The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Government and Business District.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ronan »

JiC: 1d100 = 33: 33 / 1d20 = 11: 11
Perception [34%]: 1d100 = 16: 16

Mierin wrote:”Copy that, Rook. I'll follow on cycle. Keep me updated on what you find.”
Ronan nods. "You got it." Ronan responds to Mierin before bounding off.
Invoke Trust [34%]: 1d100 = 31: 31

When Ronan emerges from the smoke and sees the private security train their weapons on his position, Ronan, briefly, forgets where he is. A look of shock crosses the arismals face as he can see they are about to open fire. Shit. Shit. Shit. I'm not used to ducking for cover! Ronan thinks quickly as he raises his hands up and essentially tumbles forward in a combat roll over his right shoulder as he shouts amid the fire. When he sees them shooting at the demons, he's almost baffled then nearly laughs. Shit, they must've though those things were chasing me. He thinks as he flags down the security. "Woah! Woah! Woah! Boys, Cease Fire!" He beckons.

Pausing briefly in his pursuit, he calls out to the Spa's security that just opened fire. "We're chasing a target that just dropped a package bomb at our building. These weird looking things behind me are backup! You had a sniper on your rooftop I'm trying to pin down. Catch the real threat." Ronan commands, attempting to invoke an immediate degree of trust and/or intimidation into the security forces to do something useful with themselves instead of firing at the demons.

He queues his radio; "Hey, Deuce. Your boys freaked out some of the local security and got shot up. Queen, Deuce. I don't have eyes on, I am rounding the corner of the Spa to try to cover their paths of escape." He informs Vheld and Mierin. Go figure this is when I'm not wearing any of my gear. He chastises himself for not being properly armed.

He'll then continue his run, though will not be climbing the top of the spa, figuring the target has likely already made its way down, and will instead round the spa's corner to the far side from the Haunt in an attempt to circle it and notice anyone out of the ordinary.

Detect Ambush [63%]: 1d100 = 25: 25 (Watching for signs of ambush from anyone)
Intelligence [69%]: 1d100 = 20: 20 (Use what he knows, has seen and can infer to plot the best path a runner would take)

Contingencies
If Ronan identifies the target, he will attempt a running leap to gain on them and if he can get within 90 ft, use Fleshworks to trip their legs and make them fall.
If he can get within 24 feet, he will encase their bodies with silver (leaving just the head uncased)

If he comes under fire, he'll activate his forcefield and seek cover, not wanting to shred his clothing nor silver up in the dead center of town.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Theron Wymond (PFRPG B) | Harbinger (Phase World: Void Reavers)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 446
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Lahz »

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 33: 33 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 20: 20
JiC D100: 1d100 = 94: 94

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Frustrated/on Edge, Curious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder PA [for body], Astral Projection (89.00 Min)

ISP: 213/221

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 66: 66

Aegis of No Retreat wrote:[3 weeks out]
... The psi-tech makes great time over to the Haunt and reaches out with his mind to disarm the 'bomb'. However, the moment he directs his telemechanic ability at the package, he recognizes its fraudulent nature. Though there is very obviously a trigger, the remainder of the 'bomb' is a useless mass of wires attached to lead bricks. Anyone who had any talent at demolitions would be able to spot the dud if the package had been opened to any degree. There is nothing for Lahz to diffuse.
Lahz casts his gaze about rapidly, *What did Newguy say? Kingman Resort next door?* The Psi-Tech launches his ethereal form into the air flying directly up to the roof of the Spa to look around for either Spook, or for anyone that they may be chasing to employ Telekinesis: Super (50 ISP = 500 lbs, 900', 18.00 Min, RUE p.182). Simply put, if Lahz is able to locate a target of the Spooks, he will use TK to pick the fellow up (wedgie?), or trip him up, grab items off of the runner (wallet? helmet?), etc. to slow him up for the Spooks to catch.

APM:6
Initiative: 1d100 = 69: 69(oops) 1d20 = 15: 15
TK Strike (as appropriate, +3): 1d20+3 = 9: 6, 1d20+3 = 18: 15, 1d20+3 = 19: 16, 1d20+3 = 20: 17, 1d20+3 = 15: 12, 1d20+3 = 6: 3
Last edited by Lahz on Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lahz D'Gemmel
[ooc]ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))[/ooc]
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100 = 14: 14/46%
JIC: 1d20 = 15: 15/ 1d100 = 74: 74

Ronan wrote:"Spooks, there was a package I just intercepted at the gate for Ace that is likely an explosive; it has a poorly concealed detonator. Also we've got another unwelcomed sightseer scoping us out at the tower. I'm dropping the package into that pocket bag Deuce made me. Queen, I'm going to see if I can't pin down this rabbit before he is gone. I spotted him on top of the Kingman Resort next door."
"Top of the resort. Northblade on the way." Thank the damn void, I thought I'd never hear the end of Thorn's berating. I almost miss... No. No, this is better.

If he's able to catch a ride through Vheld's portal, he will. Otherwise, Northblade will run to the Klingmar Spa to meet up with Ronan's group. Using the extra speed gained through his exoskeleton, he'll leap up and use the adhesive pads to climb the walls until he reaches Ronan. "I'm here, where's the attackers?"
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20 = 3: 3, 1d100 = 88: 88
PER: 1d100 = 73: 73 vs. 79%

Impressions: 1d100 = 74: 74 vs. 68%
Images: 1d100 = 30: 30 vs. 60%
Present: 1d100 = 4: 4 vs. 50%
Skarrah object reading the grenade launcher.

Bakir bio-regeneration: 3d6 = 14: 4, 6, 4 MDC
Birga bio-regeneration: 4d6 = 16: 4, 2, 5, 5 MDC

Vheld is a little irritated that his quarry escaped. Fast enough that attacking the Haunt isn’t quite as stupid as it initially seemed. Curious. Aloud, he points to the grenade launcher and says ”Skarrah, do an object read of that. See if you can locate the last user’s current whereabouts.” Skarrah will do as instructed, kneeling down to touch the grenade launcher ((-10 ISP)). In the unlikely event that Skarrah retrieves actionable information, Vheld will direct her to pursue the assailant. Otherwise, Vheld will cram the grenade launcher into his dimensional pocket for Lahz to examine, and announce ”We’re leaving. Sil, get us over there.” With a growl, Sil returns to tangibility and activates her fly as the eagle talisman. Vheld mounts, and if Wayne has joined him by this point he will cast fly as the eagle on the cyber-knight as Sil takes off into the air ((-25 PPE, not deducted)). Skarrah shifts into the form of a raven and follows along as best she can. The trio makes their way for the roof of Klingmar, where Vheld’s other minions appear to be on the verge of causing an incident. Along the way, Vheld mutters a quick incantation for charismatic aura ((-10 PPE)).

With luck, Ronan has been able to keep things from escalating too much, although undoubtedly both demons are ready to tear the humans limb from limb with only Vheld’s standing order from doing harm to MercTown’s denizens standing in their way. As soon as Vheld is within shouting distance, he calls out to his minions ”Bakir! Birga! Stand down!” As he lands, he dismounts Sil and strides towards the security personnel, fully looking the part of the eldritch mage. ”Bakir, turn to mist and await further instructions. Birga, return to the Haunt and guard the premises.” Both minions comply, bio-regenerate a bit, and vanish from the scene.

It is only then that Vheld deigns to address the security guards. ”This is Spook Squad business. What do you idiots think you’re going to accomplish against a pair of demons. Go back inside before you hurt yourselves.” As he says all this, Vheld plays up his glamour, setting the charismatic aura to radiate Power/Fear (HF: 13). If that does not suffice to end the standoff, Vheld grinds his teeth and growls ”You are trying my patience. Two! Defuse this situation.” Vheld then points at whichever of the guards appears to be in command. Once the situation with security is resolved, Vheld suspects that the delay will be enough to ensure that their quarry escapes. But he will hop back on Sil and resume the pursuit afterwards just to be sure.
Last edited by Vheld on Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (33d remaining)
PPE: 314/329 (Vheld), 1100/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
Talismans: 3/3 on Vheld IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100 = 2: 2 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 3: 3, 1d100 = 33: 33

Tracking: Humanoid 1d100 = 95: 95, 1d100 = 9: 9, 1d100 = 82: 82 (98%)
Pilot: Hovercycle 1d100 = 13: 13 (98%)
detect ambush 1d100 = 49: 49 (98%) to make sure no one was going to attack her
detect concealment 1d100 = 97: 97 (63%) to make sure no one was going to attack her
Intelligence 1d100 = 30: 30 (85%) to try to figure out where someone would go leaving the roof of the Klingmar

Conditions:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare
Sustain – duration: 20 days
Tailing behind, Mierin revs up her hovercycle and guns in through the smoke only to encounter a hail of gunfire (luckily not directed at her). She is able to swerve to the side, taking a slightly different path toward Klingmar, but avoiding the shots directed at the demons.
Mierin frowns as she swerves,
He queues his radio; "Hey, Deuce. Your boys freaked out some of the local security and got shot up. Queen, Deuce. I don't have eyes on, I am rounding the corner of the Spa to try to cover their paths of escape." He informs Vheld and Mierin.
Mierin replies to Ronan over the radio. ”Copy that. I'm almost there now.” She shakes her head when she hears that Vheld's new minions were roaming the streets of Merctown. Why would Vheld think that was a good idea?

As Mierin approaches Klingmar, she keeps her eyes open, look up to the roof and looking all around. Mierin tries to spot anyone who might be trying to get away or trying to look like they were blending into the crowd on the street.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP:32/57
SDC: 24/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated) (DESTROYED)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 0/160 (DEPLETED)
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

Outside Klingmar (part 1):
[Ronan]
The wail of MercTown Defender sirens showcase the ultra-fast reaction time in New Paducah (especially for the wealthy elite). Four squad cars converge on the spa. Not eager to pummel his way through 'innocent' security forces, Ronan throws up his hands and tries to talk the shooters down.
Ronan wrote:"Woah! Woah! Woah! Boys, Cease Fire!"
There is another pair of stray shots that streak past the Arismal, but the weapons fire pauses in intensity.
Ronan wrote:"We're chasing a target that just dropped a package bomb at our building. These weird looking things behind me are backup! You had a sniper on your rooftop I'm trying to pin down. Catch the real threat."
"Bloody get yer head on straight, munchkin. Ain't be have'n DEMONS follow'n ya 'round. Send yer "backup" 'ome an' stay put. The Defenders'll say the same when they get 'ere." An older bodyguard with the look of grizzled authority responds. He gestures at the man to his left who busies himself on the radio. Ronan suspects they may have some manner of direct communication with the MercTown Defenders en route.

Given the choice, Ronan can either follow the bodyguard's instruction and await the Defenders, or carry on his chase (potentially with later legal ramifications). Whichever he chooses, at least people have stopped shooting.

To inform him on his decision a bit further, Ronan suspects that with each passing second, his quarry gets another opportunity to slip away into the crowd. And whereas elsewhere, a crowd may obediently wait for the authorities to arrive and sort the business out, here, the entitled elite are calling their hover vehicles and a train of departures is about to happen before the Defenders are even on-site (not to mention how difficult it may be to wrangle them once arrived).

Thanks to large sections being made of spotlessly cleaned glass, Ronan can see (aside from the fleeing elite) a mass of people are gathering on the opposite side of Klingmar. These people are dressed like the various 'help' staff and the Arismal surmises that with lack of a better option, they may be following some manner of fire escape or natural disaster protocol awaiting a headcount. Unfortunately, Hub foot traffic on that side of the building continues unabated and Ronan's hunch is that were he looking to escape undetected, he would melt away into that crowd and become a passerby.

[Mierin]
Mierin approaches Klingmar, observing what has unfolded, and is glad there is no more errant weapons fire. She quickly assesses that enough time has passed that their unwanted surveyor is likely among the crowd already. If they came prepared, they were likely already dressed to blend in or prepared for a quick wardrobe change.

Given that she was not part of the perceived demon assault, she is able to dismount and sneak into Klingmar largely unnoticed. Once inside, the throng of people are all clearly making their way toward the exits. If she continues to try to find her way to the roof, she will be obviously working against the tide and will almost certainly be spotted. Seeing the undulating throng of bodies, Mierin knows that were she trying to extract herself, she would not remain isolated at the roof, but take advantage of this exodus as cover for her escape. Unfortunately, there is scant information about the voyeur so it could be anyone in the crowd.

Doing a little mental roleplay, she envisions herself trying to extricate and concludes that she would likely make her way outside with everyone and sneak toward the outdoor market where there are even more opportunities to lose a tail.


