Character Name: Eugene
Alias:
Animal Type: Elephant
Background: Freed Slave
Alignment: Scrupulous
XP Level: 1
XP Points: 0
Next Level @ XP: 16
Sentiments/Humans: All my life I have only known slavers and slaves. Humans enslaved me. They mistreated me. Not all were cruel. Some taught me to sign. Some helped me when I was sick. Some slaves were also cruel and would do anything to anyone to avoid punishment. I believe there must be good and bad in every group of creatures.
Sentiments/Reclaimers: I do not know who these Reclaimers are. Should I encounter them I will then decide how I feel.
Sentiments/Orthodox: I do not know who these Orthodox are. Should I encounter them I will then decide how I feel.
Sentiments/Imperials: I do not know who these Imperials are. Should I encounter them I will then decide how I feel.
Species Hostilities: I only take issue with those who are cruel to others.
Disposition: Eugene is very simple. He knows what he knows which is very little because he has been enslaved since he was a calf. He is not prone to anger but will anger quickly if someone hurts someone for no reason, or is cruel.
Insanity:

ATTRIBUTES
I.Q.: 15
M.E.: 19
M.A.: 13
P.S.: 37 Crushing Strength
P.P.: 20
P.E.: 22
P.B.: 10
Speed: 10

PHYSICAL DATA
H.P.: 23
S.D.C.: 157
Natural Armor Rating: 8
Sex: Male
Height: 4’5”
Weight: 289 lbs
Description: Thick Gray Hide with sparse Black Hair. He has a long trunk and eyes of a very deep blue. He cannot speak although he can understand native. He uses sign language to communicate.

BIO-E DETAILS
Elephant Starting PE: 0
Freed Slave: +10
Reduced Growth Steps by 8 to 12: +40
Diet: Ruminant: +10
Vestigial Tail: +5
Vestigial Tusks: +10

Full Hands: -15
Full Biped: -10
Prehensile Trunk (special): -10
Natural Armor (Thick) Hide +25 SDC AR 8: -5
Crushing Strength: -20
Advanced Hearing: -5
Psionics: Empathy -10

NATURAL ABILITIES
Perception: 50%
Charm/Impress: 0%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 25%
Max. Encumbrance: 289 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 11,700 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 19,500 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: 20’ 8” horizontal, 7’ 9” vertical

PSIONICS

Range: 100 feet | Duration: 2 min. or 8 MR per level of experience | Minimum M.E.: 8 | Saving Throw: Standard
If any target succeeds in making a save vs Psionics then the psychic can not get a clear sense of the emotions.

The stronger the emotions, the more clearly they will be read by Empathy, with intense hate, anger, and love swamping out more subtle feelings . The psionic mutant is incapable of reading any of the thoughts that go along with the emotions, so he will not know why an individual is feeling the way he is. For example, if the psychic picks up intense fear, he will not know what is causing the fear (unless it is obvious to spectators), only the
strength of the fear in the individual. Opening Up. When a character "Opens Up" with Empathy, they are sensing any and all beings within range, all at the same time . The more beings, and the higher the level of emotion, the " louder" it is. If everyone is fairly calm, the mutant animal can sense dozens of different minds. On the other hand, three or four noisy emotions, such as might be found in the middle of combat, would cover up the feelings from quieter minds (such as someone unconscious or meditating).
Danger of Opening Up: While "open," the character is completely susceptible to attacks and probes from other psychics. One-on-One Empathy. The character concentrates on a particular being's emotions to read that one, specific character only. The psionic can shift from "open" to "one-on-one," and back, anytime.

Using Empathy for Lie Detection. Questioning someone while using Empathy on that specific person is good as a sort of " lie detector." However, since none of the character's thoughts are being detected (only his emotions), this can be very unreliable. For example, asking "Did you kill Bernie?" and then sensing hatred or terror only means that the character might have hated Bernie (or maybe hates the question, or hates that Bernie was killed), or is simply frightened of also being murdered (or accused of the murder). Likewise, a sense of calm may just mean that the character is naturally old-blooded or innocent. Empathy is particularly sensitive to ghosts, spirits and other psychic entities.

