Discount Dan's Slightly Used Mechs and Vehicles (207a)

Dockside, Airport, and outskirts of MercTown.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Augur
Admin

Discount Dan's Slightly Used Mechs and Vehicles (207a)

Post by Augur »

Discount Dan's Slightly Used Mechs and Vehicles

Behind the MercTown Power Plant (207) sits what amounts to a scrapyard. The compound is surrounded by ten-foot-high fences, which are a mixture of chain link and scrap metal. The main gate is framed by a large spider sculpture made of scrap. Once inside there are three buildings and the scrapyard proper. One of the buildings is a small office from where Discount Dan does most of his work. The other two buildings are old warehouse style buildings holding premium parts and various robots and vehicles; it is here that Discount Dan's staff does the mechanical work on the equipment. As far as anyone has ever seen Dan's repair crew consists of Northern Gun Drones.

Discount Dan cuts a dashing, if smarmy, figure with perfect teeth, perfectly coiffed hair, and an immaculate suit. He is a combination of the worst parts of used car salesman and a telemarketer, talking in a fast-paced Yonkers accent. He constantly overshares information, as to drown out what could possibly be wrong with the goods he is selling. As for the products he's selling, they're mediocre at best and death traps at worst. Most of what Discount Dan sells is missing non-vital systems or has had safety measures bypassed in ways that no company could dream. That being said, sometimes there is a rare diamond among his wares and people still come to Discount Dan because he sells them at ridiculously discounted prices. There is a rumor that one of Discount Dan's other talents is acquiring things from the Black Market, though which organization he works through is up for debate.
A/GM Info
Discount Dan is not a human, but is rather a very life-like Archie Android, like Argent Goodchild. The difference is that Dan's programming is messed up and he tends to get his orders wrong. His Black Market ties are actually ties to Titan Robotics and Archie in general, so on top of most of the items he's selling being faulty they’re also bugged for Archie to spy on the owners. Archie III is aware of Dan's faults and finds them humorous. He finds the location to be ideal for offloading damaged and defective Mechs and Vehicles acquired through other sources such as Titan Robotics and things captured by the Shemarrians.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Palladium Books Internet Policy
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Re: Discount Dan's Slightly Used Mechs and Vehicles (207a)

Post by Murdoc »

Perception: 80%: 1d100: [38] = 38
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 1d100: [32] = 32

Buying/negotiating rolls:
Find Contraband: 71% 1d100: [60] = 60
Lore: Demons & Monsters 70% 1d100: [81] = 81
Barter 30% 1d100: [93] = 93
Gambling (Standard) 75% 1d100: [21] = 21

Murdoc rolls up to Discount Dan's with a smile and off loads the SAMAS variant. When approached Murdoc hold a crooked grin and says, "I'm not looking to sell. I need this SAMAS fixed up proper! I know its got a list of things that need to be done and its not exactly the CS standard." He matches Dan's smile, Don't say anything about knowing its gonna be expensive....now toss him the hook. He continues, "You're welcome to make all the scans and schematics of it that you want. I'm sure knock offs of it will sell quite well." Murdoc quirks an eyebrow as he waits for the flashy toothed salesman to start his spiel.
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
Grave Digger
Game Master

Post by Grave Digger »

Dan looks at Murdoc suspiciously; they don't usually come into the store this earnest. He adjusts his tie and his neck twitches abruptly at the thought that he might have to do honest work. "Well if I can't buy it off you, then I'm positive you're in the market for significant upgrades. Let me do a quick scan to see what we can add to this... did ya say it was real? He gives the SAMAS a quick glance and then turns back to Murdoc, "Huh, well, I'm sure it's a gem in the rough."

Dan pores over the monitor, his face becomes colder and more robot like as he reads more and more. "Well, enough about upgrades. Let's talk about getting this thing back to functional. Patching the armor will cost ya 415,200. If you want to get it flying it's gonna cost ya 'nother 410,000. Then weapons and other systems will do ya 'nother 140,000.* On top of that you'll want to add a galvanized undercoat, maybe fresh insulation, and a new safety latch. I would not fly pilot that without a new safety latch. That'll run ya another 200,000." He matches Murdoc's icy stare. "Ok, so no safety latch. Yer funeral, then. But without the safety latch... or undercoat that's a total of 960,200 fer parts 'n labor."

"Oh, and labor. That's gonna take three days if I start today, which I won't. So yer SAMAS won't be ready til the 31st. Come back then with cash in hand and you'll have 'er back good as new." Dan extends a hand to Murdoc to seal the deal.
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Murdoc »

Perception: 80%: 1d100: [76] = 76
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 1d100: [83] = 83

Murdoc nods when Dan skips over upgrades and starts talking about functional, "Yup. I'm looking for 'good as new' or as close as you can get to it. For now let hold off on the extras but some weapons upgrades might be possible in the future." He grins a little as Dan becomes less gregarious and more mathematician.

Murdoc smiles, "I will agree to the fresh insulation. I'd be a hell of a thing to get this SAMAS back into working order and it still smells like the guy that died in there. Or more to the point, it smells like someone died in there."

Murdoc eyes Dan a little appraisingly, Somethings a little off about this guy but its hard to tell if its just the typical repair shop ripoff or something else? Regardless, Murdoc gives a shrug and shakes the man's hand. As best as you can get it. If anything fails and I survive, well, I'll be back but I won't be asking for a refund. Murdoc offers Dan his most feral grin. "See you in four days."

With that done, Murdoc turns and heads for the The Mystic Quarter and the Storespire Store Four days. That won't give me long to test out this SAMAS variant before we depart.
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Post by Consumer »

Murdoc wrote:"I will agree to the fresh insulation. I'd be a hell of a thing to get this SAMAS back into working order and it still smells like the guy that died in there. Or more to the point, it smells like someone died in there."

Dan smirks, it quickly turns into a large smile. "Hey my friend before you go, now that I think of it, I have something I can offer you. I recently came into the possession of some upgraded thrusters. They'd be a perfect fit to the SAMAS you have. SO I'm gonna offer you a once in a lifetime offer. I'll install those instead of the standard ones, and give you a... let's say twenty percent discount. That means you'll only have to pay seven hundred and sixty-eight thousand. And all you'd have to do in return is come back after your next mission and let my tech's run a diagnostic on it for performance information. What do you say champ, does that sound like a better deal?" Dan says in a loud fast paced cadence, Murdoc is sure he's seen this style of salesmanship, but he can't put his finger on it.

"Oh and if you go for this, I'll put your job on the top of my list, so a day and a half wait." The man says slyly.

Full Armor repair, All weapons reinstalled, Wings Rebuilt, Improved Thrusters (+10% flight Speed), Thoroughly cleaned to smell like new. 760,000 credits.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Murdoc »

Perception: 80%: 1d100: [45] = 45
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 1d100: [81] = 81

Murdoc stops on his way out and grins at the shifty salesman, "That does sound like a once in a lifetime deal. I'll take it. Chances are I'll be back anyway, unless I just don't use the SAMAS on this mission. Though that's not likely." He gives the man a hearty smile, "You know how it is with new toys."

And if your shaky drek doesn't hold up, I'll be back then too. Maybe at altitude with a couple hundred ounces of plastique to drop off. He gives a little chuckle and shakes his head. "Seven hundred and sixty-eight thousand and I'll be back in a day and a half, or thereabouts. If anything comes up in the mean time, you can find me at the Templar's compound."
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage

Return to “The Outskirts”