Parking Garage [Vheld & Northblade]:
As Vheld's minions scour the top level of the parking structure, Northblade looks over the edge before then assessing the structure's layout. He can see that those that were inside the garage when the screaming and weapons fire began are starting to spill out onto the street. Likely the stairwell is a bit of a crowded mess based on the density and pace of individuals moving away from the structure. They are almost universally headed out of the structure in a direction away from the action. Many of them spilling into the open market that the parking garage feeds. Silently, the cyberknight counts the number of levels to the garage and estimates that unless the individual rappelled off the side (of which there is no evidence), or had some sort of extra-natural ability (flight, teleportation, intangibility), would most likely be hindered by the traffic jam in the main stairwell. The garage's elevator would be even slower.

Seeing the abandoned grenade launcher as an opportunity to bring Skarrah's keen psychic powers to bear, Vheld directs the Raksasha to read the object.

"I see images of battle, conflict and victory. In these images of battle, a skull-like insignia is prominent on both himself and those around him. All wear matte black armor, with several spike protrusions on the helmet and shoulders. At present, the former owner does not wear this armor, but is dressed in partial homespun armor and looks haphazardly like other mercenaries around him. Sunlight spilling on his face as he exits this parking structure." Skarrah quickly summarizes.

Vheld identifies this description as 'actionable' and commands Skarrah to pursue the lead while he prepares himself and others to go to Klingmar to diffuse the situation with his minions there. He helps Northblade with magical flight before infusing himself with a charismatic aura ((deduct -35 PPE)).

Skarrah metamorphs into a raven and descends down the side of the parking structure.

Outside Klingmar (part 2):
Vheld arrives on scene and brings his commanding presence to bear. His minions immediately stand down. Obediently, both demons do as commanded, one turning into mist and the other returning to the Haunt.

The Artifact Hunter then turns his attention to the security guards and speaks with a condescending tone, ramping up his magical aura to impose fear.
Vheld wrote:”This is Spook Squad business. What do you idiots think you’re going to accomplish against a pair of demons. Go back inside before you hurt yourselves.”
"Tsk," one of the security guards bristles in response, but none of them make any aggressive actions. In fact, by Ronan's diffusal, the weapons-fire had ended before Vheld arrived on scene. Like to others at Klingmar, Vheld will have to somehow sort out their quarry from the crowd if they are to continue pursuit. However, the impending arrival of the MercTown Defenders may complicate matters.

[Lahz]
After moving past the dummy explosive, it takes mere moments for Lahz to will his ethereal form over to the roof of Klingmar. The Spooks' quarry is long gone though, leaving behind only the grenade launcher used to shoot the smoke canister into the street.

Lahz is alone atop the roof, but he is met with a little bit of a conundrum. The dome has one access point on the near side to the Haunt. Since their quarry ran away from the Haunt, they must have used some unnatural manner to get down. It seems highly unlikely that someone could easily survive a jump from that height.
ImageImage
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ronan »

JiC: 1d100 = 73: 73 / 1d20 = 4: 4
Perception [34%]: 1d100 = 62: 62

Active Ability: Radar

Ronan raises a visible eyebrow at the man's thick accent and commands as though he were being ordered around by a kid. "Hey, guy, listen. There. Was. A. Sniper. On. Your. Roof. I'm not waiting for your cops to show up and let him get away. They want to talk to me, they can find me at that stone tower later." Ronan says, pointing at the Haunt, and before bounding off, looks as Vheld arrives.
Vheld the Dire Mage wrote:”This is Spook Squad business. What do you idiots think you’re going to accomplish against a pair of demons. Go back inside before you hurt yourselves.”
The [i]Muffin [/i]Guard wrote:"Tsk,"
"What he said." Ronan says as Vheld appears and drowns out any orders those muffin-guards may have said. Ronan continues off towards the clearing where he sees the passerby evacuating the building in hopes of catching someone. Probably in full armor. Well, shit. Half this damn city is in full armor or something. I swear, if catch this guy and I'm going to seal his mouth shut and hang him by his shoulders, then we'll see if they are happy they took the job of ambushing us. Ronan thinks, extremely aggravated at being targeted in a supposed place of refuge, he continues his pursuit.

As he is searching, his mind thinks back to those guards. I swear, if we lose these guys cause those trigger happy muffin guards held me up, I'll be back. He ponders how he could exact payment. He certainly wasn't used to being questioned back in the Fleet, nor shot at.

[Skills]
Radar
Interpreting Shapes [79%]: 1d100 = 19: 19 (Avoid passerby)
Estimating Distance [84%]: 1d100 = 77: 77 (Glean any movement from fast-moving peoples in the area; running)
Estimating Direction [84%]: 1d100 = 68: 68 (Glean any movement from fast-moving peoples in the area; running)
Estimating Speed [64%]: 1d100 = 42: 42 (Glean any movement from fast-moving peoples in the area; running)
Estimating Exact Location [74%]: 1d100 = 21: 21 (Glean any movement from fast-moving peoples in the area; running)

Detect Ambush [69%]: 1d100 = 69: 69 (Watch for more pop shots, ambush)
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Theron Wymond (PFRPG B) | Harbinger (Phase World: Void Reavers)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 446
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Lahz »

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 59: 59 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 18: 18
JiC D100: 1d100 = 74: 74

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Frustrated/on Edge, Curious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Marauder PA [for body], Astral Projection (89.00 Min)

ISP: 213/221

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 79: 79

With Telemechanics humming, the Psi-Tech looks/scans over the grenade launcher for make, model and to see if the device has been boobytrapped against a subsequent user [5' range, 0 ISP], if it is, Lahz will use TK:Super to disarm the device. As he does so frustrated and acerbic thoughts begin to float by, *Nice of the Defenders to let some grenade launchers through. Maybe I will send them a crate of weapons detectors as a thankyou gift for the training session.* Next he triggers See the Invisible (4 ISP, 240', 36.00 Min) to perform a scan and make sure the allegedly escaped assailant is not lying in wait somewhere up here. If nothing is located, the intangible Lahz drops through the floor and down to the ground to seize control of Ronan (or Vheld's) radio using, Telemechanic Mental Operation (12 ISP, 130', 9.00 Min), and transmit audio, "Abandoned grenade launcher on roof of spa. Package at HQ is a fake. No explosives. Thank the Defenders for agreeing to forward us any information obtained via inspection of local surveillance footage. Ace going back to Hangar."

*** IF an invisible straggler is hanging around, Lahz will maintain distance but use skills as appropriate to ID and track, and ideally either use Telekinesis: Super (50 ISP = 500 lbs, 900', 18.00 Min, RUE p.182) to pull something (Wallet? Helmet? Diary? ... Left Boot? Signed Confession with fingerprint and 3 witnesses?) off of them or Telemechanic Mental Operation (12 ISP, 130', 9.00 Min) to make a nearby camera grab a still image if possible.

Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy [Constant, 0 ISP, 900' to sense beings using magic or psionics, Psyscape Pg 30]
Tracking via Psychic Scent: 91%, 115% (if using magic): 1d100 = 64: 64, [Psyscape Pg 30]
Identify types of Paranormal Creatures 96%: 1d100 = 94: 94, [Psyscape Pg 30]

APM:6
Initiative: 1d20 = 14: 14
TK Strike (as appropriate, +3): 1d20+3 = 9: 6, 1d20+3 = 22: 19, 1d20+3 = 14: 11, 1d20+3 = 12: 9, 1d20+3 = 21: 18, 1d20+3 = 5: 2 -- Grab something
TK Parry (as appropriate, +4): 1d20+4 = 8: 4, 1d20+4 = 10: 6, 1d20+4 = 14: 10, 1d20+4 = 17: 13, 1d20+4 = 6: 2

**** IF Nothing, after warning others on radio Lahz will return to the Hangar at the Airport.
Lahz D'Gemmel
[ooc]ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))[/ooc]
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20 = 10: 10, 1d100 = 17: 17
PER: 1d100 = 53: 53 vs. 79%
Conditions
  • Charismatic Aura, R:UE P. 204, 27.25m remaining, PB +8.
Bakir bio-regeneration: 3d6 = 12: 2, 4, 6 MDC
Birga bio-regeneration: 4d6 = 19: 6, 6, 4, 3 MDC

Vheld listens to Skarrah’s description of her object read, and scowls at the inescapable conclusion. The Coalition. Wonderful. ”Find him and report back- to the Haunt if you can’t find me.” Then Vheld departs for rooftop with Northblade in tow. Once there, he sizes up the situation, and decides that it’s not worth antagonizing the Defenders. Frankly, his minions have been quite well restrained, and nobody has any proof that they’re demons. Vheld can’t help but be irritated by the delay, and bites back at the bodyguards ”You want us to stay, we’ll stay. It’s a shame your zeal for security didn’t extend to the rooftops five minutes earlier.” With a sigh, Vheld sits back on Sil and calls out ”One, go find Skarrah and help her search for our quarry. Use your empathy to search out anyone in the crowd who still feels the adrenaline rush of battle. Or failing that, anyone who’s trying to remain hidden but still worried about imminent death. Something like that. You get the idea.” He waves his hand vaguely.

At Lahz’s message, Vheld replies on the team frequency (totally unperturbed if Lahz used his radio to speak to the team). ”Lahz, you’re going to want to get the team together. This wasn’t some random attack or small-scale mercenary outfit- Skarrah got an object read off of the launcher that pretty convincingly points to Coalition involvement. Ronan and I have to stay here for now, the Defenders have been called and I think it best to resolve their concerns.”
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (33d remaining)
PPE: 314/329 (Vheld), 1100/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
Talismans: 3/3 on Vheld IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ronan »

[[Rolls Held]]

Ronan stops mid-jaunt and sighs at Vheld's message to the team. Great, security forces letting the real threat get away again. Well, the locals know best how to deal with them, so may as well follow their lead. Ronan resigns and remains with Vheld. "Got it, V. Standing by here. Ronan says, deferring to the local mage, unwilling to go against Vheld nor these Defenders with whom he's had minimal interactions with.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Theron Wymond (PFRPG B) | Harbinger (Phase World: Void Reavers)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
User avatar
Sir Thorn
NAC
Posts: 582
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:12 pm
Location: Group Leader: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Sir Thorn »

Perception [72%]: 1d100 = 12: 12
JiC D20: 1d20 = 9: 9
JiC D100: 1d100 = 100: 100

Conditions: Combat Awareness: Advanced (Receives = +2 Strike/Parry, +1 Dodge, All Tech Wielding Opponents = All tech based bonuses negated, -1 Attacks, & -2 to Dodge), Autododge v Tech, Cloud Sensors & Targetting (Cannot be accurately detected with Sensors), See Invisible [10.00 Min]

Thorn taps at the little earbud thing and watches as Northblade sprints off in search of someone to prove his superiority to in the hopes of salvaging his apparently-fragile human ego, *Well that's not fair Thorn, Mierin does not have one like the trumped up Bravo-knight. Well she does but she's a less of a prima-dona about it ... this kid must have been fawned over the way he struts. She has the confidence of experience. I wonder how he will do in an actual fight.* The Tokanii's cavernous mouth gapes open in a yawn as he pads up the stairs in just a training robe. Reaching the battlements the D-bee looks across the way over to the Spa, then at the Haunt's surroundings for any other signifiers that would suggest attempts at infiltration or to set up an ambush, *Wonder if this was all some attempt to get them out. Either to do an infiltration while they are on a chase, or to hit them during the return process when they are not expecting it.* A flexing of his fist pops knuckles with the sound of a 2x4 giving in to pressure and the Knight allows his eyes to adjust [See the Invisible (120ft, 10.00 Min, -4 ISP)], then begins to check the Haunt from top to bottom to make sure no guests are attempting a visit while the others are diverted.

Detect Ambush 85%: 1d100 = 32: 32
Tracking 80%: 1d100 = 14: 14
Intelligence 77%: 1d100 = 77: 77
Sir Thorn
Image
When All else fails put faith in a strong arm and 5 feet of sharp steel...
Stats
ISP: 101/101
PPE: 45/45
Personal MDC: 351/351

Constant Effects:
Personal HF 13, Nightvision (300ft), Combat Acrobatics (No penalty to strike when moving or off balance), Combat Awareness: Advanced (vs All Tech Wielding Opponents), Sustain [8 Days]

Weapons:
Battlefury Blade // 6D6 M.D. or 2d4*10 M.D. upon activation
[2] NE-10XL Plasma Cartridge Pistol // 1d4*10 M.D.
AR-M36 Rifle Mini-Missile Launcher // Based on Missile Type

Titan Plate Armor:
250/250 (Main Body) . 75/75 (FF)

Cyber Armor: [Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr]
Main Body/Chest MDC -- 80/80 ● Shoulders -- 15 || 15 ● Back -- 22 || 22 ● Forearms -- 17 || 17 ● Upper Leg -- 22 || 22

*** WR-12 Giant Ion Pistol // 2D6M.D. --- Compartment in Brimstone
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100 = 24: 24/46%
JIC: 1d20 = 16: 16/ 1d100 = 26: 26
Conditions
Fly As The Eagle
Cowards. Wayne looks around the top of the parking structure briefly for anything obvious that he might have missed. But when he hears the commands given by Vheld to One and Skarrah, he graciously accepts the magical flight from the mage and follows the two minions in their hunt for the perpetrators. Bastards think they can attack my new home? Destroy my chance at infamy? I think the fuck not.

