M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Dockside, Airport, and outskirts of MercTown.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Beckett »

Perception: 1d100 = 80: 80 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 19: 19 | 1d100 = 58: 58

When Pieter's call for everyone to go into the conference room, Samantha was wrenching on a part of the robot in the corner. Damn actuator won't budge. Finally she bangs it on the table and it starts to move freely. She starts talking to herself, "Now that got it unstuck. Now where's the mouse milk..." Pieter's voice was firm, "Okay, let me finish this up.... Done!"

Removing her greasy gloves, she heads to the sink and washes her hands with the industrial cleaner. After drying hers her hands, then put on some lotion and walks into the conference room. When she hears that the team has a job, she pulls out her notepad and start taking notes concerning the mission:
Notepad wrote:
  1. Rift In, where?
  2. Underground facility, Logan? Probably not needed...
  3. Explosives? Probably not needed...
  4. What kind of facility is it?
  5. Who do we need to contact in the facility?
  6. Personnel Records?
  7. What kind of issue do we need extra firepower?
  8. What is considered acceptable losses of the facility?
  9. What is considered acceptable losses of personnel?
  10. Override process on the facility?
  11. How do we get back?
  12. Mentioned magic has limitations while in lock down. How about Psionics?
Samantha waits for Mr. Keller to respond to Twonjym, Excellent question Sheriff. "I also have a couple of questions concerning this job. When Mr. Keller is ready, she starts up and looks at her notepad, "Who should be our primary contact at the facility? How do we identify ourselves as being with your company? Can we get a list of Personnel and their records? What kind of issue would cause a lock down such as this? Is there an override process for the facility? You mentioned that the facility prevents Magic transportation while the facility is in lock down, how about communication? Is it the same with Psionics?" She takes a deep breath letting what her questions are asking sink in, "I know we don't want to think about it, but what is considered an acceptable loss to the facility and personnel. And what is our transportation back to MercTown. Is it on us, or are you providing a rift back for us?"
User avatar
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Vera Morozov »

Perception: 1d100 = 64/41%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 10; JiC d20: 1d20 = 17

Vera stands silently as Pieter and Keller speak. Being cybernetic, she is practically motionless, though her eyes continually scan the room, landing on each of the contractees in turn. The blonde woman who still had a splotch or two of grease on her form from working with some sort of machinery. The freckled, European looking woman sitting in the far back, clearly something of a wallflower. The scarred and tattooed man who held himself straight, seeming to Vera to be former military of some kind. And finally, of course, was the looming dinosaur-like D-Bee, whose black beard seemed well cared for. Her eyes linger on him for a moment longer than the others, her sharing a note of understanding as they lock gazes before she turns her attention to the room at large.

She gathers herself and moves forward once The D-Bee's and the blonde's questions are asked, giving a nod to Mr. Keller. "I can answer their questions, sir. It is why I am here, after all." Her voice is smooth and rich, the Russian accent plain as she speaks slowly to keep her American understandable, and to keep from tripping up on the somewhat foreign words. As she moves forward, it becomes clear just how much her relatively plain, human face juxtaposes against her massive body. She stands taller than even Twonjym, though her bionic frame is still relatively lithe, avian even, especially with the wings, claws, and talons she sported. She looks to the D-Bee first, saying "It is a research facility of a somewhat sensitive nature. Hence the precautions against magical and psionic circumvention of the premises. There are approximately 2,000 personnel on site as of last contact. As for lifting the lockdown, an administrative droid on-site can do that. There are five of such droids at the facility, so locating one should not be too much an issue, current circumstances aside."

Turning her attention to Beckett, she continues, "Our primary contact will be Commander Chris Townsend, who is head of security, and I will serve as the team's form of identification. All the information on the site itself I have on the disk I have on me, and we can review its contents at anytime. It does not contain a personnel list. Any form of magical or psionic transportation or communique is warded against, and as such is impossible. We'll be going in by foot, and having lost contact, we don't know the condition of any forms of mundane communications on-site, and don't know what caused the lockdown to begin with. I'm afraid my guess is as good as yours as to why. Assume total loss of communications until found otherwise. We will be arriving a mile out from the facility, as Mr. Keller said, via a Rift to be opened by mage. This same mage will wait for us within a mile of the site, and will be our ride back out. "

The cyborg eyes take on a more grave tone, "As for casualties, we are looking to keep them as minimized as possible. Half of Mr. Keller's company is in the facility, and contains many of KIT's important personnel and resources. We are looking at attempting to restore this facility to its standard operating procedures, nothing less."
Last edited by Vera Morozov on Tue May 26, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!
M.D.C.
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: Destroyed!/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: Destroyed!/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 24/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.
M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 67/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Giant-Sized Vibro-Blades: 1d4x10 M.D.; Range: Melee
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 534
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Rocky »

Perception: 1d20+3 = 20: 17
JIC d20: 1d20 = 10: 10
JIC d100: 1d100 = 92: 92

save vs insanity
1d20 = 16: 16 +3 +1 for the ring =20

He Listens to Samm about calling Jenifer as he heads out to see the others who had defeated Nxla he Ask Pieter and Samm, “Hey part of the share of the cut is the good I brought in. If any can use some of the things give it to them. As signing bonus, just keep the jammer and that electrical rod thing for me Oh there is also some good camping poles there should be kept for the group. Oh and maybe have the tech look at the PA see what she can do with it. Pieter do you think someone can do some art, Like Jenifer?”


21 E-clips Mars
Whip of Pain
TW Shard Pistol Lahz I’ll take the pistol you have the rifle
TW Jammer Pistol
From Stormspire
MARS Share
C-27 Light Plasma Cannon (1)
NG-P9 Heavy Particle Beam Rifle (1)
Skorblade Short Sword
Skorblade Pole Arm
Skorblade Pole Arm 2
L-20 Pulse Rifle 2
Vibro-Sabre (2)
Stormspire Loot:

TW Animal Repellent (WB26 pg. 96)
TW Lantern Poles
TW Watchguard Poles
Lightning Axe
Lightning Rod 2
Xiticix Spear 2
Lexington Ruins Loot
Skorblade Short Sword


“I will call Jenifer and meet the others at the ogres den for a post survival party.
I may hang with Jennifer for a while. so don't wait up for me.


Rocky picks up his radio and speaks into it, "Jenifer, Rocky is here....."
OOC Comments
He will tell her what happened not describing everything but mention he went in with hardly any one and seemed to lose a few , , stating he didn't see all , die so there might be some hope .
As he does so he heads over to his hover cycle, (if Jenefer answers and is available he heads to see her and ask her if she like to join hima or when he is done He could go to her place at the hotel.)

Ogres Den eventually
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Beckett »

(( rolls carried over ))
Horror Factor: 1d20+3 = 22: 19 vs. 12

Samantha listens and writes down on her notepad as Vera talks. This is going to be a tough one if everything doesn't go right.
Notepad wrote:
  1. Rift In, where? About 1 mile out from the city.
  2. Underground facility, Logan? Probably not needed...
  3. Explosives? Probably not needed... Bring some explosives, demolition charges.
  4. What kind of facility is it? Research facility
  5. Who do we need to contact in the facility? Commander Chris Townsend
  6. Personnel Records? 2000 people - need records, at least photo and/or ID Readers
  7. What kind of issue do we need extra firepower?
  8. What is considered acceptable losses of the facility? Facility must be secured...
  9. What is considered acceptable losses of personnel?
  10. Override process on the facility? Vera is the key, and 4 robots on site can override facility.
  11. How do we get back? Same mage, 1 mile away.
  12. Mentioned magic has limitations while in lock down. How about Psionics? Both are limited.
  13. What are the security measures? What about going through the floors?
Additional Notes for Vera
  1. Who is the main competitor?
  2. Unable to provide why it locked down?
  3. Are we expecting Industrial Sabotage? Military Incursion? Pirates?
  4. Where are the security center to shut down the lockdown?
"Thank you," Samantha starts off, "I do have some additional questions." She starts to tap at her notepad, to make sure she doesn't go over the same questions. "I know you stated that there are 2000 people within the facility. Can we have personnel records, at the least a photo ID and employee ID Number. Some way of identifying that they are indeed employee's?"

"Maybe, this is a question for Vera. But what kind of security systems do you have in place to prevent magical and psionic intrusion? And what about a physical breach going directly through the floors?"
Quantum
H.P.: 49 / 49 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Vera Morozov »

((Rolls carried over))

Vera nods as Samantha continues her line of questioning. Good, she thought, Inquisitive nature shows that they are experienced enough to not try and go in blind.

Once Beckett finishes asking her next series of questions, the dark red cyborg will begin speaking in turn, "I do not have any personnel records on me, but I am aware of we can get them, as well as track the status of the staffing. There is a central computer for the facility, which tracks both the ID and the vitals of all of the employees via a wristband bio-metric device. Once on site, we may be able to find a way to access this information. If any of the staff have fallen unconscious or have died, their badge will be flagged, and will not be usable for access to the facilities or the doors within."

The bionic woman frowns at the next question, but answers it regardless, "I am afraid I do not know how magical and psionic intrusion is inhibited. I only know that it is, and that it only affects transportation-based magical and psychic powers. As for physical defenses, there are no automated defenses on site, to prevent a hostile force from breaking into our security systems and turning any such defenses on the employees. Instead there is a 400 strong security force that acts as the mundane security system. This security force is composed of ex-mercenary personnel, with people ranging from gunslingers to combat mages. Speaking of the more mundane, I do not believe a breach such as you suggest would be likely. The floors are each contained in fifty feet of reinforced plating, and can only be accessed by a lift system or by the free-floating stairs. Each lift or set of stairs only connects to one other floor, so we will have to traverse through each level to reach the opposing side to gain access to the next floor down. And of those two options, the lift is unavailable due to the lockdown."

She pauses, having finished answering the questions and awaiting new ones, before she blinks, and nods. "My apologies, but I will have to rectify an earlier statement I made. There was a burst transmission that was sent out when the site initially went on lockdown. While we are unaware of what caused it, there are a few small details we do know."

