M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Dockside, Airport, and outskirts of MercTown.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Beckett
Group Leader

Re: M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)

Post by Beckett »

(( rolls carried over ))

Samantha smiled at Twonjym, "You do? Rocket Launcher's are nice. Is it a multi-shot weapon? If not, Pieter picked one back up during an attack at the swap meet." She pets the robotic dog, "You can put the rig on that workbench over there. Let me get some scan's of Pepe, so I can get the dimensions just right."

As she scans Pepe, This will be a fun little project, I hope it lives up to the Sheriff's idea of what he wants. She looks over at the Grackletooth putting the harness on the other table. This will be a good addition to his posse.
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Rocky »

Perception: 80% 1d100 1d100: 1d100: [63] = 63

JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: 1d20: [10] = 10 / d100: 1d100 1d100: 1d100: [88] = 88

Conditions:
OOC Comments
OOC Comments
Radiate Nature
o Range: 100' (12' for non-psychics)
o Duration: Constant
Sense Supernatural Evil
o Range: 1100' (+100')
o Duration: Permanent effect
o Identify Type:92% (+2%) 1d100 1d100: [35] = 35
o Track by Psychic Scent: 92% (+5%) 1d100 1d100: [46] = 46
Sense Magic Energy
o Range: 1,900' (+100')
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% (+2%) / 1d100 1d100: [72] = 72
• Range: 70’ (+5’) To pinpoint location of a presence
• Duration: Constant
• Automatically sense all presences
Intangibility

• Can become intangible and walk through solid objects.
• Horror Factor: 14
• Can change to ghost form and back up to 4 times per melee (each such change costs 1 action)
• Can carry 20 lbs. with him
Six Sense
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +6
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):+1
Insanity (12+): +3
Psionics (varies): +3
Horror Factor: +2
Illusions: 0
Battle of Will: 0
Mind Control:+4
Possession: +4

Rocky returns to the compound and eventually Greets everyone. showing of his new arm and making little jokes about it. 1d20: [10] = 10
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Beckett
Group Leader

Post by Beckett »

(( rolls carried over ))

After working on yet another project, Samantha takes some time in her quarters and get cleaned up. That's it for me today, I need a break. I wonder if someone made some dinner. Putting on a light jacket, she walks out of her room and head toward the common area. Rocky?... Did I hear Rocky?

With a little pep to her step, Samantha rounds the corner and looks at the master psychic. "Rocky?!?" Her words were a little louder than she anticipated. "Excuse me. Rocky? You have a new arm! Oh my god! Did they release you? It's only been like a couple of days." She doesn't let him really speak, as she asks another question, "Forget all that, so what's up with the wedding? When is it, where's my invite? Do I need to bring a plus one? And why the heck are you not with Jennifer?" With the bombarding of questions her minds drifts to her friend John Freeman. The Coalition Officer she had met when she first came to MercTown. I wonder if he's okay. And if I could take him to the wedding.

"We need a cake to celebrate your return. I'll go make a call and have some delivered!"

Phone call to bakery
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Rocky »

(( rolls carried over ))
Samantha rounds the corner and looks at the master psychic. "Rocky?!? "Excuse me. Rocky? You have a new arm! Oh my god! Did they release you? It's only been like a couple of days." "Forget all that, so what's up with the wedding? When is it, where's my invite? Do I need to bring a plus one? And why the heck are you not with Jennifer?""

Rocky responds to Samm showing off his new Arm, " First, Of course, you know me, can't keep me away from helping save the world. Second, Yes, they released me a few Hours ago. third or next, Wedding is on, Jennifer has that information to both of those. Finally I think she is on the cell phone out in the compound. "
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Twonjym »

Perception: 68% 1d100: [39] = 39
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 1d100: [76] = 76

Conditions: Personal MDC: 152/62

Twonjym grins at Sam, "Of course the rocket launcher is multi shot. I even got three extra mini missile clips." He chuckles like there was any doubt, "Got extra ammo drums for the grenade launcher as well." He puts the servo-harness up on the table. "Lets just start with point and shoot right now and see how Pepe does. Figure on two fire linked NG Long pistols. Huh, Maybe I should grab a laser sight too. You know, so he knows what he's shooting at."

Twonjym grins his toothy grin when Rocky shows up, "I reckon we won't be leave town soon as we got some stuff to sort out first. Might be a good time to go ahead and make an honest woman outta her." He holds his grin, We gotta figure out who that guy was asking after Sam and whatever's going on with Minerva.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Vera Morozov »

Perception: 1d100: [5] = 5 / 47%
JiC d100: 1d100: [97] = 97 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [11] = 11
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Vera awakens the next day, and begins her morning routine. Checking all of her systems, rebooting most of them to make sure there aren't any long-term errors building up, and checking the points of contact between what little flesh she still has and the metal, making sure no necrosis is taking place. After that, she stands, and over the course of the next hour works every joint, and inspects her wings for damage or dust and gingerly cleaning them.

With morning maintenance out of the way, she makes her way into the main floor, immediately making her way to the common room for some food. Once material needs are out of the way, she will seek Samantha and Hazel. What they find in the cyborg is slightly less rigid than while on the mission. She seems more relaxed, at least as much as a full 'borg can be. Approaching Samantha, who she happens to find first, she will greet her.
"You sleep well Samantha? I hope so, after what we went through on our assignment. How is Rocky doing? He was taken to the hospital, da?"

With casual conversation out of the way, she will proceed to ask,
"I meant to ask yesterday. Would it be possible for you to install a Force Field?"
She pauses, then, thinking.
I wanted to get it on my new armor, but it might be better to get it installed on my own systems, use it as a back up in case whatever armor I'm wearing goes down. Wouldn't need to scavenge it from the field each time my defenses get scrapped, either.

Out loud, she continues,
"I'd like to get it hooked up into my systems. I didn't trust the individuals at Naruni to keep from peeking in at my inner workings while installing it."

If Samantha accepts, adding on more onto her list of things to do, Vera nods.
"Thank you, Sam. Let me know when you would like to work on this."

If Samantha declines, already having plenty on her plate, the borg will understand, stating,
"That is quite fine. I'm sure Hazel would be quite willing to help me out with this."

Regardless of Samantha's answer, the cyborg will seek Hazel out to speak with the European woman.
"I hope you are doing well, Hazel. Our last job was quite harrowing, though it looks like we'll be working more in the future, as MARS has taken me on. How is Marvin doing?"

If Samantha declined to install the force field, Vera will ask Hazel the same question.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!
M.D.C.