SPECIAL ABILITIES
  • Advanced Hearing
  • Advanced Smell
  • Advanced Vision
  • Natural Armor (Thick Hide): +25 Natural SDC, Natural AR 8
  • Prehensile Trunk (special): The trunk serves as an additional partial hand. The trunk will be long enough for the character to touch the ground with the tip of the trunk without bending over. P.S. is that of the elephant.
  • Vestigial Tusks: Medium - 1d4 damage

PRIMARY SKILLS
Blacksmith (40% +5%)
Boxing
Interrogation (40% +5%)
Land Navigation (36% +4%)
HTH: Gladiator
Physical Labor
Wrestling

SECONDARY SKILLS
Body Building
Language: Native (40% +5%)
Running
Sign Language 88% (+1%)
Wilderness Survival (30% +5%)
W.P. Shield
W.P. Spear
W.P. Targeting

COMBAT DATA
HTH Type:
Level 1: Starts with 4 APM, +2 to roll with impact, disarm an opponent on a natural 19 or 20
Level 2: +3 to pull punch, +1 to strike, +1 to parry
Level 3: +2 to melee damage, W.P. Paired weapons
Level 4: +1 APM, +2 to save vs, H.F.
Level 5: +1 to strike, disarm on a natural of 18-20
Level 6: +1 to parry, +1 to dodge, entangle, Body Throw/Flip; does 1D6 damage and victim loses initiative and 1 APM
Level 7: +1 APM, +2 to melee damage
Level 8: Stun on a natural 18-20
Level 9: +2 to pull punch, and +2 to roll with impact
Level 10: +1 APM
Level 11: +1 to parry, +2 to dodge, +2 to save vs H.F.
Level 12: Death blow on a natural 18-20
Level 13: +1 APM
Level 14: +2 to pull punch, disarm on a natural 17-20
Level 15: Critical strike (triple damage) or knockout from behind

Number of Attacks: 5
Initiative Bonus: +0
Strike Bonus: +5 | Spear +2
Parry Bonus: +5 | Spear +1 | Shield +1
Dodge Bonus: +5
HTH Damage Bonus: +22
Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
Bonus to Pull a Punch: +0
Bonus to Disarm: +0
Other:
--Disarm an opponent on a natural 19 or 20
--Pin: on 18-20
--Crush/Squeeze: 1D4
--Body Block/Tackle: 1D4 Damage +knockdown
--K.O.: on N20

WEAPON PROFICIENCIES
Aimed Shots: +3 to Strike Bonus (costs 2 actions)
Burst Shots: +1 to Strike Bonus
Called/Aimed Shots: +3 to Strike Bonus, 12+ Strike Roll Required (costs 3 actions)
Melee Called Shots: No bonus to Strike, No extra action cost

W.P. Shield +1 to Parry at 1, 3, 7, 10, and 13. +1 to strike with shield at 4, 8, and 12. Cannot be thrown.
W.P. Spear +1 to strike and parry at 1, 3, 6, 9, and 12. +1 to strike/thrown at 3, 6, 10, and 14. Max throwing range: 150'
W.P. Targeting - +1 to strike at levels, 1, 3, 7, and 10. If you have W.P. Targeting AND another missile W.P. (but not weapons not designed for throwing), then you may combine the bonuses from both proficiencies.

SAVING THROW BONUSES
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +2
Psionics (10+): +2
Horror Factor (varies): +0
Add others as needed
Last edited by Eugene on Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:39 am, edited 79 times in total.
Eugene

Re: Eugene ATB WIP

Post by Eugene »

Instructions:
  • Equipment is as per your Background selection.
  • Items which have stats have their name in bold type.
  • Items which have stats or images are fully listed under Gear Stats.
  • As such, there should be no stats or images above the Gear Stats header.
Equipment

Allocate your items into the categories listed in green!