As he follows the raven that is Skarrah, he keeps his eyes focused on anyone attempting to blend in with a crowd that looks even slightly militaristic. If he finds someone, he'll radio it in and keep a distance of 20 feet while waiting for backup.
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100 = 88: 88 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 9: 9, 1d100 = 32: 32

Tracking: Humanoid 1d100 = 64: 64, 1d100 = 64: 64, 1d100 = 30: 30 (98%)
Detect ambush 1d100 = 58: 58 (98%) to make sure no one was going to attack her
Detect concealment 1d100 = 91: 91 (63%) to make sure no one was going to attack her
Intelligence 1d100 = 65: 65 (85%) to try to figure out where someone would go once they reach the outdoor market
Prowl: 1d100 = 42: 42 (83%) to try to look like part of the crowd

Telepathy – ISP: 4, Duration: 10 minutes

Conditions:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare
Doing a little mental roleplay, she envisions herself trying to extricate and concludes that she would likely make her way outside with everyone and sneak toward the outdoor market where there are even more opportunities to lose a tail.
Following her instincts, Mierin heads outside with the others, not wanting to stand out by heading in the opposite direction as the rest of the crowd. Once she's outside, Mierin starts to head to the outdoor market, hoping she might be able to spot someone who was connected with the package that had been delivered to the Haunt. She realizes the chances of finding her target are slim, but figures she should try before heading back to the Spook's HQ. Mierin acts as if she is one of the fleeing crowd as she enters the outward market and looks around, trying to determine the best way to get out of the market that would let her flee the scene and, possibly, Merctown in general without being caught. As she look around, Mierin uses her telepathy to scan the minds of the people around her, hoping to pick something up if the person responsible was thinking about the Squad and the package that was just delivered.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP:32/57
SDC: 24/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated) (DESTROYED)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 0/160 (DEPLETED)
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

Outside Klingmar (Defenders on-site):
Upon arriving, all Defenders within the four squad cars disembark immediately. One Defender, dressed in a suit (rather than uniform) begins to immediately direct his compatriots. "Form a perimeter, don't let anyone out. We need them for questioning." He claps three times in rapid staccato, "Let's hustle and get this scene wrapped up tight." The other Defenders dutifully scurry to their tasks, some conferring with each other before deploying to avoid overlap.

The suited Defender presses a spot on his jaw and there is a slight whine of feedback from the patrol cars. Then, the suited Defender's voice rings loud and clear, piped through the vehicles' speakers. "Your attention please. My name is Detective Unslaug from MercTown Defenders Counterterrorism Unit (MT-DCU). You are all witnesses to the events that transgressed just now here at Klingmar Spa and Resort. We require your cooperation. Your cooperation will expedite how quickly we can sort this all out and everyone can be on their way. If you flee, we will treat you as a hostile, the action of attempting to escape being your admission of guilt. Stay put. Officers will be around shortly to take your statements."

[Ronan & Vheld]
Whether by accident or design, Detective Unslaug himself struts over to where Vheld and Ronan are. He casts a long glance at the shattered glass and off in the distance at the fading smoke, the canisters nearly exausted of their contents. "Alright," Unslaug opens as if expected a slew of finger-pointing in the face of damning evidence, "what happened here? What're your stories?"

If Vheld and/or Ronan take the initiative of getting their version of the story in first, they will see Unslaug only seemingly half-listening. During the descriptive monologue, he is examining the 'crime scene', at one point picking up a shard of glass appearing to examine its fracture pattern, and at another time picking up a sputtered smoke canister with an expensive-looking black fountain pen and dropping it into an evidence bag.

When it is time for the security detail to give their side of the story, the older grizzled bodyguard is first to respond, "Yea, we called it in. Spotted strange smoke out in da streets, so we tightened up 'round our primaries. Den we see dis muscled mook." He jerks a thumb in Ronan's direction. "He's comin' outta da smoke at full sprint an' right 'hind 'im dere are dese pair 'o demons. One firey look'n and da 'ther fly'n. So we think'n dat 'e gonna be demon food if we don't intervene. An' den da demon danger be right on our primaries. So we open'd up on dem demons. An' we ain't da 'nly ones. Bet da 'ther fellas upstairs be say'n da same. Ah can tell Frank's 'andiwork. Think the center-mass cluster on da smokey fly'n demon be 'is work." After gesturing away his own digression, the old bodyguard continues, "Den muscle mook 'ere said dem demons be 'is buddies! An' mystery man shows up through a magic portal an' told dem demons to back off. An' dey listened." The bodyguard seems a little less sure what to make of Vheld while describing his arrival, ending the descritor with a flurry of flustered hand gestures. "We be doin' our job 'o protect'n our primaries. Ain't 'nyone be say'n 'ny different."

[Mierin]
Mierin's training in wetwork pays sizable dividends. She matches pace and instantly melds with the fleeing crowd. Outside, some gather at the designated emergency location, but those individuals don't interest the brutal killer. Instead, she moves with the splinter crowd that is headed toward the open market. When the Defenders arrive, a few dozen (including Mierin) slip through the perimeter and are well into the market. She works hard to scan the surface thoughts of those around her. Her mostly gentle mental touch does not seem to draw any obvious attention.

Once amidst the chaos of the hawking vendors, Mierin notices the further fracturing of the escapees. Most break off into groups of two or three. Only a handful separate as individuals. Mierin decides to hone her telepathic efforts on the individuals and is rewarded with identifying a highly suspect individual.

Though his garb looks like much of the other 'help', Mierin notices some details out of place. His help uniform appears to be hastily put on and has too much bulk to it, suggesting additional clothing underneath. Sunglasses and a hat obscure his identity. And most poignently, when she reaches out for his surface thoughts, she is met with a steely barrier and a transformation of demeanor. As if sensing the attempted intrusion and now seeing himself as prey, he does a quick paranoid survey of his surroundings before power walking down one of the more dense alleyways formed by the hawkers' stalls. Not wanting to be immediately counter-surveyed, she doesn't take the bait. Instead of breaking out after him, she continues moving at your prior pace, but parallel with partially obscured line-of-sight. She follows at a distance, giving him ample rope to hang himself should he decide to return to his safe house.

A few turns of the open-market maze later, Mierin's pursuit is finally cut short. He heads down what looks like a dead-end alley. Three sides are blocked off by megacrete construction slabs stacked atop each other, creating megacrete Jenga-like pillars with no sizable gaps between them. Mierin's quarry walks up, and without breaking stride, through one of the stacks. When she goes to investigate herself, to determine if it was some manner of illusion, she finds the stacks to be quite substantially real.

((attachment includes image of path of the pursuit, ending in the "?" where the passage through solid megacrete was observed. Also apologies for the railroading here. I think the open-market logistics will be a nightmare and wanted to showcase one of their abilities.))

[Northblade]
Armed with magical flight, the fallen cyberknight follows the Raksasha demon Skarrah in raven form as she flies down toward their parking structure voyeur.

Skarrah the raven descends toward the mass of people exiting the parking structure. The raven finds a perch on a second story bit of railing before promptly disappearing. Northblade squints harder at the location where the raven was and wills the mental illusion away ((successful save vs psi as per JIC last round)). He then sees the raven descend to the ground and metamorph into a humanoid, looking very much like many of the mercenaries around.

Observing Skarrah, Northblade sees that Skarrah makes her way through the front door of Mercenary Plaza (19).

((Please indicate how you wish to make your entrance should you wish to continue following Skarrah.))

[Lahz]
Lahz passes on some intelligence via radio and returns to his body in the Hangar uneventfully. No magic is used that he can sense, nor is there any invisible straggler to follow.
Attachments
KSR_chase.jpg
KSR_chase.jpg (32.46 KiB) Viewed 3804 times
ImageImage
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20 = 15: 15, 1d100 = 31: 31
PER: 1d100 = 23: 23 vs. 79%
Conditions
  • Charismatic Aura, R:UE P. 204, 22.25m remaining, PB +8.
Bakir bio-regeneration: 3d6 = 10: 2, 3, 5 MDC
Aegis of No Retreat wrote:"Alright," Unslaug opens as if expected a slew of finger-pointing in the face of damning evidence, "what happened here? What're your stories?"
As he waits for the Defenders to arrive, Vheld grows increasingly frustrated that the least-annoying solution for the long-term is also the most-annoying solution in the short term. Oh well. No help for it- Skarrah and One are as well-suited to the pursuit as we are. With luck we can catch up with them later. Bracing himself for the ordeal that is to come, Vheld steps forward once the detective arrives- before either Ronan has a chance to open his mouth (to say nothing of the bodyguards), or his charismatic aura a chance to wear off (as he speaks, Vheld will tune it to convey friendship/trust). Say what you will about the shifter, but he was raised a True Atlantean and knows how to handle The Law. Vheld drops his normally irascible, withdrawn personality as easily as putting on a mask.

With a slight frown, Vheld steps forward and nods to the Unslaug. ”Good day, Detective Unslaug. My name is Vheld, and my associates and I are members of a mercenary company known as the Spook Squad. We are headquartered over there.” Vheld turns, and points towards the Haunt with his staff before turning back to Unslaug. ”Some minutes ago, we received a package that was made to look like an explosive device. At the same time, my colleague here spotted a sniper on this very rooftop, no doubt preparing to open fire. I prepared some” the shifter briefly clears his throat minor conjurations to detain this individual, but he escaped using some sort of smoke grenade. Unfortunately, those… people chose this moment to take their jobs seriously, barged up to the roof, and opened fire unprovoked.”

”Needless to say, I recognized immediately that this was all an unfortunate misunderstanding. I forbade my conjurations from retaliating, and as you can see they are all gone now. We will be happy to do the same once we have your leave.” Vheld will pursue a prompt departure as single-mindedly as anything else, but he knows he’ll only seem suspicious if he pushes too hard all at once. He’ll give the detective a chance to digest Vheld’s story and ask follow-up questions before continuing- but sooner or later, he will continue.

”Detective, I appreciate that you have a job to do. But as it happens, so do I- I have important business concerning the mage’s guild that I simply must return to. I don’t feel the need to press charges, and unless Klingmar’s owns the airspace as well as the building we haven’t so much as trespassed. If you are through with us, may we kindly be on our way?” Once they are cleared to leave Vheld nods to Ronan, hops on Sil, and descends back down to ground level posthaste. Vheld’s subsequent actions at that point will depend on what he hears from the rest of the team and/or how the hunt is going.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (33d remaining)
PPE: 314/329 (Vheld), 1100/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
Talismans: 3/3 on Vheld IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ronan »

JiC: 1d100 = 52: 52 / 1d20 = 16: 16
Perc [34%]: 1d100 = 34: 34

Active Ability: Radar

Ronan finds a wall or post and leans against it with a visible scowl as he awaits the Defenders arrival, goggles on and down. Well, not like I know this terrain all that well but none the less, this just goes to show; those who take matters into their own hands usually end up fucking it up. The soldier chastises the meek security force and the Defenders as they arrive. While waiting, he extends his radar-like perception, closing his eyes behind his goggles, just feeling out everything around him until he hears the Defenders arrive.
AoNR wrote:"Alright," Unslaug opens as if expected a slew of finger-pointing in the face of damning evidence, "what happened here? What're your stories?"
He moves to speak, then steps back as Vheld lays out the events that transpired and merely nods from behind the mage. When Vheld finishes his explanation, Ronan nods his head curtly. "I've got nothing to add. The sniper I spotted is likely long gone, so I'd say your lot should be on the watch for some bad actor as they may be back. Can we go about our business, now?" He reaffirms Vheld's request to leave.

When Vheld hops on Sil, Ronan offers a two-fingered half salute to the mage and makes his way on foot back to the Haunt. On his way to the Haunt, Ronan will look for the smoke canister that was lobbed towards them which should be dispersed by now, and grab it. Maybe someone at the Haunt can figure out who this belonged too.
Radar
  • Interpreting Shapes [79%]: 1d100 = 67: 67
    Estimating Distance [84%]: 1d100 = 79: 79
    Estimating Direction [84%]: 1d100 = 40: 40
    Estimating Speed [64%]: 1d100 = 22: 22
    Estimating exact location [74%]: 1d100 = 9: 9
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Theron Wymond (PFRPG B) | Harbinger (Phase World: Void Reavers)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100 = 20: 20 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 6: 6, 1d100 = 97: 97

Conditions:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare
Mierin scowls as the target she was pursuing effortlessly walks through one of the stacks of construction slabs. Cheater Mierin thinks to herself before sighing. In truth, if she could walk through concrete slabs, she would have. Of course, this most likely would have blown her cover, so perhaps it was better that she didn't. In the end, there wasn't much else she could do here, so Mierin heads back o where she left her hover cycle and heads back to the Haunt to see who else is around. Hopefully someone else had better luck than I did.

