes per level of experience (Shadow Mage)
P.P.E.: Five (Shadow Mage)
A dark grey mist forms over the recipient of this enchantment and seems to settle over him like a shadowy outer covering. Wisps of darkness move across the body as if shadows are moving over him from an unidentified source. Like the Armor of lthan spell, Shade Armor is weightless, noiseless and offers magical protection: 12 M.D.C. per level of the spell caster. (12 S.D.C. per level and an A.R. of 16 in S.D.C. environments.) It also offers a +5% bonus to Prowl in shadows/darkness. Magical Lightblades and weapons made of silver or coated in the metal do double damage to Shade Armor! Lasers, magic and other weapons do their normal damage.
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 124/124
Hit Points: 45/45
P.P.E.: 232/232

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.
Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.

Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
Rana
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100: [19] = 19

JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11
JIC: 1d100: [83] = 83
Eshmun wrote:“Agreed, i was tracking someone in a hooded robe who was staring at me but I lost him near the VIP section. I don’t know if he ducked in there or slipped out through the crowd. The noise and evil emanations of this place is very distracting. The sooner we leave, the better. ”
skulls wrote:"So if we assume our prey is in the VIP, how do we access this space without a brawl? I was informed by the Barkeep that we stand out like ‘Skullheads’. I fear, even if we find the source of blood-scent, we will be unable to ambush. Worse yet, they may slip away while we are regaining our weapons."
Patches wrote:”This is not a favorable hunting ground for us. We should rethink our approach and await our target outside of the establishment. Seek to ambush him as he leaves.”
Rana thinks for a moment. "This is a wise idea. We fight where we have the advantage." I do not like this place. The inhabitants act strangely, as if every action is a threat. I have never seen an establishment such as this perceive every action as a slight before. It is quite odd.
Eshmun wrote:“They beefed up guards at the VIP room. If we are doing something we should do it before security get too tight. If we are leaving, we should go before things get out of hand. I’m jumping at shadows as it is. ”
Rana nods, and stands, Patches still draped across her shoulders. She turns toward the door and begins striding confidently in that direction.
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131

Conditions
Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Time: 1460

Erebos:

Erebos covers 30 feet fairly quickly. The crowd, while dense, is in constant motion. Spaces opening and closing at random intervals as people move against one another. Erebos naturally finds space to move through the crowd with little difficulty. He catches all sorts of creatures from all over the multiverse here at this location. Too many to name. Erebos finally gets a look at the target table. Four people at the table, distance is correct for what was given to him. He sees the ogre stand and begin trying to cut through the crowd. Erebos easily identifies Rana, even with the Pythonian wrapped around her like a scarf. Erebos catches sight of Skulls as well at the table with a Staphra he doesn’t know. It’s the Hell Blazers! Erebos comms confirmation of the targets. The reply makes his heart sink. ”Confirmed. The Ogre and Pythonian are moving to the exit. Kianra They are coming to you.”

Skulls, Eshmun, Patches, Rana:

Rana, fed up with being out of her element, stands up to leave. Her actions while justified are so sudden her other team members are still at the table. Rana makes it about 10 feet away from the table when a familiar face materializes in front of her. Kianra freezes before Rana a pair of wicked looking daggers in her hands. It’s clear to Rana she was mid-strike only stopping when she recognized Rana. Shock riding clearly on her face. ”Rana?!?!” Kianra’s hands fall to her side as anger replaces the shock. Rana can her Kianra’s part of the radio call, ”Celeste! What kind of bloody test is this?” Rana can see Kianra’s expression darken as her friend says one word with such finality Rana has no need to guess the rest of the conversation. ”No.”

Erebos hears Kianra’s transmission and Celeste’s response chills him to the bone. ”They are merely replaceable pawns which have become a threat to our continued operations and thus must be removed. Orders will be followed.”

So...Now What? Please post for the next 30 seconds to 1 minute

Butcher Bill:
Erebos - (-12 PPE)
Attachments
Lizzy's Bar.png

Patches
Group Leader

Post by Patches »

Perception: 1d100<24
JIC: 1d20|1d100

Patches eyes the one who recognized Rana with a measure of suspicion. Is she friend? The Pythonan was growing to hate this facility. Mammalian pleasure establishments did not entice the psychic reptile. Patches remains silent, letting Rana address her apparent associate, taking the time to observe their surroundings once again- looking for any unwanted attention.
Patches The Legless
Patches the Legless
Rana
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100: [79] = 79

JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20
JIC: 1d100: [44] = 44

Rana is striding to the exit when she finds herself seeing a familiar face.
Kianra wrote:”Rana?!?!”
Rana smiles, briefly. "It is good to see you, Kianra'Dea."

She stands and watches as her friend appears crestfallen, and appears to take - and refuse - orders from some unseen person.

She is part of our Bajrak. She can be trusted.

"Kianra - Venenifer has been taken. We have tracked her captors as far as this place, but the trail goes cold. We need to collect our weapons and move. I know not what you have gotten yourself into, but your Bajrak needs you. If we must slay these new acquaintances of yours, then let us do so together." Rana grabs Kianra by the arm and begins walking again toward the door - hoping the others follow. Do not be fools.

It does not occur to Rana that Kianra might attack her.
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131

Conditions
Eshmun

Post by Eshmun »

Perception 36% 41% on ley line 1d100: [82] = 82 Fail
JIC 1d20 1d20: [17] = 17
JIC 1d100 1d100: [21] = 21
Active:

As Rana heads away from the table Eshmun tidies up the tables moving the glasses all to one side and wipes the water up. Mustn't leave a mess, Although noone would notice in a place like this. . After getting things cleaned up, he stands to follow Rana and falls in step behind her oblivious to the stranger beside her.
Stats and Abilities

PHYSICAL DATA

Racial Abilities
Nightvision 500’
Fair to good reflexes

Natural Abilities

60% +5%
RU pg. 118

Saving Throw Bonuses

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:

Features:

Érebos

Post by Érebos »

Perception: d%: [49] = 49 /57%
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (>300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level.
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.
JIC (100): d%: [2] = 2 CRIT success
JIC (20): d20: [12] = 12

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds): Aura of Darkness (48:00); Shadow Vision (18:00); Shade Armor (8:00)

Unless otherwise stated, Érebos speaks in Dragonese during dialogue and thinks in Ancient Greek.