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
  • Force Field M.D.C.: 110/110
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: 150/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.
M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Giant-Sized Vibro-Blades: 1d4x10 M.D.; Range: Melee
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.
Constant Effects
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Drake »

Perception: 1d100: [64] = 64 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [12] = 12
Conditions:
• Negates any bonuses provided by the weapon/machine.
• The Cyber-Knight knows what his opponent is doing the same instant his opponent does it, enabling the knight to react a split second faster: +3 on initiative against attacks from modern guns and machines (bionics, robots, etc.), and +6 against artificial intelligences and computers like Skelebots and automated defense systems. Cyber-Knight is +3 to strike and parry.
• Meanwhile, the Cyber-Knight's gun toting or tech-laden opponent is -3 to dodge the Cyber-Knight's attacks and loses 2 melee attacks/actions due to time spent compensating for the Cyber-Knight's amazing agility, combat skills and awareness.
The Cyber-Knight cannot be accurately detected with Sensors.
• Sensors" are limited to those in Robots, Power Armor, Vehicles with Weapons/Sensor systems.
• Inexperienced (1st-3rd Level) sensor operators cannot use sensors at all, and -2 attacks per melee every time they try to figure out what's going on.
• Experienced operators are uncertain, hesitate, and lose one melee action, with a -40% skill penalty.

HP: 40
S.D.C.: 87
P.P.E.: 27
I.S.P.: 31
Living Cyber-Armor
A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
• Shoulders (2): 12 each.
• Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 19 each.
• Forearms (2): 14 each.
• Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 19 each.
• Chest Plate: 60

Drake makes his way back into the compound, parking his motorcycle in the garage. The day has been generally unimpressive, so he makes his way to his new quarters. Once inside he unclips his utility belt and lays it on the desk, before grabbing the chair and pulling it outside. Drake sets the chair down just outside his door, before he heads back in to grab his canteen. Once again outside, Drake sits down and sighs, resigning himself to a long sit watching the sky.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage. EP
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
Clear and Present Danger
Assistant Game Master

Post by Clear and Present Danger »

The days pass smoothly. MARS reequips and heals their wounds. Life falls into the slow crawl typical between missions. As the team recharges and looks into more mundane goals, a sense of calm surrounds the mercenary squad.

Around noon on the third day back from your last mission, a courier arrives at the entrance to the MARS compound. They ring the entry buzzer, hand delivering a sealed envelope addressed to Minerva Grace.
Minerva’s Letter
Ms Grace, my name is Broderick Maethson. I hope my name is not unknown to you, as I have attempted to contact you for some time now. I am currently housed at the Kingmar Resort and would love to invite you to one of the hotels prominent restaurants to discuss our mutual business. If you could leave your reply with the hotels front desk, I would be most appreciative.
-Broderick Maethson
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [51] = 51 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [32] = 32

Fresh from days of self-reflection and thought turned inward, Minerva showers the funk off, gets dressed in her "around the house" clothing consisting of an oversized t-shirt and a pair of shorts. She gets up early and makes herself a breakfast smoothie consisting of local fruits and vegetables along with some protein supplement. Once she's eaten, she does her usual one hour morning exercise. Then she finds some of her team-members to chat up.

"Hey you. What do you say we find something fun to do around this place? I've been stuck in my room for days and well, you're a giant machine woman. It can't be all serious all the time. I think we could both use some entertainment. Is there a television?" Charm: 1d100: [75] = 75 /70% Trust: 1d100: [46] = 46 /40%

"Commander Beckett! A moment of your time if you would? You are very technologically minded. I'm smart enough to know that I don't know enough about those fields. When you have time, we could look at my bikes? Maybe they can be faster? More durable? Whatever you think would be best." Charm: 1d100: [73] = 73 /70% Trust: 1d100: [9] = 9 /40% General Repair and Maintenance: 1d100: [63] = 63 /81% Basic Mechanics: 1d100: [39] = 39 /56%

"Sheriff! It has been a hard week. Tell me a good story. I know a well-seasoned man when I see one." Charm: 1d100: [59] = 59 /70% Trust: 1d100: [78] = 78 /40% Philosophy (to understand what kind of man Twonjym is): 1d100: [25] = 25 /56%

"So... Drake. How are you liking the MARS compound so far? I've only seen you kill demons so I don't know you well. Tell me, who are you?" Charm: 1d100: [75] = 75 /70% Trust: 1d100: [65] = 65 /40% Philosophy (to understand what kind of man Drake is): 1d100: [41] = 41 /56%

"Show me the arm." When he reveals the arm she gives him a big hug. "We almost lost you back there. You be careful, Rocky Rhodes." Charm: 1d100: [23] = 23 /70% Trust: 1d100: [48] = 48 /40%

When the second letter shows up for Minerva, she opens it and reads its contents to the group. "I believe I will entertain this Mister Matheson. Since no one should generally know I am here, this is obviously a trap. May I request the Sheriff and Drake at the least play lookout during my meal with the rest of you on hold if needed? I'll be in telepathic communication the entire time."
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Drake »

Perception: 1d100: [36] = 36 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [54] = 54
Conditions:
• The Cyber-Knight knows what his opponent is doing the same instant his opponent does it, enabling the knight to react a split second faster: +3 on initiative against attacks from modern guns and machines (bionics, robots, etc.), and +6 against artificial intelligences and computers like Skelebots and automated defense systems. Cyber-Knight is +3 to strike and parry.
• Meanwhile, the Cyber-Knight's gun toting or tech-laden opponent is -3 to dodge the Cyber-Knight's attacks and loses 2 melee attacks/actions due to time spent compensating for the Cyber-Knight's amazing agility, combat skills and awareness.
• Sensors" are limited to those in Robots, Power Armor, Vehicles with Weapons/Sensor systems.
• Inexperienced (1st-3rd Level) sensor operators cannot use sensors at all, and -2 attacks per melee every time they try to figure out what's going on.
• Experienced operators are uncertain, hesitate, and lose one melee action, with a -40% skill penalty.

HP: 40
S.D.C.: 87
P.P.E.: 27
I.S.P.: 31
Living Cyber-Armor
A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
• Shoulders (2): 12 each.
• Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 19 each.
• Forearms (2): 14 each.
• Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 19 each.
• Chest Plate: 60

Minerva finds Drake sitting on the chair near the door of his room, a few bottles of beer near it's legs. He looks to the woman and smiles. "Hola."
Minerva wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:51 am "So... Drake. How are you liking the MARS compound so far? I've only seen you kill demons so I don't know you well. Tell me, who are you?"
Drake shakes his head. "Oh I ain't no one special. True I do have a particular dislike for the Deevils and Demons, but that is an incident I would rather not talk about. I'm just a man trying to survive in this cruel world of ours." Drake says obviously noncommittally. "Maybe some other time, I'll tell you more, but not right now." Drake finishes.

