Welcome to Merctown

Coming to MercTown via land? You'll have to enter through one of the City Gates. A free MAP and GUIDE of MercTown is provided upon arrival.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Post Reply
User avatar
Augur
Admin
Posts: 5657
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Welcome to Merctown

Post by Augur »

Image

As you approach the massive, fortified, outer walls of MercTown a voice booms at you once you are within five hundred feet or so.
Loudspeaker wrote:ATTENTION! YOU ARE BEING SCANNED BY EVERY PSYCHIC, MAGIC, AND TECHNOLOGICAL MEANS KNOWN. SUBMIT TO THE DEFENDERS AT THE GATES ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED. SURRENDER ALL LONG-ARMS, POWER ARMOR, AND ROBOT COMBAT VEHICLES. REMOVE AND SURRENDER ALL WEAPONS CONTROL CHIPS IN YOUR VEHICLES. ANY RESISTANCE, ATTACK, OR FAILURE TO OBEY THE DEFENDERS WILL BE MET WITH DEADLY FORCE.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site w/o a subscription, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Palladium Books Internet Policy
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC
Contact:

Re: Welcome to Merctown

Post by Beckett »

Perception: 1d100: [5] = 5 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [7] = 7 | 1d100: [85] = 85

Samantha pauses right outside the portal that was opened up. She waits for the rest of mercenary team known as MARS walk through. "So, we have a little bit of another walk. Once we get past the gates we'll head on back to base."

When she gets greeted by the MercTown Defender, "Samantha Beckett, leader of MARS. Returning from a successful mission. Heading towards the outskirts back to our HQ. We picked up a straggler, and he's coming with us. Do you need me to fill out any paperwork?" She is referring to Drake as she points the cyberknight, waiting for the response, Paperwork, the legacy of civilization.

Samantha looks over at Rocky, What am I going to do with you? With a grimace, "Rocky, you need some medical attention. We are going to get Jennifer to come pick you up, and then take you wherever you need to go. I know she has connections in town, and probably knows the best bio-mechanic there is within MercTown. In fact..."

Samantha pulls out a communication device and calls Jennifer "Jennifer," she starts off not wanting to freak the woman out. "Rocky is alive, but he is hurt. I'd like you to meet us at the MercTown State Hospital." She listens, "Yeah, he's a little drugged out to talk. But he would really like you there.... Okay, see you soon."

To the team that is with her through the portal, "We are going to drop Rocky off at the hospital, on our way."
Quantum
H.P.: 49 / 49 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: MARS PC
Contact:

Re: Welcome to Merctown

Post by Drake »

Perception: 1d100: [92] = 92 /55%
Just in Case: 1d20: [2] = 2 ; 1d100: [63] = 63
Conditions: None.


HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/87
I.S.P.: 31/31
Little Brother M.D.C. (Main Body): 275/15, (Head): 105/110, (Right Arm): 75/100 (Left Leg): 70/150


Drake rolls up behind Beckett, dropping the kickstand of his bike. Drake waits till Beckett is done talking and passes before he talks to the guards. "Afternoon fellas. Been out for a while. I know the drill." Drake says before handing over his rifle for storage. Drake waits for the chit for his gun before heading after Beckett to M.A.R.S.' base of operations.

M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage. EP
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
User avatar
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Re: Welcome to Merctown

Post by Twonjym »

Perception: 68% = 1d100: [63] = 63
JIC 1d20: [4] = 4 1d100: [65] = 65

Conditions: Personal MDC: 152/62; NG-P7 eclip 8/5

Townjym exits the portal and follows the others over to the side, "Come on Pepe, let get over here and outta the way." He pets the Robo-Wolf as the Defenders do their thing. Signing and agreeing to whatever they ask in order to gain entry to the city. After a second, Jim grins and asks the Defenders, "You hear the one about the one armed psychic? No, well ask him." Jim points over to Rocky as he steps out of the portal.

"I'm good to go? Great. Come on Pepe, lets get home." Jim follows the other back to the M.A.R.S. Compound (213a)
Last edited by Twonjym on Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
User avatar
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Re: Welcome to Merctown

Post by Vera Morozov »

Perception: 1d100: [93] = 93 / 44%
JiC d100: 1d100: [28] = 28 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [19] = 19
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Once Vera exits the portal, she looks about the area, still fairly unfamiliar with Merctown.
I suppose I can call this place home now, at least for the next few days.
She will pass the guards the rifle she has on her, finding the act just a touch silly given her augmentations, and especially given Twonjym's presence as well. Still, she complies, taking the chit. "
Take care not to scratch it up, yes?
"
she says to the guard.

