G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Dockside, Airport, and outskirts of MercTown.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Post Reply
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Underguard »

G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ

This is one of the many hangars the Prouse Memorial Airport leases out to private parties such as businesses, mercenary companies, adventuring outfits, government officials from small kingdoms, and rich individuals. It is a rather large hangar -- 23,000 square feet of hangar space with an additional 13,500 square feet of office/living space -- but it's not in an optimal location for aircraft and airstrip access is limited as a result. For a group that doesn't need airstrip access that much, however, it's an absolute steal.
IMAGE
Image
1st Floor Map
Image
2nd Floor Map
Image
3rd Floor Map
Image
PW: CAF GM || UPS GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Exe (PW GA) |Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW: Rogues) | Sam Animus (PW Void Reaver) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Underguard »

Merctown Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown, New Pudacah.
Time/Date: 12:30pm LMT | ~Jan 20th
Environmental Conditions: 40°F (4.4°C); Cool, overcast air.
The GIRLS return to the northern hemisphere and find it to be far cooler than the warm, humid climate of Manoa and the surrounding forests. The air is its familiar, cool and stale self with the familiar sounds of Merctown blaring in the distance, back inside the walls of the city. The GIRLS can hear a Defender's siren, likely coming from the Warrens, so, business as usual. When they return to their hangar, they find no sign of James who also has left the hospital, otherwise their hangar is untouched. It takes about an hour to get everything situated after the offloading of their equipment, with Sel parting ways, promising to reach back out soon if she could.

At just around lunch-time, all the GIRLS have a chance to actually settle and take stock in what happened in Manoa, South America, the Naruni and more. Eight remains by the front door unless asked to help move equipment and seems to fall into an idle state. With the astounding payout and finally back home, the GIRLS now have time to seek out other toys and job opportunities.

GM Note: If not shopping, post here. If shopping without roleplay, post here. If wanting to roleplay shopping, or other MT things, post here and link the Merctown thread you are posting in.
PW: CAF GM || UPS GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Exe (PW GA) |Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW: Rogues) | Sam Animus (PW Void Reaver) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [99] = 99 / 38%
JiC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [61] = 61

CONDITIONS: See Invisible

Susan steps off of the plane and takes a couple of seconds to limber up/get her ground legs back. How strange it is to fly more than an hour. I wonder if this is how it regularly was before the world fell apart.

She stows her equipment, makes sure the Babies are charging properly, then takes a shower and a nap before heading into town.

"I am doing shopping! I should be back shortly!"

She then goes to Titan Industries
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [75] = 75 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [12] = 12 | 1d100: [45] = 45 1d100: [45] = 45

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [86] = 86
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [14] = 14 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Streetwise 51% = 1d100: [29] = 29 (being aware of her surroundings as she is wandering the city)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [98] = 98 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher ( 1d4+3: [3]+3 = 6 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.

Amber is exhausted after the long flight and is still feeling the after effects of receiving her new tattoo. Before disembarking the plane she will approach a crew member to ask for their contact information. I would kick myself if I don't return to Manoa. Not only for the sense of familiarity and the food, but for connection to my people. She will memorize the pertinent information using Total Recall.

Arriving back in their Hangar, Amber quickly maintains her gear before having into a hot shower. She sleeps on and off for the next few days as she is recovering and spends most of her down time reading on her tablet. She also immerses herself into meditation about her future. She keeps feeling that there is something more that she should be doing with her life. Her thoughts return to the dream she had during her latest tattoo session and decides to explore becoming a Cyber-Knight. I don’t know where to begin and I don't even know if they would have me. I have to try though. I owe it to myself.

Once she is feeling more like her normal self, she ventures out into the city to do some shopping and to get some fresh air and exercise.

Last edited by Amber Dach on Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 61%: 1d100: [21] = 21
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 1d100: [89] = 89

Cook 110% (Superior Quality): 1d100: [93] = 93

Analoy, much like Amber, drags into the base. Taking longer than normal to stow her gear before she flops down into her bed and spends the better part of a week laid up in bed. Good thing I don't get magic tats that often, otherwise I might remember just how crappy I feel afterwards. As she gets to feeling better, Analoy heads to the kitchen and starts making up a variety of meals that the team can grab and warm up whenever they wander in to the kitchen.

Back to feeling like her old self, Analoy takes some time and makes up a large amount of sandwiches. When she gets them all wrapped up she goes down to the Warrens and hands them out to the homeless. She focuses mainly on the homeless kids, making sure to kneel down and give each one a smile as she hands them out.
Last edited by Analoy on Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [45] = 45
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [51] = 51
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active

"Ladies, since we can't seem to keep our hands on a dependable and reliable Engineer, I suppose I'm the closest thing going," Jez harrumphs one day while they're wasting time in town. "And I think one of you should have the Naruni shotgun I used last mission. If not, I'll stick it in storage." She paces a bit with her hands on her hips before opening up a big crate that Jez had bought for Lucy's vehicle, but which never got installed. "And since we can't seem to find a good tech...and since I seem to have gotten stronger...I think I'll forego installing this and instead carry it as my own long arm."
Image
"Matches my ego, right, GIRLS?" Jez smiles mischievously. I can't believe how much I've changed since coming to this freakish world. I'd barely have been able to pick this thing up when I got here.
My Linktree Page
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Analoy »

[rolls held]

Back from her philanthropic venture, Analoy considers, That was good but I can do more, plus sandwiches are just so blah. I should start setting up one of those kitchen trucks. I can give out hot meals then. Yeah, I like that idea. Get a nice custom paint job on it that screams ME. Hell, if the merc work holds up maybe I can even get a restaurant set up in the rich part of town and use the profits from that to fund the truck or maybe something even bigger.

