Episode 2: The Ruins of Beaugrey Hall

After the Bomb adventure forum
Post Reply
User avatar
Augur
Admin
Posts: 5642
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Episode 2: The Ruins of Beaugrey Hall

Post by Augur »

Conditions:
Date/Time: July 16th, 20th Year of Longjaw/Afternoon
Location: The King’s Road, near Cumberbridge
Environment: Wilderness, on the road


Jesper, inspecting the sturdy Cumberbridge that crosses this somewhat narrow (only about fifty feet across) and swift moving length of the River Tayth, finds nothing amiss with it, nor anything suspicious about it. Similarly, Pip sees nothing wrong with the construction of the bridge either; the stone piers and pile caps are as seemingly eternal as the river itself, and far less changing. The old adage about not being able to step into the same river twice crosses Pip's mind and brings him some small measure of intellectual amusement. The Cumberbridge is about forty feet high off the water, and broad enough to handle three wagons abreast at the same time. The River Tayth moving swiftly through the stretch east of Kingsalter has cut a deep ravine with steep sides in certain areas, this crossing point being one of them. Like any bridge on a major travel route, it serves two primary functions: to facilitate commerce & troop movements. While it has been generations since the last armies of undulates marched under banners of war, the Cumberbridge remains ready to support the armies of Kingsalter in just such a capacity should the need arise. Kaster and the rest banter back and forth with Kaster translating for Eugene to facilitate conversation among the group. Birger maintains the privacy of his own thoughts as he navigates and helps drive the team to their next destination. The wagon and cart are well laden with both provisions and trade goods which is both a potential blessing--in that they should be able to make a tidy little profit in trading finished products from Kingsalter with the villagers abroad who have less access to such things, and also a risk--in that a well laden wagon is a ripe target for bandits. With bandits on his mind, it's Birger who's the first to spot the wagon approaching from the other side of the bridge. There appears to be two folk aboard, both rodents of some kind--mice, perhaps? It's hard to tell for sure at a distance. One thing is for certain, they and the wagon look to be in terrible shape. There are smeared patches of blood across the long, heavy skirt of the female walking on the left side of the wagon, and the man driving the simple ox that's pulling the wagon has a pant leg torn up to his hip, and that leg is splinted. The wagon looks in disrepair, and a youth--most likely the couple's son--is trying to secure a ragged flap on the wagon's cover from the roadside as they approach the bridge. The boy, at least, doesn't have blood stains on his ragged clothes, but does look a bit skittish and like he and the rest of his family could use some rest.

What are your intentions?

Image
Birger:
Eugene:
Kaster:
Jesper:
Pip:
My Linktree Page
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Eugene
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:58 am

Re: Episode 2: The Ruins of Beaugrey Hall

Post by Eugene »

Perception: 50% / 1d100<20: [61] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 | 1d100: [36] = 36
Status: S.D.C.: 127/127 | Shield 157/157 , H.P.: 23/23
Conditions: Advanced Hearing, Advanced Smell, Advanced Sight
Coma/Death: +14%, Magic (varies): +4 Lethal Poison (14+): +4, Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4, Insanity (12+): +2, Psionics (10+): +2, Horror: +0

Eugene is listening to Pip, Jesper and Kaster discuss the history of the bridge. Despite his keen Senses he doesn't notice Birger's attention be grasped by the scene on the bridge still facing his three new friends. He is fascinated by the story and information being shared. (If someone points out the scene on the bridge, as soon as he sees the condition of their cart and blood, he will open up empathically to get a sense of the emotions of the people approaching. This is not something he does with intent. This always seems to happen when people are angry or seem to be injured or distressed. He has always for some reason been able to do this and it allows him to sus out the needs of others and help them when he can.)
User avatar
Birger
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 03, 2022 6:23 pm

Re: Episode 2: The Ruins of Beaugrey Hall

Post by Birger »

Perception: 1d100: [90] = 90 /69%
Just in Case: 1d20: [10] = 10 ; 1d100: [38] = 38
Conditions:
Can see double the usual distance and detail of normal human vision.
,
Gives the character an increased chance (+10% skill bonus) to perform delicate actions and skills like picking locks and sleight of hand (palming, etc.). Characters can also recognize very slight differences in texture.
,
Allows the character to detect very faint scent traces. Tracking by smell (as a bloodhound) is possible at 59%+5% per level. Characters can also recognize the distinct smells of individuals and can detect when people experience extremes of emotions (69% +2% per level of experience). This is occasionally used as a lie-detector, but is rather unreliable.


