Man's Best Friend (79)

Market District

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Consumer
Game Master

Man's Best Friend (79)

Post by Consumer »

This is a combination of pet store and veterinary office. Doctor Hanark Banrom (5th level Body Fixer, Scrupulous alignment) is the resident vet with his daughter Cassy (2nd level Vagabond, holistic healer). Both resemble Dog Boys, but they are D-Bees from another dimension and have canine-like legs rather than the human-like legs of the Dog Boys. There are also four human assistants at the store. A typical pet shop, it sells pet food, supplies, collars, leashes, cages, and a selection of common and exotic animals such as mice, rats, hamsters, puppies, kittens, birds and a few species of harmless or domesticated alien animals, including the occasional Dragonsaurus common to Atlantis.

Rumor has is it that the Doctor arrived on Rifts Earth via Atlantis and may have once been a slave of the Splugorth. He never talks about it, and if his daughter knows anything, she never says. In addition to treating pets and livestock, Doctor Banrom also treats Dog Boys and other animal-like mutants and D-Bees. The cost is a modest fee that barely covers his expenses. If the good doctor or his daughter ever fell into trouble there are dozens of grateful Dog Boys and mutants who would com e to their aid.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Re: Man's Best Friend (79)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Dhaltuun pulls up in front of the office. Opening his door, and standing on the frame , let's Dhaltuun see over the roof. ”Looks like the place.” He jumps down, ’This is it. Lets go, my girl.’ Dhaltuun sticks out his elbow, and clicks his tongue. As his beautiful lands on his shoulder, Dhaltuun pulls out some jerky. After taking a bite, and giving her the rest, he heads inside.

As he walks the aisles, Dhaltuun enjoys the animals on display. When he sees something exotic, he will admire it before moving on. Approaching the counter, he smiles and lets Marcella fly to a perch nearby. ”Good day, my friend(s). My name is Dhaltuun. I am a follower of Njord, and this is my faithful and beautiful familiar, Marcella.’ He cocks his head and has Marcella land on the counter. ’I would like to inquire into getting her checked over, maybe on a regular basis?”
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
Consumer
Game Master

Post by Consumer »

The canine-form D-bee at the counter looks at Dhaltuun. "Well hello there, I remember you vaguely, you've been in before." She says politely. She nods, and looks into Dhaltuun's info on a computer. "Ah yes, we have you right here. Bringing Marcella in for a check up? Anything wrong or just making sure." The woman asks, looking at the Osprey.

Once Dhaltuun answers, she nods. "You're in luck, my father doesn't have any appointments at the moment, so he could take a look at Marcella. As for getting her checked on a regular basis, that just requires you to make regular appointments for her." The woman says before walking over to a door near the back. "Dad, you have a gentleman here who'd like you to look at his pet Osprey." She says, to whomever is in the other room.

"Sure send him in." A even quieter voice says from the other room.

The woman turns to Dhaltuun. "He'll see you and Marcella now."

Inside the back room is a clean examination room, and sitting on a wheeled stool is another canine-like D-bee. He stands up and approaches Dhaltuun. "Why hello there, this must be the young patient. Marcella right, it's hard to forget a pretty face." He says, Dhaltuun is almost unsure if he's talking to the bird or him.

"Any issues of note, or just a check up?" The man asks.

Once answered, The man takes Marcella and gives her a look over. checking a few things with medical instruments. All in all it takes about twenty minutes. "She's a healthy bird mister Dhaltuun. I don't see any issues overtly visible, and she seems very happy." The man says.

"My daughter will write up the bill, and you can pay with her, if you'd like to schedule another appointment for the future you can do that with her as well." The man says before handing Marcella back.

Outside in the main store, the woman awaits. "Total comes to two hundred credits. Would you like to schedule your next appointment now, or closer to when you may bring her back in?"
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)
Medals
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: 31% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [96] = 96 [/roll]
JiC d20 | d100: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [12] = 12 [/roll] | [roll]1d100[/roll]: [13] = 13 [/roll]
Initiative: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]: [9]+1 = 10 [/roll]
APM: 6

Dhaltuun smiles at the greeting. ’Thank you, young one. Yes, I have been here once before, but it has been too long I will make sure to stop more often. And this is just a check up.” He strokes Marcella lovingly as he awaits an answer about the appointment.

Once the appointment is confirmed, Dhaltuun thanks the young lady and enters the office.
consumer wrote:Inside the back room is a clean examination room, and sitting on a wheeled stool is another canine-like D-bee. He stands up and approaches Dhaltuun. "Why hello there, this must be the young patient. Marcella right, it's hard to forget a pretty face." He says, Dhaltuun is almost unsure if he's talking to the bird or him.

"Any issues of note, or just a check up?" The man asks.

Dhaltuun cant help but swell with pride at the compliment. ’I know he was talking to you, my pretty, but it is still nice to hear.” He looks at the doc, ”Just a check up. Never can be too safe. She is my most treasured.”

After the exam, dhaltuun retrieves Marcella and heads out to the front where he produces his card for payment. ”Thank you so much. So I will pay my bill in full and would like to make a 300 cr. donation for a total of 500 cr. Is that okay?” After paying, Dhaltuun will smile and head out to his buggy.

As he gets in and gets them comfortable, Dhaltuun has a thought. ”Time to see a man about a board.”[ He takes out more jerky and after each having a bite, heads off to Poseidon's Shipwrights.

https://explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewt ... c6dcbb6680
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
Consumer
Game Master

Post by Consumer »

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”Thank you so much. So I will pay my bill in full and would like to make a 300 cr. donation for a total of 500 cr. Is that okay?”

The canine-like D-bee woman shrugs. "Not exactly common, but we're not against it." She says ringing Dhaltuun up.

Money deducted.
Medals

Return to “The Spokes”