Reentering the Haunt, Mierin looks around to see if anyone else if there, heading to the kitchen to get herself a drink while she waits.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP:32/57
SDC: 24/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated) (DESTROYED)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 0/160 (DEPLETED)
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100 = 68: 68/46%
JIC: 1d20 = 2: 2/ 1d100 = 66: 66

Shit. The demon doesn't know that I'm with him. Time to play this cool. Sir Northblade keys the radio in his helmet. "Blackjack to Deuce and Queen, a little birdy has tracked the quarry to Mercenary Plaza. I'm going in."

Wayne lands and walks into Mercenary Plaza. He looks around the plaza for Skarrah, intending to keep the demon in line of vision at all times. Now, what led you here, I wonder...
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 446
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Lahz »

Lahz taps his radio, "Good news, be careful. Don't cause a problem. In transit to town, radio with updates."
Lahz D'Gemmel
[ooc]ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))[/ooc]
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

[Outside Klingmar]
Vheld's interaction with Detective Unslaug proves convincing. The Atlantean mage is able to lay out the situation in a compelling manner and respectfully request leave to tend to other things. Though his initial impression seemed an effort to project strength and authority, Detective Unslaug does not prove to be an unreasonable individual. He seems keenly perceptive of the litter of clues strewn about and takes but a few moments to conclude the veracity of the Atlanatean's description of what transgressed.

"A misunderstanding," Unslaug agrees, "though I hope you can also envision their perspective on the matter and would take action to protect their charges."

Looking around, he sees the merit in letting everyone be on their way and commands the Defenders, "For those wishing to leave, please allow them to do so. Do not let anyone return inside the building however. I'm confident the insurance adjusters will want to have a look before people spoil the scene."

Ronan, having nothing further to add to the conversation, takes a step back from prominence and uses his anonymity to snatch one of the smoke canisters. Despite heightened radar senses, the Arismal is unable to spot the 'sniper'. There are simply too many people buzzing about, too much clutter or noise to keenly identify anyone.

Frustrated by the seemingly supernatural feat of walking through solid material, Mierin returns to the Haunt empty-handed.

[Mercenary Plaza]
Wayne lands (somewhat prominently) and walks into the Plaza. The cyberknight is a bit surprised to spot Skarrah's humanoid form in the distance practically jogging her way through a crowd. Unfortunately, the many mercenaries that mill about the area are not particularly skittish and their gruff demeanor lends to resistance to being pushed rather than allowance of passage.

Northblade begins making his way in that direction and is met with a frustrated Skarrah that has been rebuffed at a packed elevator, clearly not having made it in time before the doors closed.

"I may have lost him," Skarrah admits to Wayne when he arrives. Staring at the numbered floor lights for the elevator, should the pair wait long enough, they will see numerous stops: floors 2, 4, 5, 6.
ImageImage
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ronan »

JiC: 1d100 = 99: 99 / 1d20 = 4: 4
Perception [34%]: 1d100 = 43: 43

Ronan snatches up the canister and takes it with him, prepared to let those with other resources see if its useful. Bastards know how to hid in a crowd, I'll give them that. He mentally gives them props for using their surroundings to evade the team. He'll head to the kitchen and see about making himself a strong drink, likely finding Mierin there.

"Slippery bastards. Used the crowd and commotion caused by those security guards at the Spa to disappear. So, apparently we're being scoped out. Not unlike forward recon I used to do in the fleet." Ronan says to Mierin while fixing himself a drink. "Blatantly firing smoke grenades in city limits is ballsy, I'm not sure if I'm impressed they got away with it, or disappointed none of the supposed security forces saw it." He ponders aloud.

He'll make a point to grab his FLC and keep it close should they need to depart quickly, throwing his Streetwolf jacket on top of it in the kitchen.

"Queen and Rook back at the Haunt." He'll radio, then glance to Mierin again. "Rook seems to have stuck." He says with a shrug.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Theron Wymond (PFRPG B) | Harbinger (Phase World: Void Reavers)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20 = 5: 5, 1d100 = 70: 70
PER: 1d100 = 94: 94 vs. 79%
Conditions
  • Charismatic Aura, R:UE P. 204, 20.0m remaining, PB +8.
Bakir bio-regeneration: 3d6 = 10: 3, 4, 3 MDC
Aegis of No Retreat wrote:"A misunderstanding," Unslaug agrees, "though I hope you can also envision their perspective on the matter and would take action to protect their charges."
Smooth as an oil slick, Vheld replies, ”Of course, detective. As I said, I have no intention of pressing charges- men of my vocation are sadly all-too-accustomed to that sort of thing. We must, what is the saying? Ah yes, ‘be the change we want to see in the world.’” Idiots.
Wayne Northblade wrote:"Blackjack to Deuce and Queen, a little birdy has tracked the quarry to Mercenary Plaza. I'm going in."
Cognizant of the Defenders’ continued presence in the area, Vheld nods as they’re dismissed, murmurs as quick ”Thank you.” before turning away and surreptitiously keying into his radio. ”Acknowledged. We’re on our way.” Wishing to spend no further time, Vheld mounts Sil and says ”Let’s go!” with an overly dramatic sweep of the arm that appears to encompass Ronan only, but passes by Vheld’s two invisible minions (or at least, where he thinks they are).

As Sil takes to the air again, Vheld flies towards Mercenary Plaza. He’ll hang back for now- the shifter is too late on the scene to be any help with a pursuit, and if his arrival is noticed it will only tip off their targets that the Spook Squad is still hunting them. If at any point he receives word that the pursuit has been lost, Vheld will turn Sil around and head back to the Haunt with minions in tow.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (33d remaining)
PPE: 314/329 (Vheld), 1100/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
Talismans: 3/3 on Vheld IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100 = 74: 74/46%
JIC: 1d20 = 3: 3/ 1d100 = 39: 39
Mercenary Plaza Floors
7-9: Merc Ops
6: Comitatus Security Group
5: Blackman Intelligence Resources
4: Wilk's/Air North America/Continental Mercenary Contract Services
3: Northern Gun/Wellington Industries
2: GAW/Larsen's Brigade/Maritime Protection Services
1: Megaversal Legion Special Services
"You take the second floor, I'll take the sixth. Work up, I'll head down. Radio if you have anything." Looking at the map for the plaza, Wayne thinks to himself Comitatus. Warband. Let's hope they are calmer than they sound. I can take a few out in an instant, but it's impolite to walk into someone's house and kill them for trying to kill you. Might ruffle a few capfeathers. Call that macaroni.

Wayne enters the elevator as soon as possible. When he does so, if it's just him and Skarrah present, he says "Five words or less, describe my quarry." When the elevator dings for Skarrah to exit, he stands impatiently and presses the button to close the door regardless of who may be waiting to enter. On his floor, he gets out and looks around for the person described by Skarrah.
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100 = 61: 61 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 4: 4, 1d100 = 60: 60

Telepathy – ISP: 4, Duration: 10 minutes

Conditions:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare
"Slippery bastards. Used the crowd and commotion caused by those security guards at the Spa to disappear. So, apparently we're being scoped out. Not unlike forward recon I used to do in the fleet." Ronan says to Mierin while fixing himself a drink. "Blatantly firing smoke grenades in city limits is ballsy, I'm not sure if I'm impressed they got away with it, or disappointed none of the supposed security forces saw it." He ponders aloud.
Mierin nods in greeting in Ronan and listens to his update. ”I saw – I was at the spa as well behind you and Deuce.” Mierin explains, ”I followed the crowd and ended up in the market. I found a potential suspect, but he got away.” Mierin looks mildly annoyed as she scowls. ”The suspect I was following has the ability to walk through solid concrete slabs. There was no way for me to follow since, at present time, I do not have that ability.”
Sir Northblade keys the radio in his helmet. "Blackjack to Deuce and Queen, a little birdy has tracked the quarry to Mercenary Plaza. I'm going in."
Mierin replies over the radio, ”Copy that. Queen standing by. Let me know if you need backup.” Mierin would go to Mercenary Plaza but figures it would draw too much attention if the entire team was at the plaza and would tip off the suspect. Northblade was new so he wouldn't be connected to the Squad right away. Looking over at Ronan, she explains, ”That was Northblade who, apparently, has decided his call sign is Blackjack. One of Deuce's minions is trailing a suspect. I'd go, but I think too much of the group in Mercenary Plaza will spook whoever they're following. ” Mierin smirks, ”I think Rook suits you.”
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP:32/57
SDC: 24/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated) (DESTROYED)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 0/160 (DEPLETED)
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ronan »

[Rolls Held]
Mierin wrote:”The suspect I was following has the ability to walk through solid concrete slabs. There was no way for me to follow since, at present time, I do not have that ability.”
Ronan does a double take at Mierin when she mentions that ability and lets his shoulders drop as he sets his drink down. "Wow, impressive ability. I had a former teammate with a similar ability. She could create portals through any sort of structure to get the team in and out. You're saying they just... walked through? Well. That'll make containing them harder." Ronan muses.
Mierin wrote:”That was Northblade who, apparently, has decided his call sign is Blackjack. One of Deuce's minions is trailing a suspect. I'd go, but I think too much of the group in Mercenary Plaza will spook whoever they're following. ”
Ronan nods. "I'm ready should they need us." Ronan says, nodding his head towards his stashed pile of gear nearby just in case they get called back out.
Mierin wrote:”I think Rook suits you.”
Ronan chuckles. "I'm certainly a rook to this world, to be sure. Besides, it'll make others underestimate me, and I do love surprising people." Ronan jests and forms a silver dagger out of nothing then lets it evaporate.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Theron Wymond (PFRPG B) | Harbinger (Phase World: Void Reavers)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

[The Haunt]
Ronan and Mierin return to the Haunt. They reflect on Klingmar and commiserate on the slippery nature of the recon team lost amidst the commotion. Then, catching a lighter break in discussion, fall to talking about newly designated callsigns.

"Well, did you bring back bodies for interrogation or autopsy?" Sir Thorn asks, his looming authoritative form interceding into the discussion. "I've been itching to do some 'bad cop'. Where are they?" the Tokanii cyberknight asks, the vibrations of his voice filled with a hint of anticipatory glee.

[Mercenary Plaza]
Temporarily flustered by the crowded elevator, Wayne quickly devises a plan and counters Skarrah's defeatism. He directs the Raksasha to start at a higher elevation and work its way down while the cyberknight will work his way up.

Wayne's request for descriptors is met with a pensive look, "Grizzled, athletic, brunette, bearded.... ghost." Skarrah replies, the last descriptor preceded by a pregnant pause long enough to make Wayne think only four adjectives would be provided. The look on Skarrah's face seems to be one of intrigue. Wayne can't help but think that their quarry may also be talented beyond skill alone.

The subsequent wait for the elevator to return is agonizing. The two of them watch as the numbers slowly tick up. Fate appears to be in a whimsical mood as the sister elevator is also on the ascent, having left with a full payload just prior. Despite the test of patience, activity around them does not cease. Like a buzzing hive, conversations abound, mercenaries of all stripes move about from place to place. Wayne feels glad for this as otherwise the space between him and Vheld's demon minion would be filled with awkward silence. It takes a full two minutes, but the sister elevator returns to the ground floor and the two are able to put Wayne's plan into action.

Within the Plaza, there are certainly common areas that are able to be explored freely, but it is clear that some of the corporate denizens are particular about who can gain entry. Skarrah leaves the elevator on the second floor and as the elevator doors close, Wayne sees the Raksasha go left, its head on a swivel.

For his part, Wayne begins his search on the sixth floor. Comitatus Security Group (CSG) dominates the space. However, as Wayne soon finds out, he does not have free reign to move within CSG. Should he ask to explore the interior of CSG, the cyberknight will be asked to wait in the waiting room until an associate frees up to discuss matters with him. If Wayne waits, it is another three minutes before someone comes to meet him and agrees to give him a tour. However, the tour is the standard one given to tourists, impressive, mostly for show and the cyberknight suspects he is missing the suites where the main activity is, away from prying eyes.

Should Wayne work his way down to the 5th floor, he is similarly stifled by an even more reclusive, Blackman Intelligence Resources (BIR), whose intelligence operations warrants an even higher internal security apparatus.

