Dockside: Poseidon Shipwrights (205)

Dockside, Airport, and outskirts of MercTown.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Augur
Admin

Dockside: Poseidon Shipwrights (205)

Post by Augur »

MercTown's busiest and only shipyard. Poseidon Shipwrights is a high-tech ship builder that takes barges, speedboats, hydrofoils, fishing boats, motorboats and some custom yachts. The yard employs a hundred people and turns out about 20-30 large vessels and 200 small vessels each year, as well as performing regular repairs and maintenance work. The shipyard is known for the quality of its work, which is equal to that of larger shipyards on the Great Lakes and the Gulf.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Re: Dockside: Poseidon Shipwrights (205)

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Perception: 31% / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [68] = 68 [/roll]
JiC d20 | d100: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [18] = 18 [/roll] / [roll]1d100[/roll]: [17] = 17 [/roll]
Initiative: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]: [14]+1 = 15 [/roll]
APM: 6

PPE: 136 at end of post / 136

Conditions:

Skills:
Boat Building 84% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [57] = 57 [/roll] - Id types being worked on
Carpentry 99% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [20] = 20 [/roll] - level of skill used
General Maintenance 79% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [49] = 49 [/roll] - quality of work
Leather working 84% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [53] = 53 [/roll] - workmanship
Rope works 79% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [33] = 33 [/roll] - workmanship of knots

Post -
Dhaltuun pulls up in front of the building. He gets out and walks around to let Marcella out. ”Okay girl. Go do whatever you do for fun while i go in here and speak to someone. I will let you when i am done.” With that, he heads inside.

He spends a few minutes admiring the work he sees as he waits. With a certified grunt, he moves on till he sees a counter of some kind. ’I see lots of people working. Just need to find a Boss type. Maybe even a secretary if i can find an office.” Dhaltuun will cheerfully wander as he looks for a boss or an office.

Finding either, ”Excuse me please?” He will wait a few minutes till he sees someone. ”Good day. My name is Dhaltuun Ironforge. I am in the market for a surfboard that i can have made into a TW flyer. I have heard of such things before. Also as a Nuhr, i am seeking help in plans for a 3 person junk style ship for personal use.”

The tidal Shark (Electric power board) WB 26 pg 105 40k

OR

TW Water Sled
Most look like conventional jet sleds used by water skiers to skim across the water, but some look like a surfboard with some crazy gizmo built into the back of it. All are TW powered and have great balance and stability (+1 to dodge, +5% to piloting skill, +10% to balance) and excellent speed of up to 100 Mph (160 km or 86 knots). Speed is controlled by the thought or voice command of the rider.
Duration: Five hours.
P.P.E. Cost: 20 P.P.E. (or 40 I.S.P.) to activate.
Initial creation cost in P.P.E.: 270, and needs the Swim As Fish, Telekinesis, and Energy Field spells.
Market Cost: 75,000 for a surfboard-style Sled, plus the cost of the sled itself

AND

Plans for Pirate Junk (Ship)
https://www.britannica.com/technology/junk-ship
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
Consumer
Game Master

Post by Consumer »

Boat Building (Id types being worked on), several speed boats, a pair of fishing boats, and a singular cargo ship.
Carpentry (level of skill used): Couldn't say, none of the boats are made of wood.
General Maintenance (quality of work): From a visual inspection, doesn't look bad, any actual information would require a more in-depth investigation.
Leather working (workmanship): No clue... Leather work isn't exactly an important skill for boat building.
Rope works (workmanship of knots): No real info to be gleaned, it's a dry dock, knots are generally unneeded, plus they're building modern boats, so no sails or what not.

Dhaltuun wanders the Dockyard, looking at things from a distance, while trying to find someone to talk to. He isn't very observant though, so he doesn't find anyone that fits the description of what he's looking for until a burly man in a security uniform steps in front of the dwarf. "Do you have business here?" The man says in a gruff voice.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”Excuse me please?”
Dhaltuun explains he's looking for someone to buy things from, the guard shakes his head and points to the building he deliberately walked past to look at the ships/boats in the dry dock. "Over there." The man says. He watches Dhaltuun as he walks to the building. Once inside he finds a cluttered office, with a woman sitting behind a desk. "Hello, how can we help you?" She says in a pleasant tone.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”Good day. My name is Dhaltuun Ironforge. I am in the market for a surfboard that i can have made into a TW flyer. I have heard of such things before. Also as a Nuhr, i am seeking help in plans for a 3 person junk style ship for personal use.”
The woman shakes her head. "We don't sell surfboards, we build ships. As for plans for a ship, you'll need to schedule an appointment with our shipwright, who will discuss designs with you. But I'm fairly certain we've never made a junk before." The woman says still politely.

No Availability rolls, so nothing is available, I warned you via IM. ~Consumer
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Dhaltuun Onyxforge »

Dhaltuun stands there for a moment. "Should have done more research before coming in." Dhaltuun nods politely in thanks before turning and leaving. He get back in his buggy ands heads home.

https://explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewt ... 1#p1380621
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/vi ... 80&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
  • Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line
Sense Rifts
  • Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.
Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
  • Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details
Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
  • P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)
Familiar Link
  • Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.
Summoning
  • Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater

Return to “The Outskirts”