Vehicles/Mounts are listed first.

Carried/In Hand
Spear
Small Wood and Leather Shield

Worn on Person
Basic Clothing
50 ft Length of Nylon Brown Rope
Barrel of water attached to back with Rope. He fills it with Water and reaches back with trunk and removes lid and drinks with his trunk as needed.

Utility Belt
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.
• Attachment:
• Attachment:
• Attachment:
• Attachment:

Backpack
The backpack is padded, sealable, and lightly armored. Internal space can be utilized to carry a variety of items. Internal capacity is 30" long, 18" wide, and 6" deep. Items larger than a grenade will require more than one space.
• Space: Light Blanket
• Space:
• Space:
• Space:
• Space:
• Space:
• Space:
• Space:
• Space:
• Space:

Stored in Vehicle

How to list Credits/Valuables:
2 Bits

Gear Stats

Small Wood and Leather Shield
  • Armor Rating: 8
  • S.D.C.: 30
  • Weight:
  • Features:
  • Modifiers:

Spear
  • Range: Close Combat
  • Damage: 2D6
  • Weight:
  • Features: Reach
  • Modifiers:
Last edited by Eugene on Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:19 am, edited 7 times in total.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Background Story
The old goat thought his livelihood was gone. His cart was stuck. He couldn't get it out of the mud hole. Everything he owned was in it. He held his head in exasperation looking at the scene before him. Suddenly he felt what he thought a tree trunk tap him on the shoulder. He turned to see a large bipedal elephant in brightly colored modge podged clothes.. And he jumped back with a scream. "Holy Schnickies, where did you come from?" The elephant raised both open hands indicating he meant no harm. The goat calmed down and says, "Sorry, you scared me." The elephant signs, "I am sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. Do you need help?" It had been a while but the old Goat knew what he was signing. Folks that can't speak were all too common a thing these days, so it was a good skill for a merchant to have."Well unless you have two Oxen hidden behind you to pull out my cart, then there isn't much . . ." The goat was interrupted, his mouth suddenly agape by the shocking scene of the elephant grabbing the cart and with little effort lifting it out of the mud and laying it on the road. "Or that could work too, I guess." He awkwardly reaches up and touches the elephant's bicep and says, "You are a strong one aren't you? What is your name?" The elephant signs, "Eugene. What is yours?". The goat replies, "They call me Mr. Tumnus, merchant extraordinaire. I am about to make camp. Let me offer you a fire and a meal." Eugene signs, "I am good on food, but thanks for the offer." He pulls out a branch of leaves and shows the goat. Then the goat realizes since Eugene wasn't speaking he didn't notice that behind his jowls he was chewing cud. Eugen then signs, "The fire does sound good though. I will join you." Eugene sits down as Mr. Tumnus is grabbing things for his meal off the cart. "So Eugene, where are you from and what brings you here?"

The young bull's hands sign "Please sit, I will share my tale." The goat sits on a rock. "I was born into slavery. My father was a slave, my mother was a slave. They died when I was young. They died in the mines. The other slaves raised me after that. I don't remember much about them. I remember my mother sang to me as my father held me. I sometime see their faces when I sleep. As a young calf I was put to work. I carried metal up from the mine. As I got older I was taught to forge tools for the mine. When work was complete we hoped to rest our weary bodies, but some days we were forced to fight for the slavers. For their entertainment. I was strong and won many fights. It got me the job forging the tools. I was given time to train for fights. I hid my progress. I became so much stronger, but they thought I was only slightly stronger. My deception and their ignorance became my means of escape.I became so strong no door can contain me. One night I ripped the door of my cell off the hinges. I freed the other slaves and we made the slavers pay for their cruelty. The slavers got to face the warrior they made and my strength was too much for them and they were destroyed for their cruelty. My freedom was their end. I will travel the world and make sure my freedom is the end of anyone who takes freedom from others."