It is blatantly obvious to Wayne that if his quarry had any affiliation with any of the corporate denizens of the Mercenary Plaza, that they could easily disappear. Additionally, while he and Skarrah explore the floors, if their quarry decided to double-back, they could just as easily leave the Plaza among the bustling crowd.

Unfortunately, the task of finding their quarry seems to be akin to finding a particular needle in a multi-tiered compartmentalized tray filled with needles, some compartments under lock and key.
ImageImage
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20 = 20: 20, 1d100 = 91: 91
PER: 1d100 = 25: 25 vs. 79%
Conditions
  • Charismatic Aura, R:UE P. 204, 15.0m remaining, PB +8.
  • Mental protection tattoo, WB2 P. 91, 11.0m remaining, impervious to mind control and +3 to save vs. psychic attack.
Presumably after five minutes or so, Vheld arrives at Mercenary Plaza, riding Sil but with only invisible minions in tow. His first task will be to locate Northblade and Skarrah, and upon doing so he and Sil will land nearby and the shifter will murmur, ”Report.” Vheld’s disappointment at the fugitive’s escape is forgotten when/if either of them mentions intangibility. Vheld was trained in Tolkeen before the war, and has a decent familiarity with the various tools in the Coalition’s arsenal. Instantly, he claps his left hand to his neck and activates his mental protection tattoo ((-50 PPE)). Breathing slightly easier with the knowledge that whatever the presumed psi-net operative wants, it likely won’t involve reading Vheld’s mind, he growls ”We’re leaving. Now.” Vheld then shoos everyone back towards the Haunt. The operative gets lost in a crowd, while we stick out like sore thumbs trying to find him. The perfect setup for a little psychic eavesdropping- get us out of the Haunt, where line of sight is easy to establish.

Once they are away from Mercenary Plaza, Vheld will get on the team frequency. ”Ace, this is Deuce. Call a team meeting.” Vheld won’t say anything further until he returns to the Haunt (or is given a convincing reason to continue the hunt in the plaza), but once everyone is gathered and safe from prying eyes (and minds), he will say ”Alright, who pissed off the Coalition recently?”
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (33d remaining)
PPE: 314/329 (Vheld), 1100/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
Talismans: 3/3 on Vheld IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100 = 42: 42 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 12: 12, 1d100 = 13: 13

Telepathy – ISP: 4, Duration: 10 minutes

Conditions:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare
Ronan does a double take at Mierin when she mentions that ability and lets his shoulders drop as he sets his drink down. "Wow, impressive ability. I had a former teammate with a similar ability. She could create portals through any sort of structure to get the team in and out. You're saying they just... walked through? Well. That'll make containing them harder." Ronan muses.
Mierin nods. ”That definitely would be impressive. I wish I could do something like that. Would come in handy.” Mierin briefly reflects on the fact that, power wise, she was probably one of the weaker members of the Squad. She didn't have any magical abilities or major psionics. There was a part of her who marvelled that she had survived this long – more powerful team members had fallen during her time on the squad. Mierin pushes the thought away. The minute she started questioning her abilities guaranteed she wouldn't come back from the next mission. ”That does concern me – if they can walk through walls, how can we contain that?”
"Well, did you bring back bodies for interrogation or autopsy?" Sir Thorn asks, his looming authoritative form interceding into the discussion. "I've been itching to do some 'bad cop'. Where are they?" the Tokanii cyberknight asks, the vibrations of his voice filled with a hint of anticipatory glee.
Mierin looks over at Thorn and replies, ”No luck here. Was following a suspect in the market but they managed to give me the slip.” Mierin explains, ”They were able to walk through solid concrete slabs.” Mierin smirks. ”Besides, why do you get to be bad cop? I have a few interrogation techniques up my sleeve.”

Mierin nods in greeting as the other members of the Squad return to the Haunt. Seems like they didn't have any more luck than I did. Mierin thinks to herself.
Vheld wrote:he will say ”Alright, who pissed off the Coalition recently?”
Mierin raises an eyebrow at Vheld's question. ”I haven't had any run-ins with the Coalition lately. What makes you think they're behind this?” Taking a drink, Mierin asks, ”Didn't the Squad have a job that involved the Coalition awhile back when I went on hiatus? Could it have something to do with that?”
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP:32/57
SDC: 24/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated) (DESTROYED)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 0/160 (DEPLETED)
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ronan »

JiC: 1d100 = 76: 76 / 1d20 = 16: 16
Perc [29%]: 1d100 = 98: 98

Intelligence [69%]: 1d100 = 21: 21 (What he remembers about the Coalition from being told / researching)
Mierin wrote:”That does concern me – if they can walk through walls, how can we contain that?”
Ronan nods, in thought. Good question. He ponders for a moment before shrugging. "Excessive force. If we can't take them alive. I doubt that ability is one they can just use all the time. Perhaps it's a sort of technology?" He questions aloud, not expecting an answer.

Ronan is taken somewhat by surprise by the large alien creature and defers to Mierin to respond first. Listening to the two, the arismal can't help but smile. "Hey, me too. I used to lead the interrogation teams back in the fleet." Ronan adds after Mierin.

Ronan tips his glass to the others as they return to the Haunt. Well, well. Whomever these folks are gave everyone the slip. That's almost impressive.

When he hears Vheld over the radio, he refills his drink and follows Mierin and the others to the wherever this team meeting is being held.
”Alright, who pissed off the Coalition recently?”
Ronan glances around the room as Mierin answers. Following her up, he turns his head quizzically towards Vheld and Mierin. "The Coalition?" He questions and thinks on it a moment. Hmm, was that the group the others mentioned I should steer clear from? He ponders. His adrenaline winding down as he tries to think back on when it was initially explained to him. "Those anti-everybody else people? I've not run into them yet. Why would they be scoping us out, isn't that sort of dangerous for them in this city?" Ronan questions
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Theron Wymond (PFRPG B) | Harbinger (Phase World: Void Reavers)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
User avatar
Grimloq
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Grimloq »

Perception vs 31%: 1d100 = 14: 14
Thumper Perception vs 20%: 1d100 = 86: 86
JIC: 1d100 = 16: 16| 1d20 = 20: 20
Horsemanship:Cowboy vs 82%: 1d100 = 10: 10

Grimloq will ride up to the Haunt doors on Thumper, lean down to enter his personal code, and then ride into the Haunts courtyard. Giving Thumper full reign of the area, the Grackle-Tooth will head into the tower, looking for his team at the conference room where he had his recruitment meet & greet.
Vheld wrote:”Alright, who pissed off the Coalition recently?”
Grimloq will scowl at the mention of those assholes. ”Those uptight assholes are always mad at me for being me. I mean, killing skull boys is a sport, not really a hobby.” Grimloq grins. ”The Job I did for Mr. Fixer Jones’ friend right before I was hired here had me playing hired-gun for a supply run that broke through a CS blockade. We put down a few troops. Played hero to a starving town.” Grimloq shrugs. I don’t think there is much more worth mentioning. ”Ive done a lot of that; wrecking the CS’s stuff over the years.” I’m a 2 inch skink if this is CS looking for me. Right?
Ronan wrote:Ronan glances around the room as Mierin answers. Following her up, he turns his head quizzically towards Vheld and Mierin. "The Coalition?" He questions and thinks on it a moment. Hmm, was that the group the others mentioned I should steer clear from? He ponders. His adrenaline winding down as he tries to think back on when it was initially explained to him. "Those anti-everybody else people? I've not run into them yet. Why would they be scoping us out, isn't that sort of dangerous for them in this city?" Ronan questions
”It would be rather direct for anyone to conduct an operation like that in the city. Whomever they are, they now have a whole lot more people looking into their actions. I’m sure the MercTown Defenders will be doing their own investigations.” Grimloq agrees with Ronans assessment. ”On the other hand, they are some stupid, uptight assholes. I wouldn’t put it past them to do something as brazen as this.”

There is no reason to do what they did besides to draw attention. From everyone. That is stupid.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:30/130

Maverick Riding Armor DESTROYED
Hat: -/10
L. Arm: -/12 | R. Arm: -/12
Body: -/36
L. Leg: -/16 | R. Leg: -/16
Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 140/180
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 446
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Lahz »

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 33: 33 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 20: 20
JiC D100: 1d100 = 51: 51

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Frustrated/on Edge, Curious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA

ISP: 197/221 -36= 161

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 83: 83

In the back seat of the Road King gearing up in his light PA when he receives the radio message.
Vheld wrote:”Ace, this is Deuce. Call a team meeting.”
Lahz taps his radio live on the team frequency, "Ok, it sounds like things have come up pretty empty. Lets round table over lunch at HQ. Grim and Zzazz included, just make sure the Bots are on high alert. Button things up tight before you leave. Someone bring that fake bomb thing into the conference room without touching it, use TK or one of the Golems." He will head into town and have Ray drive him past Old Granddad's Pizza [78] on the way back and pick up a dozen pizzas before heading to the Haunt and straight for the conference room. About a block from home, the Psi-Tech triggers See the Invisible (-4 ISP, 240', 36.00 Min) to watch for any signs of hidden observers, he will continue this up until he gets into the conference room with the others.
Vheld wrote:”Alright, who pissed off the Coalition recently?”


Lahz walks over to the fake bomb to perform an in depth Object Read on the device musing, "My very existence upsets the Coalition, as does yours Vheld. I will try to see what I can learn from the item itself though."

The d-bee uses Telekinesis: Super (-10 ISP, 100lbs, 900', 18.00 Min, RUE p.182) to open the package and locate the most intricate part of the setup, then touches the device with 1 finger and concentrates for 2d6 = 7: 4, 3 minutes using Object Read (-10 ISP (extra +4 for attempt at current location of owner), Touch, Impressions: 72% 1d100 = 35: 35 (Success), Images: 64% -- EP Success, Present: 54% 1d100 = 74: 74 (Fail)). Whatever information Lahz is able to glean from the fake bomb, he utilizes his Drone Command Gauntlet's video screen, Total Recall (-2 ISP) and Telemechanic Mental Operation (-12 ISP, 130', 9.00 Min) to construct an image of the bomb builder or builders, and save it.

If (likely) successful, the Psi-Tech will pull the image up onscreen and turn to the others, "Does anyone recognize this person?"

Computer Operation 113%: 1d100 = 33: 33 --- Construct image of bomb builders

He then asks, "We didn't get that Grenade Launcher did we?"
Lahz D'Gemmel
[ooc]ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))[/ooc]
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100 = 3: 3/46%
JIC: 1d20 = 10: 10/ 1d100 = 63: 63

Mercenary Plaza:
"Thank you for the tour. Most impressive." Motherfucking slackjawed flooperfucker. I'm going to find and behead whoever did this to us. And I'm going to double decker your toilet, you absolute moron.

Having lost his quarry, Wayne waits in the plaza ground floor for Vheld's minion to arrive. "I lost him. Let's head home." Either flying (if he's still empowered) or running under his exoskeleton's power, Wayne heads home to the Haunt.