She moves forward, looking down to the holo-map of the New Lazlo region, centered on the facility's location. "The transmission stated that the threat detected was of the highest level, and that it came from within the building itself. No tunneling or other forms of access, normal or otherwise, were detected."
1d20+4 = 9: 5
Last edited by Vera Morozov on Thu May 28, 2020 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!
M.D.C.
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: Destroyed!/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: Destroyed!/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 24/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.
M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 67/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Giant-Sized Vibro-Blades: 1d4x10 M.D.; Range: Melee
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Beckett »

((rolls carried over))

Samantha continues taking notes and marks off the differences that Vera is making. She's being very diligent at updating her comments so she knows what else to ask the cyborg and potential client.
Notepad wrote:
  1. Rift In, where? About 1 mile out from the city.
  2. Underground facility, Logan? Probably not needed...
  3. Explosives? Probably not needed... Bring some explosives, demolition charges.
  4. What kind of facility is it? Research facility
  5. Who do we need to contact in the facility? Commander Chris Townsend
  6. Personnel Records? 2000 people - need records, at least photo and/or ID Readers Security Center has information on the personnel, notating if they are alive/dead and how to identify them. Note: If they are wearing ID Bracelet, they are considered part of the facility. If removed bracelet deactivates.... are we being issued one?
  7. What kind of issue do we need extra firepower?
  8. What is considered acceptable losses of the facility? Facility must be secured...
  9. What is considered acceptable losses of personnel?
  10. Override process on the facility? Vera is the key, and 5 robots on site can override facility.
  11. How do we get back? Same mage, 1 mile away.
  12. Mentioned magic has limitations while in lock down. How about Psionics? Both are limited.
  13. What are the security measures? What about going through the floors? No security Information on Magic/Psionics. No physical security other than doors/walls. 400 Mercenaries protect facility. Each floor is reinforced with 50 feet of reinforced plating.
Additional Notes for Vera
  1. Who is the main competitor?
  2. Unable to provide why it locked down? Lockdown is due to an internal threat
  3. Are we expecting Industrial Sabotage? Military Incursion? Pirates?
  4. Where are the security center to shut down the lockdown?
When there is a moment to speak, Samantha asks another question, "I really appreciate you answering these questions before we take this mission." She scratches behind her right ear before speaking again, "You mentioned that the personnel on site have ID Bracelets, is it safe to assume that if someone does not have an ID Bracelet, that they are not welcome there? If so, will we be issued one?"

She lets the others ask questions and she'll write down the question and answers as well. Having all this information when forming a plan of action is needed. When everyone is done asking questions, she'll let Pieter escort the two potential clients out before asking her question to the new team. "So, this is the real deal people. You are part of this company, and this is how we make money. But it is still a choice, do you want a shot at making a difference?" She looks at each one, "We need a vote, are we in, or let this one go?"


Military: Etiquette -- 1d100 = 76: 76 / 95% (to help determine if there is any more questions she should be asking on a mission like this. Understanding that the client is giving the outline, but the actual plan MARS will need to come up with)
Military Fortifications -- 1d100 = 39: 39 / 55% (to look at the facility in whole, along with the described fortifications to make sure she understands how much damage the facility could take)
Quantum
H.P.: 49 / 49 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Hazel Meade
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:53 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Hazel Meade »

Perception: 1d100 = 28: 28% (35% base, +15% on rolls involving electronics, machines, or their combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 3: 3
JIC: 1d100 = 84: 84
Beckett wrote:Samantha reaches down and pets the clockwork wolf, her metal fingers of the battle suit make a slight metal sound on its metal parts.. "With the paperwork signed, I'll show you guys your rooms." Samantha leads the recruits into a large warehouse, where there are some large conex boxes lining the outside edges. Staircases and walkways lead to the triple stacked boxes. While in the center of the room a vehicle that takes up most of the open room. It can only be described as a large boat with landing skids. Off to the side is a large thirty foot tall robot that is in pieces, and another vehicle covered in a tarp.

"Your rooms are on the third floor, three hundred one, three hundred two, and three hundred three. They each have a Jack and Jill bathroom, so you'll be required to share facilities when we are here. We also have a communal locker room here on the ground floor. She points to a door back towards an office. And we also have an Armory to store your weapons and recharge e-clips over there." She smiles and lets the three to get settled. "After you get settled, why don't you head down to the kitchen, its right next to the conference room we were just in."
Hazel eventually parks her Wolftrack in the garage and unpacks her tools, storing most of them right there in the garage. Her personal belongings she takes up to her room, tacking numerous pictures of her former salvage team to the wall. Once she is settled in there, she takes a quiet tour around the garage, looking over what tools, equipment, and vehicles are there. Spotting a damaged power armor Hazel runs a hand over the unit while using Telemechanics to sort out all it's problems, at the same time she begins poking at the various systems. In short order she pulls out her tools and begins removing armor plates and pulling out damaged components.*

Sum of All Fears wrote:Before Beckett gets everyone set with their accommodations, she has them move all the vehicles into the garage so they can remain secure. For Marvin and Hazel the accommodations are better then they could afford right now, and better than they have been living in as of late. The room is bare but spacious for Marvin. There is ample room for additional gear and even a fridge he can stock liquor in. Marvin realizes he is running dry and needs to refill his flask (Flask is 8oz). A thought occurs to him that he may wish to purchase additional flasks or a thermos to refill his flask when they end up in the field. (Marvin include a save vs non-lethal poison with your next post DC 6, and please add the bottle of whiskey purchased from the cafe to your character sheet. Size is 750ml currently 98% remaining. Lose 3% per refill of flask.)

Hazel feels the weight of social interaction lift as her door clicks behind her. The room is bare but livable. Much better than what she is used to. Here alone she begins to feel her spirits rise as she knows this team will help her reach her eventual goal of finding her friend. She had seen the workspace in the garage. It was quite impressive and likely where she can see herself spending the majority of her time.

Twonjym finds the accommodations spartan but nothing wrong with them. He knows from experience they are not likely to be spending a lot of time here. The life of a mercenary is one of near constant struggle.

Rocky sees the new recruits moving about with conflicted emotions. He is happy to see their enthusiasm and the boost their abilities will mean for the future of MARS. Then he is also worried. Mostly for them, but also for himself. He alone came back from the last job. While that is not the norm he has been thinking of little else. Had Pieter not been ahead of the game the last job could very well have been the last job for MARS. The seeds of doubt have been planted. (Rocky Roll for Save vs Insanity DC 12). Rocky also remembers the invitation for drinks for one last get together for the JTFA.

Sam falls into a natural leadership position helping get the new people billeting and guiding the newcomers through the building showing them where all the facilities are.

Everyone:

After about an hour or so everyone heard Pieter over the intercom. ”I’m back. Can I get everyone to the conference room please.”

As everyone files in, Pieter is standing at the head of the table flanked by two individuals. The person on the left looks to be a 50ish human with salt and pepper hair, in a well tailored dark grey business suit. While the person to the right, well they really are not a person, they look like a large robotic angel. When everyone has been seated Pieter speaks, ”I know it’s soon for a lot of us but I have a job for us. I think this job will help bring the new and the old together to help form a better team. This is Mr. Keller owner and founder of the Keller Institute of Technology, KIT for short.” Peiter motions to Mr. Keller and he steps forward. His blue eyes look at each person for a moment to ensure their attention before he continues, ”Yes this job is of some urgency. This morning as of 0500 we lost contact with one of our research facilities south of New Lazlo. I am hiring your company to conduct a recon of the facility, ensure the safety of the personnel and their research materials, and assist the personnel with lifting the lockdown of the facility.” Mr. Keller presses a button on a remote and a holo display of North America hovers in the middle of the table. Pieter dims the lights so all can see. "Our facility is here at the intersection of two ley lines. Travel there will not be an issue. However due to the facility’s lockdown we are unable to open a rift into the facility. It has certain...countermeasures active which prevents anything from getting in or out via rifts or other magical ways. The facility is a ten floor underground facility. There is a primary lift used for normal operations to get from floor to floor, however the lockdown disables it automatically. Now for situations like this there are hidden emergency stairwells on each floor to allow access to the other floors. We are still unsure as to why no one has come out of the facility yet. But that’s where you come in.” Mr. Keller waves to the person standing next to him. ”This is Vera. She has been working for me only a short time, but she has proven invaluable. She has a detailed layout of the facility stored on a disk for you to look over at your leisure. I also want her to accompany you on this job. Some extra fire support always comes in handy for the unexpected. I understand that this group recently came back from a job so as much as I want you to set out immediately I understand the need to re-provision. I hope three days is enough to get what you need, I can spare no more than five days. Should you take longer than five days to prepare, I will have to contract another company. When you are ready to leave contact me at this frequency and I will have my mage open a rift for you to travel by. Your company will be paid 8 million credits upon restoring the facility and getting the personnel out safely. Do you have any questions for me before I leave?”
Hearing the announcement to for everyone to attend the meeting, Hazel sets her tools down on a nearby cart she has been using and follows the others to the meeting. On the way, she hastily wipes her face and hands off on a shop rag before stuffing it into a pocket on her coveralls. She sits somewhere off to the side, quietly listening and making notes about the facility that is being talked about.
Rocky wrote:He Listens to Samm about calling Jenifer as he heads out to see the others who had defeated Nxla he Ask Pieter and Samm, “Hey part of the share of the cut is the good I brought in. If any can use some of the things give it to them. As signing bonus, just keep the jammer and that electrical rod thing for me Oh there is also some good camping poles there should be kept for the group. Oh and maybe have the tech look at the PA see what she can do with it. Pieter do you think someone can do some art, Like Jenifer?”
Hazel raises her hand and waits a moment for someone to notice. Whether someone sees or not, she gets Rocky's attention eventually, "You are saying about the powerrüstung? Is your armor? I have started on before meeting. Need more time. Will get it working if need?".


*[Psychic Powers used and Skill rolls to diagnose power armors problems and disassemble it];
Telemechanics; 0 I.S.P.
Machine & Electrical Diagnosis; 6 I.S.P.
Mechanical Engineer 60%/ 1d100 = 8: 8
Robot Mechanics 55%/ 1d100 = 85: 85
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Twonjym »

Percep: 65% = 1d100 = 70: 70
JIC: 1d100 = 88: 88 1d20 = 7: 7

Need to see if the team has any shaped charges. We may need to blow through some doors, if I can't take them off the hinges. Beckett knows her stuff. Seems to be asking all the right questions. But who knows what the issue could be. That's why they wanna hire us to go in there a suss it all out. Of course, much like anything else, whatever plans we make will go to pot as soon as we're on site. Twonjym's head shifts back and forth on a tilt as he ponders the answers given by Vera.