Before the bridge

Birger digs in his satchel and pulls a folded piece of cloth. "Jesper, here. I know it's not the on you lost, but at least you can have a new one." Birger says as he tosses the folded scarf to the rabbit.

Current Time

Birger eyes the oncoming cart and sighs. "Seems to be the state of things, likely attacked by wild beasts or bandits. We should offer them aid if possible." Birger says as he slows his cart to a halt. Hopping down from his seat, Birger gives Kiri a pat before waving at the disheveled newcomers.

"You folk seem to have been in a pickle, do you need any assistance?" Birger says aloud to the other cart.
Birger
“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” ― Terry Pratchet
User avatar
Pip
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue May 10, 2022 11:48 am

Re: Episode 2: The Ruins of Beaugrey Hall

Post by Pip »

Perception: 1d100: [50] = 50 /44% (+10% if Danger Sense is active, +10% when in darkness, +5% to perceiving any tactile characteristics)
Just in Case: 1d20: [5] = 5 ; 1d100: [60] = 60
Conditions: Danger Sense
Augur wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:44 pm With bandits on his mind, it's Birger who's the first to spot the wagon approaching from the other side of the bridge. There appears to be two folk aboard, both rodents of some kind--mice, perhaps? It's hard to tell for sure at a distance. One thing is for certain, they and the wagon look to be in terrible shape. There are smeared patches of blood across the long, heavy skirt of the female walking on the left side of the wagon, and the man driving the simple ox that's pulling the wagon has a pant leg torn up to his hip, and that leg is splinted. The wagon looks in disrepair, and a youth--most likely the couple's son--is trying to secure a ragged flap on the wagon's cover from the roadside as they approach the bridge. The boy, at least, doesn't have blood stains on his ragged clothes, but does look a bit skittish and like he and the rest of his family could use some rest.
Birger wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:26 am Birger eyes the oncoming cart and sighs. "Seems to be the state of things, likely attacked by wild beasts or bandits. We should offer them aid if possible." Birger says as he slows his cart to a halt. Hopping down from his seat, Birger gives Kiri a pat before waving at the disheveled newcomers.

"You folk seem to have been in a pickle, do you need any assistance?" Birger says aloud to the other cart.
This is a little too close to the adage of 'Speak of an Adversary' for my liking. Pip thinks when Birger draws the group's attention to the approaching wagon. "Agreed." He voices when offering aid is proposed.

"Indeed. Do you need aid?" He calls out to the other cart. "What trouble befell you?" He will ask other questions to try and determine what happened and if there is aid they need that they are not speaking about.

Interrogation: 1d100: [70] = 70 /49% (question the Folk with the other cart)
User avatar
Jesper
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:58 am

Re: Episode 2: The Ruins of Beaugrey Hall

Post by Jesper »

Perception: 1d100: [76] = 76 / 45% (+10% if Danger Sense is active, -15% to anything within 60' in front of Jesper)
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [89] = 89
Conditions: Danger Sense
Skills:
Detect Concealment & Traps: 1d100: [97] = 97 / 25% (to maybe spot some of the cargo)
Heraldry: 1d100: [21] = 21 / 15% (to maybe identify the mice)
Also, Jes has a 25% chance of recognizing any bandits who are in disguise, hiding, or "retired," from their days on the run. 1d100: [22] = 22 / 25%
Birger wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:26 am Before the bridge

Birger digs in his satchel and pulls a folded piece of cloth. "Jesper, here. I know it's not the on you lost, but at least you can have a new one." Birger says as he tosses the folded scarf to the rabbit.
Reaching out a hand, Jesper catches the bundled scarf. It takes him a moment to realize what it is exactly, but once he does, his mouth turns up in a grin. “Thank you,” Jes says to Birger, clearly surprised and impressed. “This means the world to me.” While the new scarf doesn’t quite replace the one he’s lost, Jes once again finds himself lucky to be with this group of friends. The rabbit wastes no time at all looping the gift around his neck.

The King’s Road, near Cumberbridge
Birger wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:26 am"Seems to be the state of things, likely attacked by wild beasts or bandits. We should offer them aid if possible."
When they are pointed out, Jesper takes a good long look at the family approaching them. They do appear to have seen better days, but bandits? Jesper’s eyes inspect the three mice and their cart. What are they carting around? He hangs back a bit from the others, attempting to glean information.

