Naruni Enterprises Building (21)

Government and Business District.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Augur
Admin

Naruni Enterprises Building (21)

Post by Augur »

ImageImage

Directly opposite Mercenary Plaza sits the ultra-modem, eight story Naruni Enterprises Building. A few years ago, after the company was expel led from North America by the Coalition States and a conspiracy of independent weapons dealers, a team of Uteni representatives arrived in MercTown. The alien arms merchants purchased the plot of land and built a monument of their capitalistic efforts as if to dare the CS, Northern Gun, Ishpeming and others to try it again. It is very much a symbol of the company's determination not to be denied a presence in the arms market of Rifts Earth. From this base in MercTown, Naruni Enterprises has closed dozens of high priced arms deals with kingdoms across the continent, including the MercTown government. NE offered millions of credits, great deals on equipment and free product to the government and its defense force to let the Naruni build their headquarters in the heart of the city-state. Although Proconsul Drago had his reservations and feared the aliens' presence might fuel CS retaliation, the Naruni made him and his kingdom an offer too good to decline.

To accomplish the corporation's goals in North America, the senior sales representative in MercTown, an Uteni trader known as Shulkh (see page 18 of the Naruni Wave 2 sourcebook), has decided on a two-pronged strategy. The first, is to simply showcase Naruni products to everyone who visits MercTown. Hence, the first two floors of the building are giant showrooms that span half a city block. Visitors to the "Showroom" (all glass outer walls so people on the street can see the marvels inside) can see, touch and sit inside actual vehicles and view holographic footage of every product in the place. A dozen Uteni salesmen, including Shulkh himself, along with human and D-Bee agents, scour the showroom floor offering customers advice, information and special incentives on products. Those who express an interest in NE weaponry are taken to a soundproof, indoor shooting range in the basement where they can test fire the products before they order them. One of Shulkh's favorite ploys is to take an NE-JO Plasma Rifle to the range and blast apart a suit of Plastic Man body armor with a single shot.

The Naruni Enterprises Building is an ultra-modem structure built by the company's own contractors using advanced Naruni technology. No one really knows exactly what's on the floors above the showrooms, and the Uteni and other authorized employees are very secretive about it and overall NE operations. Security at the NE Building is airtight and borders on the paranoid. All systems are entirely Naruni high-tech, utilizing advance sensors, force fields, Repo-Bots (40) and combat drones (40 each type), as well as Molock Enforcers (exact number unknown, but there are at least 20 of them and maybe double that many). The NE Building has a multi-layered defense system with Mega-Damage walls with 200 M.D.C. per square foot, reinforced structural beams, M.D.C. security doors (200 M.D.C. each), and as an added measure, the entire building can be enveloped by a force field that is powered by its own independent generator that provides 1,000 M.D.C. per 20 foot section. Inside, compartmentalization is the key to the security of the building; every room and corridor can be sealed, and the entire complex has its own self-contained environment. Power is provided by a private nuclear power plant in one of the sub-basements and supplemented by an advanced solar energy system utilizing nano-technology miracle fibers not allowed to be sold on Rifts Earth. Another sub-basement houses the life support systems for the complex, including an automated waste recycling plant, air purification system, and water supply. Communication systems are also exclusively Naruni and part of the building's design. There are no outside lines connecting to the building, which means it cannot be accessed or hacked by the MercTown internet network. On a similar note, the building's communications systems are among the most sophisticated in the Megaverse. This equipment is the most advanced of its type in the Three Galaxies, several cuts above anything available on Rifts Earth even on the military market (a system Naruni Enterprises reserves solely for its own use). As a result, any attempt to decrypt transmissions from the building suffers a penalty of -75%, and NE can receive and broadcast up to 2000 miles away! All of this makes the building a self-contained environment and something of an independent kingdom or fort, within MercTown.

No matter what outsiders might think, Naruni Enterprises has reason to be paranoid. Agents of the Coalition States are suspected of seven acts of terrorism leveled at the building in just the last two years. Meanwhile, Northern Gun and the Manistique Imperium have recently been joined by Titan Industries to undermine its operations in the field; swindling, stealing, raiding, attacking and trying to destroy transports and kill sales reps at every opportunity. Meanwhile, the three arms dealers and other rivals constantly engage in spreading false rumors and damaging innuendo about Naruni Enterprises in a concerted effort to steal NE customers and ruin the alien merchant's reputation.
[hr][/hr]
Naruni Enterprises Catalog
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Palladium Books Internet Policy
Millicent Mayeux

Re: Naruni Enterprises Building (21)

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 89: 89
JIC: 1d100 = 50: 50| 1d20 = 18: 18

Millicent walks into the local Naruni office building with a look of eager anticipation, much like a child who walks into a toy store before their birthday. With such a discount, I need to get my hands on an off world catalogue… Our boss says he his limited to what he can sell us, but I am sure anything is negotiable… What wonders are they keeping from this planet?

The Operator will make her way over to the closest tellers counter to the entrance and wait to be seen if there is a line. ”I have had an item reserved for me: Millicent Mayeux. It should be ready for pickup.” Millicent pulls out her own credstick, along with one Jezebel let her borrow. ”Please charge the majority onto this credstick, and the remaining due on this one.” She offers he stick first and Jezebels second. Millicent will wait with an expectant smile.
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:17/17
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:51/51
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Underguard
Game Master

Post by Underguard »

The first available clerk taps the name into one of their handhelds and nods, sort of turning its head lightly but not saying anything. "Yes, just a moment." The clerk heads back and comes out with a small packed item and charges the cred sticks. The clerk swiftly moves away from Milly after that transaction and onto another customer unless Milly tries to flag them back down.
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Theron Wymond (PFROG B) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Murdoc »

Percep 77%: 1d100: [70] = 70
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 1d100: [94] = 94

After breaking away from the other Templars, Murdoc makes his way into the Naruni building. He wonders the sales floor a bit as he follows the signs to the area showing off the armor and force field that the Naruni have to offer.