Eventually Jym says, "I reckon there's something else I should ask but I can't figure out what it is, after Beckett did such a bang up job." He continues to sit and wait, giving the other time to raise any questions of their own.

After the potential employer has left and Beckett requests a vote, Twonjym raises a large finger and says, "Seams like as good a job as any. Though I get the feeling that they were fiddling with something they shouldn't have been." Jym gives a 'what can you do' shrug and looks around to see how the others are voting,
Last edited by Twonjym on Thu May 28, 2020 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Beckett »

(( rolls carried over ))
The Grackletooth Sheriff wrote:After the potential employer has left and Beckett requests a vote, Twonjym raises a large finger and says, "Seams like as good a job as any. Though I get the feeling that they were fiddling with something they shouldn't have been." Jym gives a 'what can you do' shrug and looks around to see how the others are voting,
"I agree," she starts off. "It definitely looks like they have something loose, whether its a critter or some sort of germ, I don't know. But they aren't asking us to make sure it survives. And that is something we should get clarification on before we sign on."

She looks at the German mechanic and speaks slowly Trying to make sure the woman doesn't miss what she's saying, "Hazel, if you want to earn some money, we have to sign on a mission. Are you willing to risk your life for this mission?"

Now that reminds me, we need to negotiate besides pay, damage repair, and ammunition replacement.
Quantum
H.P.: 49 / 49 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Marvin Prescott
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:26 am

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Marvin Prescott »

Perception: 1d100 = 67: 67% (30%)
JIC: 1d20 = 14: 14
JIC: 1d100 = 95: 95

Marvin listens in on the briefing and for a change, he doesn't have his flask in hand. He pulls out a hand held computer and begins typing in notes as the two talk. At one point he seems to be about to say something, but when Beckett rattles off a laundry list of questions he stops and waits for the answers. Whatever he was about to ask, apparently is has been covered. He does have one of his own though, "Beckett, how well is the armory stocked up with explosives? I don't mean fusion blocks mind you, but low power C4 or Semtex? If we have some, I can put together a few breaching charges and such before we head out.".
User avatar
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Vera Morozov »

(( Rolls carried over ))

Vera nods at Samantha at the blonde woman's thanks, "It is of no issue. I wish for this to succeed, and the more your group is informed and prepared, the better off we will all be. As for the ID's, I know where to access them on the facility, so they should be simple enough for us to obtain, I believe."

With that, as it seems that there are no other questions from the others in the group, at least for the moment, she steps back, letting her employer wrap up the meeting before taking leave with him as the contract is considered by the group. She will remain where she is requested to by her superior, waiting for the response from the M.A.R.S. team just as the unaugmented human is. An interesting group to be sure. They seem to be inquisitive enough, at least the D-Bee and the blonde woman are, and the others were clearly taking notes. A good sign for things to come with this group.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!
M.D.C.
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: Destroyed!/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: Destroyed!/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 24/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.
M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 67/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Giant-Sized Vibro-Blades: 1d4x10 M.D.; Range: Melee
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Beckett »

(( rolls carried over ))

Samantha nods with a deep understanding to Vera's answer, "We'll let you know in a moment." Then lets Vera and their client step out of the room before she grills the new team.

She asks them if they want the job, nobody answers right away. But Marvin does have a question related to the mission, "Our stockpiles of explosives are usually with missiles. But anything that was silver and explosives were taken out in the last mission. I am sure we will need to resupply before going on this one." She looks at the team, "That means we need to make a quick shopping trip, and as we know the more time we wait, the more entrenched things get on the other end. We need to quickly get the stuff we need, make a plan, and execute if we take this job."

OOC Guys: Make a decision if you want to do this mission!
Quantum
H.P.: 49 / 49 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Twonjym »

[rolls held]

Twonjym grins as Beckett talks about a plan, A plan is good but things never go accordingly. Best plan and be prepared. He eventually speaks up, "My vote is we take the job. The pay isn't bad and since we ain't using our vehicles, damage to our big ticket items is likely to be low." He glances around the conference room at the others in the team. "Assuming we take the job, this could range from a broke computer to raiders to a critter infestation or illness. So make sure your gear covers the bases but don't bog yourself down." He gives Hazel a wink, hoping the kid doesn't try to bring all her tools along.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 534
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Rocky »

Perception: 1d20+3 = 10: 7
JIC d20: 1d20 = 19: 19
JIC d100: 1d100 = 38: 38

Rocky arrives on his hover and see a group Of peopel with the Mars group , he heads over to Pieter and ask, "What's up? We on a mission? Did a Minerva show up?"

Rocky nods to the others as they come by. "Sorry,was busy last night as I said."
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Beckett »

(( rolls held over ))

Samantha nods to Twonjym's statement, Finally someone who saying that they want to do the job. Marvin's talking equipment purchases, that's two. I'm concerned about Hazel, getting too deep. But I was green around the Mercenary trade too.

"Okay we got one vote, she starts off. "As chair and the bylaws, I don't get a vote unless there is a tie breaker. But I do get a say." She turns to Hazel and Marvin, "What do you two say? Are you in?"
Quantum
H.P.: 49 / 49 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Sum of All Fears »

Mr. Keller yields the floor to his assistant Vera who is able to answer most of the critical questions for the MARS personnel. Mr. Keller looks pleased at the questions being asked. ”I will add that Vera does have the only copy of the facility map outside of the facility. If you accept the job you will be granted access to it so you may better prepare yourselves for moving through the facility.” Mr. Keller does exit to let MARS have their private talk. He knows this is critical to the function of the group.

”Thank you for fielding their questions Vera. Those questions seem to lead me to believe we came to the right group. I actually don’t know what we would do if they refused.” Mr. Keller’s shoulders slump slightly as the weight of his responsibilities pull at him. Vera knows more than half of KIT employees are working in this facility. Despite being mostly machine she can feel Mr. Keller’s near desperation to find out what happened to his people.

MARS discusses the validity of the mission and potential ways to tackle the job. While this seems like a good idea at first Sam speaks up to let the group know they have not actually said yes to the job yet. As the group gets into further discussion regarding the mission and whether to accept it or pass on it Rocky returns with Minerva in tow. Time has past quicker then everyone anticipated as it is now later evening. Rocky introduces Minerva to the group as a former member of the Spooks Squad who is looking for a change of pace. He includes she was also part of the effort to prevent Nxla from devouring the earth. With a few yays and no nays Sam feels confident enough to bring Mr. Keller and Vera back into the room to accept the job.

With the acceptance of the job Mr. Keller seems to stand a little straighter with a little spark of hope in his eye. ”I am truly grateful. Now lets down into the details.”

Minerva go ahead and post an introduction of yourself to the group.

Continue to post here.
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Beckett »

Perception: 1d100: [37] = 37 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [17] = 17 | 1d100: [21] = 21

Samantha walks into the hangar and places the bag of weapons on the table. "Pieter, we're home!" She yells out for the Techno-Wizard turned mercenary business agent. "Pay day, and loot!" As she waits for the Techno-Wizard to come out, she pulls off her helmet and explains to the rest of the MARS adventuring team. "We are back, to base. For those who haven't worked with us before, I'm going to make it short and sweet."

"First thing we do, is lock up our gear and get cleaned up. While we are getting cleaned up, Pieter or someone in team management will go over the items we bring back. They will assign a cost value to the item, if at all possible. Make sure if it's worth keeping, and not some sort of demonic soul or troubled soul stuck in it." Shaking her head remembering the argument she had with some of the other members in the past over keeping a sentient evil item. "The next day or so we will provide mission pay, and if someone wants a particular item they can acquire it from their mission pay at cut rate prices."

"For those who need repairs to equipment, armor, weapons and what not. I'll start assessing battle damage and prioritizing based on seriousness, and supplies on hand."

Drake! She almost forgets about the Cyberknight. "Drake, you don't have a bunk area yet. Let's get you set up with one." She looks around the hangar at the storage containers and looks for which one is currently empty. She points to a container, "That one over there is yours to stay in for right now. You can get cleaned up and changed in there. We modified containers to be machine shops, and bedrooms."


Removed and placed in MT Entrance
Samantha looks over at Rocky, What am I going to do with you? With a grimace, "Rocky, you need some medical attention. We are going to get Jennifer to come pick you up, and then take you wherever you need to go. I know she has connections in town, and probably knows the best bio-mechanic there is within MercTown."
Quantum
H.P.: 49 / 49 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: MARS PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Drake »

Perception: 1d100: [50] = 50 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [4] = 4 ; 1d100: [39] = 39
Conditions: None.


HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/87
I.S.P.: 31/31
Little Brother M.D.C. (Main Body): 275/15, (Head): 105/110, (Right Arm): 75/100 (Left Leg): 70/150


Drake slowly follows Beckett to the compound, parking his bike where it seems it should be. After dismounting, Drake follows Beckett into the hanger and waits.
Beckett wrote:"We are back, to base. For those who haven't worked with us before, I'm going to make it short and sweet."

"First thing we do, is lock up our gear and get cleaned up. While we are getting cleaned up, Pieter or someone in team management will go over the items we bring back. They will assign a cost value to the item, if at all possible. Make sure if it's worth keeping, and not some sort of demonic soul or troubled soul stuck in it." Shaking her head remembering the argument she had with some of the other members in the past over keeping a sentient evil item. "The next day or so we will provide mission pay, and if someone wants a particular item they can acquire it from their mission pay at cut rate prices."

"For those who need repairs to equipment, armor, weapons and what not. I'll start assessing battle damage and prioritizing based on seriousness, and supplies on hand."
Drake nods. "Okay if I leave this in here?" Drake asks, gesturing to the Little Brother suit he's wearing. Once Beckett tells him where to park it, he goes through the troubles of dismounting it again. Damn, I was sloppy. Drake thinks as he's had some time to ruminate on the damage. Once out of the power armor, Drake heads back over to his bike and gathers his backpack and saddlebags, before heading back to the hanger.
Beckett wrote:"Drake, you don't have a bunk area yet. Let's get you set up with one." She looks around the hangar at the storage containers and looks for which one is currently empty. She points to a container, "That one over there is yours to stay in for right now. You can get cleaned up and changed in there. We modified containers to be machine shops, and bedrooms."
Drake nods once more. "My thanks." Drake says, before heading in and closing the door behind him. Once alone and in privacy, Drake sighs deeply. before laying his things on the bed. Drake sits at the chair near the small desk and slowly goes about pulling his boots off, taking care to untie them and not damage the laces. Once the boots are off, Drake shakes his head noting his right sock needs darning. He slowly pulls them off as well. bundling them together so as to not lose the pair. Drake chuckles as he checks his toes and toenails, noting they're fine. Drake gets up and takes off his Keffiyeh, folding the large cloth and setting it on the bed, this is followed by his t-shirt. Drake groans as he flexes his right arm, he can see the bruise forming between the organic cyber armor plates, discoloring the tattoos on his arm.