Parries (just in case): 1d20-1: [11]-1 = 10 , 1d20-1: [12]-1 = 11 , 1d20-1: [10]-1 = 9 , and 1d20-1: [2]-1 = 1
Jesper Brambleborn
“Then his sense of adventure and mischief prompted him.” - Richard Adams, Watership Down
User avatar
Kaster
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:06 pm

Re: Episode 2: The Ruins of Beaugrey Hall

Post by Kaster »

Percep: 35%: 1d100: [11] = 11
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 1d100: [48] = 48

Sign Language 33%= 1d100: [77] = 77

Kaster looks on at the mice in the wagon, These Folk seem to have run into some trouble, but they've still got their wagon. So its not all bad.
He hurries and tries to get his cart across the bridge before they come to pass the mice. He glances to Birger, wondering if the other trader will want to do the same and not get stuck on the bridge.

The mice having already been asked about their condition, Kaster keeps his mouth shut and his ears open. Listening for anything that may be important. For now Kaster stays by his cart and watches over his goods.
Last edited by Kaster on Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Augur
Admin
Posts: 5642
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Episode 2: The Ruins of Beaugrey Hall

Post by Augur »

Conditions:
Date/Time: July 16th, 20th Year of Longjaw/Afternoon
Location: The King’s Road, near Cumberbridge
Environment: Wilderness, on the road


Eugene can sense that the people approaching from the other side are grieving, beleaguered, and emotionally numb and exhausted in addition to being physically fatigued and injured. Jesper notes that none of the travelers appear to be bandits in disguise, or those he'd known from years prior. Jesper hangs back a bit from the others as the two carts parties come abreast of one another on the bridge. Birger and Pip speak up as they near the strangers. While everyone hears the exchanges, it is only Kaster who's attentive enough to pick up on the subtle nuances exhibited by the travelers.
Birger wrote:"You folk seem to have been in a pickle, do you need any assistance?" Birger says aloud to the other cart.
Pip wrote:"Indeed. Do you need aid? What trouble befell you?"
The mouse driving the cart is bolder than the rest and speaks up, "Assistance? No, we can manage, strangers, thank you. Though I should add we've nothing of value." He pauses for a moment as he apparently considers the other questions. "If I were you, I'd cut over and across the Hevenward Hills. The giant ants near the Buzzard Hills have been agitated by something. We barely made it past their hive with our lives. I'm afraid the family who were traveling with us in their own wagon were killed."

The woman walking beside their wagon shakes her head. "We don't know that," she looks to her husband reprovingly, "you don't know that, Sam! We rode hard and didn't look back. They could have escaped. Maybe turned and fled back the way we came. The Tooks are rats, not fools. They wouldn't have stayed to fight giant, aggressive ants." Her hands are on her hips as she says this.

Meanwhile, their son appears to be studiously avoiding taking part in the discussion and is instead focused on his task--looks like a broken tie-down for the wagon cover, or else the stiff breeze across the bridge is making it difficult for him to secure the cover. Kaster gathers from all he's seeing that the man is clearly putting up a strong facade out of pride. The family doesn't look to have eaten recently, the man is clearly injured and perhaps the woman as well, and the boy is clearly emotionally disturbed by what they've experienced even more than his parents.

What are your intentions?

Image
Birger:
Eugene:
Kaster:
Jesper:
Pip:
My Linktree Page
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Birger
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 03, 2022 6:23 pm

Re: Episode 2: The Ruins of Beaugrey Hall

Post by Birger »

Perception: 1d100: [27] = 27 /69%
Just in Case: 1d20: [1] = 1 ; 1d100: [55] = 55
Conditions:
Can see double the usual distance and detail of normal human vision.
,
Gives the character an increased chance (+10% skill bonus) to perform delicate actions and skills like picking locks and sleight of hand (palming, etc.). Characters can also recognize very slight differences in texture.
,
Allows the character to detect very faint scent traces. Tracking by smell (as a bloodhound) is possible at 59%+5% per level. Characters can also recognize the distinct smells of individuals and can detect when people experience extremes of emotions (69% +2% per level of experience). This is occasionally used as a lie-detector, but is rather unreliable.