The Haunt:
Vheld wrote:”Alright, who pissed off the Coalition recently?”
Ronan wrote:"Those anti-everybody else people? "
Wayne shrugs. "I've pissed off a lot of people, but the Skullheads? Not on my list. I just got here. Probably little lizard man. And Rook, I think we might be the anti-everybody else people. Just sayin'. Skrrah and I dead-ended in Mercenary Plaza. They escaped via elevator. By the time we could get up to them, they blended in to the security of their office. Whichever one that might be."
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ronan »

[[Rolls Held]]
Grimlock wrote:”On the other hand, they are some stupid, uptight assholes. I wouldn’t put it past them to do something as brazen as this.”
Ronan nods with the giant lizard man. "Not to mention, firing a grenade launcher in city limits? Brochure I read pegged that as a really bad decision." Ronan states. Hate those damn security guys too, they almost met the receiving side of my fists.
Lahz wrote:"We didn't get that Grenade Launcher did we?"
Ronan places the the smoke canister on the table. "Not sure, but this canister was the first one fired so, not sure if you can glean anything off of it."
Northblade wrote:"I've pissed off a lot of people, but the Skullheads? Not on my list. I just got here. Probably little lizard man. And Rook, I think we might be the anti-everybody else people. Just sayin'. Skrrah and I dead-ended in Mercenary Plaza. They escaped via elevator. By the time we could get up to them, they blended in to the security of their office. Whichever one that might be."
Ronan shrugs. "Eh, I don't shoot at someone for no reason. They're either a target, pissed me off, or I'm being paid. Gotta figure these folks are the same." He rolls his neck and adds "Though I'm pretty anti whoever the hell these people are. They might've been scoping us out, future targets maybe or payback for Grim's actions earlier."
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Theron Wymond (PFRPG B) | Harbinger (Phase World: Void Reavers)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Mierin »

Perception: 1d100 = 68: 68 (82%)
JIC: 1d20 = 14: 14, 1d100 = 53: 53

Intelligence 1d100 = 75: 75 (85%), to try to think of a reason why the CS would target the group

Conditions:
Multi-Optic eyes
OOC Comments
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare
”It would be rather direct for anyone to conduct an operation like that in the city. Whomever they are, they now have a whole lot more people looking into their actions. I’m sure the MercTown Defenders will be doing their own investigations.” Grimloq agrees with Ronans assessment. ”On the other hand, they are some stupid, uptight assholes. I wouldn’t put it past them to do something as brazen as this.”
Mierin shrugs at Ronan. ”It would be foolhardy to launch this kind of investigation in Merctown. As others have pointed out, it just gets them noticed by too many and I'm sure they'd rather avoid such attention.” To Grimloq's point, Mierin replies ”While the CS can be stupid, uptight assholes, the CS wouldn't do anything like this without a damned good reason. It makes no sense for them to do this just for the fun of it. Something or someone pointed them in our direction. Maybe it's your last job and they followed you to our HQ and are investigating everyone here. Maybe it's something else.” Mierin falls quiet as she uses her past experience with the CS to try to figure out a plausible reason for why the CS would target the Squad.
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP:32/57
SDC: 24/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated) (DESTROYED)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 0/160 (DEPLETED)
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 446
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Lahz »

Lahz wrote:Perception [45%]: Original post: 1d100 = 33: 33 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 20: 20
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 51: 51

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Frustrated/on Edge, Curious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA

ISP: 197/221 -36= 161-24 = 137 ISP

Telemechanics [99%]: Original post: 1d100 = 83: 83

Ronan wrote:Ronan places the the smoke canister on the table. "Not sure, but this canister was the first one fired so, not sure if you can glean anything off of it." ... "Eh, I don't shoot at someone for no reason. They're either a target, pissed me off, or I'm being paid. Gotta figure these folks are the same." He rolls his neck and adds "Though I'm pretty anti whoever the hell these people are. They might've been scoping us out, future targets maybe or payback for Grim's actions earlier."
Lahz Telekinesis: Super(RUE p.182) to lift the smoke cannister from Ronan's palm and float it over to the table to repeat his psychic evaluation on that item as well:
  • Object Read (-10 ISP (extra +4 for attempt at current location of owner of Grenade Cannister), Touch, Impressions: 72% 1d100 = 54: 54(Success), Images: 64% - 1d100 = 15: 15(Success), Present: 54% 1d100 = 99: 99 (Fail)) after concentration for 2d6 = 8: 4, 4 Min.,
  • Total Recall (-2 ISP), and
  • Telemechanic Mental Operation (-12 ISP, 130', 9.00 Min) to construct an image of the grenade firer, and save it.
Computer Operation 113%: 1d100 = 39: 39 --- Construct image of grenade shooter from psychic remnants

If (likely) successful, the Psi-Tech will pull the image up onscreen and turn to the others, "Does anyone recognize this person? ... Honestly a fake bomb does not scream Coalition States to me. My experiences has been that they would not bother with a fake explosive because every breath we take is an 'abomination whose continuance threatens humans across the globe' ... that sort of thing. Even though, some of my best friends are human, and <<motions to Mierin>> ... I am fairly sure that Pizza will go down as your race's greatest invention."
Lahz D'Gemmel
[ooc]ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))[/ooc]
User avatar
Grimloq
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Grimloq »

Rolls Held

Grimloq will eye the image of the person Laz has displayed and attempt to identify him. So this is our stalker, huh? Not impressed. Maybe it was an initiation of some kind? I’ve known a few groups to put their recruits from some dangerous and sometimes stupid tasks to see if they are worth the snuff to join up.” Grimloq offers weakly. He pulls out his tobacco pouch to begin rolling a cigar.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:30/130

Maverick Riding Armor DESTROYED
Hat: -/10
L. Arm: -/12 | R. Arm: -/12
Body: -/36
L. Leg: -/16 | R. Leg: -/16
Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 140/180
User avatar
Mierin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Spook Squad - PC
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Mierin »

(rolls held over)

Conditions:
OOC Comments
Multi-Optic eyes
Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000 feet
Macro Lens: 2x to 20x magnification, range: 3 feet
Passive night vision: 2,000 feet
Thermal Imaging: 2,000 feet
Light Filters: Reduces glare

Mierin studies the image of the person (or people) after using his psychic abilities in an attempt to get more information. It's doubtful that she would be able to identify them but who knows. She had been in the CS at one point. There was a slim chance it could be someone she knew. If so, maybe she could use that to get more information. Mierin mentally shrugs and thinks to herself. Stranger things have happened.

Seeing Grimlock begin to roll a cigar, Mierin says politely ”Please don't smoke that in here.”
Mierin
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" House
"Heartless it may be, but headless it ain't. I've never claimed to be nice, just to be sensible." - Lords and Ladies


Stats & Stuff
ISP: 31/35
HP:32/57
SDC: 24/96

Constant Effects
Sixth Sense (2)

Weapon in hand: JA-12 Rifle 10/10 shots (standard e-clip) 30/30 (long e-clip); 4D6 MD (single shot), 1D6x10+10 MD (burst) or 3D6 MD (grenade)

CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Armor w/Installed Naruni Super-Heavy Forcefield (FF activated) (DESTROYED)
Helmet--70/70, Arms--60/60, Legs--80/80, Main Body--100/100
Force Field: 0/160 (DEPLETED)
User avatar
The Apothecary
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by The Apothecary »

The Spooks make it back to the Haunt unmolested. The conversation quickly moves from casual to why in the hell is the CS targeting the Spooks. Lahz is able to recreate the image of a young human male and generate his image on the screen. Tanned skin, Black hair, military short cut. Brown eyes. Lahz’s impressions are entertainment, joy at messing with non-humans, disappointment at loading a smoke round, but resolve in his duties. No one recognizes the person on the screen.

Grim pulls out his tobacco pouch and begins pulling out tobacco to roll a cigar. Grim jumps at Mierin’s sudden order to not smoke in the haunt. As he flinches he spills some of the tobacco. With it everyone present hears metal impact the floor as a data stick bounces away from the tobacco leaves. It slides to a stop in the middle of the group. There is a small light slowly blinking near the back.

The brief silence is broken as a voice issues from the data stick, “Hello. I am Beth. I am sorry to do this to you, but there was no other way. I had to get the data stick away from my village. The data stick you have contains information regarding the CS and their research of weapons originating from something called the Soul Forge. According to the report the weapon they have obtained from this Soul Forge has the ability to affect anything from a human to a vampire to the most powerful alien intelligences. Even though they won the war with Tolkeen they are still having difficulty with their goal of having Humanity on top over everything else. If the CS can figure out how to harness the power of these weapons they would be able to further their goals of Human supremacy. There are several scientific reports contained on the stick and the name of one of the scientists. They were last seen near Anderson, a town on the old Texas, New Mexico border. Their research camp should not be too far away from there. Good Luck...for all of us.”

What do you do?
"Death may be a small mercy for some. Others come to me for the cure. Temporary or permanent I have it all."

AGM For: AAPS/Spooks

PCs: Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR); Kieko (H4H); Hellhound (VR)

GM: Sum Of All Fears (MARS/Atlantis)

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ronan »

JiC: 1d100 = 48: 48 / 1d20 = 11: 11
Perception [29%]: 1d100 = 21: 21

Ronan glances at the metal data stick that spilled from the Tobacco pouch, then to the large lizard man. "Odd place to keep something like that." Ronan muses aloud, lifting up his goggles and looking at the alien lizard man then back at the datastick as it slide in the middle of everyone. Not at all odd. Next thing we know, it blows up. He thinks to himself humorously.
Trojan Horse of a Data Stick hidden in a Tobacco pouch wrote:“Hello. I am Beth. I am sorry to do this to you, but there was no other way. I had to get the data stick away from my village. The data stick you have contains information regarding the CS and their research of weapons originating from something called the Soul Forge. According to the report the weapon they have obtained from this Soul Forge has the ability to affect anything from a human to a vampire to the most powerful alien intelligences. Even though they won the war with Tolkeen they are still having difficulty with their goal of having Humanity on top over everything else. If the CS can figure out how to harness the power of these weapons they would be able to further their goals of Human supremacy. There are several scientific reports contained on the stick and the name of one of the scientists. They were last seen near Anderson, a town on the old Texas, New Mexico border. Their research camp should not be too far away from there. Good Luck...for all of us.”


Ronan listens to the unsolicited message that auto-played upon hitting the table. Human supremacists? Sounds not unlike the damned Atorians and their imperial conquest of the galaxy. Apparently self important pricks hiding their fear through supremacy is quite common. Ronan thinks during the message.

After it's done, Ronan looks towards Grim; then everyone else. "Wonder how long you've been holding onto that little gem. I'm not sure what half of that meant but supremacy is usually a bad thing no matter what planet you land on. Could well be a trap too; who's this Beth?" He asks Grim specifically then glances toward Mierin, Vheld and Lahz.

"This sound like something we should deal with? Doesn't seem like we can let it sit and it sorta fell in our laps; though taking on an army might be a bit much for some of us. How far away is texas anyways?" Ronan asks, obviously not referring to himself as he fondly remembers hot-drops into extremely dangerous situations back with his team.

Anthropology [44%]: 1d100 = 43: 43 (Cultures and Supremacy he is familiar with in his former home; more reinforcing his thought process than anything else)
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Theron Wymond (PFRPG B) | Harbinger (Phase World: Void Reavers)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
User avatar
Wayne Northblade
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Wayne Northblade »

Perception: 1d100 = 81: 81/46%
JIC: 1d20 = 12: 12/ 1d100 = 68: 68

The back and forth guessing as to what happened doesn't interest Wayne. Lahz's mental imagery starts to hook him. The clink of the metal across the floor and subsequent voice message gets Wayne's full attention. You let them sneak that... in your tobacco? That's a weak spot if I've ever seen one.

At the end of the message, Wayne says "Well, there's our Coalition tie. Anyone familiar with this Forge?" (Lore: Demons and Monsters - 1d100 = 59: 59/64% - Does Wayne know anything about the Soul Forge?)

He reaches down to pick the data stick up and hand it to Lahz. "Can you safely confirm that the data she mentioned is on there? I'd hate for this to be some ruse to get into our security systems or something. I'm not really what you'd call a computer's guy. Or a patience guy. Or a nice guy."
User avatar
Grimloq
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Grimloq »

Perception vs 31%: 1d100 = 14: 14
Thumper Perception vs 20%: 1d100 = 40: 40
JIC: 1d100 = 11: 11| 1d20 = 16: 16
Horsemanship:Cowboy vs 82%: 1d100 = 73: 73
Mierin wrote:Seeing Grimlock begin to roll a cigar, Mierin says politely ”Please don't smoke that in here.”
Grimloq nods at Meirin. ”Yeah yeah, the Boss already told me- don’t give the kid cancer.” The Grackle says in mock irritation. ”I wasn’t gunna smoke it here miss. Just something for the ride back to the hanger.”
The Apothecary wrote:Grim pulls out his tobacco pouch and begins pulling out tobacco to roll a cigar. Grim jumps at Mierin’s sudden order to not smoke in the haunt. As he flinches he spills some of the tobacco. With it everyone present hears metal impact the floor as a data stick bounces away from the tobacco leaves. It slides to a stop in the middle of the group. There is a small light slowly blinking near the back.

The brief silence is broken as a voice issues from the data stick, “Hello. I am Beth. I am sorry to do this to you, but there was no other way. I had to get the data stick away from my village. The data stick you have contains information regarding the CS and their research of weapons originating from something called the Soul Forge. According to the report the weapon they have obtained from this Soul Forge has the ability to affect anything from a human to a vampire to the most powerful alien intelligences. Even though they won the war with Tolkeen they are still having difficulty with their goal of having Humanity on top over everything else. If the CS can figure out how to harness the power of these weapons they would be able to further their goals of Human supremacy. There are several scientific reports contained on the stick and the name of one of the scientists. They were last seen near Anderson, a town on the old Texas, New Mexico border. Their research camp should not be too far away from there. Good Luck...for all of us.”
Grimloqs grumpiness about being called out is lost as the blinking piece of tech falls out of his tobacco pouch. Im a fucking skink. Grimloq immediately assumes the blinking light to indicate it is a tracker of some sort. His paranoia evaporates as the familiar voice fills the air.
Ronan wrote:Ronan glances at the metal data stick that spilled from the Tobacco pouch, then to the large lizard man. "Odd place to keep something like that." Ronan muses aloud, lifting up his goggles and looking at the alien lizard man then back at the datastick as it slide in the middle of everyone.
”Here I was thinking the old lady was just being kind for getting her some food. Bitch was using me as a mule.”
Ronan wrote:After it's done, Ronan looks towards Grim; then everyone else. "Wonder how long you've been holding onto that little gem. I'm not sure what half of that meant but supremacy is usually a bad thing no matter what planet you land on. Could well be a trap too; who's this Beth?" He asks Grim specifically then glances toward Mierin, Vheld and Lahz.
”That lady talking is the one who gave me this bag; on the job I ran the CS just before joining up with the Spooks.”
Ronan wrote:"This sound like something we should deal with? Doesn't seem like we can let it sit and it sorta fell in our laps; though taking on an army might be a bit much for some of us. How far away is texas anyways?" Ronan asks, obviously not referring to himself as he fondly remembers hot-drops into extremely dangerous situations back with his team.
Grimloq shrugs, eyeing the device with suspicion. ”Someone would probably pay a lot of money for some secret CS tech like this. Fuck giving it back to them. The old bitch gets her way- I doubt I would deal for this chip if they had asked nicely.”
Wayne Northblade wrote:At the end of the message, Wayne says "Well, there's our Coalition tie. Anyone familiar with this Forge?" (Lore: Demons and Monsters - Original post: 1d100 = 59: 59/64% - Does Wayne know anything about the Soul Forge?)