Drakes pants and undergarments follow, getting set aside as, he digs through his pack for clean replacements. Drake settles on a pair of khaki cargo pants with adjustable suspenders and a only slightly yellowed tank top, along with fresh undergarments. Drake spies the bathroom, makes his way inside, and starts the shower on it's hottest setting. Drake heads back into the room to grab his dopp bag, and gathering his bathing supplies. Drake doesn't take a particularly long shower, just using the time to get clean, and let the hot water work out some of the pains in his body. Shower finished, Drake dries off and goes to get dressed.

Drake doesn't take too long to get dressed, which is followed by storing the dirty garments in his saddle bag. Drake drapes his armored pants over the back of the chair, along with his coat. "Should be safe enough, to not need armor." Which elicits a dry chuckle as he remembers fighting a gunslinger outside AAPS' base in a similar outfit, while mildly drunk. "I guess if I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all."

Cleaned and dressed, Drake heads back out of the room and to the hanger, to see what is going on. I should eat, I think I have a few MREs. Drake thinks.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage. EP
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Beckett »

((rolls carried over))

Mechanical Engineer -- 1d100: [30] = 30 / 100%
Mecha Engineering -- 1d100: [14] = 14 / 105%
Weapons Engineer -- 1d100: [36] = 36 / 80%
Robotechnology Engineering -- 1d100: [44] = 44 / 100%
Vehicle Armorer -- 1d100: [11] = 11 / 95%


Samantha walks into her room, her eyes adjust as the lights kick on with her motion. Taking a deep breath, she lets the stress go as she exhales. Home, She starts disconnecting her armor and laying it down piece by piece. Well this mission, really showed what I am lacking. She sits down on the bench at the end of her bed and pulls off her armored boot. Power, I need a power pack for my rifle. Maybe some backpack style weapon systems... That would be neat. Backup forcefield generator, I wonder how I'd integrate that.

Disconnecting the container that held the Star Heart, she sets it next to her. Standing up, she finishes stripping out of her clothes and hops into the shower to get cleaned off. Letting the hot water warm her muscles, and the soap to wash sweat and the thought of blood everywhere go away.

She looks at the container at the end of the bed. What am I going to do with you?

After getting dressed in her mechanics overalls, Samantha picks up the Star Heart. "You are going to have to tell me your secrets," with the Star Heart in hand she heads downstairs where Pieter was studying the items that they brought back.
Drake wrote:Cleaned and dressed, Drake heads back out of the room and to the hanger, to see what is going on. I should eat, I think I have a few MREs. Drake thinks.
"Hey," Samantha walks into the center of the room, where the table of gear is. She sets down the Star Heart in the container, and pulls her hair back into a messy ponytail. "So, what do you want done to your suit over there? Repair? Upgrade?" If given the opportunity, she goes over the suit to take a note on what kind of repairs it needs. "It got banged up pretty bad," She takes a
Drake= -260MD MB; -5 MD Head, -25 MD RA; -80 Left Leg
to determine how much parts are going to be needed. Three hundred seventy units of armor... "How is it handling? Sensors? Actuators?"
Quantum
H.P.: 49 / 49 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: MARS PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Drake »

((Rolls Carried Over))
Beckett wrote:"Hey," Samantha walks into the center of the room, where the table of gear is. She sets down the Star Heart in the container, and pulls her hair back into a messy ponytail. "So, what do you want done to your suit over there? Repair? Upgrade?" If given the opportunity, she goes over the suit to take a note on what kind of repairs it needs. "It got banged up pretty bad," She takes a
Drake= -260MD MB; -5 MD Head, -25 MD RA; -80 Left Leg
to determine how much parts are going to be needed. Three hundred seventy units of armor... "How is it handling? Sensors? Actuators?"
Drake looks over to the pile of wreckage that is his power armor. "Just repairs I think. It's running fine save a bunch of structural integrity warnings taking up most of the HUD." Drake answers. About then Drake's stomach growls. Yeah, Yeah, I'm working on it. Drake thinks. "I'm gonna scrounge up some food, apparently I haven't eaten in a while." Drake says, says before heading back to his room and making use of his small kitchenette to make one of the MREs in his pack.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage. EP
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Beckett »

((rolls carried over))

"We can definitely do the repairs. It's quite possible Vera may let us use her gadget for reconstruction. It may be quicker, from what I can tell it's an energy to matter converter." She looks at the suit a bit more, "Otherwise, I'll head over to one of the shops in MercTown and grab the materials from there."
Drake wrote:"I'm gonna scrounge up some food, apparently I haven't eaten in a while."
"Food?" She says out loud, "That's a good idea!" Picking up the star heart, she places it in a pocket of her overalls. "Pieter usually has the kitchen well stocked. I'll make something for everyone to eat."

She leads drake into the rest of the building, where there are office spaces, conference rooms, and a full fledged kitchen. "Let me see what we have in here?" She starts looking through the cupboards and cold boxes. Pulling out ingredients of all sorts. "How much do you think Twonjym can eat?" She starts places a couple of pots on burners. "How good are you with a knife?" Without letting Drake get a word, she hands him a cutting board a few onions and a knife. "Dice it up!"

"So tell me about you," as she starts make a tomato sauce. "Are you looking for a new unit?" IF Drake seems interested, she starts to explain how MARS operates. "We are a subsidiary of the mercenary group form known as Paragon Acquisition Services. We have roles and responsibilities, and everyone has a say. We elect a leader for every mission, and are into profit sharing."

The smells of the
Cook -- 1d100: [34] = 34 / 75%
are starting to fill the air
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: MARS PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Drake »

((Rolls Carried Over))

Cooking 1d100: [1] = 1 /65% (To assist in cooking)

Beckett wrote:"Food?" She says out loud, "That's a good idea!" Picking up the star heart, she places it in a pocket of her overalls. "Pieter usually has the kitchen well stocked. I'll make something for everyone to eat."
Drake is only mildly shocked by Sam's response, but quickly just goes with it.
Beckett wrote:She leads drake into the rest of the building, where there are office spaces, conference rooms, and a full fledged kitchen. "Let me see what we have in here?" She starts looking through the cupboards and cold boxes. Pulling out ingredients of all sorts. "How much do you think Twonjym can eat?" She starts places a couple of pots on burners. "How good are you with a knife?" Without letting Drake get a word, she hands him a cutting board a few onions and a knife. "Dice it up!"

"So tell me about you," as she starts make a tomato sauce. "Are you looking for a new unit?" IF Drake seems interested, she starts to explain how MARS operates. "We are a subsidiary of the mercenary group form known as Paragon Acquisition Services. We have roles and responsibilities, and everyone has a say. We elect a leader for every mission, and are into profit sharing."

The smells of the are starting to fill the air
Cutting board in hand, and onions on top, Drake looks for some free counter space. "My knife skills are excellent, though my cooking skills are only middling." Drake says as he looks for a chefs knife. Drake begins to finely dice the onions, showing off fine blade skills (Crit Success). Drake begins to move around the kitchen looking for other things that need done to make the meal. "Twojym, he probably eats two to three times what a normal human might. I'm not a good example of that as I'm used to going without food for days at a time if need be." Drake answers.

"I've been a mercenary for several years, worked mostly out west until recently, like the last few years. I was working with AAPS for a few months, but things happened and we parted ways. Nothing wrong, just needed to take care of personal things. I was slowly making my way back to MercTown when I ran into your group at that lab." Drake finishes, obviously omitting the fact he's a cyber-knight.

"I guess I could use a new gig." Drake says with a modicum of interest. Drake listens to Sam go on about the organization. "Sounds a bit more structured than my last few gigs. Though I'm not scared away by that either." Drake says as he continues to help with the meal.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage. EP
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Twonjym »

Perception: 68% 1d100: [47] = 47
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 1d100: [17] = 17

Conditions: Personal MDC: 152/62; NG-P7 eclip 8/5

Twonjym drops his borrowed group gear as well as the N-F10A Light Force Field he picked up as they were descending into the underground complex. He gives a chuckle as Sam talks about repairs to battle damaged gear, "Yeah, that's not gonna happen. My armor is scattered around that hell hole in chips and molten slag."

Following suit, Jim heads off to his room after depositing the gear. Stripping down, he heads into the bathroom to get cleaned up. He chuckles a little bit as he glances at the small tub. "Frak. I would kill for a bath. Might have to spend some creds on getting remodel. Or maybe just a hot tub out in the hanger." He calls Pepe in and washes off the Robo-Wolf first, then he squeezes into the shower and washes the blood and dirt from himself, being careful of his wounds.

Pulling on a clean set of jeans, Twonjym heads out into the common areas. "Pepe, stay in the compound and outta the private rooms. If you want something come find me."
The Dynamic Duo wrote:"How much do you think Twonjym can eat?"...."Twojym, he probably eats two to three times what a normal human might."
Poking his head into the kitchen, Jim says, "Did someone holler me? I though I hear my name. Say, that smells great. If'n you tell me you're just doing your laundry, I'm gonna be pissed....or your gonna be missing some laundry." He gives his species characteristic grin as he leans against the door frame.
Last edited by Twonjym on Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Beckett »

((rolls carried over))

"No eating clothing here," Samantha says with a chuckle. "But we are serving family style, so its a sorta help yourself with how much you want to eat. Take some, let others get some. And if there is any left overs you can have a duel outside."

Samantha puts some root vegetables in the oven to cook, "So Sheriff, Drake was mentioning to me, he used to work out west, and then he was a member of AAPS, one of our competitors. And he parted ways a few months back due to some personal issues." She turns back around after closing the hot oven. "Which is their loss, and our gain, dontchya say? Anyways, why don't you tell him what part of the west you have been, and how you came to MercTown?"