Wagon Driver wrote:"Assistance? No, we can manage, strangers, thank you. Though I should add we've nothing of value... If I were you, I'd cut over and across the Hevenward Hills. The giant ants near the Buzzard Hills have been agitated by something. We barely made it past their hive with our lives. I'm afraid the family who were traveling with us in their own wagon were killed."
Birger nods at the statement.
Driver's Wife wrote:"We don't know that,.. you don't know that, Sam! We rode hard and didn't look back. They could have escaped. Maybe turned and fled back the way we came. The Tooks are rats, not fools. They wouldn't have stayed to fight giant, aggressive ants."
Again Birger nods. "My good folk, I am sorry you've been through such a harrowing experience. Again I offer assistance, your wagon looks in need of some maintenance, and I am more than willing to help you. I'm not looking for compensation, just doing a good deed is all. Besides from the looks of it, you could likely do for the rest." Birger says as he climbs down from his own cart.

If the travelers refuse.

Birger nods. "I understand. I can at least tell you the road from here to Kingsalter is clear of troubles since we passed it." Birger says as he moves back to his cart and climbs back onboard.

If the travelers agree.

General Repair & Maintenance 1d100: [14] = 14 54% - 64% with tool kit. (To preform maintenance on the stranger's wagon.)

Birger nods. "Excellent, let me grab my tools and see what can be done to keep your wagon running a bit longer." Birger says as he grabs his tool bag and approaches the wagon to see if he can at the very least effect some temporary repairs to keep them running.
Birger
“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” ― Terry Pratchet
User avatar
Eugene
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:58 am

Re: Episode 2: The Ruins of Beaugrey Hall

Post by Eugene »

Perception: 50% / 1d100<20: [60] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 | 1d100: [98] = 98
Status: S.D.C.: 127/127 | Shield 157/157 , H.P.: 23/23
Conditions: Advanced Hearing, Advanced Smell, Advanced Sight
Coma/Death: +14%, Magic (varies): +4 Lethal Poison (14+): +4, Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4, Insanity (12+): +2, Psionics (10+): +2, Horror: +0

Augur wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:06 pm Conditions:
Date/Time: July 16th, 20th Year of Longjaw/Afternoon
Location: The King’s Road, near Cumberbridge
Environment: Wilderness, on the road


Eugene can sense that the people approaching from the other side are grieving, beleaguered, and emotionally numb and exhausted in addition to being physically fatigued and injured. Jesper notes that none of the travelers appear to be bandits in disguise, or those he'd known from years prior. Jesper hangs back a bit from the others as the two carts parties come abreast of one another on the bridge. Birger and Pip speak up as they near the strangers. While everyone hears the exchanges, it is only Kaster who's attentive enough to pick up on the subtle nuances exhibited by the travelers.
Sensing their emotions, Eugene thinks, It is best to not belabor them with translation so I will remain silent. They do not need more stress. My compatriots are nice and very capable I will just assist them in any way I can.
Birger wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:46 pm
Again Birger nods. "My good folk, I am sorry you've been through such a harrowing experience. Again I offer assistance, your wagon looks in need of some maintenance, and I am more than willing to help you. I'm not looking for compensation, just doing a good deed is all. Besides from the looks of it, you could likely do for the rest." Birger says as he climbs down from his own cart.

If the travelers refuse.

Birger nods. "I understand. I can at least tell you the road from here to Kingsalter is clear of troubles since we passed it." Birger says as he moves back to his cart and climbs back onboard.
Eugene will smile and wave farewell to the travelers. He wishes to offer them food but has nothing that would interest them. He makes a mental not to pick up some hard candies or something that will keep and would delight people they encounter. Hopefully raise spirits in future encounters.
Birger wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:46 pm If the travelers agree.

General Repair & Maintenance 1d100: [14] = 14 54% - 64% with tool kit. (To preform maintenance on the stranger's wagon.)

Birger nods. "Excellent, let me grab my tools and see what can be done to keep your wagon running a bit longer." Birger says as he grabs his tool bag and approaches the wagon to see if he can at the very least effect some temporary repairs to keep them running.
He will assist Birger anyway necessary including holding the cart up if needed. it will be noticeable that he is very strong. He is able to easily lift the cart with one arm with no strain. He wishes to offer them food but has nothing that would interest them. He makes a mental note to pick up some hard candies or something that will keep and would delight people they encounter. Hopefully raise the spirits of people in future encounters.