When Minerva reads the letter to the group, he listens.
Minerva wrote:"I believe I will entertain this Mister Matheson. Since no one should generally know I am here, this is obviously a trap. May I request the Sheriff and Drake at the least play lookout during my meal with the rest of you on hold if needed? I'll be in telepathic communication the entire time."
Drake shrugs. "That's a pretty fancy place, am I gonna need to dress up for this?" Drake asks.
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Twonjym »

Perception: 68% 1d100: [39] = 39
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 1d100: [41] = 41
Healing
Three days of healing: 12d6: [6, 1, 6, 4, 2, 2, 1, 4, 3, 5, 2, 3] = 39
Conditions: Personal MDC: 152/101
Minerva wrote:"Sheriff! It has been a hard week. Tell me a good story. I know a well-seasoned man when I see one."
Twonjym strokes the hairs on his chin as he thinks about the request, "Hum, lets see. I suppose I got some good stories. Given my former line of work as a Sheriff, most tend to be on the bloody side of things. Though there was this one time the Haas Ranch kept reporting more and more of their stock disappearing. They were running just regular old cows. Nothing special, so we just thought something wild was picking them off or maybe rustlers were getting after them. Well after a few weeks the number were getting to be a concern so we got a posse together, mostly ranch hands and the like and went out to see what we could find. We were out for a few days before we caught a trail. We followed it along till we crested a hill overlooking this little valley. Our jaws dropped when we saw this little group of some kinda dbee. You'll never guess what they were doing with those cows." He gives Minerva a grin as he pauses for a moment. Not long enough for her to answer but just long enough for her to ponder the question, "They were training those cows like they was some kind of circus critter." He gives a little chuckle, "Well, I walked down there and we got the whole thing straightened out. The cows got back to the rightful owner and we even got the dbees a job training horse and other riding beasts." He snickers a bit. "But those fraking cows, even back in the herd, kept doing some of the tricks they was taught. I mean, its the darndest thing to see eight cows in a herd standing on there rear legs like they're dancing around to music no one else can hear."

Jim gives Minerva a pat on the back as he walks away chuckling, Man alive. I ain't thought about that in years. And those horses they ended up training were some of the most sought after critters in the area.

Later when Minerva comes up with the second letter, Jim offers her a nod, "I'm in for whatever you need, though I don't think discreet is really my thing. Maybe drag me along as a sidekick and have Drake hang back?"
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Rocky »

Perception: 80% 1d100 1d100: 1d100: [98] = 98
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: 1d20: [2] = 2 / d100: 1d100 1d100: 1d100: [98] = 98

Conditions:
OOC Comments
OOC Comments
Radiate Nature
Sense Supernatural Evil
o Identify Type:92% (+2%) 1d100 1d100: [35] = 35
o Track by Psychic Scent: 92% (+5%) 1d100 1d100: [46] = 46
Sense Magic Energy
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% (+2%) / 1d100 1d100: [72] = 72
Intangibility

• Can change to ghost form and back up to 4 times per melee (each such change costs 1 action)
Six Sense
Saving Throw Bonuses
Minerva
"Show me the arm." When he reveals the arm she gives him a big hug. "We almost lost you back there. You be careful, Rocky Rhodes." Charm: 1d100: [23] = 23 /70% Trust: 1d100: [48] = 48 /40%
When they want him to show off his new arm, he enjoys it. It is coming along.

Rocky is glad to be with his friends, he checks out his PA making sure all is working great. He works with Occupation therapist to get his new arm is good shape and there when needed. He also practices with the team. Drake and the Sheriff are great at being the muscle and of course shields when Rocky will be out of his PA.
When the second letter shows up for Minerva, she opens it and reads its contents to the group. "I believe I will entertain this Mister Matheson. Since no one should generally know I am here, this is obviously a trap. May I request the Sheriff and Drake at the least play lookout during my meal with the rest of you on hold if needed? I'll be in telepathic communication the entire time."
Rocky looks at Minerva and speaks up, “Take a tracking device or two, just in case. Also let me get a video of you so I can keep an eye out.” Rocky pauses and looks at her trying to read here mood, Rocky is Radiating a cautious feeling. “That is you think we need to be Leary, of this person or meeting. It is strange that they don't come here or work with another company. It could be they are using an alias to keep things quiet."
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Vera Morozov »

Perception: 1d100: [41] = 41 / 47%
JiC d100: 1d100: [70] = 70 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [6] = 6
Constant Effects
As the days pass, Vera proceeds to have Hazel or whomever available/willing techhead integrate the FF into her cybernetics, and after having spent some time testing the system out and rebalancing her power levels, Vera finds the results satisfactory. That, along with another long session of getting herself painted, this time forgoing painting the inevitably doomed armor she purchased, ends up eating a large majority of her time.

Once Minerva extricates herself from her room and begins making her own rounds, Vera is easily found in the rec room, sitting cross-legged in front of a table, scrawling something rather delicately on a piece of paper. If Minerva chooses to peer at it, she will find Russian writing scrawled there, the lines long and jagged in places and in others delicate and fine as the cyborg practices her fingers' fine motor skills.
Minerva wrote:"Hey you. What do you say we find something fun to do around this place? I've been stuck in my room for days and well, you're a giant machine woman. It can't be all serious all the time. I think we could both use some entertainment. Is there a television?"
Vera hasn't looked up at Minerva's approach until the woman spoke, causing the 'borg to pause in her writing. She leans back, looking to her.
Minerva? She's been in her room this whole time, then? Was it all spent recovering?
Under her faceplate, seeing the normal human face of the woman against the inorganics of her robotic frame strikes some with fear, others with unease, and some still with comfort. It seems that Vera is trying to go for the last of the three, as she gives her comrade a small smile. "No, it can't be, I suppose. This outfit certainly has a... similar amount of waiting as my old unit did in Russia. Similar amount of demons, as well." She leans over, gently folding the paper, taking great care not to rip it as her motors whir delicately. Putting it away, she stands and turns to the other female. "Television? If there is one to watch, it might be of interest. So long as there is a place for me to sit comfortably. There aren't many chairs here that fit my frame." Charm: 1d100: [97] = 97 / 10% ; Trust: 1d100: [27] = 27 / 88%
Minerva wrote:When the second letter shows up for Minerva, she opens it and reads its contents to the group. "I believe I will entertain this Mister Matheson. Since no one should generally know I am here, this is obviously a trap. May I request the Sheriff and Drake at the least play lookout during my meal with the rest of you on hold if needed? I'll be in telepathic communication the entire time."
Vera nods as she listens intently.
Playing the bait are we, Miss Minerva? Just be careful in there.
Crossing her arms, she replies once Drake and Twonjym have made their words known, "If need be, I can be quite silent, so perhaps I could take place as an aerial lookout? It would give me the best chance to dive in if you do need my assistance."
Vera Morozov
M.D.C.

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.
M.D.C. by Location
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.
Constant Effects
Jack O'Connell
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Jack O'Connell »

Perception (15%): 1d100: [72] = 72
JIC d20: 1d20: [17] = 17
JIC d100: 1d100: [17] = 17

Jack steps out of a hover taxi about 200 yards out from the MARS compound. He hands a few credits to the driver.

"Much obliged, partner. I can make my way from here," He says as he flips the man a little salute and shoulders his backpack. Jack closes his eyes and breathes in deeply as starts his walk towards the base. It was good to be away from the hustle and bustle in the city center. He stops at the entrance and presses the call button. As he waits for a reply, he strolls from one side of the facade of the building to the other, inspecting the structure.
Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Post by Sum of All Fears »

While the rest of MARS is discussing the prospect of Minerva's meeting with Matheson there is a ring on the front gate. Pieter excuses himself to answer it.