"That is very noble of you, maybe a little idealistic. If you are going to take on slavery by yourself, you are going to need to be prepared." He stands up and starts rummaging through his cart ." I don't really carry arms and armor but I have been known to take them in trade for some of my goods. Got this from and old buffalo about three towns back." He takes out a shield and a Spear too large for the goat. "These were going to be hard to sell anyway. Not a lot of folks your size around. The shield should help keep you safe. The spear you can use to make the slavers less safe." Mr. Tumnus says with a giggle. "Have you used a spear before, Eugene?" asks Mr. Tumnus. Eugene nods and signs, "Yes, that is what they gave us in the arena. But all of this must be expensive, you don't need to give these to me." Mr. Tumnus responds, "I am not giving them to you Eugene. You saved my livelihood today, The least I could do is give you something to help protect your life." Eugene stands up and picks up the old goat and gives him a hug careful not to crush him. He puts him down and signs excitedly, "You are the first person I have met since I left the slaver camp. Thank you for your generosity." Laughing, Mr. Tumnus says, "No problem my friend. When you make a big name for yourself out there in the world, put some coin aside for goods from your old friend Mr. Tumnus." Eugene signs, "I will, my first friend." They continued talking about their lives until bedtime and then turned in.

Relationship to other player characters
  • TBD
284b85feb40a0d00d462d38eb23a112c.png

1: 0 - 1,950
2: 1,951 - 3,900
3: 3,901 - 7,800
4: 7,801 - 15,600
5: 15,601 - 23,200
6: 23,201 - 33,400
7: 33,401 - 48,800
8: 48,801 - 68,900
9: 68,901 - 94,000
10: 94,001 - 124,100
11: 124,101 - 174,200
12: 174,201 - 224,300
13: 224,301 - 274,400
14: 274,401 - 334,500
15: 334,501 - 394,600
Last edited by Eugene on Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:27 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Scratch Sheet
Use this post for any rolls pertaining to your character.
Every die roll must include a note as to what the roll is for.
GMs are at liberty to invalidate any roll not clearly denoted.

3d6: [2, 6, 4] = 12 ME +1 From Freed Slave, +2 Elephant, +4 EP Boost
3d6: [4, 1, 5] = 10 PB
3d6: [1, 6, 6] = 13 PP +7 EP Boost
3d6: [4, 1, 6] = 11 IQ +4 Elephant
3d6: [1, 1, 1] = 3 SPD -2 Growth Step, +9 Running
3d6: [5, 4, 2] = 11 MA, +2 Elephant
3d6: [4, 6, 4] = 14 PS +10 Brute Strength Elephant, +6 Growth Step, +2 Body Building, +2 Boxing, +1 Wrestling, +2 Physical Labor
3d6: [3, 4, 6] = 13 PE +2 From Freed Slave, +4 Growth Step, +1 Physical Labor, +1 Wrestling, +1 Running,

BIO-E
Elephant Starting PE: 0
Freed Slave: +10
Reduced Growth Steps by 8 to 12: +40
Diet: Ruminant: +10
Vestigial Tail: +5
Vestigial Tusks: +10
Final Starting BioE After Disadvantages - 75

Full Hands: -15
Full Biped: -10
Prehensile Trunk (special): -10
Natural Armor (Thick) Hide +25 SDC AR 8: -5
Crushing Strength: -20
Advanced Hearing: -5
Psionics - Empathy: -10
Total BioE Spent - 75