Not wanting to just sit around her room, Analoy wonders the hanger and chuckles when she overhears Jez's comment. Piping up, she says, "I don't know able your ego Jez, but it certainly suits you." She hops up onto the batter hovercycle that resides in the hanger, "I'll pass on the shotgun though. But I was thinking about going into town and looking at some new armor and a big gun for myself or maybe a few pistols. Or both even." She smiles at the other woman and doesn't really want to bring up their Naruni problem right now.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

Merctown Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown, New Pudacah.
Time/Date: 10:30am LMT | ~Jan 25th
Environmental Conditions: 28°F (-2.2°C); Chilly, clear morning with wisps of high altitude clouds.
Several days of rest, leisure and shopping pass for the GIRLS without incident. During this time, they are able to split up and probe New Paducah for new employment opportunities.

The morning of January 25th is brisk, the crisp outside air seeping into the GIRLS main hangar as they lounge around during a late breakfast. The topic of their next job is raised and the GIRLS aggregate their collected intelligence over the past few days. The jobs are pitched (with varying degrees of excitement) to the group by those who originally found the lead, and a discussion is opened about what to do next.

Not far from the GIRLS hangar, Golden Age Weaponsmiths’ has a dealership where much of their vehicle inventory is kept. Some of their stock has mysteriously disappeared. And whereas they have notified MercTown Defenders (who have sent investigators), they are concerned enough about the security hole that they wish to hire some mercenaries to also investigate (and help them patch the security hole).
  • Pay Upfront: 10k UC per merc
  • Pay Completion: 150k UC per merc, plus full salvage rights and armor/equipment repair afterward


Zo’Wur Kulot’te has a lead on an undiscovered ancient alien artifact out West. He is putting together a dig team, but needs additional security to accompany them. When questioned about details, Zo’Wur is elusive and vague, lending credence to the heightened risk/reward (for him) possibility in the job. Also suggesting very limited advanced intelligence on the matter.
  • Pay Upfront: 20k UC per merc
  • Pay Completion: 200k UC per merc per week (est. 3 weeks), no salvage rights


Approached while passing by their elaborate complex in the Hub, Analoy quickly finds herself nodding along with a well-groomed man in a suit telling her that she has exactly “the look” they are searching for. Once told about their mercenary unit, GIRLS, the man excitedly hands her his business card and gives her the elevator speech about the new reality holo-vid series they are putting together called, ‘Mercenaries!’.

The card reads: Fenric Dunn, executive producer, Big Budget Productions. And lists some famous action holo-vids from ~10 years ago as evidence of his resume.

Analoy is left with tickets to Klingmar Spa & Resort dated January 26th for a meeting to discuss more if GIRLS is interested.


While passing by Mercenary Plaza, Amber spots a sign advertising, “Large Conflict. Good pay. Inquire within. -MercOps Incorporated”. Learning a bit more about the conflict, a well-funded state entity, Amber deduces it is likely the Coalition, is looking for irregulars to help them infiltrate and skirmish with a burgeoning, self-proclaimed alien nation-state out East.
  • Pay Upfront: 50k UC per merc
  • Pay Completion: 500k UC per merc. Full salvage rights. On-site repair facilities.


About 10 minutes into the GIRLS discussion, a red light will appear inside Eight’s chest cavity. Image

For the past 3 days, Eight has been doing an exceptional impersonation of a statue, remaining in some manner of unmoving dormant state, standing sentinel just inside the GIRLS main hangar door. Even at a distance, the members of GIRLS can tell that the red light is not accompanied by any movement from Eight. It does, however, beg for someone to perform a closer inspection.
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 61%: 1d100: [49] = 49
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 1d100: [51] = 51


Analoy feels like a million bucks after the side effects of getting the new magic tattoo have worn off. So much so that, in addition to feeding some of the homeless of Merctown, she's done some light shopping to expand her wardrobe. Pants, sweaters and long sleeved tops mainly but nothing to fancy, mostly resale shop buys that fit her style.

When the talk or work comes up, Analoy tells the other about the proposition that she was given, though she doesn't seem very enthused about it, "I mean, sure. He got me hyped up about it when he approached me, but I don't know if we should put ourselves out there like that. It'd make it hard to do some jobs if the holo-vid show is popular and we start get recognized when we go out on a job." She gives a shrug.

Noticing the light come appear on Eight, Analoy stands and walks over toward him as she says, "I think we should pass on the show. I'm leaning more towards the GAW job or the one for Exotic Arms. Coming up on the Robot, Analoy furrows her brow as she glares at the light, "You okay Eight? What's up with the red light?" Frak I hope its just a message and not a self destruct indicator, though that does seem stupid to let people know something is up.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

Analoy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:00 pm Coming up on the Robot, Analoy furrows her brow as she glares at the light, "You okay Eight? What's up with the red light?" Frak I hope its just a message and not a self destruct indicator, though that does seem stupid to let people know something is up.
As Analoy approaches, Eight remains statuesque, unmoving. She does notice, however, that the red light gradually increases in intensity as she gets closer. Should she take a step back, the red light dims proportionately.