The intercom crackles to life next to Jack, "Yes? This is Pieter of MARS. What can we do for you?"
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
Jack O'Connell
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Jack O'Connell »

Perception (15%): 1d100: [86] = 86
JIC d20: 1d20: 1d20: [17] = 17
JIC d100: 1d100: [84] = 84

Jack turns on a dime as the voice crackles through the intercom. He walks up to the entrance and presses the button and gingerly moves a bit closer to the speaker. "Hello, there. Name's Jack. I just rolled into town and one of the fine fellers at the entrance to Merctown was kind enough to point me in y'all's direction. He said you might be taking on hands and well, here I am."
Clear and Present Danger
Assistant Game Master

Post by Clear and Present Danger »

OUTSIDE

The Intercom goes silent for a long moment, and then you hear an audible click as the access door near the front gates unlocks. The speaker squawks alive one last time: ”Come on in. Just wait in the lobby for one of the team.” The mans voice grows distant; He is obviously done talking to you, but the line stays on for a moment. ”SAM! You in here? We got some fresh fish at the gate.” The line cuts off.

What do you do?

INSIDE

The team has gathered and Minerva has begun to formulate a plan of action concerning her new caller. From the corners leading into the outfits workshop, Pieter’s voice can be heard calling for Sam. After a moment his voice begins to echo, more clearly, out of the teams comms channel. ”Sam? Anyone have eyes on the boss? We have a prospect walking up to the front door right now. Anyone?” The Techs voice easily betrays his unwillingness to act as welcoming comity.

What do you do?
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Minerva »

Perception: 1d100: [34] = 34 /59%
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [50] = 50
Minerva laughs at Jym's story, talks with Drake, feels the feelings Rocky radiates, watches TV with Vera. Fresh off of her meditation, she revels in her good feelings about this group and her place in it.

Drake wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:52 pm
Minerva wrote:"I believe I will entertain this Mister Matheson. Since no one should generally know I am here, this is obviously a trap. May I request the Sheriff and Drake at the least play lookout during my meal with the rest of you on hold if needed? I'll be in telepathic communication the entire time."
Drake shrugs. "That's a pretty fancy place, am I gonna need to dress up for this?" Drake asks.
"At the very least, a button up shirt and slacks. I think if the two of you make reservations for the same time as I, we should be able to blend in somewhat. Jym is 8 feet tall, but everyone needs dinner, no?"

Minerva allows Rocky to take a video of her to assist in his Remote Viewing. "They could be using an alias, but the name is entirely unfamiliar to me and the only people who know me are the Spooks, you all and people from half a world away. I'm suspecting it may be regarding the latter."

"Vera, you know MercTown laws about this better than I, are we permitted to do much flying here? If so, yes, that would be excellent."
Clear and Present Danger wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:49 pm”Sam? Anyone have eyes on the boss? We have a prospect walking up to the front door right now. Anyone?” The Techs voice easily betrays his unwillingness to act as welcoming comity.
Minerva looks around and as no one else heads to greet the newcomer, she takes the task on. Walking up to the lobby, she extends a hand to the newcomer. "Hola. They call me Minerva. Welcome to Merctown Armored Reconnaissance Service or M.A.R.S. You are looking for work? What skills do you have that bring you to our door? Talk and walk, we're in the middle of a meeting so this is the perfect time to meet the crew."

Minerva brings Jack to the group and introduces him before saying "We have a fresh face to help with our...my situation."
Grace Minerva
Ledger
  • I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Rocky »

Rocky
Perception: 80% 1d100 1d100: [27] = 27
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [17] = 17 d100: 1d100 1d100: [67] = 67

Conditions:
OOC Comments
OOC Comments
Radiate Nature
Sense Supernatural Evil
o Identify Type:92% (+2%) 1d100 1d100: [97] = 97
o Track by Psychic Scent: 92% (+5%) 1d100 1d100: [72] = 72
Sense Magic Energy
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% (+2%) / 1d100 1d100: [43] = 43
Intangibility

Six Sense
Saving Throw Bonuses

Activated
rocky is moving his left arm constantly making sure it is loose and ready to go. Rocky goes along with them and greets the newcomer, "Hi, my name is Rocky. Usually Recon and PSI Support."
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Drake »

Perception: 1d100: [73] = 73 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [96] = 96
Conditions:

Minerva wrote:"At the very least, a button up shirt and slacks. I think if the two of you make reservations for the same time as I, we should be able to blend in somewhat. Jym is 8 feet tall, but everyone needs dinner, no?"
Drake nods. "I have to make a quick shopping trip, as I don't have any dress clothes." Drake says without care. "Should be back in like an hour or less." Drake says befor emaking his way out of the meeting. Drake mounts up on his bike and leaves the compound heading into town proper to make himself presentable.

Erdano's High Fashion (56)

Drake comes back a time later and heads to his room. He quickly switches out of his normal attire for the fancy dress clothes he's purchased. Been a very long time since I wore such nice clothes. Drake thinks reminiscing on his past years as a noble cyber-knight. Once dressed, Drake makes his way back to the office. "So what do you think?"
Jack O'Connell
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Jack O'Connell »

Minerva wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:39 pmMinerva looks around and as no one else heads to greet the newcomer, she takes the task on. Walking up to the lobby, she extends a hand to the newcomer. "Hola. They call me Minerva. Welcome to Merctown Armored Reconnaissance Service or M.A.R.S. You are looking for work? What skills do you have that bring you to our door? Talk and walk, we're in the middle of a meeting so this is the perfect time to meet the crew."

Minerva brings Jack to the group and introduces him before saying "We have a fresh face to help with our...my situation."
Jack shakes the woman's hand and barely has time to get out, "I'm Jack," before he is scrambling to pick up his duffle bag and follow after Minerva. He catches up to her down the hall and tries to answer her questions as the walk.

"Yes, ma'am! I am indeed looking for work. I'm from Arzno, you know, out west? They trained me up real good. I guess you could say I'm a bit of a recon expert: scouting, survival, Intel gathering. I'm also a hell of a shot, if you don't mind me saying so."

When they enter into the meeting room, Jack waves sheepishly to the group.

"Howdy."
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Twonjym »

Perception: 68% 1d100: [88] = 88
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 1d100: [15] = 15

Jack wrote:"...I'm also a hell of a shot, if you don't mind me saying so."
Twonjym hears the end of Jack's statement as Minerva leads the new man into the room. Putting on a show, the Grackle Tooth lives up to the name his species was given and gives the man a large toothy smile as he says, "I'll be the judge of that." He sits, looking relaxed as he scratches the head of a large robot dog that is sitting at his side.

He eyes the man for a moment, sizing him up. Could be a good addition if he ain't a plant try'n to get slipped in before we deal with Minerva's thang.