After they have set off he will wave and then transition to signing to Pip and Kaster. "I am new to the group, but I think we should see if those other folks are alright and maybe deal with those ants so that the road will be safe for travel. But you have traveled for some time and I will defer to your wisdom."
User avatar
Pip
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue May 10, 2022 11:48 am

Re: Episode 2: The Ruins of Beaugrey Hall

Post by Pip »

Perception: 1d100: [26] = 26 /44% (+10% if Danger Sense is active, +10% when in darkness, +5% to perceiving any tactile characteristics)
Just in Case: 1d20: [4] = 4 ; 1d100: [20] = 20
Conditions:
The character can see double the usual distance and detail of normal human vision.
,
The ability to see at night. There must be starlight or some other light source available to the character; 1000 foot (305 m) range/distance. If the character is in a completely blacked-out area, a cave, for example, then nothing will be visible; is as blind as anyone else.
,
The character has the ability to hear very faint sounds (light footsteps, small animals breathing). The character can also overhear a conversation at a much greater distance than is normally possible. + I on initiative.
,
The character has an increased chance (+10% skill bonus) to perform delicate actions and skills like picking locks and sleight of hand (palming, etc.). Characters can also recognize very slight differences in texture.
,
Range: 90 feet (27.4 m) or self.
Duration: Four melee rounds (one minute).
Minimum M.E.: None. Not available to Mutant Humans.
Saving Throw: None.
Cost: 10 BIO-E.
The Danger Sense is a psychic intuition that provides a precognitive flash concerning imminent danger to himself or someone near him (within 30 feet/9.1 m). This includes hidden ambush, snipers, traps, a predatory animal stalking from the shadows, a poisonous snake, land mine, or dangerous situations (bridge can not support his weight, etc.). Danger Sense does not indicate what or where the danger might be, just that it exists and is imminent. Ultimately, it should put the character on alert that something is wrong and he must be careful and ready to act quickly (+2 on initiative to respond to the threat, + I to dodge). Note: The character must specify when the power is being used. It does not work automatically.

Augur wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:06 pm Birger and Pip speak up as they near the strangers. While everyone hears the exchanges, it is only Kaster who's attentive enough to pick up on the subtle nuances exhibited by the travelers.
Birger wrote: "You folk seem to have been in a pickle, do you need any assistance?" Birger says aloud to the other cart.
Pip wrote: "Indeed. Do you need aid? What trouble befell you?"
The mouse driving the cart is bolder than the rest and speaks up, "Assistance? No, we can manage, strangers, thank you. Though I should add we've nothing of value." He pauses for a moment as he apparently considers the other questions. "If I were you, I'd cut over and across the Hevenward Hills. The giant ants near the Buzzard Hills have been agitated by something. We barely made it past their hive with our lives. I'm afraid the family who were traveling with us in their own wagon were killed."
Birger wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:46 pm Birger nods at the statement.
Seams my concerns about the insects were well founded. Pip muses to himself.
Augur wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:06 pm The woman walking beside their wagon shakes her head. "We don't know that," she looks to her husband reprovingly, "you don't know that, Sam! We rode hard and didn't look back. They could have escaped. Maybe turned and fled back the way we came. The Tooks are rats, not fools. They wouldn't have stayed to fight giant, aggressive ants." Her hands are on her hips as she says this.

Meanwhile, their son appears to be studiously avoiding taking part in the discussion and is instead focused on his task--looks like a broken tie-down for the wagon cover, or else the stiff breeze across the bridge is making it difficult for him to secure the cover. Kaster gathers from all he's seeing that the man is clearly putting up a strong facade out of pride. The family doesn't look to have eaten recently, the man is clearly injured and perhaps the woman as well, and the boy is clearly emotionally disturbed by what they've experienced even more than his parents.
OOC Comments
GM confirmed in chat that the things Kester noticed are raw perception success. Following the GM's precedent that it is better to ask forgiveness than permission, Pip will be played with the perception success that was missed at the time of the GM post. 50 < 44 (Natual) + 10 (Danger Sence).
Birger wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:46 pm Again Birger nods. "My good folk, I am sorry you've been through such a harrowing experience. Again I offer assistance, your wagon looks in need of some maintenance, and I am more than willing to help you. I'm not looking for compensation, just doing a good deed is all. Besides from the looks of it, you could likely do for the rest." Birger says as he climbs down from his own cart.
"Yes, don't let your pride get in the way of the help your family needs. Please allow us to do the right thing and salve your troubles by ensuring you can make it Kingsalter." Pip follows up. Then looking back at the rest of the group he asks. "Do you guys think we can spare some provisions? They do not look like they have eaten in a while."