Talking does not trigger any sort of response from Eight. Analoy silently wonders if physical contact is required.
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [38] = 38
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [56] = 56
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active
Analoy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:00 pm "I mean, sure. He got me hyped up about it when he approached me, but I don't know if we should put ourselves out there like that. It'd make it hard to do some jobs if the holo-vid show is popular and we start get recognized when we go out on a job." She gives a shrug.
Jez shrugs back, "Zo’Wur is making offers for a total shit-show he wants some group of fools to undertake. The whole op screams 'setup for betrayal' to me, and I'd rather not have to kill the guy. After all, I've done business with him a few times before. Don't wanna get a rep as the gal who kills hometown merchants." Jez seems a bit glum. Hearing what mission Annie's heard about, she remarks, "Before I learned that there are magic options to help me get home, I had my eyes fixed on us becoming famous enough to attract the attention of someone powerful enough to make that happen." She seems full of shrugs today. "Now I find out it's merely a matter of finding someone with the right skills and the knowledge of how to find my universe. I don't know. Maybe things haven't changed and I'm just not smart enough to make sense of it yet." What's happened since I got captured? Do my people even still survive? Am I the last Arismal?
My Linktree Page
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [43] = 43 / 41%
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [17] = 17

Conditions: See Invisible

Susan comes back from shopping, and immediately reports her information on Golden Age Weaponsmiths. "Commander, I have also identified a number of prominent local business owners who likely possess significant expertise in dimensional travel. From their advertising. If you wish to pursue this line of inquiry, I will upload the list to your computer. I understand this is difficult for you but, perhaps, taking one step will help you feel that you are making progress in your life journey and that you are both honoring yourself and your people."

"Like finding a human who has natural hyper-tensile bone density or is completely immune to magic. Or can kill ghosts with its hands!

Susan pauses. Turning, she notices Eight. She points at the android. "Why is it glowing? I don't want to go near that." She fires up her 'casual' forcefield and tries to ping Eight with a radio contact.

Assuming it doesn't work, she says. "No response to a direct radio hail. Commander, since you may be able to override whatever is happening if dangerous, do you mind putting on some protection and uh... I guess hitting reset on it? Maybe unplug it and plug it back in again?"
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Jezebel »

(rolls held over)
Susan Lee wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:34 pmAssuming it doesn't work, she says. "No response to a direct radio hail. Commander, since you may be able to override whatever is happening if dangerous, do you mind putting on some protection and uh... I guess hitting reset on it? Maybe unplug it and plug it back in again?"
Jez shrugs, gets up, activates her superheavy forcefield, approaches Eight, extends a tendril from her left index finger, and attempts to merge with Eight. Well, this should be a novel experience anyway. Never tried to merge with an AI-controlled robot before.
My Linktree Page
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [35] = 35 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [3] = 3 | 1d100: [94] = 94

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [2] = 2
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [57] = 57 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [83] = 83 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.

Amber is happy to be feeling back to her normal self after a few days of rest, meditation and reading. She returns from MercTown with her shopping completed. She stows her new gear and joins the others in discussing the various potential jobs they have encountered.

Amber joins the conversation. “I think I may have found the most lucrative job, but it feels to me like the CS is backing ite and as such I’m not interested in working for them in any capacity.” She holds back what she wants to add out loud. Our current ‘employer’ stretches the boundaries of my morality enough as it is.
Analoy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:00 pm When the talk or work comes up, Analoy tells the other about the proposition that she was given, though she doesn't seem very enthused about it, "I mean, sure. He got me hyped up about it when he approached me, but I don't know if we should put ourselves out there like that. It'd make it hard to do some jobs if the holo-vid show is popular and we start get recognized when we go out on a job." She gives a shrug.

Noticing the light come appear on Eight, Analoy stands and walks over toward him as she says, "I think we should pass on the show. I'm leaning more towards the GAW job or the one for Exotic Arms.
She crinkles her nose when the Holo-vid show is mentioned. I came to MercTown to do some good, not become famous. She nods in agreement when Analoy states her preference in the available jobs. “I agree with Analoy. I think the GAW is the most palatable to me. It isn’t going to make us rich, but I’m not really looking to get rich.”
Jezebel wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:24 am Jez shrugs back, "Zo’Wur is making offers for a total shit-show he wants some group of fools to undertake. The whole op screams 'setup for betrayal' to me, and I'd rather not have to kill the guy. After all, I've done business with him a few times before. Don't wanna get a rep as the gal who kills hometown merchants." Jez seems a bit glum. Hearing what mission Annie's heard about, she remarks, "Before I learned that there are magic options to help me get home, I had my eyes fixed on us becoming famous enough to attract the attention of someone powerful enough to make that happen." She seems full of shrugs today. "Now I find out it's merely a matter of finding someone with the right skills and the knowledge of how to find my universe. I don't know. Maybe things haven't changed and I'm just not smart enough to make sense of it yet." What's happened since I got captured? Do my people even still survive? Am I the last Arismal?
I seem to be doing a lot of agreeing here, she thinks as she nods again in agreement with Jez. “Working for the D’norr isn’t much to my liking either. I only have a passing familiarity with him but seems a bit shifty to me and I doubt he would honour his deal. Especially if there is some kind of powerful item at stake.” He kind of reminds me of our ‘employer’ too.