Easily locating a salesman, Murdoc asks, "Hello. I was wondering if you had any of the N-40B Heavy Force Fields in stock? I'm looking to get one installed on my power armor." He glances over at some of the other armors and PA. Naw. I don't need much else right now. Hell, I likely gotta same two or three times what I have to breath on some of these.

N-40B Heavy Force Field to his Roadrunner PA (130,000 credits; uncommon)

Shopping Rolls
Find Contraband: 68%= 1d100: [51] = 51
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%= 1d100: [34] = 34
Recognize Weapon Quality 75%= 1d100: [58] = 58
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Post by Consumer »

The Uteni looks at Murdoc, his eyes brighten as if smiling, except Uteni don't have mouths. "Ah honored guest, I would be glad to be of assistance. Our N-40B is a popular model and not to uncommon for folk to want to integrate them into power armor. May I ask what Power Armor you want it installed in?" The Uteni asks.

Once Murdoc tells him his brow furrows. "Well I'm sure it's a fine suit for you. Yeas we likely can install it for you. Would only take a day or two. If my mental math is correct the whole kit and kaboodle should run you one hundred and fifty-six thousand. Is that acceptable?" The Uteni asks.

N-40B Heavy Forcefield 130,000 Credits.
Installation of N-40B into your Road Runner: 26,000 Credits
Grand total: 156,000 Credits
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Murdoc »

Percep 77%: 1d100: [19] = 19
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 1d100: [37] = 37

Murdoc gives the mouthless Uteni a grin, "Yes, that is acceptable. I just dropped the Roadrunner off at GAW for armor repair but I'm sure they haven't started on that yet. I could go grab it and you guys could do the fix up and install all at once. You can bill the armor repair to the Templar or I'll pay it all and get reimbursed. Though I'll need an invoice for it."

Murdoc gives the Uteni a full smile and says, "That is, unless you have a deal on a light ground PA I can upgrade to?" Lets see if this guy really is a salesman!
Last edited by Murdoc on Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Post by Consumer »

The Uteni shrugs. "If that is what one wishes. We certainly can accommodate."

When Murdoc asks about PA deals, the Uteni shakes his head. "Sadly we don't have any on sale at the moment, Power Armor sales tends to be infrequent, due to the demand for them and the quality Naruni Enterprises is known for. I definitely could show you a few that we have in stock that are a steal at any budget." The Uteni replies.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)
Medals
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Murdoc »

Percep 77%: 1d100: [27] = 27
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 1d100: [36] = 36

Murdoc tips his head to the side just a bit, "Thanks, but I thing I'll stick with just the force field install and repair. Though I'll make it a point to come back by once we get our next mission assignment. Grenades never go out of style." He gives the Uteni a chuckle. "Well, lets go ahead and settle up and I'll get my PA over here pronto."

Murdoc's eye squint as he glances up for a second then, looking back at the Uteni, he says with a smile, "Tell ya what. I'll take one of those medium force field belts too. If you got'um."

N-F20A Medium Force Field 50,000 credits uncommon availability

Shopping Rolls
Find Contraband: 68%= 1d100: [45] = 45
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%= 1d100: [95] = 95
Recognize Weapon Quality 75%= 1d100: [75] = 75
Gambling (Standard) 70%= 1d100: [52] = 52
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<80: [94] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [10] = 10

Rufus arrives (with Leo if he still wants to hang with him -- presenting quite the sight of a 4'6" kankoran traveling with a 9'4" titan juicer) just in time to see Murdoc leave. "Pozdravljeni, my friend -- see you back at the APC, ya?" he grins and waves at him as they pass.

When he gets to the counter he waits for a clerk to notice him (or more accurately, notice Leo and then look down). "Pozdravljeni, good sir (or ma'am, whatever the rep looks to be most like). I'm in the proverbial market for some protection while out in the field that's lightweight, durable, and won't interfere with spellcasting. From what I've been told it sounds like a Naruni force field is exactly what I'm looking for, ya? Something maybe middle of the road in terms of protection versus weight and power drain? And can possibly be clipped on to this?" He points to his harness. "I'm sure you have something that could 'fill the bill' to use a human phrase."

N-F20A Medium Force Field
dice rolls
Charm/Impress: 1d100<40: [1*] = 1
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100<25: [86] = 0
Barter: 1d100<56: [74] = 0
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert: 1d100<57: [91] = 0
EDIT: Next shopping stop is The Stormspire Store when we're done here.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
Consumer
Game Master

Post by Consumer »

The Uteni salesman nods at Murdoc. "That can be arranges, and we'll set up billing for it."

Less than a minute later, Murdoc is presented with a N-F20A Medium Force Field harness, still in the box. "We'll start work on your armor as soon as it reaches us, and likely will have it done within two to three days."

When Rufus approaches. "Greetings, Yes we have something that should do the trick. The N-F20A Medium force field harness should be exactly what you need and at a steal for fifty thousand universal credits." The Uteni says, with a smile, which is strange because they don't have mouths.

N-F20A Medium Force Field: 50,000 credits

Armor Repair: 44,000 credits
N-F20A Medium Force Field: 50,000 credits
N-40B Heavy Forcefield 130,000 Credits.
Installation of N-40B into your Road Runner: 26,000 Credits
Grand total: 250,000 Credits
Credits deducted from your sheet and items added.
Medals

Return to “The Hub”