Prowl roll (be a sneaky unseen ninja): d%: [42] = 42 /112%
Sum of All Fears wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:34 pm Date: October 23, 111PA
Time: 1460

Erebos:

Erebos covers 30 feet fairly quickly. The crowd, while dense, is in constant motion. Spaces opening and closing at random intervals as people move against one another. Erebos naturally finds space to move through the crowd with little difficulty. He catches all sorts of creatures from all over the multiverse here at this location. Too many to name. Erebos finally gets a look at the target table. Four people at the table, distance is correct for what was given to him. He sees the ogre stand and begin trying to cut through the crowd. Erebos easily identifies Rana, even with the Pythonian wrapped around her like a scarf. Erebos catches sight of Skulls as well at the table with a Staphra he doesn’t know. It’s the Hell Blazers! Erebos comms confirmation of the targets. The reply makes his heart sink. ”Confirmed. The Ogre and Pythonian are moving to the exit. Kianra They are coming to you.”
Before he can react, he witnesses the confrontation between Kianra and Rana, with Kianra stopping mid-strike as she recognizes her teammate, and drops her attack.

While Shroud is not close enough to the two to perfectly discern the shock and outrage on Kianra's face, he can unquestionably hear it over comms:
Sum of All Fears wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:34 pm ”Celeste! What kind of bloody test is this?”
”They are merely replaceable pawns which have become a threat to our continued operations and thus must be removed. Orders will be followed.”
”No.”
Pawns? Where is the 'target' we were assigned to perform recon on? This is a sharp departure from what we were told.

The Shadow Mage continues to blend in with the crowd as he moves toward Rana and Kianra, suspiciously eyeing the Staphra and Pythonian and wondering if one of them, or someone else, has somehow dominated, manipulated, or tricked Rana and/or Skulls into doing something that would interfere with Sunaj plans in he and Kianra's brief absence - but what could they have done that would cause the Sunaj to order a hit on the crew they themsleves tasked him with putting together? Following this thought makes the paranoid Shadow Mage suspect that his own mind could be being read or influenced.

note
This should allow him a save if, for example, his mind is being ready via telepathy, per the description of the power
Celeste's order makes no sense to the Shadow mage - unless it is 1) a mistake/misunderstanding, or 2) some kind of setup. While he lives to serve the Sunaj, this did not serve the Sunaj in any capacity - even as a test for his Aerhiman sister.

While it wasn't completely unheard of for the Sunaj to order a member to kill someone close to them, it wasn't exactly a common occurence... in fact, it was pretty damned rare, because no organization lasts very long by giving orders like this. Even when Lord Aerihza's plot began, the Sunaj who were murdered in service of that plan were volunteers.

Given his loyalty to the shadowy organization is unimpeachable, it is almost certainly the former possibility - that of a misunderstanding or mistake of some sort - in his mind... almost. But, as Erebos is also the paranoid type, the latter possibility gnaws in the back of his mind like a splinter working its way into his brain. The fact that the Hellblazers appear to be unarmed only compounds the problem and adds to the confusing order to eliminate his hand-picked group due to some sort of vague "threat to continued operations."

As the Shadow Mage closes in on Rana and Kianra's positions, he retrieves his Paralysis Rifle from his Shadow Pocket... waiting to see what will happen.
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.

Saves
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Time: 1462

Skulls and Eshmun reach Rana’s side easily. Eshumn is unfamiliar with the lady standing in front of Rana. Rana seems to trust her and Skulls gives a nod of acknowledgement to the woman. Eshmun does see that she is armed. Given how tight security was in this place she should most definitely not be armed.

Kianra seems both relieved and worried about the words from her friend. ”Ven was taken? We can worry about that in a moment. Right now we need to get out of here. I don’t know why but Shroud’s friends don’t seem to like you guys. We need to leave while we can. Shroud hasn’t said anything on the radio so I don’t know whose side he is on.” Kianra turns and helps cut a path through the crowd towards the entrance with Skulls and Eshmun close behind. As Kianra turns to begin moving, Patches feels his sixth sense kick off.

Erebos moves through the crowd and draws his rifle from his shadow pocket. The length of the item proves an issue as it causes Erebos to gently bump into a few people as he moves through the crowd. He can see the Hell Blazers being led by Kianra heading for the exit. In his head he hears Celeste, ”Hesitation is unbecoming. Your sister has failed her test. It is up to you to finish it. Complete your task and eliminate them all.” He then hears over the radio, ”How disappointing, sister.” Erebos bumps into another person. It’s getting quite crowded near the entrance. It will be very difficult to use a rifle in this area. (-5 to strike in the crowded area) Erebos is running out of time to make a decision. On the one hand he has the orders from the Sunaj strike team to kill his former teammates, and on the other he has his team that he painstakingly put together. Targeted for some unknown reason by his people. Nothing makes sense. What Erebos knows without a doubt is that if he fails to act one way or another he will lose his ability to choose and affect the outcome of this crazy situation.

Tag. You’re it...

Butcher Bill:
Patches- (-30 PPE, AOI currently at 30/30; -1 Wingboard shot, -2 ISP)
Erebos - (-12 PPE)
Attachments
Lizzy's Bar.png

Érebos

Post by Érebos »

Perception: d%: [62] = 62 /72% (includes modifiers for being in darkness/shadow + escaping)
JIC (100): d%: [89] = 89
JIC (20): d20: [18] = 18

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds): Aura of Darkness (46:00); Shadow Vision (16:00); Shade Armor (6:00); Ominous Shadow (2:30); Shadow Defense (5:00 remaining)

Sum of All Fears wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:27 pm Date: October 23, 111PA
Time: 1462

Skulls and Eshmun reach Rana’s side easily. Eshumn is unfamiliar with the lady standing in front of Rana. Rana seems to trust her and Skulls gives a nod of acknowledgement to the woman. Eshmun does see that she is armed. Given how tight security was in this place she should most definitely not be armed.

Kianra seems both relieved and worried about the words from her friend. ”Ven was taken? We can worry about that in a moment. Right now we need to get out of here. I don’t know why but Shroud’s friends don’t seem to like you guys. We need to leave while we can. Shroud hasn’t said anything on the radio so I don’t know whose side he is on.” Kianra turns and helps cut a path through the crowd towards the entrance with Skulls and Eshmun close behind. As Kianra turns to begin moving, Patches feels his sixth sense kick off.