After a second he stands and shoves a large hand to Jack, "Twonjym Miklar. Most folks call me Jim or Sheriff." He gives his head a tip as he explains, "Hold over from my former profession." He drops back down into his chair with a thump that sounds like it threatened the chair's integrity. "You got any warrants out on you? Anything sneaking around in your past that we should know about?" He holds the toothy smile and you get the impression he's not judging you, he just wants to know what's what.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Jack O'Connell
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Jack O'Connell »

Perception 15% 1d100: [54] = 54
JIC d20 1d20: [2] = 2
JIC d100 1d100: [55] = 55

Jack grits his teeth as he tries (probably unsuccessfully) to match Jim's grip. He forces a smile and massages his hand as the large reptilian takes his seat.

"It's, uh, mighty fine to meet you Sheriff Jim."

Jack chuckles softly when asked about his criminal past.

"Nothing too shady that I'm aware of, Jim. I, well, I lost my folks and the rest of my family out by Phoenix."

Jack's eyes shift down towards the ground before he looks back up and smiles once more.

"See, back in Arzno, the mercenary company was kind of a second family to me. And I know there's no guarantees, but coming all the way out here, I thought it'd be mighty nice to feel that again."
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Vera Morozov »

Perception: 1d100: [15] = 15 / 47%
JiC d100: 1d100: [92] = 92 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [8] = 8
Constant Effects
Minerva wrote:"Vera, you know MercTown laws about this better than I, are we permitted to do much flying here? If so, yes, that would be excellent."
The large cyborg shrugs, and shakes her head. "I'm afraid I don't have much more of an understanding of the laws of Merctown, other than turning in what weapons I am capable of turning in while there. But, so long as I unload the missiles from my wings, I don't believe they should count as any more a weapon than the rest of me does, flying or standing."
Jack O'Connell wrote:When they enter into the meeting room, Jack waves sheepishly to the group.

"Howdy."
Vera gives the human a nod and a smile, staying silent as Jym "interrogates" their newest member. As Jack responds, Vera looks him over.
He doesn't look anything special. Still, you don't judge a 'borg by their chassis alone.
Unaware that her internal metaphor doesn't work as well in North America as it did back in the motherland, the combat bionic strides forward and, having noticed his discomfort with shaking the reptile's hand, gives him a nod instead, eyes conveying the empathy for his past that she held, being an orphan herself.

"Well met.
Allow our fire to warm you from the snow and storm.
Ah, but I suppose it is not so cold here, да? I am Vera Morozov, a fairly recent addition myself."
Vera Morozov
M.D.C.

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.

Constant Effects
Jack O'Connell
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Jack O'Connell »

Perception 15%: 1d100: [87] = 87
JIC d20: 1d20: [2] = 2
JIC d100: 1d100: [70] = 70

As if the reptilian sheriff hadn't been intimidating enough,
Jack didn't know what to make of the metallic angel standing in front of him. He had to admit that there was a kind of strange beauty about her, but at the same time, saying that he felt uneasy was an understatement. Jack gingerly returns her nod and stutters out a reply. "M-mighty fine to meet you, ma'am."

Jack massages the nape of his neck and wipes a bit of sweat from his brow. "You know, I'm beginning to feel like I might be a little out of my element here."
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Twonjym »

Perception: 68% 1d100: [79] = 79
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 1d100: [52] = 52

Twonjym nods when Jack mentions his parents, his smile fading, "Yeah, I lost my wife not to long ago."
Jack wrote:"You know, I'm beginning to feel like I might be a little out of my element here."
Twonjym chuckles at the young merc, his smile returning, "That's a load'a whooy. Takes all kinds to fill out a merc company. Ya get too specialized and you might miss out on'a job. 'Sides, once we get some work outta ya, you'll have enough to get some sweet gear and be able to keep up with the best of um." He gives the man a satisfied nod.

Then his grin widens, "Besides, now that you claimed you're a hell of a shot, well, you and I are gonna have to just see about that!" He looks around for Minerva, then back to Jack, "When can you start? We have something going on in town that a fresh face and intel skills would be perfect for."
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Jack O'Connell
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Jack O'Connell »

Perception 15%: 1d100: [13] = 13
JIC d20: 1d20: [2] = 2
JIC d100: 1d100: [84] = 84

Jack nods solemnly at Jim's mention of losing his wife. "I s'pose that's one thing most of us've got in common in this crazy old world. Seems most everyone's lost someone or somethin' important," Jack thought.

Jack smiles and perks up a bit at Jim's words of encouragement. "Well, hell, I reckon you've convinced me, Jim. I can start right away. Y'all say jump, and I say how how high?"

Jack's grin mirrors Jim's own as the reptilian pokes fun at the merc's shooting skills once more. "Is that a challenge there, Jim? I'll have you know that my drill instructor dubbed me the bane of tin cans the world over. So, uh, watch yourself, Sheriff."
Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Post by Sum of All Fears »

Date: 2 Nov 111 PA
Time: 1011
Temp: 45 F

Minerva and MARS are understandably hesitant regarding meeting this potential stranger. With their plan in place and back up secured they head out to this meeting. MercTown is as lively as ever. People milling about the streets checking out shops, dining in their favorite restaurants, out on a date with a loved one. A perfect summer day. Minerva and crew arrive at the hotel. It’s just as austintatious as it was advertised to be. Only people with money stay here. Minerva makes her way to the counter and asks for Maethson. The receptionist nods, but does not move, ”Minerva, yes? Here he left this for you. Apparently he had another engagement come up. He left just an hour ago. He wanted to make sure this got into your hands.” The receptionist hands Minerva a small envelope. When Minerva opens the letter it reads:
”Letter” wrote:
I am sorry for the missed appointment. I had other business come up at the last minute. We will still meet. Some time in the future. I wish our interactions to be professional and cordial. I hope to meet you face to face some time in spring of next year.

Respectfully,

Maethson, Broderick
Having no one to meet, the MARS crew head back to the HQ, slightly puzzled at the sudden departure of the mystery man.

MARS finds themselves in November. In the time since the letter, MARS has picked up a new hire, Salamon, to help give them an edge in the magical realm. Jack finds he fits in fairly well. He does get into a small competition with Jym in regards to who is the better shot. They have taken to shooting at bottles in the hanger with air rifles. While they are quite evenly matched Jym has a slight edge in experience, while Jack has the reflexes of youth to assist him. Jack and Jym shoot at the bottles trying to knock down the most before the other one does. It ends up being a draw at the end of the day as both men fire at the last bottle their pellets coming together at the same time colliding with the bottle at the same time.

Sam is busy tinkering with gear while the others try to pass the time as best they can. No real jobs have hit the boards for a while. One morning as MARS is continuing their routine two men come calling. Peiter answers the door and escorts them into MARS’s conference room. Over the HQ PA Peiter can be heard, ”All MARS personnel. Please come to the conference room. I believe we have a job offer that requires all to attend.”

You can post to general activities in the HQ thread. If there is any RP you would like to get done, keep it in the HQ thread.

Post Here when you enter the Conference room.
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Salomón »

Perception: d%: [75] = 75 /52%
JIC: 20 1d20: [19] = 19
JIC: 100 d%: [65] = 65

Current Conditions/Effects: None

The High Magus of Dweomer knocks on the compound door. When answered, he will state his business: He is here to speak with the mercenary group M.A.R.S. about the Keller Institute of Technology research institute that he was magically rifted into during a Ley Line event, and was recently released from.