Amber gives a sympathetic but supportive look to Jez. “I have a vague idea of where your home is, but no means of getting us there. Short of becoming good friends with a powerful Shifter or Rifter that has a familiarity with where your world is, our best option for you is probably…” She trails off as she points to Eight glowing in the corner. "I guess we should see what is up with it."
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

Merctown Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown, New Pudacah.
Time/Date: 10:40am LMT | ~Jan 25th
Environmental Conditions: 28°F (-2.2°C); Chilly, clear morning with wisps of high altitude clouds.
GIRLS briefly discuss their employment options and begin to settle on the GAW opportunity as the less lucrative but morally unambiguous choice. Susan knows that securing the job is simply a matter of heading over to GAW and speaking again with her contact: Regional Logistics Manager, Reggie Thaklin.

In the meantime, enigmatic behavior from Eight draws the squad's collective attention.
  • Analoy cautiously approaches, causing the red chest-light to grow in intensity and makes a verbal inquiry, generating no response.
  • Susan take a more conservative position, activating her forcefield and trying to ping Eight with a radio signal. Her display shows the outgoing ping, but no bounce-back confirmation. The cyber-doc deduces from the lack of response that the AI might be engaged in something hazardous to the squad and asks Jez to try to reset it.
  • Jez responds with an air of casual invulnerability and decides to machine merge with the AI. As she approaches, the red chest-list grows even brighter in intensity. Undeterred, the Arismal extends a tendril from her finger and
    Immediately, Jez realizes that this action is a mistake. Normally, when she merges with a machine, it is an act of imposing her own will. The target machine accedes to her dominance and gives her both the knowledge and control she seeks. This experience is wholly opposite. Jez is met with immediate and fierce resistance. It is as if every single avenue of approach from each individual nano-fiber of the tendril is instantaneously repulsed. Each probing effort is like pushing against an impenetrable and indiscernible wall. Eight is clearly in full control of the entirety of itself.

    Worse, after a moment of pushing with no success, Jez feels a counter-swell building. Like an ocean suddenly revealing a half-mile of new beach, Jez instinctively knows that she does not want to experience the incoming tsunami. Through sheer force of will, Jez decides to sever the connection. But her tendril won't retract. It feels as though it is caught in a vice-like grip, holding her there in place for the inevitability to come. Panic wells in her. A helplessness threatens to consume her. But no. This is not what she does. She does not forfeit. No. She knows what she needs to do. To sever the connection, she must sever the tendril.

    Tapping another power, that of touch-destruction, Jez wills the middle section of the tendril to obliterate the tendril neighbors closer to the connection. Success. With each minute vaporization, she feels the connection breaking. Before the severance is complete, Jez is left with the lingering message in her mind: Unauthorized access. Permission denied.
    before Eight re-animates and the connection is broken. Jez knows that she was the one that initiated the severance and a part of her feels somehow... violated. Looking down at the dangling remnants of the tendril even as it recedes back into her, she looks for the matching section on Eight but sees nothing but a small ripple rapidly solidifying. Analoy swears she sees a micro-expression smirk flash across the AI's face.
As the red-light fades, Eight addresses the GIRLS squad nodding in acknowledgement at Jez first, but otherwise behaving as though just woken from standby mode. "Greetings GIRLS. I have received a communication from regional corporate headquarters. They wish to extend an offer of employment for an urgent task. Naruni requires a rapid-response team on-site at a logistics hub approximately 50 miles from here. It is under direct assault from an unknown number of assailants originally posing as a transport convoy. Site defenders are currently holding out, but will likely be overrun within the hour. Offer includes 100k UC per individual upfront and a final payout of 6M UC to the team once the hub is secured. Full salvage rights and equipment and armor repair post-op are included. However, I require a decision within 5 minutes of... now."

GM Note: Knowing a Naruni job is also now on the table, kindly re-confirm which job GIRLS wishes to pursue. After next round of player posts, next GM update will be in an adventure thread.
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [10] = 10 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [16] = 16 | 1d100: [90] = 90

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [33] = 33
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [99] = 99 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [52] = 52
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [67] = 67 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher ( 1d4+3: [1]+3 = 4 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Aegis of No Retreat wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:09 am As the red-light fades, Eight addresses the GIRLS squad nodding in acknowledgement at Jez first, but otherwise behaving as though just woken from standby mode. "Greetings GIRLS. I have received a communication from regional corporate headquarters. They wish to extend an offer of employment for an urgent task. Naruni requires a rapid-response team on-site at a logistics hub approximately 50 miles from here. It is under direct assault from an unknown number of assailants originally posing as a transport convoy. Site defenders are currently holding out, but will likely be overrun within the hour. Offer includes 100k UC per individual upfront and a final payout of 6M UC to the team once the hub is secured. Full salvage rights and equipment and armor repair post-op are included. However, I require a decision within 5 minutes of... now."
Amber listens intently and thinks carefully. This could be the CS attacking them for all we know and I really don’t want to tangle directly with their forces if it is them. It tends to bring down hit squads if you mess with them.