Erebos moves through the crowd and draws his rifle from his shadow pocket. The length of the item proves an issue as it causes Erebos to gently bump into a few people as he moves through the crowd. He can see the Hell Blazers being led by Kianra heading for the exit. In his head he hears Celeste, ”Hesitation is unbecoming. Your sister has failed her test. It is up to you to finish it. Complete your task and eliminate them all.” He then hears over the radio, ”How disappointing, sister.” Erebos bumps into another person. It’s getting quite crowded near the entrance. It will be very difficult to use a rifle in this area. (-5 to strike in the crowded area) Erebos is running out of time to make a decision. On the one hand he has the orders from the Sunaj strike team to kill his former teammates, and on the other he has his team that he painstakingly put together. Targeted for some unknown reason by his people. Nothing makes sense. What Erebos knows without a doubt is that if he fails to act one way or another he will lose his ability to choose and affect the outcome of this crazy situation.
Hesitation may be unbecoming, but haste makes waste, and fools rush in, Celeste he thinks, aware that Celeste is in his head after hearing her voice in it - just as he had begun to suspect.

Erebos hates people inside his head. If there's one thing that will piss him off faster than a cat lapping chain lightning, it's intruding uninvited into the one place he considers absolutely private - his thoughts.

Still, he is under orders, and the Shadow Mage's loyalty to the Sunaj is absolute. And yet, something is holding him back... something gnawing at the back of his head. Celeste's behavior only solidifies this... this is either a setup, or a mistake of some kind. Perhaps the Sunaj are even testing his loyalty.

Erebos rescued Rana from the clutches of death itself, and her code of honor is as strong as her will - the Sunaj knows she would not betray him willingly.

And Skulls - well, Skulls has had the chance to gut him at several opportunities, and nothing Shroud has seen would lend itself to the suspicion that he would. No reason to question his loyalty.

This Staphra and Pythonian, on the other hand... yes, perhaps they are responsible for whatever actions the Hellblazers have taken to put them in the Sunaj crosshairs.

Either way, the Shadow Mage decides to act: Because he cannot trust Celeste, he does trust Rana, and he isn't sure what the hell is going on, he will sort it out himself. But first, the Hellblazers must escape this situation so he can do so.

You should not have lied to us, Celeste. I expected better from a sister to the cause he thinks, and shuts off his comms.

Because Shroud knows Celeste is in his head, he will actively try to resist her probing from this point forward, going so far as to think in the recently obtained Gobblely language so as to mask his thoughts, and hoping she doesn't know it too.

(In Gobblely) Need to get us out of here.

The Shadow Mage acts quickly, knowing time is of the essence, and that Celeste is likely aware that he will not carry out his orders - at least not until he sorts out what is going on.

He will begin by casting Shadow Defense (1 action), covering himself from any potential sudden attack(s) from behind or the side.

He then casts the Cloud Shadow (2 actions) spell, blanketing a 500' radius (including outside, if GM allows) in an eerie supernatural shadow.

This will slow things down, and I can lead the Hellblazers out of here to make our getaway he thinks in Gobblely.

He then casts Shadow Shift (1 action) as he steps into a large nearby shadow, and appears directly in front of Rana and Kianra, rifle in hand but not pointing it at anyone.

"Hostiles inbound. We need to go. Now," he says, and casts a Wall of Darkness (1 action) directly behind the Hellblazer furthest away. Presumably, Eshmun or Skulls, as crudely shown below.
InkedLizzy's Bar_LI.jpg
The idea here is to create a barrier running as a wall to block off anyone beyond the group from advancing or seeing past the wall. By the (poorly written) spell text, it will cover a "70 foot area" and is "towering". I presume that means it goes to the ceiling or a few dozen feet high at the least, and at least 10 feet thick. I'm assuming they will have moved closer to the exit by now, so adjust map accordingly
Since the Staphra and Pythonian are traveling with them, he will presume they are "with" the Hellblazers, perhaps as hired help or guides (thus, he will act as if they are allies - for now).

When Rana tells him they need their weapons, the Shadow Mage will then begin to move toward the front door, casting Ominous Shadow (1 action) as he does and projecting his shadow forward, in front of himself in a 15' wide and 10' long blanket of intimidation as he approaches the door, expecting the Hellblazers to follow him. When he reaches where the weapons check is, he will say, "We are taking our weapons back. Don't even think about trying to stop us" in a firm voice to whomever is manning the booth, as he waits for the Hellblazers to retrieve their weapons. Erebos will be careful to turn himself in such a way that his shadow affects whomever is manning the booth, but not his fellow teammates.

If he comes into range of any other hostiles(including bouncers), he will turn so that his shadow is projected on them and bark "Get out of my way!" in a sharp voice.

In both instances, he is counting on the magic to amplify his intimidating presence (roll below).