She will then proceed with the others to M.A.R.S. Compound (213a) once she is through the gates.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!
M.D.C.

N-F40A Heavy Force Field
  • Force Field M.D.C.: 110/110
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: 150/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.
M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each
Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Giant-Sized Vibro-Blades: 1d4x10 M.D.; Range: Melee
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.
Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS
Contact:

Re: Welcome to Merctown

Post by Rocky »

Perception: 80% 1d100 1d100: [94] = 94
JIC d20: 1d20 Perception: 80% 1d100
JIC d20: 1d20 1d20: [17] = 17 / d100: 1d100 1d100: [21] = 21

Rocky pops In at the Gates of Merctown on a stretcher. He is out of it, and His team moves him along.
Mom Dad I’m Ok just a little woozy.

Rocky pops In at the Gates of Merctown on a stretcher. He is out of it, and His team moves him along.
Mom Dad I’m Ok just a little woozy. Yes, Hades open a portal I'll be OK.,
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Clear and Present Danger
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 8:56 am
Location: Merctown

Re: Welcome to Merctown

Post by Clear and Present Danger »

As MARS arrives at the Gates, home appears to by mostly unchanged since they left. A line of wayward travelers are all waiting as the slow procession lets them all have their chance to be scanned and admitted into the free city.

MARS are the eye of a number of jealous line-waiters as they make their way down the nearly empty line dedicated to returning residents. ”This way, This way.” A heavily armored Defender motions the team forward as they approach. An equipment rack and a table are set up just next to him and another Defender has a rather bulky device reminiscent of a Geiger counter. ”Halt for identification!” The first Defender holds a hand up to motion for the group to stop. As he does so, the second Defender immediately begins scanning the team, only by one. ”Beckett, Samantha.” The first Defender announces as the second says something behind his helmet. They motion Sam through to the weapon racks. ”You know the drill.”

As Samanthas equipment is checked the Defenders focus on the next ember of the team to stride forward. ”Drake, Oliver.” The Defender nods, recognizing the Cyber-knights extended absence but motions him forward nonetheless, towards the weapon check.The rest of the team is similarly checked through with little hassle. Everyone receives receipt chit’s for their gear and are ushered through entry customs at an expedited speed.

Beckett feels a number of eyes on her as she passes down the line, nothing out of the ordinary until she notices a pair of MercTown Defenders near a security entrance appearing to watch her team with an attentive gaze. As he gaze leaves the two Defenders, the hair on the back of her neck raises. She could feel them continuing to watch her and her team as they entered the city.
User avatar
Jack O'Connell
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 8:36 am

Re: Welcome to Merctown

Post by Jack O'Connell »

Perception: 15% 1d100: [80] = 80
JiC d20: 1d20: [4] = 4
JiC d100: 1d100: [59] = 59

As Jack makes his way to the gates with the rest of the crowd, he can't help but think how much Merctown reminds him of Arzno. Surely in a place like this, there ought to be somewhere for him to ply his trade. Hearing the demands of the gate guards as he gets closer, Jack checks the saftey on his rifle and presents himself for inspection. He holds his rifle out for it to be seized and flashes a toothy grin.

"Pleased to meet you, officers. I'm willing to cooperate in any way necessary and would be mighty obliged if y'all would willing to point me to somewhere a man might find gainful employment."
User avatar
Sum of All Fears
Game Master
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Re: Welcome to Merctown

Post by Sum of All Fears »

Jack O'Connell wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:29 am
As Jack makes his way to the gates with the rest of the crowd, he can't help but think how much Merctown reminds him of Arzno. Surely in a place like this, there ought to be somewhere for him to ply his trade. Hearing the demands of the gate guards as he gets closer, Jack checks the saftey on his rifle and presents himself for inspection. He holds his rifle out for it to be seized and flashes a toothy grin.

"Pleased to meet you, officers. I'm willing to cooperate in any way necessary and would be mighty obliged if y'all would willing to point me to somewhere a man might find gainful employment."
Jack notices the line moves with good efficiency for the amount of scanning they claim to be doing on people. The defender nods to Jack as Jack hands over his rifle. "Not many people check the safety before handing it over. Much appreciated." The gruff voice is sincere as the man looks over Jack's documentation. "You know I'm not supposed to recommend things beyond sending everyone to the Job Market Cafe, but seeing as how you seem to be a good sport. I'll tell you that a group called MARS just returned from a job. One of theirs was injured. Might be an opening there for you." The man shows Jack the MARS HQ on the map and passes him through the checkpoint after handing him a ID chit for his rifle.
M.A.R.S. GM / Atlantis GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC); Hellhound (VR PC)
Post Reply

Return to “The City Gates”