If the travelers refuse.
Birger wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:46 pm Birger nods. "I understand. I can at least tell you the road from here to Kingsalter is clear of troubles since we passed it." Birger says as he moves back to his cart and climbs back onboard.
Eugene wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:20 pm Eugene will smile and wave farewell to the travelers.
Pip shrugs. "If you insist. I pray you to make it safely."

If the travelers agree.
Birger wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:46 pm Birger nods. "Excellent, let me grab my tools and see what can be done to keep your wagon running a bit longer." Birger says as he grabs his tool bag and approaches the wagon to see if he can at the very least effect some temporary repairs to keep them running.
Eugene wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:20 pm He will assist Birger anyway necessary including holding the cart up if needed. it will be noticeable that he is very strong. He is able to easily lift the cart with one arm with no strain.
"Allow me to assist you, Birger." Pip says. "More eyes are helpful if nothing else." A general repair kit, I knew I was forgetting something. He chides himself. Turning back to the family he adds. "I can also provide you with a preliminary list of what, if anything, needs a full repair once you get to the city if you like."

General Repair & Maintenance: 1d100: [98] = 98 /59% (Help ensure the wagon will make it to the city.)
Rope Works: 1d100: [56] = 56 /54% (Help ensure the wagon will make it to the city.)
Carpentry: 1d100: [100] = 100 /54% - 69% with Superior Carpentry Kit. (Help ensure the wagon will make it to the city and find what wooden parts need to be fixed later)
Mechanics: Basic: 1d100: [11] = 11 /63% (Help ensure the wagon will make it to the city and find what mechanical parts need to be fixed later)
Blacksmith: 1d100: [77] = 77 /64% (Find what metal parts need to be fixed later.)
Eugene wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:20 pm After they have set off he will wave and then transition to signing to Pip and Kaster. "I am new to the group, but I think we should see if those other folks are alright and maybe deal with those ants so that the road will be safe for travel. But you have traveled for some time and I will defer to your wisdom."
Translating for Eugene, Pip says. "Eugene thinks we should check what happened to the other folk, and possibly deal with the ants. But he will defer to the rest of the group." With a shrug he continues "I am fine with that as long as we all think it is safe to do so. Taking the wagons through the hills has its own risks, so it might be better to scout out if it is actually necessary."
User avatar
Kaster
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:06 pm

Re: Episode 2: The Ruins of Beaugrey Hall

Post by Kaster »

Percep: 35%: 1d100: [12] = 12
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 1d100: [41] = 41

Sign Language 33%= 1d100: [97] = 97
Back Flip: 50%= 1d100: [50] = 50
Dance 30%= 1d100: [96] = 96
Juggling 30%= 1d100: [20] = 20


Kaster gives a deep sigh and turns to dig around under the tarp covering his cart. When he extracts himself from under the tarp, he's holding one of the cast iron pots he bought for selling. Looking more resigned then anything else, Kaster walks over to the mice's wagon and hands the pot over to the woman. "Here you go. Couple pounds of oatmeal and a little dried fruit to see you through to Kingsalter." He nods to the woman with no trace of a smile on his face. Come on Kaster. This is the right thing to do. Its what you'd hope someone would do for you in the same situation. But Arg, giving away tradegoods is not what we're in business to do. Might as well just skip down the street throwing Bucks at people.

A conflicted Kaster makes his way back to his cart and sighs heavily as he takes up his place between the pulling handles. He sees Eugene's hands flick about in the hand speak but can't seem to make out what the elephant is talking about. He looks about at the others impatient to get moving but not really looking forward to the possibility of having to maneuver past giant ants further down the road. Its move than obvious that Kaster is not in a good mood at this point.

It takes a moment but the state of the mouse family's condition finally sinks in, especially that of the child. He tries to catch the boy's eye as he takes a few steps forward then appears to trip and roll forward. Bounding to his feet and attempts a back flip before giving a little dance. His hooves clip clop on the stone bridge as his feet bounce around. He ends the little comedic spectacle by scooping up a few rocks and juggling then around for a bit before tossing the rocks over the side of the bridge and looking confused as to where they have gone.

If his little routine gets a smile from the boy, Kaster will give a smile back, though there seems to be a little sadness in his eyes. My wolves are his ants.
Post Reply

Return to “A Tale of Tails (ATB Adventure Forum)”