Intimidate: d%: [14] = 14 /65%/85% (+20% bonus vs. anyone in his Ominous Shadow as indicated by spell)
Shadow Defense
Range: Self. The mage must be casting a shadow to use this magic.
Duration: Four melee rounds (1 minute) per level of experience (Shadow Mage)
Saving Throw: Standard.
P.P.E.: Ten
The spell caster’s own shadow momentarily comes to life for a second to parry incoming attacks from directions the spell caster is not directly facing or engaging. The shadow looks completely ordinary, except that when the spell is cast the shadow is behind the spell caster regardless of the light source and is at least as long as he is tall, longer if conditions permit. While the spell caster is engaging one opponent, if another enemy throws a knife or fires a gun at his back from behind, his Shadow suddenly leaps into action to try to parry the incoming attack and then turns back into a normal-looking shadow. If another opponent rushes in from the side, the shadow springs to life again to parry his attack and goes back to normal as soon as he steps back or moves off. The shadow looks completely ordinary, except that when the spell is in effect the shadow is behind the spell caster regardless of the light source and is at least as long as he is tall, longer if conditions permit. It comes to life only for the moment or two needed to parry the incoming attack.
In combat, the shadow has the same abilities and bonuses as the spell caster to parry, and it will try to parry all incoming attacks from the back and sides. As always, high roll wins, defender wins ties, and a successful parry means the attack was blocked or knocked away. In the case of projectiles, the arrow or bullet is safely deflected to the ground on either side of the spell caster. A failed parry means the attack strikes and does damage. Note: Energy blasts/bolts, laser fire, and psionic attacks cannot be parried or defended against by this magic. Nor can it parry or block anything heavier than 300 pounds, so it cannot block a boulder or automobile thrown by a demon. Shadow Defense may be used simultaneously with Shadow Strike.
Wall of Darkness
Range:Covers a 20 foot area plus 10 feet per level of experience.
Duration: Twenty minutes per level of experience (Shadow Mage)
Damage: Special
P.P.E.: Eight (Shadow Mage)
This magic creates a towering wall of pure, magical darkness. No light can pass through it, nor can one see what is on the other side of it. Anyone who comes into contact with the wall must save vs. magic or be magically paralyzed for one melee round. The effects of this paralysis are identical to those of Paralysis: Lesser. Should a hand or arm be paralyzed, that person cannot pick up or hold objects, write, or use that hand or arm in any way for 15 seconds. Likewise, a paralyzed leg makes standing difficult, walking a real challenge, and running flat-out impossible. Those with a paralyzed leg have their Speed reduced by 80%, and they are at -2 to parry and dodge. If one’s entire body is paralyzed, she falls down and lies perfectly still. She can still breathe, and the heart will not stop, but otherwise, the person is entirely helpless. Those who fall into the Wall of Darkness will remain paralyzed for the full duration of the spell, recovering only when the wall disappears or someone else somehow gets them out.
Ominous Shadow
Range: 10 feet long, three feet wide per level of the spell caster; line of sight.
Duration: One melee round (15 seconds) per level of experience. (Double for Shadow Mages and Shadow Lords.)
P.P.E.: Six
The spell caster is able to make his own shadow grow in any direction he desires, regardless of the light source, and look distorted and monstrous. This is done for dramatic effect and to inflict fear. Anyone caught in his oversized, ominous shadow must roll to save vs magic. Failure to save means they are temporarily frozen with fear for one melee round (15 seconds). Transfixed on the spell caster, watching and waiting for him to attack them and listening closely to anything he has to say (+20% for the mage to intimidate or impress).
After the first melee round (or if attacked during that first melee round), the victims are able to attack or take action. However, while still inside the Ominous Shadow, attacks leveled at the spell caster are done without benefit of the victims’ usual combat bonuses. Fighting anyone else while in the Ominous Shadow has a penalty of only -1 on all combat maneuvers to strike, parry, dodge, etc. The sense of fear and dread goes away immediately after the spell ends, or after a victim manages to step out, or is pulled outside of the Ominous Shadow. In most cases, the spell caster takes no action against his victims in favor of holding them in dread and a diminished state.
Cloud Shadow
Range: Area effect, 100 foot diameter per level of experience.
Duration: Two minutes per level of experience (Shadow Mage)
Saving Throw: -2 to save, but does not apply to Shadow Mages.
P.P.E.: Fifty (Shadow Mage)
This spell creates a giant, ominous shadow: a large, dark shadow spreads across an area as if cast by a dense storm cloud overhead – only there is no actual cloud. Inside the Cloud Shadow, the darkness seems unnatural. The light is very low, like the moment the sun drops below the horizon. While enough light remains to see, fine details cannot be made out unless close (within 2 feet), and artificial light seems filtered and functions at half strength/intensity. Even Nightvision is reduced by half, and the temperature inside the Cloud Shadow is 30% cooler than outside of it.
There are sounds of unintelligible whispers, low rumbling, and deep guttural growls inside the large shadow. From the corner of your eye, there is movement – something rising up from the darkness, preparing to lunge at you – but when you turn to get a better look, nothing is there. This makes everyone inside the Cloud Shadow nervous and jumpy. The sights and sounds are distracting and wear on the nerves of those inside the darkness, other than the spellcaster and her allies (which may be lurking inside).
Everyone else inside the massive shadow must roll to save vs. magic: a failed roll means fear takes hold. Civilians are likely to panic and run away to find shelter behind locked doors and shuttered windows. Most hide and cower, covering their faces and too afraid to look out and see what might be coming. Heroes, warriors, adventurers, and those experienced with magic and the supernatural are able to hold their ground and force down the fear creeping up their spine; however, those who fail their saves inside the giant and ominous Cloud Shadow lose initiative and find their combat bonuses reduced to zero – unmodified rolls only – while trapped within, and all skills suffer a -20% penalty. These penalties remain in place as long as the characters remain within the Cloud Shadow. The penalties are immediatel gone when a character steps outside the shadow, but instantly return upon reentry.
Since the Cloud Shadow is an area effect invocation; once it is cast, the caster is free to move about unaffected by it and to take action, cast other spells, engage in combat, etc.
Shadow Magic or other spells and enchantments that require darkness all work inside this magical shadow, and beings who are Ethereal or invisible in darkness all reap the benefits of such powers or magic. Likewise, any Shadow beings, Shadow Assassin and Shadow Mages are at full strength while inside, even if the Cloud Shadow is created during broad daylight. This is where the real danger lies, because a Cloud Shadow can serve as a battlefield or playground for Shadow Mages and Shadow Assassins, as well as denizens of the Shadow Realm.
The size and shape of the Cloud Shadow can vary. A Shadow Mage can stretch it to run down the length of a street, or make it more circular or oblong like the shadow from a real cloud, only darker. This spell is ideal whenever a large shadow is needed to cover an entire block, building, stadium, or part of a neighborhood!
Shadow Shift
Range: Self, or self and as many as one other by touch. The “shift” can be made up to 50 feet away per level of the spellcaster. Line of sight and shadows required.
Duration: Instant and counts as one melee attack/action.
P.P.E.: Eight (Shadow Mage)
Note: Each “relocation” counts as one spell and one melee attack.
This spell is great as a fast escape or an instant, nearby relocation. It enables the spellcaster to enter one shadow and appear at another up to 50 feet away per level of experience. The shadows do not need to be connected, but do have to be large enough to cover a man, and the distant shadow must be visible from wherever the spellcaster is standing. The spell has less to do with teleportation than it does a form of dimensional shifting from one shadow location to another one within the same reality. The shadow must be no smaller than five feet squared, or in diameter.
Whenever the spellcaster enters a massive shadow that is 20 feet to hundreds of feet, he may disappear and reappear anywhere within that same shadow, provided the “relocation” does not exceed the 50 foot range per level. If the shadow reaches a rooftop, bridge, or ledge, then its location is accessible via Shadow Shift. Trying to shift onto a moving vehicle that passes under or through a shadowy location is possible, but risky: 50% chance of success. Staying on top of a fast-moving vehicle is likely to to require additional effort and skill or combat rolls. Also remember that each Shadow Shift requires casting of the spell and uses up one melee action.
Dice rolls
d%: [75] = 75
1d4+2: [2]+2 = 4
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Rana
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100: [69] = 69

JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8
JIC: 1d100: [55] = 55

Rana, annoyed by the hustle and bustle of this place, thinks to herself This is like a Skerrit* den. I need to be under the sky.

Still gripping Kianra's arm, she again tries to make for the door.

"Come, Kianra'Dea. Let us collect our things and resume our search for Venenifer."

If/When Erebos appears, Kianra is slightly started.
Erebos wrote:"Hostiles inbound. We need to go. Now."
She nods. "We need our weapons - they took them at the door."

With that, she resumes her trek to the door.

* Skerrit - a Gobblely name for vermin that reside en mass in a chaotic warren or den. Not native to earth.
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131

Conditions
Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Time: 1502

The Hellblazers make it to the weapons check prior to Erebos getting to them. The bouncer lets them pass and their weapons are secured. Before they can do much more than holster weapons it's as if the lights cut out. Every one of the hellblazers is suddenly gripped by fear as a cold cloud of darkness envelops everything around them. Screams of the patrons can be heard followed by panicking and people attempting to rush for the exits in the confusion. The hellblazers book for the exit as fast as possible propelled through fear. As they are clearing the front door they can hear the distinct sound of snapping bones from behind them as the screams of terror turn to those of pain. The cloud of darkness extended into the street. Kianra takes the lead, ”Come! We need to get under cover. Back to the HQ.”

Erebos, likely annoyed at the intrusion in his mind, decides to cause a ruckus to cover the escape of the hellblazers. However he vastly underestimated the effect of his cloud. As soon as he finishes casting everyone begins panicking, screams of terror echo throughout the club. Erebos raises a wall of Darkness to cover their escape. Erebos steps to where the hellblazers were, but they have run farther forward from their previous position. Erebos drops his wall behind him anyway to cover their retreat. As the patrons hit the full force of the wall in their panic they begin to trample each other. Erebos can see people, blinded by his cloud and their own fear stepping on necks, arms, heads, and torsos of those he paralyzed. The snapping of bones and screams of pain will be echoing in his head for the next few days. An uncaring SOB he maybe however this still rings his soft spot as he watches many innocent people trample each other to death simply to give him some cover.

The hellblazers make a mad dash back to their HQ with Erebos trying to catch up. It takes a few minutes but everyone is able to make it back through the front door. Chests heaving and sweat dripping into your eyes, everyone takes a second to pause before looking up to see a sight they never in a million lifetimes were expecting. Sitting on a couch is Vennefer on the receiving end of a foot massage from Fesrakh. As Ven spots the hellblazers she places her drink on the table next to her and waves to them, ”Hey guys! You’re never going to believe the day I’ve had.”

Annnd…..Your turn...

Butcher Bill:
Erebos - (-120 PPE)

Érebos

Post by Érebos »

Perception: d%: [71] = 71 /52%
JIC (100): d%: [24] = 24
JIC (20): d20: [8] = 8

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds): Aura of Darkness (36:00); Shadow Vision (6:00)

Sum of All Fears wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:14 am Date: October 23, 111PA
Time: 1502

The Hellblazers make it to the weapons check prior to Erebos getting to them. The bouncer lets them pass and their weapons are secured. Before they can do much more than holster weapons it's as if the lights cut out. Every one of the hellblazers is suddenly gripped by fear as a cold cloud of darkness envelops everything around them. Screams of the patrons can be heard followed by panicking and people attempting to rush for the exits in the confusion. The hellblazers book for the exit as fast as possible propelled through fear. As they are clearing the front door they can hear the distinct sound of snapping bones from behind them as the screams of terror turn to those of pain. The cloud of darkness extended into the street. Kianra takes the lead, ”Come! We need to get under cover. Back to the HQ.”

Erebos, likely annoyed at the intrusion in his mind, decides to cause a ruckus to cover the escape of the hellblazers. However he vastly underestimated the effect of his cloud. As soon as he finishes casting everyone begins panicking, screams of terror echo throughout the club. Erebos raises a wall of Darkness to cover their escape. Erebos steps to where the hellblazers were, but they have run farther forward from their previous position. Erebos drops his wall behind him anyway to cover their retreat. As the patrons hit the full force of the wall in their panic they begin to trample each other. Erebos can see people, blinded by his cloud and their own fear stepping on necks, arms, heads, and torsos of those he paralyzed. The snapping of bones and screams of pain will be echoing in his head for the next few days. An uncaring SOB he maybe however this still rings his soft spot as he watches many innocent people trample each other to death simply to give him some cover.

The hellblazers make a mad dash back to their HQ with Erebos trying to catch up. It takes a few minutes but everyone is able to make it back through the front door. Chests heaving and sweat dripping into your eyes, everyone takes a second to pause before looking up to see a sight they never in a million lifetimes were expecting. Sitting on a couch is Vennefer on the receiving end of a foot massage from Fesrakh. As Ven spots the hellblazers she places her drink on the table next to her and waves to them, ”Hey guys! You’re never going to believe the day I’ve had.”

Annnd…..Your turn...
The Shadow Mage feels just a slight pang of pity at the innocents being crushed, but is ultimately unfazed by the flash of emotion he feels, however brief, for the innocents being trampled to death to cover the Hellblazers' escape. The plan had worked exactly as he had hoped - chaos and confusion ensued, making pursuit difficult at best. The trauma, pain, and deaths caused to innocents was simply the price paid, and of no further concern to him.

