A Titan juicer and a Fox walk into a Storage Facility.

Coming to MercTown via land? You'll have to enter through one of the City Gates. A free MAP and GUIDE of MercTown is provided upon arrival.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Post Reply
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

A Titan juicer and a Fox walk into a Storage Facility.

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<80: [59*] = 1
JIC: 1d10: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [41] = 41

Rufus gives his thanks to the writer and the rest of the Warhawk staff before taking the autographed magazine and heading to the storage facility at the city gates. He smiles and bows slightly to the clerk. "Dober dan tebi, good sir." (OOC: or ma'am, whatever the case may be) "I'm Rufus with the Templar. I'm told we had a package waiting here for us -- my associate should be here shortly with the ticket stub."
First Impressions
Charm/Impress: 1d100<40: [83] = 0
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100<25: [3*] = 1
Once Jason arrives with the stub (OOC: assuming Rufus doesn't have it already) and it's brought out to them he'll give the boss a glance. "So, we gonna open it here or wait until we get back?"
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1454
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: (Templar) 3 humans, a dwarf and a fox walk into a storage facility...

Post by Consumer »

The guard at the kiosk doesn't seem moved by Rufus' charm or lack thereof or Leo's sheer mass, matter of fact he seems more annoyed at the fact he's at work than anything else. When Rufus presents the chit, he looks at it. "Gimme a few minutes."

The man goes in the back, and is gone for approximately three minutes. "It's in our secure storage, gonna take about an hour to get it brought out. So please find a seat and we'll call you when it's ready.

True to his word, an hour later. "Templar, your item is ready." The man says loud enough to be heard. Once the group approaches the kiosk again he motions towards the door to his right. "Through there, it's the crate on the table."

Through the door the team finds itself in a small unadorned room with two other doors, one likely to the kiosk, one deeper inside, and a single metal table. On the table is a very unassuming wooden crate three feet cubed. The only markings are a label with MercTown seal, a barcode and a serial number.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: (Templar) 3 humans, a dwarf and a fox walk into a storage facility...

Post by Leo »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [58] = 58

JIC 1d20: [14] = 14
JIC 1d100: [66] = 66

Leo arrives at the storage facility with Rufus and stands by as Rufus speaks with the proprietor. He shifts from foot to foot, his juicer metabolism unused to long periods of inaction.

Working the farm this morning felt good... real good. Made me a little homesick though. Can't wait to get this delivery done and see if I can't visit my family. Three years I've been gone...

As the team waits, Leo steps outside, and walks some laps around the building at a brisk but leisurely pace, checking back in periodically. When the proprietor tells them the shipment is ready, he goes back to look at the crate on the table.

"Huh."

I dunno what I was expecting. Some chained-up crate with magic amrks all over it, rattling with some living thing inside?

"Any handling instructions we gotta know? You know - 'This Side Up', 'Do not Fold, Spindle, or Mutilate', 'Do not expose to sunlight', 'Crate may bond to certain types of skin'?"

He waits for an answer.

"... 'do not taunt'?"
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Environmental Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40/40
Right Arm: 35/35
Left Arm: 35/35
Right Leg: 45/45
Left Leg: 45/45
Main Body: 80/80
-5% to -10% movement penalty
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1454
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: (Templar) 3 humans, a dwarf and a fox walk into a storage facility...

Post by Consumer »

Leo wrote:"Any handling instructions we gotta know? You know - 'This Side Up', 'Do not Fold, Spindle, or Mutilate', 'Do not expose to sunlight', 'Crate may bond to certain types of skin'?"

He waits for an answer.

"... 'do not taunt'?"
The guard shrugs. "Don't know to be honest, wasn't here when it was stored. I only know what side is up because of the label." The man says with a hint of confusion.

Leo, attempting to pick up the box finds it's not super heavy , maybe a hundred and fifty pounds or so, though for a normal sized individual, it would likely be very awkward to carry.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Leo
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Titan juicer and a Fox walk into a Storage Facility.

Post by Leo »

Perception: 34% 1d100: [39] = 39

JIC 1d20: [8] = 8
JIC 1d100: [9] = 9

Leo picks up the box, and turns to Rufus. "Let's get this back to base, and then whent he others return it'll be ready to go. I... don't guess we have anything like a vault?"

Leo carries the box outside, and loads it into their vehicle. Once Rufus is aboard (and anyone else who shows up and needs a ride), he'll drive back out to the farm.

Part of me - even though I know the job is dangerous or they wouldn't hire out mercs like us for it - really can't wait for the job to start. Back to my old stomping grounds.

Inwardly, he worries about how his family is doing, though he tries to push those thoughts out of his head.
Leo, Titan Juicer
Theme song: Thunderstruck - AC/DC
OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Environmental Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40/40
Right Arm: 35/35
Left Arm: 35/35
Right Leg: 45/45
Left Leg: 45/45
Main Body: 80/80
-5% to -10% movement penalty
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1454
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: A Titan juicer and a Fox walk into a Storage Facility.

Post by Consumer »

The guard only pays a cursory look at Leo and Rufus as they leave the building. And the duo finds the trip back to the Farm uneventful.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and Likely Future DM of BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Post Reply

Return to “The City Gates”