He will relay the story told to him about an invading demon horde, the 1700 people killed, and the routing of the demons by M.A.R.S. mercs.

"A most impressive feat, I must say," he will exclaim, impressed by the number of demons reported that were routed. Sal will mention that he got separated from the Templar and ask if anyone knows them or how to reach them, presuming anyone has heard from them at all.

He will also inquire about someone losing an arm. "I may be able to assist the individual who lost an arm," he says seriously. "I am skilled in the magical healing arts, among other magical arts, and if the arm is still available, and not too much time has passed, I may be able to restore it," he says to the group's representative(s) he encounters.
notes
Tall, statuesque, and chiseled, Salomón looks like a Assyrian/Babylonian god with no hair, made out of bronzed and sculpted marble. Most Amaki Stone-Men males have a protrusion jutting out from their chin resembling a beard, but notably, Salomón is an exception. He is wearing what appears to be magically enhanced armor, and anyone who knows what a modern mage looks like or can sense magic will know immediately that he appears to be talented in the magical arts
Salomón, High Magus
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 243/243
P.P.E.: 252/252
I.S.P.: 73/73

Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
See the Invisible (via Amulet)
Cannot be touched by any undead inc. vampires (via Amulet)
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
Jack O'Connell
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Jack O'Connell »

Perception 15%: 1d100: [37] = 37
JIC d20: 1d20: [6] = 6
JIC d100: 1d100: [89] = 89

Jack happens to be by the door when the intercom sounds. He looks over one shoulder and then the other before pushing the button and buzzing in MARS's new guest.

"Howdy, partner,"Jack says with a smile. He nods along with interest as the man introduces himself. "You know I've only been on here a little longer than you, myself. I think it'd be a good idea to find someone a little higher up on the food chain if you take my meaning. I'll take you back and we'll see if we can get you to talk to one of the higher ups. This way!" Jack waves Salomon over and heads down the hall towards one of the common areas. He stops in the Mess Hall and offers his hand. "Name's Jack. One of the others oughta be by soon. You want a bite to eat while you wait?"
Dice rolls
1d20: [5] = 5
1d20: [3] = 3
1d20: [2] = 2
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Salomón »

**rolls held**
Jack O'Connell wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:45 am"Howdy, partner,"Jack says with a smile. He nods along with interest as the man introduces himself. "You know I've only been on here a little longer than you, myself. I think it'd be a good idea to find someone a little higher up on the food chain if you take my meaning. I'll take you back and we'll see if we can get you to talk to one of the higher ups. This way!" Jack waves Salomon over and heads down the hall towards one of the common areas. He stops in the Mess Hall and offers his hand. "Name's Jack. One of the others oughta be by soon. You want a bite to eat while you wait?"
The High Magus will size up the man and react warmly. "Grateful for your assistance, kind sir."

He will give the man a firm handshake: "I am Salomon, pleasure to meet you. It is gracious of you to offer some food, thank you," he replies at Jack's offer for food.

"You say you only just arrived as well? It sounds as if M.A.R.S. is a hub of activity, then!" he says, curious about the group and what they do.

"Tell me, Jack - what brought you to see M.A.R.S.?" he will ask the man.

Seems friendly enough. I wonder if the others are the same way...
Salomón, High Magus
Important Information
Current Status

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)

Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Twonjym »

Perception: 68% 1d100: [7] = 7
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 1d100: [22] = 22

Twonjym comes stomping up grinning, "What's this Jack. You invite a friend over." He quirks an eye ridge at Jack as he flops into a chair.

"No? New recruit then? Name's Twonjym. Did I hear you say something about helping get Rocky's arm reattached? Well, you're a little too late for that. He's already been to the hospital and is all healed up."

He extends a long clawed hand and asks the new person, "And you are?"
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Salomón »

**rolls held**
Twonjym wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:51 pm Perception: 68% 1d100: [7] = 7
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 1d100: [22] = 22

Twonjym comes stomping up grinning, "What's this Jack. You invite a friend over." He quirks an eye ridge at Jack as he flops into a chair.

"No? New recruit then? Name's Twonjym. Did I hear you say something about helping get Rocky's arm reattached? Well, you're a little too late for that. He's already been to the hospital and is all healed up."

He extends a long clawed hand and asks the new person, "And you are?"
The Amaki sees a grinning eight and a half foot tall Grackletooth approaching and thinks, well, they don't seem to be hurting for muscle at all... did I say something to get kicked out already?

When Twonjym extends his hand, Sal is relieved and returns the gesture with a hearty handshake and replies, "Salomón Alejandro Isandro Eugenio Hernandez de Neuva Babylonia, at your service... I realize that's quite a mouthful, so feel free to call me Sal instead," with a grin.

He looks back and forth at Twonjym and Jack and says, "I was telling my new friend Jack here that I heard about your merry group from within the same walls that I found myself trapped in for a brief time."

Sal relays the tale of his imprisonment in the strange facility and how impressed he was that so many demons were routed. "I had to come and meet such a group myself. And, being someone well-versed in the magical arts of healing, I did hear that someone had lost an arm and was inclined to see if I could assist... but it sounds as if that's already taken care of. Glad to hear the arm was replaced!" he says.

When Twonjym asks about Sal being a recruit: "Well, it certainly sounds like you have a competent group if you were able to rout all those demons. Would you mind telling me more about your team?" he asks, clearly interested.

I still need to find out what's going on with the Templar or if anyone has seen or heard of their return... he thinks.
Salomón, High Magus
Important Information
Current Status

Always On:
Sixth Sense

Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Twonjym »

{rolls held}

Jim holds his grin, this guy seems a little stuffy. With a name like that though, I guess that's just what you get.

He leans forward a bit and strokes his chin whiskers, "Well, we got a good variety of people. Most are fairly new to the group. I joined up right before the last mission to route the demons. Rocky and Sam are the only ones from before that time. Minerva is an experienced merc from another squad. She joined up before the last mission. And Vera's a big old Russian Borg that joined up about that time too. We picked up Drake during the last job.... and boy does that guy hate demons. Then there's Jack, which we just hired on. All in all, everyone's a good sorta guy. We all got our history though." He scratches a spot between a clawed toe and continues, "The way I hear it is the squad was originally built up as a recon unit, though that sure as drek was not what that last mission was. We got a fair bit of psi among the team members but that ain't in my bag. So, where do you're talents lie?"
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Salomón »

**rolls held**
Twonjym wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:55 pm
Jim holds his grin, this guy seems a little stuffy. With a name like that though, I guess that's just what you get.