He reaches down to pick the data stick up and hand it to Lahz. "Can you safely confirm that the data she mentioned is on there? I'd hate for this to be some ruse to get into our security systems or something. I'm not really what you'd call a computer's guy. Or a patience guy. Or a nice guy."
”Soul Forge sounds like magical mumbo jumbo to me.” Grimloq offers; as tech savvy as he is literate in the arcane. ”This still doesn’t tell us why the Haunt was targeted. I have been at the hanger for days now. A much less risky target.” He pauses. ”That girl who arrived here with me, Connie? I wonder if she has been targeted.” Grimloq adds emotionlessly.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:30/130

Maverick Riding Armor DESTROYED
Hat: -/10
L. Arm: -/12 | R. Arm: -/12
Body: -/36
L. Leg: -/16 | R. Leg: -/16
Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 140/180
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Vheld »

JIC: 1d20 = 12: 12, 1d100 = 47: 47
PER: 1d100 = 96: 96 vs. 79%
Conditions
  • Charismatic Aura, R:UE P. 204, 15.0m remaining, PB +8.
  • Mental protection tattoo, WB2 P. 91, 11.0m remaining, impervious to mind control and +3 to save vs. psychic attack.
Lore: Psionics- 1d100 = 7: 7 vs. 99%
To recall vulnerabilities of psi-ghosts.
Lore: Demons and Monsters- 1d100 = 95: 95 vs. 104%
Lore: Magic- 1d100 = 42: 42 vs. 99%
Lore: Faeries and Creatures of Magic- 1d100 = 18: 18 vs. 99%
To recall what Vheld knows about Soul Forges
Mierin wrote:”That does concern me – if they can walk through walls, how can we contain that?”
Vheld thinks for a moment. "Psionics, and some magic, are our best option. They are also vulnerable to gasses, and if memory serves electricity can still hurt them while intangible." Vheld instinctively clutches his staff as he says this.

The shifter listens to the rest of the discussion in silence. The others are right. The Coalition would not operate in MercTown without a damn good reason to justify the risk. It's not enough just to take out someone like myself or Lahz, even if that was their objective.
Ronan wrote:"Wonder how long you've been holding onto that little gem. I'm not sure what half of that meant but supremacy is usually a bad thing no matter what planet you land on. Could well be a trap too; who's this Beth?" He asks Grim specifically then glances toward Mierin, Vheld and Lahz.
Vheld perks up when the message mentions a soul forge, and he leans forward eagerly in his seat. At Ronan's question he shrugs, but then Grimloq answers it.

"Soul Forging is a forbidden magic. Victims are sacrificed in it, and then their life forces are used to empower powerful weapons and armor. Leaving aside the implications for geopolitics if the Coalition gets their hands on something like this, anyone who goes from being a loyal Coalition officer to experimenting with dark magicks of this sort is likely deranged, or soon to be there. It might be worth checking out, to make sure this Soul Forge stays out of Coalition hands." And makes it into mine.
Leave me alone.
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (33d remaining)
PPE: 314/329 (Vheld), 1100/1100 (Energy sphere), 83/83 (Sil). ISP: 90/90 (Medallion), 500/500 (Skarrah). MDC: 1200/1200 (Bakir), 187/187 (Birga).
Talismans: 3/3 on Vheld IA
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ronan »

[Rolls Held]
Northblade wrote:"Can you safely confirm that the data she mentioned is on there? I'd hate for this to be some ruse to get into our security systems or something. I'm not really what you'd call a computer's guy. Or a patience guy. Or a nice guy."
He glances to Northblade with a half-cocked smile. We need to get him a pet. He muses to himself, before the thought trails in his head. What sort of pets does this world have? The fleet didn't have much room or allotment for them. He ponders.

He then listens to Grim rant and rave about being used as a mule before mentioning Connie. "Good point, there was that weird one with you that went to the hospital? Eh, not really our problem, to be fair, though."
Vheld wrote:"Soul Forging is a forbidden magic. Victims are sacrificed in it, and then their life forces are used to empower powerful weapons and armor. Leaving aside the implications for geopolitics if the Coalition gets their hands on something like this, anyone who goes from being a loyal Coalition officer to experimenting with dark magicks of this sort is likely deranged, or soon to be there. It might be worth checking out, to make sure this Soul Forge stays out of Coalition hands."
Ronan nods at the description. Great, new rules. He thinks sarcastically. "Well, I'm down for a Coalition beat down. They already got on my bad side and I'm new." Ronan states, affirming his willingness to hunt down this thing and beat anyone in his way.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Theron Wymond (PFRPG B) | Harbinger (Phase World: Void Reavers)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 446
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Lahz »

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 48: 48 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 20: 20
JiC D100: 1d100 = 48: 48

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Frustrated/on Edge, Curious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA

ISP: 137/221 ISP

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 5: 5

[hr][/hr]

OOC: GM Please remember Lahz's psychic info on Bomb-Maker as well.

Lahz listens to the Atlantean's summary of Soul Forging as well as the accompanying reactions for several moments, "Soul Forging, or Soul Forgery? ... It sounds bad with the sacrificing, and the killing blah blah blah, but this whole damn world is a series of competing powers paralyzed by the dogmatic desire to eradicate or subjugate everyone else. The Rifts seem to imbue anyone who has a mild amount of power with an allergy to even trying to get along ... the Coalition could not abide Tolkeen, Lazlo, hates Dwoemer ... cannot even cooperate with others on Atlantis." The Psi-Tech looks over at Roanan, "Bunch of lunatic magic aliens with big tentacles, and a thing for slavery that want to grab control of the world ... I do not think they have come up yet ... Anyways the Coalition cannot stand anyone, but they have been absolute on their no-magic policy. They think magic is a gateway drug to evil, which is funny from a bunch of jackbooted thugs who I have seen stomp infants to death."

The fellow looks unconvinced as he places the two images from the 'CS' attack in a side-by-side holographic array to study and waves to Ray, "Take a chip with 40,000 Credits over to The Electronics Warehouse" --- Merctown Book Pg 56, # 74 on Map --- "Buy a clean new computer, portable, holographic ... don't spend more than 25,000 credits without checking back on price."

[*] Laser Holographic Portable Computer (Triax LHP-1000): 20,000 Credits, GMG Pg 184.

He then turns back to the others, "We don't plug anything foreign in to a networked computer unless we have to. Really it should be a policy. I have a stack of new very high end ones down in the workshop but if there were an embedded virus, or pre-programmed ID signal or something ... really just a precaution." While they wait, Lahz uses Telemechanics on the Datastick without plugging it in since (if it was blinking) it has some form of internal power, to see if it has a microphone, transmission capabilities, or what he is able to learn. "Preventing the Coalition from getting hold of the Soul-Forging process isn't exactly a job Rook. It is a freaking crusade against millions of brainwashed zealots. Go in and take away their new toy? If it's information, then you have to just hope they don't have a copy somewhere. If there's an actual tool, then what destroy it? Just hope they never find out who took it? This isn't a charity. If we took it and sold it well then we just gave someone else the ability to become a world power and the CS probably just finds out and takes it from them. The whole thing feels like something we should send over to Sir Thorn's pal Sir Ronin? Sir Ronith? ... You know, the nice guy. We can send it with a basket of muffins and a note that says 'We're building a badass team ship at the moment and cannot fit this into our schedule, love & kissez the Spooks.' The 'we don't want the Coalition to get their hands on this' argument feels like one you make to ... I dunno Dweomer. Gets someone to pay for the task of removal."

Lahz is not wholly convinced either way but his skepticism is healthy and he wants to raise the potential concerns to the others.

*** Once Ray returns with a new computer Lahz will unbox it, disable any wireless transmission capabilities, and then plug in the datastick.
Lahz D'Gemmel
[ooc]ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))[/ooc]
User avatar
Ronan
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Ronan »

"Preventing the Coalition from getting hold of the Soul-Forging process isn't exactly a job Rook. It is a freaking crusade against millions of brainwashed zealots. Go in and take away their new toy? If it's information, then you have to just hope they don't have a copy somewhere. If there's an actual tool, then what destroy it? Just hope they never find out who took it? This isn't a charity. If we took it and sold it well then we just gave someone else the ability to become a world power and the CS probably just finds out and takes it from them. The whole thing feels like something we should send over to Sir Thorn's pal Sir Ronin? Sir Ronith? ... You know, the nice guy. We can send it with a basket of muffins and a note that says 'We're building a badass team ship at the moment and cannot fit this into our schedule, love & kissez the Spooks.' The 'we don't want the Coalition to get their hands on this' argument feels like one you make to ... I dunno Dweomer. Gets someone to pay for the task of removal."
Ronan shrugs and leans back in his chair, taking a drink from his near-empty glass. "Sounds like an Atorian Drop mission to be honest. I don't suppose I was being paid for those either, but that was the that basic idea. Millions of crazed lunatics bent on galactic domination." Ronan says with a practiced apathy, forgoing any direct conflict his kind has had with them, nor the fate of his people. He was a soldier; his job was to protect his allies and destroy his enemies, so long as the lines didn't blur too much he never made a habit of asking too many questions.

"Besides that, nothing says we have to fight the army of wackos as a whole. You've all done raids before, right? Quick, get in, beat 'em down, take out the target, get the hell out before reinforcements show up. Throw a party afterwards involving alcohol and no inhibitions." Ronan says casually. "Make 'em think someone else did it. Can't speak to the number of times we used random ships for our drop missions to confuse our targets." He adds, remembering a time they used a commercial ship with no registry on a raid, and left it there just to confound the atorians. My team was one of the few that hit Atorian targets more often than not cause we could. Bastards. He thinks, finishing his drink.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Ronan Deshe | EP Ledger | Other PCs: Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Theron Wymond (PFRPG B) | Harbinger (Phase World: Void Reavers)
Constant Stats and Supers
Skadoosh
M.D.C.: 321/321 (516 w/ MES)
Active Abilities:
Invulnerability: Invuln to: All Energy Damage Types (to include magic energy), Bullets, punches, falls, etc. | SN Melee does Half-DMG | Gases/Radiation/Drugs: Half-effective | Regen 1d6x10 MDC per min | Hold Breath for 12 minutes | Survive 80 days without food
Supernatural SN: Fatigues 1/10th normal rate.
Fleshworks: Sense Health of Flesh Active: Will declare in post if being used | Range: 15ft away LOS | No cost | Undetectable | Determine general flesh health of another being. | Reveals D-Bee, Human, Mutant and if suffering sick/diseased flesh | Reveals if little or many HP/SDC/MDC and if any magic/psionic/super effect is currently affecting the subject physically, though cannot identify.