Athletics Speed Bonus: 1d4: [4] = 4
Athletics SDC Bonus: 1d6: [1] = 1
Boxing P.S. Bonus: 1d4: [2] = 2
Boxing SDC Bonus: 3d6: [5, 6, 3] = 14
Running SPD Bonus: 4d4: [1, 3, 1, 4] = 9
Running SDC Bonus: 1d6: [4] = 4
Wrestling SDC Bonus: 4d6: [4, 2, 4, 6] = 16
Physical Labor SDC Bonus: 2d8: [5, 3] = 8
Body Building SDC Bonus: +10
S.D.C. 50 From Size+25 From BIO E Thick Hide+10 Body Building+14 Boxing+4 Running+16 Wrestling+8 Physical Labor= 127 SDC

Ht: 48 + 3d6: [4, 6, 2] = 12 2d6: [4, 1] = 5
Wt: 250 + 6d10: [10, 7, 4, 5, 10, 3] = 39 lbs.

H.P. Die: 1d6: [1] = 1
Money: 1d4*20: [4]*20 = 80

EP Stat Boosts:
1d6: [4] = 4 For Stat Boost Under 16 ME - 1EP
1d6: [4] = 4 For Stat Boost Under 16 PP - 1EP
1d6: [3] = 3 For Stat Boost Over 16 PP - 3EP
Last edited by Eugene on Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:26 am, edited 22 times in total.
Augur
Admin

Re: Eugene, Elephant Freed Slave ATB - Ready for Review

Post by Augur »

Tons of typos throughout the sheet, mate. Give things a thorough proofread. Use the following from the New Player's Guide. It's helpful.

DETAILS
  • Whoever is reviewing your character is likely to mark it up.
  • Make sure when you create your character to go through it with a fine-toothed comb.
  • If you are having trouble with the BBCode, get some help.
  • Your reviewer is looking for inconsistencies, misspellings, and formatting errors on your character sheet.
    Helpful tips:
    • Include a space after every form of punctuation.
    • Don't use "feet or inches," use the ' or " denotations.
    • EU uses English Customary Weights and Measures, not the metric system.
    • When in doubt, refer to Augur's own character sheet as an example.
REVIEW
  • Before you have someone review your character, make sure everything is listed correctly.
  • Make sure the proper capitalization, spelling, and spacing are present. Yes, this really counts! It can cost you in many ways if you don't follow through. Every modern browser has a spell check and grammar check function. You can also Google the term "free spell and grammar check website," if you need the help. Don't be afraid to ask for help either.
  • Make sure your bonuses are added up and listed correctly.
  • If you don't have a bonus, make sure it is listed with a +0 or --.
  • If you are not sure if you are missing something, ask a veteran player, AGM, or GM.
My Linktree Page
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Palladium Books Internet Policy
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Augur wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:26 pm Tons of typos throughout the sheet, mate. Give things a thorough proofread. Use the following from the New Player's Guide. It's helpful.

DETAILS
  • Whoever is reviewing your character is likely to mark it up.
  • Make sure when you create your character to go through it with a fine-toothed comb.
  • If you are having trouble with the BBCode, get some help.
  • Your reviewer is looking for inconsistencies, misspellings, and formatting errors on your character sheet.
    Helpful tips:
    • Include a space after every form of punctuation.
    • Don't use "feet or inches," use the ' or " denotations.
    • EU uses English Customary Weights and Measures, not the metric system.
    • When in doubt, refer to Augur's own character sheet as an example.
REVIEW
  • Before you have someone review your character, make sure everything is listed correctly.
  • Make sure the proper capitalization, spelling, and spacing are present. Yes, this really counts! It can cost you in many ways if you don't follow through. Every modern browser has a spell check and grammar check function. You can also Google the term "free spell and grammar check website," if you need the help. Don't be afraid to ask for help either.
  • Make sure your bonuses are added up and listed correctly.
  • If you don't have a bonus, make sure it is listed with a +0 or --.
  • If you are not sure if you are missing something, ask a veteran player, AGM, or GM.
I believe I have fixed everything.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Code: Select all