He leans forward a bit and strokes his chin whiskers, "Well, we got a good variety of people. Most are fairly new to the group. I joined up right before the last mission to route the demons. Rocky and Sam are the only ones from before that time. Minerva is an experienced merc from another squad. She joined up before the last mission. And Vera's a big old Russian Borg that joined up about that time too. We picked up Drake during the last job.... and boy does that guy hate demons. Then there's Jack, which we just hired on. All in all, everyone's a good sorta guy. We all got our history though." He scratches a spot between a clawed toe and continues, "The way I hear it is the squad was originally built up as a recon unit, though that sure as drek was not what that last mission was. We got a fair bit of psi among the team members but that ain't in my bag. So, where do you're talents lie?"
Interesting sounding group... Drake sounds like we would get along just fine thinks the Amaki.

"It sounds as if you have a good variety of members in your group, but I did not hear much in the way of magic - that is my specialty," replies the High Magus. "Specifically, magic used to create items, and complex ritual magic in particular, though I have my share of utility spells and magicks as well," he adds. "Due to my focus on what we Magi call 'high magic', I am limited in terms of some of the less complicated and simpler spells to cast - it's just a different sort of focus, and as a result, we have access to many powerful, though quite intensive and costly, magicks." he says. "This is one reason we utilize our item creation magicks and skills. As a matter of fact, I have in my possession the knowledge to create magical talismans that can store magic effects to be called upon later, and these can be used by anyone who has the talisman. Their uses are limited until they are recharged, but they certainly come in handy. I have several such items with me now, as I was working some rituals and creating them when I was rifted into the aforementioned facility," he says.

Sal pulls out one of the talismans to show Twonjym what he is referring to.

"This one here stores the Fly as the Eagle spell, which will allow you to magically fly around at up to 50mph for up to 100 minutes per use," he says. "Each talisman can be used up to three times before needing to be recharged, and only the sorcerer who created it can recharge it."

Pausing for a moment to let that sink in: "I also posses some measure of psychic power, but nowhere near the level of a Mind Melter or psi master," he adds, "and a myriad of technical skills, since we High Magi were responsible for creation, healing, and much of the technology of Dweomer, where I learned my art. Before I learned the arts of the High Magi, however, I came from an area in what was called South America known as New Babylon. My race is the Amaki race, which is more than likely unfamiliar to you - at least that's been my experience in North America so far. "

Sal will wait for Twonjym or anyone else to ask further questions of him, interested in learning more about the group and their experiences.
Salomón, High Magus
Important Information
Current Status

Always On:
Sixth Sense

Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Vera Morozov »

Perception: 1d100: [3] = 3 / 47%
JiC d100: 1d100: [31] = 31 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [5] = 5
Constant Effects
Vera enters the room part way through Sal's explanation of his abilities, just as he's pulling out and speaking of his talismans. She waits quietly (as quietly as a 'borg can), for him to finish before coming forward. With her armor repainted (again), she certainly looks much better now than she had at the end of the previous mission, her paint now protected by a Force Field she could activate just before going into battle.

She gives a nod to Jym as she approaches. "Morning. I heard we had a new arrival." She turns to the mage, looking down to him and smiles. "Apologies for being late, I was running my systems diagnostics. I am Vera Morozov. I must admit, I do not know much of magic, being incapable of it myself."[/b] That much was obvious, what with the vast majority of her body being bionic and all.

"Still," she continues, "It will be valuable to have expertise on that on the team. Is it possible for anyone to use your talismans, or only those already proficient in their arts?" Her voice is curious, the large 'borg trying to get a good measure of the possible new addition to the roster.
Hopefully he will stay with us longer than our last spellcaster. I do wonder what happened to her.
Vera Morozov
M.D.C.

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.

Constant Effects
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Salomón »

**rolls held**
Vera Morozov wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:36 am
Vera enters the room part way through Sal's explanation of his abilities, just as he's pulling out and speaking of his talismans. She waits quietly (as quietly as a 'borg can), for him to finish before coming forward. With her armor repainted (again), she certainly looks much better now than she had at the end of the previous mission, her paint now protected by a Force Field she could activate just before going into battle.
The Amaki notices the 10' tall angelic 'borg approach (how could he not?) and is somewhat taken aback at her appearance.

I've seen plenty of technologically advanced cyborgs and created magical constructs... but never one quite like this before... he thinks, somewhat in awe at Vera's appearance. Though he's taller than most humans, he feels almost dwarfed so far by two of the three M.A.R.S. members he's met, Jack being the only human-sized one so far.
Vera Morozov wrote:She gives a nod to Jym as she approaches. "Morning. I heard we had a new arrival." She turns to the mage, looking down to him and smiles. "Apologies for being late, I was running my systems diagnostics. I am Vera Morozov. I must admit, I do not know much of magic, being incapable of it myself."[/b]
"Salomón Alejandro Isan-" begins the High Magus with his greeting, but then catches himself this time as he grins and extends his hand. "Salomón, or just Sal, is fine. Impressive bionics you've got there," he says to the massive 'borg. "I must admit, I've never seen the likes of one like you before. While I am no bionics expert, I know enough about mechanical, weapons, and electrical engineering to recognize most systems when I see them. Where did you get your work done?" he asks, genuinely curious.
Vera Morozov wrote:"Still," she continues, "It will be valuable to have expertise on that on the team. Is it possible for anyone to use your talismans, or only those already proficient in their arts?" Her voice is curious, the large 'borg trying to get a good measure of the possible new addition to the roster.
The Amaki nods at the imposing cyborg. "Yes, anyone can use a Talisman. All that must be done is willing to activate the item. Most people also touch them to help focus, but that's not a requirement - strictly speaking. Any jewelry sized item will suffice, provided it is of the right materials and infused with the Talismanic ritual and spell magic to store. The process is very intensive and requires quite a bit of magical energy, so it is best done in advance... as such, it's typically done close to, or on, a ley line or nexus point," he says.

He then pulls out an amulet and continues: "Amulets, which are a different ritual, provide permanent and perpetual effects to the wearer of them. They aren't as spectacular, generally speaking; that is, they aren't 'flashy' and don't produce visible effects so much as they bolster the wearer's protection from certain hazards, or grant certain abilities, such as the ability to see the invisible, repel the dead and undead, and so on."

"How long have you been with M.A.R.S., Vera? he asks.

Her armor and body look practically brand new...
Salomón, High Magus
Important Information
Current Status

Always On:
Sixth Sense

Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Vera Morozov »

((Rolls Held))
Salomón wrote:"Salomón Alejandro Isan-" begins the High Magus with his greeting, but then catches himself this time as he grins and extends his hand. "Salomón, or just Sal, is fine. Impressive bionics you've got there," he says to the massive 'borg. "I must admit, I've never seen the likes of one like you before. While I am no bionics expert, I know enough about mechanical, weapons, and electrical engineering to recognize most systems when I see them. Where did you get your work done?" he asks, genuinely curious.
Vera can't help but smile widely, as she begins to explain what she feels comfortable sharing with outsiders about her creation. "I am an Avenging Angel, a Cyber Shocktrooper and part of Warlord Romanov's battalions. I was personally in charge of a squad of scout troops on the outskirts of the territory."