She addresses Eight. “Eight, do you have any intelligence about who is attacking the facility? Numbers? Weapons present? Anything at all?” She awaits for a reply from Eight.

Amber says to Jez in particular, but addresses everyone. “I’ll leave the decision to you, Jez. Whatever you decide is fine with me. I can be ready in 5 minutes if you decide we are taking the job.” A bonus if we take this job is that we this will make us seem more like we are loyal employees and hopefully get us closer to the Creator to bring him down.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [64] = 64
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [17] = 17
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active
Intelligence 82% / 1d100: [73] = 73 (to assess the quality of the intel provided in response)
Interrogation 100% / 1d100: [88] = 88 (to get the damn answers they need to do their damn job)

Jez's eyes narrow behind her visor. "Either we get a full intel breakdown with all the info you have, or we get transported to the site out of view of any hostiles so we can collect our own intel. I'm not risking our lives on a throwaway chance at maybe saving your profit margin this quarter. We get actionable intel or your people can fight their own battle. Here's some basics just to get you started: What's our means of transport? Why the five minute time frame? What is the nature and disposition of the OPFOR? Is its leadership a known entity, and if so what is known about them? What is the topography of the battle space? What assets are under friendly control? What is the disposition and nature of the defending force? Are any assets on the field considered expendable? What are the priorities of the defensive strategy? You know, answers to basic questions any first year field commander would expect from any intel report. If we've got less than five minutes, you'd better start talking fast. State your answers at one point five times regular speed." This tin can gives me anymore surprises, and I'm gonna atomize him on general principle.
My Linktree Page
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 61%: 1d100: [60] = 60
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 1d100: [76] = 76

Analoy glances at the others as Eight draws most of their attention. When Jez walks up and sends a tendril at it, Analoy considers blocking it but before she makes up her mind Jez has already made contact and torn the tendril away. Her eyes narrow slightly when she thinks she sees the micro-expression smirk flash across the AI's face. What? Huh? Did it just...

When Eight speaks up, Analoy glances around at the others. So the red light is a transmission in progress? Interesting.... and a little obvious. She says to the others, "I've got no issues taking the Naruni job and can definitely be ready in 5. Is transport provided Eight?" She asks to the robot. "If not, I can be there in less than 30 minutes. I'm assuming that faster we get there the betting." Analoy considers he possible modes of transport, Could you super speed. Its fast but terrain issues could slow me down. Same thing with the demon runner. But the flight tattoo would be perfect.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [62] = 62 / 41%
JIC: 1d100: [99] = 99 / 1d20: [15] = 15

Conditions: See Invisible

When Jez has her complicated moment with Eight, Susan is shocked that it has such defenses. Not merely immune to tampering, but actual DEFENSES against the Commander's ability. I wish I could test out her capabilities under controlled circumstances...

All of Susan's questions have already been asked by the other team members and she waits to hear the android's answer. Particularly about who is attacking the Naruni sales team. If it's the Splugorth, that would be best. If it's the Coalition and any surrender or escape it could be complicated. If it's Free Quebec, less good but probably fine. If it's Northern Gun or Manistique, that would be very bad.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

Merctown Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown, New Pudacah.
Time/Date: 10:41am LMT | ~Jan 25th
Environmental Conditions: 28°F (-2.2°C); Chilly, clear morning with wisps of high altitude clouds.
Player info requests
Amber Dach wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:12 am“Eight, do you have any intelligence about who is attacking the facility? Numbers? Weapons present? Anything at all?”
Jezebel wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:11 am"Either we get a full intel breakdown with all the info you have, or we get transported to the site out of view of any hostiles so we can collect our own intel. I'm not risking our lives on a throwaway chance at maybe saving your profit margin this quarter. We get actionable intel or your people can fight their own battle. Here's some basics just to get you started: What's our means of transport? Why the five minute time frame? What is the nature and disposition of the OPFOR? Is its leadership a known entity, and if so what is known about them? What is the topography of the battle space? What assets are under friendly control? What is the disposition and nature of the defending force? Are any assets on the field considered expendable? What are the priorities of the defensive strategy? You know, answers to basic questions any first year field commander would expect from any intel report. If we've got less than five minutes, you'd better start talking fast. State your answers at one point five times regular speed."
Analoy wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:21 pm"I've got no issues taking the Naruni job and can definitely be ready in 5. Is transport provided Eight?" She asks to the robot. "If not, I can be there in less than 30 minutes. I'm assuming that faster we get there the betting."
Eight’s entire face begins to illuminate with a bright intensity. Shadows seem to dart across its surface in rapid succession. It takes but a moment to realize that the AI is somehow utilizing its face to project
Recordings from what look like 8 separate security feeds on the same timeline from the logistics hub, play at high speed on a loop condensed to 1.5 minutes. The following observations can be made:
  • Assault opened with long-range missile bombardment. This missile barrage was met by SAM batteries installed at the facility. Despite the air-defense’s best efforts, missile numerical superiority was on the attacker’s side. Resultant explosions ripple along the force fields temporarily obscuring the enemy deployment before collapsing the force field altogether.
  • Though an exact count is difficult, based on the number of vehicles involved, roughly a company (100-150) sized military force is assaulting the logistics hub. There are about a dozen power armor units along with a subset of the force that has magic capabilities. For those who successfully rolled perception last round: Despite individualized adornments, colorations and markings, the weapons fire characteristics seem to share similarities with Naruni particle, kinetic and plasma weapons.
  • These ‘irregular’ forces are well-trained and move with exceptional coordination, suggesting elite special forces rather than simply an amalgam of mercenaries.
  • Attackers have indirect fire assets that are not visible on the security feeds, but whose presence is felt by the defenders when struck by missile barrages. By the end of the loop, it is clear these precision munition strikes have done significant damage to both defensive fortifications and whittled down the number of defenders.
  • Garrison defense units number roughly a platoon’s (~50) worth. Giving the attackers a 2:1 or 3:1 numbers advantage. However, the garrison consists almost entirely of Repo-bots and along with static defenses, look to be putting up a valiant effort.
  • Presence of magic on the attacker’s side is a major supportive boon, allowing them to regularly replenish defensive magical shields, keeping those at the front lines fresh and pushing the offensive.
  • Assessment seems accurate. Facility will be overrun within the hour without further reinforcements.
.