After Twonjym explains his past, and if asked about hers, Samantha opens up. "Oddly enough, I'm from out west as well. A place called Denver. But after a while of sorting out history here I have come to the conclusion that I am from your past, or an alternate past. We had just defeated the Robotech Masters, an alien race." She let's that sink in, "Yeah! Aliens! They had 30 foot tall mecha and fast space ships, anyways..." She stops herself from rambling about their technology. "We were launching space ships for evacuations, and I was caught back here on the ground. Being chased by Demons, when I accidentally traveled through a rift. That's how I landed here at MercTown. It was being over run by Demons itself. I was able to fight alongside the Heroes for Hire, A.A.P.S., M.AR.S., and even the CS. MARS was kind enough to offer a home, and I have been here ever since."
Quantum
H.P.: 49 / 49 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Vera Morozov »

Perception: 1d100: [86] = 86 / 44%
JiC d100: 1d100: [23] = 23 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [14] = 14
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
As Vera enters the MARS compound, the first thing she does is make good on her word and get to the room she had been using before, and reattaching her wings.
Lack of maneuverability or no underground, I am not parting with my missiles again,
she thinks to herself before making her way to the others.

As such, she doesn't enter the more spacious common ground area until partway through the conversation. Rather, she finds herself standing behind Twonjym as he leans in the doorway.
Beckett wrote:"No eating clothing here," Samantha says with a chuckle. "But we are serving family style, so its a sorta help yourself with how much you want to eat. Take some, let others get some. And if there is any left overs you can have a duel outside."
"One has to be able to enter the room first before taking their fill," she comments lightly, the large frame of both her and the Grackletooth too large to allow for easy passage with Jym in the doorway. Her helmet has been removed, and her somewhat plain features on show for the first time for what feels like a week. The woman gives a smile to the others, her demeanor shifted slightly away from the serious-soldiery types now that there weren't waves of demons around every corner. As Twonjym enters, she will as well, taking care not to rub against the doorway.

Taking a small portion for herself, she sits cross-legged on the floor as she eats whatever food is made, nodding in satisfaction at the well-made meal. She listens intently to the D-Bee and Samantha as they speak, if they are inclined/asked to do so.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!
M.D.C.
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: Destroyed!/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: Destroyed!/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 24/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.
M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 67/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Giant-Sized Vibro-Blades: 1d4x10 M.D.; Range: Melee
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Twonjym »

(Rolls held)

Twonjym chuckles, "Can't get more than what your little human plates can hold. But it ain't no worries. I'm used to make'n returns trips to the grub line. Or going and getting more eats elsewhere." He moves out of the doorway for a moment so Vera can enter, but goes back to hovering as he's not quite sure if the food is ready yet or not as Sam still seems to be prepping things. Jeez. I grew up around humans. I ain't no D-bee fresh outta a rift.
Sam wrote:"Anyways, why don't you tell him what part of the west you have been, and how you came to MercTown?"
Jim gives a look over to Drake, "Okay. Lets see. I was bred up on a ranch in the Barony of Testament, where my ma and pops worked. I got a little free wheelin' in my youth when I started mess'in around with guns. Caused a little trouble here and there but nothing to really raise a fuss about but it caught the Sheriff's eye in East Range and he roped my into being a deputy. Next thing I know, I'm married with a more than handful of kids. Some of'um that're just about grown and I've been the Sheriff of East Range for a score of years." He has an inward look for a moment, Winny, we had a good life, happy for the most part. Jim picks the story back up, "I got it kinda backwards from most of my kind and settled down early in life, almost as soon as I met my sweet Winnexa. Most'a my people usually don't settle down until they're closer to my age. Hell, Winnexa and I were talk'n about having one last brood when she got sick."

Jim pauses and you can hear him take a deep breath and he winces a little as the wounds in his chest stretch out, but after a moment he continues, "She passed away a few years back. After that, I started to get an itch to go roaming and see a bit more of the world. So my oldest daughter and her husband took over the ol homestead and I took to wondering east until I landed here." He gives them both a grin and makes a point of sniffing the air. "Smell almost ready."

When Sam gives her account of arriving in Merctown, Jim says, "I've rode past the ruins of Denver. At least that's what the scout called'm but I ain't heard tell of any of that other stuff. Could be you're as much of a d-bee as I am." He gives a little chuckle.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Beckett »

((rolls carried over))

"This last year, I ended up taking a trip out to Denver to see what was left." She sighs and she puts the pasta into a huge bowl."I wasn't able to find anything that was a remnant of the people I once served with."

"Drake, can you pour that meat sauce into a bowl, so folks can dish themselves..." She changes the subject for efficiency.

"Where was I... So that made me pretty sure, that I wasn't part of this timeline." As she ducks her head into the oven and pulls out the root vegetables that seemed to be cooked all the way. "Don't get me wrong, I'm not one hundred percent sure. But after talking to Pieter and Thoar, this is what I have come up with."

Wow, this is getting a bit too much, She thinks to herself as she sets some more food on the counter. "So, let's get this topic on a little less depressing. Twonjym, you said your in need of new armor. Vera, your not wearing yours. I know MercTown has a good selection of shops, let's get you guys new armor. If you need weapons, we should get that as well."
Quantum
H.P.: 49 / 49 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Twonjym »

[rolls held over]

Yeah, that was a little more than I intended too. Oh well, its out there now. Twonjym gives a little sigh and a shake of his head as he moves into the room and takes Sam's lead on the new topic of conversation. "Yeah, that homespun drek was okay but now that I got some creds..." He gives a chuckle, "I hear tell that NG has a, hehe, giant suit that'll fit me. Or I could go for that big boy titan juicer suit. Maybe they could even custom up a helmet that'll fit me and do sum'thin for my tail."

Jim takes a modest portion of the noodles, sauce and veggies and yet still manages to fill the plate that looks like a saucer in his large hand. "As far as weapons. I can always use more. Couple NG Long pistols, sumthin conventional but heavy duty. Maybe even sumthin really heavy duty that I can keep on a servo-harness. May reckon a grenade or mini-missile launcher." He gives a hearty chuckle as he finds a seat and starts eating, taking small, well mannered bites and never talking with food in his mouth. This may surprise some or be a hint at his age and the fact that he was married for over forty years.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [58] = 58 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [73] = 73

Minerva heads straight for her fairly new quarters and strips out of her armor and clothing. Heading straight for the shower, she gets herself clean from the day's hard work while thinking about what would have happened if they had failed.
But we didn't fail.
As the soapy water sloughs the sweat and dead skin from her body, she thinks about the courageousness of her teammates and the injuries and losses sustained during the battle.
Rocky lost an arm. The Sheriff was run through with a demon spear. The facility lost many many lives including those dedicated to saving the rest. It is good to be in the presence of true heroes.


When she's done with her shower, she will put on a
Image
and head to chat with the others.
Rest can wait.


The smell of a delicious meal hits her senses and she walks a little faster to the rest of the team. "What is this I smell? And when will it be ready? It takes a lot of fuel to keep this body moving."

She walks up to Jym and puts her hand on his shoulder. "We make a great team, Sheriff. I've got a little bit of juice left. Can I help with your wound?" Her eyes drop down to where the spear stuck through Jym. If he agrees, she'll lay hands on the site of the injury and send healing energy from her mind, down her arms and into his injury. (Touch of Health: 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60 MDC, -15 ISP).
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
Image
User avatar
Clear and Present Danger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 8:56 am
Location: Merctown

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Clear and Present Danger »

Beckett wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:56 pm
Samantha walks into the hangar and places the bag of weapons on the table. "Pieter, we're home!" She yells out for the Techno-Wizard turned mercenary business agent. "Pay day, and loot!" As she waits for the Techno-Wizard to come out, she pulls off her helmet and explains to the rest of the MARS adventuring team. "We are back, to base. For those who haven't worked with us before, I'm going to make it short and sweet."

"First thing we do, is lock up our gear and get cleaned up. While we are getting cleaned up, Pieter or someone in team management will go over the items we bring back. They will assign a cost value to the item, if at all possible. Make sure if it's worth keeping, and not some sort of demonic soul or troubled soul stuck in it." Shaking her head remembering the argument she had with some of the other members in the past over keeping a sentient evil item. "The next day or so we will provide mission pay, and if someone wants a particular item they can acquire it from their mission pay at cut rate prices."

"For those who need repairs to equipment, armor, weapons and what not. I'll start assessing battle damage and prioritizing based on seriousness, and supplies on hand."

Drake! She almost forgets about the Cyberknight. "Drake, you don't have a bunk area yet. Let's get you set up with one." She looks around the hangar at the storage containers and looks for which one is currently empty. She points to a container, "That one over there is yours to stay in for right now. You can get cleaned up and changed in there. We modified containers to be machine shops, and bedrooms."
As Sam is giving her introductory shpeal, Pieter makes himself known. He is wearing a work apron and pushing a plastic cart. He begins going through the bag of munitions and gear, making small piles, asserting them by type and condition. When the cart is full he will wheel it out of the room, towards the armory, shortly returning with an empty cart to repeat the process.

During a quiet moment, Pieter will welcome Sam and the team back to home base and give a quick rundown of the status of the building. ”Not much to report here, all has been quiet.” He pauses and remembers something. ”There was a man who stopped by a few days ago looking for you.” He motions to Sam. ”but he didn’t leave his name. And:” Pieter reaches onto the cart and retrieves an envelope. The name Minerva Grace is written in fairly impressive handwriting on the front. The envelope is sealed when Pieter hands it to Minerva. ”This has been waiting for you for about 4 days now.”