Active Gear:
Worn: Streetwolf MDC Biker Jacker: [12 M.D.C.] | Streetwolf Combat Pants: [8 M.D.C.] | Naruni Heavy Force Field [110 M.D.C.]
Carried: Will Declare but most likely KLS
Carried [Secured in Dimensional Bag]: [TW Lightblade] || DMG: 1d6*10 (2d6*10 vs Supernatural Creature) || Modifiers: +1 Strike || Features: Fueled by wielder's H/S/M.D.C | Skorblade Short Blade

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 45% [49%]
Toxins (15+): +3
Magic (varies): +3 [+5]
Lethal Poison (14+): +3 [+5]
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3 [+5]
Insanity (12+): +0
Psionics (15+): +0
Horror Factor (varies): +2
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 446
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Lahz »

*** ROLLS CARRIED FORWARD
Ronan wrote:Ronan shrugs and leans back in his chair, taking a drink from his near-empty glass. "Sounds like an Atorian Drop mission to be honest. I don't suppose I was being paid for those either, but that was the that basic idea. Millions of crazed lunatics bent on galactic domination." Ronan says with a practiced apathy, forgoing any direct conflict his kind has had with them, nor the fate of his people ... "Besides that, nothing says we have to fight the army of wackos as a whole. You've all done raids before, right? Quick, get in, beat 'em down, take out the target, get the hell out before reinforcements show up. Throw a party afterwards involving alcohol and no inhibitions." Ronan says casually. "Make 'em think someone else did it. Can't speak to the number of times we used random ships for our drop missions to confuse our targets."
Lahz listens to Rook's musings, they are kind of clearly those of someone used to alot more material support and he responds, "I don't know the Atorians, but it sounds like when you were 'deployed' on missions with random ships to use as decoys and throw someone off the trail of your covert attacks you had alot of resources to commit, y'know like extra ships ... which we don't have and that it would not really make that much sense to pay for. Minimal personnel is all well and good especially if you can walk away from a Missile-Strike with nothing but annoyance, but if you were found out you had an army to back you, right? If we are found out, we don't."

*I am the only one who rides out of this place with something to come home to; but I try to make sure that the Spooks' missions do not inherently carry blowback. Sh^t, maybe I should just give up the Merc-life again. Go back to living simple somewhere as an Operator. It might be the only way to keep Aurelia and Kaiya safe ... though everyone else seems to be focusing on the Datastick thing and I keep wanting to go back to the Fake-Bomb and Grenade launcher and the nagging desperate desire to go peel those F_&%$^ing people alive in retribution ... I don't really know anything about Mierin's family or Vheld's, or really any of the team. But for me the Haunt's security is sacrosanct, and the other thing with a Datastick is a weird red herring until I can scratch the itch or resolving home-security.*

The Elf runs a hand through his hair as his eyes drift back to the holoprojection of the grenade-shooter, "I am not against preventing the Coalition from having new and horrific ways to torture and kill folks ... but I like to know what sort of resources we are sinking in before we take up the task, not a job because no one's paying us, of stealing something that will for all intents and purposes be frakking radioactive in the extreme ..." The Elf waits for Ray to get back with a computer that will let them play the stick thing, and maybe shed a bit more light.
Lahz D'Gemmel
[ooc]ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))[/ooc]
User avatar
Zzazz
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:26 am

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Zzazz »

Perception: 1d100 = 46: 46 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 11: 11 / 1d100 = 17: 17
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 6: 4
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 110 / 110 at end of post
- ISP: 158 / 158
Sixth Sense (always on / +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind / 1st round only)
Sense Supernatural Evil (Automatic / Range: 340 ft / 50% = 1d100 = 92: 92 )

Skills -
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 35% / 1d100 = 42: 42 - friendly smile


Post
Zzazz rides Slithe and heads to the Haunt. ”Wonder what's going on? We have spent too much time learning and exploring. Let's move, brother. We are already late.” He nudges slithe into a slight trot. Pulling up to the gates makes Zzazz chuckle. ’Remember the last time we were here? First we followed that daft spirit. Now we are invited as a team member, and I am LATE!!” Zzazz uses the buzzer. ”Sorry i am late. Can someone let me in?”

After being let in, Zzazz makes sure that Slithe is set up and comfortable. Once done, he heads to the room where the meeting is being held. He makes eye contact with Lahz before giving a nod and finding a chair, then he sits quietly.

’okay, so i am here and listening. What is a soul forge? Why does the CS want it?” As he listens more, he learns the basics of what the situation is. ”I know i am the new guy, but what about guerilla tactics?? My tribesman do it all the time. What do you call it?? Hit and Run?? I like this idea. We hit them and run for a bit, then turn back and fight again. If they follow, it is usually a small group. At least in my experience.” He sits and listens to the responses if any.
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

[Earlier - Object Read Results]
Lahz settles on the faux explosive device, manipulating it with telekinesis and delving into its origins via psychometry.
  • Impressions:
    • General alignment of last owner: Evil
    • General Emotional State: Focused
    • Object's general purpose: Misdirection, distraction, decoy.
    • Last owner is living.
    • Item has not been used with/by magic or supernatural forces.
    • Item is not currently enchanted or contains a supernatural force/entity.
  • Images (EP crit):
    • Amidst an overcast sky, seven individuals all clad in spiked armor with a skull motif stand at attention. Opposite them, their commanding officer, similarly clad, but sporting an elaborate ponytail atop their helm, whipping in the brisk wind, addresses them.

      "Remember your craft. Survey, locate and confirm the target. Then capture or destroy the target. If any of us are caught, we will be disavowed. So... don't get caught gentlemen. Let's watch each others' backs."

      The image melts and fades into another scene taking place in a dimly lit backroom. A single flickering candle illuminating a piece of paper being read by a long blonde-haired woman with a inverted tear-drop shaped face, pleasantly symmetric, marred only with a small scar just beneath her left ear. "Frak," she mutters aloud, "No way around it. If the target is inside the Haunt, start setting up surveillance on the Spook Squad. Remember though, this is an elite and cut-throat mercenary group. Apply counter-tactics for technology, magic, psionics and supernatural. Tread carefully, but let's get eyeballs on these guys. I want to know their habits. If they take a piss, I want to know when, where, how often, and which hand they shake with. Understood?" A moment passes as someone in the darkness acknowledges.

      Yet another scene reveals itself. This one comes in very clearly. Whereas the other two may have been gingerly picked from the ether, this one seems almost intentionally affixed to the object.

      A rugged, athletic and grizzled man with medium-cut brown hair that concludes on his chin in the form of a neatly trimmed beard clears his throat as he adjusts the partially-assembled package before him. "Let's see..." the man states with just a hint of too much anunciation, "the weight can be balanced by the presence of a pair of metal inert gas bottles, taped to the main controller unit." He grabs additional parts and continues the assembly of the package, narrating his actions like an amateur actor recording his first public service announcement. It is clear that most of the contents of the package are non-threatening and don't belong in an explosive device. However, within the details, Lahz is able to pick out that the actual pieces of demolition equipment (trip sensor, blasting cap hooked up to nothing) involved, are military grade.

      The man completes the construction and leans back, seemingly admiring his handiwork, "That should do it. Perfect combination of suspicious-looking and homemade." He puts the finishing touches, labeling the package for courier delivery. In the background, the room the man is in is fairly spartan. However, its windows are unobstructed. Based on the light streaming in from above, it may be concluded that the package assembly happened midday. The room is likely somewhere between second and fourth story. The buildings across the alleyway are somewhat taller, but not overwhelmingly so. Given the run-down nature of the exteriors of the buildings across the way, Lahz can also guess that the room must have been located in the Warrens.
  • Present: Unfortunately, Lahz's attempt to glean information about the present is met with no sense or information.
Acting quickly, Lahz commits his mental images to digital capture via the computer embedded in his Drone Command Gauntlet. A quick glance down confirms <image saved> messages.

A little bit later, Lahz settles in for the object read on the grenade canister.
  • Impressions:
    • General alignment of last owner: Selfish
    • General Emotional State: Professional
    • Object's general purpose: Escape
    • Last owner is living.
    • Item has not been used with/by magic or supernatural forces.
    • Item is not currently enchanted or contains a supernatural force/entity.
  • Images:
    • An image coalesces around someone dressed in a generic EBA (perhaps Peacekeeper, Bushman, or some other mass-produced suit) waiting atop Klingmar. There is no sound in this vision. He seems keenly observing the road between the Haunt and Klingmar, but hidden behind a cupola. In the background, it seems as though there is no obvious way to get up onto the rooftop without a long ladder, hidden stairwell, or some other unnatural means.

      Some manner of signal, likely something on his comms, gives him the green light to action. He moves quickly, appears out from behind the cupola, and launches the single smoke canister. After launching his payload, the individual seems to wait a moment, perhaps for some manner of acknowledgement before initiating their escape. The grenade launcher blinks empty even as he discards it just behind the cupola, and he scurries down the roofline.
  • Present: Unfortunately, Lahz's attempt to glean information about the present is met with no sense or information.
ImageImage
User avatar
Grimloq
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Grimloq »

Perception vs 31%: 1d100 = 18: 18
Thumper Perception vs 20%: 1d100 = 4: 4
JIC: 1d100 = 97: 97| 1d20 = 18: 18
Horsemanship:Cowboy vs 82%: 1d100 = 63: 63

Grimloq finishes making his cigar and slides it into a free loop on his harness, before beginning to roll another. He growls softly to himself, clearly upset at being used as a mule without his permission. ”Maybe we should find someone willing to pay deal with this issue.” Grimloq grumbles. ”If we are gunna go bash some skullboys heads in and take a weapon of theirs, there has got to be some enemy of theirs willing to pay for such a job.” Grimloq shrugs. ”Lets get some righteous do gooder to pay use to destroy the weapon. Or I am sure someone else would like the only copy of weapon in their own hands.”

Grimloq points at the data stick. ”The lady wanted that out of the city for a reason. She didn’t destroy it. She wanted it to get somewhere. Who ever those people were would probably pay for this op.”Im going to need a good cigar lounge in town soon. There are some bougey people here, that should be fun.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:30/130

Maverick Riding Armor DESTROYED
Hat: -/10
L. Arm: -/12 | R. Arm: -/12
Body: -/36
L. Leg: -/16 | R. Leg: -/16
Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: ]8/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 140/180
User avatar
Lahz
Group Leader
Posts: 446
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad
Contact:

Re: The Haunt [Spook Squad HQ] (26a)

Post by Lahz »

Perception [45%]: 1d100 = 44: 44 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 4: 4
JiC D100: 1d100 = 88: 88

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 99%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Frustrated/on Edge, Curious] (100ft to psychics, 12ft to non-psychics), Roadrunner PA, See Invisible

ISP: 137/221 ISP

Telemechanics [99%]: 1d100 = 78: 78

[hr][/hr]

Sitting back with steepled fingers, Lahz projects the 2 images side by side with his holographic system, "The items give indications of these two people. The one on the left [Rugged, athletic and grizzled man with medium-cut brown hair that concludes on his chin in the form of a neatly trimmed beard clears his throat] is our decoy Bomb-Maker. He assembled it here, from my vision he is most likely in the Warrens. He was part of a team of 8 CS operatives who are apparently looking for a target individual or item they believe is in the Haunt. They may have enlisted or hired local help within Merctown so don't let the low numbers fool you. The team decided to put us under intense surveillance, purportedly employing 'counter-tactics for technology, magic, psionics and the supernatural' ... So, let's get ahold of these knuckleheads and 1) find out who their target is, and 2) convince them that they are mistaken about the location ... maybe a fake trail. If it's an item, let's get some folks from one of the Street Gangs to start trying to sell it, as if it definitely was not in our possession. Let the CS be a recurring problem for someone else because even if we drop a stack of bodies in the river, odds are that the Spooks' name is on a report somewhere for follow-up if these don't report back. My vision showed 7 enlisted deadboys being lectured by someone in a helmet with a pony-tail, is that one of the Psi-Stalkers or something?"

He turns and points to the face on the Right, "Our 2nd friend on the Right here is the Shooter for the smoke grenade [Young human male, Tanned skin, Black hair, military short cut, Brown eyes] ... Mierin? An ex-suitor? ... Just kidding, just kidding."

OOC: GM please advise when we get in the new computer and can check the datafiles, Laser Holographic Portable Computer (Triax LHP-1000): 20,000 Credits, GMG Pg 184.

The Psi-Techs eyes take on a very hard set look, "The CS has sent a fake bomb to where my daughter sleeps. They killed her once and it took 10 years for me to get her pulled back from the underworld ... "*maybe I have to send them to Psyscape to get them somewhere safe. Skull-freaks are damn unlikely to look there. But if my girls are on the target list I am going to need to erase them, one way or another.*

With a long sigh of frustration, Lahz continues, "A blonde-haired woman with a inverted tear-drop shaped face and a scar just beneath her left ear put them onto us. Not really sure if she's a psychic or a mystic ... that would be unlikely but going toe to toe on psionic counter-surveillance can be exhausting." With that, Lahz will begin to assemble an image of the woman who 'confirmed' the location of the CS target, *Is this the commanding officer who was in the pony-tail? Or someone local that they hired?*

Computer Operation 113%: 1d100 = 62: 62 --- Construct image of Woman from vision (and display to Spooks upon completion)

If no one else has any ideas, Lahz will briefly concentrate on the image of the Bomb Maker, to use Psionic Seeking (Rifter 25, 6 ISP, 9 Miles, 45.00 Mi, 86% Accuracy: 1d100 = 23: 23, even upon failure can definitely tell if target is inside sensing range) and try to determine if the man is still in Merctown.
Lahz D'Gemmel
[ooc]ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))[/ooc]
Post Reply

Return to “The Hub”