Simultaneously, Eight elaborates on the situation at 1.5 speed, the words are spoken with clipped precision.

”A vertical lift asset will land outside in 4:36 minutes. If you agree to employment, board the asset with full tactical load, ready to fight. It will immediately head to the combat theater once I am aboard. Field deployment location will be at your discretion. ETA: 15 minutes after lift-off. Additional reinforcements are being mobilized and will be en route.”

GIRLS are able to assess the situation and discuss it for roughly 5 minutes.

As per Eight’s prediction, a vertical lift asset arrives just outside the GIRLS hangar. It bears functional and statistical similarities to the Triax Dragonfly, but is clearly of Naruni make (coloration and sleeker curves/profile). Two of its attachment points are already occupied by what looks like an MDC ceramic shipping boxcar. But Jez concludes that she’d be able to take her ‘bot if she wanted. There is ample space to strap in in the front cockpit area too.


=============
GM notes: boarding the Dragonfly will count as accepting employment. Next GM update will then be an adventure thread. Phineas will join GIRLS deployment as part of other New Paducah mercenaries that also got hired by Naruni (but will also be given a GM post at City Gates until ready to transition to adventure thread).

Also, if anyone has a neato map/location that they would like to use as the Naruni "logistics hub", that would certainly be welcome and save me some time.
=============
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [63] = 63
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [59] = 59
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active

Jez stands up and stretches a bit. "Gear up, GIRLS. Let's go earn some credits. Take whatcha need for a serious fight, but blunting the advance of a company of trained killers isn't the job for a light squad. We're gonna drop far behind the rear and hunt down those missile boats so the defenders can do their jobs." Jez hauls the Wilks cannon up and into the cockpit of the TR with her and sets it across the two seats behind the command couch. She makes sure the rest of her shit gets piled there as well before taking a seat in the command couch, securing herself with the five-point harness to the seat, and letting her hands merge with the TR's controls. She walks the big girl out to hook-up with the Dragonfly. Okay, big girl, let's see how well I can make you dance. Perhaps someone will be willing to have a stand-up fight this time? It's been a couple years, right? Back with Explorers Inc was the last time you and I really had to hustle to stay in one piece. She smiles wistfully before the smile no longer meets her eyes. Damn, I've been away from my people for years now. I don't think I've felt so homesick and lonely since boot camp a lifetime ago.
My Linktree Page
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [36] = 36 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [16] = 16 | 1d100: [59] = 59

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [58] = 58
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [20] = 20 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [55] = 55
Radio: Basic 65% = 1d100: [77] = 77
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [85] = 85 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’
Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher ( 1d4+3: [3]+3 = 6 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Jezebel wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:55 pm Jez stands up and stretches a bit. "Gear up, GIRLS. Let's go earn some credits. Take whatcha need for a serious fight, but blunting the advance of a company of trained killers isn't the job for a light squad. We're gonna drop far behind the rear and hunt down those missile boats so the defenders can do their jobs."
Knowing that time is of the essence since their ride is coming in mere minutes, Amber replies with a a quick. “Okay Jez. I’ll be ready by the time the drop ship gets here.” She is secretly relived that Jez wants them to be dropped further in the rear as she really hasn’t done any large-scale military ops, only small unit ops.

She bolts back to her room and knowing she won’t have enough time to get all of her gear on, she makes sure to quickly gather everything she needs to don on the way to the DZ. She ticks things off on her mental checklist as she gather her gear. Armour, check. Weapons, check. Ammo, check. Jet pack, check.

Once she has gathered all the gear she is taking with her, she waits near the hangar doors. "Hey Eight. It would be nice to be able to coordinate with whoever else is defending. Can you get us set up with comms with both the defenders and any one else that is coming in with us? I would rather not be subject to friendly-fire."

She sighs as the drop ship approaches. I guess I should try and get used to this kind of thing if I’m going to be a Cyber-Knight. As she loads up into the Dragonfly. Here goes nothing. Once they lift off she will start strapping on her gear to be ready once they hit the ground. ( 1d4+4: [2]+4 = 6 minutes to don armour.)
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [63] = 63 / 41%
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [37] = 37

Conditions: See Invisible

Susan carefully watches the video of the attack. "So, mercenaries, then. Likely working directly for Northern Gun or for the CS through a third party. Possibly independents thinking they can rob the Naruni with no repercussions."