The message in the envelope is a handwritten note in impressive script. It reads:
Letter to Minerva wrote:Minerva Grace,
My name is Broderick Maethson. I. Understand that your team is currently indisposed. As soon as you return I. would appreciate it if you could reach out to me.I currently hold a room at the Kingmar Resort and shall for some time. The topic of our mutual business is sensitive, so. I appreciate your understanding if I am vague as to my reason for reaching out. I look forward to our meeting at your earliest convenience,
Broderick Maethson
Once Minerva has had a chance to relax, she will also check her communication channels. A short message from an old friend friend is waiting in her inbox from 5 days prior. She immediately recognizes Lahz’s voice on the audio message. He is short and succinct, but a measure of concern can be heard from her previous boss’es voice. ”Diamond, I doubt you need it, but I want to give you a heads up: A bounty hunter has been sniffing around town looking for you. I don’t know why, but he is being payed well to find you. Keep an eye out.” The message ends.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Beckett »

Perception: 1d100: [64] = 64 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [1] = 1 | 1d100: [49] = 49

When Samantha gets Pieter alone, "A man was looking for me? I wonder what that's about. Well I do have something to discuss with you." She talks to the Techno-Wizard about the last mission, "Pieter, we had some issues on the last mission. Let's go to your workshop" After they enter his workshop, she places the canister down on the table. "The Star Heart, I wish you were there. You may have been able to make sense of things. But that facility was warded up. Demons couldn't come or go, until the Star Heart and this woman broke the wards." Picking up the canister and twirling it around, "Once we were able to get the wards back online, it started glowing again and broke more wards." She opens the container and pulls the stone out. "We are going to have to run it through another series of tests again. I am really concerned. Heck, I felt like everyone at the gate had their eyes on me as well because of it. It's changing, and I need to understand it."


Knowledge Libraries from Phase World: Artificial Intelligence, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robot Electronics, Robot Mechanics, Starship Engineering, Weapons Engineering, Know: Crystal Technology, Gravitics, FTL, Phase Technology
DiSCuS XII (+24%: Engineering Skills) -- Bonus is not added in
Computer Operation -- 1d100: [24] = 24 / 122%
Computer Programming -- 1d100: [87] = 87 / 101%
Artificial Intelligence -- 1d100: [79] = 79 / 68%
Basic Electronics -- 1d100: [8] = 8 / 85%
Electrical Engineer -- 1d100: [55] = 55 / 100%
Robot Electronics -- 1d100: [46] = 46 / 100%
Mechanical Engineer -- 1d100: [64] = 64 / 100%
Basic Mechanics -- 1d100: [96] = 96 / 105%
Mecha Engineering -- 1d100: [13] = 13 / 105%
Weapons Engineer -- 1d100: [56] = 56 / 80%
Robotechnology Engineering -- 1d100: [22] = 22 / 100%
Vehicle Armorer -- 1d100: [27] = 27 / 95%
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Twonjym »

Perception: 68% 1d100: [5] = 5
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 1d100: [32] = 32

Conditions: Personal MDC: 152/62; NG-P7 eclip 8/5


Twonjym swallows down the bite he was working on and takes a drink of water before he turns to Minerva, "Bueno, I really appreciate it, but save your mojo. I heal up pretty quick. If we get close to our next mission and I ain't a hundred percent yet, I'll let you know. But yeah, we do make a pretty good team. Cover a lotta each others weaknesses." He tucks back into his food, eating slowly and savoring the flavor of everything.

"I sure am gonna enjoy my bed tonight. There ain't nothing quite like a good sleep after a filling meal." Provided what we saw down in the facility doesn't haunt our dreams. He shrugs a little in between bites, "I guess tomorrow I'm gonna head into town and check on Rocky. See if he's healing up alright before I get a little shopping done. Armor and weapons and all the good stuff."
Healing Rolls
Fast Healing: Recovers M.D.C. at a rate of 2d6 per 12 hours
2d6: [1, 5] = 6
2d6: [1, 2] = 3
2d6: [4, 6] = 10
2d6: [4, 5] = 9
2d6: [4, 6] = 10
2d6: [5, 5] = 10
2d6: [6, 5] = 11
2d6: [5, 6] = 11
2d6: [4, 1] = 5
2d6: [5, 1] = 6
2d6: [2, 2] = 4
2d6: [4, 5] = 9
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Beckett »

(( rolls carried over ))

Samantha eats some more of the pasta, Not bad for something tossed together. She listens to Jym and Minerva about doing well. "Yes, you all did quite well on this last mission. We survived, with minimal injuries. We received our pay for a successful mission. We found out which of the new recruits were able to hang with the rest." She pauses for a moment as she thinks about the next set of words. "All in all, I'd call it a success. Which means, we should start talking business. Do we want to do it here informally, or something more formal?" She asks the group.

If the group decides to do it informally, she continues on. Otherwise Samantha waits for the dishes to be clear and everyone at the ready. "So, some mission house keeping. We received 8 million credits for this job. Rocky and I borrowed funds from the team capital and will be repaying our share back with the proceeds from this mission." She tries to be up front, and give the team an idea of how they too can 'borrow' funds if needed.

"Now, we have four members that went into the depths of the facility. Twonjym, Minerva, Rocky, and myself. Hazel and Marvin both entered the facility, but ended up having to go back up to the surface to help out. We also received several items that we salvaged. We will sell them to team members first, then try to pawn them off in town for more funds." Samantha goes over the items and how much they are worth to the team.

  • Demon Bone Pole Arm (spear) -- 1d6*10 MD [Magically Enchanted: Returning] | 50,000cr
  • Demon Bone Pole Arm (spear) -- 1d6*10 MD [Magically Enchanted: Returning] | 50,000cr
  • Demon Bone Pole Arm (spear) -- 6D6 / 6D6 Lightning (2 per melee) MD [Magically Enchanted: Lightning] | 50,000cr
  • Vibro-Sword (Giant Sized) -- 3D6 MD (Guess based on Vibro Axe Triax 2 pg 104) | 7,000cr
  • Vibro-Sword (Giant Sized) -- 3D6 MD (Guess based on Vibro Axe Triax 2 pg 104) | 7,000cr
  • Vibro-Sword (Giant Sized) -- 3D6 MD (Guess based on Vibro Axe Triax 2 pg 104) | 7,000cr
  • Vibro-Sword (Giant Sized) -- 3D6 MD (Guess based on Vibro Axe Triax 2 pg 104) | 7,000cr
  • Vibro-Sword (Giant Sized) -- 3D6 MD (Guess based on Vibro Axe Triax 2 pg 104) | 7,000cr
  • Vibro-Sword (Giant Sized) -- 3D6 MD (Guess based on Vibro Axe Triax 2 pg 104) | 7,000cr
  • Blood Rifle (Broken) | Unknown


"So, we always make sure that we provide repair and restock to the team. Then we go through, provide a share for the company, and split the remaining. Looking at the damage, I feel fairly comfortable issuing out 1,500,000cr to each member that went into the depths of the facility. Rocky and I would take a little less to pay back the team funds we borrowed." Samantha looks at Vera and Drake, "Do either of you want to petition to join MARS? If so, it will require a vote by the members."

If the team decides to vote, Samantha starts off, "Now as part of the charter, I don't have a vote except in times of a tie. Rocky is not here, so the votes are between the three of you. I do have a voice and, I'd like to say that both Vera and Drake showed extreme courage through the battle. And that if we do decide bring them on, we should offer a sign-on bonus. This is not something we normally do, but since we could not pay them for the mission we just had; a sign-on bonus would do instead. If you decide to go that route, my thoughts are 250,000cr sign on bonus."
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [10] = 10 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [83] = 83
Clear and Present Danger wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:16 pm
The message in the envelope is a handwritten note in impressive script. It reads:
Letter to Minerva wrote:Minerva Grace,
My name is Broderick Maethson. I. Understand that your team is currently indisposed. As soon as you return I. would appreciate it if you could reach out to me.I currently hold a room at the Kingmar Resort and shall for some time. The topic of our mutual business is sensitive, so. I appreciate your understanding if I am vague as to my reason for reaching out. I look forward to our meeting at your earliest convenience,
Broderick Maethson
Once Minerva has had a chance to relax, she will also check her communication channels. A short message from an old friend friend is waiting in her inbox from 5 days prior. She immediately recognizes Lahz’s voice on the audio message. He is short and succinct, but a measure of concern can be heard from her previous boss’es voice. ”Diamond, I doubt you need it, but I want to give you a heads up: A bounty hunter has been sniffing around town looking for you. I don’t know why, but he is being payed well to find you. Keep an eye out.” The message ends.
Minerva pours over the message and racks her memory for any recollection of a Broderick Maethson. Barring anything coming to mind, Minerva moves on to the message from Ace of the Spook Squad.
¿Un cazarrecompensas? ¿Para mí? Pero estoy a un continente de mi vida anterior. No podrían haberme rastreado hasta aquí. Aún así, es mejor que descanse y abordo esto con precaución. Ser un Neo no me hace invencible.
A bounty hunter? For me? But I am a continent away from my previous life. They could not have tracked me here. Still, best I rest up and approach this with caution. Being a Neo does not make me invincible.
Twonjym wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:29 pmTwonjym swallows down the bite he was working on and takes a drink of water before he turns to Minerva, "Bueno, I really appreciate it, but save your mojo. I heal up pretty quick. If we get close to our next mission and I ain't a hundred percent yet, I'll let you know. But yeah, we do make a pretty good team. Cover a lotta each others weaknesses."
"Very well, Sheriff. Don't go dying on me now."

Minerva grabs herself a plate of pasta and settles into dinner with her new teammates. When Beckett brings up business, Minerva finishes up her meal and then listens in. At the end, she says "If it weren't for Vera, that demon bull would be eating our bones right now. And if it weren't for Drake, that thing would still have it's head, no? I vote yes to both."

Once that spot of business is done, Minerva brings up the messages that she received. She starts by reading the card outloud to the table. Then the message from Ace. "Do we think they may be one and the same? If so, might I humbly request some assistance in dealing with this? I believe I will take a few days before I reply. I will need my strength if I am indeed being hunted."
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
Image
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Beckett »

((rolls carried over))
Minerva wrote:Once that spot of business is done, Minerva brings up the messages that she received. She starts by reading the card out loud to the table. Then the message from Ace. "Do we think they may be one and the same? If so, might I humbly request some assistance in dealing with this? I believe I will take a few days before I reply. I will need my strength if I am indeed being hunted."
"Only one mission, and already asking for help." Samantha smiles with a little chuckle, "I don't know what kind of trouble your in. But you should be safe in our facility. I know we are a mercenary company, but we don't need to be so.... Mercenary." She stands up, "Get some rest, everyone." She looks around to everyone that is around, "Get some rest, and I'll have Pieter set the security system to max. When you find out more, bring it back to us so we can provide options."


The Security System for MARS is equivalent to "Tight" in the Rifts: Mercenaries p15.