Perception: 50% / [roll]1d100<20[/roll]
JIC: [roll]1d20[/roll] | [roll]1d100[/roll]
Conditions: Advanced Hearing, Advanced Smell, Advanced Sight
[inline=Saves]Coma/Death: +14%, Magic (varies): +4 Lethal Poison (14+): +4, Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4, Insanity (12+): +2, Psionics (10+): +2, Horror: +0[/inline]
Action 1: 
Action 2: 
Action 3: 
Action 4:
Action 5: 

Unarmed Parries: [roll]1d20+5[/roll], [roll]1d20+5[/roll], [roll]1d20+5[/roll], [roll]1d20+5[/roll], [roll]1d20+5[/roll]
Spear OR Shield Parries: [roll]1d20+6[/roll], [roll]1d20+6[/roll], [roll]1d20+6[/roll], [roll]1d20+6[/roll], [roll]1d20+6[/roll]
Spear AND Shield Parries: [roll]1d20+7[/roll], [roll]1d20+7[/roll], [roll]1d20+7[/roll], [roll]1d20+7[/roll], [roll]1d20+7[/roll]
Last edited by Eugene on Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
Augur
Admin

Post by Augur »

The entry reads: "5 BIO-E for Natural Armor (Thick Skin): A.R. 8, +25 S.D.C."
Not the 125 that was listed. I have corrected this. If I'm somehow missing something, let me know.
Psionics (varies): +0
^ Note your base save number in lieu of "varies"
Disarm an opponent on a natural 19 or 20
Where did this come from? I've never seen such a game mechanic.
My Linktree Page
ImageImage
Medals
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Augur wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:47 pm The entry reads: "5 BIO-E for Natural Armor (Thick Skin): A.R. 8, +25 S.D.C."
Not the 125 that was listed. I have corrected this. If I'm somehow missing something, let me know.
I had these in scratch sheet but not together. I assumed Armor from Size, Thick Hide, and from Physical Skills would be Natural. I had never seen Natural S.D.C. on a character sheet until ATB. The Total is 127 but not sure how to divide in S.D.C and Natural S.D.C. as outlined in the Template. My original S.D.C. list was for my shield. I assumed S.D.C. was for listing S.D.C. that was for Armor S.D.C. and Natural S.D.C on the Template was for all other S.D.C. I put all SDC bonuses from Size, Skills and Thick Hide together in Scratch sheet to make it more clear, but also included the calculation below. I just need guidance on which ones populate the SDC space on the template and which goes in the Natural SDC space on the template.

S.D.C. 50 From Size+25 From BIO E Thick Hide+10 Body Building+14 Boxing+4 Running+16 Wrestling+8 Physical Labor= 127 SDC
Augur wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:47 pm
Psionics (varies): +0
^ Note your base save number in lieu of "varies"
The lack of this number may be a misunderstanding on the mechanics on my part. I thought this was (varies) because the number is determined by whether the Psionicist was a Minor, Major, Or Master Psionicist. I am having difficulty finding how to populate this, but I will ask the group for help.

Edit: Group came through and it is fixed. Thanks for helping me understand this better.
Augur wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:47 pm
Disarm an opponent on a natural 19 or 20
Where did this come from? I've never seen such a game mechanic.
This is from HTH: Gladiator in my Primary Skill List that came from ATB Unified Skills List.
Level 1: Starts with 4 APM, +2 to roll with impact, disarm an opponent on a natural 19 or 20
Augur
Admin

Post by Augur »

S.D.C. gained from "Natural armor" isn't separate from your normal S.D.C., it's just bonus S.D.C. gained cuz you've a tough hide.

"This is from HTH: Gladiator in my Primary Skill List that came from ATB Unified Skills List."
Thank you! I've never really looked closely at that HTH, so it surprised me.

" I thought this was (varies) because the number is determined by whether the Psionicist was a Minor, Major, Or Master Psionicist."
This is correct. Just gotta find the rule. ;) Happy scavenger hunt!
My Linktree Page
ImageImage
Medals

Return to “Cast of Characters”