Which means that whoever's paying for this won't want to advertise and if we're only part of a larger force we'll blend in as 'random hires.'

"Providing store security is as honorable as anything, I suppose."

She then begins the laborious process of getting into her armor, putting on the new harness, strapping in the new heavy weapon and getting the babies ready.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 61%: 1d100: [1] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 1d100: [41] = 41

When the group accepts the mission, Analoy scurries off to go kit out. It takes her most of that time to shrug into her new armor, the she grabs a few of her other new purchases and makes her way out to the landing field.

Just how long are we gonna be on the chain of this Naruni fellow. Seems to me this big fight might be a great time for Eight to have a friendly fire accident.
Amber wrote:"Hey Eight. It would be nice to be able to coordinate with whoever else is defending. Can you get us set up with comms with both the defenders and any one else that is coming in with us? I would rather not be subject to friendly-fire."
"Yeah. Even with coming in behind the enemy, it might be a good idea for the defenders to know we're coming. Just in case they decide we're enemy reinforcements and try to do something crazy." She shrugs and makes a hand gesture that one can only assume is the base self destruct going off.


Continue posting in the Adventure Thread
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

Current Conditions wrote:Time/Date: 2:42:00pm LMT | ~Jan 25th
Environmental Conditions: 35°F ; Chilly, clear afternoon.
GIRLS return from their emergency deployment with some salvage and without their Naruni liaison, Eight.

They find everything essentially as they left it a few hours earlier.
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [52] = 52 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [13] = 13 | 1d100: [93] = 93

Skills Rolls
Telemechanics 80% = 1d100: [16] = 16 (assessing damage to missile launcher)
Pilot: Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes 92% = 1d100: [79] = 79 (to fly missile launcher back to LZ area)
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [73] = 73
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% = 1d100: [69] = 69
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [91] = 91
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [9] = 9 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligence: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [54] = 54 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 6.25 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
[At Naruni complex]
Amber gives a low whistle in awe at the damage Jez managed to do with her ‘bot. Damn girl! You did some damage! She inspects the cockpit area and is relieved to find Jez missing. Glad you made it out alive, but were in the Nine Hells are you Jez?

With the loss of the trail in the muddled tracks, she decides that further looking is useless to her untrained eye. She shrugs her shoulders and says mournfully to the empty bot. “Come home soon, Jez. Or at least send us a message to let us know you are safe. In the meantime, I’ll get this old girl fixed up and waiting for you.” She smiles internally. The Naruni messed up when they made this contract with us. I guess desperation will do that. It feels… somewhat satisfying to see them on the other side of the coin for a change. It’s how they do business after all. Even though it won’t break them, it will cost them a pretty penny to fix her back up.

Aegis of No Retreat
Aegis of No Retreat wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:58 pm Her keen eyes do spot the following:
  • 3 - 100k mercenary cred-sticks.
  • 1 - Naruni small arms ((roll d36 for each and reference EU armory to determine type))
Roll 1d36: [8] = 8 = NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle
While searching the area she finds a few cred sticks and pockets them, as well as the NE-11 Slim-Line Plasma Cartridge Rifle which she slings over her shoulder. (Roll completed above for weapon.)

Knowing that time is of the essence before their ride arrives, she goes over to the disabled missile vehicle and does a quick diagnosis on it with her Telemechanics to see if she can get it back to pickup site. If she is able to get it mobile on her own, she will head back to the LZ. Otherwise, she will request assistance from the rest of the group.

She quickly sends Susan an encrypted message informing her of her findings at the site of the skirmish Jez was involved in. “Sorry Susan. No sign of Jez. Her bot is trashed, but from what I can tell she was able to make it out alive. We need to have a private conversation once we are back in town to discuss where we go from here. Heads up, I’m coming back in with a missile launcher I’ve salvaged.”

She also messages Eight to inform him that she is incoming with a salvaged missile launcher to make sure she isn’t attacked on the way back to the LZ.

Once back to the LZ, she makes arrangements for Jez’s TR-004 to be recovered and dropped off at Titan Robotics for repair. (At the cost of the Naruni, of course.) With instructions to return the bot to the GIRLS Hangar when repairs are completed.
She says to the mercs that they teamed up with as they await transport. “So, Jiquo, Flea, Gin and Mosha. Since we survived… whatever this was and are on our way back to town, I think I will take you up on that offer of a round at Robyn's. First one is on you boys.” She says good naturedly and makes plans to meet them later if they so choose.


[GIRLS Hangar & HQ]
Once they are back in the confines of the Hangar, Amber finally removes her helmet and makes a formal introduction to Phineas and Jerrick. “Nice to meet you both. Sorry I was a bit brusk with you guys out there. You especially Jerrick. It wasn’t personal. Just a product of the situation. You are both welcome to hang out down here on the main floor for a bit while us GIRLS discuss some private business.” She points across the room. “Bathroom is over there if you need to freshen up a bit.”

She heads upstairs with Susan (and Analoy if she is back with us) to discuss the missing Jez situation and what to do about it. “I’ll be right back. I want to grabs something from my room before we begin.” She says, as she heads to her room to pick up her new purchase from the day before, the White Noise Generator.