While he did not exactly relish or derive pleasure from the pain and suffering, it did not cause him any real distress. He prefers to do things through stealth and move unseen, but when decisive action is called for, the Shadow Mage is ruthlessly efficient. Besides, in that sort of place... there were few, if any, actual "innocents"... it's not as if they were in an elementary school.

After catching up physically with the Hellblazers at the HQ, he is about to address what happened, catch up with his crew, and feel out the newcomers, when he sees Ven.

"Ven!" he says. "Good to see you again. Our former mission was cut short, and both Kianra and myself were unable to return until now. Any news to report?" he asks, oblivious to the Hatchling's former disappearance which had occurred outside of his sphere of influence.

He moves close to Kianra and says (in Ancient Greek): "I'm not sure what went down back there, but it's not good. Let's talk later and piece things together - I don't know much time we have or if we are safe here, either. I don't know who these new people are with the Hellblazers. In short, there are a lot of unknowns right now," in a low voice, looking around the compound.
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Rana
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100: [2] = 2
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17
JIC: 1d100: [41] = 41

Rana is glad to feel the familiar weight of her weapons in her hands, and at her belt, but as the place erupts in chaos behind her, she cannot help but smile.

Shroud... It is today as it was in the old times. Again he sows chaos, like the darkness itself.
Kianra wrote:”Come! We need to get under cover. Back to the HQ.”
Rana simply shrugs Patches off her shoulders, and follows Kianra. I do not know what madness has transpired here today, but I promise we shall find you, Venenifer, and slaughter those responsible.

With the endurance fo a trained hunter, Rana effortlessly makes quick time back to their HQ, and sees Venenifer and the former slave now named Fesrakh. As the others catch their breath, She glares.
Ven wrote:”Hey guys! You’re never going to believe the day I’ve had.”
She wants to punish them both, in her anger, but reminds herself that Venenifer, though a dragon, is but a child.

"You had us worried, Venenifer."

As Shroud asks Venenifer for news...
Erebos wrote:"Our former mission was cut short, and both Kianra and myself were unable to return until now. Any news to report?"
... Rana stands back and listens to Venenifer's tale. she then says "Shroud, you have not met these... Here are Eshmun, a healer, and Patches, a Pythonian. Coldcenter, who was with us, has lost his life. His corpse lays in Eshmun's clinic." she points at Fesrakh. "This one is called Fesrakh*."

"At least until he earns a better name."

*Fesrakh - Gobblely word for "lucky fool"
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131

Conditions
Eshmun

Post by Eshmun »

Perception 24% 1d100: [4] = 4 Pass
JIC 1d20 1d20: [3] = 3
JIC 1d100 1d100: [85] = 85
Passive: Motion Detector
Active:
Sum of All Fears wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:14 am Hey guys! You’re never going to believe the day I’ve had.”
“Wait, isn’t that the one we were rescu-”
Eshmun starts to mutter
Érebos wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:19 pm "Ven!" he says. "Good to see you again. Our former mission was cut short, and both Kianra and myself were unable to return until now. Any news to report?" he asks,
Rana wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:47 am "You had us worried, Venenifer."

As Shroud asks Venenifer for news...
Erebos wrote:
"Our former mission was cut short, and both Kianra and myself were unable to return until now. Any news to report?"
... Rana stands back and listens to Venenifer's tale. she then says "Shroud, you have not met these... Here are Eshmun, a healer, and Patches, a Pythonian. Coldcenter, who was with us, has lost his life. His corpse lays in Eshmun's clinic." she points at Fesrakh. "This one is called Fesrakh*."

Eshmun waves hello.
“I am pleased to see you survived your encounter.”
Eshmun says to Venenifer as the introductions are said.
“we have had quite an adventure. Do you wish to make arrangements for your fallen teammate?”
Stats and Abilities

PHYSICAL DATA

Racial Abilities
Nightvision 500’
Fair to good reflexes

Natural Abilities

60% +5%
RU pg. 118

Saving Throw Bonuses

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location:

Features:

Érebos

Post by Érebos »

**rolls held**

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds):

Rana wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:47 am
"You had us worried, Venenifer."
Worried? Whatever for? thinks the Shadow Mage, wary of what might have occurred while he and Kianra were absent.

I wonder if Ven got herself, and us, into trouble... he thinks as his eyes narrow.
Rana wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:47 am "Shroud, you have not met these... Here are Eshmun, a healer, and Patches, a Pythonian. Coldcenter, who was with us, has lost his life. His corpse lays in Eshmun's clinic." she points at Fesrakh. "This one is called Fesrakh*."

When Rana mentions Eshmun the Shadow Mage stares at the Staphra, his cold eyes looking for something... anything... that might clue him in to the Staphra's possible actions that could have lead to them all being targeted by the Sunaj.

He does the same for the Pythonian, instinctively distrusting the serpentine psychic as he is wary of all psychics - he considers them a serious risk to his secret double life.

When Rana mentions Fesrakh, however, Erebos snorts briefly. "There's got to be an interesting story to that name, Silver" he says to her (in Gobblely) with a grin and a clap on the shoulder.

He then transitions to Dragonese: "It is good to see you, Silver. Meathook. Pity we lost Cold... he owed me money," says the Shadow Mage wistfully. Then, he suddenly looks at Eshmun.

"You operate a clinic then, yes? And his body is there?" he says to Eshmun with a hint of hope in his voice. "Were you able to keep his gear with him? Perhaps I can recoup my losses, and we can salvage any useful equipment for the group," he states.

"Now then... back to what happened at the club..." he begins.
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Rana
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Rana »

(rolls carried over)
Eshmun wrote:“I am pleased to see you survived your encounter.”
Rana nods at Venenifer. "I as well. We had heard you were taken. We tracked and slew many to free you." She glances at Fesrakh.
Erebos wrote:"There's got to be an interesting story to that name, Silver"
Rana turns to Erebos. "He managed to be the last in a warehouse full of people we slew to free Venenifer, and Patches wanted to question him. We let him live. I learned he had no name, and only a number. There is no honor in that. I gave him a name. For now. He may find himself of use."
Eshmun wrote:“we have had quite an adventure. Do you wish to make arrangements for your fallen teammate?”
Erebos wrote:"You operate a clinic then, yes? And his body is there?" Were you able to keep his gear with him? Perhaps I can recoup my losses, and we can salvage any useful equipment for the group,"
"We did not strip his gear. If the clinic is secure then he and his gear should still be there.." She turns to the Staphra healer. "This one came out of his clinic during the fight to help us, and followed in our attempt to save Venenifer. Patches, also, we met in the chaos. As for Cold... We should set him a cairn, or whatever his people would do for the dead."
Erebos wrote:"Now then... back to what happened at the club..."
She looks at Kianra and Erebos. Powerlord Jarnax betrays us, these two get called away only to return to try to kill us... Perhaps Splynn is too unstable a place to set a Bajrak. I would be more comfortable under the trees... With soil beneath my feet.