HIGHLIGHTS
1. Alert Security Guards
2. Electronic Alarms
3. Roving Patrols
4. 24/7 Watch Guard
5. Whole camp is considered in a readiness state
6. Rigid check of possible employees reduce chance of infiltration
7. Supernatural Safeguards have security teams familiar with supernatural and magical occurrences.
8. Magical Wards of Alarms or incapacitation magic strategically placed - Note: The flavor text says we have this, and I remember us paying for it. But it doesn't seem to be part of the "Tight" and is part of Iron-Clad. I can pull the previous GM to see if he remembers what was purchased, if so desired. Otherwise, we can look at paying for it.
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Twonjym »

[rolls held]

Conditions: Personal MDC: 152/62; NG-P7 eclip 8/5
OOC Comments
Looks like it will talk me 6 days to heal.
Sam wrote:If the team decides to vote, Samantha starts off, "Now as part of the charter, I don't have a vote except in times of a tie. Rocky is not here, so the votes are between the three of you. I do have a voice and, I'd like to say that both Vera and Drake showed extreme courage through the battle. And that if we do decide bring them on, we should offer a sign-on bonus. This is not something we normally do, but since we could not pay them for the mission we just had; a sign-on bonus would do instead. If you decide to go that route, my thoughts are 250,000cr sign on bonus."
Twonjym gives a toothy smile and chuckles, then raises a hand to shoulder level with a couple of fingers up and gives it a little wave/salute, "If they wanna come on, then I'm all for it. Sign on bonus too. I reckon we should offer to pay for their armor repairs after that mess we were in." He holds his grin and gives a nod to each of the current MARS members, as is suggesting they should agree.
Minerva wrote:Once that spot of business is done, Minerva brings up the messages that she received. She starts by reading the card out loud to the table. Then the message from Ace. "Do we think they may be one and the same? If so, might I humbly request some assistance in dealing with this? I believe I will take a few days before I reply. I will need my strength if I am indeed being hunted."
Jim's grin holds, "I'm with ya one hundred percent. After a few days rest up, we''ll both be in a better state to sort this matter out. I'm think'in we should start with Maethson. If'n there dealin with one in the same thing, he should be able to give you some answers. Otherwise, we pin down the bounty hunter and request some answers from them." He gives his head a little shake, "Bounty hunters. Wanna play lawman but only see dollar signs and never think about the why. We should be careful with them."
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Beckett »

((Rolls carried forward))

“Excellent, Twonjym and Minerva. Since Rocky is not here to cast his vote.”. She shrugs and continues, “You would have out voted him anyways. Vera and Drake, welcome aboard. We will provide repairs for quick turnaround. Along with E-Clip recharging.”

She slides several unsecure cred sticks to each member. “Here is your pay, and a sign on bonuses for our new recruits.”

Clear and Present Danger, please issue out the following credits
1.50 Million UC to Minerva and Jym
1.33 Million UC to Rocky and Sam
250k UC to Drake and Vera


I'll need to hit MercTown State Bank and convert these to NGMI credits. Everything, everyone has told me, UC isn't the currency for everyone.
Quantum
H.P.: 49 / 49 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Vera Morozov »

Perception: 1d100: [30] = 30 / 44%
JiC d100: 1d100: [93] = 93 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [15] = 15
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Beckett wrote:"So, we always make sure that we provide repair and restock to the team. Then we go through, provide a share for the company, and split the remaining. Looking at the damage, I feel fairly comfortable issuing out 1,500,000cr to each member that went into the depths of the facility. Rocky and I would take a little less to pay back the team funds we borrowed." Samantha looks at Vera and Drake, "Do either of you want to petition to join MARS? If so, it will require a vote by the members."
Vera sets down her plate, the cyborg eerily still as she thinks on that.
Off one outfit and with another so soon? I don't know if my old platoon leader would be ashamed of how quickly I've been moving or proud of how much my abilities are appreciated. Still, I did work well with them before, and I could do more here than travelling aimlessly.


She then nods. "да. I think it's quite evident that we work well together, and I'd rather have a base of operations I can return to, rather than travelling without direction or reason. If your team will have me, I will join."
Minerva wrote:Minerva grabs herself a plate of pasta and settles into dinner with her new teammates. When Beckett brings up business, Minerva finishes up her meal and then listens in. At the end, she says "If it weren't for Vera, that demon bull would be eating our bones right now. And if it weren't for Drake, that thing would still have it's head, no? I vote yes to both."
Twonjym wrote:Twonjym gives a toothy smile and chuckles, then raises a hand to shoulder level with a couple of fingers up and gives it a little wave/salute, "If they wanna come on, then I'm all for it. Sign on bonus too. I reckon we should offer to pay for their armor repairs after that mess we were in." He holds his grin and gives a nod to each of the current MARS members, as is suggesting they should agree.
Beckett wrote:Excellent, Twonjym and Minerva. Since Rocky is not here to cast his vote.” She shrugs and continues, “You would have out voted him anyways. Vera and Drake, welcome aboard. We will provide repairs for quick turnaround. Along with E-Clip recharging.”

She slides several unsecure cred sticks to each member. “Here is your pay, and a sign on bonuses for our new recruits.”
Having heard the worth of the items the team had salvaged, she holds up her hand as Samantha begins to pass the cred stick to her. "Please, only give me part of the sign-on bonus. I'd like to take possession of a pair of those polearms your group managed to take. They'd be more useful to us in my hands than they do as a bit of credits in my account. I'd like to have time to get acquainted with their weight and size, as well, since it seems my old polearm may not be up to the task for future missions."

She pauses then, a thought crossing her mind, the memory of taking the hits to her armor that ruined the work Hazel put in to paint it. "Speaking of preparing for future missions, where did you purchase your force fields? I'd like to get one of my own installed into my systems."
I also need to purchase another set of armor. I left the ruined set back with the medics.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!
M.D.C.
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: Destroyed!/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: Destroyed!/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 24/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.
M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 67/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Giant-Sized Vibro-Blades: 1d4x10 M.D.; Range: Melee
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Minerva »

((Rolls held over))
Beckett wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:37 pm"Only one mission, and already asking for help." Samantha smiles with a little chuckle, "I don't know what kind of trouble your in. But you should be safe in our facility. I know we are a mercenary company, but we don't need to be so.... Mercenary." She stands up, "Get some rest, everyone." She looks around to everyone that is around, "Get some rest, and I'll have Pieter set the security system to max. When you find out more, bring it back to us so we can provide options."
Twonjym wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:31 amJim's grin holds, "I'm with ya one hundred percent. After a few days rest up, we''ll both be in a better state to sort this matter out. I'm think'in we should start with Maethson. If'n there dealin with one in the same thing, he should be able to give you some answers. Otherwise, we pin down the bounty hunter and request some answers from them." He gives his head a little shake, "Bounty hunters. Wanna play lawman but only see dollar signs and never think about the why. We should be careful with them."
"Thank you both. I'm happy to be in the presence of such fierce and kind folks such as yourselves. Also, thank you for the money. More never hurts. I will retire to my quarters and get some rest then. I should be in fighting shape in three days. If anyone wants to take a look at Klingmar Resort for me in the meantime, it could shed some light on…our situation."

Whenever the meeting is over, Minerva heads to her room and begins to meditate.
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
Image
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: MARS PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Drake »

Perception: 1d100: [37] = 37 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [4] = 4 ; 1d100: [63] = 63
Conditions: None.

Sewing 1d100: [90] = 90 /50% (Maintenance his clothes)
General Repair & Maintenance 1d100: [9] = 9 /70% (Maintenance his non-armor/weapons equipment)
Field Armorer 1d100: [49] = 49 /75% (Maintenance his Armor/Weapons (Not the Little Brother))
Wilderness Survival 1d100: [96] = 96 /65% (Repack his kit for best results)


Drake agrees with wanting to work with MARS, but says little else, and only mildly smiles when the vote is cast. Drake finishes his meal, and goes about washing the dishes as needed. Once things are cleaned up, he makes his way back to his room to perform equipment maintenance, darning socks, checking fasteners, repacking his kit. To Drake this is meditative, and for the most part a formality, but he likes to keep a series of grounded habits.
Once he's done, Drake will wander the compound, just making notes of things, but not really doing anything of import.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage. EP
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Beckett »

(( rolls carried over ))
Vera wrote:"Speaking of preparing for future missions, where did you purchase your force fields? I'd like to get one of my own installed into my systems."
Samantha speaks up, "Naruni. Naruni has some pretty impressive forcefields. Given enough time and resources, I probably could create one based on some designs we had for space ships." She thinks for a moment, "Maybe there is something in the manuals I purchased as well. But much easier to purchase something. If you need it installed on your body armor, I can do so for free. It just takes a bit of time."

When the evening starts to wind down, Samantha calls out to Twonjym. "Sheriff! Got a moment?" She walks over to him, and walks out to the Hangar. "Hey, I really appreciated your knowledge and ability out there. In fact, on the next mission I think you should probably lead." She waits for the Grackletooth to say something, and stops him. "Just listen, Rocky is in no shape to be XO or CO. Minerva has someone gunning for her. Drake is..." she tries to find the right word, "Odd? Vera is good, but she's all about the mission. And the CO needs a little bit of heart."

She walks him over to a covered vehicle, and pulls off the tarp. "I'm usually running around in the Logan. It's my mech. It is a rapid response fighter with some big guns. But it also has a sensor suite that probably rivals anything the CS has. That means, I'm not on the ground making the calls. I'm sitting up in the air and giving direction and fire support. You have a sharp mind, and I believe the skills to do it."

She looks Twonjym in the eye, "What do you think?"

Invoke Trust/Intimidate -- 1d100: [26] = 26 / 40%
Military: Etiquette -- 1d100: [64] = 64 / 100%
Quantum
H.P.: 49 / 49 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Twonjym »

[rolls held]

Twonjym nods to Minerva, "I'll heal regardless of what I do, though I should take it easy. I'm gonna turn in here in a bit but in the morning I'm gonna run by some stores and see what kinda shiny things I can find. While I'm meandering around town I can swing by Klingmar Resort and see what I can see." He finishes up eating and stands, going over the sink and taking care of his dishes. Jim ends up standing at the sink and washing up the pots and pans that were used as well as taking care of the dishes the other team members care over. He stands there taking care of the clean up as the discussion winds down.
Sam wrote:Samantha calls out to Twonjym. "Sheriff! Got a moment?"
When Sam calls out to him, Jim dries his hands and walks follows her, "Sure. I reckon I can keep my eyes open for a touch longer."