She places it on the table and turns it on. I’m probably being paranoid, but I’m sure that Eight probably has this whole place bugged and the less he and the Naruni know about us and our plans, the better. She takes a deep breath and starts into what she knows. “So, I searched the area where Jez went and she caused some damage before her bot was disabled. I know she got out, but I’m not a tracker and couldn't figure out where she went. She has disappeared. What do we do now? At the very least, we need a temporary leader. You both have been here longer than I have, and are both competent and dependable comrades, so I would have no issue with following either of you. Thoughts?”
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Jerrick Vincent
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 6:09 am

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Jerrick Vincent »

Perception: d100<31: [70] = 0
JIC: d100: [84] = 84 , d20: [3] = 3
Amber Dach wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:58 pm [GIRLS Hangar & HQ]
Once they are back in the confines of the Hangar, Amber finally removes her helmet and makes a formal introduction to Phineas and Jerrick. “Nice to meet you both. Sorry I was a bit brusk with you guys out there. You especially Jerrick. It wasn’t personal. Just a product of the situation. You are both welcome to hang out down here on the main floor for a bit while us GIRLS discuss some private business.”
Jerrick looks a bit down trodden, “No apology necessary for speaking the truth. You were absolutely right, I wasn’t processing the seriousness or gravity of the situation. I think it was a mixture the newness, excitement and coping with my the fact I was out of my element and unprepared. But that doesn’t mean that I can’t be prepared I still believe I have skills that can benefit GIRLs if given the opportunity. But if you guys decide that is not the case I understand. But I am now aware of the risk and the stakes and I am totally willing to accept both.”
Amber Dach wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:58 pm She points across the room. “Bathroom is over there if you need to freshen up a bit.”
“Thank you. Are their showers? I really need to get out of this armor and into my civies.”

If they have showers he will shower. If they don’t have showers he will clean himself up with soap water and paper towels. Run his hair under the water in the sink. Once he has dried off, he will put on his sweat pants and T Shirt from his bag. He will put his armor in his bag. He heads back out into the lobby. Lays his bag down and looks at Phineas and says, “So what’s your story?”
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 30% | 1d100: [27] = 27
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 | 1d100: [31] = 31
Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the sent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

Looking around GIRLS HQ, Phinneas gives a little whistle and says, "Oh wow, really nice digs!" He sets all his gear on the floor near a table and sits down for a moment, placing Boom Boom on the table in front of him. "Wow, Boom Boom.....First the no mouth guy gives us a hundred grand, then we meet these people with this really cool hangout, and I find a charred cred stick thats still good and I get this!" He picks up the mini rail gun and holds it up as a trophy. "Things really seem to be looking up for us!"

Before Amber can finish her sentence regarding the bathrooms, Phinneas is already on his way to them. A loud sigh of relief can be heard from outside the door. He then returns to the table that he and Boom Boom are sharing and starts to remove a canteen from his belongings.

When Jerrick approaches and asks what Phinneas' story is, he replies "My story? Hmmmm.......I would say if I had a story, it would have to be the one about the old bull and the young bull. Have you heard that one? No? Okay, here it goes. One day there was an old bull and a young bull standing on top of a hill. In the pasture below, at the bottom of the hill, was a herd of cows. The young bull looks at the old one and says, "Hey! Let's run down the hill and fuck us a cow." The old bull looks back at the young one and says "Hold on, hold on. Instead of running down the hill and fucking ONE cow, why don't we just walk on down and fuck them all?" Phinneas looks at Jerrick intently. "Now THAT'S a story. Pretty sure its true from what I've heard. But who knows?" He then sits back in the chair he is in and looks at Jerrick as if he has imparted some kind of world changing wisdom before taking a good, long draw from his canteen.
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
M.D.C. 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo: 192/192
User avatar
Jerrick Vincent
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 6:09 am

Re: G.I.R.L.S. Hangar and HQ (1a)

Post by Jerrick Vincent »

Rolls carried over.
Phinneas_Graves wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:24 pm
When Jerrick approaches and asks what Phinneas' story is, he replies "My story? Hmmmm.......I would say if I had a story, it would have to be the one about the old bull and the young bull. Have you heard that one? No? Okay, here it goes. One day there was an old bull and a young bull standing on top of a hill. In the pasture below, at the bottom of the hill, was a herd of cows. The young bull looks at the old one and says, "Hey! Let's run down the hill and fuck us a cow." The old bull looks back at the young one and says "Hold on, hold on. Instead of running down the hill and fucking ONE cow, why don't we just walk on down and fuck them all?" Phinneas looks at Jerrick intently. "Now THAT'S a story. Pretty sure its true from what I've heard. But who knows?" He then sits back in the chair he is in and looks at Jerrick as if he has imparted some kind of world changing wisdom before taking a good, long draw from his canteen.
Jerrick looks confused for a moment stands up and says “Great story good talk.” . Bonding may take a while with this guy. I had heard stories but the real thing is next level. In the awkward silence he moves to an open area in the lobby and begins doing his daily exercises. Later than normal but he isn’t working at the bar tonight. He had planned to do it after his interview, but then he spontaneously decided to drop into a war zone. What a day. He does 100 push ups, 100 sit-ups and then 100 burpees. He then starts practicing his Martial Arts forms. He sees it as a better use of time than sitting in.
Post Reply

Return to “The Outskirts”