She pauses, if only for a moment, recalling her past.
Ah, to be back in the snows, protecting my people.
Her eyes flash as more troubling memories pass through her mind, before she quickly refocuses on who she was speaking to. "My bionics were designed by the best, ah, Cyberdocs that are available. My model is much more advanced than many designs here." As she comments on her improved design, it comes off as if stating a fact, rather than her attempting to brag or downplay what North American 'borgs were capable of.
Salomón wrote:The Amaki nods at the imposing cyborg. "Yes, anyone can use a Talisman. All that must be done is willing to activate the item. Most people also touch them to help focus, but that's not a requirement - strictly speaking. Any jewelry sized item will suffice, provided it is of the right materials and infused with the Talismanic ritual and spell magic to store. The process is very intensive and requires quite a bit of magical energy, so it is best done in advance... as such, it's typically done close to, or on, a ley line or nexus point," he says.

He then pulls out an amulet and continues: "Amulets, which are a different ritual, provide permanent and perpetual effects to the wearer of them. They aren't as spectacular, generally speaking; that is, they aren't 'flashy' and don't produce visible effects so much as they bolster the wearer's protection from certain hazards, or grant certain abilities, such as the ability to see the invisible, repel the dead and undead, and so on."

"How long have you been with M.A.R.S., Vera?"
he asks.
"A few months," she responds easily, "Though I was first with another group that I was hired by as a guard, of sorts. After my previous employer hired MARS, we shared the assignment, and I was released from my duties there and offered a position here."
Vera Morozov
M.D.C.

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.

Constant Effects
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Salomón »

**rolls held**
Vera Morozov wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:47 am
Vera can't help but smile widely, as she begins to explain what she feels comfortable sharing with outsiders about her creation. "I am an Avenging Angel, a Cyber Shocktrooper and part of Warlord Romanov's battalions. I was personally in charge of a squad of scout troops on the outskirts of the territory."
Warlord whom? Shocktrooper? thinks the Amaki.

The High Magus squints as he tries to recall the name, but comes up short.
Vera Morozov wrote:"My bionics were designed by the best, ah, Cyberdocs that are available. My model is much more advanced than many designs here."
Ahh... she said 'here' - implying she isn't from 'here' he thinks.

"I can see you've got advanced bionics, but I am unfamiliar with the Warlord you mentioned," he says in an almost apologetic tone.

"That's not entirely surprising, however - I am not from 'around here' either, as they say, so there may be some unfamiliarity with certain names. Though..." he muses, "Avenging Angel is certainly a fitting term, given your form," he says approvingly as he looks her cyborg form up and down and points at the wings. "I'm assuming you can fly like your namesake?" he asks.

"I will be happy to make a Talisman for you with the spell or effect of your choice that I have knowledge of, provided I am accepted into this group," he says to Vera.

Almost as an afterthought, he adds: "That goes for any member of the group. Amulets are available as well, given time and materials."

If interested, Sal will explain to anyone there what his spells are that he can infuse a Talisman with, and what Amulet options are available.
Talisman and/or Amulet details
you will need to check the Amulet and Talisman spell entries in the Book of Magic (pages 143 & 150, respectively) for those, and check Sal's character sheet for spells under level 9 that he can put into a Talisman
Salomón, High Magus
Important Information
Current Status

Always On:
Sixth Sense

Jack O'Connell
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron

Post by Jack O'Connell »

Jack is reclining in his chair, feet up on the table and hands clasped behind his head. He tosses an empty can of baked beans onto the table that sounds with a metallic clunk.

"Amulets? Talismans? Damn, boy, you'd have fit right in back in Arzno. Those technowizard boys were always coming up with some crazy magical gizmo or another. Saw this one guy came up with a self-refilling pig trough. Damndest thing. Boys sure did have some nice tech, though. It might be a bit of a tall order, but I'll take a sniper rifle that fires icicles instead of bullets."

Jack gives the magus a wink and a lopsided grin before waving his hand.

"I'm just joshing you, Sal. Don't worry about me. I prefer not to be there when the enemy shoots back, you know? I've seen those magical doo-dads work wonders, but I'd rather not count on it to save me. They always taught us to keep moving in sniper training.
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Salomón »

**rolls held**
Jack O'Connell wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:04 am Jack is reclining in his chair, feet up on the table and hands clasped behind his head. He tosses an empty can of baked beans onto the table that sounds with a metallic clunk.

"Amulets? Talismans? Damn, boy, you'd have fit right in back in Arzno. Those technowizard boys were always coming up with some crazy magical gizmo or another. Saw this one guy came up with a self-refilling pig trough. Damndest thing. Boys sure did have some nice tech, though. It might be a bit of a tall order, but I'll take a sniper rifle that fires icicles instead of bullets."

Jack gives the magus a wink and a lopsided grin before waving his hand.

"I'm just joshing you, Sal. Don't worry about me. I prefer not to be there when the enemy shoots back, you know? I've seen those magical doo-dads work wonders, but I'd rather not count on it to save me. They always taught us to keep moving in sniper training.
Sal grins at the man's good natured ribbing. This guy seems to want a demo...

"I have yet to visit Arzno.. have you been to Dweomer? I think you'd be impressed at what magic can do, when directed by the right people. And it sounds like a TW Shard rifle is right up your alley..." he replies with a smile.

When the man mentions sniper training, Sal perks up: "What if the enemy didn't have anything to shoot at, because they couldn't detect or see you after you fire your shot? As long as you don't make a hostile move after you activate it, a Talisman of Invisibility (Superior) could do that for you - handy for getting out of a tight spot, sneaking right under the enemy's nose, or just plain scouting unseen," he offers to Jack. "The only thing I'm aware of that it won't fool is the See the Invisible spell or psychic power - so it's great for dealing with tech-based opponents who don't have access to those abilities," says Sal with a wink.
Salomón, High Magus
Important Information
Current Status

Always On:
Sixth Sense

Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Vera Morozov »

((Rolls Held))
[Salomón" wrote:"I can see you've got advanced bionics, but I am unfamiliar with the Warlord you mentioned," he says in an almost apologetic tone

"That's not entirely surprising, however - I am not from 'around here' either, as they say, so there may be some unfamiliarity with certain names. Though..." he muses, "Avenging Angel is certainly a fitting term, given your form," he says approvingly as he looks her cyborg form up and down and points at the wings. "I'm assuming you can fly like your namesake?" he asks.

"I will be happy to make a Talisman for you with the spell or effect of your choice that I have knowledge of, provided I am accepted into this group," he says to Vera.
Vera smiles at his admission of not knowing who her Warlord is. "I understand. Simply put, she is the leader of a nation in Russia, one of many Warlords," she explains, "She was my leader, until I left to come here." She speaks of her Warlord in high regard, her tone almost reverential.

"да. I can fly without my wings as well, but I cannot do so silently. As for joining the group, I cannot say that is my call, though I would be glad to count you among us."
It will be good to have magic on our side, and seems amiable enough besides. Along with some form of check on his background, I can't imagine the others turning him down.
Vera Morozov
M.D.C.

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
M.D.C. by Location
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.

Constant Effects

Return to “The Outskirts”