She points to Erebos and Patches. "We three have much to discuss. We tracked Venenifer's attackers to this club. They had her blood scent. But you should know... I suspect we have been betrayed by Powerlord Jarnax.* We should meet directly with High Lord Alaparos, whom he serves, if possible to discuss his actions. Unless we decide we can safely get back to our work."

* His name has been variously given as Jarnax and Jargnath but I suspect they are the same person. We need to determine that, and the proper spelling, going forward.

Jarnax set us up with our HQ here...

...Called us back from our mission here...

...and was revealed to be part of the recent kerfuffle here.
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131

Conditions
Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Time: 1520

(GM Note: The Name mix up was my fault. I had begun typing on my phone and it was likely the auto-correct that got me.)

Ven looks softly at Rana, Awe...You guys...You went on a killing spree to find me. I don’t know what to say. I love you guys.” The dragon is getting a little mushy. The nearly sickly sweet atmosphere is quickly brought back to reality as Kianra wheels on Erebos and slaps him across the face. Smack! (GM Note: Erebos’ sixth sense does not trigger as it is not a lethal hit. And he is not in immediate danger.) Her eyes are full of rage, ”Yes! About the Club. Please do explain. Please explain why those people seemed to know you and you knew them. Please explain why they wanted to kill our comrades. Who were those Atlantiens? You owe us all an explanation, Erebos. I never asked about your past or of things you wished to keep buried before out of respect for you. But now, something you’ve buried is a threat to all of us. So you owe us an explanation. If you are still adamant about keeping your secret then you should have done as she commanded and killed us all in the club.” Kianra is glaring daggers at Erebos. Fesrakh takes cover behind Ven as the tension is nearly a physical thing.

Another voice cuts the tension before Erebos can reply to Kianra, ”Wow. That looked like it hurt.” A Temporal Raider steps into the foyer from the lower level. ”I am Toliver. And before you aim any weapons at me, yes I bought Ven. But it was to keep her safe. I am a friend of Keiko’s. I knew her and her Husband when he was alive. I discovered the kidnaping plot too late to stop it. So I made sure Ven ended up with me, rather than someone else. There is a power struggle going on in Atlantis. Something of massive proportions. Allegiances are shifting and lines are being drawn. You will need to be stronger if you are to weather the coming storm. Luckily it should be a ways off. If you are interested I have a job for your group.” Toliver stands next to Ven. Ven seems comfortable with Toliver’s presence. ”Trust me he really does know Keiko. He was actually looking for her. But it seems she got swallowed up by a rift and transported to who knows where.”

Your turn….

Butcher Bill:
Erebos - (-120 PPE)

Érebos

Post by Érebos »

**rolls held**

Conditions (at the end of this post; time format= minutes:seconds):

Sum of All Fears wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:16 pm Date: October 23, 111PA

Ven looks softly at Rana, Awe...You guys...You went on a killing spree to find me. I don’t know what to say. I love you guys.” The dragon is getting a little mushy. The nearly sickly sweet atmosphere is quickly brought back to reality as Kianra wheels on Erebos and slaps him across the face. Smack! (GM Note: Erebos’ sixth sense does not trigger as it is not a lethal hit. And he is not in immediate danger.) Her eyes are full of rage, ”Yes! About the Club. Please do explain. Please explain why those people seemed to know you and you knew them. Please explain why they wanted to kill our comrades. Who were those Atlantiens? You owe us all an explanation, Erebos. I never asked about your past or of things you wished to keep buried before out of respect for you. But now, something you’ve buried is a threat to all of us. So you owe us an explanation. If you are still adamant about keeping your secret then you should have done as she commanded and killed us all in the club.” Kianra is glaring daggers at Erebos. Fesrakh takes cover behind Ven as the tension is nearly a physical thing.

Another voice cuts the tension before Erebos can reply to Kianra, ”Wow. That looked like it hurt.”
"Looks can be deceptive," says the Shadow Mage with a sneer at Kianra. "You forget your place, princess," he says, the last word dripping with sarcasm. "Who in the hell do you think you are, striking me? I could have made a canoe out of your head at least half a dozen times in the last day; I got us out of that place safely - what, you think that Shadow Cloud was someone else's work? You think you just outran everyone that could have come after us? No, I took care of business and ensured our safe escape. Yet, this is how you express thanks for saving our skins? With insubordination and lashing out at your leader, daring to question his loyalty?" he says, his cold eyes boring into the Tattooed Voyager.

I've dropped bigger threats than you as a warm up. Just try me he thinks.

Sum of All Fears wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:16 pm”I am Toliver. And before you aim any weapons at me, yes I bought Ven. But it was to keep her safe. I am a friend of Keiko’s. I knew her and her Husband when he was alive. I discovered the kidnaping plot too late to stop it. So I made sure Ven ended up with me, rather than someone else. There is a power struggle going on in Atlantis. Something of massive proportions. Allegiances are shifting and lines are being drawn. You will need to be stronger if you are to weather the coming storm. Luckily it should be a ways off. If you are interested I have a job for your group.” Toliver stands next to Ven. Ven seems comfortable with Toliver’s presence. ”Trust me he really does know Keiko. He was actually looking for her. But it seems she got swallowed up by a rift and transported to who knows where.”
"You'll forgive me if I deal with this mess first," says the Sunaj, his eyes never having left Kianra. His angry visage shifts slightly as a thought crosses his mind and his eyes narrow at his Atlantean "sister". "Perhaps you should be explaining yourself, Kianra.. I didn't see you working overtime or using any of your talents to speed us to safety - despite you being practically cut out for that job. In fact, you were the ideal candidate to transport us to safety - and yet you didn't act to do so at all! One might think it is as if you wanted us to get stuck in that place," he says spinning the suspicion back toward the Voyager.