Jim listens as she leads him out and into the hangar. He ponders her question for a moment and is about to reply when she stops him. He chuckles a bit as she describes the other team members. When she says the CO needs a little heart, Jim smiles in earnest. He stays quiet when she walks over and pulls the tarp off of her Logan, continuing her speech.

When she asks what he thinks, Jim says, "I think that's a mighty fine mech." He chuckles, "But seriously. Thank you. I reckon I can go along with being CO, as long as the others are okay with it." He pauses briefly in thought, This ain't ready what I thought was gonna happen. I thought I'd be wandering around for a while. Maybe odd jobs and the rare strong arm job.

After a moment he chuckles again and says, "It'll be a lot like when I was wrangling my deputies."
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Beckett »

(( rolls carried over ))
Twonjym wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:21 pm When Sam calls out to him, Jim dries his hands and walks follows her, "Sure. I reckon I can keep my eyes open for a touch longer."

Jim listens as she leads him out and into the hangar. He ponders her question for a moment and is about to reply when she stops him. He chuckles a bit as she describes the other team members. When she says the CO needs a little heart, Jim smiles in earnest. He stays quiet when she walks over and pulls the tarp off of her Logan, continuing her speech.

When she asks what he thinks, Jim says, "I think that's a mighty fine mech." He chuckles, "But seriously. Thank you. I reckon I can go along with being CO, as long as the others are okay with it." He pauses briefly in thought, This ain't ready what I thought was gonna happen. I thought I'd be wandering around for a while. Maybe odd jobs and the rare strong arm job.

After a moment he chuckles again and says, "It'll be a lot like when I was wrangling my deputies."
"Well, thank you for staying on a while longer. With the past several years, the members have moved on. Leaving only Rocky and myself are active from when I joined. But Minerva, Vera, and even Drake they are good people. And we need to get a good understanding of what each can bring to the table." She smiles at the Grackletooth, "Now, let me deal with the others getting on board. Our charter allows us to elect leadership for every mission."

Stifling a yawn, Wow, I'm tired!. She looks at Twonjym and then to the barracks. "Well, I have a long day tomorrow with repairs. I'll catch up with you in the morning.
Quantum
H.P.: 49 / 49 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Clear and Present Danger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 8:56 am
Location: Merctown

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Clear and Present Danger »

Beckett wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:40 am When Samantha gets Pieter alone, "A man was looking for me? I wonder what that's about.”
Pieter frowns, trying to remember any details he can. ”When he found out you were out of town he left.” Pieter shrugs, stops himself and turns toward a nearby console. ”if I’m right… Yeas!” The TechnoWizard pulls up the compounds security coverage and accesses the archives. After a moment he manages to capture a figure ride up to the front of the compound on a horse and dismount. He approaches the main entrance and hits the intercom button. After a few moments you can see him say something to the intercom then turn around and leave. Pieter freezes the footages as the man turns, showing houses face. The man is older than the average merc, with a full grey beard. He has a weathered face that matched his worn but effective traveling garb. He has a gun belt on his hip and th butt of a rifle can be seen holstered into his mounts saddle. ”As soon as I told him you were not here, he left.” Pieter offers a small shrug.
Beckett wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:40 am ”Well I do have something to discuss with you." She talks to the Techno-Wizard about the last mission, "Pieter, we had some issues on the last mission. Let's go to your workshop" After they enter his workshop, she places the canister down on the table. "The Star Heart, I wish you were there. You may have been able to make sense of things. But that facility was warded up. Demons couldn't come or go, until the Star Heart and this woman broke the wards." Picking up the canister and twirling it around, "Once we were able to get the wards back online, it started glowing again and broke more wards." She opens the container and pulls the stone out. "We are going to have to run it through another series of tests again. I am really concerned. Heck, I felt like everyone at the gate had their eyes on me as well because of it. It's changing, and I need to understand it."
Pieter nods, his interest on other, minor troubles overshadowed by the item in front of him. ”Let us see if we can find anything then.” Pieter will begin assisting Samantha in running a full spectrum scan of the Star Heart. Being as thorough as Beckett wants, the process will take some time.

Discussions are had and new members sign onto the team.
The MARS Headquarters is put on high alert.
User avatar
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Vera Morozov »

Perception: 1d100: [20] = 20 / 44%
JiC d100: 1d100: [95] = 95 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [8] = 8
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Beckett wrote:Samantha speaks up, "Naruni. Naruni has some pretty impressive forcefields. Given enough time and resources, I probably could create one based on some designs we had for space ships." She thinks for a moment, "Maybe there is something in the manuals I purchased as well. But much easier to purchase something. If you need it installed on your body armor, I can do so for free. It just takes a bit of time."
Vera nods, finishing up the food and placing the dish into the sink to be cleaned.
Naruni Enterprises. I need to remember that. I should also find some more body armor. A bionics workshop should stand out easily enough.


She makes her way to the doorway, calling out, "I will take care of my shopping now, then, so that everything is ready in case we need it, especially if someone is looking for Minerva." With that, she leaves the facility to gather her admittedly short supplies from the markets in MercTown.

Headed to Naruni Enterprises Building

Returning from Bionic Weapons Masters

Vera makes her way back into the compound easily carrying her purchases, her strength making the bulky armor and easy to carry force field unit simple to carry. She sighs as she enters the main building.
I need rest. I may be cybernetic, but I'm still human too.
She will take her things back to her assigned dorm, placing them down and deciding that she would talk to Sam about getting everything installed, and possibly Hazel to get everything painted. Again.

Finding the bed again inadequate for her heavy frame, Vera sits cross-legged on the floor against one wall, closing her eyes and falling into a quick and fast sleep for the night.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!
M.D.C.
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: Destroyed!/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: Destroyed!/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 24/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.
M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 67/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Giant-Sized Vibro-Blades: 1d4x10 M.D.; Range: Melee
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: MARS PC
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Drake »

Perception: 1d100: [55] = 55 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [6] = 6 ; 1d100: [31] = 31
Conditions: None.

Drake thinks he has a good grasp of the M.A.R.S. Compound's layout, so he doesn't feel out of place. Drake thinks about what he needs to do for several long minutes. With a shrug, Drake grabs up an armload of gear and makes his way to his bike. If anyone asks where he's going. "Shopping, not sure where specifically, but definitely shopping." With that Drake makes his way out of the compound and off to the Arms Bazaar.

Shooters (114)
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage. EP
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [69] = 69 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 / 1d100: [84] = 84

Meditiation day 1:
10 AM. Minerva shuts the blackout curtains, sets the lights in her room to 20% and lights four candles. One for each cardinal direction. She places them down in a ring around her yoga mat. Making sure that she has bottles of water ready, she presses play on the endless relaxation playlist and steps into the circle. Sitting with her legs crossed and arms gently resting on her thighs, Minerva begins delving into her psyche to restore it.

Intrusive thoughts come quickly and Minerva bats them to the side just as quickly.
To spend time on the wandering thought is to deny the self.
She quickly makes her way to a place that brings her great joy. The meadows of Cordelia in the spring time. The rush of the reeds as she ran through them, the water trickling down the streams, the feeling of the sun on her face. This was a place where she could stay forever.

1 AM. Minerva lifts her arms, uncoils her legs and opens her eyes.
Shit. That went on longer than I thought. Time to get sleep.
Minerva blows out her candles, turns the lights down to 0%, climbs into her bed and dreams of the good life.

Meditation Day 2:
8 AM. Minerva awakes, heads to the kitchenette in her room to make herself a rather large meal. Four eggs, three medialuna de manteca, one and a half cups of roasted baby potatoes seasoned with rosemary, six strips of bacon and a pitcher of orange juice.

After eating, she goes right back into her meditations. This time, she goes as an outside observer to her time in the training grounds for the Achilles' Republic Armed Forces. A lineup of rocks varying in size. A young skinny
redhead
with a blindfold over her eyes waves her right hand horizontally at a slow pace.
No Martina. You must feel the presence of the stone much like you feel your own heartbeat.

You must know it as well as you know your siblings. You can only lift what you know, so you must know everything.

Be smarter than everything around you. That will be your true power.

The mutant Capybara instructing her walks on its two feet to the other side of her and watches. Young blindfolded Martina reaches out and the lineup of rocks begins to quiver. A medium sized one lifts three inches from the ground and then is set back down.
"Again."

She lifts the same rock the same distance.
"Again."

She lifts the same rock the same distance. After the fourth try, Minerva the Observer remembers why she is here.
Strength beyond strength.
This is the day she learned to weightlift with her mind.
"Again."

10 PM. Minerva lifts her arms, uncoils her legs and opens her eyes. "Fuerza. I can feel it." She brushes her teeth, puts her hair up for the night and heads to bed.

Meditation Day 3:
6:15 AM. Minerva awakes, dresses in her exercise garments and does some stretches. She then lifts some weights and practices her kickboxing techniques on a dummy. When she's gotten her fill, she heads back to her room and set up her meditation circle once more. "Almost there. I can feel it."

9 AM. With the candles lit, the room dark and endless relaxation on repeat, Minerva once more delves into the depths of her mind. The intrusive thoughts are more difficult to fight this time and Minerva spends a few solid minutes thinking about men she likes.

She makes it past the meadows of Cordelia, the hidden training center for the Achilles' Republic Armed Forces and zooms in to a mattress on a floor. Two bodies under a sheet, still besides the small motions of breathing. Occasionally one would stroke the other's hair.
¿
"Do you think that I'm pretty Eva?"
?
"The prettiest, Graciela."

A small pause in the conversation over measured breaths.
¿
"Can we do this forever?"
?
"I will never leave you."

¿
"Promise?"
?
"Swear."

Minerva remembers this moment. It was the first time she truly felt held, truly felt love. It was also the first lie that ever mattered to her. Eva would leave only months later by way of a Cordoban missile attack. But that was not important now. This was love. This was power. Whole, happy and healthy.

1 AM. Minerva lifts her arms, uncoils her legs and opens her eyes. "You are my strength, my love." She gulps down her water bottle, stands up and blows out her candles. She rolls up her Yoga mat and places it in her laundry basket. She sets her lights to 0% and climbs into bed. "I am whole again."


Day 4:

9 AM. Minerva awakes, makes a quick breakfast and showers. Then she gets dressed in casual wear. She heads down to the rest of the facility to see what has transpired in the days she was busy. "Hola. Anything of note happen while I was away?"
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
Image
Post Reply

Return to “The Outskirts”