The Shadow Mage turns away, beginning to to pace with his hands behind his back, circling around the group slowly...thinking... musing... artfully weaving the storyline as he walks.

"I've been wondering what happened back there...why you would refuse to use your considerable talents to help us escape IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER... " he says, pausing for dramatic effect to emphasize the point. "Well? What do you have to say for yourself by way of explanation? You know as well as I do that we were both called away, we were both sent on this 'mission' - which was sold to both of us, by people who seemed to know both of us, and we both agreed to go," he says as he continues to pace.

"And then? Then things went south when we were ordered to kill our own - not the mission we were sold at all. And what did you do, outside of protesting? Nothing, Kianra. You did NOTHING but walk out of the place - which was only possible thanks to yours truly - and run back to here. You're a Voyager, responsible for transporting people safely in and out of situations. It's literally what you do. So.... why didn't you, Kianra? Why didn't you help get us out of there, and instead left it to me? The only person out of the two of us who did something when it actually mattered is talking to you now. My teammates know they can count on me," he says, looking at Rana and Skulls with slight nods.

He finishes his pacing back in front of Kianra and squares up to her, directly in her face, not even a foot away, unafraid and defiant despite her obvious size advantage.

"What about you, Kianra? When the going gets tough, what do you bring to the table? Looks like a bunch of hot air and a lack of self-control to me," he says pointedly.

The Shadow Mage then speaks in a low voice - just loud enough for everyone present to hear. "Don't fuck with me, Kianra. I acquired this place. I put this team together. And when the chips were down I alone out of us two acted to save this team. All that tattooed training does us no good if you lack the will to act or self-control of your temper and get us killed!" he says with an intense glare in his eyes. "We need to know we can count on each other when things go south," he continues. "Don't hesitate to help this team again, and with all of the resources at your disposal," he says.

And then he leans in, merely inches from her face: "And if you ever strike me again like that... I'll shred your fucking soul, are we clear? Consider this your first and final warning."

With that, he turns and steps away to face the others, raising his voice again.

"The Hellblazers are a team. Let's act like one. Our guest here-" - he points at Toliver - "- has saved one of us from a terrible fate already, and has taken it upon himself to come warn us of the dangers, at no doubt great risk to himself. We are grateful, and in your debt, Toliver," he says with a slight bow toward the Raider, and a wink and a smile at Ven.

"This team works together. We fight together. And - if need be - we die together. Toliver is right - we need to be strong to face the storms heading our way. If this massive power struggle spills over, I need EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU at your BEST! NO ONE gets a pass... everyone fights, no one quits. Anyone who doesn't like that - there's the door," he says, dramatically pointing at the entrance/exit door.

After a brief pause, assuming no one objects, he then approaches Toliver, all pleasantries and smiles now.

"Now then, my good fellow - tell us more about this 'mission' of which you speak..."
Érebos, AKA "Shroud"
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Rana
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Rana »

Perception: 36%/46% in darkness 1d100: [28] = 28
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13
JIC: 1d100: [29] = 29

Rana is about to reply to Venenifer when Kianra slaps Erebos. Rana's hand drifts near her weapon, but she does nothing. Challenges are common in a Bajrak... And challenges must be answered by the challenged.

She stands and watches as Erebos has words with her.

As the Temporal Raider they'd recently planned to kill shows up, and is asked to wait by Erebos as he deals with Kianra, Again Rana stands by.

Erebos wrote:"Now then, my good fellow - tell us more about this 'mission' of which you speak..."
"Yes. And if you know other threats to us, we would hear them."
OOC Comments
I don't know what plotline you have that requires our team and its NPCs to be at each others throats, but I am not enjoying it. It was a chore to get posted this week because of this BS. I think I've indicated in chat that I am ready to move on and if it doesn't happen posthaste, I'll be leaving the group.

Because, let me reiterate, this isn't fun.
Rana / Alias "Silver"
MDC 114/131

Conditions
Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Toliver lets everything transpire, seeming to not pay attention to the goings ons. When Erebos comes back to him asking further about the job. Toliver looks back at the group from the painting he was previously engrossed with.
”Ah. Yes. The job. Well currently I need a man killed. No one of great importance.” Toliver moves back towards the group and snaps his fingers. Suddenly a small glowing orb appears and projects the image of a human looking individual. ”This is Kytzen (pronounced ‘Kite Zen’). Five foot nine inches tall, Black hair, usually worn back in a braid, generally clean shaven. He is an Atlantean. He is currently the primary financial advisor to a powerful Splugorth Lord. Now the advisor is the only one whom needs to be killed. The Splogorth Lord must not be harmed. The lord is in a powerful position as one of the main suppliers of crops, wheat, barley, and other crops used in food, medicine, drugs and alcohol here in Atlantis. Most influential. The Lord’s Name is Golb’ekt. I hope you do not have to encounter him, but if you do he has a soft spot for Atlanteans.” Toliver waves his hands and the image shifts to two different planets, ”Now these are the two worlds Kytzen spends his time. The one on the left is a fertile world where the main growing operation is being conducted. Any damage to the infrastructure here would be unacceptable.” Toliver points to the other world, ”This is where Kytzen likes to spend his off time. He has been known to keep the company of young females of various races. He is a gambler and tends to be fairly lucky. He does have several body guards, they can be eliminated if the need calls for it.” Toliver snaps his fingers again and the orb vanishes. Toliver smiles at the group. ”Now for the part you really wanted to know about. What do you get for this. First, you can keep anything you come across while on this job. Second, I will remove this place from this dimension and set you up with this building on its own micro dimension. The front door will be magically coded to your magical signatures. Also you may allow any guests in if you wish. Anyone not coded to the door will simply walk into an empty building. The door will remain where it is in Atlantis to allow for you to easily return for supplies and other things. This should prevent any but the most tenacious intruders from reaching your headquarters in the future.” Toliver gives a small bow and waits for the litany of questions this is likely to spark.

Your Turn....

Butcher Bill:
Erebos - (-120 PPE)

Return to “Atlantis Adventure Forum”